7.0

1. Jan 7, 2014
    Smooth, just as fun as PC, beautiful and plays incredibly well on the Dual Shock 4! The control scheme surprising works perfectly! 10/10! This game is the start of a line-up of indie games that had me choosing the PS4 over the XBone. You guy's over at Klei did a fantastic job when you made this game a reality! Sony you have helped make it an amazing console version that runs unbelievableSmooth, just as fun as PC, beautiful and plays incredibly well on the Dual Shock 4! The control scheme surprising works perfectly! 10/10! This game is the start of a line-up of indie games that had me choosing the PS4 over the XBone. You guy's over at Klei did a fantastic job when you made this game a reality! Sony you have helped make it an amazing console version that runs unbelievable well. So much fun in such a gorgeously wrapped FREE gift from Sony! Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    besides the somewhat clunky inventory system and lack of zoom out feature. its a solid port looks great and works great besides the inventory problem and a couple glitches.

overall 8/10
  3. Jan 8, 2014
    This is a really fun game that everyone should get. On account of it being free for Playstation Plus Members this game is well worth the price (ha get the joke?) Don't Starve is a very cartoony looking game that also has some survivor horror aspects. During the day you spend your time out looking for supplies for crafting at night however you will need to build a campfire or else theThis is a really fun game that everyone should get. On account of it being free for Playstation Plus Members this game is well worth the price (ha get the joke?) Don't Starve is a very cartoony looking game that also has some survivor horror aspects. During the day you spend your time out looking for supplies for crafting at night however you will need to build a campfire or else the terrifying monsters will get you 0_0. The longer you play it the more you enjoy it. The longer you survive the harder it gets. The map changes every time so its different every time. One time I'm playing I'm thriving in the woods with a base and food to last a while. The next time however I'm struggling just to keep myself fed. Expand
  4. Jan 12, 2014
    Don't starve is a very addicting, mysterious, and haunting game. It has a very unique and charming look to it, and the gameplay is challenging and fun. I've put hours into it and I'm still hooked.
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    This survival game is a great change of pace for the PS4 offering tense yet entertaining gameplay. Don't starve, don't get killed and don't go crazy. The longer you survive, the more things you find out about this strange world. Will you learn fast enough to survive? Play and find out!
  6. Jan 8, 2014
    At first glance I thought Don't Starve looked a waste of time. I've been wrong before. The game is actually pretty fun. The goal is simple, survive. Collect materials to craft tools and other thing that will ultimately help keep you alive. The layout of the HUD is nice and simple and it didn't take long for me to understand just how to survive.. You start off with nothing. You collectAt first glance I thought Don't Starve looked a waste of time. I've been wrong before. The game is actually pretty fun. The goal is simple, survive. Collect materials to craft tools and other thing that will ultimately help keep you alive. The layout of the HUD is nice and simple and it didn't take long for me to understand just how to survive.. You start off with nothing. You collect stuff and work day by day to survive. I haven't played much yet, My longest survival was 7 days so far. The enemies are all unique from giant spiders to long legged, one eye birds that will murder you if you take their eggs(earned that the hard way). There is no real story to speak of.
    There isn't to much more to say really. The game as a pretty dark mood to it. The gameplay is addictive, and the visual for this game are great. I wish it would go more n depth with the story though. The video at the beginning didn't make any sense. I look forward to playing this game a lot more.
  7. Jan 9, 2014
    Fantastic game, really nice to play something unique and its a nice break from the usual games I play. People voting it with 0's are just silly fanboys so please ignore that. I really recommend you give this game a try! Its relatively cheap on PSN or free for PS+ so no reason not to
  8. Jan 8, 2014
    At first I expected to get bored of this game, as I've never really tried 'perma death/ trial & error'' type games. But I was totally wrong. The reward for figuring things out is great, much better than ''Follow icon' type games. I absolutely love the art style & music. I've laughed & generally jumped whilst playing the game. 5 hours just vanished while I was playing the game, I just can'tAt first I expected to get bored of this game, as I've never really tried 'perma death/ trial & error'' type games. But I was totally wrong. The reward for figuring things out is great, much better than ''Follow icon' type games. I absolutely love the art style & music. I've laughed & generally jumped whilst playing the game. 5 hours just vanished while I was playing the game, I just can't stop playing. It's now the game I play the most on PS4. I got it free via PS+, but I might grab a bit of merch just so I can support the developers! Great game, highly recommended :D Expand
  9. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a challenging, no-holding-hands, punishing, rogue-like survival game, make no mistake. No guidance is given, and for me, that is a strength. So is the unique art style. Once you accept this punishing aspect, and the fact that you need to constantly be aware of and explore your environment and meticulously track your supplies, and that to succeed you need to do these things over andThis is a challenging, no-holding-hands, punishing, rogue-like survival game, make no mistake. No guidance is given, and for me, that is a strength. So is the unique art style. Once you accept this punishing aspect, and the fact that you need to constantly be aware of and explore your environment and meticulously track your supplies, and that to succeed you need to do these things over and over, alongside the excellent exploratory nature of the land, the game really opens up and is fun for those who like that sort of thing. Expand
  10. Jan 10, 2014
    I would like to say that this is one of my favorite survival games ever made to date, but I am not sure that is completely true. It is exceedingly well made and designed and ever so charming, but most of my interest in it was based on how deceiving the last of those aspects is. The art style is great and the music is quirky and amusing, but that is really all that stands out. I am not atI would like to say that this is one of my favorite survival games ever made to date, but I am not sure that is completely true. It is exceedingly well made and designed and ever so charming, but most of my interest in it was based on how deceiving the last of those aspects is. The art style is great and the music is quirky and amusing, but that is really all that stands out. I am not at all saying the game is bad but when it comes to actual game play it does not overly define itself as new or innovative. Like all games it has a few aspects that are different but they are few. As of this point in time the creations in the game are few, the creatures are few and the options are few. They have made winter for example into an impassable barrier for any who are not veterans and for me at least, it is unsatisfying to remove winter through editing the world. Overall the game has fantastic potential but at it's current stage (have not kept up with the updates lately) I am not overly riveted. Expand
  11. Jan 13, 2014
    A very well-made game with a great artwork. This game is one of the best survival games out there! The idea of having to survive by hunting animals for food, growing your own crops, avoiding or fighting monsters, and having to go through extreme weather conditions makes this game very complete in the area of survival games. It is really fun to play and keeps the player entertained a lot.A very well-made game with a great artwork. This game is one of the best survival games out there! The idea of having to survive by hunting animals for food, growing your own crops, avoiding or fighting monsters, and having to go through extreme weather conditions makes this game very complete in the area of survival games. It is really fun to play and keeps the player entertained a lot. The only thing this game is missing is a co-op-split screen mode so that one can enjoy the game much more by playing it with friends and family having to help each other for survival, this will unleash the game's full potential and make the game much bigger in the market. Expand
  12. Jan 14, 2014
    The graphics in this game are very unique. They remind me of a Tim Burton movie. The game in general is pretty cool and is something you will go back to and play often. This game reminded me of a better version of minecraft. Get this!
  13. Jan 8, 2014
    Great game with a simple goal, survive. Don't Starve is incredibly fun and addicting to play. As you go on you learn more about how to play the game and each death leaves you wanting to get back into the game and keep playing.
  14. Jan 8, 2014
    Fantastic game with a cool looking comic book style that runs just as well if not better on ps4 than it did on PC.

Klei have included every update from the PC game day one on the ps4 version, to top it all off it you have fantastic remote play optimisation.

I will go as far as to say its the best game currently on ps4.
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    This is a great little game. This is one for people who want to explore a world and try and survive. This is not a game for people who want their hands held as there are no instructions given. The only instruction is that you don't starve. If you are impatient and get annoyed easily then this game probably not for you. Me, I am finding this game very addictive.
  16. Jan 24, 2014
    Anyone who see's this game as a 'mini game' doesn't understand it. this game is huge and expansive and a great pick up and play game out during the down time.
  17. Jan 18, 2014
    Don't starve is now available on PS4 to Playstation plus members for free. When it released, I downloaded it not knowing what I'd get into. I started playing, I loved the art style of this game, and when I got into it, I found myself playing an amazing game with a scary atmosphere. You collect resources in the day and evening, then just before it hits night, you make a campfire. Why?Don't starve is now available on PS4 to Playstation plus members for free. When it released, I downloaded it not knowing what I'd get into. I started playing, I loved the art style of this game, and when I got into it, I found myself playing an amazing game with a scary atmosphere. You collect resources in the day and evening, then just before it hits night, you make a campfire. Why? Because YOU WILL DIE if you don't. If you want a thought and challenging survival horror experience, go grab this for free! Expand
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    Having ironed out pretty much on PC already, PS4 version is a well refined version. the similar game on Playstation will be Tokyo Jungle, with the same concept of SURVIVAL. It is way much deeper, relatable and real progression all in all.

A "steep" curve i would say but a rewarding journey if you persevere on. all the little touches of crafting/building/farming, ultimately surviving is really intriguing and fun.

Plus the back stories/abilities of each characters are really well "written" and you will definitely empathise with.

Loving it!
  19. Jan 15, 2014
    Ok, Before Don't Starve came out I thought it looked terrible. I never seen any PC gameplay so the PS4 version was a first for me.
    Downloaded it because I am a plus subscriber and its free, Because of my first opinion just based on how the game looked I don't think I would ever have paid for it.

Wow, How wrong I was. The first 5-10 minutes on the game I hated it, I died and didn't really know what I was doing. I took off what monsters I could on settings and had another play. Now, Im loving it. Ive got the hang of the game after about 1 hour and Its super addictive.

All I need to do now is unlock Wes and Maxwell, Wes is near impossible to find. Only 0.1% of people have unlocked him. Ive been searching adventure mode for days now. And Maxwell, I think I can unlock but I want to find Wes first.

Honestly, I seriously hope the developers for Don't Starve make another game as I would be one of the first people to download it.
    Great Game, and I think the people who are moaning about a small game like this need to realise that the PS4 is still a brand new console. We are not going to receive Assassins Creed 4 for free anytime soon. Please get a grip.
    I loved Resogun, Contrast and now Don't Starve. Sony Keep up the good work, And don't let the adult babies cloud your judgement on what games the fans want because right now its going perfect.... for me anyway.

Im giving Don't Starve a 9, as it has a lot of replay value and I really enjoy it. Just not a 10 because I can't find Wes.

BTW I rate Indie games 0-10 on an indie game basis, AAA titles have a different 0-1 score because obviously Don't Starve is not in the same league as the likes of GTA5, The Last of Us etc.
  20. Jun 10, 2015
    I really hope Don't Starve Together makes its way to PS4! This game has a randomly-generated world so it never gets old. The only problem is that updates have to go through the ESRB on consoles, so it is updated much slower than the PC version.

That said, there is a ton of content and updates already in this game! 9 out of 10 simply because there is missing multiplay at the time of this writing. Once Don't Starve Together makes its way to PS4, then it's 10 out of 10.
  21. May 6, 2014
    People who don't understand this game and give it scores of 0, 1, etc., go play COD. This game is based on pure strategy and if you have the wits to survive the first three months then it becomes much easier. In the meantime, there are MANY tools to resurrect. Just build them. The game is a fresh breath among games that are only clones of one another. It's a 9 for me.
  22. Sep 1, 2016
    This is a love it or hate it type of game. It's a completely unforgiving survival game. There's a MASIVE learning curve, and you'll die and start over dozens of times before you even establish a proper base for your character. You could play for 100 hours and still not get the hang of it. But once you do, It can be a very rewarding experience, as long as you have the patience. All aspectsThis is a love it or hate it type of game. It's a completely unforgiving survival game. There's a MASIVE learning curve, and you'll die and start over dozens of times before you even establish a proper base for your character. You could play for 100 hours and still not get the hang of it. But once you do, It can be a very rewarding experience, as long as you have the patience. All aspects of this game are creepy, from the music to the artwork to the monsters, but I always found the game quite soothing for some reason. Definitely check it out if you want a challenge, but be prepared to put in the work! Checking out guides before you start would probably be a good idea. Expand
  23. Apr 2, 2014
    This game is crazy-awesomely-difficult. It takes time to seriously learn how to survive in this game. The art and music are amazing and the overall aesthetic in the game is phenomenal. My GF and I have been playing this game all week and its the most played game on our PS4. If you stay away from just reading EVERYTHING off Wiki's and invest some time in this game you will have a lot ofThis game is crazy-awesomely-difficult. It takes time to seriously learn how to survive in this game. The art and music are amazing and the overall aesthetic in the game is phenomenal. My GF and I have been playing this game all week and its the most played game on our PS4. If you stay away from just reading EVERYTHING off Wiki's and invest some time in this game you will have a lot of game here. The game is about exploration and learning and it succeeds in this department in spades. Expand
  24. Jan 13, 2014
    Don't Starve is the PERFECT game for the old-school gamer. Brutally tough in the beginning, no tutorial or guide, but after tinkering for a few hours you really start to feel like you're actually doing the one thing you're supposed to do...SURVIVE!!! There's nothing more satisfying than starting out with nothing & in a couple hours see all your experimentation & exploration pay off. ThoseDon't Starve is the PERFECT game for the old-school gamer. Brutally tough in the beginning, no tutorial or guide, but after tinkering for a few hours you really start to feel like you're actually doing the one thing you're supposed to do...SURVIVE!!! There's nothing more satisfying than starting out with nothing & in a couple hours see all your experimentation & exploration pay off. Those new age gamers who rely completely on a hand-holding, "follow the arrow on screen" sort of experience will probably hate Don't Starve, and I LOVE it for that. Too many games in the modern era are dumbed down for the lowest common denominator & it's incredibly refreshing to see a game that's very clearly designed for the inventive & inquisitive mind!!! :)

The only drawback is there is no coop whatsoever & admittedly the first thing I wanted to do after learning things through hours of trial & error is share this info you have paid for with your life in many cases!! lol There is a desperate sense of loneliness that feeds into the atmosphere of the game wonderfully, although you are left feeling wanting of a partner to share in the despair...great game, awesome addition to the FREE GAME LIBRARY!!!!!
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    addictive with a side of painful. On my very first time playing this i died because i didn't get a fire up in time. On my second time around i starved (top lel). Every time i died i'd restart and start and just get better and better each time i'd collect things faster and faster and make it a little further and further each time. I really liked the art style and the sound track. The gameaddictive with a side of painful. On my very first time playing this i died because i didn't get a fire up in time. On my second time around i starved (top lel). Every time i died i'd restart and start and just get better and better each time i'd collect things faster and faster and make it a little further and further each time. I really liked the art style and the sound track. The game never ceases to surprise me almost every time i play i see something i didn't see before. Overall it's really enjoyable and challenging as long as you don't mind perma-death you should really get this game. Expand
  26. Jan 30, 2014
    If you want to know what it would be like to survive alone in a forest full of "monsters" then this game is for you , a pretty much perfect port of the pc version that plays quite well , you will need to work hard to survive and earn that XP to unlock different characters with different abilities like Speed & Strength , Graphicly i think it might have been able to run on a ps3 just fine ,If you want to know what it would be like to survive alone in a forest full of "monsters" then this game is for you , a pretty much perfect port of the pc version that plays quite well , you will need to work hard to survive and earn that XP to unlock different characters with different abilities like Speed & Strength , Graphicly i think it might have been able to run on a ps3 just fine , but the game does look decently good with cartoon like characters kind of reminding me of Corpse Bride the movie , the question is , will you be able to survive ? Expand
  27. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is amazing. I never owned don't starve on pc , but the beautiful graphics and addictive gameplay had me hooked the moment I pressed x (as in the button). At the moment I am playing as wolfgang and have made it to day 11 which is a new record for me. I've died about 30 times and have never even seen a bunnyman. Sometimes when you think you're just about to make it back to you'reThis game is amazing. I never owned don't starve on pc , but the beautiful graphics and addictive gameplay had me hooked the moment I pressed x (as in the button). At the moment I am playing as wolfgang and have made it to day 11 which is a new record for me. I've died about 30 times and have never even seen a bunnyman. Sometimes when you think you're just about to make it back to you're to base the darkness strikes. Other times you might anger a community of pigmen or get trapped by a bunch of tentacles. There are so many ways to die in this game that some times I it will make you want to beat up your console and throw it in the bin. I recommend this game to anyone that enjoys devastatingly difficult sand box survival games. How ever the game play can get quite tedious after a while. Expand
  28. Mar 8, 2014
    The game takes survival games to a whole new level, complete with Tim Burton-esque artistic themes everywhere.

The game's instructions are simple enough "Don't Starve." Well, it is a little more complicated than that. Don't starve. Or get eaten. Or get impaled. Or drown. And be very afraid of the dark. (And evil mushrooms are very very bad.) The game essentially has no rules outside of the constraints of the controls given to you.

I had the experience on the PS4 Console rendition of the game, and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. The first several times you play, you will find yourself solely learning the controls and basic principles of gameplay, which none are spelled out. This is not detrimental to the game, rather it is instrumental in setting up the atmosphere of the game.

There are a few quirks. A lot of time was taken to make the game deep enough for decent replay value. The game may tend to get a little repetitive at times, but the gameplay itself is smooth enough to make the experience an enjoyable one. Some will hate it, some will love the challenge it presents. It is a game that will try patience.

The game's inventory selections are not the best. The toolbars for inventory and crafting run in real time (more or less). The interaction seems to become frustrating after a while, especially once you have over 25 items and multiple places for storage. It is not something that hinders complete enjoyment of the game, but is cause for some slight frustration when you start to get time crunched later in the day cycle.

As an experience of a game, I give the game a huge thumbs up. I would highly recommend the game to anyone looking for something new. The game is a breathe of fresh air in the overcrowded military shooter market of modern consoles and is an indie game well worth the price of admission.
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    I played this game because I was bored and it was free from PS+ so I figured why not, wasn't really expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not only was the game fun and challenging but highly addictive. I started in sandbox mode and eventually played through all of adventure mode finishing the game. I found it much more satisfying finishing this game then most otherI played this game because I was bored and it was free from PS+ so I figured why not, wasn't really expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that not only was the game fun and challenging but highly addictive. I started in sandbox mode and eventually played through all of adventure mode finishing the game. I found it much more satisfying finishing this game then most other games in recent memory simply due to the fact that if you died it was over and there was no going back. It made the game much more challenging but very rewarding at the same time. This game may not be for everyone but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Expand
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    This was a really fun game for me. it kinda reminded me of minecraft when I first began to play but I really didn't care. Also it had a good art style and atmosphere. You must download this game on your ps4 because it's a good ps plus game and i'm glad I could get it for free.
  31. Apr 2, 2014
    My first two runs at Don't Starve had me worried that I wouldn't like it. If died after an hour of playing and lost everything, but the game was teaching me a lesson. It was teaching me how to survive. After playing this game for 40+ hours, it is one of my favorite PS4 games. It is incredibly deep. I'm still running into new enemies, new ways to play and survive. The only downsideMy first two runs at Don't Starve had me worried that I wouldn't like it. If died after an hour of playing and lost everything, but the game was teaching me a lesson. It was teaching me how to survive. After playing this game for 40+ hours, it is one of my favorite PS4 games. It is incredibly deep. I'm still running into new enemies, new ways to play and survive. The only downside for Don't Starve is the time investment it requires to get enjoyment out of the game. If you can sink some real hours into it, you will learn to love the game and how it teaches you to be smart and adapt. If you don't put in the time, you won't have a lot of fun with Don't Starve. Expand
  32. Aug 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "AHHHHHH! A queen Spider!!!" was my last words before i dies on day 63, my new record! Don't Starve is a fun indie game that i snagged for free as the free game of the month, but i would gladly pay full price for this survival scroller game. this game continues to surprise me. i left my base for 3 days and when i came back all the pigs were werepigs. some people don't appreciate this for what it is. this is loads of fun for everyone and i hope the multiplayer comes out soon because that would be amazing! great game defiantly a buy! Expand
  33. Oct 22, 2014
    Anyone who has ever become obsessed over something meaningless will understand the enjoyment that can be had from Don't Starve. While there are various stages to progress through as a form of story mode, the real fun is in surviving the sandbox world. There's always something to do, something else to find or build. Somewhere to explore. It's a game of setting small goals and working toAnyone who has ever become obsessed over something meaningless will understand the enjoyment that can be had from Don't Starve. While there are various stages to progress through as a form of story mode, the real fun is in surviving the sandbox world. There's always something to do, something else to find or build. Somewhere to explore. It's a game of setting small goals and working to achieve them without any real end in sight. It's a game of addictive nothingness, an existential time suck that leaves you satisfied with what you've accomplished, but no closer to actually accomplishing anything.

The flowery entry aside, the game is simply fun. The goal is, literally, don't starve. Build shelter, find food, set up a means of food production and find a way to not go insane alone in a dark and dangerous world. There's always something to do to help make your survival easier, or possible, as the game progresses and new challenges and enemies arise. You learn as you go, having to overcome obstacles on the fly and plan ahead as best you can to make sure you survive.

There are a range of items to research in the games which will require you to collect increasingly more difficult to find materials. There are two main categories for your survival: hunger for which you try to create a sustainable source of food, and sanity for which you work to find ways to ward off loneliness and delusions by keeping yourself grounded or social (and by social I mean hanging around groups of pigmen). There is also a large world to explore (based on how you set the game to generate the world) with various biomes and materials.

To go into more detail is to really ruin the fun of the game, learning and doing better each time. The game is roguelike, so when you die you start over from scratch when playing in sandbox mode, though there are ways to ensure you are revived when you die. Those means are rare and one time uses, but they do allow you to provide a safety valve so you won't lose all your hardwork on one mistake. Dying and having to start over can be frustrating, especially if you've built up an area for yourself and gathered a lot of resources, but each time I would say I can do better, I'm smarter this time, I've learned more tricks and I would delve back in.

The graphics are stylistically excellent. I've always been one for cell shaded and hand drawn graphics. Anyone who has played Deathspank will be familiar with the hand drawn 2D/3D look to the game, though Don't Starve isn't nearly as bright and cheery, nor look quite as nice as Deathspank does. The sounds are basic, and mostly utilitarian to alert you to things happening in the game. There is no voice acting. This isn't a game you play for its presentation, though if you enjoy hand drawn graphics you will like the look.

If you're looking for a game with an involved story and metered goals Don't Starve isn't for you. While there is a campaign mode of sorts in Don't Starve the sandbox mode is where the game shines, as the story mode is a series of smaller sandbox modes with additional challenges added in. Don't starve is about testing your ability to learn and plan for the worst. It's the video game equivalent of being thrown into the wild and told to survive. You create your own goals and your own plan for how best to accomplish that and work toward those self-made goals.

If what I've described sounds appealing to you, then you will get a lot of mileage out of the game and it would be worth the purchase and I would recommend getting the Reign of Giants expansions as well. If it doesn't sound fun to you, then you'd be wasting your money. Don't Starve is definitely a niche game, but there's a lot to love if you're the right person.
  34. Dec 28, 2014
    Great Art style. Its great to see developers pushing something so boldly.

I really love that there are no tutorials, you just have to figure things out on your own, it makes the process more engaging this way, though it may be discouraging for some players who are used to being hand held.

Great work Klei Entertainment
  35. Jan 19, 2015
    I've been playing this game since it was first released in Google and I'm so happy I stumbled upon it then. Yes, it is repetitive to a certain point, but the struggle of surviving through the seasons and mysterious creatures that haunt you throughout your survival scenario leaves you in a place of wanting more. People that gave this a low review probably don't understand or have theI've been playing this game since it was first released in Google and I'm so happy I stumbled upon it then. Yes, it is repetitive to a certain point, but the struggle of surviving through the seasons and mysterious creatures that haunt you throughout your survival scenario leaves you in a place of wanting more. People that gave this a low review probably don't understand or have the patience for a game like this but still it's not for everyone and that's understandable. You'll no after day 10 if the game is for you or not since that is when the game starts to change for it and you as well. Expand
  36. Feb 24, 2015
    Brilliant game, fascinating gameplay, unique world design, addictive survival sim. I love this game, even as it punishes me by being rogue-like (not my personal favorite design choice, but essential for this game, and the game overcomes it even for me).

I'm still too scared to risk living in the caves for long though...
  37. Mar 2, 2015
    This game is fantastic. Beautiful art. The "no directions" design and leaving everything to discover makes a good game. Only lazy people or Intellectually poor don't like this game. The permadeath is fine, being punished for dying is good for a good game. If you don't like dying, better play Prince of persia 2008.
  38. Mar 6, 2015
    This is a super addictive indie survival game with loads of hours to be played. If you're looking for something that gives a 'bang for your buck' this is it.
  39. Oct 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never been stressed and relaxed at the same time until I played this game.

As indie titles go this is a really great game.

You will enjoy this game this little bit more if you enjoy games in which you can grow your beard.
  40. Nov 14, 2015
    Klei Entertainment did it again. Don't Starve is definitely the best rogue-like game I ever played. The art direction is awesome and the game design is genius. Cherry on the cake : the controls on gamepad are perfect.
  41. Aug 27, 2016
    For ages i passed by this game without giving it a second look. I thought to myself it looks boring, a game that never ends( till you die that is) and not worth the 11.99 pounds it was asking. Till it went on offer for the third time and i had nothing else to play so i thought why not and i was amazed how robust this game is, from the gameplay to the story to the art style and theFor ages i passed by this game without giving it a second look. I thought to myself it looks boring, a game that never ends( till you die that is) and not worth the 11.99 pounds it was asking. Till it went on offer for the third time and i had nothing else to play so i thought why not and i was amazed how robust this game is, from the gameplay to the story to the art style and the soundtrack. I love the fact that it doesn't give you a tutorial to begin with. You just start off on a randomly generated world and you have to figure out what to do which i liked because i was using my brain instead of the game holding my hand through it. if you like survival games then pick this up its well worth the price of 11.99. I've had more fun with this game than i have with a lot of triple a titles. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Feb 27, 2014
    Great games have a simple concept and message. Don’t Starve will leave you feeling full. [March 2014, p78]
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    Don't Starve is a tremendously addictive game where the fight for the survival, mixed with exploring several places with its own magic, throw the player into searching every corner of the map. However, it is extremely hard from the very beginning, so there will be many players thinking twice before going on with their adventures.
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    Probably not a game for everyone. The pace can at times be very low, and the developers could've thrown in more surprises. But it's a title that is hard to put down once you've gotten into it.