8.1

1. CharlesG
    Nov 12, 2009
    I hate the gender restriction. Dumb...why? The gameplay itself is unchanged, but I am giving a fair score for the nifty online interactions possible, the story creator (a nice START), and the continued growth of Highlight reel, and finisher creation. Still needs MUCH WORK, as always....they have to foul something up..(gender restrictions after 10 years of none in the title that was I hate the gender restriction. Dumb...why? The gameplay itself is unchanged, but I am giving a fair score for the nifty online interactions possible, the story creator (a nice START), and the continued growth of Highlight reel, and finisher creation. Still needs MUCH WORK, as always....they have to foul something up..(gender restrictions after 10 years of none in the title that was supposed to be an example of total freedom). All in all, a bit better than last year, but still far from the perfect wrestler. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2010
    To me this game is good, but only if you play it with friends. Playing against the AI just isn't fun. The problem is that nothing really new of innovative has been done to this particular series for so many years now. What the game really needs is a total redo, that uses euphoria physics instead of no physics. The game needs to be more intuitive and immersive, rather than "Oh that guy isTo me this game is good, but only if you play it with friends. Playing against the AI just isn't fun. The problem is that nothing really new of innovative has been done to this particular series for so many years now. What the game really needs is a total redo, that uses euphoria physics instead of no physics. The game needs to be more intuitive and immersive, rather than "Oh that guy is doing a grapple with that other guy, I can't attack either of them until they finish their animation", which is really bad. The create you're own content tools are sort of alright, but the create-a-superstar is very time consuming due to the model having to reload every time you chance something about it.

I would personally recommend this to anyone with 2-5 other friends that they would be able to play it with, because otherwise it will get very tiresome very quickly.

1. It looks like the “same procedure as every year“, but it works again. We like the new Smackdown vs. Raw 2010, but we would prefer better graphics in the next season.
  2. If this year’s features are expanded on for the next game, brilliant, and all that, but in order to really take things to the next level, perhaps completely reworking the gameplay would be the best thing to add into next year’s release.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    As a pure fighting experience, this can't compete with its MMA counterpart. But there's so much to do that the actual wrestling is often secondary...It's those rich, user-generated elements that make this the deepest, most playable WWE game yet. [Nov 2009, p.114]