Final Fantasy XV PlayStation 4

7.6

1. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and the story is VERY good at all. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis epic journey with his best friends is very real and deep. The battle system is so good and the game has the best dungeons in all FF series. I loved Princess Luna, she is so cute and strong.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    + Great atmosphere
    + Awesome characters
    + I dig the combat when set to Wait mode
    + Fishing :D
    + Roadtrip feeling
    - Long travel / Loading
    - Sometimes bugs when accepting quests or characters being stuck
  3. Nov 29, 2016
    awesome game all round. very polished and the combat has a flow that i didnt think it had watching the streams of the judgement disc. very easy to get the grove of but hard to master. the game is also quite funny in the small talk and banter.

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate

ignis is balthier 2.0 and i LOVE IT

p.s. please note that there are a number of trolls coordinating on online message sites for a deliberate attack against this game by rating it poorly and down voting positive reviews. please take this idiocy into consideration when making your decisions about this game.
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    And for the most part it delivers. The combat is the best combat system in any open world game, I personally liked the characters, and although they had a solid reason not to have female cast members, I personally am not a fan of the decision.
    This game is what we have been waiting for 10 years.
    The plot serves the purpose of a journey, it is about a young dude learning about the dirty things of the world, and finding the way to deal with it.
    What makes the game so engaging is the fun factor, I cant explain it but running around in the world and talking a look at all the things going on can easily make for hours of fun. You can spend four hours in the first segment of the game without even advancing the plot.
    An excellent game that pushes the boundaries of the Role Playing genre and a mush have for all action/RPG/adventure fans.
  5. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV ,10 years in the making? Well I highly doubt this is true as there are a lot of open world games out now that have A LARGER VARIETY OF THINGS TO DO & HAVE MORE DIVERSE PLACES TO EXPLORE. Outside of the FUN BOSS FIGHTS the game feels a LITTLE BLAND & LACKING though. That said the combat feels fluid & the story gets a pass & yes the game looks great with a LITTLE ALIASINGFinal Fantasy XV ,10 years in the making? Well I highly doubt this is true as there are a lot of open world games out now that have A LARGER VARIETY OF THINGS TO DO & HAVE MORE DIVERSE PLACES TO EXPLORE. Outside of the FUN BOSS FIGHTS the game feels a LITTLE BLAND & LACKING though. That said the combat feels fluid & the story gets a pass & yes the game looks great with a LITTLE ALIASING THOUGH & for a game that's supposedly 10 years in the making than if you ask me the VISUALS SHOULD BE OF UNCHARTERED 4 STANDARD & they fall a little short in this comparison. THE HIGHLIGHT HOWEVER ARE THE INCREDIBLE BOSS FIGHTS which are the FOCAL POINT OF THE GAME & the creatures look amazing ,authentic & play intelligently & the game gets a 10 in this department & it is highly advised to do the TUTORIAL before commencing upon your somewhat interesting yet challenging journey. Final Fantasy XV is a fun game which should provide many fun hours & longevity however CONSIDERING THE HYPE & LENGTH OF TIME IT HAS TAKEN TO MAKE, FALLS A LITTLE SHORT OF THE MARK FOR ME. Expand
  6. Nov 30, 2016
    After 10 long years, FFXV has finally released. Now the question is " Was it worth the wait?"

Yes, I believe it was. I am 20 hours into the game and I am enjoying the open world it gives me along with it's sidequests and I am still only beginning the story. The combat is nice and flows well most times. The ascension and elemancy are good at building up your characters and their spells.

The ascension and elemancy are good at building up your characters and their spells. The characters, while clever, do get annoying as they repeat their dialogue over and over.

But there are some bugs every now and again like pixels will get distorted when I do link attacks or imperial dropships will glitch and start moving like a student driver is at the wheel then it will go through the map I'm on.
  7. Dec 1, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I made a review the day the game officially came out, since I got the game 4 days earlier. At the time I was maybe halfway through the game. I just beat the game earlier today, so I thought I'd update my review to give a clearer description. This will contain some spoilers too as I have some thoughts about the game as well.

The biggest thing is Luna's death. What was really a shame, is that we didn't really feel much attachment to her it seems, compared to Aerith from FF7, yet her death felt so similar to Aerith's death. Luna got stabbed by the main villain, and there was even something involving water when she summoned Leviathan, and even with her falling into the water inside Noctis' dream.

The ending was a little strange too, and a bit confusing at first. It was something like a good ending, bad ending, but it felt like something for each person to imagine themselves how the game should end.

Now the other thing is, I don't understand the hate for the game from some users. I think some people just want to see the world burn, or they can't get the nostalgia out from their butt to move forward and truly see how great FFXV is.

People can praise other open world RPGs as game of the year and really enjoy it, while those games don't play as great as FFXV does. I can understand FFXV having very high expectations because it's the 15th in the main series (100th+ FF in the series overall after all the spin-offs, remakes, etc.), and 10 years in the making also has a lot of expectations (but the game has been redone, so people are forgetting that it hasn't been a full 10 years just towards the game we have now.

If you stand back and look at the game for what it is, instead of a FF game with 10 years in development, then you'll see it has a fresh new take on the JRPG genre. You have a massive open world to explore, and much like a FF MMO or a MMO in general, you can travel and go anywhere and do any quests in the order you want.

The character's feel bland to you? Well, we have the tough guy who is very loyal to the Prince and his friends, Gladio. He's a fun guy to have around to often tease Prompto as well. We have Prompto, he's the Michaelangelo of the team (same voice actor that does that TMNT's character voice too), and he's the comic relief to add in one liners and to make the road trip and adventure fun. We have Ignis, the smart guy and the brains of the whole team, while he makes sure to take care of the crew and their essential needs during the trip. Then we have Noctis, at times he can get emo, but that was always how a main FF character was in most of the main series. Generally he's a positive guy that has a goal in mind, and he's learning about the world and bonding with his team mates. Maybe people are sore there are no girls in the mix or the cast isn't all female instead? Well, there are some females in the game, and even some join your team for a while.

There's also an array of other interesting characters throughout the game. Along with fast combat, and a series of side quests and mini games. I feel this game deserves to be game of the year. I was looking at the other top rated games of this year, and I don't feel those games have anything on this game. But of course, this game probably won't get goty due to so many expectations and some going in to try and nitpick everything they can about it because of all the hype.

Despite all that, it's a beautiful and fun game. The story could've been better for a FF game, but sometimes it's good for them to be a little different and not always make a story with complexity and twists, but a more simpler story, so they can focus on other things.

Play the game for yourself if you haven't, and definitely form your own opinion of the game. It's well worth the purchase.
  8. Nov 30, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV has all the ingredients that makes for a great game. I was admittedly saddened when they announced the changes but I accepted this was their vision and embraced changed. I find the battle system a little simplistic but rewarding.

Graphics are top notch. Story is great but you can get a little confused would recommend watch the Anime series and Kingsglaive before starting.
  9. Nov 30, 2016
    Best Final Fantasy to come out since 9. Seriously very well done. The combat mechanics are pretty amazing and world feels very alive / open so far. Only downside is a wonky camera and you cant accept multiple hunts at a time. Four hours in and i'm still in the first act.
  10. Nov 30, 2016
    Hail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities andHail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities and "game's journalists" ruin this one for you (how many of them skipped the tutorial and don't even realize you can lock onto enemies with R3? Seriously...). Love this game, find myself smiling just listening to music on the car's stereo or looking over Prompto's photos at camp each night. Can't say enough about this game. Once I get home after school, I'll be sitting in front of the TV like it's 1997 all over again. Expand
  11. Nov 29, 2016
    XV is an absolute masterpiece . people will appreciate it a lot more in a couple of years, i can tell.
    the story it self is actually pretty good. but the storytelling wasn't good at all , it felt like it's missing a lot ... ( but the ending is my favorite in the franchise )
    the Journey feel was nailed perfectly . and the 4 crew members are really great together . the Battle system is
    the Battle system is honestly my favorite in any rpg game ever . Action based with some tactics. i love it!!
    the World design is mind blowing @@ you can't get enough of exploring all these areas with your chocobo ! and the cities are stunning .. especially Altissia
    oh and the Dungeons !! best dungeons design I've seen in a video game .
    and Music is a 10/10 of course .

+ Great Ending
    + Amazing Battle System
    + stunning World and Dungeons design
    + lot's of extra things to do post game
    + The journey feel was perfect
    + AMAZING Music
    + loved how the first part was open world and the second was a linear path

- Story was a bit of a mess

while there's some stuff that could've been better .. it still get a 10/10 from me =)
    my GOTY .. and GOTG so far .
  12. Nov 30, 2016
    This game is sooooo good. I cannot believe how simple, yet complex, everything is. Super easy to relate to, and scratches the JRPG itch like nothing has in quite a while (along with I Am Setsuna). Brilliant game!
  13. Nov 29, 2016
    Being the fifteenth main entry in a long running franchise is an impressive milestone however that does mean that it holds a lot of pressure. Does Final Fantasy XV
    live up to hype and do it's predecessors proud?
    Amazingly yes. I'm not saying that I had much doubt with all main entries hitting the mark with almost everyone that played them but with that being the new style of gameplay,
    live up to hype and do it's predecessors proud?
    gameplay, using Kingdom Hearts as an example, was a little worrying especially with some early demos making the game seem a little simplistic. I can now confirm that
    my worries have been vanquished as this game really did hit a cord with me. Taking the action approach was a brave choice as it might've not sat well with longtime
    Final Fantasy fans and with the usual linear open world being upgraded to a fully open world could have missed the mark as well but once again I was not disappointed.
    All changes to the usual formula were welcomed. The driving is a particular favorite new inclusion for me as I love snapshot moments and my god does this game have
    plenty of those.
    The graphics are stunning as no other game has made me feel the weight and size of the world since Shadow Of The Colossus.
    The linearity of the story was a little troublesome at times but it was a feat overcome due to the amazing battles across this epic world. Another issue was the
    story's length as with Final Fantasy games you're normally engaged for an average of 40 hours and with this game being half of the time I only wished it went on for
    a bit longer. With that being said the much more noticeable side quests were appreciated as they added an element of fun to each area of the game.
    The characters that inhabit this world are also some of the most interesting in the series yet with Noctus being a definite standout among the others (good job he's
    the protagonist then!).
    My final concern was with the Kingsglave film as a lot of lore and story elements were revealed through there and a few twists that were spoiled by the film. I feel
    as if they released the film after the game the response would've been better and the surprises the game had to offer weren't highlighted in the film.
    Wrapping this up I rate Final Fantasy XV an 8/10.
    The game is truly one of the best this year and a welcome return to the franchise!
  14. Nov 29, 2016
    Never been a Final Fantasy fan, but this game impressed me. Graphics are at par, some glitches here and there. The acting and voice are a bit stale and poor. A lot of options but too many to count.
  15. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is easily the best FF game since IX.

- Cast is so unique and defined. And you care about them.
    - Graphics are the one of the best on this gen.
    - The open world is a game changer on the serie and is soo good.
    - Combat is exquisite and varied.
    - Chocobos!
    - Music is godlike.
    - Quests are addictive.

If you love RPGs go for it!
  16. Nov 30, 2016
    One of the greatest things that Final Fantasy does is changes itself to fit with the times. The characters work beautifully and you get truly engulfed in the world. Some of the greatest scenes in the game are the simplest. Just driving before nightfall, watching the sun set over the mountains reminds you of all the little details that were so elegantly put into creating this game.
  17. Nov 30, 2016
    I'm not sure what game all the negative reviewers are playing, but I think they might want to invest in a new PS4 and TV, so they actually can make an accurate review, and not a troll review. Aside from that this game is simply amazing, and has exceeded any of the expectations I had for over the course of 10 years, when it was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The graphicsI'm not sure what game all the negative reviewers are playing, but I think they might want to invest in a new PS4 and TV, so they actually can make an accurate review, and not a troll review. Aside from that this game is simply amazing, and has exceeded any of the expectations I had for over the course of 10 years, when it was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The graphics are fantastic, and look very real even on my base PS4. I do have HDR enabled as well, and I've had no issues with frame rates, or poor animations. The combat I feel is much more improved and streamlined than in previous Final Fantasy's that had similar battle systems. The open world is great to explore, and I'm always finding hidden treasures as I run around doing quests or monster hunts. Though a lot of complaints about the driving have been lodged and I get it I find it to not be as annoying as others may think. I still have control of the driving even in auto mode to sop, and pick up items. The story has been engaging the more I play it, and the actors really bring the characters to life in my opinion.

My advice is don't listen to the negative reviews from players as they're more than likely not use to Final Fantasy in general, are put off by its drastic change compared to other iterations, or just plain like to troll to lower the score. Try the game for yourself, or ask to see a Share Play, so you get an accurate idea of what to expect in order to best determine if you really can see yourself playing it or not.
  18. Nov 30, 2016
    Obviously anything under 7-8 are trolls. I've read things saying there isn't much to do and the world is empty, that couldn't be farther from the truth....there is so much to do all over the world with multiple sidquests. Another negative I keep seeing people bring up is how the cast is dry....that couldn't be farther from the truth, the broship is part of the strength of the game,Obviously anything under 7-8 are trolls. I've read things saying there isn't much to do and the world is empty, that couldn't be farther from the truth....there is so much to do all over the world with multiple sidquests. Another negative I keep seeing people bring up is how the cast is dry....that couldn't be farther from the truth, the broship is part of the strength of the game, definitely not it's weakness. I usually don't get uppity about other peoples opinions....but anyone giving this game a negative review shouldn't be allowed to review games as they have very terrible taste in video games. Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2016
    Fun game with great atmosphere and characters. It's at the same time not your classic Final Fantasy game, but still keeps a true Final Fantasy feel to it. It also has a large open world areas which can sometimes work against it though since long travel times can sometimes be a little dull. Overall a great game though well worth playing.
  20. Nov 29, 2016
    I made 12 hours in the game and it is for me 10/10. The story is good, the world is very open, I loved Cidney, and all Noctis friends. The car control is a little boring, but overwall the game has everything that we FF fans asked for. I liked FF13, but this game is MUCH BETTER than that. BUY IT NOW.
  21. Nov 29, 2016
    After reading the red reviews, then opening up the box and playing the game for myself, 95% those idiots obvious never played it. Graphics are good, characters are fine. Some missions are boring but most of them are a lot of fun. Tons to explore and epic fights. So yeah, don't believe those "bad" reviews from people who are hating on it just because.
  22. Nov 29, 2016
    First off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats justFirst off don't believe the idiots who say the graphics suck for this game, first off no they don't in fact they are some of the best ive seen. I have put about 4 hours into the game so far which isn't much but bare with me. Ill start off talking about the combat, it's similar to that of kingdom hearts more so than a final fantasy game but I prefer it over random encounters but thats just me, you can hold up to 4 different weapon types and switch while in combat which I find nice and it adds variety. The open world is vast and filled with quests to do like hunting, you can also fish and scavenge for treasure. Characters are all likeable (except Prompto's voice is a lil annoying in english but not terrible). Driving the car is a little boring tho, but at least your able to drive it at all so its somethin. So far story seems interesting and I don't plan on spoiling it but I think its pretty solid so far from what ive seen. I myself give the game a 9.5/10 since ive been having so much fun with it and to me it was worth the wait. Expand
  23. Nov 29, 2016
    Awesome game IN EVERY ASPECT.. i LOVE EVERYTHING so far. I MUST say i wasn't happy with just four main party members but i now understand why it was done for this game. 10/10 :)
  24. Nov 29, 2016
    All right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, butAll right, this is the first Final Fantasy that I own, and that I play a lot. I already have 10 hours in the game and I know i've barely touched all it has got for me. So far, i'm loving every single minute of this adventure. I liked all 4 characters, the bond they have is amazing and it really feels real. The story, so far, is really great. The combat system is very good, not perfect, but good.
    - It may not deserve a 10/10, but surely not a 6/10, and for the love of god, not a 0/10. This guys are really stupid if they gave it less than 6/10. I highly recommend it and I think it will be running for game of the year (and will win).
  25. Nov 29, 2016
    + Characters
    + Great combat system
    + Very good story
    + Roadtrip
    + Dungeons very various and enjoying

- Sometimes the way they tell the story is a bit confusing
    - The need to watch Kingslave to fully understand the politic issues
    - Loading time

+ and - Graphics gorgeous but not all the time
  26. Nov 30, 2016
    + Best characters of the entire Final Fantasy franchise.
    + Best world, with best monsters and optional quest.
    + Nice, fast and tactic combat system.
    + Emotive and epic story.
    + Biggest and stronger summons ever.
    + 50000000+ hours.
  27. Nov 29, 2016
    THANKS TABATA FOR ALL.

Final Fantasy XV is awesome. for sure.

Don't listen the haters, just play it and assume the changes that the game has, and accept it as it is.
  28. Nov 29, 2016
    Here is an honest review of the game after popping in 40+ hours.
    I have also included some tips and suggestions to give you a little more understanding
    STORY: If you haven't watched kingsglave or brotherhood then the story might make little sense to you. A lot of the problem with the story is that its so heavily linked to other parts of the XV franchise. It is actually a good story
    Here is an honest review of the game after popping in 40+ hours.

STORY:

If you haven't watched kingsglave or brotherhood then the story might make little sense to you. A lot of the problem with the story is that its so heavily linked to other parts of the XV franchise. It is actually a good story not a great story but one that was most memorable and enjoyable. My suggestion to you before playing the game is to go watch Kingsglaive and brotherhood to give yourself a bit of backbone to piece things together in the game. Besides the ramble the characters at first glance may not seem to be what you would class as awesome characters just by looks but when you get into the game you feel like your one of the buddies and somethings can hit you right in the chest.

GAMEPLAY:

Gameplay, for the most part is extremely different from the traditional ATB or TBS style gameplay combat system reminds me a little of DMC with its own twist. be wary though as there are still bugs within the combat gameplay sometimes when you hold for parry it might not actually parry and just dodge you instead which can be annoying for later bosses that require you to parry to advance. Sometimes your warp strikes will also send you across the map but I guess the bugs give it a little character? There is also the issue of frame rate sometimes in battle it can drop down to about 10 frames if its chaotic.

EXPLORATION:

if you are a fan of open world this game maybe for you. Mind you I did find that some of the areas became bland and boring the more I moved around and had to go back to that same area for side quests. It feels like a general MMO with a vast world you can get into.

DESIGN/GRAPHICS:

Fantasy based on reality was the term used to market this game. Graphics can look a tad outdated, harsh edges and problems with physics trick the mind to going into uncanny valley. Hair in this game looks pretty low poly and sharp. It would have been nice to see some better texture on the environment as well. Overall design is okay but graphics could have been updated and optimised.

OVERALL:

Final Fantasy XV is a good game. It is hard to tell you whether or not you should pick up the game. Honestly its really your own choice. It plays pretty well to story and exploration for the most part. If you like fast paced action then you should enjoy this game.

PROS:
    - pretty good story
    - memorable characters
    - alright soundtrack
    - combat system is somewhat unique
    - The regalia is customisable
    CONS:
    - buggy framerate in battles
    - outdated textures
    - bug haven
    - story hard to follow if not done prerequisites

TIPS BEFORE YOU PLAY
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV 101 from the official youtube page
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV Kingsglave
    - Watch Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood
    - Play the tutorial before starting your new game

OVERALL SCORE: 8
  29. Nov 30, 2016
    I'm new to Final Fantasy, but I was exited for Final Fantasy 15 and actually pre-ordered it months ago. I'm glad to say I haven't been disappointed!

The game itself is a massive improvement upon the demos and all that clunkiness is completely gone, the game controls and runs real smooth-although loading times can be a bit long, there not to bad. Combat is actually pretty good, its

Combat is actually pretty good, its fun and fast paced, but at the same time it can be a little bit difficult to tell whats going on due to the camera not really being able to keep up. However if you opt to choose wait mode, which is a slower approach to combat were you can plan out your attacks (which is something the long time fans may prefer if they would rather turn-based combat) the problems with the camera will probably cease.

The characters who everyone was probably a bit worried about are actually pretty likeable and I find myself really getting attached to them, there is a real sense of camaraderie with Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto as you endeavour on this epic road trip.

A feature I thought might be a bit pointless was that Prompto actually takes photos of each day in game, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it's actually a pretty nice touch-he takes some pretty cool photos which range from action shots of you fighting and group photos- all of which are memories you'll be looking back upon fondly.

The soundtrack is also fantastic, it's really the icing on the cake on whats a really good game.

There are some parts were pacing problems here and there, driving (whilst by no means is bad) may be a bit disappointing because it tends to be automatic a fair bit (you will get your chance to drive though) and along with the occasional bug, Final Fantasy is not a perfect game-but there really isn't such a thing and all that matters in the end is if you enjoyed the game or not and to say I enjoy Final Fantasy 15 is an understatement.
  30. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are aFinal Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are a long time Final Fantasy veteran or an RPG fan that has yet to try a Final Fantasy title. Expand
  31. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is amazing! Thank you square enix! This game has totally lived up to the final fantasy franchise! They really out did themselves with this title! This game is a MUST buy, definitely game of the year for me!
  32. Nov 29, 2016
    Take a look at all reviews from media outlet. Almost all of them said that the main cast (Noctis and his friends) are soooooo good and well writen. They are part of the story, in fact their relashionship is the mais plot of FFXV since the beggining and Square Enix did this so well.
  33. Nov 29, 2016
    Best RPG of the current generation. Sure, it was stuck in development hell for 10 years and that automatically gets people to feel "iffy" about picking it up, but now that it's out I can safely say it lives up to the standards of a great game. The content is PG/PG-13 which makes it a game that kids and young teens can also enjoy (So happy that square didn't use sexual content to try toBest RPG of the current generation. Sure, it was stuck in development hell for 10 years and that automatically gets people to feel "iffy" about picking it up, but now that it's out I can safely say it lives up to the standards of a great game. The content is PG/PG-13 which makes it a game that kids and young teens can also enjoy (So happy that square didn't use sexual content to try to sell an RPG .. cough cough looking at you GTA 5 , Witcher 3 and Mass Effect). Expand
  34. Nov 29, 2016
    Final fantasy xv is a great game with an impressive artistic section and wonderful graphics effects. A great open world full of things to do. The second half is linear and offers the strength that final fantasy xv needed. Is a huge game with very intense moments. Good characters and grand final. The endgame is very broad and fun. I recommend it.
  35. Nov 29, 2016
    To write this out fairly quick I'm just going to go ahead and say that the game does have a lot of problems that could have been handled better, but honestly the positives outweigh the negatives. A big key feature in FFXV is the exploration, and i must say it has been crafted very well, the dungeons you can find are among the best in the series and are a blast to go through. The friendshipTo write this out fairly quick I'm just going to go ahead and say that the game does have a lot of problems that could have been handled better, but honestly the positives outweigh the negatives. A big key feature in FFXV is the exploration, and i must say it has been crafted very well, the dungeons you can find are among the best in the series and are a blast to go through. The friendship between Noctis, Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis is amazing as well and really brings a "live" feeling as you travel through the world. On to the combat and it just feels extremely fluid, the link strikes, warping, aerial combat, etc just leave you with a badass feeling. And if you're worried the game will just be button mashing, don't, just go find a gameplay video from a person good at the game and compare it to someone bad at that game and you will see just how amazing the combat actually is. As for the graphics of the game they aren't super spectacular but the visuals are still very pretty and will most likely leave you taking in the view occasionally. The story is mixed from person to person so i'm going to just say experience it yourself, you may like it or you may not, but you will still probably enjoy a lot of what the game has to offer. (I forgot to mention the game does eventually become more linear) Expand
  36. Nov 29, 2016
    O jogo possui batalhas muitos bem feitas , o mundo aberto é sensacional , as armas e summons são incríveis ... Acho que a única coisa que faltou foi uma história mais envolvente.
  37. Nov 29, 2016
    Original and ambitious game. Excellent method of storytelling through real-time interaction between the characters, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic movesets, and the interaction with theOriginal and ambitious game. Excellent method of storytelling through real-time interaction between the characters, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic movesets, and the interaction with the environment around you. The game is also rich with side content and activities. The experience as a whole is emotional and immersive. Expand
  38. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is a fantastic game, ignore the trolls who rate this game a 0. Some people are unfulfilled with their lives and somehow get satisfaction by trying to ruin other peoples fun/work.

FFXV is a hard one to judge, as a fan of the series since the first game, it's a dramatic departure from the structure I know and love. The thing I really like here is, the developers are aware of this fact. Unlike FF13, I feel the developers have tried so hard to keep the fans on board with the direction change, and I feel it paid off.

Yes, the story isn't the best, but what FF was? The characters are great, the gameplay is great, and most of all, it's a lot of fun. I really recommend this game!
  39. Nov 30, 2016
    Excellent game! Square Enix delivers a unique experience that is unparalleled by most. Between the breathtaking visuals, interesting story and characters, and one-of-a-kind gameplay, this is the most fun I've had with a JRPG in many years. The king is back!
  40. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is truly worth ten years of waiting. It's freaking awesome!!
    + Beautiful graphic, not too realistic or too fantasy, it's a mix between the two.
    + Amazing soundtrack, there is a radio for you to play old FF albums!!! + Insane combat system. + Traveling, camping, fishing,capturing memories,.. + Good but not great story. + FF hairs! - Some small bugs. - Lack of facial
    FINAL FANTASY XV is truly worth ten years of waiting. It's freaking awesome!!
    + Amazing soundtrack, there is a radio for you to play old FF albums!!!
    + Insane combat system.
    + Traveling, camping, fishing,capturing memories,..
    + Good but not great story.
    + FF hairs!
    - Some small bugs.
    - Lack of facial expressions.
    - Repeating dialogues/ cut scenes.
  41. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is the game that many people have waited for since 2006.
    It's the game that Final Fantasy XIII should have been. Throughout the entire of the PS3 life cycle there was a clear lack of AAA JRPG's and those that did grace the platform, did so only to disappoint.
    Final Fantasy XV is the game that many people have waited for since 2006.

Is Final Fantasy XV a perfect game? No. Is it the best Final Fantasy game? No. But it's without a doubt the best entry we've had since Final Fantasy X and it returns the franchise to its former glory.

For a start FFXV's soundtrack composed by Yoko Shimomura may be the best FF soundtrack of all time. (Yes you read that right), each track is more memorable than the last and in the heat of battle these arrangements will send shivers down your spine.

The battle system whilst not entirely perfect is the best battle system we've had in over a decade, over the last few instalments Square have tried to find something between the turn based ATB system & real time combat, but the truth is none of them really worked. By allowing FFXV to be dominated by real time combat you get a combat system that works for both newcomers and a hardcore fan base and not only that but the battles are actually really fun, aside from the severe lack of magic & summons.

The story can be hard to follow at times, but what did you expect? this is Final Fantasy!
    Thankfully the world of Eos is a beautifully realised one, where the people you meet and the places you visit feel just as real as the controller in your hand. The core of the story is relatively short for a Final Fantasy game but that's only because there is so much optional stuff to do in the world that adds to it.

At the end of the day the story of Final Fantasy isn't about a prince trying to reclaim his throne.
    It's about the journey you take to get there.. and what a story it is.
  42. Nov 29, 2016
    Fina Fantasy is the King of the RPGs again. FFXV is just a materpiece that everyone can enjoy. Dihard fans will really love the story presentation, speacily if they watch the Kingsglaive movie before it. I really liked the battle system too, it is best than FF13 and has a perfect face and sense of control and evolution.
  43. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy is an apotheosis of games! A game of this franchise always comes to save a generation amid such a bummer!
    Battle system is excellent and intuitive, action-oriented combat does not detract from the strategy and increases the difficulty of it, the characters are charismatic, the leveling system is very good too, as well as having some interesting sidequests and having other cool things , Things that make the game a bit more "human" like taking pictures, fishing,.
    In the midst of so many games with Westernized visuals, soulless games, boring games, with nothing exciting stories, Final Fantasy will always stand out.
  44. Nov 29, 2016
    how can someone say that this game deserves less than 7? Why the hate? They surely never saw this game, it´s a shame, but for every one that hates it, there will be 9 that loves it!
  45. Nov 29, 2016
    Gotta say I was worried about this one. The Duscae demo didn't impress me, and the trailers made it look too edgy, but upon playing this game I'm pleasantly surprised. There are so many little details, quips, and events in this game that show off an extreme care from the developer that I haven't seen since Witcher 3. Also I'm about 10 hours in, having a great time with the combat, and I'mGotta say I was worried about this one. The Duscae demo didn't impress me, and the trailers made it look too edgy, but upon playing this game I'm pleasantly surprised. There are so many little details, quips, and events in this game that show off an extreme care from the developer that I haven't seen since Witcher 3. Also I'm about 10 hours in, having a great time with the combat, and I'm still fighting monsters that give me a run for my money. There's a borderline Monster Hunter level of diversity here. The sidequests are a nice change of pace, the main cast is fun, and the open zone approach to level design makes the world feel big but not empty. It really seems like this was an earnest attempt from a new director to make people excited about Final Fantasy again, and for me it really worked. It's nice to have a game that makes me grin from ear to ear, and setting this next to this year's Skyrim re-release shows off just how far open world RPGs have come. Expand
  46. Nov 29, 2016
    The game has a ton to offer, is cool and stylish, and looks gorgeous.

+ Strong main cast, their bonds, banter, and teamwork are something to behold + The insane amount of detail that goes into the world and events + Incredible animations all around, especially in battle + Riding chocobos has NEVER been this good + Strong, stylish, and intuitive battle system (and wait mode makes it
    The game has a ton to offer, is cool and stylish, and looks gorgeous.

+ Strong main cast, their bonds, banter, and teamwork are something to behold
    + The insane amount of detail that goes into the world and events
    + Incredible animations all around, especially in battle
    + Riding chocobos has NEVER been this good
    + Strong, stylish, and intuitive battle system (and wait mode makes it easy for anyone!)
    + Gorgeous and lushly detailed environments, one of the best looking open world RPGs period
    + The dungeons are challenging and very rewarding
    + Magic sounds and feels powerful unlike some games
    + Epic sized boss battles and summons, great scale and scenes
    + A ton of content to explore! Seriously... so much.

- While the story is good it definitely could use a stronger delivery
    - Invisible barriers in the world sometimes startle you and can be misleading which is unfortunate
    - Road trip/car mechanics leave room for improvement
    - Camera could use some work in some battles and tight areas
    - Bugs, with any game this big there are bound to be bugs, but all mine have resolved quickly

This game is so big and grand in scale, with a lovely dude and his bros, an incredible combat system, very badass and detailed animations, a huge and beautiful world to explore with an insane amount of content to eat up. It's easily a 9/10 and contender for my GOTY. After reading all the negative reviews I have to point out that there is no way in hell this is a poorly made game. So much time, care, and effort went into the development and it shows within all it's charm and character. I've never played a JRPG that has received this much treatment and attention to detail, and I have over 200 physical RPGs from several systems sitting here on my shelves. Play the game and decide for yourself, but I'm telling you, this is straight up a well made game, like it or not.
  47. Nov 29, 2016
    I'm really enjoying this game, I think most people will struggle with the combat system at first, but after some time you get used to it and it's so fluid, I love it! Noctis and his friends are very likeable, specially if you have watched the anime first. (I strongly recommend watching it before playing, it's just 05 episodes and pretty cool).

Also little details in the game make the

Also little details in the game make the experience so much better. For example Prompto is always taking random pictures with his camera, at first I thought this was "meh..." but then I realised that as a MMORPG player I love taking screenshots. Saving the best photos and looking the album at the end of the game will be very cool IMO.

The OST is amazing like in every Final Fantasy, combined with great environment design makes a very immersive experience.

Square did a great job and I think everyone should try it before screaming that "It's not FF because it's not turn based".

The only thing that I'm missing is the 'hard' difficulty option, it should be available from the start for veteran players even if it was just HP/Damage increase from enemies. Overall 10/10 though, I'm 12 hours into the game and loving it!
  48. Nov 29, 2016
    Been waiting for so long for this game and I must say, it was worth the wait
    Game is great, gameplay wise, graphics, soundtrack, one of the best action rpg
    10/10 for me
  49. Nov 29, 2016
    You will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last fewYou will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last few debacles that is a GOOD thing :).

One other thing. Many people will feel like the world / characters seem bland / underdeveloped. In a questionable move, they decided to put most of the back story and development into a youtube series and the movie kingsglaive. If anything, watch the movie. I can't imagine having played this otherwise....so much left out.
  50. Nov 30, 2016
    the game is phenomenal !

loved the story , combat , music , world , dungeons .. and on top of all that .. a PERFECT ending =)
    it has a couple of flaws .. but not major one .
    game of the year for me
  51. Nov 29, 2016
    Don't worry about the Negative scores. People just find something that is not as good as another RPG and expect it in all games moving forward. The 0 scores should be an indication this mindset.
  52. Nov 29, 2016
    What an epic story we have while playing FFXV, the meaning of a game is what it brings us. When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
    Final fantasy is back guys!
  53. Nov 29, 2016
    About a dozen hours into Final Fantasy XV, after I’d slain countless monsters and traveled hundreds of miles and bonded with tight-knit group of friends, a strange feeling swelled in my chest. The four of us stood on the rocky beach of a picturesque lake surrounded by towering green trees. The sun began to set, bathing everything in a gorgeous yellow light. Prompto, the blonde, goofyAbout a dozen hours into Final Fantasy XV, after I’d slain countless monsters and traveled hundreds of miles and bonded with tight-knit group of friends, a strange feeling swelled in my chest. The four of us stood on the rocky beach of a picturesque lake surrounded by towering green trees. The sun began to set, bathing everything in a gorgeous yellow light. Prompto, the blonde, goofy member of our quartet, had just set the timer of his camera and skittered back to the scenic spot so we could all take a photo together. As the shutter made its loud “click!” it dawned on me: I’m really going to miss these guys when this is over. Expand
  54. Nov 29, 2016
    before I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a differentbefore I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a different combat system doesn't change that. turned based combat is not unique to the final fantasy series so it's not something that defines it. it still has those classic elements that this franchise is known for like chocobo's, airships, similar monsters, magic (although there could have been more spells) summons, etc. the story is good and characters are likable (more so than the characters from the 13 trilogy in my opinion). the combat has depth. it's not mindless button mashing, you actually have to think about your actions. and there's also a wait mode for those who aren't comfortable playing action games. great overall. Expand
  55. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is totally loveable, the characters, the music, the gameplay, the world it all has soul and makes you love everything about it. The world is huge and too distracting for its own good. I have never played a game that made me so eager to go and fight monsters like this one from how smooth, fluid and flashy the combat is. The animations are so fancy and the link strike that you canThis game is totally loveable, the characters, the music, the gameplay, the world it all has soul and makes you love everything about it. The world is huge and too distracting for its own good. I have never played a game that made me so eager to go and fight monsters like this one from how smooth, fluid and flashy the combat is. The animations are so fancy and the link strike that you can never get bored with, especially casting magic at close range where noctis does a back flip to get away. Simple a MASTERPIECE. Expand
  56. Nov 29, 2016
    The game of 2016.

For those who do not rush through the game this will be a masterpiece.

I would recommend this to Final Fantasy fans and also fans of open world Western RPGs
  57. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is overall a good game. It looks stunning and the story is well written. After a few hours you really get used to the Combat System that I first didn't like but meanwhile you get really cool fight sequences with this system.

For Players who like can also switch to the slower Wait Combat System. All in all a good game with maybe a few critic points but the goods are

For Players who like can also switch to the slower Wait Combat System.

All in all a good game with maybe a few critic points but the goods are really far above the bads.
  58. Nov 29, 2016
    Great combat, Amazing music, Great bonding of the main cast. This game is a dream come true. I can only hope that SE continues this trend moving forward.
  59. Nov 29, 2016
    Amazing game, really love it. Final fantasy is back for sure!
    Too bad some people are giving low score just for the sake of it, tha game definitely do not deserve it.
  60. Nov 29, 2016
  61. Nov 29, 2016
    best game 2016.

+ great world
    + great story
    + they actualy made fishing fun, who knew :O
    + 60 FPS on ps4 pro
    + epic attacks
    + kickass summons
    - trolls trying to downvote O.o this userscore O.o

just play the game, there is so much depth and story in this game. and so many hidden treasures
  62. Nov 29, 2016
    One Of The best games Of 2016 só Far. Amazing open world, amazing story, amazing characters, everything in final fantasy xv is amazing,wort the hype..
  63. Nov 29, 2016
    FFXV IS a fantastic game, first of all, let's just say this, I don't think there's been a RPG in a few years that has me so emotionally invested in the characters within the game. Every interaction with your gang feels extremely real and authentic, it really feels like you are on a roadtrip in summer with your bets friends, and summer will never end, I've never felt this way in a gameFFXV IS a fantastic game, first of all, let's just say this, I don't think there's been a RPG in a few years that has me so emotionally invested in the characters within the game. Every interaction with your gang feels extremely real and authentic, it really feels like you are on a roadtrip in summer with your bets friends, and summer will never end, I've never felt this way in a game before, never felt so close to a core cast of party members.

To add to all this, follows an excellent story, a coming of age one, which follows noctis on his adventure to reclaim his homeland.

The gameplay itself is fantastic with some of the best action game-gameplay ive seen in a game, this completely annihilates all RPG competition from other generic shooters like MGS5 or bland action games such as the witcher 3. Even during battle the bond you have with your party members never falters.

To add to all of this, finally, the developers themselves have put so much effort and work into this, talking to the fans over the period of two years, its truly a magnificent game.
  64. Nov 29, 2016
    this game's biggest flaw is the expectations it garnered. Nothing that that came prior to it can quite compare to it, and all nostalgia aside no Final fantasy managed to offer the experience at hand. CRITISIZING a some what confusing story means you either play final fantasy for the first time or you're being an over nit picking hypocrite.
  65. Nov 29, 2016
    An excellent game, epic soundtrack, epic open world, great fun combat, nostalgic, intriguing historia, great graphics, a Final Fantasy with Final Fantasy Blood.
  66. Nov 29, 2016
    Truly the AAA JRPG i've been waiting for years .

There are tons of things to do or explore , the gameplay is fun , varied and can be deep and the visuals and animations are really good .

A must play this gen for sure .
  67. Apr 15, 2017
    great combat. A lot of gameplay. Good graphics. very interesting enemies and characters. a vibrant world. This is a great game for anyone who likes an open world RPG experience.
  68. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is overall a great game. It looks stunning and the story is well written.When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
  69. Nov 29, 2016

+Awesome characters
    +Fun battle system
    =Game of the Year
  70. Nov 29, 2016
    Great Story, great characters, huge open world, a lot of content. If you are FF fan this game will be one of the best of the series history. Luna and Noctis are indeed a lovely couple.
  71. Nov 29, 2016
    20 hours in, so this isn't a complete review, but needed to get something up to balance the blatant hater reviews. Is the game perfect? No. Is it the next step in Final Fantasy's evolution? Oh yes. The combat is a joy once you understand the flow. The characters are great. Nostalgia just drips at every turn. When Prompto starts humming the traditional Final Fantasy battle victory song, you20 hours in, so this isn't a complete review, but needed to get something up to balance the blatant hater reviews. Is the game perfect? No. Is it the next step in Final Fantasy's evolution? Oh yes. The combat is a joy once you understand the flow. The characters are great. Nostalgia just drips at every turn. When Prompto starts humming the traditional Final Fantasy battle victory song, you know this game was crafted with love. The only gripe I have is a wonky camera that gets turned around when warping or in tight spaces. Ignore the haters and enjoy the game. Expand
  72. Nov 29, 2016
    Ignore this **** that took time to talk **** about the game for at least 150 characters, they just want to do something with they ****ty ass lives, and something stupid, they were just sitting there the whole day waiting to put that 0 just to damage the overall score an then keep loosing on CS. With that out of the way, lemme tell ya what is FFXV.
    The game it's a mix of a lot of things,
    The game it's a mix of a lot of things, but i'll go fast.
    PROS
    (+)Character development
    (+)Epic tale
    (+)Spectacular combats
    (+)Great bosses
    (+)Awesome setpieces both in and out of the story
    (+)Character interactions
    (+)ROCK SOLID FRAMERATE
    (+)(+)HUMAN charactets
    (+)(+)(+)ENDGAME DUNGEONS: Those things are huge and have a lot of variety for you to come back

THE CONS
    (-)The game cannot be seen by blind people
    (-)The game cannot be heard by deaf people
    (-)It's not Mass Effect
    (-)It's not the Witcher

In conclution, haters gonna hate, and you should totally play it. Right now. GO BUY IT DAMNIT.
  73. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is nice addition to the series and as a longterm fan, I like the switch from turn based to more realtime combat, the gameplay and score is wonderful, even though the story needed more work, none the less its still an enjoyable game that still feels like Final Fantasy and a Final Fantasy that new comers can engage in
  74. Nov 29, 2016
    Great game so far. It really brings the characters to life. I have been playing since FF1 and my favorites are 4,5, and 6. I always wondered what my characters would look life and now I know. What a beautiful game. Enjoy everyone!
  75. Nov 29, 2016
    If I'd give a game less points for not being perfect I could never rate any game a 10.

Final Fantasy XV is a nice little new installment of the series. It feels like a loveletter to the franchise an its fanbase. However, I will not lie, Final Fantasy XV comes with a lot of aspects that might be disliked by people. The most obvious one in my opinion is the narrative pacing and how much

However, I will not lie, Final Fantasy XV comes with a lot of aspects that might be disliked by people. The most obvious one in my opinion is the narrative pacing and how much story there actually is. The story feels a bit sparse. What you get is an emotional and believable cast involved in the story but other than other Final Fantasys, except the really really old ones this story feels very short, like there was so much potential for more and compared to other Final Fantasys it is just most of the time missing those little sub-plots that are not overly important for the great entirety of the main story but also not completely irrelevant and that ultimately lead to the climax, step by step. I could not help but feel a bit like there was a lot left out.
    That said, whoever is interested in Final Fantasy XV should definitely watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood just to absorb as much details about the world and story as there is to get. The world and what it is about are very believable, just as the bromance of the four and while some characters like Lunafrena/Lunafreya do not get all that much screentime you still get some impression about the feelings of hers and Noct. It certainly is not as much as SquallxRinoa or SnowxSerah but it is there. And with the plot thickening to the end and the absolute last scene before the „FIN“ I was fairly satisfied, especially thanks to the final scene.
    The plot itself is not really complicated, for that it is too short – in a way it could be compared a bit to Ashelia’s journey in Final Fantasy XII with the exception that while this game’s story is shorter it is more emotional. There are also no real twists except one or two but that is nothing that is really hard to understand, just something you might not have expected and a bit dark, nonetheless for some who play other dark stories like Drakengard/Nier or the lots of RPGs that exist out there this might not be all that shocking. Overall I really felt pity for some characters during the story in certain situations and In loved how real some scenes felt, very comparable to a movie. I just think of it as really unfortunate because it seems that a lot of back when it was „Final Fantasy XIII Versus“ was scrapped or rewritten; something we already could hear and read of but it feels like there was even more. Sadly this cannot really be checked because we do not know all that much from what was there once.
    The story’s narration and content is therefore an interesting new try and fine but with a lot of room to improve.
    Graphically this game is a fictional master-piece. Granted, the PlayStation 4 can do a lot more and you notice how this game is a super-upgraded PS3 game, a reborn XIII Versus. Back when XIII Versus was announced the super-realistic style of the „fantasy based on reality“ did not appeal to me. However I did not really mind that much during the game and it still felt surreal with its mix of a lot of classic Final Fantasy in it. Overall I really like the looks and while the game sometimes needs to load some textures and you might notice it, I did not mind. I do not mind a game’s necessity of loading and it was not as apparent as it could be.
    The music of Shimomura Yoko is one great fest of epicness. Shimomura-san is nothing but the Hans Zimmer of video game composers. Really everything feels epic with her music and it fits the game really well, also highlights the emotional, dramatic aspect. You can also listen to old Final Fantasy themes, more of them to be bought in shops, in the Regalia and via portable radio that you can buy in the Regalia shop so you should have alot of options of how to enjoy this journey and what else is there to say when you can actually listen to the Prelude, Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy I Overworld theme while exploring or listen to FFVIII’s „Find your Way“ while roaming a dungeon.
    „Stand by Me“ interpreted by Florence & The Machine was a very nice addition to the game and its theme of Friendship.
    The extras are very interesting. Being able to make a jet out of your Regalia later is a very original and awesome way to bring back the element of Airships for Final Fantasy, what else is there to say than „we have a franchise which has Airships in form of a ship that can swim, fly and be used as submarine, blims like the Falcon and Blackjack, spaceships like the Moonwhale and Ragnarok and a car that can become a jet“. Final Fantasy is wacky and that is one of the reasons why it is so lovable.
    Transportation by Regalia and Chocobos is very nice and definitely comes in handy for such a big world that Eos is.
    Sidequests are nothing new but some are nice like Yoda-esque Tonberrys.

Conclusion: Recommended but be aware it is not perfect.
  76. Nov 29, 2016
    + Great game world
    + Wonderful fighting
    + Great Gameplay, You can play for a long time
    - The story is a bit problematic

Good game, No matter what people say, I like
  77. Nov 29, 2016
    Finally FINAL FANTASY is back, XV was a great game as I expect, Amazing character and the most awesome gameplay that I've played in so many years, thanks square and mister Tabat for this crazy game, and this boost the hype for FFVII Remake! Final Fantasy is relevant again!
  78. Nov 29, 2016
    Pros- Amazing story, Combat, Graphics, and great cast!
    Cons- Camera can get a bit wonky at times, but its not enough where it will be hard to focus.

Conclusion: Overall, My favorite Final Fantasy, SE really hit it out of the ball park with this one!
  79. Nov 29, 2016
    Though I appreciated the CG work earlier, it was heavily surprised that what the hero carries over more than I thought.
    Although I played this story after appreciating it, playing can not stop because I care about the previous deployment.
  80. Nov 29, 2016
    + Best dungeons. Period.
    + Fluid battle mechanics
    + Impressive character development (Feels like you're going on a roadtrip with your friends) + Game doesn't feel too 'grindy' until late post-game + Memorable boss fights + Love the 4 boys' personal traits (cooking, fishing, photography.. etc) +/- Story is hard to follow if you don't watch kingsglaive and brotherhood +/- Sidequests
    + Best dungeons. Period.
    + Fluid battle mechanics
    + Game doesn't feel too 'grindy' until late post-game
    + Memorable boss fights
    + Love the 4 boys' personal traits (cooking, fishing, photography.. etc)
    +/- Story is hard to follow if you don't watch kingsglaive and brotherhood
    +/- Sidequests are tedious, but sometimes they give good stuffs.
    +/- obtaining stuffs from procurement sites are clunky (Noctis sometimes attacks instead of taking the stuffs)
    - the number of summons (hoping for a DLC for extra summons)

Overall, this game is remarkable. My only downside is the number of summons and how random they are to come out and help.
  81. Nov 29, 2016
    Everything you ever dreamed of as a kid in a Final Fantasy series is finally here. Firstly i started off with Final Fantasy VIII and that was my childhood and i had high expectations with this game with the amount of hype and gorgeous graphics leaked online, and it did not fail to deliver. You can run around forever exploring a beautiful and rich world filled with monsters, people andEverything you ever dreamed of as a kid in a Final Fantasy series is finally here. Firstly i started off with Final Fantasy VIII and that was my childhood and i had high expectations with this game with the amount of hype and gorgeous graphics leaked online, and it did not fail to deliver. You can run around forever exploring a beautiful and rich world filled with monsters, people and cars. Final Fantasy XV has really delivered in terms of stunning graphics and a beautiful fantasy world keeping the old elements in the game.

Story: Story wise what more can you expect from a Final Fantasy series with your good looking anime type heroes and you are destined to save the world from disaster so no problems here what so ever.

Combat: Maybe the only possible fault i can point out, at times during battles the camera angle is a bit awkward causing confusion but it is easily fixable and corrected if you tilt your analog stick. The functions in each type of weapon you can use is quite fun despite the easy combos because you can go at enemies differently using different tactics along with companions. The companion combos is a major plus for meas you progress in the game you see the brotherhood of the characters surrounding Noctis hence seeing your friend having the final blow or assisting you in battle is very satisfying.

Graphics: Nothing to say but just beautiful and what you would expect from a Final Fantasy game. Surely PC gamers will complain frame drops here and there, but god dammit enough with the PC vs Console. Each to their own.

Content: 100+ hours of game play especially if you enjoy exploring you will definitely not be bored at all, so many quests and difficult bosses to hunt.

I love playing this game so much i highly recommend anyone giving it a go!
  82. Nov 30, 2016
    This game has a lot of heart to it. It captures the little things perfectly, with beautiful landscapes and overall scale and deaph. Most people complain about the story being a bit confusing. I followed it perfectly after watching Kingsglaive and think people could benefit from giving the companion movie a watch. But the gameplay is really fun, and it is the ultimate road trip with the boys.
  83. Nov 29, 2016
    For a decade of waiting !It deserved to be!The graphic is so fantastic and plot is pretty good yet the linear plot is not a good impression for many people who leave comment on ff XV ,but i just like thus game for the music of FF OST and of course ,they are my best memory in my childhood.
  84. Nov 29, 2016
    Great game in every aspect except with a problematic story execution and don't listen to haters they are just sad that it isn't a turn based or that it lacks a female party member.
  85. Nov 30, 2016
    Pros:
    - Best looking game I've probably ever played.
    - The characters and story are overflowing with humanity. - Unbelievably smooth, innovative and exciting combat system. - The Ascension (leveling grid) system is well designed and offers plenty of incentive. - The open world is teeming with side-quests, loot and monsters of all different shapes and sizes. - A truly thoughtful style
    Pros:
    - Best looking game I've probably ever played.
    - The characters and story are overflowing with humanity.
    - Unbelievably smooth, innovative and exciting combat system.
    - A truly thoughtful style and art direction that uniquely blends fantasy with realism.
    - The ability to choose between all the old FF soundtracks during road trips.
    - Definitely has that 'addictive' factor.

Cons:
    - Good story but not enough of it.
    - You cannot save in certain areas (this one isn't that big of a deal because it makes it similar to old FF games, but in this day and age it feels like a handicap)
    - No spell hierarchy (that I'm aware of yet at least)
    - They have completely ditched the traditional Final Fantasy battle system.
    - The combat takes some getting used to and enemies are very strong until you do sufficient grinding.
    - Summons are...pretty different.
    - The main story missions tend to shove you into a linear corridor that can sometimes become frustrating or tedious. Most of the time they're extremely fun though.
    - Some of the music feels stock and gets on your nerves (Lestallum's first theme song)
    - Not enough clothing options.
    - Playable character costume design couldn't be more boring.
    - Lack of playable female characters

Despite its flaws, it still comes out on top. As someone who has been a longtime fan of the Final Fantasy series, I can honestly say this is a seriously good game that is definitely worth playing. Buy it. Love it. Do it.
  86. Nov 29, 2016
    A return to form for Final Fantasy after the XIII debacle. Is it perfect, no. But it's the best Final Fantasy since IX.
    Great characters, despite the lack of female party members, fluid and fun battle system, amazing graphics (people saying this looks like a PS3 game are either lying or need a trip to the optometrist), a fantastic OST, and tons of side content.
    The only downside, if you
    The only downside, if you can even call it that, is the story, which I don't think is even that bad.
    The funny banter that goes on with your party members is great though and fleshes the characters out. After a 15 year downward spiral since the release of X, Final Fantasy is finally back on track
  87. Nov 29, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Final Fantasy XV is really perfect game wonderful graphics

I will explain the wrong they are doing to the game reviewers

This is wrong to say that the game is being developed for ten years and we injustice game evaluates bad games abortive see them take High Rating cause erroneous logic, saying that the game have ten years under development and better disarm all of this mind and rule impartially and truth is the game worth 10
  88. Nov 29, 2016
    Excellent, excellent, excellent! From the soundtrack, to the breathtaking visuals, gameplay, and story. This is a modern JRPG to be proud of. The series is always imaginative, with this entry being no less. This is a quality product from Square Enix, congrats!
  89. Nov 30, 2016
    Most fun I've had since bloodborne this generation. I enjoyed the plot, characters, world and especially the addicting combat which I think is the highlight of this game.
  90. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is the new game on the franchise, maybe it will be good to newcomers but a bit different for nostalgics of the saga.The combat system is a bit poor ( but funny).The history could be better if the movie events were playable or at least we could see them in game ( maybe not all the movie, but the key parts ).
    That are the "shadows" of the game, the graphics, the
    That are the "shadows" of the game, the graphics, the atmosphere, the characters and the world are beatiful and we feel it alive, we can feel the evolution of the characters ( something really hard in the narrative).
    Finally maybe the game is not perfect, but no one is, But it feels like fresh air in the JRPG genre and in Final Fantasy.
  91. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy FXV is a return to form and will surelly make people who were disapointed whit XIII and aven XII happy.....I knew Square picked up the pace afther playing XIV and the expansion heavensward and I'm glad I was correct
  92. Nov 29, 2016
    Ten years of waiting, several delays, and so many changes once hindered Final Fantasy XV, but now the game has arrived. It has a difficult heritage to uphold, as it will be subjected to far more scrutiny than any non-Final Fantasy title. However, Final Fantasy XV seems to be the most carefully constructed title in the series to date, and it may be strong enough to withstand the pressure.Ten years of waiting, several delays, and so many changes once hindered Final Fantasy XV, but now the game has arrived. It has a difficult heritage to uphold, as it will be subjected to far more scrutiny than any non-Final Fantasy title. However, Final Fantasy XV seems to be the most carefully constructed title in the series to date, and it may be strong enough to withstand the pressure.

(This is how Final Fantasy XII was reviewed, history repeats itself)
  93. Nov 29, 2016
    + Great atmosphere
    + Awesome characters
    + Fishing and hunts
    + Secrets
    + Roadtrip feeling
    + Great combat
    - narratives
    - took too long to finish developing lol
  94. Nov 29, 2016
    This is the most expansive final fantasy game to date! I absolutely love this game. It has great combat, a enjoyable story so far and a huge open world.
  95. Nov 29, 2016
    One of the best games i ever saw. Great, fun, amazing graphics. Lots of things to do. Simply the best.
    Open world 8/10
    Quests 8/10
    Graphics 11/10
    Fun 10/10
    Music 9/10
  96. Nov 29, 2016
    Final fantasy xv is by far the best game in the long running series in years. FF13 was junk, but 15 is everything i hoped for and much more. The game isnt perfect but after being in development for 10 years the work has paid off. Ive been playing ff games since the Nes days and im happy with ff15 is truly a masterpiece.
  97. Nov 29, 2016
    Despite starting in a desert, this game's open world is beautiful. Lots to discover. The combat is actually way more fun that gameplay videos make it out to be. But it does lack variety in my opinion. Despite that, the combat hardly gets stale. The characters really grow on you as you explore the world. My only real problems is the limited magic and summons. The story is rough but notDespite starting in a desert, this game's open world is beautiful. Lots to discover. The combat is actually way more fun that gameplay videos make it out to be. But it does lack variety in my opinion. Despite that, the combat hardly gets stale. The characters really grow on you as you explore the world. My only real problems is the limited magic and summons. The story is rough but not bad.the characters needed way more development though. This game is fantastic. Expand
  98. Nov 29, 2016
    Best JRPG you can get in this whole generation.
    +Yet another great open world for an exciting trip and in-depth exploration.
    +At least a finished and polished game. A 10-year-project could easily turn into a project management disaster, but this one survived. +Good graphics, catch up standards of this gen. expecting more potential on a PC. +The best battle system you can get from any
    Best JRPG you can get in this whole generation.
    +Yet another great open world for an exciting trip and in-depth exploration.
    +The best battle system you can get from any RPG. Tier-1 ACT-game-quality battle.
    +Music.

-Bugs.
    -Side ops. SE should learn from CDPR for this.
    -Story telling could be improved.
    -Character. I really really need a female in the team. Simply need a female's voice in the battle to balance their "masculine chaos".
  99. Nov 29, 2016
    After 10 long tumultuous years the wait is finally over. Final Fantasy 15 is finally here and it most definitely did not disappoint!
    I can honestly say that I've never approached a game with more excitement, apprehension, and hype as I have with this one, but after playing it I can honestly say that it was well worth the wait. Final Fantasy 12 was the last entry that I truly enjoyed and unfortunately because of the tragedy that was and forever will be known as the Lightning trilogy, it's been 10 years since I've been able to sit down and be excited about a main entry Final Fantasy game. Sorry but I don't play MMOs. I'm sure they are great but they're just not for me. The original sprite based Final Fantasy games 1 through 6, and the PlayStation 1 classics will always be near and dear to my heart. They were my favorite games growing up and they will probably always be my favorite games of all time, but that said Final Fantasy 15 feels like the progression that should have come after Final Fantasy 12. It is the perfect blend of everything I enjoy about modern day Western open world RPGs mixed with very essence of what makes jrpgs and Final Fantasy in general great. It even mixes in a few elements from games outside of the RPG genre and is obviously influenced from games like Uncharted and Shadow of the colossus which is definitely a plus in my book.
    From the gameplay to the story and everything in between this game is a complete masterpiece and although there are areas where you can see some of the results of a game that's been in incubation for 10 years, the pros far outweigh any of that and I can honestly say with great confidence that my excitement in this great franchise that is Final Fantasy is fully restored!
  100. Nov 29, 2016
    Really great game and definitely worth the wait.

+ Well written characters. + Beautiful soundtrack. + Incredible combat system. + Fun mini games (fishing ♥) As mentioned by other users - take all negative reviews with a pinch of salt. There has been mass coordination between a number of communites online, to downvote and poorly rate this game. Take the advice of trusted websites
    Really great game and definitely worth the wait.

+ Well written characters.
    + Beautiful soundtrack.
    + Incredible combat system.
    + Fun mini games (fishing ♥)

As mentioned by other users - take all negative reviews with a pinch of salt. There has been mass coordination between a number of communites online, to downvote and poorly rate this game. Take the advice of trusted websites and friends before making a decision.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    After so many years of development, Final Fantasy XV is not what I expected it to be. The universe is immense and beautiful and the characters are just fine. But the story is short and disappointing and the gameplay suffers from lack of depth. FFXV is a good game, but it can never bring the former glories back to the series.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 14, 2017
    Even as you reflect on the rarity of a blockbuster that's willing to take real risks, you'll be left with the uncomfortable realisation that ten years wasn't quite long enough, after all. Those jagged edges are, in the end, just a little too sharp. [Feb 2017, p.110]
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    Despite a divided feel, torn between what it was and what it plans to be, Final Fantasy XV has a lot to offer. If you're a diehard JRPG fan, then it's a positive sign that the series can cross over to a new format. And if you're just looking for an open world adventure, Final Fantasy XV certainly has that in spades, while doing just enough things differently to separate it from the likes of Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.