8.0

1. Oct 11, 2017
    Beautiful looking game. Its major problem is how easy it is. The music, the graphics and actual combat are fantastic and on the money but that desired sense of dread just ain't there. It is epic and not at the same time. Yes, I can hike up the difficulty but for me normal is how the games should be played and difficulty should be adjusted accordingly. Gorgeous game all the same.
  2. Oct 10, 2017
    I really tried to like this because I liked the original one long ago. But how much can you like a game in which you can't die even on the hardest level. It's almost like this game is made to be the next game kids play after Minecraft. It becomes incredibly repetitive very fast. Also the voice acing is terrible.
  3. Oct 8, 2017
    A bit late but I have finally played it. Diablo 3 is a solid hack-slashed game but not as good as Diablo 2. It run well on PS4. Game mechanic is still fun as always. Storyline is good too. The major problem is the difficulty that is SUPER EASY if compared to Diablo 2 or 1. I played as Barbarian and I wrecked everything in my path like breeze. On normal mode, I never died, no boss can putA bit late but I have finally played it. Diablo 3 is a solid hack-slashed game but not as good as Diablo 2. It run well on PS4. Game mechanic is still fun as always. Storyline is good too. The major problem is the difficulty that is SUPER EASY if compared to Diablo 2 or 1. I played as Barbarian and I wrecked everything in my path like breeze. On normal mode, I never died, no boss can put up a good fight with me. The fight always ended in 3-10 sec. Only the final boss can endure my attack a bit longer than that but still no challenge. If not because I wanted to know the story, I would have quit halfway . I started a second playthough with Wizard on hard mode, it felt better this time but still easy. Diablo 3 ditched out many good mechanics from Diablo 2, such as NO UP SKILL and STAT, no health potion (Drinking potion becomes a skill that has cool down.) No mana potion eithter (it regenerate itself), free town portal and identifying scroll (so what's the point of identification then ?). There are a lot of tools for you too use. Very few AI companions (only 3 from story and 2 are guys), no hiring system anymore.

The game is still fun nonetheless, that is why I give it 8/10. I suggest start playing with hard difficulty if you want some little challenges.
  4. Sep 21, 2017
    Buying the game within Latin America, we can't choose to play the game in English. Congrats Blizzard, what a wonderful choice you made there. .
  5. Sep 9, 2017
    REVIEW BASED ON
    > Completed all the chapters of the story
    COMMENT A truly fun game by developer Blizzard. Vast and with unprecedented replayability. PROS + The characters and their personality + The huge replayability + The immense Adventure Mode + The near infinite coop possibilities CONS - Are the hardest difficulties inhuman? I wondered so. But in the end, it's Diablo we
    REVIEW BASED ON
    > Completed all the chapters of the story

PROS
    + The characters and their personality
    + The huge replayability
    + The immense Adventure Mode
    + The near infinite coop possibilities

CONS
    - Are the hardest difficulties inhuman? I wondered so. But in the end, it's Diablo we are talking about
  6. Jul 15, 2017
    Buena... pero lejos esta de ser lo que fue Diablo.. entretiene.. pero no atrapa como sus antecesores.., skills desproporcionadas, facil, y solo cuestion de mantener un bonton, lejos esta de hacer alguna estretagia o mantener la cautela, con ir a lo loco se hace facil, Bosses que son mas faciles que enemigos comunes.. en fin, si hubiera llevado otro nombre hubiera sido muy bueno
  7. Jul 12, 2017
    good game, with a good variety of gear, with a lot of upgrades, a god number of spells per class and all that personalization which the RPG-fans loves. Nice detail in scenarios and monsters, but doesn't reach the level of addiction that bliizard has accustomed us, but it's not that far to get there. Still good game to play solo or multiplayer, and well elaborated classes.
  8. Jun 2, 2017
    Far too easy. I played as a barbarian, and in the entire 5 acts, I died less than 10 times, and I ended up beating the game on Hardcore II difficulty. Most of the same stuff I enjoyed about previous Diablo games, it just makes it too simple for the player, which eliminates the strategy aspect. No limit on town portals, too many health regeneration buffs and abilities, losing almost nothingFar too easy. I played as a barbarian, and in the entire 5 acts, I died less than 10 times, and I ended up beating the game on Hardcore II difficulty. Most of the same stuff I enjoyed about previous Diablo games, it just makes it too simple for the player, which eliminates the strategy aspect. No limit on town portals, too many health regeneration buffs and abilities, losing almost nothing when you die, and too frequently finding great items are some of the more major flaws. Another big problem is that it only lets you increase the difficulty to a certain point before you complete Act 4. So, I wasn't able to make the game any harder until I was nearly done with it. Expand
  9. May 27, 2017
    I will describe Diablo III in three words: pointless dungeon crawler. I was a big fan of Diablo 1 and 2 but this?! This is a big disappointment. I can't believe that Blizzard is calling this a Diablo game. Awful job. If you enjoy shallow story, repetitive hack'n'slash and lots of loot, then this game is for you. If you have IQ higher than room temperature then avoid this piece of s***.I will describe Diablo III in three words: pointless dungeon crawler. I was a big fan of Diablo 1 and 2 but this?! This is a big disappointment. I can't believe that Blizzard is calling this a Diablo game. Awful job. If you enjoy shallow story, repetitive hack'n'slash and lots of loot, then this game is for you. If you have IQ higher than room temperature then avoid this piece of s***. You've been warned. Expand
  10. May 2, 2017
    I loved Diablo 1 and 2 growing up. I couldn't wait for the remastered ps4 version to come out and when I did it was the first game I got. I've been playing it consistently since the day it released and it still continues to entertain me.

Blizzard has given this game a LOT of updates over the years and they finally took care of some of the issues with hacked gear in public servers which plagued the console version since its release, and while hacked gear isn't entirely gone it's been reduced significantly.

They finally released Seasons now also so it gives you a reason to level up a new character each season so if you pass a level 70 Greater Rift you get the seasonal rewards which is pretty awesome. It's no easy task passing a level 70 Greater Rift, let me tell you. I have a 600 paragon non seasonal softcore fire wizard that still has trouble doing level 70 GR's. I like the incentive though.

The upper ceiling for this game is basically unreachable. They make so many new changes to the gear that a build you have now might be irrelevant in three patches once something better comes out. The constant drive to push just one more greater rift level through new gear with better stat rolls or new paragon levels is what keeps you playing for the long term. Some might get bored, but for me, it's a perfect game to kill an hour on.
  11. Apr 28, 2017
    Hmm, brought it on pc on it's release. I was disappointed... after how much i liked diablo 2. Anyway.. after reading reviews and costing only 20Euros on psn , i gave it a try on ps4. (Just sold a couple of games cause they were boring to me and couldn't resist playing more that 2-3 hours: gta v, witcher 3 and metal gear solid V. Not that these games are not good, but i played so manyHmm, brought it on pc on it's release. I was disappointed... after how much i liked diablo 2. Anyway.. after reading reviews and costing only 20Euros on psn , i gave it a try on ps4. (Just sold a couple of games cause they were boring to me and couldn't resist playing more that 2-3 hours: gta v, witcher 3 and metal gear solid V. Not that these games are not good, but i played so many similar games in the past.) Anyway.. this game is like it's been made to be played on ps4. I like it a lot in this formula with a big screen. Expand
  12. Apr 25, 2017
    Extremely boring, repetitive button tapping game. Not challenging in the slightest, so disappointed after reading so many positive reviews. Can't believe people are able to enjoy it.
  13. Mar 30, 2017
    Really good game with too many complexity for a rpg. Too many hours to play and great gameplay. Maybe the graphics not are the best ones, but they are acceptable.
  14. Mar 25, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Instant classic the combat is much visceral compare to it's older titles.I'll the game had a rocky start but now it's amazing the loot drops better the class system is great and each is unique and has it's own strength and weakness's. Overall a must have for any fan of RPG's Action RPG's to this day I still play it it's one of those games where you can put it in and play and they are still making content for it. Expand
  15. Mar 14, 2017
    I'm a fan of Diablo 2. I passed Diablo 2 at all levels of difficulty when I was in school. I was struck by the atmosphere of the dark Middle Ages in the first act. The second act plunged me into the movies of the forties about Sinbad. In the third act, I felt like a medieval Indiana Jones. The fourth act took me to the mysterious Tibet. The developers managed to achieve this effect withI'm a fan of Diablo 2. I passed Diablo 2 at all levels of difficulty when I was in school. I was struck by the atmosphere of the dark Middle Ages in the first act. The second act plunged me into the movies of the forties about Sinbad. In the third act, I felt like a medieval Indiana Jones. The fourth act took me to the mysterious Tibet. The developers managed to achieve this effect with realistic stylistics, beautiful symphonic music and attentiveness to the quests.
    So I was disappointed when I played in Diablo 3. If they did the same thing, just using the new graphics technology, it would be better. But they very much simplified the gameplay and took away all your freedom.
    Maps have become corridor, now you do not decide where to go (I did not like it yet in the Titan Quest).
    You can use only those weapons and armor that suit your class. Therefore in the game there are only rudiments of role-playing game.
    Almost all the objects heal you, and the potions become endless. Therefore, you are ineligible. Even at a high level of complexity, mobs gain more health, but they remain weak. Therefore, play quickly bored. The only challenge that you throw the game - it's boredom.
    Also the game is very much lost in its own style. The graphics are absolutely unrealistic, the shells are endless. Their size is larger than the main character. Diablo 3 is more like a DotA than on Diablo 2.
    The plot could not catch me. It was very simple before. But now you just do not care what the NPS say. You read the text, but after a couple of minutes you forget which quest you're performing. But it is not important. Because you still just need to escape and kill boring mobs.
    I liked the customization of the armor. Very pleased with the cooperative regime. It works well and easily. I liked the new classes. The only pity is that there is no druid (I like to turn into a bear). Also, the game works well for ps4. Using the gamepad is convenient. Although there is a claim to the capture of the goal.
    Minus one for the causality. Minus one for lack of freedom. Minus one for the lost identity. I'm betting 7. It's annoying.
  16. Mar 6, 2017
    This is the first Diablo game i ever played and i am very happy with this purchase. Top down hack and slash at it's best with online multi player and with more free content updates than any game i have ever played, make this a must buy game.
  17. Mar 4, 2017
    This was my first Blizzard game and it is fantastic. I loved playing this game. It's fun, the loot is great and rewarding, the connectivity with my friends was fun, and the game kept me coming back over and over again. I even earned the Platinum which required me to get 6 different characters to max level, which I did gleefully as I listened to music/podcasts. It's a great game to justThis was my first Blizzard game and it is fantastic. I loved playing this game. It's fun, the loot is great and rewarding, the connectivity with my friends was fun, and the game kept me coming back over and over again. I even earned the Platinum which required me to get 6 different characters to max level, which I did gleefully as I listened to music/podcasts. It's a great game to just shut your mind off and have fun with. Expand
  18. Feb 5, 2017
    Among the "diablo-like" (haha) arpgs on ps4, this is the best.

Pros - Repayability - Fluent gameplay - Couch coop up to 4 players - Keeps you in the game with optipns how to test your abilities - That moments, where you plunge through tens of difficult demons, and you come on top Cons - Inventory, stash management and character info are not to my best of liking (not a PC
    Among the "diablo-like" (haha) arpgs on ps4, this is the best.

Pros
    - Repayability
    - Fluent gameplay
    - Couch coop up to 4 players
    - Keeps you in the game with optipns how to test your abilities

Cons
    - Inventory, stash management and character info are not to my best of liking (not a PC version, so no mouse available)
    - No Seasons, but I understand why (item scamming etc.)
    - After some time, the game wears off (but this is somewhat negated by updates, which add new content)
  19. Dec 8, 2016
    pluspoints

+ lots of content
    + a great storytelling
    + good graphics
    + cool enemies
    + good slilltries and ( i will say hero's)
    + addicting

now the negative point (it is only 1)

- can get repetive because its always walking and killing every monster on your path
  20. Oct 11, 2016
    Well its 2016 and im still playing Diablo 3 from time to time! I can't deny it anymore - its just simply great game. I was playing Alienation which is really good game but I started to reminiscing D3 and in comparision Alienation is simple, unpolished and well only the setting is better - and thats only because I'm more into sci-fi.
    Only flaw is that the story is really silly and the game
    Only flaw is that the story is really silly and the game is not that fun when played in long sessions.
  21. Aug 31, 2016
    I'm new to Diablo but I'm really enjoying this one the dialog is a little stale but that doesn't really take much away from the game for me. There is a lot of customizations as far as weapons, armor, and moves that aren't overly complicated to switch around for the style you want to achieve. Definitely worth playing.
  22. Jun 10, 2016
    This game came out two years ago and it's still ten times better than most of the games coming out now.
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10 Sound 10/10 Story 10/10 Replayability 10/10 It's the kinda game that you never tire of playing. Warning: This game is highly addictive. You may lose your job, find yourself single and broke. Please remember to eat, drink, sleep, shower and use the
    Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 10/10
    Sound 10/10
    Story 10/10
    Replayability 10/10
    It's the kinda game that you never tire of playing.
    Warning: This game is highly addictive. You may lose your job, find yourself single and broke. Please remember to eat, drink, sleep, shower and use the toilet regularly.
    Hell has never been more fun.
  23. May 19, 2016
    Coming from a big fan of Blizzard. Diablo 2 will still be my all time favourite and I still play it to this day.

Diablo 3 is a good game. If I played it without playing its predecessors, I would give it higher praises but I didn't. To me, it's a dumbed down, casual game compared to 1 and 2. I understand that they are trying to appeal to the casual gamers but 2 had a MASSIVE fan base and they disappointed a lot of them including myself.

Here are a couple of things I hate about it:

It had been dumbed down

What happened to dying and having to go and recollect your body and items? Takes a lot of fun and challenge in the game (something Dark Souls changed little).

What happened to the dark, gothic art design? Diablo 2 gave you worst feeling of being alone in a dark dungeon . Diablo 3 got the WoW art design making everything so fkn cartoony, it really ruins the experience for me.

The weapon class system pisssed me off the most. Hunter can't use anything apart from ranged. You fkn for real?! They should of done what Dark Souls done that you can use any weapon but if you're not suited for it, you can't use it well. Not enitirely banning them from using the fkn thing!

Rants aside, it has a lot of good too. Couch Co Op is one big thing that they did well. 4 player Co Op is also fun with the ability to trade goods.

The controller gives you better control and the dodge rolls play a big part in combat compared to the Click n Go system on PC.

Cinematics are excellent, they're spot on on content and character voices. It's just the in game models that are soo annoying.

Overall I give a 7

- 2 to crappy cartoony art design
    -1 to dumbed down casual gameplay
  24. Apr 10, 2016
    As the first episode of the franchise (and from Blizzard in general) on console it is fare to say that the game was very expected, let's see how they did.

First technically the game is very solid without any bugs to report after more than 20 hours of gameplay, and no framerate issue even when there is fifty enemies and four players on the screen. About the graphics there is very nice hand-drawn backgrounds but it doesn't change the facts that the game isn't beautiful and not particularly worthy of the PS4.

About the gameplay, Diablo is known for being the king of hack'n slash and well it sure is everything you'll expect from the genre, diferent class with gameplay subtleties, nice leveling, coop and looting systems, it's very solid once again but it lacks any surprise and the whole game is basically smashing those buttons, there's no moments to recall especially except maybe the bosses but once again you killed them like any other enemy, it just takes longer.

Concerning the story I was surprised in a good way about how detailed it was, it's really a good heroic-fantasy story with a well developed universe around it and the extension (Reaper of Souls is a very good follow up on it). The game story (including the extension) will last about 20 hours, but once you've done with the story mode you can always go grinding for better loot in dungeons that will always change of display (number and characteristics of enemies) that can keep you coming back for more.

In conclusion Diablo 3 is a fun game very solid in all aspects but without anything out of the extraordinary which makes it a fine game if you're looking for a fun coop or hack'n slash experience but not unmissable.
  25. Apr 2, 2016
    I've played the PC and PS4 versions extensively and while the PC version is better overall the PS4 version is definitely a solid port and the game plays wonderfully with a controller. The main negatives compared to the PC version are:

- No seasons - Not online only so a lot of people cheat by using modded gear so you need to be careful who you play with - Nephalem Glory gives double

- No seasons
    - Nephalem Glory gives double damage on console (it doesn't on PC) so it feels mandatory to maintain
    - Online co-op is P2P so if the host lags, the game lags leading to lots of rubber banding
    - Frame rate does dip noticeably especially during co-op, but is mostly solid while solo

The game is constantly being updated and the updates are coming quicker and quicker to PS4 so there's not much disparity between PC and PS4 these days, the amount of free content they've added is quite impressive and they don't seem to be slowing down any time soon. There's endless replay value so I don't think you'll get more bang for your buck elsewhere considering how cheaply you can get this game now.
  26. Mar 24, 2016
    Always been a huge fan of the Diablo series. The new installment is by far the best! Graphics are gorgeous and that addictive hack and slash repeat is just to much fun! i have played for hundreds of hours...have two characters at max level 70. After reaching level 70 you can still gain XP but also gain Paragon points. these allow you to buff up your stats for each character. Playing withAlways been a huge fan of the Diablo series. The new installment is by far the best! Graphics are gorgeous and that addictive hack and slash repeat is just to much fun! i have played for hundreds of hours...have two characters at max level 70. After reaching level 70 you can still gain XP but also gain Paragon points. these allow you to buff up your stats for each character. Playing with friends is really the best way to enjoy Diablo 3. Not only do you gain better chances at scoring better gear and weapons but gain more XP also. It is definitely one of my favorite PS4 games and might even be in my top 20 of all time. Expand
  27. Mar 2, 2016
    Own this game on PS3, PC and PS4. PS4 is the best version of the game. Graphics and controls are MUCH better than PC version. I play it on a 43" 4K TV that I use as my computer monitor and also have my PS4 hooked up to and it looks great.
  28. Jan 30, 2016
    Diablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep itDiablo 3 started off rough, but the expansion and its future updates - especially the removal of the stupid real money auction house - have rounded it out into probably the best loot-focused action RPG. Insane levels of replay value, but grinding out bounties and Greater Nephalem Rifts does get old after hundreds of times. They have continued to add gear, areas, and the seasons keep it fresh. Worth your time, especially at the current price. Expand
  29. Dec 29, 2015
    What sold me this game is the notion that it may be a similar experience to playing as Rexxar in warcraft 3:the frozen throne(which was damn good).I thought that I'd be getting a big world filled with all kinds of insane secrets and interesting dungeons,coupled with a rewarding loot system.What I got instead was a huge,but barren,world,combat that is nothing but pure button mashing,and aWhat sold me this game is the notion that it may be a similar experience to playing as Rexxar in warcraft 3:the frozen throne(which was damn good).I thought that I'd be getting a big world filled with all kinds of insane secrets and interesting dungeons,coupled with a rewarding loot system.What I got instead was a huge,but barren,world,combat that is nothing but pure button mashing,and a loot system that constantly throws **** your way,making it feel completely irrelevant.You can barely explore the world without doing the story missions,which is a complete turnoff for any action rpg.Speaking of the story,it's bland and generic.I was so disinterested that I just skipped through all of the dialogue,wanting to go explore a new area,hoping in vain that it'd have something worthwhile.You could jump on me that I'm judging the story without getting to know it through the dialogue,but look,a good game with a good story would get me interested and I wouldn't have skipped the dialogue.The same goes for the rest of the game.Uninteresting,haven't finished it,and that's for a reason.I wasn't intrigued,I wasn't having fun,that's it.If you'd for some reason want to buy this game,buy it on PC.It just looks more suited for a PC than for a console. Expand
  30. Dec 8, 2015
    To me, this is the diablo RoS as it should have been.
    With trade, gifts, no full online. Local coop is FUN. No seasons ad no leaderboard, but i don't miss them.

Yes, it's full of online modders/ cheaters, beware ; so, if you plan go on public matches, have a backup first.
    Better to have a list of trusted friends and play together.
  31. Dec 2, 2015
    oh boy, what fun. good ol bird's eye view hack and slash. reminds me of the old days with gauntlet legends. haha. but seriously, this game keeps on giving... every once in a while they just come out with a free expansion that just makes the game challenging and fun all over again. Also, if you are a loot hunter, this game is for you.
  32. Nov 21, 2015
    Fun, addictive and pretty game, full of colours and good sound, great range of weapons. But repetitive and no replayability. Sold after first play through.
  33. Nov 12, 2015
    The perfect dungeon crawler loot-fest optimized for PS4. A truly fantastic port of a beloved PC game. Diablo is not usually my sort of game but for zoning out and partaking in a bit of good old fashioned blood soaked demon bashing nothing comes close to this.
    Sure Diablo isn't particularly deep, in-fact it's linear is hell, but it knows what it is and its extremely good at it. I must say I found it a bit too easy on Normal mode dying maybe once, twice max, and crucifying the bosses with ease, however the pull with Diablo is to keep coming back and back and back.
    Performance-wise its spectacular running at 60fps I haven't noticed any issues or glitches and the controls are smooth, responsive and easy to use (I wish the recently released Wasteland 2: Director's Cut would've taken a page out of Diablo's book when it comes to controls and menu navigation). Sound and voice acting, from the crunches to the dialogue are excellent and it may be story light however what has been written fits the game perfectly well.
    There is reason this game has been given 100s of rave reviews and that's because it is that good, it doesn't get old, you just take a break from it and dive back in for more a while later.
  34. Nov 10, 2015
    The best Diablo to date, the only series I can think of that keeps improving, innovating, without getting boring. Even when you have mastered this game, with all characters, you keep coming back for more. Constant updates makes this game worth keeping hold of.

Essentially this game does become button bashing when you have created your all powerful, invincible, superbeing, one-hit-kill, wonder god.. however, as all fans of the series will testify, it is the pursuit of perfection of making this character that makes this a must own game.
  35. Oct 20, 2015
    This game is truly amazing. I first bought it for the PC when it came out, and the only thing that kept me from playing it after a month was the real money auction house, which greatly reduced the item drop rate. Thank blizzard they removed it finally. Now I bought it for the PS4, and I must say, it is even better than the PC version. The graphics are outstanding with the native 1080pThis game is truly amazing. I first bought it for the PC when it came out, and the only thing that kept me from playing it after a month was the real money auction house, which greatly reduced the item drop rate. Thank blizzard they removed it finally. Now I bought it for the PS4, and I must say, it is even better than the PC version. The graphics are outstanding with the native 1080p resolution running on 60fps, and the gameplay is silky-smooth, which cannot be said on the PC version. No matter how I adjusted the graphics, it still went below 30fps at some points of the game, and I am not talking about a potato PC. There are some minor features that I miss, for example zooming in to the character which could be binded to the left stick click, but it's not a deal breaker for me. The only complaint I could have is that the game on normal mode is way too easy, but the difficulty can be changed anytime during the gameplay.
    Buy it!
  36. Oct 18, 2015
    This is a fantastic game, it really is, but it was never meant for consoles. The controls are the worst I've played in all of modern gaming. Do yourself a favor, and play it on PC. That is all.
  37. Oct 8, 2015
    So much fun, even my wife, who isn't a gamer, loves to play it. The various updates and patches since the game came out years ago have REALLY helped the game become enjoyable.
  38. Sep 29, 2015
    Diablo 3 is a masterpiece and a must have in your PS4 collection.

The move from mouse and keyboard to controller flips the game on it's head making it an incredibly enjoyable experience.

Tonnes of content. Tonnes of achievements to unlock and with a very active developer who are still pouring content into this title (free extra content) this stands as an absolute modern classic.
  39. Sep 2, 2015
    This game was looking good until patch 2.3 came out then they decided to trash singleplayer by empowering groups to the point that its the only way to get crafting materials. I see they're now back to their old tricks of trashing and ignoring their player base whom have come to understand the dark side of blizzard. They have some terrible habits and picking only what they want to hear andThis game was looking good until patch 2.3 came out then they decided to trash singleplayer by empowering groups to the point that its the only way to get crafting materials. I see they're now back to their old tricks of trashing and ignoring their player base whom have come to understand the dark side of blizzard. They have some terrible habits and picking only what they want to hear and ignoring anything that could actually help and make the game better. The game is now a product of easy linear win with nothing to do but grind paragons and wait for sets to drop then reroll till you go blind. Expand
  40. Aug 26, 2015
    PlayStation 4 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard’s epic action RPG, Diablo III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character class Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, or the all-new Crusader and embark on a dark journey throughPlayStation 4 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard’s epic action RPG, Diablo III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character class Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, or the all-new Crusader and embark on a dark journey through Acts I-V to save the world of Sanctuary from ancient and sinister forces. With the new DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and a custom-designed console interface, players will be outfitted with touch pad functionality and new social features as they engage in pulse-pounding combat with hordes of monsters and acquire items of incredible power. Expand
  41. Aug 19, 2015
    The best developers out there... really great job blizzard really thank you for all the updates upgrades and free content over the years since diablo 3 came out. Really its mind blowing the amount of content offered for free when looking at the likes of Activision who cuts from the game so much that you need to buy a dlc to get the rest of the story.. again thank you blizzard you deserveThe best developers out there... really great job blizzard really thank you for all the updates upgrades and free content over the years since diablo 3 came out. Really its mind blowing the amount of content offered for free when looking at the likes of Activision who cuts from the game so much that you need to buy a dlc to get the rest of the story.. again thank you blizzard you deserve more. Now back to the game it has as i said so much content and coop coach that you would buy it just for that but on top of it it has great gameplay and class and new ideas and good story but not a great one also great cinamatics and addictive elements, epic game Expand
  42. Aug 17, 2015
    I finally had fun with Diablo 3! If you had told me in 2012 that the PC launch of Diablo 3 was going to be a failure and that I would be playing it in 2014 on console and having way more fun I would have laughed in your face. Yet, here we are! The team finally got things sorted out with the expansion and the PS4 version is the definitive version for one big reason. Couch co-op. This gameI finally had fun with Diablo 3! If you had told me in 2012 that the PC launch of Diablo 3 was going to be a failure and that I would be playing it in 2014 on console and having way more fun I would have laughed in your face. Yet, here we are! The team finally got things sorted out with the expansion and the PS4 version is the definitive version for one big reason. Couch co-op. This game is a fantastic excuse to revisit the long forgotten art of grabbing some friends and playing......Gasp.......in the same room! The items feel worthwhile collecting and building a new character is satisfying. I was surprised but me and my roommate had a ton of fun with this one. Expand
  43. Aug 12, 2015
    great game to play alone, even greater to play as a group.
    i like the fact that you can be playing alone, a friend pops by and they just joins you.
    lots of fun and with many possible upgrades and crafting for everything
  44. rrt
    Aug 2, 2015
    Niestety gra mnie nie zachwyciła,choć byłem jej fanem od pierwszej odsłony.Po pierwsze za łatwa,a zwiększanie trudności niewiele pomogło,po drugie zaczyna nużyć po dłuższym czasie.
  45. Jul 12, 2015
    This game is awesome. I play diablo 3 a hour everyday with my wife. There isnt too many choices for local co op gaming in ps4 . This game is enjoyable if you play with your wife.
    in my opinion ps4 version better than pc version. Gaming controls are very practical.
  46. Jul 7, 2015
    The failings of the PC version removed. That was a great start. Addition of support for 4 players on one console was the best idea they made with this title. Graphics are great even on my 60". I kind of ignored the story after act 2 because it's pretty basic.
  47. Jun 29, 2015
    Diablo III isn't for everyone. Many gamers thinks that games like Diablo are not for adults, but Diablo III is much more than casual RPG.
    Its addictive and funny way to relax with a good plot. // 8 points
  48. Jun 10, 2015
    I would probably recommend the PC version over this simply because DLC and updates don't have to go through the ESRB. There is a big problem with modded weapons/hacking on the PS4 version online. It doesn't really matter because the game is 99% cooperative multiplayer and 1% PVP. The game is fun whether you like RPG titles or action games. The top-down camera is very unique, and theI would probably recommend the PC version over this simply because DLC and updates don't have to go through the ESRB. There is a big problem with modded weapons/hacking on the PS4 version online. It doesn't really matter because the game is 99% cooperative multiplayer and 1% PVP. The game is fun whether you like RPG titles or action games. The top-down camera is very unique, and the numbers game is vastly addictive. The story is easy to follow, and there is ton of lore for those who want to learn more. The fact that the game is made in 2015 and supports local multiplayer simultaneously with online play is amazing.

The game can never really be "beat." Sure, you can beat the campaign, but afterward there is adventure mode, which is an endless mode of fun: trophies, collectables, hardcore mode, bounties, trials, torment modes, et. al.
  49. May 27, 2015
    Classic Diablo gameplay - which is both this game's strength and weakness. Enemies charge at you in furiously spawning waves, while you grind your character up though the levels and grab ever and ever better kit. Every so often a crazy tough but easily defeated End Of Level Boss will briefly entertain you with their repetitive moves. Local (single screen, multi controller) multiplayer,Classic Diablo gameplay - which is both this game's strength and weakness. Enemies charge at you in furiously spawning waves, while you grind your character up though the levels and grab ever and ever better kit. Every so often a crazy tough but easily defeated End Of Level Boss will briefly entertain you with their repetitive moves. Local (single screen, multi controller) multiplayer, which is a real strength of this game, as well as online - but you can easily defeat all the baddies by yourself or with your choice of AI companion. Expand
  50. May 24, 2015
    A really fun and addictive time online, single player, or with friends. If you enjoy rpg games this game is a must have. Sure it is not perfect in graphics but most definitely makes up for that everywhere else. Tons of items, tons of character builds, ton of options. I only have one complaint, Blizzard had failed to control hackers (modders) on the console version. So if you run into aA really fun and addictive time online, single player, or with friends. If you enjoy rpg games this game is a must have. Sure it is not perfect in graphics but most definitely makes up for that everywhere else. Tons of items, tons of character builds, ton of options. I only have one complaint, Blizzard had failed to control hackers (modders) on the console version. So if you run into a game with one of these hackers it can cause a minor annoyance. Almost a perfect game for me. Expand
  51. May 20, 2015
    I can't believe I'm saying this but this is the Diablo III we asked for. It's far better than the PC version. I can't believe how much fun I'm having.
  52. May 11, 2015
  53. May 10, 2015
    This version of Diablo 3 is the version that fits closer to the version I had imagined when D3 first was released. Bought the game when it first was released on PC, and it was fun... for a while. Then came the famous "Wall" and the stalking of AH began, which was hideous! Now, a couple of years later, I got the urge to try it out again (with RoS expansion) and found the game cheap to PS4,This version of Diablo 3 is the version that fits closer to the version I had imagined when D3 first was released. Bought the game when it first was released on PC, and it was fun... for a while. Then came the famous "Wall" and the stalking of AH began, which was hideous! Now, a couple of years later, I got the urge to try it out again (with RoS expansion) and found the game cheap to PS4, so I thought I could do a clean slate. And for that I am glad!

What I experienced was the same game, but the feeling couldnt be more different. Never regretted that I grabbed it to PS4, and made a clean slate (leveling up another Barbarian). Just reached Paragon lvl 110, and it still feels fresh - so for Me, this has been money well spent!
  54. Apr 5, 2015
    This game is HUGE It has so much replay value, it is such a long game with 100+ Hours of game play, I've been playing through the campaign with my friend in co-op (Which you can do with up to 3 friends on one screen) and we've spent a few days playing this game and we are not even max level, so we haven't even begun to play the torment levels, which i hear add a whole new level ofThis game is HUGE It has so much replay value, it is such a long game with 100+ Hours of game play, I've been playing through the campaign with my friend in co-op (Which you can do with up to 3 friends on one screen) and we've spent a few days playing this game and we are not even max level, so we haven't even begun to play the torment levels, which i hear add a whole new level of difficulty and better loot, if you're an RPG Fan this game is for you, they make it work with the ps4, and it was a beautiful port from the PC, i would HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who likes an RPG with tons of lore and is full of content, the story is amazing but it lacks the excitement in the story to make me really care, but the game play makes up for this ten-fold. if you do not own this game, i would say please try this, you will love the overwhelming amount of content in this game. for being a diablo game it has amazing graphics and, the spells look amazing. the max level is 70, but you can increase your players abilities with paragon points, which you earn from playing through torment difficulties. (Not 100% sure about that, but it's what it looks like from playing) I've made it to the 50s and the game is still exciting and fun! Expand
  55. Apr 3, 2015
    I am giving this a zero to balance out all of the BS good reviews that are on here. The game is not the worst but it is nowhere near enjoyable compared to any other game on the market.if you're like me and you're buying it because you like to Diablo 2 please don't make the same mistake I did by giving this game a chance. There's just so much I can say about how bad it is I don't know whereI am giving this a zero to balance out all of the BS good reviews that are on here. The game is not the worst but it is nowhere near enjoyable compared to any other game on the market.if you're like me and you're buying it because you like to Diablo 2 please don't make the same mistake I did by giving this game a chance. There's just so much I can say about how bad it is I don't know where to start. The graphics are almost cartoonish (it's like they took them straight from World of Warcraft) and don't give you the same rugged feeling like Diablo 2. I would've preferred they keep the graphics the same then make them look like they do. The game is so ridiculously easy I just started out and I haven't died a single time and I've been in the first act on hard mode. I'm only level 12 and I can literally stand in one place for minutes (LITERALLY!!!) while hordes of enemies attack me and I will not die. The story mode is so linear and has no feeling of adventure whatsoever. I tried SOOO hard to give this game a chance despite all the bad reviews I read and I Extremely regret that I did. I know it sounds like I'm being harsh but I am not, it is really that bad. You can literally stand there and hold The a button down and sleigh every enemy in your way. There is no challenge at all all the objectives are close by and marked on your map. The one good thing I can say is that the voice acting is good. You can't pick what attributes to unlock you just unlock them as you level up. Which was one of the main joys of Diablo 2 because you could customize how you want to play your character.I would much rather blizzard remake Diablo 2 then release this piece of junk. Don't waste your money. Expand
  56. Apr 1, 2015
    Masterpiece. One of the greatest games of all time. It’s an absolutely must-have. If you have never played, buy it now and start playing as there is no tomorrow!!!
  57. Mar 25, 2015
    Very rarely do I spend more than a few hours at a time playing one game but this one just had me coming back for more. My initial play through I played on normal and it just felt way too easy and kinda lame so I decided to bump up the difficulty to the hard and things got way more interesting. I gradually bumped up the difficulty to the point where I had a nice balance of killing enemiesVery rarely do I spend more than a few hours at a time playing one game but this one just had me coming back for more. My initial play through I played on normal and it just felt way too easy and kinda lame so I decided to bump up the difficulty to the hard and things got way more interesting. I gradually bumped up the difficulty to the point where I had a nice balance of killing enemies and almost dying. I loved Diablo 2 and spend countless hours playing through different characters in that game. I love the boss fights in this game just because of the giant character models of the bosses were really cool. This is a great game for killing saying 20 mins and just quitting or staying up all night saying well just one more act...just one more act. Graphics are great and sound/music are great too. I would say a must play for anyone who likes playing dungeon crawlers, rogue likes, RPGs and action games.

All the added on expansion stuff is pretty good too, a few tough battles to go through but nonetheless really fun.
  58. Mar 19, 2015
    Ultimate co-op fun. Diablo have a very good replayability with lot of items. One of games you must have on your playstation 4 console. Recommend 10/10 players.
  59. Mar 12, 2015
    I'll admit straight off, I was torn between an 8 or 9 out of 10 but I'll explain my reasons below:

This is my first game in the Diablo series and I have now completed the main story and am building up my paragon level. I personally found the story really interesting and that was quite unexpected as I only really got the game to play with my friends. The levelling up/skill system is

The levelling up/skill system is great and you have so many options that even after hours of play you can still experience new ways of playing.
    Having had a quick look at standard Diablo 3 on Xbox 360, I think they've made some great amendments to this version.

MULTIPLAYER - It's been a long while since we've actually had a good, couch coop game. This is where the game earns it's 9/10 for me. It has a brilliant Apprentice System where anyone can play with you and if they are a lower level their stats will be boosted whilst they are in your game. They have made all the right decisions with both the local and online game and that's rare to see nowadays. I've had hours of fun on this game with all my mates.
  60. Feb 21, 2015
    This is yet another quasi "game of the year edition with exclusive content that is exclusive simply to double the game's fan base" *gasp*

As a huge fan of Diablo 3, I was quite ticked off that the extra act and character wasn't DLC (which is how many thought it would be when the expansion was first announced.) To be honest, I originally had no intention of buying the PS4 version. I was content with the last gen version. But I REALLY wanted to play the expansion, but didn't want to buy it again for last gen. So I caved and got it for the PS4.

Visually the original section are exactly the same as on last gen. The expansion areas do look a little better and detailed, but not much.

Where the Ultimate Evil edition redeems itself is a wealth of new content and rebalanced game mechanics. I still think it should have been possible as an add-on to the original. While grumble about being double dipped, at least I kinda got money's worth.

Overall:
    Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil edition is a blatant cash grab, but a damn good one at least. Worth getting if you've played the original. A must if you haven't.

Side Note:
    If I had not play the original, I would have scored this a 9.5.
  61. Feb 10, 2015
    Well, they sure fixed the heck out of this game, didn't they? No more RMAH, smart loot, goblins aplenty, adventure mode and rifts. I was in the D3 beta and it was clear to a lot of us even then that the game was in no way an improvement over D2, it wasn't even fun to play. Then day one dropped for PC, and the game was honestly horrible, and it got worse as time went on. I left it afterWell, they sure fixed the heck out of this game, didn't they? No more RMAH, smart loot, goblins aplenty, adventure mode and rifts. I was in the D3 beta and it was clear to a lot of us even then that the game was in no way an improvement over D2, it wasn't even fun to play. Then day one dropped for PC, and the game was honestly horrible, and it got worse as time went on. I left it after about a year of solid playtime, just trying somehow to make it fun--never happened.

I have no idea why I decided to pick up D3 for the PS4, maybe because I'd heard that they'd gotten smart loot, and since I loathed the old drops, I thought, eh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. The game is finally what it should have been all along, with some of the game mechanics we were begging for in beta implemented at last.

A terrific ARPG, with both great solo and co-op play, this game looks beautiful, moves fast, and is probably the best purchase I made for the PS4--it gets more gameplay than any other title I've picked up so far. I can honestly say that I love all my lvl 70's--well, except the barb and the witch doctor--but who cares. This game doesn't disappoint, and my husband and I play pretty much every night--we've had it for a long time now, and though we've bought new games since then, by the end of the night it's back to D3, probably because the co-op is so fluid and fun. Well worth the money, it pays for itself in playtime many, many times over.
  62. Feb 4, 2015
    This game still lacks too many features, and the best solution I found is going back to Diablo 2 because this game... should be never existed. Please Blizzard, do something right. For example: WoW Free.
  63. Feb 3, 2015
    havent played the pc edition but i feel like u arent losing out on anything...greater rifts offer a lot of gameplay if you are done with the main story and like to play with diff characters .....you will spend a good amount of time trying to get the items/sets u want but that is all part of the fun/challenge
  64. Jan 29, 2015
    What more can i Say? its effing diablo, on a console.. Its amazing..

Just stay away from the mutiplayer unless you have friends you know who are playing legit. A lot of hackers!
  65. Jan 28, 2015
    This game is the original destiny making you grind through the same levels up to seven times maybe even more WTF?
    I cannot believe I didn't realise it before.
  66. Jan 27, 2015
    if you're autistic you may like it. but its highly repetitive, all set within a "central hub" area with no interesting points. simply do the same thing over and over again with little substance.

while a minor point, the graphics (and aesthetics) are terrible. there are actually browser games which are better
  67. Jan 17, 2015
    Absolutely love this game, especially with what they did to it in the long run. The devs basically turned it around from start of the pc version. So much loot, different styles of setups to take down the most challenging mobs on Tier 6. Anyone who loves crazy amount of loot and destroying anything and everything NEEDS to purchase this as soon as possible.
  68. Jan 11, 2015
    Like the sales clerk told me, Diablo 3 on the PS4 is "Awesome Sauce."
    Like the sales clerk told me, Diablo 3 on the PS4 is "Awesome Sauce."
    I wouldn't dare give a 10/10 to any other recent game, but Blizzard's Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition on PS4 is 100% worthy of such a high rating. Unlike so many triple-A titles these days, Diablo 3 is a game that actually works; it runs smooth, the graphics are crisp, frame-rate is solid as a rock, and all of the controls are very responsive. Audio has also been upgraded. Blizzard's developers did a wonderful job retouching all the details of this huge game and its many levels; they all look amazing and are a very noticeable upgrade from the PS3 version. While I'm sure no one plays Diablo for the graphics, this is by far the best-looking version of Diablo to date. The animations in combat are just awesome; both you and your enemies have been retouched as their animations in combat look better, especially as the crowd of enemies starts to grow, the frame-rate stays solid and the clusters of enemies are more detailed. The beautifully-designed combat animations with lots of bright lights and brilliant colors come to life on the battlefield as you make your way through the hordes of enemies, it's eye-candy!

The next thing Blizzard did right was to add content, and tons of it. This game has so much content, you could easily play it for hundreds of hours without retracing your steps. I've put 100 hours into it myself and I know I've only scratched the surface of this huge game. Even if you've already completely beaten the original version, the Reaper of Souls / Ultimate Edition adds so many extras. Not to mention, Blizzard gave us an entirely new class, the Crusader, which will give even platinum trophy holders a cool new character to level-up and explore the game with.

Put it this way: If you have a PS4 but you don't own Diablo 3, you're really missing-out on one of the best games in the whole PS4 catalog.
  69. Jan 10, 2015
    Very addictive game! I really enjoyed leveling up and playing this game. Didn't really follow the story, I cared more about the gameplay. The gameplay consists of smashing the controller buttons and just following your health level, if its starts to get low you run away from the battle. Its very primitive. But fun!

When the game was over, I had an empty feeling. Like I didn't accomplish

When the game was over, I had an empty feeling. Like I didn't accomplish anything.
  70. Jan 4, 2015
    As a long time running fan of Diablo, since my High School years, I have always played Diablo non-stop, for literally hours on in. Diablo III Reaper of Souls UEE is no different in anyway whatsoever. Diablo III ROS UEE has all the makings of a perfect RPG and MMORPG! The best Character classes; my favorite being the Demon Hunter following is the Crusader with the Wizard next in line forAs a long time running fan of Diablo, since my High School years, I have always played Diablo non-stop, for literally hours on in. Diablo III Reaper of Souls UEE is no different in anyway whatsoever. Diablo III ROS UEE has all the makings of a perfect RPG and MMORPG! The best Character classes; my favorite being the Demon Hunter following is the Crusader with the Wizard next in line for supreme bada$$dom by far. Been playing it now for 80+ hours and am barely on my 5 character almost at level 70. I would recommend this game to any RPG fans out there, who love fast pace+huge hordes of enemies on higher difficulties! Overall, this game is worth every penny I didn't have to spend on it, because my sister gifted it to me. :) Expand
  71. Jan 3, 2015
    This game is quite repetitive, even boring at times, but nevertheless you keep going for just one more level, hoping the next batch of loot will be different, surprising or even game-changing,...but it never is
    The monsters change, the scenery changes, the various attacks become stronger and more spectacular, but in the end it comes down to : the more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Kind off reminds me of having sex, once it becomes a habit : you keep doing it, just for the fun of it.
  72. Dec 31, 2014
    What a borefest has this become! You see I was a big fan of the first Diablo when I was about 12 to 14 years old. Granted, I also thought the Power Rangers were the best thing to ever come on tv. I thought clicking (un)dead things and making them eu... dead was pretty cool back then. I couldn't count how many times I've played it from start to... almost finish. Almost because I was alwaysWhat a borefest has this become! You see I was a big fan of the first Diablo when I was about 12 to 14 years old. Granted, I also thought the Power Rangers were the best thing to ever come on tv. I thought clicking (un)dead things and making them eu... dead was pretty cool back then. I couldn't count how many times I've played it from start to... almost finish. Almost because I was always afraid of going up against Diablo himself and I chickened out :-). Off course, eventually I picked up the game again and played it from start to finish with a new character that I hadn't seen before, the monk. Diablo was kind off underwelming off course, after years of living of fear of him I killed him in one try in under a minute. Never played the game again.
    Now Diablo 3 is here, I have the ultimate edition on my PS4. The first thing I notice that somehow I get the feeling I have to slash a lot longer to get a single monster killed. This kinda gets the action out of the game. It also makes it extremely repetitive. I know that Diablo was always a repetitive game and that a lot of the appeal lies in the balance between weapons and armor. The next item is always just out of reach, but not too far out of reach. The thing is, that's not really the case anymore now that the so called "legendary" items drop every 5 minutes. Also, where I used to have the feeling that a new weapon felt more powerful or at least felt different then the last, in Diablo 3 all weapons feel the same to me. Off course, maybe it was just my childish imagination that made the weapons feel different in the past.
    You might argue that I haven't played the game long enough. I keep reading people say the game only REALLY starts at level 75. Well, I've now played around 9 hours. I'm at level 30-ish and have had no fun at all in any off those 9 hours. I really don't see why I would want to spend another 10-15 hours on this game just so I can reach level 75 and see if it might get a bit better. I don't see why I would want that and I don't see why the game would be designed that way. I don't believe for a second that this bore-fest could get any better beyond mediocre anyway.
    This has been my biggest disappointment of the year, closely followed by WWE 2K15 (the difference is that I saw the latter disappointment coming).
  73. Dec 26, 2014
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Solid frame rate on the console, doesn't freeze and graphics are up to the PC version. Of course on the highest settings the PC version will look better but I would say that the PS4 version looks like high PC settings. Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is
    Evil finaly came to the PS4 and it's a good port.
    Diablo 3 UE plays and feels almost like on the PC sometimes even better.
    Sounds and gameplay is solid and the port is very polished. Textures in some places look worse then on PC but ypu really need to look.
    Then things I don't like is the inventory and the targeting system when you play a ranged character. Some times you either hit the wrong enemy or don't hit at all. With mele characters it's better.
    Solid 8 out of 10 for me. Got it on sale new for 29£ and is worth the price!
  74. Dec 10, 2014
    The game plays like the old Gauntlet games from playstation and the arcade. The only real difference is that diablo 3 is open world, has better graphics, more skills, and the ability to get better armor and weaponry. All in all this game is amazing and a must have if you liked Gauntlet from the old days. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who gets a ps4.
  75. Dec 6, 2014
    according to reviews and Meta`s i expect more than this. i`ve played all versions of Starcraft from beginning of it and that was a great - really great- game. but diablo is so boring. i just played it because i gave money for it. its graphic is not for ps4.
    but i have to be just: its story is good and i like to know what happened at last.
  76. Dec 3, 2014
    Never been an addict but I imagine it is something like playing this game. Amazing gameplay, lots of replayability, co-op is a blast, LOOT AND MORE LOOT, and some more loot.
    Oh did I mention there is no load times? Graphics are nothing to write home about but this is a game that is all about the gameplay. And the LOOT of course.
    Just play it and you will understand why it is so

Just play it and you will understand why it is so addicting. Highly recommend this as one of your purchases for the holidays if you are strapped for cash.
  77. Nov 27, 2014
    Verry fun and good game. It is a little bit of disapointing that people could hack and are OP. It ammused me alot but afther hack it becomes verry boring and sucked the life out of it.
  78. Nov 22, 2014
    Pay attention game developers. This is how you convert a PC game to consoles and get it right. Plays well, awesome multiplayer and more loot to collect then you can shake a stick at. Highly recommended.
  79. Nov 20, 2014
    Diablo 3 was a wonderfully designed masterpiece by Blizzard Entertainment. I would recommend this game to most, if not all of my friends as it provides a sense of fun and entertainment.
  80. Nov 12, 2014
    The control mechanics on the game were superb the cutscenes were downright breathtaking The gameplay is awesome,however, gameplay can be repetitive but the story really keeps you playing it's an ok title should have purchased it preowned
  81. Nov 12, 2014
    Diablo III on PS4/XB1 is the definitive edition for me. Yes, Diablo "is a PC game" and "#PCMasterRace!" and all that, but I can't ignore just how much more fun Diablo is with a controller, not to mention same-screen co-op! Inviting friends over to play has become a weekly thing, and we love almost every minute of it!

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills

Blizzard did an admirable job condensing the inventory and skills management into a workable solution for console, and it works really, really well... when playing by yourself or online. However, (and this is why it's a 9 instead of a 10) the quick-equip system is not nearly robust enough for same-screen co-op, especially with three or four players. We have a house rule that no one drags everyone else into staring at their menus unless we're in town, or someone finds a legendary. This is often broken later in the game, though, because three colored arrows in three categories is just not enough information to determine whether you want to switch to that new axe you just found. Invariably, one person wants to make a change, and then everyone does, and before we know it, we've spent ten minutes in menus, only two of which pertained to you. Quick-equip works well until about level 50-60, but it breaks down as soon as you start caring about elemental or individual skill % boosts and other stats that aren't really reflected in green and red arrows. The menus are fine for the most part when playing online or by yourself, and quick-equip is so close to working really well in same-screen co-op. However, if we just had a little more information, that would be super fantastic.

Besides that, UEE is excellent, and it's my favorite local multiplayer game in a long time! Even though I spent 300+ hours on Diablo III on PC including Reaper of Souls, I can't imagine going back.
  82. Nov 12, 2014
    Really great game! after patch it's like new one! new items, rifts, etc. no frame rate drop!
    If you like chack&slash RPG it's a must have title for you.
  83. Nov 9, 2014
    Diablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear asDiablo III is a fun game that offers unique rpg elements in terms of customization, classes and dungeon diving. All in all, the story is entertaining, but certainly isn't ground breaking. You get to choose from 6 different classes, although that's the most depth you'll get other than choosing your gender. Your goal is to beat all the acts, level up and find as much rare/legendary gear as possible to make your character a beast. This can be fun to do with a group of friends...although the repetitive nature of the game will start to sink in over time. Repetition might be fun for some, and for those people Diablo III will not disappoint. Personally, I grew tired of jumping into a dungeon, killing off enemies, fighting a boss, and then reporting back to town for a lackluster reward. The real rewards in Diablo III come from fighting enemies on a hard difficulty setting and looting them for better equipment. The enemies will grow old though, and the constant back and fourth of the entire game may very well leave you disappointed. All in all, not a bad game, but nothing worthy of an above average rating imo. Expand
  84. Nov 1, 2014
    I have played this for hours, hoping for SO much more based on the reviews. It is a truly dull, repetitive game. I simply don't understand how this floats anyone's boat in the modern gaming universe. Primitive gaming. Lame is the word that comes to mind. I can only imagine a child enjoying this.
  85. Oct 31, 2014
    All the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be addedAll the things I hated from Diablo 3 at release time have been patched or highly improved with Reaper of Souls, making it be the game it should have been at release. I still don't understand how come in 2014 we can't rotate the camera in a game. For PS4 and XboxOne you will enjoy the same patch contents and additions PC users have, except seasons, but all the ítems from them will be added as drops everytime they finish one. Playing with a Gamepad is also awesome and more confortable to allow grinding for hours, which is something you should expect to do in this game. For me, the best way to enjoy Diablo is currently in next gen consoles. Expand
  86. Oct 29, 2014
    So glad they released this on PS4! Love playing this game with my friends and family! Blizzaard sure knows how to keep a game interesting and fun at the same time.
  87. Oct 22, 2014
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    1) Monsters take the same damage no matter where you hit them. no weakness, no reason to try to attack them from behind. You just stand there in the same spot and button mash.
    Here are the reasons for my negative review.
    2) I truly believe that a skilled player in any game should be able to avoid damage. however, no matter what you do here, taking damage here is inevitable, even with the ability to dodge
  88. Oct 14, 2014
    I haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you byI haven played Diablo since Diablo 1 way back and the campaing story in 3 was pretty boring/week but the endgame is really where this game shines, even for a semi-casual player like myself. Overall the game is extremely polished and with a few lucky drops you can climb the difficulty levels faster than I had imagined. Speaking of loot there always seems to be a drop that catches you by surprise, which shows the developers really are thinking outside the box and this makes one wanting to come back for more. Also the recently added v2 patch made things even more inteteresting. I only recently tried multiplayer and had a blast too. The truly great games make you love your character and with Diablo 3 this is certainly the case. This is also the first game ever I enjoy more in German than in English, which speaks volumes for the efffort taken in the translation/synchronisation. Still as a RPG addict I have to substract one point for the lackluster campaign story. Expand
  89. Oct 10, 2014
    Great game but still no BattleNet Characters... sorry, while the PC version hits a 9, this version can only get 6 points.I can't understand why Blizzard is doing this?
  90. Oct 3, 2014
    Exactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well withExactly what the name says "ultimate edition" i believe this is the most complete and polished edition of Diablo 3 out there. It's fun, addictive and the added adventure mode give this game endless hours of gameplay. Controls have been adjusted to suit the needs of console gamers and it's never felt more natural to play it on a controller then now. Gameplay is smooth and flows well with no stuttering or screen tearing no matter how busy your screen gets with all the enemies. The loot system has changed slighly and rare drops don't accur that often anymore but feels more rewrding when something rare drops. The difficulty is well balanced for any players, from the more casual players up to the hardcore players who'd like to test their skills.

If you don't own this gme yet i'd advise you to go buy it as there is no PS4 complete without this!
  91. Oct 3, 2014
    You have to be a fan of the diablo series to enjoy this, i played it as my first ever diablo game, i found it fun and i quite enjoyed it but it does become repetitive, 7.10
  92. Oct 1, 2014
    Fun and engaging classes including the new Crusader class. All the addictive attributes that the second Diablo game had minus a compelling story. Worth a buy.
  93. Sep 30, 2014
    Highly addictive. Hundreds of hours of replay value. Great alternative to MMORPG for people who have busy lives. You can jump into he action with friends, even if they play more often than you.
  94. Sep 30, 2014
    Diablo is Diablo, what can you say. This game came out several years ago, and I find it pretty damn greedy to charge full retail price, especially considering the fact, that a huge chunk of content that's coming to PC isn't even announced for consoles.
    PS: I've learnt this lessons - don't buy blizzard games anywhere but PC
  95. Sep 29, 2014
    Ultimate return of Diablo 3. Great amount of replayability and content. Hundreds hours of play. It looks like old good Diablo, it plays like old good Diablo.
  96. Sep 28, 2014
    This game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I thinkThis game could be good but not... At the beginning from 0 to 5-8 levels are pretty hard. I was in normal difficulty but I died many times. Then I just got level 30 and from now... nothing. I play in expert but not even goes low my HP. I killed all the bosses without a single die. Sooo sooo boring and repetitive game after the lower levels. No new skills, nothing. I love Diablo and I think Diablo 3 wasn't that bad but now... its really bad. Expand
  97. Sep 27, 2014
    This is the definitive version of diablo 3 , graphics look even crisper , the added content will keep you coming back for more , overall its an amazing and addicting game , enough said
  98. Sep 16, 2014
    I have bought this game for PC, PS3 and PS4...... No Difference in Story or Gameplay. Just like Diablo 2 except in that time Diablo and Diablo 2 pretty fun games in that time. Im just not a fan of little people on screen running around fighting waves of little monsters.
  99. Sep 16, 2014
    A must own if you are interested in any sort of hack and slash game. Great visuals and art design, great story with lots of atmosphere, smooth controls, great inventory management and ...this game is simply flawless!
  100. Sep 15, 2014
    Diablo 3 is the perfect game for those looking for something they can pick up and play for just a few minutes or a few days at a time. You won't be disappointed in this purchase if you're craving for that role playing strategy button mashing adventure type of game. It's pretty to look at too ;-).
  101. Aug 19, 2014
    At first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can sayAt first i was a little disappointed as although everything looks a bit shinier it doesnt look like THAT great an improvement graphically. Thats where the disappointment ended, Blizzard have changed the game in so many little ways from the PS3 that never even seemed to be an issue but they improved it anyway, too many to list here but as a fan of the first rendition on the PS3 i can say that this upgrade is worth every penny. Plus the new Crusader class was built for me i LOVE it! Also the fact the loading times are practically zero means this is already worth the money before you even started! Collapse

1. Oct 21, 2014
    With such a fantastic transition to consoles in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, I’m even more eager about possible Blizzard ports in the future.
  2. Oct 8, 2014
    For players who love killing things, building godly characters, and grabbing loads of awesome loot in the process, Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition is the biggest no-brainer purchase of this year.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Sep 29, 2014
    The addition of Reaper of Souls content makes this an essential upgrade for veterans, while the power of PS4 ensures it's smoother than a dolphin's back. [Oct 2014, p.87]