flower PlayStation 4

7.3

1. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm trying to figure out why Flower is so popular. I've played it on the PS3 and now on the PS4. Obviously the graphics are a vast improvment and yes the blades of grass look cool but I can't take this game seriously. After about 15 minutes I get extremely bored and will start to fall asleep. I know it's suppose to be a relaxing game but there's no challenge to it, you may as well just goI'm trying to figure out why Flower is so popular. I've played it on the PS3 and now on the PS4. Obviously the graphics are a vast improvment and yes the blades of grass look cool but I can't take this game seriously. After about 15 minutes I get extremely bored and will start to fall asleep. I know it's suppose to be a relaxing game but there's no challenge to it, you may as well just go for a walk... outside! It's only $7 and can be played on 3 systems so that is a positive but too me it's still not worth it. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    overall kinda boring. something you throw on once or twice, or show a friend. basically demo software for a graphics engine. it's just ok, and it's been just ok since it came out on ps3 imho. didn't look CRAZY different on ps4.
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    It felt kind of cheesy. If I was high it would've been absolutely amazing, but otherwise it's just a bunch of pedals floating. I guess it just isn't for me though so I won't give it a horrible review, I could see how some people could like it.
  4. May 24, 2014
    I really don't understand all the fuzz about this game. How can a game that lasts 25 min, and that costs almost 10 bucks be the first game on the charts for a next gent console?? Like some other user said, it feels like it's being awarded for it's originality more than anything else.

Yes it has a nice combination of OK graphics with music and it's very original and different and relaxing, but seriously, how can this game have nines and tens all over the place. "Journey" was great, I have to say I really enjoyed completing Journey, but this game is completely overrated IMO.
  5. Dec 6, 2013
    I appreciate the beauty and originality of this game and I think more developers should be thinking outside the box like SCEA is. The motion control using the motion sensors in the controller is accurate and usable, but they should consider incorporating options to use the sony eye camera and voice operations to take this to the next level.
  6. Jul 17, 2014
    Beautiful and enjoyable game with comfortable motion control! Its nice to take a break from all those violent games and relax, Flower will give you just that!
  7. Jun 16, 2015
    More of a relaxing experience than a game. The graphics and music are gorgeous, the six axis is fun to play around with but the positive ends there. It has no replay value and I found myself kind of glad when it was finished rather than hoping for more levels. Not entirely without merit I can see the beauty in it, but in the end far to boring to hold my attention.
  8. Nel
    Dec 18, 2016
    Really simple yet joyful game, however it runs into a wall, where it will just be a hassle to get from place to place, and it feels less unique than people claim it to be.
  9. Nov 18, 2016
    Flower is a beautiful and relaxing experience. It gets greater when you progress through the levels and will indeed give you an indescribable feelings.
    PS4 version is enhanced with motion controls but unfortunately you can't control your petals without the motion controls (using the original left-right-stick way).
    Also, I think it is not as amazing as Journey since it is developed prior to that.
  10. vgm
    May 9, 2017
    This game has very basic mechanics and i found it boring at the beginning, which made me wish I was playing something else. However, from the second half of the game, I was intrigued about the story. At the end my thoughts were mixed, it was an enjoyable experience that makes you meditate about the world we live in but it's not a game that I'd like to play again. I was also expecting aThis game has very basic mechanics and i found it boring at the beginning, which made me wish I was playing something else. However, from the second half of the game, I was intrigued about the story. At the end my thoughts were mixed, it was an enjoyable experience that makes you meditate about the world we live in but it's not a game that I'd like to play again. I was also expecting a better soundtrack after playing Journey by the same developer. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2017
    Pros:
    - Great dynamic soundtrack
    - Doesn't overstay its welcome

Cons:
    - Motion controls. Would have liked the option of traditional controls (my bad if I just didn't see this option)
    - Honestly, it was boring. That's the greatest sin a video game can commit.

True Score: 6.7
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    This great game makes it's way to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and motion controls. This is a game where you can pick up, play and admire the art rather than rushing to complete stages. Turning your petals on a dime is more achievable with the Dual Shock 4. If I had a gripe, it would be that there were no extra levels with the port to PS4. Game is also free for PS4 and Vita if previouslyThis great game makes it's way to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and motion controls. This is a game where you can pick up, play and admire the art rather than rushing to complete stages. Turning your petals on a dime is more achievable with the Dual Shock 4. If I had a gripe, it would be that there were no extra levels with the port to PS4. Game is also free for PS4 and Vita if previously purchased on PS3. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    A truly evergreen title that looks and handles noticeably better on your next-gen system. [February 2014, p79]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 7, 2014
    Embrace it like a comfortable pair of shoes. [Jan 2014, p.84]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    Flower is a unique game.