5.9

1. May 3, 2013
    This is a really cute tale about the zombie apocalypse brought about by the mad scientist Tycoon and his struggle to wipe out the last humans on earth. It comes as no surprise that he's got competition, his old mentor Brainhov has a zombie army of his own (the blue "ferals) and wrecks your life in the beginning.
    The first few levels get you used to the game and it's RTS stylings, you work
    The first few levels get you used to the game and it's RTS stylings, you work with your mobile zombie respawner that's armed with a turret when at rest on triangle, then 2 squads of zombies, and a single monster.

Now wait, you're asking, where are the zombie hordes?
    They're mapped to the R button, once you start capturing houses, they'll each spawn a wandering zombie, that when you tap R, they'll all perform a dead run on your target, it's pretty impressive with enough zombies.

The gameplay is fun, I was never bored, the missions are almost too short for me (a casualcore RTSer like myself) but there's plenty of little things you have to do to keep you busy, objectives you have to capture, objects you have to work with certain zombies, houses to capture, or even secret trophies to find scattered around.

Now, there are a number of little achievements you can get in each level, but, if I'm not mistaken you can't see what they're looking for until after you complete it which means you don't know on your first run what you should do to get trophies (I assume) which is lame.

Multiplayer, I haven't tried it yet but it looks so much fun.

I am disappointed at the apparent lack of bot gameplay, I guess they figure that later in the game certain missions will be compelling enough to get your fix on PvE.

I would love to see this game get attention, I think it's worth it, it's certainly the best handheld RTS I've played.

Also.
    Boss fights, they're pretty cool and I felt, pretty unique.
    Looking forward to playing more, but I'm so busy with SS, MGS HD, GOW GoS.. oh, sony.

1. A zombie game that lets you control your own Zombies in the way of a classic RTS? Sounds cool. Looks cool, too. Plays … decent. But it gets boring real fast and some mechanics simply are not all that well executed. [June 2013, p.91]
  2. Cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save: the three non-words every ‘PS3ita’ gamer hungers to hear. Zombie Tycoon 2 has all of these, and that’s what it does right. What it does wrong: its solo play is boring, and gets in the way of its rather decent multiplayer action. [July 2013, p80]
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    This is a mediocre and lackluster RTS that clearly isn’t ready for launch. When the playtime is doubled because of crippling bugs and still feels far too short you know something is not right. It gets extra credits for a charming design but demands that the player doesn’t need a motivation for killing innocent civilians.