6.3

1. MSY
    Jan 18, 2014
    First things first, I love FIFA. I buy them every year for what is essentially a roster update. While it is the most realistic football game to date it is far from perfect and it is not the most "fun" football game either. Every year FIFA becomes more realistic, FIFA 10, 07 was so much fun to play. The entertainment aspect of FIFA suffers in favour of realism, whether that is good or badFirst things first, I love FIFA. I buy them every year for what is essentially a roster update. While it is the most realistic football game to date it is far from perfect and it is not the most "fun" football game either. Every year FIFA becomes more realistic, FIFA 10, 07 was so much fun to play. The entertainment aspect of FIFA suffers in favour of realism, whether that is good or bad is up to the player. For me it's bad.

The graphics are great, but it's disappointing that so many player models are generic and bland (didn't know Siem de Jong and Nicolai Boilesen were twins). The crowd is good but again, twins everywhere, even triplets. While it is a massive improvement from the previous games the crowd isn't perfect. If your opponent scores a goal, their fans start celebrating and if you manage to score while they're still celebrating, they'll keep celebrating, not even aware that you scored.

The quick throw-ins are not quick at all, if your opponent boots the ball out it should not take 50 in-game seconds to get the ball back in, your opponent can keep doing that, waste up to 20 in-game minutes per half and there would only be 5 minutes added on. "Quick" throw-ins take way too long, the clock doesn't stop until the player has the ball in his hands.

Ultimate team is fun, but the FIFA community ruins many of the aspects. The overhauled the chemistry system, making it harder for you to create a hybrid squad, encouraging people to create generic and boring one league, one country squads. No hybrids in sight anywhere, something, for me, that makes UT worth playing, seeing peoples creative teams. everyone just spams lobbed through balls to Sturridge, Remy, Ibarbo etc, and everyone does the lobbed through ball from kick-off. While it's easy to stop, it's annoying that you have to watch the opponents run every single time.

Not going to go into career mode, it's fun but the same as FIFA 13.
    No tournament mode
    EA servers have improved but still not perfect.
  2. Jan 12, 2014
    This game on xbox was so amazing and is hands down the best fifa ever. I have it on ps3 sadly and every day I play it, I cry inside as this is worse than fifa 12. Honestly the expectations I had after playong this on xbox 30 were so high but now I highly regret ever buying this piece of crap.
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    This game can easily score 9, but it's omission of Tournement mode makes it impossible to give this any more than 7/10. Should they update with the addition of tournament mode, this is by far the best FIFA game of all time.
  4. May 11, 2014
    It's a fun game, like all FIFA instalments, but I was hoping for more from the PS4 version.
    A lot of points made about gameplay in some of these poor reviews are actually valid, but I still have enjoy playing the game.
    I realise this one was made for last gen as well so definitely expecting some next level ish on FIFA 15.
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    As tactically gifted as you may be people will run rings round you if internet is against you for whatever reason. You win half your games when its on your side and you loose bad when its not, I'm not just a bad looser after years of playing you can just tell. To affected by the internet and not skill just like cod. I have 40 mb fibre optic no problems there. Great looking game though andAs tactically gifted as you may be people will run rings round you if internet is against you for whatever reason. You win half your games when its on your side and you loose bad when its not, I'm not just a bad looser after years of playing you can just tell. To affected by the internet and not skill just like cod. I have 40 mb fibre optic no problems there. Great looking game though and very realistic. I hope they toggle abit with tactical defending. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    This is big improvement from the ps3 version. player aren't as slow and I love the be new animations of the corner kick and throw ins, multiply player defending and attacking corners, and the actually trophie presentation, But you have to go a f**k it up and remove tournament mode. You guys manage to improve the game but f**k it up at the same time. I don't understand you EA.
  7. Dec 4, 2013
    You can play co op seasons, but, while this is an improvement on Fifa 14 for the last generation of consoles. It most certainly isn't a patch on Fifa 13. The dribbling has effectively been abolished from the game but slowing the game down dramatically. If you don't do one touch passing then you can easily be defended against but the opposition player simply holding the A button and RB. TheYou can play co op seasons, but, while this is an improvement on Fifa 14 for the last generation of consoles. It most certainly isn't a patch on Fifa 13. The dribbling has effectively been abolished from the game but slowing the game down dramatically. If you don't do one touch passing then you can easily be defended against but the opposition player simply holding the A button and RB. The majority of online players simply put as many defenders at the back as they can and Press L1 and triangle on the counter. When you have speedy or strong players it's quite easy to get goals like this. Also momentum is very much still in the game you'll notice on the 45 and 90 minute mark goals seem to go in an awful lot. When its raining the physics of the game completely mess up and the game seems to run about 10 frames per second slower than usual. The netcode for the game is completely messed up now and Fifa unfortunately seems to be getting worse and worse, year upon year. Single player plays fine as always but they just don't seem to want to address these multiplayer issues. Definitely needs some competition in the football game genre. Expand
  8. Jan 20, 2014
    First of all, the good part: Fifa Ultimate Team is really well done and makes you spend a lot of time creating a perfect team to play online with random opponents or friends. The animations in-game are well done and the game has a good interface. Now the bad part: The game isn't fluid, so is normal to lose the ball because of the time the player takes to dominate it, the passes areFirst of all, the good part: Fifa Ultimate Team is really well done and makes you spend a lot of time creating a perfect team to play online with random opponents or friends. The animations in-game are well done and the game has a good interface. Now the bad part: The game isn't fluid, so is normal to lose the ball because of the time the player takes to dominate it, the passes are completely random when you play a more difficult game and the biggest problem is the foul system. The fouls are completely random and if you're playing a videogame and your player falls without any action from the gamer, you just ask "Why?" while your player gets up slowly and you suffer a goal because of that. Online you have bad opponents or people who knows the problems of the game and capitalize it. There are missing modes and the game is flawed, as I always shout "Pro Evolution Soccer 2 for PS2 is more realistic than this!". It is true. Expand
  9. May 11, 2014
    I LOVE this game, but it does have its falling points.

GAMEPLAY This game plays very well, for the most part. The majority of the gameplay is great, but some of it needs to be reworked. The shooting is awesome with the 'Real Ball Physics' and with the news of them collaborating with Adidas for next year, it should only get better. The passing can be a little bit off sometimes, but
    I LOVE this game, but it does have its falling points.

GAMEPLAY

This game plays very well, for the most part. The majority of the gameplay is great, but some of it needs to be reworked. The shooting is awesome with the 'Real Ball Physics' and with the news of them collaborating with Adidas for next year, it should only get better. The passing can be a little bit off sometimes, but most of the time it's okay. The only things wrong with the gameplay are the headers, 'Intelligent AI', player movement and referees.
    The headers aren't anything like reality. The defender, no matter how much of a height advantage they have, will frequently lose them as they stand rooted to the ground like idiots. They make no effort to climb or battle half of the time, which removes some of the reality from the game.
    The 'Intelligent AI' only makes a difference 1/50 times. Too often have I been running for a gap only to have it filled by an offside teammate who I then run into, killing the play. Also, my teammates will be running into a good position, only to stop or change direction and miss the through ball. They also completely useless in defensive positioning.
    The players move well without the ball, and the momentum added with the motion physics engine is great, but there is something very wrong. When running with the ball with a winger that has 95 sprint speed and 97 acceleration, I will be outpaced easily by a defender with 78 and 76 respectively in those attributes. It really frustrates me having a pacey player outpaced by an average one.
    Finally, the refereeing is very dodgy. The push/pull feature is especially bad. The opposing players will pull on my player from behind, drawing level or even pulling my player to the ground. In the real game, that's a foul. The ref will rarely, if ever call that on the AI. If I attempt to do it, I get a yellow card. The double standards of the referees is very antagonizing, and doesn't help the game seem real. The handball feature is incredibly unrefined, causing the ref to call fouls under fairly random circumstances.

FEATURES

This game has a decent amount of features, but could do so much better. The basics are all there, (Kick Off, Career Mode, Skill Games, Create/Edit/Delete Player, Ultimate Team, Practice Arena) but there is one glaring omission in my mind. For the next-gen iteration of the game, EA Sports have gone and removed the Creation Center. This was a great feature on the PS3/Xbox360 that really shouldn't have been left out. With the added power of the next-gen consoles, it could even have been on the console as opposed to online. If it was an issue of under-use, they should have made everything free, not paid. Nobody was going to pay to use their created teams in career mode. The detail with which you could create players was awesome, dictating their potential, traits, winter styles and alternate positions, all things that can't be edited with the Create/Edit player features. They could also add in a stadium creator to add the gravy to the cake, but that's just something I've wanted for years. I get so bored of Ivy Lane.....

AESTHETICS

Overall, the gave looks great. The 'Living Worlds' look amazing and so do the players. Many of them have game faces, more than on the previous-gen version. The kits are thinner, less solid. They could be separate from the players though, as they are stuck on them like hair, which looks weird. The players without game faces look decent, but could look a bit more realistic. The exterior shots of the stadiums are stunning, but they could have worked harder on the surrounding areas, rather than areas that lack any sort of character whatsoever. They could have also done exterior shots of the generic stadiums, seeing as they designed them themselves. The ball can look detached from everything around it though, not reacting to the players' feet like it should.

CAREER MODE

This is the only game mode that I devote any real time to. I have noticed a few bugs in it, some minor, some major. The setup is good, it looks smooth. The problems lie with the e-mails, Global Scouting Network, transfers, international management offers and feel. The e-mails are glitchy, not appearing half of the time. This causes you to delete it, thinking that it's a different e-mail.
    You can hire different levels of scout for different prices. The 5-star scouts give no more information than the 4-star scouts, though.
    The transfers are annoying. When I add a player to the transfer/loan list, hardly anyone makes an offer, leaving me with unhappy/unwanted/inexperienced players. There is also no way to ask for another teams player in a counter offer.
    International management offers can't be turned off, which is annoying when you don't want to manage an international team.
    There is no atmosphere to the career mode. If the press conferences, matches and news stories were more engaging, it would be perfect.

Great game for a release title. (Yes! I used all 5000 characters!)
  10. May 17, 2014
    It's not a next gen FIFA game. But it's a good game. Graphics cold be better but it's very smooth gameplay, great songs, many modes.. It's an endless game......
  11. Oct 31, 2015
    Not that great, i think every year they get worse. Very slow gameplay as it is created to not be based on quick pacey football. Maybe alter the attributes then instead of making it a slow boring game. I prefer the offline modes and career mode is poor, in first season you become an all star player. No immersion there. Level differences are to big and control to slow and laggy. But withNot that great, i think every year they get worse. Very slow gameplay as it is created to not be based on quick pacey football. Maybe alter the attributes then instead of making it a slow boring game. I prefer the offline modes and career mode is poor, in first season you become an all star player. No immersion there. Level differences are to big and control to slow and laggy. But with lots of practice (read loosing intuition and dumbing down your skills) it becomes a reasonably playable game. Expand
  12. Feb 24, 2015
    I play Fifa games from 96 year. This Fifa is not bad, In career mod still o lot of opportunities to improved. One big drawback - you cannot create your own tournament.
  13. Mar 26, 2014
    This is the worst FIFA on PS3. At least, if you have played the ones before that, you are going to see the diference. Here's my little review:

- Gameplay: 6 - the players take some time do your command, and that really sucks. Its hard to kick the ball on the goal, so the one man x goalkeeper and some defenses is really hard. You are going to take at least 10h gameplay to get used on it.

- Multiplayer: 5 - im really asking you: where are the coops team multiplayer? And the custom tournaments? Damn it!

- Innovation: 7 - when you are acostumed to the game, you see the game real qualities. You see some game innovations, too. But don't get thinking there are a lot of new things! There are just three, or four, but if you compare it to COD: Ghosts, the game inovated a bit.

- Graphics: 7 - the graphics are pretty better, but even on the PS4 it doesn't looks like the new "console generation".

That's it. I don't know, Maybe next year I might give a chance to PES15
  14. Oct 7, 2014
    I was really hoping to get a better quality game with realistic ball physics, better AI & and for god's sake: better teammates. Although its just like fifa 13 the updated version it still has some cool new features, improvements in Ultimate team and I really love the next gen graphics. So, not perfect but close.
  15. Jul 20, 2014
    Better than previous gen version (cos of awesome graphics and slight gameplay improvements) but still has typical gameplay issues of recent FIFAs (If that makes sense): overpowered headers, players as agile as sloths and glitchy online matches.
  16. Jan 19, 2015
    Far from a football simulator. The game its really huge, full of licensed leagues and teams, but the gameplay is full of problems.

Playing off-line is impossible in the "world-class" and "legendary" difficulties without get the feeling you are playing a 90's arcade football game. Playing on-line is also frustrating, because the game is full of easy tricks. For example, 90% of players

Playing on-line is also frustrating, because the game is full of easy tricks. For example, 90% of players will use Real Madrid and play a lob trough ball based game. It's really frustrating when in the middle of a very tough game, Modric suddenly make a supernatural lob trough ball pass to Ronaldo who find himself alone in front of the goal, and guess what, he scores.

Years ago while playing PES 5, I remember that there were many ways to win a match, every team had weak points, but in FIFA 14 in top divisions its seems every single guy play the same game: a lobbed trough ball based game with Real Madrid.

I know this game of game has its fans. FIFA became a massive game in terms of audience, its not a surprise that the gameplay will be based on easy goals and easy passes, that everybody who know one thing or two about the game would understand would never happen that easily in the real thing.

After this frustrating experience, I decided to try FIFA 15 demo before buying it. After my first 5 games I realized that FIFA series went to a direction in this generation that is definitely NOT what I'm looking for in a football game. If you are looking for a realistic gameplay in a football game, you should avoid FIFA series for now.
  17. Jul 14, 2014
    The gameplay on the pitch is good. Graphics are great too. But i have the fact that tournament mode has been removed on the PS4. I want to be able to play offline tournaments with friends. Instead they offer a lame World Cup mode in which you have to buy cards with real money. And you make a national team based on those cards. The most retarded thing about that is that you can actually putThe gameplay on the pitch is good. Graphics are great too. But i have the fact that tournament mode has been removed on the PS4. I want to be able to play offline tournaments with friends. Instead they offer a lame World Cup mode in which you have to buy cards with real money. And you make a national team based on those cards. The most retarded thing about that is that you can actually put guys like Messi and Ronaldo in the Dutch national team. How unrealistic and lame...

Still giving the game a 7 though, because the gameplay itself is good. Just avoid the Ultimate Team mode. Would have been an 8 if the game had the old school tournament mode.
  18. Oct 3, 2014
    Decent gameplay and graphics plus the usual sheer number of club teams available (though they could have added space for fake national teams and possibly clubs like PES does).

Unfortunately it seems that they rushed next gen production and as result a number of features like Creation Centre have been cut out. Also being unable to use created players or modified teams on manager mode (from what I experienced at least) is a big downer.

The best part of the game is probably Ignite. Decent soundtrack and commentary as well.

Overall good game. If you have a PS3 you might be better off using that version though for the missing features, if you care about them.
  19. Jan 7, 2016
    Whilst the graphics stood out as a vast improvement on the PS3 entries, the gameplay style that was so successful and beloved from FIFA 11 through to 13 was mostly abolished. FIFA's entrance onto the PS4 looked great, but played slow and weak.
  20. Dec 28, 2015
    Its a good game not bad.managing is good,career is good and kick off is good too.but it was a little boring and repetitive.and i expected a lot from next gen but it was not up to my expectation.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2014
    Next-gen FIFA is a step in a good direction, although it’s not that different from the FIFA 14 released for PC, X360 and PS3. New animations are visible throughout the whole match and the veterans will also appreciate new, more realistic ball physics. [01/2014, p.48]
  2. Jan 7, 2014
    FIFA 14 shows off what lies ahead for the series on the PlayStation 4. While it's first effort on the next gen consoles falls short in several areas, it still makes a great first impression and leaves me excited for the next iteration of the series.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    Compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 release, FIFA on the PlayStation 4 is a whole new ball game and even though EA have tweaked some of the gameplay modes, it is for the better and this version is definitely superior in terms of gameplay, controls and graphics.