7.1

1. Jan 7, 2014
    Smooth, just as fun as PC, beautiful and plays incredibly well on the Dual Shock 4! The control scheme surprising works perfectly! 10/10! This game is the start of a line-up of indie games that had me choosing the PS4 over the XBone. You guy's over at Klei did a fantastic job when you made this game a reality! Sony you have helped make it an amazing console version that runs unbelievable well. So much fun in such a gorgeously wrapped FREE gift from Sony! Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    This survival game is a great change of pace for the PS4 offering tense yet entertaining gameplay. Don't starve, don't get killed and don't go crazy. The longer you survive, the more things you find out about this strange world. Will you learn fast enough to survive? Play and find out!
  3. Jan 8, 2014
    Great game with a simple goal, survive. Don't Starve is incredibly fun and addicting to play. As you go on you learn more about how to play the game and each death leaves you wanting to get back into the game and keep playing.
  4. Jan 8, 2014
    Fantastic game with a cool looking comic book style that runs just as well if not better on ps4 than it did on PC.

Klei have included every update from the PC game day one on the ps4 version, to top it all off it you have fantastic remote play optimisation.

I will go as far as to say its the best game currently on ps4.
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    At first glance I thought Don't Starve looked a waste of time. I've been wrong before. The game is actually pretty fun. The goal is simple, survive. Collect materials to craft tools and other thing that will ultimately help keep you alive. The layout of the HUD is nice and simple and it didn't take long for me to understand just how to survive.. You start off with nothing. You collect stuff and work day by day to survive. I haven't played much yet, My longest survival was 7 days so far. The enemies are all unique from giant spiders to long legged, one eye birds that will murder you if you take their eggs(earned that the hard way). There is no real story to speak of.
    There isn't to much more to say really. The game as a pretty dark mood to it. The gameplay is addictive, and the visual for this game are great. I wish it would go more n depth with the story though. The video at the beginning didn't make any sense. I look forward to playing this game a lot more.
  6. Jan 8, 2014
    At first I expected to get bored of this game, as I've never really tried 'perma death/ trial & error'' type games. But I was totally wrong. The reward for figuring things out is great, much better than ''Follow icon' type games. I absolutely love the art style & music. I've laughed & generally jumped whilst playing the game. 5 hours just vanished while I was playing the game, I just can't stop playing. It's now the game I play the most on PS4. I got it free via PS+, but I might grab a bit of merch just so I can support the developers! Great game, highly recommended :D Expand
  7. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a challenging, no-holding-hands, punishing, rogue-like survival game, make no mistake. No guidance is given, and for me, that is a strength. So is the unique art style. Once you accept this punishing aspect, and the fact that you need to constantly be aware of and explore your environment and meticulously track your supplies, and that to succeed you need to do these things over and over, alongside the excellent exploratory nature of the land, the game really opens up and is fun for those who like that sort of thing. Expand
  8. Jan 9, 2014
    Fantastic game, really nice to play something unique and its a nice break from the usual games I play. People voting it with 0's are just silly fanboys so please ignore that. I really recommend you give this game a try! Its relatively cheap on PSN or free for PS+ so no reason not to
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    Don't starve is a very addicting, mysterious, and haunting game. It has a very unique and charming look to it, and the gameplay is challenging and fun. I've put hours into it and I'm still hooked.
  10. Jan 15, 2014
    Ok, Before Don't Starve came out I thought it looked terrible. I never seen any PC gameplay so the PS4 version was a first for me.
    Downloaded it because I am a plus subscriber and its free, Because of my first opinion just based on how the game looked I don't think I would ever have paid for it.

Wow, How wrong I was. The first 5-10 minutes on the game I hated it, I died and didn't
    really know what I was doing. I took off what monsters I could on settings and had another play. Now, Im loving it. Ive got the hang of the game after about 1 hour and Its super addictive.

All I need to do now is unlock Wes and Maxwell, Wes is near impossible to find. Only 0.1% of people have unlocked him. Ive been searching adventure mode for days now. And Maxwell, I think I can unlock but I want to find Wes first.

Honestly, I seriously hope the developers for Don't Starve make another game as I would be one of the first people to download it.
    Great Game, and I think the people who are moaning about a small game like this need to realise that the PS4 is still a brand new console. We are not going to receive Assassins Creed 4 for free anytime soon. Please get a grip.
    I loved Resogun, Contrast and now Don't Starve. Sony Keep up the good work, And don't let the adult babies cloud your judgement on what games the fans want because right now its going perfect.... for me anyway.

Im giving Don't Starve a 9, as it has a lot of replay value and I really enjoy it. Just not a 10 because I can't find Wes.

BTW I rate Indie games 0-10 on an indie game basis, AAA titles have a different 0-1 score because obviously Don't Starve is not in the same league as the likes of GTA5, The Last of Us etc.
  11. Jan 24, 2014
    Anyone who see's this game as a 'mini game' doesn't understand it. this game is huge and expansive and a great pick up and play game out during the down time.
  12. Apr 2, 2014
    This game is crazy-awesomely-difficult. It takes time to seriously learn how to survive in this game. The art and music are amazing and the overall aesthetic in the game is phenomenal. My GF and I have been playing this game all week and its the most played game on our PS4. If you stay away from just reading EVERYTHING off Wiki's and invest some time in this game you will have a lot of game here. The game is about exploration and learning and it succeeds in this department in spades. Expand
  13. Jan 13, 2014
    Don't Starve is the PERFECT game for the old-school gamer. Brutally tough in the beginning, no tutorial or guide, but after tinkering for a few hours you really start to feel like you're actually doing the one thing you're supposed to do...SURVIVE!!! There's nothing more satisfying than starting out with nothing & in a couple hours see all your experimentation & exploration pay off. Those new age gamers who rely completely on a hand-holding, "follow the arrow on screen" sort of experience will probably hate Don't Starve, and I LOVE it for that. Too many games in the modern era are dumbed down for the lowest common denominator & it's incredibly refreshing to see a game that's very clearly designed for the inventive & inquisitive mind!!! :)

The only drawback is there is no coop whatsoever & admittedly the first thing I wanted to do after learning things through hours of trial & error is share this info you have paid for with your life in many cases!! lol There is a desperate sense of loneliness that feeds into the atmosphere of the game wonderfully, although you are left feeling wanting of a partner to share in the despair...great game, awesome addition to the FREE GAME LIBRARY!!!!!
  14. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is amazing. I never owned don't starve on pc , but the beautiful graphics and addictive gameplay had me hooked the moment I pressed x (as in the button). At the moment I am playing as wolfgang and have made it to day 11 which is a new record for me. I've died about 30 times and have never even seen a bunnyman. Sometimes when you think you're just about to make it back to you're to base the darkness strikes. Other times you might anger a community of pigmen or get trapped by a bunch of tentacles. There are so many ways to die in this game that some times I it will make you want to beat up your console and throw it in the bin. I recommend this game to anyone that enjoys devastatingly difficult sand box survival games. How ever the game play can get quite tedious after a while. Expand
  15. Jan 13, 2014
    A very well-made game with a great artwork. This game is one of the best survival games out there! The idea of having to survive by hunting animals for food, growing your own crops, avoiding or fighting monsters, and having to go through extreme weather conditions makes this game very complete in the area of survival games. It is really fun to play and keeps the player entertained a lot. The only thing this game is missing is a co-op-split screen mode so that one can enjoy the game much more by playing it with friends and family having to help each other for survival, this will unleash the game's full potential and make the game much bigger in the market. Expand

1. Great games have a simple concept and message. Don’t Starve will leave you feeling full. [March 2014, p78]
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    Don't Starve is a tremendously addictive game where the fight for the survival, mixed with exploring several places with its own magic, throw the player into searching every corner of the map. However, it is extremely hard from the very beginning, so there will be many players thinking twice before going on with their adventures.
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    Probably not a game for everyone. The pace can at times be very low, and the developers could've thrown in more surprises. But it's a title that is hard to put down once you've gotten into it.