Driveclub PlayStation 4

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 7, 2014
6.2

1. Oct 11, 2014
    So I've played it for a bit more and now I understand what this game is. As a realistic driving game, it doesn't do a very good job because the way the cars handle is far from how they would handle in real life. As a fun racing game it does the job well for more casual racers.

It does this because it is much easier to get into, learn how to throw the car around the track and have a fun racing experience that does not involve staring at a holographic racing line waiting for it to turn red. This is thanks to the short braking distances, so you don't have to spend half an hour learning the brake points of each track so you don't go blundering into a gravel pit if you brake 50m too close to a turn (which isn't even possible in DC, thanks to invisible walls). So in DriveClub you would learn a track and have fun with it in 4 minutes, while in say F1 2013 you'd have to spend up to an hour to learn the track and tweak your car before you can really set some lap times.

So for a game to get casual gamers a taste of the thrill of racing, this game succeeds... initially.

Unfortunately the single player mode is really poor for a racing game - you basically either do races, drift events and time trials and complete objectives to get 3 stars in each event. Compared to Codemasters racing games, this career mode is just rubbish. In TOCA you race multiple championships, each a different racing series - V8 supercars, street racing, open wheelers, rally, German touring cars (DTM) and classic cars to name a few. In Dirt 3 there are also different types of events - Rally stages in Finland, Norway, Kenya, Monaco, Michigan, rallycross, Trailblazer events with insanely fast and dangerous cars, Buggies, Trophy trucks and Gymkhana, and the tracks are challenging and extremely rewarding when you do a run without a mistake. In F1 there's a full season career mode where for each race you have practice sessions to learn the track, tweak your car and drive until your lap times are on par with the AI's. Then there are the qualifying sessions where you have to drive your best to get a good grid spot which could mean the difference between a race result of 15th or 1st. Then you have the actual race that could last from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours which is a test of endurance not to make a mistake and consistently drive fast, and there's pit stops so you have to manage your tyres. Then there's DriveClub's career mode, where you drive similar tracks in either a hot hatch, a sports car or a supercar, and there's three objectives to do. And you'd have finished it in 10 or so hours.

For a racing game focussing on non-racing cars, its car list very small, which is made much worse because it is not diverse at all.

For the few multiplayer races I did, every race I was spun out, and in the end I didn't have a good impression from it.

Doing the face-off challenges are fun, but it kinda feels like i'm wasting time driving the same stretch of road repeatedly, while I could be doing so much more in other racing games I have.

I'll give it a 7/10, because that's what it would probably feel like for the people this game is suited for. However I'm not going to play this game much because it made me realise I can have a better experience in other racing games that I already have.
  2. Oct 7, 2014
    What can you say , that has not been said before, the last time I was very excited about a racing game, was probably GT3 , and maybe Forza horizon 4 , nonetheless , after playing for a few hours , I was a bit impressed , then reality set in , is just another average racing game , I came in expecting something similar to PGR , and was presented with just boring track design , carsWhat can you say , that has not been said before, the last time I was very excited about a racing game, was probably GT3 , and maybe Forza horizon 4 , nonetheless , after playing for a few hours , I was a bit impressed , then reality set in , is just another average racing game , I came in expecting something similar to PGR , and was presented with just boring track design , cars barely show damage , the game just looks plain , with no variety in colors , I do like the night stages , also The game feels to arcade , give me the option to make it simulated , like in the Forza series , overall , I did enjoyed it , but is nothing special , This game will be forgotten within weeks.

After plying it for a few hours I came expecting something similar to PGR ,
  3. Oct 7, 2014
    Well, players who seek for simulating racing-or even semi simulating racing - will not love this game at all, however the graphic is absolutely Amazing compared to any racing game I have played before, this game is aimed to be played by casual players , it is easy and will not need any skill at all, the drifting is really bad ( almost no drifting at all ) and the multiplayer mode is reallyWell, players who seek for simulating racing-or even semi simulating racing - will not love this game at all, however the graphic is absolutely Amazing compared to any racing game I have played before, this game is aimed to be played by casual players , it is easy and will not need any skill at all, the drifting is really bad ( almost no drifting at all ) and the multiplayer mode is really crap, for me I think Forza 2 is better than Driveclub in SO MANY ways "except for graphics" . Expand
  4. Oct 31, 2014
    I don't know why but I have been having trouble playing this game since launch.. There is something very wrong with the server or something for this game.. Disconnects all the time etc..

From what I have played the game is not a very good racing simulator that we were all promised. It's pretty to look at, but the cars do not feel right and the braking in this game is awful.. This

This game was not ready to be released albeit it was delayed twice already.. This game promised so much and delivered so little.

I do not see how anyone can give a perfect score or a high score to a game that doesn't work properly.. It's an unfinished project and we as consumers must put a stop to these kind of practices..

Also... Sony needs to fix their damn network, it is a paid for service now, there is no excuse for PSN to be down every week.. Sony, you will not get a free pass with me this time, put some money into your network, the free games are great and all, but that does me no good when I want to play online.
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    When I first reviewed Driceclub I gave it a 3 due to the many flaws and bugs within the game. But after Evolution Studios continued to update the game I can happily say I now enjoy Driveclub this is one of the best racers I have played in years. The graphics is stunning and the detail Inside and outside is incredible you can truly see the great work evolution studio did in the graphicsWhen I first reviewed Driceclub I gave it a 3 due to the many flaws and bugs within the game. But after Evolution Studios continued to update the game I can happily say I now enjoy Driveclub this is one of the best racers I have played in years. The graphics is stunning and the detail Inside and outside is incredible you can truly see the great work evolution studio did in the graphics department.

The car detail is just as impressive and I keep getting drawn back to stunning visuals in this game having played forza horizon 2 I can say with pride that Driveclub simply beats Forza Horizon 2 in the graphics and visuals department. there may not be as many cars but hey you won't mind the lack of cars because you will enjoy the driving mechanics of the game and yes the controls is amazing.

The game finally feels complete and polished and I'm looking forward to playing Driveclub for many hours this is truly one amazing racing experience
  6. Oct 10, 2014
    this game is joke... but BAD ... i have ps+ but i cant play multiplayer... just big HYPE for this game and now where is rain where is multiplayer ??????
  7. Oct 8, 2014
    The game looks great but is just so boring and hollow. The lack of any sort of customization other than **** pre-made liveries is ridiculous, especially since Forza has been doing this sort of thing since the original Xbox. I was so excited for this game to release but I feel like I've over paid for this game by about 30 dollars; the lack of content and any sort of customization not toThe game looks great but is just so boring and hollow. The lack of any sort of customization other than **** pre-made liveries is ridiculous, especially since Forza has been doing this sort of thing since the original Xbox. I was so excited for this game to release but I feel like I've over paid for this game by about 30 dollars; the lack of content and any sort of customization not to mention the omission of any sort of car not from Europe is really disheartening.

If you've got an Xbox 360 or Xbox One then play Forza Horizon 2. Much better game.
  8. Oct 9, 2014
    Bought the game on launch day, took it home and played for 30 minutes. Drove back to gamestop and returned it.

Game play was generic and the cut scenes were choppy Physics engine and damage system is non existent. It deducts 100 exp for hitting another car, but gives you 500 to 1000 for passing, so by bumping your way through the race you still come out ahead. got like 15

Game play was generic and the cut scenes were choppy

Physics engine and damage system is non existent.

It deducts 100 exp for hitting another car, but gives you 500 to 1000 for passing, so by bumping your way through the race you still come out ahead. got like 15 trophies in 30 minutes and 10% game progress.

don't waste your time or money
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    This game was delayed and it still isn't that great. It still feels incomplete to me. No car customization, unrealistic driving simulation, even the car engine noise sounds wrong. The only thing this game has going for it is it's graphics. But graphics can't make up for a poor game. This was supposed to rival Forza. So disappointed. I give it a very generous 3.
  10. Oct 7, 2014
    If you like plain and simple racing then this is for you. There is no fuss or messing around, just get straight in and race solo or create your own club with friends and challenge each other or the world. The gameplay and A.I are solid, the handling is a good mix of sim/arcade and the graphics are the best in town. I can't wait to download the weather system update, it already looks incredible.
  11. Oct 7, 2014
    Very good graphics and decent gameplay, but where is the dynamic weather system? They had plenty of time with all the delays and then they still release it unfinished? Microsoft made two good racing games in that time and they finished their job. Kind of disappinting, i will wait for the patch before i spent my money.
  12. Oct 7, 2014
    The game isn't awful, but it's not great. It's one of the best looking games I've ever seen, but, sadly, there's really not much content. It is disappointing because, given the extra time they had to work with it, I thought it would be great. It feels like a tech demo for the PlayStation 4's power, but rarely evokes a higher feeling.
  13. Oct 8, 2014
    I am shocked that we waited through almost a full 12 month delay to get this game. Need For Speed Rivals is a better game and it came out in 2013. The car handling is bad, the graphics are only so-so and they don't have rain?!? They are going to have to patch rain/weather in later?!? Uh, that is a complete miss and something that is unacceptable. I am sorry I wasted money on this game.
  14. Oct 7, 2014
    Don't listen to the negative user reviews like from that **** adrenilinmatt. Just xbox fan boy trolls trying to get their worthless 2 cents in. Game is great, graphics are fantastic and it's just an overall well done racing game.
  15. Oct 7, 2014
    Wow, what a handling! It reminds me of good old PGR times and the handling feels just right! The same goes for the graphics and the sound. Especially the sound is amazingly good!

Only letdown: No private lobbies :( But they will add them with a patch
  16. Oct 10, 2014
    Car selection is somewhat ok but it really lacks alot of cars that are out there.
    AI is like 90's racing game.. they are just there, hanging around and "making" game harder to play.
    AI is agressive, rams you out before finish or that catchup system where BMW just cant get more speed because RPM is red and it's so maxed.. oh hey there are couple of AI BMW's that can go that extra more 30-50kmh and pass you like a standing brick.. then they slow down infront of you and just make entering corner pain or cause to have collision penalti while speed was actually perfect for that corner.. gg

online is not working, extra car packs cannot be downloaded because of error. And when online works.. try to join club.. bang error and there goes the connection also.

car handling at high speed is like trying to operate flying sausage... it seems like downforce is nowhere to be found.

drifting is nothing more than correct angle, entering speed and bam.. here you go, be a pro!!

there are no settings to get rid of driving aids.. if there is any at all - im not sure. but it feels like there is sometimes and when you lose it.. it's byebye, like what driving assist? traction control, abs? what.. disappeared.

invisible walls in corners, getting corner penaltys all over the places where I even lose cutting corner, I get penalty also.. just for lulz. oh and then you get corner penalty in tunnels where you CANNOT cut corner.. bouncing wall inside give you penaly :D lol wth

singleplayer is dull and boring, there are alot of tracks.. which is nice tho.

graphically game is imo bad... it's ps4 and forza4 had same gfx. it's all jagged edges.. dont know if it's 1080p at all or this game totally lacks any anti aliasing.

pointless game.. I have played 2 days and already find hard coming back to it. while I played forza4 and GT5 sooo sooooo long. I believe those games have just ruined me because I dont want to accept anything less than forza or GT.

oh and g27 racing wheel? well too bad and fu! not going to happen because of reasons...
  17. Oct 7, 2014
    Great arcade racer reminiscent of PGR that achieves everything it sets out to do while looking beautiful at the same time. One of few racing games that gives you a real sense of speed while playing.
  18. Oct 18, 2014
    This game is all about sliding around the track in glossy bumper cars. There no aspect of realism. The multiplayer races are horrendeous if you are into the skill and tactics side of racing. There is no incentive to drive clean. In fact the best way to get in front is to elbow your way by ramming into other cars and sides of the track. For me this game was a huge dissappoinment.
  19. Oct 7, 2014
    Driveclub is perhaps the most fun I've had in a racing game in years. The fast-paced racing that amplifies as you upgrade from vehicle to vehicle will get even the most lifeless person's adrenaline pumping. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking alongside the topnotch sound quality inducing an hyperactive sense of immersion that can not be felt by merely watching gameplay alone butDriveclub is perhaps the most fun I've had in a racing game in years. The fast-paced racing that amplifies as you upgrade from vehicle to vehicle will get even the most lifeless person's adrenaline pumping. The graphics are absolutely breathtaking alongside the topnotch sound quality inducing an hyperactive sense of immersion that can not be felt by merely watching gameplay alone but actually playing yourself. It provides the realistic graphics of a sim and combines it with the addictive and enjoyable gameplay of a solid arcade racer. The multiplayer is the driving focus of the game but theere is tons of fun to be had in the tour and challenge modes. Since the game is so socially driven, you are never actually feeling alone even away from your club thanks to neat time and performance challenges set by other players that pop up at certain points during the games tour mode. Just give the free PS+ version a shot and you will see what I am talking about, and then buy this awesome game. 10/10 Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2014
    this is my most enjoyable racing game & I don't like racing games at all.The gfx are insanely good and photo realistic.& the fact that it's free is major thing.Try it out,u won't lose anything
  21. Oct 7, 2014
    This game just released. From the first few hours I've had with it I am really impressed with the graphics and the more I play, the more I need to beat my friends times on the leaderboards. There are a lot of little details that come together to make this game shine. The cars feel like they have weight behind them and the handling models for each car is different but suitable to the car.This game just released. From the first few hours I've had with it I am really impressed with the graphics and the more I play, the more I need to beat my friends times on the leaderboards. There are a lot of little details that come together to make this game shine. The cars feel like they have weight behind them and the handling models for each car is different but suitable to the car. The cockpit view is stellar and all of the social aspects that integrate leaderboards and challenges is quite nice for competitive players. This game brings me back to PGR which was a great game in its own right.

Driveclub seems to capture what some more sterile racing games haven't, the social aspect. The graphics are incredible. There are some flaws though. There are only 51 cars which isn't many. The car selection is great though from street cars to supers. There are no official tracks from the real world but locals are quite vibrant, detailed and interesting enough. I give this game an 8/10 because it was really hyped up and was delayed. It really should have been available at launch but this game rivals Forza. Forza is more realistic but this game is more fun.
  22. Oct 7, 2014
    Free for PSN+ users? Awesome, I can play with all of my friends without asking them to buy it. I will spend a lot of hours without spending any extra money.
  23. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of the best racing games Ive ever played. Excellent visuals, rigid driving model, tons of fun in multiplayer, innovative social features. What else do you need? It's all here.
  24. Oct 7, 2014
    Driveclub is a beautiful racing simulator that values the art and science of the race over the drama and theatrics that often make racing so appealing. While the game lacks in certain areas, namely in their complete lack of real collision dynamics, the overall racing experience is one of sublime enjoyment.
  25. Oct 7, 2014
    The graphics alone make this game worthy of a purchase. Absolute eye candy. The lighting effects are on a new level I've never seen in games before. The sound is also better quality than I've heard on previous generation consoles.

The different views for the cars are another major highlight. There's 6 of them .Each one has a proper use. The in car views are hands down best views I've ever used.

While there are no real world tracks, the tracks they've made are among the best layouts I've played. There's also a few that get too twisty for their own good.....the AI is not afraid to run you over.

This game should have instant replay. That's a major detraction. I also wish there was a way to assign paint to a single car instead of 4 paints to apply to all cars.
  26. Oct 9, 2014
    No customization, very few tracks, poor physics and god-awful servers contribute to this games piteous score of 3/10. 50 Cars would have been okay if they were all individual and unique, and didn't sound like a cross between a vacuum cleaner and an overheating computer. There is also no first person view, and the AI is crap. The only reason this isn't a 0, is because the graphics are trulyNo customization, very few tracks, poor physics and god-awful servers contribute to this games piteous score of 3/10. 50 Cars would have been okay if they were all individual and unique, and didn't sound like a cross between a vacuum cleaner and an overheating computer. There is also no first person view, and the AI is crap. The only reason this isn't a 0, is because the graphics are truly amazing! Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2014
    This game was done very poorly. I used to race and these feel nothing like it. The handling is very horrible on these cars. The only bright spot was the graphics but even that is at 30fps. No car tuning either...you got to be kidding. Was just done very poorly. Handling is the biggest thing. So looking forward to Project Cars.
  28. Oct 7, 2014
    Ok first No tuning for the cars in a car game?, only 50 cars no japonese cars, visuals are good yeah, but I prefer better content and better gameplay.
  29. Oct 12, 2014
    After a bit more time with the game and after properly comparing it with its competitors. I have adjusted my review. It should really be a bit lower given the fact the online is non existent but I did get to play a little before it broke. If you only have a PS4 then this is a passable racer if you own an xbox one then just get Forza Horizon 2.
  30. Oct 7, 2014
    The game is not even finished, WTF? I can't believe I even preordered this **** It's a rehash of PGR. **** this. The graphics are nice but there is no depth. Physics are off. I thought we would get upgradable car parts and stuff but we just have decals and paints for customization. I would pass on this one if you haven't bought it yet.
  31. Oct 7, 2014
    Best looking driving game ever, makes a great usage of social features with potential to provide challenges for a long period of time. It may feel a bit short of content, but in a couple of months or so it will receive a couple of things that will be very well appreciated, plus free cars and tracks for the coming months. It's a good idea to have the PS Plus version to increase theBest looking driving game ever, makes a great usage of social features with potential to provide challenges for a long period of time. It may feel a bit short of content, but in a couple of months or so it will receive a couple of things that will be very well appreciated, plus free cars and tracks for the coming months. It's a good idea to have the PS Plus version to increase the community and provide extra fun. Expand
  32. Oct 7, 2014
    So this is the "Forza Killer" they were talking about? Half the game is missing and may or may not be available come December patch. Graphics are the only thing good about this game. Missing the loads of content that makes good gameplay. Servers stink and don't work. 50 cars ONLY! Eh...Not a fan.
  33. Oct 7, 2014
    An extremely generic game brings no innovation, much HYPE for little game, I pre-ordered and released only part of the game, do not have access to photomode, the game is linear, you can not leave the track, where the level of realism? Poor and badly done, too late and delivered less. Could be better.
  34. Oct 7, 2014
    Dramatically over-hyped in my opinion. A shame really, I was looking forward to this one. Luckily, Sony was quick to offer a refund when I contacted them. If you're a fan of Gran Turismo games, this is nothing like that. I suggest you stay away from this one.

Cons: -You can't customize any of the mere 50 cars the game has. -The graphics aren't nearly as good as advertised. -There's

Cons:
    -You can't customize any of the mere 50 cars the game has.
    -The graphics aren't nearly as good as advertised.
    -There's no music when you drive.
    -There's no sense of reward - you get great cars at the start.
    -None of the tracks are real.
    -The game is WAY too easy. Without much effort, I came in first place on my first two races.
    -The online servers appear unreliable. The game just launched and I can't get online.
  35. Oct 7, 2014
    physics garbage , only 50 cars , no car customization , invisible walls , no realistic damage , no rain , poor sounds , brakes feels like parachutes instantly stop , after playing for a few hours, i was a bit disappointed.
  36. Oct 7, 2014
    If you are expecting Grand Turismo or Forza - do not buy this game. That should be printed on the front packaging of it in giant bold letters. So I bought this on pre-order and could not wait to get home and play it, my oh my how disappointed I was. To start it really doesn't look that great - yeah it is pretty, but to my eyes it is no better than Forza 5. The cars themselves look great,If you are expecting Grand Turismo or Forza - do not buy this game. That should be printed on the front packaging of it in giant bold letters. So I bought this on pre-order and could not wait to get home and play it, my oh my how disappointed I was. To start it really doesn't look that great - yeah it is pretty, but to my eyes it is no better than Forza 5. The cars themselves look great, the cockpit views are fabulous - but the sounds are RUBBISH. The developers went on and on about how much work went into the sound recordings, but seriously inside the cars it was a muffled mess. The damage physics are also a joke, with minor scrapes about all you can expect.

Driving physics are alright, it is certainly more arcade than anything else.... it felt responsive and good enough to enjoy. The gameplay on the other hand - rubbish. You get penalised for when an idiot AI rams you, I mean seriously?! And if you go off track for more than 3 seconds - you're reset. What?!

And the cars.... whilst there is not a huge list, there is NO customisation to them... nothing. Zip. Nadda. You cannot even tune them or upgrade parts.... this in a car game? I can't believe that those options are not available.

So in closing - I have returned this game after playing it for a few hours and deciding it was not for me. If you are looking for something that is an easy get in and drive - this is the game for you, if you're expecting anything further than that - DO NOT BUY IT.
  37. Oct 7, 2014
    eh... so disappointing, great graphics actually, but the driving is more arcade than sim, and the game has so few features, lots of tracks though. only 50 cars, which is like... i mean, that's almost nothing now days. you should only rent this, at most.
  38. Oct 7, 2014
    Best racing game so far.
    Best racing game so far.
    It is beautiful. The day/night cycle is just excelent, at night the shadows when your lights illuminates other cars, when the sun rises or sets. It is the best looking racing game in history. The landscape is feels so real, almost like you are really there. The races are exciting, the AI is agressive and really makes your work hard. There is no easy race in the game, every race is a challange. You can't just overtake everyone in the first corner, you need to fight for every place. It is like you are playing against other players. Mentioning other players, the game is fully social. You can challange other players and you can beat other players records at any time in a race. They appear randomly so even if you can't finnish first, you can beat someone so your race is not useless.
    I gave the game 10 points just because of the Xbox fanboys who gave 0's, the game is a very strong 9/10.
  39. Oct 7, 2014
  40. Oct 7, 2014
    Conducción Excelente, un gran trabajo por parte de Sony, probablemente uno de los mejores juegos de autos que he podido probar,con las actualizaciones sera aún mejor
  41. Oct 7, 2014
    The best graphic i have ever seen in a racing game,the cars feels good,and handles well. The carsound is incredible. If you only like simulators,this is not the game for you,but if you like arcade,this game is as close to perfect,that you can get :)
  42. Oct 7, 2014
    I've never really been a driving game fan, but this game makes me wonder if i've been missing something all these years. Visually it's breathtaking, I honestly have never seen any game, driving or not, that looks this good. Quite amazing. The gameplay is very rewarding and moreish, I picked it up and intended to play it for 10 minutes or so (it's my brother's game) and that was 3 hoursI've never really been a driving game fan, but this game makes me wonder if i've been missing something all these years. Visually it's breathtaking, I honestly have never seen any game, driving or not, that looks this good. Quite amazing. The gameplay is very rewarding and moreish, I picked it up and intended to play it for 10 minutes or so (it's my brother's game) and that was 3 hours ago, I have just stopped to take a break. If I was to criticize it at all I would say that the online game mode needs some extra features, but i'm sure that will come in time. Expand
  43. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics of the game is what makes it appealing mostly. The driving is actually pretty responsive and the handling for each car is different which makes the game actually fun when unlocking new cars. Wish it was open world but its track offer different styles of play whether you want to speed up on straight aways or test your turning skills.
  44. Oct 7, 2014
    The game is very linear, weak songs and a few cars ... get bored very fast, it may be that with the updates is likely to improve and maybe go out in plus ... but for now do not recommend buying this game, when you have Projects Cars and The Crew.
  45. Oct 7, 2014
    Erm, So, Driveclub. The game looks rather dashing in all its HD splendour, but that is as deep as the satisfaction of playing the game goes unfortunately. It all becomes rather droll after you realise that the roster of cars is severely limited, there is neigh on any customization in sight and the gameplay is more akin to mario cart than an arcade racer based in reality. Look to theErm, So, Driveclub. The game looks rather dashing in all its HD splendour, but that is as deep as the satisfaction of playing the game goes unfortunately. It all becomes rather droll after you realise that the roster of cars is severely limited, there is neigh on any customization in sight and the gameplay is more akin to mario cart than an arcade racer based in reality. Look to the Horizon *wink for your arcade racing needs. If you are unfortunately a PS only gamer your best bet would be to see how the crew pans out and perhaps give that a go. Expand
  46. Oct 7, 2014
    If your a fan of old classic drift racers like Ridge Racer (when it was good) Metropolis Street Racer and Project Gotham Racing then get ready for a blast from the past with DriveClub! A common misconception it that DC is a sim, probably because of it's beautiful realistic visuals when in fact it's a drift style arcade racer with bonus points given for racing without running into otherIf your a fan of old classic drift racers like Ridge Racer (when it was good) Metropolis Street Racer and Project Gotham Racing then get ready for a blast from the past with DriveClub! A common misconception it that DC is a sim, probably because of it's beautiful realistic visuals when in fact it's a drift style arcade racer with bonus points given for racing without running into other racers, hitting walls, cornering well (Think PGR Kudos system). If you arn't into drift type racing games you'll want to pick cars with low drift capabilities. That's just means that they will grip the road better and you won't have to slide into turns so much (think Ridge Racers Drift cars vs Grip cars) As of this writing the games online feature wasn't available but unless they really drop the ball with online I don't see why did wouldn't add to the replayability in spades. Any fanboys who want to rip on this game is kind of funny because if this was called PGR 5 (exclusive) for Xbox one they would be universally praising it as a great alternative for people who don't care for Forza Horizons 2 ( another great game) Open world racing. It's a shame that the weather and photo mode will be patched in later but at least it's free, this is a solid new IP who's extra year of development was well spent. Solid 8/10 Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2014
    Poor play and linear, if skidding off the track, your car is reset, that made all the graphs were created realism thrown in the trash, the game does not give you the freedom to do anything, everything follows a line. Worthy of two generations past.
  48. Oct 7, 2014
    Amazingly boring, there's nothing in this game that is done right, maybe the graphics, but no what i would expect of this generation, i'll wait for a gran turismo, maybe then sony makes my time and money worth.
  49. Oct 7, 2014
    Excellent game, game of the year! The graphics are simply stunning and i like all the social aspect of the game aswell. This game is a must buy for any ps4 owner
  50. Oct 7, 2014
    This game is garbage!!! Arcade racing, no replays, no damage, no physics, no wheel support, invisible walls.etc, etc This is fail. This game recommended only for little kids.
  51. Oct 7, 2014
    Game feels incomplete. It's not fun to play and the tracks feel empty. No track life, no weather, clubs was not working. Looks good in some places - tunnels, some lighting, fireworks. Other places look unfinished (damage, grass). I would not recommend this game as a PS4 owner.
  52. Oct 7, 2014
    A stunning game without parallel, if FH2 was on PS4 itb would get steamrolled by this superior racer. Its a shame this game has been targeted by xbox fools who have nothing better to do because they baught a piece of **** This has been the most coordinated and sustained attack on a videogame I have ever seen and is a testament to how microsoft has poisoned the gaming industry.
  53. Oct 7, 2014
    Just bought a PS4 last week, and Driveclub today, if you're a racing fan make sure to get this, it wont disappoint!
    I'm enjoying it very much, and the graphical detail in this game is absolutely unbelievable, this has to be the best looking game ever made.
    I would be very angry if I didn't own a PS4 and only a Xboxone of PC and I weren't able to try this out.
  54. Oct 7, 2014
    Great game, its addicting and will have you playimg tryimg to beat records. The graphics are gorgeous, the tracks are great. This game is worth it. If you are a fan of cars you get to race todayas most exotic cars, this is the game for you.
  55. Oct 7, 2014
    Pefect sound design, graphics, car handling, social/online features with great replay value... It is the spiritual successor of PGR, the IP that sadly MS ditched in favor of the much inferior Forza. Now that gap is filled by Drivclub.
  56. Nov 30, 2015
    Got myself this week to buy Driveclub and i totally regret it even though i only payed 13€ for the game and season pass.

The AI is a complete Mess. Drifting seems really unfinished since it barely works. This game simply doesnt know if its a simulation or a arcade Racer. Game just been a horrible experience for me even though i only payed 13€ euros for it. The graphic is pretty

The graphic is pretty nice though so one point for that. ;)
  57. Apr 24, 2015
    I played DriveClub when it came out, and the online features were totally unfonctionnal, apparently a lot of patches corrected the problem, but anyway, the car handling is weird, I'm still waiting for a good race game on PS4, I hope Project CARS will be the good one.

Damages : BAD Cars : OK Handling : MEDIOCRE Tracks : OK Online features : BAD Solo content : OK Multiplayer content

Damages : BAD
    Graphics : OK
    Sound & Music : MEDIOCRE

Worth the price : No => Don't give more than 20€ for DriveClub
  58. Apr 23, 2016
    todo son gráficos, la conducción es espantosa ni árcade ni simulación, un apartado visual que lo han reventado con el penoso control, te aburre al par de horas de jugarlo.
  59. Jun 19, 2016
    Im running most recent driveclub patch 1.27 and system software 3.50 , and the game freezes within 30 seconds of starting a race. A company that will charge real money for a completely broken game is simply justifying piracy.
  60. Apr 30, 2015
    3 steps on how to make Driveclub:

Step 1: Start out by making driving mechanics.
    Step 2: Add some impressive graphics.
    Step 3: Wait no those graphics are good enough, lets work on the graphics and just use the Watch_Dogs driving mechanics...
  61. Jun 29, 2015
    Driveclub is one of the most painfully average and boring games I have played in a while. I love racing games, from the completely wacky games like Mario Kart to somewhat realistic games like Need for Speed. Driveclub does nothing different though. There are so many other games that do what Driveclub does much better. Pass on it.

Pros +Graphics and animations are nice to look at. +If

Pros
    +Graphics and animations are nice to look at.
    +If you like cars....there is plenty of cars.
    +Challenges that are displayed during the race are a nice touch.
    +Sometimes the races can be fun?.. I am really stretching here.
    +All camera options work well.

Cons
    -The control seems slippery to me. It's harder to drift than other racing games.
    -Some track designs are so tight and its very easy to bump into other racers (WHICH YOU GET PENALIZED FOR). And having 12 cars on these tight tracks is a complete mess.
    -Seriously, getting penalized for HITTING OTHER RACERS?! I can see if this is in a NASCAR-like grand prix but no, STREET RACES. THAT'S. SO. DUMB.
    -It's just an normal racing game. We have so many of those already, why is Driveclub necessary?
    -I fell asleep playing this game. It's that boring.

This game is for people who
    +like cars
    +just want to play a newer realistic racing game

This game is not for people who
    -are like me and enjoy games like Need for Speed or any Kart Racers.
    -want have a silky-smooth drifting control
    -want a fresh, original perspective on racing games.

Give the game a play if you are curious, it's free for PlayStation Plus currently. But honestly, just stick with the racing games you already enjoy playing.
    Final Score: 4.8/10 (rounded to a 5/10)
  62. Jul 4, 2015
    Pretty disappointing experience on this one. I can't fault the graphics at all and the sfx are pretty good and immersing. But the control of the cars is shocking, usually you're either spinning, getting knocked about by the other cars or clipping unforgiving scenery. The learning curve is a painful experience getting into an overpowered Ferrari after roughly 4 races couple with rain. IPretty disappointing experience on this one. I can't fault the graphics at all and the sfx are pretty good and immersing. But the control of the cars is shocking, usually you're either spinning, getting knocked about by the other cars or clipping unforgiving scenery. The learning curve is a painful experience getting into an overpowered Ferrari after roughly 4 races couple with rain. I really don't understand the reward system. After winning a couple of races (somehow) I don't feel like I managed I achieved anything at all.

I did enjoy designing my clubs badge though.
  63. Jul 11, 2015
    worst racing game i ever played.
    no customizing - only **** stickers, no damage( scratches on headlights and a body made out of crumpled paper can not be called damage), no physics, cpu drivers with no ai.
    there is no graphics, which everyone says- just look at the spectators around the track - is the level of the first Virtua Fighter. invisible walls, car resets after few seconds out
    worst racing game i ever played.
    invisible walls, car resets after few seconds out of track, photo mode is worse than in the Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2.
    very poor sounds.
    vaunted rain pours only over your car within 50 meters- it is easy to see when leaving any tunnel in the raining race.
    if not complete absence of exclusive racing games on the PS4, this game does not deserve to 1 score.
    unfortunately I bought this game.
    fortunately I did not buy any supplements, so I has got off relatively cheaply.
    my heartfelt condolences to who bought the a seasonal pass.
  64. Nov 7, 2015
    They screwed up in one major detail. The game has really low fps. It hurts my brain, and it makes the game unplayable, because it makes me lose all sense of how fast the car is going. To sacrifice fps for flashy graphics is like the worst thing you can do as a dev, if you're not even going to leave the option to lower the graphics quality in.
  65. Sep 12, 2016
    If you're looking for entertainment, get whatever NFS is out at the moment. If you want a racing sim or at least a realistic driving game, get a PC or XBone, because it looks like GT7/Sport/whatever they're calling it now is not coming out any time soon.
    This game looks pretty, but that's about it. Cars handle unrealistically (even in hardcore mode), the game penalises you for hitting walls by preventing you from accelerating for a period of time (doesn't seem to penalise the AI though) and is mostly an exercise in frustration, which would be fine if they got the handling right. Spoiler: they don't.
    I have a great deal of experience with driving games, both within the Forza and GT series and on more 'serious' simulators and in all conscience, I can't give this anything higher than a 4. Customisation is limited to paint jobs and that's about it.
    This game doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a tame laugh or a serious driving game and as a result, fails woefully to be either.
    If you want to be penalised heavily for your mistakes, I suggest a WRC or F1 game, because at least they get the physics right.
    4 points for the pretty rain effects. Everything else is pretty naff.
  66. Apr 1, 2017
    Good : Impressive & Gorgeous Visuals.

Bad : Ok Where Do I Start, You Cant Buy A Car, Can't Customize Your Car : No Performance Upgrades & No Body Works, Other Then Some Ugly Liveries BUUUUUUUUUUT You Can Customize Your Driver. No Difficulty Alteration, Very Limited Wide Tracks, Limited To Few Sound Tracks. Worst : Moron AI, Drives Like Ass***e Continuously Hitting & Ramming You, Most
    Good : Impressive & Gorgeous Visuals.

Worst : Moron AI, Drives Like Ass***e Continuously Hitting & Ramming You, Most Annoying Trash Is Penalties, Drove Off Road = Penalty, Hit Some One = Penalty, Get Minor Cut = Penalty, Penalties Will Subtract Your Fame i.e In Game Points And Also Halts Your Speed, Cosmetic Damage Looks Unreal, Controls Are Just Ok And Braking Is Awful. i Just Couldn't Bare This Terrible Game Any More.
  67. Oct 12, 2014
    I have been playing this all day on my new PS4. It is somewhat disappointing, especially since it was delayed a year. Now, let me say the graphics are amazing, truly next gen, and the leader board design is nice but, the game is well wonky in many other design aspects. It seems to try to fit different styles of game play into one game but, doing so it completely misses the mark atI have been playing this all day on my new PS4. It is somewhat disappointing, especially since it was delayed a year. Now, let me say the graphics are amazing, truly next gen, and the leader board design is nice but, the game is well wonky in many other design aspects. It seems to try to fit different styles of game play into one game but, doing so it completely misses the mark at each. At moments you feel like it is trying to act like a simulation at other times if feels it is applying an arcade aspect to the way the cars handle. Doing so makes the game feel unbalanced. The other basics you expect from a modern racing game are not here. For example, there is no real car customization of any type and the choice of cars is very limited (although they are very pretty.) Expand
  68. Nov 5, 2014
    This game was my most disappointing purchase of the year. It just really didn't do it for me. I find the driving mechanics to be neither natural or fun, neither simulation or arcade. It just feels wonky and repetitive. It's beautiful to look at and sounds amazing. But that's about it. The lobby is awful for online multiplayer: slow, crashes, frozen while you wait...lastly, I think pointsThis game was my most disappointing purchase of the year. It just really didn't do it for me. I find the driving mechanics to be neither natural or fun, neither simulation or arcade. It just feels wonky and repetitive. It's beautiful to look at and sounds amazing. But that's about it. The lobby is awful for online multiplayer: slow, crashes, frozen while you wait...lastly, I think points have to be taken off for the massive release delays and the terrible launch. It took weeks to be able to really get online. Expand
  69. Oct 16, 2014
    Very limited features for any driving game in 2014 and feels every part the mediocre free to play experience you might expect.

The driving is a strange balance between sim and arcade and does neither well with an end result that is as confusing as much as it is uninteresting and unenjoyable. The visuals are great with steady framerate, but no more so than any other driving games

The visuals are great with steady framerate, but no more so than any other driving games released in the same year.

Layered in social features, this game probably caters well to it's target demographic, but as a game in its own right, its lack of features, poor launch quality and wholly uninteresting core driving experience make this one of the most forgettable driving games in recent memory.
  70. Oct 19, 2014
    -- Wait for the free version --

Driveclub has many problems. Even when the game is working properly it's both bland and solid. The in-game sound reminds me a lot of the original playstation. it's there, but it isn't great. music is fast paced electric genre. there doesn't seem to be many songs though. most engines don't have a personality and the off-track noises sound ripped out of
    -- Wait for the free version --

The in-game sound reminds me a lot of the original playstation. it's there, but it isn't great. music is fast paced electric genre. there doesn't seem to be many songs though. most engines don't have a personality and the off-track noises sound ripped out of ps1. it's quite awkward. that word really sums this game up. it's not bad or good. it's awkward.

The handling isn't like any other racer i've played. it does what you don't expect it do it. it's pretty easy to drive yet you never really know if the wheels will lose grip or not.

The AI is odd too. sometimes they all follow each other in a line. other times they will give you a ram. there's a little bit of 'catch up' if you fall behind. but you won't generally get 3 seconds ahead.

The car list is the biggest problem with the game. (except for online still struggling to work a week after launch) it's ALL euro cars. yet there's no lamborghini. there's also no true american cars or japanese cars. but there's some hot hatches which are each very boring to race with. again, awkward is the key word.

there's not many modes. there's drift (which is actually powersliding because you don't really drift. there's assists that you can't turn off which prevents you from drifting) then there's standard races. that's it. so single player is pretty vanilla. the tracks are okay. not professionally designed but some are pretty good. others are just there...

The graphics are nice and the clubs are a decent feature. it's a very accessible game but there's not a lot to do. this game has awkwardness that just left me confused which has never happened to me before.
  71. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is a broken mess. Lets compare it to Forza Horizon 2, which I also have. Not had any real complaints on Horizon 2 except maybe to many off road tracks. You get in your car and you pretty much spend the whole time driving and having fun, online and offline. Even between each race there a race to the start of another racer. There is very little down time waiting for things toThis game is a broken mess. Lets compare it to Forza Horizon 2, which I also have. Not had any real complaints on Horizon 2 except maybe to many off road tracks. You get in your car and you pretty much spend the whole time driving and having fun, online and offline. Even between each race there a race to the start of another racer. There is very little down time waiting for things to happen. Driveclub on the other hand where do I start. The online works about 50 percent of the time. Even if you do get in a match it takes probably 5 minutes before you even get to race. The darks are so dark that I can't even see the road. I have adjusted my tv everyway possible and it is still way to dark to play the game. Even during daylight times with some overcast. There is no brightness or gamma correction settings in the game. No possible way to adjust the picture except with your tv. Only game I have ever seen not have a brightness setting, what a joke! If playstation 4 is supposed to be so great then why is it I find my self always on my 360 and xbox one. This is my friendly advice don't buy Driveclub. If you have not bought a new system and are trying to decide and are a heavy online gamer I would recommend Xbox One. In my experience, Microsoft seems to have a better grip on running online game servers. Also, I am not a fan boy I have all the systems. To me it is about the games and so far xbox one has had the more enjoyably 1st party games. Expand
  72. Jun 14, 2015
    Driveclub you say? All you do is drive and watch the poorly made physics and design of this game until it gives you cancer. Pretty, as usual but poor simulation to what it's supposed to be is a big no-no. Sony failed again to deliver greatness. All the obese gamers won't last long to finally experience something decent enough.
  73. Oct 12, 2014
    Driveclub suffers from various problems, the most notable of which is its severe lack of content. This is a game that simply doesn't compete with most of today's racing games. To make matters worse, the racing experience isn't very exciting. Games like Need for Speed, Forza Horizon 2, and GRID handle a lot better.

Driveclub does have some good qualities, though. It looks fantastic, and

Driveclub does have some good qualities, though. It looks fantastic, and the audio is great. It also has some great ideas such as the Faceoff and corner flag systems.

Considering how little entertainment I got from the full game, I can't recommend it.
  74. Oct 18, 2014
    Not worth more like 20 €.

Why is that? Well, it looks so but under the beautiful appearance is installed a Trabi engine. It has only a few cars, a few lines and a game that is designed to Arcade. Unfortunately, there is Strefen when transgressed the side panel. But this is more towards simulation. Opponents remain stubborn on the racing line and if you you will be punished rams.
    Not worth more like 20 €.

Why is that?
    Opponents remain stubborn on the racing line and if you you will be punished rams. Explain to me please times a sense it.
  75. Dec 6, 2014
    Now the server issues have been mostly resolved the game can now show us what its really about, and that is thats a very pretty game that has a good idea behind it but somewhat fails to deliver the messege 8//10
  76. Oct 11, 2014
    Forgettable game, good graphics but nothing more.. i just cant play online dont know why, the game its to much arcade and the sound its horrible. I can not recommend this game
  77. Oct 12, 2014
    The game is just barely fine, its more like disappointment.
    the "Next-Gen" social-racing game is completely offline (as for now), this is unacceptable, i dont know how can sony release a game in this condition.
    the graphics are "Good", but definitely not as AMAZING as you might think. but put all that aside, the game A.I is just so brutal, the game will punish you for A.I cars that
    The game is just barely fine, its more like disappointment.
    the graphics are "Good", but definitely not as AMAZING as you might think.
    but put all that aside, the game A.I is just so brutal, the game will punish you for A.I cars that ramming into you!! how can i be punished for someone else mistakes?
    this is bad, while the driving mechanic is find, i really find the game frustrating at those points.
    an overall is 6/10.
    the game if just "Fine", nothing more.
    the servers are offline for almost a week now, very bad for 1st party next-gen game.
  78. Oct 13, 2014
    Drive Club is mediocre at best. The arcadey handling of the cars is disappointing, as is the lack of features and car customization. The graphics are stunning, however the backgrounds do stutter on the odd occasion. To say this game was delayed by nearly a year and this is the full versions, I have to say I'm very underwhelmed by it. And don't get me started about the online server issuesDrive Club is mediocre at best. The arcadey handling of the cars is disappointing, as is the lack of features and car customization. The graphics are stunning, however the backgrounds do stutter on the odd occasion. To say this game was delayed by nearly a year and this is the full versions, I have to say I'm very underwhelmed by it. And don't get me started about the online server issues Why didn't they beta test this game so they'd get an idea of how their servers cope with the traffic?.......The developers were claiming this game would be a Forza Killer, which is absolutely laughable now, because it clearly isn't. I'm afraid PS4 gamers will have to hope that Project Cars fills the void until Gran Turismo 7 comes out. Drive Club isn't that must have exclusive racer for the PS4 I'm afraid, and overall it's a pretty dull driving experience.. Expand
  79. Oct 29, 2014
    The game feels unfinished, the game lacks content, the AI is horrendous, and opponent racers will constantly crash into you, and the game has too little cars to drive. The game plays at a slower pace, and goes for a more realistic and arcade racing game, (Which in my opinion, I like) but as I stated, there are a tons of flaws. The game is gorgeous, and the driving feels quite nice, andThe game feels unfinished, the game lacks content, the AI is horrendous, and opponent racers will constantly crash into you, and the game has too little cars to drive. The game plays at a slower pace, and goes for a more realistic and arcade racing game, (Which in my opinion, I like) but as I stated, there are a tons of flaws. The game is gorgeous, and the driving feels quite nice, and that's the only really good thing I can say about the game. The game lacks game modes, and is too repetitive, 'Maps' look too similar to each other, and you can only change the color of your cars, and only specific cars can only be used in specific races. There will be no free-roam found (Which I don't find an issue, but others most likely will), the camera feels a lot like Sleeping Dogs, which gave me a head-ache.

But the thing that bothers me most, is the $60-70 price tag. This game should only cos $30 and it can feel like a free-to-play game time to time.

The game is fun but greatly disappointing. I would pass on this one till a price drop occurs.
  80. Mar 12, 2015
    Driveclub is a different game now to what it was for the first few months so the reviews do not really represent the whole experience as it exists now. There are many more tracks and cars, online play is stable (with a few hiccups here and there), challenges work, the weather system has been implemented and the gameplay has been tweaked in response to people's requests. e.g.Corner andDriveclub is a different game now to what it was for the first few months so the reviews do not really represent the whole experience as it exists now. There are many more tracks and cars, online play is stable (with a few hiccups here and there), challenges work, the weather system has been implemented and the gameplay has been tweaked in response to people's requests. e.g.Corner and collision penalties are not as severe as they were at launch.
    All in all it is a great package with benchmark setting visuals, amazing sound, a tight driving model, varied tracks and locations and a wide range of cars which handle very differently.
    It's an awesome game.
  81. Mar 22, 2015
    This game is a joke. Three modes of racing?! Multiplayer that disconects all the time and that poor selection of cars and customization. Tracks are generic without something special. Game looks nice but to buy this at full price you must be crazy. Graphics are a big positive but thats it. This game lacks any substance.
    Don't buy. Maybe if you're a race game freak then you could try it but
    Don't buy. Maybe if you're a race game freak then you could try it but for every one else it's a skip.
    It's a three out of ten.
  82. May 5, 2015
    TLDR: Very pretty but ultimately unsatisfying. The tracks and cars are beautiful but after limited progression in single player you will find that it get quite competitive and a second or two delay on the track will mean you have to repeat. Seeing as this is the case it's a pity that the AI doesn't seem to care where you are on the track. They will follow the best line and if you are inTLDR: Very pretty but ultimately unsatisfying. The tracks and cars are beautiful but after limited progression in single player you will find that it get quite competitive and a second or two delay on the track will mean you have to repeat. Seeing as this is the case it's a pity that the AI doesn't seem to care where you are on the track. They will follow the best line and if you are in the way they will make minimal effort to deviate. Two problems with this: (1) I am not a computer and 95% of the time I'll deviate from the best path (2) if you're trying to catch them they NEVER make a mistake. This results in the competitive levels just being frustrating, requiring many, many repetitions waiting for you to get lucky. This game looks pretty and is good for a few races, but don't expect longevity as it will just be frustrating. Expand
  83. Mar 11, 2015
    This game is way better than I expected. I don’t usually play/like racing games but this is a decent one. The only thing that I really disappoint me in this game is that the dynamic weather is not available in the tour or the free DLC tours. That makes me wonder if I should get the season pass, because the weather is stunning when you race, but the cost of the season pass is half the priceThis game is way better than I expected. I don’t usually play/like racing games but this is a decent one. The only thing that I really disappoint me in this game is that the dynamic weather is not available in the tour or the free DLC tours. That makes me wonder if I should get the season pass, because the weather is stunning when you race, but the cost of the season pass is half the price of the game.
    Strengths:
    - The graphics
    - Easy to pick up but hard to master
    - The variety of tracks
    - Free cars and DLC
    - A good progression system

Weaknesses:
    - DLC (too pricey)
    - No dynamic weather in the tours without paying
    - The clubs, I feel that I barely did anything for my club, and yet I got so many new cars because of the other club members. (I have 2 million points, and my club 30 millions, only 3 members…)
  84. Jan 21, 2015
    nothing special about this game, it should have come as a Pre-loaded game free on the PS4 and on the X box one consoles instead, its really not worth the price.......
  85. Jan 28, 2015
    I was thoroughly disappointed with this game. After waiting for it to come out for over 2 years and the release date being pushed back twice, it was a disappointment. The online features didn't live up to the hype, and the AI in single player had super cars touching which would make the player spin out too frequently.
  86. Apr 6, 2015
    Very good game, a game that is underrated, great graphics with fantastic physics. I have it and its very entertaining very challenging game. A game with very good cars, and places to race.
  87. May 9, 2015
    Despite its chaotic development, this is the most underrated game ever (especially sicne last update with weather etc.)
    The game is incridibely beautiful (much more than any other racing game, pcars look old gen compare to it), it's fun, car selection is good, weather is STUNNING!
    Hope they'll make a second driveclub (with maybe also some cities tracks). My favorite racing game so

Hope they'll make a second driveclub (with maybe also some cities tracks).

My favorite racing game so far (and i've played racing games on every cosnoles since the first atari)
  88. Jun 12, 2015
    Great graphics, great handling, but all this panned by agressive AI, lack of any kind of helpers (breaking marks, etc) and difficult settings. Many times I was hit by the AI in the last curve... something horrible to experience and when you do you lose seconds. Its not a kind of game you pick to have fun or to relax, you are always stresses thinking about the next time you will be checkedGreat graphics, great handling, but all this panned by agressive AI, lack of any kind of helpers (breaking marks, etc) and difficult settings. Many times I was hit by the AI in the last curve... something horrible to experience and when you do you lose seconds. Its not a kind of game you pick to have fun or to relax, you are always stresses thinking about the next time you will be checked by this dumb AI. Expand
  89. Jul 5, 2015
    Experience was:
    - oh, it looks pretty, ok
    - ehm... sound? I barely can define sound of my engine and music, besides, sound of opponents engines is so loud. But ok, lets tweak it in settings.. what? Still? well, okay. - Menu, ooo-okay, so many races. 30mins later... - so many races and all the same. - opponents AI are just driving in perfect boring line, they hit me on their way
    Experience was:
    - oh, it looks pretty, ok
    - Menu, ooo-okay, so many races.

30mins later...

- so many races and all the same.
    - opponents AI are just driving in perfect boring line, they hit me on their way just ignoring me, and ME is getting penalty -points. O_o

may be multiplayer will be more fun?

- omg... what a mess. Because of short tracks, everyone is in rush to finish, that they push and hit each other just to push opponent from the road, absolutely no race feeling more like Flatout O_o..
    - Cars controls is pile of **** Just like whole game....

Sorry developers, I know you worked hard on it, you invested energy and years of your life, but game you released is just another pile of crap, there is absolutely no reason for it to exist, absolutely not fun product.
  90. Oct 25, 2014
    Good thing is nobody say me what i need say about game :P. Don't believe big sites reviews for DC i know what i say. Game have only nice graphics and nothing more to offer for players. 225 chalenges in Tour, Time Trials, Races, Drifts and broken multiplayer that's all what game have for you. Idk what Evolution Studio try create but is not this what players want. Okay we have a exclusiveGood thing is nobody say me what i need say about game :P. Don't believe big sites reviews for DC i know what i say. Game have only nice graphics and nothing more to offer for players. 225 chalenges in Tour, Time Trials, Races, Drifts and broken multiplayer that's all what game have for you. Idk what Evolution Studio try create but is not this what players want. Okay we have a exclusive title and nothing more. If you want you cars (unlocked via club lvl) you need be a online - LOL. Insane A.I little mistake or AI drive your butt and you need start all race again. Game can give you a enalty when you don't do any mistake :P You buy game only for you own risk.

Better idea is get for this money pizza, beer, take you wife/girl to restaurant or buy another game.
  91. Oct 10, 2014
    I will put it very simply - If you want a game that is similar to grand turismo then do not purchase DriveClub. Perhaps I was wrong in my anticipation, however I was expecting a game with similar levels of customisation. I was wrong... oh so wrong.

I have had this game on pre-order for almost 6 months, I was hugely excited for it and could not wait to get it home to play on day 1. Upon loading it you are thrown into a race which is good, but that was when I started to see some cracks in the gorgeous veneer... firstly you are penalised for when another car rams you - THE AI is not exactly smart - let me leave it there. Secondly you are penalised for hitting a wall or going off track (3 seconds and you're reset) - this all left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I forgave it and finished the race thinking I could change options in the menu on difficulty etc... no. You can't do that.

Okay I thought. Well let me modify my car and see what I can do. No. You can't do that.
    Right.

Well let me try some of the mulitplayer features. No. They don't work at the moment, and have not all week. Right.

I have played the game since it came out, the physics are enjoyable if not a bit too arcade like for my personal taste, the cars all handle uniquely and are beautifully rendered - with particular note given to the interiors - they are breath-taking. The sounds are good so long as you're out of the car, inside (which is where I like to drive) not so much... its muffled and barely audible, this was another let down for me. The tracks and environments are nice, but looked rather poor in comparison to the cars themselves. For some reason it does not look as good as what I have seen the developer showing off - perhaps it is just me?

Why have I given a score of 1? Because I have since returned my copy. It failed to meet my expectations, the sound was sloppy, a distinct lack of cars outside of European, it does not look as visually stunning as I was expecting, the lack of any multiplayer functionality at the moment and the complete lack of car customisation was the final and huge nail in the coffin.

It's a pretty game yes - but please, only buy this is you want a simple arcade type racer... if so then you'll enjoy it. If you're like me and were expecting something on the levels of Grand Turismo customisation then you'll need to look elsewhere.
  92. Oct 10, 2014
    Was bitte ist denn das für ein Spiel? Habe Driveclub vorgestern gekauft um zu sehen, ob es der Bewertung hier gerecht wird. Ofmals sind es ja einfach die Fanboys der jeweils anderen Konsole die ein Spiel schlecht machen. Hier kann ich die Bewertung aber komplett nachvollziehen.
    Was bitte ist denn das für ein Spiel und warum gab s eine Release verschiebung von fast 11 Monaten?

Fahrphysik: Es fühlt sich zwar nicht schwammig an aber man hat auch zu keinem Zeitpunkt das Gefühl das Fahrzeug im Grenzbereich fahren zu können. Entweder man hat Grip oder man rutsch bereits unberechenbar und bekommt ausser einem gleichmässigen quitschen der Reifen kein Feedback vom Spiel (zumindest habe ich es so empfunden).
    Spielumfang: Der hat mich persönlich ja am meisten gestört. Das Spiel bietet zwar einige Community Features, die sind aber alles andere als eine Revolution. Irgendwie hat man das alles, genau so oder zumindest in ähnlicher Form, schonmal gesehen. Eine Revolution ist das nicht und da das Spiel angeblich wegen genau dieser Features verschoben wurde, frage ich mich warum? Der Rest des Umfangs ist eher beschränkt... ein paar Autos, ein paar Strecken. Sonst NICHTS... wirklich, dass war es schon.
    Grafik: Meiner persönlichen Meinung nach eher Mittelmaß. Für ein Racing Game eventuell nicht schlecht aber mich haut es nicht um.

Alles in allem ist Driveclub für mich kein vollständiges Spiel das in vielen Punkten enttäuscht. Ok, es hat mehr als 2 Punkte verdiehnt aber die User Score von aktuell 5.9 halte ich für einen solchen Titel och etwas zu hoch gegriffen. Von mir gibt es daher nur 5 Punkte.
  93. Oct 16, 2014
    £55 for a special edition of an unfinished game and still no playable social multiplayer, well for me at least. Still no sign of a solution and £55 poorer for buying a single player arcade racer which graphics and sound fx are good to be fair. Not worth £55 and I for one am hoping for compensation. Farcical.
  94. Oct 20, 2014
    Fantastic graphic. Good sound. Limited choices and after playing a while? Boredom...after playing a significant time? Frustration...races become cutting edge and there is no time for "corner penalty" or "collission penalty" in ridiculous&unfair situations.Try racing Ferraris with a aircraft carrier continental GT as your only option on a tight and curvy circuit. Real fun! ..if you likeFantastic graphic. Good sound. Limited choices and after playing a while? Boredom...after playing a significant time? Frustration...races become cutting edge and there is no time for "corner penalty" or "collission penalty" in ridiculous&unfair situations.Try racing Ferraris with a aircraft carrier continental GT as your only option on a tight and curvy circuit. Real fun! ..if you like utter frustration. "Your connection to the driveclub server has been lost". Expand
  95. Oct 11, 2014
    DriveClub is a good game with a good AI and graphics in line with other games PS4 but unfortunately the online server will affect the quality as the game was presented as a driving game where the particularity of being interconnected between offline and online mode
  96. May 9, 2015
    I never write reviews with this bad of a score, I think this is the lowest I've ever scored a game. Let me begin with what's wrong with this game:

1. 50 cars only, almost unanimously European. I like European cars but this showing is a joke. 2. Physics are awful, penalty system inconsistent (improved with 10gb update, but still bad) 3. NO CUSTOMIZATION OF VEHICLES 4. You can't change

3. NO CUSTOMIZATION OF VEHICLES
    4. You can't change the paint job of cars before a race, you have to actually save the color red as a custom paint job from the garage and then save it.
    5. AI is overly aggressive on one hand, yet aggression from your end is punished severely
    6. Cups and events are meaningless objectives you do to level up to unlock new cars. There's no sense of ownership over cars, and no sense of achievement for winning races (aka get stars for doing objectives).

The good:
    1. Good graphics and textures (with 50 car roster that's expected)
    2. Aftermarket support (Good on them, but feels like they're polishing a turd at this point, and it's mostly including features like weather and bug fixes)
    3. Sounds great

The reason I'm giving this such a low score is because it's just not fun. It's an exercise in frustration and this is a strong don't buy, don't rent, don't try. There seems to be some new car games coming out soon that I'd bet on rather than this.
  97. Dec 14, 2014
    My first experience of Driveclub was only three weeks ago, and after the initial stories of a game woefully unfinished, disgruntled gamers trading it back early and warnings that it really was not very good at all, I couldn't help but wander what I had let myself in for?

Well, thankfully, these fears were all unfounded, and I will come back to them I promise. Driveclub is the latest title from Evolution, the people who gave us the wonderful chaos of Motorstorm and the sequel, Apocalypse. Both of those titles still stand out not only to myself, but anyone who wanted something different from their racers.

Starting off, I have to go to the presentation. Menus are clean and fast, you really don't get lost anywhere, and this is a major plus. Perhaps in some of the more complex gameplay options they can be a little limiting, but for the most part they're designed so that you can go back to the most important part (the racing!!) as soon as.

Graphically, the game is probably the best-looking racer out there (certainly it is the best looking racer I've ever seen) - at any point in the game there are endless racers hammering it around the track, complex textures on cars and the track, with sublime lighting - and it doesn't ever jitter ONCE. If you wanted one graphical reference title for our PS4, something to make your friends jealous, make it this one.

The sound is disappointing though, and perhaps made all the more disappointing by the wonderful graphics. The engines sound meaty, and the sound effects are good, but there isn't anything that involves you. If you doubt my opinion in any way, go and play Need For Speed Shift on either the PS3 or XBOX 360, and drive the Ford Escort Cosworth - THAT is WHAT a racing game should sound like!! The music is okay, but its not there really for incident, and is just as part of the presentation, to fill in a necessary space, and immediately forgettable.

So onto the gameplay then - Driveclub's car feel is odd, and the somewhat chunky handling that merges just a little arcade with a good portion of sim (similar to Need for Speed Pro Street) really does take a while to get the hang of, but once you're there, then the really annoying nature of some of the tracks (designed to really involve might I add!!) changes to compulsion to master them, to beautiful effect. Its to the games benefit that it plays differently from say Codemaster's GRID series, and in kind of a way the game feels influenced from say Sega and Namco's later racers, in that they concentrated on the one pure thing, and avoided the gimmicks. There is no upgrading cars as such, the main meat of the game is purely on the racing, and later the social ascent of the racing. In a way, Evolution should be congratulated - this game cannot compare to the Gran Turismo's and the Forza's of this world and if you did, you'd be missing the point entirely. This is a racer not only built for veterans, but for newcomers after a change too.

Of the modes in the game then, it has to be said that the campaign mode is woefully short, so thankfully the online modes (now fully working by the way may I add) compensate, and also prove remarkably involving, but with one major stumbling block - to actually play an online race you require a PSN+ subscription, which I think quite honestly is a bit of a con. This game for the most part costs £50 on average, and the campaign's short length eventually forces you to try the game online for some racing, and then you have to pay - what gives? Still, provided you pay, the online stuff is now solid and really unmissable.

For my gripes though, I have to give massive kudos to Evolution for their constant updates on the game (the weather patch, released last week, really makes for some stunning racing through harsh weather!!), and releasing a lot of the early game packs for free as an apology for all the early issues is a good deed.

Overall, Driveclub is by no means the the ultimate driving game, and if you look at the separate components, then you're going to question whether this is worth playing. However, if you look past the flaws, and play it for what it is, and enjoy it the way its meant to be enjoyed, then you are going to have a lot of fun.

A different and slightly flawed racer, but all the better because it is different.
  98. Jan 12, 2015
    Mediocre is what Driveclub is. We can't accept this as a good "next-gen" racing game, since it looks as limited as mobile games like Real Racing.

-Single player modes are way too generic and simple. You just click in a specific event that usually are one or two races where you must end in the top 3 and made a specific time. -You can't even customize your cars (besides the livery).

-You can't even customize your cars (besides the livery). I'm not talking about complex customization, but very simple ones, like letting one specific car suit you driving style. The car's stats are really poor, since you can't even compare the stats between the cars available, actually you are stuck with very simple bars.

-Game is far from a racing simulator, but its arcade style are also far from cool, thanks to the poor collision system. In 1997 games like San Francisco RUSH already had collision system better than the one you will find in this game. I mean, the cars are indestructible. Actually, sometimes you make turn faster when you are colliding you car in the wall than when you are trying to make a clean driving. There is a weird collision and off road penalty, it means that if there is a very violent collision against another car or if you leave the asphalt for too long, your car will get a speed penalty for some seconds, but the problem is: you never know when such a thing will happen, sometimes violent collisions don't result in any kind of penalty but sometimes they do.

-The "club" aspect of the game are useless to be honest. You never understand why you need to join a club, since all you get are specific cars that are only unlocked if you reach specifics "club level" and there specific tournament that you can only get into if are part of a club. Bu why do I need a "club level", or cars and events that I can only play if I joined a club, since club events are exactly the same of those ones I can play without a club? Sometimes you are playing a online racing between 8 drives. The game will say 4 of them are from team Blue, and the other ones are from team Red. Thats one of the most pointless things I have ever seen in a racing game, because its obvious that I don't care if the guy I'm trying to overtake is 'Red" or "Blue". The clubs aspects for me only proves that some developers are getting wrong the future of games. Many of them are going "co-op" or "social" only for the sake of it. Lets think about FIFA series. Football is a collective game, but in videogames its essentially a individual thing. Racing is a very individual thing and just don't fit a club or team game.

-The game lacks things that I consider very important in racing game. After that epic race that you won after defending yourself from a much faster driver, there is no replay at all. Not only that, but there is no stats: (we will never know who made the fastest lap or who was the one that reached the top speed. Also, your total time to complete the racing won't be recorded and used in the global ranking, so after the driving of your life you will never know how good you really was, since only single-player stats are used to compare the players around the world). After a multiplayer match all you get are points to increase your level and your club levels and fame, and other silly stats.

-The game is beautiful, specially the cars. The environment feels lifeless and generic tough.

-What really saves this games is its multiplayer modes, not because of the nonsensical club thing, but because its still funny to drive against players around the world, and at the end of the say its has a very big online community playing the game (not a surprise, considering its one of the few racing games available for ps4 players). But the servers are still not perfect, as write this review (january, 2015), its almost impossible to play more than 3 races in a row without losing contact with the lobby.

Conclusion: after a decent amount of playing time with Driveclub, I was really shocked when I realized there is almost nothing this game offers that wouldn't expect to find in a mobile game like Real Racing 3 or Asphalt 8. Its way too simple and minimalist to what was supposed to be the first big racing game for PS4.
  99. Nov 4, 2014
    Forza killer? Really? Its a bad joke about some potential new ip. Nice graphics, nice screenshots, nice everything but bad servers and a ridiculous source code make a big game become a joke. Too bad.
  100. Nov 1, 2014
    Коммерческий мусор. Надо было что-то показать на презентации PS4. Сделали CG. Потом за полтора года старались хоть что-то сделать. Вранье, что игру перенесли на год для того, что бы отполировать. Любой человек поймет, что в ней нет такого количества контента, который полируют столько времени. Просто, на тот момент у них не было практически ничего.Коммерческий мусор. Надо было что-то показать на презентации PS4. Сделали CG. Потом за полтора года старались хоть что-то сделать. Вранье, что игру перенесли на год для того, что бы отполировать. Любой человек поймет, что в ней нет такого количества контента, который полируют столько времени. Просто, на тот момент у них не было практически ничего.

1. Mar 4, 2016
    Driveclub is a must-have for any PS4 racing fan. It’s ideal for anyone who enjoys a good arcade racer. It’s challenging, but teaches you how to overcome every single one. Because of this, Driveclub is far more rewarding than its peers. This coupled with fantastic graphical fidelity, impressive sound design, and adrenaline-inducing sense of speed makes Driveclub one of the best racing games available on current-gen systems.
  2. Games Master UK
    Dec 21, 2014
    When you're on the track Driveclub is stunning to behold, but it's held back by a lack of event types. [Christmas 2014, p.74]
  3. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2014
    The sense of speed offered by Driveclub reminded me of the brilliant first GRID and I was having a lot of fun until I realized that cars are indestructible. Whether you stroke a wooden fence or smash into another vehicle at 300 km/h your car drives exactly the same afterwards. [Dec 2014, p.66]