Wolfenstein PlayStation 3

7.4

1. LandonW
    Nov 11, 2009
    Let's just say that if Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 deserves a 96 based solely on its online/multiplayer experience, then Wolfenstein should not be faulted for it's failure in the multiplayer dept, as it's story mode in single player is captivating! Believable, not hardly, but entertaining to say the least. The graphics are great, too. Although if you're still on Let's just say that if Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 deserves a 96 based solely on its online/multiplayer experience, then Wolfenstein should not be faulted for it's failure in the multiplayer dept, as it's story mode in single player is captivating! Believable, not hardly, but entertaining to say the least. The graphics are great, too. Although if you're still on your first play-through of Uncharted 2, you might be disappointed? The bar was certainly set high in that game! Back to Wolfenstein, though: Game play was fun. More so than most FPS games, because of an inclusion of third-person views when using cover. I happen to enjoy 3rd PS more than FPS because of the tunnel-vision effect experienced when playing a FPS. I rented the game initially, but will be buying it when the price drops. Replay value is in the inclusion to keep your upgraded weapons on a 2nd play-through in an effort to trophy-hunt for items you might have missed the first time through. My overall score: 8.5. Expand
  2. angelicm
    Aug 20, 2009
    It's pretty to look at and fun. it is not COD5 and doesn't attempt to be. Serious online COD5 players will not shift over to this as the multiplayer componant doesn't look as good, but this doesn't matter really. Enjoy this game as a mellow down after 8 hours of multiplayer COD5 map pack 3 play, and chill baby, ps the MP40 sounds rad.
  3. DarylS
    Sep 3, 2009
    Considering the onslaught of shooters in the last while, I do find this one intriguing because of the occult aspect. The graphics are very good.the storyline keeps me going for more and I really like all the weapon choices. Have only had it freeze up on me one time.
  4. SteveM.
    Aug 22, 2009
    The first person story is extremely fun. You get to power up your weapons and your powers along the lines of Bioshock. The game looks beautiful with its colors, scenery, and the attention to details. Where Wolfenstein fails is the online gaming. You start off very weak compared to others that have been playing for a while. Also it relies on the old hosting system. Also, it can take a long The first person story is extremely fun. You get to power up your weapons and your powers along the lines of Bioshock. The game looks beautiful with its colors, scenery, and the attention to details. Where Wolfenstein fails is the online gaming. You start off very weak compared to others that have been playing for a while. Also it relies on the old hosting system. Also, it can take a long time to get into a game. The game play feels like an old Quake game with better graphics. I wish they would have dumped the online portion and spent more time on the first person game and made it longer. The first person game is great the online is OK. Expand
  5. PeterJ.
    Aug 25, 2009
    I've had a lot of fun out of this game so far, and although the flaws in its game design can be obvious, this doesn't distract from the overall fun level that can be had playing this game..if you love wolfenstein, and you love its fast paced style of play, then you'll love this. It has alot more worth than what people are describing it for.
  6. DrewB.
    Aug 27, 2009
    I have to give this game an 8 for "well executed, but not very original". I loved RTCW, and the story/atmosphere of this game definitely follows in those footsteps well. The inclusion of stealth as an option (rather than a forced feature in specific missions) is nice, as is the balance between conventional weapons and Veil powers in combat. I sometimes chose to wade into a battle with my I have to give this game an 8 for "well executed, but not very original". I loved RTCW, and the story/atmosphere of this game definitely follows in those footsteps well. The inclusion of stealth as an option (rather than a forced feature in specific missions) is nice, as is the balance between conventional weapons and Veil powers in combat. I sometimes chose to wade into a battle with my Reflective Shield on, bouncing bullets into soldiers' faces, just to conserve ammo. The weakness of this game I felt was the lack of originality in the game's design. I enjoyed the variety of enemies and missions, but none of them were really anything I hadn't seen before in another FPS. The Veil powers were a refreshing and unique addition to the game, but the mechanics of this powers were pretty standard fare. On the technical side though, I didn't encounter very many bugs at all. Overall, I gotta give it to Wolfenstein for being a very well-orchestrated game with fights that kept me entertained, as well as snappy graphics. The biggest downside was that nothing struck me as truly ground-breaking. Regardless, I still feel like it's earned its rightful place in the Wolfenstein saga. Expand
  7. JozefK
    Aug 19, 2009
    It's a shame critics put this down for not doing something new, clearly they were expecting something more after the near 10 year period between Wolf titles. But as RTCW was great, so is this.
  8. TJDoc
    Aug 22, 2009
    In many ways, this feels like the long-awaited conclusion to the "Old-school and Proud of it" trilogy, that began with Doom 3 and Quake 4. It's a simplistic, gore drenched, undeniably fun FPS experience; filled with grotesque and varied enemies, as well as a satisfying selection of weapons to shoot, burn,zap, and desintegrate the Nazis with. The very definition of an 8/10 game.
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    The Campaign is good but online it's bad (lag, not much to it) but Campaign make up for the online
  10. Jan 15, 2011
    The single-player is excellent. Full of cool enemies and creatures, awesome weapons, weapon upgrading and mission following. The multiplayer is just ok. Its somehow always laggy online and they are only a very few players online so you may not want to spend your time on multiplayer. So you should stick to thw awesome single-player. Overall a great game.
  11. Jul 23, 2011
    The original was the pioneer of all first person shooters and the latest addition is a worthy sequel and stands its own against any other fps out on the market today. Fighting the naziâ
  12. May 30, 2017
    Raven Software created a true successor for RTCW , it have the same recipe a WWII fps with paranormal activity and supranational the recipe includes : Normal Nazzi ; Zombie Nazzi ; Nazzi chicks ; Mechanical mech nazzi ; and a semi open world ( more hub zone ) game.
  13. May 5, 2015
    A good old-school FPS (except for the life system that regenerate itself after a few seconds, not the good old health pack system) with a handful of weapons, all with their own characteristics and upgradable and 3 powers (also upgradable) we've got a lot of ways to kill the nazis and their experiments which is very fun.
    The campaign is long enough for the genre (10 hours for me) if you do
    The campaign is long enough for the genre (10 hours for me) if you do adjust the difficulty (for me I needed Uber difficulty to experience some challenge) and offers nice moments and epic bosses. Unfortunately the story is not up to the gameplay, and the characters have no charisma at all. It's a shame because the game is very fun, but fail to hook you up and making you wanting to play more and more.
    Technically the game was just okay when it was released, so if you have 2015 standards you'll be very disappointed, but it's still decent for a 2009 game, no framerate issues. The game runs just fine.
    So in conclusion Wolfenstein is very good to entertain you for a few days (and there is some replay value if you want to collect everything) but will not leave you a lifetime memory, I do recommend it if you like FPS as it's really cheap now.

If you're into WWII shooters -- and judging by the sales of every single Call of Duty title ever, you are -- but you're looking for something with a little twist to it -- which, judging by the sales of twisty straws, you are -- and you don't mind the color green -- and judging by the number of Irish people in the world, you don't -- you should get yourself a copy of Wolfenstein.
  2. Spot-on Wolfenstein atmosphere combines with gleefully vicious weaponry to serve up a tasty smoothie of good old-fashioned Nazi-frying. It lacks in the new idea department, but it has fun aplenty.
  3. With so much history behind the Wolfenstein series, it can be quite difficult to live up to the legacy of the games that came before you. The latest entry in the series does a fantastic job of this, from its gorgeous graphics to its solid story line; everything is well thought out and well executed. With the potential for additional multiplayer maps thrown in, this is a great value overall.