7.5

1. May 9, 2011
    Don't listen to the critic's reviews! I picked this game up recently after doing some research and its alot better then critics seem to think. The graphics aren't mind blowing but after all the brown and bloom games, the bright colours are refreshing. The combat is very fun and the character customisation is great. The story is half decent as well. My only complaint is that the lip sync isDon't listen to the critic's reviews! I picked this game up recently after doing some research and its alot better then critics seem to think. The graphics aren't mind blowing but after all the brown and bloom games, the bright colours are refreshing. The combat is very fun and the character customisation is great. The story is half decent as well. My only complaint is that the lip sync is terrible, but its easy to look over.
    TLDR: Go buy this game!
  2. Sep 10, 2010
    Now this game may have received a lot of mixed reviews and even bad ones. But if you're a Level-5 and JRPG fan, this is a game you could enjoy. The visual graphics aren't the best but it does have beautiful scenery to enjoy. There are some flaws to the game such as being able to get hit from a distance but other than that game play is fun and enjoyable for RPG fans, music is GREAT, storyNow this game may have received a lot of mixed reviews and even bad ones. But if you're a Level-5 and JRPG fan, this is a game you could enjoy. The visual graphics aren't the best but it does have beautiful scenery to enjoy. There are some flaws to the game such as being able to get hit from a distance but other than that game play is fun and enjoyable for RPG fans, music is GREAT, story has a good twist and plot, great cast of characters and a good 50 hour game. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2010
    I thoroughly enjoy this game. Its cutscene graphics aren't spectacular compared to today's standards, but the gameplay is great. There were a few glitches with the camera angles where I seemingly go from third person to first person view but there aren't any that take away from the game.
  4. Oct 6, 2010
    I really like this game. It looks to me like MMO experience, but without MMO subscription price. I get party of 4 to manage, so I can play around with different types of builds. I have armor and weapons to buy. I can play with my friends online. The graphics is good and world is interesting. It is not gray like many FPS today, but a full color palette. I like the basic game play, which II really like this game. It looks to me like MMO experience, but without MMO subscription price. I get party of 4 to manage, so I can play around with different types of builds. I have armor and weapons to buy. I can play with my friends online. The graphics is good and world is interesting. It is not gray like many FPS today, but a full color palette. I like the basic game play, which I consider to be semi-turn based. The story started well. There is really not much to complain about. It might be a bit on easy side, but considering that I may want to experiment with my builds I need some room for mistakes. Expand
  5. BromW.
    Feb 3, 2010
    Don't listen to the large magazine's there minds have been polluted with FPS & American Rpgs such as Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands, they've forgotten how to play JRPGS. IGN, Gamspot, they're all morons. Find out for yourself, this game is no masterpiece, but its great fun, indeed worthy of an 8 out of 10.
  6. TimT.
    Feb 3, 2010
    White Knight Chronicles overall looks OK. It is definitely not the best RPG, but also, it is not a bad RPG. The story is alright. It is straightforward, but not epic or original. The game's soundtrack is very solid, but not what I should call memorable like those of Uematsu's, for instance. The battle system looks pretty nice, but seems a little slow paced. One of the biggest White Knight Chronicles overall looks OK. It is definitely not the best RPG, but also, it is not a bad RPG. The story is alright. It is straightforward, but not epic or original. The game's soundtrack is very solid, but not what I should call memorable like those of Uematsu's, for instance. The battle system looks pretty nice, but seems a little slow paced. One of the biggest flaws of the battle system is disregarding of distance. You can be yards away from an enemy and still receive damage, even though the enemy's attack is close range. Overall, White Knight Chronicles not that amazing, but not such a huge disappointment either. Considering that the game was released in Japan in December 2008, who knows if the game would have gotten different reception if it was released worldwide at that time. It will also be interesting to see how Level-5 improve on its sequel. (And hopefully, WKC2 will go international a few months after its Japanese release and not a year after). Expand
  7. WWII
    Feb 3, 2010
    The game's not as bad as I thought so. I've been playing it for like 6 hours and it is pretty cool, specially the online part. If you like Monter Hunter and you can stand the slower paced combat then you'll gonna love this game. This is like the rpg version of Monster Hunter but with a decent story.
  8. JalexD
    Feb 3, 2010
    This may not end up being my final feelings on the game, but I picked this up early on launch day and I've barely put it down. All I can offer is this: If you've ever loved a Level-5 game, you'll likely adore this.
  9. Sep 13, 2011
    White Knight Chronicles is definitely an underrated game. The games takes your average "Save your everyday princess from a castle as a knight in shining armor" fairytale and pumps it up about four or five levels, the story itself is also very, very long and does not lose consistency. It starts out slow and proves to further entertain and unravel as you progress, it's wonderful. The overallWhite Knight Chronicles is definitely an underrated game. The games takes your average "Save your everyday princess from a castle as a knight in shining armor" fairytale and pumps it up about four or five levels, the story itself is also very, very long and does not lose consistency. It starts out slow and proves to further entertain and unravel as you progress, it's wonderful. The overall combat system could have used more innovation however, it wasn't as dynamic as it could have been. Leonard's 'White Knight" system also could have used more effectively. The scenery was also great and had a tight fit, I can't say it couldn't have been looser though. Overall, it's an amazing game. It certainly shouldn't disappoint any JRPG fans. Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2011
    This a perfect RPG, of couse, not sooo innovative, but it don't matter, the game is a amazing job from L5 and has minimal details in all things. Oh man, the party and the usic is sooooooo beautiful.

1. White Knight Chronicles has several faulty elements, but the game is long (the original released in Japan a couple of years back was estimated at 100 hours – but it can be done in between 65 and 80) and the story is decently layered making for a nice bit of J-RPG gaming.
  2. White Knight Chronicles was a disappointment for me, especially coming from a quality developer like Level-5. Some of the studio’s trademark customization helps to give the game some legs, as does its hefty multiplayer component. However, for interesting combat, deep characters, and an engaging fantasy, I’d look elsewhere.
  3. The monsters may look interesting, but slaying beasts is way too easy in this forgettable role-playing game.