• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Apr 29, 2014
  • Also On: PC
4.8

1. May 1, 2014
    This has got to be one of the worst horror game I have ever played. It actually seems like it is a demo of an unfinished product to be honest. Kept hearing about this game since the next gen consoles arrived and this game is a huge pile of crap, a total disappointment. Avoid at all costs.
  2. May 1, 2014
    Not scary and boring,long loading times.... Outlast is a better game albeit I didn't find outlast very scary either.... I suggest waiting for The Evil Within , I have a very good feeling about that game. If you are thirsty for horror games and do not care abut graphics, I suggest you go back and play Silent Hill 1-3 or Resident Evil 1-3.....Amnesia is pretty good too..... I hope survival horror games make a comeback, but with lackluster titles as "Daylight" we still have a long way to go... I am glade to see more horror games coming out but this one I can not recommend. I didn't like Outlast either but a lot of other people seem to like it so I suggest trying that game out before buying this one, and if you do not like Outlast then you probably wont like this one either... Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    I really thought this would be creepy and good..well it's not guys pass on this one. hard to see at times with flashlight. IF U compared this to other scary game this is at bottom...
  4. May 1, 2014
    Boooooring....
    The scares are boring
    Leveldesign is boring
    Graphics are ps2 quality and....boring
    Loadingtimes are superlong and makes me bored.
    Was hoping on another survival horror after the fantastic outlast, but in this game the only thing i need to survive is boredom. Guess i'll have to wait for alien isolation then.
  5. May 9, 2014
    Ok, where to start. I was looking forward to this for a while it looked good and so sat down and was ready for a outlast type ride. Well. Its not that, not by a mile. Its repetitve, boring, irritating, poorly made, and so crap i havent even finnished it. Dont waste your money, try the new out last dlc its way way better.
  6. dpc
    Jun 3, 2014
    Whether or not a game is $10 or inexpensive should not justify a boring experience. If this was free, it would still be just as tedious and lacking in scares or a reason to continue. Outlast may have had its own problems, but overall is a much, much better game and more worthy of your money. I went back to view a video of one of Daylight's producers talking about how great this was going to be before it was released. He deserves an Oscar (or jail sentence) for his completely devoid of truth performance. PS - I wish I had my 10 bucks back. Expand
  7. Jul 21, 2014
    I have to say with all the hype around this game it was one of the few releases for the PS4 i was looking forward to buying. In all honesty it had a good idea with randomly generated levels so that the playing experience, but after much fumbling around in the dark and getting lost a few times you go through your characters dialog fairly quickly. any time she talked it sounded more and more like a broken answering machine than anything else. In the way of horror genres you can do much better than Daylight Expand

1. An interesting concept, but the game's lack of control over the scares removes any possible creeping horror. [July 2014, p.92]
  2. Jun 21, 2014
    Daylight is an utter mess of a game that never manages to build atmosphere or scare the player. Add in an atrocious script and voice acting and you have a game to avoid. [Issue#245, p.62]
  3. Daylight wants to scare the pants off of you, but stumbles with the basics instead. Just play Outlast. [July 2014, p83]