7.1

1. Jun 7, 2014
    Graphics are absolute rubbish. Gameplay is both old and frustrating (run, shoot, stop to pick up ammo, run, stop to pick up ammo, shoot, stop to pick up armour *yawn*) the cut-scenes are intrusive or overly long (get up make coffee wait for action to start again) and the AI is both dumb and glitchy.

Worst of all it's just boring. I gave up half way through to watch a Tom Cruise movie -
    that's how boring this game is. Avoid. Expand
  2. May 21, 2014
    Great setting, mildly interesting story,and underwhelming graphics (too much bloody texture popping...similar to the issues with RAGE on the PS3...if not worse!). Bethesda again lives up to its infamous reputation of releasing broken games on the PS3...would score this 7.7 really but since metacritic doesn't allow decimals.....7 is all I'm giving.
  3. May 21, 2014
    the graphics/textures and rendering are abysmal. this looks like a PS2 or even PS1 game. no joke. hard to believe that bethesda stamped their name on this thing. the cut-scenes are abrupt and the animations are choppy...and you can't hear what the characters say most of the time because the sound-mixing is atrocious. glitches galore. examples include: enemies getting stuck and running in place, you getting stuck and having to reset, and even weapons getting stuck in walls. also, it auto-saves constantly...which is fine, except it shows a huge, bright white circle spinning on your screen for long periods of time every couple minutes...it's distracting.

you will be so disappointed in this game if you get it. you'll want to buy it, because it's wolfenstein, and bethesda had a hand in its making...but i assure you, you will regret your decision if you purchase this. you will feel ripped off.

don't look at the writer reviews on IGN or Gamespot, etc., or look at the nice screen shots they show....they're only for the PS4/PC version. The PS3 version is garbage. It's almost like they want you to buy a PS4 to get a PS3 experience, by making the PS3 version look like PS2 or PS1.

If you read my review, and still purchase this game, I promise you...these words will haunt you.
  4. May 20, 2014
    What a fantastic game. Downloaded it from the marketplace, as i wanted a good single player game. Thats exactly what i got, but not good- extreamly good! What a truly fantastic story, with great voice acting. Not only that, but coupled with lots of collectibles, secret rooms, crazy weapons, and a crazy but effective twist on the ww2 setting- makes for an excellent game everybody should play. This game is one of the best story games iv'e ever played infact. Also, you can go guns blazing or stealthy on most levels! Highly reccomend this game for anyone who wants a truly thrilling experience Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    I am sick of this game and I can NOT play this game anymore after 4 hours of playing. I gave this a zero because I need to balance the 7.5 user score.
    Positives: I rented it at Red-box, I did not pay $60 for it.
    Negatives: buggy, same old same old FPS, and stupid control (you have to aim to pick up items)
  6. May 24, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order is horribly bugged and full of graphical glitches. Is this an overall issue...? Yes, if you're one that only likes to buy or play video games in general that are of quality control. It's a very simple game, though a "perks" system completely allows one to play as they wish, which is something the majority of first person shooters of the seventh gaming generation have been missing. The game is extremely fun and contains a great story and voice acting, though the graphics believe it or not are worse than the Play-Station 3 launch title Resistance: Fall of Man. Expand
  7. May 23, 2014
    this game looks great with nice graphics and a good campaign its artificial intelligence seems reasonable the game has a story that will improve each phase, and this is my opinion.
  8. May 28, 2014
    I have many reviews, have played many games, and am not a hater; check my other reviews. That being said, this game is awful. The worst I have ever played. Worse even than Risen or Two Worlds I. Simply can't believe it. After all the glowing reviews I was shocked that basically this game is broken on the PS3. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY; not worth a rental, really.
  9. May 21, 2014
    Looks atrocious on PS3. Even on next-gen from the youtube videos. Textures are muddy. I rented it from redbox luckily. Astounding they charge 60USD for this game. Right away during the crash on the beach there was a bug where fog covered the entire viewing area of the beach. Didn't know what I was shooting at. After I was KIA, then it went back to normal. Even then there were glitches abound such as guns twitching in enemies hands and cut scenes stopping early. As for the game itself it's nothing original. I love the previous Wolfenstein games but this one is just over the top, dumb violence like Inglorious Bastards (which we all know was used as a reference during development) with no real substance. Lame brain hero who sounds like another Bale Batman. I guess people still like meat head games where not much thinking is involved. Some of the designs of the enemies were good but the level design was worse then Rage. Heck I enjoyed Rage much more than this dud. Amazed Bethesda took on such a project. Worth a rental I guess if your too bored to go outside, read a book or wash dishes. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2014
    I was very positively surprised.
    My only concerns was details like not being able to customize controls (I hate pressing the sticks to run) and that the difficulty settings maybe was a little on the easy side.
    Overall a very nice experience.
  11. Jun 7, 2014
    amazing game wolfenstein the new order look stunning action amazing i loved this game fact they brought it to action pack game not like previous wolfenstien weapons are crazy wish it multiplayer would be amazing
  12. May 24, 2014
    This game is simply awesome for ww2 fans!! its like an astonishing interesting side story after the second world war with carismatic characters (interesting characters), good gameplay ( you can be a badass and start destroying everything, or try to be more stealth), very good game indeed!!!
  13. May 28, 2014
    I'm going to start off by noting how well this sucker runs on PS3; I was worried it wouldn't run well (the game having been built for the PS4 and X1), but the game looks and plays great. There can be some muddy textures and some pop-in, but it's nothing that drags the overall experience down. The framerate remained buttery smooth throughout and overall everything looks incredibly pretty. I've noticed some people complaining about glitches, but I've played through the game twice and I haven't run into a single one (but maybe I just got lucky). In other words, don't worry, PS3 owners. There's a small 6 or 7 gb install, and then you're good to go.
    Now onto everything else:
    This game absolutely blew me away. I've always been a huge Wolfenstein fan (played the original growing up), but the series has never been known for its narrative. Going in, I expected a fun, competent shooter - but I got so much more. While the premise of giant Nazi robots makes the entire setup sound ridiculous, the game gets so many things right on a narrative level - the characters are complex and relatable, the villains are pure evil (this is really the only WWII game I've played where the issues of Nazi war crimes, eugenics, and their overall brutality has actually been addressed; again, despite the fact there are Nazi robots), and the setting is dripping with atmosphere.
    The gameplay is fantastic, allowing for a lot of exploration, experimentation, and player freedom. This amount of freedom reminded me of games like Deus Ex, Bioshock, and Dishonored; there are a ton of ways to approach every combat situation and all of them are equally fun. There's plenty here for both stealthy gamers or those who like to go in guns-blazing (and even that has some added depth, allowing for either crazy duel-wielding or a smart cover system that allows for a more tactical approach).
    I highly recommend this game to anyone who appreciates a good story and gameplay innovation in an FPS. Tons of fun, GOTY 2014.
  14. Jun 10, 2014
    This game is great. I love WW2 stuff as both sides of my family were involved, one on either side. So to see an alt history game covering such a personal topic had me stoked and it does not dissapoint! The game play is fun, the story of rad, the weapons feel nice unless you gunzerk (as i call it...thnx BL2!!). Id have given it a 10 but the graphics take a sec to render when starting a level and bc of the classic bethesda glitches and the gunzerker thing. All minor crap compared to all the great stuff in this game. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Jun 25, 2014
    Wolfenstein: The New Order feels like a game which really shouldn’t work. It transplants the feeling of a ’90s first person shooter into 2014; yet also has enough sense to mix in elements of modern game design to ensure it doesn’t feel antiquated. It is an action game which is fully functional as a stealth game. Its narrative is equal measures serious and ludicrous. Its lead character is a superman who feels vulnerable.
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    The game exults in tomato-can headshots and arms blasted into gristle. Bits pop off bodies with enthusiasm, like giant fingers had flicked them at a wall. And as foes turn to wet paper, Blazkowicz remains a rock.
  3. May 20, 2014
    Its mechanics are shallow, its gunplay is simple, and its story is something out of World War II obsessive’s wet dream. However, the things it gets right it does really well. The stealth is handled perfectly, the inventory and character progression are really well done, and the combination of regenerating health and pickups is actually something I wouldn’t mind seeing in future shooters.