7.1

1. Mar 4, 2014
    It follows about the same formula as Housemarque's previous and present games, so if you enjoyed any Super Stardusts or Resogun then you'll find plenty here. They've added the DLC from the previous game, which does add on to the game. Plus when you're live streaming, you viewers can decide certain things in the game in real time, which is great as well. Other than that, this is the EXACTIt follows about the same formula as Housemarque's previous and present games, so if you enjoyed any Super Stardusts or Resogun then you'll find plenty here. They've added the DLC from the previous game, which does add on to the game. Plus when you're live streaming, you viewers can decide certain things in the game in real time, which is great as well. Other than that, this is the EXACT SAME game with a slightly better color palette and slightly upgraded visuals. You're so far away from the screen that you hardly notice any upgrades to any textures. But, it is free, and is still pretty fun. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2014
    I was excited when this became available on the PS4. I had heard great things about it and was eager to try it out. Being a zombie fanatic, I immediately looked for similarities between my favorite zombie games.

The checkpoints are a nice relief when you're getting bombarded by zombies and I found myself running towards them to escape. I used the recommended brightness settings initial and had to up my brightness to avoid not seeing zombies or why I was suddenly taking damage. Overall it's a great game, especially for free (for the time being).
  3. May 12, 2014
    Excellent top down shooter. Great layers on the gameplay. I have played its successor (Resogun) and loved the way that every detail matters and creates the balance of the gameplay.

It has its spikes in difficulty and probably you won't recognize which level is which. Also, sometimes it's hard to see where your character is with all that is happening on screen. Excellent action,

Excellent action, excellent coop that relies much on tactics as it is on skill. Hardcore stuff, this one surprised me.
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    The game is pretty fun, the controls took me a little while to get used to but if you are a completionist like my self you're gonna have a hard time the game is hard as hell on the hardest difficulty but well worth it
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is a little bit overrated because it's free. It's fun for a little bit, but the gameplay gets stale. It's just too slow. There's lots there to play, though, if you really do like it. Personally, after a mission or two it feels like a chore to keep playing, and among the other titles in my library, I only feel like playing it once a week.

What I really like about this game

What I really like about this game isn't its gameplay, it's the huge amount of stat tracking and community involvement and leaderboards.
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    Great game, but would have liked to see more improvements over the PS3 version. The best experience is reached when played with a friend, online or locally.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    The original game is pretty fun. But this " Apocalypse Edition " has absolutely nothing new. So,Sure,this is a nice game,but this PS4 re-release is pointless.
  8. Dec 4, 2014
    Dead Nation can most accurately be described as Left 4 Dead as a twin-stick shooter (even most of the enemy types are the same!) - although it certainly isn't as fun as Valve's excellent game.

It does nothing that hasn't been seen plenty of times before going right back to Smash TV in the late 80's/early 90's and zombies themselves have also been done to death (pun intended) of course. It is a good looking game in comparison to similar titles however and played local co-op with a family member it was a pretty enjoyable, if rather repetitive, experience.

If you can pick it up cheap and have someone to play it with its worth giving a go.
  9. Apr 27, 2014
    Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition is the console version of Dead Trigger in iOS, only from a third-person perspective. I didn't like this game too much. I don't find it fun, the streaming options are way complicated, and while the framerate is excellent, there is way too much stuff at the screen at once to know what is happening. Guess that if you have PS+ and get it for free, there's noDead Nation: Apocalypse Edition is the console version of Dead Trigger in iOS, only from a third-person perspective. I didn't like this game too much. I don't find it fun, the streaming options are way complicated, and while the framerate is excellent, there is way too much stuff at the screen at once to know what is happening. Guess that if you have PS+ and get it for free, there's no much to loose. If you pay for this game, then you're just bananas. Expand
  10. Apr 24, 2014
    Muy bueno, Excelente coop. Una mejora de graficas, imagenes y sonido de la version de ps3. Obviamente un coop de 4 jugadores hubiese sido mejor. Si no lo pudiste tener gratis en un buen buy, Todos los bugs q tenia al principio los arreglaron.
  11. May 31, 2014
    I'm not really a fan of these games so my review is biased but this game was STUPID. Not a bad game graphically or game-play wise by any matter... but the story and art style are horrendous. It looks just bland and uninteresting, not appealing at all. As for story... its on par with Minecraft. There really is no story, but there can be if you create one yourself. I can see the appeal to aI'm not really a fan of these games so my review is biased but this game was STUPID. Not a bad game graphically or game-play wise by any matter... but the story and art style are horrendous. It looks just bland and uninteresting, not appealing at all. As for story... its on par with Minecraft. There really is no story, but there can be if you create one yourself. I can see the appeal to a different demographic but find this game impossible to play. Expand
  12. Sep 8, 2014
    A pretty good shooter with decent upgrades. this was enjoyable to play and even slightly challenging but i feel that the game needs something a little more to really succeed.
  13. Mar 29, 2015
    I like this game. Whats wrong with this game? Not much 4 a video game.I paid $1.65 for this game. That makes it even better. Its gauntlet with guns. U want gauntlet with guns? Heres gauntlet with guns. If you can get it for $1.65 add 158 points to this score.
  14. Apr 24, 2015
    You can like it, or you can hate it, it's a matter of taste. Don't ever buy this game without checking some gameplay videos.
    A cool feature is the score by country, if you like to play this game, you can give score for your country, Belgium is not so bad graded by the way !
    There are no differences with the PS3 version, at least, nothing big. And the apocalypse edition is a little plus where you can play an originally DLC-mode.

I had it for free with my PS+ subscribing.
  15. May 25, 2014
    Für, ne gelegentliche Runde im Koop ist es ganz nett. Trotzdem nix dolles und eher mittelmäßig. Wer auf Zombies und isometrischer Perspektive steht, kann ruhig zugreifen.
  16. Nel
    Jan 11, 2017
    Semi fun stick shooter. It has several levels, and feels good to play. However, game is riddled with bugs, and it has several weapons, and explosive you can play with
  17. Mar 8, 2017
    A good game for the PS4. Very fun top down twin stick shooter that can be enjoyed with friends via multi player. It's well worth an investment for zombie fans.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    As the Dead Nation moves from PS3 to PS4, only little has changed. The textures are a notch sharper and there's a new game mode, that demonstrates the streaming capabilities of the PS4, but other than that, the game is the same four year-olds old top-down zombie shooter. It's still a solid shooter, but nowadays the zombies are literally EVERYWHERE. [Apr 2014]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Apr 27, 2014
    Is (currently) free, looks better, and you can now be messed with by stream-watching gamers. What's not to love? [May 2014, p76]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 27, 2014
    Dead Nation's plot is as substantial as a slice of Bernard Matthews turkey ham. [May 2014, p.86]