5.7

1. Nov 28, 2014
    Same scripted **** as every other year, don't waste your time. Games are not about the best man wins anymore it's scripted to cater to kids who spend mammys money on coins so lets them win. Daylight robbery
  2. Sep 28, 2014
    Fifa 15 is absolutely **** to say it out loud. The feeling of playing the game is completely lost. I have played fifa since 2006 and i have loved it since, but this is madness, how can a fifa game be so **** I really don't know. The feeling of controlling the player isn't even close to be there
  3. Sep 25, 2014
    same thing as every year. Career mode is bugged and gets ignored every single year for ultimate team. I am done supporting EA. Hope pes 2015 is any good
  4. Sep 23, 2014
    Something very suspicious on Metacritic. Bunch of reviewers posting the same "9 or 10" scores with extremely similar comments like "great improvements, good job EA!". Really? Am I supposed to believe that?
    I love FIFA, I play it every year, I noticed new improvements ... but it's shocking to see this receive above 7/10. Definitely respect making a game is hard work (and difficult to re-build an already successful formula). But let's talk the truth: Yearly improvement gaps have really reduced in FIFA 13, even less in FIFA 14, and now intolerably less in FIFA 15. They've added a bunch of small improvements which are totally meaningless and forgettable. Wish they adopted a philosophy of "create or 1-2 major things". Is it a mode? Is it a feature? Is it AI and tactical improvements? Not sure. Just saying, I'll switch to PES this year just to see what's happening there :-)
  5. Sep 24, 2014
    This game is absolutely unplayable in multiplayer. Scripting, scripting, scripting and ONLY scripting. It feels like you're actually not playing the game at all, you win when EA decides you should, you lose when EA decides you have to. Every single match has goals in the 45 and 90 minute. Most of the matches have goals in the first minute of play, regardless who is playing. Messi is GOD,This game is absolutely unplayable in multiplayer. Scripting, scripting, scripting and ONLY scripting. It feels like you're actually not playing the game at all, you win when EA decides you should, you lose when EA decides you have to. Every single match has goals in the 45 and 90 minute. Most of the matches have goals in the first minute of play, regardless who is playing. Messi is GOD, it's impossible to steal the ball from him and he will score frome ANYHWHERE under ANY circumstances. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS GAME if you intend to play online. Expand
  6. Sep 23, 2014
    Looks like playing the same game, but worst. I don't know why some weirds things happens in this version again. Tactics does not exist and the game still linear the whole 90 minutes, its not soccer.
    I do NOT buy EA Games anymore, all of them are always the same.
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    My verdict:

"Same game as last year, Miss Sophie?"

"Same game as every year, James!"

Am I experiencing another deja vu? Yes, I think so... ;)

Fifa - we never change!
  8. Sep 23, 2014
    It's the same game as FIFA 14, but without Brazilian league, with updated squads, destructible grass and stupid face animation. EA Sports, they've done it again.
  9. Sep 23, 2014
    Incredible! Emotional and very powerful. Looks like a really match, Fans is amazing. There are voice is powerful. Ball physics is really good. Thanks EA..
  10. Sep 30, 2014
    How can EA justify this crap.. They keep releasing unfinished...stuff (dont know if i can call this a game).
    This particular stuff are riddled with bugs, retarded AI (just type in "retarded AI" in google and fifa popps up), and a very broken "defence" system. The ball is like metal and the shoes are like magnets, nearly impossible to take the ball from anyone who know how to keep it and every player not in possession feel like tanks. The matches themselves feel very "scripted" and I have never lost soo many 50/50 duals in my life. It is not acceptable to charge full retail for this, get ur head out of ur ass EA and listen to the fans and for gods sake Stop release unfinished games.. or we will give U the grand prize of "worst company in america"...4 the 3:e time.
  11. Oct 1, 2014
    I have owned every FIFA since FIFA 09 - it's easily my most played game series - and usually I would defend it to the hilt.

Not this year. FIFA 15 is the laziest sequel in the series so far, with most of the additions either pointless or to the detriment of the overall gameplay. In it's current state I would easily recommend FIFA 14, or even FIFA 13 on last gen which was the pinnacle of the series.

Let's start with the new GKs. They are useless. Absolutely. I can see why EA wanted to upgrade them - they've had the same animations since FIFA 10 or so, but the mistake they've made is instead of changing/upgrading the animations they've entirely rewritten the GK coding. This would be fine if they did it well. But they haven't. The new GKs may be better at saving 1v1s but they are far FAR more prone to horrendous mistakes (due to no fault of your own) you'll wish you could have the old GKs back.

On the subject of GKs, I should also mention that near post shots are now overpowered to the point of exploitation because the new GKs just do not cover them well enough. They often refuse to respond to the triangle prompt to bring them out (I think because the AI decides it won't get there in time - so much for control!), and they still refuse to come for crosses anywhere outside of their 2 metre vision. Useless.

The new dribbling additions were quite unnecessary in my opinion - FIFA 14 upgraded these well and they felt right there. Now you feel like you're a half ballerina half ice-skater as you can zip round dopey defenders at will. Great for attackers but not so great in the overall balance of the game.

A direct result of this is that defending in the game is a lot lot harder - bordering on the side of impossible when you're playing people who know what they're doing. EA have done diddley squat to the defensive controls - they're still awkward thanks to Tactical Defending and a change player button which 9 times out of 10 gives you control of the wrong player. Instead you have to grapple with the right stick to select defenders - losing you invaluable seconds as attacking after attacker ice skate into your penalty box. You also give away penalties now for the slightest of shirt tugs which is just another tick in the "defending is hard" box. Counter attacks are still kings - as was the case in FIFA 14, which is a massive shame. Games frequently end up as 7-5 or 6-4 now, which for me is no fun at all - I used to enjoy and take pleasure from clean sheets - this has pretty much been eradicated, especially in Clubs mode when you're facing 3/4/5 super-human 88-rated ice skating attackers.

The shooting I think is one of the plus points - it's a lot more random, meaning no shot is a certain goal (apart from the near-post trickle-shot I mentioned earlier, though let's blame the GKs for that). The perchance for easy crossing and headering has also been toned down - after FIFA 14 had they way overpowered in favour of the attacker - another plus point.

The atmosphere in the stadia have definitely been improved with chants and crowd sounds the best yet. Great - but I'd rather the team who focused on that had actually improved the gameplay issues above.

But these three plus points do not make a good game, and FIFA 15 fails massively on the promises it made.

I could go on, and mention that the AI is still as dire as dishwater to play against. The fact that the nerfing of the finesse shot is still in place - like FIFA 14 - meaning that more or less every goal now is just a blast rather than a Pirlo esque curler into the top corner. The fact that Online Team Play - our most played mode in FIFA 11/12/13 has been absent in 14 and now in 15 is criminal - so much for adding new features, let's remove them hey EA?!

Overall I will continue to own and play FIFA 15 because its the version all my mates own and that we will play most of the year. But I'm not patient/stupid enough to invest in Seasons or UT this year which is a shame - and this is purely down to the game. Disappointing doesn't come close.
  12. Sep 30, 2014
    Pace! If you are to be successful online in FUT you will need a team filled with fastest players in the game to take advantage of the games broken defensive AI. In Fifa 14 this wasn't so much of an issue, as you were able to tackle, not with ease, but with some assurance. This time however, your defenders will run into each other or just stand still while your opponent breezes by. I havePace! If you are to be successful online in FUT you will need a team filled with fastest players in the game to take advantage of the games broken defensive AI. In Fifa 14 this wasn't so much of an issue, as you were able to tackle, not with ease, but with some assurance. This time however, your defenders will run into each other or just stand still while your opponent breezes by. I have won, and given away penalties for absolutely nothing tackles, that would not merit a foul in real football. I also wonder whether EA have ever been to a real football match and witness the state of the pitch as the game evolves, because I have, and I'll tell you that real life pitches don't get as cut up as they do in fifa 15. Literally every step a player makes will leave a mark on the pitch..every step!
    I am hopeful that with future patches the game may become more balanced, that pace whoring can be combated, defenders will be judged on how good of a defender they are not off their pace stat and that they tone back these living, breathing pitches.
    Until those issues are addressed it's a 6/10 from me. Not long till PES now anyway.
  13. Oct 10, 2014
    This game is without a doubt a step backward from FIFA 14 which itself had numerous problems.

The list of problems is almost too long to entail, however I will cover some of them; overall this game is really bad. It's frankly laughable that they said they have "revolutionised" goalkeepers, some of the strange decisions and mistakes that "world class" keepers have made have blown my

It's frankly laughable that they said they have "revolutionised" goalkeepers, some of the strange decisions and mistakes that "world class" keepers have made have blown my mind. The defenders in general are a joke, they stand around watching 94 pace players waltz through, they get shrugged off the ball by basically anybody who isnt 5 ft 1' and isn't made of paper.

They watch balls through the air fly through from goalkeepers hands, generally pace and decision making of the defenders seems really strange and inconsistent, frankly FULL of RNG and bugs.

Dribbling and so called "sweaty play" is totally overpowered and unrealistic, take any players with a bit of pace and dribbling and you can go pace 8 players from left back and smash it in top corner.

"KSI" goals still work along with a new, even more horrifying, "zig zag" technique from the kick-off where a pacey player runs through all the defenders who are on their mobile phones or waving at fans or somthing, who knows? They literally (other than the one you are controlling) stand still and watch the player run through in the first seconds of the kick off and score a goal.

Bugs and RNG in general play are really, really frequent. Players "floating" through balls, being ranomdly shoved off by suposedly thin air. Emotional intelligence literally seems to be nothing other than RNG / useless eye candy which decides to punish / reward you for some innane random tackle or decision.

The referee's and also the foul decision system is without a doubt (played since FIFA 10) the most ridiuclous inconsistent and buggy pile of steaming, you know what, that I have ever seen. Pretty much every 10 seconds you are fowled and the referee doesn't even bat an eyelid. I have had no less than three players sent off in around 50 games for world class tackles, awarded straight reds for doing literally nothing wrong. On the flip side, you'll frequently find yourself in the box about to shoot, only to get fowled and to have the game laugh at your penalty cries.

Really don't go buy this game, it's hugely dissapointing, unrewarding and frustrating to play and rammed full of bugs and inconsistent development.

P.S: Another really horrible part to the game is the total Americanisation of everything. The typical "pin up players" behave like super heroes and have "really rad skill moves", they can just spam skill moves and seem to float through anybody ( you can just picture an american who knows largely nothing about 'soccer' going "awwww dude did you see that step over?!!!?!?!!?" ). There is unnessercary, and to be honest ghastly, music everywhere such as on the loading screen and at half time, this along with the score board and the scrolling team members at the bottom makes it feel like a baseball game, it's really uncomfortable to be greeted with. But hey, considering EA CANADA developed this disgrace to the FIFA series, there's not too many surprises there.

Don't buy this, you'd have more fun and reward playing the lottery.
  14. Oct 13, 2014
    I loved FIFA 14, but this version is just horrible. Not because they didn't improve anything, but because the so-called improvements are causing gameplay issues. For example, the opponent keep scoring with ricochet balls, which is very unrealistic and annoying. Also, the game borders are cut-off because of a bug in the game.

Sadly, this year's FIFA is horrible and I regret buying it.

Sadly, this year's FIFA is horrible and I regret buying it. I'll wait for the PES 2015 reviews and maybe after >10 years of devotion I'll make the switch.
  15. Oct 10, 2014
    This game is just another running simulator made by ea, so that even the most retarded children can play this game. It's not even fun to play anymore,because you just need to run. **** this game, **** EA.
  16. Oct 2, 2014
    The definition of insanity is doing or buying the same **** every single time or year and expecting things to change! So, if you want to buy it for another year and feed the money-hungry mouths of EA go ahead FIFA fanboy. Go rage because you don't get good players in packs and pay even more for money for coins. FIFA has exactly the same amount of content as a patch for Cod!
  17. Oct 21, 2014
    yet again the same thing every year......... but this year was great. I'm kidding it was very bad I had a sad expression on my face. even when I liked my goal I still felt suicidal depressed inside. This is the last time I will write a review because I'm going to kill byself after playing this disgusting bad ting of a game. ME NO LIKEY
  18. Oct 12, 2014
    This game is broken from every aspect.
    and the soundtrack is full of sh!tty songs so that EA will not pay much.
    will not even waste my time writing a full review about it.
  19. Nov 26, 2014
    This is not a football game anymore. The game is totally scripted. There's handicap if you're better than your opponents, every game is rigged (offline AND online). Basically, Fifa is turning into Mario Kart : "Everyone can win, especially if you're down 0-3 at the 85' minute". 5 minutes extra time every game, last minute goals from impossible angles, your defenders suddenly can't playThis is not a football game anymore. The game is totally scripted. There's handicap if you're better than your opponents, every game is rigged (offline AND online). Basically, Fifa is turning into Mario Kart : "Everyone can win, especially if you're down 0-3 at the 85' minute". 5 minutes extra time every game, last minute goals from impossible angles, your defenders suddenly can't play football anymore. If you're winning too much, your team starts to choke, your pass % drops, your accuracy suddenly drops, and the opponent gets all the luck.

They have turned fifa into a money machine.

Basically, for the Ultimate Team mode, the point is to buy cards to get better players, but the more your players are good, the more handicap you get, and it gets more and more difficult to win. You will never be able to win 5 games in a row, unless you're a total prick or spend your whole life on it. The last game you need to win to be promoted will always be rigged. It's another Candy Crush-like system where you need to pay real money to advance quicker, and this needs to stop

Another point : the whole strategy/chemistry/tactics is ruined by the fact that you can score easily by just running forward at kickoff. 90% of the online games goals are like this. Don't even try to stop their 62 overall rated attacker, he will dribble your entire defense.

In Career mode, it's the case since fifa 2001, the weakest team in the league will always be the hardest to beat. Yes you have Messi but that Elche defender is just better, quicker and he can score from anywhere.

EA continues to insult the players, and the fifa community is one of the worst you can find. There absolutely no pleasure to play this game, you just have to cross your fingers and hope that the script is in your favour, that's all. You'd better just play dice and see if you roll a 6, same fun.

The only good points : the grapchis are better, and if you can't play fifa at all, then you'll have a bigger chance to win games.
  20. Oct 16, 2014
    I played a lot of football games in the past, I bought FIFA 11, 13 and 14 but also PES 14, I also played all the FIFA games since 1998 and 3 other versions of PES before. I will try to be as realistic as I can. I played the game 2 long nights - 8 hours each (one night in 3 players - we created a tournament and second night Ultimate in 2 players and I played as a guest) and I looked aI played a lot of football games in the past, I bought FIFA 11, 13 and 14 but also PES 14, I also played all the FIFA games since 1998 and 3 other versions of PES before. I will try to be as realistic as I can. I played the game 2 long nights - 8 hours each (one night in 3 players - we created a tournament and second night Ultimate in 2 players and I played as a guest) and I looked a little bit at the others modes and new things also.

Positive things:

- The footprints is a nice feature to have and also the animations from dead moments are nice. For those who didn't play FIFA 14 on PS4 the game will look like a huge improvement in terms of graphics- but most of it is due to the new console. Those who played FIFA 14 on PS4 will probably see very slight differences.
    - With the help of the new console you see much more animations in terms of the way body players move after a shot, tackle etc. it looks very nice. Also, the fact that the goal moves up and down at hard shots created a very nice feeling – 5 star feature for me
    - Another improvement is in terms of game play - Inertia is now finally real and ball physics is much better - it feels like PES 14 from this point of view and this is great. It is now difficult to stop and turn back to receive a too short pass or simply turn at very high speed. It looks and feels very realistic
    - The running down the wing, crossing and scoring headers from any position and with any player is gone so this is more tuned down and it is more realistically represented now, you can still score headers , but it seems to matter more the attributes of the players. This is for me a big improvement from FIFA 14
    - In Ultimate they took steps to stop people who used soft like the auto bidders so if you scroll too many pages it asks you to put a number there to confirm you are not a robot
    Negative things:
    - The first one and the most annoying is the “random” that still exist in the game. I call it “random” as I try to avoid the word which starts with “s..” and finishes with “…ing” –every FIFA player who played more than 100 games know what I mean. In 2 nights of playing Ultimate and against friends I felt that in around 20% of the games I didn’t have full control of what was happening on the field and that the result was not conform with the match. The weirdest match was one we lost in Ultimate with 2-1. The opponent had a Bundesliga gold team with a Bronze CDM of 62 called Net… something. We had a Serie A gold team. He scored the first goal from a free kick around 30-35 meters from a little wide and the shot went pretty central – the player who scored was the bronze CDM and we had Buffon in goal. I looked on “Futhead” for that player after – it had 45 free kick and maximum 50 in any other shooting attribute. The second goal the opponent scored was in the famous 90 minute. So goals in 45 and 90 minute still happen, although I have to admit that is less than previous versions. But it is still much more often than it should be.
    - Another negative thing regarding the game play is that the age of PACE is back, so what they managed to fix from FIFA 13 to FIFA 14 they ruined in FIFA 15. It is impossible to play at very competitive level with slow players - defensively most of all is horror. In FIFA 14 they managed to balance somehow the attributes, now pace is again very overpowered
    - Some useful things disappeared from the game and it is disappointing as a game should be extended, nut cut – the fact you can’t practice anymore like 10 vs 5, 5 vs 1 etc is … how can I say it – unthinkable
    - Another thing which was cut and it is also very bad is the connection signal in ultimate, so you can’t see before the match if you have a good or bad connection with the opponent - this was there for so many years that everybody expects it . It is a common sense. Why should you struggle 12 minutes watching frames when you can easily avoid that. It is a feeling that EA doesn’t know what to improve anymore so they take features out from the game so they can put them back in next years and present them as improvements. Disappointing, VERY disappointing
    As a general thing I consider EA made some steps forward and some more steps backward. There are the same old problems which are still not addressed like the “random” . There is a common feeling between FIFA players I spoke with, that this will never be fixed as there are some reasons to be kept in. There are things which were in FIFA 14 and are not anymore in FIFA 15 and also FIFA 14 was more balanced game in terms of players attributes, so FIFA 14 was a better game even with the overpowered crossing. Even though I will not be able to play online with some of my friends, I decided I will not buy FIFA 15 as the game is generally worse than FIFA 14. With regret, I want to tell EA that for me November is coming. And in the next years there might be a November coming for a lot of the others.
  21. Oct 10, 2014
    Fifa 15 is an ill attempt at simulation-style futbol (soccer). Is it the best on the market? Yes, but that's not saying much. The lack of competition in the sports game genre (soccer, football, basketball, etc) has allowed for the bar to be set unbelievably low, which has stifled the progress you would expect to see in 2014. In any event, here's my pros and cons list for Fifa 15 (rankedFifa 15 is an ill attempt at simulation-style futbol (soccer). Is it the best on the market? Yes, but that's not saying much. The lack of competition in the sports game genre (soccer, football, basketball, etc) has allowed for the bar to be set unbelievably low, which has stifled the progress you would expect to see in 2014. In any event, here's my pros and cons list for Fifa 15 (ranked according to most pleasing v most frustrating):

PROS (ranked according to most pleasing)
    - Decent to Good (Not Great) Graphics: Self-explanatory
    - Game Modes: A healthy selection of game modes.
    - Field Degradation: Self-explanatory

CONS (ranked according to most frustrating)
    - All Out Blitz Mode: I call it this because I cannot describe any better what happens at the end of games when I'm tied or ahead when playing a team on World Class. Literally, from a mediocre team (Racing Santander) to an elite team (Barcelona FC), I am overwhelmed at the end of every game on World Class difficulty (The same crap happens in Madden as well). I could have been dominating the game for the first 80min and, all of a sudden, the CPU Team kicks it into maximum overdrive with immense pressure on all fronts, super-reactive players, increased speed bursts, superior strength and tackling abilities, etc. I literally cannot hold onto the ball to save my life, while my defenders become brain dead and unresponsive. I cannot count how many games where I've been leading (sometimes by more than a goal) into the final 10min only to see the game end in a tie or, even worse, a loss! EA must be colluding with Sony and Microsoft on ways to drive incremental revenue through additional accessories sales by having this mess happen... I've learned to not throw my controller anymore because of the likelihood of them breaking and the expensive price point of controllers, but what I described gets me close to breaking this habit.

- Unresponsive User AI: I have watched time and time again my CPU controlled players (User AI) stare at the CPU Team players as they make moves on or off the ball. Literally, I want to break my controller when I see the CPU Team players beat my CPU controlled players out for balls they clearly should have no chance at. On goal kicks, loose balls, etc. my players literally watch as the CPU Team's players run in front of them to get the ball... Then my players react. This also happens when I'm passing to a CPU controlled player on my team and the CPU Team's player runs in front of him to steal the ball... My players never come back to the ball - NEVER! It's like in order to make the game competitive or just work, the developers decided to limit User player's responsiveness... Very, Very, Very FRUSTRATING!!!

- Player Speed: This has been a CONSISTENT issue for me. Why hasn't this been fixed? Assuming the developers play the game, when they're playing the game this doesn't bother them? This to me is a BIG ISSUE!!! There's really no variance between player's speed. I can have a 90 SPD player and be caught from BEHIND by a player with 75 SPD.... COME ON, SON!!! Really???

Overall, would I recommend FIFA 15? No! Spend your money elsewhere!
  22. Oct 25, 2014
    8 for offline and 2 for online.
    8 for offline and 2 for online.
    Online games always start with one of the two teams having a big advantage (can be speed, control, precision on shoot and/or passing, team movements, goalkeeper and so on). The result is that most of the games are a big win o a big loss, with human players having very similar skills.. The CPU controls the result. Check your statistics and see how many draws you have. I have more then 100 games and only 25% of draws... a huge amount of goals even if I play with a strong attention to the defence; it seems it is impossible to finish a game 0-0, and when it happens it is because the attackers starts to shoot very bad even alone in front of the goalkeeper... With the two latest patches the situation has worsened...
    When EA will stop to control our games, I will raise the vote
  23. Nov 3, 2014
    Another year of disappointment. Agreed with critic from "soninlaw". Same here I'm a hard FIFA player with hundreds of matches per season.

The problem with EA now is the monopoly they have with the FIFA franchise, hopefully soon enough Konami does something about it to change the situation. I left PES for FIFA 09 five or six ago for the same situation happening right now (no big improvements). Looks like it´s time to go back to Konami's PES to support them for make a good soccer game to compete.
  24. Nov 5, 2014
    Worse every year... The problem is guys are still buying the game...so why change ? f
  25. Nov 19, 2014
    Frustration, anger, raised blood level.... These are the words I used to describe playing fifa15... It's so unrealistic when someone can dribble for the whole length of pitch... Enuff said
  26. Jan 15, 2015
    Why is nobody saying anything about the awkward red cards. You get them even when you win the ball. You need an Italian team to be invisible, that camera man is made of wood and the camera.... I don't know...
  27. Feb 22, 2015
    ¿realmente este juego es un simulador?.......arcade chapucero, lleno de bugs, servidores que se caen, latencia insoportable....mas o menos los mismo de los ultimos 5 años pero con colores mas bonitos.Basura a precio de oro.Y no pongo mas cosas porque no vale la pena perder el tiempo....y el dinero con este......juego.

Solo apto para fanboys.
  28. Dec 1, 2014
    This game is completely broken. Players with moderate pace can weave through defenders like Messi. Online Ultimate Team matches are invariably against people who run down the middle at your defense at full speed. God help you if your match is laggy, because your star players will suddenly lose the ball mid-dribble, and your defenders will fall over each other, which is only slightly lessThis game is completely broken. Players with moderate pace can weave through defenders like Messi. Online Ultimate Team matches are invariably against people who run down the middle at your defense at full speed. God help you if your match is laggy, because your star players will suddenly lose the ball mid-dribble, and your defenders will fall over each other, which is only slightly less effective than their default AI. Many matches are laggy due to a poor matchmaking system. Even without lag, your players will miss passes from two meters away, fall down for no reason, and generally act stupid. Even when your players do what you want them to do, glitches will do the rest. Referees are still arbitrary, rewarding yellow cards for standing in the wrong place while letting play go on following slide tackles from behind on players in the box.

Older FIFAs reached a point where they were starting to feel like actual soccer matches, but this just feels like an arcade soccer game aimed at impatient Red Bull-chugging middle schoolers. Match lobbies and unranked/non-season matches remain non-existent, and they even pulled the 11 v 11 practice arena for PS4/XBO.

I returned my copy.
  29. Jan 1, 2015
    worst piece of **** game ever, why people keep buying this garbage is beyond me. Love football but this thrash got nothing whatsoever to do with football.
  30. Nov 17, 2014
    For all the casual gamers, this game is absolute nice. But on the other hand as a hardcore fifa fan for decades i'm truly disappointed. Pace abuse continues and the worst part your strategies and gameplay never effects to match results. Hope they'll respect to loyal fans and patch it's bugs.
  31. Nov 15, 2014
    Boring scripted and totally contrived bullsh1t.
    Boring scripted and totally contrived bullsh1t.

This is quite possibly the most scripted contrived football game that has ever been released.

Defending is impossible/totally down to AI, shooting is impossible/totally down to AI.

What does that leave?

Passing the ball around in midfield is nice.
  32. Oct 12, 2014
    I miss when Fifa was actually an enjoyable game. Fifa 13 is the last one I owned, and a huge reason I traded in my xbox 360 for my ps4 was to get the next gen Fifa experience. It turns out this was a waste of my time, money, and a lot of energy by getting ridiculously angry at this game's numerous flaws.

Gameplay is my biggest gripe. In Fifa 13, I loved playing career mode. I spent

Gameplay is my biggest gripe. In Fifa 13, I loved playing career mode. I spent many hours on the 15 seasons I could to build multiple superteams out of scraps. The game was very fluid, it was not impossible to dribble and pass around defenders, and if you were good at the game, you could score 7 goals when you're at your best even on professional difficulty. With fifa 15, however, all of this is nearly impossible. I found the experience to be so throttled for every difficulty above semi-pro that I really wish that I had gotten a physical copy instead of buying the download so I could have returned the game for a full refund within a week. Fifa has been my favorite sports game for years, but this year it ends. For me at least, gone are the days when I wanted to get away from a hack and slash or FPS game. I have no choice anymore. Every sports game I used to play is out of the question due to gameplay gripes. Some that have gone on for a borderline decade even.

On Professional difficulty and above, fifa 15 is about as unenjoyable as I've seen this game in the past 5 iterations. I don't understand how the A.I. could take such a complete nosedive, but it has. Enemy A.I. - or opposing team - is so overpowered compared to your own teammates, especially when defending. The CPU constanty tries to crowd you when dribbling, sometimes devoting 4 defenders at a time to enclose the ballhandler to the point that no decision will work. Your team, however, will never do this. It's hard enough to get 1 of my CPU teammates to work with me and try to close of a ballhandler's lane, let alone 2 or 3. Also, one of the few gripes I had about fifa 13 is still present. WHY DO MY FULL BACKS ALWAYS LEAVE THE RIGHT AND LEFT COMPLETELY UNMANNED?! I am so sick and tired of players running down the wings completely free while I have to press L1 multiple times to get to the right defender before I waste a ton of his energy trying to get him back into position.

A second defensive flaw is how ridiculously difficult it has become to regain possession, let alone tap the ball away from the opposing team's players. In Fifa 13, you could hold L2 or LT and your player would automatically stick his foot out when the ball got close enough. This feature is no longer available in 15, and even pressing circle to force defenders to tackle rarely works, regardless of if it is Sergio Ramos or Lionel Messi you are controlling. On top of this, the CPU's automatic strategy is to run directly to the sidelines literally every time they get the ball and run along the outer bounds. This strategy wastes insane amounts of energy from your defenders while you try to catch up with them, just to watch them stop and turn multiple times while you flail and miss wildly trying to get the ball or at least get in front of them.

My last bit on the gameplay flaws in this game will be on the GKs. It has been much talked about that fifa 15 was putting a lot of effort into making keepers more "realistic." The problem with this is that if you are playing a video game, nobody wants every game to be 1-0 or 2-1. Goalies will literally save everything. It is difficult to get a shot past goalies in the mid 70s, and it is nearly impossible to penetrate the best in the world. The only goals that ever work are the ones when you are literally within a few feet of the goalie, and this is a double-edged problem, because just as well as it is easy to get a close shot past the goalie when on offense, your goalie will be just as inept in this situation. I haven't seen a goalie save a close shot like this in over 60 matches that I have played. Apparently, "realistic" means that up close the goalies have no chance and from7 feet out and beyond it is impossible to score.

The only positive things I can say about this game are that the player animations are more realistic than I have ever seem - sometimes to a maddening fault, as it takes some players ages to turn and regain momentum in the direction you want them to go. And also the implication of every Barclays league stadium, making the Barclays experience more realistic than ever. The graphics are top notch, and ultimate team is very addicting in my first go around with it. I am also very impressed with the transfer market feature, which works great and is a very quick and easy way to get players, staff or consumables you need.

It saddens me that I can no longer rely on Fifa to be my favorite and most addicting video game experience. Here's hoping in the coming years they at least fix some of the many new problems that have arisen in fifa 15.
  33. Nov 20, 2014
    Another year, another FIFA. So what's changed? Sadly, not much. Sure, the game is a bit more polished and the graphics a bit better, but that's about it.

FIFA 15 could be an enjoyable game, but the same problems that have been present in the recent FIFA iterations are still there and have never been solved because EA just don't care about their customers as long as they are milking money out of it.

Biggest problems are scripting, handicap and momentum. EA deny these exist, but they do. When the game decides you are to be penalised your players magically start moving in a sluggish manner, their reaction time gets much worse, they cannot control the ball anymore, they move slower and in the wrong directions lacking any precision. Basically this totally ruins the game as you don't win just by using your skill but it's a random process. Until EA fix this I will constantly rate this game as a 0 because it's just like cheating and I cannot understand why EA do it.

Apart from that some of the ratings for players on Ultimate Team are just ridiculous and show how little the creators know about football. The web app is even more bugged and slow than last year. Some of the items you redeem from the EA catalogue never materialise or are broken and EA never fix this either (still waiting to get the extra trading slots I redeemed on day 1 for example).

People will buy this game because apart from PES there is no real competition in this segment and because they love football, but year after year it's always a big let down as EA never address the main issue of the game showing they couldn't care less about their customers. No wonder they get voted year after year as the worst company when it comes to customer care.
  34. Nov 26, 2014
    This is the WORST football game i've ever played in my entire life (i had played probably under 20 or 21 football games in the past few years), for a bunch and a bunch of reasons, first of all its the same basic engine used in FIFA 2010, this company earns millions a year and uses the same engine in the past five years, the same engine and the same game, nothing changed at all.. TheThis is the WORST football game i've ever played in my entire life (i had played probably under 20 or 21 football games in the past few years), for a bunch and a bunch of reasons, first of all its the same basic engine used in FIFA 2010, this company earns millions a year and uses the same engine in the past five years, the same engine and the same game, nothing changed at all.. The mechanics are completely SCREWED i've never seen a worst mechanic in any kind of game of any kind of game genre in my whole life, the response of the AI to the situations... The command transfer and the caption of your commands are completely slow and misplaecd.. The AI of the players are just.... A JOKE. Well, i hate to give money to mercenary companies like this... Hate to do it.. Expand
  35. Nov 12, 2014
    Too many dropped online matches, too many bad positions taken by AI, too many weird goals, too slow a response time, bad music, too much emphasis on player speed over true skill and passing, too much a resemblance of a 1990's arcade-style sports game than a true simulation of a soccer match. Really taking steps back in the gameplay for the sake of expanded game modes. Really poor.
  36. Oct 6, 2014
    Being a non FIFA fan i bought this game from peer pressure and my hopes that it would grow into a loving relationship with football. Playing multiplayer and pro club play i found the game to jump between awsome and awful from match to match.

Graphics and presentation is great and the new physics system for players adds alot of difference from earlier games, but its also here the flaws being to creep out. The game handles for instance colliding between team players in one way, and opposing players in another. Also, small players are quick as lightning and hard to take the ball from, so there are ALOT of short people playing as forwards in multiplayer. There is lso some really wierd AI handling when it comes to defending, with AI being passive in multiplayer matches, especially in the penalty area. Also , the referee hands out penalty shots to players blocking the goalkeepers path in corner situations which is both frustrating and wierd.

There are issues, and im hoping the will get patched, because underneath this there is a great football game with awsome gameplay to be enjoyed.
  37. Oct 16, 2014
    Its very simple, this is an absulote garbage !
    Arcadish, crappy, childesh game and yes, its not even worth a dollar.
    The bad: 1. Gameplay is **** its like playing ping pong. game is too fast you cant even build up your gameplay. 2. Fast players will just run near you and you cant do **** about it. 3. Goals from 50 meters (yes.. yes..) 4. matchmaking is not good. 5. EA removed game
    Its very simple, this is an absulote garbage !
    Arcadish, crappy, childesh game and yes, its not even worth a dollar.
    The bad:
    2. Fast players will just run near you and you cant do **** about it.
    3. Goals from 50 meters (yes.. yes..)
    4. matchmaking is not good.
    5. EA removed game lobbies. no more unraked games just for fun.

The good :
    not a single thing.
  38. Oct 13, 2014
    Sad to see how EA have ruined FIFA!

This is my experience after 8 seasons online: - Turned it into an arcade game, with ping-pong passes and infinite stamina - Player instructions are reset when starting matches - Substitutes are missing - Wins are sometimes recorded as losses and vice versa - Goalkeeper AI is non-existent - High pressure abuse + infinite stamina ruins the
    Sad to see how EA have ruined FIFA!

This is my experience after 8 seasons online:

- Turned it into an arcade game, with ping-pong passes and infinite stamina
    - Player instructions are reset when starting matches
    - Substitutes are missing
    - Wins are sometimes recorded as losses and vice versa
    - Goalkeeper AI is non-existent
    - High pressure abuse + infinite stamina ruins the matches, players look like drug enhanced maniacs
    - EA have blocked most people from posting in their forums, probably to silence the critics
    - Way too easy to score goals now, most matches include _at least_ 4-5 goals
    - You should get a medal for keeping a clean sheet, as it's close to impossible
  39. Oct 15, 2014
    I just do not know how they can bring this pile of **** out every year and charge £40 odd for it! its the same **** diff day! Think zombie games are more realistic now days!
  40. Oct 15, 2014
    i can't believe how bad of a game this is. Goal keepers are retarded. Defenders are even more retarded, you can literally score a goal every time you pass the ball in the middle of the field, you only have to run with a fast player maybe take one defender and the goal is all yours. in this game you can run forward and score. Defending really sucks, you can't follow an opponent and havei can't believe how bad of a game this is. Goal keepers are retarded. Defenders are even more retarded, you can literally score a goal every time you pass the ball in the middle of the field, you only have to run with a fast player maybe take one defender and the goal is all yours. in this game you can run forward and score. Defending really sucks, you can't follow an opponent and have another defender pressure, he just doesn't mark the man. Goals don't feel like goals.Playing this game doesn't feel like your playing soccer, all the movements are rubbish ,they all move like robots. I have played all FIFA games this one is the worst. DONT BUY THIS CRAP Expand
  41. Oct 18, 2014
    Only rating it 0 to dumb down the average. I would give it a 2/10 in reality. Defenders still remain stagnant and act as if the attacking player making the run isn't even there. Referees, believe it or not, are worse than previous games. It's been downhill since FIFA 11...and the lack of competition is to partially blame. And EA making sock accounts to increase the average user score,Only rating it 0 to dumb down the average. I would give it a 2/10 in reality. Defenders still remain stagnant and act as if the attacking player making the run isn't even there. Referees, believe it or not, are worse than previous games. It's been downhill since FIFA 11...and the lack of competition is to partially blame. And EA making sock accounts to increase the average user score, shame on you. This is my final year of FIFA after playing the most recent FIFAs since FIFA '09. Expand
  42. Oct 21, 2014
    There was so much hype for this game and thewn it was bad the fifa games dont change they are bad BUT if you buy them all 5 times then they ARE STILL BAD!
    this is what the wife said to the developer -

"Same game as last year?"

"SAME GAME AS EVERY YEAR!"
  43. Oct 23, 2014
    Good graphic, everything else is crap.

1 - Momentum/scripting: The online is quite frustrating 2 - Defense: Your defense will be stupid, the don't do anything having players nearby, they are like ninepins. 3 - Goals: It's absolutely unrealistic, I'm in division 4 in FUT, every game finishes 4-5, 5-3, 4-4. In the last 10 games I played there were always more then 7 goals. I think
    Good graphic, everything else is crap.

1 - Momentum/scripting: The online is quite frustrating

I think it's enough.
  44. Oct 27, 2014
    It's actually pretty sad that the only thing that is better in Fifa15 compared to Fifa14 are the graphics.
    Besides that everything is worse.
    Fifa is sooooo busy trying to make the game lifelike and forgetting all about the fun part of playing a game. First of all the cut scenes.. as if we needed extra scenes to skip... Secondly they removed the offside line and we all know how terrible
    Besides that everything is worse.
    First of all the cut scenes.. as if we needed extra scenes to skip...
    Secondly they removed the offside line and we all know how terrible fifa is at calling a legit offside.
    Thirdly, you have to get brutally hit in order to get a foul called on the other hand if you happen to push someone it's a direct foul.. (illogical)
    Fourthly too many weird graphical glitches

FUT is still as bad as always.. you dominate the game for an hour with 14 shots 10 post hits and your opponent has 1 shot and 1 goal.. you know because if you don't hit the post at least 3 times per game you're not playing fifa.

I thought Fifa14 couldn't get any worse until they released Fifa15
  45. Nov 3, 2014
    Every year they make the game play worse while just improving the graphics. I guess it's the EA business model these days or something? Gone are the days when real gamers made games, you know ones that are actually made with pride instead of just rehashing some pathetic cash cow.

The AI has once again been dumbed down. I can't even figure out what my team mates are trying to do, let alone if I play against the computer. Sometimes a group of 3 AI players will sit in one corner of the pitch and pass it among themselves for minutes on end, before one of them looses the ball into touch for apparently no other reason than idiocy. EA seems to think that professional footballers must be really stupid then with no skill or talent, judging by the outrageous number of errors all the players make. Can anyone get the ball on target? That's if the computer can even work the ball up field into attack, which is rare. I used to be able to get a good match in on Legendary, now even that is totally unrealistic.

I guess this year they put effort into improving goalkeepers? All this has done has made it damn near impossible to score goals, not that it was easy before, but don't even think you're gonna score a top corner screamer this time around. Headers too are extremely difficult.

I mainly play pro career mode, which I thought was quite good back in the days of '10, '11' and 12. Now even that has been ruined of any fun factor with the terrible AI and questionable tactics the computer seems to employ. Matches have no realism, my team may get 14 shots on target and only score 1 goal, while the computer gets 2 shots and scores on one of them. This happens constantly. The player rating during the games are a joke too. Apparently EA doesn't seem to think that a player can have a good match if he doesn't score or get an assist. Not to mention if you're tired by the end of a match or wanna sub yourself off. That's almost career suicide.

So where does it end? I'll tell you where. I mainly play pro career mode so I can play for my country in big tournaments like the Euro Championships or the World Cup. So I played 2 damn seasons, made the England team, got called up to the Euro's only to find out that the game has a glitch and won't let you play in them. I haven't played the game since.

Really EA? Really???? I've been playing FIFA since '04. Games are supposed to get better with time. EA gets worse.
  46. Nov 24, 2014
    I actually had a little kind of hope that EA would make the game without scripting this year, but of course it didn't happen. Fifa 15 and especially ultimate team, is 110% scriptet and horrible to play. The same sad story like last year. The EA "Machine" decides if you are going to win, loose or draw, in every single match you play and its like not even playing the game yourself at mostI actually had a little kind of hope that EA would make the game without scripting this year, but of course it didn't happen. Fifa 15 and especially ultimate team, is 110% scriptet and horrible to play. The same sad story like last year. The EA "Machine" decides if you are going to win, loose or draw, in every single match you play and its like not even playing the game yourself at most times. So we know the fact that this games koncept builds on personal playing-kompetences, but why the heck am i going to play and try to catch even more kompentences, if the "EA machine" doesn't allow me to use them, it will simply make my players do a absolutely horrible work on the field (Even with the biggest world star players) It is so obvious sometimes that its almost looks kinda funny.
  47. Nov 14, 2014
    I've been playing and enjoying FIFA now since 2009. But ever since 12, its declined for me. They never made it better, it got worse. The scripted Career Matches, constant pace abuse - I played online seasons on FIFA 15 and just met with people abusing - yeah you guessed it - Bale/Ronaldo. So I decided I'll be Aston Villa - what could go wrong eh? Well, look up Ahmed Musa and Seydou DoumbiaI've been playing and enjoying FIFA now since 2009. But ever since 12, its declined for me. They never made it better, it got worse. The scripted Career Matches, constant pace abuse - I played online seasons on FIFA 15 and just met with people abusing - yeah you guessed it - Bale/Ronaldo. So I decided I'll be Aston Villa - what could go wrong eh? Well, look up Ahmed Musa and Seydou Doumbia of CSKA Moskva. I tried games 4 with Villa, and played pace abusers in every game, they were using CSKA. So online, its just not enjoyable. Career Mode finally had pre-contracts introduced, if only it were sensible though. You can basically sign ANY world class player for free, as their contracts don't get renewed. In one season I managed to get Busquets, Neymar, Cavani, Oscar, Hummels and Reus - all for free. That was 3 seasons into a Manager Mode. Even Messi was going but he wouldn't move. The game play lacks skill, you can get in behind a Chelsea defense at will, even on legendary difficulty. EA can buy as many licences they want, FIFA 15 is poor. I can't sit and actually enjoy playing it at all, its trade-in fodder for GTAV. Expand
  48. Dec 22, 2014
    fifa 15 is really a bad game because the handicap are stronger than anoter fifas the goalkepers are really bad in fifa are a lot of op players if you dont have a op player in your squad you cannot win but the positives thiings are the skills ea added more skills more realism in the stadium and the transmision are better. I really love fifa but this year i think pes is a little better
  49. Jan 14, 2015
    like every year EA gives us the almost wrost game but the best football game (because there is no that much football games) and they succses just becuase of the FUT the i will need much more then 5000 characters to write what wrong in fifa but i will say it in one word: AIDS
  50. Jan 22, 2015
    This fifa is the worst I ever played, I am not talking to the graphics but with the gameplay which has been the issue of many of us. 1st of all, now it is very hard to control a ball without hitting to buttons at a time.. if you run quickly with the ball you will certainly lose it because a player like cristiano Ronaldo for ex. doesn't know how to control and ho to run with a ball. I thinkThis fifa is the worst I ever played, I am not talking to the graphics but with the gameplay which has been the issue of many of us. 1st of all, now it is very hard to control a ball without hitting to buttons at a time.. if you run quickly with the ball you will certainly lose it because a player like cristiano Ronaldo for ex. doesn't know how to control and ho to run with a ball. I think its an innovation to give the player the feeling to totally control one player, but its freaking hard to control 11 player..so i think they should have think about it. 2nd one is to change from Legacy defending to Tactical defending which is the newest way to defend.'' legacy defending is the way you always defend in a fifa in past till to fifa 12. The Tactical defening system his the most useless thing they had introduce in the game, because it is very very hard to defend properly, remember its very hard to control the ball now think you have to control all your defenders at a time. So I really think they had just go a way too far for me, I saw on a forum that many users has already gone to return the game because they are not able to use legacy defending online, which make the game very very hard even for someone it is good at it. So don;t lose your time to play a game which look more like a mission game than a sport game. better go on PES its a way better trust me Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2015
    It's always the same. Everything is bugging. Every a few improvments of the game, I think it's only a money-making game. The games from EA are totally ****, also this game. And now I'm saying goodbye to EA.
  52. Mar 25, 2015
    i play this game on PS4 and trust me its the glitchiest game I've ever played. passing,goalkeepers, shooting everything is broken . it is not worth the 70 bucks that you have to spend to get it. it's better to go spend this money on other games. EA f@cked us again!! they couldnt even copy their own game! fifa14 was better
  53. RZZ
    Mar 27, 2015
    Probably the **** game and the **** company in the world. EA don't give a **** about the people who buy the game. EA recently released price ranges to FIFA 15 Ultimate team. they care so much about money and so little about security and their customers its disgusting. I DO NOT recommend this game to anyone who enjoys having a good time. Go **** you're self EA, I'm buying PES.
  54. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O my god, whatever you do don't ever consider buying this game, the game has become so scipted so it doesn't even make sense anymore to try. And the more you play the more scripted it gets, it's like once you get addicted the AI gives the less experienced player so many advantages that it becomes impossible to win. The last game made me throw away the game for ever. I mean it from the bottom of my heart, don't but this piece of **** its the most scripted game I played in my life. Expand
  55. Dec 16, 2014
    if you looking for a realistic soccer gamr then stay away from fifa 15 i can't believe that i waste 65$ on this garbage gameplay is broken and the A.I is stupid this is the arcade version of older fifas its really bad
  56. Oct 15, 2014
    Fifa use to be a great simulation game since 08 and now that's a big arcade game, even PES 2 was more realist. Even if the offline part was really good as usually, the online is a real disaster. Games look like everything except football. What a shame. But people who doesn't like football may enjoy this game.
  57. Oct 28, 2014
    This game is fine in most modes but during 2 player, cpu adjustment when playing is now right and very frustrating. I am seriously losing interest in the game really fast due to this. We play a lot of 2 player and some players that are rated low are running all over the field conquering everything. I seem to only have this problem during 2 player. Sometimes I can be playing and kick otherThis game is fine in most modes but during 2 player, cpu adjustment when playing is now right and very frustrating. I am seriously losing interest in the game really fast due to this. We play a lot of 2 player and some players that are rated low are running all over the field conquering everything. I seem to only have this problem during 2 player. Sometimes I can be playing and kick other players butt and sometimes they kick mine regardless of how good the teams are. Most of the time the player behaviors are not relative to reality and good players become horrible in game and slow bad players become dominant and fast. Some players can run right over others and take the ball without hitting any buttons and others stop dead in their tracks when switching players or when being challenged. Not at all close to realistic. Expand
  58. Nov 6, 2014
    i go all out attack which makes my team defend better,if i dont the computer scores at will...how does that make sense? m,y goal keeper is so bad its amazing,concedes the 1st shot every time
  59. Nov 13, 2014
    I have been playing fifa 15 since it was launched, a few weeks ago, and all I have to say is: This game is terrible!!! If u play tournament, i can assure you gonna agree with me: 70% of the player choose real madrid and, after this, the game is completely unbalanced. All the opponent needs to do overall is in the kick off pass to Cristiano Ronaldo, or benzema, or Bale, and run straight andI have been playing fifa 15 since it was launched, a few weeks ago, and all I have to say is: This game is terrible!!! If u play tournament, i can assure you gonna agree with me: 70% of the player choose real madrid and, after this, the game is completely unbalanced. All the opponent needs to do overall is in the kick off pass to Cristiano Ronaldo, or benzema, or Bale, and run straight and shoot!. All your players will keep frozen, like the dumbest people in the world. And it keeps happening all the time in the game.
    The difference between defence and atack is huuuuge. All u need to do is run run run!
    I dont know how a game is made, but this game has taken a way completely wrong!
  60. Nov 15, 2014
    FIFA 15 is the sequel to, rather obviously, FIFA 14, and 13, and 12 etc. For this latest installment, the graphics have been vastly improved for next gen consoles. Career mode offers the most changes, but other than that it is vastly the same.
    Ulitmate Team has remained the same from FIFA 14, and offers no new features. Instead, it removed some of the most important features. The removal of trade offers means 'Pink Slip's are now impossible, and coin sellers are not banned, something which was widely used in FIFA 14.
    Career mode still uses the global transfer network from FIFA 14. It also has a new transfer search system, and is now similar to the ultimate team search function. Players now grow and decrease in rating better. Young players gain ratings faster, while older players decrease and retire slower.
    On previous gen consoles, there is no seasons anymore. This is not a problem for next gen gamers, but is a huge disappointment for people who are unable to get a PS4 or XBOX ONE.
    Other than this, there are no real changes, but the game is still enjoyable. Several freezing issues have been fixed, but I still have some problems with the game randomly crashing, and ultimate team not working, but is still the same game in truth.
  61. Feb 6, 2015
    Completely awful game. Apparently the most important skill you can ever have as a football player is the ability to run fast because that makes you a god in fifa15.

What's the point of playing a game online when the game scripts the hell out of everything and makes your defenders move out of position so your opponent can score goals? It's a joke of a game made by clowns who know nothing about football.
  62. Nov 18, 2014
    Decent game better on defense this time around. nice graphics but nothing special all pretty much the same as before. Ultimate team should not be the basis of the game.
  63. Nov 19, 2014
    Rating this game a 5 purely for its graphical improvements. Gameplay is terrible. Want to win? Just play as Real Madrid and play over the top balls to Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Ronaldo, but it's simply unrealistic. The contain button is practically useless. One trick from the opposition player and you're gone. Everyone reading this, do yourself a favour and give PES aRating this game a 5 purely for its graphical improvements. Gameplay is terrible. Want to win? Just play as Real Madrid and play over the top balls to Ronaldo. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Ronaldo, but it's simply unrealistic. The contain button is practically useless. One trick from the opposition player and you're gone. Everyone reading this, do yourself a favour and give PES a chance. It might just amaze you what a real simulation should be like. Oh, I reduced my score to 2 because some FIFA fanboys are rating it 10. Seriously? Do you play the game or do you just look at the graphics? Expand
  64. Dec 8, 2014
    FIFA 15 is just a danger to your nerves and to your state of mind.You will 100% be annoyed at how idiotic this game is. FIFA is far from a simulator. A game in which matches end 5-4, 5-5, 6-5, 8-6 every time online can be called anything but a simulator. You simply cannot defend in this game, no matter how hard you try. Tactical defending was always retarded, but you can somehow still pullFIFA 15 is just a danger to your nerves and to your state of mind.You will 100% be annoyed at how idiotic this game is. FIFA is far from a simulator. A game in which matches end 5-4, 5-5, 6-5, 8-6 every time online can be called anything but a simulator. You simply cannot defend in this game, no matter how hard you try. Tactical defending was always retarded, but you can somehow still pull it off in previous FIFAs, Not anymore. Any player with a little bit of pace will be able to zig-zag through your defence and score because your defenders ARE NOT TACKLING the opponents. They are simply running away from the ball. I purposely watch replays to see why I concede and it amazes me to see my defenders NOT MARKING the opponents and simply running in other directions or just watching on the pitch.

Apart from this, this game is heavily scripted just like other FIFAs before. Most through balls or lobbed through balls will make your defenders do like a jerking movement, slowing them at that exact time for the opposing striker to catch the ball and get through on goal. 90th and 45th minutes are again scripted. If you are winning by, let's say, 3-1 in 90th minute, be prepared to concede 2 goals because the match will always get 5 minutes extra time and because the player you have simply dominated whole match suddenly turnes into a god and scores a couple of goals one after another.

Another stupid thing about this game is the kick-off goal. Players online are now just running straight from kick-off, zig-zag through your defense and you can hardly defend. I have scored and conceded a lot of goals like this. Whoever implemented this into the game clearly has no idea about football, and is probably living in Canada watching hockey or rugby or some stupid sport but clearly not football.
    You can never do this in real life, totally unrealistic.

I would like to add that the game feels too fast, passing are travelling at light speed, sometimes you can barely see where the ball is. This clearly shows how arcady this game has become, you are basically playing call of duty now.

In conclusion, I would not recommend this game to anyone, unless you love getting angry and you are a masochist. For me it landed straight in the thrash bin. Oh, and don't even think about PES 2015, tried it and it is just as crappy as FIFA.
  65. Apr 3, 2015
    - There is no middlefield gameplaying

- There is no defending at all, you can just run trough the defender with Speed Monsters like C.Ronaldo ,Bale,Neymar trough the defenders. - There is no realistic shoots, you can just shoot from everywhere and mostly the ball get in the net , its just noob game. last time i played this game my opponent just shoot a goal from 50 meters with a ****
    - There is no middlefield gameplaying

- There is no realistic shoots, you can just shoot from everywhere and mostly the ball get in the net , its just noob game. last time i played this game my opponent just shoot a goal from 50 meters with a **** defender ! how is this possible ??

-There is no Tactic in this Game. I wouldnt say its Ping Pong game but its always the same way to shoot goals. you just need to pass trough balls to the wingers or cross to them and thats working very well. No Tiki taka gameplay ,No possession, .i feel like me and my opponent just do counter attacks.

so the GAMEPLAY in Fifa 15 sucks but Hey! the graphic and the animations looks good thats feel real and dont forget FIFA UT for these people who likes to give 100$ extra money for opening 2-3 good players. FIFA UT is the worse feature in Fifa we are not in Yugioh! god damn.
  66. Apr 8, 2015
    Just another year of typical FIFA. It's funny how with all the money in the world, they just never polish the game properly. Keepers are better in some respects but in others they are worse, when they use to be strong in certain scenarios that is now their weakness. Good job EA.
    The defending AI is absolutely retarded. They play as though they have never played football in the back line before. A true misrepresentation of their true counterparts. So sad that every year the same problems are apparent. So many cheaters buying coins on UT and pace whoring, every game you play the same pacey players with a direct skill less approach to football it is letting the beautiful game down.
    This game deserves a zero because EA never listen and never fix the same problems that have always been there. It's shame because every year i hold to hope that maybe EA will get it right, they do and they never will with regards to their approach to football.
    Been with FIFA since FIFA 06. I will not let the cycle continue and am now embracing the beautiful game that is PES. They understand football.
  67. Apr 27, 2015
    i hate this game! its full of aids and bull****
    i am very vevevevveveveveveveveveveveveevvevevevevevevvevevevevevevevevevvevevevevevevevevvevevry dissapointed
  68. Apr 28, 2015
    This is the end of Fifa as a game. It's terrible. Made by developers who do not have a clue about the game of football. FUT is beyond bad. 99% of players are coin buyers & the alternative is to pay EA for packs which means a load of garbage players that no-one wants. EA took action but the game died well before then. There are so many ways this could be a decent game but EA missed out.This is the end of Fifa as a game. It's terrible. Made by developers who do not have a clue about the game of football. FUT is beyond bad. 99% of players are coin buyers & the alternative is to pay EA for packs which means a load of garbage players that no-one wants. EA took action but the game died well before then. There are so many ways this could be a decent game but EA missed out. Every year it seems to get worse but this is way too much. When have you ever seen 3 world class defenders all bump into each other? Rarely happens in football but happens two or three times a match in Fifa 15. Terrible game. Expand
  69. Apr 28, 2015
    AI is terrible and gameplay heavily depends on the chances which computer decides.
    Through passes are dumb as f*** and if I turn it off to manual mode it is nearly impossible to make any good passes. doesn't really matter if I win or lose, it always frustrates me. This game is waste of time.
    It is just another franchise where EA pour the money for fifa licenses which PES doesn't have and they think it is a better game. Go play PES if you wanna play real football game.
  70. May 25, 2015
    There are so many things wrong with this now it's unbelievable! Scripting has taken over this game completely no matter what game mode you play. It's not about passing the ball around, good build up play or scoring great goals, even when you score a goal there is no real sense of acheivement. All it's about is lofting the ball over to a pacey forward who will run straight through theThere are so many things wrong with this now it's unbelievable! Scripting has taken over this game completely no matter what game mode you play. It's not about passing the ball around, good build up play or scoring great goals, even when you score a goal there is no real sense of acheivement. All it's about is lofting the ball over to a pacey forward who will run straight through the defence with ease, or hitting rediculous shot's from 40 yards out and finding the back of the net! I found it really hard to score on the older fifa's, but at least when you did you would score a good, hard earned goal, and in general if somebody beat you it was because they were better and didn't just have obafemi martins up front! Fifa has been on a downward spiral with each game that comes out. It feels like the game was developed by somebody who has never watched a game of football but who plays alot of call of duty. There is absolutely no realism in it's game play and is now completely an arcade game! Expand
  71. Sep 29, 2014
    To be honest, the demo worked nicely and playing the AI felt like a bit of an upgrade.

Now I bought the damn thing and played 2 vs 2 on PS4 and nothing works. Stats are **** up, the keepers are more stupid than ever, the AI seems more random than ever and even with all the small improvements - this is the year PES will get another shot at it.

It seems EA is trying to piss off its customers
  72. Sep 30, 2014
    I have owned every Fifa game out there since Fifa International Soccer back in the 90's. It's been a long and, for the most part, great journey.

As every new iteration of Fifa, it has been talked up by EA of beeing perfect like nothing else. However this time around EA have not been pitching out catchy phrases to lure the fans in, which I find both disappointing and surprising. So

So what's new then you say? Well, EA have redesigned the goal keepers for the next gen consoles, calling them Next Gen Goalies. Nice! The overall AI is also supposed to be something out of this world according to EA themselves. At the end of the day though, there are not that much new and innovating in the game compared to Fifa 14.
    Maybe the biggest change, and a good one, is the full licence of Barclays Premier League which have given us all the official Stadiums of PL and a big increase in scanned players. The presentation of the PL matches does look and sound good with custom chants depending on the home pitch.

Moving on to gameplay it does feel different, first touches have been somewhat improved. Players in general have better ball control. They said we would be able to play with Messi, like Messi, dribbling with speed having the ball close to his feet like he does at Barcelona. And yes, we can do that, fantastic, BUT, and this is a big but (not butt...), every player in the game can pull this off, be it Messi or Jonny Evans.

Looking back at the new improved goalies again. The thought is noble and all that, the goalies needed improvement. Sadly though, the new mechanics are worse than ever. High, dipping longshots go in more often than not due to their positioning or they react first when the ball crosses the line. On the other hand the goalis saves all well placed driven shots across the goal. If you hammer it in by the first post however, it's a sure goal.
    So in my opinion, EAs biggest selling point is a swing and a miss. Hopefully they will be able to patch it soon, otherwise i'll be looking at PES 15 in November.

There are many bugs in Fifa 15, some new but mostly old ones that have not been resolved over the past few versions of Fifa. I'm gonna try to sum Fifa 15 up in pros and cons from here.

Pros
    - Match presentation, especially BPL matches
    - Crossing and heading seems to have been toned down, maybe a little to much though
    - Over the top thruballs also seem less accurate
    - Overall defending, auto tackling toned way down

Cons
    - Goalies are either poor (1st post and long lobs) or gods (driven shots across the box). Positioning is terrible
    - Referees are worse than ever. So many weird decisions.
    - Defencive AI, the defenders still open up the pitch for attackers to run through.
    - Pace seems to be back, if you hava a fast attacker it is fairly easy to sprint right thru on goal from kickoff
    - Physics, players collidng and falling over all over the place
    - Offline against AI is terrible. The AI very rarely shoots, trying to pass all the way over the line. Or going wide down the wings, only crossing when at the corner flag, never early crosses
    - AI defence, apply some pressure on a defender with the ball and he will most likely boot it high in the stands for a throw in for you
    - Player models, every player looks like they are on steroids. Silvas broad shoulders would make Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson jealous
    - Ridden with bugs EA have fixed close to nothing from Fifa 14. My favourite would be if you've made 3 subs and then you get an injury, the game does not let you finish the match before you've subbed him, doh...
    - No practice mode, just 1 vs 1 arena
    - No online lobbys
    - The game speed in online seasons is too fast.
    - Midfield play is still next to none, you can still get from your box to the oponents with 2-3 passes
    - Ping-Pong-Passing is back on assisted
    - Emotional Intelligence, players react to eachother triggering animations which takes said player out of the game for some time. Nothing to do with emotions, just scripts beeing triggered
    - Goalkeepers still cannot get a red card in onlne matches

Fifa 14 on PS4 wasn't the best, but I was giving EA the benefit of a doubt they were actually working on making Fifa 15 the real deal. I was wrong!
    In hindsight Fifa 14 doesn't look all that bad anymore. Fifa 15 is not a football simulation, it's an arcade football game. Someone compared it to the old classic Kick-Off, which in my opinion simulates football just as well, if not better than this years Fifa.
    Either EA fix it with patches or I will not be playing it much if at all. Hopefully PES 2015 will be good in November, beeing a football fan I need my fix of virtual football. Next year EA gets no pre order from me, they have to show me they've done their homework before they get my money...

If you have not yet bought Fifa 15, wait a while to see if EA patches it, if not save your money.
  73. Sep 27, 2014
    The visuals and the graphics in this game are amazing which is why I gave it a 5 out 10. the crowd sounds just like they do in real life , the pitch and the grass look absolutely real

BUT when it comes to GAMEPLAY it's almost the same each match. When I play against different people I expect different scenarios. Here are some of the things I don't like 1- FIRST of all, goals are

1- FIRST of all, goals are scored almost the same way every time.
    2- Nothing happens in midfield.It's either you attack or defense AND THIS IS NOT FOOTBALL
    3- Goalkeepers are super humans, they can save any shot unless it's a weak shot close to the goal they act like retards and the ball actually goes in, same as the first problem u should score the goal the same way everytime
    4- Players and goalkeepers suddenly switch from one motion to another recorded motion , like robots.
  74. Sep 28, 2014
    I know that there are many people who still like this game, but i got a kind of feeling that it is most small children and noobs generally, people who isn't capable to see it and figure it out. I have been played Fifa every year since 1995, but i most face that i has comed to and end (for now) I would still recommend this game for children, but it isn't an adult game anymore unfortunaly :-/ I think EA have destroyed FIFA for the "good" fifa players who have played the game very much, and they really have to step up the upcomming years to bring back the desire. But i guess they wont, cause the money is still rolling in. In my personal opinion, i dont think that the FIFA game have proceded any kind of gameplay progress since Fifa 12, and the graphics haven't eather, even on PS4. I really hope that 2k (who did a really good job in NBA 14) will take over Fifa or at least make a better football game.
  75. Sep 25, 2014
    FIFA 15 and all the stuff they still did not fix, coming from a diehard skiller FIFA player, playing about 2000 matches every season.

- Players still collide against each other like some kind of retards not able to dodge. - You can still bounce upon the ref, resulting in awkward situations. - Still strange fouls given, also penalties when nothing is happening and I’m not even near a

- You can still bounce upon the ref, resulting in awkward situations.
    - Still strange fouls given, also penalties when nothing is happening and I’m not even near a opponent.
    - Passes still going to players I’m not passing to.
    - First touches are still whack, even resulting in own goals.
    - David Luiz can still outrun Raheem Sterling, nuf said…
    - Players sometimes still act like statues when receiving a pass.
    - Can’t perform a trick on your controller before the ball is lying still, if you do, you will flick the ball.
    - This year more than ever, players seem to glide across the field, like they polished their skates really really well.

Disappointed… :/
  76. Oct 1, 2014
    This is not a good game. I have played 102 seasons in the co-op season in FIFA 14 and this game has many flaws. The game has poor AI, it drags, it's full of bugs and it is almost unplayable online.
    Goalkeepers act like retards.

A tip for EA is to start to focus on gameplay and stop focusing on the details.
  77. Sep 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cmon dudes lets talk the truth! You all whining about Call of Duty because Activision changed nothing. Why everybody hate Call of Duty now? Because they changed nothing. Lets see what EA changed uhm nothing overall, they used the same engine etc. maybe here and there EA polished something but is that enough to give a 9 or 10? Cmon kids what's wrong with you? The most important thing in videogames is the gameplay not the graphic or story etc. and here we have problems. FIFA used that horrible Momentum so you can not play the game as you think you can play it. Why nobody talk about that Momentum? I dont feel free in FIFA i have no crontoll over the gameplay in many situations. That ruins the fun so FIFA got that Momentum with that Momentum is not possible to crontoll anything you all know that so i ask you why you lie about the most important thing in videogames: the gameplay.

Without a good gameplay is doesnt make fun and that's why i give FIFA a 5 of 10, 5 for the license, for the ulimate team. Overall nobody needs every year a similar update for $70. Dont waste your money. For ppl who love ulimate sure you will love it in FIFA15 maybe its the only thing to buy FIFA15.
  78. Nov 12, 2014
    worst fifa yet. visuals are good but the gameplay is monstrous. you feel as if you have no control, feels more like an arcade game than a professional one.
  79. Oct 3, 2014
    Decided to give this game the time to properly review it. Ultimate teams is very addictive again and the game feels improved from Fifa 14 with the graphics a highlight but on most of the points that count it is a failure. I purchase Fifa mainly to play online and at first I got smashed by more experienced players which is understandable as I learnt the game mechanics. Once I began to get aDecided to give this game the time to properly review it. Ultimate teams is very addictive again and the game feels improved from Fifa 14 with the graphics a highlight but on most of the points that count it is a failure. I purchase Fifa mainly to play online and at first I got smashed by more experienced players which is understandable as I learnt the game mechanics. Once I began to get a feel for the game and got a few wins under my belt. As I got to playing against more skilled players I started to notice the flaws in the game as those games are generally tight.

The major downsides of the game are:

AI seems to have gone further backwards, a loose ball around the opposition box will be ignored by your players who in addition never make intelligent runs. Defenders will not attack loose balls either when the opponent is counter attacking, this usually results in a easy run in for opposition attackers as your defense decides to watch the game rather than be involved.

The gameplay is extremely slow with players looking very labored at times, the physics are shocking at time's with balls bouncing off players and some players just seem unable to control the ball without taking 4 touches.

The goalkeepers have been improved but at time's will make amazing saves and at other time's let in ridiculous near post shots that would be saved 99% of the time in real life soccer.

The Ref's have gone backwards as well, I have seen players be completely taken out with no foul, red cards being handed out for tackles around the box for no obvious reason and general fouls having very little consistency.

Overall I am very disappointed with the game and will be looking at PES 2015, if it has improved gameplay then I will be switching brands and trading Fifa unless a very expansive patch is released very soon. Fifa has not done enough in terms of fixing the simple mechanics of the game to make it enjoyable. As someone who is happy to buy a new soccer game every year mostly for the online play, it has become extremely frustrating and no longer enjoyable.

If I was rating this as a newly developed game rather than something that has been built upon for a few years now then I'd probably give it a 6 but as the game has gone backwards in every way that really counts I have decided on a 3 rating.
  80. Sep 27, 2014
    First up, Fifa 15 is a solid game and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a sports game they can jump right into and hasn't played the series recently. For those people, I give the game a solid 7 out of 10.

For the veterans out there... well even... for anyone that has played Fifa 14, I give it a solid 5 out of 10. **Do not pay full price for this game.** I regretted it not 30 minutes after playing it as I realized I had paid $60 for what should have been DLC. Sure there are a lot 14 players saying great things about it, but I can guarantee you that many of the reviews were written either before they played the game or before they put a day of play into it. I just can't imagine how any 14 player could accept 15 as a good buy. It is, without exaggerating, 14 but with **slight** graphical additions.

But EA added the Emotional Intelligence, the biggest marketed feature of 15!! ... EI does not affect game play whatsoever, and only amounts to cut scenes during breaks in play. It is cool to watch a few times. After you've played max 10 games, and I'm being really generous here, you will never watch them again. To put it another way, how often do you watch the intro's to the games? It was cool at the beginning, but in the end you just want to play the game and skip it. Same thing.

So if the biggest feature of 15 is something you will skip after the first few games, how about the next one? Next Gen Goalkeepers were marketed pretty heavily. What's the end result? Shockingly bad goalkeepers, as well as shockingly good goalkeepers. About 1/4 of the time, the goalkeepers are terrible. They dive the wrong way, make saves that actually increase the chance of a goal, let balls go right through them, or just bug out and don't do anything. 1/4 of the time, the goalkeepers are insane good. You smash a ball to the top corner and they superman across the next to get it. You smash a ball low on the ground and their arm glitches like lightning to make a save. Unrealistic reflexes and saves. The other half of the time, the goalkeepers are actually pretty good, making saves that you I admit were pretty damn nice to see. Overall? It seems like it's one step forward, but also one step back at the same time.

So what else is there if the two biggest features weren't actually that good? Well I can't say anything good about Manager Mode, because it is EXACTLY the same as in 14. No joke. FUT? nearly identical. Other game modes? The same.... so what's left? They now leave foot prints in the grass. Is that worth $60? How about a more lively stadium atmosphere? It's cool, but is that a game seller? Then perhaps the improved game play. It is improved marginally at best, and actually has transitioned into an even higher paced counter attacking game (with the **exact same scripting/handicapping** as seen in 14).

So in the end, I can't speak too positively about the new additions to 15. The big things that were supposed to sell it just weren't executed well.. or even really mattered. The things that should've improved either didn't improve at all, or saw marginal changes. I've been a long time Fifa player, and have had great memories with the series. Unfortunately, these memories are getting older with less and less new ones being made as the series goes on. I've found it hard to enjoy 15, and really just get more frustrated and angry the more I play it. EA obviously has priorities out of sync with their continuing customer base, and this is something I won't support anymore.
  81. Oct 6, 2014
    Fifa 15 ultimate team this year is **** just simply jog into ur opponents goal and score. You buy players for 200k abd they are useless. I spent 100 dollars on packs and i got **** thid game sucks money out of you
  82. Sep 30, 2014
    I have read many critic reviews on this game, I decided to buy a PS4 and this came free with it, although I wouldn't normally buy it until I'd tried both FIFA and PES demos.

From the stand point of FIFA modes and functions, it's the same as last years which is excellent. Seasons, Ultimate Team, Be A Pro etc, from the point of view of graphics and physics...yes it is an improvement, the issues start at the most important bit...the gameplay.

Anyone who is a fan of football will understand you can have tactical choices to play, you can play offensively, defensively, wide, compact, you can switch play when needed etc. FIFA gives you the functionality to try and make your own, but only one works - get a pacey team, stick on high pressure - just play like that because this way is the only way of having a chance to win (basically auto defend). It is to put short, highly imbalanced towards speed and to make matters worse they have also ramped up the gameplay speed online in both Seasons and Ultimate Team which aids only to frustrate even further.

I do not actually understand how this game gets the merits, it deserves a mediocre score at best because the gameplay on the pitch is so very linear and repetitive that I might as well be solving the same Sudoku puzzle over and over again, it would be about as bland and fun. As to make things clear here, it's football, it's always going to be repetitive from that point of view however I mean how it all feels and how you're supposed to play, you don't have freedom to actually be tactical.

My verdict of 5 is more than fair, if you're reading this review and haven't yet decided to buy it I'd recommend holding off to see how PES 2015 is or try the demo. It's long been the status quo that FIFA is better by most people but it at least gives the freedom to change tactics making it much more fun and rewarding, the graphics are better, as are the physics. If it wasn't for EAs monopoly on the FIFA license rights then Konami would have put FIFA 15 to bed this year, no doubt.
  83. Sep 29, 2014
    NEGATIVES. If you want an arcade style game of football and don't care about realism get this. For everybody else that wants as close to the real game as possible it's a big letdown. A key area of plenty of concern is defending, as in they are stupidly unresponsive and dumb. Centre backs often swap over, this happens now and then in real life, but not this often, no sense of a unit inNEGATIVES. If you want an arcade style game of football and don't care about realism get this. For everybody else that wants as close to the real game as possible it's a big letdown. A key area of plenty of concern is defending, as in they are stupidly unresponsive and dumb. Centre backs often swap over, this happens now and then in real life, but not this often, no sense of a unit in tandem at all.They get dragged all over the place, defend too high,have the turning circle of Rio Ferdinand these days. Sometimes this all happens on purpose because of the scripting, ( where the computer basically cheats to either help create you a goal or cause one against you) Even Manchester United are defending better than this. As for the attacking play, where do i start, virtually every player in the game has been blessed with super speed, there doesn't really need to be a pass button. i played online (same offline) and i basically just took the piss out of my opponent by running right through the whole team. I had Darren Fletcher on the ball, i just started running, WITH DARREN FLETCHER!, Offline its the same, yes you do have sliders to adjust speed offline but i turned it right down to zero and it is still the same. Even turning the game to SLOW does nothing to change it. Playing against the CPU is where it becomes the most shocking, PES this year has pissed all over fifa in this aspect. In PES the CPU will try to pass the ball, and players have realistic speed. You know like real football. Fifa bypasses it totally this year, it just runs, strikers run into nowhere then suddenly turn and blast into such speed there is no point in defending. Defenders cant turn, and wont have a chance of catching ANYBODY. Doesn't matter who it is, if they are quick players or not. A patch could sort out so much, but don't hold your breath with EA.

POSITIVES. Presentation this year has taken a step up, pitches look almost as good as the real thing. Still no realtime day into night transition but lighting has been altered at least. ALL 20 premier league stadium's are present and (largely) correct. Along with official premier league in game branding for team sheets, referees,and so on. If you are a fan of other leagues you will hope for this treatment in future version. Over 200 new player likenesses, however some don't look as good as they could be. And the promise of promoted teams faces added has yet to happen. SOME modes that were removed last year have returned, custom tournaments, tournaments for single player. Team tactics have an interesting difference this year, again how much of an impact it actually makes is the problem. Options such as the striker to drift out wide, play as a target man, the winger to cut inside, come short for the ball, or just stay up the pitch are welcome, defensively setting the full backs to always overlap, central midfielder to cut passing lanes and stay back or go forward. Hints of the kind of game that could be if everything was knitted together. But again this year it's backwards, and more than just a step.There is the basis of a great game there, but strange development decisions are undermining it.
  84. Mar 13, 2015
    I have just given Fifa 15 another go. I just cant wrap my head around the fact EA had a great game, and broke it! How? the graphics are quite bad. The gameplay is horrible. The menu is ok. When I lose a game, I dont really care, and the same when I win! It is so fantastically unrewarding. Why play this game? I love fotball, but this is just awkward at best.
  85. Sep 28, 2014
    Fifa15 is disappointing to a football fan, but is what I expect from an annual cash cow as a gaming fan. Gameplay is from one end to the other within seconds, resembling table football rather than real football with little to no build up play. Physics and AI are tweaked but not necessarily "improved". Ultimate Team is a grind for coins to milk money from fifa point transactions. ManagerFifa15 is disappointing to a football fan, but is what I expect from an annual cash cow as a gaming fan. Gameplay is from one end to the other within seconds, resembling table football rather than real football with little to no build up play. Physics and AI are tweaked but not necessarily "improved". Ultimate Team is a grind for coins to milk money from fifa point transactions. Manager mode is practically the same and is ignored year after year. All slight improvements I see are for presentation only i.e. menus, crowds, stadiums and game graphics. Expand
  86. Sep 30, 2014
    The pace is chaotic (i.e. extremely fast, purely reflexive), rendering intelligent play as impossible, and momentum is impossible to build as the ball switch ownership from how rapid the football is. It reminds me of the irrational football at local clubs in Brazil, not the methodical style of esteemed European who believe in skill opposed to volleyball. As someone who's not exactly a FIFAThe pace is chaotic (i.e. extremely fast, purely reflexive), rendering intelligent play as impossible, and momentum is impossible to build as the ball switch ownership from how rapid the football is. It reminds me of the irrational football at local clubs in Brazil, not the methodical style of esteemed European who believe in skill opposed to volleyball. As someone who's not exactly a FIFA fan, buying each title annually, my objective opinion is: I am disappointed.

The demo of FIFA 14 played well when I tried that - maybe I should have saved x4 of my money to have purchased that? I'm not sure how a new entry could be recessive as 15 feels - disorderly, dumb and hollow.
  87. Oct 13, 2014
    They even lock account (ultimate team) because of lots of trading/activity/playing. You can't just lock people out! People can't play because of locking accounts. Sort it out EA!
    While we're at it.. They don't listen to their customers. The game gets worser by the year!
  88. Oct 18, 2014
    Gotta laugh at how many fake accounts EA have set up on here, even going so far as to write one in Spanish to make it seem 'authentic'. One user shot authenticity in the foot by saying how much he enjoyed what they've done with career mode this year. Really? They've done zilch buddy, except a reskin...stop lying for EA.

In short there is no way this game should get more than 5/10,

In short there is no way this game should get more than 5/10, because a footy sim it isn't! The scripts determine who is going to win, which is basically the underdog, so expect to whip Barcelona 3-0 every frigging time but struggle against Yeovil town because in EAs infinite wisdom, it's good to manufacture a challenge by boosting poor teams stats while dumbing down your teams AI, so you can't defend. Defending is awful anyway, there's just no way to overcome the AIs psychic or zero reflex time ability to turn on a dime and dribble past you. I've tried contain, high pressure and second player contain but it counts for naught because the controls stop responding to your input when the scripting kicks in (ie when the algorithms want the CPU to score). And I really mean stop responding, not just delayed. Corners conceded around the 45 or 90 minute mark, well, don't expect your 7 foot power heading CB to do anything except move out of the way to allow the 5 foot striker to head into the corner. And the goalies? My goodness, they range from being superhuman to assisting bystanders, actually moving out of the way of the ball if the AI wants a goal!

In short this game is a mess, lots of mini scripts within a 90 minute game leave you either feeling robbed or the game gave it to you. No point building up an 80+ rated team in career mode because stats are irrelevant thanks to all the scripting going on. There's also no need for a midfield as the most effective way to score sadly is the hoof to a fast player method. So pack your defence with 6 players and buy 4 fast strikers, and as for the keeper, well it don't matter. Regardless of who you buy, there's no discernible difference in ability between a 50 rated melon and a 85 rated super star. The same types of shots will be goals or not irrespective of Keeper ability.
  89. Sep 27, 2014
    Same old same old...a few updates....lots of the same problems.....adjusting the game speed to make it look like they have done something with the game? Only problem is the game speed is now stupid and unrealistic ...PS4 version is soo buggy its unplayable, only way to play the game is by signing out of PSN.... Its very much a case of one step forward and 99 bugs backwards... If youSame old same old...a few updates....lots of the same problems.....adjusting the game speed to make it look like they have done something with the game? Only problem is the game speed is now stupid and unrealistic ...PS4 version is soo buggy its unplayable, only way to play the game is by signing out of PSN.... Its very much a case of one step forward and 99 bugs backwards... If you already have FIFA 14 keep it and skip this years poor buggy update, hopefully PES15 will turn the tables on EA's greedy early joke of a update at full price Expand
  90. Oct 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cadê a mudança climática que tanto se falou? cadê os times brasileiros? foi preguiça da ea não tentar acordo com os jogadores, veeeeergonha. Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2014
    Awful, simply awful. How can EA get away with publishing half finished games? And scripting is back bigger bad badder than ever before plus the main exploit..."the hoof" is the most effective weapon. A footy game this isn't, more like a turgid mess of AFL and NFL combined.
  92. Sep 28, 2014
    Joke game, don't know what EA have done but defenders are just terrible in this game. Every half decent fast player in FIFA 15 controls like Cristiano Ronaldo in FIFA 14, it's a **** joke, meanwhile the defenders just stand around like plonkers.

Big gaps between defence and midfield, and there seems to be nothing you can do with your formation or tactics to fix that. During kick off you can run past the attacking and midfield in 2 strides, having the rest of the pitch to run at defenders, who just stand there like idiots and even manually tackling one player is not easy.

This is arcady attacking football at best, if that is all you care about then enjoy, but expect to not defend properly.
  93. Sep 25, 2014
    Graphics are a slight upgrade but the big problem if its still very scripted i dont feel like im actually playing half the time, not worth the upgrade EA dont even try anymore EA manipulate gameplay to tempt people into spending money on misotransactions, pretty pathetic the way gaming is going
  94. Oct 5, 2014
    Most of these reviews are a load of delirious nonsense. In fact, the way most people have chosen to review this game is by comparing it to it's predecessor - this would be like comparing one pile of crap to another, and commending the shiniest of the two.
    This game (with it's ABSURD price tag beside) is a perfect example of how obsessed the general public are when buying these so called "games". The game play is just plain bad; you can hide behind your love for soccer all you want and this does not take away from the fact the actual game is just bad.
    For anyone willing to shred out 70 bucks, please, for the love of god consider buying a couple of Steam games that will long fulfill your desire for a good game. Don't feed the machine!
  95. Sep 23, 2014
    First of all, let me say people giving 10 out of 10 are surely on some kind of drug or something.

The game is OK, but very similar to 2014 version. The best new features I see are: grass wears out, ball physics, crowd is more detailed. Faces are not so good (for example Suarez) So again, the game is OK, it has some improvements on the looks vs 2014, but its just that. 7 points

The game is OK, but very similar to 2014 version.

So again, the game is OK, it has some improvements on the looks vs 2014, but its just that. 7 points fair enough.

PD: I hate the man with the cameras... very awkward and also the cameras look awful and old.
  96. Oct 1, 2014
    Whilst I can appreciate the improvements in graphics, ball physics and emotions of them game it seems gameplay has taken a huge step backwards.

Back comes the old "turn at 90 degrees sprinting" trick as well as serious handicaps against you during certain matches amongst other things. Overall it certainly looks the part but its gameplay is frankly poor at times and just frustrating

Overall it certainly looks the part but its gameplay is frankly poor at times and just frustrating for the rest.
  97. Dec 31, 2014
    Fifa 15 has somehow managed to become even worse than fifa 14. It's soo buggy and it lags like hell + the graphics looks awful. it's soo damn flawed that it'd be stupid if i wasted more of my time writing this review
  98. Oct 27, 2014
    Same old rubbish, just a slight graphical upgrade, never worth 50 odd quid in a million years, it's the most lifeless and boring Fifa to date, I really hope PES turn up this year to give this lazy lot some competition
  99. Oct 1, 2014
    I'm very surprised that people are giving this game a score above 5. I've played the fifa 15 demo and the Pes 2014 demo. Fifa just looks and plays awful in comparison. The only thing Fifa has is History and the licensing.
  100. Nov 21, 2014
    I don't know about new gen, but NEVER NEVER EVER BUY THIS GAME FOR PS3 OR XBOX360 i mean it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dec 13, 2014
    I could not shake the feeling that gameplay changes were introduced only to justify publishing a new FIFA. I launched brilliant FIFA 14 for comparison and could not believe how much the designers lost their way. Why try too hard to reinvent something almost perfect instead of just polishing it? [Dec 2014, p.58]
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    Is it overflowing with newness for anyone that’s already gorged the past year’s soccer bounty? Nope. But it’s still the very best soccer game in town.
  3. Some changes aren't for the better: strength and pace are kings this year. [Dec 2014, p.80]