3.7

1. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    This game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours andThis game has a couple of good qualities but really out weighed by the bad ones. The was pleasantly surprised at the visuals and the sound quality is decent. The gameplay for the most part is smooth and fast. The multiplayer and single player is simply a cut and paste from the previous generations. There is nothing that stands out in both modes. The single player mode is about 6 hours and multiplayer is as dry as ever. Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    By far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy itBy far, the most broken, chaotic, and weakest entry in the Call of Duty franchise to date. While the multiplayer has decent gameplay, you'll quickly wish you didn't just spend 60 bucks on this mess. Lag is always a constant issue and just makes the already chaotic and unbalanced experience far more worse than it already is. If your a COD fan, I highly suggest you skip this one, or buy it at a lower price. Expand
  4. Nov 26, 2013
    I've only played the multiplayer, so my review will not cover any material of the campaign.

So to give a cut and dry review of the multiplayer...it's garbage. Maps are way too big for the number of players (12) which really does make camping a viable strategy if you want to avoid running all over the map in attempts to find people. You WILL die from campers quite a lot and it does

So to give a cut and dry review of the multiplayer...it's garbage.

Maps are way too big for the number of players (12) which really does make camping a viable strategy if you want to avoid running all over the map in attempts to find people. You WILL die from campers quite a lot and it does get frustrating. Additionally, it seems that snipers are once again overpowered to the point that most are one shot kills to any part of the body. Quickscopers abound and you will be frequently scratching your head wondering how a shot to the left of your torso registered as a headshot. Back to the maps, there are some cool ones that seem to be well thought out, but the size really ruins the experience. These maps are just too large for 6 v 6 matches. The guns all play pretty similarly, although the AK-12 seems to be the overpowered assault rifle that everyone is currently using, so hopefully it gets nerfed in a future patch.

The few good things about the game would have to be the interesting new level system they've introduced, as well as the squad system. No longer will you have to wait to unlock a weapon by reaching a certain level, you can simply buy it with squad points. Oh, and infected mode is a TON of fun. By far my favorite game mode.
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whilst this game has received a lot of critique from many different people, I feel that there is somewhat more to this game than people formerly assume. I mean, most people these days focus on multiplayer, but acting like this is the only feature in a game that significantly matters is rather ignorant, to say the least.

First off, the campaign is actually pretty well designed; it has the feel of a post apocalyptic scenario, and whilst it may not offer a huge amount in terms of innovation, it certainly feels fresh, relative to previous games of this franchise. Funnily enough, one of the main villains is, lo and behold, an American. This feels a little renewing when thinking about the infinitesimal amounts of times we have fought Russians over the course of the IW collection. It is in no means a fantastic campaign, but it has it's moments. It seems to be what you come to expect from a CoD game, y'know; snipers, linear stealth missions, heavily armored tech, guns, um...dogs? Nothing strictly fantastic, but certainly satisfying.

The multiplayer is, of course, CoD. I rarely play CoD multiplayer anymore, but thankfully, there is a squads mode, where you can fight against bots in a variety of different game modes. One of these specifically feels like combat training from CoD BO, which I must admit, I missed dearly. It's not the same, but it's something.

So, is this game good? Yes AND no, depending on what angle you look at it from; campaign feels gimmicky and predictable, but somehow fresh and new. Multiplayer is...well, CoD. It seems they tried at least, but that doesn't really say much for a company that spouts out a game every year or so. I do not love this game, but in some cases, respect it, and I feel it deserves a little more a negative review, whilst it comes nothing near the nines and tens the official reviewers feel it necessarily deserves. So perhaps I will strike it even and call it a night.
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    I was sincerely hoping that the new Ghosts would be able to follow up Black Ops 2, but I was sorely disappointed. My primary concern with this new installment is that the game is simply not fun. There have been numerous times where I have been on a nice kill streak and I get killed, only to spawn, take two to three steps, and get killed again. The new perk system was intended to diversifyI was sincerely hoping that the new Ghosts would be able to follow up Black Ops 2, but I was sorely disappointed. My primary concern with this new installment is that the game is simply not fun. There have been numerous times where I have been on a nice kill streak and I get killed, only to spawn, take two to three steps, and get killed again. The new perk system was intended to diversify play style, but there are some perks such as quick draw that are indispensable, and many others that are relatively worthless. The maps are so large, and the spawning so terrible, that players who aren't as proficient are relegated to hiding in corners in order to escape getting constantly shot in the back. There are not many guns compared to its main competitor BF4, which I play as well. The campaign and extinction were only OK. The primary reason that people bought ghosts is for the multi-players experience, but with all of these glaring problems, I find it hard to get into it. Truthfully, the only reason I haven't returned it is because there are only a few titles for PS4, and GameStop won't give me half of what I paid for it. I'll just wait until Destiny comes out, and never play it again. I am only giving it a five because it works, just not as well as I had anticipated. And don't buy into those reviews that give it a perfect score. Obviously those are severely biased, and I am being as honest as I can about my experiences, not trying to sell you on a game that isn't enjoyable. Expand
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    I'm not a demonic Call of Duty fanboy like most of the people who have given this game 0s and 1s so perhaps I can offer a bit of unbiased insight...well no, who am I kidding? This is my first Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2 and 4 years later it definitely feels like the same game. Not terrible, but nothing revolutionary either. I have chosen to play unappealing games like KnackI'm not a demonic Call of Duty fanboy like most of the people who have given this game 0s and 1s so perhaps I can offer a bit of unbiased insight...well no, who am I kidding? This is my first Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2 and 4 years later it definitely feels like the same game. Not terrible, but nothing revolutionary either. I have chosen to play unappealing games like Knack and Lego Marvel Superheroes over COD Ghosts just to give an idea of how boring this game quickly becomes. Didn't finish the campaign, didn't rank past Level 10 in multiplayer, and I will likely never touch this game again not because it's bad, but because it simply doesn't bring anything new to the table. I can play Call of Duty 4 or Modern Warfare 2 and have an identical experience. Expand
  8. May 12, 2014
    From looking at the ratings this game got, you would think it completely sucked. But it's an OK game, not good, not bad.

Personally I think the single player isn't worth playing, just the BF4's single player. And I personally suck at the multiplayer, so that goes out the window for me, and extinction isn't that fun either. But it's not a bad game either, it's just not good lol. 5/10

5/10 for me.

And technically, it looks far better than COD Black Ops II, but it still doesn't look all that "Next Gen". The graphics are merely average.

I don't think the game deserves a 3.3, but I definately don't recommend buying it.
  9. Jan 20, 2015
    My least favorite cod. Multiplayer added nothing new, and the campaign is pretty much a typical, pretty boring 5 hour story. Just a dull game, that will only be a little fun for an hour or so.
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    Story Story mode is just regular old COD story mode. Same thing every game but I dont pay much attention to the story anyways. 3/10

Multiplayer Multiplayer is CODs best mode in all of their games IMO. Since i was never really a big fan of Zombies. The Modern Warfarish gamestyle multiplayer holds is by far the best gamestyle out of all the CODs. It is kind of wierd that they took out Search and Destroy but it doesnt matter to me since I was a TDM player anyuways. Dont try FFA since its almost like you dont have a chance. Anyways multiplayer for Ghost is Great. 9/10

Graphics Metal Gear Raidens Voice: "OOOOOOHHHH THATS JUST PLAIN NASTYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" no really the graphics kinda suck but the game wasnt meant to be released for the PS3. 5/10
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    Your $60/£60 will likely fetch you more fun elsewhere. Call of Duty: Ghosts is comparable to annualized sports games, except for the fact that it doesn't substantially innovate over the years it's published.

As with previous Call of Duty games, there's a single-player campaign that takes a few hours to complete. The plot suffers from stereotypical video game tropes, and while the set pieces are pretty to look at, this campaign is no different from Infinity Ward's previous offerings from Modern Warfare 1, 2, or 3. The quality of the storytelling makes one seriously question degree of involvement of the Oscar-winning film writer, Stephen Gaghan, who was signed onto Ghosts' development. It's a shame that the campaign doesn't draw from the innovating elements that Treyarch's CoD: Black Ops II did, and feels quite like a step back for the franchise.

An additional segment, "Squads," has been added, which is essentially the multiplayer mode with the inclusion of computer-controlled teammates and enemies. In this vein, it's not a replacement of the "Spec Ops" co-operative missions mode from previous games. Rather, "Extinction" mode serves that purpose, a co-op survival mode that features aliens as the enemies. It uses the formula of Treyarch's CoD: Zombies modes, and does manage to measure up to its quality in some respects. The alien's movements are unpredictable and fighting them is passably entertaining, but the mode lacks the depth and dedication of the game it's trying to emulate. The small Easter eggs aren't as plentiful nor interesting as in Zombies, and the strategies needed to circumvent the aliens simply aren't inventive nor difficult to execute.

At its core, Call of Duty has always been about its multiplayer. And as I've suggested up till now, it is unchanged; just as you could consider Modern Warfare 3 a "Modern Warfare 2.5," you can consider Ghosts to be a "Modern Warfare 3.5." The graphical improvements are admittedly there, but they're so difficult to distinguish that it can be difficult to distinguish screenshots of this game with its predecessors'. The progression and customization mechanics take on a new coat of paint, and feature new weapons and attachment possibilities, as well as a persistent "prestige" system that allows players to keep their progress upon moving on to a new soldier to develop. Otherwise, the most notable changes are with the UI, and you could likely learn what you needed to know about the multiplayer from reading a review of either 2009's MW2 or 2011's MW3.

Ghosts' multiplayer offers the standard fare: a few small maps to encourage the fast-paced, arcade-style shooting action it's come to be known for. The metagame is mostly balanced, with the exception of certain weapons that do present minor problems, and does offer fans of the series something to come back to. It's definitely a functional shooter, and can certainly be fun to newcomers, but those that have experience in playing Call of Duty or other FPS games may have qualms with how familiar the game feels.

I don't feel that Ghosts is a bad game; I want to like it, really. It offers a large number of sub-games to sink time in, and the multiplayer is deep, possibly fun and even addictive. To some, this game may be worth your money, as long as you're able to ignore the dust of the last six Call of Duty games gathering on your shelf.
    Essentially, if you've played any of the Call of Duty games since the original Modern Warfare, you have played Ghosts. If you loved this game last year, you will still love it this year; if you hated it last year; you will still hate it this year.
  12. Jan 2, 2014
    Alright guys, it's time to grow the hell up, this game isn't a 10, and it certainly isn't a 3 or below. You want to play a game that deserves a 0? Play Ride To Hell, and trust me, COD: Ghosts will look like GOTY material.

Ghosts isn't an incredible, revolutionary, new shooter that offers a tremendous amount of new material. But it's still very, very playable. As a person who hasn't owned a Call of Duty game since Black Ops, (I thought MW3 was garbage for the most part) I wanted to hate this game as much as you guys do. But after playing through the campaign, getting to level 30 in multiplayer, and a few rounds of extinction, I've got to say, it's a good game.

The story in Ghosts is a refreshing idea, we take a break from killing Arabs, Nazis, and Russians (finally) and take up arms with a South American army who turned an American satellite against us. The story has a few plot twists and varied, epic sequences that are on par with what you'd expect from a AAA war game. If you can get over a few "that would NEVER happen" moments, it's quite enjoyable.

Graphically, it's not too "Next-Gen" but it's still damn pretty at time. The multiplayer maps look good and everything runs at a smoooooth 60 FPS at 1080p.

Speaking of multiplayer, I'll say it again, not a whole lot has changed. The one thing that got me excited was the genuinely awesome new game modes. IW took a page from Halo and added their own new infection mode which is loads of nail-biting fun, especially when playing with friends. Search and rescue will give you a good reason to watch the spectator screen and yell at your team mates as well. The progression system is all they really keep on changing, I really could care less, but it's still a functional system. My biggest gripe is something that the game, itself, can't change. The god-awful community of idiots still trying to "360 quik sc0pe wallbang hedshot"" you in a round of hardcore Search and Destroy while screeching through the mic about what they did to your Mom last night. Yup, these people still exist, though not that common anymore. For the part, it's still a fun time. And i have to admit, I missed the fast paced run-and-gun multiplayer.

As for extinction, it's not terribly interesting, but still great if you want to pull some friends together and shoot some aliens. It tries its very best to differentiate itself from TreyArch's zombies, and succeeds to some extent.

Overall, is it a COD game? Yes. Does it do a good job at being a COD game? Yes. Is it a broken piece of trash that has no effort put into it and is just a terrible "cash grab"? No. It's a functional, fun game that brings enough new features to the table to earn a 7/10 from me
  13. Nov 25, 2013
    This game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns andThis game sucks. Easily the worst call of duty since CoD3. For years Infinity Ward has been the leader of creating the better call of duty's but judging by this title that is no longer the case. The story sucks to the point where there isn't much to say, it's just a shooter... a very mediocre shooter. The multiplayer is easily the worst of the series to date. Awful maps, awful spawns and to top it off a lot of game modes from the previous CoD's were removed. It's truly a half assed call of duty. Expand
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    I had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the GhostsI had ordered a PS4 out of pure excitement at playing Ghosts on it, but after seeing it on my mate’s PS3 last night I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and waiting until later next year to buy the next Gen once there are some well rated games available. I do not get upset with seeing relatively similar things in Ghosts as with previous instalments simply because at the Ghosts launch Infinity Ward didn’t really promise much else therefore people should have known what to expect. It is, however, surprisingly bland and elements such as the maps are particularly disappointing in originality and it is here that I feel we have essentially been lied to because I.W. made so much noise about the interactivity of the online environment, suggesting this was a major development. So far I am yet to really see any trace of this other than someone getting a field order and it basically making the map turn a different colour. I went to climb on top of a rock that was not on the edge of the map and couldn’t even do that. I feel this was false advertising and evidence that the progression of this game was not even to the limited level promised. Pure laziness in detail such is what has made me angry that Ghosts is not even a half step forward. I do, though, think it’s fairly pathetic and testament to the general age of most gamers that so many folk give it a zero. To be a zero the game would have to be appalling and unplayable. It is far from this, but in principle deserves to get panned on the simple fact that the intense marketing was clearly a sales strategy to get as many first week sales as possible before they quickly drop off because Activision knew that deep down they did not have a game that matched the hype and they would soon be found out. And for the record the pre-launch sales strategy was unspeakably naff and cheesy and as a 31 year old had me feeling embarrassed to be a part of this dying franchise. So I give this an honest 6 purely because I will still enjoy the new guns and competitiveness of it for a short while, but would otherwise have given it much higher had Activision and I.W. even come close to demonstrating that they wanted to give loyal fans something more. Activision has an ingenuous business model and are clearly only interested in making money, so they will shamelessly take what they can get from this brand for as long as possible and not care if it ends up being the gaming version of ‘The Hangover 3’ a cheap cash in. For the record, Riley the dog was as bad a marketing tool as it is a kill streak. Expand
  15. Jan 17, 2014
    If you played prior CoD then you know what to expect. The developers way of innovating the game is by making some cosmetic changes to the game like the way you do your loadout. The single player is garbage of course so no point talking about that. Multiplayer is the same. One of my biggest gripes about prior CoD games was player hosting and I thought with their new half server half hostingIf you played prior CoD then you know what to expect. The developers way of innovating the game is by making some cosmetic changes to the game like the way you do your loadout. The single player is garbage of course so no point talking about that. Multiplayer is the same. One of my biggest gripes about prior CoD games was player hosting and I thought with their new half server half hosting that it would be better but sadly it isn't. The good news is that you rarely have to suffer from host migrating that would constantly interrupt game matches. The bad is that it doesn't play smooth. Bullets take a while to register and at times it can get laggy, probably because of the half player hosting. You'll find often times you'll be dead before feeling any of the bullets hitting you. The maps are horrible. Squad modes is not that great. Extinction on the other hand is fun. Unfortunately there's not much to it and it would've been nice if instead of the useless squad modes that the developers spend more time making either more maps or something to extinction. Extinction is the only fun part about CoD ghost and saying I would not recommend anyone pay 60$ for the game. If you can find it for cheap and you have plenty of friends that play then it might be worth getting if your a fan but if you want a good FPS then steer clear of this game. Expand
  16. Dec 4, 2013
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the game is just... mediocre all over. graphically the game doesn't feel next gen the single player sucks, normally I love COD single player for at least 1 play through but I barely made it through COD ghosts, it's bad. the final 2 missions are the only good ones. the multiplayer has all the issues
    where do I begin? COD Ghosts is what happens when you milk a series to the max.

the multiplayer has all the issues with other cod games (getting shot makes you aim up in the air for no reason, quick scoping, and panic knifing, terrible spawns) but nothing that makes it fun.

since battlefield 4 and killzone shadow fall is 60fps now, the smooth feeling can be found in other games both of those games run 60fps so it's smooth like cod, and both look better. there is just no reason to play cod anymore.

the only new and welcome addition is extinction mode which is somewhat like nazi zombies. the game mode is kinda fun but it's not enough to redeem the game. COD Ghosts is the epitome of mediocrity. if you like cod, get battlefield 4 and get cod as well.
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    Haven't played the campaign yet more than an hour so won't talk about that. Have about 15 hours into multiplayer and its my least favorite one. The only pros are the graphics look amazing and the maps are bigger than usual so thats a nice change. I hate the loadout system and the squad members as you have to unlock everything with each different person if you want multiple people to tryHaven't played the campaign yet more than an hour so won't talk about that. Have about 15 hours into multiplayer and its my least favorite one. The only pros are the graphics look amazing and the maps are bigger than usual so thats a nice change. I hate the loadout system and the squad members as you have to unlock everything with each different person if you want multiple people to try to mix it up. The worst part is the spawn points are the worst ever, I get killed at least 3 times every match in less than 2 seconds from spawning. Once EA fixes their stuff and Battlefield works this will likely collect dust which is a shame since Black Ops 2 was my fave so this is a giant step back... hopefully next year Treyarch can make good use of the new consoles. Expand
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    sooooo where do you ppl have your ps4 game and console from? how can you rate something thats not on the market? stick to the ps3 and xbox version.... if you should really own this game, and not just type bull$hit?
  19. Nov 8, 2013
    I enjoy CoD games, MW1 and Black Ops 2 were absolutely fantastic. While the graphics have stayed relatively the same, the features and changes over the years have improved the experience considerably.

However this year it isn't all that great. I don't play CoD for single player, I play Halo, Far Cry, GTA, and those games for story. This is exclusively kick back and shoot at digital characters to release frustration.

The main cons I have with the game. They still haven't fixed the spawn system. It is god awful and more than once in the same match I've spawned in the line of fire of the guy who just killed me. They ruined the pick 10 system. Sure being able to pick and choose the guns I want to get is great, but requiring points to get the attachments is infuriating. The menu to set up is convoluted as well. They broke the best class customization experience I've had thus far. Also the gun balance is terrible. Although that's to be expected from CoD. Halo 2 still has the best gun balance of any FPS I've played, no one has come close.

The maps are refreshing with more vertical possibilities and somewhat destructible environments, but some are way too large and impossible to find other players. Thermal scope is a huge improvement over the dual band scope in Black Ops 2. Less jarring and easier on the eyes. Some of the guns have attachments on them by default, which is somewhat helpful.

I'm still going to play the out of this game. The multiplayer is still addictive, albeit with some frustrating moments. I've had to adjust my gaming style from Black Ops 2, but in a way that's good. While the graphics aren't as huge an improvement as I thought they would be perhaps there will be some patches down the line to improve the experience.

TL;DR Considering the game was built on a new engine it isn't an improvement and a downgrade in some aspects. It'll be fun for CoD fans, especially since a lot of players will migrate from Black Ops 2 in the coming months, but if you were planning on jumping into FPS do not go with this game. Go with older FPS such as Halo CE anniversary or CoD MW.
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    Ghosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a goodGhosts is a little disappointing to me. The graphics are clean but fall really short compared to most other ps4 games. The pacing of the campaign crawled more than it ran and it feels like they went through a checklist of previous environments to build it with the exception of the masterfully crafted space sections. The ending did leave me wanting the sequel which is always a good thing. The gunplay is tight as ever and the tweaking of the weapons finally makes every choice equal. The patches feel like a big step down from the customization of black ops but the outfits and helmets are a step in the right direction. It's just a shame they all look similar and there was never a carrot at the end of a string for me to chase. Squads is laughable and makes me wonder what they were thinking. I'd much rather have one character that truly feels like my creation. Don't get me wrong, ill spend countless hours on ghosts but I hope they try harder in the future. The bread is getting stale, at least put some jelly on it for me. Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2014
    As a first person shooter fun,Call of duty series is always my choose year by year,especially modern warfare,it gives me great memory,of course black ops series is great,but for me, call of duty developed by infinity ward is real call of duty.so although i hesitate,but still pick up this game:Ghost,looking for a new start for this series,and,unfortunately ,it's not.
    Single player review:
    Single player review:
    After world war 3,Russian seems to get tired,so the south america is coming,OK,cut the crap,the single player is a huge disappointed to me,it's short,very short,when it came to the end,i just can't believe it's over,then it's no different from it's predecessor,which is bad for all COD fun,not gonna lie,it's the worst single player experience i have in COD series,i don't know why IW didn't pay enough attention to SF,yeah i know MP is important,but it's irresponsible to make it that way for all the funs.
    Multiplayer review:
    After bad and sad SF experience,as i always do,start MP,surprisingly,it's good! maybe better than MW 3 in some way,the maps have different style,not just street battle,some maps looks like BF,it's big,whether you are a sniper or carry a auto rifle ,you will love the long shot,and Create a soldier is gorgeous! and perks is more,practical,interesting,make you don't wanna stop to gain it,but overall,still no different from it's predecessor.so if you want some real innovation,hold that though.
    After all ,call of duty ghost become a sport game,IW don't want to break the rules,so nothing more nothing less,like it or hate it,i might wanna stop hope that this series will have some real fresh start,and don't know where the franchise will leave.
  22. Jan 8, 2014
    This game is not bad however for a call of duty it is terrible. Know i am not the kind of gamer that says COD sucks because it isn't Battlefield since to be honest they are very different games. However the game still has it's own issues.

1. Maps are big which often means people spread about all over the place instead of fighting in one area. This means that quite often when you spawn on one side of the map a member of the enemy team is already near you since they have simply went through the map without seeing anyone since everybody is spread out.

2. You die far to quickly even for a call of duty game. It literally becomes the game of who can shoot first. This makes getting a kill unrewarding if i am playing Killzone,Battlefield 4 or even Black ops 2 i am happy when i get a kill because i earned that kill where in Ghosts it's like well done i managed to something my dog would probably be able to do. This lack of caring often leads to the games feeling boring. Yes boring for the first time ever i can describe a COD as being boring.

3. It is the same formula as MW3. Know i understand what COD wants to do and i'm happy they do that but Infinity ward really need to change up their COD's like Treyarch do but it just feels like a game we got 2 years a go. When Battlefield is making maps with great destructibility, Killzone is making beautiful world and Titan fall has got jumping between rooftops, Call of duty is doing the same thing.

However the campaign is good for COD i think but again it's not great it's just good. Also the game functions fine and some people will probably love it and i can kind of understand it.

Also Fish A.I. YAY
  23. Dec 6, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runsAnother year, another Call of Duty. If you've played any of the previous ones then you pretty much know what you are getting into by now. The Campaign mode wasn't bad and the story was alright. It wasn't anything special. I most played it since a majority of the trophies in the game come from the Campaign. The Multiplayer mode plays essentially like everything Call of Duty. It runs smoothly and with dedicated servers the online mode is much better. However, with much larger maps snipers are much more common and sometimes the match pacing is really slow. Also, the graphics show almost no growth compared to the last-gen. Essentially, if you are a fan of Call of Duty you will most likely enjoy this game. New players: not so much. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2014
    Ghost is just okay for an arcade game. The game is playable if the community of young campers aged under 12 years are forgotten. Several map are too big for as little amount of player. Must still say that the game is "Correct". Of course it will never surpass MW2 or even games such as Battlefield.
  25. Dec 7, 2013
    I personally felt the campaign took a turn for the better. I really enjoyed the new story and new controls. But after the 6 hour campaign the multiplayer was pretty disappointing. It's different, but for all of the wrong reasons. Like the maps are horrible and have no structure, and it doesn't help that players vote to have some of the most unstructured maps come up every match.

If

If there are 10 maps, why am I always playing on 1 or 2?
  26. Jan 30, 2014
    Not a bad game, but also not a really good one. Same old COD story, gameplay and graphics. Since it's on a next-gen console you have some expectations, but this game looks bad, especially when you compare it to Battlefield 4 and even more so to Killzone Shadow Fall.
    So to me it's not a must buy, but you should consider it if you're a die-hard COD multiplayer fan.
  27. Dec 9, 2013
    While it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feelWhile it plays well and returns that familiarity to its fast paced combat, COD: Ghosts is just not impressive enough to warrant anything more than a mid-range score. Ghosts has new improvements such as corner peeking, destructible environments and a much better scope for snipers. However, the fact that all of these features are already common staples in other FPS games just makes it feel very underwhelming.

Add on top of the fact that the real reason why COD was so competitive in the last generation was due to hardware limitations. It balanced out the lack of features with its slick gameplay at 60 frames-per-second. Unfortunately, at the dawn of a new console generation, its competitors will now enjoy the same smooth gameplay as well as its abundance of features, while COD is seemingly just playing catch up this time around.

COD Ghosts is enjoyable at what it does. It's just not the best at doing it anymore. I'm pretty sure the lack of innovation had a lot to do with Activision firing Infinity Ward's top developers, which in turn caused a mass exodus of its employees. (they all went on to develop Titanfall, which is looking to be a game changer)
  28. Dec 1, 2013
    The worst CoD multiplayer wise, the maps are horid, too big and everyone camps, and to top it off kill streaks, removed features that made the game better from Black Ops 2, and many removed game modes.

Other than that the rest is solid.
    Extintion is better than zombies
    Squads is fun
    and
    the campaign is jaw dropping. Although they give you less freedom.
  29. Feb 11, 2014
    Another year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it'sAnother year, another CoD. Really, what is there to say about this game? In all aspects it's worse than Treyarch's offering last year, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. Truthfully, it's average at best. The campaign is brief, but strangely the story is really uninvolved and unengaging. Weirder still, I found the voice acting in spots to be truly terrible. Graphically, it's meh, and certainly doesn't represent what next gen can bring.

The multiplayer is enjoyable, but I find it a lot less fun than in BO2. It's really hard to pinpoint why, just that something is missing. Overall, average game.
  30. May 10, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    You play as Logan, a mute protagonist who's purpose is to kill hundreds of South Americans without showing a single sign of emotion. Why do shooters still have mute protagonists? They make it impossible to develop a relationship with the protagonist, they make certain scenes awkward when characters are referring to them, and they make character death scenes less emotionally engaging. I'm disappointed in the story not just because of its mute hero, but because of everything else. Most of the characters here are weak (besides the infamous puppy known as Riley :P), The dialogue and voice acting are bland, and the plot often gets jumbled up as you're thrown from one country to another and from one set piece to another. Treyarch has shown us that Call of Duty games can have good single player experiences. Clearly these guys can tell a better story than IW can. The only good thing I can say about the story mode is the ending since it has a nice twist to the normal Call of Duty ending that we see (even if it's a sequel setup). 4/10

Gameplay:
    Standard Call of Duty gameplay just this time, you're more restricted to experiment with different strategies and pathways than before. most of the time it's "follow X, Wait for X to give you permission to fire, fire, repeat". It's stupid why they decide to restrict player access. One more thing, you only control Riley twice in the single player. Why did they hype up this dog? 5/10

Graphics:
    On PS4 (sorry PC guys for an inferior port), These graphics have the best textures out of any Call of Duty, but the colors are weaker compared to Black Ops 2. 7/10

Sound:
    The score isn't really that good. I barely noticed it during my playthroughs of the single player (please come back Hans Zimmer), and the gameplay sounds are what you expect from a Call of Duty game. 6/10

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer here is only slightly better than Black Ops 2's multiplayer for a few reasons: The maps (although larger here) don't use the same lazy 3-lane layout that was in 90% of Black Ops 2, the character customization is cool, no more stupid weapon levels to earn attachments, squads mode is a cool idea (multiplayer against bots), extinction is a nice replacement to zombies (although repetitive), more new gamemodes, and a surprisingly lack of overpowered guns/equipment. Besides the AK12, MSBS, M-tar X, Ripper, IEDs, and the Remmington R5, This game is more balanced than Black Ops 2, but not as balanced as Black Ops 1. I also like what they did with the customization. As said, there's character customization (no emblem editor), the new perk system is cool, the strike packages return (just not as annoying as Modern Warfare 3), the gender option is appreciated, and the create a class although not like Black Ops 2's pick 10 system, is a nice mix between that system along with classic Call of Duty class systems.The big problem with the multiplayer are the spawns, lack of dedicated servers, some hit detection issues, and how fast you die. I eventually got used to this, but I know some people who despise this feature as it encourages camping in their eyes. I also liked the return of currency in the form of squad points. They are earned at random times in matches, completing challenges and operations, or by completing field orders (brief in game mini-challenges). The extinction mode is IW's response to zombies. It features a hidden story (though not as elaborate as zombies), 4 player co-op, and a ranking system. But this time around, it features prestige mode, custom loadouts, different roles, boss fights, and actual endings rather than death. In the end, zombies is still better but that doesn't mean extinction is weak. Squads mode is also a great way for newbies to get used to the game since it's your squad of multiplayer characters (10 max, 6 at a time per match) vs another player's squad. You still earn XP (even if it's a little), squad points, and occasional XP boosts for squads. Overall, Ghost's multiplayer isn't as bad as everyone's been saying it is. 7/10

Verdict:
    Ghosts can be frustrating to play on multiplayer if you don't like dying too fast, but in the right lobby, the multiplayer's a ton of fun to play (as with all Call of Duties). The story may be weak and the gameplay similar to previous Call of Duties, but the improvement in texture quality and in overall multiplayer is enough to say that this game's worth a price drop. Rating 7/10

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.