• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 7, 2014
5.9

1. Oct 7, 2014
    What can you say , that has not been said before, the last time I was very excited about a racing game, was probably GT3 , and maybe Forza horizon 4 , nonetheless , after playing for a few hours , I was a bit impressed , then reality set in , is just another average racing game , I came in expecting something similar to PGR , and was presented with just boring track design , carsWhat can you say , that has not been said before, the last time I was very excited about a racing game, was probably GT3 , and maybe Forza horizon 4 , nonetheless , after playing for a few hours , I was a bit impressed , then reality set in , is just another average racing game , I came in expecting something similar to PGR , and was presented with just boring track design , cars barely show damage , the game just looks plain , with no variety in colors , I do like the night stages , also The game feels to arcade , give me the option to make it simulated , like in the Forza series , overall , I did enjoyed it , but is nothing special , This game will be forgotten within weeks.

After plying it for a few hours I came expecting something similar to PGR ,
  2. Oct 11, 2014
    So I've played it for a bit more and now I understand what this game is. As a realistic driving game, it doesn't do a very good job because the way the cars handle is far from how they would handle in real life. As a fun racing game it does the job well for more casual racers.

It does this because it is much easier to get into, learn how to throw the car around the track and have a fun racing experience that does not involve staring at a holographic racing line waiting for it to turn red. This is thanks to the short braking distances, so you don't have to spend half an hour learning the brake points of each track so you don't go blundering into a gravel pit if you brake 50m too close to a turn (which isn't even possible in DC, thanks to invisible walls). So in DriveClub you would learn a track and have fun with it in 4 minutes, while in say F1 2013 you'd have to spend up to an hour to learn the track and tweak your car before you can really set some lap times.

So for a game to get casual gamers a taste of the thrill of racing, this game succeeds... initially.

Unfortunately the single player mode is really poor for a racing game - you basically either do races, drift events and time trials and complete objectives to get 3 stars in each event. Compared to Codemasters racing games, this career mode is just rubbish. In TOCA you race multiple championships, each a different racing series - V8 supercars, street racing, open wheelers, rally, German touring cars (DTM) and classic cars to name a few. In Dirt 3 there are also different types of events - Rally stages in Finland, Norway, Kenya, Monaco, Michigan, rallycross, Trailblazer events with insanely fast and dangerous cars, Buggies, Trophy trucks and Gymkhana, and the tracks are challenging and extremely rewarding when you do a run without a mistake. In F1 there's a full season career mode where for each race you have practice sessions to learn the track, tweak your car and drive until your lap times are on par with the AI's. Then there are the qualifying sessions where you have to drive your best to get a good grid spot which could mean the difference between a race result of 15th or 1st. Then you have the actual race that could last from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours which is a test of endurance not to make a mistake and consistently drive fast, and there's pit stops so you have to manage your tyres. Then there's DriveClub's career mode, where you drive similar tracks in either a hot hatch, a sports car or a supercar, and there's three objectives to do. And you'd have finished it in 10 or so hours.

For a racing game focussing on non-racing cars, its car list very small, which is made much worse because it is not diverse at all.

For the few multiplayer races I did, every race I was spun out, and in the end I didn't have a good impression from it.

Doing the face-off challenges are fun, but it kinda feels like i'm wasting time driving the same stretch of road repeatedly, while I could be doing so much more in other racing games I have.

I'll give it a 7/10, because that's what it would probably feel like for the people this game is suited for. However I'm not going to play this game much because it made me realise I can have a better experience in other racing games that I already have.
  3. Oct 31, 2014
    I don't know why but I have been having trouble playing this game since launch.. There is something very wrong with the server or something for this game.. Disconnects all the time etc..

From what I have played the game is not a very good racing simulator that we were all promised. It's pretty to look at, but the cars do not feel right and the braking in this game is awful.. This

This game was not ready to be released albeit it was delayed twice already.. This game promised so much and delivered so little.

I do not see how anyone can give a perfect score or a high score to a game that doesn't work properly.. It's an unfinished project and we as consumers must put a stop to these kind of practices..

Also... Sony needs to fix their damn network, it is a paid for service now, there is no excuse for PSN to be down every week.. Sony, you will not get a free pass with me this time, put some money into your network, the free games are great and all, but that does me no good when I want to play online.
  4. Oct 7, 2014
    Well, players who seek for simulating racing-or even semi simulating racing - will not love this game at all, however the graphic is absolutely Amazing compared to any racing game I have played before, this game is aimed to be played by casual players , it is easy and will not need any skill at all, the drifting is really bad ( almost no drifting at all ) and the multiplayer mode is reallyWell, players who seek for simulating racing-or even semi simulating racing - will not love this game at all, however the graphic is absolutely Amazing compared to any racing game I have played before, this game is aimed to be played by casual players , it is easy and will not need any skill at all, the drifting is really bad ( almost no drifting at all ) and the multiplayer mode is really crap, for me I think Forza 2 is better than Driveclub in SO MANY ways "except for graphics" . Expand
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    When I first reviewed Driceclub I gave it a 3 due to the many flaws and bugs within the game. But after Evolution Studios continued to update the game I can happily say I now enjoy Driveclub this is one of the best racers I have played in years. The graphics is stunning and the detail Inside and outside is incredible you can truly see the great work evolution studio did in the graphicsWhen I first reviewed Driceclub I gave it a 3 due to the many flaws and bugs within the game. But after Evolution Studios continued to update the game I can happily say I now enjoy Driveclub this is one of the best racers I have played in years. The graphics is stunning and the detail Inside and outside is incredible you can truly see the great work evolution studio did in the graphics department.

The car detail is just as impressive and I keep getting drawn back to stunning visuals in this game having played forza horizon 2 I can say with pride that Driveclub simply beats Forza Horizon 2 in the graphics and visuals department. there may not be as many cars but hey you won't mind the lack of cars because you will enjoy the driving mechanics of the game and yes the controls is amazing.

The game finally feels complete and polished and I'm looking forward to playing Driveclub for many hours this is truly one amazing racing experience
  6. Oct 9, 2014
    This game was delayed and it still isn't that great. It still feels incomplete to me. No car customization, unrealistic driving simulation, even the car engine noise sounds wrong. The only thing this game has going for it is it's graphics. But graphics can't make up for a poor game. This was supposed to rival Forza. So disappointed. I give it a very generous 3.
  7. Oct 8, 2014
    I am shocked that we waited through almost a full 12 month delay to get this game. Need For Speed Rivals is a better game and it came out in 2013. The car handling is bad, the graphics are only so-so and they don't have rain?!? They are going to have to patch rain/weather in later?!? Uh, that is a complete miss and something that is unacceptable. I am sorry I wasted money on this game.
  8. Oct 7, 2014
    Very good graphics and decent gameplay, but where is the dynamic weather system? They had plenty of time with all the delays and then they still release it unfinished? Microsoft made two good racing games in that time and they finished their job. Kind of disappinting, i will wait for the patch before i spent my money.
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    No customization, very few tracks, poor physics and god-awful servers contribute to this games piteous score of 3/10. 50 Cars would have been okay if they were all individual and unique, and didn't sound like a cross between a vacuum cleaner and an overheating computer. There is also no first person view, and the AI is crap. The only reason this isn't a 0, is because the graphics are trulyNo customization, very few tracks, poor physics and god-awful servers contribute to this games piteous score of 3/10. 50 Cars would have been okay if they were all individual and unique, and didn't sound like a cross between a vacuum cleaner and an overheating computer. There is also no first person view, and the AI is crap. The only reason this isn't a 0, is because the graphics are truly amazing! Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2014
    The game isn't awful, but it's not great. It's one of the best looking games I've ever seen, but, sadly, there's really not much content. It is disappointing because, given the extra time they had to work with it, I thought it would be great. It feels like a tech demo for the PlayStation 4's power, but rarely evokes a higher feeling.
  11. Oct 7, 2014
    If you like plain and simple racing then this is for you. There is no fuss or messing around, just get straight in and race solo or create your own club with friends and challenge each other or the world. The gameplay and A.I are solid, the handling is a good mix of sim/arcade and the graphics are the best in town. I can't wait to download the weather system update, it already looks incredible.
  12. Oct 7, 2014
    Wow, what a handling! It reminds me of good old PGR times and the handling feels just right! The same goes for the graphics and the sound. Especially the sound is amazingly good!

Only letdown: No private lobbies :( But they will add them with a patch
  13. Oct 7, 2014
    Great arcade racer reminiscent of PGR that achieves everything it sets out to do while looking beautiful at the same time. One of few racing games that gives you a real sense of speed while playing.
  14. Oct 7, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative user reviews like from that **** adrenilinmatt. Just xbox fan boy trolls trying to get their worthless 2 cents in. Game is great, graphics are fantastic and it's just an overall well done racing game.
  15. Oct 18, 2014
    This game is all about sliding around the track in glossy bumper cars. There no aspect of realism. The multiplayer races are horrendeous if you are into the skill and tactics side of racing. There is no incentive to drive clean. In fact the best way to get in front is to elbow your way by ramming into other cars and sides of the track. For me this game was a huge dissappoinment.
  16. Oct 7, 2014
    Driveclub is perhaps the most fun I've had in a racing game in years. The fast-paced racing that amplifies as you upgrade from vehicle to vehicle will get even the most lifeless person's adrenaline pumping. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking alongside the topnotch sound quality inducing an hyperactive sense of immersion that can not be felt by merely watching gameplay alone butDriveclub is perhaps the most fun I've had in a racing game in years. The fast-paced racing that amplifies as you upgrade from vehicle to vehicle will get even the most lifeless person's adrenaline pumping. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking alongside the topnotch sound quality inducing an hyperactive sense of immersion that can not be felt by merely watching gameplay alone but actually playing yourself. It provides the realistic graphics of a sim and combines it with the addictive and enjoyable gameplay of a solid arcade racer. The multiplayer is the driving focus of the game but theere is tons of fun to be had in the tour and challenge modes. Since the game is so socially driven, you are never actually feeling alone even away from your club thanks to neat time and performance challenges set by other players that pop up at certain points during the games tour mode. Just give the free PS+ version a shot and you will see what I am talking about, and then buy this awesome game. 10/10 Expand
  17. Oct 7, 2014
    Free for PSN+ users? Awesome, I can play with all of my friends without asking them to buy it. I will spend a lot of hours without spending any extra money.
  18. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of the best racing games Ive ever played. Excellent visuals, rigid driving model, tons of fun in multiplayer, innovative social features. What else do you need? It's all here.
  19. Oct 8, 2014
    This game was done very poorly. I used to race and these feel nothing like it. The handling is very horrible on these cars. The only bright spot was the graphics but even that is at 30fps. No car tuning either...you got to be kidding. Was just done very poorly. Handling is the biggest thing. So looking forward to Project Cars.
  20. Oct 7, 2014
    Ok first No tuning for the cars in a car game?, only 50 cars no japonese cars, visuals are good yeah, but I prefer better content and better gameplay.
  21. Oct 12, 2014
    After a bit more time with the game and after properly comparing it with its competitors. I have adjusted my review. It should really be a bit lower given the fact the online is non existent but I did get to play a little before it broke. If you only have a PS4 then this is a passable racer if you own an xbox one then just get Forza Horizon 2.
  22. Oct 7, 2014
    The game is not even finished, WTF? I can't believe I even preordered this **** It's a rehash of PGR. **** this. The graphics are nice but there is no depth. Physics are off. I thought we would get upgradable car parts and stuff but we just have decals and paints for customization. I would pass on this one if you haven't bought it yet.
  23. Oct 7, 2014
    So this is the "Forza Killer" they were talking about? Half the game is missing and may or may not be available come December patch. Graphics are the only thing good about this game. Missing the loads of content that makes good gameplay. Servers stink and don't work. 50 cars ONLY! Eh...Not a fan.
  24. Oct 7, 2014
    This game just released. From the first few hours I've had with it I am really impressed with the graphics and the more I play, the more I need to beat my friends times on the leaderboards. There are a lot of little details that come together to make this game shine. The cars feel like they have weight behind them and the handling models for each car is different but suitable to the car.This game just released. From the first few hours I've had with it I am really impressed with the graphics and the more I play, the more I need to beat my friends times on the leaderboards. There are a lot of little details that come together to make this game shine. The cars feel like they have weight behind them and the handling models for each car is different but suitable to the car. The cockpit view is stellar and all of the social aspects that integrate leaderboards and challenges is quite nice for competitive players. This game brings me back to PGR which was a great game in its own right.

Driveclub seems to capture what some more sterile racing games haven't, the social aspect. The graphics are incredible. There are some flaws though. There are only 51 cars which isn't many. The car selection is great though from street cars to supers. There are no official tracks from the real world but locals are quite vibrant, detailed and interesting enough. I give this game an 8/10 because it was really hyped up and was delayed. It really should have been available at launch but this game rivals Forza. Forza is more realistic but this game is more fun.
  25. Oct 7, 2014
    The graphics alone make this game worthy of a purchase. Absolute eye candy. The lighting effects are on a new level I've never seen in games before. The sound is also better quality than I've heard on previous generation consoles.

The different views for the cars are another major highlight. There's 6 of them .Each one has a proper use. The in car views are hands down best views I've ever used.

While there are no real world tracks, the tracks they've made are among the best layouts I've played. There's also a few that get too twisty for their own good.....the AI is not afraid to run you over.

This game should have instant replay. That's a major detraction. I also wish there was a way to assign paint to a single car instead of 4 paints to apply to all cars.
  26. Oct 7, 2014
    Driveclub is a beautiful racing simulator that values the art and science of the race over the drama and theatrics that often make racing so appealing. While the game lacks in certain areas, namely in their complete lack of real collision dynamics, the overall racing experience is one of sublime enjoyment.
  27. Oct 7, 2014
    An extremely generic game brings no innovation, much HYPE for little game, I pre-ordered and released only part of the game, do not have access to photomode, the game is linear, you can not leave the track, where the level of realism? Poor and badly done, too late and delivered less. Could be better.
  28. Oct 7, 2014
    Dramatically over-hyped in my opinion. A shame really, I was looking forward to this one. Luckily, Sony was quick to offer a refund when I contacted them. If you're a fan of Gran Turismo games, this is nothing like that. I suggest you stay away from this one.

Cons: -You can't customize any of the mere 50 cars the game has. -The graphics aren't nearly as good as advertised. -There's

Cons:
    -You can't customize any of the mere 50 cars the game has.
    -The graphics aren't nearly as good as advertised.
    -There's no music when you drive.
    -There's no sense of reward - you get great cars at the start.
    -None of the tracks are real.
    -The game is WAY too easy. Without much effort, I came in first place on my first two races.
    -The online servers appear unreliable. The game just launched and I can't get online.
  29. Oct 7, 2014
    physics garbage , only 50 cars , no car customization , invisible walls , no realistic damage , no rain , poor sounds , brakes feels like parachutes instantly stop , after playing for a few hours, i was a bit disappointed.
  30. Oct 7, 2014
    Best looking driving game ever, makes a great usage of social features with potential to provide challenges for a long period of time. It may feel a bit short of content, but in a couple of months or so it will receive a couple of things that will be very well appreciated, plus free cars and tracks for the coming months. It's a good idea to have the PS Plus version to increase theBest looking driving game ever, makes a great usage of social features with potential to provide challenges for a long period of time. It may feel a bit short of content, but in a couple of months or so it will receive a couple of things that will be very well appreciated, plus free cars and tracks for the coming months. It's a good idea to have the PS Plus version to increase the community and provide extra fun. Expand
  31. Oct 7, 2014
    If you are expecting Grand Turismo or Forza - do not buy this game. That should be printed on the front packaging of it in giant bold letters. So I bought this on pre-order and could not wait to get home and play it, my oh my how disappointed I was. To start it really doesn't look that great - yeah it is pretty, but to my eyes it is no better than Forza 5. The cars themselves look great,If you are expecting Grand Turismo or Forza - do not buy this game. That should be printed on the front packaging of it in giant bold letters. So I bought this on pre-order and could not wait to get home and play it, my oh my how disappointed I was. To start it really doesn't look that great - yeah it is pretty, but to my eyes it is no better than Forza 5. The cars themselves look great, the cockpit views are fabulous - but the sounds are RUBBISH. The developers went on and on about how much work went into the sound recordings, but seriously inside the cars it was a muffled mess. The damage physics are also a joke, with minor scrapes about all you can expect.

Driving physics are alright, it is certainly more arcade than anything else.... it felt responsive and good enough to enjoy. The gameplay on the other hand - rubbish. You get penalised for when an idiot AI rams you, I mean seriously?! And if you go off track for more than 3 seconds - you're reset. What?!

And the cars.... whilst there is not a huge list, there is NO customisation to them... nothing. Zip. Nadda. You cannot even tune them or upgrade parts.... this in a car game? I can't believe that those options are not available.

So in closing - I have returned this game after playing it for a few hours and deciding it was not for me. If you are looking for something that is an easy get in and drive - this is the game for you, if you're expecting anything further than that - DO NOT BUY IT.
  32. Oct 7, 2014
    I don't believe this, it's linear, the physics are terrible , no realistic damage , , poor sounds , brakes lock instantly halting the car, no car tuning options etc, only able to customize the drivers head !!!, the graphics are ok but where are the graphics I saw before release ?,I haven't found anything like those.
    Overall a very disappointing average racing game that I will not be going
    Overall a very disappointing average racing game that I will not be going back to.
  33. Oct 7, 2014
    this is my most enjoyable racing game & I don't like racing games at all.The gfx are insanely good and photo realistic.& the fact that it's free is major thing.Try it out,u won't lose anything
  34. Oct 7, 2014
    eh... so disappointing, great graphics actually, but the driving is more arcade than sim, and the game has so few features, lots of tracks though. only 50 cars, which is like... i mean, that's almost nothing now days. you should only rent this, at most.
  35. Oct 7, 2014
    Best racing game so far.
    Best racing game so far.
    It is beautiful. The day/night cycle is just excelent, at night the shadows when your lights illuminates other cars, when the sun rises or sets. It is the best looking racing game in history. The landscape is feels so real, almost like you are really there. The races are exciting, the AI is agressive and really makes your work hard. There is no easy race in the game, every race is a challange. You can't just overtake everyone in the first corner, you need to fight for every place. It is like you are playing against other players. Mentioning other players, the game is fully social. You can challange other players and you can beat other players records at any time in a race. They appear randomly so even if you can't finnish first, you can beat someone so your race is not useless.
    I gave the game 10 points just because of the Xbox fanboys who gave 0's, the game is a very strong 9/10.
  36. Oct 7, 2014
    The best graphic i have ever seen in a racing game,the cars feels good,and handles well. The carsound is incredible. If you only like simulators,this is not the game for you,but if you like arcade,this game is as close to perfect,that you can get :)
  37. Oct 7, 2014
    I've never really been a driving game fan, but this game makes me wonder if i've been missing something all these years. Visually it's breathtaking, I honestly have never seen any game, driving or not, that looks this good. Quite amazing. The gameplay is very rewarding and moreish, I picked it up and intended to play it for 10 minutes or so (it's my brother's game) and that was 3 hoursI've never really been a driving game fan, but this game makes me wonder if i've been missing something all these years. Visually it's breathtaking, I honestly have never seen any game, driving or not, that looks this good. Quite amazing. The gameplay is very rewarding and moreish, I picked it up and intended to play it for 10 minutes or so (it's my brother's game) and that was 3 hours ago, I have just stopped to take a break. If I was to criticize it at all I would say that the online game mode needs some extra features, but i'm sure that will come in time. Expand
  38. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics of the game is what makes it appealing mostly. The driving is actually pretty responsive and the handling for each car is different which makes the game actually fun when unlocking new cars. Wish it was open world but its track offer different styles of play whether you want to speed up on straight aways or test your turning skills.
  39. Oct 7, 2014
    The game is very linear, weak songs and a few cars ... get bored very fast, it may be that with the updates is likely to improve and maybe go out in plus ... but for now do not recommend buying this game, when you have Projects Cars and The Crew.
  40. Oct 7, 2014
    Erm, So, Driveclub. The game looks rather dashing in all its HD splendour, but that is as deep as the satisfaction of playing the game goes unfortunately. It all becomes rather droll after you realise that the roster of cars is severely limited, there is neigh on any customization in sight and the gameplay is more akin to mario cart than an arcade racer based in reality. Look to theErm, So, Driveclub. The game looks rather dashing in all its HD splendour, but that is as deep as the satisfaction of playing the game goes unfortunately. It all becomes rather droll after you realise that the roster of cars is severely limited, there is neigh on any customization in sight and the gameplay is more akin to mario cart than an arcade racer based in reality. Look to the Horizon *wink for your arcade racing needs. If you are unfortunately a PS only gamer your best bet would be to see how the crew pans out and perhaps give that a go. Expand
  41. Oct 7, 2014
    Conducción Excelente, un gran trabajo por parte de Sony, probablemente uno de los mejores juegos de autos que he podido probar,con las actualizaciones sera aún mejor
  42. Oct 7, 2014
    Amazingly boring, there's nothing in this game that is done right, maybe the graphics, but no what i would expect of this generation, i'll wait for a gran turismo, maybe then sony makes my time and money worth.
  43. Oct 7, 2014
    If your a fan of old classic drift racers like Ridge Racer (when it was good) Metropolis Street Racer and Project Gotham Racing then get ready for a blast from the past with DriveClub! A common misconception it that DC is a sim, probably because of it's beautiful realistic visuals when in fact it's a drift style arcade racer with bonus points given for racing without running into otherIf your a fan of old classic drift racers like Ridge Racer (when it was good) Metropolis Street Racer and Project Gotham Racing then get ready for a blast from the past with DriveClub! A common misconception it that DC is a sim, probably because of it's beautiful realistic visuals when in fact it's a drift style arcade racer with bonus points given for racing without running into other racers, hitting walls, cornering well (Think PGR Kudos system). If you arn't into drift type racing games you'll want to pick cars with low drift capabilities. That's just means that they will grip the road better and you won't have to slide into turns so much (think Ridge Racers Drift cars vs Grip cars) As of this writing the games online feature wasn't available but unless they really drop the ball with online I don't see why did wouldn't add to the replayability in spades. Any fanboys who want to rip on this game is kind of funny because if this was called PGR 5 (exclusive) for Xbox one they would be universally praising it as a great alternative for people who don't care for Forza Horizons 2 ( another great game) Open world racing. It's a shame that the weather and photo mode will be patched in later but at least it's free, this is a solid new IP who's extra year of development was well spent. Solid 8/10 Expand
  44. Oct 7, 2014
    Poor play and linear, if skidding off the track, your car is reset, that made all the graphs were created realism thrown in the trash, the game does not give you the freedom to do anything, everything follows a line. Worthy of two generations past.
  45. Oct 7, 2014
    This game is garbage!!! Arcade racing, no replays, no damage, no physics, no wheel support, invisible walls.etc, etc This is fail. This game recommended only for little kids.
  46. Oct 7, 2014
    Excellent game, game of the year! The graphics are simply stunning and i like all the social aspect of the game aswell. This game is a must buy for any ps4 owner
  47. Oct 7, 2014
    Game feels incomplete. It's not fun to play and the tracks feel empty. No track life, no weather, clubs was not working. Looks good in some places - tunnels, some lighting, fireworks. Other places look unfinished (damage, grass). I would not recommend this game as a PS4 owner.
  48. Oct 7, 2014
    A stunning game without parallel, if FH2 was on PS4 itb would get steamrolled by this superior racer. Its a shame this game has been targeted by xbox fools who have nothing better to do because they baught a piece of **** This has been the most coordinated and sustained attack on a videogame I have ever seen and is a testament to how microsoft has poisoned the gaming industry.
  49. Oct 7, 2014
    Just bought a PS4 last week, and Driveclub today, if you're a racing fan make sure to get this, it wont disappoint!
    I'm enjoying it very much, and the graphical detail in this game is absolutely unbelievable, this has to be the best looking game ever made.
    I would be very angry if I didn't own a PS4 and only a Xboxone of PC and I weren't able to try this out.
  50. Oct 7, 2014
    Great game, its addicting and will have you playimg tryimg to beat records. The graphics are gorgeous, the tracks are great. This game is worth it. If you are a fan of cars you get to race todayas most exotic cars, this is the game for you.
  51. Oct 7, 2014
    Pefect sound design, graphics, car handling, social/online features with great replay value... It is the spiritual successor of PGR, the IP that sadly MS ditched in favor of the much inferior Forza. Now that gap is filled by Drivclub.
  52. Mar 9, 2015
    This game is excellent.Despite the problems that the game faced at its launch,Evolution Studios managed to improve the game by means of updates and this game is for now the best racing game exclusively on ps4.The most important add to this games is the dynamic weather and the servers are also on a good situation.I hope that Evolution Studios will continue hard work and i'm sure thatThis game is excellent.Despite the problems that the game faced at its launch,Evolution Studios managed to improve the game by means of updates and this game is for now the best racing game exclusively on ps4.The most important add to this games is the dynamic weather and the servers are also on a good situation.I hope that Evolution Studios will continue hard work and i'm sure that Evolution Studios and Sony will launch the Ps+ Plus edition. Expand
  53. Mar 12, 2015
    Driveclub is a different game now to what it was for the first few months so the reviews do not really represent the whole experience as it exists now. There are many more tracks and cars, online play is stable (with a few hiccups here and there), challenges work, the weather system has been implemented and the gameplay has been tweaked in response to people's requests. e.g.Corner andDriveclub is a different game now to what it was for the first few months so the reviews do not really represent the whole experience as it exists now. There are many more tracks and cars, online play is stable (with a few hiccups here and there), challenges work, the weather system has been implemented and the gameplay has been tweaked in response to people's requests. e.g.Corner and collision penalties are not as severe as they were at launch.
    All in all it is a great package with benchmark setting visuals, amazing sound, a tight driving model, varied tracks and locations and a wide range of cars which handle very differently.
    It's an awesome game.
  54. Mar 11, 2015
    This game is way better than I expected. I don’t usually play/like racing games but this is a decent one. The only thing that I really disappoint me in this game is that the dynamic weather is not available in the tour or the free DLC tours. That makes me wonder if I should get the season pass, because the weather is stunning when you race, but the cost of the season pass is half the priceThis game is way better than I expected. I don’t usually play/like racing games but this is a decent one. The only thing that I really disappoint me in this game is that the dynamic weather is not available in the tour or the free DLC tours. That makes me wonder if I should get the season pass, because the weather is stunning when you race, but the cost of the season pass is half the price of the game.
    Strengths:
    - The graphics
    - Easy to pick up but hard to master
    - The variety of tracks
    - Free cars and DLC
    - A good progression system

Weaknesses:
    - DLC (too pricey)
    - No dynamic weather in the tours without paying
    - The clubs, I feel that I barely did anything for my club, and yet I got so many new cars because of the other club members. (I have 2 million points, and my club 30 millions, only 3 members…)
  55. Jan 29, 2015
    Sick graphics, bad gameplay. don't waste your cash money.

Apparantly my review has to be at least 150 characters long so i'm just gonna type until i
  56. Apr 6, 2015
    Very good game, a game that is underrated, great graphics with fantastic physics. I have it and its very entertaining very challenging game. A game with very good cars, and places to race.
  57. Oct 16, 2014
    Ever since launch day I have not been able to connect to the online servers. There's content that's locked behind the online service and it's been down since the game came out more than a week ago. I have no idea what Sony's doing but the fact that they delayed this game for a year and it's broken is unacceptable. I've never written a review like this before but this is beyond ridiculous.
  58. Oct 16, 2014
    £55 for a special edition of an unfinished game and still no playable social multiplayer, well for me at least. Still no sign of a solution and £55 poorer for buying a single player arcade racer which graphics and sound fx are good to be fair. Not worth £55 and I for one am hoping for compensation. Farcical.
  59. Oct 18, 2014
    Not worth more like 20 €.

Why is that? Well, it looks so but under the beautiful appearance is installed a Trabi engine. It has only a few cars, a few lines and a game that is designed to Arcade. Unfortunately, there is Strefen when transgressed the side panel. But this is more towards simulation. Opponents remain stubborn on the racing line and if you you will be punished rams.
    Not worth more like 20 €.

Why is that?
    Opponents remain stubborn on the racing line and if you you will be punished rams. Explain to me please times a sense it.
  60. Oct 29, 2014
    The game feels unfinished, the game lacks content, the AI is horrendous, and opponent racers will constantly crash into you, and the game has too little cars to drive. The game plays at a slower pace, and goes for a more realistic and arcade racing game, (Which in my opinion, I like) but as I stated, there are a tons of flaws. The game is gorgeous, and the driving feels quite nice, andThe game feels unfinished, the game lacks content, the AI is horrendous, and opponent racers will constantly crash into you, and the game has too little cars to drive. The game plays at a slower pace, and goes for a more realistic and arcade racing game, (Which in my opinion, I like) but as I stated, there are a tons of flaws. The game is gorgeous, and the driving feels quite nice, and that's the only really good thing I can say about the game. The game lacks game modes, and is too repetitive, 'Maps' look too similar to each other, and you can only change the color of your cars, and only specific cars can only be used in specific races. There will be no free-roam found (Which I don't find an issue, but others most likely will), the camera feels a lot like Sleeping Dogs, which gave me a head-ache.

But the thing that bothers me most, is the $60-70 price tag. This game should only cos $30 and it can feel like a free-to-play game time to time.

The game is fun but greatly disappointing. I would pass on this one till a price drop occurs.
  61. Oct 17, 2014
    Poor excuse for a game. SCEA and all from the development team behind this should be thoroughly embarrassed. A full year of delay introduced into the development for them to achieve absolutely nothing and still release a poorly developed waste of consumer money. £49.99 for a game you can't access all the features of nor unlock all the on disc content because a poor online infrastructurePoor excuse for a game. SCEA and all from the development team behind this should be thoroughly embarrassed. A full year of delay introduced into the development for them to achieve absolutely nothing and still release a poorly developed waste of consumer money. £49.99 for a game you can't access all the features of nor unlock all the on disc content because a poor online infrastructure can't cope with large numbers of users. Another developer on the list of embarrassments to the industry. Expand
  62. Oct 12, 2014
    I have been playing this all day on my new PS4. It is somewhat disappointing, especially since it was delayed a year. Now, let me say the graphics are amazing, truly next gen, and the leader board design is nice but, the game is well wonky in many other design aspects. It seems to try to fit different styles of game play into one game but, doing so it completely misses the mark atI have been playing this all day on my new PS4. It is somewhat disappointing, especially since it was delayed a year. Now, let me say the graphics are amazing, truly next gen, and the leader board design is nice but, the game is well wonky in many other design aspects. It seems to try to fit different styles of game play into one game but, doing so it completely misses the mark at each. At moments you feel like it is trying to act like a simulation at other times if feels it is applying an arcade aspect to the way the cars handle. Doing so makes the game feel unbalanced. The other basics you expect from a modern racing game are not here. For example, there is no real car customization of any type and the choice of cars is very limited (although they are very pretty.) Expand
  63. Oct 10, 2014
    I will put it very simply - If you want a game that is similar to grand turismo then do not purchase DriveClub. Perhaps I was wrong in my anticipation, however I was expecting a game with similar levels of customisation. I was wrong... oh so wrong.

I have had this game on pre-order for almost 6 months, I was hugely excited for it and could not wait to get it home to play on day 1. Upon loading it you are thrown into a race which is good, but that was when I started to see some cracks in the gorgeous veneer... firstly you are penalised for when another car rams you - THE AI is not exactly smart - let me leave it there. Secondly you are penalised for hitting a wall or going off track (3 seconds and you're reset) - this all left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I forgave it and finished the race thinking I could change options in the menu on difficulty etc... no. You can't do that.

Okay I thought. Well let me modify my car and see what I can do. No. You can't do that.
    Right.

Well let me try some of the mulitplayer features. No. They don't work at the moment, and have not all week. Right.

I have played the game since it came out, the physics are enjoyable if not a bit too arcade like for my personal taste, the cars all handle uniquely and are beautifully rendered - with particular note given to the interiors - they are breath-taking. The sounds are good so long as you're out of the car, inside (which is where I like to drive) not so much... its muffled and barely audible, this was another let down for me. The tracks and environments are nice, but looked rather poor in comparison to the cars themselves. For some reason it does not look as good as what I have seen the developer showing off - perhaps it is just me?

Why have I given a score of 1? Because I have since returned my copy. It failed to meet my expectations, the sound was sloppy, a distinct lack of cars outside of European, it does not look as visually stunning as I was expecting, the lack of any multiplayer functionality at the moment and the complete lack of car customisation was the final and huge nail in the coffin.

It's a pretty game yes - but please, only buy this is you want a simple arcade type racer... if so then you'll enjoy it. If you're like me and were expecting something on the levels of Grand Turismo customisation then you'll need to look elsewhere.
  64. Oct 12, 2014
    The game is just barely fine, its more like disappointment.
    the "Next-Gen" social-racing game is completely offline (as for now), this is unacceptable, i dont know how can sony release a game in this condition.
    the graphics are "Good", but definitely not as AMAZING as you might think. but put all that aside, the game A.I is just so brutal, the game will punish you for A.I cars that
    The game is just barely fine, its more like disappointment.
    the graphics are "Good", but definitely not as AMAZING as you might think.
    but put all that aside, the game A.I is just so brutal, the game will punish you for A.I cars that ramming into you!! how can i be punished for someone else mistakes?
    this is bad, while the driving mechanic is find, i really find the game frustrating at those points.
    an overall is 6/10.
    the game if just "Fine", nothing more.
    the servers are offline for almost a week now, very bad for 1st party next-gen game.
  65. Nov 3, 2014
    W o r s t D r i v i n g E v e r...I have played many racers (considering I enjoyed Motorstorm), simply disappointing at so many levels. Where do I begin, single player unexpectedly tough when its supposed to be accessible (AI cars ram you, have perfect drive lines, zooms past you in same model car given no performance upgrades). No option to change difficulty setting and too bad theW o r s t D r i v i n g E v e r...I have played many racers (considering I enjoyed Motorstorm), simply disappointing at so many levels. Where do I begin, single player unexpectedly tough when its supposed to be accessible (AI cars ram you, have perfect drive lines, zooms past you in same model car given no performance upgrades). No option to change difficulty setting and too bad the great visuals do not match the gameplay.

For an example of a polished, well made racing game, have a look at the recent Forza Horizon 2.
  66. Nov 5, 2014
    This game was my most disappointing purchase of the year. It just really didn't do it for me. I find the driving mechanics to be neither natural or fun, neither simulation or arcade. It just feels wonky and repetitive. It's beautiful to look at and sounds amazing. But that's about it. The lobby is awful for online multiplayer: slow, crashes, frozen while you wait...lastly, I think pointsThis game was my most disappointing purchase of the year. It just really didn't do it for me. I find the driving mechanics to be neither natural or fun, neither simulation or arcade. It just feels wonky and repetitive. It's beautiful to look at and sounds amazing. But that's about it. The lobby is awful for online multiplayer: slow, crashes, frozen while you wait...lastly, I think points have to be taken off for the massive release delays and the terrible launch. It took weeks to be able to really get online. Expand
  67. Oct 16, 2014
    Very limited features for any driving game in 2014 and feels every part the mediocre free to play experience you might expect.

The driving is a strange balance between sim and arcade and does neither well with an end result that is as confusing as much as it is uninteresting and unenjoyable. The visuals are great with steady framerate, but no more so than any other driving games

The visuals are great with steady framerate, but no more so than any other driving games released in the same year.

Layered in social features, this game probably caters well to it's target demographic, but as a game in its own right, its lack of features, poor launch quality and wholly uninteresting core driving experience make this one of the most forgettable driving games in recent memory.
  68. Oct 19, 2014
    -- Wait for the free version --

Driveclub has many problems. Even when the game is working properly it's both bland and solid. The in-game sound reminds me a lot of the original playstation. it's there, but it isn't great. music is fast paced electric genre. there doesn't seem to be many songs though. most engines don't have a personality and the off-track noises sound ripped out of
    -- Wait for the free version --

The in-game sound reminds me a lot of the original playstation. it's there, but it isn't great. music is fast paced electric genre. there doesn't seem to be many songs though. most engines don't have a personality and the off-track noises sound ripped out of ps1. it's quite awkward. that word really sums this game up. it's not bad or good. it's awkward.

The handling isn't like any other racer i've played. it does what you don't expect it do it. it's pretty easy to drive yet you never really know if the wheels will lose grip or not.

The AI is odd too. sometimes they all follow each other in a line. other times they will give you a ram. there's a little bit of 'catch up' if you fall behind. but you won't generally get 3 seconds ahead.

The car list is the biggest problem with the game. (except for online still struggling to work a week after launch) it's ALL euro cars. yet there's no lamborghini. there's also no true american cars or japanese cars. but there's some hot hatches which are each very boring to race with. again, awkward is the key word.

there's not many modes. there's drift (which is actually powersliding because you don't really drift. there's assists that you can't turn off which prevents you from drifting) then there's standard races. that's it. so single player is pretty vanilla. the tracks are okay. not professionally designed but some are pretty good. others are just there...

The graphics are nice and the clubs are a decent feature. it's a very accessible game but there's not a lot to do. this game has awkwardness that just left me confused which has never happened to me before.
  69. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is a broken mess. Lets compare it to Forza Horizon 2, which I also have. Not had any real complaints on Horizon 2 except maybe to many off road tracks. You get in your car and you pretty much spend the whole time driving and having fun, online and offline. Even between each race there a race to the start of another racer. There is very little down time waiting for things toThis game is a broken mess. Lets compare it to Forza Horizon 2, which I also have. Not had any real complaints on Horizon 2 except maybe to many off road tracks. You get in your car and you pretty much spend the whole time driving and having fun, online and offline. Even between each race there a race to the start of another racer. There is very little down time waiting for things to happen. Driveclub on the other hand where do I start. The online works about 50 percent of the time. Even if you do get in a match it takes probably 5 minutes before you even get to race. The darks are so dark that I can't even see the road. I have adjusted my tv everyway possible and it is still way to dark to play the game. Even during daylight times with some overcast. There is no brightness or gamma correction settings in the game. No possible way to adjust the picture except with your tv. Only game I have ever seen not have a brightness setting, what a joke! If playstation 4 is supposed to be so great then why is it I find my self always on my 360 and xbox one. This is my friendly advice don't buy Driveclub. If you have not bought a new system and are trying to decide and are a heavy online gamer I would recommend Xbox One. In my experience, Microsoft seems to have a better grip on running online game servers. Also, I am not a fan boy I have all the systems. To me it is about the games and so far xbox one has had the more enjoyably 1st party games. Expand
  70. Oct 25, 2014
    Good thing is nobody say me what i need say about game :P. Don't believe big sites reviews for DC i know what i say. Game have only nice graphics and nothing more to offer for players. 225 chalenges in Tour, Time Trials, Races, Drifts and broken multiplayer that's all what game have for you. Idk what Evolution Studio try create but is not this what players want. Okay we have a exclusiveGood thing is nobody say me what i need say about game :P. Don't believe big sites reviews for DC i know what i say. Game have only nice graphics and nothing more to offer for players. 225 chalenges in Tour, Time Trials, Races, Drifts and broken multiplayer that's all what game have for you. Idk what Evolution Studio try create but is not this what players want. Okay we have a exclusive title and nothing more. If you want you cars (unlocked via club lvl) you need be a online - LOL. Insane A.I little mistake or AI drive your butt and you need start all race again. Game can give you a enalty when you don't do any mistake :P You buy game only for you own risk.

Better idea is get for this money pizza, beer, take you wife/girl to restaurant or buy another game.
  71. Oct 27, 2014
    The publishers are filthy liars and shouldn't been taken seriously ever.
    They don't even try to stick to their promise and simply spit on every PSN+ subscriber, trying their best to show their disrespect.
    The publishers are filthy liars and shouldn't been taken seriously ever.

They base their promise violation as "fixing servers", but (even without talking about how much time and possibilities they had pre-launch) they could at least give out a single-player version so everyone who paid for PS+ could enjoy the single-player game.

No, they just pretend that everyone will necessarily play multiplayer and base their denial on this.
    True reason: they wait until more and more people buy their game by impulse, being tired from waiting.

I despise you, **** liars. Everyone else who waits the PS+ version must feel the same instead of buying the game (eating the bait).
  72. Dec 6, 2014
    Now the server issues have been mostly resolved the game can now show us what its really about, and that is thats a very pretty game that has a good idea behind it but somewhat fails to deliver the messege 8//10
  73. Oct 20, 2014
    Fantastic graphic. Good sound. Limited choices and after playing a while? Boredom...after playing a significant time? Frustration...races become cutting edge and there is no time for "corner penalty" or "collission penalty" in ridiculous&unfair situations.Try racing Ferraris with a aircraft carrier continental GT as your only option on a tight and curvy circuit. Real fun! ..if you likeFantastic graphic. Good sound. Limited choices and after playing a while? Boredom...after playing a significant time? Frustration...races become cutting edge and there is no time for "corner penalty" or "collission penalty" in ridiculous&unfair situations.Try racing Ferraris with a aircraft carrier continental GT as your only option on a tight and curvy circuit. Real fun! ..if you like utter frustration. "Your connection to the driveclub server has been lost". Expand
  74. Oct 12, 2014
    Driveclub suffers from various problems, the most notable of which is its severe lack of content. This is a game that simply doesn't compete with most of today's racing games. To make matters worse, the racing experience isn't very exciting. Games like Need for Speed, Forza Horizon 2, and GRID handle a lot better.

Driveclub does have some good qualities, though. It looks fantastic, and

Driveclub does have some good qualities, though. It looks fantastic, and the audio is great. It also has some great ideas such as the Faceoff and corner flag systems.

Considering how little entertainment I got from the full game, I can't recommend it.
  75. Oct 12, 2014
    Game looks amazing but the UI is awful, and probably the worst I've seen in a racing game. Constantly trying to push you off the track is not fun game play.
  76. Oct 11, 2014
    Forgettable game, good graphics but nothing more.. i just cant play online dont know why, the game its to much arcade and the sound its horrible. I can not recommend this game
  77. Oct 16, 2014
    The game is beyond disappointing. I have an XB1 and a PS4, and Forza was amazing. All the trailers I saw for DriveClub made it look much, much better than Forza. I assumed that with the extra time since their original launch day release (the game was originally supposed to launch the same day as the PS4 - they delayed it by almost a year!), they would make it just that much better.The game is beyond disappointing. I have an XB1 and a PS4, and Forza was amazing. All the trailers I saw for DriveClub made it look much, much better than Forza. I assumed that with the extra time since their original launch day release (the game was originally supposed to launch the same day as the PS4 - they delayed it by almost a year!), they would make it just that much better.

DriveClub would have been the very best racing game ever released in 2001. The graphics are waaaay past disappointing - they are literally laughable (or would be if I hadn't wasted 60 dollars on this digital garbage). anyone who tells you how good they are, spend 5 minutes with Forza 5. The sound? Good God - terrible. Everything sounds like it was recorded in a tin can. Its just...bad.

But wait, there's more.

You can't upgrade your car. At ALL. I mean...not even the tires. Nothing! Literally...NOTHING. You cant even change the freaking color!!!!!

You can't explore the cars - there is no open view where you can check out the interior, look around the various exterior parts, etc. Nope. None of that nonsense for this gem!

Ever since Grid was released in - frig, I don't even know when, racing games have had voice overs where someone (usually with a British accent) tells you about your car, or the next race you're about to participate in, or....SOMETHING. Nope. No voice over in DriveClub; you spend most of your time is silence.

The game, honestly, feels unfinished. It feels like they pushed it out simply because they had a date, they had already missed one date and they had to get SOMETHING out the door. There is one part, where you are driving through a tunnel, the roof of the tunnel is these giant block images that repeat over and over - it looks like a texture out of the original Doom or Wolfenstein. Seriously, I was astonished.

But wait, there's more!

I waited 11 months for THIS game. I have had THIS game's release date on my calendar. When it came out, did I spend the majority of my time playing it?

No, I spent literally HOURS waiting on hold for a SONY representative (I bought the digital download - otherwise I would have returned this crap to Gamestop) trying to make up reasons for why I deserve a refund (they very specifically told me that they were not giving refunds for THIS particular game). I told them first that the game was simply disappointing. I tried to say my kids had purchased it without permission (sorry, kids :( ). I tried everything, just to get RID of it. No luck.

After that entirely disappointing experience, I spent 5 hours playing Forza - the only game, in my opinion, worth a damn on the XB1. SONY had an opportunity here to steal a segment of the gaming market in which they have been getting their arses kicked for a decade. They absolutely needed to hit a homerun on this game. It was a launch day game (not). The trailers looked amazing (I have no idea where they got the graphics for those trailers, cause they ain't in the game). They had an extra YEAR to work on it.

Instead, not only did they not hit a homerun, they struck out looking. Disappointing. Once again, a PS4 exclusive sucks (play Killzone, anyone...God awful). The PS4 is a much better system by every comparison imaginable, but...if this is the commitment they have to gaming excellence, and if their refusal to issue refunds for games that they HAVE to know is horrible is an indication of their commitment to customer service.... XB1 might just be the way to go after all.

Thanks SONY. For nothing.
  78. Oct 13, 2014
    Drive Club is mediocre at best. The arcadey handling of the cars is disappointing, as is the lack of features and car customization. The graphics are stunning, however the backgrounds do stutter on the odd occasion. To say this game was delayed by nearly a year and this is the full versions, I have to say I'm very underwhelmed by it. And don't get me started about the online server issuesDrive Club is mediocre at best. The arcadey handling of the cars is disappointing, as is the lack of features and car customization. The graphics are stunning, however the backgrounds do stutter on the odd occasion. To say this game was delayed by nearly a year and this is the full versions, I have to say I'm very underwhelmed by it. And don't get me started about the online server issues Why didn't they beta test this game so they'd get an idea of how their servers cope with the traffic?.......The developers were claiming this game would be a Forza Killer, which is absolutely laughable now, because it clearly isn't. I'm afraid PS4 gamers will have to hope that Project Cars fills the void until Gran Turismo 7 comes out. Drive Club isn't that must have exclusive racer for the PS4 I'm afraid, and overall it's a pretty dull driving experience.. Expand
  79. Nov 4, 2014
    Driveclub is a horrible excuse for a racer. The gameplay is poor and the online barely works. If this was an Xbox One game it would be completely outshine by all the other good racers on the console
  80. Dec 14, 2014
    My first experience of Driveclub was only three weeks ago, and after the initial stories of a game woefully unfinished, disgruntled gamers trading it back early and warnings that it really was not very good at all, I couldn't help but wander what I had let myself in for?

Well, thankfully, these fears were all unfounded, and I will come back to them I promise. Driveclub is the latest title from Evolution, the people who gave us the wonderful chaos of Motorstorm and the sequel, Apocalypse. Both of those titles still stand out not only to myself, but anyone who wanted something different from their racers.

Starting off, I have to go to the presentation. Menus are clean and fast, you really don't get lost anywhere, and this is a major plus. Perhaps in some of the more complex gameplay options they can be a little limiting, but for the most part they're designed so that you can go back to the most important part (the racing!!) as soon as.

Graphically, the game is probably the best-looking racer out there (certainly it is the best looking racer I've ever seen) - at any point in the game there are endless racers hammering it around the track, complex textures on cars and the track, with sublime lighting - and it doesn't ever jitter ONCE. If you wanted one graphical reference title for our PS4, something to make your friends jealous, make it this one.

The sound is disappointing though, and perhaps made all the more disappointing by the wonderful graphics. The engines sound meaty, and the sound effects are good, but there isn't anything that involves you. If you doubt my opinion in any way, go and play Need For Speed Shift on either the PS3 or XBOX 360, and drive the Ford Escort Cosworth - THAT is WHAT a racing game should sound like!! The music is okay, but its not there really for incident, and is just as part of the presentation, to fill in a necessary space, and immediately forgettable.

So onto the gameplay then - Driveclub's car feel is odd, and the somewhat chunky handling that merges just a little arcade with a good portion of sim (similar to Need for Speed Pro Street) really does take a while to get the hang of, but once you're there, then the really annoying nature of some of the tracks (designed to really involve might I add!!) changes to compulsion to master them, to beautiful effect. Its to the games benefit that it plays differently from say Codemaster's GRID series, and in kind of a way the game feels influenced from say Sega and Namco's later racers, in that they concentrated on the one pure thing, and avoided the gimmicks. There is no upgrading cars as such, the main meat of the game is purely on the racing, and later the social ascent of the racing. In a way, Evolution should be congratulated - this game cannot compare to the Gran Turismo's and the Forza's of this world and if you did, you'd be missing the point entirely. This is a racer not only built for veterans, but for newcomers after a change too.

Of the modes in the game then, it has to be said that the campaign mode is woefully short, so thankfully the online modes (now fully working by the way may I add) compensate, and also prove remarkably involving, but with one major stumbling block - to actually play an online race you require a PSN+ subscription, which I think quite honestly is a bit of a con. This game for the most part costs £50 on average, and the campaign's short length eventually forces you to try the game online for some racing, and then you have to pay - what gives? Still, provided you pay, the online stuff is now solid and really unmissable.

For my gripes though, I have to give massive kudos to Evolution for their constant updates on the game (the weather patch, released last week, really makes for some stunning racing through harsh weather!!), and releasing a lot of the early game packs for free as an apology for all the early issues is a good deed.

Overall, Driveclub is by no means the the ultimate driving game, and if you look at the separate components, then you're going to question whether this is worth playing. However, if you look past the flaws, and play it for what it is, and enjoy it the way its meant to be enjoyed, then you are going to have a lot of fun.

A different and slightly flawed racer, but all the better because it is different.
  81. Oct 10, 2014
    Was bitte ist denn das für ein Spiel? Habe Driveclub vorgestern gekauft um zu sehen, ob es der Bewertung hier gerecht wird. Ofmals sind es ja einfach die Fanboys der jeweils anderen Konsole die ein Spiel schlecht machen. Hier kann ich die Bewertung aber komplett nachvollziehen.
    Was bitte ist denn das für ein Spiel und warum gab s eine Release verschiebung von fast 11 Monaten?

Fahrphysik: Es fühlt sich zwar nicht schwammig an aber man hat auch zu keinem Zeitpunkt das Gefühl das Fahrzeug im Grenzbereich fahren zu können. Entweder man hat Grip oder man rutsch bereits unberechenbar und bekommt ausser einem gleichmässigen quitschen der Reifen kein Feedback vom Spiel (zumindest habe ich es so empfunden).
    Spielumfang: Der hat mich persönlich ja am meisten gestört. Das Spiel bietet zwar einige Community Features, die sind aber alles andere als eine Revolution. Irgendwie hat man das alles, genau so oder zumindest in ähnlicher Form, schonmal gesehen. Eine Revolution ist das nicht und da das Spiel angeblich wegen genau dieser Features verschoben wurde, frage ich mich warum? Der Rest des Umfangs ist eher beschränkt... ein paar Autos, ein paar Strecken. Sonst NICHTS... wirklich, dass war es schon.
    Grafik: Meiner persönlichen Meinung nach eher Mittelmaß. Für ein Racing Game eventuell nicht schlecht aber mich haut es nicht um.

Alles in allem ist Driveclub für mich kein vollständiges Spiel das in vielen Punkten enttäuscht. Ok, es hat mehr als 2 Punkte verdiehnt aber die User Score von aktuell 5.9 halte ich für einen solchen Titel och etwas zu hoch gegriffen. Von mir gibt es daher nur 5 Punkte.
  82. Oct 10, 2014
    TL;DR: nice visuals, lacking gameplay and features.

The visuals and sounds of Driveclub are very impressive with very detailed cars and tracks. Nevertheless nice looking tracks and cars seems to be the only part of the game that the development team was concerned about. Driving against the AI is not fun at all, since they don't know you exist and so the AI will ram you anywhere if
    TL;DR: nice visuals, lacking gameplay and features.

Driving against the AI is not fun at all, since they don't know you exist and so the AI will ram you anywhere if you are driving on their programmed driving line. Also you will get punished for being hit by the AI with a deduction to fame or even with a temporary speed limit. Even if you manage to overtake them they will rubber-band to keep up with you.

I rather play the time-trials because there I have a challenge that won't try to cheat. Playing time-trials against friends is challenging and is somewhat fun. Or at least much more than playing against AI.

For a racing game it lacks many of the features that we expect. There is no way to replay your last race to see again if you did something impressive or had a significant crash. Sure you can use PS4 record but that will limit you to the camera angle you were in. Also there is no customization of driving assists or performance. You can only switch between automatic or manual transmission.

Other recent racing games have included an instant replay system to reduce the frustration of driving for a long time just to lose that progress on the last turn of the race. Driveclub isn't meant to be a racing simulator so I don't understand why it wasn't included.

Lastly the game allows you to select the weather of the race and the dynamic weather was also shown in the videos prior to launch. However for some reason this was not included and like the heists in GTA, will be added on a later patch.

The social features are completely missing due to server problems but somehow I expect this nowadays and I have not taken this into account with the score.
  83. Oct 12, 2014
    This is an unfinished game that have been delayed for a year. This is a fiasco and I just dont understand why the gaming media is not covering it in the same veins of another gaming corporate fiascos of our recent past.

It is impossible to connect since launch and the single player is a mess because of bully AI. People should know the truth, I will never spend a single penny in any other product made by Evolution Studios and this fiasco have made me question if PS+ is really worth my money. Do yourself a favor and skip this game, it is broken, unfinished and is the most soulless driving game I've ever experienced.
  84. Oct 12, 2014
    There is a simple car gam with only 50 cars, incompleted and his technical specifications are less then sony promissed. No weather system implemented jet, physics are to bad and the game is boring...
  85. Oct 11, 2014
    DriveClub is a good game with a good AI and graphics in line with other games PS4 but unfortunately the online server will affect the quality as the game was presented as a driving game where the particularity of being interconnected between offline and online mode
  86. Oct 28, 2014
    Its no wonder they've not released the free playstation plus version, trying to hold off as along as possible to catch the unwary buyers to keen for some decent racing on ps4. xbox one dominates here with forza series and will continue to do so for a long time to come.
  87. Dec 26, 2014
    Driveclub deserve way more then just 5.5 points (that's why I give it 10 points otherwise I would give 8.5 - 9)... the Server issues the game had at the beginning was for sure a disaster but the game itself delivers outstanding racing experience and it gets better from month to month. I just bought a steering wheel and I honestly can't stop racing. Driveclub's new weather system addsDriveclub deserve way more then just 5.5 points (that's why I give it 10 points otherwise I would give 8.5 - 9)... the Server issues the game had at the beginning was for sure a disaster but the game itself delivers outstanding racing experience and it gets better from month to month. I just bought a steering wheel and I honestly can't stop racing. Driveclub's new weather system adds extremely well done realism into the the experience and any other game out looks outdated compared to it. But Driveclub has a lot to catch up on the social aspect of racing - I am not getting into it but expect the game to improve and grow... Expand
  88. Oct 28, 2014
    First time running the game, I could not quite understand what it was.
    Primitive cardboard backgrounds, lack of weather effects, constantly screeching tires.
    Cars bounce off invisible walls like a ball.
    Lack of normal music as such.
    No replays after the races end.
    Internet connection in the game does not work.
  89. Nov 21, 2014
    Amazingly mediocre racing game that no limits! Yeah we have neat graphics but that's all about it. Musics are just basic dubstepp without variety and gameplay... Well, it's just boring. Its called "arcade" but I say "it's way too realistic". Oh and your opponents are kinda agressive and you lose points if they collide with you. Very fun. Let's remember that onlineplay still doens't work soAmazingly mediocre racing game that no limits! Yeah we have neat graphics but that's all about it. Musics are just basic dubstepp without variety and gameplay... Well, it's just boring. Its called "arcade" but I say "it's way too realistic". Oh and your opponents are kinda agressive and you lose points if they collide with you. Very fun. Let's remember that onlineplay still doens't work so meh...

In other words this game doesn't have soul, just a pure surface...
  90. Oct 28, 2014
    A low score for Drive Club 40.
    First point this game is technically late.
    Second point driving vehicles is really too arcade.
    And finally the basic version is not available for subscribers.
  91. Nov 13, 2014
    Cars are great and the physic is really accurate. Light, tracks and cars are next gen.
    Races are not easy due to weather's conditions.
    Online must be fixed and we need more tracks but it's a great game.
  92. Dec 7, 2014
    Driveclub is a good, solid racing game. And that's all. There is nothing more to add, because this game doesn't write a history of the genre. For sure it's much less than creators promised, but still can offer you some fun. But only if it's being distributed for free. It is not worth your money.
  93. Jan 3, 2015
    At first I thought the game was great. Then it got really really hard. Then I thought it was crap, but persevered. Then I got really good suddenly (must drive manual with a loud surround system)......

....then it became awesome

.......then it became an obsession.
  94. Oct 9, 2014
    What is DriveClub? It's a semi-sim racing game with good physics, a nice balance between realism and accessability. It has nice graphics and runs well. That's about all I can say that sticks out. Unfortunately, I've had the game for 3 days and I haven't been able to get online even once as yet. The single player mode is short by driving game standards and horribly repetitive given thatWhat is DriveClub? It's a semi-sim racing game with good physics, a nice balance between realism and accessability. It has nice graphics and runs well. That's about all I can say that sticks out. Unfortunately, I've had the game for 3 days and I haven't been able to get online even once as yet. The single player mode is short by driving game standards and horribly repetitive given that there are only 3 event types: Race, Time Trial and Drift. While it has some nice tracks, there are only 2 types of those. There are Country Roads, and Circuit Tracks. No town or city tracks, no real world tracks, just boring proprietary country roads and circuit tracks. Driveclub also lacks the ability to customize or tune your vehicle, lacks splitscreen and lacks much of a reason to care once you've finished the Tour mode. Another issue is the AI, they have very little awareness of where the driver is on the track, and will quite happily drive straight through you if you're in their way. Amusingly, the game will penalize YOU for this as well. Driveclub's problem is that it lacks so many things fans of racing games would expect it to have, and while it's far from a bad game, it's not one I see myself playing in a months time Expand
  95. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a hard one to review, it just does a lot of things strangely. It's an arcade handling racer presented with sim like presentation and none of the accoutrements an arcade racer would have. That said it's stunning to look at and there is fun to be had in speeding around the pretty well designed tracks, but there is a lack of connection (for want of a better word) with what's going onThis is a hard one to review, it just does a lot of things strangely. It's an arcade handling racer presented with sim like presentation and none of the accoutrements an arcade racer would have. That said it's stunning to look at and there is fun to be had in speeding around the pretty well designed tracks, but there is a lack of connection (for want of a better word) with what's going on on screen. Im not sure whether it's the engine sounds or something to do with a lack of feeling the speed, but there is definitely something missing there.

It's not a bad game by any means but it would be hard to recommend it wholeheartedly. There is a lot of fun here for those who like the sim approach but don't like to be bogged down with tuning menus, and for arcade racing fans who perhaps want something a little more real, but this list of people is perhaps a very short one and this game I feel probably slips between the cracks. Some will love it, most won't really care for it at all.
  96. Oct 12, 2014
    Driveclub is the biggest disappointment I have experienced in my gaming history. Forget the massive near year long delay. Forget the fact that this socially connected next gen game is purely offline. It is the terrible handling physics and unforgiving ramming AI that is missing the I. Lots of the advertised modes/features are missing. Evolution has not used the extra time to create theDriveclub is the biggest disappointment I have experienced in my gaming history. Forget the massive near year long delay. Forget the fact that this socially connected next gen game is purely offline. It is the terrible handling physics and unforgiving ramming AI that is missing the I. Lots of the advertised modes/features are missing. Evolution has not used the extra time to create the game that they promised. Expand
  97. Oct 21, 2014
    AVOID THIS GAME IS SCAM

Driveclub is a weak game, incomplete, with not servers. A shame for 60 bucks !

Presentation 4/10
    Graphics 7/10
    Music 5/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Online 0/10
  98. Oct 13, 2014
    Disappointing graphics, boring gameplay... this is a game that looks and feels like it's ten years old. Why can't change the stock-colour of my car? Why can't I turn off the driving assists? This game has also a frustrating rubberband-AI that destroys any fun during a race. Bad appearance Sony!
  99. Oct 15, 2014
    Grafica nella media, ben lontana dalla next gen promessa da evolution studios e sony, gameplay all'età della pietra, sembra di giocare con un ridge racer su playstation 2. Driveclub era stato annunciato come gioco votato al social, cooperazione e competizione, buoni propositi, peccato che le modalità online del gioco (50% del prodotto) siano inutilizzabili a causa di problemi ai server. CiGrafica nella media, ben lontana dalla next gen promessa da evolution studios e sony, gameplay all'età della pietra, sembra di giocare con un ridge racer su playstation 2. Driveclub era stato annunciato come gioco votato al social, cooperazione e competizione, buoni propositi, peccato che le modalità online del gioco (50% del prodotto) siano inutilizzabili a causa di problemi ai server. Ci sono pochissime auto, 0 americane, 0 giapponesi e quelle poche che ci sono non sono ben caratterizzate, lo stesso rombo del motore e tutto il reparto sonoro in generale sono vergognosi, la colonna sonora è fatta da 4-5 tracce di bassa qualità. € 40 per la versione upgrade e € 70 in negozio sono un furto. Expand
  100. Oct 13, 2014
    Awful driving physics. Awful AI. Awful vehicle selection. Zero car tuning. Awful car customization options. Bland choice of racing locations. Terrible single player "campaign". No weather as originally promised. Online? What online? This game might be comparable but would probably be even considered inferior to the Ford Racing series of decades past. Not even a $10 value in myAwful driving physics. Awful AI. Awful vehicle selection. Zero car tuning. Awful car customization options. Bland choice of racing locations. Terrible single player "campaign". No weather as originally promised. Online? What online? This game might be comparable but would probably be even considered inferior to the Ford Racing series of decades past. Not even a $10 value in my opinion. Instead of being delayed a year, this game should have just been scrapped. I feel like I've been scammed and the retailer I purchased my copy from won't give refunds for this shell of a game. Expand

1. Dec 21, 2014
    When you're on the track Driveclub is stunning to behold, but it's held back by a lack of event types. [Christmas 2014, p.74]
  2. Dec 13, 2014
    The sense of speed offered by Driveclub reminded me of the brilliant first GRID and I was having a lot of fun until I realized that cars are indestructible. Whether you stroke a wooden fence or smash into another vehicle at 300 km/h your car drives exactly the same afterwards. [Dec 2014, p.66]
  3. Dec 2, 2014