7.8

1. Nov 15, 2013
    much much improved than last year's edition,the vast open world and lush islands are marvels to watch upon and experience.Ubisoft should win next gen with its open world game imo
  2. Mar 20, 2016
    Looking back this is probably the peak for this franchise. Giving full control of the ship is a master stroke. The setting is really good and I even learnt a little about the period.
  3. May 11, 2016
    AC Black Flag was one of my favorite installments. I really think this one shined where AC III kind of flopped. The story alone is a wonderful one and really captures the greed of Edward Kenway and how it was more important than family, even though he was doing it for his wife. The pirate ship battles were great and very enticing but at some points they became a bit repetitive but all inAC Black Flag was one of my favorite installments. I really think this one shined where AC III kind of flopped. The story alone is a wonderful one and really captures the greed of Edward Kenway and how it was more important than family, even though he was doing it for his wife. The pirate ship battles were great and very enticing but at some points they became a bit repetitive but all in all it was a great. If you're a fan of the AC series and also a fan of pirates than this game is definitely for you. I give it an 8 out of 10 just because some parts are repetitive but I've come to expect that out of Ubisoft, sadly. Expand
  4. Aug 15, 2016
    It's the pirates of the Caribbean game Disney never made. Simply awesome, granted it took me about 5 hours before i got the swing of things but once i did i was away. It took me around 200 hours to complete this game 100% and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it, the only thing that i didn't like was the sneaking stuff, just not my thing. I would say though if you didn't like the otherIt's the pirates of the Caribbean game Disney never made. Simply awesome, granted it took me about 5 hours before i got the swing of things but once i did i was away. It took me around 200 hours to complete this game 100% and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it, the only thing that i didn't like was the sneaking stuff, just not my thing. I would say though if you didn't like the other assassin's creed games then pick this up because it's nothing really like them and it is a unique game in itself. The story was good until the last quarter of the game and then it was brilliant. The visuals was pretty good especially the sea, the ships blasting each other and boarding them never gets old, the characters and voice acting is great and the fighting in close quarters is fun similar to the batman arkham series. All together the best pirate game I've ever played. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    Let me first say that I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and have no problem with annual releases. That being said, this may be my favorite in the series yet! Ezio from AC2 is an incredible character, but our new assassin Edward is equally impressive and a joy to play with. Never has the world felt so alive and rich with things to see and do. Travelling around the openLet me first say that I'm a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and have no problem with annual releases. That being said, this may be my favorite in the series yet! Ezio from AC2 is an incredible character, but our new assassin Edward is equally impressive and a joy to play with. Never has the world felt so alive and rich with things to see and do. Travelling around the open seas in sunny weather with the wind at your back, or battling the raging waves in a storm while engaged in a heart pounding navel battle in your ship never gets old.

The stealth and melee gameplay is as tight as ever, but my only minor complaint is I wish Ubisoft would have gave our assassin the ability to duck at will. There are plenty of character and ship upgrades to keep you looking for resources through most of the game (think Farcry 3), a cool mini game where you send your fleet out to trade resources, underwater exploration, and tons of side quests.

The PS4 version looks beautiful! While not a true next-gen title there are lots of added effects for your eyes to enjoy. Weather and lighting are much improved, foliage is more dense and reacts to wind more realistic, improved framerate and draw distance, and many other subtle things to improve an already amazing looking game. So do yourself a favor if you enjoy action and adventure, pirate and assassin's, go out and buy this game now! If you don't like the Assassin's Creed series then you may want to rent it first, but there's a chance you may end up enjoying it.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Simply put, this game is amazing but has some places where it can make this Amazing game even greater. The storyline is very immersive and lengthy and features a great and authientic cast of characters. The map is HUGE and the locations all based of real life areas. There are many things that add to the replayability of this game: harpooning, hunting, assassin contracts, exploring, huntingSimply put, this game is amazing but has some places where it can make this Amazing game even greater. The storyline is very immersive and lengthy and features a great and authientic cast of characters. The map is HUGE and the locations all based of real life areas. There are many things that add to the replayability of this game: harpooning, hunting, assassin contracts, exploring, hunting down ships,a unique multiplayer mode and many, MANY more.

The ship you have under your command is called the Jackdaw and is an integral part of the game. It is almost like a 2nd main character. It can be upgraded with things such as better broadside cannons, mortars, swivel guns, rams, hull strength, harpooning equipment and more. It's looks can also be customized (the sails, figureheads, wheels,etc.) The ship feels realistic to sail over the beutiful waters (which over time become wavy and relaxed or stormy). The ship feels as though it has a realistic amount of weight. The water is also beutifully built and is highly realistic expecially during storms. The main character Edward Kenneway is likeable and also can be customized quite a bit (guns, outfits, swords, blowdarts,etc). You can sail the open seas and combat random ships (different areas of the map have varying ship strengths). And plunder their loot then you have 3 options.
    1. Repair the jackdaw
    2. Wanted level -1
    3. Add to fleet.

The cities feel authentic and you can gamble, hire dancers, hire bodyguards, drink till your drunk and the cities feel lively such as people doing jobs talking walking around playing music and more.

The fleets are amazing and the gameplay amazing.

2 bad parts.

Melee combat can be improved and i wish the ships had more varying loot (i.e. ships carrying oranges from Florida and tobacco, grain, corn,etc) it would make it more believable also i wish you could explore OUTSIDE of the cities when not on water.

Should I buy? If you have patience and time to burn YES this game is very good though it is quite long so be prepared. Also the 1st few hours may feel uncaptivating but past that point it is a truly GREAT GEM.

7.5/10- GRAPHICS
    9/10- Storyline
    8.5/10- Gameplay.
    10/10- Length & replayability
    10/10- Soundtrack
    9/10- Overall
  7. Jan 11, 2014
    What an amazing games the graphics and gameplay was unique. Although poorly placed checkpoints and a glitch where you can't quit contracts made me unable to play the story line...... I played it 2 times first time i got bored then restarted but then i accepted contract and could not do story line there was no way to cancel contract so i quit.. Sadly most of the best games are not hereWhat an amazing games the graphics and gameplay was unique. Although poorly placed checkpoints and a glitch where you can't quit contracts made me unable to play the story line...... I played it 2 times first time i got bored then restarted but then i accepted contract and could not do story line there was no way to cancel contract so i quit.. Sadly most of the best games are not here yet....

Maki
  8. Nov 17, 2013
    This game looks absolutely amazing and excels with the sheer sense of scope. Giving this a 10 to counter some of the frankly absurd 0s that I have been seeing. To rate this a 0 takes a troll of the highest caliber and likely someone who has never actually played the game. If you do not like this game fine, but to say its not a well crafted and enjoyable game seems bizarre to me. MyThis game looks absolutely amazing and excels with the sheer sense of scope. Giving this a 10 to counter some of the frankly absurd 0s that I have been seeing. To rate this a 0 takes a troll of the highest caliber and likely someone who has never actually played the game. If you do not like this game fine, but to say its not a well crafted and enjoyable game seems bizarre to me. My favorite setting of all Assassin's creed games hands down. They have captured the Caribbean in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible and the share feature of the PS4 has been put to great use with one stunning vista after another. Expand
  9. Mar 19, 2014
    Brilliant game and brilliant story.

Once again main criticism is around the trophies as a number are unachievable as I don't know many people with PS4 and none of them have Black Flag.
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is the best assassins creed game to date. Very addictive. Awesome story and great gameplay. Graphics look superb on ps4. This is my favorite game this year so far for any system.
  11. Mar 9, 2014
    Finally Asssassin's Creed releases a good game. Since the last game from the series that I actually enjoyed was Brotherhood, I was beginning to be a little depressed when it comes to Assassin's Creed. However, they managed to fix that with Black Flag.

The graphics are outstanding, the story is solid, and the gameplay is fresh and interesting. I was not expecting such a big change from them, and it was a pleasant surprise. I'm actually looking forward for the next game now.
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    If you had mixed feeling about AC3 this game will make up for all of that as it is consistent and had fun and challenging missions. Out of the gate AC4 opens with a bang and that bang is consistently felt all through the game
  13. Jan 5, 2014
    i had hopes fore ac4 but this is not what i expectid wow.
    finally a great pirate game a great charecthers and good music.
    a realy great story and ship gameplay just taking down ships is amezing.
    the only thing is they need a new combat then this game wil be even better.
  14. Feb 28, 2014
    I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed franchise:
    Assassin's Creed - awesome game,which everyone needs to play!
    Assassin's Creed 2 - even better,with better graphics,story(and subtitles) Brotherhood - great atmosphere and story,awesome as 2 Revelations - not so good as the others,but still it is awesome III - this is the biggest disappointment from Ubisoft I've ever saw - the story was
    I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed franchise:
    Assassin's Creed - awesome game,which everyone needs to play!
    Assassin's Creed 2 - even better,with better graphics,story(and subtitles)
    Brotherhood - great atmosphere and story,awesome as 2
    Revelations - not so good as the others,but still it is awesome
    III - this is the biggest disappointment from Ubisoft I've ever saw - the story was boring most of the time,the characters weren't so good, the atmosphere was bad,only the combat system,the bigger world and the better graphics were good elements.
    IV - after III I was expecting a great game,because the Caribbean setting was good choice, and OMG - it is awesome like nothing before! Awesome graphics,awesome story,gigantic world to explore,smarter AI and many many other awesome things. After I saw the trailers and GamePlay videos,I was having great expectations. They weren't met - they were blown away from this awesome game. This is something,that you can't give less than 10/10!
  15. Nov 27, 2013
    Though the story may not be as epic Assassins Creed 4 has very very good game play and still a strong story to completely immerse you in its beautiful environment
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    Great game. Specifically seeing how to does strain away from the series quite a bit. Though the story sometimes left me confused and outside the animus game play seemed unappealing to me. The ship combat systems is very rewarding and enjoyable. Hunting is not as tedious as in assassins creed 3.
  17. Feb 9, 2014
    Its fun, for a little bit. And then it gets boring. That is how I see AC4. The story missions barely have any actions. 70% of the time its tailing and eavesdropping, with some scripted chase missions thrown in. The combat is way too easy. But it does have a great world. You can hunt animals, do assassination missions, upgrade you're ship, blow up forts, the list goes on. I just want a moreIts fun, for a little bit. And then it gets boring. That is how I see AC4. The story missions barely have any actions. 70% of the time its tailing and eavesdropping, with some scripted chase missions thrown in. The combat is way too easy. But it does have a great world. You can hunt animals, do assassination missions, upgrade you're ship, blow up forts, the list goes on. I just want a more engaging narrative from the next Assassin's Creed, because this one isn't so great. Expand
  18. Mar 26, 2014
    Gameplay is much more fluid compared to AC3. Graphics are good, but not best for next gen. The world is very large and there's much to discover. The missions are sometimes a bit repetitive but overall fun. 8 out of 10
  19. Nov 28, 2013
    Possibly the greatest singleplayer game that I've played in a VERY long time. I've been a PC gamer for quite a while, and bought into the PS4 hype. Although, this game does look very pretty on the PS4 considering the low specs.

This is my first Assassin's Creed game, and probably NOT my last!
  20. Mar 2, 2016
    The combat & parkour are still awful, just like in the whole series. These guys really beed to playing Dying Light to see how well parkour can be done (albeit from 1st person). Thankfully, the pirate sailing parts are wonderful. And the pirate parts of the plot are nice, and the main character is genuinely likable. But all of the standard Assassin's Creed parts are the worst parts. IThe combat & parkour are still awful, just like in the whole series. These guys really beed to playing Dying Light to see how well parkour can be done (albeit from 1st person). Thankfully, the pirate sailing parts are wonderful. And the pirate parts of the plot are nice, and the main character is genuinely likable. But all of the standard Assassin's Creed parts are the worst parts. I wish they'd just made a non-AC pirate game. Expand
  21. Jan 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I definetly think it tops AClll. It's graphics look more colorful and shiny. The ships have been improved from AClll and it's a massive world to explore, find chest, challenges, letters, weapons,cargo, animal hides and much more. I did not like the story. Spoiler alert!!! What happens after the end where Edward stands with his kids because there is no part after that in the Animus where you could kill the boss finish all the hacking it dissapoints my and why is it Edward joins the Assassins at the end? Why not in the middle of the story? Expand
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    Overall, very pleased with AC4, BF. This is a sandwich review. The naval combat was very fun and I enjoyed my pirating activities. The closed combat mechanic was maybe a tad too automated at some times (-0.5). The modern part of the story was useless and I did not enjoy that part (-0.5). I had the uPlay passport activation issue (and still have), so there are a few things that I could notOverall, very pleased with AC4, BF. This is a sandwich review. The naval combat was very fun and I enjoyed my pirating activities. The closed combat mechanic was maybe a tad too automated at some times (-0.5). The modern part of the story was useless and I did not enjoy that part (-0.5). I had the uPlay passport activation issue (and still have), so there are a few things that I could not play with (-1). Ubisoft, get your game together, don't put such thing in future titles. As always in the series I was amazed by the amount of historical work done by Ubisoft to support some characters, architecture styles, languages, etc. Expand
  23. Mar 17, 2015
    Holy crap! I played this game for the first time today and I can't believe what I've been missing! I've never been truly invested in the Assassin's Creed franchise. I played a few of the old games: Assassins Creed 2 and a bit of Revelations. Assassins Creed 2 was fun at times and the graphics were amazing for it's time but I didn't enjoy it as much as I felt I should have done. TheHoly crap! I played this game for the first time today and I can't believe what I've been missing! I've never been truly invested in the Assassin's Creed franchise. I played a few of the old games: Assassins Creed 2 and a bit of Revelations. Assassins Creed 2 was fun at times and the graphics were amazing for it's time but I didn't enjoy it as much as I felt I should have done. The controls were sometimes uncomfortable and both the stealth and the parkour mechanics felt clunky. What's more, the game got rather repetitive and tedious half way through and I never finished it because of this. Assassins Creed Black Flag fixes all of those issues. The controls have been significantly improved so you're only holding down the R2 button instead of R2 and X, and you can now jump. The free running mechanics feel somewhat more fluid and there's much less frustratingly jumping off of tall buildings to your death. Stealth has also been added to, though it's admittedly still not excellent. What makes this game excellent, though, in my opinion is the epic naval battles. I cannot begin to describe how cool these are! There's so much fun to be had in fighting against enemy ships and then boarding them, assassinating the crew and looting their goods. I haven't been able to go back to Assassins Creed 2 because I don't want to play another Assassins Creed that doesn't have this awesome naval combat. Though I consider the sailing and naval battles to be the meat of the game I also had a ton of fun with the other traditional Assassins Creed activities, mostly consisting of finding collectables and climbing to viewpoints. Exploration is heavily rewarded in this game and it has a huge open world that I know will take me a while to fully explore! Finally the story in Assassins Creed Black Flag is great. It is perhaps less engaging than Assassins Creed 2's story but nevertheless has a variety of interesting characters and good writing. If you haven't played this game, pick it up. I've had a love-hate relationship with the Assassins Creed franchise but this game truly blew me away when I first played it. Expand
  24. Feb 10, 2016
    I was never a fan of the Assassin's Creed games, until now. What was it about this game that changed my mind. Friggin' pirates! My absolute favourite aspect of this game was the naval combat and just sailing in general. Even when the fast travel option was available, I often found myself hopping on my boat to sail there instead. I could spend 30 minutes just sitting there listening to myI was never a fan of the Assassin's Creed games, until now. What was it about this game that changed my mind. Friggin' pirates! My absolute favourite aspect of this game was the naval combat and just sailing in general. Even when the fast travel option was available, I often found myself hopping on my boat to sail there instead. I could spend 30 minutes just sitting there listening to my crew sing their sea-songs as we travelled past beautiful coastline and island villages. There was something thoroughly relaxing about the experience, something I have experienced in very few games to this date, and I was happy to indulge my time. The game itself followed the classic Assassin's Creed formula, albeit in a more appealing setting. The combat and parkour mechanics were simplistic but adequately satisfying. All-in-all, having wasted over 100 hours in this game, I can say I enjoyed my time immensley. Expand
  25. May 17, 2015
    The first Assassin's Creed game I've played and absolutely loved it. The story was capturing and always encouraged me to play on. The gameplay was fluid and not too difficult or repetitive. The open world was great with many places to explore and the added element of sailing the ship, which you desperately tried to collect money to upgrade. To top it all of there was a great soundtrack.The first Assassin's Creed game I've played and absolutely loved it. The story was capturing and always encouraged me to play on. The gameplay was fluid and not too difficult or repetitive. The open world was great with many places to explore and the added element of sailing the ship, which you desperately tried to collect money to upgrade. To top it all of there was a great soundtrack. Enjoyed the game so much I bought the book to find out what happens next, Expand
  26. May 14, 2016
    Simply the best Assassin's Creed out there.
    If you still haven't played it, you are missing some good ****

Now we are ready to head for the Horn,
    Way, ay, roll an' go!
    Our boots an' our clothes boys are all in the pawn,
    Timme rollickin' randy dandy O!

......
    Very good memories...
  27. Mar 4, 2016
    Assassins Creed IV Black Flag this is the best assassins creed game **** those people who hate this game it doesnt desrve that it had a great story amazing deatail and they realy make good job beetween the assassins and pirates u play as the badass edward kennway which is better than that weak conner the had a massive map its very big they throwing on it alot of exllent side mission andAssassins Creed IV Black Flag this is the best assassins creed game **** those people who hate this game it doesnt desrve that it had a great story amazing deatail and they realy make good job beetween the assassins and pirates u play as the badass edward kennway which is better than that weak conner the had a massive map its very big they throwing on it alot of exllent side mission and cool combat system satesfing gameplay if you are a huge fan for the franchise so this is the game to pickup its worth uour its worth 60 dollaars shut the **** up and pickitup **** Expand
  28. Jun 30, 2016
    Quite simply the best assassins creed to date. The game seems to have so much more character than the others and this seems to totally immerse into the game. The Caribbean/Pirate setting is a work of genius. It's a good looking game that's extremely vivid in terms mood and graphics. An absolute blast !!
  29. Oct 7, 2016
    The problem with all the AC games is that they will always have mixed opinions. Looking at this from an open world perspective, what you can do, how much you can do, how fun it is to do it, and how long it takes to complete it, this game is excellent. However, the story is disappointing and any hardcore fans of the series will not like the different abstergo storyline setup. Overall, it isThe problem with all the AC games is that they will always have mixed opinions. Looking at this from an open world perspective, what you can do, how much you can do, how fun it is to do it, and how long it takes to complete it, this game is excellent. However, the story is disappointing and any hardcore fans of the series will not like the different abstergo storyline setup. Overall, it is a huge step up from the controversial AC3. This is a very good game overall, highly recommendable. However, if you go into it with the same story expectations as AC2, or sandbox open world expectations as GTA series, you will be disappointed. Do not let the negatives change your mind though. This is a very good game, and at the end of the day, it's fun exploring the large historical open worlds, doing crazy stuff and blowing things up. Expand
  30. Oct 12, 2016
    This has to be my favorite game ever made. Its just soooooo fun and there is so much to do and explore. It is my fav of the franchise and that says a lot considering how good AC2 is.
  31. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    This game is amazing. it took everything i loved about AC2 and AC3 and combined it into a very good game. the side missions and collectibles will make you spend hours with this game, especially if you want those trophies.
  32. Mar 18, 2014
    At first I wasn't that thrilled with the game, but after sitting and getting used to it I have played it for hours upon hours. The game is addicting and entertaining. This has to be my favorite AC of the series. I love the ship combat and game play. Great game. I can't wait to see what they do next!
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    I some how manage to always play the yearly iteration of Assassins Creed games (gifts, bargain bin, borrow from friends etc.) and never find myself particular impressed by them solid 7/10 experiences.

Black Flag, however, is not only an amazing AC game, it's an amazing game in general and strong contender for game of the year. One of the best open-world games I've played and simply a fantastic Pirate game.

I bought GTA5 and Black Flag at the same time and have been playing Black Flag exclusively. So far, my top games of the year are Last of Us and Black Flag. It even feels odd putting an Assassins Creed game in my top games of the year, but it really is a fantastic game all the gameplay mechanics are improved, the story is far more cohesive, and the world is vast and beautiful. Sure, your still doing a lot of the same tasks and side missions, but they somehow aren't drudge-fest like previous games due to the minor gameplay tightening. Even fighting carries the risk of dying this time around (if you don't upgrade your health).
  34. Nov 15, 2014
    The story is on the level of the series best so far, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It' protagonist is by far the best in the series, however the game doesn't really have an antagonist to combat through the plot, unless you count the protagonist himself. Sadly, the gameplay and animations are from the clunky ACIII version, which can become frustrating when you're doing racing mission toThe story is on the level of the series best so far, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It' protagonist is by far the best in the series, however the game doesn't really have an antagonist to combat through the plot, unless you count the protagonist himself. Sadly, the gameplay and animations are from the clunky ACIII version, which can become frustrating when you're doing racing mission to capture someone, or trying to escape, and you get hung up on a wall or decide to crouch on a pole, allowing your enemies to freely shoot you or whack away at you with their swords. At least they toned down the number of enemies on the rooftops so that you can move through town without setting off a hornet's nest. Overall, when movements are performed flawlessly, it looks great. As far as the overall graphics, it's the best so far being in 1080p with no frame drops. The open world is the biggest, without being bored to tears, as you have fast travel, plenty of ships to meet an plunder, or castaways to save and islands to explore. I easily put in a hundred hours playing this. Pirate combat is tough at first because you need to speed resources and money to upgrade your ship. At the end of the game, my ship was not fully leveled up, but I was finally a terror on the seas that I was hoping for. (A good terror because you can't attack innocent vessels without going out of sync+all your assassin contracts are for evil, bad people who are slave traders, smugglers, and those who prey on the weak). Excellent voice work and music all throughout the game. The time I spent in Black Flag was very enjoyable because they hit the 18th century caribbean atmosphere perfectly. Just clean up the wonky combat and animated movement and this game would've been a ten. Expand
  35. Feb 12, 2014
    I have played them all and I can say that - at least for me - although ACIV is more of the same it still manages to be a breath of fresh air. This game is sick! I absolutely love the pirate theme - which made me enjoy a game like Rise 2, for instance. Edward Kenway's story is very cool and interesting and he's the best assassin after Ezio; with a lot of charm and witty remarks, withoutI have played them all and I can say that - at least for me - although ACIV is more of the same it still manages to be a breath of fresh air. This game is sick! I absolutely love the pirate theme - which made me enjoy a game like Rise 2, for instance. Edward Kenway's story is very cool and interesting and he's the best assassin after Ezio; with a lot of charm and witty remarks, without mentioning his abilities as an unofficial assassin (would this be considered a spoiler?). And then there's the Caribbean sandbox... seriously, I could only play the naval part of the game and never conclude its story, really. It is that awesome. Fantastic graphics, soundtrack, gameplay, cast of characters and stuff to do. It is a perfect game of the the PS4 launch, since there are not many games available to play. You can stick with AC4 for months. It is a blast! Expand
  36. Feb 6, 2014
    I played the Xbox 360 version of AC4, and I just didn't get into it that much for some reason. but then I figured I'd give AC4 another go but this time on the PS4 and all I can say is that I'm blown away by the amount of details and realism the PS4 version threw at me. the PS4 version of AC4 didn't have single issue with frame rate drops or any other problems the last gen systems had. AC4I played the Xbox 360 version of AC4, and I just didn't get into it that much for some reason. but then I figured I'd give AC4 another go but this time on the PS4 and all I can say is that I'm blown away by the amount of details and realism the PS4 version threw at me. the PS4 version of AC4 didn't have single issue with frame rate drops or any other problems the last gen systems had. AC4 is played in native 1080p but i'm not sure how many frames it's getting. now if only Watchdogs would just come out. Expand
  37. Feb 11, 2014
    I don't know Why this is the 1st Assassins Creed game ive played but after this Im sure it wont be my last. This may have a bearing on my outlook to the game. From the moment I put the disk in the drive I was impressed with its presentation. The UI looks fantastic and the visuals throughout the whole game are impressive.
    As im new to the series the whole Abstergo Interludes are a bit lost
    As im new to the series the whole Abstergo Interludes are a bit lost on me and I find them pointless. I gather this part of the game ties in the previous ones? (im yet to complete the game too btw so im hoping these bits have some sort of story tie in by the end of the game)
    The controls are very intuitive and you soon get the hang of controlling your ship in battles as well as the hand to hand combat.
    One other thing Im impressed with, is the companion app. So while your not playing the game on the PS4 you can earn ingame cash using Kenways fleet. You can also use it as a map while playing which is very handy while looking for buried treasure!
  38. Jan 14, 2014
    Το παιχνιδι ειναι υπεροχο απλα, ευτυχως δεν ειχε καμια σχεση με το απαισιο 3 και καταφεραν να μας μεταφερουν με τον καλυτερο τροπο τους πειρατες στο σπιτι μας !
  39. Nov 28, 2013
    AC IV is definitely an improvement from ACIII. ACIII was terrible! I care about Edward and I love the fact that he's not dull. I don't care much for the story, but I love the gameplay, the gameplay definitely makes that up for me. Battling other ships is amazing! I didn't think I would care for it, but I'm glad I was wrong. Guess what? There's actually STEALTH! There was no stealthAC IV is definitely an improvement from ACIII. ACIII was terrible! I care about Edward and I love the fact that he's not dull. I don't care much for the story, but I love the gameplay, the gameplay definitely makes that up for me. Battling other ships is amazing! I didn't think I would care for it, but I'm glad I was wrong. Guess what? There's actually STEALTH! There was no stealth whatsoever in ACIII and I'm glad that Ubisoft was smart enough to put it back in you'll really need it in this game. You're not a killing machine compared to Conner you're an actual ASSASSIN. Now the cons to the game are regenerating health and, again, only one button for free running. I hate regenerating health. I hate having to run away from battle just regain my health back, I prefer to have potions so I can heal right then and there. Free running.....I still don't like the one button, but since this game is nowhere near as buggy as ACIII I can tolerate it. Thank you Ubisoft for fixing most of the problems. Expand
  40. Nov 27, 2013
    This is the new installment in the AC franchise, and it definitely lived up to its hype. The open-world feel to it is stunning, and it's fun even to just sail around and explore different islands. You'll never be bored, since it's packed with so much to do, such as finding buried treasure, harpooning whales/sharks, going diving, completing assassination contracts, and much much more.This is the new installment in the AC franchise, and it definitely lived up to its hype. The open-world feel to it is stunning, and it's fun even to just sail around and explore different islands. You'll never be bored, since it's packed with so much to do, such as finding buried treasure, harpooning whales/sharks, going diving, completing assassination contracts, and much much more. Visually, the game is amazing. It's definitely a step-up from AC3, and the open-worldness adds to a sense of excitement to even just get out there and see what you can do. The sailing has definitely been improved from AC3, and it can be very fun to do. On the other hand, the game falls victim to previous games' level scenarios, such as tailing people and eavesdropping on conversations. Even though sailing can be fun, it can also get tedious, especially considering how massive the map is. Thank God for fast-traveling, though. The game is often at its best when you're on land, which isn't exactly what the developers were going for when they had an idea for an open-world pirate game where you can sail the seas. Overall, a very good game, and definitely worth a purchase. Expand
  41. Dec 2, 2013
    The mixed reviews belie a very impressive game. It's open world is among the very best out there and the shear volume of side quests will keep you busy for months. Definitely worth picking up...
  42. Jan 5, 2014
    Best game I've ever played, and for sure, with Captain Kenway, Ezio could finally go away. I didnt like Connor and Aveline much like Ezio, but Kenway is the best. Great game.
  43. Dec 17, 2013
    Nearly perfect, one of the funnest AC's yet! Definitely worth looking into. It sure has felt like an up and down roller coaster ride with these games, but this one hit a high note. Well made and super fun to play!
  44. Jan 22, 2014
    Never liked assassins creed untill now, thought I would get it so I had something else to play with my PS4.
    Never new I could have so much fun in a multiplayer match, Thats all I enjoyed from this game, the multiplayer. The story was ok but some of the mission got boring, everyone should try this out if not for the story then the multiplayer
  45. Jan 22, 2014
    Había decidido abandonar la saga Assassin Creed por tediosa y repetitiva, pero esta ultima me ha vuelto a enganchar, un juegazo del que he disfrutado como hacia tiempo que no disfrutaba.
  46. Jan 29, 2014
    I have played the first Assassin's Creed and it was pretty good. I played the second one and I couldn't get into it. Didn't even try the third one. When I got the PS4 I bought a couple games and one of them was this one. I am so happy I chose this game, it is so good. I like being a pirate and like that it's based in the Caribbean. The missions are pretty fun and the graphics are prettyI have played the first Assassin's Creed and it was pretty good. I played the second one and I couldn't get into it. Didn't even try the third one. When I got the PS4 I bought a couple games and one of them was this one. I am so happy I chose this game, it is so good. I like being a pirate and like that it's based in the Caribbean. The missions are pretty fun and the graphics are pretty good. I'm surprised the total score is only 7.8 it's worth more then that! Expand
  47. Feb 20, 2014
    This was my first ever AC game, and it was amazing.

Only thing I dislike is the need to add a trophy that requires you to spend countless hours grinding online to lvl 55 or I would of given it a 10.
  48. Feb 22, 2014
    When ubisoft boasted 70 unique locations in assassins creed black flag i couldn't help but feel a bit sceptical after the previous game in the series which did anything but impress, but this time they wernt lying, from uncharted islands to large cities, shipwrecks and forts there is so much to do in this game. You play as Edward Ken way a pirate exploring the Caribbean sea as you please,When ubisoft boasted 70 unique locations in assassins creed black flag i couldn't help but feel a bit sceptical after the previous game in the series which did anything but impress, but this time they wernt lying, from uncharted islands to large cities, shipwrecks and forts there is so much to do in this game. You play as Edward Ken way a pirate exploring the Caribbean sea as you please, this sense of freedom along with the revised combat system and improved naval battles shows ubisofft can still make good assassins creed games. Plundering ships and hearing your crew sing authentic pirate shanties are highlights but this is still an assassins creed game and so eavesdropping and tailing is a common diversion this is why i could not give this game a higher score. Assasins creed 4 comes packing with a multilayer mode which is interesting at best but always filled with tense competitiveness. This game is a must buy on next gen with features such as touch pad interaction with maps exclusively for PS4 and improved graphics for both next gen devices compared to the ps3 and xbox 360 counterparts. Expand
  49. Feb 26, 2014
    Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag is the PS4 game that I have enjoyed the most. Everything about is is fun. From plundering unsuspecting ships, to jumping from rooftop to rooftop, taking out your assassin contracts. The sailing mechanics in this game are easily the best out there. Why? Because its simple and straightforward. The handling you have over your ship is completely determined by howAssassins Creed IV: Black Flag is the PS4 game that I have enjoyed the most. Everything about is is fun. From plundering unsuspecting ships, to jumping from rooftop to rooftop, taking out your assassin contracts. The sailing mechanics in this game are easily the best out there. Why? Because its simple and straightforward. The handling you have over your ship is completely determined by how fast your going, if you are just prowling the waters at a slow pace, you will have precision control over where you turn. But if your just sailing away at full speed, you will find yourself turning right, then left, then a little more right, and the a little left again to get to the trajectory you want to be at. Fighting other ships is another big part of the game. There are so many ways enemy ships will try and sink you, and so many defensive strategies you will need to develop. Smaller ships will try and shoot you down from an angel where you can't shoot them, where bigger ships will just try and ram into you at full speed. There are many ways to play as a pirate, and i guarantee you will enjoy all of them. One of the only complaints I have about this game is the voice acting. It just never seems to be right. The voices will often times merge to the point where you won't be able to hear who's talking, sometimes you will need to strain to hear the characters talk over the crash of waves, and other times there voices will come booming through your television way louder than usual. This, however, does not deteriorate from the actual game play at all. The combat is still balanced, with swords, pistols, and poisoned darts that you can use to overcome your enemies, and awesome stealthy assassinations that you can perform to take a single person out quietly. Overall, AC4 is a very good game, and is the one I have enjoyed the most on my PS4 so far. Expand
  50. Mar 20, 2014
    This is easily my favorite Assassin's Creed game. After the shockingly massive disappointment of Assassin's Creed III, I was worried that a pirate themed Assassin's Creed was going to relive the past disappointment. While still having some of the mind-numbingly repetitive task types of the entire series, this game is beautiful and fun to play.
  51. May 9, 2014
    Assassins creed black flags protagonist is a little different than the others from the series but in a good way, Edward is in no way a do gooder like the other lead characters but not so much to make you dislike him. The battle system is the same as the other assassins creeds and sailing the sea is very satisfying and beautiful. I was very pleased with this title and can't wait for theAssassins creed black flags protagonist is a little different than the others from the series but in a good way, Edward is in no way a do gooder like the other lead characters but not so much to make you dislike him. The battle system is the same as the other assassins creeds and sailing the sea is very satisfying and beautiful. I was very pleased with this title and can't wait for the next installment in the series. Expand
  52. Jul 17, 2014
    The same good typical Assassin's Creed but in new setting with great addition of new game play on the see! Good combat mechanics with reasonable stealth! One of the best game of the 2013, and is going to a contender for the Game of the year!
  53. Sep 3, 2014
    It's truly is amazing how far Ubisoft has came since the first Assassin's creed game... This game is amazing obviously, just like every other Assassin's creed game! The Characters, Graphics, Voices, Open world and everything about this game is perfect! 10/10 all the way, one of the best Next gen games so far!
  54. Sep 18, 2014
    This is a really good action, stealth and adventure game. The story is ok, but the gameplay is what really makes this game great. You spend most your time on-land, where you will be killing enemies, either by stealth, combat, or gunfire. There are a lot of side missions as well, with good rewards. However, as you are a pirate, you also have a big ship that you can customise and upgrade,This is a really good action, stealth and adventure game. The story is ok, but the gameplay is what really makes this game great. You spend most your time on-land, where you will be killing enemies, either by stealth, combat, or gunfire. There are a lot of side missions as well, with good rewards. However, as you are a pirate, you also have a big ship that you can customise and upgrade, and of course use to take down other ships or fortresses. Expand
  55. Nov 7, 2014
    I have been a fan since the beginning. Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag has many improvements over AC3 and is largely a great game with a few missteps like repetitive missions and uneven story issues. I think this is honestly the best pirate game ever made it hits the nail on the head for the pirate theme in fact it focuses more on pirates than assassins and gels them both togetherI have been a fan since the beginning. Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag has many improvements over AC3 and is largely a great game with a few missteps like repetitive missions and uneven story issues. I think this is honestly the best pirate game ever made it hits the nail on the head for the pirate theme in fact it focuses more on pirates than assassins and gels them both together convincingly.

Side activities - The things to do outside the story missions are incredible, assassin contracts, sneaking into enemy islands or caves to loot treasure, freeing captured pirates, many things gives you money, loot, territory and crew members. With loot you can built your ship, your character and it allows you to tackle bigger challenges, there is always something that engages you and makes you feel like you’re doing something new. The Templar hunt quests are awesome and do an amazing job of expanding the world in which you live in. You can tackle all side missions in whatever way you want.
    This game has hunting and it is quite fun you can shoot predators down from a distance hidden in bushes or in trees or you can confront them using quick time events to kill them. Using their pelts to upgrade your ship, weapons, tools and character. Another great side activity is the underwater sections where you swim in shipwrecks looking for loot, treasure and ship blueprints. The funnest thing about this is the way you can hide from sharks in reeds and always have to go back to air pockets for an extra breath; you feel very vulnerable which an exciting rush is.

Naval combat - Very fun and satisfying, you could bored other ships for literally hours without getting bored there is just SO MANY different ways to approach other ships. You can attack and conquer other forts which is addictive first using your naval combat from a distance to destroy their canons while attacking/dodging other ships near and far, then jumping straight into the chaos on the fort ground to cut through the enemies utilizing the ground combat then finally assassinating the captain.

Mission structure and gameplay - Okay for allot of the missions they are very open and let you tackle them in whatever way you wish with little handholding, which is very important, however this is one of the real lacking parts of the game the overall repetitiveness of the main missions. WAY too many missions you will find yourself doing the exact same thing over and over again whether it is eavesdropping, tailing someone or something in-between. The parkour and freedom of movement is great but can be tricky and pretty much is the same as in AC3 but tree running ans siling is smooth and works very well. The way you can go from running to sailing in seconds is really special.

Story - The story is very well thought out and lasts about 22 hours or so, as you follow Edward through his personal journey and experience the historic moments of the period is great and participating in them is amazing, something that makes all AC games truly special. All the main characters are convincingly accurate especially Black Beard he is SO WELL DONE. You start to feel attached to the main character especially in the later missions. However it is not without its downsides some missions are not very well explained and you will wonder how you got there and why you are really doing it.

Combat - The combat is fun at first and there are some really cool kill animations but largely it stays the same as AC3 just counter the incoming enemies attacks and they die or just keep tapping attack to kill the weaker guys. But it’s not horrible, a good side is there are different enemy types that require different means to kill them like you will have to counter with a different weapon such as a gun or requiring you to break their defense before striking, this keeps combat away from being too repetitive.

One thing I just have to say is that for us hardcore fans we have noticed that the AC games have gotten less about the assassin way of life and has focused more on the theme. Such as in AC3 where Connor was more of a warrior than an assassin and was not fully dedicated to the order. Similarities can be seen here. The stealth and eavesdropping has not really evolved much, there needs to be more assassinating and stealthy upgrades.

So to round Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag up most side activities are engaging and enjoyable, the naval combat is the best part of the game and is one all in its self, the theme of pirates is done exquisitely, the main missions can get old but they are not terrible, combat is over familiar, decent but nothing special, story is great but can seem random sometimes, music is amazing, parkour and gameplay is still upheld, and last but not least the landscapes are absolutely beautiful and stunning to observe.
  56. Mar 7, 2016
    Compared to other new games this one has so many advantages, not only the exploration part but the atmospheric scenes and generally a pirate experience.Althought I didn't like the end of the story too cliche.
  57. Nov 19, 2013
    The most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The story isn't the most strong in the series, but there's so much fun content here that the story is almost the side show. I rarely write my impressions on a game, but I just absolutely had to share how impressed I am with this one.
    Black Flag's naval combat is stellar. You've got so many options on how to raid, board and decimate enemy ships that it doesnt get boring. Great stealth sections, lots of choice on how to tackle missions, optional outer animus sections, great voice acting and even better music, this is the definitive AC experience; and when playing on ps4 it's even more easy to appreciate the amount of work that has gone into the graphics.
  58. Mar 24, 2014
    A serious return to form for Assassin's Creed. Black Flag brings a reptitive franchise back to life with a fresh, rewarding and stylish outing. If like me previous chapters have left you disappointed, then i'm glad to tell you this is an impressive redemption. Black Flag takes you to the high sea's with Captain Edward Kenway. Who is a far better, interesting and stronger character thanA serious return to form for Assassin's Creed. Black Flag brings a reptitive franchise back to life with a fresh, rewarding and stylish outing. If like me previous chapters have left you disappointed, then i'm glad to tell you this is an impressive redemption. Black Flag takes you to the high sea's with Captain Edward Kenway. Who is a far better, interesting and stronger character than Conor from Assassin's Creed III. Set in the early 18th century Caribbean during the Golden Age of Piracy and follows the notorious Kenway, grandfather of Conor, who becomes embroiled in conflict waged between the Assassin's and Templars. Gameplay has never been an issue. It's the fact it's become so repetitive and dull and thankfully the introduction of ship based exploring that's all changed. Allowing you to sail is a great addition to the franchise. You already know what your getting from the combat, melee system so there's no change. The setting makes the difference. I've never been a huge fan of Assassin's Creed multiplayer. There is a slight improvement but I still think they need to vastly better it if they hope to compete with the best online. It simply doesn't have that addictive factor that other games do and whilst it is playable, I wouldn't say it's the franchises selling point and certainly isn't as enjoyable as it could or should be in comparison to the single player campaign. All in all, Black Flag is a triumphant return to form for what seemed to be a franchise verging on going stale. The addition of sea exploration is exactly the fresh invigoration the series needed. Expand
  59. Feb 1, 2014
    Not only this games looks very very good but also they've got incredibly close to a pillar of Assassin's Creed franchise: Assassin's Creed II. And I did definitely enjoy that developers not only had taken best part of AC3 -- sailing it is -- but also vastly improved it.
  60. Nov 26, 2013
    This is the best AC game. Sailing in the Jackdaw and attacking other ships is AMAZING! It really helps to break up some of the monotonous/annoying AC gameplay like stalking/following/eavesdropping. Combat is awesome. Plus this game is absolutely beautiful. I wish this was a new IP though. I don't know how they can top this while keeping in the AC universe.
  61. Feb 26, 2014
    I just can't imagine that assassin's creed 4 could be so awesome,The first time i saw the trailer,i say:oh pirates,is there any good to sail in the sea??not gonna lie,assassin's creed 3 is a huge disappointed for me,I love american revolution history but AC 3 is so not a sandbox game,more like a pure action game,which i hate it,but AC 4 ,thankfully,it's a real sandbox game!you can doI just can't imagine that assassin's creed 4 could be so awesome,The first time i saw the trailer,i say:oh pirates,is there any good to sail in the sea??not gonna lie,assassin's creed 3 is a huge disappointed for me,I love american revolution history but AC 3 is so not a sandbox game,more like a pure action game,which i hate it,but AC 4 ,thankfully,it's a real sandbox game!you can do whatever you want,sank the loyal ship,do the assassinate contract for money,as for money,you can use it to upgrade the ship! that's the most gorgeous thing for me!!! after all,I can't imagine that i love pirates life in AC 4 so so much! because i'm not a real pirates fun before!! and that's one of the reason that why i hesitate to pick it up at the beginning,but now i feel so lucky to have it,and i think it‘'s the best initial next-gen game! if you own a PS4 ,you like sandbox game,you are a history fun,don't hesitate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  62. Dec 17, 2013
    Let me start by saying I've never really been a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series mainly because the repetition I have experienced. You always know what to expect from an Assassin's Creed game. You will hide, vanish, assassinate, wash, rinse, repeat. I purchased this game because there were limited options of games I wanted for the Playstation 4. With that said, I've reallyLet me start by saying I've never really been a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series mainly because the repetition I have experienced. You always know what to expect from an Assassin's Creed game. You will hide, vanish, assassinate, wash, rinse, repeat. I purchased this game because there were limited options of games I wanted for the Playstation 4. With that said, I've really enjoyed this game. It really taps into the power of the Playstation 4 and shows it well. The graphics are extremely impressive! Whether it be in a settlement or a deserted island, it appears to be very realistic in many different ways. The way the water moves, storms that you can get caught in, weather changes, it's all very surreal to watch. The combat system is basically the same as the previous version, it works very well. I highly recommend this to any Assassin's Creed fan or if you're looking to play an open world game that shows off the power of the PS4. Expand
  63. Nov 16, 2013
    Ubisoft has made some vast improvements over their assassins creed franchise this go round. Not only in the graphics(which are obviously the best on the next gen consoles and gorgeously so.) but in almost everything involving the presentation of the story/gameplay. From the start of the game you jump right into action and almost immediately are allowed to go wherever you want. The actionUbisoft has made some vast improvements over their assassins creed franchise this go round. Not only in the graphics(which are obviously the best on the next gen consoles and gorgeously so.) but in almost everything involving the presentation of the story/gameplay. From the start of the game you jump right into action and almost immediately are allowed to go wherever you want. The action is free flowing as all the other ACs and combat feels responsive but has some clunks with bad parrys.

I'm not gonna lie I hated AC3. I couldn't get sucked into it I feel like the story was way too far out there. the first few hours of it were so tedious and running around in the giant woods felt more like a task than a great adventure. Having the Caribbean as your playground was the best decision they could've made. The islands themselves are small making doing the various tasks on them less daunting, but being able to sail yourself from island to island gives the sandbox feel a hugely realistic sense to it.

I really love the protagonist in black flag as well, really fits the description of what a real pirate is and not what you'd read in peter pan. The abstergo/animus angle has been really well done also. No longer are you pulled obnoxiously out of the immersed world you're trying to assassinate to go run around in the "present day" and do some sci-fi stuff. I always thought it was a cool idea that you're not really in the past but controlling an avitar of sorts but was never really produced well. It's not really a spoiler since you learn it in the first 5 minutes of the game but Abstergo is now an entertainment corporation and you are part of a research team to test a new IP that they are trying to create using the animus machine. Abstergo goes on to say that they are the reason behind the assassins creed games and even tie into liberation right off the bat. It feels great but you can definitely get the jist that something might be up with them.

Anyway, don't let the haters who couldn't afford new consoles or got ones that didn't work so their taking their rage out on the internet deter you. this game is definitely worth a play through even if you absolutely hated assassins creed 3(i know i did!)
  64. Nov 25, 2013
    I have been a long-time fan of the Assassin's Creed series. Black Flag does not disappoint. What I look for in a game is how long I can play it until it gets old. I'm over 20 hours in, haven't beaten it, and am still having a blast. The only downside is tailing and eavesdropping missions, and even those include the new style of stealth Ubisoft has incorporated into the game. I love theI have been a long-time fan of the Assassin's Creed series. Black Flag does not disappoint. What I look for in a game is how long I can play it until it gets old. I'm over 20 hours in, haven't beaten it, and am still having a blast. The only downside is tailing and eavesdropping missions, and even those include the new style of stealth Ubisoft has incorporated into the game. I love the stealth system in Dishonored and Farcry 3, and Assassin's Creed IV comes close to the same level of quality. Now for the rest of the game. You will find yourself swinging from ropes and boarding ships with explosions around you, dual swords in hand, slicing up British to your heart's content. The combat has been made noticeably smoother and the same with the naval combat. There is so very little wrong with this game; it amazes me how critics take those small errors and take 20 points off of a game's score. Expand
  65. Nov 28, 2013
    I have typically been a fan of all Assassin's Creed Games, and this installment did not fail to live up to standards. This game had a surprisingly difficult naval warfare system, which was extra rewarding as you plundered an enemy ship. Sadly though, as it was difficult, there were some moments where the mechanic became so difficult I had to get off the game for a while because of howI have typically been a fan of all Assassin's Creed Games, and this installment did not fail to live up to standards. This game had a surprisingly difficult naval warfare system, which was extra rewarding as you plundered an enemy ship. Sadly though, as it was difficult, there were some moments where the mechanic became so difficult I had to get off the game for a while because of how frustrated I got. Nonetheless, It was enjoyable for it's rewarding loot and weapon upgrades. As the game was very fun, I would not like to see Naval Warfare, Hunting, or guns in Assassin's Creeds in the future. They need to go back to Assassins like Altair and Ezio, in my opinion.
    Pros:
    Living to expectations
    Interesting and Intense Story line
    Surprisingly Difficult Naval warfare, unlike the last installment
    Cons:
    Frustrating Naval Warfare
    Same, counter-revolved combat system
  66. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is one of the best launch titles for PS4! The open world is a gorgeous and fun place to do anything! You can take down naval forts, complete assassin contracts, Templar missions, go hunting, or just do some sightseeing! There's plenty for everyone here! The story is pretty interesting, with a heart warming twist at the end. Overall a must buy!
  67. Sep 16, 2014
    This game was nothing short of amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, but as one of the game designers for this game pointed out during a demo, your lovely ship, the Jackdaw, is the second main character here. Frankly, one I enjoyed more than our standard protagonist even. The ship combat is addictive and about an authentic as you could possibly want in a video game. It hits all theThis game was nothing short of amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, but as one of the game designers for this game pointed out during a demo, your lovely ship, the Jackdaw, is the second main character here. Frankly, one I enjoyed more than our standard protagonist even. The ship combat is addictive and about an authentic as you could possibly want in a video game. It hits all the right high notes. Your cheering crew singing sea shanties as you crash through the waves seeking a target with water washing over your desk is a surreal feeling. The 'legendary ship' encounters are particularly on-point and satisfying after overcoming them. If you played one of the previous Assassin's Creed games and have ever fancied yourself a pirate, it'd be downright criminal to not play this. Expand
  68. Oct 1, 2014
    Arrrrr Matey! Get your pirate on in the latest version of Assassin's Creed. This being my first AC experience, I must say I was captured more by the side activities, as well as the naval combat, than I was the main quests. Beautiful done graphics with an amazingly accurate ocean simulator built in to make for a engaging sailing experience. Worth a buy.
  69. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes open world games. It looks incredible on the PS4 and plays great. I had so much fun hunting down all the treasures and playing the side missions and assassination contracts! The companion app is a lot of fun as well and a great way to earn extra in-game money. The multi-player is a lot of fun and requiresThis game is absolutely amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes open world games. It looks incredible on the PS4 and plays great. I had so much fun hunting down all the treasures and playing the side missions and assassination contracts! The companion app is a lot of fun as well and a great way to earn extra in-game money. The multi-player is a lot of fun and requires strategy and planning but is fairly easy to pick up and learn only after a few hours of online play. Hope this helps! Expand
  70. Oct 30, 2014
    How can this game have such a low meta and user score? It's ridiculous. Had they included EITHER the massive gameplay elements present in the piracy mode, or the standard AC ground missions and assassination elements, it would easily be a relative 9 compared to scores given to other much more shallow games.

But instead you get both, more or less 2 games in one. Tons of content, and

But instead you get both, more or less 2 games in one. Tons of content, and that's to say nothing of what I thought was very beautiful graphics, and scenery presented. I got the game as a gift, and it's still easily the best game I've played on the PS4, with D3 coming a close second. You'll notice that D3, and other highly rated games on the PS4 are ports. Insult to injury when you consider the achievement AC4 is, to be one of the first games on a new platform, to do it so well, and to be ORIGINAL.

The story is also incredible. People don't like the animus bits. I guess I do. They kept me intrigued. But that's not the story I'm referring to. This is a game about principles, dreams, and loss. It's not a happy ending everything-is-great type story, and perhaps somewhere in there is the reason why people don't appreciate it fully. It's emotionally powerful, and heavy. It's part of a growing movement of better storytelling in gaming, but hasn't really gotten the credit for it.
  71. Feb 27, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much after playing 3 but holy **** was this an amazing game. The story and characters are absolutely amazing and the gameplay is nice and fluid. The game looks absolutely beautiful as well. It's bright and colorful. The navy combat is probably (for me at least) the best part of the game. In all honesty this should of GOTY 2013 instead of GTA V
  72. Nov 19, 2013
    First off the graphics on next gen PS4 are beautiful, amazing, and unlike anything I've ever seen before. Also much better improvements with the mechanics like combat, running, climbing, and everyone's most likely favorite sailing across the Carribean seas. There is so many islands and cities and places to explore it's why I love ac4. The new character Edward is a great new characterFirst off the graphics on next gen PS4 are beautiful, amazing, and unlike anything I've ever seen before. Also much better improvements with the mechanics like combat, running, climbing, and everyone's most likely favorite sailing across the Carribean seas. There is so many islands and cities and places to explore it's why I love ac4. The new character Edward is a great new character right from the beggining you start to like him. I also think La Habana, Cuba is absolutely gorgeous. Amazing graphics. A pure next gen console game.

And one more thing the new MP is great, a lot of fun and new awesome modes for all sorts of competition
  73. Jan 4, 2014
    I have never really been an Assassins Creed fan partly because I was addicted to COD for so many years until now. Black Flag has got me hooked and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics are beautiful and the world created feels authentic. Sunny towns, beaches and deep oceans all look magnificent on the ps4. The pirate theme adds a particular charm to the game and makes the world funI have never really been an Assassins Creed fan partly because I was addicted to COD for so many years until now. Black Flag has got me hooked and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics are beautiful and the world created feels authentic. Sunny towns, beaches and deep oceans all look magnificent on the ps4. The pirate theme adds a particular charm to the game and makes the world fun to be a part of while playing.

The ship sections are particular impressive and add a whole new style of gameplay keeping the player excited and refreshed throughout. Sometimes just sailing around listening to the crew singing sea shanties and admiring the views is enough to fill a relaxed game session. The story is intriguing and characters feel fleshed out. The protagonist Edward is fun to play as and has a big personality and good story.

The controls are fluent and work well for the most part except they can sometimes frustrate on a timed chase mission when you end up climbing down a ladder instead of scaling a roof! But these are tiny complaints. Combat is tight and works really well, learning to counter and break attacks adds skill making fights more enjoyable than just button mashing. Missions are varied and the rating system allowing you to submit a 1-5 star rating at the end of a mission seems a great way to submit feedback for Ubisoft to make future changes and improve gameplay.

The game is long and the map is massive with lots of places to explore. There is also an app I downloaded to complement the game which I would recommend to get the most from the game. I haven’t completed it yet so I’m not sure how good the ending is but I am excited to find out what happens.

This is a ps4 launch title you need in your collection.
  74. Jan 11, 2014
    Definitely better than AC3 but still has some similar issues of redundancy and too much open world resulting in a lot of empty space. Fast Travel, as was the case with the previous game, is a Godsend because I could not possibly imagine having to sail 10,000m back and forth between destinations. The story is almost an afterthought for me. Probably 9 of the first 10 hours that I spentDefinitely better than AC3 but still has some similar issues of redundancy and too much open world resulting in a lot of empty space. Fast Travel, as was the case with the previous game, is a Godsend because I could not possibly imagine having to sail 10,000m back and forth between destinations. The story is almost an afterthought for me. Probably 9 of the first 10 hours that I spent playing this game were spent doing side missions; capturing ships, synchronizing viewpoints, taking down Naval Forts etc. with minimal time being put into progressing the story. The fact that the game is not linear is definitely a plus, here. You can literally spend hours enjoying quests on the side and not have to advance the storyline. This adds tremendous replay value without even factoring in the multiplayer element.

I usually play this game in 2 hour increments just to keep the gameplay elements fresh. If you're a marathon player that can sit in front of a TV for hours and hours on end then this game might bore you because it's a lot of the same things being done over and over again with slightly progressing difficulty. However it's one of those games where you will get out of it only as much effort as you put into it. If you spend time upgrading your ship and finding treasure chests for some extra gold, you'll find the boundaries of this game to be almost limitless. Overall Black Flag is a hit in my book, definitely better than last year's version.
  75. May 3, 2014
    Finally. After total disaster and fail with AC3 good old AC is back. In many ways best AC until now. When I started to play I thought it will be pure 10/10, but they managed to spoil gameplay with some little things but big enough to partly spoil the game. First of all gfx, gameplay, crafting system is awesome. But there is way too much "follow"/"catch"/"tail" missions which are extremelyFinally. After total disaster and fail with AC3 good old AC is back. In many ways best AC until now. When I started to play I thought it will be pure 10/10, but they managed to spoil gameplay with some little things but big enough to partly spoil the game. First of all gfx, gameplay, crafting system is awesome. But there is way too much "follow"/"catch"/"tail" missions which are extremely dull. To be worst almost every memory have that. Would be better if they put that in side missions or something because this way you cannot avoid bad parts. Second, there is some Abstergo hack missions which are very annoying and pointless. To be worst Abstergo part doesn't improve story in any way. Game is on good way to be perfect. Without that bad parts it would be pure 10! Expand
  76. Dec 1, 2013
    I Really enjoyed AC4. Its not a perfect game but it grabs your attention and doesnt let go. For a next gen game it looks georgous. Draw distance and the level of detail on such a large map really shows the developers dedication. The contols are still an issue but its a fun ride so stop reading this review and go grab yourself a copy!
  77. Apr 22, 2014
    Excellent game that is beautiful and very fun to play. The naval combat gameplay is phenomenal, including its iOS app. The attention to detail is staggering and this is why I can't recommend this game enough.
  78. Dec 9, 2013
    An absolute blast to play, but you'll have to decide how to split your time between playing Assassins Creed on land, and playing pirate at sea. I seem to wind up spending a lot of time at sea just messing around. But you wind up switching back and forth enough that things take a lot longer to get stale.
  79. Sep 1, 2014
    Epic. From the lush graphics, the fluid gameplay right down to the absorbing soundtrack. The game massive and littered with a million things to do. The characters are actually interesting and leaves you wanting to know more about them. The main protagonist is a breath of fresh air compared to previous efforts. The only downside is that in many ways it doesn't feel like an AC game. IndeedEpic. From the lush graphics, the fluid gameplay right down to the absorbing soundtrack. The game massive and littered with a million things to do. The characters are actually interesting and leaves you wanting to know more about them. The main protagonist is a breath of fresh air compared to previous efforts. The only downside is that in many ways it doesn't feel like an AC game. Indeed it didn't have to be. There was no need for the modern setting to even be in this game. I fear Ubisoft were worried if it didn't carry the name it might not have sold as well. I think the next incarnation of AC will go back to the more traditional style which is a shame....it does however leave some scope for a future pirate style game which I would fully embrace. Expand
  80. Aug 22, 2014
    Excellent game...had the free roam option so you can sail around and do as you please or follow story line.was not to short and had a decent story line....
  81. Dec 16, 2014
    Another great game that won't get out of it's own way. If I want to play the story, let me play the story. If I want to raid, pillage, sea battle, dive for treasure, hunt, craft, take over forts and the like I shouldn't be hampered until I finish a certain story mission. "Why can I only send one ship on trade route when I have twenty not doing anything else?" and similar frustratingAnother great game that won't get out of it's own way. If I want to play the story, let me play the story. If I want to raid, pillage, sea battle, dive for treasure, hunt, craft, take over forts and the like I shouldn't be hampered until I finish a certain story mission. "Why can I only send one ship on trade route when I have twenty not doing anything else?" and similar frustrating needless limits on the "open world" really dampen the experience. Still, quite fun overall with great multiplayer game modes. Again, level linked unlocking is not my favorite, but it's not totally unreasonable overall. Expand
  82. May 9, 2014
    I gave this a bad review awhile ago and I would like to change the review into a good one... I came back to the game after not having anything to play on my ps4... I never said it was a bad game but I did say that it was the same game as it's predecessors and I was kind of angry with myself for re-buying a game that was essential no different then before,,, The game is good and in myI gave this a bad review awhile ago and I would like to change the review into a good one... I came back to the game after not having anything to play on my ps4... I never said it was a bad game but I did say that it was the same game as it's predecessors and I was kind of angry with myself for re-buying a game that was essential no different then before,,, The game is good and in my opinion the best Assassins creed game to date.. The problem I do have with the game is that it's no different than the PS3 version of the game except a few tweaks to the graphics.. Expand
  83. Nov 30, 2013
    Because this series has been pumping out so many consecutive installments, I was worried that AC4 was going to be a flop. I'm couldn't be happier in being proved wrong. This title brings all that you love about AC back with the brilliance of naval warfare accompanied by a fresh and clever storyline. Gone is dull Connor and in is a slick pirate with swagger who's likeable and fun as hell.Because this series has been pumping out so many consecutive installments, I was worried that AC4 was going to be a flop. I'm couldn't be happier in being proved wrong. This title brings all that you love about AC back with the brilliance of naval warfare accompanied by a fresh and clever storyline. Gone is dull Connor and in is a slick pirate with swagger who's likeable and fun as hell. The sandbox is massive and gorgeous onthe PS4! Easily the best launch title for the console and one of the series best. If only we could get Ubisoft to stop reminding us that they're French Canadian during every animus cut scene.. Expand
  84. Dec 23, 2013
    To my surprise, I am enjoying this game. I held off purchasing this before launch like I normally have done for other AC games. I thought I was finally burnt out on the series. Did not finish Revelations and was not impressed by AC3 (disappointed in Ubisoft's character development for Connor).

But I finally caved in and bought this. I can't stop playing it. It has renewed my interest in Assassin's Creed. More than that, I am having fun. 20hrs in, I have barely progressed in the main story because I am doing so many other things in open world. I barely touched naval combat in AC3 but in AC4 I can't stop. I purposely am avoiding fast travel to far off places just so I have an excuse to travel in my ship.

Game mechanics are the same but somehow seem smoother than previous games. I bought this on PS4 to assess improvements and maybe that is one of them.

If you love the AC series, pick this one up. If you have never played an AC game, try this out if you like open world and always wanted to be a pirate.
  85. Dec 15, 2013
    AC4 for the PS4 (and, I'm assuming, this would probably hold true for all versions) is a RARE kind of awesome. One of my top ten games of all time. If you enjoy sophisticated plots and characters, world exploration, diverse gameplay mechanics, excellent production values, and a lengthy gameplay experience, AC4 is very highly recommended. Highest possible recommendation. I don't knowAC4 for the PS4 (and, I'm assuming, this would probably hold true for all versions) is a RARE kind of awesome. One of my top ten games of all time. If you enjoy sophisticated plots and characters, world exploration, diverse gameplay mechanics, excellent production values, and a lengthy gameplay experience, AC4 is very highly recommended. Highest possible recommendation. I don't know what Ubisoft is going to do to top this. Expand
  86. Oct 14, 2016
    Outstanding as a pirate game but maybe not so much as an Assassin one. Outside of the story there is so much to do and the naval combat is almost flawless. The multiplayer while unpopular was a surprisingly satisfying addition with it's own cast of colorful characters.

I'd love to see Ubisoft break away from the AC plot and develop a standalone pirate series like this.
  87. Jul 18, 2014
    This is a real return to form for Ubisoft. I was so disappointed with the last Assassin's Creed that I almost didn't buy this. It was only after recommendations that I eventually decided to give it a go and I am so pleased that I did.
    Black Flag gives us a main character that you want to get behind again, you want to win and sets it all in a map that you want to travel around. The attention to detail as you are traveling around for the strangers you pass to the animals that run by you is just incredible.
    Sure its not without its issue and perhaps the map is a bit too big (I used fast travel a lot) and every now and then it does glitch but this are minor things in a game that has rebuilt my confidence in this franchise. Bring on the revolution.
  88. Apr 30, 2014
    This game was a ton of fun that had me addicted the entire time. I've played through it multiple times and still can't believe how like able all the characters are in this game. Edward is by far my favorite assassin with a very like able story and personality. This game is by far the best game on next gen consoles to date.
  89. Dec 6, 2013
    I've always been a bit ambivalent about the Assassins Creed series, the PC ports have been pretty bad and I always thought it over ambitious on the PS3 (and I suck at climbing walls). This time the game is rendered as smooth as can be and running through Havana a joy (although I still suck at climbing).

I'm not a fan of the race to collect the shanties (see suckyness above) and those missions where you need to tail someone can get tedious but other than that I'm having a blast with the combat and exploration both on land and sea.

A finely, ahem, executed game on the PS 4
  90. Dec 14, 2013
    I liked the first one and hated 2, Brotherhood and 3. But wow Black Flag is an awesome adventure. For being a next gen launch title I am really impressed with the graphic. It is about medium high on a gaming pc. The story is fun and the ship battles are great. The overall sound and music is top notch. This is what AC should have always been.
  91. Dec 7, 2013
    Assassins Creed IV is developed for current generations of console, so dont expect to see a life like graphics, its just expanded for Next Gen console.
    ACIV does a good job in forming an open world game, wonderful world and nice to explore the environments and it does feel different other than other AC series, gameplays is awesome....although some parts are little boring due to the lack of detail in story or being too cliché at times. but overall gameplay is really fun.
    in terms of graphics it does look better on PS4, firstly that it runs on native 1080p, its a solid 30FPS, better texture work, nice plantation also in terms of physics they are much better, a more wonderful sea, better rain effects, improved perspectives and finally a really nice Rain effect and more smoke effects are some of the next gen improvements.
    if you are thinking should you pick up this for your PS3 or PS4 i would say it is a really good choice to pick it up fro ps4 and you will not be disappointed.
  92. Dec 4, 2013
    Cracking pirating adventure that had me singing along with the shantys and really enjoying the plundering and battling.

Amazingly good fun, however some gripes as follows: Paying for the "next gen" version sticks in the craw for only next gen foliage after boarding a boat the FMV is always seems to be the same, gets a bit tedious Not every island is accessible, and you cannot

Amazingly good fun, however some gripes as follows:

Paying for the "next gen" version sticks in the craw for only next gen foliage
    Not every island is accessible, and you cannot traverse the whole place feels "enclosed"
    Free running seems to have gone back to the crazy monkey of AC2 where you are running along and suddenly try mounting a wall

Other than this the game is solid and great fun. Grow your beard, get your other half to make you an eye patch (I love my girl for walking in with mine) and have a rip roaring time!
  93. Nov 11, 2014
    I did not like assassin creed games in the past seemed so linear and made me not want to play them. However after playing this up to 35% I am really happy that I gave the series another shot and want to spend all my time at sea gaining loot! I really like the graphics in this game, very well done. I like the pirate ship and boating action in this game, being able to dive, spear fish,I did not like assassin creed games in the past seemed so linear and made me not want to play them. However after playing this up to 35% I am really happy that I gave the series another shot and want to spend all my time at sea gaining loot! I really like the graphics in this game, very well done. I like the pirate ship and boating action in this game, being able to dive, spear fish, openly explore the sea is really a good idea and rendered beautifully. I like how on islands, etc. you can make a mini game out of climbing tree branches to achieve your goals. The only down side to the game in my opinion is the wonky movement, that at any minute you can accidently do some movement you really did not want to do. Overall I am happy with this game. Expand
  94. May 13, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    You play as Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham Kenway and Grandfather of Connor Kenway. You've left your home of England to pursue the almighty coin. One day, your ship crashes and after a series of events (involving the Templars of course), you wind up stealing a ship with the help of some prisoners, and you end up escaping from a naval fleet in the middle of a storm. I was surprised by how good the story was. Like its predecessors, the story's timeline lasts a few decades and throughout the story, you really see a change in Edward as his goals change, his friends interfere with his goals, and as he's hunted down by Templars. The dialogue is very well written with a nice "pirate-y" flavor added to it. Edward's friends are really entertaining to watch, and some of them are famous historical pirates (Blackbeard, Charles Vane, Bonnie, etc.). I'll also say that there are some death scenes here that really got to me due to how they were well executed with the music and atmosphere. I also thought that the ending was really heartwarming and emotional due to how you've developed a relationship with Edward and after everything he's been through. Unfortunately, since I haven't played AC2 yet (I plan on doing so in the future), I can't say if this is the best AC story ever made, but it's pretty close to that title. 10/10

Gameplay:
    The biggest new addition to AC4's gameplay is the emphasis on naval combat (No longer a side activity like in AC3). You get your own ship called the Jackdaw, which you use for traveling, combat, and for exploration. This is the 1st time that an AC game actually encourages exploration since the map is pretty large and there are so many islands, ancient ruins, and military camps to discover and loot, Actual wildlife to hunt and craft character upgrades for (just like in Far Cry 3) in both land and sea, and old ship wreaks to dive into and search for gold and ship upgrades. There are also forts that you can assault to reveal all locations in a certain area on your world map. These forts range, from easy, normal, and hard so you'll have to upgrade your ship if you want to stand a chance against some of the harder forts. the last new pirate-y feature Ubisoft added were 4 "legendary ships". Think of these as Raid Bosses from Borderlands 2 as they're really tough to sink, have special unrealistic abilities, and offer you 20,000 gold each, as well as a special ability you unlock if you sink all of them. Once you're on land, things slow down. The combat is still the same, easy, attack and block sequence from AC3, all the side activities from previous AC games (viewpoint syncing, treasure collecting, searching for documents and letters, upgrading your hideout, etc.) return, and the wanted system returns, but only for naval combat. A few new things were added for when you're on foot: No more notoriety, new taverns to unlock by beating up a bunch of drunk idiots (literally), new treasure maps which are fun to do, and new shanties to discover so your crew can sing to you while you're out at sea. The naval combat has been improved from AC3. Once you got the right upgrades, you can become deadly out on the open seas. You fire your main cannons from the side of your ship, you can ram from the front, use mortars for long range combat, use more powerful cannon balls for close range, and use barrels to set traps while you're fighting. Once you've nearly destroyed a ship, you can sink it for half loot (needed for $ and ship upgrades), or board it, complete a few minor objectives, and kill X amount of sailors to get full loot and more crew members. Even though my crew couldn't kill anyone, it was still fun to board a ship to steal all of its loot and treasure. You still have all the stealth parts of an AC game, and the forgettable modern day segments (different now that Desmond's gone), but aside from that, the gameplay is fun and adds a nice breath of fresh air with its new pirate elements (we REALLY need a good and new pirate game soon). 9/10

Graphics:
    This game looks and runs great on PS4, the lighting and textures are great, the character models are updated, and the water motions (especially during a storm) are well made. This by far the best looking AC game out there right now. 9/10

Sound:
    All the crew shanties sound like actual shanties, the score is good, and the environmental sounds are solid. 8/10

Multiplayer:
    Same as AC3. If you liked AC3's multiplayer, you'll like this ones. If you didn't like it, you're out of luck (The mode creator doesn't add much new content). 7/10

Verdict:
    Many people who've played AC2 said this was the 2nd best AC game ever made, and since there're aren't that many PS4 games out right now, go ahead and pick up a copy of this game, unless you don't care about pirate games. If Ubisoft keeps this up, then maybe the AC franchise has a chance to make a comeback after 2 disappointing games.

Rating: 9/10
  95. Apr 13, 2014
    The Assassin´s Creed IV: Black Flag review

Are ya ready kids! Aye aye Captain Kenway! Ow yeah. Well, as I went through this game there was no stopping my exploration needs. Every ten square meter island I saw and every shore with those badass flamingos flying around was an instant stop for my wave cruising ride called “The Jackdaw”. This curiosity that I had for the map was fueled by
    The Assassin´s Creed IV: Black Flag review

Are ya ready kids! Aye aye Captain Kenway!
    Ow yeah.
    Well, as I went through this game there was no stopping my exploration needs. Every ten square meter island I saw and every shore with those badass flamingos flying around was an instant stop for my wave cruising ride called “The Jackdaw”. This curiosity that I had for the map was fueled by the enormous work that went into the creation and detail of the sea and its little islands as well as the inland jungle. Previous games had big cities as their main location but now, as well as having a few of these; the creators have gifted you with a whole ocean for traversing. The movement and the character that the sea shows are beautiful as well as dangerous as this bastard throws you some nasty storms some times. Another added feature aside from the open world sea exploring were the diving sequences which are actually quite a few. I had some trouble with these as the mechanics aren´t all that perfect and I kept going nose first into those damn sea urchins. But aside from the clumsiness (that is expected from any underwater levels) it manages to handle them with the awe of seeing the depth of the ocean, man! Goosebumps!
    Ship boarding and fort taking are some cool mechanics that the game also offers and they serve the fleshing out of the characters as well as random unscripted cinematic action sequences which make you feel like a badass.
    Speaking of cinematic sequences I loved the ones that Ubisoft created for us. Of course, they are scripted but nothing beats a pirate running across a swamp, with rain pouring on him and crocodiles snap at his legs. They give you some cool camera movements too!
    Before mentioning the awesome moment that completed my love for this game I will address some negatives about it. One being the free run mechanics which in some important mission points just decided that should just stop hang completely motionless from a rooftop and have a little chat with the local rooftop cat. These moments have been present since the dawn of the Assassin´s Creed games and it would be very pleasing if they could be corrected in the future. My other problem with it is that some cutscenes and story moments felt rushed at times. I can understand this as the game is more focused in ambience and exploration but some felt lacking some character.
    I think the negative argument from above would have been less noticeable had the other cutscenes not been so freaking awesome and gorgeously made. The takes are amazingly done (sometimes) and some dialogue in some the cutscenes really stood out for me, Blackbeard´s speech for example. But there is one cutscene, one that makes this game rule over every other AC games. SPOILER ALERT.
    The final cutscene isn´t something you see every day. And I say this because it could have ended with whatever short cutscene featuring Edward going away. But the way it managed to use all the weight of the things you experienced through this adventure and use that amazing shot of all the people that had an impact in your journey was magical. It didn´t matter if the relationships with some of them didn´t end well but they impacted the journey in a positive way, and that kind of nostalgia can only be achieved in a cutscene if it uses, like I mentioned, the weight of all those hours playing that game. That my friends, is masterful.
    Maybe it was the music or the nostalgia that swallowed me whole in that moment or seeing Edward smile as he sees his daughter, but that cutscene in general hit me pretty bad, in a good way because I wasn´t expecting something that heavy!
    In conclusion this game, while suffering from some technical issues, is amazing. It stands out in some many ways not previously explored by some AC games and it totally achieves greatness. This game deserves one special spot on your shelve. I am giving it an astounding 9 out of 10!

Be sure to check my blog where I post reviews like this one: http://thechannelofawesome.blogspot.mx/
  96. May 22, 2014
    As someone who always find AC is overrated, I am surprised that how much I enjoyed to play this game for at least the first 20 hours. Definitely the best sailing/pirate game I played in the past 10 years. I cannot stop thinking how it can be if they cut the assassin nonsense but focus only on sailing part of the game and add more trading gameplay and a big map. Honestly, the assassin partAs someone who always find AC is overrated, I am surprised that how much I enjoyed to play this game for at least the first 20 hours. Definitely the best sailing/pirate game I played in the past 10 years. I cannot stop thinking how it can be if they cut the assassin nonsense but focus only on sailing part of the game and add more trading gameplay and a big map. Honestly, the assassin part is just boring and weird. The graphic on ps4 is candy. Expand
  97. Jul 12, 2014
    Without a doubt my personal favorite in the Assassin's Creed series! I've always been fascinated with lives and times of pirates since I was a kid, so much like Red Dead Redemption this game is a love letter to someone like me! The lead character is a lovable picture perfect pirate and the story is very interesting with many awesome levels and twists that I don't think you'll see coming! IWithout a doubt my personal favorite in the Assassin's Creed series! I've always been fascinated with lives and times of pirates since I was a kid, so much like Red Dead Redemption this game is a love letter to someone like me! The lead character is a lovable picture perfect pirate and the story is very interesting with many awesome levels and twists that I don't think you'll see coming! I enjoyed this game very much last year on the Playstation 3 and I'm enjoying it even more this time around with the enhanced graphics of the Playstation 4! Everything is rendered with the most detail you could imagine, everything so little as water splashing on the deck of your ship or the leave of a push brushing against your body as you move through it you will find it very hard to develop a complaint against this game, not only in the graphics department but the game as a whole! Expand
  98. Dec 29, 2013
    The PS4 graphics are beautiful, both when your in 1715 sailing the seas and exploring island and when your in present day overlooking the city.

The story is great and this is one of my favorite games of 2013, surprising considering I played and never liked Assassins Creed. The pirate them is amazing for the game.
  99. Apr 21, 2014
    Loved the game played till i got 100% the games open world of the seas made you fell like a pirate. Also the other characters in the game had lots of different personality. fishing ,finding, treasure, upgrading your guy, an your boat, going into woods to hunting are all really fun to do. Movement in the game was really easy to manipulate so is the combat sneaking and boat battles.Loved the game played till i got 100% the games open world of the seas made you fell like a pirate. Also the other characters in the game had lots of different personality. fishing ,finding, treasure, upgrading your guy, an your boat, going into woods to hunting are all really fun to do. Movement in the game was really easy to manipulate so is the combat sneaking and boat battles. things i did not like was going on the land and exploring because there was not much land to explore on. Expand
  100. Dec 9, 2013
    no Abstergo mumbo jumbo, and a few repetitive missions striped away and this game is a masterpiece as a pirate game on it's own! definitely my favourite from the whole AC franchise.

1. Apr 20, 2014
    The PlayStation 4 version of the game is mechanically the same as the PlayStation 3 version, but the new engine is eye-poppingly awesome.
  2. Ubisoft significantly improved the multiplayer side of things. Also, story takes you places.
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    It’s difficult to imagine Assassin’s Creed ever leaving the sea behind.