3.7

1. Apr 17, 2014
    Waayyy too much testosterone on show here. So much in fact I wonder if the whole game is some homo-erotic in-joke.
    You're in space...you're a dog...you're in a tank that handles like a Ferrari and so on.
    Buy it. Play it. Then sell it to some poor sod on ebay.
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    I have been a long time COD fan and the series has been getting worse since MW2 IMHO. Ghosts isn't any better. The maps aren't good and the game play is stale. I haven't been enjoying Ghosts at all, but I have started playing Battlefield 4 which I am enjoying a lot. Especially now Battlefield has a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in its playlists. Anyways I wouldn'tI have been a long time COD fan and the series has been getting worse since MW2 IMHO. Ghosts isn't any better. The maps aren't good and the game play is stale. I haven't been enjoying Ghosts at all, but I have started playing Battlefield 4 which I am enjoying a lot. Especially now Battlefield has a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in its playlists. Anyways I wouldn't suggest COD Ghosts, try something else for an online shooter. Hope this helps! Like I said i have been a long time, hardcore fan of COD and want to like Ghosts but don't. Oh and the graphics are terrible, after playing battlefield ghosts looks like a cartoon. Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    I have not minded any of the campaigns in COD before. That being said, this is the worst story I have ever had to take part in. At no point did I care about any of the characters or who lived or died. The plot line is way out there and they need to step it back a bit and go for something a bit more believable.

Online connects very fast with games and is fun for a short time. It isn't

Online connects very fast with games and is fun for a short time. It isn't like the others where you feel like you are moving up the ranks and having fun doing it. It is a shame Battlefield 4 is broken and COD gave us this for a new console launch. Last years games would have been better than this so far.
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts tries to return the franchise back to form, yet again. Ghosts' story is dumb and tries to be smarter than what is actually is. The "action set pieces" that the Call of Duty franchise is know for are hear but none of them are so good that they are memorable. The campaign itself is so boring and formulaic; follow this person, shot these people, sneak around hear. TheCall of Duty: Ghosts tries to return the franchise back to form, yet again. Ghosts' story is dumb and tries to be smarter than what is actually is. The "action set pieces" that the Call of Duty franchise is know for are hear but none of them are so good that they are memorable. The campaign itself is so boring and formulaic; follow this person, shot these people, sneak around hear. The multiplayer is mainly the same, which can be a good thing for some players and a bad thing for others. The maps are a little to big for my liking as you can be killed a lot of times and by many directions. The new modes, Cranked and Blitz seem cool on paper but are not as fun when you are playing them. Squads also seems really fun but when you narrow it down it is the same as the multiplayer just with bots. Extinction was my favorite mode in the game, which is a shock to me. It takes a Left 4 Dead style to surviving rounds against waves and waves of aliens. Call of Duty: Ghosts might be the worst Call of Duty game to date, even when it is played with a DualShock 4 controller and next-gen graphics. Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is te biggest piece of crap, I've seen from CoD. I wish IW would stop copy pasting one game after another. I'm a huge CoD fan, but the game has not been out for a month and I'm allredy bored of the multiplayer, that is full people who camp all game long. The camping is horrible, about 99.99% unrealistic (a guy gets shot 5 times in the chest and he is still alive, and he had no bullet proof vest), also I've played CoD4, WaW, Mw2, Mw3, Bo, and Bo2, amd it feels like they copy pasted many scenes from the past CoDs. The only reason I give it a 4/10 and not a 3/10 is because of Extintion. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2013
    Yeah... no... This game has crappy single player and is played by a bunch of 12 year olds. There has been a lack of innovation throughout the entire series and is unbelievably similar to the others in the series.
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    I promised myself I'd have a break from the Cod series and switch to Battlefield for a while. But the excitement of getting a PS4 and trying out Ghosts won me over. The single player was enjoyable with a storyline typical of a Hollywood film, although it's very linear.

Extinction is fun and worth some of your time, just think Aliens instead of Zombies and you're there. Squads is good way to learn the maps and weapons.

Multiplayer then! It's very familiar, different weapons, perks and streaks. Nothing out of the norm. I was most excited about dedicated servers as the past couple of Cods have suffered from atrocious Lag and the only time it seemed playable was when 2 people were watching Netflix at home, which essentially reinforced the poor connection bonus (host disadvantage). As it turns out the PS4 gets a hybrid system dedicated server system, which means it's not really dedicated and currently the LAG issues I've witnessed make the experience unenjoyable. Hit detection can be massively off too, I've seen a few killcams where the player is exiting the right of the screen with the hit markets indicating on the left side of the screen! I'm hoping it's all down to the low population of PS4 Ghosts owners and it will work out in the new year.

For me it's been a bit disappointing and I've never recreated the fun I had on COD1 and MW1
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    It looks a bit prettier than the PS3 version but it boring, linear and plays like you're on rails. Hugely disappointing and such a weak effort to debut on the Ps4 with. Far Cry 3 on the PS3 is ten times the game this is.
  9. Jan 21, 2014
    Okay Ive been a call of duty fan since day one and Ive loved the series modern warfare series was amazing both story and online. Black OPS 1 and 2 were great online games as well. And then we have ghosts and honestly Im more then a little disappointed with what we got. Campaign was short and boring and the online from launch was plagued with hackers and glitches to this day are stillOkay Ive been a call of duty fan since day one and Ive loved the series modern warfare series was amazing both story and online. Black OPS 1 and 2 were great online games as well. And then we have ghosts and honestly Im more then a little disappointed with what we got. Campaign was short and boring and the online from launch was plagued with hackers and glitches to this day are still present and the squads system is horrible. While it looks okay I don't class it as a next generation title have played played it on the ps3 and ps4 there is little to no difference in quality. for Infinity Wards sake I hope they take a long hard look at this game and realised they **** up and delivered nothing what they have promised I really hope there is no ghosts 2..... Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is about as fun as watching grass grow. Level design and story are so bland that I don't care if any of the characters survive or even if the generic "bad guys" win. Slow motion events that have no bearing on what happens next. Really annoying when you nail the quicktime event first try and you still get your ass handed to you. Regenerating health so you never need to slowThis game is about as fun as watching grass grow. Level design and story are so bland that I don't care if any of the characters survive or even if the generic "bad guys" win. Slow motion events that have no bearing on what happens next. Really annoying when you nail the quicktime event first try and you still get your ass handed to you. Regenerating health so you never need to slow down or think about how to approach the situation. Just plow right down the middle making sure you don't get too far away from your team mates or it's instant death. Enemies take dozens of bullets and maintain their accuracy but you get hit once and your aim flies around like you're getting hit with wrecking balls. Weapons all seemed to preform exactly the same. Sad. Expand
  11. Feb 18, 2014
    I've never been a fan of Call of duty campaigns and even though i didn't particularly like Black ops twos campaign, i praised it for being different and trying something new.
    Ghosts campaign however must be one of the most boring in the whole of the franchises history. Every level is more or less the same, follow a guy, stop when he tells you to, follow him some more, kill four or five bad guys, then repeat.
    The implementation of Riley the dog i personally thought bordered of ridiculous and the characters were exact carbon copies from past games.
    The mutli-player was marketed on having "dynamic map changing events (similar to battlefield), yet all i've ever seen in the oversize maps, is a petrol station blowing up, one map change due to a kem strike and being able to move dumpsters.
    While ive now got used to the multi player, after originally being frustrated with how fast you die, I still don't necessary find it all that fun to play.
    It was always going to be hard to compete with last years higher standard call of duty published by Treyarch and sadly, ghosts doesn't come close.
  12. Feb 17, 2014
    For a franchise as big as Call of Duty, this is really a mixed bag. The story is A decent campaign, it held an interest for me at least to see it to the very end. I was really disappointed there was no sniping only missions at all in the campaign though. Extinction was a big step up from Spec Ops, but it wore out quick as it was just a mashup of Left 4 Dead and Treyarchs Zombies. There wasFor a franchise as big as Call of Duty, this is really a mixed bag. The story is A decent campaign, it held an interest for me at least to see it to the very end. I was really disappointed there was no sniping only missions at all in the campaign though. Extinction was a big step up from Spec Ops, but it wore out quick as it was just a mashup of Left 4 Dead and Treyarchs Zombies. There was nothing exceptional enough for it to stand out other than a new 3D model to shoot at. But the multi-player is absolutely broken. Since the game has launched I've been killed by I.E.D's, C4's and Grenade launchers about 70% of my overall deaths. I want to like this game, because this is the only twitch shooter available at the moment but it's a deal breaker if I have to run Sitrep and Blast shield, using up 5 of my 8 allotted perk slots just to be able to play the damn game.. It`s a really dumb move that they removed their most competitive game modes from their playlists. Demolition and Capture the Flag were my favorite and almost exclusive game modes because they pretty much guaranteed safe respawns. Now those game modes are gone and I'm constantly finding myself getting shot the moment I take a step after respawning. And the art design is just dreadful. I know it's supposed to look all roughed up, due to Odin decimating America, but the color scheme is just absolutely disgusting. The color pallet is more bland than World at War, and it's really depressing to look at.. I don`t even think DLC can be it`s saving grace. Until they fix the main problems with multi-player, I think I am gonna stick with Battlefield. Expand
  13. Mar 10, 2014
    This game was very disappointing for me because I liked Black Ops 2 when it first came out, it does try to do some new things however it's still the same stuff as last year, however it looks better than the other call of duties in the years past. Worst of the series.
  14. May 14, 2014
    Once again, don't be expecting much different from this installation in the COD franchise. Campaign is fairly good, probably the most time consuming one so far. It's filled with the moments you've come to expect from this franchise. Buildings collapsing, trains derailed, etc. Multiplayer is also what you've come to expect. There really is no major differences in game play, just the sameOnce again, don't be expecting much different from this installation in the COD franchise. Campaign is fairly good, probably the most time consuming one so far. It's filled with the moments you've come to expect from this franchise. Buildings collapsing, trains derailed, etc. Multiplayer is also what you've come to expect. There really is no major differences in game play, just the same old recycled formula. One thing that really dissapointed me (but shouldn't come as a surprise) is the graphics. This game on PS4 looks tremendously similar to the older gen versions. COD is going downhill, and this franchise should die out soon. (HOPEFULLY) Expand
  15. May 27, 2014
    Another year, another call of duty. I though Modern Warfare 3 was too similar to Modern Warfare 2 until I saw this rip off, almost everything has been copied from previous installments of the series to the point where it's just ridiculous. I completed the campaign in less than 5 hours, or should I say movie as you are basically just shepherded from set piece to set piece tied looselyAnother year, another call of duty. I though Modern Warfare 3 was too similar to Modern Warfare 2 until I saw this rip off, almost everything has been copied from previous installments of the series to the point where it's just ridiculous. I completed the campaign in less than 5 hours, or should I say movie as you are basically just shepherded from set piece to set piece tied loosely together by one of the worst story lines in recent memory. Multiplayer is the weakest of the series so far, full of lag, unbalanced guns and terrible maps. Extinction mode is surprisingly fun especially with friends and is the only thing that saves this cash in from an even lower rating Expand
  16. Sep 28, 2014
    stupid gay crap its so wasteful of your money its just another set piece of repetitive gameplay. its got such bad visuals and its story is garbage. Unbelievable.
  17. Jul 31, 2014
    Call of Duty burnout has finally set in. The story mode is as generic as ever, the multiplayer just feels unbalanced and looks to be encouraging too many micro-transactions. Good bye Call of Duty this was my last purchase in the franchise.
  18. Sep 13, 2014
    Just another Call of Duty cookie cutter sequel, single player is usually short and sweet and maybe even somewhat believable, but Ghosts single player is sloppy and leaves the player with questions. Where was all of Americas allies when it is being invaded by what im assuming is a south american confederate dictatorship? (I have to assume because they never explain)
  19. Nov 18, 2015
    Maybe I'm just getting bored of the Call of Duty games, but I lost interest in this game after only playing a few levels in the campaign and a handful of rounds online.
  20. May 18, 2015
    I don't completely hate this game, so don't get butthurt if you a Ghost fan. I loved the multiplayer, I really did, but as far as the campaign goes, you can tell that they put no effort in this games story, gameplay or graphics. It's as if they went in the bathroom, sat on the toilet and shat out this game. It isn't completely bad, but I can't give it a higher score than 4, below average,I don't completely hate this game, so don't get butthurt if you a Ghost fan. I loved the multiplayer, I really did, but as far as the campaign goes, you can tell that they put no effort in this games story, gameplay or graphics. It's as if they went in the bathroom, sat on the toilet and shat out this game. It isn't completely bad, but I can't give it a higher score than 4, below average, for it's effortless, pathetic attempt to keep this greedy franchise going. The characters are so stale and cliché they seem like corpses. The story is pitiful, just another damn revenge story. The fighting situations are so unrealistic, and if it can't get any worse, I'm sorry, it does, it ends on a freaking cliff hanger. Thanks Activision, ending a game on a cliff hanger that you'll never make a sequel to. They've made that official, no sequel. Even though the story is bad, you still wanna know what happens. The Campaign is shorter than any other Call of Duty installment. I beat it in two days, maybe with two hours of gameplay. And for me, that's extremely short. I'm a slow player. I don't beat games in 1 day like other people I know. The game is somewhat fun, but not worth your money. Also the game is supposed to be set in the future. Farther into the future than Black Ops 2. Black Ops 2 has crazy ass tech and Call of Duty Ghost is using the great, State of the Art tech from 2010. Somehow this game is still more bearable than MW3. Expand
  21. Aug 21, 2015
    This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a unique dynamic in which players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply for survival. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a surreptitiousThis new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a unique dynamic in which players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply for survival. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently redrawn. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a surreptitious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. There are over 20 NEW Kill Streaks in Call of Duty: Ghosts — such as Juggernaut Maniac, Helo-Scout, Vulture and the ODIN Strike. You can even bring in Riley, from the single-player campaign, as your guard dog to warn you when enemies approach, and to attack enemies if they get too close to your person. Expand
  22. Aug 26, 2015
    This was my first COD game so i didnt realize how bad it was. Enemies were so hard to see even on my huge tv, maps were lacking and guns weak. Graphics were also uninspiring
  23. Nov 1, 2015
    I expected more out of this. The campaign is short. This the 3rd or 4th CoD game I played so I expected more. I realize that after finishing the game, I could only remember some scenes. This may not mean a lot for some people but for me it speaks how great the game is. In this one this is bad. Sorry CoD fans, this is not a game that I can recommend.
  24. Jul 4, 2016
    Terrible jugabilidad, aburrido y repetitivo, con gráficos e inteligencia artificial mediocres y para rematar una historia olvidable. Un juego poco recomendable.
  25. Jan 29, 2017
    Cuando juegas esto te das cuenta que a las empresas de videojuegos le importas un comino, solo sacan productos para que los compres sin valor artístico, sin valor jugabilistico, solo plata. y pues claro los niños ratas felices y contentos. tuvo que llegar la secuela para tener un poco mas de espíritu. un juego realmente olvidable, desastrozo
  26. May 8, 2016
    I wish I could shoot Activision right in the face right now. How come a billion-dollar conglomerate company be able to release the same Call of Duty s**t over and over again every single year? I used to be a Call of Duty fan (Modern Warfare's 1 and 2 were the best, and so does Black Ops III), but this fatigue needs to stop right now. All of these critics were trying to tell you to saveI wish I could shoot Activision right in the face right now. How come a billion-dollar conglomerate company be able to release the same Call of Duty s**t over and over again every single year? I used to be a Call of Duty fan (Modern Warfare's 1 and 2 were the best, and so does Black Ops III), but this fatigue needs to stop right now. All of these critics were trying to tell you to save your money but honestly they're a bunch of liars. It's the same thing: Eat, Sleep, Kick-Ass, Repeat for at least 10 hours! I'm sorry, but Ghosts is the absolute worst in the Call of Duty. Can I seriously need Modern Warfare 4? Yes. Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    *Disclaimer: This review is based off of an extensive rental of this game, I HAVE REFUSED TO PURCHASE COD since Black Ops 1 (reasons explained below)*
    It's awesome as well as hilarious that COD: Ghosts has a title that is a self-fulfilling prophecy; this franchise will be nothing more than dead as a ghost after this game. Rehashed graphics, rehashed story, and even worse (but not surprising), the same worn out old multiplayer mechanics and function. Admittedly I SO HOPED that they would introduce that ONE innovative idea, or cool new feature, or ONE defining evolution to set it apart as a DIFFERENT Call of Duty game than the rest....but none I could recall during my many hours of play.
    In brief: Same COD, different year. Fanboys will love it, Haters will hate it. Do yourself a favor, step out-of-the-box (or bubble) and give a different game a try: BF4, AC4, heck even GT5. Games that have at least made a decent attempt at introducing some sort of innovation to their franchises instead of serving up sloppy seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths....and so on.
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    As someone who was able to cheaply rent a copy of Ghosts, I can fully report to you the following. DON'T BUY IT! Not that you needed me to tell you that, but Ghosts is a joke. Here is the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. And the fact that they already announced a new CoD, should speak volumes.

Good SP campaign is longer than most previous entries. It does a good job mixing up different stages to fight through. The perk system for Lag Ops II remains, only there is more options now. You can literally craft a player like never before given all the options available to you. The controls seem a little tighter than MW3. Quick-scoping is not as easy to do now, which is great because I've seen less of it in matches. The graphics for the SP are as good as they ever were. The only other good note I can mention is they offer non-customizable emblems as previous IW titles have. This is a good thing as you get tired of the racist, pro hitler displays so often found from the cussing 12 year-olds in the Black Ops game.

Bad The SP campaign still consists of your typical Michael Bay, slow motion throat-cutting, jump in the last second before a massive explosion campaign that we've seen for a decade now. The menus are ugly, pale, and an eyesore in many cases. Even the presentation of the multiplayer per how you increase rank, receive awards, etc.. seems worse than ever. The presentation of the menus, ranks, and challenge awards have gone down considerably. CoD still retains terrible hit detection as usual. Nothing like pumping 30 rounds into someone only to go down in an instant to a quick knife swipe to your shoulder. The new game modes are exciting for about 5 minutes but get boring really quickly. What's worse is they removed other classic staples of previous CoD games. Gone is Headquarters, Capture the Flag, and other entries.

Ugly The graphics on the multiplayer are the worst I've seen ever in a CoD game. They are worse the MW 1, 2, 3, and both Black Ops games. The screen tearing is constant, textures are not fully realized and fade quickly as you move away from them. The maps are so bland it is hard not to fall asleep as you run around trying to find people. Speaking of which, the maps are waaaaaaaaaaaay too damn big. You spend half the time running around just trying to find other players. Think of Battlefield size maps with no background animation and terrible graphics. The maps are uninteresting and very lifeless. Worse than previous CoD titles. The graphics almost feel like a movie set made of drywall rather than a real location. The SP campaign seems to use some cut scenes stolen from other CoD games. Some scenes seem all too familiar and now a guy on YouTube has posted comparison videos. Oh yeah... remember the dog they bragged about having... it is a novelty that is forgotten in the campaign without any real explanation. It is there one minute and gone the next without any consistency.

Rent this game if you are not convinced... but don't waste $60 on this crap. It is a waste of money. My review score comes without a check from Activision. I give a 3.5
  29. Aug 5, 2014
    Boring, very linear with no options or ability to choose where to go next. A huge disappointment and a big step back. Compared to games like Far Cry 3 on the PS3 this offers nothing new or interesting and for a PS4 release there really should have been something more to offer than slightly polished graphics.
  30. Apr 21, 2014
    the campaign for the game was fun had a good story. But the mp just was bad the maps were to big. they added a lot of perks but barley any attachments. There are not many guns in the game to. and the getting the guns system that the game has i don't like liked it better were you level up to get the gun, they also should have left the pick 10 system that they had in black ops 2 in this. itthe campaign for the game was fun had a good story. But the mp just was bad the maps were to big. they added a lot of perks but barley any attachments. There are not many guns in the game to. and the getting the guns system that the game has i don't like liked it better were you level up to get the gun, they also should have left the pick 10 system that they had in black ops 2 in this. it also seems like you die a lot faster in this one. But being able to customize your guy is really fun and one of cool things they have in this game. But to me the game play fells weird and broken. the aliens i don't really like much ether liked fighting zombies then aliens the ranking system is fun in aliens how you customize your load out and get different perks. Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2013
    Moche pour de la next gen, multi tres peu original, solo tres court sans aucune liberté, dimension artistiq et immersive assez faiblarde, scenario chier tres loin d'un Black ops...bref du call of tres bas de gamme!:-(
  32. Dec 7, 2013
    I have been playing cod since cod4 modern warfare. I was excited to play this game thinking it was going to be another awesome infinity ward game, but it is missing so much. For one the maps are not designed very well at all. There is really no fun in sniping anymore like the older versions. The game is alright if you just want to run around and get killed every two seconds fromI have been playing cod since cod4 modern warfare. I was excited to play this game thinking it was going to be another awesome infinity ward game, but it is missing so much. For one the maps are not designed very well at all. There is really no fun in sniping anymore like the older versions. The game is alright if you just want to run around and get killed every two seconds from behind. Infinity Ward could of easily made a map like crossfire where the spawn was perfect and it was literally a sniper shootout. If you haven't seen the layouts for cod4 you need to check them out and compare them. I could go on for days about how they went down hill with this game. Plus no league play come on. Expand
  33. Dec 31, 2013
    Was really disappointed by Infinity Ward from MW3.One of the worst games I have ever played.But whatsoever not sure how I feel about CoD Ghosts.I've had it for 12 days but I've been playing Call of Duty for 3 years.I really enjoyed the game the first week but then it was all up and downs.Campers everywhere sitting in the corners,or sniper with thermal scopes.Haven't completed the campaignWas really disappointed by Infinity Ward from MW3.One of the worst games I have ever played.But whatsoever not sure how I feel about CoD Ghosts.I've had it for 12 days but I've been playing Call of Duty for 3 years.I really enjoyed the game the first week but then it was all up and downs.Campers everywhere sitting in the corners,or sniper with thermal scopes.Haven't completed the campaign yet but for now it's just good.Extinction sucks in my opinion.Nothing breathtaking in the whole game
    Campaign:7/10
    Extiction:3/10
    Squads:7/10
    Multiplayer:7/10
  34. Jan 3, 2014
    Terrible game.
    -Story is simply just a WTF.
    -Online: slow at many points

Call of duty is not listening to the players and they are to busy trying to recapture the Modern Warfare 1 and 2 era when over 1,000,000 people would be on. 2 weeks after buying I only saw around 150,000 players on.

Call of duty is now beginning to head the Medal of honor route
  35. Feb 2, 2014
    At the moment this game is not boding well. I have a common bug which means that when you download the game, this blue bar comes up and says 'please wait'. This happens between the first campaign mission and the second and squads, multiplayer and extinction mode all have this. This game might be pretty decent, but it is very disappointing, that from the company that brought me ModernAt the moment this game is not boding well. I have a common bug which means that when you download the game, this blue bar comes up and says 'please wait'. This happens between the first campaign mission and the second and squads, multiplayer and extinction mode all have this. This game might be pretty decent, but it is very disappointing, that from the company that brought me Modern Warfare, it can only deliver this. Expand
  36. Jun 11, 2014
    We'll... You want to know what I think... You **** it up!

The Good It's got a competitive clan v clan mode. The campaign is a bit crap but playable. The character customisation is nice. It's hard to say what's good about this. The Bad This game has **** up in some many ways... The map design is piss poor and needs to be fixed. Everyone uses the same guns in the MP. Same class to.
    We'll... You want to know what I think... You **** it up!

The Good

The Bad
    This game has **** up in some many ways... The map design is piss poor and needs to be fixed. Everyone uses the same guns in the MP. Same class to. Talk about desperate the is horse **** compared to cod 4. There is not much variety in the maps they are all dull and grey as ass. H... How is this being given 8s and 9s out of ten. It's crap. I can't take it. Activison is the new LJN. I give up. Call Of Duty should be dead.

Score 35/100
  37. Mar 24, 2014
    The user reviews hit the nail on the head. Another example of lazy, unimaginative game development. It's like they poured a bunch of junk onto a table, picked up some pieces and scraps that were in usable condition, put them all together and came up with Call Of Duty Ghosts.
  38. Jul 12, 2014
    Sadly They made another call of duty, without taking in mind anything people have to say about it. I started playing call of duty, when it was how it was supposed to be, World War 2, But instead they made it modern. I got used to The modern warfare series, but now its really bad. call of duty ghosts has almost nothing new. with similar aspects of all the past games, but nothing new. Don'tSadly They made another call of duty, without taking in mind anything people have to say about it. I started playing call of duty, when it was how it was supposed to be, World War 2, But instead they made it modern. I got used to The modern warfare series, but now its really bad. call of duty ghosts has almost nothing new. with similar aspects of all the past games, but nothing new. Don't Believe the critics, And don't Believe the Commercials call of duty has gone to waste Expand
  39. Sep 9, 2014
    Same ole same ole game, nothing new to see here. Maps still way to small, offers nothing new. I think this franchise days are numbered! Couch zombie point and shot...yawn! I have purchase all COD games, but never again. Graphics are upgraded on PS4, but series has become boring!
  40. Nov 8, 2014
    Coming from a long time cod fan (finest hour PS2) this games just sucks it really just does the campaign was good Multiplayer was just awful extinction was ok. The lag in this game was unbearable. The character customization was decent, in my opinion there were only 4 good guns Ripper, Vector, Ak12 and the USR. And the worst part of this game was the camper this game made so many campingComing from a long time cod fan (finest hour PS2) this games just sucks it really just does the campaign was good Multiplayer was just awful extinction was ok. The lag in this game was unbearable. The character customization was decent, in my opinion there were only 4 good guns Ripper, Vector, Ak12 and the USR. And the worst part of this game was the camper this game made so many camping spots. I recommend to not buy or rent this game it just sucks. Expand
  41. Aug 28, 2015
    This is the worst call of duty i've ever played, and i've player nearly all of them.
    This game is way too bad to use all of the 5000 characters available, so i'll cut a long story short:
    CONS -This game has less color than The Waling Dead comic -This game has provided me with some beautiful FPS drops...on a PS4...with 6 players on a server...when nothing is happening. -The maps are

CONS
    -This game has less color than The Waling Dead comic
    -The maps are so terrible that even MW3 can't beat that (I'm looking at you, Freefall)
    -The maps are bigger than Donald Trump's ego (i'm looking at you, Stonehaven)
    -I mean seriously, this game has the biggest maps in COD History, yet you can only play with 11 other players.
    -Extremely bad weapons (players only use 2 or 3 weapons per category, the other 4-5 are left forgotten)
    -Graphics so dull and grey that everything is blending with the enviroment. Campers delight.
    -IEDs are even worse than claymores
    -IMS' are ever worse than the MW3 equivalent
    -Poor NPCs AI
    -Extremely boring singleplayer
    -Extremely idiotic ending with a cliffhanger
    -Ghillie suits... because you can always upgrade from "being barely visible" to "being completely invisible"
    - There are way to many camp spots on "insert any cod ghosts map name here"
    -It's worse than MW3
    -PDW is even more underpowered than the Executioner from BO2
    -Overpowered weapons. Example? A semi auto suppressed sniper rifle that 1-hit kills from the waist up,
    -Rorke is EFFING INVINCIBLE.
    -Menendez > Rorke
    -Mason > Logan
    -35 perks. THIRTY-FIVE PERKS. THIRTY-FIVE CRA*PY PERKS.
    -Black Ops Magnum > Ghosts magnum
    -$2.50 for a cat themed weapon camo.
    -Snoop dogg as the speaker. Smoke B everyday.
    -Much, much more

PROS
    -Honey Badger is cool
    -Good weapons sounds. Now they are more like BAM BAM BAM than PRR PRR PRR
    -It's easy to delete
  42. May 23, 2016
    This game is well, pointless. It looks nice, it's not boring, but it's so much similar to previous games, Black ops has its zombies and MW is competitive, but this just doesn't really do anything. its a generic campaign, multiplayer, and zombies wanna-be. There's no point to buying it over the superior Black Ops 2
  43. Feb 22, 2017
    I have been playing video games for as long as I can remember, starting off with Fight Night, Saints Row, and Crash Nitro Kart on the PlayStation 2. Over time, I got new consoles, games and a better perspective and willingness to try new games. My all-time favorite types of video games are first-person shooters and horror games. And Call Of Duty promised all of that, with their amazingI have been playing video games for as long as I can remember, starting off with Fight Night, Saints Row, and Crash Nitro Kart on the PlayStation 2. Over time, I got new consoles, games and a better perspective and willingness to try new games. My all-time favorite types of video games are first-person shooters and horror games. And Call Of Duty promised all of that, with their amazing maps, and their Zombie Mode, which was introduced in Call Of Duty: World at War (it was originally known as Nazi Zombies). The games have always and forever been a staple in my collection, and I play them religiously. And when they announced Call Of Duty: Ghosts, got so excited. They promised more maps, better gameplay and to introduce aliens to the game. I was so excited and spent my $60 on the game. The second I started playing, it seemed a little off to me, and these are the reasons as to why:
    First, the maps are way too big. I do appreciate the detail that was put into the designing of the actual maps, a lot of them are huge, and they all limit you to six players. That cuts actual gameplay time down and all you’re doing is walking around for ten minutes before you get sniped from some guy in the castle tower.
    The lag is also a big problem. Someone can be shooting at you for 5 minutes and you don’t die until way after, you die even though someone shot at a spot that’s you aren’t even at or close to, and the pixelation and graphics aren’t the best at all.
    And finally, it needs more variety. After World at War, all of the games became way to similar, and everything was expected not to change, which it didn’t. Yes, I love Ripley the German Shepherd, he was a great addition to the CoD family, but when I buy a new game, I expect something different than its predecessor.
    I will always love the Call Of Duty franchise, but Ghosts isn’t one that I’d recommend.
  44. Mar 29, 2017
    Worst COD I've ever played it wanted to be like MW2 but not even close the game didn't feel right and the gameplay didn't feel good at all the maps in the multiplayer was totally garbage.
    The extensions Plus mode was literally not god at all,only thing that was good was the Campaign it Had good story,and the character was good.
  45. Feb 10, 2014
    no es posible que un juego, que ya va como en su novena edicion, y que su jugabilidad se concentra en el multiplayer online (la campaña deja mucho que desear) tenga un lag tan asqueroso que lo hace injugable. una perdida de dinero... se encuentra juntando polvo al lado de la ps4.
  46. Jun 8, 2014
    Singleplayer was really short, it shows off the same graphical engine as 2007.
    Even with a console coming up that tear, the future call of duty was still focused on using the same engine, for 7 years.

i'm done with buying call of duty games, unless all my friends recommend me to play it.

Make a new engine to revive the dying franchise.
    the score i will give this game is a 3/10
  47. Dec 30, 2013
    Unfortunately Call of Duty/Activision/Infinity Ward has failed to produce a game worthy of the next gen hardware. Multiplayer is slow and clunky, gone are the days of fast paced fun. Most of the maps are great for hiding and waiting or sniping from a perch, the thrill of the game is gone. I was not hoping for much, it is Call of Duty, but to waste $60 on this game is a slap in the faceUnfortunately Call of Duty/Activision/Infinity Ward has failed to produce a game worthy of the next gen hardware. Multiplayer is slow and clunky, gone are the days of fast paced fun. Most of the maps are great for hiding and waiting or sniping from a perch, the thrill of the game is gone. I was not hoping for much, it is Call of Duty, but to waste $60 on this game is a slap in the face of Killzone:Shadowfall, which is a much better game. Killzone:Shadowfall was built for the PS4, looks gorgeous, has an interesting campaign, and the multiplayer is fast paced. Activision really needs to look at the formula and retool what is not working, which at this rate is the entire design of the game. Expand
  48. Nov 6, 2013
    The sad truth is, Call of Duty campaigns and its general gameplay has lacked meaningful innovation for quite a long time. This entry is no different. While they have introduced Squads (which is, I admit, a very intriguing mode to try out), don't expect any daring attempt at innovation. In the end, this is yet another blatant money grab for our pockets, whilst "playing it safe" byThe sad truth is, Call of Duty campaigns and its general gameplay has lacked meaningful innovation for quite a long time. This entry is no different. While they have introduced Squads (which is, I admit, a very intriguing mode to try out), don't expect any daring attempt at innovation. In the end, this is yet another blatant money grab for our pockets, whilst "playing it safe" by staying to the "tried and true" Call of Duty formula.

As for the graphics...they are about what you would expect for a Call of Duty title. Had I not known it was a new engine, I would never have guessed, as the graphics look quite dated when matched against other recently released games.

The Story for the single player campaign also was quite unengaging, sticking close to all of the Call of Duty cliches. There was no exciting or unpredictable twists, no real attempt by the writers to get me to connect with the characters in the story. In fact, about halfway through the campaign, I realized that I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, or even what would happen in the larger scope of the war that was going on. It was a huge disconnect, and In short, it was quite boring.

As always, multiplayer is interesting, though again, do not expect any surprises. They make some changes, sure, but not large enough changes to really change the formulaic call of duty approach. Thus, if you've played multiplayer on call of duty at any time over the last 3 or 4 years, you can consider yourself to have pretty much experienced this year's rendition of it as well.

Because of the lack of MEANINGFUL innovation in its campaign or multiplayer, its lack of an engaging story, its lack of engaging characters, and its lack of graphical innovation, I have given this game a score of 2 out of 10. Call of Duty needs to break new ground. Innovate!
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    This game is perfect, perfect for showing us what's wrong with game criticism!
    Critics are way to easily paid of by these big companies to give a higher score then they would have, i mean just look at the difference between the actual score and the score that critics give!

Please stop being sell outs and take back honesty in gaming!
    Also this game is even bad for being another COD.
  50. Mar 25, 2014
    Why?Another one? When are they gonna stop? Questions people ask when a game franchise is so burned out that there are no good words to you or questions to ask. Gave it a 2 because the game was still graphically nice even though it was a port over.
  51. Nov 7, 2013
    good game, but the stuttering is too high! and in low specs there is a severals bugs like a box lights and some... unplayable.
    in multiplayer you can play with a russian people!!! (isnt racist but they are too far from here and the lag is too high for this!)
  52. Nov 16, 2013
    Sadly this is the worst Call of Duty I've played. The campaign has slight glimmers of innovation but it all gets lost among the blandness of the same tired gameplay the series has been relying on for years. The graphics aren't even that great. Call of Duty: Ghost's "next gen" graphics are Battlefield 4's previous gen graphics.

But let's face it. Most people aren't buying Call of Duty

But let's face it. Most people aren't buying Call of Duty for the story anymore anyway. So let's talk about multiplayer.

Bland. Incredibly bland. The main draw of the Call of Duty multiplayer was the rewarding progression system. Ghosts throws that completely out of the window. Now all you need to do is earn enough "Squad Points" and you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want aside from perks. The series hit a high note in Black Ops 2's weapon levelling and attachment unlock system that constantly had you looking forward to something. Kill enough people with your weapon and it levelled up, unlocking a new attachment. You could even prestige it to earn more xp by levelling it up and slap your clan tag and emblem on there. You had to get headshots for camo and even complete some small challenges for some of the camo. In Ghosts you earn the Squad Points, you can have whatever weapon you want, attachment you want, camo you want.

I guess the main draw they were hoping for was character customization. Basic, at best. You get a very slim choice of options off the start and need to unlock more options by completing challenges in the form of "Operations". You might not even have the Operation you need to complete in order to unlock what you want. I guess having a full list of challenges was too overwhelming for some players, at least that seems to be Infinity Ward's thinking.

Sadly Infinity Ward has taken a franchise that, in my opinion, peaked in Modern Warfare 2, showed signs of new life in Black Ops 2, then dumbed it down to a level so basic that even playing the game doesn't feel rewarding.

I'm returning my copy because I can get full price back for it. Even the friends who convinced me to buy it even though I wasn't going to are returning theirs.

Take a few years off Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch etc. Come back with a true next gen title on a new engine and blow us away like you did with Call of Duty 4. Or see yourself buried under Battlefield's growing popularity.
  53. Nov 6, 2013
    rinse and repeat vol. 3000 so rinse and repeat the ending cut scene is identical to the final cut scene in mw2. how do the devs sleep at night especially with the bait and switch practices on the steam page. there is more depth in a childs swimming pool
  54. Jan 26, 2014
    Just when I thought Call of Duty could make a come back. With the surprisingly great Black Ops 2 I seemed promising. Then Call of Duty Ghosts came along and it's terrible. Everything in this game is boring. It's the most stereotypical Call of Duty of the series. Worthless and boring campaign, the same multiplayer with slight tweaks and variations and extinction is fun but gets boringJust when I thought Call of Duty could make a come back. With the surprisingly great Black Ops 2 I seemed promising. Then Call of Duty Ghosts came along and it's terrible. Everything in this game is boring. It's the most stereotypical Call of Duty of the series. Worthless and boring campaign, the same multiplayer with slight tweaks and variations and extinction is fun but gets boring very quickly. This is by far the worst in the series. I would recommend waiting to see what Black Ops 3 (I'm assuming) has in store DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!! Expand
  55. Nov 8, 2013
    The dog was the greatest innovation of this game, the destruction on the maps, and the maps that were too small were a bit larger. Other than this, no differences
  56. Nov 24, 2013
    This is coming from a COD fan that started playing the franchise when it was still in the WWII era. Everyone knows COD 4 MW started the FPS era.

Unfortunately if you have played any game from COD 4 up to BO 2, then this is much of the same with incremental updates. Graphics: This game looks like it belongs on the PS3 compared to it's rivals Killzone Shadow Fall and Battlefield.

Graphics: This game looks like it belongs on the PS3 compared to it's rivals Killzone Shadow Fall and Battlefield. Instead of making a new engine, which costs money and Activision can easily afford, incrememntal updates where done to let you slid and peak around corners.

Gameplay: See above. It's basically the same thing as any other COD. Considering its 6 on 6, some of the maps are excessively big for this low amount of players. This game should be renamed "Camp of Duty". Activision needs to get rid of the rank system so kids can stop caring about their K/D ratio and play for the good of the team. If you like a quick game with a very player friendly aim assist, this game is for you.

I honestly wanted to like this game alot considering Infinity Ward is the better of the studios that make this franchise, however the whole system needs a refresh. Get rid of the killstreaks and this game would be no longer filled with campers every corner.
  57. Dec 30, 2013
    Even though i do not like the call of duty franchise, i can't deny that the franchise has had some good titles. Unfortunately this is not one of them. First of all the story just sticks to the old call of duty cliches, but the gameplay in the story mode is even worse, as in it's basically the same gameplay as before, and just looks slightly different.

The game is not varied at all, and

The game is not varied at all, and once again tries to make a desperate attempt to rape our wallets because the developers are to lazy to make any new games and don't like the idea of a game franchise from years ago getting stale .

The graphics are the same as modern warfare 3 and the ending of the story, while I wont spoil it, is a huge slap in the face. The multiplayer, once again, is a rehash of the last game's multiplayer. The spawning is horrendous, and there are barley any innovations in the multiplayer to make it any different from the last game. The biggest problem is that this is starting to become the normal in games as in just rehashing the last game, or a different games. A very poor "effort".
  58. May 18, 2015
    A hilariously pathetic, short and bland experience with a story so laughable I cracked up near the end. I cannot describe how awful this game is, not only as a game, but as an addition to the Call of Duty franchise. Constant framerate and general performance issues often hinder the already awful experience. Try harder, Infinity Ward.
  59. Dec 29, 2013
    This game came out the door hacked. It is the worst game I have ever played for the money. I have witness some off the wall stupid playing before but this game was to have eliminated this type of play with its dedicated servers and its outstanding graphic. I actually witness a kid playing a site (GoDynasty) invisible, another bragging to a friend online about his aimbot. I've paid goodThis game came out the door hacked. It is the worst game I have ever played for the money. I have witness some off the wall stupid playing before but this game was to have eliminated this type of play with its dedicated servers and its outstanding graphic. I actually witness a kid playing a site (GoDynasty) invisible, another bragging to a friend online about his aimbot. I've paid good money to enjoy the game in its original form. I am also tired of these parents who use the game as a babysitting tool, enough! Why should I pay over $100 to listen to some brat crying about how he can't get the game to work right! Get the hacker, aimbot and the babies out of the game and maybe one day it will be worth it even for this low budget game. Expand
  60. Jan 13, 2014
    I've played every Call Of Duty game up to this point and Ghost is not an improvement. If you are a true COD fan,then stick to Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 2. Those two games are much funner to play,especially with others. Also, if you have played ANY of the last two Battlefield games you definitely will feel that there are elements of Battlefield copied and used on Ghost. Trust me when II've played every Call Of Duty game up to this point and Ghost is not an improvement. If you are a true COD fan,then stick to Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 2. Those two games are much funner to play,especially with others. Also, if you have played ANY of the last two Battlefield games you definitely will feel that there are elements of Battlefield copied and used on Ghost. Trust me when I say don't buy this. Go buy the new Klllzone: Shadows Fall!! Much better game. Expand
  61. Jan 17, 2014
    Based on online multiplayer only...Giving this a 2 only because it could be so great but once again its blackops 2 and mw3 revamped. All the promises of no quick scoping, dedicated servers is all rubbish I see no difference what so ever. Hit markers miles off, you can kill easy and do amazing only to go in another lobby and not stand a chance. I could go on forever how bad this game is,Based on online multiplayer only...Giving this a 2 only because it could be so great but once again its blackops 2 and mw3 revamped. All the promises of no quick scoping, dedicated servers is all rubbish I see no difference what so ever. Hit markers miles off, you can kill easy and do amazing only to go in another lobby and not stand a chance. I could go on forever how bad this game is, I'll just make sure I rent the next game later this year instead of buying year after year and being let down. Black ops 1 and world at war still had the same issues but they were my top 2 in the series Expand
  62. Feb 13, 2014
    campaing mode scenario is a little bit good, but multiplayer is so bad this time. maps so larger and very few player can play same server. graphics are same as mw2. i played campaing mode and i played multiplayer only one time. so i sell this game 2 week later. sorry my bad english.
  63. Feb 26, 2014
    Worst COD game I've ever played. I regret buying this and this will probably be my last COD game I ever buy.

You die with 1 bullet so it's basically if you get spotted, you have no chance to live.

Maps are also horrible.
  64. Jun 11, 2014
    Why ismy kd at blops 2 3.1 but in ghost its a 1.40 ? Cause this game is god awful if you like running an smg and ripping through flesh quickly you will hate this game you die in one bullet and the maps and spawns make no sense whatsoever this game is so utterly geared towards campers its amazing in a disgusting way you are allowed to sit in your spawn with an lmg and get 6 kills with easeWhy ismy kd at blops 2 3.1 but in ghost its a 1.40 ? Cause this game is god awful if you like running an smg and ripping through flesh quickly you will hate this game you die in one bullet and the maps and spawns make no sense whatsoever this game is so utterly geared towards campers its amazing in a disgusting way you are allowed to sit in your spawn with an lmg and get 6 kills with ease on some maps with any decent party you can set up and if you aim down sight all game you cannot loose bottom line is infinity ward is saying no rushers and yes to campers and **** off to snipers 3/10 and thats being generous Expand
  65. Aug 18, 2014
    Probably the worst ending of any game I've played in the past decade second only to Mass Effect 3's slap in the face. Save yourself the aggravation and skip it.
  66. Nov 11, 2015
    This was the first game from CoD franchise I've bought, and while I generally enjoy shooters, this title was pretty abysmal. First I played through campaign to get the feeling, but it was really short. I understand you don't buy these games for the campaign, but you could at least try. I burned it through in like 8 hours or so. Multiplayer is underwhelming in pretty much every way, and theThis was the first game from CoD franchise I've bought, and while I generally enjoy shooters, this title was pretty abysmal. First I played through campaign to get the feeling, but it was really short. I understand you don't buy these games for the campaign, but you could at least try. I burned it through in like 8 hours or so. Multiplayer is underwhelming in pretty much every way, and the added grindfest is more annoying than rewarding. Maybe I'll leave this franchise to others and stick with Destiny. Expand
  67. Jun 13, 2016
    Do not like this game really badly designed not a huge fan of the campaign, the multiplayer is OK but most people tend to be annoying on the multiplayer mode, i have asked multiple regular call of duty players and out of the 15 people I asked only about 2 said it was OK.
    13/15 people do not like this game.
    I would not really recommend the game, i would stick with black ops and modern warfare.
  68. Feb 12, 2014
    I thought this would have been better on the PS4 but clearly its a copy and paste of the PS3 version. Same crap different console. I would avoid getting this game, even with the £10 upgrade from the PS3 version, its still not worth the money.

Avoid this game.
  69. Sep 7, 2014
    Meh. Nothing really great. The multiplayer is okay, but too many freezes and too long of delay in the gaming lobby means you could wait around 10 mins for a game only to freeze upon playing. Bit of joy-kill. Also seems there has been a massive drop in the number of people who play this online. I've been playing these titles since CoD 3. But this is my last one.
  70. Nov 23, 2013
    This has to be the worst call of duty game ever made first the maps are to big the gun on gun is broken it seems like it takes 10 bullets to kill but you get killed. with one ,the graphics are same as 8 years ago the kills streaks are garbage really disappointed with this game don't waste your money on this game:(
  71. Feb 9, 2014
    Why IW? Why are you making absolutely terrible COD's? Let's start out with the story. I'm not going to be anywhere specific with this, so hold on. First, you are in space firing bullets. That makes sense. Then, you get back to the ground, meeting terrible voice acting and motion sickening controls, and head bobbing. I literally felt dizzy after 10 minutes. Blah, Blah, Blah, shooty shootWhy IW? Why are you making absolutely terrible COD's? Let's start out with the story. I'm not going to be anywhere specific with this, so hold on. First, you are in space firing bullets. That makes sense. Then, you get back to the ground, meeting terrible voice acting and motion sickening controls, and head bobbing. I literally felt dizzy after 10 minutes. Blah, Blah, Blah, shooty shoot shoot, explosions..... Cutscene and then next level. Story line: Absolutely terrible. Like any new COD. Multiplayer: Buggy as **** Laggy and server delays EVERYWHERE. The community is filled with 10 year olds screaming and freaking out over getting on the killcam. Long story short, I sold the game to a pawn shop. Expand
  72. Dec 18, 2013
    Despite the story involving cartoonishly black and white good and evil forces being as dumb as you could expect the campaign is actually fun. The most entertaining COD campaign since the original Modern Warfare. You move from one exciting well designed scenario to the next at a good pace. The game is mostly thrills until the bland tank mission straight out of 2005 towards the end. EvenDespite the story involving cartoonishly black and white good and evil forces being as dumb as you could expect the campaign is actually fun. The most entertaining COD campaign since the original Modern Warfare. You move from one exciting well designed scenario to the next at a good pace. The game is mostly thrills until the bland tank mission straight out of 2005 towards the end. Even so, story campaigns aren't the main draw of COD. Ghosts MP is easily the worst COD MP and up until now I've been a staunch defender of the series.

Minor changes and additions have been made. Like vaulting animation over obstacles, leaning around corners has been brought back even though it's contextual and clunky, you've got a wider range of customization options, your avatar now slides if going prone from sprint. However, despite the graphical upgrade for next gen platforms gunplay still feels like last gen especially when put up against Battlefield 4.

By itself that's not a big deal but there are other design and technical issues that drag this game down. The biggest of which is the map design. It's horrible... really, the din is no exaggeration. In recent CODs (and even Battlefield) there has been a noticeable push towards rat maze like maps with lots of sharp corners and entry ways. This is intentionally designed to make it difficult for skilled players to be able to efficiently clear a room upon entering and to increase randomness to increase the chances novices get easy random kills. Ghosts takes this to another level. The maps are the most massive and convoluted I've seen in a commercial FPS. The also have way too much visual noise with litter and various back ground objects clutter screen space. This greatly encourages camping. COD is known for camping noobs but this is the first time where it seems like every single player in the lobby camps and it's the only valid playing style.

The mess doesn't stop at the awful maps. The game often suffers from stuttering issues (albiet not as bad post patches) and maps take longer than ever to load. Which is surprising after BO2's brisk loading speed. This is especially a problem when the game puts you right back in the lobby you just left because of horrible lag compensation. Yep, after four games they still can't figure this out. The first two weeks it played well but after a recent Double XP weekend it's back to the same old half a second behind bull**** and desynchronised enemy player models, hit boxes, and aim assist boxes.

Squads mode is probably the concession to players on the bad end of lag comp. It gives you a cropped MP experience with any mixture of AI and human opponents. Problem is, in an effort to keep MP legitimate (something they failed to do by design), you can't unlock customizables or do challenges and that's where most of the xp comes from. Bigger problem still is you can only have 6 opponents at a time and these maps are really horrible for only six opponents as you can run around for minutes only to get sniped by some AI through a bush you couldn't see through a mile away. Best option option you're left with if you want the MP experience is to go into Local/Private match and turn up the amount of bots you can play against and hike up the difficulty. Your mileage with this will vary as everything is unlocked in those modes.

Only thing left is Extinction mode. Where once you unlock sentry guns and match up with others who have as well you can easily blast through the only scenario available in about an hour. Beyond that there's no reason to go back.

Ghosts is an appropriate name. This game is an apparition of a once great franchise. Some of the fundamentals of that golden era remain but they've tarnished with age and are bogged down with confused and awful design and technical issues. It's decent as a rental for the campaign but the competition has options that are similar to what COD is known for and for the first time does it much better.
  73. Nov 24, 2013
    Can not tell you how bad this game is, its graphics are Not Next-Ge even thought it is on PS4. Boring and short campaign and mediocre multiplayer that adds little compared to any other COD. The voice acting is "Okay" as in worse than it has ever been and facial animations aren't great but not too bad. Game play is still boring and short, cluster of fire fights then end mission rinse repeatCan not tell you how bad this game is, its graphics are Not Next-Ge even thought it is on PS4. Boring and short campaign and mediocre multiplayer that adds little compared to any other COD. The voice acting is "Okay" as in worse than it has ever been and facial animations aren't great but not too bad. Game play is still boring and short, cluster of fire fights then end mission rinse repeat until game is over. Expand
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    If you play any Call of Duty, you've played GHOSTS. Don't believe the marketing hype, this is the same product rebundled let it die and show investors we're not interested in being sold the same product year after year, the cash cow needs to starve. terrible game.
  75. Nov 6, 2013
    Been a CoD for since CoD2 (not MW2). This game has a decent campaign however the Multi....horrible. Maps promote camping way too much, the create a class system is horrible. I do like the variations in perks and such but why does EVERYTHING cost to unlock?!. I never was much for the treyarch games but this makes BO2 look amazing. Graphics are great but mutli (which we play it for) failsBeen a CoD for since CoD2 (not MW2). This game has a decent campaign however the Multi....horrible. Maps promote camping way too much, the create a class system is horrible. I do like the variations in perks and such but why does EVERYTHING cost to unlock?!. I never was much for the treyarch games but this makes BO2 look amazing. Graphics are great but mutli (which we play it for) fails beyond belief. Expand
  76. Nov 17, 2013
    This game completely runis the franchise. I WAS a CoD player. Since Ghosts I will wait for months b4 buying this I bought the game on Steam and it has tons os issues, like FRAME DROPS that don't let you play. I have a great rig and that runs BF3 on ULTRA Settings and BF4 on High to Ultra settings but this ****ty Ghosts can't run!! It drives me crazy. I know much people agree with me, youThis game completely runis the franchise. I WAS a CoD player. Since Ghosts I will wait for months b4 buying this I bought the game on Steam and it has tons os issues, like FRAME DROPS that don't let you play. I have a great rig and that runs BF3 on ULTRA Settings and BF4 on High to Ultra settings but this ****ty Ghosts can't run!! It drives me crazy. I know much people agree with me, you just have a few reviews. Camping spots, huge maps, less players.... I just cant play this anymore. BF4, welcome. Expand
  77. Nov 28, 2013
    I have been playing COD since the original for the PC way back when, and honestly i liked it a lot better then. There were no perks no "pick ten", no fancy mods. Now the mods are cool don't get me wrong, but when you unlock them you have to purchase them with coins or w/e you earn from leveling. Why? idk. It kills the experience for me. The game looks good. Thats about the only pro i canI have been playing COD since the original for the PC way back when, and honestly i liked it a lot better then. There were no perks no "pick ten", no fancy mods. Now the mods are cool don't get me wrong, but when you unlock them you have to purchase them with coins or w/e you earn from leveling. Why? idk. It kills the experience for me. The game looks good. Thats about the only pro i can give it. Its just another generic shooter. If you've played COD before than you've played Ghosts. I say skip this one. Expand
  78. Nov 23, 2013
    1. Activision completely gave up on the storyline. It can be beaten in 2-3 hours tops. You use the dog like twice in the first two missions and that is it. And somehow they try to make a storyline where the impoverished countries of South America can actually have a chance of beating the USA in a war...? I don't know.. they tried.. they really did.

2. GREATLY LOWERED HEALTH OF

2. GREATLY LOWERED HEALTH OF MULTIPLAYER CHARACTER. MEANING:
    A) You do not need any skill to get a kill anymore. You can seriously just put a laser sight on any gun and never have to press down aim once and you can kill anyone.
    B) Because of this 95% of players are now hardcore campers meaning SMGs are pretty much obsolete as are pretty much any chance you have of exploring and learning the maps. All you ever need to know now is your favorite corner to sit in. And worse yet, the maps are all gigantic and even if everyone did rush it would take you a while to actually find an opponent unless you're playing ground war.

3. To prove the fact that they have created a game to spawn a generation of campers, they added a class of weapons SPECIFICALLY for camping. Basically semi-auto snipers that are way overpowered with awesome scopes like red dot and holograph.. Yup..

4. THEY TOOK OUT DEMOLITION FROM MULTIPLAYER... I REPEAT.. THEY. TOOK. OUT. DEMOLITION.

5. This game will give Battlefield players bragging rights for a full 1-2 years.. so shy away from any Battlefield players.

6. It takes twice as long to rank up in multiplayer now.

7. The characters in the character creation screen are all hideous (besides the ghillie suit outfit.. again stressing that point of hardcore camping).

8. If you have ever played zombies on Black Ops or World at War and enjoyed it and then play Extinction on ghosts.. you will vomit out of pure disgust.

So far I have been playing this game for 6 hours (not including the storyline) just hoping something in me would trigger and I would love this game but it has not.. I spent $200 on the prestige edition of this because it never crossed my mind that a company could utterly destroy such a beautiful gaming franchise such as this.... The only good thing about this game is the Infected game mode.. Which is why I gave it a 1 rating instead of 0. I never thought I would ever have anything bad to say about Call of Duty.. I was wrong.. This could possibly be one of the worst games I have ever played and that is not an exaggeration by the least bit. Please fellow Call of Duty fans.. Let us band together and stop playing this garbage and becoming camper-fodder. Let us show the Call of Duty executives we want that Call of Duty we played on World at War.. or Modern Warfare 2.. or any Call of Duty besides this one We are stuck in this hellish prison until the next installment of Call of Duty.. God save us

P.S. Fellow Playstation 4 players. If you ordered the Season Pass for Call of Duty ghosts and are hoping to also receive the Team Leader Pack that comes along with it.. think again Many players have not gotten it and Activision support pretty much does not exist.
  79. Dec 3, 2013
    I've always loved the Call of Duty series and over the last few years I've appreciated the atypical attention to detail and polish that other 1st person shooter brands sometimes lack. Ghosts is the stark exception.

Even with the new patches, the PC version is buggy and unplayable. Some of the pitfalls include (but certainly not limited to) the fixed and sickening 65 degrees field of view which makes me sick after 5 minutes, poor GPU memory management resulting in often failed texture pop-in which makes the game look like its from the 90s, and stuttering frame rates (even on my Nvidia titan driven machine). It's pretty clear that the PC version just wasn't finished.

Then the campaign storyline... Past call of duty titles have always felt like an entertaining summer blockbuster rather than a cheap airport thrill novel. Where the quality of the moment to moment action lets you overlook the sometimes confusing and convoluted story. This time however, the story is just horrible. I feel like I'm being forced to feel some sort of connection to the doggy companion, but instead any sequence of events involving it just seem like an annoying hindrance.

It's not that I had overly high expectations for Ghosts and I was therefore left disappointed... I came into Ghosts with a fairly open mind and a with little predilection. The reality is that I could never have foreseen that a call of duty game could be so bad.
  80. Jan 1, 2014
    I have never left a review for a game. But I felt as if this was necessary so others don't blow 64$ on a terrible game. The maps are unorganized, the rate in which you die is even more terrible, on top of the dated graphics which are more troublesome than game play. I have been a pretty damn good and competitive COD player since COD red one. I feel as if I am forced to camp in orderI have never left a review for a game. But I felt as if this was necessary so others don't blow 64$ on a terrible game. The maps are unorganized, the rate in which you die is even more terrible, on top of the dated graphics which are more troublesome than game play. I have been a pretty damn good and competitive COD player since COD red one. I feel as if I am forced to camp in order to go positive in K/D. Campaigns in COD have bored me for years. I lea e the campaigns for when the internet goes down. I purchased ghosts and a day later I traded this game in. I chose to buy Ghosts after some frustration with Battlefield 4 not being able to destroy opponents and carry a team. But this was the biggest mistake ever the call of duty train is coming to a screeching halt this year... Expand
  81. Mar 31, 2014
    Lets be honest, ITS A WASH AND REPEAT!!!!! even black ops II was pushing it for me, i would rather be shot in the foot than play this game. so its a big fat noooooooo from me
  82. Jan 21, 2014
    I was excited for this game, it was the first one I got for PS4. It was a mistake. The games are so slow paced and the spawns are as bad as ever. The game may have done well, but certain features like the guard dog killstreak and overpowering lag compensation allowing bullets to hit you when you are already around the corner from them ruins it. Also, the way people play the game, justI was excited for this game, it was the first one I got for PS4. It was a mistake. The games are so slow paced and the spawns are as bad as ever. The game may have done well, but certain features like the guard dog killstreak and overpowering lag compensation allowing bullets to hit you when you are already around the corner from them ruins it. Also, the way people play the game, just camping to try to get a K.E.M. strike is the worst part. Infected is the only mode I get enjoyment from. It really is a shame. I suggest BF4 over this. Expand
  83. Jan 26, 2014
    God, freaking, awful. I'll take constant server crashes on BF4 instead of this. And I play BF4 on last gen, and played this on my PS4! This is analogous to lemon juice and razor blades in the eyeballs. The campaign was so easy that I could use the knife the whole time and never die,the multiplayer is atrocious(considering that the people who play CoD play it for the multiplayer), andGod, freaking, awful. I'll take constant server crashes on BF4 instead of this. And I play BF4 on last gen, and played this on my PS4! This is analogous to lemon juice and razor blades in the eyeballs. The campaign was so easy that I could use the knife the whole time and never die,the multiplayer is atrocious(considering that the people who play CoD play it for the multiplayer), and extinction is pointless considering that Zombies from BO2 perfected horde mode. Squads? What, did Survival mode and Kill Confirmed have a drunken one night stand? What the hell happened, Infinity Ward? I can't complain enough. There are currently 572 negative reviews, and consider this one the 573. Oh, and do you know what you did right, Activision? You have finally figured out how to kill off a yearly cash cow. Good job. You have one point. Expand
  84. Feb 7, 2014
    The game feels like COD always feels. I want them to come up with a new and fresh game, but it's not happened since MW2 and BO. I took this game back after having it for just 6 days. Because this game was hacked day 1, I give it a rating of 1
  85. Mar 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can I say about this dissapointing piece of garbage? The campaign did not felt like it was something new and it was way too short. It is acutally always the same. Kill a few soldiers grab the bad guy, maybe a prologue or something like that and BAM, it is done.

Now the multiplayer. Oh god, what the actual f*ck have they done?! The lag is as bad as it was in Black Ops 2. Infinity Ward, Activision, you promised us dedicated servers. Where are they!? On last-gen and current-gen it still uses the sh*tty host system. Killstreaks are really, really, really useless. And the Guard Dog is way too OP. I mean like, it can kill you from 15 feet away! And the Support Streaks, why are those still in the game, and they are even worse then in Modern Warfare 3! They have really f*cked up the Specialist Package. In Modern Warfare 3, it was just perfect, nothing wrong with it, but in Ghosts, it is useless! Perks are the only positive thing about it.

And Extinction, what the f*ck?! Activision, do you try to let Zombies fans (from the Call of Dutys made y Treyarch) buy Ghosts?! It is hust a copy of it, but then with aliens, and I just do not like it...

And now I will come to one of the importnant things of this review: The graphics:

Sigh, it still runs on the IW Engine, really outdated. Maybe with extra lightning and high-resolution textures on the PS4/Xbox One/PC, but that does not let it look like a true next-generation Call of Duty. So, Sledgehammer, please use a new engine! You have a YEAR EXTRA TIME!

But it is not a Call of Duty without overpriced DLC. Onslaught is now available, but i am not gonna buy it. I do not even want to spend 50 dollard on the Season Pass, because it is not woth the money!

So, after playing this Call of Duty, I realised that the franchise is going to die. They get worse each year. So, Activision, I wonder how much money you will suck in in the future with Call of Duty...
  86. Mar 5, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghost is just a copy and paste game, literally! There is a cut scene in the beginning of this game where it is the exactly the same as the ending to Modern Warfare 2. Very bad first impression to this but I still gave it a chance, I shouldn't have. The story to this game was so boring I had to stop at one point to read a book to get a decent story. I was also playing on theCall of Duty: Ghost is just a copy and paste game, literally! There is a cut scene in the beginning of this game where it is the exactly the same as the ending to Modern Warfare 2. Very bad first impression to this but I still gave it a chance, I shouldn't have. The story to this game was so boring I had to stop at one point to read a book to get a decent story. I was also playing on the hardest difficulty which has to be most easiest game I have ever played, all you have to do is aim remotely close to someone and you kill them. What a joke! I played current Super Mario games that where harder than this! I couldn't even finish the campaign in this game because it was so awful. Also the "amazing" fish AI that they were so happily boasting about is broken. The fish hardly move out of the way and if you shoot them blood comes out but they don't die. Just wow Infinity Ward just wow, old Nintendo 64 games like Super Mario 64 have better fish AI then this game has.

Now lets talk about the multiplayer. Just two words, it sucks. It's basically like every Call of Duty, find one gun that is overpowered, pick all the overpowered perks, and camp. No balance at all! Most fps at least try to balance their guns and classes but in Ghost, the Honey badger (yes that's the actually name of the gun) is so overpowered that you would be stupid not to pick it. Lmg's, smg's, shotguns, and snipers are so under-powered to that gun at any distances. It make it so anyone can play this game, no skills required! Also if you want a full UAV now, you and someone else need to plant ground UVA's or whatever it's called at the same time. I would understand this if the ground UVA's weren't so easy to spot and destroy. All you have to do is shot it once or knife and it's done.

In short, don't get this game. If you need a fps fix get Battlefield 4 or any other shooter than this unbalance game.
  87. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is copy and paste in a nutshell nothing is fun they freaking milked ghost from mw2 they probably wanted to trow a ghost game out cause everyone loved ghost as a character don't forget the Multiplayer is broken SMG's are broken AR's are Overpowered and why add squads i only need ONE PERSON to care about and you can now customize your character!! the developers were high when theyThis game is copy and paste in a nutshell nothing is fun they freaking milked ghost from mw2 they probably wanted to trow a ghost game out cause everyone loved ghost as a character don't forget the Multiplayer is broken SMG's are broken AR's are Overpowered and why add squads i only need ONE PERSON to care about and you can now customize your character!! the developers were high when they thought of this i bet they made every character in a FPS game look the way you want that's cool be cause that's exactly what we need and if you spend around 1.99 you can get captain price with 1 camo and 1 recticle cause you know character customization is important in A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER and now the best part of the game EXTINCTION they added aliens are you for real? they add aliens because survival wasn't good enough games like GTA 5 have survival and why add a story into a FPS game when everyone will switch to multiplayer after its done for the trophy/achievements to boost their trophylevel/GS people say on xbox/PC have better graphics does that really matter anymore graphics when in a FPS are you going to say "hey that tree looks realistic" because in reality your going to be running across that battlefield shooting at enemies this game is poor on any system GTA may not come onto next gen but i will still play it singleplayer or multiplayer Expand
  88. Jun 21, 2014
    Pros:
    +Engaging action-packed single player campaign

Cons:
    -Boring Multiplayer
    -Uninnovative
    -Tiny maps

This game was just downright horrible. If want to have with a multiplayer FPS play Battlefield 4.
  89. Sep 18, 2014
    This game takes everything the series has been for years, takes all of those ideas, and throws all of the good, innovative ideas the previous games had and throws them out of the window. This game is a money grab, with just a slight graphical improvement from the previous games. Sadly, these graphical improvements don't provide any benefits, as you'll probably get killed from across theThis game takes everything the series has been for years, takes all of those ideas, and throws all of the good, innovative ideas the previous games had and throws them out of the window. This game is a money grab, with just a slight graphical improvement from the previous games. Sadly, these graphical improvements don't provide any benefits, as you'll probably get killed from across the map by snipers upon spawning so you won't get any time to admire them. Expand
  90. Jun 18, 2015
    Oyunun hikaye modu fena değil, multiplayer berbat ,extinction sıkıcı kısaca oyun rezalet adamım ! Gerçekten bir call of duty hayranıysanız alabilirsiniz ama değilseniz black ops 3 çıkacak onu alın .
  91. Nov 17, 2013
    I don't know what kind of kool-aid those professional reviewers are drinking or those planted user reviews but this game is total garbage,you would think they would have fix the re-spawns but they are exactly the same,spawning someone from another team right behind you every single time you re-spawn.Why even put cranked in their with 6 vs 6 on those huge maps,finding someone before youI don't know what kind of kool-aid those professional reviewers are drinking or those planted user reviews but this game is total garbage,you would think they would have fix the re-spawns but they are exactly the same,spawning someone from another team right behind you every single time you re-spawn.Why even put cranked in their with 6 vs 6 on those huge maps,finding someone before you explode is a pain.Hard to believe ign gave these game a 8.8 that score is laughable.Folks from someone who tried to gave next-gen cod a chance they is really nothing to see here, same trashy game play different console you'd better of picking up battlefield 4 or killzone shadowfall. Expand
  92. Nov 18, 2013
    Garbage. I will be trading this game in. It is more of the same, and it is getting so old. Nothing about it is interesting, innovative, or fun. The online issues still persist, there is glitching, hit detection is all over the place.

I have not had so little fun playing a game in a long time. Get Killzone or Battlefield instead.
  93. Nov 6, 2013
    bsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player runningbsolutely disappointing game. The campaign was a total joke that lasted half as long as the previous campaigns in the other call of duty games (I beat the game in 3 hours, really????) To make matters worse, the ending was horrible and was a "cliffhanger" that I expected the moment I started playing the game. Multiplayer is ridiculous, the maps are enormous and leaves the player running around searching for enemies instead of playing the game. And I thought Call of Duty could sink no lower... Expand
  94. Jun 5, 2015
    Totally unmemorable game all round. As with every COD, the scam is that more experienced players get the best equipment leaving new players to struggle.
  95. Nov 21, 2013
    I went out and purchased call of duty ghosts in the hope of it being something different than the previous four games. Man was I wrong, it is exactly the same mediocre rehash of Call of Duty 4 like the last four entries into this series. It has "new" maps for multiplayer that they cut and pasted some terrain and building from previous games just so they can save some time, even theI went out and purchased call of duty ghosts in the hope of it being something different than the previous four games. Man was I wrong, it is exactly the same mediocre rehash of Call of Duty 4 like the last four entries into this series. It has "new" maps for multiplayer that they cut and pasted some terrain and building from previous games just so they can save some time, even the campaign has some noticeable cut and pasting going. The guns are unbalanced, 50% of the players camp everywhere, the game is a complete joke. The campaign is about 5 hours long and is not very entertaining at all mainly because of the half baked voice overs. Needless to say I am now forever giving up on Call of Duty. Activision get you together and make an actually good Call of Duty for once! Expand
  96. Dec 28, 2013
    I thought that maybe the 7th generation edition of COD: Ghosts was rushed and the 8th/next generation edition would be an improvement. I was never more wrong. Ghosts for the PS4 is complete and utter crap.
    This next-gen title still has the same terrible and tiny michael bay-esque campaign. The same horrific graphics and textures that FPSs like Battlefield 4, Killzone: SF, and even Blacklight: Retribution (A f*****g free to play game) blow out of the water. I can go as far as to say that every COD game since MW2 has had better graphics than this next-gen game.
    The servers are horrific and the community for this game is horrible as well. All I see are people camping and using either a sniper rifle or the MSBS assault rifle, the most overpowered gun I've ever seen in a video game.
    Also, Infinity Ward said that there would be much more customization in this game than ever before. That was also a complete lie. The only thing you can customize is your sex. All the squad characters you can choose are pre made and they all look very similar, other than their sex.
    Finally, the maps are the worst I've ever seen in a COD game. Every COD game has an iconic map that everyone loves to play on, whether it be the Terminal or Rust in MW2, Nuketown in BO, the Dome in MW3, and even Hijacked in BO2. This game has no memorable maps and, even worse, the maps are enormous (which kills the fun of COD for almost everybody except the elitists) and repetitive.
    Everything in this game is complete sh*t and this game is Call of Duty's (or at the very least Infinity Ward's) last hurrah. This game is a complete abomination to the FPS genre and is immediately getting sold by me and probably many more. Activision needs to kill Call of Duty and work on other projects, like Destiny.
  97. Nov 19, 2013
    I can give this game a 0 without even trying it, you know why?

Because every Call of Duty game is the same game. It's just new skins/level designs/etc all thrown into the same game engine.

Do yourself a favor and stop supporting this horrendous franchise.
  98. Dec 4, 2013
    MW2 is the best cod and it always will be. Why they couldn't have map packed that instead of rehashing the same old awful crap...

I think the best way to sum it up is:

****
  99. Nov 8, 2013
    This is not a "trolling", really the game is horrible. Typical(pcnoob) game. If you are really hardcore gamer(ps3(the last of us, uncharted, cod of war)) don't play this piece of... "masterpiece".
  100. Jul 4, 2014
    Call of Duty. A franchise who's only intention is to make themselves as rich as possible and make you as poor as possible. A franchise which prioritizes money over fan satisfaction, every single time. They could of quite easily changed the game from top to bottom with the amount of money they get, they could of not released it annually, but oh no, that's too risky for them. If you buy anyCall of Duty. A franchise who's only intention is to make themselves as rich as possible and make you as poor as possible. A franchise which prioritizes money over fan satisfaction, every single time. They could of quite easily changed the game from top to bottom with the amount of money they get, they could of not released it annually, but oh no, that's too risky for them. If you buy any more Call of Duty titles shame on you. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 10, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t treading any new ground, but the single player campaign is still a memorable one. But with each installment it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about Call of Duty’s multiplayer. Refining the same ideas over and over again is no longer enough, the multiplayer is in dire need of a complete re-design. [Nov 2013]
  2. Playing into the new generation, Ghosts gains a new edge with DualShock 4 and beautiful graphics.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Call of Duty is a series that is oftentimes criticized for making the same game year after year, which is of course totally true and Ghosts is no exception. It even feels like a step back. The campaign is devoid of anything interesting and even the online part feels uninspired. It’s not a bad game by any means but it’s like its predecessors, only worse.