3.4

1. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what kind of kool-aid those professional reviewers are drinking or those planted user reviews but this game is total garbage,you would think they would have fix the re-spawns but they are exactly the same,spawning someone from another team right behind you every single time you re-spawn.Why even put cranked in their with 6 vs 6 on those huge maps,finding someone before youI don't know what kind of kool-aid those professional reviewers are drinking or those planted user reviews but this game is total garbage,you would think they would have fix the re-spawns but they are exactly the same,spawning someone from another team right behind you every single time you re-spawn.Why even put cranked in their with 6 vs 6 on those huge maps,finding someone before you explode is a pain.Hard to believe ign gave these game a 8.8 that score is laughable.Folks from someone who tried to gave next-gen cod a chance they is really nothing to see here, same trashy game play different console you'd better of picking up battlefield 4 or killzone shadowfall. Expand
  2. Jan 30, 2014
    Not a bad game, but also not a really good one. Same old COD story, gameplay and graphics. Since it's on a next-gen console you have some expectations, but this game looks bad, especially when you compare it to Battlefield 4 and even more so to Killzone Shadow Fall.
    So to me it's not a must buy, but you should consider it if you're a die-hard COD multiplayer fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2013
    The best CoD since MW1 +2 .

+ Finally, a new graphics engine The game runs again with 60 permanent frames and already feels like the old parts awesome on the movement and aiming . + Finally back bigger maps! So also again recoil from the weapons important as was the case already in MW1 +2 . + The new Perkmodus is very complex and like it very very much! + Improved Killstreaks
    The best CoD since MW1 +2 .

+ The new Perkmodus is very complex and like it very very much!

+ Improved Killstreaks Radar anti radar has been removed Very good Activision !

+ The soldiers level system I like also very good in multiplayer. They can also be equipped with new clothes and there is finally the famous MW1 "Sniper Grass Cloth .

+ Soldiers troops Mode Very awesome You can play up his own squad The ki takes over the other That brings hundreds of hours of game play The AI is even to very good (I do not know a shooter with better AI )

+ Alien mode: Ghosts vs Zerg Starcraft2 is a very brilliant op mode makes a lot of fun with friends and brings again a few hours of game play .

+ The new registration system of weapons is MUCH better than BO2 No, there are no overpowered weapons. I can use any weapon to defeat someone. The new Perksystem you can also get many abilitys reach for small medium and long range SMG Rifle Sniper .

+ The sound such steps was adjusted back to the old share .

+ Single Player I have not tried yet .

- A few cards are kinda too big
    - Connection Problems (but the quantity playing the game no wonder .

10/10 Buy it!
  4. Feb 10, 2014
    no es posible que un juego, que ya va como en su novena edicion, y que su jugabilidad se concentra en el multiplayer online (la campaña deja mucho que desear) tenga un lag tan asqueroso que lo hace injugable. una perdida de dinero... se encuentra juntando polvo al lado de la ps4.
  5. Nov 5, 2013
    I wanted to hate this game, I really did. The taste left in my mouth after MW3 made me fearful that the franchise had peaked. But after a few hours I really found my groove and had good old fashioned fun. An improvement over MW3 in every way, and I feel, the true successor to MW2., where MW3 felt like MW 2.5. MAp are a little on the large size, but I'm sure that all will be fixed on theI wanted to hate this game, I really did. The taste left in my mouth after MW3 made me fearful that the franchise had peaked. But after a few hours I really found my groove and had good old fashioned fun. An improvement over MW3 in every way, and I feel, the true successor to MW2., where MW3 felt like MW 2.5. MAp are a little on the large size, but I'm sure that all will be fixed on the next gen. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    This game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns andThis game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns and to top it off a lot of game modes from the previous CoD's were removed. It's truly a half assed call of duty. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2014
    Waayyy too much testosterone on show here. So much in fact I wonder if the whole game is some homo-erotic in-joke.
    You're in space...you're a dog...you're in a tank that handles like a Ferrari and so on.
    Buy it. Play it. Then sell it to some poor sod on ebay.
  8. Jun 8, 2014
    Singleplayer was really short, it shows off the same graphical engine as 2007.
    Even with a console coming up that tear, the future call of duty was still focused on using the same engine, for 7 years.

i'm done with buying call of duty games, unless all my friends recommend me to play it.

Make a new engine to revive the dying franchise.
    the score i will give this game is a 3/10
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    Unfortunately Call of Duty/Activision/Infinity Ward has failed to produce a game worthy of the next gen hardware. Multiplayer is slow and clunky, gone are the days of fast paced fun. Most of the maps are great for hiding and waiting or sniping from a perch, the thrill of the game is gone. I was not hoping for much, it is Call of Duty, but to waste $60 on this game is a slap in the faceUnfortunately Call of Duty/Activision/Infinity Ward has failed to produce a game worthy of the next gen hardware. Multiplayer is slow and clunky, gone are the days of fast paced fun. Most of the maps are great for hiding and waiting or sniping from a perch, the thrill of the game is gone. I was not hoping for much, it is Call of Duty, but to waste $60 on this game is a slap in the face of Killzone:Shadowfall, which is a much better game. Killzone:Shadowfall was built for the PS4, looks gorgeous, has an interesting campaign, and the multiplayer is fast paced. Activision really needs to look at the formula and retool what is not working, which at this rate is the entire design of the game. Expand
  10. Nov 5, 2013
    Between the ages of 12-16 lie a group of people who, with cheetos stains on their shirts, wake up at the stroke of midnight to satisfy their craving for attention by knocking a game they have never played. It is really sad that these kids have absolutely no life but do not feel sorry for them they made the choice to dedicate hours and hours of time to become such a massive reject to theBetween the ages of 12-16 lie a group of people who, with cheetos stains on their shirts, wake up at the stroke of midnight to satisfy their craving for attention by knocking a game they have never played. It is really sad that these kids have absolutely no life but do not feel sorry for them they made the choice to dedicate hours and hours of time to become such a massive reject to the world. These people are trolls Expand
  11. Nov 18, 2013
    Garbage. I will be trading this game in. It is more of the same, and it is getting so old. Nothing about it is interesting, innovative, or fun. The online issues still persist, there is glitching, hit detection is all over the place.

I have not had so little fun playing a game in a long time. Get Killzone or Battlefield instead.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    Ghosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a goodGhosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a good thing. The gunplay is tight as ever and the tweaking of the weapons finally makes every choice equal. The patches feel like a big step down from the customization of black ops but the outfits and helmets are a step in the right direction. It's just a shame they all look similar and there was never a carrot at the end of a string for me to chase. Squads is laughable and makes me wonder what they were thinking. I'd much rather have one character that truly feels like my creation. Don't get me wrong, ill spend countless hours on ghosts but I hope they try harder in the future. The bread is getting stale, at least put some jelly on it for me. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2014
    I thought this would have been better on the PS4 but clearly its a copy and paste of the PS3 version. Same crap different console. I would avoid getting this game, even with the £10 upgrade from the PS3 version, its still not worth the money.

Avoid this game.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    The sad truth is, Call of Duty campaigns and its general gameplay has lacked meaningful innovation for quite a long time. This entry is no different. While they have introduced Squads (which is, I admit, a very intriguing mode to try out), don't expect any daring attempt at innovation. In the end, this is yet another blatant money grab for our pockets, whilst "playing it safe" byThe sad truth is, Call of Duty campaigns and its general gameplay has lacked meaningful innovation for quite a long time. This entry is no different. While they have introduced Squads (which is, I admit, a very intriguing mode to try out), don't expect any daring attempt at innovation. In the end, this is yet another blatant money grab for our pockets, whilst "playing it safe" by staying to the "tried and true" Call of Duty formula.

As for the graphics...they are about what you would expect for a Call of Duty title. Had I not known it was a new engine, I would never have guessed, as the graphics look quite dated when matched against other recently released games.

The Story for the single player campaign also was quite unengaging, sticking close to all of the Call of Duty cliches. There was no exciting or unpredictable twists, no real attempt by the writers to get me to connect with the characters in the story. In fact, about halfway through the campaign, I realized that I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, or even what would happen in the larger scope of the war that was going on. It was a huge disconnect, and In short, it was quite boring.

As always, multiplayer is interesting, though again, do not expect any surprises. They make some changes, sure, but not large enough changes to really change the formulaic call of duty approach. Thus, if you've played multiplayer on call of duty at any time over the last 3 or 4 years, you can consider yourself to have pretty much experienced this year's rendition of it as well.

Because of the lack of MEANINGFUL innovation in its campaign or multiplayer, its lack of an engaging story, its lack of engaging characters, and its lack of graphical innovation, I have given this game a score of 2 out of 10. Call of Duty needs to break new ground. Innovate!
  15. Dec 4, 2013
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the game is just... mediocre all over. graphically the game doesn't feel next gen the single player sucks, normally I love COD single player for at least 1 play through but I barely made it through COD ghosts, it's bad. the final 2 missions are the only good ones. the multiplayer has all the issues
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the multiplayer has all the issues with other cod games (getting shot makes you aim up in the air for no reason, quick scoping, and panic knifing, terrible spawns) but nothing that makes it fun.

since battlefield 4 and killzone shadow fall is 60fps now, the smooth feeling can be found in other games both of those games run 60fps so it's smooth like cod, and both look better. there is just no reason to play cod anymore.

the only new and welcome addition is extinction mode which is somewhat like nazi zombies. the game mode is kinda fun but it's not enough to redeem the game. COD Ghosts is the epitome of mediocrity. if you like cod, get battlefield 4 and get cod as well.
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player runningbsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  17. Dec 3, 2013
    I really do not understand the negative reviews this game is getting. All the core elements that make up the call of duty franchise are present and accounted for. I agree it hasn't made any leaps or bounds and charging people £50 for a new short story and some new online maps is perhaps excessive but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game itself. The graphics on the PS4 areI really do not understand the negative reviews this game is getting. All the core elements that make up the call of duty franchise are present and accounted for. I agree it hasn't made any leaps or bounds and charging people £50 for a new short story and some new online maps is perhaps excessive but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the game itself. The graphics on the PS4 are brilliant, the controls are tight as usual. If you want to sit for 4 hours and not see anyone to shoot online get Battlefield, otherwise get COD. Expand
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    *Disclaimer: This review is based off of an extensive rental of this game, I HAVE REFUSED TO PURCHASE COD since Black Ops 1 (reasons explained below)*
    It's awesome as well as hilarious that COD: Ghosts has a title that is a self-fulfilling prophecy; this franchise will be nothing more than dead as a ghost after this game. Rehashed graphics, rehashed story, and even worse (but not surprising), the same worn out old multiplayer mechanics and function. Admittedly I SO HOPED that they would introduce that ONE innovative idea, or cool new feature, or ONE defining evolution to set it apart as a DIFFERENT Call of Duty game than the rest....but none I could recall during my many hours of play.
    In brief: Same COD, different year. Fanboys will love it, Haters will hate it. Do yourself a favor, step out-of-the-box (or bubble) and give a different game a try: BF4, AC4, heck even GT5. Games that have at least made a decent attempt at introducing some sort of innovation to their franchises instead of serving up sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths....and so on.
  19. Nov 25, 2013
    I have been a long time COD fan and the series has been getting worse since MW2 IMHO. Ghosts isn't any better. The maps aren't good and the game play is stale. I haven't been enjoying Ghosts at all, but I have started playing Battlefield 4 which I am enjoying a lot. Especially now Battlefield has a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in its playlists. Anyways I wouldn'tI have been a long time COD fan and the series has been getting worse since MW2 IMHO. Ghosts isn't any better. The maps aren't good and the game play is stale. I haven't been enjoying Ghosts at all, but I have started playing Battlefield 4 which I am enjoying a lot. Especially now Battlefield has a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in its playlists. Anyways I wouldn't suggest COD Ghosts, try something else for an online shooter. Hope this helps! Like I said i have been a long time, hardcore fan of COD and want to like Ghosts but don't. Oh and the graphics are terrible, after playing battlefield ghosts looks like a cartoon. Expand
  20. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played all the Call of Duty's since the first Modern Warfare. Each year the game has taken a smaller step forward from previous years.

However, I've been blown away by how great the next-gen PS4 particle effects and graphics look. It's stunning how pretty this game is. Bravo !!! Then as far as the single player campaign it's a 5 hour thrill ride. Short... yes... but

Then as far as the single player campaign it's a 5 hour thrill ride. Short... yes... but quality over quantity. I can't think of but a handful of games that even attempt anything this grand. Again... a lot of fun, and a wild ride.

The multiplayer has continued to be refined and is a smooth play with amazing graphics. The changes is are small, and all in all it just feels like quality COD, but nothing very new about it.

I've had a blast playing this game, and hats of to Infinity Ward for putting out a high-quality product.
  21. Nov 21, 2013
    I went out and purchased call of duty ghosts in the hope of it being something different than the previous four games. Man was I wrong, it is exactly the same mediocre rehash of Call of Duty 4 like the last four entries into this series. It has "new" maps for multiplayer that they cut and pasted some terrain and building from previous games just so they can save some time, even theI went out and purchased call of duty ghosts in the hope of it being something different than the previous four games. Man was I wrong, it is exactly the same mediocre rehash of Call of Duty 4 like the last four entries into this series. It has "new" maps for multiplayer that they cut and pasted some terrain and building from previous games just so they can save some time, even the campaign has some noticeable cut and pasting going. The guns are unbalanced, 50% of the players camp everywhere, the game is a complete joke. The campaign is about 5 hours long and is not very entertaining at all mainly because of the half baked voice overs. Needless to say I am now forever giving up on Call of Duty. Activision get you together and make an actually good Call of Duty for once! Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2013
    I enjoy CoD games, MW1 and Black Ops 2 were absolutely fantastic. While the graphics have stayed relatively the same, the features and changes over the years have improved the experience considerably.

However this year it isn't all that great. I don't play CoD for single player, I play Halo, Far Cry, GTA, and those games for story. This is exclusively kick back and shoot at digital characters to release frustration.

The main cons I have with the game. They still haven't fixed the spawn system. It is god awful and more than once in the same match I've spawned in the line of fire of the guy who just killed me. They ruined the pick 10 system. Sure being able to pick and choose the guns I want to get is great, but requiring points to get the attachments is infuriating. The menu to set up is convoluted as well. They broke the best class customization experience I've had thus far. Also the gun balance is terrible. Although that's to be expected from CoD. Halo 2 still has the best gun balance of any FPS I've played, no one has come close.

The maps are refreshing with more vertical possibilities and somewhat destructible environments, but some are way too large and impossible to find other players. Thermal scope is a huge improvement over the dual band scope in Black Ops 2. Less jarring and easier on the eyes. Some of the guns have attachments on them by default, which is somewhat helpful.

I'm still going to play the out of this game. The multiplayer is still addictive, albeit with some frustrating moments. I've had to adjust my gaming style from Black Ops 2, but in a way that's good. While the graphics aren't as huge an improvement as I thought they would be perhaps there will be some patches down the line to improve the experience.

TL;DR Considering the game was built on a new engine it isn't an improvement and a downgrade in some aspects. It'll be fun for CoD fans, especially since a lot of players will migrate from Black Ops 2 in the coming months, but if you were planning on jumping into FPS do not go with this game. Go with older FPS such as Halo CE anniversary or CoD MW.
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    When you write you a game review your meant to be reviewing that specific game and not comparing it to other games but most people compare COD's, in this review however I will be reviewing the game as it stands on this 2/01/2014. (I will be comparing a few things TBH but its hard not to when your writing a COD review.)

The first thing that caught my attention is how stunning this game

The first thing that caught my attention is how stunning this game looks, the new COD engine really stands out here, the 1080p looks amazing and the Sound/Lighting have also been completely re-done which look and sound amazing.

The story is pretty much the same that you get in any other COD, start mission, kill, kill, kill receive orders to move and kill along the way and what really sucks is that even though the game has "Ghosts" in its title meaning "Stealth" there aren't enough stealth missions to actually live up to that name and when there are stealth missions it's the same as its always been, start stealth and end guns blazing. The characters are likable and the general storyline is ok but it's not really enough to make it any different from the last but I still enjoyed it.

The multiplayer it different and same at the same time, it's still the name camping and hardscoping but the 'Create a Solider" and "Clans" is a great implementation and it's pro perks are gone which it ok I guess but the one thing that really pisses me off about multiplayer is the spawns, I have no idea what they've done but what seems to happen is enemies are always behind you even just as you spawn. Other then that multi is ok.

In my 100% personal opinion Squads is and terrible and nothing more then just multiplayer with bots instead of players.

Extinction is cool, its basically IW's attempt at ripping of Zombies but it still works, theres only 1 mission ATM but its pretty good and theres even a leveling system which is pretty nice and I actually generally enjoy leveling, it gives you something to play for in the game instead of just playing it.

I'm pretty happy with this game, it does have random FPS drops but other then that I'm pretty happy.
  24. Nov 7, 2013
    As someone who was able to cheaply rent a copy of Ghosts, I can fully report to you the following. DON'T BUY IT! Not that you needed me to tell you that, but Ghosts is a joke. Here is the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. And the fact that they already announced a new CoD, should speak volumes.

Good SP campaign is longer than most previous entries. It does a good job mixing up different stages to fight through. The perk system for Lag Ops II remains, only there is more options now. You can literally craft a player like never before given all the options available to you. The controls seem a little tighter than MW3. Quick-scoping is not as easy to do now, which is great because I've seen less of it in matches. The graphics for the SP are as good as they ever were. The only other good note I can mention is they offer non-customizable emblems as previous IW titles have. This is a good thing as you get tired of the racist, pro hitler displays so often found from the cussing 12 year-olds in the Black Ops game.

Bad The SP campaign still consists of your typical Michael Bay, slow motion throat-cutting, jump in the last second before a massive explosion campaign that we've seen for a decade now. The menus are ugly, pale, and an eyesore in many cases. Even the presentation of the multiplayer per how you increase rank, receive awards, etc.. seems worse than ever. The presentation of the menus, ranks, and challenge awards have gone down considerably. CoD still retains terrible hit detection as usual. Nothing like pumping 30 rounds into someone only to go down in an instant to a quick knife swipe to your shoulder. The new game modes are exciting for about 5 minutes but get boring really quickly. What's worse is they removed other classic staples of previous CoD games. Gone is Headquarters, Capture the Flag, and other entries.

Ugly The graphics on the multiplayer are the worst I've seen ever in a CoD game. They are worse the MW 1, 2, 3, and both Black Ops games. The screen tearing is constant, textures are not fully realized and fade quickly as you move away from them. The maps are so bland it is hard not to fall asleep as you run around trying to find people. Speaking of which, the maps are waaaaaaaaaaaay too damn big. You spend half the time running around just trying to find other players. Think of Battlefield size maps with no background animation and terrible graphics. The maps are uninteresting and very lifeless. Worse than previous CoD titles. The graphics almost feel like a movie set made of drywall rather than a real location. The SP campaign seems to use some cut scenes stolen from other CoD games. Some scenes seem all too familiar and now a guy on YouTube has posted comparison videos. Oh yeah... remember the dog they bragged about having... it is a novelty that is forgotten in the campaign without any real explanation. It is there one minute and gone the next without any consistency.

Rent this game if you are not convinced... but don't waste $60 on this crap. It is a waste of money. My review score comes without a check from Activision. I give a 3.5
  25. Dec 28, 2013
    I thought that maybe the 7th generation edition of COD: Ghosts was rushed and the 8th/next generation edition would be an improvement. I was never more wrong. Ghosts for the PS4 is complete and utter crap.
    This next-gen title still has the same terrible and tiny michael bay-esque campaign. The same horrific graphics and textures that FPSs like Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF, and even Blacklight: Retribution (A f*****g free to play game) blow out of the water. I can go as far as to say that every COD game since MW2 has had better graphics than this next-gen game.
    The servers are horrific and the community for this game is horrible as well. All I see are people camping and using either a sniper rifle or the MSBS assault rifle, the most overpowered gun I've ever seen in a video game.
    Also, Infinity Ward said that there would be much more customization in this game than ever before. That was also a complete lie. The only thing you can customize is your sex. All the squad characters you can choose are pre made and they all look very similar, other than their sex.
    Finally, the maps are the worst I've ever seen in a COD game. Every COD game has an iconic map that everyone loves to play on, whether it be the Terminal or Rust in MW2, Nuketown in BO, the Dome in MW3, and even Hijacked in BO2. This game has no memorable maps and, even worse, the maps are enormous (which kills the fun of COD for almost everybody except the elitists) and repetitive.
    Everything in this game is complete sh*t and this game is Call of Duty's (or at the very least Infinity Ward's) last hurrah. This game is a complete abomination to the FPS genre and is immediately getting sold by me and probably many more. Activision needs to kill Call of Duty and work on other projects, like Destiny.
  26. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what game the others are playing but my COD Ghosts is awesome! Not only are the graphics sweet as sugar the fact that it runs so smoothly is just icing on the gravy. Extinction is incredible fun and for the first time I actually like the campaign. The definitive version is this one.
  27. Dec 9, 2013
    While it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feelWhile it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feel very underwhelming.

Add on top of the fact that the real reason why COD was so competitive in the last generation was due to hardware limitations. It balanced out the lack of features with its slick gameplay at 60 frames-per-second. Unfortunately, at the dawn of a new console generation, its competitors will now enjoy the same smooth gameplay as well as its abundance of features, while COD is seemingly just playing catch up this time around.

COD Ghosts is enjoyable at what it does. It's just not the best at doing it anymore. I'm pretty sure the lack of innovation had a lot to do with Activision firing Infinity Ward's top developers, which in turn caused a mass exodus of its employees. (they all went on to develop Titanfall, which is looking to be a game changer)
  28. Nov 19, 2013
    I can give this game a 0 without even trying it, you know why?

Because every Call of Duty game is the same game. It's just new skins/level designs/etc all thrown into the same game engine.

Do yourself a favor and stop supporting this horrendous franchise.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Amazing game. Played 10 hours of multiplayer so far and im impressed. The sound is great and the new game is amazing. I've played all COD games and im enjoying this one very much. It's not a perfect game, but nothing that cant be fixed with a patch. Two issues, spawn locations and add more game types.
  30. Nov 23, 2013
    I have not minded any of the campaigns in COD before. That being said, this is the worst story I have ever had to take part in. At no point did I care about any of the characters or who lived or died. The plot line is way out there and they need to step it back a bit and go for something a bit more believable.

Online connects very fast with games and is fun for a short time. It isn't

Online connects very fast with games and is fun for a short time. It isn't like the others where you feel like you are moving up the ranks and having fun doing it. It is a shame Battlefield 4 is broken and COD gave us this for a new console launch. Last years games would have been better than this so far.
  31. Sep 7, 2014
    Meh. Nothing really great. The multiplayer is okay, but too many freezes and too long of delay in the gaming lobby means you could wait around 10 mins for a game only to freeze upon playing. Bit of joy-kill. Also seems there has been a massive drop in the number of people who play this online. I've been playing these titles since CoD 3. But this is my last one.
  32. Nov 22, 2013
    This game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours andThis game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours and multiplayer is as dry as ever. Expand
  33. Apr 1, 2014
    I really like the singel-player game, really detailed and thought through, but I really think the multiplayer is a un-sharpen diamond. It got some flaws with spawn points and I think they should have a little spawn time.
  34. Mar 20, 2014
    By far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy itBy far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy it at a lower price. Expand
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has what most people want in a shooter; quick to gameplay multiplayer, fair matchmaking and it is designed with practicality in mind. Don't let yourself get influenced by the amount of negative reviews. Play it and see for yourself.
  36. Nov 23, 2013
    This has to be the worst call of duty game ever made first the maps are to big the gun on gun is broken it seems like it takes 10 bullets to kill but you get killed. with one ,the graphics are same as 8 years ago the kills streaks are garbage really disappointed with this game don't waste your money on this game:(
  37. Nov 15, 2013
    lets put all the silly reviews stating a same product and similar things aside and look at this game as a true gamer and review it
    personally ghost is not a bad start as a cross gen/next gen. it does have a lot of potential to go with it. in terms of story the game does manage to offer a "not bad" kind of story, sometimes you hear funny or out of contex dialogues, some of the characters are not deeply discovered or they just act like heros that we have seen a million times. ghost may share a common thing with okder CODs but in fact its whole of a new thing and more or less it is an interesting concept also. in terms if gameplay COD is still what it was as before. kill n go and enjoy explosions and cool action stuff. i am really satisfied with the level of action in the game and its presentation quality. shooting is still fun and the levels are wonderfully varied and it gives us different experiences. i really enjoyed the single player
    graphics: the difference between next gen n current gen is A LOT. on PS4 is much clear than ONE and it does have a better color levels and white levels too. visuals are really glod however they are not tha wOW that you want to give to a next gen game but in general it is really good especially in single mode, in terms of multi graphics are not that different
    multi: its what CoD is about perks are cool, it does take a lot of time to discover what suits you. there has been a balance into to weaponary which is awesome and the smg are not that powerfull anymore. new modes and awesome maps with dynamic stuff in it. highly recommended on next gen and pc due to the reason that current gen level of playes in a match is 12. 18 is better becuz the maps are too big.

recommend: mong all the FPSs out there for ps4, COD can be a good choice if you want a hell of action single player and plenty of fast paced multi player fun. if you looking into smt more tactical i would not recommend this
  38. Dec 2, 2013
    When I see the start of a user review with 'Dont play this game' or This game is terrible' I immediately think hater and regardless of whether it was good or not they were never going to score it well. So skip all those reviews scoring 0 or 1 just wasting the space on here. Oh the game is sweet I like it a lot.
  39. Dec 1, 2013
    The worst CoD multiplayer wise, the maps are horid, too big and everyone camps, and to top it off kill streaks, removed features that made the game better from Black Ops 2, and many removed game modes.

Other than that the rest is solid.
    Extintion is better than zombies
    Squads is fun
    and
    the campaign is jaw dropping. Although they give you less freedom.
  40. Dec 4, 2013
    MW2 is the best cod and it always will be. Why they couldn't have map packed that instead of rehashing the same old awful crap...

I think the best way to sum it up is:

****
  41. Feb 11, 2014
    Another year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it'sAnother year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it's meh, and certainly doesn't represent what next gen can bring.

The multiplayer is enjoyable, but I find it a lot less fun than in BO2. It's really hard to pinpoint why, just that something is missing. Overall, average game.
  42. May 6, 2014
    While not as good as most of the latest CoD games, this has the variety and the set pieces that define the CoD quality of the post-CoD4 era. It has a better campaign than BF and while it doesn't have an identity as previous CoD's (the dog is mostly unrelated... jeez marketing...) and the bad guy SUCKS A$$, it still manages through the variety of the levels and the setpieces to make it toWhile not as good as most of the latest CoD games, this has the variety and the set pieces that define the CoD quality of the post-CoD4 era. It has a better campaign than BF and while it doesn't have an identity as previous CoD's (the dog is mostly unrelated... jeez marketing...) and the bad guy SUCKS A$$, it still manages through the variety of the levels and the setpieces to make it to the AAA games.

The story could be a lot better and a lot more original, but it distincts itself through a few details (the dog, space and the sea) I don't believe that Ghosts can make what Modern Warfare did, but I would like to see the follow-up to the story. This is the worst of the 3 CoD franchises (Modern Warfare and Black Ops being the other 2) but still better than the BF stories.

Thank God, the multi is there.... though the aliens are not up to par with the zombies...
  43. May 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    You play as Logan, a mute protagonist who's purpose is to kill hundreds of South Americans without showing a single sign of emotion. Why do shooters still have mute protagonists? They make it impossible to develop a relationship with the protagonist, they make certain scenes awkward when characters are referring to them, and they make character death scenes less emotionally engaging. I'm disappointed in the story not just because of its mute hero, but because of everything else. Most of the characters here are weak (besides the infamous puppy known as Riley :P), The dialogue and voice acting are bland, and the plot often gets jumbled up as you're thrown from one country to another and from one set piece to another. Treyarch has shown us that Call of Duty games can have good single player experiences. Clearly these guys can tell a better story than IW can. The only good thing I can say about the story mode is the ending since it has a nice twist to the normal Call of Duty ending that we see (even if it's a sequel setup). 4/10

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay just this time, you're more restricted to experiment with different strategies and pathways than before. most of the time it's "follow X, Wait for X to give you permission to fire, fire, repeat". It's stupid why they decide to restrict player access. One more thing, you only control Riley twice in the single player. Why did they hype up this dog? 5/10

Graphics:
    On PS4 (sorry PC guys for an inferior port), These graphics have the best textures out of any Call of Duty, but the colors are weaker compared to Black Ops 2. 7/10

Sound:
    The score isn't really that good. I barely noticed it during my playthroughs of the single player (please come back Hans Zimmer), and the gameplay sounds are what you expect from a Call of Duty game. 6/10

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer here is only slightly better than Black Ops 2's multiplayer for a few reasons: The maps (although larger here) don't use the same lazy 3-lane layout that was in 90% of Black Ops 2, the character customization is cool, no more stupid weapon levels to earn attachments, squads mode is a cool idea (multiplayer against bots), extinction is a nice replacement to zombies (although repetitive), more new gamemodes, and a surprisingly lack of overpowered guns/equipment. Besides the AK12, MSBS, M-tar X, Ripper, IEDs, and the Remmington R5, This game is more balanced than Black Ops 2, but not as balanced as Black Ops 1. I also like what they did with the customization. As said, there's character customization (no emblem editor), the new perk system is cool, the strike packages return (just not as annoying as Modern Warfare 3), the gender option is appreciated, and the create a class although not like Black Ops 2's pick 10 system, is a nice mix between that system along with classic Call of Duty class systems.The big problem with the multiplayer are the spawns, lack of dedicated servers, some hit detection issues, and how fast you die. I eventually got used to this, but I know some people who despise this feature as it encourages camping in their eyes. I also liked the return of currency in the form of squad points. They are earned at random times in matches, completing challenges and operations, or by completing field orders (brief in game mini-challenges). The extinction mode is IW's response to zombies. It features a hidden story (though not as elaborate as zombies), 4 player co-op, and a ranking system. But this time around, it features prestige mode, custom loadouts, different roles, boss fights, and actual endings rather than death. In the end, zombies is still better but that doesn't mean extinction is weak. Squads mode is also a great way for newbies to get used to the game since it's your squad of multiplayer characters (10 max, 6 at a time per match) vs another player's squad. You still earn XP (even if it's a little), squad points, and occasional XP boosts for squads. Overall, Ghost's multiplayer isn't as bad as everyone's been saying it is. 7/10

Verdict:
    Ghosts can be frustrating to play on multiplayer if you don't like dying too fast, but in the right lobby, the multiplayer's a ton of fun to play (as with all Call of Duties). The story may be weak and the gameplay similar to previous Call of Duties, but the improvement in texture quality and in overall multiplayer is enough to say that this game's worth a price drop. Rating 7/10
  44. Nov 7, 2013
    You know what this is not a review. How in the hell can anybody give a review on a game when the system isn't even out yet. I'am ashamed of this generation of gamer's that are here and that are coming. All you wanna do is and argue. You complain with your little console wars. A true gamer doesn't play one system. A true gamer play's everything. P.S this is a rant
  45. Jan 10, 2014
    Ghosts is an excellent game, don't be fooled by the haters, if call of duty is your thing then buy it, you won't be disappointed. However if you are a pseudo intellectual hipster you may want to get it anyway even if just to give you something to whinge about, or not ( who cares what they think ).
  46. Feb 25, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts tries to return the franchise back to form, yet again. Ghosts' story is dumb and tries to be smarter than what is actually is. The "action set pieces" that the Call of Duty franchise is know for are hear but none of them are so good that they are memorable. The campaign itself is so boring and formulaic; follow this person, shot these people, sneak around hear. TheCall of Duty: Ghosts tries to return the franchise back to form, yet again. Ghosts' story is dumb and tries to be smarter than what is actually is. The "action set pieces" that the Call of Duty franchise is know for are hear but none of them are so good that they are memorable. The campaign itself is so boring and formulaic; follow this person, shot these people, sneak around hear. The multiplayer is mainly the same, which can be a good thing for some players and a bad thing for others. The maps are a little to big for my liking as you can be killed a lot of times and by many directions. The new modes, Cranked and Blitz seem cool on paper but are not as fun when you are playing them. Squads also seems really fun but when you narrow it down it is the same as the multiplayer just with bots. Extinction was my favorite mode in the game, which is a shock to me. It takes a Left 4 Dead style to surviving rounds against waves and waves of aliens. Call of Duty: Ghosts might be the worst Call of Duty game to date, even when it is played with a DualShock 4 controller and next-gen graphics. Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2013
    This is not a "trolling", really the game is horrible. Typical(pcnoob) game. If you are really hardcore gamer(ps3(the last of us, uncharted, cod of war)) don't play this piece of... "masterpiece".
  48. Mar 24, 2014
    Never in my gaming career have i given a Call of Duty game a perfect score... However, Ghosts truly deserves it! Not only does this game feature a refined multiplayer experience but a truly awesome alien themed co-op experience that is a welcome change of pace from the usual zombies! Now put both of those things aside, the real reason to come to Ghosts is for is amazing single playerNever in my gaming career have i given a Call of Duty game a perfect score... However, Ghosts truly deserves it! Not only does this game feature a refined multiplayer experience but a truly awesome alien themed co-op experience that is a welcome change of pace from the usual zombies! Now put both of those things aside, the real reason to come to Ghosts is for is amazing single player campaign! The story is told in a truly masterful fashion and features some crazy set pieces that really have to be seen to be believed! If you are a fan of the Call of Duty series odds are you already have Ghosts. If you're someone who has given up on the series I implore you to give Ghosts a try, you won't be sorry that you did! Expand
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    This game is perfect, perfect for showing us what's wrong with game criticism!
    Critics are way to easily paid of by these big companies to give a higher score then they would have, i mean just look at the difference between the actual score and the score that critics give!

Please stop being sell outs and take back honesty in gaming!
    Also this game is even bad for being another COD.
  50. Feb 26, 2014
    As a first person shooter fun,Call of duty series is always my choose year by year,especially modern warfare,it gives me great memory,of course black ops series is great,but for me, call of duty developed by infinity ward is real call of duty.so although i hesitate,but still pick up this game:Ghost,looking for a new start for this series,and,unfortunately ,it's not.
    Single player review:
    Single player review:
    After world war 3,Russian seems to get tired,so the south america is coming,OK,cut the crap,the single player is a huge disappointed to me,it's short,very short,when it came to the end,i just can't believe it's over,then it's no different from it's predecessor,which is bad for all COD fun,not gonna lie,it's the worst single player experience i have in COD series,i don't know why IW didn't pay enough attention to SF,yeah i know MP is important,but it's irresponsible to make it that way for all the funs.
    Multiplayer review:
    After bad and sad SF experience,as i always do,start MP,surprisingly,it's good! maybe better than MW 3 in some way,the maps have different style,not just street battle,some maps looks like BF,it's big,whether you are a sniper or carry a auto rifle ,you will love the long shot,and Create a soldier is gorgeous! and perks is more,practical,interesting,make you don't wanna stop to gain it,but overall,still no different from it's predecessor.so if you want some real innovation,hold that though.
    After all ,call of duty ghost become a sport game,IW don't want to break the rules,so nothing more nothing less,like it or hate it,i might wanna stop hope that this series will have some real fresh start,and don't know where the franchise will leave.
  51. Mar 25, 2014
    Why?Another one? When are they gonna stop? Questions people ask when a game franchise is so burned out that there are no good words to you or questions to ask. Gave it a 2 because the game was still graphically nice even though it was a port over.
  52. Aug 5, 2014
    Boring, very linear with no options or ability to choose where to go next. A huge disappointment and a big step back. Compared to games like Far Cry 3 on the PS3 this offers nothing new or interesting and for a PS4 release there really should have been something more to offer than slightly polished graphics.
  53. Jul 4, 2014
    Call of Duty. A franchise who's only intention is to make themselves as rich as possible and make you as poor as possible. A franchise which prioritizes money over fan satisfaction, every single time. They could of quite easily changed the game from top to bottom with the amount of money they get, they could of not released it annually, but oh no, that's too risky for them. If you buy anyCall of Duty. A franchise who's only intention is to make themselves as rich as possible and make you as poor as possible. A franchise which prioritizes money over fan satisfaction, every single time. They could of quite easily changed the game from top to bottom with the amount of money they get, they could of not released it annually, but oh no, that's too risky for them. If you buy any more Call of Duty titles shame on you. Expand
  54. Jan 4, 2014
    Activision stop making Call of Duty, it needs a rest.......................................................................................................
  55. Dec 29, 2013
    A lot of people have been trained to hate COD but as my first COD game, I have to say it's really amazing.

The single player campaign is great and every level is unique, you could be using stealth one level, underwater the next, in space the next and then defending a ship! The story and campaign itself is great compared to nearly any FPS of it's kind. Squads is the best thing I've

Squads is the best thing I've ever seen in an online FPS.
    Multiplayer is great and the game is beautiful on the PS4.
  56. Apr 21, 2014
    the campaign for the game was fun had a good story. But the mp just was bad the maps were to big. they added a lot of perks but barley any attachments. There are not many guns in the game to. and the getting the guns system that the game has i don't like liked it better were you level up to get the gun, they also should have left the pick 10 system that they had in black ops 2 in this. itthe campaign for the game was fun had a good story. But the mp just was bad the maps were to big. they added a lot of perks but barley any attachments. There are not many guns in the game to. and the getting the guns system that the game has i don't like liked it better were you level up to get the gun, they also should have left the pick 10 system that they had in black ops 2 in this. it also seems like you die a lot faster in this one. But being able to customize your guy is really fun and one of cool things they have in this game. But to me the game play fells weird and broken. the aliens i don't really like much ether liked fighting zombies then aliens the ranking system is fun in aliens how you customize your load out and get different perks. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    good game, but the stuttering is too high! and in low specs there is a severals bugs like a box lights and some... unplayable.
    in multiplayer you can play with a russian people!!! (isnt racist but they are too far from here and the lag is too high for this!)
  58. Nov 29, 2013
    You know, I'm so sick of this hater BS on this site. I bet, out of the 458 people who gave this game a low score, only 20 of them actually played the game. This is beyond pathetic for people to do this sh** to a game they probably never even played before. You people need to shut the fu** up and get a life.
    Anyway, this is my opinion on the game.
    Story 8/10 Not original, full of
    Anyway, this is my opinion on the game.
    Story 8/10
    Not original, full of cliches, but at the same time, its a darn good one. Its not perfect, but the missions did make my heart race at times, so I'm actually very pleased with this campaign.
    Graphics 8/10
    On PS4, Ghosts looks ten times better than its god awful looking PS3 counterpart. Texture quality is great, gameplay is very fluid, and the controls are as smooth as ever. Only negative thing though, there are framerate issues that are very noticeable.
    Gameplay 9/10
    Still the same as before, but still solid. There are some improvements to it, CQC is more challenging, and the difficulty helps with it, you die faster on the higher difficulties, and not every mission will feel the same.
    Online 7/10
    Honestly, I don't care much for CoD Mp anymore. This game's Mp is solid, but at the same time, forgettable. The new game modes, however, are fun to play, especially Ground War since the maps are huge now.
    Coop 8/10
    There are two Coop modes for this game, Extinction and Safeguard. Extinction is somewhat similar to Treyarch's zombies mode, but instead uses aliens and involves a actual objective. This is fun, challenging, and feels fresh and new for CoD. Safeguard is basically MW3 Survival, but with 4 players instead of two. It is definitely better with 4 people, but I honestly think the original Survival was better.
    Verdict 8/10
    Ghosts is definitely worth the time to play on the PS4. Mp may leave something more to be desired, but the campaign and coop modes make up for an, otherwise, forgettable experience.
  59. Dec 25, 2013
    I think that this is a pretty good game. Any FPS that makes me want to run around my house in a ghillie suit is a good game and this game made me want run around with a ghosts mask. However that was the campaign the multiplayer gave me flashbacks of MW3 where my opponents would spawn about 5 meters behind me and get an easy kill. But after a while I would get use to it but that's onlyI think that this is a pretty good game. Any FPS that makes me want to run around my house in a ghillie suit is a good game and this game made me want run around with a ghosts mask. However that was the campaign the multiplayer gave me flashbacks of MW3 where my opponents would spawn about 5 meters behind me and get an easy kill. But after a while I would get use to it but that's only because I love COD. If anyone either doesn't love COD or wants to try COD this isn't a good place to start. Moving back to the campaign the one problem I had was most of the time my team and the opponents looked about the same. To sum up it's an okay game for die hard fans but for people who don't love COD it might not be the best COD to start with. Expand
  60. Nov 6, 2013
    sooooo where do you ppl have your ps4 game and console from? how can you rate something thats not on the market? stick to the ps3 and xbox version.... if you should really own this game, and not just type bull$hit?
  61. Feb 22, 2014
    A fairly decent game from Infinity Ward, A story thats quite divisive in its objective to deliver pulse pounding, some fans will feel off put by the story, some will be drawn in, The Multiplayer has seen better days but the amount of customisation available makes it so there's something for everyone
  62. Nov 16, 2013
    I enjoyed it I am only in the third level but so far so. Tons of explosions and great graphics. The Alien extinction is excellent and fun to play. Will play this game for awhile.
  63. Nov 15, 2014
    Absolutly god awful game. Nothing good to be said about it. Worst excuse for a game ever. Single player is just bad with uninteresting characters and 'Here comes a sequel' kind of ending, so predictable.

Multiplayer: Horrible maps, camper friendly. Want to win a match, just camp. You'll win 100% guarenteed. Also, where was the time when you played a game, you leveled up, and you unlocked guns? Now, EVERYTHING costs Squad Points, which is good for some things, but not every little attachment.

Squads: Extinction is even worse than Zombies, it's a really bad copy. It's just not fun, even if you have some friends to play with.

Don't buy this piece of crap.
  64. Jan 8, 2014
    This game is not bad however for a call of duty it is terrible. Know i am not the kind of gamer that says COD sucks because it isn't Battlefield since to be honest they are very different games. However the game still has it's own issues.

1. Maps are big which often means people spread about all over the place instead of fighting in one area. This means that quite often when you spawn on one side of the map a member of the enemy team is already near you since they have simply went through the map without seeing anyone since everybody is spread out.

2. You die far to quickly even for a call of duty game. It literally becomes the game of who can shoot first. This makes getting a kill unrewarding if i am playing Killzone,Battlefield 4 or even Black ops 2 i am happy when i get a kill because i earned that kill where in Ghosts it's like well done i managed to something my dog would probably be able to do. This lack of caring often leads to the games feeling boring. Yes boring for the first time ever i can describe a COD as being boring.

3. It is the same formula as MW3. Know i understand what COD wants to do and i'm happy they do that but Infinity ward really need to change up their COD's like Treyarch do but it just feels like a game we got 2 years a go. When Battlefield is making maps with great destructibility, Killzone is making beautiful world and Titan fall has got jumping between rooftops, Call of duty is doing the same thing.

However the campaign is good for COD i think but again it's not great it's just good. Also the game functions fine and some people will probably love it and i can kind of understand it.

Also Fish A.I. YAY
  65. Nov 16, 2013
    Sadly this is the worst Call of Duty I've played. The campaign has slight glimmers of innovation but it all gets lost among the blandness of the same tired gameplay the series has been relying on for years. The graphics aren't even that great. Call of Duty: Ghost's "next gen" graphics are Battlefield 4's previous gen graphics.

But let's face it. Most people aren't buying Call of Duty

But let's face it. Most people aren't buying Call of Duty for the story anymore anyway. So let's talk about multiplayer.

Bland. Incredibly bland. The main draw of the Call of Duty multiplayer was the rewarding progression system. Ghosts throws that completely out of the window. Now all you need to do is earn enough "Squad Points" and you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want aside from perks. The series hit a high note in Black Ops 2's weapon levelling and attachment unlock system that constantly had you looking forward to something. Kill enough people with your weapon and it levelled up, unlocking a new attachment. You could even prestige it to earn more xp by levelling it up and slap your clan tag and emblem on there. You had to get headshots for camo and even complete some small challenges for some of the camo. In Ghosts you earn the Squad Points, you can have whatever weapon you want, attachment you want, camo you want.

I guess the main draw they were hoping for was character customization. Basic, at best. You get a very slim choice of options off the start and need to unlock more options by completing challenges in the form of "Operations". You might not even have the Operation you need to complete in order to unlock what you want. I guess having a full list of challenges was too overwhelming for some players, at least that seems to be Infinity Ward's thinking.

Sadly Infinity Ward has taken a franchise that, in my opinion, peaked in Modern Warfare 2, showed signs of new life in Black Ops 2, then dumbed it down to a level so basic that even playing the game doesn't feel rewarding.

I'm returning my copy because I can get full price back for it. Even the friends who convinced me to buy it even though I wasn't going to are returning theirs.

Take a few years off Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch etc. Come back with a true next gen title on a new engine and blow us away like you did with Call of Duty 4. Or see yourself buried under Battlefield's growing popularity.
  66. Dec 6, 2013
    This game is horrid. It's strange how modern warfare 2 could be so much better and have so much stradegy, while this is just run around....and kill someone with 1 bullet regardless of what gun you are using. I even put in over 80 hours in black ops 2...but i cannot do this anymore. Nothing has changed, and where they milk the franchise annualy, the gameplay only gets worse. StayThis game is horrid. It's strange how modern warfare 2 could be so much better and have so much stradegy, while this is just run around....and kill someone with 1 bullet regardless of what gun you are using. I even put in over 80 hours in black ops 2...but i cannot do this anymore. Nothing has changed, and where they milk the franchise annualy, the gameplay only gets worse. Stay away...if you really want a shooter, go for battlefield 4. It's not perfect, but light years better. Expand
  67. Feb 9, 2014
    Why IW? Why are you making absolutely terrible COD's? Let's start out with the story. I'm not going to be anywhere specific with this, so hold on. First, you are in space firing bullets. That makes sense. Then, you get back to the ground, meeting terrible voice acting and motion sickening controls, and head bobbing. I literally felt dizzy after 10 minutes. Blah, Blah, Blah, shooty shootWhy IW? Why are you making absolutely terrible COD's? Let's start out with the story. I'm not going to be anywhere specific with this, so hold on. First, you are in space firing bullets. That makes sense. Then, you get back to the ground, meeting terrible voice acting and motion sickening controls, and head bobbing. I literally felt dizzy after 10 minutes. Blah, Blah, Blah, shooty shoot shoot, explosions..... Cutscene and then next level. Story line: Absolutely terrible. Like any new COD. Multiplayer: Buggy as **** Laggy and server delays EVERYWHERE. The community is filled with 10 year olds screaming and freaking out over getting on the killcam. Long story short, I sold the game to a pawn shop. Expand
  68. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  69. Mar 28, 2014
    Where can I start, the graphics for a cross platform game are quite damn good, with realistic lighting, smooth smoke/fog effects and no texture pop in and screen tearing. The campaign for a modern shooter is filled with typical hollywood effects and explosive sequences. Because the campaign mode is not at the heart of the game it doesn't hold the game back too much. The multiplayer isWhere can I start, the graphics for a cross platform game are quite damn good, with realistic lighting, smooth smoke/fog effects and no texture pop in and screen tearing. The campaign for a modern shooter is filled with typical hollywood effects and explosive sequences. Because the campaign mode is not at the heart of the game it doesn't hold the game back too much. The multiplayer is where it's at it is filled with tons of contents such as maps, modes, weapons, tactical equipment, attachments, reticles, skins, camos etc. The maps are extremely well made, there are truly diverse and colourful and filled with potential for your little playground. There is so much content to keep you entertained for months and months. I love it! Expand
  70. Mar 26, 2014
    Yeah, I do thing Activision don't know what's inovation. They promise new great graphics, and the game doesn't have. The campaign, well, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. The multiplayer is going to worth for 10 hours, but after that you stop enjoying it, and you are probrably going to stay on bf4, or gta V, the last of us, etc. Anyway, there's a mode against aliens. I don't liked it. TheYeah, I do thing Activision don't know what's inovation. They promise new great graphics, and the game doesn't have. The campaign, well, I gotta admit, it's pretty good. The multiplayer is going to worth for 10 hours, but after that you stop enjoying it, and you are probrably going to stay on bf4, or gta V, the last of us, etc. Anyway, there's a mode against aliens. I don't liked it. The graphics are bad. Expand
  71. May 11, 2014
    Stock Standard COD, nothing really new here, still fun tho, especially multiplayer. Graphics are better than previous editions but I'm expecting the next instalment to take it to another level.
  72. Dec 9, 2013
    So COD we meet again! I said to myself that Black Ops 2 was the last straw I was going to pull with CoD. Reason being, its the same game every time just a different scenario, but 1 thing that it shares from the rest of the games is the 10+ year old engine. Anyway, why did I buy Ghosts for the PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, that's why! On the Vita Killzone Mercenaries was an absolute blast. ItSo COD we meet again! I said to myself that Black Ops 2 was the last straw I was going to pull with CoD. Reason being, its the same game every time just a different scenario, but 1 thing that it shares from the rest of the games is the 10+ year old engine. Anyway, why did I buy Ghosts for the PS4, Killzone Shadow Fall, that's why! On the Vita Killzone Mercenaries was an absolute blast. It had the 3 best game modes for multiplayer. Free for all, team deathmatch and war zone. Great fun! Shadow fall just has team based games and NO free for all. So I traded Killzone and got what I thought was a next gen game but in fact its a last gen game that looks VERY dated. It also plays like a last gen game also. Thats not the point, I got Cod Ghosts for the basic free for all that Killzone didn't offer. With bad visuals and a constant drop in frame rates and awful map design CoD Ghosts is a shambolic waste of money and time. Its a pure example of laziness and deceitful lies from Activision. This game is getting traded in for PSN credits that will be used against the BF4 premium package. No more Activision games for me.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!
  73. Dec 6, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runsAnother year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runs smoothly and with dedicated servers the online mode is much better. However, with much larger maps snipers are much more common and sometimes the match pacing is really slow. Also, the graphics show almost no growth compared to the last-gen. Essentially, if you are a fan of Call of Duty you will most likely enjoy this game. New players: not so much. Expand
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    Loved it, it shows a series getting back on track, Black ops 2 wasn't all that great but this is epic! I'v spent four hours on it and I'm impressed. I can understand the negativity though. It's still the same formula
  75. Dec 18, 2013
    Despite the story involving cartoonishly black and white good and evil forces being as dumb as you could expect the campaign is actually fun. The most entertaining COD campaign since the original Modern Warfare. You move from one exciting well designed scenario to the next at a good pace. The game is mostly thrills until the bland tank mission straight out of 2005 towards the end. EvenDespite the story involving cartoonishly black and white good and evil forces being as dumb as you could expect the campaign is actually fun. The most entertaining COD campaign since the original Modern Warfare. You move from one exciting well designed scenario to the next at a good pace. The game is mostly thrills until the bland tank mission straight out of 2005 towards the end. Even so, story campaigns aren't the main draw of COD. Ghosts MP is easily the worst COD MP and up until now I've been a staunch defender of the series.

Minor changes and additions have been made. Like vaulting animation over obstacles, leaning around corners has been brought back even though it's contextual and clunky, you've got a wider range of customization options, your avatar now slides if going prone from sprint. However, despite the graphical upgrade for next gen platforms gunplay still feels like last gen especially when put up against Battlefield 4.

By itself that's not a big deal but there are other design and technical issues that drag this game down. The biggest of which is the map design. It's horrible... really, the din is no exaggeration. In recent CODs (and even Battlefield) there has been a noticeable push towards rat maze like maps with lots of sharp corners and entry ways. This is intentionally designed to make it difficult for skilled players to be able to efficiently clear a room upon entering and to increase randomness to increase the chances novices get easy random kills. Ghosts takes this to another level. The maps are the most massive and convoluted I've seen in a commercial FPS. The also have way too much visual noise with litter and various back ground objects clutter screen space. This greatly encourages camping. COD is known for camping noobs but this is the first time where it seems like every single player in the lobby camps and it's the only valid playing style.

The mess doesn't stop at the awful maps. The game often suffers from stuttering issues (albiet not as bad post patches) and maps take longer than ever to load. Which is surprising after BO2's brisk loading speed. This is especially a problem when the game puts you right back in the lobby you just left because of horrible lag compensation. Yep, after four games they still can't figure this out. The first two weeks it played well but after a recent Double XP weekend it's back to the same old half a second behind bull**** and desynchronised enemy player models, hit boxes, and aim assist boxes.

Squads mode is probably the concession to players on the bad end of lag comp. It gives you a cropped MP experience with any mixture of AI and human opponents. Problem is, in an effort to keep MP legitimate (something they failed to do by design), you can't unlock customizables or do challenges and that's where most of the xp comes from. Bigger problem still is you can only have 6 opponents at a time and these maps are really horrible for only six opponents as you can run around for minutes only to get sniped by some AI through a bush you couldn't see through a mile away. Best option option you're left with if you want the MP experience is to go into Local/Private match and turn up the amount of bots you can play against and hike up the difficulty. Your mileage with this will vary as everything is unlocked in those modes.

Only thing left is Extinction mode. Where once you unlock sentry guns and match up with others who have as well you can easily blast through the only scenario available in about an hour. Beyond that there's no reason to go back.

Ghosts is an appropriate name. This game is an apparition of a once great franchise. Some of the fundamentals of that golden era remain but they've tarnished with age and are bogged down with confused and awful design and technical issues. It's decent as a rental for the campaign but the competition has options that are similar to what COD is known for and for the first time does it much better.
  76. Nov 8, 2013
    GODAWFUL game! They managed to take all the last CoD games, clone them, and SOMEHOW make it worst! HOW!? WHY!? If you buy this game you're seriously asking for a miserable time. Only a raving fanboy could enjoy this.
  77. Nov 15, 2013
    Moche pour de la next gen, multi tres peu original, solo tres court sans aucune liberté, dimension artistiq et immersive assez faiblarde, scenario chier tres loin d'un Black ops...bref du call of tres bas de gamme!:-(
  78. Dec 5, 2013
    Awful! Absolutley flipping awful!! Hated the campaign, (only took like 4 hours) liked extinction (after 40 mins it got boring but) and then the multiplayer... i do not know how they screwed it up so much! I will never EVER buy another Call of Duty game again!
  79. Nov 6, 2013
    rinse and repeat vol. 3000 so rinse and repeat the ending cut scene is identical to the final cut scene in mw2. how do the devs sleep at night especially with the bait and switch practices on the steam page. there is more depth in a childs swimming pool
  80. Jan 26, 2014
    Just when I thought Call of Duty could make a come back. With the surprisingly great Black Ops 2 I seemed promising. Then Call of Duty Ghosts came along and it's terrible. Everything in this game is boring. It's the most stereotypical Call of Duty of the series. Worthless and boring campaign, the same multiplayer with slight tweaks and variations and extinction is fun but gets boringJust when I thought Call of Duty could make a come back. With the surprisingly great Black Ops 2 I seemed promising. Then Call of Duty Ghosts came along and it's terrible. Everything in this game is boring. It's the most stereotypical Call of Duty of the series. Worthless and boring campaign, the same multiplayer with slight tweaks and variations and extinction is fun but gets boring very quickly. This is by far the worst in the series. I would recommend waiting to see what Black Ops 3 (I'm assuming) has in store DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!! Expand
  81. Nov 24, 2013
    Can not tell you how bad this game is, its graphics are Not Next-Ge even thought it is on PS4. Boring and short campaign and mediocre multiplayer that adds little compared to any other COD. The voice acting is "Okay" as in worse than it has ever been and facial animations aren't great but not too bad. Game play is still boring and short, cluster of fire fights then end mission rinse repeatCan not tell you how bad this game is, its graphics are Not Next-Ge even thought it is on PS4. Boring and short campaign and mediocre multiplayer that adds little compared to any other COD. The voice acting is "Okay" as in worse than it has ever been and facial animations aren't great but not too bad. Game play is still boring and short, cluster of fire fights then end mission rinse repeat until game is over. Expand
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    Story Story mode is just regular old COD story mode. Same thing every game but I dont pay much attention to the story anyways. 3/10

Multiplayer Multiplayer is CODs best mode in all of their games IMO. Since i was never really a big fan of Zombies. The Modern Warfarish gamestyle multiplayer holds is by far the best gamestyle out of all the CODs. It is kind of wierd that they took out Search and Destroy but it doesnt matter to me since I was a TDM player anyuways. Dont try FFA since its almost like you dont have a chance. Anyways multiplayer for Ghost is Great. 9/10

Graphics Metal Gear Raidens Voice: "OOOOOOHHHH THATS JUST PLAIN NASTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" no really the graphics kinda suck but the game wasnt meant to be released for the PS3. 5/10
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is horrible. The controls are super unresponsive, the new game modes like squads are completely pointless and not fun at all, and the multiplayer sucks. If absolutely sucks. They messed up the most important part of the game. Even extinction has only one map. IT KS HORRIBLE.
  84. Nov 7, 2013
    i usd 2 rike cell o dutay, bert i no like gsot coas of da bed grephecs nd net mech gud steff. I wiss dey wud stahp da frehndsise, cos it 3 mooch. i am onty tree boot ma opiniyun iz varid! lets oz lev, tree yar ord
  85. Mar 6, 2014
    Ghost is just okay for an arcade game. The game is playable if the community of young campers aged under 12 years are forgotten. Several map are too big for as little amount of player. Must still say that the game is "Correct". Of course it will never surpass MW2 or even games such as Battlefield.
  86. Nov 5, 2013
    Been up playing COD GHOSTS all night and it is fantastic. Single Player is great fun, loads of variety and amazing polish and production values, MP is the best I have ever played from a COD game yet and Extinction mode is absoultely brilliant (if you like Zombies, you will LOVE Extinction). I've got no idea why the press and user scores are so polarised here on Metacritic as THIS GAME ROCKS!
  87. Nov 5, 2013
    This content is absolutely amazing. I'll agree that the campain is not as good as Black Ops II, but then still the campain is magnificent. The multiplayer is just great. I have always liked Infinety Ward way better than Treyarch. This may be why I am such a fan of this game it reminds me of MW3 and I absolutly loved that game.
  88. Nov 5, 2013
    I really don't see anything wrong with the game, it's exactly what I expected it to be. It has great gameplay and I like what Infinity Ward did with the new streamlined look on the multiplayer side. Great job infinity ward, but I think it could've been better though.
  89. Nov 5, 2013
    If you play any Call of Duty, you've played GHOSTS. Don't believe the marketing hype, this is the same product rebundled let it die and show investors we're not interested in being sold the same product year after year, the cash cow needs to starve. terrible game.
  90. Nov 6, 2013
    I have yet to play the game myself but amidst all the negative ratings, I can say this is exactly what you would--and should--expect from another Call of Duty game. People seem to be pissed that the game isn't any different, yet they will probably spend their precious time playing it until another Call of Duty comes out. It goes without saying that Call of Duty is the best in it's league,I have yet to play the game myself but amidst all the negative ratings, I can say this is exactly what you would--and should--expect from another Call of Duty game. People seem to be pissed that the game isn't any different, yet they will probably spend their precious time playing it until another Call of Duty comes out. It goes without saying that Call of Duty is the best in it's league, a fast-paced arcade shooter. Their aim was never to create a realistic war simulator, but an enjoyable gaming experience and I think they succeeded well enough in that.

I feel like people would be more pissed if they changed the game too much. Obviously all of the negative ratings come from either fans of Battlefield who feel obliged to prove their franchise the best. Or people who bought the game and had a bad match etc.

People who bought the game knowing what they're getting into are probably playing it right now, having a good time.
  91. Nov 6, 2013
    Perfect game!! The Single Player is awesome, and multiplayer is awesome too. I realy don't know why people are avaling this game so negative, maybe they are CoD hatters or BF funboys, but it doesn't matter, what matters is that the game is soooooooo much funny and cool, for me, the best of the year!
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Been a CoD for since CoD2 (not MW2). This game has a decent campaign however the Multi....horrible. Maps promote camping way too much, the create a class system is horrible. I do like the variations in perks and such but why does EVERYTHING cost to unlock?!. I never was much for the treyarch games but this makes BO2 look amazing. Graphics are great but mutli (which we play it for) failsBeen a CoD for since CoD2 (not MW2). This game has a decent campaign however the Multi....horrible. Maps promote camping way too much, the create a class system is horrible. I do like the variations in perks and such but why does EVERYTHING cost to unlock?!. I never was much for the treyarch games but this makes BO2 look amazing. Graphics are great but mutli (which we play it for) fails beyond belief. Expand
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    An embarrassment of a game. Recycled sounds and animations from over five years ago. Shameful programming. Lack of innovation. This series is down in the dump, and dead for good.
  94. Nov 6, 2013
    Absolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player runningAbsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  95. Nov 19, 2013
    This game sucks! Way too many guns that'll kill you in 1 BULLET, THIS IS AN FPS. NOT A INSTA-KILL POWERUP FROM ZOMBIES. What is up with the lies? First they said they beat GTA V sales, that was a lie. They said quickscoping (A.K.A. A tryhard's paradise) was NOT in the game, big lie. your fish AI Activision. you!
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    Worst call of duty yet! Go ahead and buy if you like people spawning right behind and all around you..the game is also laggy, you'll get shot with one bullet and see no one then when you watch he'll be right in front of you shooting up a storm. This game is nothing but an aggravation. Don't buy awful game
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    The Game is great. What is happening here is that people are rating the FRANCHISE and not this particular INSTALLMENT. If we are going to give 0's because of lack of innovative, then we might as well give 0's to batman, madden, 2k etc. because all they do is SLIGHT innovation as well. This COD changes a lot but still feels the same AESTHETICALLY, which is not a bad thing. The reason whyThe Game is great. What is happening here is that people are rating the FRANCHISE and not this particular INSTALLMENT. If we are going to give 0's because of lack of innovative, then we might as well give 0's to batman, madden, 2k etc. because all they do is SLIGHT innovation as well. This COD changes a lot but still feels the same AESTHETICALLY, which is not a bad thing. The reason why we buy the game is because we are confident we will get the same FEEL with different guns, maps and story mode. Nobody here can argue that any cod made a massive change (to the extent of mario bros--> mario galaxy), yet, the other cod's were welcomed well. For some reason, everyone decided to pick on this one possibly because they finally got tired. However, you getting tired of the SERIES is different from claiming this GAME is bad. Why? Because this game is OBJECTIVELY a better version of MW 1, 2, and 3 and you'd be stupid to say no (the reason why you might think those are "better" is because the MW experience was relatively new).

To rate the game ENTIRELY based on your SUBJECTIVE opinion on lack of improvement is like buying the same pizza every day and being upset that it doesn't taste different every single time. What IW and Treyarch do is add different toppings to the pizza. You are all now tired of pizza and are judging/ blaming the toppings. What you all need to do is simply not order pizza and maybe get a sicilian (Bf4) which is arguably the same thing (more realistic fps) but with more graph...errr i mean.. bread.

Terrible analogy but you get the point

Also, the reason for my stupid "10" score was to balance out the other stupid "0" scores.
  98. Nov 7, 2013
    I had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the GhostsI had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the Ghosts launch Infinity Ward didn’t really promise much else therefore people should have known what to expect. It is, however, surprisingly bland and elements such as the maps are particularly disappointing in originality and it is here that I feel we have essentially been lied to because I.W. made so much noise about the interactivity of the online environment, suggesting this was a major development. So far I am yet to really see any trace of this other than someone getting a field order and it basically making the map turn a different colour. I went to climb on top of a rock that was not on the edge of the map and couldn’t even do that. I feel this was false advertising and evidence that the progression of this game was not even to the limited level promised. Pure laziness in detail such is what has made me angry that Ghosts is not even a half step forward. I do, though, think it’s fairly pathetic and testament to the general age of most gamers that so many folk give it a zero. To be a zero the game would have to be appalling and unplayable. It is far from this, but in principle deserves to get panned on the simple fact that the intense marketing was clearly a sales strategy to get as many first week sales as possible before they quickly drop off because Activision knew that deep down they did not have a game that matched the hype and they would soon be found out. And for the record the pre-launch sales strategy was unspeakably naff and cheesy and as a 31 year old had me feeling embarrassed to be a part of this dying franchise. So I give this an honest 6 purely because I will still enjoy the new guns and competitiveness of it for a short while, but would otherwise have given it much higher had Activision and I.W. even come close to demonstrating that they wanted to give loyal fans something more. Activision has an ingenuous business model and are clearly only interested in making money, so they will shamelessly take what they can get from this brand for as long as possible and not care if it ends up being the gaming version of ‘The Hangover 3’ a cheap cash in. For the record, Riley the dog was as bad a marketing tool as it is a kill streak. Expand
  99. Nov 7, 2013
    There is so much hate towards COD for no good reasons. NO game in the world would deserve a 0/10. Yes, every year, Call of duty releases a new game with similar graphics, gameplay, etc. Yet, people still buy these games simply because they know what to expect and they want the same gameplay. "Why fix it if it its broken right?" I'm not going to say this COD is the best one everThere is so much hate towards COD for no good reasons. NO game in the world would deserve a 0/10. Yes, every year, Call of duty releases a new game with similar graphics, gameplay, etc. Yet, people still buy these games simply because they know what to expect and they want the same gameplay. "Why fix it if it its broken right?" I'm not going to say this COD is the best one ever made.... but in order to fight all the Battlefield loves out there who sabotage COD's score, 10/10 is what I'm giving it.... Expand
  100. Nov 7, 2013
    I never write review but I had to for Ghosts... I honestly can't understand the amount of negative bile that is coming from reviewers. This is pretty much the only COD game I have enjoyed since Modern warfare 2. The campaign is quite astounding after the first 15 minutes. It at least has an interesting story and I actually cared about the characters. Significant step up from Black ops 2I never write review but I had to for Ghosts... I honestly can't understand the amount of negative bile that is coming from reviewers. This is pretty much the only COD game I have enjoyed since Modern warfare 2. The campaign is quite astounding after the first 15 minutes. It at least has an interesting story and I actually cared about the characters. Significant step up from Black ops 2 and Modern warfare 3 Expand

1. Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.