4.9

1. Jun 10, 2014
    Got to be honest. Rented the game as I was leery of it. GTA V wanna be to some degree, but ultimately this is like the first Assassin's Creed, minus the graphics and the awesome setting, in that the missions are insanely over done; ie. go here then here, pick up person A here, shoot person here, and on and on. Nothing new, the game in help is borderline missing and much trial and error isGot to be honest. Rented the game as I was leery of it. GTA V wanna be to some degree, but ultimately this is like the first Assassin's Creed, minus the graphics and the awesome setting, in that the missions are insanely over done; ie. go here then here, pick up person A here, shoot person here, and on and on. Nothing new, the game in help is borderline missing and much trial and error is needed, so expect much learning. Weapons were an after thought and not really part of the game to great degree. The hacking is a bit of just an over developed mini-game that quite frankly is just really not that impressive. As for driving, this can be fun, but with all the other issues, really does help the situation.
    Understand, I wanted to like this game, I really did, but the graphics, even for a PS3 are horrid, and the game feels like they fell short for some reason and didn't polish it out.
    I would wait for the bargain bin before buying full MSRP.
  2. Jun 1, 2014
    (Minor spoilers) Very disappointed in this game. As a PC gamer who just started using PS3 a few months ago I thought it would be easier to drive using a controller. NOT!!!! It is extremely difficult trying to keep the car from swerving all over the road. For a game with numerous driving quests this is unacceptable! I have no problem with the graphics at all but the story is lame,(Minor spoilers) Very disappointed in this game. As a PC gamer who just started using PS3 a few months ago I thought it would be easier to drive using a controller. NOT!!!! It is extremely difficult trying to keep the car from swerving all over the road. For a game with numerous driving quests this is unacceptable! I have no problem with the graphics at all but the story is lame, there is no digital manual, the inventory and progression system are confusing and I miss half the quest directions because I'm concentrating so much on driving or they have distracting voice-overs going on! Some of the side quests are also ridiculous. Here you have this serious story of a guy avenging the death of his niece and they have him stopping to play Space Invaders and float around on psychedelic flowers???? Whose dumb idea was that? Additionally, no explanation of how he came to be the vigilante for the entire city of Chicago. "Ok, some mysterious cabal killed my niece so I'm going to wipe out all crime in Chicago?" Not very likely. My second biggest complaint is having to do quests over about 20 times each due to either the bad driving or the extremely difficult enemy AI - they seem to come out of nowhere and have perfect aim whereas I have no armor and am usually killed immediately. The police can spot you a mile away, it seems, and there is no point in hiding in your car. They always find you. Maybe it's me, but I play a lot of FPS and sniper games and do pretty well - no problem with Borderlands 2, Dishonored,etc. using the PS3 but this is the first game where I've wanted to throw my controller through the TV screen. Very frustrating. I was hoping this game would be more like Deus Ex with the hacking but it's like a cross between Far Cry 3 set in Chicago with the bad driving mechanics that I experienced in the Mafia games. The hacking is even lame, one press of a button and voila! I expected much more difficult and interesting hacking puzzles. And, everyone, it seemed, complained about the radio towers in Far Cry 3 so what does Ubisoft do? Yep, more radio towers to climb and hack! Although I do admit they are not as difficult. And they even have a girl who looks like Citra! I broke my rule about waiting a few months after a game comes out to look at reviews before buying and now I know why I have that rule. Too many disappointing hyped-up games. I never pre-order anymore - I don't care what kind of extra crap they promise. When it took me three days to be able to download the Season Pass items I had a bad feeling more trouble was brewing. I was right! I'll try to slog through it but 'a magnificent game', as one reviewer put it??? Not by a long shot!! Expand
  3. Jun 1, 2014
    NO FREE ROAM ON LAST GEN
    NO FREE ROAM ON LAST GEN
    Was on the fence about buying this game. Then my gaming buddy bought it so I decided to look up some reviews and after seeing all the negative user reviews, I was alarmed, I chalked them up to gta fanboys trolling or attempting to hurt the game's image and decided to buy it anyway to try it for myself. I SHOULD have RENTED it. I would agree that the graphics aren't the best (not that I personally care much for graphics) I find the gameplay fun but the story is nothing special at all. Which is a disappointment considering some of the other open world games like red dead, infamous, assassins creed, ect. That managed to deliver both to a degree. This is not a game for last gen. Don't buy for PS3/XBOX 360 there is no online freeroam on last gen consoles. Now for an open world game with multiplayer, this surprised the hell out of me. No excuse for the lack of this feature. If Ubisoft is going to make these cross gen games then they shouldn't half *ss the last gens by leaving out major features and still charge full price for them. Stop cash grabbing and make them current gen exclusives. Again, worth a rent for ps3/360 but no reason to buy.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    The game is good, but is is a real disappointment, I don't like to say it but the developers kind of "lied" to us. They showed a great gameplay in 2012, it was amazing, and all other videos that were announced until the release were also amazing, but when you start to play it you can see the big changes, for example I never stopped my enemy by hacking traffic lights, I try it many timesThe game is good, but is is a real disappointment, I don't like to say it but the developers kind of "lied" to us. They showed a great gameplay in 2012, it was amazing, and all other videos that were announced until the release were also amazing, but when you start to play it you can see the big changes, for example I never stopped my enemy by hacking traffic lights, I try it many times and I just can't, also never saw many other people on youtube to try as well. I was expecting something really cool but looks like i'm disappointed. Expand
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    Horrible, over hyped game. Looks NOTHING like what they showed on the game trailers. The car mechanics are awful. It's like trying to steer a tank. Looks almost like a ps2 game. DO not buy the hype and rent or borrow before you waste 60 dollars like I did. I was so stupid preordering this game, cause I believed all the hype and media about it. They should bury this out in the desertHorrible, over hyped game. Looks NOTHING like what they showed on the game trailers. The car mechanics are awful. It's like trying to steer a tank. Looks almost like a ps2 game. DO not buy the hype and rent or borrow before you waste 60 dollars like I did. I was so stupid preordering this game, cause I believed all the hype and media about it. They should bury this out in the desert the way they did E.T. games back in the 80's. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2014
    so boring, sooooo damn boring..., i played it for an hour and will never start it again. it´s awful that i paid 80€ for the limited edition for such a crap... sad thing....
  7. Jun 2, 2014
    I don't know how this game is on ps4, but on ps3 it's...bad. Graphics are plain and without any detail. Audio isn't good too. Very little street sounds and the car engine sounds seems to be bugged. By reading reviews before buying the game I was prepared for the fact the ps3 version is graphically less appealing than the ps4, but this is a slap in the face. So buyer aware! The low ratingI don't know how this game is on ps4, but on ps3 it's...bad. Graphics are plain and without any detail. Audio isn't good too. Very little street sounds and the car engine sounds seems to be bugged. By reading reviews before buying the game I was prepared for the fact the ps3 version is graphically less appealing than the ps4, but this is a slap in the face. So buyer aware! The low rating here is truthful. Expand
  8. Jun 13, 2014
    I usually dont review games, but I felt I should chime in. I own over 50 games, and not once in all my years of gaming(im 38)i can count on 1 hand how many times I wanted my money back. This is one of those times!!!! So disappointed in this game. granted I have been playing GTAV on ps3, so maybe I'm a bit jaded. UBI screwed the pooch. Drive 1/10 on foot 3/10 story 3/10 side missionsI usually dont review games, but I felt I should chime in. I own over 50 games, and not once in all my years of gaming(im 38)i can count on 1 hand how many times I wanted my money back. This is one of those times!!!! So disappointed in this game. granted I have been playing GTAV on ps3, so maybe I'm a bit jaded. UBI screwed the pooch. Drive 1/10 on foot 3/10 story 3/10 side missions 2/10 hacking8/10(for the first day then slowly drops due to boredom) cops 1/10. now there are a few things that keep me playing, mostly due to the fact my girlfriend bought it for my bday so I feel obligated to at least complete the story. the iphone app is kinda kool in concept, but, meh. another thing thats huge disappointment, I can buy a few guns(not a huge inventory)but no body armor? weak sauce... also wardrobe, HORRIBLE... here is a lame wardrobe, but in different colors, ya!!! not... the AI is short of riding the short yellow bus... now what can I say that is good..... mmmm still trying to find something that justifies 60 bux..... those that bash the negative reviews may either be young and inexperienced or work for ubi. Do yourself a favor, rent it, buy it used, or dont buy it at all. Trust me, its not worth the 60+ dollars... lucky for me, I got skyrim new for 5$, and while its no fallout, its way better than this garbage... Expand
  9. Jun 8, 2014
    The graphics were awful! I was so disappointed when I saw the first cutscene. The driving feels slippery. GTA V has much better graphics and better driving. It's like ubisoft didn't even try on the ps3 I bet it's gonna be the same on assassin's creed comet
  10. May 28, 2014
    Definitely not worth the ~$60 a new game costs. I just returned this game earlier today back to Gamestop, losing money in the process because Gamestop doesn't let you return things based on customer satisfaction. This review is based only on my PS3 Watch Dogs experience:

Pros: Shooting and stealth mechanics are solid. Hacking and Observer features with Aiden are nice, but don't stay "WOW COOL" for too long. Character animations are cool. Feels like a lot of content for one game, which is nice I guess.

Cons: Cars drive pretty badly. Enemy driving AI is super unrealistic. Game looks like butt on PS3, with screen tearing and low textures everywhere and things rendering right in front of you (in the near distance) as you move throughout the world. Main character is raspy-voice, unlikable, and frankly a bit contrived.

This is feels like one of those games that would be a good choice if you could only buy one game with your new next-gen console, since it has a lot of content and probably looks WAY better on next-gen consoles. It is not nice playing this on a PS3 after watching footage of the game being played on PC and next-gen consoles and just KNOWING that it looks way better on other platforms. The game is ugly, and even if you aren't a graphics queen you will notice. The story felt weak and I didn't like that my character always had to wear a trench coat.

Also, my biggest gripe with the game: DRIVING DOESN'T FEEL GOOD. I'm not even that big of a GTA fan, but one thing I liked about GTA5 is that the driving is fun. Steering your car in this game feels more like you are pushing the front and back end of your car in opposite directions, as if the steering mechanism was located in the middle of every car like a swivel. The first time I started driving I notice how much I hated it. Bad driving mechanics in an open-world game is just plain sin.

This game (for PS3) is the first time I bought something just off the hype surrounding it, without waiting for reviews or looking at Metacritic scores. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson...
  11. May 30, 2014
    I purchased watch dogs today and i must say it is generic like everything after gta 3. I have no feelings towards ubisoft one way or another, nor do i hate or love gta 5. This game is just bad. The first few hours are fun. After that EVERYTHING gets annoying. The graphics are bad, but not bad enough to ruin the game... Everything else in this game does the destroying of fun on its own. CanI purchased watch dogs today and i must say it is generic like everything after gta 3. I have no feelings towards ubisoft one way or another, nor do i hate or love gta 5. This game is just bad. The first few hours are fun. After that EVERYTHING gets annoying. The graphics are bad, but not bad enough to ruin the game... Everything else in this game does the destroying of fun on its own. Can you imagine how awful this game was prior to the delay? I will say it is sad that this game could have turned out great with a little more creativity. A lt in this game is stolen from prior games like it... One example is a side game where you shoot aliens. Ring a bell? The people who scored it high must have not played it but a few hours. OH AND THE VOICE OF AIDEN IS AWFFFFULLLL. Expand
  12. May 31, 2014
    Let me just point out. All the positive reviews of this game, were from people who got paid to write them. Look at the critics and user scores. User scores are usually higher than critic scores. But not in Watchdogs. I mean I wouldn't give this game to my enemy. People expecting a modern day Assassin's Creed mixed with GTA and Splinter Cell, will feel highly disappointed. The game getsLet me just point out. All the positive reviews of this game, were from people who got paid to write them. Look at the critics and user scores. User scores are usually higher than critic scores. But not in Watchdogs. I mean I wouldn't give this game to my enemy. People expecting a modern day Assassin's Creed mixed with GTA and Splinter Cell, will feel highly disappointed. The game gets none of the features right but the hacking.

The game should have never been released in this state. The story, the game play, everything about it is terrible. The game play itself is flat out boring and generic. I think this game could have used another year polishing.

The game is even worse on PS3, I just rented this pile of garbage and the driving feels boring. Why even put driving in the game when it is this bad. It feels like I am moving a brick around on a stones board. The damage model on cars is also bad. The cover system kinda hard to get used to and the running is weird. All in all this game sucks. ANd the actual story is boring. I cannot for life of me relate to him that his neice died. Ok I maybe could relate if it was his wife, but a neice, ok I would grieve for a little while, but its just a neice I have many. ;)

I give it a 2 for the concept and the hacking was kind of cool.
  13. May 27, 2014
    Watch dogs was supposed to be the big open world thing this year. It was supposed to offer a pleasurable free roaming experience and have you partake in various hacking opportunity's, to give the player a sense of re-playability. The problem watch dogs has particularly on the PS3, is that its extremely downgraded. It almost looks like a cross of a PS2 & PS3 game.

The driving in watch

The driving in watch dogs is absolutely terrible. It feels like a PS2 driving experience with no damage models hardly, bad movement, and mostly feels a chore to drive around in the open world of watch dogs. Some good features like turning your car's engine off and hiding out the sight of police can be fun at times. GTA 5 really makes watch dogs driving experience seem worthless.

The combat is actually very fun. From threatening shop owners to buying an AK-47 and going on a rampage across chicago can feel like a pleasurable experience at times. You can increase your reputation by taking down criminals, generally doing good things. Doing bad things like killing civilians will decrease your reputation and make you a menace!.

The campaign was fairly enjoyable but lacked substance and sometimes felt more like a chore. I feel that open world games where the player is forced down a campaign path is not the way forward for a next gen open world game. Instead ubisoft should have come up with a way to allow the player to choose his actions in missions Good or Bad.

Hacking is the best feature of watch dogs hands down. From hacking trains, traffic lights, helicopters and generally anything tied to an electronic device aiden can hack it. With a good upgrade tree where you can spend skill points, which offers the player at least a little choice but all ends up the same once maxed out.

Sadly I will be returning watch dogs and getting my refund. Once again the hype has ruined what looked to be a good game for me. I hope the PC community can at least mod the PC version to represent what watch dogs should have been like.

Below is a summary pros and cons.

Campaign – Average, little boring. (DLC could offer something else as long as its free).
    Driving - Terrible. (This area needs some serious patches and re-work).
    Graphics - Atrocious. (This area needs some serious patches).
    Hacking - Great. (We need more things to hack).
    Combat - Very Nice. (Could use some tweaking).

Sadly watch dogs only gets a 3/10 from me. It would have scored much higher if the driving and graphics had been better!.

I will be getting the PC version sometime later and testing it compared to the PS3 version and writing another review.

In the mean time I advise all PC users to mod the game ASAP. We need some tuning and overall some talented hackers to mod the living **** out of this game.
  14. May 28, 2014
    After all of the hype, over-powered trailers and the most insane level of polished screen-shots I have ever seen from a publisher, this "Cross-platform" sandbox hack-fest is most definitely only to be played on next-gen software. The down-graded PS3 version (Reviewed) is a disappointing addition to what has been a blinding year for PS3 games. After the character detail of Last Of us andAfter all of the hype, over-powered trailers and the most insane level of polished screen-shots I have ever seen from a publisher, this "Cross-platform" sandbox hack-fest is most definitely only to be played on next-gen software. The down-graded PS3 version (Reviewed) is a disappointing addition to what has been a blinding year for PS3 games. After the character detail of Last Of us and the draw distance of GTA V, I was expecting at the very least to get a functional, semi-beautiful game as was advertised. ESPECIALLY if I am expected to pay $60 for this "Cross-Platform" MESS.

GRAPHICS - First, the elephant in the room. Splinter Cell's Chaos Theory on the original XBOX is TWICE as good-looking as Watch Dogs on the PS3. Shadows are static, lighting is reserved only for claustrophobic environments and the draw distance is terrible. Trees warp like they are made of jelly and the trailers weather effects are absent, as is the rain-soaked streets. Aiden's clothing looks like it was made out of wrapping paper and the shoddy, barely shaded cars look like bricks.

GAMEPLAY - The driving is terrible, the controls are clumsy to get to grips with and while the hacking is a nice idea, the missions are repetitive and soon out-grows itself. I am not one to downgrade the play-ability of a game based on how it looks, but the performance drop certainly makes the PS3 suffer.

STORY - The story was cliche (A revenge game) coasted along by passable voice-acting and motion capture. Nothing that made Aiden "The newest and most important protagonist in gaming" as billed by Ubisoft.

CONCLUSION - I have been an Ubisoft fan for a long time. But they are looking more and more like EA and are treating their fans the same way. This game was worth HALF of what I paid for it. I shall be trading it in tomorrow and getting something that was advertised HONESTLY. I did NOT get what I paid for... not even close. Extremely disappointed.
  15. May 29, 2014
    I was very optimistic about this game and was very disappointed with what I saw. Lags, bugs, bad graphics (in my opinion of course) and a lot of other things. I mean, really, i thought this game would fight with gta in the open world games, but is far away from that. I played in my friend's house, and now i don't wanna to buy this game, because my disappointment with the game is veryI was very optimistic about this game and was very disappointed with what I saw. Lags, bugs, bad graphics (in my opinion of course) and a lot of other things. I mean, really, i thought this game would fight with gta in the open world games, but is far away from that. I played in my friend's house, and now i don't wanna to buy this game, because my disappointment with the game is very high, unfortunately :/ This for the PS3 version at least, i don't know about the other versions of the game. Expand
  16. May 27, 2014
    I won't rate this a 0 or a 10 like some others do to 'balance' the scores. In my opinion, this is a supreme disappointment after all the hype and delay. PS3 graphics are downright horrible, especially when compared to recent games like GTA5, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and the Last of Us. There is just no excuse for releasing a current game with LAST gen graphics. While the premise isI won't rate this a 0 or a 10 like some others do to 'balance' the scores. In my opinion, this is a supreme disappointment after all the hype and delay. PS3 graphics are downright horrible, especially when compared to recent games like GTA5, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and the Last of Us. There is just no excuse for releasing a current game with LAST gen graphics. While the premise is interesting, I can't get into a 2014 game that makes my eyes bleed. While this might be a worthwhile IP on a PS4 or high-end PC, give it a wide miss on the severely underperforming PS3. Utter crap, Ubisoft. Expand
  17. Jun 5, 2014
    So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.

As this game is a colossal failure beyond my abilties to write in the form of sentences, I'm simply going to list all the problems in this "Sandbox" game:

Watch_Dogs automatically tries to force you into the "Good Karma" route as doing literally any actual "random" event on the world map is just "DURRR, EYM A CRIME SOLVUR, I LISTEN IN ON YUR PHOON N DEN GO 2 SUM PLEYC 2 WITNES SHET LOL". Playing as a bad guy? Well, you'll have no opportunity to say, take advantage of a situation but the worst crime here is the system itself. You need to stay close enough before & when the crime is being commited and If you step in just a little when the game deems it to be 99% close to a crime being commited (as symbolized by the PROBABILITY OF BEING A VICTIM TO A CRIME PERCENTAGE METER above a person's head), both parties (the robber and the one getting robbed, for example) will both fitz into a seizure, ignore eachother and start to casually powerwalk away from the location, and the game saying "HAHA, YOU FAILED TO PREVENT A CRIME, THE CRIMINAL SAW YOU THROUGH THE EYE IN HIS NECK AND NOW HE WILL GO AND COMMIT A CRIME ANOTHER DAY XD". It's just development stupidity beyond my imagination. What did I do subsequently? I shot the criminal in the back of his head and went away smiling. But shame that I got no reward stopping a future crime, nor did I get the opportunity to loot his corpse as the only thing I gained was a "MURDERER!!!!" popup at the top right of my screen.

The police in this game has to be some of the worst I've seen in a while. They are either ignorant, deaf and dumb clutz when you are sneaking around, taking them out loudly with a baton or they're all super-cops, unloading a 100% accuracy barrage of bullets from all directions after rushing to a scene at 160 km/h because they got a report that someone got bumped by a car. I even had the audacity to try and lose them by driving in reversed traffic at full speed in a sports-car. Nope nope nope, said Ubisoft, they have cybernetic implants along with a 600% boost to their handling and breaking capabilities when chasing you, Ubisoft states while jerking off. Don't ask why, our game is perfect and completely justifiles a 60€ pricetag that will drop faster than my libido after orgasm once people start reading reviews for our rubbish. Another police problem would be that patrol cars don't react to traffic laws being broken whatsoever. Drive in opposite lane? No problem. Bump and scratch into people? No problem. Be inches away from driving over a dozen pedestrians? No problem.

Another huge immersive problem would be the people themselves in the city. Apart from a few heavily scripted instances, the personality and overall consistency of the inhabitants are completely off. I've seen dozens of hobos playing virtual reality videogames on their high-end phones while listening in on people that "recently had a panic attack" talk in very deep, collective and calm voices about casually commiting illegal activity. And when that Isn't blatantly obvious, there's also the fact that ALL pedestrians are capable of literally pouncing away from your car If you approach them at even miniscule speeds. This includes eldery people and while seeing an old lady in her 80-90's spasm 4 feet away from my car's hood within the blink of an eye, It's not very realistic while also concreting in the "Good Karma" ideals that the developers have in mind, not letting you do mass murders so easily or realize the absurdly bad car physics to hitting a human body. The cutscenes also look abyssmal with every single NPC set of teeth resembling the detail with that of carved bricks of limestone.

Cars and every aspect of the driving element in this game is copypasted from Sleeping Dogs. While functional, It's FAR from what people expect in this kind of game and more importantly, it's way different from what was advertised as the only "dynamic" thing about cars in this game is that a few plastic covers will fall off after enough damage. The fact that some cars will THROW themselves on the horn 0.0000001 seconds if you slightly bump their rear end is also another example of horrid game design when combined with the constantly occuring scenario where I'd be driving through an intersection, have a truck drive past, I speed up, and the truck suddenly slams on his breaks as he's 85% done crossing the intersection, causing me to crash into his backside because the turd AI in this game told him "SCARY SCARY SITUATION, HE CLOSE, U SLAM BREAKS NOW OK?" It's cheap, It's false advertising and It's Watch Dogs. Stay away.
  18. May 27, 2014
    For all its delay and all the hype it was only ever going to be difficult for Watch Dogs to achieve the acclaim set before it… Sadly it fall quite short of expectations in most areas.

Story – Slow, often confusing but with a handful of memorable characters the game does falter in terms of plot yet this is not potentially as bad as it sounds with the world itself be a vibrant mix of people and it’s easy to get absorbed reaching into people’s lives and feeling good or bad when you take action that changes them.

Graphics – On PS3 the lighting and shadows are actually very good, character models delight but overall it’s bland and lacks detail thanks to some truly poor texturing. Vehicles all look boxy and have generic looks whilst the scarcity of any shrubbery or detail once out of the city hits the feel of the game hard. Poor weather effects and details like characters clothing failing to get realistically wet also seem to put this game far behind its counterparts in terms of detail.

Sound – The soundtrack adds good atmosphere and the voice acting and ambient sounds are good and help recreate some of the atmosphere lost in other areas.

Gameplay – Whilst lacking in other areas can be tolerated to some extent it’s here where Watch Dogs falls down most and it’s not unkind to suggest that Watch Dogs is simply an Assassin’s Creed character transported to Chicago with a trench coat and a mobile phone. The similarities to previous Ubisoft entries are transparent but rather than feel any heritage exuding you have of a sense of lacking and longing for a genre to be pushed forward. Stealth elements are often forced and often early in the game when the player yet has a grasp of certain game mechanics, failing such missions leads to extensive reloading which help further detract from an atmosphere the game had built. Difficulty is uneven and A.I unintelligent (on one occasion I needed to hack a CtOS server and despite being spotted, shot by snipers numerous times, surrounded by about 10 guards and not drawing a firearm once… I managed to hack the server… I wasn’t flanked, the guards didn’t storm me in force, they just stood idly by and let me escape). Furthermore the driving mechanics are simply atrocious and hark back several generations in terms of vehicle sounds and physics – it’s genuinely as if Ubisoft made no effort here, made worse by how much of the game has obviously been reused from previous titles.

Verdict – Taking Watch Dogs as a lone entry it has some personality, an interesting theme and gadgets but it’s open-world model is dated and the impressions it gives of free choice are often false – this is a game that demands to be played as the developers intended. The lack of effort in some areas makes the game feel rushed and far behind the quality expected at the end of a generation (TLOU, GTA V etc…), it feels to some extent like an effort to be first past the post and cash-in on the next-gen consoles (the owners of which should feel suitably disappointed). It’s clear to see where hard work has gone into Watch Dogs but it’s equally easy to see where it hasn’t and that detracts overall making an uneven and distinctly average game that relies on its subject to generate any interest.

Thinking of buying Watch Dogs? Don’t be put off, but certainly lower your expectations.
  19. May 27, 2014
    Not at all a good game. Well Ubisoft in some way trying to make it like their own GTA kind of game. But its a disappointment. The car driving mechanism isn't that great .The graphics looks buggy & the audio too. When you play, your mind will certainly compare it with GTA & you will find this game ain't worth its price. In fact you won't even play it after 1 or 2 hours of gameplay. HugelyNot at all a good game. Well Ubisoft in some way trying to make it like their own GTA kind of game. But its a disappointment. The car driving mechanism isn't that great .The graphics looks buggy & the audio too. When you play, your mind will certainly compare it with GTA & you will find this game ain't worth its price. In fact you won't even play it after 1 or 2 hours of gameplay. Hugely disappointed. I did wait a long for this title & i am hugely disappointed. Expand
  20. May 27, 2014
    The PS3 version of Watch Dogs really does look bad. Everything pops in all the time, and everything looks rather plain unless it's within 10 feet of your character. Also it's a very jagged game, and when you hit high driving speeds everything gets fairly pixelated including light posts and trees. There is also an insane amount of screen tearing present regardless of what you're doing. InThe PS3 version of Watch Dogs really does look bad. Everything pops in all the time, and everything looks rather plain unless it's within 10 feet of your character. Also it's a very jagged game, and when you hit high driving speeds everything gets fairly pixelated including light posts and trees. There is also an insane amount of screen tearing present regardless of what you're doing. In game cut-scenes often look really bad, with stiff animations and awful lightning. It just feels like there's a level of detail that is always absent, a level that I've seen from many other PS3 games. The frame rate is decent though. The game itself is relatively fun, and the story is interesting at the least, but I regret buying this game for my PS3 and should've waited until I had a next gen system. Expand
  21. May 27, 2014
    This game disappoints me. I was happy to finally be getting a game after going 5 to 6 months of only playing GTA 5, NBA 2K, and COD. I wish i had waited to see what the game was like before i bought it.

So i have played watch dogs for about an hour and the story is cool. I like the different hacks you can do and i also like Aiden's character (i don't care much for his rough voice tho). But the graphics are very poor for a game released in 2014. Im not a graphics whore by any means but i just can't comprehend how terrible the cars look when free roaming. It looked like i was playing gran turismo on PS2. And the driving mechanics are not realistic at all. I read somewhere that they used the driving mechanics from some racing game to use in watch dogs but it did not turn out very well. While driving when i bumped into cars they barely moved and my car would spin a little and when trying to correct i would oversteer. While oversteering the car would slide side to side but it wouldn't be fluid at all. It was like a string was attached to the front of a car and someone was jerking it side to side.They failed on the driving. The frame rate also drops significantly at times and with graphics this poor the game should be running very smoothly. I give this a 5/10 because while this is a decent game all the hype on it really let a lot of people down. I was expecting it to rival GTA 5 but it doesn't even belong in the same paragraph as a game as well made as gta 5.
  22. EMG
    May 27, 2014
    The most boring over hyped gimmick to be released in the last decade. Save your money.

- defines what repetitive is. - astonishingly bad graphics compared to the demo's that were shown. - lifeless protagonist. - god awful driving. - runs terrible on most above average systems. -can be completed in a mere 10 hours with the side stuff barely keeping you interested. - "hacking" gets

- defines what repetitive is.
    - astonishingly bad graphics compared to the demo's that were shown.
    - lifeless protagonist.
    - god awful driving.
    - runs terrible on most above average systems.
    - "hacking" gets real old soon.
    - UPLAY

I could go on but the fan boys will soon swarm this page so it doesn't matter.
  23. May 27, 2014
    This game is a lackluster and such a big disappointment. Supposedly Ubisoft delayed the game to further polish it but none of that happened. The game is still buggy, graphics is not next-gen (nothing like infamous), and the characters are crap. Just youtube "watch dog bugs" or "watch dog vs gta iv" you'll see what I mean. This isn't next gen worthy game.
  24. May 27, 2014
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 . However hello.

Game like tomorrow goes on the shelves . And I can tell you one thing - your money is not worth it at all. The fact that Ubisoft , looking at the success of the GTA series , decided to make your GTA , not whores , but with smartphones . Especially that the engine team and the concept is - benefit yubiki make very pribilny
    Watch Dogs - a major disappointment in 2014 . However hello.

The fact that Ubisoft , looking at the success of the GTA series , decided to make your GTA , not whores , but with smartphones . Especially that the engine team and the concept is - benefit yubiki make very pribilny game series about Asasinchikov that impinge on all living things .

But one thing to come up with crazy story about the evil Templars, there PARKUUUUR add a little historical events spice this thing the free world and beautiful locations , beautiful stuff in a box and sell every year by 49.99 per copy .

Another thing is to make a project from scratch. And here the problems begin the game . Let's start with the fact that the physics of the game a little more miserable than full. People behave like a sack of potatoes , destructible cars at ... GTA 3! To **** , I have not seen such a long time. You like it crashed , but the machine does not appear dents, no chips, no scratches (as in GTA 5 , where physics and destructible cars on top) and just fall off the doors, hood , trunk and so on. It's ... it's ... it's just ****ed up ! 2014 in the yard.

Physics cars like iron. Such as in GTA 5 is not here. You crashed into an SUV on a sports car , and he flies to a dozen meters. Stupid cops impassable . They will stand in place, will not you try to go around the flanks (like GTA ), and so on. And along the way they sobyut everyone they see , demolish all the posts and fences , and even a couple of times will get in an accident .

The plot, good old tradition - crazy and just like the students , whose mothers abused in DotA . SG with a single tap on the ip calculates villains , hacks urban services , uchinyaet apocalypse and so on. In general, the whole plot revolves around revenge to all and sundry. Follow him bored and he needed here more for show .

And part of the game when you are hacked urban services just did not bad. You switch between cameras , switching between various devices exploding transformers . But NOT to do such feature around the whole game. It rolled in the 90th , but in 2014, not a ride . You can not make a game , for example, around the time dilation.

And in the best traditions Yubisofty here clocked up a bunch of unnecessary svistelok - perdelok . Kraft any useless **** , TONS of unnecessary weapons , which is not very different from each other. Pumping , shifted to the Left ups , and lots and lots and lots of things that , in principle, you do not need .

In GTA 5 was an awesome character animation . Zingy videos, interesting and colorful characters . There is nothing like that . Character animation during cutscenes standard and blows the roof (as in the same GTA 5) , interesting characters here especially and not. All of them ... well, whether that standard . And you've seen them a hundred other game series .

And yes, for some reason, here are tightened bunch of unnecessary missions , such as gathering , damn , 16 bit coins, or shooting svetoponosom . What, why , why? Why not GTA5 plot tasks sometimes better than the plot , and then decided to fake and do **** like that ?

Game lacks class plot, interesting fichey memorable characters , whether that balance . Lacks some of its concepts . Game sulfur, boring and not interesting. You can not simply take the concept Asasina , cram a bunch of svistelok perdelok and hopes that the player skhvataet this **** (well he skhavataet anyway) . GTA 5 smartphones failed.

Do not buy in any case . Swing or not to swing ... your business. I would not .
  25. May 27, 2014
    Almost unplayable on the PS3! The framerate often drops to almost single-digits. I am surprised they didn´t cancel the PS3-version before release. Really shortsighted by Ubisoft. The gameplay still looks interesting. Far from the high expectation I had, after E3 two years ago, but still looks pretty fun. Will probably get this on PS4 when the sour taste, of my disappointment over theAlmost unplayable on the PS3! The framerate often drops to almost single-digits. I am surprised they didn´t cancel the PS3-version before release. Really shortsighted by Ubisoft. The gameplay still looks interesting. Far from the high expectation I had, after E3 two years ago, but still looks pretty fun. Will probably get this on PS4 when the sour taste, of my disappointment over the PS3-version, has gone away. Expand
  26. May 27, 2014
    This game is awesome, the game mechanic are nice and the control too, all the little thing like walking while checking your phone make the game more realistic. The whole game is original and a really enjoyable open world game...I liked GTA V and I must say that WatchDogs is so much more fun.

And for everybody who is so disapointed about graphics....you are just stu*id...the game look better then any other game on PS3...it's just normal that it don't look as nice as the PS4 version...you dont have to spend 400$ to get the ps4 and you can play this awesome game....what's the problem ?..if you want to have really nice graphic go get a PS4 and stop saying that the graphic are bad...It's like if you were saying that a game look REALLY bad because you watched a video of the game running on 2000$ PC and it was so much nicer....seriously....please, try to be smart just a little bit....
  27. Jul 8, 2014
    well where should i start watch dogs was a fun game at the start and the ctso hacking was fun but it got repetitive and kept doing the same thing again and again it got very boring so watch dogs is not a must buy but if you want it buy it
  28. Jul 14, 2014
    I really liked the concept for this game, the idea of the ctOS network, while scary, and having the ability to alter it was awesome. That feeling never really changed. After just beating the game, I've got to say overall I'm disappointed, yet I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Lets start with the good. I really liked all of the side missions for the game, the gang hideouts, criminalI really liked the concept for this game, the idea of the ctOS network, while scary, and having the ability to alter it was awesome. That feeling never really changed. After just beating the game, I've got to say overall I'm disappointed, yet I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Lets start with the good. I really liked all of the side missions for the game, the gang hideouts, criminal convoys, fixer contracts, ctOS towers, and even simple stuff like escaping the cops. It wasn't until I did most of the hideouts and convoys that I actually began doing to campaign. Again, the campaign at first was fun, it pulled a good deal out of the system, and allowed hacking things to be your main weapons. About in the middle of act three the game completely changes. No longer are tactics needed, it's just straight up shoot everything until the very end of the game. Even if you did attempt to hack and scout things out, the second you could make ctOS scans and got the spec ops Goblin, there became no reason to take time to scout areas out, as I could to the same thing in 1 second, and kill everyone in 10. The main things that bothered me were the completely fake interactions between Aiden and every single character, GTA had much better acting, and honestly, I think those characters are WAY more memorable. These games are comparable, as the characters are complete narcissists with a barely existing moral compass, and the basis of the game is kill everyone, than kill the guy you killed everyone else for. You know what the difference between the two games is? GTA is fun, and funny. Call me a GTA fanboy, and frankly I didn't like any of them but GTA 5, but I hope there isn't another Watch Dogs. It will be another attempt for Ubisoft to syphon your money, just like the past two Assassin's Creeds (3 and 4 only. The rest are amazing). I personally would say don't buy this game, wait for Destiny, buy or replay GTA 5 or some other game, whatever. If it was $20 I'd say it's worth it for sure, just honestly guys, it's not worth $60, play what you already have. Expand
  29. Jan 7, 2015
    It's actually a very good new idea. It might have not given people the adrenaline rush they'd hoped for, but it's worth it if you want to either see how this experiment unfolds or if you're a teen living with a mother who doesn't like GTA's strip clubs.
  30. Mar 7, 2015
    Score Breakdown: Sound Effects and Music 10/10, Chess 10/10, Mini-Games 10/10, Replay Value 10/10, Loading Screens and Frame Rate 9/10, Driving 9/10, Graphics 9/10, Game Stability 8/10, Puzzles 8/10, Voice Acting 6/10, Plot 5/10, Realism 4/10, Shooting 2/10, Total Score 7.7/10

Conclusion: Actually a good game; but tarnished by mediocre shooting, and questionable plot and premise.
  31. Mar 20, 2015
    there is nothing special about this game. the game doesn't have ideas even hacking isn't well used. side missions are totally boring .. the same thing every time.
    it reminds me with assassin's creed.
    i thought it would be better than that
  32. Jun 29, 2014
    This has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number ofThis has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number of scripted actions. Driving is a joke (think an old PS2 arcade game), the story is idiotic and the mission selection is extremely limited. And as bad as it looks on next-gen systems, it looks even worse on the PS3/Xbox 360. Extremely disappointed and this game will tank at retail very soon. Buy GTA V!!! Expand
  33. Aug 2, 2014
    Easily the worst game I have ever played. Terrible story, the controls are incredibly awkward, the enemies dont make any sense. There is no way in hell you will still be standing after taking a round from an M107 in the chest or helmet if you only have sapis and a kevlar on. At least let me buy some body armor as well. The "hacking" was awful. I work as a white hat hacker myself and thisEasily the worst game I have ever played. Terrible story, the controls are incredibly awkward, the enemies dont make any sense. There is no way in hell you will still be standing after taking a round from an M107 in the chest or helmet if you only have sapis and a kevlar on. At least let me buy some body armor as well. The "hacking" was awful. I work as a white hat hacker myself and this was just typical hollywood "hacker" nonsense. I regret that i refuse to give up until I beat it since I bought it but the moment the credits are done I am breaking the disc in half. So much more satisfying than returning this imitation of a game. Please stick to assassins creed ubisoft montreal. Its what you are good at. Expand
  34. Jun 1, 2014
    Watch Dogs, hacking is our second choice because it's really not that important.
    It had all the resources to create a compelling inmersive experience, a game truly next- gen. Sadly, It didn't happen. But I see a bright future for this new franchise, hopefully Ubisoft will redeem itself in next releases.
    Worth a try.
  35. May 27, 2014
    After reading all the negative user scores, i decided to buy the game and see why everybody is so negative about it...To my amazement, i realized that some people are by nature narrow minded.
    I will agree to say that some mechanics are not that good. For example the car sounds etc. but apart from that its a first of its kind on the ps3 console...Ubisoft well done!!!!...i loved assassins creed black blag and splinter cell, just is just another top title under your belt!!!!!
  36. May 29, 2014
    Watch dogs is awesome!! Of course if you were expecting graphics like in PS4, you can be a little disappointed, but still is an incredible game. The story mode ir really good and the things you can do with a single phone are amazing! The only thing I didnt liked in Watch Dogs,was driving... The driving experience wasnt good at all. The car does not move naturally and so, is very difficultWatch dogs is awesome!! Of course if you were expecting graphics like in PS4, you can be a little disappointed, but still is an incredible game. The story mode ir really good and the things you can do with a single phone are amazing! The only thing I didnt liked in Watch Dogs,was driving... The driving experience wasnt good at all. The car does not move naturally and so, is very difficult to control it.
    So, awesome game that it could be a 10/10 if driving were improved!
  37. May 28, 2014
    Watch Dogs may be one of the most intelligent games I've played in years. It's probably going to get lumped in as "just another GTA clone", but it's a rather different beast than that. The hacking element is front and centre, with a lot of impacts on gameplay, story and setting. The gunplay is rarer than you may expect, but extremely satisfying, with a particularly fluid-feeling coverWatch Dogs may be one of the most intelligent games I've played in years. It's probably going to get lumped in as "just another GTA clone", but it's a rather different beast than that. The hacking element is front and centre, with a lot of impacts on gameplay, story and setting. The gunplay is rarer than you may expect, but extremely satisfying, with a particularly fluid-feeling cover system. The general theme is very well realised, with a lot to say about the implications of the "big data" society.

If you go into this expecting something just like GTA, you may be a little disappointed. But this isn't GTA, it's its own beast, and an exceptionally good one. Turn your brain on, and you'll be rewarded.
  38. May 27, 2014
    Don't listen to all the people griping about graphics. I like the graphics just fine, much like the other reviewer stated go buy the damn thing on a ps4 or xbox one if you want next gen graphics. I have been having a blast with it so far. True it isnt quite a good or deep as gta 5, but if i want gta 5 ill play gta 5. Its a good mix between gta5 and sleeping dogs in my opinion. I readDon't listen to all the people griping about graphics. I like the graphics just fine, much like the other reviewer stated go buy the damn thing on a ps4 or xbox one if you want next gen graphics. I have been having a blast with it so far. True it isnt quite a good or deep as gta 5, but if i want gta 5 ill play gta 5. Its a good mix between gta5 and sleeping dogs in my opinion. I read all the negatives and about didn't give it a try. Glad I did. Expand
  39. May 28, 2014
    The trouble with anything that has been overhyped, is that if it fails to deliver as the true 'zeitgeist' experience that many who have been sucked-in demand, then it is immediately deemed a failure. Its a truly sad example of 'all or nothing', because quite often, if the so-called 'failure' is approached objectively, then its merits can be appreciated, and a true measure of what is onThe trouble with anything that has been overhyped, is that if it fails to deliver as the true 'zeitgeist' experience that many who have been sucked-in demand, then it is immediately deemed a failure. Its a truly sad example of 'all or nothing', because quite often, if the so-called 'failure' is approached objectively, then its merits can be appreciated, and a true measure of what is on offer can be gained.

Watchdogs on PS3 does not earn any kudos at all within the first hour. A tedious and murky introduction, coupled with lackluster graphics (I'll come back to that) and a horrid nigh-on minute-long reload of the mission if you fail, instantly repel. Then, its into the main game, and alarm bells rung extremely loudly: its traditional 'sandbox' fare, with a campaign, and offset 'extra' missions (for seeming good value), and a few quirks here and there. It feels immediately like a clunky ill-fit of parts, trying desperately to be the next Assassin's Creed, but without the innovation, or the involvement so crucially needed.

Then, it all changes....... and fast!! The 'hacking' element kicks-in, and the whole emphasis of the game changes rather fast. What had initially seemed a gimmick, suddenly plays a heavy part of the game. It may seem very fiddly initially, but when you have a grasp of the concept, suddenly you're dealing with a puzzle game effectively within the confines of the game world, and its one that when you receive the pay-off, is massively satisfying. Coupled with the fact that once you understand the nature of the game, and that it can also affect that initially rather mundane world played-in much more than you'd expect, this suddenly adds much depth to the game - truly, if you invest the time (3 hours roughly) then you will be sucked-in. The controls on the cars is clunky as well, but then there are delights, such as riding the motorbikes in the game. I guarantee, that once you ride one bike in the game at high speed, then you may well never touch another car again (I haven't so far!!).

The graphics will be an instant turn-off for many, and its true that it does all look a bit 'half-baked': the frame-rate can jitter at times, the cars don't have a proper damage and degradation engine (crash a car into a wall at high speed and it only has minor damage), there's clipping and texture collision issues, pop-in and texture fill-in when driving, and tearing as well - but if it detracts, then it never truly kills the gameplay (by the way - I played this in 1080P, so if you have different results, please let me know!!). Sound is the usual: really good voice-acting, coupled with okay effects, and a soundtrack that sadly is more filler than killer.

As a last point though, I'd like to add about some of the idiotic presentation options that have been put-in - reloading after a failed mission feels like a hike, and coupled with the fact that if you don't want to try again you have to pause and quit the mission, feels utterly stupid - why not just give the option to quit or retry straight-off? I mention this, because this baffling method of interaction runs throughout the game, and if you aren't aware, it can mean often having to restart a mission and regaining lost ground - and its really annoying.

I'm playing Watch Dogs without the hype (I wasn't bought by it, I needed a diversion from my endless Dark Souls 2 obsession!!), and I'm enjoying it greatly. And with that, I hope that Ubisoft aren't put-off from a bad reception otherwise, and advance this game into what could be a stellar series - after all, Assassin's Creed and Hitman had suitably lukewarm receptions upon their introductions, and look where they are now.

Don't expect the universe from Watch Dogs, just expect a lot of fun, and satisfying depth for such a game, and you'll be surprized
  40. May 27, 2014
    Seriously now i'm speechless!!!Why all these zeroes?This game is really awesome and it has a cool gameplay.Ok the graphics may be a little of the usual stuff but it's fun and there has to do plenty of things and in my opinion it's way better than GTA.And by that because first you can choose what to do and besides the storyline guide if you want to be bad or good not like GTA and second theSeriously now i'm speechless!!!Why all these zeroes?This game is really awesome and it has a cool gameplay.Ok the graphics may be a little of the usual stuff but it's fun and there has to do plenty of things and in my opinion it's way better than GTA.And by that because first you can choose what to do and besides the storyline guide if you want to be bad or good not like GTA and second the story is really good.I would really recommend the game to anyone who likes open world and action-adventure. Expand
  41. May 27, 2014
    there is one word for this gam and it is amamzing 10/10 anyday because of its unique characters and 42 hour plus story and there is lot sto do in this city side missions and just messing about
  42. May 27, 2014
    Alguns dos mecânica de jogo é semelhante ao PlayStation Exclusivo, The Last of Us. No entanto, alguns E3 2012-2013 parte foram mising ou cortar pela Ubisoft, tais como; Mão-stealth, Gun sequense, história dramática, etc .. O psíquico gameplay estava usando um motor de baixa vida, Havok (também usado em Tlou). Enfrentá-lo, este não é GTA ou Saints Row, ou qualquer outro tipo de jogo sandboxAlguns dos mecânica de jogo é semelhante ao PlayStation Exclusivo, The Last of Us. No entanto, alguns E3 2012-2013 parte foram mising ou cortar pela Ubisoft, tais como; Mão-stealth, Gun sequense, história dramática, etc .. O psíquico gameplay estava usando um motor de baixa vida, Havok (também usado em Tlou). Enfrentá-lo, este não é GTA ou Saints Row, ou qualquer outro tipo de jogo sandbox familiar. Eu estava tendo tanta divertido com a parte de hackers, por roubar informações pessoais, conta bancária, comprar uma rede, mas apenas esperando por este jogo legal, até que você dê uma boa, ou ruim responder .... Expand
  43. May 29, 2014
    This is a Very good game. The graphics are good, the hacking is good. But the let down is mainly the driving! After all the hype and excitement it good if is a let down but still a very amazing game. Few glitches. Not as good as next gen but what do you expect? Also The recommended age is 18 but I say that a mature child would be fine with it at 11+.
  44. May 31, 2014
    After looking at all the negative and positive reviews, I decided to rewrite my review in a different and more detailed way after I played the game a little more.
    Pros: Storyline is slightly generic but still interesting
    Side characters are intriguing The city feels alive Skill point system is cool to me Cutscenes are pretty good Digital trips are really cool Cars are detailed and
    Pros: Storyline is slightly generic but still interesting
    Side characters are intriguing
    The city feels alive
    Skill point system is cool to me
    Cutscenes are pretty good
    Digital trips are really cool
    Cars are detailed and look real
    Gunfights are fun
    Online hacking is solid (if I can ever find a match xP)

Neutrals:
    Morale system has little purpose
    Stealth mechanics are simple but still work

Cons:
    Hacking is initially interesting, but becomes bland after a while
    Protagonist has little personality (that I've noticed)
    Can't customize anything (you only have preset clothing)
    Car-damage system is horrible (if you smash your car into a wall at 100 mph, you get a small dent)
    Driving itself is rushed and incomplete
    It never could've lived up to the overwhelming hype. Blame the publisher, not the developer.
  45. May 28, 2014
    I can't believe the bad user score. GTA Fa nboys much?On the PS3 I was also disappointed in the graphics, but what did you expect from a current gen game on a last gen console.This game is really fun.People should stop comparing it to GTA. This is a new sandbox game type and as far as I am concerned it is a success,even on PS3

The Graphics are quite bad,but its not the worse I've seen

The Graphics are quite bad,but its not the worse I've seen on the PS3. Its not unplayable and as long as you are not traveling it looks decent.but as soon as you start driving the graphics start to look bad.The AI in this game is also not very good,but again not the worse I've seen on PS3 games.The game is a bit unbalanced and it definitely favors the 'Good' players as apposed to the criminals.

One thing I can rage about is the games multiplayer. Its virtually impossible to 'Hack your friends' like the trailer said.Its got no friends list or any type of buddy invite system.It should have said 'Hack a bunch of random people all the time while searching for your friends'.Free roam multiplayer and the decipher game mode is also non existent on the PS3.

Despite the games many many flaws,I find myself addicted to it and can't stop playing,which is ultimately what I'm looking for in the game.Its definitely worth the price.This is the first game from Ubisoft in a very long time that was a bit touch and go but ultimately I think this is a fantastic game and as always they have not failed to impress me.

For all the Haters,Stop being cheap and buy a Current gen Console or PC
  46. May 27, 2014
    Seriously, do some of you think that Watch Dogs is going to run well on the PS3? It's 8-year-old hardware. EIGHT!!! If you wanted to have next-gen graphics, why did you buy it for the ps3? It's not Ubisofts fault that ps3 can't run this game. You should be grateful that they even made it for the console. Go play it on Ps4 or XOne and it looks amazing. Seriously, it's beyond me when peopleSeriously, do some of you think that Watch Dogs is going to run well on the PS3? It's 8-year-old hardware. EIGHT!!! If you wanted to have next-gen graphics, why did you buy it for the ps3? It's not Ubisofts fault that ps3 can't run this game. You should be grateful that they even made it for the console. Go play it on Ps4 or XOne and it looks amazing. Seriously, it's beyond me when people **** about a game not looking good on 8 year old hardware. So its a great game! Expand
  47. May 28, 2014
    I will say i was disappointed in the first hour of gameplay, not because of graphics or bad controversy, but because of the weird unusual start up of the story! The game is nothing like GTA so if thats what your expecting dont buy it. It mixes fun hacks and mini games along with side missions and a story mode! I never got bored while i was playing as a robot spider destroying a city! ItsI will say i was disappointed in the first hour of gameplay, not because of graphics or bad controversy, but because of the weird unusual start up of the story! The game is nothing like GTA so if thats what your expecting dont buy it. It mixes fun hacks and mini games along with side missions and a story mode! I never got bored while i was playing as a robot spider destroying a city! Its amazing how similar this game is to Assassins Creed, it feels like a modern day AC game! Ubisoft never fails to impress.
    Pros
    *Engaging Story
    *Fun side Missions
    * Fun Multiplayer
    * Good Voice Acting
    *Good AI
    Cons
    *Current Gen Graphics
    *Weird Controls
    *Lifeless Driving
  48. May 27, 2014
    People need to get there expectations in check. I'm still playing on PS3 and this game is a blast! I haven't had one single complaint. Maybe people just don't understand that most of the gameplay footage shown at E3 and online was of next-gen gameplay. Of course it's gonna look worse when you've spent so much time watching videos of next-gen, and then play the current-gen game. It's allPeople need to get there expectations in check. I'm still playing on PS3 and this game is a blast! I haven't had one single complaint. Maybe people just don't understand that most of the gameplay footage shown at E3 and online was of next-gen gameplay. Of course it's gonna look worse when you've spent so much time watching videos of next-gen, and then play the current-gen game. It's all about expectations, and so few people know how to control theirs. This game is absolutely fantastic! In fact, I don't know why I'm even writing this when I could be playing it. Later! Expand
  49. Jun 3, 2014
    I just bought mine 3 days ago and I already think i have played about 40 hours. The game is awesome , I haven't experienced any major bug that could ruin the game. The story is great , the game play is great and the multiplayer is amazing. I recommend the Watch Dogs from the bottom of my heart.
  50. May 30, 2014
    Actually Watch_Dogs looks like a game made for consoles. Maybe PC is better and stronger tool but I've played this game on both, and I feel like PS3 wins this time. Most people here complain about premiere date, not so amazing graphics (I think they deserve a Nobel) and mechanics that spoil all the fun we get from gameplay, but actually WD is Ubisofts experiment. They are trying to thinkActually Watch_Dogs looks like a game made for consoles. Maybe PC is better and stronger tool but I've played this game on both, and I feel like PS3 wins this time. Most people here complain about premiere date, not so amazing graphics (I think they deserve a Nobel) and mechanics that spoil all the fun we get from gameplay, but actually WD is Ubisofts experiment. They are trying to think outta the box and try a modern style. The biggest problem Ubi had is driving mechanics, which are pretty good... but they could be better. I have nothing bad to say about shooting, aiming, hacking mechanics or other game mechanics. One last thing to say is, that Chicago in Watch_Dogs doesn't feel like the real one. It isn't so big, but it is alive. There are lots of things to do after ending the main story. You can also play online and grief other peoples Chicagos all over and along. After all this game deserves 89/100 and id say 9/10 just because bugs, driving not so good as the GTA's and shrinked Chicago. Expand
  51. May 27, 2014
    Some of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so muchSome of the gameplay mechanic is similiar to PlayStation Exclusive, The Last of Us. However, some of E3 2012-2013 part were mising or cut by Ubisoft such as; Hand-stealth, Gun sequense, dramatic story, etc... The gameplay psychic was using a low-life engine, Havok (also used in TLOU). Face it, this isn't GTA, or Saints Row, or any other kind of familiar sandbox game. I was having so much fun with the hacking part, by stealing personal information, bank account, taking over a network, but you just waiting for this cool game, until you give a good, or bad respond.... Expand
  52. Jul 6, 2014
    REVIEW UPDATE---What was I thinking. (So anyway this game is still excellent game if I say these things now.) Okay, in consoles the graphics are just bad, seriously. The story is not so interesting and the game for consoles feel like it was been abandoned. Multiplayer is not revolutionary but it's good. Big disappointment on consoles I have to say.
  53. Jun 16, 2014
    I created an account to post just this one review. I really don't understand the hate for this game. I am playing on PS3. This is the most fun I've had playing a game in a very long time, probably since Red Dead Redemption. I probably have 30-40 hours in and I only did 3 main missions so far. I am just too busy exploring the map and doing all the side stuff.

I am having so much fun just

I am having so much fun just derping around in this open world, more fun than I ever had in any GTA game I can remember. Last night I spent an hour just chillin' in some NPC's basement and playing poker. The NPC's in this game are really well done and I love how interactive the whole environment is. 9/10
  54. May 30, 2014
    Okay I haven't finished the game but I gotta say this is probably one of the challenging games I've ever played. The Hacking is awesome and there is so much to do around the city. The missions are pretty long which is good and at times it gets harder as you go. The only things I dislike about the game is that you cannot shoot while you're driving. I understand they are not trying to beOkay I haven't finished the game but I gotta say this is probably one of the challenging games I've ever played. The Hacking is awesome and there is so much to do around the city. The missions are pretty long which is good and at times it gets harder as you go. The only things I dislike about the game is that you cannot shoot while you're driving. I understand they are not trying to be like GTA but come on at least give us the option. Also during the missions you hack a system that makes you do these hacking puzzles and GOD I hate that. Overall this is a great game so I give it a 8.5/10. I Expand
  55. Jun 1, 2014
    The game is awesome, but it's not what I was expecting. People love to say bad things about it because most of them are GTA V fanboys. I own both games, beaten both games and I enjoy them a lot. Here's what I think:

Cons: - The game graphics aren't very good, it looks like I'm playing Infamous 1 from 2009. - You can't pilot a helicopter or a plane. - While Watch Dogs has about 60

Cons:
    - You can't pilot a helicopter or a plane.
    - While Watch Dogs has about 60 land vehicles, GTA V has over 130 air, land and water vehicles.
    - Freezes sometimes.

Pros:
    - Driving and the soundtrack are okay.
    - The NPC's AI is pretty good.
    - It's full of side-missions and mini games, you will always have something to do.
    - There's a lot of things to hack all over the map.
    - A lot of different costumes to buy.
    - The map is big and has a lot of places to explore.
  56. May 31, 2014
    Not sure what everyone is crapping on about. This game is amazing. For the PS3, I think the graphics are great.. Not much difference in comparison to the next-gen versions of the game at all. A lot of fun, missions are awesome, long story, good characters and great open-world. Not sure why everyone is complaining, maybe because the game was so hyped up but I loved it. Well done Ubisoft inNot sure what everyone is crapping on about. This game is amazing. For the PS3, I think the graphics are great.. Not much difference in comparison to the next-gen versions of the game at all. A lot of fun, missions are awesome, long story, good characters and great open-world. Not sure why everyone is complaining, maybe because the game was so hyped up but I loved it. Well done Ubisoft in my opinion. Expand
  57. Jun 12, 2014
    I cant understand the down voting of watch dogs on meta critic the score of 4.6 is way off the true score.
    Although on ps3 the game is not as ground breaking as it could be watch dogs is not GTA V so some mechanics don't feel the same the driving mechanics you will love or hate but if you have played the driver series you will be right at home. This game for the most part on ps3 has decent graphics and frame rate except if there are masses of enemy gangs and police the ps3 cannot handle it so the frame rate drops although this is not seen very often there is good online connectivity and good fun with the online available a shame they omitted the multiplayer team death match hack mode from the ps3 version.
    Watch dogs is absolutely full off content collectables side missions mini games and hacking puzzles. I completed the main game in around 30 to 40 hours but not 100% completion this will take a lot longer.
    Over all this is a good game and my advice would be ignore the reviews buy it and try it if you are looking for an open city sandbox game with a slightly different take on the genre than saints row and GTA V.
  58. KJ4
    Jun 7, 2014
    So, I just finished the main story of this game, and I decided to take a look at the reviews. To my surprise I saw how many negative reviews it got and left me wondering why. But then I noticed something about the negative reviews, it seems that 3 out of 4 of the reviews start off with something like "Not as good as it was made out to be/ over hyped etc. etc." But that's just it, nobody isSo, I just finished the main story of this game, and I decided to take a look at the reviews. To my surprise I saw how many negative reviews it got and left me wondering why. But then I noticed something about the negative reviews, it seems that 3 out of 4 of the reviews start off with something like "Not as good as it was made out to be/ over hyped etc. etc." But that's just it, nobody is considering what this game actually is, they are comparing it to what they wanted, when they should be analyzing the game itself.

Honestly I loved this game, sure I can admit it was over hyped, but even though it wasn't what I expected it still made for a great game with and a lot of fun. Many people spoke of the graphics but I don't think you should be turned off. Yes, they aren't a great breakthrough for graphics but if you really cared that much about graphics you would go buy it on a PS4 or PC, and it's not like they are horrible and unbearable, they were just standard.

The gameplay is somewhat generic, hacking features aside, but who doesn't love a generic open world city to explore? I found a lot of the hacking to be a lot of fun being able to change traffic lights, raise bridges, make things explode and even disabling enemy helicopters at the press of a button. I often hear people talk about the controls being a bit difficult, but after a few levels they become much easier to use, it's just a matter of getting used to it and honestly I liked the controls once I did get used to it.

The story was good. Nothing too remarkable, no spoilers but it was basically you did something bad to me, I want revenge, few main enemies appear before the big ending, there was a few very minor plot twists in it, nothing that's going to leave you in shock and awe. But despite that by the end of the game it did make me feel empathetic to the protagonist and at some points managed to make me genuinely feel bad for the character.

As for performance issues, I don't really understand what people are saying? I had almost no performance issues at all when I played through it, I did notice one part when I was saving that it went a bit jumpy but it only lasted a few seconds, apart from that it was all good.

As a bit of a sum up. Yes, it is over hyped. Yes, the graphics aren't ridiculously fantastic. No, it was not in any way a good game. I have a had a genuinely fun and exciting experience with this game and I will continue to play it until it stops being so. The game play is good, I love the side missions and I love the stealth and combat options. There is truly nothing wrong with this game and I do not think you should not buy it because of these reviews, because the game is truly a great game, perhaps not a classic, but certainly not one that will be forgotten.
  59. Jun 7, 2014
    Definitely over hyped but still good game considering the budget, multi-platform, but worth trying out andDefinitely over hyped but still good game considering the budget, multi-platform, but worth trying out and andandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandandand Expand
  60. Jun 3, 2014
    Its a great idea but it doesn't have its own idea everything in the game is a borrowed idea from another game it is a lot of fun but the pot is **** because aiden pearce is an **** I hope if ubisoft does anything like it does with farcry 3 blood dragon it goes more into the anarchist group dedsec
  61. Jun 14, 2014
    The game is awesome the story is too awesome! i dont understand why some people say the graphics are bad the driving is bad the graphics are good ok not like gta v but its good and im happy i enjoyed the gameplay and the story...some people have to hate a game for nothing and i dont know why they do this just relax and enjoy!
  62. Jun 7, 2014
    This game has suffered a lot from pre-hype which is disappointing because this game while not being perfect is still different and interesting which is hard to come by in modern day games.
  63. May 31, 2014
    Though not as good as the PS4 version, Watch Dogs is actually quite impressive for a current gen console. The graphics are great and the controls are easy to use. I was quite surprised at how much bad reviews the PS3 version got. It is truly a magnificent game even though I had higher expectations.
  64. May 31, 2014
    Great game, I can finally fullfill my dream of being a vigilante, shootouts are dramatic and the game is actually pretty challenging but not too hard. Do yourself a favor and set it on the realistic difficulty
  65. May 30, 2014
    Watch Dogs is like an open-world arcade. The city is full of character, there's a ton of things to do in it, and those things are extremely fun. It may not have the depth of other action games (cars, weapons, etc) but the sandbox gameplay is fresh and very smart.

Multiplayer is well-integrated and non-intrusive. It's disappointing that there are multiplayer modes missing from last-gen, but if they were indeed unfit it may be better that players are spared the agony.

There are some performance issues on PS3 but nothing out of the ordinary. Occasionally the framerate will drop momentarily when there's a lot of spawning going on in free roam but it's not surprising considering how ambitiously active the environment is for a last-gen console. (This is regarding the digital download version.) There are also Ubisoft server hiccups, but that is hardly a new phenomenon.
  66. Aug 22, 2014
    I personally don't see why people gave this game such a bad rating. The story wasn't amazing but still good. The hacking made it fun. The best part was the digital trips. As far a I could see there was some lag but nothing that would ruin the game. The only reason why didn't give the game 10/10 becouse the driving isn't all all that great. It's not Better then Gta 5 but still a fun game
  67. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game, gets fun when u get your way around the hacking system and got some enjoyable puzzles, not too hard, but not too handhelding either. Online is alot of fun, you can do stuff like going into other players games as civilians trying to hack them for an amount of secons without them detecting and killing you. theres also stuff like racing ect. ai isnt bad, enemies are good atGreat game, gets fun when u get your way around the hacking system and got some enjoyable puzzles, not too hard, but not too handhelding either. Online is alot of fun, you can do stuff like going into other players games as civilians trying to hack them for an amount of secons without them detecting and killing you. theres also stuff like racing ect. ai isnt bad, enemies are good at hiding, sometimes i barely believe the red spots that shows where they are on my gps in game. Expand
  68. Aug 25, 2014
    UBISOFT: PLEASE FIX

When I am playing Online Contracts and I "lose connection" or my opponent quits during a match on any of the 4 options of online contracts, I still lose notoriety points, this is especially a pain on tailing and hacking when I lose upwards of 170 points

It would be a great help if this could get fixed, thanks
  69. Sep 5, 2014
    j,jhbikfvjck f kgg tyf jhf yj djycjmug tcjm mj h hk fg fgnbv g hjhj vjh hgdfgh gfhgvyghvf tgfhgv gfrtyfhjv v tyrfvhn grfyhyfhgdytfgnbc c gh gd hj cj
  70. Sep 7, 2014
    this is definitely an underrated game for ps3. i saw many people saying that the graphics isn't good. i say the graphics is good. the story is good and the stealth is awesome. hacking makes this game stronger. i give it a 10 because some people gave unfavorable scores like 1 and 2 which is definitely not fair. this game deserves a lot more than that, i assure you.
  71. Sep 19, 2014
    This is my first review on metacritic so I hope you like this review and Watch Dogs was a game I was really excited about for 2014 so I believe this appropriate for my first review.

I suppose I was just as disappointed as anyone was with this game but it is not the worst game of all time, there's a lot of things in this game that I really enjoy but Ubisoft could do a lot more to make this game a masterpiece. You start of watch dogs with being main character Aiden Pearce who has the power to many things like cameras and bridges through his phone all around the city of Chicago, the story takes place when an attack was ordered on him and one of his family members get's killed in the process, now Aiden becomes the vigilante to find out who order the attack on him, sadly the story isn't the game's strongest part for it being quite boring on some occasions and Aiden isn't that very interesting either, but the story is not terrible simply because a lot of the missions have great hacking, great action and lots of interesting characters.

Next is its side-missions which is a lot better than the campaign but still could still use some work. the best ones out of all of them are definitely gang hideouts and criminal convoys because they deliver what this game promises, an action based hacking game, while the rest you don't have much care for the rest of them, for example crime detected are fun at first but than become really repetitive.

Then there's the investigations where you can search for weapons music and people, at first there pretty good but there's really no actual award so the investigations become collectables.

And there's also city games where you can play poker, drinking and chess, however they can get boring at some stage.

And finally there's the online which in my opinion is Watch Dogs most powerful spot for provide great thrilling mission where you must stay undetected when trying too hack another player or if you want to go great speed you can do an online race where you face other players and hacking becomes so useful.

That ends my review for Watch Dogs, I hope it was helpful to everyone and it is still a good but work could still be done for the game.
  72. Oct 21, 2014
    Really disappointing graphics. It comes to a point where it disturbs the gaming experience. And it's impossible not to compare to GTA V and think how bad this game really is (not only in graphics). Wish I had seen reviews from other users before I bought it! Wasted money!
  73. Nov 14, 2014
    Horribly overhyped dull piece of crap. Add to that the horrible police rubberbanding (which makes it utterly impossible to ever, EVER lose the cops unless you have a gadget to prevent them spotting you in the first place. Just not fun.
  74. Sep 17, 2014
    An enjoyable open world game. Driving is fine, it's not suppose to be a racing game, vehicles have weight to them. It is missing one thing though, no radio stations. All of the other GTA like games I enjoyed listening to the radio stations and that was completely removed. Plenty of side missions and hacking is what you would expect in a game. Graphics are good, not as much detail inAn enjoyable open world game. Driving is fine, it's not suppose to be a racing game, vehicles have weight to them. It is missing one thing though, no radio stations. All of the other GTA like games I enjoyed listening to the radio stations and that was completely removed. Plenty of side missions and hacking is what you would expect in a game. Graphics are good, not as much detail in things like damage to vehicle and surrounding things you run into, but still good. A large amount of content in game. Expand
  75. Mar 25, 2015
    At first i thought this game was great. But to be honest, I was lying to myself. I was so excited for this game for such a long time that i couldnt accept how much a disapointment this game was. It was fun while it lasted (one playthrough to be specific) but after beating it, this game completely lacks motivation to move on. The game has no side missions, just pointless repeatedAt first i thought this game was great. But to be honest, I was lying to myself. I was so excited for this game for such a long time that i couldnt accept how much a disapointment this game was. It was fun while it lasted (one playthrough to be specific) but after beating it, this game completely lacks motivation to move on. The game has no side missions, just pointless repeated activities. It has cool minigames that get boring quickly and it has an okay story. Its not necessarily a bad game but Ubisoft SCREAMED and promised a massive experience but literally gave us a third of what gtav has to offer. Expand
  76. Nov 9, 2014
    I like the concept of this game, but it lacks character, it lacks a great story line and the game itself is plagued with bugs and glitches. Physics with cars is also lacking. This game lacks detail and execution. You become very aware that you are no where close to playing a GTA game.

The concept of stealing people's information and being a "hacker" is interesting, especially in this age of NFCs. But the actual hacking that is done is nothing more than merely pressing a button. The environment of Chicago offers some bars and parks, where you can play mini games, but the games are not very realistic and have nothing to do with being a "hacker."

The other thing i have a gripe with is the repetition in gameplay. This isn't new to a Ubisoft game, as we have seen with the Assassins Creed franchise. You accomplish the same tasks over and over again, which is supposed to a method for the developers to give you something different from the central story line. This becomes repetitive and just flat out boring. I probably should have known that they would do something like that.

The main character himself, Aiden Pearce is probably the worst protagonist to any store i have ever seen or read or played. Very "grey," is probably the best way i can describe him. Not interesting and not uninteresting, just plain. The motivations for him doing what he does is also a bit convoluted. His neice died, and now he is on a complicated plot to take down a criminal organization. When you play, you become less and less interested as to why, what and where.

overall the game itself felt like a chore to play and there is so much more that is wrong with it, including all the side missions, where there are only 3, which are played over 20 times!!!

I am definitely going to be weary of buying another Ubisoft game in the future.
  77. Nov 11, 2014
    It was only a matter of time before Ubisoft decided to approach the modern day action open world. But what largely damages Watch Dogs track record is that it took a while to reach us. And when it did we are assailed by inadequate graphics for a game of 2014. Granted that a game is game and we shouldn't complain, but a little bit of hard work goes a long way.

The big question is why are

The big question is why are the graphics so poor when we hear that other 'clever' people have got the graphics to work 'properly'. You start to ask what exactly is going on?

I've played the game and have not finished yet. The story tries to be compelling, but I will agree with another a critic and say that Aiden Pierce is a man who reacts and doesn't initiate anything beyond a personal revenge hack or facial smash to 'protect' his family when he shouldn't have endangered them in the first place by becoming a criminal.

It is very much 70% GTA, 20% Far Cry 3 and 10% Assassin's Creed. There should be a sequel to rectify this dog, so that in the future, it will have it's day.
  78. Nov 14, 2014
    It's a very decent game, I enjoyed it. But I liked it more when it was called GTA V. Or I guess a more appropriate title would be GTA 4.5, judging by the graphics and the setting. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful...just really seems like Ubisoft stole a *lot* from Rockstar. I can't help but impress that upon you in this review.
    GTA comparisons aside, judging the game in its own right,
    GTA comparisons aside, judging the game in its own right, it's pretty fun! I love the real life city of Chicago, so half the fun for me was riding a motorcycle around the Loop, using my hacker prowess to turn drawbridges into huge ramps. As many people have already stated, the graphics don't quite seem like they're up-to-the-minute for 2014. But many gamers are also incredibly entitled; the graphics are by no means **** although I'm sure they're orgasmic on the PS4. I thought the actual city of Chicago and it's neighborhoods were very well rendered, even if they've summarized the entire L network into a general loop around the map.
    I would say one of the game's strongest points, and probably one it does at least as well as GTA V, is its side content. The Digital Trips are hilarious and awesome. From ballooning around the city on giant bouncy plants to driving a muscle car through a hellish landscape full of demons, they're very entertaining. The Cash Runs and NVZN are also a lot of fun in between missions. Some of the spying side-missions kinda make me feel like a voyeur, but some of the hacked files are pretty humorous. There's also 100 different City Hotspots to check in at. On top of having little rewards at each one, like money or ammunition or meds, they also have some (often tongue-in-cheek) information about Chicago.
    I haven't gotten far enough in the actual game to really comment on the campaign missions, but they seem solid enough. Nothing too inventive or novel so far, but they're, well, missions. Lots of hacking into ctOS servers, shooting, escaping and busting criminal convoys. All pretty fun, and it even has "Focus," which would be akin to the characters' Special Abilities from, you guessed it, GTA V. Except in Watch Dogs it only applies to Aiden during shoot-outs.
    Speaking of Aiden, and most other characters in the game, he wasn't too memorable for me. He seemed to be doing his own thing, and he had an air of mystery about him, which is cool, fits the game...but his character really didn't speak to me on any particular level. I couldn't really associate much with him. Even the other characters, like the cyber-punk Lille, were cool visually, but weren't blessed with much personality. For Aiden, you can purchase new outfits for him, some of which are kinda neat, but all of which look virtually the same.
    The mechanics of the game are decent, nothing special. Typical cover, run-and-gun, stealth, physical takedowns, etc.
    Now, I appear to be seriously nitpicking the game, and in a more negative way, but I still gave it an 8. The fact of the matter is, if I could give it a 7.5, I would. Watch Dogs is a very decent and enjoyable game in its own right. It's just that compared to Grand Theft Auto V (which came out, what, 8 months before?), it seems like it had the same ideas but executed them with less panache (at best), or shamelessly stole them outright (at worst).
    Having said that, if you can find it for a discount price, get it.
  79. Nov 27, 2014
    horrible voice acting, ok story, ok visuals, horrible combat, horrible puzzles.

There's time that this game has made me sick.

Motion sickness should not happen to a hardcore gamer like myself.

it's not good.
  80. Apr 8, 2015
    I can understand and see the flaws in this game but honestly the story has me gripped and the endless police chases and hacking somebody elses game and laughing as they run straight past where you are hiding but i have seen better games. i feel that Ubisoft didn't truly think about what they were doing with this game and needs to consider change if they want to save the franchise withI can understand and see the flaws in this game but honestly the story has me gripped and the endless police chases and hacking somebody elses game and laughing as they run straight past where you are hiding but i have seen better games. i feel that Ubisoft didn't truly think about what they were doing with this game and needs to consider change if they want to save the franchise with Watch Dogs 2.

That being said it is one the best games i have ever played on the PS3 and one of games that i just keep going back to as i always get the urge to go back and kill a few more men. I am happy but also disappointed with this game and i'm not going to buy Watch Dogs 2 unless i see some serious change. However i would say buy this when the price is at £5-£10 as it does have it's fun side
  81. May 2, 2015
    I am a big fan of Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution. And I was hoping Watch Dogs would be alike in most ways. There are some good points like the free-roaming the city. In the campaign you are forced to kill. The chase scenes aren't this fun. Enemy spawns are like in Rainbow Six Vegas. Means they pop up inside an area even they were behind you all the time. One thing is really worthI am a big fan of Deus Ex 1 and Human Revolution. And I was hoping Watch Dogs would be alike in most ways. There are some good points like the free-roaming the city. In the campaign you are forced to kill. The chase scenes aren't this fun. Enemy spawns are like in Rainbow Six Vegas. Means they pop up inside an area even they were behind you all the time. One thing is really worth mentioning: The graphics for PS3-era are really good. Bottom-line here is: It's not the hoped for new Deus game. But it's an ok-/good game. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. May 29, 2014
    Car chases aside, Watch Dogs would be a great and memorable open-world action game if not for persistent performance problems.
  2. May 27, 2014
    The Watch_Dogs experience on PS3 is good but it does not match our expectations from a technical perspective. The definitive version is definitively on Next Gen platforms.