3.5

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    This game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours andThis game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours and multiplayer is as dry as ever. Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    By far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy itBy far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy it at a lower price. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2013
    I've only played the multiplayer, so my review will not cover any material of the campaign.

So to give a cut and dry review of the multiplayer...it's garbage. Maps are way too big for the number of players (12) which really does make camping a viable strategy if you want to avoid running all over the map in attempts to find people. You WILL die from campers quite a lot and it does

So to give a cut and dry review of the multiplayer...it's garbage.

Maps are way too big for the number of players (12) which really does make camping a viable strategy if you want to avoid running all over the map in attempts to find people. You WILL die from campers quite a lot and it does get frustrating. Additionally, it seems that snipers are once again overpowered to the point that most are one shot kills to any part of the body. Quickscopers abound and you will be frequently scratching your head wondering how a shot to the left of your torso registered as a headshot. Back to the maps, there are some cool ones that seem to be well thought out, but the size really ruins the experience. These maps are just too large for 6 v 6 matches. The guns all play pretty similarly, although the AK-12 seems to be the overpowered assault rifle that everyone is currently using, so hopefully it gets nerfed in a future patch.

The few good things about the game would have to be the interesting new level system they've introduced, as well as the squad system. No longer will you have to wait to unlock a weapon by reaching a certain level, you can simply buy it with squad points. Oh, and infected mode is a TON of fun. By far my favorite game mode.
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whilst this game has received a lot of critique from many different people, I feel that there is somewhat more to this game than people formerly assume. I mean, most people these days focus on multiplayer, but acting like this is the only feature in a game that significantly matters is rather ignorant, to say the least.

First off, the campaign is actually pretty well designed; it has the feel of a post apocalyptic scenario, and whilst it may not offer a huge amount in terms of innovation, it certainly feels fresh, relative to previous games of this franchise. Funnily enough, one of the main villains is, lo and behold, an American. This feels a little renewing when thinking about the infinitesimal amounts of times we have fought Russians over the course of the IW collection. It is in no means a fantastic campaign, but it has it's moments. It seems to be what you come to expect from a CoD game, y'know; snipers, linear stealth missions, heavily armored tech, guns, um...dogs? Nothing strictly fantastic, but certainly satisfying.

The multiplayer is, of course, CoD. I rarely play CoD multiplayer anymore, but thankfully, there is a squads mode, where you can fight against bots in a variety of different game modes. One of these specifically feels like combat training from CoD BO, which I must admit, I missed dearly. It's not the same, but it's something.

So, is this game good? Yes AND no, depending on what angle you look at it from; campaign feels gimmicky and predictable, but somehow fresh and new. Multiplayer is...well, CoD. It seems they tried at least, but that doesn't really say much for a company that spouts out a game every year or so. I do not love this game, but in some cases, respect it, and I feel it deserves a little more a negative review, whilst it comes nothing near the nines and tens the official reviewers feel it necessarily deserves. So perhaps I will strike it even and call it a night.
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    I was sincerely hoping that the new Ghosts would be able to follow up Black Ops 2, but I was sorely disappointed. My primary concern with this new installment is that the game is simply not fun. There have been numerous times where I have been on a nice kill streak and I get killed, only to spawn, take two to three steps, and get killed again. The new perk system was intended to diversifyI was sincerely hoping that the new Ghosts would be able to follow up Black Ops 2, but I was sorely disappointed. My primary concern with this new installment is that the game is simply not fun. There have been numerous times where I have been on a nice kill streak and I get killed, only to spawn, take two to three steps, and get killed again. The new perk system was intended to diversify play style, but there are some perks such as quick draw that are indispensable, and many others that are relatively worthless. The maps are so large, and the spawning so terrible, that players who aren't as proficient are relegated to hiding in corners in order to escape getting constantly shot in the back. There are not many guns compared to its main competitor BF4, which I play as well. The campaign and extinction were only OK. The primary reason that people bought ghosts is for the multi-players experience, but with all of these glaring problems, I find it hard to get into it. Truthfully, the only reason I haven't returned it is because there are only a few titles for PS4, and GameStop won't give me half of what I paid for it. I'll just wait until Destiny comes out, and never play it again. I am only giving it a five because it works, just not as well as I had anticipated. And don't buy into those reviews that give it a perfect score. Obviously those are severely biased, and I am being as honest as I can about my experiences, not trying to sell you on a game that isn't enjoyable. Expand
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    I'm not a demonic Call of Duty fanboy like most of the people who have given this game 0s and 1s so perhaps I can offer a bit of unbiased insight...well no, who am I kidding? This is my first Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2 and 4 years later it definitely feels like the same game. Not terrible, but nothing revolutionary either. I have chosen to play unappealing games like KnackI'm not a demonic Call of Duty fanboy like most of the people who have given this game 0s and 1s so perhaps I can offer a bit of unbiased insight...well no, who am I kidding? This is my first Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2 and 4 years later it definitely feels like the same game. Not terrible, but nothing revolutionary either. I have chosen to play unappealing games like Knack and Lego Marvel Superheroes over COD Ghosts just to give an idea of how boring this game quickly becomes. Didn't finish the campaign, didn't rank past Level 10 in multiplayer, and I will likely never touch this game again not because it's bad, but because it simply doesn't bring anything new to the table. I can play Call of Duty 4 or Modern Warfare 2 and have an identical experience. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    Story Story mode is just regular old COD story mode. Same thing every game but I dont pay much attention to the story anyways. 3/10

Multiplayer Multiplayer is CODs best mode in all of their games IMO. Since i was never really a big fan of Zombies. The Modern Warfarish gamestyle multiplayer holds is by far the best gamestyle out of all the CODs. It is kind of wierd that they took out Search and Destroy but it doesnt matter to me since I was a TDM player anyuways. Dont try FFA since its almost like you dont have a chance. Anyways multiplayer for Ghost is Great. 9/10

Graphics Metal Gear Raidens Voice: "OOOOOOHHHH THATS JUST PLAIN NASTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" no really the graphics kinda suck but the game wasnt meant to be released for the PS3. 5/10
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    Your $60/£60 will likely fetch you more fun elsewhere. Call of Duty: Ghosts is comparable to annualized sports games, except for the fact that it doesn't substantially innovate over the years it's published.

As with previous Call of Duty games, there's a single-player campaign that takes a few hours to complete. The plot suffers from stereotypical video game tropes, and while the set pieces are pretty to look at, this campaign is no different from Infinity Ward's previous offerings from Modern Warfare 1, 2, or 3. The quality of the storytelling makes one seriously question degree of involvement of the Oscar-winning film writer, Stephen Gaghan, who was signed onto Ghosts' development. It's a shame that the campaign doesn't draw from the innovating elements that Treyarch's CoD: Black Ops II did, and feels quite like a step back for the franchise.

An additional segment, "Squads," has been added, which is essentially the multiplayer mode with the inclusion of computer-controlled teammates and enemies. In this vein, it's not a replacement of the "Spec Ops" co-operative missions mode from previous games. Rather, "Extinction" mode serves that purpose, a co-op survival mode that features aliens as the enemies. It uses the formula of Treyarch's CoD: Zombies modes, and does manage to measure up to its quality in some respects. The alien's movements are unpredictable and fighting them is passably entertaining, but the mode lacks the depth and dedication of the game it's trying to emulate. The small Easter eggs aren't as plentiful nor interesting as in Zombies, and the strategies needed to circumvent the aliens simply aren't inventive nor difficult to execute.

At its core, Call of Duty has always been about its multiplayer. And as I've suggested up till now, it is unchanged; just as you could consider Modern Warfare 3 a "Modern Warfare 2.5," you can consider Ghosts to be a "Modern Warfare 3.5." The graphical improvements are admittedly there, but they're so difficult to distinguish that it can be difficult to distinguish screenshots of this game with its predecessors'. The progression and customization mechanics take on a new coat of paint, and feature new weapons and attachment possibilities, as well as a persistent "prestige" system that allows players to keep their progress upon moving on to a new soldier to develop. Otherwise, the most notable changes are with the UI, and you could likely learn what you needed to know about the multiplayer from reading a review of either 2009's MW2 or 2011's MW3.

Ghosts' multiplayer offers the standard fare: a few small maps to encourage the fast-paced, arcade-style shooting action it's come to be known for. The metagame is mostly balanced, with the exception of certain weapons that do present minor problems, and does offer fans of the series something to come back to. It's definitely a functional shooter, and can certainly be fun to newcomers, but those that have experience in playing Call of Duty or other FPS games may have qualms with how familiar the game feels.

I don't feel that Ghosts is a bad game; I want to like it, really. It offers a large number of sub-games to sink time in, and the multiplayer is deep, possibly fun and even addictive. To some, this game may be worth your money, as long as you're able to ignore the dust of the last six Call of Duty games gathering on your shelf.
    Essentially, if you've played any of the Call of Duty games since the original Modern Warfare, you have played Ghosts. If you loved this game last year, you will still love it this year; if you hated it last year; you will still hate it this year.
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Alright guys, it's time to grow the hell up, this game isn't a 10, and it certainly isn't a 3 or below. You want to play a game that deserves a 0? Play Ride To Hell, and trust me, COD: Ghosts will look like GOTY material.

Ghosts isn't an incredible, revolutionary, new shooter that offers a tremendous amount of new material. But it's still very, very playable. As a person who hasn't owned a Call of Duty game since Black Ops, (I thought MW3 was garbage for the most part) I wanted to hate this game as much as you guys do. But after playing through the campaign, getting to level 30 in multiplayer, and a few rounds of extinction, I've got to say, it's a good game.

The story in Ghosts is a refreshing idea, we take a break from killing Arabs, Nazis, and Russians (finally) and take up arms with a South American army who turned an American satellite against us. The story has a few plot twists and varied, epic sequences that are on par with what you'd expect from a AAA war game. If you can get over a few "that would NEVER happen" moments, it's quite enjoyable.

Graphically, it's not too "Next-Gen" but it's still damn pretty at time. The multiplayer maps look good and everything runs at a smoooooth 60 FPS at 1080p.

Speaking of multiplayer, I'll say it again, not a whole lot has changed. The one thing that got me excited was the genuinely awesome new game modes. IW took a page from Halo and added their own new infection mode which is loads of nail-biting fun, especially when playing with friends. Search and rescue will give you a good reason to watch the spectator screen and yell at your team mates as well. The progression system is all they really keep on changing, I really could care less, but it's still a functional system. My biggest gripe is something that the game, itself, can't change. The god-awful community of idiots still trying to "360 quik sc0pe wallbang hedshot"" you in a round of hardcore Search and Destroy while screeching through the mic about what they did to your Mom last night. Yup, these people still exist, though not that common anymore. For the part, it's still a fun time. And i have to admit, I missed the fast paced run-and-gun multiplayer.

As for extinction, it's not terribly interesting, but still great if you want to pull some friends together and shoot some aliens. It tries its very best to differentiate itself from TreyArch's zombies, and succeeds to some extent.

Overall, is it a COD game? Yes. Does it do a good job at being a COD game? Yes. Is it a broken piece of trash that has no effort put into it and is just a terrible "cash grab"? No. It's a functional, fun game that brings enough new features to the table to earn a 7/10 from me
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    This game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns andThis game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns and to top it off a lot of game modes from the previous CoD's were removed. It's truly a half assed call of duty. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    I had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the GhostsI had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the Ghosts launch Infinity Ward didn’t really promise much else therefore people should have known what to expect. It is, however, surprisingly bland and elements such as the maps are particularly disappointing in originality and it is here that I feel we have essentially been lied to because I.W. made so much noise about the interactivity of the online environment, suggesting this was a major development. So far I am yet to really see any trace of this other than someone getting a field order and it basically making the map turn a different colour. I went to climb on top of a rock that was not on the edge of the map and couldn’t even do that. I feel this was false advertising and evidence that the progression of this game was not even to the limited level promised. Pure laziness in detail such is what has made me angry that Ghosts is not even a half step forward. I do, though, think it’s fairly pathetic and testament to the general age of most gamers that so many folk give it a zero. To be a zero the game would have to be appalling and unplayable. It is far from this, but in principle deserves to get panned on the simple fact that the intense marketing was clearly a sales strategy to get as many first week sales as possible before they quickly drop off because Activision knew that deep down they did not have a game that matched the hype and they would soon be found out. And for the record the pre-launch sales strategy was unspeakably naff and cheesy and as a 31 year old had me feeling embarrassed to be a part of this dying franchise. So I give this an honest 6 purely because I will still enjoy the new guns and competitiveness of it for a short while, but would otherwise have given it much higher had Activision and I.W. even come close to demonstrating that they wanted to give loyal fans something more. Activision has an ingenuous business model and are clearly only interested in making money, so they will shamelessly take what they can get from this brand for as long as possible and not care if it ends up being the gaming version of ‘The Hangover 3’ a cheap cash in. For the record, Riley the dog was as bad a marketing tool as it is a kill streak. Expand
  13. Jan 17, 2014
    If you played prior CoD then you know what to expect. The developers way of innovating the game is by making some cosmetic changes to the game like the way you do your loadout. The single player is garbage of course so no point talking about that. Multiplayer is the same. One of my biggest gripes about prior CoD games was player hosting and I thought with their new half server half hostingIf you played prior CoD then you know what to expect. The developers way of innovating the game is by making some cosmetic changes to the game like the way you do your loadout. The single player is garbage of course so no point talking about that. Multiplayer is the same. One of my biggest gripes about prior CoD games was player hosting and I thought with their new half server half hosting that it would be better but sadly it isn't. The good news is that you rarely have to suffer from host migrating that would constantly interrupt game matches. The bad is that it doesn't play smooth. Bullets take a while to register and at times it can get laggy, probably because of the half player hosting. You'll find often times you'll be dead before feeling any of the bullets hitting you. The maps are horrible. Squad modes is not that great. Extinction on the other hand is fun. Unfortunately there's not much to it and it would've been nice if instead of the useless squad modes that the developers spend more time making either more maps or something to extinction. Extinction is the only fun part about CoD ghost and saying I would not recommend anyone pay 60$ for the game. If you can find it for cheap and you have plenty of friends that play then it might be worth getting if your a fan but if you want a good FPS then steer clear of this game. Expand
  14. Dec 4, 2013
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the game is just... mediocre all over. graphically the game doesn't feel next gen the single player sucks, normally I love COD single player for at least 1 play through but I barely made it through COD ghosts, it's bad. the final 2 missions are the only good ones. the multiplayer has all the issues
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the multiplayer has all the issues with other cod games (getting shot makes you aim up in the air for no reason, quick scoping, and panic knifing, terrible spawns) but nothing that makes it fun.

since battlefield 4 and killzone shadow fall is 60fps now, the smooth feeling can be found in other games both of those games run 60fps so it's smooth like cod, and both look better. there is just no reason to play cod anymore.

the only new and welcome addition is extinction mode which is somewhat like nazi zombies. the game mode is kinda fun but it's not enough to redeem the game. COD Ghosts is the epitome of mediocrity. if you like cod, get battlefield 4 and get cod as well.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    Haven't played the campaign yet more than an hour so won't talk about that. Have about 15 hours into multiplayer and its my least favorite one. The only pros are the graphics look amazing and the maps are bigger than usual so thats a nice change. I hate the loadout system and the squad members as you have to unlock everything with each different person if you want multiple people to tryHaven't played the campaign yet more than an hour so won't talk about that. Have about 15 hours into multiplayer and its my least favorite one. The only pros are the graphics look amazing and the maps are bigger than usual so thats a nice change. I hate the loadout system and the squad members as you have to unlock everything with each different person if you want multiple people to try to mix it up. The worst part is the spawn points are the worst ever, I get killed at least 3 times every match in less than 2 seconds from spawning. Once EA fixes their stuff and Battlefield works this will likely collect dust which is a shame since Black Ops 2 was my fave so this is a giant step back... hopefully next year Treyarch can make good use of the new consoles. Expand
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    sooooo where do you ppl have your ps4 game and console from? how can you rate something thats not on the market? stick to the ps3 and xbox version.... if you should really own this game, and not just type bull$hit?
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    I enjoy CoD games, MW1 and Black Ops 2 were absolutely fantastic. While the graphics have stayed relatively the same, the features and changes over the years have improved the experience considerably.

However this year it isn't all that great. I don't play CoD for single player, I play Halo, Far Cry, GTA, and those games for story. This is exclusively kick back and shoot at digital characters to release frustration.

The main cons I have with the game. They still haven't fixed the spawn system. It is god awful and more than once in the same match I've spawned in the line of fire of the guy who just killed me. They ruined the pick 10 system. Sure being able to pick and choose the guns I want to get is great, but requiring points to get the attachments is infuriating. The menu to set up is convoluted as well. They broke the best class customization experience I've had thus far. Also the gun balance is terrible. Although that's to be expected from CoD. Halo 2 still has the best gun balance of any FPS I've played, no one has come close.

The maps are refreshing with more vertical possibilities and somewhat destructible environments, but some are way too large and impossible to find other players. Thermal scope is a huge improvement over the dual band scope in Black Ops 2. Less jarring and easier on the eyes. Some of the guns have attachments on them by default, which is somewhat helpful.

I'm still going to play the out of this game. The multiplayer is still addictive, albeit with some frustrating moments. I've had to adjust my gaming style from Black Ops 2, but in a way that's good. While the graphics aren't as huge an improvement as I thought they would be perhaps there will be some patches down the line to improve the experience.

TL;DR Considering the game was built on a new engine it isn't an improvement and a downgrade in some aspects. It'll be fun for CoD fans, especially since a lot of players will migrate from Black Ops 2 in the coming months, but if you were planning on jumping into FPS do not go with this game. Go with older FPS such as Halo CE anniversary or CoD MW.
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    Ghosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a goodGhosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a good thing. The gunplay is tight as ever and the tweaking of the weapons finally makes every choice equal. The patches feel like a big step down from the customization of black ops but the outfits and helmets are a step in the right direction. It's just a shame they all look similar and there was never a carrot at the end of a string for me to chase. Squads is laughable and makes me wonder what they were thinking. I'd much rather have one character that truly feels like my creation. Don't get me wrong, ill spend countless hours on ghosts but I hope they try harder in the future. The bread is getting stale, at least put some jelly on it for me. Expand
  19. Feb 26, 2014
    As a first person shooter fun,Call of duty series is always my choose year by year,especially modern warfare,it gives me great memory,of course black ops series is great,but for me, call of duty developed by infinity ward is real call of duty.so although i hesitate,but still pick up this game:Ghost,looking for a new start for this series,and,unfortunately ,it's not.
    Single player review:
    Single player review:
    After world war 3,Russian seems to get tired,so the south america is coming,OK,cut the crap,the single player is a huge disappointed to me,it's short,very short,when it came to the end,i just can't believe it's over,then it's no different from it's predecessor,which is bad for all COD fun,not gonna lie,it's the worst single player experience i have in COD series,i don't know why IW didn't pay enough attention to SF,yeah i know MP is important,but it's irresponsible to make it that way for all the funs.
    Multiplayer review:
    After bad and sad SF experience,as i always do,start MP,surprisingly,it's good! maybe better than MW 3 in some way,the maps have different style,not just street battle,some maps looks like BF,it's big,whether you are a sniper or carry a auto rifle ,you will love the long shot,and Create a soldier is gorgeous! and perks is more,practical,interesting,make you don't wanna stop to gain it,but overall,still no different from it's predecessor.so if you want some real innovation,hold that though.
    After all ,call of duty ghost become a sport game,IW don't want to break the rules,so nothing more nothing less,like it or hate it,i might wanna stop hope that this series will have some real fresh start,and don't know where the franchise will leave.
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    This game is not bad however for a call of duty it is terrible. Know i am not the kind of gamer that says COD sucks because it isn't Battlefield since to be honest they are very different games. However the game still has it's own issues.

1. Maps are big which often means people spread about all over the place instead of fighting in one area. This means that quite often when you spawn on one side of the map a member of the enemy team is already near you since they have simply went through the map without seeing anyone since everybody is spread out.

2. You die far to quickly even for a call of duty game. It literally becomes the game of who can shoot first. This makes getting a kill unrewarding if i am playing Killzone,Battlefield 4 or even Black ops 2 i am happy when i get a kill because i earned that kill where in Ghosts it's like well done i managed to something my dog would probably be able to do. This lack of caring often leads to the games feeling boring. Yes boring for the first time ever i can describe a COD as being boring.

3. It is the same formula as MW3. Know i understand what COD wants to do and i'm happy they do that but Infinity ward really need to change up their COD's like Treyarch do but it just feels like a game we got 2 years a go. When Battlefield is making maps with great destructibility, Killzone is making beautiful world and Titan fall has got jumping between rooftops, Call of duty is doing the same thing.

However the campaign is good for COD i think but again it's not great it's just good. Also the game functions fine and some people will probably love it and i can kind of understand it.

Also Fish A.I. YAY
  21. Dec 6, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runsAnother year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runs smoothly and with dedicated servers the online mode is much better. However, with much larger maps snipers are much more common and sometimes the match pacing is really slow. Also, the graphics show almost no growth compared to the last-gen. Essentially, if you are a fan of Call of Duty you will most likely enjoy this game. New players: not so much. Expand
  22. Dec 7, 2013
    I personally felt the campaign took a turn for the better. I really enjoyed the new story and new controls. But after the 6 hour campaign the multiplayer was pretty disappointing. It's different, but for all of the wrong reasons. Like the maps are horrible and have no structure, and it doesn't help that players vote to have some of the most unstructured maps come up every match.

If

If there are 10 maps, why am I always playing on 1 or 2?
  23. Jan 30, 2014
    Not a bad game, but also not a really good one. Same old COD story, gameplay and graphics. Since it's on a next-gen console you have some expectations, but this game looks bad, especially when you compare it to Battlefield 4 and even more so to Killzone Shadow Fall.
    So to me it's not a must buy, but you should consider it if you're a die-hard COD multiplayer fan.
  24. Dec 9, 2013
    While it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feelWhile it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feel very underwhelming.

Add on top of the fact that the real reason why COD was so competitive in the last generation was due to hardware limitations. It balanced out the lack of features with its slick gameplay at 60 frames-per-second. Unfortunately, at the dawn of a new console generation, its competitors will now enjoy the same smooth gameplay as well as its abundance of features, while COD is seemingly just playing catch up this time around.

COD Ghosts is enjoyable at what it does. It's just not the best at doing it anymore. I'm pretty sure the lack of innovation had a lot to do with Activision firing Infinity Ward's top developers, which in turn caused a mass exodus of its employees. (they all went on to develop Titanfall, which is looking to be a game changer)
  25. Dec 1, 2013
    The worst CoD multiplayer wise, the maps are horid, too big and everyone camps, and to top it off kill streaks, removed features that made the game better from Black Ops 2, and many removed game modes.

Other than that the rest is solid.
    Extintion is better than zombies
    Squads is fun
    and
    the campaign is jaw dropping. Although they give you less freedom.
  26. Feb 11, 2014
    Another year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it'sAnother year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it's meh, and certainly doesn't represent what next gen can bring.

The multiplayer is enjoyable, but I find it a lot less fun than in BO2. It's really hard to pinpoint why, just that something is missing. Overall, average game.
  27. May 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    You play as Logan, a mute protagonist who's purpose is to kill hundreds of South Americans without showing a single sign of emotion. Why do shooters still have mute protagonists? They make it impossible to develop a relationship with the protagonist, they make certain scenes awkward when characters are referring to them, and they make character death scenes less emotionally engaging. I'm disappointed in the story not just because of its mute hero, but because of everything else. Most of the characters here are weak (besides the infamous puppy known as Riley :P), The dialogue and voice acting are bland, and the plot often gets jumbled up as you're thrown from one country to another and from one set piece to another. Treyarch has shown us that Call of Duty games can have good single player experiences. Clearly these guys can tell a better story than IW can. The only good thing I can say about the story mode is the ending since it has a nice twist to the normal Call of Duty ending that we see (even if it's a sequel setup). 4/10

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay just this time, you're more restricted to experiment with different strategies and pathways than before. most of the time it's "follow X, Wait for X to give you permission to fire, fire, repeat". It's stupid why they decide to restrict player access. One more thing, you only control Riley twice in the single player. Why did they hype up this dog? 5/10

Graphics:
    On PS4 (sorry PC guys for an inferior port), These graphics have the best textures out of any Call of Duty, but the colors are weaker compared to Black Ops 2. 7/10

Sound:
    The score isn't really that good. I barely noticed it during my playthroughs of the single player (please come back Hans Zimmer), and the gameplay sounds are what you expect from a Call of Duty game. 6/10

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer here is only slightly better than Black Ops 2's multiplayer for a few reasons: The maps (although larger here) don't use the same lazy 3-lane layout that was in 90% of Black Ops 2, the character customization is cool, no more stupid weapon levels to earn attachments, squads mode is a cool idea (multiplayer against bots), extinction is a nice replacement to zombies (although repetitive), more new gamemodes, and a surprisingly lack of overpowered guns/equipment. Besides the AK12, MSBS, M-tar X, Ripper, IEDs, and the Remmington R5, This game is more balanced than Black Ops 2, but not as balanced as Black Ops 1. I also like what they did with the customization. As said, there's character customization (no emblem editor), the new perk system is cool, the strike packages return (just not as annoying as Modern Warfare 3), the gender option is appreciated, and the create a class although not like Black Ops 2's pick 10 system, is a nice mix between that system along with classic Call of Duty class systems.The big problem with the multiplayer are the spawns, lack of dedicated servers, some hit detection issues, and how fast you die. I eventually got used to this, but I know some people who despise this feature as it encourages camping in their eyes. I also liked the return of currency in the form of squad points. They are earned at random times in matches, completing challenges and operations, or by completing field orders (brief in game mini-challenges). The extinction mode is IW's response to zombies. It features a hidden story (though not as elaborate as zombies), 4 player co-op, and a ranking system. But this time around, it features prestige mode, custom loadouts, different roles, boss fights, and actual endings rather than death. In the end, zombies is still better but that doesn't mean extinction is weak. Squads mode is also a great way for newbies to get used to the game since it's your squad of multiplayer characters (10 max, 6 at a time per match) vs another player's squad. You still earn XP (even if it's a little), squad points, and occasional XP boosts for squads. Overall, Ghost's multiplayer isn't as bad as everyone's been saying it is. 7/10

Verdict:
    Ghosts can be frustrating to play on multiplayer if you don't like dying too fast, but in the right lobby, the multiplayer's a ton of fun to play (as with all Call of Duties). The story may be weak and the gameplay similar to previous Call of Duties, but the improvement in texture quality and in overall multiplayer is enough to say that this game's worth a price drop. Rating 7/10
  28. Dec 25, 2013
    I think that this is a pretty good game. Any FPS that makes me want to run around my house in a ghillie suit is a good game and this game made me want run around with a ghosts mask. However that was the campaign the multiplayer gave me flashbacks of MW3 where my opponents would spawn about 5 meters behind me and get an easy kill. But after a while I would get use to it but that's onlyI think that this is a pretty good game. Any FPS that makes me want to run around my house in a ghillie suit is a good game and this game made me want run around with a ghosts mask. However that was the campaign the multiplayer gave me flashbacks of MW3 where my opponents would spawn about 5 meters behind me and get an easy kill. But after a while I would get use to it but that's only because I love COD. If anyone either doesn't love COD or wants to try COD this isn't a good place to start. Moving back to the campaign the one problem I had was most of the time my team and the opponents looked about the same. To sum up it's an okay game for die hard fans but for people who don't love COD it might not be the best COD to start with. Expand
  29. Feb 22, 2014
    A fairly decent game from Infinity Ward, A story thats quite divisive in its objective to deliver pulse pounding, some fans will feel off put by the story, some will be drawn in, The Multiplayer has seen better days but the amount of customisation available makes it so there's something for everyone
  30. Mar 26, 2014
    Yeah, I do thing Activision don't know what's inovation. They promise new great graphics, and the game doesn't have. The campaign, well, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. The multiplayer is going to worth for 10 hours, but after that you stop enjoying it, and you are probrably going to stay on bf4, or gta V, the last of us, etc. Anyway, there's a mode against aliens. I don't liked it. TheYeah, I do thing Activision don't know what's inovation. They promise new great graphics, and the game doesn't have. The campaign, well, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. The multiplayer is going to worth for 10 hours, but after that you stop enjoying it, and you are probrably going to stay on bf4, or gta V, the last of us, etc. Anyway, there's a mode against aliens. I don't liked it. The graphics are bad. Expand
  31. Mar 6, 2014
    Ghost is just okay for an arcade game. The game is playable if the community of young campers aged under 12 years are forgotten. Several map are too big for as little amount of player. Must still say that the game is "Correct". Of course it will never surpass MW2 or even games such as Battlefield.
  32. Mar 12, 2014
    This call of duty is the same stuff we get every year. The story is forgettable and the multiplayer has issues that keep this call of duty my least favorite in the series. If activision doesn't make the next game good I'm done with call of duty
  33. May 9, 2014
    They did a really good job with the game. Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer changed things up a bit and made a extremely fast paced, action packed and compelling story. The only problem here is, it is still too similar, we have seen this formula too many times.

There is a nice bit of content, extinction is the freshest feeling thing here and s a nice addition, just a little to much like zombies. In terms of mutiplayer, guns are solid and so it hit detection, there are also some neat throw ins like destructible environments, but this is nothing like that of Battlefield. It simply allows players to get to different places easier or open up and area. There are also not many kill streaks which is a bit of a disappointment. Those there are still cool things like the Dog and the Hunter Killer.

Call of Duty Ghosts may be all too familiar but is still one of the greatest first person shooters out there.
  34. Dec 20, 2013
    An enjoyable fast-paced action game with all-too-familiar Call-of-Duty controls. Although the story is fresh and interesting, the game play quickly feels like just another extension of the same franchise, and it is somewhat brief. The graphics seem to not reach their potential for the new generation of consoles, but the fps/animation on the PS4 is SUPER smooth.

GAME PLAY Like all

GAME PLAY
    Like all Calls of Duty, you will jump right into the action, and once you do, it's a never ending sequence of ducking for cover, peeking out ever-so-carefully, and sending out a barrage of Left Trigger/Right Triggers combos until you can dash forward to another barrier, thereby allowing your party to advance and stop a group of enemies from re-spawning. It is not that this is a bad game design; on the contrary, it's been quite successful. Yet being the 10th installment of the series, one begins to desire a little more innovation besides peaking out from corners and sliding; neither of which proved very useful while completing the game on Veteran. The various environments, vehicles, and weapons keep the game interesting, and the fast pace keeps you from getting too fatigued by the lack of game play innovation; but such a pace comes at the expense of game hours. I'm not an expert FPS gamer, and I was able to complete Veteran in under 10 hours. However, there are many parts of the game in which you just DIE way too quickly after restart, which has been a frustrating aspect of all Calls of Duty; the proverbial 5-minute span of "How the hell do I keep dying within the first 1.5 seconds?"

The achievements/trophies deserve some mention, as unlike many other games all of these are quite manageable. Some are not very easy to achieve at all (and they shouldn't be), but they neither are absurd nor require hours of replay to try to master or achieve.

DIFFICULTY
    As is the case with all Calls of Duty, this is not a very difficult game, even on Veteran. All that is required is a general knowledge of where enemies come from; then they can be whittled away through patience, as aiming is not in issue in this series.

STORY
    The story is very well thought-out. No spoilers will be given, but it must be mentioned that it is a totally separate story line from previous Calls of Duty. One does not need to have played any prior Call of Duty if he wishes to flesh out any background. The alternate reality is based on the present, possibly +10-20 years.

TALENT
    The voice talent in the game is acceptable, but nothing outstanding. Characters offer little drama beyond the standard, to-be-expected military jargon and bravado. It's enjoyable, but there will be no memorable moments from talent of this game.

SUMMARY
    Pros: Fast-Paced Action, Smooth Frame Rate/Animation, Great Mix of Scenarios, Able to Complete All Achievements
    Cons: Brevity, Lack of Innovation, Frequency of Rapid Deaths on Restarts
  35. Dec 23, 2013
    i'm going to give this a six because its playable. on its own this game is quite good. there is a single player which isn't un-enjoyable but it lacks oomph. shooting people in different settings for six hours and screaming at it every five minutes was pretty much my experience. although some would say that the campaign is great I think they are trying to do something new with the oldi'm going to give this a six because its playable. on its own this game is quite good. there is a single player which isn't un-enjoyable but it lacks oomph. shooting people in different settings for six hours and screaming at it every five minutes was pretty much my experience. although some would say that the campaign is great I think they are trying to do something new with the old recipe and they did, sort of.
    the online multiplayer as usual is full of angry 12 year olds and that "one good guy" in the match finished off with lag. the new mechanics are definitely overrated and especially when the b******s send me an email saying I can thank them for adding three new things. the class system is good but to have good multiplayer you need to have good gameplay that holds up under scrutiny. you could kill the online characters with toast. no health I couldn't be bothered with it and the fact that it continuously said I couldn't download the team leader pack because I didn't have the season pass which I did was very annoying.
    I didn't even bother with extinction. its just a zombies derivative, I guess if that's your cup of tea that will be fun.
    this isn't a bad game it just seems unfinished. if you look at it on its own its very good, interesting and fun and I wont lie I have enjoyed it. but I certainly shouldn't be bored within two weeks of purchase. I expected more from the series and I was let down.
  36. Dec 25, 2013
    Okay, this game does not introduce many new features, yet the multiplayer is still playable and does not lag nearly as much as battlefield 4. Same old call of duty again, with new maps but not many new features. If you havent played call of duty before, you will likely like this game, yet if you have picked up every copy since call of duty 4 which came out in 2007, you will most likely beOkay, this game does not introduce many new features, yet the multiplayer is still playable and does not lag nearly as much as battlefield 4. Same old call of duty again, with new maps but not many new features. If you havent played call of duty before, you will likely like this game, yet if you have picked up every copy since call of duty 4 which came out in 2007, you will most likely be bored by now. I say rent it or wait until the price comes down. Expand
  37. Jan 1, 2014
    For the PS4 it offers great beauty due to native 1080p for a next gen console. I'm happy to say it was a great change from MW3. Multiplayer offers more game modes to enjoy and is definently more balenced than other COD games. I find my self getting killed by two bullets on every gun though. Squads was good to help gain a bit XP and safeguard is good to. The story is ok but it is way betterFor the PS4 it offers great beauty due to native 1080p for a next gen console. I'm happy to say it was a great change from MW3. Multiplayer offers more game modes to enjoy and is definently more balenced than other COD games. I find my self getting killed by two bullets on every gun though. Squads was good to help gain a bit XP and safeguard is good to. The story is ok but it is way better than BF4 story. Extictinction was good too but needs a buff on guns and slow down the aliens and somehow work on making the players more of a team more. Expand
  38. Dec 27, 2013
    Everybody is making this installment of the Call of Duty franchise look bad. Well the game's story is actually probably one of the best out of the newer Call of Duties. The characters give a good meaning to the story aside for Keegan. I actually felt kind of sad at some parts of the story. The sound track was decent not as good as BO2 but still ok. Graphics however are pretty good IEverybody is making this installment of the Call of Duty franchise look bad. Well the game's story is actually probably one of the best out of the newer Call of Duties. The characters give a good meaning to the story aside for Keegan. I actually felt kind of sad at some parts of the story. The sound track was decent not as good as BO2 but still ok. Graphics however are pretty good I would like to see better ones but not bad for a launch title.

Multiplier is a bit broken, the spawns are terrible you will die as you spawn but has of now there is a patch note about fixing the spawns which is good. People don't seem to like how you die so quickly but I personally like it. For the people who don't like dying quickly they added Heavy Duty which is comparable to BO2 multiplier. The maps are a controversy in Ghosts, the are complicated with multiple flank routes so you are never truly safe. The new maps add a new sense of strategy in the game. The game modes are fun Blitz, Cranked, and Search and rescue are fun.

Squads is a nice addition to the game. You can have a squad of fully customized soldiers even to the point you can pick their gender. The AI is definitely the best out of the Call of Duties of course they're some goofy things you can run in to but that is bound to happen in any game.

Extinction is really fun until you realize that you get one map. I know that with DLC you get more but really you couldn't add one more map.

Overall the game is good better than MW3. I encourage you to play the campaign plus if you don't like dying quick play heavy duty.
  39. Dec 30, 2013
    Same all over again. CoD games such as MW3 and Ops 2 were great but the game lacks creativity. There is nothing new to this. The maps are fairly simple and small but after playing Battlefield you cannot compare the two; Battlefield is so better. Nice thing about this game is that there is a lot of game modes to choose from but i was disappointed that there was not stick and stones and oneSame all over again. CoD games such as MW3 and Ops 2 were great but the game lacks creativity. There is nothing new to this. The maps are fairly simple and small but after playing Battlefield you cannot compare the two; Battlefield is so better. Nice thing about this game is that there is a lot of game modes to choose from but i was disappointed that there was not stick and stones and one in the chamber as they were great an fun modes. This has been a dissapionted as this is just like all CoD games, the campaign was quite fun and nice. The story from the campaign was not bad but not the best i have seen!bIf you guys have not played Battlefield 4, you must! Expand
  40. Jan 14, 2014
    Mediocre game overall. The goods: Fun campaign game-play, Extinction mode(really fun, and better than i thought it would be), Killing AI in local play, and great game to play when friends come over! The bads: The campaign story was bland. The multiplayer is really unbalanced and boring. Bad community.
  41. Jan 16, 2014
    HUGE Call of Duty fan… Severely disappointed with this game.

Campaign As for the campaign the game play was pretty fun, the sound was incredible, the guns were cool, the story itself was okay, but the voice acting itself was pretty terrible at parts. As for the "next-gen" graphics on the PS4, you can tell it was using a slightly better version of the same engine as all of the other
    HUGE Call of Duty fan… Severely disappointed with this game.

Campaign

As for the campaign the game play was pretty fun, the sound was incredible, the guns were cool, the story itself was okay, but the voice acting itself was pretty terrible at parts. As for the "next-gen" graphics on the PS4, you can tell it was using a slightly better version of the same engine as all of the other COD games. While the game did look attractive from far away, when walking up close to objects you couldn't really see as much detail in the objects as one could in other PS4 games.

Multiplayer

That being said I've never really bought a Call of Duty games just to play the campaign. With over hundreds and hundreds of hours spent playing all of the previous COD games I must say that this ones multiplayer has definitely been my least favorite. The maps are absolutely MASSIVE and even when playing Ground War (higher player game types) I still find myself spending half the game wandering around the map without seeing a single person. The leveling system in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. They basically took the Black Ops 1 leveling system of earning Currency based on how well you do and then using it to purchase guns and attachments. However, in Call of Duty Ghosts instead of just earning money you earn "Squad Points". Only problems is you earn SO little points each game that it takes a very long time to get one class going and decked out with everything you need; and it is especially difficult at the start when you really don't have anything. One thing I found particularly frustrating when trying new guns is that in order to really get a feel for whether or not I liked a gun I would have to first play 2-4 games or so (based on performance) just to have enough points to buy the gun. Then an additional 6-8 to try out different attachments and things to see if I like it. If at the end of the 10+ games I've played I find that I just don't like the gun I'm simply out of luck and have no way of redeeming those Squad points I've invested into the gun I don't like.

Over the multiplayer plays a lot like any of the other Call of Duty games, looks a lot like the other Call of Duty games, but loses that fast paced grittiness and intensity that has made me love the series.
  42. Jan 26, 2014
    This review is for the single player campaign of COD: Ghosts on PS4. I was surprised how much fun the game actually is given the current 3.1 Metacritic User Score. I haven't played a COD game since MW2, so with all the negative reviews for Ghosts, I was expecting completely broken gameplay. The opposite is true. The controls are silky smooth. The levels, while not breaking new ground inThis review is for the single player campaign of COD: Ghosts on PS4. I was surprised how much fun the game actually is given the current 3.1 Metacritic User Score. I haven't played a COD game since MW2, so with all the negative reviews for Ghosts, I was expecting completely broken gameplay. The opposite is true. The controls are silky smooth. The levels, while not breaking new ground in design, are coherent and interesting (Clockwork and Atlas Falls are particularly entertaining). The environments and character models are sufficiently "next-gen" (nothing mind-blowing, but certainly not bad). However, the lighting and particle effects really set the PS4 version of Ghosts apart from the PS3 and 360 iterations.

My 2 biggest gripes about Ghosts are the bonkers story and the incessant reuse of elements from previous COD games, including identical motion captures and dialogue lines (how many times in previous CODs have we heard a NPC say, "Enemy in the open!"?). The basic premise of the story feels like it should be in a Fallout game. While I can see a post-apocalyptic setting working in COD, I never got the feeling that the U.S. was on its knees. The Ghosts (and U.S. forces in general) were always well armed and had good tech. However, at least the story was understandable, which is more than I can say for Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Ghosts is not a bad game. The campaign doesn't explore any new territory, and definitely gives you a feeling of deja vu with all the reused dialogue and mo-cap, but this in no way breaks the game. The current negativity surrounding COD is not completely unwarranted--the series needs a breath of fresh air--but it is not broken. It's a solid shooter with solid mechanics. Infinity Ward simply rested on its laurels for Ghosts. But when your laurels are MW and MW2, can you blame them?
  43. May 12, 2014
    From looking at the ratings this game got, you would think it completely sucked. But it's an OK game, not good, not bad.

Personally I think the single player isn't worth playing, just the BF4's single player. And I personally suck at the multiplayer, so that goes out the window for me, and extinction isn't that fun either. But it's not a bad game either, it's just not good lol. 5/10

5/10 for me.

And technically, it looks far better than COD Black Ops II, but it still doesn't look all that "Next Gen". The graphics are merely average.

I don't think the game deserves a 3.3, but I definately don't recommend buying it.
  44. Feb 11, 2014
    Wow, the hate on this game has gone completely overboard (like there isn't anything worse). BF4 multiplayer is much more broken than this game (bugs, server crashes and lags). But no one gives a **** about that because it's "Battlefield". And if you want to criticize a game for being the same thing every year, where's the hate on Halo or EA Sports games? For some reason, CoD is like theWow, the hate on this game has gone completely overboard (like there isn't anything worse). BF4 multiplayer is much more broken than this game (bugs, server crashes and lags). But no one gives a **** about that because it's "Battlefield". And if you want to criticize a game for being the same thing every year, where's the hate on Halo or EA Sports games? For some reason, CoD is like the the Holocaust of video games. There are many worse games like Ride to Hell: Retribution, Terminator: Salvation and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. While I do hate CoD, I don't think it deserves all the universal backlash as I find this game to be and average, but disappointing, entry to the world's most popular FPS franchise. Multiplayer is still fun, being it's the best aspect of CoD. The campaign does lack a compelling and emotional story though, something that IS present in the MW franchise. It does very little to reinvent the franchise, adding only little bits and pieces. In the end, it just feels like the same game and you're paying £40 again for, what is essentially, a game you've already bought last year. No doubt the fans will continue to buy it every year but after MW2, the CoD franchise, from both companies, has declined in quality. Expand
  45. Feb 20, 2014
    Upon purchasing this game for my PlayStation 4, one of the first things that stuck out to me was the campaign. This campaign was slightly longer than previous COD campaigns, and I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. As far as the online play goes, I was surprised that the game looks as nice as it does despite the fact that it's being played on a next generation console. I also likeUpon purchasing this game for my PlayStation 4, one of the first things that stuck out to me was the campaign. This campaign was slightly longer than previous COD campaigns, and I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. As far as the online play goes, I was surprised that the game looks as nice as it does despite the fact that it's being played on a next generation console. I also like the weapons in this game and the optics options are very good. However, you die very quickly. If you are spotted first, you might as well give up because you are already dead. Also, there are not alot of options as far as killstreak rewards go. I have had better luck completing the field objectives and obtaining the rewards that way. After getting used to the controls and the layout of the game, I found this game to be quite enjoyable. Expand
  46. Mar 17, 2014
    AVERAGE - The story mode was interesting and the best mode in my opinion for this game. The multiplayer is very unbalanced and requires lots of improvements that seem to ignored. The extinction mode is uninteresting compared to the zombies mode which treyarch offers .
  47. Mar 19, 2014
    I think people have been unnecessarily harsh on this game. Yes the formula is similar to previous ones but it is good fun to play and the extinction mode is particularly good.
  48. Mar 22, 2014
    The biggest problem I have with Ghosts is that whilst the next-gen graphics are great, the gameplay and everything else has remained the same. I've been a Call of Duty fan and player since CoD4, and to be completely honest I've invested the least amount of time in Call of Duty Ghosts. I did achieve the Platinum trophy for this game in early December and since then I have only played it aThe biggest problem I have with Ghosts is that whilst the next-gen graphics are great, the gameplay and everything else has remained the same. I've been a Call of Duty fan and player since CoD4, and to be completely honest I've invested the least amount of time in Call of Duty Ghosts. I did achieve the Platinum trophy for this game in early December and since then I have only played it a handful of times. Extinction mode is fun, but the lack of advancement and repetitiveness get old pretty quick. Multiplayer is what you'd expect from a Call of Duty game. The Singleplayer was OK at best. Besides Riley, none of the characters made you hate or love them. If you're looking for a shooter that you can invest hours into multiplayer with your friends, then by all means get Call of Duty: Ghosts. If you're a gamer that usually likes something more than just shooting up enemies like you have with the previous installments of Call of Duty, I'd say wait to get the game cheap or skip it altogether. Expand
  49. Mar 21, 2014
    It's not the eye-popper it should be on the ps4 and xbone but its still a great game. Singleplayer is what you expect from cod and the multiplayer is fun. It's on a downslide but don't let the negative reviews put you off if you are a fan of the games.
  50. Apr 14, 2014
    The First Call Of Duty i have enjoyed in a long time, dont understand the hate that it is getting, a better campaign than in the previous 2-3 installments but still ridiculously melodramatic which is annoying. On the multiplayer side: 2-3 years ago i wrote a review for battlefield 3 where I said Call of Duty would always come second, this isnt true though Ghosts is a far superior game thenThe First Call Of Duty i have enjoyed in a long time, dont understand the hate that it is getting, a better campaign than in the previous 2-3 installments but still ridiculously melodramatic which is annoying. On the multiplayer side: 2-3 years ago i wrote a review for battlefield 3 where I said Call of Duty would always come second, this isnt true though Ghosts is a far superior game then battlefield 4 both on a single player and multiplayer perspective. Oh and Extinction... know idea what they were thinking there. 7/10 Expand
  51. Mar 24, 2014
    Horrible spawn places! Why they can't fix so easy thing? Ruins the game all the time. All those stupid dogs, helicopters rockets... get rid of them also! Have a gamemode without any stupid perks and other things, just pure game. Some horrible maps. You can't cancel map load(if it is one of the horribles you don't want to play).
    Otherwise good; nice player control and aiming. OK animation
    Otherwise good; nice player control and aiming. OK animation and graphics. Sad that rest of the things makes the whole game unplayable.
  52. Jun 24, 2014
    I haven't played a COD game since MW2 so maybe I am missing out on the negative reviews but Ghosts held up for me. A short, but entertaining story and hours of entertainment playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch online. Tried and true.
  53. Apr 6, 2014
    Extinction mode is great. Story mode is good. Multiplayer is disappointing, but OK. Overall, an experience that you'll keep coming back to, and is worth the getting, if you're not burnt out on the series yet.

P.S. If you're bored of COD games, then be done with the series and leave it alone, don't waste your time by hating on it by giving it a nonsense review. I know you think it's fun, but you should grow up. Ok? Okay.
  54. Apr 18, 2014
    I use to be on the hate-wagon for Call Of Duty, but it's really not the child slaver funded, Satan loving, piece of **** as people let on. It's just a highly polished, repetitive shooter. The campaigns while always falling flat on their face.. show some dedication. You can see some of the developers actually put effort into making an energetic, highly explosive campaign, which certainlyI use to be on the hate-wagon for Call Of Duty, but it's really not the child slaver funded, Satan loving, piece of **** as people let on. It's just a highly polished, repetitive shooter. The campaigns while always falling flat on their face.. show some dedication. You can see some of the developers actually put effort into making an energetic, highly explosive campaign, which certainly pays of in thrills. This particular installment is no different, but the story is terrible. The ghosts are unlikable, Riley doesn't have a character as he was touted as having) and the missions lack some of the set pieces the originals had and were soporific. The whole package is average and the multiplayer is very similar to previous installments. So if you bored of those, this doesn't offer anything new. Expand
  55. Jun 1, 2014
    I have to admit, Ghosts is an average fun shooter. But it's lack of innovation really bogs down this game. With lackluster graphics (come on, we are in next gen!),simplistic linear storyline, and mw3 clone online, Ghosts cannot break the mold. 5 out of 10
  56. Nov 25, 2014
    As a previous fan of the franchise, I can safely say that this is the weakest installment. I had such high hopes for this game, especially the campaign. But instead, all I got was a little throwback to the modern warfare series with basically no emotional involvement towards the characters. As for the multiplayer, it is the most ambitious, but also the most problematic. There are muchAs a previous fan of the franchise, I can safely say that this is the weakest installment. I had such high hopes for this game, especially the campaign. But instead, all I got was a little throwback to the modern warfare series with basically no emotional involvement towards the characters. As for the multiplayer, it is the most ambitious, but also the most problematic. There are much fewer modes than in its superior predecessor, Black Ops 2. The maps are simply too big for Call of Duty, and the guns kill even more quickly than in Modern Warfare 2. So, in other words, two bullets from about any gun will kill you before you can even aim down your sights. It's just a matter of who shoots first, and considering the map size, have fun running a little while before you find someone else again, only to get killed again, and make the long trip back again. You'd better be a good shot if you expect to have a lot of fun with this game's multiplayer. Extinction is a lot of fun, but it loses its steam after a few games, even with a full lobby of friends. I used to be such a fan of Call of Duty, but after Ghosts, I'm heavily reconsidering getting Advanced Warfare or other future CoD games.

Campaign - 4/10
    Multiplayer - 5/10
    Other modes - 6/10

Overall - 5/10
  57. Aug 3, 2014
    Now, I bet you're thinking that I'm a COD fan-boy or something like that. I'm not, because this is the 1st COD game that I've ever owned in my life, and I've got to say that I now understand what everybody's talking about in these COD discussion forums.

Well, it's the typical type of FPS that you'll see in every COD game. Fast-paced and fluent, with customizable load-outs to adapt to your style of gameplay. It's not as good as the Modern Warfare series, but it's gameplay's solid. The single-player campaign is really cool and fun as well, I mean, you can shoot in space for crap's sake! It's a huge step over MW3's bland campaign. Also, guard dogs are so awesome, the only reason that I ever bead my friend's KD is because I get a Guard Dog and get a really high kill-streak.

Now the cons. It's the same crap that Activision puts out every year, with the same god danged controls. I mean, there's barely any difference between Ghosts and all the other COD games. The story is completely fictional and unrealistic as well. All of South America teaming up against the USA? Fat chance. Sure, the metal rods from space was cool, but that's it. Oh yeah, and the multiplayer is full of underage idiots calling everyone f****t c*cksuckers.

Bottom line, I'd give this game a 7/10, but this is only because that this is the 1st CoD game that I've actually played in-depth (I played MW3 a couple of times, and I hated it), and this, to me, is a new experience. If you don't like this review, well too bad.
  58. Sep 16, 2014
    Ghosts is a good game, it has a good campaign but not a very memorable one. Multiplayer is as you would expect from a call of duty game: fun but not as fun as MW2. Doesn't seem to be a next gen game at all, looks just as good graphically as Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Nothing really jumps out at you in this game at all, there is not any co-op game modes like Spec Ops in Modern WarfareGhosts is a good game, it has a good campaign but not a very memorable one. Multiplayer is as you would expect from a call of duty game: fun but not as fun as MW2. Doesn't seem to be a next gen game at all, looks just as good graphically as Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Nothing really jumps out at you in this game at all, there is not any co-op game modes like Spec Ops in Modern Warfare 2 or Zombies from Black Ops apart from Extinction which is rubbish. But not a terrible game overall. Expand
  59. Mar 17, 2015
    Its easily one of the worst, if not the worst Call of Duty ever made. The franchise is stuck on the same thing and has lacked on innovation since Modern Warfare 2.
  60. Aug 31, 2014
    This game was fun for a month maybe, but after that it was not fun anymore. The multiplayer was fun, but not as fun as earlier entries in the CoD franchise. The maps was bad designed and I didn't like them. The best map in Ghosts is as good as the worst map in Black Ops, and that's saying something. I didn't care at all for the campaign, and it was kind of boring.
  61. Sep 8, 2014
    As much as I (used to) love this franchise, this is a really weak game. The campaign (yes, I actually play the campaign in Call of Duty games) was fun, but way too short and the multiplayer was the worst in any Call of Duty game yet. Extinction was interesting, I'll give it that, but as a whole this game wasn't very enjoyable. Which is too bad, because I really wanted to like it.
  62. Sep 10, 2014
    This is one of those games that you ever love it or hate it.
    Most people hate this game but I don't. Yes, modern warfare and black ops was better but this game does deserve a better review than it's getting.
    This is one of those games that you ever love it or hate it.
    The main problems are camping on multiplayer is worse than ever, you die in about 2 bullets and the killstreaks are bad. The juggernaut isn't worth the time. There's a new killstreak (10 in assault) called the Maniac which gives you a combat knife and a throwing knife, you run extremely fast and have the same health as a juggernaut, this is one of the better ones. The automatic battlehind (9 in assault) in also good. The guard dog is OP, only 5 kills in Assault and that thing is hard to kill and will sneak up and kill you.

There's a new mode called Extinction where you fight Aliens and I really like that. It is obviously IW copying Treyarch Zombies but you can actually beat/win extinction.

Overall, I would buy it now it's gone a lot cheaper.
  63. Oct 26, 2014
    With Call of Duty you know what you're getting. An annualised rehash of the same shooter that folk mostly play for the multiplayer component. That half of the game is decent as for the campaign, you get a bombastic, blockbuster action film-esque story of reasonable length with more pretty, explosive set pieces than you can keep count of. Sure it's not as smartly written as Black Ops II butWith Call of Duty you know what you're getting. An annualised rehash of the same shooter that folk mostly play for the multiplayer component. That half of the game is decent as for the campaign, you get a bombastic, blockbuster action film-esque story of reasonable length with more pretty, explosive set pieces than you can keep count of. Sure it's not as smartly written as Black Ops II but it's a fun diversion and on PS4, it's gorgeous too. Expand
  64. Nov 15, 2014
    Left a bad taste in my mouth, Has bad lag and the Multiplayer is dumbed down to the point that it feels like a chore to finish a match, Fundamentally the game is well made and it does have a decent single-player campaign, But overall it's not a very good game.
  65. Nov 18, 2014
    A downgrade to one of the greatest and most accomplished series in video game history that could have ruined my taste for Call of Duty and future shooters.
  66. Jan 20, 2015
    My least favorite cod. Multiplayer added nothing new, and the campaign is pretty much a typical, pretty boring 5 hour story. Just a dull game, that will only be a little fun for an hour or so.
  67. Jul 3, 2015
    Like the PS3 version, the campaign is terrible, but the multiplayer is much better on the PS4. The public matches are still terrible, but eSports Search and Destroy is quite good in this game so that bumps up the overall score from 2 to 5.
  68. Apr 30, 2015

1. Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.