7.6

1. Dec 10, 2016
    great game, cannot wait till the DLCs.

The villian was a bit too hateable but other than that everything is peachy, went with the black choker HP regen build and can spam 4x royal weapons set up for days on end.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and the story is VERY good at all. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis epic journey with his best friends is very real and deep. The battle system is so good and the game has the best dungeons in all FF series. I loved Princess Luna, she is so cute and strong.
  3. Dec 4, 2016
    I just finished the game. its not the best FF we ever got, but it is a game worthy of its name.
    Gameplay-wise, nearly perfect.
    The story by itself is extremly great, the story-telling not so much.
    I will rate it 10/10, because of all these salty 0/10 reviews from PC-Gamers and Haters.
    i would give it 87/100.
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    Final Fantasy FXV is a return to form and will surelly make people who were disapointed whit XIII and aven XII happy.....I knew Square picked up the pace afther playing XIV and the expansion heavensward and I'm glad I was correct
  5. Nov 30, 2016
    Hail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities andHail to the King, Final Fantasy is back. The core systems are so solid, the combat explosive and cinematic, the characters so lifelike (Naughty Dog levels of animation in my Final Fantasy game? woah), the writing entertaining... I can't get enough. 6 hours in after one night of playing, I can safely say that even grinding, GRINDING, is fun now. Don't let the youtube personalities and "game's journalists" ruin this one for you (how many of them skipped the tutorial and don't even realize you can lock onto enemies with R3? Seriously...). Love this game, find myself smiling just listening to music on the car's stereo or looking over Prompto's photos at camp each night. Can't say enough about this game. Once I get home after school, I'll be sitting in front of the TV like it's 1997 all over again. Expand
  6. Dec 4, 2016
    Just finished the game, and I have to say that I got exactly what I paid for. IMO, this is one of the best RPG's ever made, easy tie with FF7. My only real complaint with the game was the part where they attempted to add horror in the game, NO! The horror was really bad because they relied on the classic dark area with several jump scares. Very annoying.
  7. Nov 29, 2016
    Great game!!!Critics do not understand what it is about!!Ok it has some câmera problems, but they will correct that!!!! Enjoying a lot, it has everything a final fantasy game should have, its fan to play, all the hunting missions are good, and remind me a lot of Final Fantasy 12!!!
  8. Nov 29, 2016
    Finally another true final fantasy game.
    this game has soooooo much detail in every little aspect. Character animations are amazing.
    Finally another true final fantasy game.
    Characters and their storytelling is awesome and make the game really immersive with small dialogs constantly. World is a masterful art piece, feels huge. Combat looked bland at first but gets more fun and diverse once you get used to the mechanics. Fishing is really fun too lol.
    A must buy!
  9. Dec 6, 2016
    At the time of writing this, I have invested 68 hours into the game. My actual number is a 9.5/10

Going into the game I had consumed the media SE wanted me to consume; Kingsglaive and Brotherhood. These did add to the world and backstory of the characters. I was able to look past some perceived character flaws because of them. Brotherhood showed me who these men were and what to expect. I never went into the game thinking something coming out of Japan wouldn't have some of their weak character tropes. I do think watching these extra pieces helped immerse me in the story.

My main little gripes were about controlling vehicles like turning the chocobo while rotating the camera or the stiffness of driving the regalia in general. The camera on bigger foes was not my favorite, but I never found myself losing because of it. I still got the job done. My third little annoyance was the repetitive dialogue in certain parts... "Talk about backseat fishing" after most casts for hours. The story pacing does change after chapter 9, sure, but you have to realize the gravity of the situation. What had just happened in Altissia. I believe it was made to send your reality crashing down around you and create a dismal view on the world in the process. As a whole I enjoyed the story and the story arc. I liked the end. The jump in time took a small leap of faith, but who knows how those crystals work?

The pros list is almost everything else in the game to me. I just came off of beating Xenoblade Chronicles, and besides the story, this game did everything better. (XC had a really fresh story that made you reconsider where you stand morally).The combat in FFXV is sublime, the world feels as big as it is, but not too big, the main fights are not difficult enough to discourage you, but are wonderful spectacles. The list goes on. From the outset of watching Brotherhood, I knew they were forging something special with these relationships. They even broke out of their respective tropes by the end. You get to see the genesis and evolution of each of them. What they say or don't say in some cases lets you in on the real information of who they are.

When I finished the story, I immediately wanted more. I dove back in and am now 23+ hours into the after-game. I want to do everything I can. I want the best weapons. I want to explore everything. I want to do every side quest (they are better and more varied in this game than most). While I was playing through this game I felt like I was playing something enormously important. I still feel that way in the after game. I can't get enough. Nothing besides the cup noodle ad took me out of it like all of these complaints I'm seeing. I went in with high expectations and somehow the game delivered to ME and exceeded them. I really hope people try this for themselves and don't just take number reviews, because it IS worth your time.

Thank you for reading.
  10. Nov 29, 2016
    Worth the wait. You'd have to be quite the cynic to not appreciate everything this game has to offer. The open world elements blend seamlessly with the jRPG aspects of the game, creating an instant classic.
  11. Dec 19, 2016
    A flawed, but ultimately great, Final Fantasy.

A flawed, but ultimately great, Final Fantasy.

I was originally going to score this a bit lower, but this has been a game that I've played more than any other that has released in the last year. Does it have some issues? Sure. Is it fun? Definitely. You can't please everyone so if you're expecting a more traditional Final Fantasy title, this probably isn't for you. But this was definitely for me.
  12. Dec 7, 2016
    Just beat the game earlier today, and I loved it =) I'm glad I took the time off from work for this game I have waited 10 years for. I won't give any spoilers here, but the ending left me sad and depressed; but also gave me a bittersweet feeling after that end of credits scene. I'm still thinking about it really... My only real issue was the lack of a few much needed cut-scene's toJust beat the game earlier today, and I loved it =) I'm glad I took the time off from work for this game I have waited 10 years for. I won't give any spoilers here, but the ending left me sad and depressed; but also gave me a bittersweet feeling after that end of credits scene. I'm still thinking about it really... My only real issue was the lack of a few much needed cut-scene's to explain what happened after Chapter 8 with a few important characters that by Chapter 13 (which mind you is a long and quite annoying chapter), you can't help but want that extra story/scene development. As of this posting though, Tabata said they will be adding scenes for the future to flesh it out more which I am quite alright with after some other peoples thoughts mirrored my own.

Overall, I give this game a 9.5+ out of 10 regardless, and quite happy with the game that I will continue to play for a long time and in the future. (It doesn't beat, story-wise my favorite FF which was X; but the combat and characters are both very excellent)

Thank You Square Enix =) I hope to see XVI before the end of this console cycle, which is unlikely with the remake of 7, which I'm very excited for as well.
  13. Dec 20, 2016
    Very few games have me still enjoying the world, characters, and combat after 100+ hours. I was a bit skeptical going in, because I'm used to my FF games as turn based, but this gives me hope for the remake for FFVII. Does it have its flaws? Certainly, what game doesn't? But the world is beautiful and more importantly it feels alive.

The bro-roadtrip feels organic due to the

The bro-roadtrip feels organic due to the camaraderie of the four the make up the main party. The variety of activities and sheer amount of content is incredible. Over 100 hunts, tons of other side-quests which don't just give gil/exp, but also do things like upgrading your car, characters, and giving you shop discounts, the pinball-ish mini-game to earn bonus items/gear, and even over 100 types of fish to catch if that's your thing, which can be used in spell creation, cooking, or just making extra gil. But most of this is entirely optional, so you can enjoy the activities you like and ignore the others that don't matter to you. (personally I've embraced it all).

Art is subjective and everyone interprets it different. I did watch the Kingsglaive movie and the Brotherhood anime before playing, so perhaps that allowed me to embrace and immerse myself into the world more easily. This is an adventure that already has so much, but definitely feels like it could have had even more. This is certainly a Final Fantasy world I wouldn't mind re-visiting again in future games, I enjoyed it that much.
  14. Dec 4, 2016
    An excellent installment in the series. While I do recommend watching the Kingsglaive film and the Brotherhood series to get a bit more out of the story, the game itself is excellent. It feels very much like FF12 with a bit of the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system mixed in. The magic and warp strikes take some time getting used to, but the combat is very intuitive and quite fluid. This gameAn excellent installment in the series. While I do recommend watching the Kingsglaive film and the Brotherhood series to get a bit more out of the story, the game itself is excellent. It feels very much like FF12 with a bit of the Kingdom Hearts 2 battle system mixed in. The magic and warp strikes take some time getting used to, but the combat is very intuitive and quite fluid. This game was certainly worth the wait. Expand
  15. Nov 30, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are aFinal Fantasy XV has come a long way... and I can assure you I'm not simply jumping on the bandwagon when I say it was worth the wait. While it first glance it definitely doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game in the traditional sense, this game is breaking new grounds for the franchise and honestly I'm just happy that it is way better than XIII. This is a must buy if you are a long time Final Fantasy veteran or an RPG fan that has yet to try a Final Fantasy title. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2016
    before I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a differentbefore I start this review i want to point out that there are people out there who want this game to fail, because they are blinded by their nostalgia and their love of the old games. they will will give this game a 0. any reasonable person will give it a 6 at least. I have played final fantasy 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, and 14. and this game is VERY MUCH a final fantasy game. a different combat system doesn't change that. turned based combat is not unique to the final fantasy series so it's not something that defines it. it still has those classic elements that this franchise is known for like chocobo's, airships, similar monsters, magic (although there could have been more spells) summons, etc. the story is good and characters are likable (more so than the characters from the 13 trilogy in my opinion). the combat has depth. it's not mindless button mashing, you actually have to think about your actions. and there's also a wait mode for those who aren't comfortable playing action games. great overall. Expand
  17. Dec 6, 2016
    I am not a Final Fantasy fan and this is my second game in series. My first was Final Fantasy 12 and I found that game amazingly cute but battle system is really turned me off.
    So fifteen part was so hyped and I could not miss it. ( yeah hype got me and I am not proud of that)
    And I am so glad that I picked this game up! World is amazing and finally after some time we have good old japanese adventure. Game is so cozy and after you get used to weird interface design and some technical issues you are starting to get so much fun and you do not wanna leave this world. And you are enjoying each moment of this game. That game simply just have a soul. Battle system is not perfect but I like it. Final of the story is little ordinary and maybe little disappointing.
    I am giving that game 10/10 despite that it has some issues because this game is stand out among all these grey sequels. It just different and has cozy vibe. I miss games like that.
  18. Nov 29, 2016
    You will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last fewYou will either hate it or love it. There isn't much of a middle ground. The combat system reminds me of devil may cry with a bit more strategy involved. The open world has a GTA V feel. The story is great. The graphics are great. Without reading the negative comments I will assume that most people's complaint is that it doesn't FEEL like a final fantasy game. However, after their last few debacles that is a GOOD thing :).

One other thing. Many people will feel like the world / characters seem bland / underdeveloped. In a questionable move, they decided to put most of the back story and development into a youtube series and the movie kingsglaive. If anything, watch the movie. I can't imagine having played this otherwise....so much left out.
  19. Dec 13, 2016
    Final Fantasy XV is an all-out masterpiece, without a doubt worthy of being ranked among the best entries in the series such as FFVI.

This game excels in every department, with memorable characters, fun dodge-parry-punish based combat that retains that FF magic touch, AAA presentation, jaw-dropping visuals, a vast overworld, a robust soundtrack featuring many past FF favorite tunes, and, most importantly, a truly moving story that begins rather innocuously (and perhaps confusingly, to anyone who hasn't seen Kingsglaive and Brotherhood) but picks up speed like a junkie strapped to a roller coaster in the latter half with many surprising and gut-wrenching twists.

The world feels lived-in and believable and the range of the writing and evolving relationships between the main characters and NPCs only adds to the immersion. And the customizability of your vehicle, the Regalia, makes it a treat for car lovers.

Make no mistake, much of FFXV concerns 4 bros on a road trip through a gorgeous open-world, and certain hunts and side-quests feel like content for the sake of content, but the enemies, environments, weapons, and mini-games are all very well-designed. Like many open-world games, at times it's easy to get side-tracked. But a couple of glitches/camera issues/awkward dub moments aside, I can't fault the developers on a single major decision here.

The many refined aspects of FFXV all gel together to create an unforgettable experience that's much more than the sum of its parts. Even the fan-maligned Chapter 13 is a bold and welcome change of pace and tone, as well as a sly bit of meta-commentary.

The only issues I have are (A) the camera can sometimes get stuck behind large bushes or objects during combat. It doesn't happen that often but it can be annoying, (B) some of the side-quests and hunts are boring, and (C) the dub isn't perfect. Other than that, I really can't complain. When the story kicks in, the game hits like a sucker punch.

(Played 42 hours or so, did a bunch of side-quests, but I still have many hours to go if I'm to collect the remaining Royal Arms and tackle the post-game content.)

Easily 10/10. FFXV is the most fun I've had gaming all year and boasts one of the most moving final arcs in any JRPG.
  20. Nov 29, 2016
    Ignore the 0's. This game is beautiful. This game is stunning. It is gorgeous. The story is amazing (Watch Kingsglaive first!!). The characters are likable and humorous.

Some of these reviews are pathetic. "I've cleared the game in just less than 40 hours." Uh, no, you haven't. The game has been out for sixteen hours. And if you're five, six, seven, even eight hours ahead in Europe, that is maximum 24 hours. So no, you haven't cleared the game and most of the side quests. Get over yourselves. Nothing but haters putting 0s to put 0s. I gave it a 10 to combat that, but honestly I would give it a 9.

The combat in this game is spectacular. It makes tedious side quests fun. And believe me, there are some tedious quests. Think World of Warcraft 2004 when every quest was either fetch X number of items, or kill X number of enemies. My sole criticism.

How can you hate on Noctis and his group of friends? They're the most shelled-out, realistic group of dudes we've seen in a long time. You can relate to them, they make you laugh, they make you cry.

You have to refill the gas tank, you don't replenish health after battles, you need to actually use those items you save up for the entire game. It's awesome. And even after it all, you can come back to the open world to get what you missed and trust me, you'll not get stuff, because you need to complete the game to get some stuff, you need to be way higher level to get stuff, kill stuff.

The mini-games are hilarious and awesome. I love how SQE brought back betting on races and what not. Riding chocobos around. Man.

And the nostalgia. The car. The old FF tunes.

I've read that you get sucked into a linear portion when you need to advance the story past the open world. What's the problem with that? Story is what makes an RPG, and this one so far is a doozy. I am excited to see what we get when I get there

Buy this game. Play the heck out of it, you'll be sad when it's done, I'm sure.
  21. Nov 29, 2016

+Awesome characters
    +Fun battle system
    =Game of the Year
  22. Nov 29, 2016
    Amazing game, really love it. Final fantasy is back for sure!
    Too bad some people are giving low score just for the sake of it, tha game definitely do not deserve it.
  23. Nov 29, 2016
    Great combat, Amazing music, Great bonding of the main cast. This game is a dream come true. I can only hope that SE continues this trend moving forward.
  24. Nov 29, 2016
    FINAL FANTASY XV is overall a great game. It looks stunning and the story is well written.When i play FFXV, i've got same old feelings i had playing FF VII/IX/X and for this reason, it's already a game in my heart.
  25. Feb 17, 2017
    The breath-taking visual is what make the game enjoyable as you explore the fantastical landscapes of Final Fantasy 15. The story is implicit and not fully told as you take the perspective of Noctis and his friends through a journey. The game can be divided clearly into two parts. The first is like an open world game while the second is extremely linear with the plot. The battle system isThe breath-taking visual is what make the game enjoyable as you explore the fantastical landscapes of Final Fantasy 15. The story is implicit and not fully told as you take the perspective of Noctis and his friends through a journey. The game can be divided clearly into two parts. The first is like an open world game while the second is extremely linear with the plot. The battle system is fantastic and dynamic eventhough it can do more with magic variations. The absolute highlights of the game are the Astrals ( and when they decide to help in battle). Definitely the best game of the year for me. Expand
  26. Nov 29, 2016
    After reading the red reviews, then opening up the box and playing the game for myself, 95% those idiots obvious never played it. Graphics are good, characters are fine. Some missions are boring but most of them are a lot of fun. Tons to explore and epic fights. So yeah, don't believe those "bad" reviews from people who are hating on it just because.
  27. Nov 29, 2016
    Finhal Fantasy 15 is the best game ever with a very good story and charaters. the figth is very enjoyable and the side quest are very interesting. is a nice game with a lot of to do.
  28. Dec 5, 2016
    Beautiful game marks a return to the final fantasy hearts of all people!
    I could not believe that after the departure of Sakaguchi, Square will make that something of value, but I was wrong. The game is a godsend!
  29. Dec 1, 2016
    Great game. Has a awesome atmosphere and OST you would expect square to put out, best CGI in the industry still, gameplay is very fun, dynamic, fluid, and stylish. Characters are interesting and the Brotherhood anime series makes them even better. I really enjoy exploring and going through dungeons, magic is presented in a very different way this time around by fusing elements into vials.Great game. Has a awesome atmosphere and OST you would expect square to put out, best CGI in the industry still, gameplay is very fun, dynamic, fluid, and stylish. Characters are interesting and the Brotherhood anime series makes them even better. I really enjoy exploring and going through dungeons, magic is presented in a very different way this time around by fusing elements into vials. The magic itself is very cool and the stronger spells will leave an AOE and changes on the environment after dealing huge damage. All in all a fantastic game. Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2016
    Great Game, Wonderful Story, amazing characters a lovely open world.
    The only bad thing I can say about this game is the long wait, I hope to enjoy this game for a while and to have FFXVI before the next decade.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    After so many years of development, Final Fantasy XV is not what I expected it to be. The universe is immense and beautiful and the characters are just fine. But the story is short and disappointing and the gameplay suffers from lack of depth. FFXV is a good game, but it can never bring the former glories back to the series.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 14, 2017
    Even as you reflect on the rarity of a blockbuster that's willing to take real risks, you'll be left with the uncomfortable realisation that ten years wasn't quite long enough, after all. Those jagged edges are, in the end, just a little too sharp. [Feb 2017, p.110]
  3. Feb 7, 2017
    Despite a divided feel, torn between what it was and what it plans to be, Final Fantasy XV has a lot to offer. If you're a diehard JRPG fan, then it's a positive sign that the series can cross over to a new format. And if you're just looking for an open world adventure, Final Fantasy XV certainly has that in spades, while doing just enough things differently to separate it from the likes of Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.