6.2

1. Nov 17, 2013
    Great game, I Love That. Living world, motion, graphic, FUT and of course license is awesome. I can't stop playing FIFA 14.FIFA 14 is better than ever
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    It's not perfect but it's damn close. The controls are tight, the visual and audio are awesome thanks to the ps4 and the online gaming is as stable as could be desired from a launch title. Great new features available offline, overall great game.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    Good game. BUT why would anybody buy this over the current gen iterations when this version is missing features?? the absence of tournament mode & online co-op is an absolute shameless money making ploy from EA, to play online co-op you can no longer just sign in as a guest, you need your own ps4, PSN account, and COPY OF FIFA 14 also tournament mode is so BLATANTLY and OBVIOUSLY omitted cause they will be pushing FIFA WORLD CUP next summer, and that will include it. This is another f**king disgrace and kick in the balls to the consumers courtesy of EA. Expand
  4. Dec 5, 2013
    When a sequel comes out, you usually have a basic expectation that it will be better than the last. If I look solely at the Pro Clubs feature of the game. Albeit somewhat mproved from the previous gen version of Fifa 14, but the improvement is mostly in the smoothness of the running and the crowd looks a lot more realistic. The main problem though, with Pro Clubs, is every single game you have, against every time, its the same, all any team ever does is play a chipped through ball, every time they get the ball.
    It's curious reading the critics' reviews and how they are calling it more realistic than ever, as I can not say I often see chipped through balls in football often at all, let alone every single time a team gets the ball. The entirety of Pro Clubs is based on holding the X or Jockey button when you're not on the ball, and then when you get the ball, hitting chipped through ball to a runner on the counter. It's so repetitive it is quite incredible.
    Head to heads are ok, but I wouldn't say they were an improvement on Fifa 13.
    But the worst thing about Fifa 14 is Ultimate team. Ultimate team has been for the last couple of years my favourite part of the game, trading players, saving coins, building your team. EA have made a catastrophe and removed Formation cards, which has in turn flooded the market. Where on the last few years you could sell certain types of players for 1k or 2k a piece, they are now practically worthless, and earning coins has become so much harder to the point where I can not bring myself to play this version of the game. What a disappointment.
    The game is better than Fifa 14 on the 360 or ps3, so I will score it accordingly, but overall, still an overhyped, over rated, and mostly poor game.
  5. Dec 1, 2013
    Release a game that has features missing, what makes it worse this time is that they deliberately misled people into thinking this is a complete fifa. No mention of these features missing until after the issue was raised on forums. - Creation Center - Tournament Mode (Creating custom tournaments) - No Guest play in Seasons - No Co-Op seasons, just a few.. a next gen fifa game with no tournament mode has to be the stupidest. And the excuse for this is even worse. Expand
  6. Nov 30, 2013
    If like me you love fifa 12 & 13 and your expecting it to build on that like they have ever since about 10 you will be very unpleasantly surprised theres 4 real problems with this game

1. no lobbies you cant do any type of casual multiplayer if you want a 2v2 you have to do it in the new 2v2 season with a friend you cant just invite someone or set up a one off game with x number of
    people by creating a lobby room.

2. passing: when you pass the ball 7/10 times+ the recipient will be static and unable to move ive heard people describing this as "its like there playing football running on custard" the other hand..

3. through balls: are far too effective with little effort you will pass out through balls cutting defenses with ease

4. ball heading: is also been greatly improved so its very easy to score goals in this way.

the overall difference that these things have made particualry the passing it really slows the game down and forces you to play it in a certain way that you otherwise wouldnt the whole thing feels rigid like a breadstick.

the good side?
    well FUT is still great, more than 2 people going for a single ball is more realistic the graphics are slight nicer tho from a distance you wont be able to tell the controls have been tinkered with and i think there slightly worse .

This is less fifa 14 more like 'fifa lite' the last fifa was brimming with game modes and lobbies, FUT aside this is just an expensive bare husk and an experiment more than a continuation of what has continually got better from the last 4 or so installments, I am dismayed by all the professional reviews saying its 9+/10 you will undoubtedly still buy it as whats the alternative? but believe me when i tell you: EA broke fifa next gen? this isnt even as good as last gen
  7. Mar 2, 2014
    FIFA 14 changes the way the game plays, it's a bit slower and arguably more realistic, but my oh my - it's like being put through an emotional roller-coaster just to get any sense of delight out of the game.

The game looks good, sounds good but plays - awful. I'm a veteran FIFA player.. and I have never been so frustrated at a game. The problem is is that at Professional difficulty the
    game is a breeze, too easy, but the next level up, World Class - makes you want to throw your controller at a wall and beat into the wall with pure anger. Usually when I'm having trouble with a game, I adapt and learn how the game plays, so in turn I get better at playing. But FIFA does everything in it's power to screw you over - you are literally being cheated by changing that difficulty setting, and it just isn't right, at all. Let me explain - your players go from brilliant passing, movement and dribbling ability to a team of wandering retards. I mean it. Players feel as flimsy as pieces of paper due to the overpowering and unrealistic strength and pressing of the opposition (I don't care what anybody says, scripting and momentum exist, and in FIFA 14 it's as obvious as ever), you can't get near the opposing players or else you will loose the ball - which makes wing play almost impossible. Furthermore, you know Walcott? Yeah he's a pretty fast dude, but not when it comes to FIFA and can't out pace Terry after getting in behind the defensive line. Countless times I've been in behind the defence baring down on goal - just to be tackled by a CB who all of a sudden had some new found pace. I think you're getting the picture. They're overpowered in every single way. Passing, dribbling, keeping possession, defending, goalkeeping - everything is overpowered to the point where a draw feels like a win, and a clean sheet? Feels more like a cup final victory. The AI is ridiculously overpowered, I do not know what EA was thinking, they said the game was 'challenging yet fun' - they couldn't be any more delusional. On higher difficulty settings - this game is appalling to stick to for longer periods of time, it's not fun, even when I win. The problem isn't that I loose, It's that there's much bullsh*t in the game that leads to goals (players running away from the ball, goalkeepers being retarded, misplaced passes of ridiculous proportions and so on) - it zaps any fun I had playing this game straight out.

Those are my only issue with this game in terms of game-play. Those of you who play primarily online UT, probably won't run into these problems as much, but for those of you who are looking forward to a 'challenging yet fun' and realistic offline experience, forget about it.

Away from game-play - it's no major overhaul from FIFA 13. It's basically the previous game with a few small additions thrown in to try and get people excited. Same modes, same UT experience bar a few new features - none of which warrant the full price tag. It's a poor poor effort from EA - they're lucky that PES is as bad a game as it is. I get the feeling I only play FIFA because there is no other game better rather than because FIFA itself is a good game. It really isn't. There has been little innovation since FIFA 12 and I don't expect things to change. The next-gen versions do improve on certain aspects, most notably load times, and lag within menus. Visually the game looks impressive on PS4/XBO - but it's not mind-blowing - although I would recommend to upgrade to the next gen versions.

Overall, I'm disappointed. But what I'm disappointed in in FIFA 14 has been around for a couple of years now, I guess I was looking forward to the game-play being improved, and I'm sorry but in my eyes, it's taken several steps back. I wish EA would stop giving us the same piece of crap, and actually do something to give the loyal fan base who love FIFA, the game we all want. It's gotten to a point where, when someone asks what's wrong with it, the number one response is 'it's just FIFA'. FIFA is quickly becoming synonymous with crap - but I doubt EA will ever change that so long as they get their money.
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    Please do not buy this trash. The servers of this game are still inacceptable bad. The handicap , which allows bad players to win a game with 1 shot on target even though u fired 20 shots on target ,is still here like in fifa 13. Save your money this game is not about competition its about luck. The handicap / momentum kills this game for good. This is definetly my last fifa. Shame on you EA
  9. Dec 4, 2013
    Best football game ever. The Ignite engine used for the PS4 version improves quiet a lot the game, making it smoother, more realistic and even better at most of its features. This game is one step closer to the perfection, and can't wait to see FIFA 15 which will be made almost exclusively for this generation.
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    Terrible game, very shallow and void of any skill requirement. The inherent scripting makes it largely a random outcome, either it's for you or against you. True footy fans will not like this but it might work for the casual gamer/ those that have never seen a game of footy before.
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is absolutely garbage. I mean its so bad that you would return it the next day. The only good thing about this game is...nothing. Since its plain and utter rubbish. Players just too dumb for the ball. Overpowered players with amazing stats in game but no where near irl performance. Also UT is broken as glass, I have never seen so many informs in Division 6&7 ever. Its just impossible to compete with little kids spending their parents money on UT coins. Last words DO NO BUY THIS GAME. DONT SUPPORT EA. Expand
  12. Jan 8, 2014
    This isn't a game meant for entertainment, or simulation for that matter. This is a game meant for frustration. The users have little impact on the game because the ball rarely goes to the player you are attempting to pass the ball to. This is due to the fact that the joy stick used to move the player is also the joystick used to aim the passes at the player you are passing it to. This doesn't make any sense as there are times when the user is running down the field and attempts to pass to the right or left while still running down the field and the ball will simply not go where you want it to and end up being intercepted.

The lobbed through balls are incredibly frustrating on defense because the players on the back line just freeze and watch the streaking defender get the ball and separate from the defense for an easy goal, especially Renaldo as 90% of players online use Real Madrid.

The Stupidity of the A.I. In real life when a ball is loose in the box, and at least 1 or 2 players around it, they don't just turn around and run back to their defensive positions. On defense, the back line is constantly getting out of position in the most ridiculous ways.

The fouls or lack there of, is also incredible. You get away with raping the opposing players and then they stop play for phantom fouls that almost seem like glitches.

The goalies make incredible plays as if the ball is goalie seeking missile that can't miss them and yet make the most ridiculous mistakes at critical times.

EA needs competition, look at what NB2K did to them. They single handedly destroyed NBA LIVE and I can see why. I've heard good things about PES and i'm switching over next year to give it a shot. I know they have some things that hinder them, like licensing issues, but I refuse to give EA anymore of my money after yet another product put out by them. They destroyed MADDEN and now they have destroyed FIFA.

What Garbage.
  13. Jan 13, 2014
    I have been playing fifa for years now and this is by far the worst its far to slow real football is played at high pace the touchs are terrible even while holding control button most times plus the fact scoring is far to easy then you have the old L1
  14. Nov 20, 2013
    Not a giant leap forward into the next-gen but definitely a good sign of things to come for the fifa series.

Having addressed a lot of problems which gamers had from past iterations this upgrade from fifa 14 on current gen to next has a lot of small but great improvements. Such as the new crowd and the fact some grounds now have exteriors, these are cosmetic but vastly improve the
    atmosphere around the beautiful game that's already there.

One of the best new improvements though are the 100s of new animations for everything, from taking a corner, goalkick, freekick, etc; to passing, shooting, tackling and more. These vastly increase the variety of each game and make the old generation feel abit stale in comparison. I love that after even 5 or 6 games in a row you might have never seen an animation more than once, which many of you will know is a great feat as usually you see them all bar maybe a bicycle kick in one game.

With the upgrade from current to next on games (£10/$10/etc) you have even more reason to try the next-gen beautiful game and it won't be a mistake to do so, especially if your an avid football fan.

See you on the pitch!
  15. Dec 23, 2013
    Flabbergasted at the positive reviews I am seeing for this game. Firstly I have played every fifa title since fifa international on the mega drive so I consider that i know what I am talking about when it comes to these games. The presentation of this game is top notch, graphics, atmosphere etc. However the game play is garbage on every level. Where do I start? Players control the ball horribly, a simple pass and control can lead to the ball squirming yards away from a player and the opposition gaining control. Passes seem to lack pace and accuracy even when using world class playmaking midfielders. when you pass to a player that player will stand pedestrian and wait for a slow ball to arrive whilst a defender can move towards the ball and easily intercept. Players dont feel individual enough compared to previous fifas. Fifa has always kept a short leash on world class players so as not to make one or two teams viable but aside from a bit of extra pace or strength from ronaldo for example you don't get that sense that a world class player is in control.
    People are mentioning the fact that chipped through balls are broken and the only viable way of scoring and this is true, however i don't feel like this is the problem. the attacking side of the game is so gimped that it makes this tactic feel broken but thats only because the other elements of attacking are broken in my opinion. The control issues i mentioned are heightened while in the final third. Its as though when you reach the final third you reach a zone of death and quick touches are impossible. To pass to a striker, find a window of space and shoot is almost impossible because by the time you have controlled the ball a defender will have taken the ball off your toe.
    shooting itself is an absolute joke, clean through on goal used to be a 95% chance of scoring for a good player (as it should be) if the keeper isnt rushed out to leave an easy chip then i would say the keeper still has a very good chance of saving any shot. Keepers in this game are supermen and its a joke.
    That being said they will do strange stuff like making a catch from a corner and then dropping the ball in front of a striker for an easy tap in, just weird!
    There is one other exception where a striker is overpowered and thats headers from corners. I would say one in 4 corners goes in and the defending player can do nothing about this. Seems completeley random and no skill involved at all.
    Fouls are a joke also, just general unavoidable contact will result in a trip animation most of the time you have no control over this. This also happens in the penalty area somtimes and is extremely frustrating.

One issue which might seem minor for some players are throw ins, THEY TAKE AGES. If a ball has come back onto a pitch or been lost a ball boy has to retrieve the ball before play can continue. realistic? yes. Do we want to wait for 30 seconds while the game clock ticks down to see a ball boy retrieve the ball? ABOLUTELY NOT!

Another example of a lazy clone from EA, I was expecting fireworks from fifa in the next generation but this has left me very disappointed. Seems like a next gen cashgrab thats been rushed. I do somtimes wonder if they roll out poor software just so they can boast at how good a product is three years down the line when they've finally fixed the original game.
  16. Mar 22, 2014
    Hi Peeps,

I have read many posts now about FIFA 14, many negative, and would like to start a non insulting thread. I have played FIFA all my life since FIFA 96 and I feel that FIFA 14 is sooo bad to actually take 'to the boards'.

EA has made may great versions of FIFA and in modern times notably 10,12 and at a large pinch 13. 14 however, what on Earth went wrong? There are so many
    flaws but the worst for me are; 1. The speed of the game. It is near impossible to out pass anyone as it is so slow. Your opponent can see what you are going to do two passes before you do it. 2. The diagnol through ball. 60 yard diagnol through balls that Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic etc chest past any defender to be through on goal. 3. Crazy long shots. We all know what happenes when most footballers shoot from 35 yards. In this game your almost assured a corner at least. 4. The AI. Dreadful. Defending is a chore that takes so much concentration you feel like you need a lie down after each game. 5. Free kicks close to the box. 60-90% of the time an easy header on goal. 6. Corners. Pull a player close. Quick pass. Cross in. Most the time an easy header on goal. Too easy. 7. Over rated players. Ibrahimovic is my prime example. He is good but why is he sooo fast and why can he be almost impossible to tackle? Banging goals in in France doesn't make you 92/100. 8. The connection online. Dreadful, woeful, abysmal etc. I have a 100mgb connection in Edinburgh city centre, 50 yards from an exchange. I have an excellent connection. 9. The build up. So congested. 10. Tackling. The game is soo slow that when you tackle, your opponant has time AS you tackle to correct and re-tackle. That actually infuriates me because when (occasionally) the connection is good and the game is quicker this is near impossible. 11. Selecting the player you need*. This is a biggy. E.G. Ball goes down the wing, you miss the tackle as the winger cuts in towards the goal. You press select new player. You press again. Again. One more time....too late. He's passed, shot, whatever. Too many times the game cannot give you the player you need. 12. Fouls. Too many fouls given away from the follow through that the AI commits i.e Your opponent crosses, camara has gone with the ball, opponent misses header, foul. Crosser has been 'fouled' 13. Match up. If I use England for example, why am I being matched against Real Madrid. The problem with having the setting 'moderate' is I get matched against someone in outer China... poor latency. 14. Defenders. How do slow centre backs catch quicker players...some I may have even subbed on lol?? 15. The Push/Pull/. Excellent idea from EA as it is a very real part of football. BUT it is so overpowered at the moment. When you pass, people can pull you back and almost stop you running before you're even near the ball. 16. Obstruction. How many passes fall incomplete by blocking. I know this isn't FIFA 14 ghosts but there are limits. Players can move round players. 17. Passing. You see a lovely through ball, but the pass goes to the wrong player. This happens a lot. 18. Goalkeepers. Palm the ball away better please. Too many rebound goals. 19. The Push/Pull again. I am tired of having to press this button constantly while positioning defenders. When the connection is poor the motion is beyond difficult. 20. Throw ins. There should ALWAYS be a way of getting the ball back in safely. E.G Last minute, 1 nil up, No one to throw to, lose the ball, disaster. 21. Goalkeepers. Come and get the ball when it's loose, don't just wait on your line and let them get a rebound. 22. First Touch* You get the ball in acres of space. Iniesta takes a touch like a Sunday League player. Another bad touch, one more... He is now surrounded. 23. Offsides. I don't think I need to say how bad this is this year. 24. Goalkeepers. Come and get the ball when it is obviously yours to pick up, why do I have to hold the button? 25. Cut Scenes. Cut them out a little. 27. Microphones. May I please have a quick option to mute annoying rude people. 28. Passing. It can me impossible sometimes to know what the player is actual going to do when you press Just a word guys and girls, I play most the time in Div 1 and 2, occasionally 3 if I have a bad run. Point is I am no bitter fool who loses and wants to blame everything but himself. Sometimes I lose because my opponent is better. It happens. But too many times I lose for the reasons I mentioned and coupled with my NUMBER 1; You are hammering an inferior player, he breaks, 3 on 2 ?? He loft through balls, perfect ball (like Beckham) easy chance on goal. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2014
    This game is just **** terrible, like every single fifa ever made. IT'S THE SAME. **** THING. EVERY DAMN TIME. NO VARIETY AT ALL. The only changes are graphics, like 1 game mode, and if anyone moved teams, then they would switch them around, and maybe like a few new physics **** and that's it. IT'S STILL THE EXACT SAME THING. I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. Just buy one fifa, and you'll be set for life. EA are also a **** company. They pay IGN and all those big wig game reviewers to give games massive ratings. It's such **** bull****.

**** FIFA. **** EA. END OF STORY
  18. Mar 24, 2014
    Although at first the games appear to be great package with enhance next-gen graphics after playing 20+ games you soon notice that the game is not only incomplete, but along with some horrendous bugs and glitches is actually falsely advertised as a competitive game where you can build your own team. The reality is, there is a scripting/handicap algorithm which basically means that 50-80% of games depending on how many packs you buy are pre-determined by the engine. Weird things start happening like your players just won't respond/react in the same way they used to; there is countless information on this including a 2,000+ petition for this to be removed; however EA still denies this exists and even bans discussion on their forum. There is however mounting evidence even from past titles and their own manuals.. All I can say is that if you want a competitive game, this is NOT it. This is a noob friendly glitch fest and buying different players/teams will NOT result in a better team. Expand
  19. Nov 18, 2013
    This game can easily score 9, but it's omission of Tournement mode makes it impossible to give this any more than 7/10. Should they update with the addition of tournament mode, this is by far the best FIFA game of all time.
  20. Dec 2, 2013
    Very very solid game if you buy fifa on ps4 is another game totally ! The feeling is completly different of what you used to been in past fifa and you will realize this even in the first match the gameplay is more solid and fluid general. A large amount of new animations and details especially in the shots and in the venuess .. For fifa 15 I expect a much better graphics and soome extra modes in single player Expand
  21. Jan 14, 2014
    The graphics and presentation are all of the highest order but alas that seems to be all smoke and mirrors masking a sub-standard game. The series peaked at FIFA 12 and since taking a more realistic approach has become increasingly sluggish and less enjoyable. This years product has crossed the line for me, I'm considering the unthinkable and switching to PES. If you play games for enjoyment and fun this is not the game for you: however if you're a fan of shouting at the T.V and hitting inanimate objects, enjoy! Expand
  22. Jan 19, 2014
    The disrespect that this company has in all the south american is absurd!
    The version of FIFA 14 is completely ridiculous, its impossible to play against European clubs with all Latin clubs, servers are low, STEALING play for European teams EVER!
    The L1 + Triangle is disgusting.
    I want to play a game and not ALWAYS read the annoying message that the files do not match the squadron with
    the opponent that appears all the time.
    I've always been a fan of fifa, but that version 14 for PS4 is really disgusting, I rate as 0/10. What happened to innovation? The game is boring, everyone plays with L1 + Triangle, it really sucks! Maybe the fact that there is no competition yet in PS4, let EA made this game so bad for the new console. Hopefully some updates and patches may savem the game, but I doubt it.
  23. Mar 2, 2014
    The game is disgusting. Everytime when you want to enjoy this game- you have problems with servers. The game was published 3 months ago and servers are eternal unworkable. EA, where is your conscience? I am fan of FIFA, i bought 12, 13, 14 but i will never buy fifa anymore. I love football, but i hate EA.
  24. Dec 3, 2013
    This is the first year since 1999 i have bought Fifa over Pro Evo. It just had to be done, I find the game plays so much smoother and faster and on the PS4 it just looks incredible. It is nowhere near the perfect football game but it is certainly a lot closer than pro evo is.
  25. May 11, 2014
    It's a fun game, like all FIFA instalments, but I was hoping for more from the PS4 version.
    A lot of points made about gameplay in some of these poor reviews are actually valid, but I still have enjoy playing the game.
    I realise this one was made for last gen as well so definitely expecting some next level ish on FIFA 15.
  26. Nov 19, 2013
    This is big improvement from the ps3 version. player aren't as slow and I love the be new animations of the corner kick and throw ins, multiply player defending and attacking corners, and the actually trophie presentation, But you have to go a f**k it up and remove tournament mode. You guys manage to improve the game but f**k it up at the same time. I don't understand you EA.
  27. Jan 27, 2014
    Anyone that says the PS4 version isn't a step up from the old gen is either a bitter Pro Evo fan or simply has judged the game on a few YouTube videos at 360p as they can't afford a new console.

FIFA 14 on the PS4 is probably the best football game since the likes of PES 4-6 games on the PS2. The presentation is beyond what I expected with a realistic visual representation of football
    from the stunning stadiums and crowds to the remarkable attention to detail in terms of the ball and player mechanics. The grass and lighting textures add to the slick graphics and the real-life TV aspect cameras add enormous authenticity.

The gameplay is more slick and quicker than FIFA 14 on the old generation of consoles. The controls feel tight but you feel like you are in control of a footballer and not erratically pacing and skidding around the pitch like we have seen the last couple of versions. The ball physics is also more realistic and the way players connect with it in terms of control and passing is fantastic. The matches flow incredibly well and the wealth of cinematics really give a genuine TV-style presentation which surprisingly makes you want to avoid skipping cut-scenes. The commentary is also greatly improved along with the stadium atmosphere.

EA Sports took FIFA as far as they could on the old consoles. I was a bit concerned that the game wouldn't progress even with the scope available on the PS4 but they have done a brilliant job and the my optimism for the future of the series is at an all time high. This game may be missing a few modes and features but there is more than enough here to last you the season. The future is definitely bright and I am very confident EA will continue to innovate and develop the series on even greater levels in years to come.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Solid gameplay, that builds on current gen by pumping up the graphics and throws in a bunch of new animations, all the same features i.e (ultimate team,career,pro's and so on!) have jumped ship onto next gen. All in all a good football game, and with the new brawn the new consoles bring there's plenty of potential to really push the series further.
  29. Dec 5, 2013
    Great! It's a total different game to PS3.
    The new engine is gorgeous!
    Fans now have life and the air ball more real!
    Unfortunately the saved tactics not begin in online matches.
  30. MSY
    Jan 18, 2014
    First things first, I love FIFA. I buy them every year for what is essentially a roster update. While it is the most realistic football game to date it is far from perfect and it is not the most "fun" football game either. Every year FIFA becomes more realistic, FIFA 10, 07 was so much fun to play. The entertainment aspect of FIFA suffers in favour of realism, whether that is good or bad is up to the player. For me it's bad.

The graphics are great, but it's disappointing that so many player models are generic and bland (didn't know Siem de Jong and Nicolai Boilesen were twins). The crowd is good but again, twins everywhere, even triplets. While it is a massive improvement from the previous games the crowd isn't perfect. If your opponent scores a goal, their fans start celebrating and if you manage to score while they're still celebrating, they'll keep celebrating, not even aware that you scored.

The quick throw-ins are not quick at all, if your opponent boots the ball out it should not take 50 in-game seconds to get the ball back in, your opponent can keep doing that, waste up to 20 in-game minutes per half and there would only be 5 minutes added on. "Quick" throw-ins take way too long, the clock doesn't stop until the player has the ball in his hands.

Ultimate team is fun, but the FIFA community ruins many of the aspects. The overhauled the chemistry system, making it harder for you to create a hybrid squad, encouraging people to create generic and boring one league, one country squads. No hybrids in sight anywhere, something, for me, that makes UT worth playing, seeing peoples creative teams. everyone just spams lobbed through balls to Sturridge, Remy, Ibarbo etc, and everyone does the lobbed through ball from kick-off. While it's easy to stop, it's annoying that you have to watch the opponents run every single time.

Not going to go into career mode, it's fun but the same as FIFA 13.
    No tournament mode
    EA servers have improved but still not perfect.
  31. Jan 12, 2014
    This game on xbox was so amazing and is hands down the best fifa ever. I have it on ps3 sadly and every day I play it, I cry inside as this is worse than fifa 12. Honestly the expectations I had after playong this on xbox 30 were so high but now I highly regret ever buying this piece of crap.
  32. Jan 17, 2014
    As tactically gifted as you may be people will run rings round you if internet is against you for whatever reason. You win half your games when its on your side and you loose bad when its not, I'm not just a bad looser after years of playing you can just tell. To affected by the internet and not skill just like cod. I have 40 mb fibre optic no problems there. Great looking game though and very realistic. I hope they toggle abit with tactical defending. Expand
  33. Jan 18, 2014
    Don't really understand the positive reviews for this game! By far the worst game ever I've ever played on the previous FIFA versions, let alone compared this to PES 2014. You can't search players based on their skills and attributes and the scouts were practically useless! The passing modes were left much to be desired as well. Come on EA! You should do better than this!
  34. Jan 23, 2014
    It's fair to say that if you're expecting a vastly different version of Fifa 14 on the PS4 you will be disappointed. If you're are a massive Fifa fan then the slight improvements in the crowd and transitions between passages of play are welcome additions.

It looks stunning and plays slightly better than the PS3 version. Should you invest in this if you already own Fifa on PS3? Only if
    you are a diehard fan, if not I would not bother and wait for the next one. Expand
  35. Jan 29, 2014
    This game has overtaken my expectations and while some stupid idiots give it a 1 because they can I wont
    It was fun and all new so all up stupid reviewers stop
  36. Feb 11, 2014
    FIFA 14 on the PS4 is absolutely mind blowing. Graphically it is a huge step up from the PS3 version, and it feels completely different (in a good way) to play.

The new default camera angle really adds to the presentation, and it is still easy to play your natural game. The replays look phenomenal, and the Living Worlds presentation generally looks great, bar the flat looking cars on
    the roads around the stadium. The crowd really adds to the atmosphere of the game, putting you on edge when defending but giving you a confidence boost when on the attack. The new animations look sweet.

As usual, Seasons and Ultimate Team are the two strongest modes. The career mode has been improved too as teams controlled by the AI actually have different styles now. Teams lower down the league are easier to beat whereas teams challenging for the title will put up more of a challenge. If you play on World Class or Legendary difficulty, you will love the career mode and will get the most out of it. Pleasingly, the trophies on FIFA 14 are relatively easy to obtain, and I would bet this is probably the easiest game to obtain the prestigious platinum trophy on the PS4 at the moment.

Pro Clubs has been improved as well, with drop-in matches being limited to 5v5. This means people generally get to play in the position they want to play, and you don't get strikers at right back ruining the game for everybody by not playing properly. However, you can still have eleven human players when you create a club. Just make sure you find defenders that actually want to play in defence.

The game is near enough perfect, and is easily the best game on PS4 at the time of writing. Both online and offline modes are fun, the commentary is as great as ever, and the game engine is as smooth as anything. If you're thinking about buying this game, do it. A must have for any PS4 owner with even a small interest in football.
  37. Mar 4, 2014
    FIFA 14 is a great game, it has great visuals, a amazing engine that captures the movements of players, and ultimate team is a blast, the only problem I have is that career mode while fun, the global scouting network is f**king useless, I don't understand why it was added?
  38. Mar 14, 2014
    Mesma coisa que todos os fifas, nunca apresentam uma inovação, os graficos ? não melhoraram tanto perto do antigo, realmente só quem é fan deve comprar que não é fan não gaste dinheiro com isso.
  39. Mar 17, 2014
    Overall I like the game. I like the manager mode. What I don't like is the passing AI. Sometimes I try to pass the ball to a wing player but the AI somehow sends the ball to the striker. It can be overly difficult too. Opposing defenders can make great tackles that I doubt their real life counterparts can make.
  40. Jan 5, 2014
    Best FIFA yet, and since it's on the PS4 it looks much better and it's a joy. I waited several months for the release of the PS4 version of this game, and it paid off.
  41. Jan 1, 2014
    Usually FIFA doesn't change much from year to year, but in this case, the changes are huge, and almost all of them are great ones.
    First of all, the next-gen graphics are great! Just looking at the cut-scenes and at the crowd is a very interesting activity on it's own.
    Secondly, the gameplay feels much more realistic and complex than with the previous games.
    Third, the updates (this has
    a positive side and a negative one). The positive side is that you get constant updates on the roster based on what happens in reality (if Rooney plays great, he gets a boost in-game too). The negative side is that if you play regular matches with friends, you have to constantly do the substitutions over, and over, and over, and over. Which gets frustrating at some point. But hey, it's a minor issue in a multitude of great improvements.
    Brilliant game!
  42. Mar 24, 2014
    The transition to next gen is a super success. FIFA 14 is gorgeous! What a promising start to next gen life from the boys at EA Sports. FIFA impresses in it's first outing. Graphically it's glorious! I was in awe of what I was experiencing. There's not a whole lot if differences in game modes in all honesty. Ultimate Team remains as addictive, frustrating and exciting as ever. There's Pro Clubs, Seasons mode, Co-Op seasons, Skill modes and the standard Career Mode for the original gamers. Plenty to be had. It's all noticeable through the vastly improved new animations which are evident through the whole match. Pure and true football fans will really appreciate the improvements, which makes use of the new Ignite engine and that is noticeable throughout. It introduces human intelligence enabling players to react like the real thing, more realistic player movements and more realism in the way the environment features, all of which are significant moving foreward for the franchise which based on PS3/360 were slowly stagnating but based on its PS4 debut it's very encouraging! Expand
  43. May 3, 2014
    A great transition from PS3, graphically especially, and a few new gameplay features make this game good. However single player is not challenging and UT could still be better. Highlight of this game is Clubs, which is great with friends. Unfortunately for me, the gameplay still doesn't feel like genuine football, lacking proper game speed and build up play. Nonetheless the best out there.
  44. Jul 19, 2014
    Definitely a step up from the PS3 version but a long way to go for the perfect football game. Graphics are brilliant but player reactions and slow reactions to the most simple of commands can be infuriating.
  45. Aug 19, 2014
    Scripted garbage piece of trash game. Doesn't matter how good your team is, you bronze / silver / gold teams all get boosted to the same level. And there is a momentum feature that makes the losing team play better so he has a chance to equalize. Therefore you will lose matches against complete retards who you outshoot 40 to 3 just because the game decided it'd be nice if he had a comeback.

There are also gamebreaking bugs present where you can't finish great prize tournaments because of an error right before the final match.

I will never ever buy another EA title because their support is trash, their game is trash and they're just money hungry whores.
  46. Mar 26, 2014
    This is the worst FIFA on PS3. At least, if you have played the ones before that, you are going to see the diference. Here's my little review:

- Gameplay: 6 - the players take some time do your command, and that really sucks. Its hard to kick the ball on the goal, so the one man x goalkeeper and some defenses is really hard. You are going to take at least 10h gameplay to get used on it.

- Multiplayer: 5 - im really asking you: where are the coops team multiplayer? And the custom tournaments? Damn it!

- Innovation: 7 - when you are acostumed to the game, you see the game real qualities. You see some game innovations, too. But don't get thinking there are a lot of new things! There are just three, or four, but if you compare it to COD: Ghosts, the game inovated a bit.

- Graphics: 7 - the graphics are pretty better, but even on the PS4 it doesn't looks like the new "console generation".

That's it. I don't know, Maybe next year I might give a chance to PES15
  47. Dec 4, 2013
    You can play co op seasons, but, while this is an improvement on Fifa 14 for the last generation of consoles. It most certainly isn't a patch on Fifa 13. The dribbling has effectively been abolished from the game but slowing the game down dramatically. If you don't do one touch passing then you can easily be defended against but the opposition player simply holding the A button and RB. The majority of online players simply put as many defenders at the back as they can and Press L1 and triangle on the counter. When you have speedy or strong players it's quite easy to get goals like this. Also momentum is very much still in the game you'll notice on the 45 and 90 minute mark goals seem to go in an awful lot. When its raining the physics of the game completely mess up and the game seems to run about 10 frames per second slower than usual. The netcode for the game is completely messed up now and Fifa unfortunately seems to be getting worse and worse, year upon year. Single player plays fine as always but they just don't seem to want to address these multiplayer issues. Definitely needs some competition in the football game genre. Expand
  48. Jul 5, 2014
    very fun soccer game , overall very simple to learn the controls , the graphics look pretty good , the ultimate team mode is definitely the bread and butter of the game , really enjoy it even tho i wish the high ranked players didnt cost so much , very hard to get them in packs , overall fun for soccer fans and sports fans alike
  49. Dec 18, 2013
    Great, fun game with outstanding graphics and really nice flow during matches. Perfect for playing against friends or online. Really enjoyed it! The only con is the price of the game (around 70 Euros), but I guess that's because of the new PS4 technology and the amount of the in-game licences, which are more than enough. Good job EA!
  50. Oct 7, 2014
    I was really hoping to get a better quality game with realistic ball physics, better AI & and for god's sake: better teammates. Although its just like fifa 13 the updated version it still has some cool new features, improvements in Ultimate team and I really love the next gen graphics. So, not perfect but close.
  51. Jan 20, 2014
    First of all, the good part: Fifa Ultimate Team is really well done and makes you spend a lot of time creating a perfect team to play online with random opponents or friends. The animations in-game are well done and the game has a good interface. Now the bad part: The game isn't fluid, so is normal to lose the ball because of the time the player takes to dominate it, the passes are completely random when you play a more difficult game and the biggest problem is the foul system. The fouls are completely random and if you're playing a videogame and your player falls without any action from the gamer, you just ask "Why?" while your player gets up slowly and you suffer a goal because of that. Online you have bad opponents or people who knows the problems of the game and capitalize it. There are missing modes and the game is flawed, as I always shout "Pro Evolution Soccer 2 for PS2 is more realistic than this!". It is true. Expand
  52. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it is Game fun ,Goooooood game Football Fifa and pes2014 aaam field this games aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam very nice Fifa2014 and Fifa2013 Expand
  53. Feb 5, 2014
    fifa 14 for ps4 is awesome. The graphics are great!! The gameplay is intuitive and the movements, the celebrations and the types of shooting are much better. Something that liked a lot was that for the first time the stadiums and the fans are in 3D.
  54. Jun 14, 2014
    by far one of the worst games of all time. even when you launch the game it says fifa 11, they didn't even bother to remove that. i swear to god EASPORTS payd the reviewers to give this game such a high score. it's a **** disaster. seriously players becdome invisible, players teleport. corners are soo OP to the point that you want to take a knife and throw it at EASPORTS, players teleport randomly when you watch replays of the celebrating, corners are soo dumb that its litterely insane. modric catched up to me whit no stat card and i have biabiany. seriously the stats are **** its like the speed on the players cards don't even matter. penalties are pure luck. in fact everything in this game is pure luck. not to mention that it looks absolutely disasterous, especially the crowd, it looks like something from like 2001, and the corwd looks like 1996. seriously. i can't tell if the game is riddled with hackers or just pure aids. the PC version is even more buggy than the other versions. i hate how these sports games always gets away soo **** cheap, seriously id rather play big rigs: over the road racing, because at least that is fun. this is just whoever has the more aids wins. and you can have a bronze player with like all 90's physical stats high/low workrate and 80 ballcontrol and 50 dribling and like 70+ positioning and like 80+ finishing and shot power and like 70 heading accuracy and then he will litterely be the best player in the game. and i swear to god some players are just plain stupidly buggy. like benteke for instance, when you look at his card stats you would think he would be decent but no he is just plain broken, better than messi and ronaldo ingame Expand
  55. Mar 29, 2014
    A game made for Ultimate Team and not much else. The game i was most hopeful for when it came to launch for my new PS4, preordered the game. GOT NOTHING! meanwhile If I preordered the ps3 version they would have given me the dumb 24 pack deal. Then they sent out the buy fifa 14 for ps3 now and get 12 rare players bonus (20$ ut pack)

Fifa 11 i played UT, 12 i played be a pro, 13 UT but
    seriously that time, spent around $100 over the course of the year and had a 500 - 35 - 98 record, played on Ultimate, with the occassional online game (i hate the jerks online but still) cashed out for around 700 000k. Bought packs around and best i got was 1 thiago silva, up until that point I only ever got 1 TOTW and it was a crappy romanian striker worth discard value.

That being said, they made a big deal about strength and hold up play and chemistry styles and whatever else, and that all proved to be horse s h i t. I used the app and grinded out a good BPL team with 100 chem and thought out chem styles for each player, then used a good amount of my 10dollar bonus money from the ps4 purchase on ut packs. Bought about five packs, best i got was Gary Cahill (who i actually was happy to get because he went right into my team) but sadly i noticed that EA's need for greed has really increased, out of 15 plus rare i ended up with 2 player rares. The gameplay is worse than 13. There are bugs. I have this audio bug that i couldnt get rid of just terrible.

You can't choose who takes throw ins, REALLY

the big innovation in UT is that you can choose who is captain and who takes set plays, and the numbers on the jerseys, and you don't have to discard consumables because they realized that slows some people down on flushing money on packs. WOW this should have been the case from the get go. I approve of getting rid of the aweful formation cards which punished players for trying to experient try things, but chem styles is a joke.

everyone plays the same for the computer. it cheats you on anything higher than semi pro which i suspect is the max anyone reviewing it in the media plays on.

It is a soulless moneypress that ea uses to cheat millions of players out of millions of dollars. Taking the love of fantasy football and making it into a gold mine with no real fair transaction for the consumer. Hundreds of dollars to rent cards for a version. What a system, and the fact that we all buy that crap means that it will only get worse and worse.

I am done with EA and their souless game that does not capture anything more than the veneer of football. The gameplay is souless, the tactics are bankrupt, and the so called innovations are lies.

would you like to leave this screen and go to UT now? NO i will not be donating money to EA. Pes sadly is abysmal and with the licencing as such it will always be EA as the winner by default.

I'd rather buy a jersey, and play real soccer than waste another dime on UT 14 which is all it is to EA.
  56. Mar 1, 2014
    It's a pretty fun game. Especially Ultimate Team. Even though it has issues such as OP headers and terrible GK A.I. and Messed up FUT Market, very fun and another successful football game by Electronic Arts
  57. Jul 20, 2014
    Better than previous gen version (cos of awesome graphics and slight gameplay improvements) but still has typical gameplay issues of recent FIFAs (If that makes sense): overpowered headers, players as agile as sloths and glitchy online matches.
  58. Mar 26, 2014
    The next-gen version of Fifa 14 is better than the current one. The gameplay is extremely smooth and almost everything looks realistic. The graphics are really good too, but there are still big issues with the EA servers that reduce the fun a bit. Overall still a good Fifa this year. 8 out of 10
  59. Mar 31, 2014
    I'm far from a fifa fan, having never owned a fifa game until fifa 14. I was amazed at how well they have improved the game play. The graphics are amazing, the animation of the players is a major improvement to the last games. Mostly the fact that the game is smoother than the previous game which was a joke, buggy menus and status bars hanging in the game. Long story short, the game is worth the money !

Only downside the long loading times, the mini games whilst loading are fun, but it needs to be improved
  60. Apr 16, 2014
    This game is by far the best FIFA game ever. The PS4 version is by far the most realistic football game in the world. Several things are the reason for this:

It is visually stunning. The players, the fans, the stadiums, everything.

The players feel extremely intelligent in their runs, and when making themselves available for passes. The passing, crossing and shooting all feel
    extremely realistic, and you can, for the first time ever, really feel a distinct difference between top-tier teams (like RM, Barca and such) and lower-tier teams in terms of passing, ball control and, really, everything else.

The increased importance of player strength is also really welcome. Pace is important, too, but a strong defender in the right position will almost always outperform the attacker. Sealing out the ball from attackers when defending and using the attackers body to screen off the defender when moving in on goal is epic, and attackers will no longer just be overrun by a single defender.

One thing, though, is the commentary. Not a major problem, but sometimes they say weird things. They call crosses corners and, often say that teams have won no games the entire season in spite of them being in the middle of the table or even higher.

One thing that not everyone will agree on is the new scouting system. My roommate thinks it is **** I really like it, it makes for a more realistic game, imo, since you can't just know what every player's stats are.

One thing, which I think is lacking in the game (and will hopefully be implemented since the FIFA Manager series has been shut down) is more financial info, options, etc. in Manager Career. Things like revenue, expences, stadium facilities, investments in training- and youth facilities, coaches, essentially making it more "Manager" without making it less about playing football. Everything optional in career mode, of course. That would be so awesome. Also, it would make it more realistic in terms of financial effects of finishing low in the table. If this was added, I would give the game a 10.
  61. Apr 20, 2014
    In my opinion,game is definitely better than the fifa 13 and is worth buying.Design of the menus and other little things are made on good level,player's models looks slick.Yeah graphics on next gen could be better but its a solid game
  62. May 6, 2014
    Hello everybody I am going to tell you about the game FIFA 14 in 2013 for console ps3.So I am going to cover the game with you, first I will tell you about the game this game is a soccer game. If you like soccer you might want to play this game so basically you can play online with your friends and you can play with them when they are at your house. Also if you don’t have any person to play with you can just play with the computer and there are many other features in the game but you're gonna have to play the game to understand the features.The good side to the game is the ultimate team,skill games and the graphics to the game are awesome.The sound of the games has different songs playing in the back. The game is really fun and the control depends on the console too.The replay shows pretty good angles on the game. I suggest all the soccer lovers to play FIFA 14

I think if you're into soccer you should play it and currently the price is $ 50 or 60 yes that is a little expensive but if you play the game it will be worth it. When you play online you will have a lot of fun then play ultimate team and practice your skills on skill games and those are one of the best things about FIFA 14. Then you have to play the other features they are totally amazing.
  63. May 11, 2014
    I LOVE this game, but it does have its falling points.

GAMEPLAY

This game plays very well, for the most part. The majority of the gameplay is great, but some of it needs to be reworked. The shooting is awesome with the 'Real Ball Physics' and with the news of them collaborating with Adidas for next year, it should only get better. The passing can be a little bit off sometimes, but
    most of the time it's okay. The only things wrong with the gameplay are the headers, 'Intelligent AI', player movement and referees.
    The headers aren't anything like reality. The defender, no matter how much of a height advantage they have, will frequently lose them as they stand rooted to the ground like idiots. They make no effort to climb or battle half of the time, which removes some of the reality from the game.
    The 'Intelligent AI' only makes a difference 1/50 times. Too often have I been running for a gap only to have it filled by an offside teammate who I then run into, killing the play. Also, my teammates will be running into a good position, only to stop or change direction and miss the through ball. They also completely useless in defensive positioning.
    The players move well without the ball, and the momentum added with the motion physics engine is great, but there is something very wrong. When running with the ball with a winger that has 95 sprint speed and 97 acceleration, I will be outpaced easily by a defender with 78 and 76 respectively in those attributes. It really frustrates me having a pacey player outpaced by an average one.
    Finally, the refereeing is very dodgy. The push/pull feature is especially bad. The opposing players will pull on my player from behind, drawing level or even pulling my player to the ground. In the real game, that's a foul. The ref will rarely, if ever call that on the AI. If I attempt to do it, I get a yellow card. The double standards of the referees is very antagonizing, and doesn't help the game seem real. The handball feature is incredibly unrefined, causing the ref to call fouls under fairly random circumstances.

FEATURES

This game has a decent amount of features, but could do so much better. The basics are all there, (Kick Off, Career Mode, Skill Games, Create/Edit/Delete Player, Ultimate Team, Practice Arena) but there is one glaring omission in my mind. For the next-gen iteration of the game, EA Sports have gone and removed the Creation Center. This was a great feature on the PS3/Xbox360 that really shouldn't have been left out. With the added power of the next-gen consoles, it could even have been on the console as opposed to online. If it was an issue of under-use, they should have made everything free, not paid. Nobody was going to pay to use their created teams in career mode. The detail with which you could create players was awesome, dictating their potential, traits, winter styles and alternate positions, all things that can't be edited with the Create/Edit player features. They could also add in a stadium creator to add the gravy to the cake, but that's just something I've wanted for years. I get so bored of Ivy Lane.....

AESTHETICS

Overall, the gave looks great. The 'Living Worlds' look amazing and so do the players. Many of them have game faces, more than on the previous-gen version. The kits are thinner, less solid. They could be separate from the players though, as they are stuck on them like hair, which looks weird. The players without game faces look decent, but could look a bit more realistic. The exterior shots of the stadiums are stunning, but they could have worked harder on the surrounding areas, rather than areas that lack any sort of character whatsoever. They could have also done exterior shots of the generic stadiums, seeing as they designed them themselves. The ball can look detached from everything around it though, not reacting to the players' feet like it should.

CAREER MODE

This is the only game mode that I devote any real time to. I have noticed a few bugs in it, some minor, some major. The setup is good, it looks smooth. The problems lie with the e-mails, Global Scouting Network, transfers, international management offers and feel. The e-mails are glitchy, not appearing half of the time. This causes you to delete it, thinking that it's a different e-mail.
    You can hire different levels of scout for different prices. The 5-star scouts give no more information than the 4-star scouts, though.
    The transfers are annoying. When I add a player to the transfer/loan list, hardly anyone makes an offer, leaving me with unhappy/unwanted/inexperienced players. There is also no way to ask for another teams player in a counter offer.
    International management offers can't be turned off, which is annoying when you don't want to manage an international team.
    There is no atmosphere to the career mode. If the press conferences, matches and news stories were more engaging, it would be perfect.

Great game for a release title. (Yes! I used all 5000 characters!)
  64. May 12, 2014
    Well, as different as many reviewers, this is the first fifa 14 I've played. I'm not into soccer games, but it was one of the best reviewed games for PS4 so I bought it.

After playing for two months I'm finally quitting the game. I played a lot and got a very interesting Serie A team in UT but the game is very frustrating and very distance from real soccer. This are the main problems I
    found:

1. Pasive receiver of the pass: This is a total joke. Most of the time you do a pass you are going to lose the ball as the receiver stands as he is nailed on the grass and your contender can quickly go to the ball and take it.

2. High Pressure. How can it be that you don't have any free player to pass the ball in throw ins and goalkeepers kick? You can have ALL your players marked. making a pass with your goalkeeper gives more chances to your opponent to score than to you, how is that?

3. "Protect the ball": very good idea, but how this works, really? I have Ballotelli, Pogba and Ibarbo in my team and they have loose the ball agaist weak players Hamsik! Players are pushed and grabbed, they fall down and there is no Foul!

4. Control of the ball: I appreciate that the player doesn't have the ball sticked to his feet, but to leave the ball after you have controlled it is very strange, no?.

5. Boring single player: I'm not so good in multiplayer, so I want to play single player. Professional is no very difficult, but to play in any difficult over Word Class is just boooring. You can not take the ball as as soon you push a button the computer reacts. Do a goal and in 2 seconds you will have three goals against with passes you will not see ever in reality or playing online. Sometimes I cannot make a goalkeepers free kick as ALL my players are marked, even players in the small area. And as your receiver is passive, you will loose the ball.

So, I finally decided to be happy and there is no more Fifa 14 for me. I have too much stress in my life to fight against this broken game.
  65. May 17, 2014
    It's not a next gen FIFA game. But it's a good game. Graphics cold be better but it's very smooth gameplay, great songs, many modes.. It's an endless game......
  66. May 20, 2014
    While the game is more innovative than the other fifas it is a fake next-gen game. They say that a lot have changed, but the only thing I notice is that many languges are gone. The game is full of annoying animations, that look cool at first, but after a while it gets really annoying. And the worst thing must be ultimate team. It is a way of getting as much money from you as possible. The packs are not worth anything at all. If you dont buy fifa points there is no way you can get good at it. Expand
  67. May 20, 2014
    The worst fifa ever!lack of game modes,bad gameplay and generally in many more ways bad like losing connection all the time,the defence sleeps all the time and when you switch player it wont bring you the most suited for the occasion!hope EA learns from their mistakes cuz i know am not the only one complaining!
  68. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 8.2 Sound: 8.8 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.0

A very solid game with good graphics and animations. Despite some delicious details i think this is another game that´s not truly explored by next gen and perhaps it could be even more polished in visuals. The multiplayer and gameplay are very good, and for me, this is the correct direction of the series FIFA.
  69. May 27, 2014
    Best FIFA game to date. I have been playing FIFA since around 1998 and this game tops all. The graphics are fantastic, the gameplay while not perfect it is as good as it gets. I did have a glitch problem which was resolved after changing the practice arena player and GK, this caused my season mode to be corrupt. But other than that it has been a very enjoyable game both online and offline. I remember FIFA 14 for PS3 the UI on season mode was sooooo painfully slow that I gave up sometimes. PS4 version is a breeze! Expand
  70. May 28, 2014
    Fifa 14 on next-gen isn't revolutionary, but what it does manage to do is make every aspect of what we love of fifa more fluid than ever. EA have have implemented the new "ignite engine" on fifa 14 next-gen, which noticeably offer slicker, solid visuals. Everything from, player animations and pitch detail is snappy and extremely impressive. Perhaps, one of the biggest changes made in this years edition to fifa is the new 3D crowd animation. Rather immensely, fans look much realistic when reacting to the game,for example, scoring a goal makes fans typically wave their body as well as behaving similar to their real life counterpart. This offers much more satisfactory when scoring a goal, adding to the overall joyfulness of the game. Overall, Fifa 14 is very similar to the current gen systems, and isn't exactly a game you have to run off and buy a ps4. But for the most part, fifa 14 next gen is just a much more cleaner looking fifa. Expand
  71. Jun 8, 2014
    Very good game. Everybody knows whats good on FIFA, but this next-gen installment has some small problems that prevent the game from reaching the perfect score. For a nex-gen installment I was expecting an improvement in some aspects, like:

-more fair AI in most difficult skill levels in career and FUT off-line season mode (world class and legendary are almost unplayable).
    -teams keep
    wearing the national league badge in european competitions in career mode.
    -in career mode, the current champion of Premier League keeps wearing the golden badge even if in the game he is no longer the champion.
    -on-line season playing at the same stadium for 90% of the time, and facing Real Madrid or Barcelona 95% of the time.
    -Lack of ball boys.

Small details, but FIFA 14 for PS4 doesn't feel like a next-gen football game yet, it feels like a ps3 game with a new engine. Definitely a huge game, tough.
  72. Jun 13, 2014
    Missing tournament mode, that is irritiating as all hell but career mode makes up for it and this game plays beautifully well, it plays better than FIFA 14 on PS3, not the best FIFA in gameplay for me but close to it.
  73. Jun 29, 2014
    “If you are a fan of FIFA games you tend to be quite philosophical, because they tend to build you up then let you down.” FIFA should be a benchmark-setting soccer game with great gameplay and years of thoughtful development & refinement. Currently, it is a husk of latent unfulfilled potential, and is a treated as a blatant cash cow for a lumbering shambles of a company. They also treat their customers with disgrace. If you go to EA Sports forums, they have “vent” treads and any criticism you voice about the game is considered heresy pending a banned account and confinement in the Tower of London. What EA Sports had achieved in the past 10 years would have been easily surpassed by any another studio with more ambition and commitment like Bethesda. When buying a Fifa-EA product, I find myself paying through the nose for their monopoly on licensing & copyright rather than for entertainment. They drip feed 1 or 2 untested “improvements” per year, most of which undermine smooth and consistent gameplay; their flagship features such as randomness, first touch passing and UFC style tackle/collision systems have totally lost the plot. This would be fine if it had been done correctly, but there is no consistency to the implementation here. The game lacks refinement and adding “randomness” to already poor gameplay makes for an extremely frustrating experience. The whole result seems like a rip-off of Madden or UFC. These professional “critical” reviews seem to glorify each FIFA game in isolation of the 10 previous iterations before it, marketing each release as some sort of ground breaking & innovative affair; when in fact there is much less to like. According to EA, “It doesn't matter if you call it soccer or football, in the end all you need to know is that FIFA is the only way to play” or so they hope! More work is done by EA Sports in each iteration of FIFA by patches & fixes, than the original game itself. IMHO the lack of innovation, absence of improvement and dreadful gameplay does not marry well with the high asking price. Expand
  74. Jun 20, 2014
    The Scripting, Handicap and Momentum ruins the experience too much. It seems like everyone online match is predetermined, as a lot of friends and me noticed that on Season the game is trying to force a 4-2-4 record. Those 4 wins you feel a momentum boost and you can also score easy. Those 2 draws is most likely the game where my opponents and my keeper are overpowered, which makes us unable to score, or when the game keeps creating chances for one party, everytime the other one scores.

This game seems online so fake on so many levels, yet people fail to see it.

Sincerely Rocko.
  75. Jul 1, 2014
    Worst football game I have ever played. You can feel the AI is trying to manipulate the game result in a constant pattern. The player movements are so wired and unreal. Also you can't play world cup because EA wants you to pay more money to buy their world cup version. Not a big fan of FIFA and this game makes me never want to buy FIFA again.
  76. Jul 4, 2014
    It's yet another great entry for the FIFA franchise but my main complaint is that you never really feel in control of the players. Too many stray balls, the ball always seems to run away from you when the player has it. All minor things which doesn't spoil the game that much.
    If you like football you'll love this entry
  77. Jul 13, 2014
    This game is literally **** soccer sucks. I can't believe people actually pay 70$ to get tortured by this stupid fkn game that deserves to be in hell. Thank-you, and DO NOT buy the game & wait for nhl15 to come out. Also I would like the creators to die in a hole alone. :)
  78. Jul 14, 2014
    I can see that a few people mesmerized by a "dynamic" crowd are writing reviews here. You'll see that any positive review on this game has no depth what so ever. Ill give you some depth in why this game is horrible.

I do not play a lot offline, I buy games to play them with my mates, something EA has problems understanding more and more lately. This is 2014, and I am not going to be
    playing FUT, ever. EAs money cow. The only thing that interests me about a football game is the modes where you can coop play with your mates against other people doing the same things, this is what is fun, and its called Pro Clubs. Pro Clubs is the most underestimated game mode in Fifa 14, and because EA doesn't make money on micro transactions, the mode never gets to reach its potential. Problems are still the same here tough, as for any online mode.

- Headers are too easy. Every time a cross comes you can only pray to whatever you worship that the scripting is on your side in this match, or this moment of the game, because the little peanut of a striker your opponent is heading with, is gonna head the ball thought your defenders head, and into the goal if the script wants it so. I'm sounding like i have my tinfoil hat on here, talking about the script as if its predetermined whats is going to happen. Well, to an extent it is just so.

- Right backs and Left backs are retarded. Combine headers being overpowered to backs not being interested in stopping wingers, and you have a deadly combination. You can only hope not to meet a team that doesn't want to ruin football by abusing poor programming. If you wanted to, you could just spring on the wing and send a ball in the box. A relatively tall center striker, and a fast winger is all you need. Backs wont stop you anyway, so the winger doesn't have to be that fast. Oh, and the central striker doesn't have to be that tall, as it doesn't really matter anymore.

- Ball control is a joke. Have you tried stopping and shifting your players weight to change direction? It takes a mans age in FIFA 14, and 99% of the time, it ends up with you loosing the ball because you lost control of it and the defender can just walk towards you and take it. If you want to quickly change direction on the run, you have to do something fancy and hope that works in order to fool the defender (who you aren't fooling, since you have no control when changing your weight).

- Magnetics. Are totally messed up. This is what keeps you on the ball, all of you know what this is if you have played MP. Its the magnetic force that drags you one way or the other as a "helper". If you run along with the ball in attack, and come close to another player, the magnetics drop as if you passed the ball to this player and he will take over magnetics and either ruin your run, or ruin it for both of you by running into you. Usually this is a helpful AI member on your team, who for some reason is in front of you, in the box, and in the way.

- Keepers throw them selves after the ball has gone into goal. Oh my god, how many times ive touched the roof over this. Needs no more explaining, its the script again. One time you have an insane keeper, the next time, he doesn't understand football at all, and you wonder how the hell he became a keeper on your team.

- Scripting. Yes, it is there. Ever noticed how thing suddenly turn to **** when you get to a decisive game? Even in 9th division we have had tremendous problems winning the division, even if we have destroyed everything in our path earlier. With 5 games remaining the we can loose maybe 3 of them. And the commentator actually tells you that this is scripted "They all look nervous", "Nerves", etc. Its hard to spot exactly what goes wrong when you are in the **** because anger clouds your mind, but easier when you are playing against someone else that is experiencing it and you are winning. The AI just gives up. They fall inn deep, loosing all pressure and all aggression in the defense, and they are slow, my god they are slow. What is the end result of this? The opponent rage quits. Now that is football huh?

- Lack of management options. The game mode has the same options since 2010, with the exclusion of a few features such as "I dont want to oppose someone playing any, or have a keeper". What about making it so that AI players get better. Introducing a budget, possibility to improve staff and players, earning money on bigger stadiums but spending money on it to build it and maintain it (if your team is **** less people come, and maintenance will kill the club because you lack revenue from ticket sales). The possibilities are soooo damn many, but this will never come true with fifa, as there are no micro transactions like in arcade modes like FUT.
  79. Jul 14, 2014
    The gameplay on the pitch is good. Graphics are great too. But i have the fact that tournament mode has been removed on the PS4. I want to be able to play offline tournaments with friends. Instead they offer a lame World Cup mode in which you have to buy cards with real money. And you make a national team based on those cards. The most retarded thing about that is that you can actually put guys like Messi and Ronaldo in the Dutch national team. How unrealistic and lame...

Still giving the game a 7 though, because the gameplay itself is good. Just avoid the Ultimate Team mode. Would have been an 8 if the game had the old school tournament mode.
  80. Jul 15, 2014
    Let's start with the good. Graphics are very good..... Er, that's about it! There's something different with FIFA 14 compared to all the previous titles, and thats the stupid, at times unbelievable scripting. I remember pro evo, the first one, there was scripting there too, but not this bad. Ron Vlaar vs loic Remy in a foot race? Remy would win right? Nooooo! Super Ron! Give any player with superior speed stat to a defender 5 yards, the defender will catch you up quick, it's like you running in treacle! goalkeepers do stupid things, tackle the opposition at least 3 times before you get the ball. CPU mostly has ~90% pass acc at the end of the game, come on I was playing against Crawley! Most of my goals are scored with crosses/headers, most of the oppositions goals are chipped through balls that you cannot defend against! Gets boring very very quickly. Don't waste your time or money! Expand
  81. Aug 9, 2014
    Scripted/Handicapped garbage with terrible servers, all EA care about are people who spend real money on packs thinking better players will make there squad better when in reality your bronze team is better than ronaldo ibrahimovic messi etc because its handicapped to help noobs have a chance
  82. Aug 20, 2014
    a mess overall.
    It 's totally a video game arcade.
    You do not play. The results are determined by the IA with predetermination.
    It 'a shame.
    A different way to thieve money to people
  83. Aug 21, 2014
    The graphics are nice, the gameplay is nice and fluid, the passing could be better though. If you are looking for a football game (not American football) you should get this. This is about 20 times better then PES 14.
  84. Sep 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphics are almost the same as last gen... no big improvement. Just one more year release of this company. Not mind blowing at all... just the opposite. Expand
  85. Sep 4, 2014
    This is one instance where console reigns supreme. Larger player base than PC, ignite engine, great fun. Looking forward to fifa 15. The only issue I had was my controller thumbsticks getting destroyed from this game lol.
  86. Sep 29, 2014
    This is not a good game. I have played 102 seasons in the co-op season in FIFA 14 and this game has many flaws. The game has poor AI, it drags, it's full of bugs and it is almost unplayable online. sharpening ea!
  87. Oct 3, 2014
    Decent gameplay and graphics plus the usual sheer number of club teams available (though they could have added space for fake national teams and possibly clubs like PES does).

Unfortunately it seems that they rushed next gen production and as result a number of features like Creation Centre have been cut out. Also being unable to use created players or modified teams on manager mode
    (from what I experienced at least) is a big downer.

The best part of the game is probably Ignite. Decent soundtrack and commentary as well.

Overall good game. If you have a PS3 you might be better off using that version though for the missing features, if you care about them.

1. Jan 10, 2014
    Next-gen FIFA is a step in a good direction, although it’s not that different from the FIFA 14 released for PC, X360 and PS3. New animations are visible throughout the whole match and the veterans will also appreciate new, more realistic ball physics. [01/2014, p.48]
  2. Jan 7, 2014
    FIFA 14 shows off what lies ahead for the series on the PlayStation 4. While it's first effort on the next gen consoles falls short in several areas, it still makes a great first impression and leaves me excited for the next iteration of the series.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    Compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 release, FIFA on the PlayStation 4 is a whole new ball game and even though EA have tweaked some of the gameplay modes, it is for the better and this version is definitely superior in terms of gameplay, controls and graphics.