6.4

1. Jul 30, 2015
    DC Universe online is a open world mmo that allows you to choose a variety of powers that have no effect on how you play the game at all! You will see alot of awfully made satire Marvel characters that are just too sad to look at in the DC world. There are way to many f u c k i n g deadpool fanboys that are praying to Stan Lee for a Marvel Universe online, like get the h e ll out of hereDC Universe online is a open world mmo that allows you to choose a variety of powers that have no effect on how you play the game at all! You will see alot of awfully made satire Marvel characters that are just too sad to look at in the DC world. There are way to many f u c k i n g deadpool fanboys that are praying to Stan Lee for a Marvel Universe online, like get the h e ll out of here no one even likes deadpool, all he does is sprout stupid sly remarks only a 12 year old would find funny, or older people with mental and personality disorders but Stan Lee knew he would have to cater to those fans too. Thus deadpool was born. God d am n it sorry i got off track. Anyway you get to choose between a hero or a villian. Ony the sociopathic teens would choose villians because their mom doesnt let them listen to their heavy metal in the house. After choosing the hero side you get to choose a mentor which only contributes to the move sets you get. Theirs wonderwoman, batman and superman. which ever one you choose sends you to their city of protection. This is where all the other stupid looking characters are. You will get to do quests that normally f u c k up and repeats the same g o d d a m n dialogue over and over. "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." "Your hacking skills are good lex, but not good enough." Anyway the game is kinda stupid and really boring as you get to fight f u c k i n g apes and other stupid s h i t. The characters look like an 8 year old child with major downsyndrome colored onto a napkin and gave it to the developers. With scarecrow looking like he frequents children's birthday parties. I am just sick of this game's s h i t. I cringe whenever someone asks to play it. The voice acting budget had atleast $39 to it's name. Martian Man Hunter makes my d i c k stand up and barks. The word is low res and not interesting to explore. You can only fly so fast, it'll make you want to make a new character and do the same stupid intro level again. In the end though you realized that someone on the dev team got raped in the butt by a DC employee and got really salty and tried to make the worst game with their name on it ever. And that my friends is exactly what they did. Thanks for the pepperoni pizza-yours truly-lex Expand
  2. Aug 2, 2015
    really? this is a game is still out in 2015? **** to win game i just wanna kill my self every time i see this interface...zero graphics zero classes zero everything. have fun.
  3. May 11, 2014
    This game annoys me. The heroes/villains that are created can act about 4 different ways, giving them no definitive character. The combat is repetitive and there is no fun in buying new weapons. They all look stupid, as does the armour. Missions are as follows:
    Go somewhere
    Fight 10-25 enemies the same way Steal/administer something Put something somwhere Fight a crappy boss I
    Go somewhere
    Fight 10-25 enemies the same way
    Steal/administer something
    Put something somwhere
    Fight a crappy boss
    I dislike this game. It could have been so much better.
  4. Sep 11, 2014
    The leveling process is the most fun, which can be done in one day. All end game content is boring, repetitive, and way too easy. Every dlc is a testament to unrealized potential.

The community (including the current SOE community manager for dcuo) is even worse than the actual game. The community manager revels in threatening posters on the forums. If they make a complaint about something, he threatens to make it worse. He used the words "be careful what you wish for" while twisting the words of a poster. Google "dcuo forum the current prestige cap isn't going to work" the green name on the third page of the thread to see the way he manages the community he was hired to manage. "Be careful what you wish for..." and he made good on that threat, the very next game update addressed the issue at hand in the most sadistic way imaginable.

The devs used to know what they were doing, but recently they've been adding boring and monotonous game mechanics that cater to three-year-olds and then the devs (especially the current creative director) openly insult their customers in the game's forums. Every week they make a new decision that is a deal breaker for people who used to be fanboys of the game.

If you start playing it and you enjoy it, it will be a completely different game within a year. If you decide to pick it up and you love the game, the question in the back of your head should be: How long until they introduce my deal breaker to the game? Because players that were at one point the biggest supporters and fanboys of this game are now leaving en masse (I used to love this game and said many times I'd be playing this game till the servers shutdown). Right now the universally decided most obnoxious fanboy for this game is fuming about the most recent changes, other forumites are trolling him reminding him of how he previously always said the devs are always right, and telling him he could never make good on his threat to quit the game because he has previously proclaimed that his league is like family and he loves them. Will they lose that prominent fanboy? Only time will tell, but this one is definitely gone.

Check out the dcuo forums and I can almost guarantee you'll see long time players begging the devs not to introduce some bull crud mechanic that will destroy the fun of the game.

The game is buggy and you disconnect a lot, but for a longtime I convinced myself that all games will be buggy and glitchy and kick me out from time to time, it's the willful decisions that the devs make to dumb down the game and their constant underestimation of their players' intelligence and skill that got me to quit playing what was my favorite game for two years.
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    This game is garbage, It has some good ideas yes but executes them poorly. The graphics are rubbish and thats a compliment. The gam play is boring and repetitive, after you leave the first part of the game and exit the police station. When you fight the weird monkeys on the beach, you will agree with what Im saying. After you fight these, you've literally seen the combat system in theThis game is garbage, It has some good ideas yes but executes them poorly. The graphics are rubbish and thats a compliment. The gam play is boring and repetitive, after you leave the first part of the game and exit the police station. When you fight the weird monkeys on the beach, you will agree with what Im saying. After you fight these, you've literally seen the combat system in the whole game. Same few enemies throughout the game and its just as bad as a Spider Man movie game. I think the games powers, well ok the flight mode is kind of cool. Give it half an hour and that gets boring too. All your going to do with flight, Is fly on top of a building and fly around before you get bored. I wanted to be able to use this power by grabbing someone and throwing them off a building or flying through a building or something. Basically DC Universe in a nutshell is killing bad graphical enemies, that are repetitive, story is lousy, and overall I would say save your hard drive space. Even if you have a spare 480GB Save the space, You never know what it could come in use for. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2016
    Ok so let me be straight honest if you want a brawler style mmo this will be for you as you can do all your moves via combos. PvP is fun but not properly scaled when I say this lvl 10 Vs lvl 30's that are super geared. Now for the end game content....

I hate this game when it comes to endgame content and the fact you can only hold 2000$ unless your a member and don't plan on buying stuff off the Broker as everything is easily 20k-7mil which is retarded.
    Everything is locked behind a paywall a game thats free to play and forces you to get a membership to play there content is NOT a F2P game. I hate that 8 player dgns aka raids reset after a month not after a week.I also hate the dgn system running in a dgn with 4 dps is so terrible cause all the dying and etc and you rip aggro 24/7 if your group sucks and you are good making you spend more money for repairs potions and etc. Oh did I also say a terrible community ran by a ton of teens or kids. None are supportive whatsoever even though I'm always top damage in my group with my Hardlight combo. Just seeing chat where peeps ask for help and instead the ones asking for help get insulted.

I only enjoyed this game due to customization and sheer boredom make sure you play with the HUD/Ui either hidden or transparent through options other wise it will BURN your tv screen and its a **** to fix because how stagnant it is.

I'd give this game a much higher score it really deserves one but the hidden paywall you find out about at max lvl.if you are wanting to have more spending money to venture off to buy other things such as Auras via Broker. Take it from me get a month of membership and then cancel it to make sure its something you want to make use of that stupid dlc everything costs $$ theres a thing called Escrow when your spending funds hit cap which is 2k unless you have a membership all your money goes into your Escrow aka bank that you can not have access to unless your a member then it adds to your wallet so get membership at 30 if you do get it.

Ignore the positive ratings for this Pay to enjoy game there is about 6-8 powers to choose from and rest are locked behind a pay wall unless your a member. I mean you can't even access majority of the end game content about 85% of it is locked unless your a member or buy each DLC separately which is a waste because you'll end up spending more money. Take it from me skip this game and play Onigiri or Warframe on the Ps4.
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    The premise of the game seems fun you get to be a superhero or villian but the missions are repetitive and boring and it seems like a slow grindfest to level up.
  8. Sep 17, 2014
    Horrible Game

Game Trailers were so Cool but I have downloaded the game and Graphic sucks for next generation .....
    I dont know why , but it seems that we get a lot of superhero games with poor Game Playss.

WHY DC ? WHY MARVEL ?
  9. Nel
    Jan 11, 2017
    Very messy game. Free to download, and a lot of stuff to pay for if you wish to enjoy it properly. The game works like an MMO kinda, and it is very repetitive.
  10. Aug 7, 2016
    Here is the TRUTH OK, this game is bad. I am talking, Superman 64, Aquaman 64 , E.T. bad. The only single redeeming "quality" is the top notch voice acting. And that's only good thing about this game. This game belongs , in the very same place they dug up those E.T. cartridges in desert. This game should have never, been conceived period. As a matter of fact , this game gives anything DCHere is the TRUTH OK, this game is bad. I am talking, Superman 64, Aquaman 64 , E.T. bad. The only single redeeming "quality" is the top notch voice acting. And that's only good thing about this game. This game belongs , in the very same place they dug up those E.T. cartridges in desert. This game should have never, been conceived period. As a matter of fact , this game gives anything DC Comics related? A permanent "black eye" this also explains why the new 52 came and went, and ultimately failed. I wouldn't wish this game , on my worst enemy? Check that, actually I would. The worst thing is that you could ever do, is download and play this game. It's a complete and utter , waste of time. And that's the TRUTH! Expand
  11. Jun 10, 2017
    If you plan on playing this game now the best way is to play it as a premium member. Legendary memberships have almost completely lost all value and the devs don't seem to care. Speaking of the devs they are completely out of touch with the players which leads to ridiculous problems that could have easily been avoided.

Time Capsules and Replay Badges are their big money makers. The

Time Capsules and Replay Badges are their big money makers. The marketplace hasn't been updated in forever, PvP is a joke with flavor of the month powers ruling all. There's no need to level since you can just skip the whole story and end game is mainly running the same two raids over (this is where Replay Badges come into play) and over hoping that RNGeebus smiles down upon you.

If really wanna play this game go premium and only buy the episodes you want that way you don't waste $15 on episodes you probably wont even touch. DC went from a fun game to a game that feels more like a job so if you want a game that feels like a job that you pay to work at then this is the game for you.

I went premium 8 months ago and will soon be leaving once Stormblood goes live. By the way this is coming from a DC Universe Online beta player. Moneygrabs are this games present and future. Stay away and save your money.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    If you mooch for free off only one MMO this year, make it this one. [February 2014, p78]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 26, 2014
    Artistically it's a bit gaudy. [Feb 2014, p.87]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    DC Universe Online is a title in its own way unique, not only because it is now one of the few MMORPGs available on consoles, but also because it is perhaps the only exponent of the superhero genre to have discrete character.