7.9

1. Sep 9, 2017
    The year is 1715. Pirates rule the waters of the Caribbean and have established a lawless Republic. Among these outlaws is a lethal young captain named Edward Kenway. His notorious exploits earn the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but draw him into an ancient war that may destroy everything the pirates have built for themselves.
  2. Aug 29, 2017
    It’s one of my favorite AC installment, but I do agree with the complain of repetition throughout the game, it’s a great effort though. For origins i really want to be surprised with fresh and new tactics and ideas, I hope Ubisoft comes through.
  3. Aug 28, 2017
    gioco vastissimo ed infinito , il miglior gioco della saga insieme al primo e a Rogue , tante novità ed è un gioco anche solo per gli amanti dei giochi pirateschi ..Edward è un personaggio fantastico , nettamente superiore ad Ezio Auditore e alla pari di Shay , subito dietro il maestro Altair
  4. Aug 9, 2017
    Much better than the games before it. The beginning is a rush to play as you discover all the features the game world has. Unfortunately that momentum dies in the middle, where the missions become dull and dragged out with repetitive action. What didn't help was my interest in collecting all items on a given island. This slowed the game down drastically, so i decided to mainly focus on theMuch better than the games before it. The beginning is a rush to play as you discover all the features the game world has. Unfortunately that momentum dies in the middle, where the missions become dull and dragged out with repetitive action. What didn't help was my interest in collecting all items on a given island. This slowed the game down drastically, so i decided to mainly focus on the story and the momentum built right back up.

Overall: High fun factor, movement is still heavy/clunky and there is plenty to do/explore. One of my favorite AC games!
  5. Jul 25, 2017
    This game rules! Don't listen to these whiny player haters! Amazing graphics! Super fun game play! Put on some headphones and you're whisked away to the sunny carribean! This game is like a mini vacation. I only give it a 9 for the slightly wonky controls, otherwise it's one of the funnest titles on ps4! Ahoy matey!
  6. Jun 19, 2017
    Great AC. The last true great AC we have gotten. Edward is a fantastic character and the ship battles are better than ever. All wrapped along a interesting story that doesn't take you out of the animus too much.
  7. Jun 18, 2017
    After the very disappointing third main game, I wasn't sure what to expect from Black Flag, and in the first few hours didn't do much to curb my enthusiasm, with a main character that starts a little too simple and a main mechanic that was already in the third game although not as wildly used. But in the next couple dozen hours of my experience, I actually came out not only surprised, butAfter the very disappointing third main game, I wasn't sure what to expect from Black Flag, and in the first few hours didn't do much to curb my enthusiasm, with a main character that starts a little too simple and a main mechanic that was already in the third game although not as wildly used. But in the next couple dozen hours of my experience, I actually came out not only surprised, but deeply impressed by the well crafted story-line, main and supporting characters, and even villains. And while the ship mechanic had been used on the third game, Ubisoft definitely improved and worked hard to make it the best part of the game; Edward's Ship (The Jackdaw) feels like another character, and with the amount of time you spend on it, it doesn't end up boring or repetitive. Also the number of activities you can do in the game is very impressive and varied, and it allows you to not get too tired of them in the time playing the game. Also on the good side, the excellent score by Brian Tyler, that really makes you get into the pirate theme, and I have played it outside the game the second most of a pirate music outside the First Pirates of the Caribbean Movie. On the bad side, the main combat mechanics of the game, while fun and good in whole, are not very improved from previous games and the new gadgets, while cool, do not change to much in the aspect of how you played from previous games. Also other stuff carried from previous games not improved like some glitches while climbing and the like, and the sometimes hilariously dumb AI, especially in covert missions. But all in all, a great experience that lefts me wanting to see more of the pirates Assassin's and really gets me in the mood and the characters, and probably the best Assassin's game outside the Assassin's Creed II. So great job Ubisoft, although from what I hear from Unity, it seems you couldn't continue the streak, but we'll have to see. Definitely recommended even if you haven't played previous games, especially if you like pirates. Final Verdict: 8.9 Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2017
    Great game, Loved the ships, the open sea, the challenging bosses, the graphics were great for it's time, Etc. But what I noticed that ruined my experience was how forgettable the naval combat was. It was sad to see my third favorite Assassin's Creed get crushed by such a little thing.
  9. Mar 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great story really big and good Open world the atmospher was just great the graphics the inverment was great side quest great characters sounds strack really good ,only thing that I didn't like was the outside the animus storyline boring an unnecessary but a solid 9.3/10 Expand
  10. Mar 17, 2017
    puedo decir que lo más destacable de esta entrega son un par de temas de la banda sonora, porque la historia va sin rumbo hasta que naufraga al final
    otro intento fallido de crear un personaje interesante, y de seguir los arcos argumentales que ya no dan para más

el combate, tanto a pié como en barco estaba mejor en AC3, en medio de una batalla puedes ponerte tranquilamente a abordar barcos, en los cuales los aliados estorban más de lo que ayudan...

recién terminado y con un montonazo de iconos y cosas secundarias por hacer, un 51% de progresión con el mismo equipo desde el principio, caza y fabricación de objetos desaprovechada, sin un duro para mejorar el barco, y lo repetitivo que llega a ser cada batalla naval

y en las misiones principales se pasan también con el sigilo, muy poca variedad, la mitad del tiempo con el muñeco en un arbusto siguiendo gente

está muy lejos de ser un Assassin's Creed como AC2 y Brotherhood
  11. Mar 14, 2017
    First ever Assassins Creed game I'd played and I was both surprised (pleasantly) and disappointed. The game looks pretty despite being a last-gen game and was easy enough to get involved in and find joy. I liked going around destroying things, fighting, upgrading my ship, etc etc it's fun...but it gets repetitive. The main missions, in particular, are far more of a chore than a pleasureFirst ever Assassins Creed game I'd played and I was both surprised (pleasantly) and disappointed. The game looks pretty despite being a last-gen game and was easy enough to get involved in and find joy. I liked going around destroying things, fighting, upgrading my ship, etc etc it's fun...but it gets repetitive. The main missions, in particular, are far more of a chore than a pleasure and something you do laboriously to progress the game as opposed to being intrigued by the story.

The open world aspect is were the game shines - I just wish it was a bit more expansive (i.e. possibilty of changing ships, more extensive upgrades, etc) - the main game is the boring part (collecting tons of pointless things, doing boring stealthy missions). I also found the controls to be far from perfect, lots of incorrect inputs or unwanted actions. The parkour aspect also malfuncions and glitches from time to time, not game breaking by any means, but frequent enough to grate.

It is a decent game overall - the sad thing is the potenial it has - if this was realised we could be talking about an absolute classic. Instead it is a decent game but a near-miss - I picked my copy up during the black friday deals so paid less than US$10 - at that price it is worth a look - at full retail price I think probably not.
  12. Mar 6, 2017
    This might be the best Assassin's Creed game i have ever played. I didn't think they could make this work before launch but i was well wrong on that one. This is a modern masterpiece, a must play game on any system it's on.
  13. Mar 6, 2017
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag builds upon all of the strengths that made the titles fun. Exploration, a thought provoking twist on pirate history, Ship battles and navigation, along with the total assassin moveset.

Edward's journey is a majestic adventure that gives great respect to the world of Caribbean piracy in the 18th century. Simply sailing along the waves while the crew sings a tune, truly immerses you into the world and shows how much love was put into this title.

Lots to explore, with plenty of missions to challenge your assassin abilities. Probably the best entry in the series, with Ezio's story beating it out if you combined all three of the titles.
  14. Feb 18, 2017
    This game is trying to be uncharted and sea dog but it makes it even better. The plot in the Assassin's Creed series is finally more darker then it used to be. I liked it even more then the second part.
  15. Feb 15, 2017
    An epic adventure. Filled with piracy and excitement while also being charming with it's main cast. Combine that with it's attention to detail and excellent world building and you got yourself a grand adventure.
  16. Feb 13, 2017
    “Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag”
    Pros
    Great gameplay Good grafics Good story line Very fun to play Cons Can scare younger players “Assassin's creed 4” is one of the best assassins creed game so far. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are great, and the storyline is one you want to play over and over. Starting of as a pirate named Edward Kenway you come to see what you truly want
    “Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag”
    Pros
    Great gameplay
    Good grafics
    Good story line
    Very fun to play
    Cons
    Can scare younger players

“Assassin's creed 4” is one of the best assassins creed game so far. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are great, and the storyline is one you want to play over and over. Starting of as a pirate named Edward Kenway you come to see what you truly want in life and to wake up and find out you were in the animus, a machine that shows you what you ancestors did and saw in there life time.

The setting is early 1800s in the bahamas. The weird thing about the game is it talks more about being a pirate than an assassin, which the name of the game is called assassins creed. There is a lot of sneaking around in the game as well as taking down enemy ships. You go on a path of finding the observatory in the simulation to find it in the real world.

The story line makes more sense when you play from the first game, but it is still fun to play without all that. So overall I give it a 5/5 star rating, The age group i recommend it to would be 12 years and up. It can be scary to younger gamers.

So over all it is a great game, but it might not suit some people. And I’m not saying if you have a child this is the greatest game ever for them. But if you are older and like action adventure, and love a good story you should try “assassins creed 4 black flag”. This is my favorite game out of the series to play and i feel like anyone can like it to.
  17. Feb 1, 2017
    An excellent addition to the series. Beautifully presented. Captivating environment. Missions put you you work if you want to achieve the top rating (sync). Shines as a stealth game, however you can approach this game with a variety of ways,you can focus on the main mission or ignore it for a while, so many things to do. A bit repetitive , but remember you are a pirate and you have to takeAn excellent addition to the series. Beautifully presented. Captivating environment. Missions put you you work if you want to achieve the top rating (sync). Shines as a stealth game, however you can approach this game with a variety of ways,you can focus on the main mission or ignore it for a while, so many things to do. A bit repetitive , but remember you are a pirate and you have to take down ships, lots of ships. Side missions are interesting cause every contract has a back story(with some exceptions to, there are worthless missions), it's not exactly grind to win.

The downside is the repetitiveness and some time consuming not worth your time side missions or contracts. The point is to make money fast. Other than those I recommend the game to all the sand game lovers.
  18. Jan 25, 2017
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag... pirates, islands, shanty, shark hunt. It was great! I enjoyed when I traveled the open world. Yes, this is no typical Assassin's Creed, but it is a good game.
  19. Jan 11, 2017
    Loved this game! So much fun to play and the settings and environments are lush. Loved jumping off high points or sailing around the high seas singing sea shanties. There's a great variety of different piratey things to do in the game. The android companion app was a great addition enabling you to play at other times, but unfortunately the fleet building was too easy to build up largeLoved this game! So much fun to play and the settings and environments are lush. Loved jumping off high points or sailing around the high seas singing sea shanties. There's a great variety of different piratey things to do in the game. The android companion app was a great addition enabling you to play at other times, but unfortunately the fleet building was too easy to build up large amounts of cash so detracted the point from alot of other aspects so dock some points for that....and the combat is simplistic does get a bit boring. Still great just randomly slaughtering loads of red coats in similar vein to GTA. all in all great fun though Expand
  20. Jan 11, 2017
    This installment is a pirate game with little discussion with the Assassin's Creed, but it is definitely a blast to play.

The story may not be appealing at first sight because Edward is all about chasing fortune and making friends to chase more fortune. But then there's redemption of him to have goals as an assassin. That said, it is not the kind of story that I want to go through again because there is little to relate. Modern day story is mediocre and there are only fragments in the emails and secret files. Didn't like the idea of Abstergo Entertainment, sounds ridiculous considering Abstergo is supposed to be just an evil tech company.

Gameplay has somehow more issues. First there are too many tailing and eavesdropping missions (most in the series), I'm glad they improved this in Unity (which they won't desync you if you fail, you can continue at the point that you missed). Sometimes I just failed so miserably over and over again and became frustrated in some horrendously long stealth and kill missions. The highlight must be the naval combat evolved from AC3 to become the main feature in this game which many people and I would like. But it took some time to gain resources to upgrade the ship so as to have an easy playing in the following sequences.

Side missions are repetitive and I think most players would just skip unless too bored or just to seek money and resources.

Details: Love the folk songs when driving the ship. It could be a really good album if all songs were put into one compilation. Love the story during the credits because the conversation between Edward and his daughter is adorable.

Strong 8.
  21. Jan 2, 2017
    Παρόλο που οι "τρεις μεγάλοι" του software χώρου (Ubisoft, EA, Activision) έχουν κατηγορηθεί στο παρελθόν, ουκ ολίγες φορές, για "αρπαχτές", τα βήματά τους στη νέα γενιά φαίνεται πως έγιναν με περισσότερη προσοχή απ' ότι θα περιμέναμε. Και οι τρεις εταιρίες, μετέφεραν τα projects τους από την προηγούμενη στη νέα γενιά, τίμια και με αξιοπρέπεια. Εμείς, εδώ στο GameOver.gr, σκοπεύουμε ναΠαρόλο που οι "τρεις μεγάλοι" του software χώρου (Ubisoft, EA, Activision) έχουν κατηγορηθεί στο παρελθόν, ουκ ολίγες φορές, για "αρπαχτές", τα βήματά τους στη νέα γενιά φαίνεται πως έγιναν με περισσότερη προσοχή απ' ότι θα περιμέναμε. Και οι τρεις εταιρίες, μετέφεραν τα projects τους από την προηγούμενη στη νέα γενιά, τίμια και με αξιοπρέπεια. Εμείς, εδώ στο GameOver.gr, σκοπεύουμε να καλύψουμε το μεγαλύτερο μέρος των σημαντικών αυτών κυκλοφοριών που "μεταπήδησαν" στα PS4 και Xbox One από τους προκατόχους τους, μιας και τα περισσότερα αξίζουν την όποια επένδυση από την πλευρά των υποψήφιων αγοραστών.

Το πρώτο και σημαντικότερο κατά την άποψη του γράφοντος παιχνίδι, που μεταφέρθηκε στη νέα γενιά, είναι το Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Το GameOver έχει καταθέσει ολοκληρωμένη άποψη για τον τίτλο της Ubisoft εδώ και μερικές εβδομάδες, οπότε στο παρόν κείμενο μην περιμένετε να διαβάσετε για το τι μας άρεσε και τι όχι από το παιχνίδι. Σε αυτές τις γραμμές θα ρίξουμε μια σύντομη ματιά στον οπτικοακουστικό, και γενικότερα, τεχνικό τομέα του νέου Assassin's Creed.

Ο λόγος που δε θα ασχοληθούμε με τα του παιχνιδιού, είναι γιατί ως παιχνίδι το Black Flag του PS4 δε διαφέρει σε τίποτα από τις εκδόσεις των Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U και PC. Για να είμαστε πιο ακριβείς, οι PS3 και PS4 εκδόσεις του τίτλου έχουν αποκλειστικό περιεχόμενο, που αφορά στις τρεις επιπλέον αποστολές της Aveline de Grandpré, που γνωρίσαμε στο Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. Δεν είναι όμως προνόμιο της PS4 έκδοσης, γι' αυτό και δε θα δώσουμε περισσότερο βάρος σε αυτές.

Εκεί, όμως, που υπάρχει φρέσκο περιεχόμενο, είναι στον τεχνικό τομέα. Καταρχάς, η ανάλυση είναι σαφέστατα βελτιωμένη. Αν και το ελαφρύ aliasing συνεχίζει να υφίσταται, κυρίως στα μοντέλα του φόντου, η εικόνα είναι καθαρή και κρυστάλλινη. Το frame rate είναι επίσης βελτιωμένο, που μπορεί να μην πιάνει τα 60 καρέ ανά δευτερόλεπτο, αλλά συνολικά κρατιέται ομαλό και σε ψηλά επίπεδα.

Το polygon count έχει αυξηθεί δραματικά, τα textures των μοντέλων και των αντικειμένων είναι ευκρινέστερα και αισθητά πιο όμορφα, ενώ και τα particle effects (φωτιά, καπνοί, ομίχλη κ.α.) εμφανίζονται αρκετά πιο ρεαλιστικά. Σημαντική βελτίωση έχει υποστεί και η μηχανή φυσικής. Πλέον τα φυτά αλληλεπιδρούν με τον κεντρικό πρωταγωνιστή, την ώρα που τα νεκρά σώματα των αντιπάλων, καθώς και τα όπλα που αφήνουν πίσω τους, υπακούουν με περισσότερη ευλάβεια στους νόμους του Νεύτωνα. Επιπροσθέτως, χάρμα οφθαλμών είναι τα βελτιωμένα κύματα και η θάλασσα γενικότερα, ενώ το draw distance έχει αυξηθεί και αυτό κατά πολύ.

Δεν είναι όμως μόνο τα γραφικά βελτιωμένα, αλλά και ο ήχος. Δοκιμάζοντας τον τίτλο στο PS3 και αμέσως μετά σε DTS 5.1 στο PS4, η αλλαγή που παρατηρήσαμε στα ηχητικά εφέ και στην ποιότητα του surround ήχου γενικότερα, είναι κάτι παραπάνω από εμφανής.
  22. Dec 21, 2016
    This is an awesome game!! simply put: Assassin's Creed 4 is different than it's predecessor in a good way. With the addition of tactical and rewarding Naval combat, long open seas and epic land combat AC4 becomes an experience unlike no other. It finally brings justice to pirate history and does not stereotype pirates as angry bearded men with peg legs and eye patches (well not all ofThis is an awesome game!! simply put: Assassin's Creed 4 is different than it's predecessor in a good way. With the addition of tactical and rewarding Naval combat, long open seas and epic land combat AC4 becomes an experience unlike no other. It finally brings justice to pirate history and does not stereotype pirates as angry bearded men with peg legs and eye patches (well not all of them anyway) but as poor and daring men looking for a better life and adventure! And there is ton to be had as you are allowed to fully explore the map once you progress through the story, use classical pirate-era equipment like flintlocks and scimitars, even deck out and customize your own ship and recruit a crew. You will be fighting many superpowers, secret organization and other pirates on your journey only group you are not allowed to kill are civilians and domestic animals which to me seems like a wasted opportunity; I get that AC doesn't want to be like GTA but what's the harm done if we could stab that annoying character that keeps getting in our way besides if civilians were allowed to be harmed it would have made the experience more rewarding. Expand
  23. Nel
    Dec 10, 2016
    Classic Assasin's creed game, usually don't disappoint, and this one didn't do it either. The game has several fun and different modes you can do, and is a vast game there is potential to spend several hours just exploring and collecting things.
  24. Nov 29, 2016
    That is Very Good But i wish we can Kill Normal People.
    SMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMSSMMS
  25. Nov 24, 2016
    Un excellent jeu ! Mécaniquement puissant et brillant

Un excellent jeu ! Mécaniquement puissant et brillant

Selon moi assassin's creed black flag est le plus fort de la série côté mécanique gameplay. Le système de chasse, la customisation de bateaux, la navigation fluide sur terre et sur mer( à l'exception de quelques sauts ratés d'un navire a l'autre), les visées automatiques et j'en oublie plusieurs!... font en sorte que le jeu se diversifie d'une situation à l'autre.

Côté graphique l'on peut ressentir un peu que ce jeu est à la base pour la ps3. Ca n'équivaut pas les jeux plus récent que l'on voit sur le marché et ca n'arrive pas à la cheville du port de skyrim sur ps4 où plusieurs éléments graphiques ont été remplacé/modifié. Cela dit, ca n'enlève rien à la qualité du jeu. Il reste tout de même impressionnant lorsque l'on se trouve en hauteur.

Les points les plus faibles selon moi sont l'histoire, la répétition des décors d'une île à l'autre et la monotonie du personnage principale.
    L'histoire n'amène rien de nouveau dans la série des assassins j'ai eu du mal à faire le lien entre les épisodes précédents. Je ne veux pas spolier alors je n'en dit pas plus.
    Pour ce qui est des décors, je trouve que contrairement au épisode précédent les différentes locations se ressembles toutes. Il n'y a pas de "wow" lorsque l'on arrive sur une nouvelle île où bien une nouvelle ville. TOUT se ressemble.
    Le personnage principal est plutôt inintéressant... sont histoire n'est pas très embalente et son préambule laisse à désirer. Rien à voir avec Ezio ou même Connor des épisodes 2 et 3.

Pour terminer, je crois que ce jeux mérite un 9/10 sur ps3 du à son impressionnante qualité autant graphique que gameplay. Cependant cette review est pour ps4. -1 pour le port un peu paresseux sur la current gen.
    Pour mon opinion personnel, je crois que Ubisoft tien une solide mécanique de gameplay et qu'il devrait exploiter plus le monde des pirates en dehors de l'univers des assassins. J'attends avec impatience un jeu comme celui ci sans les assassins.
  26. Nov 24, 2016
    A fabulous game, for anyone who hasn't played this yet you will have fun with it. It has what a lot of games don't have that have just come out....content !! there is plenty to do, collect, modify & build. The pirate aspect of this works so well, the world is massive and there are little secret gems all over the place. There are a few repetitive missions or asks of you but on the whole ifA fabulous game, for anyone who hasn't played this yet you will have fun with it. It has what a lot of games don't have that have just come out....content !! there is plenty to do, collect, modify & build. The pirate aspect of this works so well, the world is massive and there are little secret gems all over the place. There are a few repetitive missions or asks of you but on the whole if you switch between the campaign missions, side missions and general exploration you will find a great balanced game. Likeable characters and good graphics ( I cant get over people giving this game a 0 because it doesn't have tomb raider graphics ??) gameplay is solid a few glitches but with a huge open world like this its forgivable. IMO one of the best all rounded games and immensely fun which is after all what you are playing it for ! Expand
  27. Oct 12, 2016
    This has to be my favorite game ever made. Its just soooooo fun and there is so much to do and explore. It is my fav of the franchise and that says a lot considering how good AC2 is.
  28. Oct 7, 2016
    The problem with all the AC games is that they will always have mixed opinions. Looking at this from an open world perspective, what you can do, how much you can do, how fun it is to do it, and how long it takes to complete it, this game is excellent. However, the story is disappointing and any hardcore fans of the series will not like the different abstergo storyline setup. Overall, it isThe problem with all the AC games is that they will always have mixed opinions. Looking at this from an open world perspective, what you can do, how much you can do, how fun it is to do it, and how long it takes to complete it, this game is excellent. However, the story is disappointing and any hardcore fans of the series will not like the different abstergo storyline setup. Overall, it is a huge step up from the controversial AC3. This is a very good game overall, highly recommendable. However, if you go into it with the same story expectations as AC2, or sandbox open world expectations as GTA series, you will be disappointed. Do not let the negatives change your mind though. This is a very good game, and at the end of the day, it's fun exploring the large historical open worlds, doing crazy stuff and blowing things up. Expand
  29. Sep 28, 2016
    Assasin's Creed: Black Flag is an ambitious and well constructed game, that offers decent combat and an immersive landscape, but ultimately devolves into a nearly impossible grind.
    If you like pirates, then this game is definitely worth checking out at least. A gripping seafaring soundtrack, excellent world design and perfect renditions of notorious historical figures brings the authenticity level insanely high. As Edward Kenway, you are able to do all of the things one would want in a pirate game, like sword fighting, gambling, finding treasure, and even boarding ships. Nothing is greater than wearing down an enemy ship's defenses, boarding it, and climbing the rigging to reach the enemy flag, and cutting it off of the mast.
    With all that said, the rest of the game is unfortunately pretty mediocre. The story is so disconnected, because of so many objectives that are not narrative based that it can be hard to really care about the the characters, and what's happening to them. Also, rather than play as Edward Kenway, you actually playing as some random guy, living through the memories of Edward Kenway. For some reason, they thought it was a good Idea to give this Random Guy missions as well, which generally consist of walking around, and giving a file to someone, or downloading something from a certain computer, It's really quite boring, when all you really want to do is slice the crap out of some royal soldiers.
    AC4 offers decent fighting, but nothing really interesting. The first couple battles are cool, but you eventually get used to it, and basically as long as you keep pressing circle and square, you are fine. The parkour mechanics are cool, but really, how many shanty towns usually have dudes running on rooftops? come on now.
    While the melee controls are decent, the stealth mechanics are the worst in any game I've ever played. There is no way to crouch, or take cover, the only option is blending with people, bushes, and unusually common haywagons. This seems to be a game where the general idea is to rush in slicing and dicing, until nobody is left, which is all well and good, unless the game requires you stay hidden. Trying to sneak into an enemy fortress, is nearly impossible when the game desynchronizes as soon as anyone sees you. This was the most dissapointing part of the game, because I know Ubisoft is capable of some killer stealth gameplay. The most recent splinter cell installment was hands down the best stealth i've ever played. AC4 is awful in comparison.
    Most of the side objectives, raiding ships, forts, and looking for treasure are fun the first time but past that very boring and formulaic. Naval contracts are mostly impossible, and leave the player feeling pretty bored.
    I almost wish that AC4 was a rail based game, or perhaps made in the "wide-linear" style. There is quite simply too much going on to get into the game. Were it a more spontaneous story with the elements of this game incorporated into it, it would have been far more engaging.
  30. Sep 20, 2016
    I borrowed this from my friend and played this game till the end.the story was amazing,nice characters,amazing graphics I remember playing this game for hours.buy it for not more than 20$.
  31. Sep 6, 2016
    Second worst experience of my life only behind turning up to Keith Vaz's house with no poppers. Dated and stale game-play and hideously boring missions. But hey, you get to sing sea shanties so it gets one point.
  32. Aug 15, 2016
    It's the pirates of the Caribbean game Disney never made. Simply awesome, granted it took me about 5 hours before i got the swing of things but once i did i was away. It took me around 200 hours to complete this game 100% and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it, the only thing that i didn't like was the sneaking stuff, just not my thing. I would say though if you didn't like the otherIt's the pirates of the Caribbean game Disney never made. Simply awesome, granted it took me about 5 hours before i got the swing of things but once i did i was away. It took me around 200 hours to complete this game 100% and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it, the only thing that i didn't like was the sneaking stuff, just not my thing. I would say though if you didn't like the other assassin's creed games then pick this up because it's nothing really like them and it is a unique game in itself. The story was good until the last quarter of the game and then it was brilliant. The visuals was pretty good especially the sea, the ships blasting each other and boarding them never gets old, the characters and voice acting is great and the fighting in close quarters is fun similar to the batman arkham series. All together the best pirate game I've ever played. Expand
  33. Jul 2, 2016
    I stuck it through to the end though with much toil. Play the game mindlessly and you’re in for half (or less) of a treat.

STRENUOUSLY dull. Repetitive map layouts. Repetitive missions. Rinse and repeat gameplay. An unfortunate feat for what is actually quite a beautiful game. Shoddy story-telling. Didn’t know what was happening most of the time. Didn’t care for half the characters.

Virtually sail your life away.

ON the UP side, however, being a pirate is rewardingly cool. Voice accents are pulled off well. There are one liners here and there which will have you with a fist in the air, spouting, aye aye cap’n for sure, that was me.

“At the edge of a blade, I find a friend in you at last…”
  34. Jun 30, 2016
    Quite simply the best assassins creed to date. The game seems to have so much more character than the others and this seems to totally immerse into the game. The Caribbean/Pirate setting is a work of genius. It's a good looking game that's extremely vivid in terms mood and graphics. An absolute blast !!
  35. May 14, 2016
    Simply the best Assassin's Creed out there.
    If you still haven't played it, you are missing some good ****

Now we are ready to head for the Horn,
    Way, ay, roll an' go!
    Our boots an' our clothes boys are all in the pawn,
    Timme rollickin' randy dandy O!

......
    Very good memories...
  36. May 11, 2016
    AC Black Flag was one of my favorite installments. I really think this one shined where AC III kind of flopped. The story alone is a wonderful one and really captures the greed of Edward Kenway and how it was more important than family, even though he was doing it for his wife. The pirate ship battles were great and very enticing but at some points they became a bit repetitive but all inAC Black Flag was one of my favorite installments. I really think this one shined where AC III kind of flopped. The story alone is a wonderful one and really captures the greed of Edward Kenway and how it was more important than family, even though he was doing it for his wife. The pirate ship battles were great and very enticing but at some points they became a bit repetitive but all in all it was a great. If you're a fan of the AC series and also a fan of pirates than this game is definitely for you. I give it an 8 out of 10 just because some parts are repetitive but I've come to expect that out of Ubisoft, sadly. Expand
  37. Mar 27, 2016
    Ultimo jogo bom da franquia. Sem mais ..................................................................................................................
  38. Mar 20, 2016
    Looking back this is probably the peak for this franchise. Giving full control of the ship is a master stroke. The setting is really good and I even learnt a little about the period.
  39. Mar 14, 2016
    Main character is terrible bored, badly written with combination very stupid story. After that side this is one of worst game on ps4 what i played yet. Age of pirates never fascinate me. This game not change it.
  40. Mar 10, 2016
    The worst Assassin's Creed game ever. Player controls, level design, AI, glitches everywhere... one of the worst games I've ever played.. can't remember worse right now.
  41. Mar 9, 2016
    This is the only Assassin's Creed series game i've played so far and i really enjoyed it! The vast open world is really cool to explore and the sea battles are fun! The main storyline is well written and the missions are creative. The story outside the nexus is kind of boring.. The multiplayer mode is boring and i think there are trophies in the game just to make us play it!
  42. Mar 7, 2016
    Compared to other new games this one has so many advantages, not only the exploration part but the atmospheric scenes and generally a pirate experience.Althought I didn't like the end of the story too cliche.
  43. Mar 4, 2016
    Assassins Creed IV Black Flag this is the best assassins creed game **** those people who hate this game it doesnt desrve that it had a great story amazing deatail and they realy make good job beetween the assassins and pirates u play as the badass edward kennway which is better than that weak conner the had a massive map its very big they throwing on it alot of exllent side mission andAssassins Creed IV Black Flag this is the best assassins creed game **** those people who hate this game it doesnt desrve that it had a great story amazing deatail and they realy make good job beetween the assassins and pirates u play as the badass edward kennway which is better than that weak conner the had a massive map its very big they throwing on it alot of exllent side mission and cool combat system satesfing gameplay if you are a huge fan for the franchise so this is the game to pickup its worth uour its worth 60 dollaars shut the **** up and pickitup **** Expand
  44. Mar 2, 2016
    The combat & parkour are still awful, just like in the whole series. These guys really beed to playing Dying Light to see how well parkour can be done (albeit from 1st person). Thankfully, the pirate sailing parts are wonderful. And the pirate parts of the plot are nice, and the main character is genuinely likable. But all of the standard Assassin's Creed parts are the worst parts. IThe combat & parkour are still awful, just like in the whole series. These guys really beed to playing Dying Light to see how well parkour can be done (albeit from 1st person). Thankfully, the pirate sailing parts are wonderful. And the pirate parts of the plot are nice, and the main character is genuinely likable. But all of the standard Assassin's Creed parts are the worst parts. I wish they'd just made a non-AC pirate game. Expand
  45. Feb 26, 2016
    Bought the original AC when it released for the PS3. It was new and so awesome. I remember being impressed by the graphics and how Altair walks pass pedestrians. So cool at the time never before seen in a video game I guess. Didn't have a good story and the gameplay was so repetitive. But the game was fresh and innovative. Few years later bought AC Revelations. Returned it the next dayBought the original AC when it released for the PS3. It was new and so awesome. I remember being impressed by the graphics and how Altair walks pass pedestrians. So cool at the time never before seen in a video game I guess. Didn't have a good story and the gameplay was so repetitive. But the game was fresh and innovative. Few years later bought AC Revelations. Returned it the next day cause it was pretty much the same thing. Wasn't interested in the setting as well. Graphics and gameplay didn't change much and boy the characters are unlikable like the first one. Skipped the rest. Then I bought the PS4 and there were so few games available. So I decided to buy Black Flag.

"It's Assassin's Creed so of course it's going to be based on the same mechanics. Idiot." Ok well this time Ubisoft added quite alot. It has a larger world map and you can go around assaulting forts, establishing settlements, treasure hunting and omg ship battles. The world is beautiful too as you sail across from island to island. The problem is it's still too familiar. Why can't Ubisoft make a pirate game as a separate IP. Because having the AC linked to it, you'll be dealing with the repetitive gameplay of stalking, eavedropping, chasing, climbing and dealing with dumb ai opponents. Over and over since the first game. Adding rpg elements like upgrading perks and weapons is a plus. Being open-world is also a good thing too. But why can't we create our character? The main character in BF is boring. So was Altair and that Italian old man. But overall, I came back and I just feel if I didn't really enjoy the core gameplay of the original AC, Black Flag is the same game + and therefore I won't like it.

So what can I say? It is a good game if you are new to the franchise. If you played a few AC installments before and you didn't like them (like me), don't expect there to be much difference in Black Flag. Please Ubisoft, make the next Assassin's Creed set in China or Japan. Somewhere exotic. Not the same thing again like England, France cause they're nothing special, really.
  46. Feb 10, 2016
    I was never a fan of the Assassin's Creed games, until now. What was it about this game that changed my mind. Friggin' pirates! My absolute favourite aspect of this game was the naval combat and just sailing in general. Even when the fast travel option was available, I often found myself hopping on my boat to sail there instead. I could spend 30 minutes just sitting there listening to myI was never a fan of the Assassin's Creed games, until now. What was it about this game that changed my mind. Friggin' pirates! My absolute favourite aspect of this game was the naval combat and just sailing in general. Even when the fast travel option was available, I often found myself hopping on my boat to sail there instead. I could spend 30 minutes just sitting there listening to my crew sing their sea-songs as we travelled past beautiful coastline and island villages. There was something thoroughly relaxing about the experience, something I have experienced in very few games to this date, and I was happy to indulge my time. The game itself followed the classic Assassin's Creed formula, albeit in a more appealing setting. The combat and parkour mechanics were simplistic but adequately satisfying. All-in-all, having wasted over 100 hours in this game, I can say I enjoyed my time immensley. Expand
  47. Feb 8, 2016
    This addition to the series is terrible. It was good for the first couple of hours, but it became extremely repetitive. The main story to Assassin's Creed, the one I've been wanting to finish, has been completely ignored and is not included to the game. This is the first Assassin's Creed game I didn't finish, and is the last game I'm purchasing. Since they aren't going to finish the story,This addition to the series is terrible. It was good for the first couple of hours, but it became extremely repetitive. The main story to Assassin's Creed, the one I've been wanting to finish, has been completely ignored and is not included to the game. This is the first Assassin's Creed game I didn't finish, and is the last game I'm purchasing. Since they aren't going to finish the story, I regret buying all of the previous games. Thank you for destroying what was once the best video game series I've played. Expand
  48. Jan 30, 2016
    A fun action-movie romp, with too much focus in the animus, and honestly, a pirate game in an Assassin's Creed skin. Doesn't really utilize the power of the PS4 due to being on all the old consoles.
  49. Jan 23, 2016
    amazing game to have in your collection, naval combat better than any game, and I highly recommend it for gift, or for yourself ... what are you waiting for, get it
  50. Jan 23, 2016
    okay this assasins creed game it not assasins creed it is pirate creed . it is so annoying that it has only five swords and five guns and it has a ton of upgrades for the creepy ship of yours . this game loose direction . it is just a defferent game . it is a nice game but it steel dessapointing me .
  51. Jan 5, 2016
    Awesome game! Land and sea battles are epic. If you are a fan of the series, this is definitely a must buy. Graphics were improved compared to previous consoles.
  52. Dec 12, 2015
    what the...? how did I miss this game?
    what the...? how did I miss this game?
    My buddy just let me borrow his copy and he was amazed that I had never played the AC series. I did play the original, back on the XBOX, but I remember getting bored pretty quickly. It was just a bit too linear for my style. I also couldn't get past the Animus thing - it felt like an unnecessary element that kept getting in the way of my fun. I know it's "essential" to the story - but couldn't the series just offer up the games now without the whole Animus part now? I mean, the series is well established and I just don't see how that part adds anything to the game. I'm sure hard core fans will disagree....anyhow ACBF is amazing - it feels much more open and free so I'm going to give the franchise another shot.
    Story - 8
    Graphics - 9
    Gameplay/Combat - 8
  53. Dec 9, 2015
    The best Assassin's Creed game made so far. I find the annualized titles in general to disappoint more than impress, but this game added some great things to make the game much more playable and enjoyable.

Pirate assassin. Enough said. The pirate parts of the games with the boat and island hopping is a mechanic I love and reminds me a lot of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Largest map I have played in an Assassin's Creed game by far, and that allowed for a lot of exploration in your shiny new boat!

On the negative side, you do have to remember this is yet another Assassin's Creed game. the gameplay is repeated as usual, but I like the smooth combat and movement a lot. This is the Assassin's Creed to bring back a story worth playing through.

In closing, if you only wanted to play one AC game, I would highly recommend this one. Glad Ubisoft finally made something a little new, and hope they continue the trend!

8.0/10
  54. Dec 3, 2015
    This was my first assassin's creed game (sorry other fans) and I thought it was pretty good, the graphics and the parkour and gameplay were all great!!! Especially the naval battles, those were hella fun!!!! The bad is that it's super easy like i can be fighting like 50 guys and it's a piece of cake all you got to press is the counter button and attack button the whole time over and overThis was my first assassin's creed game (sorry other fans) and I thought it was pretty good, the graphics and the parkour and gameplay were all great!!! Especially the naval battles, those were hella fun!!!! The bad is that it's super easy like i can be fighting like 50 guys and it's a piece of cake all you got to press is the counter button and attack button the whole time over and over and some of the locations look the same. But it's definitely worth buying. It's a gorgeous game. Expand
  55. Nov 14, 2015
    A classic Assassin's Creed, with the same qualities and drawbacks. It is still beautiful and immersive, but the limited gameplay and the repetitive missions/objectives/collectibles are still there too. The last straw is the ship gameplay, which is less good than AC3 (naval battles are less strategic and interesting mechanics disappear). In a nutshell, it is pleasant to play but not reallyA classic Assassin's Creed, with the same qualities and drawbacks. It is still beautiful and immersive, but the limited gameplay and the repetitive missions/objectives/collectibles are still there too. The last straw is the ship gameplay, which is less good than AC3 (naval battles are less strategic and interesting mechanics disappear). In a nutshell, it is pleasant to play but not really exciting. Expand
  56. Nov 1, 2015
    Great visuals. Great concept with the pirate/assassin story. Would really give this a higher score if I didn't play its predecessors. It got repetitive. Back then, I enjoyed assassinating and sneaking around but now it just made me realize that I have been playing the the games every release and it has bored me. Don't get me wrong, AC4 Black Flag has great visuals, great interactionGreat visuals. Great concept with the pirate/assassin story. Would really give this a higher score if I didn't play its predecessors. It got repetitive. Back then, I enjoyed assassinating and sneaking around but now it just made me realize that I have been playing the the games every release and it has bored me. Don't get me wrong, AC4 Black Flag has great visuals, great interaction between being an assassin and being a pirate. I really do enjoyed the pirate thing. But again it has been repetitive in ways I cannot explain. Would still recommend this if your new to the Assassin's Creed franchise but for people who played the past games I may not recommend this. Expand
  57. Oct 26, 2015
    Look, i don't need to write a long review to tell you this: Go buy this game right now if you don't already have it cause it's one of the best and and most enjoyable games that i have ever played, and probably ever will play. It is a flat out masterpiece in the fun factor.
  58. Oct 26, 2015
    Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag is easily the best game I have ever played! With a story that separates itself from its Assassins VS Templars concept for a more adventurist story of the pirate and Assassin, Edward Kenway. The music in this is amazing, the gameplay is amazing, the story is lengthy and interesting, and the vibe it creates is beautiful and there is nothing better then sailingAssassins Creed 4 Black Flag is easily the best game I have ever played! With a story that separates itself from its Assassins VS Templars concept for a more adventurist story of the pirate and Assassin, Edward Kenway. The music in this is amazing, the gameplay is amazing, the story is lengthy and interesting, and the vibe it creates is beautiful and there is nothing better then sailing into the sunset as your crew sings shanties, not to mention its massive amount of side missions that even after 100 hours you still won't have finished all of them. An easy 10/10 Expand
  59. Sep 30, 2015
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is undoubtedly the worst Assassin's Creed installment in the franchise.

It saddens a long-time Assassin's Creed fan to see that so many pseudo fans and sham reviewers continue to praise this game incessantly, with the general claim that "Black Flag is great because being a pirate and sailing the ocean blue is awesome! A great pirate action-adventure game!" This is precisely why this game is rubbish — it's fraudulent. I bought this game knowing that I would have to be a pirate—and quite frankly didn't mind the idea of being one—but thinking that I would still predominantly be an Assassin, as the main title on the cover is "[Assassin's] Creed IV". I was wrong; the subtitle sadly has much, much higher precedence than the aforementioned main one; in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, YOU DO NOT PLAY AS AN ASSASSIN AT ALL. Neither from a story perspective or a gameplay one.

Edward Kenway was marketed as a "A Pirate Trained By Assassins". That tagline is far and away deceitful and out of sync with the storyline and the real origins of Edward's skills. Let's just say that Edward's tenure as an Assassin is momentary at best. For nearly the entire duration of the game, you will be playing as a pirate, plundering ships as you will and fighting for a liberated Pirate Republic alongside prominent sailors of the Golden Age of Piracy. That's all fine and dandy... if you want to only play as a pirate in a game marketed under the franchise name "[Assassin's] Creed". Do not—I repeat DO NOT—expect to play as an Assassin in this Assassin's Creed title. See how oxymoronic that sounds? Well, that's precisely what Assassin's Creed IV is — a glorified and fraudulent oxymoron in the form of a video game.

Despite the obvious focus on piracy and open conflict, a rudimentary, mock stealth system has been implemented to ensure that the game isn't a complete scam. You are equipped with an inadequate and poorly-designed stealth implementation, yet still expected to go through some missions undetected. This shoddy attempt to incorporate an Assassin experience is only further hindered by the abysmal level design, which clearly lends itself towards open conflict. Assassin's Creed IV's main missions are surprisingly more linear than its predecessors' and have little to no variation; you'll either be working as best you can with the horrendous stealth implementation while tailing or sneaking on land or recursively immobilizing and boarding ships on the high seas. Either way, you will be met with a slew of missions containing very little variation and even less focus on any variant of stealth whatsoever — that is to say that social stealth is well-nigh non-existent in this game.

Edward Kenway is a nice addition and is quite a likeable character, in a one-dimensional way, however. He's likeable by virtue of being a prototypical pirate — greedy, rebellious and selfish. Besides also being one of the funnier Assassins in the series, that's really all there is to like about him. Edward severely lacks the substance of his Assassin forerunners (Altaïr and Ezio) and his story isn't even remotely an interesting one; it's more entertaining than it is compelling or inspiring. His character development has no pace and occurs at the turn of a dime towards the game's conclusion, and as such, felt rushed and forced more than anything. Overall, Edward Kenway is an enjoyable character deprived of the quality and substance that made his predecessors (chronologically; not including Connor) memorable.

In conclusion, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is neither a good pirate or Assassin's Creed game, though the severe lack of the former seems to be a prominent reason as to why this game is being treated as the savior of the franchise. In truth, it is the ground zero of the series' demise, in which all following games will consist of repetitive open conflict and mundane stealth sequences; the death of [Assassin's] Creed and birth of [Fighter's] Creed, if you will.

If you aren't a true fan of Assassin's Creed and want a primitive, pirating simulator rather than a stealth-orientated, assassination simulator, you will like this game.
  60. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game looks absolutely amazing and excels with the sheer sense of scope. Giving this a 10 to counter some of the frankly absurd 0s that I have been seeing. To rate this a 0 takes a troll of the highest caliber and likely someone who has never actually played the game. If you do not like this game fine, but to say its not a well crafted and enjoyable game seems bizarre to me. My favorite setting of all Assassin's creed games hands down. They have captured the Caribbean in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible and the share feature of the PS4 has been put to great use with one stunning vista after another. Expand
  61. Aug 28, 2015
    Best Assassins Creed to date. Although the sea adventures are somewhat drawn out and overdone the overall gameplay is excellent. The Next-Gen Engine also creates a stunning world to play in. The only other thing that holds this game back is the mediocre AI intelligence, other than that it is a captivating must play title
  62. Aug 21, 2015
  63. Jul 31, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. every year a new AC.. after brotherhood this game is a disaster. ubisoft is a nice **** money-taking company. the only think about black flag that i like was the pirate ship, Battleships. Expand
  64. Jul 1, 2015
    Ok, maybe this game is not for fans of the serie because it adds just so little content to the saga. But if you can abstract from that, the game has a lot of effort, you have combat, stealth, graphics, open world, islands, sailing!! There is a lot to do in this game, a lot of cities to discover. This game is the best AC technically speaking.
  65. Jun 30, 2015
    After AC II there has not been another AC game as good it was. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is breaking the streak. This game is the best AC game with AC II. Great gameplay mechanics, huge open world that you can roam freely with your boat. AC III gave a hint of the naval combat, but they were saving it for this game. The naval combat is amazing. The story is long once again and it feelsAfter AC II there has not been another AC game as good it was. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is breaking the streak. This game is the best AC game with AC II. Great gameplay mechanics, huge open world that you can roam freely with your boat. AC III gave a hint of the naval combat, but they were saving it for this game. The naval combat is amazing. The story is long once again and it feels great. Edward Kenway is just as witty and badass as Ezio was in his youth.

And the present day stuff is not boring either. This game has the least of present day stuff compared to the other games in the series. They have also completely innovated the present day system and it was actually fun to go back to the present day every once in a while after playing with pirates in the 1800th century.

(I played this game when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  66. Jun 13, 2015
    Black Flag: The Pirate Simulator.

Black Flag: The Pirate Simulator.

This game doesn't feel like an Assassin's Creed game at all. You spend most of your time sailing around shooting ships. The actual story is one of the worst scripted games I've ever played. The character arcs are ridiculous and nonsensical, the characters themselves are boring and uninteresting, the 'twists are predictable and again uninteresting (e.g Mary).

The game feels unfinished and abandoned, with bugs and issues such as characters becoming invisible during missions so then you have to restart, or the uplay integration not working at all, and therefore syncing with the much drummed-up Android companion app just not happening.

Developers literally gave up on the game once it was out the door.

Trying as hard as I can to forget this was an Assassins Creed game, and to try to enjoying it for what it is (Pirate Simulator) it's still impossible to actually get much enjoyment for this game. Each pointless and dull story mission doesn't seem to really go anywhere, showing 'rate this mission feedback' prompt after every game chapter... note to developers, this is an annoying enough prompt on Android or iOS, keep the crap away from consoles.

The link from this game to the rest of the series is almost non-existent, the over-saturation of Americanism that Ubisoft have forced on to the series really takes it toll by this game, it was heavy-handed in AC3, but playable, and Liberation at least had a good story to tell, but Black Flag really just has no point being American, the whole world had sailors and pilots, yet it just highlights how Ubisoft were appealing only to the American Market.

So far this is the worst in the series, and with Unity opened and ready next to the tv, I fear what I am to expect for this game. Such a great series ruined for no particular reason.

Onto the visuals. Obviously the best looking AC game so far (as technology dictates) but the ridiculous frequency of hurricanes and rain storms outweighs the pretty environments, and the joy of sailing around.

The mini games are tedious and feel very forced into the game. The Kenwood Fleet battles are repetitive and boring, just select any decent ship you've taken and it'll give you a 100% success rate...so why even bother playing? The diving sub-levels are horribly frustrating, trying to swim around 8-10 sharks when they can easily swim twice the speed you can, with no way to defend yourself, whilst avoiding jellyfish and spiky urchins in narrow passages, while dodging pillars of rock as currents drag you through tunnels... not fun in the slightest.

Even swimming in the original tomb raider game was more enjoyable than Black Flag, back in 1996. How a game made 18 years later with thousands of games to take influence from - made such a terrible underwater diving sub-game is insane.

All Animus related levels were shallow, boring and terribly limited. No challenge to the 'computer hacking' mini-levels, just trial and error, and Black Flags version of 'the truth secrets' is just pitiful.

If this game was released as a new franchise, not linked to Assassins Creed in any way, with a completely different plot, and direction, with fewer bugs and side characters, and no sub-games, this could've been more like Red Dead Redemption: Pirates. An exploitative experience with bandits (pirates) and attacking wild animals. With a stronger character arc, and a somewhat interesting mix of side characters, this game could've been something memorable. Instead it's just a failure. A failure as a cinematic game, a failure as an Assassin's Creed game, a failure as a captivating experience, and even a failure as a pirate simulator, despite being clearly orientated as trying to be just that.
  67. May 22, 2015
    Think ninja pirates are awesome? The fourth main assassin in the Assassin’s Creed franchise is Edward Kenway, Connor’s grandfather and a pirate of the Caribbean Sea. It could be argued that Black Flag is more of a pirate game than an AC one but I didn’t find myself caring. With a large open Caribbean world filled with things to do and sights to see, this game stands as one of the greatestThink ninja pirates are awesome? The fourth main assassin in the Assassin’s Creed franchise is Edward Kenway, Connor’s grandfather and a pirate of the Caribbean Sea. It could be argued that Black Flag is more of a pirate game than an AC one but I didn’t find myself caring. With a large open Caribbean world filled with things to do and sights to see, this game stands as one of the greatest of all action/adventure games. The story is disappointing but the visuals and gameplay are most definitely not. It’s when you’re not completing main objectives when this game shines brightest. Get into epic naval battles and plunder the ships to upgrade the Jackdaw, jumping on and off your ship any time you want. Take out camps of enemy soldiers with a variety of weapons and tools. Hunt animals such as jaguars, monkeys, and crocodiles or harpoon sharks and whales. Search for sunken treasure. There’s plenty of fun to be had! Expand
  68. May 19, 2015
    It's really a shame, this is my first Assassin's creed game and I was expecting epicness and wonder. Boyyyy I was soo wrong, combat is extremely repetitively easy, you can easily kill pretty much all the enemies without hiding like an assassin. The ship combat was fun though, it was suprisingly enjoyable conquering forts and legendary ships. Pretty graphics is a plus.

Story mode was a

Story mode was a bore, at some point while playing this game I really didn;t get enough motivation to want to finish the game. I don't normally leave bad ratings, because I strongly believe that each and every game has a "wow" factor. Overall, black flag was very disappointing and I expected more from it.
  69. May 17, 2015
    The first Assassin's Creed game I've played and absolutely loved it. The story was capturing and always encouraged me to play on. The gameplay was fluid and not too difficult or repetitive. The open world was great with many places to explore and the added element of sailing the ship, which you desperately tried to collect money to upgrade. To top it all of there was a great soundtrack.The first Assassin's Creed game I've played and absolutely loved it. The story was capturing and always encouraged me to play on. The gameplay was fluid and not too difficult or repetitive. The open world was great with many places to explore and the added element of sailing the ship, which you desperately tried to collect money to upgrade. To top it all of there was a great soundtrack. Enjoyed the game so much I bought the book to find out what happens next, Expand
  70. May 2, 2015
    First off let me start by saying this is in fact a great game and most the reviews here if you read what their complaining about its due to their bad play and not being able to figure out what my 8 year old can..... The game looks great, has the classic Assassins Creed feel for controls, and all the new features keep the game from getting repetitive. Just fully upgrading your ship andFirst off let me start by saying this is in fact a great game and most the reviews here if you read what their complaining about its due to their bad play and not being able to figure out what my 8 year old can..... The game looks great, has the classic Assassins Creed feel for controls, and all the new features keep the game from getting repetitive. Just fully upgrading your ship and property alone is many fun hours.

Again I urge people to try this game out for themselves. Also if we want metacritic to continue to be reliable we ALL need to start marking ratiings on game as unhelpful if their obviously troll reviews. Otherwise developers have no clue what to focus on and a crap game like Unity gets made. 0-2 rating implies the game crashes all the time and is barely functional.
  71. Apr 30, 2015
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a game I enjoyed immensely. It controls and plays better than Assassin’s Creed III and its hard not to enjoy causing all sorts of mayhem on land and sea.
  72. Apr 17, 2015
    This game suffers unfortunately from what I like to call "Out of Place Level Syndrome" This game has no idea what is wants to be. At first it starts as more of an action game where you ride across the seas and plunder ships and kill for blood. And then you're lazily put into these forced stealth missions where you're NOT ALLOWED TO KILL ANYONE. The name of the game is ASSASSIN'S Creed.This game suffers unfortunately from what I like to call "Out of Place Level Syndrome" This game has no idea what is wants to be. At first it starts as more of an action game where you ride across the seas and plunder ships and kill for blood. And then you're lazily put into these forced stealth missions where you're NOT ALLOWED TO KILL ANYONE. The name of the game is ASSASSIN'S Creed. Emphasis on the word ASSASSIN. It's a very nice word. An Assassin is a person who kills, not a person who does't kill because of arbitrary rules. It's only fun for the first 2 hours and after that it's just lazy mission after lazy mission. Don't pick up this game unless you want to pay 40$ for 2 hours of fun. And if you are that person then you're insane. Expand
  73. Apr 14, 2015
    Assassin's Creed 4 is the Pirate game. Graphics are good gameplay is not bad. Story is Mediocre. I like this game but this is not AC game.

My score 7/10
  74. Apr 9, 2015
    ♪♫ Who lives in a pirate ship, over the sea? Edward Kenway! ♪♫ Who lives in a pirate ship, over the sea? Edward Kenway, Edward Kenway, Ed-d-dward Kenway! Sea shanties play a huge role in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (such as the one I attempted to make, sing it using the Spongebob theme), mainly because most of the game you will be sailing your ship. At first, this is fun. After the♪♫ Who lives in a pirate ship, over the sea? Edward Kenway! ♪♫ Who lives in a pirate ship, over the sea? Edward Kenway, Edward Kenway, Ed-d-dward Kenway! Sea shanties play a huge role in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (such as the one I attempted to make, sing it using the Spongebob theme), mainly because most of the game you will be sailing your ship. At first, this is fun. After the first few hours it started to get repetitive for me as I would be doing the same thing; incapacitating a ship, then boarding it. Other than the sea potions, the game also takes place on land. The gameplay is fun for the most part, except for when I started getting bored of sailing my ship. If being a captain of the high seas is your thing, ignore what I said about it being boring. The land portions are entertaining. The story is where this game is weak, you spend the whole story doing something that, for me at least, did not seam very interesting. I had no ambition to play the outside of animus story either as it doesn't really develop into as much as I had hoped. However, the characters are interesting in this game. I was really interested in the lives of Edward's companions, such as Blackbeard; I was also interested in Edward's past. This game rates a 6/10, it is a good game. Expand
  75. Apr 6, 2015
    It's a great game: it has a smooth gameplay (one of the best in the series), however, it just doesn't fit very well in the series. It's a beautiful looking game, and that's why I kept playing it, mostly because of it's aesthetics. The story is well decent, with a much better protagonist than Connor. The reason i'm giving this game an 8 is because of the naval battles. They're fun andIt's a great game: it has a smooth gameplay (one of the best in the series), however, it just doesn't fit very well in the series. It's a beautiful looking game, and that's why I kept playing it, mostly because of it's aesthetics. The story is well decent, with a much better protagonist than Connor. The reason i'm giving this game an 8 is because of the naval battles. They're fun and innovative. And that's what you get with this ame: a one big pirate game. Expand
  76. Mar 29, 2015
    If you are going to spend A LOT of hours with secondary missions fine, but if you just want to go through the main history...be ready to feel frustrated like hell, repeating the same unbalanced ship battle over and over and over.
    Resources to improve your ship are totally crazy, specially metal. And warehouses (where you find metal) don't resupply even if the main history advanced years...pretty pathetic.
  77. Mar 24, 2015
    Pretty good game. The story is interesting but some missions can take many tries to do and can be frustrating. The ship battles and sailing are extremely fun in AC4. The on land parts like freerunning and fights are pretty boring, and its pretty much auto running. You just hold r2 and move the left stick and Edward automatically parkours wherever you point him to go. It has a pretty largePretty good game. The story is interesting but some missions can take many tries to do and can be frustrating. The ship battles and sailing are extremely fun in AC4. The on land parts like freerunning and fights are pretty boring, and its pretty much auto running. You just hold r2 and move the left stick and Edward automatically parkours wherever you point him to go. It has a pretty large world, but feels small because of how fast your ship moves and how large it is. Expand
  78. Mar 23, 2015
    I really wanted to like this game but the lack of control over the character's movement is so bad that I couldn't even get through the first level after the tutorial. He jumps when I intend him to run or walk or while trying to be stealthy - it's exceedingly frustrating.
  79. Mar 22, 2015
    I was pleasantly surprised by the quality experience Black Flag offered after its slightly disappointing predecessor. The naval battles were better than ever before and the new protagonist Edward provides a new breath of fresh air into the series. Gone are the days of monotone ranting! The story and combat changes are thankfully only minor nitpicks for this otherwise great game.
  80. Mar 17, 2015
    Holy crap! I played this game for the first time today and I can't believe what I've been missing! I've never been truly invested in the Assassin's Creed franchise. I played a few of the old games: Assassins Creed 2 and a bit of Revelations. Assassins Creed 2 was fun at times and the graphics were amazing for it's time but I didn't enjoy it as much as I felt I should have done. TheHoly crap! I played this game for the first time today and I can't believe what I've been missing! I've never been truly invested in the Assassin's Creed franchise. I played a few of the old games: Assassins Creed 2 and a bit of Revelations. Assassins Creed 2 was fun at times and the graphics were amazing for it's time but I didn't enjoy it as much as I felt I should have done. The controls were sometimes uncomfortable and both the stealth and the parkour mechanics felt clunky. What's more, the game got rather repetitive and tedious half way through and I never finished it because of this. Assassins Creed Black Flag fixes all of those issues. The controls have been significantly improved so you're only holding down the R2 button instead of R2 and X, and you can now jump. The free running mechanics feel somewhat more fluid and there's much less frustratingly jumping off of tall buildings to your death. Stealth has also been added to, though it's admittedly still not excellent. What makes this game excellent, though, in my opinion is the epic naval battles. I cannot begin to describe how cool these are! There's so much fun to be had in fighting against enemy ships and then boarding them, assassinating the crew and looting their goods. I haven't been able to go back to Assassins Creed 2 because I don't want to play another Assassins Creed that doesn't have this awesome naval combat. Though I consider the sailing and naval battles to be the meat of the game I also had a ton of fun with the other traditional Assassins Creed activities, mostly consisting of finding collectables and climbing to viewpoints. Exploration is heavily rewarded in this game and it has a huge open world that I know will take me a while to fully explore! Finally the story in Assassins Creed Black Flag is great. It is perhaps less engaging than Assassins Creed 2's story but nevertheless has a variety of interesting characters and good writing. If you haven't played this game, pick it up. I've had a love-hate relationship with the Assassins Creed franchise but this game truly blew me away when I first played it. Expand
  81. Feb 14, 2015
    Very much improved over ACIII . Probably the best Creed game to date . The battle action is quicker than III's, and the ship handling is vastly improved . Sailing the ship into a sea battle is really the greatest upgrade to the game. Edward's double swords are awesome in ground fighting , especially the two sword throat slash.
  82. Feb 10, 2015
    I have never been all that much of a fan of the Assassin's Creed games. I made it halfway through number 2 and quit out of fatigue and never made it back. This is my first attempt since then to give the franchise another shot. Not because I miss the stupid animus **** the painfully awkward parkour system, the endlessly boring and ridiculously finicky eavesdropping/tailing/sneakingI have never been all that much of a fan of the Assassin's Creed games. I made it halfway through number 2 and quit out of fatigue and never made it back. This is my first attempt since then to give the franchise another shot. Not because I miss the stupid animus **** the painfully awkward parkour system, the endlessly boring and ridiculously finicky eavesdropping/tailing/sneaking missions that 95% of the main campaign consists of, but for the pirating stuff. The sailing around and exploring are what make this game fun. Any one of the numerous side missions are much more enjoyable than any of the main ones. Someone else said it in their review, but it is a damn shame a good pirate game had to be stapled to a **** Assassin's Creed game. It probably would have been a 9.5 otherwise. Expand
  83. Feb 3, 2015
    AC Black Flag is a good game and you will want to play if you are an AC's fan but it has its flaws.
    Gameplay is better than previous games of the franchise (stealth system and parkour), the graphics are pretty solid and reflect the new generation of consoles. Story wise is interesting but l don't like how they handle the main character on the present time, on the other hand Edward is a bad ass and greedy person, it failed to make you feel something about what was happening to him. On top of that the story is not driven on the best possible way, sometimes you just know where you need to go because of the map, otherwise you would never know what is coming next. Open world is cool and the addition of the ship is just incredible, that feeling of sailing is great however even when it's a big map, it is very limited in variants, that's the reason side missions get repetitive over the time. What I hated is that the forced you to repeat side missions in order to improve your ship and be able to progress on the main story.

+ Graphics
    + Stealth/Parkour System
    + World atmosphere (ship, music, etc.)

- Story/character development
    - Side missions are repetitive
    - Forced to improve your ship by side missions
  84. Jan 11, 2015
    This is, by far, the best Assassin's Creed in the series. Edward Kenway is a likable character, on par with Ezio, and the beautiful scenery tops it all off. The controls do have some quirks tho but that's something AC veterans are used to by now. The only downside, to me at least, is that this instalment doesn't progress the overall storyline that much.
  85. Jan 4, 2015
    The assassins creed franchise has had its ups and downs. The previous, 3rd installment failed to keep me interested, as it was the first I did not play through. This one however, is well worth playing. The story is rather weak, but the universe is gripping and very well made. Next to The Shadow of Mordor, this is the best ps4 game in my little collection (so far).
  86. Jan 2, 2015
    A great looking game with a story that pulls you in, unfortunately I had difficulty with the controls, when running through a town I would start climbing when I didn't want to. This game is really hard, I got stuck on a mission where I needed to catch someone running away and after several attempts gave up and haven't played it since
  87. Dec 28, 2014
    I bought this game after a long hiatus from the AC world, expecting to see sweeping changes. Ive always loved the idea and lore behind the AC story. Your part of an elite group of assasins who have existed throughout history fighting the templar. Whats not to like.

Alas, it was my expectations that made me regret ever purchasing this game. Everything is pretty much the same except you are now in the Caribbean!

Things flow out like this, go to said location, climb tower and unlock part of that area and the tasteless repetitive side quests. I wouldnt mind that if the actual gameplay/fighting wasnt as bad. Instead however, the combat is easy repetitive and boring. You are always faced with the same three enemies. Officers, Normal soldiers, and some burly guy with an axe. And once you figure out how to deflect (press O) its so easy that it doesnt even matter if you get swarmed.

The naval combat was fun, it is enjoyable to sail around and listen to your crew sing their shanties as you wreak havock on merchants and ports (which you can attack). However, once your jackdaw was upgraded fully and you took down the legendary ships even naval warfare came to be another repititive issue. (Attack ships, taking low health, board enemy ship, animation cuts fight with all other ships, kill all on board, regain ships health).

For the stealth misions, i found it out that there is no actual stealth button. However, it is fairly easy to go through a mission stealthy regardless (enemies are not to bright).

Multiplayer, I found to be an interesting aspect but nearly died from boredom to reach level 55 and unlock that last trophy to hit that platinum.

The good:

AC really has the free run aspect nailed down
    Naval warfare was alot of fun
    Indepth story if you can connect all the AC games together
    Shanties were great to listen to

The bad:

Major issue: Repetitive game play which has you doing the same things over and over and over and over again.
    Combat not diverse enough
    Combat extremely easy
    Multi player loses taste after a few hours

no stealth mode.

Bottom Line: If you are an AC fan and cant get enough I would get this game. Otherwise, I would steer clear. There are other games out there that offer a greater variety in enemies, more challenging combat, and a story mode which is clear to anyone who hasnt been playing AC since its release.
  88. Dec 16, 2014
    Another great game that won't get out of it's own way. If I want to play the story, let me play the story. If I want to raid, pillage, sea battle, dive for treasure, hunt, craft, take over forts and the like I shouldn't be hampered until I finish a certain story mission. "Why can I only send one ship on trade route when I have twenty not doing anything else?" and similar frustratingAnother great game that won't get out of it's own way. If I want to play the story, let me play the story. If I want to raid, pillage, sea battle, dive for treasure, hunt, craft, take over forts and the like I shouldn't be hampered until I finish a certain story mission. "Why can I only send one ship on trade route when I have twenty not doing anything else?" and similar frustrating needless limits on the "open world" really dampen the experience. Still, quite fun overall with great multiplayer game modes. Again, level linked unlocking is not my favorite, but it's not totally unreasonable overall. Expand
  89. Dec 7, 2014
    Worst in the series. (I haven't played Unity yet) It was just boring the free roam was just meh it got repetitive, then the multiplayer :l why even this it's not really need in my opinion, even though others enjoy it, I just really didn't like it, and I heard Unity is trash well lets hope that rouge us good
  90. Dec 2, 2014
    AC IV: Black Flag is one of the better looking games I've played so far on the PS4. The world is colorful and detailed. The cities and settlements look stunning and are fun to explore, although it isn't exactly a 'real' open world, as each area has its boundaries beyond which you cannot explore further.

The controls lack a bit of finesse, which can be frustrating sometimes. Also the mandatory pirating activities start to feel like a grind after a while, as they're necessary to further upgrade your ship, which in its turn is a requirement to be able to start some of the story missions. And this is where it kind of starts to fall apart. If you don't care much about the pirating part, you'll encounter a point in the game where you suddenly need big improvements on your ship. And the only way to get these is to go play pirate to get the necessary resources, so you're in for a long grind...

Apart from that the story is a joy to play through and the missions are varied. Count with that the countless number of sidequests and collectibles, and you know you'll be in it for a while.

Microtransactions are available but not required to play the game (luckily). Still there should be no place for such nonsense in a full retail game.

+ Graphics
    + Story
    + Overall fun factor if you don't mind the mandatory pirate gameplay
    + Lots of content

- Mandatory pirate activities
    - Open world isn't really 'open'
    - Microtransactions
  91. Nov 15, 2014
    The story is on the level of the series best so far, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It' protagonist is by far the best in the series, however the game doesn't really have an antagonist to combat through the plot, unless you count the protagonist himself. Sadly, the gameplay and animations are from the clunky ACIII version, which can become frustrating when you're doing racing mission toThe story is on the level of the series best so far, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It' protagonist is by far the best in the series, however the game doesn't really have an antagonist to combat through the plot, unless you count the protagonist himself. Sadly, the gameplay and animations are from the clunky ACIII version, which can become frustrating when you're doing racing mission to capture someone, or trying to escape, and you get hung up on a wall or decide to crouch on a pole, allowing your enemies to freely shoot you or whack away at you with their swords. At least they toned down the number of enemies on the rooftops so that you can move through town without setting off a hornet's nest. Overall, when movements are performed flawlessly, it looks great. As far as the overall graphics, it's the best so far being in 1080p with no frame drops. The open world is the biggest, without being bored to tears, as you have fast travel, plenty of ships to meet an plunder, or castaways to save and islands to explore. I easily put in a hundred hours playing this. Pirate combat is tough at first because you need to speed resources and money to upgrade your ship. At the end of the game, my ship was not fully leveled up, but I was finally a terror on the seas that I was hoping for. (A good terror because you can't attack innocent vessels without going out of sync+all your assassin contracts are for evil, bad people who are slave traders, smugglers, and those who prey on the weak). Excellent voice work and music all throughout the game. The time I spent in Black Flag was very enjoyable because they hit the 18th century caribbean atmosphere perfectly. Just clean up the wonky combat and animated movement and this game would've been a ten. Expand
  92. Nov 11, 2014
    I did not like assassin creed games in the past seemed so linear and made me not want to play them. However after playing this up to 35% I am really happy that I gave the series another shot and want to spend all my time at sea gaining loot! I really like the graphics in this game, very well done. I like the pirate ship and boating action in this game, being able to dive, spear fish,I did not like assassin creed games in the past seemed so linear and made me not want to play them. However after playing this up to 35% I am really happy that I gave the series another shot and want to spend all my time at sea gaining loot! I really like the graphics in this game, very well done. I like the pirate ship and boating action in this game, being able to dive, spear fish, openly explore the sea is really a good idea and rendered beautifully. I like how on islands, etc. you can make a mini game out of climbing tree branches to achieve your goals. The only down side to the game in my opinion is the wonky movement, that at any minute you can accidently do some movement you really did not want to do. Overall I am happy with this game. Expand
  93. Nov 7, 2014
    I have been a fan since the beginning. Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag has many improvements over AC3 and is largely a great game with a few missteps like repetitive missions and uneven story issues. I think this is honestly the best pirate game ever made it hits the nail on the head for the pirate theme in fact it focuses more on pirates than assassins and gels them both togetherI have been a fan since the beginning. Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag has many improvements over AC3 and is largely a great game with a few missteps like repetitive missions and uneven story issues. I think this is honestly the best pirate game ever made it hits the nail on the head for the pirate theme in fact it focuses more on pirates than assassins and gels them both together convincingly.

Side activities - The things to do outside the story missions are incredible, assassin contracts, sneaking into enemy islands or caves to loot treasure, freeing captured pirates, many things gives you money, loot, territory and crew members. With loot you can built your ship, your character and it allows you to tackle bigger challenges, there is always something that engages you and makes you feel like you’re doing something new. The Templar hunt quests are awesome and do an amazing job of expanding the world in which you live in. You can tackle all side missions in whatever way you want.
    This game has hunting and it is quite fun you can shoot predators down from a distance hidden in bushes or in trees or you can confront them using quick time events to kill them. Using their pelts to upgrade your ship, weapons, tools and character. Another great side activity is the underwater sections where you swim in shipwrecks looking for loot, treasure and ship blueprints. The funnest thing about this is the way you can hide from sharks in reeds and always have to go back to air pockets for an extra breath; you feel very vulnerable which an exciting rush is.

Naval combat - Very fun and satisfying, you could bored other ships for literally hours without getting bored there is just SO MANY different ways to approach other ships. You can attack and conquer other forts which is addictive first using your naval combat from a distance to destroy their canons while attacking/dodging other ships near and far, then jumping straight into the chaos on the fort ground to cut through the enemies utilizing the ground combat then finally assassinating the captain.

Mission structure and gameplay - Okay for allot of the missions they are very open and let you tackle them in whatever way you wish with little handholding, which is very important, however this is one of the real lacking parts of the game the overall repetitiveness of the main missions. WAY too many missions you will find yourself doing the exact same thing over and over again whether it is eavesdropping, tailing someone or something in-between. The parkour and freedom of movement is great but can be tricky and pretty much is the same as in AC3 but tree running ans siling is smooth and works very well. The way you can go from running to sailing in seconds is really special.

Story - The story is very well thought out and lasts about 22 hours or so, as you follow Edward through his personal journey and experience the historic moments of the period is great and participating in them is amazing, something that makes all AC games truly special. All the main characters are convincingly accurate especially Black Beard he is SO WELL DONE. You start to feel attached to the main character especially in the later missions. However it is not without its downsides some missions are not very well explained and you will wonder how you got there and why you are really doing it.

Combat - The combat is fun at first and there are some really cool kill animations but largely it stays the same as AC3 just counter the incoming enemies attacks and they die or just keep tapping attack to kill the weaker guys. But it’s not horrible, a good side is there are different enemy types that require different means to kill them like you will have to counter with a different weapon such as a gun or requiring you to break their defense before striking, this keeps combat away from being too repetitive.

One thing I just have to say is that for us hardcore fans we have noticed that the AC games have gotten less about the assassin way of life and has focused more on the theme. Such as in AC3 where Connor was more of a warrior than an assassin and was not fully dedicated to the order. Similarities can be seen here. The stealth and eavesdropping has not really evolved much, there needs to be more assassinating and stealthy upgrades.

So to round Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag up most side activities are engaging and enjoyable, the naval combat is the best part of the game and is one all in its self, the theme of pirates is done exquisitely, the main missions can get old but they are not terrible, combat is over familiar, decent but nothing special, story is great but can seem random sometimes, music is amazing, parkour and gameplay is still upheld, and last but not least the landscapes are absolutely beautiful and stunning to observe.
  94. Oct 30, 2014
    How can this game have such a low meta and user score? It's ridiculous. Had they included EITHER the massive gameplay elements present in the piracy mode, or the standard AC ground missions and assassination elements, it would easily be a relative 9 compared to scores given to other much more shallow games.

But instead you get both, more or less 2 games in one. Tons of content, and

But instead you get both, more or less 2 games in one. Tons of content, and that's to say nothing of what I thought was very beautiful graphics, and scenery presented. I got the game as a gift, and it's still easily the best game I've played on the PS4, with D3 coming a close second. You'll notice that D3, and other highly rated games on the PS4 are ports. Insult to injury when you consider the achievement AC4 is, to be one of the first games on a new platform, to do it so well, and to be ORIGINAL.

The story is also incredible. People don't like the animus bits. I guess I do. They kept me intrigued. But that's not the story I'm referring to. This is a game about principles, dreams, and loss. It's not a happy ending everything-is-great type story, and perhaps somewhere in there is the reason why people don't appreciate it fully. It's emotionally powerful, and heavy. It's part of a growing movement of better storytelling in gaming, but hasn't really gotten the credit for it.
  95. Oct 26, 2014
    Black Flag is the best entry in the series since AC II. Kenway makes for a much more fun protagonist and his story isn't bogged down in the usual political nonsense, instead we're given a fun swashbuckling pirate adventure which makes full use of it's gorgeously realised Carribean setting with the best mechanics of the series to date.
  96. Oct 23, 2014
    Pretty good game, minimal problems with story and the combat is pretty decent. My friend loaned me the game and I have enjoyed the time I have put into it.
  97. Oct 20, 2014
    Pass a "fourth", emotions are twofold. Clearly more positive than negative. Setting "Assassins vs pirates" fell nice, however, not a lover of ships, this type of transport is not particularly fun for me, but cheerfully boarding mode saved the whole situation for me. In the storyline, can not say anything, was absolutely indifferent, typical plots in the style of the previous loan. I canPass a "fourth", emotions are twofold. Clearly more positive than negative. Setting "Assassins vs pirates" fell nice, however, not a lover of ships, this type of transport is not particularly fun for me, but cheerfully boarding mode saved the whole situation for me. In the storyline, can not say anything, was absolutely indifferent, typical plots in the style of the previous loan. I can say that this part is the leap forward rather than a step back. A huge number of customizations and opportunities make believe that we really play open world game. Among the negative aspects I want to mention - absolutely stupid missions "nowadays abstergo", especially the fact that our protagonist is voiceless. Summarizing we can advise this game to those who did not believe that a series of Assassins Creed should be a blueprint is made from part to part. The game is definitely worth buying, and even seasonal access to take those who love the theme of pirates, and indeed sea battles. As a result, the game is decent, as taken separately or as a continuation of the adventures of various Assassins in different corners of the earth. Ranked # 8 of 10. Expand
  98. Oct 20, 2014
    Пройден "четвертый", эмоции двоякие. Однозначно скорее положительные, чем отрицательные. Сеттинг "Ассассины среди пиратов" пришёлся по душе, однако, как не любителю кораблей, постоянные передвижения на данном виде транспорта не особо доставляли, но бодрейшие абордажи спасали всю ситуацию. По сюжету сказать ничего не могу, к нему остался абсолютно равнодушен, типичные заговоры в стилеПройден "четвертый", эмоции двоякие. Однозначно скорее положительные, чем отрицательные. Сеттинг "Ассассины среди пиратов" пришёлся по душе, однако, как не любителю кораблей, постоянные передвижения на данном виде транспорта не особо доставляли, но бодрейшие абордажи спасали всю ситуацию. По сюжету сказать ничего не могу, к нему остался абсолютно равнодушен, типичные заговоры в стиле предыдущих Кредо. Могу сказать, что данная часть скорее прорыв вперед, нежели шаг назад. Огромное количество различных кастомизаций и возможностей даёт поверить, что перед нами действительно игра с открытым миром, который, в свою очередь, живёт своей жизнью. Из негативных моментов хочу отметить абсолютно тупые миссии "в наши дни", особенно тот факт что наш главный герой немой. Подводя итог можно посоветовать эту игру тем, кто не считает, что серия Assassins Creed должна быть под копирку сделана от части к части. Игру определённо стоит покупать, да ещё и сезонный доступ взять тем, кто любит тематику пиратов, да и вообще морские сражения. В итоге игра получилась достойной, как отдельно взятая, так и как продолжение приключений различных Убийц в разных краях света. Оценка 8 из 10. Expand
  99. Oct 17, 2014
    Amazing story and gameplay loved it
    when i started playing i was bored because most of the missions were at sea....but once the real story starts its amazing...!
  100. Oct 15, 2014
    Why not just make it a pirate game? Black Flag is a game held back because of it's misguided Assassin's Creed tittle. An identity that forces itself on some truly fascinating elements, making an odd mix.

The naval combat is back from AS3, and it's still awesome. On top of that you got a bunch of other activities like whaling (no, I DON'T support animal cruelty but for the sake of historic accuracy I approve), and sailing through a storm is a truly impressive and intense moment. The thing is, all those things get all after a while, specially on a game asking for many hours of dedication.

So what's the problem here? Well, on top of the naval exploration. You have all your traditional Assassin's Creed activities like spying, stalking, and of course assassinating. Mind you, all these elements work perfectly find but in my honest opinion they don't match the pirating theme.

I just wish, Black Flag would have been just a pirate game, and with a focus of pirate activities. Give us pillaging, in depth treasure quests, or the option to become buccaneers. The Assassin's Creed games are fantastic (mostly), but this combination of a pirate game and an AS game is depriving us from two amazing games. One amazing pirate game, and another amazing AS game.
  101. Nov 17, 2013
    This game looks absolutely amazing and excels with the sheer sense of scope. Giving this a 10 to counter some of the frankly absurd 0s that I have been seeing. To rate this a 0 takes a troll of the highest caliber and likely someone who has never actually played the game. If you do not like this game fine, but to say its not a well crafted and enjoyable game seems bizarre to me. MyThis game looks absolutely amazing and excels with the sheer sense of scope. Giving this a 10 to counter some of the frankly absurd 0s that I have been seeing. To rate this a 0 takes a troll of the highest caliber and likely someone who has never actually played the game. If you do not like this game fine, but to say its not a well crafted and enjoyable game seems bizarre to me. My favorite setting of all Assassin's creed games hands down. They have captured the Caribbean in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible and the share feature of the PS4 has been put to great use with one stunning vista after another. Collapse

1. Apr 20, 2014
    The PlayStation 4 version of the game is mechanically the same as the PlayStation 3 version, but the new engine is eye-poppingly awesome.
  2. Ubisoft significantly improved the multiplayer side of things. Also, story takes you places.
  3. Jan 4, 2014
    It’s difficult to imagine Assassin’s Creed ever leaving the sea behind.