8.1

1. Mar 30, 2013
    THQ brings the wrestling back for last round with samey gameplay but also with interesting touch to the history of wrestling. Mode called "Attitude Era" gives you a change to live the war between WWF and WCW for ratings, from WWF perspective of course.

The graphics have seen little improvement from the last WWE game with in game wrestlers looking really sharp and shiny, game providing many great looking arena backgrounds and stage sets from real life but when you release your own creation into the mix you see the graphics turned down little bit, which is understandable probably due to loading times.

Within sounds game provides the player with excellent atmosphere with crowd chanting and booing, music can be added from your own gaming system into the game adding depth into players own creations.

Gameplay has also seen little tuning with being able to target your attacks on specific body parts, head, arms, chest or legs, with the opponents showing damage of your attacks with limbing or holding their arm/head. Gameplay also has samey flaws like the counter system with the trigger button, its too slow to react to with the speed of the action, you need a button for quicker responses. Using a trigger for this is too slow and player usually finds himself frustated when counter doesnt register even if you press the trigger in time. Sounds like a small thing but it can destroy the match and experience for the player instanly.

Within creation mode player can create their own wrestlers, arenas, finishing moves, championship belts, wresler entrances, highlight videos (which can be used as entrance videos), storylines, using many advanced tools, this adds insane customability into the game keeping any wrestling fan at the game for hours. Best feature in the game.

Another interesting and fantastic feature in the is the Attitude Era mode where player can live again the Monday Night Wars with actual storylines from the era and videos explaining many controversial and questionable decisions made by WWF (etc Montreal Screwjob) with putting the player in the middle of the storylines. As an older wrestling fan living through the Monday Night Wars its an interesting decision to put this mode into the game and thinking who is it for, its works great as a nostalgia for me but maybe not so good for younger wrestling fans. The mode also gives the player old legends to play with, British Bulldog, LOD, Brian Pillman with many other. Bad thing is with WWE having all the licences they could have added different WCW events and explaining in more detail why WCW rose past WWF, but this doesnt happen giving only WWF view of the Monday Night Wars.

WWE Universe mode is also present in the game with many ways to custom and create your own "Wrestling Company" with the player being able to create own PPV:s, rosters and intergrade your own storylines with custom wrestlers into the mix and just watch how CPU dukes it out to find the best of the best. Many options and statistics for player to see which can also be scary and complicated for newcomers and casual players, too much information to handle with complicated button scheme, press shoulder button to edit and choose which way to edit, choose match type from many different matches and custom the match, weapons, cage and so worth.

Online mode is also present with player being able to download other peoples creations to use them in the players own WWE universe and you can match different players around the world in single or even in a royal rumble matches. For my WWE online i used PS3 which seemed to have slower connection and bad stability, disconnection randomly while downloading wrestlers or arenas, also having problems connecting into PSN while in game which meant to make sure youre in PSN in XMB before you start WWE 13.

Ultimately WWE 13 is a must have game for hardcore wrestling fans providing many ways to custom and create your own Universe own wrestling with almost unlimited ways of creation and edits. Attitude Era mode might bring back older wresling fans to relive memories of "better wrestling days" and controversies of that time with legendary wrestlers for player to play as. You can see THQ wanting to put everything in the game from the past WWE games to create the best one in the series succeeding in this goal with making the best wrestling game around.

On bad side the suffers from samey flaws as before; the counter system with the trigger button can destroy gameplay experiences and make the player just watch CPU wrestlers go againts each other in the end, with great ways to custom the game is hard to sell to casual gamers with them being scared of complicated WWE universe menus and statictics of many different championships. Also having the Attitude Era is great for older wrestling fans but for younger the meaning and adding of this mode could be questionable. Also without any WCW perspective it doesnt really give good view on WCW storylines and wrestlers.
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    I love that they added Attitude Era. My last game of the series was 2010 and WWE 13 is far better than this one. I'm one of the players who started watching wrestling at around 2003, so I haven't seen the Attitude Era 'live'. The best thing is that this game tells the real story, how it happened it's like an epic flashback and not some random scripted story line. The amount of superstarsI love that they added Attitude Era. My last game of the series was 2010 and WWE 13 is far better than this one. I'm one of the players who started watching wrestling at around 2003, so I haven't seen the Attitude Era 'live'. The best thing is that this game tells the real story, how it happened it's like an epic flashback and not some random scripted story line. The amount of superstars is awesome, many many old and new ones. Controls are brilliant, reversals are not too easy and not too hard. I've got to give this a 10. Expand
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    WWE 13 raises the bar again. I love how they revinvented this series. Attitude Era is outstanding, it is a blast to see some of the best moments in the history of wrestling played out. Spectacular moments are great fun. I will be playing this for months. Well done!
  4. Oct 31, 2012
    With all the changes that were made in WWE12 I was thinking.....ok.....just some tweaks this year then spit out another game.......boy was I wrong!

Game looks great.....SOUNDS even better! AND I get to rock out with the Attitude Era! It's Stone Cold all the time baby! Bring it on!

Great job THQ!
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    really great game. the last couple of years i've only out a few hours into each wwe game, but this years is something special! graphics are clean, most of them spot on, the audio at times leaves a little to be desired, the attitude era is amazing, definitely alot of variety and fun to be had, has some minor bugs and glitches but nothing thats a dealbreaker. stop complaining every year thatreally great game. the last couple of years i've only out a few hours into each wwe game, but this years is something special! graphics are clean, most of them spot on, the audio at times leaves a little to be desired, the attitude era is amazing, definitely alot of variety and fun to be had, has some minor bugs and glitches but nothing thats a dealbreaker. stop complaining every year that "No Mercy" is the best wrestling game ever......play it today and you'll change your opinion. this years game is fun and has a lot to offer!!! Expand
  6. Jul 6, 2013
    Not much of a difference in the game from the last two years, but the inclusion of the Attitude Era really brought me back to my favorite and I'm pretty sure almost everyone's favorite era in wrestling.
  7. Nov 30, 2012
    Okay so the gameplay is not much different from WWE 12, but that's where The Attitude Era mode comes in.. most of us fell in love with wrestling during that period and this serves as my very own history of videos and photos which I will keep forever. It's not only a game, but a collectors item. And I love every minute experiencing it all over again.
  8. Nov 15, 2012
    Without the Attitude era mode on this game, there are no MAJOR changes from WWE 12. However, the attitude era is amazing! It really puts old school fans back to the roots of the WWE...Once you have completed the attitude era, you can spend months going through the WWE universe mode playing a very large number of superstars (Another good point to the game). I gave this a 9 because of theWithout the Attitude era mode on this game, there are no MAJOR changes from WWE 12. However, the attitude era is amazing! It really puts old school fans back to the roots of the WWE...Once you have completed the attitude era, you can spend months going through the WWE universe mode playing a very large number of superstars (Another good point to the game). I gave this a 9 because of the re-play factor... I will be playing this until WWE14! Collapse
  9. Oct 31, 2012
    A detailed tribute to the industry's greatest era is great, but it wouldn't add up to much if the action between the ropes wasn't up to par. Thankfully, WWE '13 allows fans to recreate virtually anything you see on Raw without resorting to an overly complex control scheme. Standard actions like strikes, grapples, and reverses can be pulled off with basic button presses, but more elaborateA detailed tribute to the industry's greatest era is great, but it wouldn't add up to much if the action between the ropes wasn't up to par. Thankfully, WWE '13 allows fans to recreate virtually anything you see on Raw without resorting to an overly complex control scheme. Standard actions like strikes, grapples, and reverses can be pulled off with basic button presses, but more elaborate maneuvers require some setup. With a finisher stored, you can perform your finisher through a table, a superplex to the outside of the ring, or even a mid-air RKO or Sweet Chin Music if your foe makes an ill-timed leap. Multiplayer bouts are a blast, and several submission and iron man matches had me on the edge of my seat.

For everything it does right, WWE
  10. Nov 6, 2012
    One of the best WWE Games since WWF No mercy. A true tribute to the Attitude era. Punk should be rated higher than Cena. triple H is too high on himself.
  11. Jan 6, 2013
    one of the best wwe games of all time

attitude era mode long great very entertaining and very memorable 10/10 gameplay reminiscent to here comes the pain 9/10 smooth animations and detailed graphics some amazing player models such as brodus clay and cm punk universe mode 6/10 great if you have alot of spare time but a bit repetitive online similar to previous games but has the
    one of the best wwe games of all time

attitude era mode long great very entertaining and very memorable 10/10

universe mode 6/10 great if you have alot of spare time but a bit repetitive

online similar to previous games but has the same great features liuke community creations

replay value 8/10

create modes are perfect from create a moveset to arena to superstar

10/10 best wwe games since 2006
  12. Feb 4, 2013
    BEST WRESTLING GAME EVER MADE. Simple as that. If I set aside my nostalgic feelings for titles such as No Mercy and Smackdown titles from PS2, I can come to no other conclusion than that. The only thing preventing me from giving this game a 10 is the fact that you can't transition from the ring to backstage areas during matches like you could in older titles. The roster itself is enough toBEST WRESTLING GAME EVER MADE. Simple as that. If I set aside my nostalgic feelings for titles such as No Mercy and Smackdown titles from PS2, I can come to no other conclusion than that. The only thing preventing me from giving this game a 10 is the fact that you can't transition from the ring to backstage areas during matches like you could in older titles. The roster itself is enough to make any wrestling fan cry tears of joy. I loved revisiting fond childhood memories with such wrestlers as The Road Warriors, all 3 incarnations of Foley, Triple H when he was still Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and the list goes on. The Attitude Era mode itself could have been a stand alone game considering previous shallow titles the WWE has put out such as WWE All Stars (which I love btw but feel it could have been so much more and has limited playability). The Attitude Era gets some moments wrong in small ways (Shawn Michaels wearing his ring gear instead of a ref uniform during the Taker v Bret Hart match as guest ref) but overall brings the greatest era of wrestling ever to life beautifully with tons to do and unlock. I am such a sucker for unlockable content its pathetic. I will run my character around in circles for 5 hours if I can unlock an alternate costume. Even with all the Attitude Era mode has to offer though, this mode can be completed with all content unlocked in one weekend if you have nothing better to do which is why the return of WWE Universe is such a welcome feature. While not exactly a career mode, Universe Mode gives WWE 13 life beyond AE mode. The players takes on the responsibilities of the WWE booker and can organize or cancel events and matches as they see fit with the computer bringing to life rivalries through various cutscenes before and after matches. Its not the most exciting or deep mode but hey, its a secondary mode to the main AE mode. Reliving classic matches and modern feuds has never been easier with solid controls and decent AI. I really like the players ability to grapple in different positions and the simplicity of finishers and reversals. My only real gripe outside of the issue concerning backstage travel from the ring would be the issues I have experienced playing online w lag and downed servers. Also the cheap business decision to charge people who have used copies an extra 10 bucks to play online. C'mon THQ, we know youre hurting but that is some Capcom and EA type garbage. My time with WWE 13 is winding down as there is little left to accomplish but the exceptional quality of this title will keep me coming back for months to come. Have an extra 15 minutes to kill before heading out of the house? Why not play a quick match of Road Dogg v Val Venis? Perfect game for short sessions in the future now that my binge play has ended. If you like wrestling even a tiny bit or even if you hate it now but loved it in the 90s GET THIS GAME NOW!!! Expand
  13. Apr 17, 2013
    the roster is updated they added legends to it pretty good game I always get the new one when its released and play it all year always different easy to pick up but hard to master
  14. Jun 20, 2013
    This is better than No Mercy.
    1. Good graphics
    2.OMG Moments
    3.Attitude Era Mode
    4.HUGE roster
    Buy this game. I promise you will love it. This is undoubtably the greatest WWE/F game to date!
  15. Oct 19, 2013
    Have some bugs, glitches, but awesome game. Attitude era mode, story mode, universe mode, it's all cool and you can have fun every time you play it. Best thing in this game is Attitude era mode. In this mode you're unlocking arenas, titles, superstars... To do it, you have to complete match objects and historical bonus objects. You can have fun in online gaming, too. You can play with yourHave some bugs, glitches, but awesome game. Attitude era mode, story mode, universe mode, it's all cool and you can have fun every time you play it. Best thing in this game is Attitude era mode. In this mode you're unlocking arenas, titles, superstars... To do it, you have to complete match objects and historical bonus objects. You can have fun in online gaming, too. You can play with your favorite superstar, your custom superstar, your DLC, of course, you can play with every superstar in game in every arena ONLINE. You can also create a story, then play it or share it. This game can be better, but it's awesome. Real rate for this game is, i think, 8/9, but for me it's 10! I LOVE IT!
    My PSN ID: Afan99BiH
  16. Nov 15, 2012

1. Jan 15, 2013
    A tough game to judge as a newcomer. I can see all the potential in the game, but trying to work out the control system was more complex than my college physics class. It's worth checking out just for the fantastic presentation though.
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    A well-made fighting game with enough content to keep the disc spinning in your PS3 for months to come. Lackluster AI and wooden animations, however, keep WWE '13 from getting more praise.
  3. Nov 30, 2012
    Take those Legends of Wrestlemania or other attempts at wrestling nostalgia and throw them away because WWE 13 is all you need "and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so."