8.2

1. May 21, 2015
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    The first hours of playing, I was ready to give this game a 10/10. The content and gameplay that is in the game is just brilliant. But as the hours went on, I found little new elements. The campaign is almost like a Fifa soccer campaign in the sense that the whole setup for how you approach the story is reset for every single round. There is little sense of continual progress, ofThe first hours of playing, I was ready to give this game a 10/10. The content and gameplay that is in the game is just brilliant. But as the hours went on, I found little new elements. The campaign is almost like a Fifa soccer campaign in the sense that the whole setup for how you approach the story is reset for every single round. There is little sense of continual progress, of exploration, from hour to hour. The changes in the level design and in unlocking new technologies have little effect on the core gameplay. It lacked the kind of artful and intricate storytelling I've come to expect from modern games. And as a 'manager' or 'simulation' type game, I miss something technically enlightening to take away from the game. I didn't learn anything about those laser rifles, or about what the aliens were out for, etc. The rounds of "kill the aliens on this map" just went on and on, with the added side tasks of maintaining the military base. After playing a good chunk of the campaign, it started to feel worn and pointless, so I kind of lost interest. Ultimately I recommend the game to the wide public, but strategy fans will get most appreciation out of its ingenuity. Oh, and don't forget to turn off the action sequences as they are only there to add empty 'oomph'. Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    What it does, it does excellent. I'm not a strategy fan, not a turn-based fan, yet I loved this. What I did not like is the fact that the learning curve is really high. The beginning is much to difficult. Once your soldiers start leveling up though, the game gets too easy. So the balance isn't all that great. Luckily you can change the difficulty any time. So you could play the beginningWhat it does, it does excellent. I'm not a strategy fan, not a turn-based fan, yet I loved this. What I did not like is the fact that the learning curve is really high. The beginning is much to difficult. Once your soldiers start leveling up though, the game gets too easy. So the balance isn't all that great. Luckily you can change the difficulty any time. So you could play the beginning on easy, and after a while turn it up to normal. That's what I did. But the difference between easy and normal was too great for me. Easy being way to easy, and normal being too hard. Again, I'm never play strategy games so i'm a complete noob. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2013
    BY FAR, one of the best games of 2012. I picked this up when I bought Assassins Creed 3 and Dishonored and saved it for last (mostly because I was more interested in the other ones). WHAT A SURPRISE... I cannot begin to describe HOW ADDICTIVE this game actually is... it has that "civilization addiction", when you keep saying to yourself: "just one more turn; just one more turn; just oneBY FAR, one of the best games of 2012. I picked this up when I bought Assassins Creed 3 and Dishonored and saved it for last (mostly because I was more interested in the other ones). WHAT A SURPRISE... I cannot begin to describe HOW ADDICTIVE this game actually is... it has that "civilization addiction", when you keep saying to yourself: "just one more turn; just one more turn; just one more turn"; and when you notice, it's 3 AM. I just can't put it down... think of it as Final Fantasy Tactics meets Front Mission meets Civilization (sort of) plus guns, lots of guns. You manage a base, a squad and customize everything, from facilities, to weapons, to even the soldiers names, nicknames and armor color. And everything under a very cool "alien invasion" atmosphere. Must not be missed... a hidden gem. Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2014
    Two words can be used to describe this game: addicting and strategic. This game was very fun in almost all levels of managing and gameplay. I was hooked, I honestly did felt in control of everything..and the game was pretty challenging in pretty much all levels from maintaining panic levels to how you're going to take down enemies in game. Definitely a game where you need to do someTwo words can be used to describe this game: addicting and strategic. This game was very fun in almost all levels of managing and gameplay. I was hooked, I honestly did felt in control of everything..and the game was pretty challenging in pretty much all levels from maintaining panic levels to how you're going to take down enemies in game. Definitely a game where you need to do some homework to advance and not get everyone killed/ lose all the countries. Now this game does suffer from technical difficulties, like stuttering/framerate issues, and bugs/glitches that does ruin the experience a little bit, but overall I lost myself to this game for hours because of how fun and addicting it is. Expand
  6. Oct 18, 2014
    I own both the PC and console versions, and the PC version is obviously superior. Now before you think I'm here to laugh at console owners, I'm not. I'm just simply saying that if you have to choose between PC and console versions, go get the PC one. Why? Because the load times are shorter and there's not much lag in combat. Lag isn't bad on consoles, but having the PC version, it'sI own both the PC and console versions, and the PC version is obviously superior. Now before you think I'm here to laugh at console owners, I'm not. I'm just simply saying that if you have to choose between PC and console versions, go get the PC one. Why? Because the load times are shorter and there's not much lag in combat. Lag isn't bad on consoles, but having the PC version, it's smoother and less laggy so I'm moving to that and plan to sell my PS3 copy. Plus, on low settings, the PC version looks like the consoles. Other than those things, the game is the same on all platforms. Again, get the PC version if you have to choose between the two. If for some reason you can't get or play the PC version, then certainly get it on whatever platform you have. I mean, it's also on Android/iOS too, which has the same game but simplified graphics. Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2012
    Tons and tons of fun. I spent around 40 hours just playing through the game once. The tactical combat system works surprisingly on the PS3. There are a few things that hold the game back, like lag, frequent loading times, and some bugs. Overall though, these minor flaws don't detract from the game, but they do get annoying.
  8. Oct 13, 2012
    A great strategy game on the PS3? You don't see that too oftern! So, for fans of the genre or those looking for something different this is utterly unmissable. I don't know if i could convince casual gamers or action heads to buy this but i do hope it gets the sales figures it deserves. Either way this is still one of the games of the year.
  9. Jan 30, 2015
    Excellent turned based strategy game. Well, maybe i just say that because there hasn't even been a decent 1 on consoles forever and very few at that. It is very streamlined though. If your looking for a turned based strategy game on your console than this is the 1 to get and probably the only 1 in the store.
  10. Feb 11, 2013
    Fire Axis have done a great job of bringing this classic pc series upto date and on to consoles. A turn based stratedgy game. Console versions usually suffer due too the lack of pc mouse point and click but Fire Axis have done a great job of mapping the controls to the dual-shock pad every command is easily found even when in the heat of battle. Commands are not hidden behind unecessaryFire Axis have done a great job of bringing this classic pc series upto date and on to consoles. A turn based stratedgy game. Console versions usually suffer due too the lack of pc mouse point and click but Fire Axis have done a great job of mapping the controls to the dual-shock pad every command is easily found even when in the heat of battle. Commands are not hidden behind unecessary menus. Xcom enemy uknown is easy to pick up and hard to put down. A highly challenging stratedgy game were the games Ai will constantly work tooo beat you and suceed a lot. As you learn each enemy you will begin to progress. Difficulty is chosen by the player normal is the best starter option. Even players of the original will struggle with diving straight into classic mode. To research all the available technology trees will take many hours of play it can take well over 20hours to complete dependending on how you play. I have reached 40hours and have yet too complete it but my squad is fully upgraded with lazer guns and mind controll psi tech i researched from the aliens. squads and breeds of alien classes are many and varied each bringing there own challenges to the game. You must defend the earth from alien attack and must not lose 8 countries to the aliens or the over seeing council will terminate the x-com op. While trying to find the aliens main base and there leader. There is also a dlc story add on that adds a mission timer and new squad type. And a seperate dlc for character armor customisation. Over-all a must buy for stratedgy fans and a great introduction to stratedgy games for new players. Expand
  11. Mar 5, 2013
    If you like deep, tactic games, it's a must have.
    The game have nice graphics with a nice atmosphere but the gameplay, missions, choices and possibilities that the game offers are the really enjoyable gem of this game.
    Tons of hours, replay value and quality in every aspect of this great game.
  12. Oct 18, 2016
    In the past I have already appreciated strategy games such as could be Civilization or Stronghold, but I must say that this game has managed to surprise me even today. I occasionally tried the demo, and then I decided to take it, because its gameplay had convinced me.

Although the plot may seem trivial, because of "alien invasion" is very common in many media, XCOM's plot has been able to capture me and take me back to find out the cause of the arrival of the invaders: what do they want? Why they attack? How we stop them? The plot makes very clear the concept of "enemy unknown"; an enemy of which you literally know nothing. Being the Commander works very well, it really gives the idea of ​​directing a large military operation and I also like the misterious, but great, character of Spokesman. Plot has its twists and ending was really nice, and left me, positively, with a feeling that "something else" was yet to come.

The gameplay of this game is, of course, its strong point. It is complex, but well managed and balanced. Both as regards the management of logistics operations and direct combat, the game succeeds well. The movement of the soldiers in turns, the various actions they can take, as throwing grenades or suppressing fire, their psyche's condition, the essential use of shelters and the calculation in percent of probability to hit. However I must say that in some circumstances this last aspect of the game seemed contradictory: I saw soldiers missing the target behind half-shelter, with a probability of hitting about 85%. Mathematics is not an opinion, but the sense of the ridiculous, and distrust in game's calculating system, can't be denied. Working as a team is required to make it home safe, and soldiers can increase military rank and gain new skills, of their own class, improving and managing to make a difference on the battlefield. However, they can be injured, and having to spend time in the hospital wing, bringing the player to carefully choose the right soldiers and making sure to keep himself ready to the inevitable. As for the management of the base, I was very surprised: every field, from scientific research to engineering and construction of new facilities, it works very well, and their purpose is never vain. Scientific department's researches are essential and autopsies of many aliens' species are very useful and can allow to unlock new items and technologies which will then be built from the engineering department; in addition to this it is possible to develop new weapons and new armor for soldiers, bringing humanity closer to alien's obvious superiority. Constructing new facilities can unlock special bonus to various base's purposes. The management control of Council's nations is very important, and requires judgment and attention, because helping a nation instead of another, it can make a difference. The game is not easy, indeed: in some cases (saving file or not), if time is running out, certain decisions are irreversible. In XCOM everything is calculated on the thread of logic, from time to resources (such as money and electric power), invested; if a nation leaves the Council, there will be consequences, and if at least 8 nations abandon the Council, well - game over. And this possibility always exists. It is a real strategy game, with strong gameplay and requires dedication; I liked quite everything of it, although I must admit that some clashes with the alien forces seemed to me quite exhausting, perhaps too much, and balance of difficulty is always important in a videogame. I have to admit that the fight against the final boss was easier than expected, anyway.

As for the graphics, it is quite good, to be a game in isometric view. The sound is also well done. The optimization on PS3 is not very good; but it is also true that PS3 is a console known for its programming's complexity, so it is a legitimate defect, although some framerate drops are really ridiculous. It could still optimized better, that's for sure.

As for my relationship with strategic games, turn-based and not, XCOM is a masterpiece. It has its flaws, sure, but still is able to amuse and to grant a certain dose of challenge, thanks to the accurate and deep gameplay, it certainly is not a game for casual gamers, and in these times, this makes honor to it. There's a need to games like these and there is a need to people who play them.
  13. May 29, 2014
    As games go, this is is hard to fault. The whole point is that you are the commander of a multinational spec ops unit (the eponymous XCOM) tasked with taking out the aliens that have just invaded earth. You fight turn based battles against swarm of enemies with a squad of 4-6 soldiers and/or drones at your disposal. Your actions have real consequences.

The game continually forces you to

The game continually forces you to question your tactics, both on the battlefield and in the meta-management/base building portion. Unless you reload an earlier save, soldiers killed on the battlefield are gone for good. If you invest your money in the wrong thing at the wrong time then prepare to suffer for it as your troops will lack the weapons/gear/supplies they require. The way XCOM forces you to care about said troops is remarkable. Unlike C&C etc. where you just hit the 'create' button to get another twenty squaddies, each soldier is of equally great importance. Every individual soldier has different specialities and skills. The enemies are tough as nails and will take advantage of any slip ups you make and the base building requires a lot of planning. There are many detailed difficulty options to tailor the experience for each specific player so certain aspects can be augmented to be more or less constrictive.

I have not covered all the different gameplay aspects in this review but there are too many to mention. This has to be one of the best games I have ever played and I recommend it to anyone who is patient enough to learn it's intricacies.
  14. Oct 10, 2012
    I really enjoy the game. I will start off talking about what I like.
    1) the feel of being the underdog, battling for survival (I play on a harder difficulty)
    2) the look of the game 3) The customization options for your base, troops, interceptors etc. 4) The tech tree and how you go about doing it 5) overall game-play is addictive 6) sound is good 7) combat is streamlined and fun
    I really enjoy the game. I will start off talking about what I like.
    2) the look of the game
    3) The customization options for your base, troops, interceptors etc.
    4) The tech tree and how you go about doing it
    5) overall game-play is addictive
    6) sound is good
    7) combat is streamlined and fun

What could use improvement:
    1) the ability to change your soilders Nationality/gender. Everyone would enjoy naming soilders after friends, significant others, people you know or characters you've created and played in the past in other games. Some people say every soilder would be from the same country if they allowed this... I feel sorry for their homogenous social structure.
    2) other than explosives, your choices of how to kill/maim the aliens affects the artifacts, and you actually see the pieces around the ground, highlighted for later salvage.
    3) Having to build a prototype after the researchis over, before you can manufacture for deployment
    4) Random maps/more maps

What the game is missing:
    1) for what it is, and was intended to be, not much.... maybe some more variation in the mission start sequences so you don't feel inclined to click past the mission briefing.

Overall I would recommend this game as a definate go-get
  15. Oct 13, 2012
    PC players, especially strategy gamers, have long had the joy of games where they had to play just "one...more...turn". Now that fun has come to the console. Sure there's been other similar turn-based games for PS3, but this one has taken a classic and re-imagined it for an HD and thumbstick world. Skill levels, base management, cutscenes, character progression, science fiction setting,PC players, especially strategy gamers, have long had the joy of games where they had to play just "one...more...turn". Now that fun has come to the console. Sure there's been other similar turn-based games for PS3, but this one has taken a classic and re-imagined it for an HD and thumbstick world. Skill levels, base management, cutscenes, character progression, science fiction setting, great sound effects...all good things on their own but combine that with a tactical squad simulation that's easy to learn, difficult to master and Firaxis has a masterpiece. I haven't personally run into game freezing that's been complained about though I can see where others have noticed video/audio stutter and that's why the title doesn't get a 9, but the rest of the game is replayability heaven. Expand
  16. Dec 12, 2012
    So happy to see a strategy game like XCOM to be on consoles too, they're usually just for PC only, you know, for the PC master race. It's an incredibly organic game: if you **** up, that's your own fault, not the games. Your tactics and strategies will effect your outcome. Also, winning isn't inevitable, you can put 20 hours in to it and lose to the aliens. The turn-based combat is verySo happy to see a strategy game like XCOM to be on consoles too, they're usually just for PC only, you know, for the PC master race. It's an incredibly organic game: if you **** up, that's your own fault, not the games. Your tactics and strategies will effect your outcome. Also, winning isn't inevitable, you can put 20 hours in to it and lose to the aliens. The turn-based combat is very engaging, and the base management makes you feel like an actual commander. It's all very absorbing, and it's rather cheap now, so definitely pick it up when you can. Expand
  17. Oct 29, 2012
    Console gaming needs more titles like this! I bought XCOM the same day as Dishonored and will be playing it long after that game (as well as many other fall releases). This game is a breath of fresh air that is in the same league as Valkyria Chronicles.
  18. Jul 3, 2014
    2K Games you did it again :). First up was Civilization franchise and now I bought this, gj 2K. Best strategy game on PS3 now. The soldier customizing and satellite stuff is just amazing, I have to say. Oh and I was so happy with the gameplay too. Only the bad thing is that there are not so much different stuff to do in this game. Thing is that, there is some aliens--you try to beat them.2K Games you did it again :). First up was Civilization franchise and now I bought this, gj 2K. Best strategy game on PS3 now. The soldier customizing and satellite stuff is just amazing, I have to say. Oh and I was so happy with the gameplay too. Only the bad thing is that there are not so much different stuff to do in this game. Thing is that, there is some aliens--you try to beat them. And the game is little bit boring when you played it little bit. Still game what must to have. And good 8/10 :) Expand
  19. Apr 27, 2013
    Fun strategy, has definitely not been 'dumbed down for consoles' and was quite emotional when getting attached to certain soldiers and watching them progress. Re playability is at a minimum though as it is pretty much the same again.
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    I rarely review games, only when i'm so impressed or overwhelmed. This is the case here with xcom.
    I am new to the series, but THIS WAS A HUG SMACK ON THE FACE.

this game could easily have gotten a ten, it goes down as one of the best, most addictive games i have played since warcraft frozen throne. It lacks polish and graphical prowess. Apart from that this game is an incredible title . the gameplay (micromanaging ) is perfect in every way
  21. Oct 10, 2012
    Well I have been waiting for this game for about 18 years. Though I did not know that since I did not know it was in-development until this past E3. With being a huge fan of the first XCOM I was skeptical when I saw the ARCADY looking characters...but I quickly got over it. This game is a blast to play. If you want a tactical game. I found it far to hard on Classic as I tried to playWell I have been waiting for this game for about 18 years. Though I did not know that since I did not know it was in-development until this past E3. With being a huge fan of the first XCOM I was skeptical when I saw the ARCADY looking characters...but I quickly got over it. This game is a blast to play. If you want a tactical game. I found it far to hard on Classic as I tried to play three rounds and sent 12 men home in the process. So I changed it to Normal and it is a lot more manageable. BUT it still has challenges. I had two people I had from the beginning get wiped out in their 12th mission...I thought I was smooth sailing but no. This is a very challenging game!

Looks: 8.5 - I only wish all the guys didn;t have the same build. I wish you could customize that more.
    Gameplay - 9.3 - Just as good as I remember with a couple of glitches. Camera is tricky in corners and I feel I do not always get the angle I want and to me if you are behind a wall with full sheild you should never be hit unless some throws a Grenade or Rock Launcher. But that is not the case. Doesn't ruin it just thought I should mention it.
    Sound: 9.0 - Great music and feel...but not as creepy as the original.
    Overall: 9.0: I have played for about 10 hours now and I am still enjoying the missions. I feel the pain when good soldiers die but I enjoy the uncertainty of battle. This game is not for people who want an easy challenge.
  22. Oct 12, 2012
    One of the best strategy games I have played in the last few years. It's fun, addicting, and your choices have real consequences. Soldier deaths are permanent and wow is the game hard when you ratchet up the difficulty. Fireaxis made a brilliant game and I can't wait for further installments.
  23. Oct 21, 2012
    There is a lot of fun to be had with this game, though there are a few unfortunate things to take in to account. The game crashes on mission start up during the end game. Line of sight tests awkwardly. You can't move the camera and it's too stupid on its own. Another thing to note is that the game is streamlined, in some cases just the right amount, but in others too much. If you likedThere is a lot of fun to be had with this game, though there are a few unfortunate things to take in to account. The game crashes on mission start up during the end game. Line of sight tests awkwardly. You can't move the camera and it's too stupid on its own. Another thing to note is that the game is streamlined, in some cases just the right amount, but in others too much. If you liked building bases and managing multiple transports and troops and tracking multiple UFOs to shoot them down, all that is missing. The lack of free aiming all attacks is also frustrating. However, they made changes to their action point and ammo systems that speed the game up and simplify it only a little.

It would be nice if there were more and more random maps as well as a wider variety of mission types and I would love to see base management revived, but as it stands I can get a lot of fun out of the game. It took me a week to write a review simply because I didn't want to waste Xcom play time till now.
  24. Aug 18, 2013
    How did this game pass me by? If it wasn't for Playstation plus, I probably would never had played it.

Years ago, me and my mate used to play space crusade on the Commadore Amiga 500. It was a turn based strategy game, your squad against a bunch of aliens, moving room to room to complete an objective and get safely back to your ship, sometimes without all of your squad. It was tense,

It was tense, it was a thinking mans game and I thought I would never play another like it, until now.

XCOM: enemy unknown is that game from my childhood. It has all the things I've just mentioned, and so much more. It takes you through an easy tutorial of all the game mechanics, from the frontline, to managing your base's facilities, weapons development and financial income. You really feel like its you against an overwhelming alien threat, and its so much fun from the beginning to the end.

You'll even want to play it all over again.

My only criticism is the missed opportunity with multiplayer. Remember how much fun "worms" was? This could of been much the same amount of fun. Imagine, four local players in a room together, each with a team of four marines. Passing a pad around, blowing each other away until there's just one team left standing. Instead we get an online only, one on one battle. Such a shame.

Regardless, single player is incredible. Well worth a play, and a refreshing change from all the first-person shooters out there.
  25. Sep 2, 2013
    A highly faithful recreation of the PC classic (XCOM: UFO Defense). 2K did everything right with this remake and then some. It's challenging, but still makes itself accessible to new players. If you're like me, and you play most of your games on the console, and you've been looking for a good strategy game, then this is the one you will want to pick up.
  26. Apr 24, 2014
    Damn if you play this you will get destroyed. What, confused why it gets 9 its x-com you suppose to get destroyed its a hard game. I admit its dumbed down a bit but if you think about sadly this day in age new gamers for because most are 5-15 year olds (I'm not happy about it) they action, action all day long. Poor kids I got to say. Anyway at start you only get a squad of 4 but withDamn if you play this you will get destroyed. What, confused why it gets 9 its x-com you suppose to get destroyed its a hard game. I admit its dumbed down a bit but if you think about sadly this day in age new gamers for because most are 5-15 year olds (I'm not happy about it) they action, action all day long. Poor kids I got to say. Anyway at start you only get a squad of 4 but with upgrades 6 which makes them more valuable. you research guns, armor, gear, biology, etc. you get cut scenes now which are welcome if you think of it. Something some whine about "but you can only send 1 squad" I know that's good it makes you go " okay got to chose dammit which one" so it is hard as hell. Right I got to say what's wrong no base attacks, and some many other things the classic ones had sadly overall though its great Expand
  27. Nov 29, 2012
    I highly recommend getting this game, starting it up and selecting Classic Ironman difficulty and never looking back. In a sense, this is one of my minor quibbles with the game--so many people start it on Normal, find it too easy, and then make foolish remarks about how this is "dumbed down". I played the original Xcom and beat it. A great game, but it was also from the age whenI highly recommend getting this game, starting it up and selecting Classic Ironman difficulty and never looking back. In a sense, this is one of my minor quibbles with the game--so many people start it on Normal, find it too easy, and then make foolish remarks about how this is "dumbed down". I played the original Xcom and beat it. A great game, but it was also from the age when everything was fresh, and so it was easy to overlook the tedious micromanaging, the cheap tactic of using dozens of rookies as cannon fodder to flush out the aliens, boring bug hunts for that last alien holed up at the other end of the map, and the fact that once your campaign got over the initial difficulty your squad became so overpowered it became boring. This game eliminates most of the drudgery but retains all the tactical goodness that is just as deep as the original or Jagged Alliance but without the need to keep a calculator handy to add up time units. I found myself doing as much fussing about the ramifications of every single action in this game as I have in other games. This game's length is just about right. You can stall the final mission if you want and enjoy battles where your 6-man squad rolls over the aliens without much fuss (even in Classic Ironman), but getting to the end game shows up at the right time and isn't a chore. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a game. Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2012
    THis was my first time playing xcom, and I have to tell you guys, it was a surprise how awesome it was! Infact I picked it up on black Friday for 25 bucks just to settle my gaming taste buds while I awaited a big release, however it turned out to be way better then I expected. The sound is a check! the graphics are a check! the replay value is a check! the story is a check!what more couldTHis was my first time playing xcom, and I have to tell you guys, it was a surprise how awesome it was! Infact I picked it up on black Friday for 25 bucks just to settle my gaming taste buds while I awaited a big release, however it turned out to be way better then I expected. The sound is a check! the graphics are a check! the replay value is a check! the story is a check!what more could u guys ask for? Expand
  29. Oct 12, 2012
    X-Com is back! After the dissapointment of hearing it will be rebooted as an FPS they made the right call and had Fireaxis the creators of Civilization make a strategy game. It's as fun and addicting as the original was. The graphics are very nice it runs great and the story is very interesting. The multiplayer is really fun as well just needs some more maps.
  30. Aug 3, 2013
    Great strategy game and can be a brain teaser at times you have to plan ahead a lot and 90 percent of new players will fail but will want to replay over and over For first time since final fantasy games from ps1 and ps2 era I actually got attached to a few of my characters and when they die there dead for good you even get a memorial wall for all fallen heroes and the dlc armor looksGreat strategy game and can be a brain teaser at times you have to plan ahead a lot and 90 percent of new players will fail but will want to replay over and over For first time since final fantasy games from ps1 and ps2 era I actually got attached to a few of my characters and when they die there dead for good you even get a memorial wall for all fallen heroes and the dlc armor looks fantastic and upgrades with your armor upgrades so its never an outdated skin. Personally I can't find many games like this for ps3 so this title will be a keeper Expand
  31. Nov 12, 2012

1. Nov 16, 2012
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a real sleeper hit. Save for repetitive level design, a basic online component, and some questionable voice acting, the game is magnificent. It may take longer than most to appreciate, but it never fails to deliver.
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Nov 12, 2012
    With losing the United States, we also lost our biggest source of incoming funds. And no funding equals no means to combat the enemy. XCOM is all about long term planning, which we found out the hard way. [November 2012, p.58]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Oct 23, 2012
    XCOM has more meaningful decisions and consequences than Mass Effect and more scares than Resident Evil. Turn-based strategy games are cool again. [Dec 2012, p.98]