- Summary: FINAL FANTASY XV is a fantasy based on reality. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lucis, embarks on an epic journey with his best friends through a world of larger-than-life beasts, amazing wonders to behold, and dungeons filled with danger in hopes ofFINAL FANTASY XV is a fantasy based on reality. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lucis, embarks on an epic journey with his best friends through a world of larger-than-life beasts, amazing wonders to behold, and dungeons filled with danger in hopes of finding the strength to take back his homeland and end the battle. [Square-Enix]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Final Fantasy XV - Kingsglaive Trailer
Autoplay On Off
Dec 29, 2016This is one of my favourite games of the year and it's one I'd encourage any previous Final Fantasy fan to consider. Besides the brilliant nods to the series past — adorable retro touches like pixel art character menus and classic game soundtracks you can buy in servos and listen to in the Regalia — this is a game that's doing something new and great with what's come before. It's the fondest I've felt about the series since VIII.
Nov 28, 2016Final Fantasy XV hides a convoluted, 10 year-long development behind every corner and desperately struggles with its own identity. Fans of the franchise might find the new open world structure a bit disappointing especially because it hurts a narrative that finds some coherence in the second half of the game and goes straight to an emotional and very divisive ending.
Dec 9, 2016While it occasionally buckles under its own ambition and the game falters somewhat as the plot ramps up, overall Final Fantasy XV is a beautiful, exciting game that I dearly loved. It may not be the best game I've played this year, but it is almost certainly my favorite, and Square Enix has built an incredible, extremely unique open-world.
Dec 6, 2016Final Fantasy XV is a unique offering, both for the franchise and RPGs in general. Placing the onus on the relationships of your party, rather than the narrative, has meant that this is a game that strikes not just an emotional chord, but a personal one. While Final Fantasy stalwarts will likely balk at the action-heavy combat, the spirit of the franchise remains, and is better served here than it has been in many years.
Nov 30, 2016This isn't probably the Final Fantasy you were expecting, nevertheless it's one worth your time. it is far from being a perfect game, mainly because of a terrible second half, but it succeeds where other Final Fantasy have failed: bringing the saga into the modern era.
Dec 9, 2016This is not the game I was expecting after years of watching videos and playing demos, but it ended up being better than what I was expecting.This is not the game I was expecting after years of watching videos and playing demos, but it ended up being better than what I was expecting. Long time FF fans will love this game. New fans to the series will love the game. Being able to listen to past FF songs is a big plus. Where the story suffers, the gameplay makes up for it, but that said, anyone who didn't watch Kingsglaive or Brotherhood are missing out on significant backstory.… Expand
Nov 29, 2016Great game!!!Critics do not understand what it is about!!Ok it has some câmera problems, but they will correct that!!!! Enjoying a lot, it hasGreat game!!!Critics do not understand what it is about!!Ok it has some câmera problems, but they will correct that!!!! Enjoying a lot, it has everything a final fantasy game should have, its fan to play, all the hunting missions are good, and remind me a lot of Final Fantasy 12!!!… Expand
Nov 29, 2016FINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and theFINAL FANTASY XV is a game that has everything to make you happy. It has a open world, but also, has many linear moments due to story, and the story is VERY good at all. Escaping the flames of war, Noctis epic journey with his best friends is very real and deep. The battle system is so good and the game has the best dungeons in all FF series. I loved Princess Luna, she is so cute and strong.… Expand
Dec 12, 2016Понравилось! Рекомендую...
Но есть проблемы... Что понравилось: - Отличная атмосфера игры - вначале это дорожное путешествие, потомПонравилось! Рекомендую...
Но есть проблемы...
- Отличная атмосфера игры - вначале это дорожное путешествие, потом драма переходящая в трагедию. Прекрасно!
- Открытый и красивый мир (который правда неожиданно "заканчивается" ближе к финалу)
- Шутки-прибаутки героев - чудесно
- Тачка понравилась - это конечно не ГТА 6, но нам ведь и не надо!
- Анимация и живость героев, кемпинги, рыбалки и фотки. Игра заставляет поверить что у тебя есть друзья! Спасибо тебе, игра.
Что не понравилось:
- Неровности сюжета. То сентиментальная речь которая должна цеплять за душу вызывает только улыбки или даже недоумение. То смерть второстепенного персонажа к которому вообще не успел "прикипеть" вызывает зевок и вопрос - "а это был кто вообще, а ведь он оказывается был нам дорог"?
- Разработчики не смогли сделать мир до конца открытым, пришлось скатиться в линейность к концу второй трети игры. Выглядит это не очень красиво.
- Самый главный минус - это унылые второстепенные квесты. Давно пора запретить создавать квесты типа: "Пойди туда и принеси мне 10 хвостов носорогов". К сожалению все не сюжетные квесты именно такие. Для меня это главное разочарование, ведь я не смог раскрыть весь открытый мир - наскучило. Ах да я же был должен наслаждаться боевкой... но без сюжетной мотивации у меня лично это не вышло.
Что вызывало смешанные чувства:
- Бой как бы неплох... Но если честно к концу понимаешь что тактики почти нет. Финальные боссы сводились к двум действиям: питью зелья и атаке... ну иногда приходилось воскрешать павших бойцов. Но в середине игры порой были очень интересные бои. Рекомендую, кстати, играть в Режиме Ожидания (Waiting Mode).
- Dungeons (подземелья) - темно, страшно и атмосферно, вроди бы и нравится... но в основном очень линейно...
- И еще раз сюжет... Финал - порадовал! Послевкусие осталось... Но в целом эта фантазия не так прекрасна, как 7-ая, 8-ая или 10-ая. Мой вердикт: на четверочку сюжет... с минусом.
В целом игра мне понравилась и я рекомендовал бы ее как поклонникам серии так и новичкам. Считаю что это огромный шаг вперед после провальной на мой взгляд 13-ой части.… Expand
Jan 5, 2017Let me start off by saying there are a lot of things this game does right. character design is on point for a post ff7 final fantasyLet me start off by saying there are a lot of things this game does right. character design is on point for a post ff7 final fantasy character, Lovable main cast of characters, and a great world. There is just something about this world that drew me in. It felt almost real, like this place could exist somewhere. I was enthralled most of the time I was traveling in the regalia (your car) and overall enjoyed seeing the world that the developers had created, but as you can see based on my score it had some problems that nag at me the more i think about them.
Before I start focusing on only the bad parts of the game let me say that I enjoyed my initial play through of the game, and I have played damn near all the final fantasy games to completion aside from 13. lets get these problems broken down.
Story: I don't really know what to say the story is different, and by different i really mean confusing as hell. I ended up watching KingsGlaive just to hopefully get a better understanding of the story, but alas i was still lost. Nothing is explained in this game and if it is i must have missed it because i ended up doing internet searches to try and understand character motivations. Its amazing how much hate FF8 got for its plot and this game is getting 9's and 10's. the developers loved FF6 i know that much after finishing the game, but a game with this long of a development cycle should have had a coherent plot, but i should have know we were in trouble when crystals came back into the fray. The villain is awesome one of the best written we've had in a long time. why he's the villain i don't know, but man he's good at it.
Game play: to be honest it gets boring. the combat system works, and the witcher esque side quests function as intended, but it gets boring really boring. I finished in the neighborhood of around 50 or so hours and i didn't come close to completing all the side content, mainly because i lost interest and had renting the game so i needed to wrap it up, but even as a purchase i still would have lost interest and just moved forward so i could see the ending that while cool was lost on me as i didn't understand most of plot leading up to it. OK this is a personal gripe but you get the ability to "travel back in time" or go back to older content after you've passed it so you can complete side missions you missed or in my case ignored. well some of this content doesn't unlock till you finish the game. This includes ultimate weapons. now you don't need these to beat the story of the game, but whats the point in getting them if the game is already complete. imagine in FF7 if after you beat sephiroth you unlocked the ability to get the final limit breaks and ultimate weapons. whats the point? the game is complete. this is just hoping that the completionist in me will go hunt them down, but i was too irritated to bother. I'm not hunting down final weapons to use so i can go get some carrots for a lazy farmer for the 1000th time.
Visuals: honestly i don't have too much to add here. the game looks great. the only complaint is this camera hates you almost as much as a souls games camera thankfully its fairly easy so the camera wont kill you.
Final thoughts: despite the complaints i have you should at the very least play this game. I personally do not think its worth a purchase, but its certainly worth playing through. And besides, you'll need the practice with the combat system to prepare you for the FF7 remake from the looks of it.… Expand
Dec 4, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game itself is really fun, with dozens of stuff to do, that is, until chapter 8. From there till the end, you will be put on a rail and at a certain point, is forced to WALK tru dungeons for a damn 2 hours which could be cleared in 30 minutes if you are allowed to run, and many other "time sinks" starts there. Be prepared for chapter 8 onwards.
And I strongly recommend you to make your review after you have actually cleared the damn game. Again, the game is fun BEFORE YOU ENTER CHAPTER 8.… Expand
Aug 14, 2017Square Enix has turned FFXV into a joke with post-game updates. The player now starts the game with a piece of equipment for each partySquare Enix has turned FFXV into a joke with post-game updates. The player now starts the game with a piece of equipment for each party member, which makes them invulnerable to damage, knockdowns, and stats effects. Additionally, an ability the main character unlocks through the storyline has been updated, enabling it to one-shot every enemy in the game, including storyline bosses and optional challenge bosses. If this becomes a trend for Final Fantasy, the series is dead.… Expand
Published: September 12, 2016We profile the most noteworthy videogames scheduled for release between now and the end of the year.
Published: January 19, 2016Preview 25 notable videogame franchises returning with new titles in 2016, including Uncharted, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Legend of Zelda, and more.
Published: March 9, 2010The newest installment in the 23-year-old Final Fantasy franchise arrives in stores this week. How does it compare to past titles in the series?