flower PlayStation 4

7.2

1. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm trying to figure out why Flower is so popular. I've played it on the PS3 and now on the PS4. Obviously the graphics are a vast improvment and yes the blades of grass look cool but I can't take this game seriously. After about 15 minutes I get extremely bored and will start to fall asleep. I know it's suppose to be a relaxing game but there's no challenge to it, you may as well just goI'm trying to figure out why Flower is so popular. I've played it on the PS3 and now on the PS4. Obviously the graphics are a vast improvment and yes the blades of grass look cool but I can't take this game seriously. After about 15 minutes I get extremely bored and will start to fall asleep. I know it's suppose to be a relaxing game but there's no challenge to it, you may as well just go for a walk... outside! It's only $7 and can be played on 3 systems so that is a positive but too me it's still not worth it. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    overall kinda boring. something you throw on once or twice, or show a friend. basically demo software for a graphics engine. it's just ok, and it's been just ok since it came out on ps3 imho. didn't look CRAZY different on ps4.
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    It felt kind of cheesy. If I was high it would've been absolutely amazing, but otherwise it's just a bunch of pedals floating. I guess it just isn't for me though so I won't give it a horrible review, I could see how some people could like it.
  4. May 24, 2014
    I really don't understand all the fuzz about this game. How can a game that lasts 25 min, and that costs almost 10 bucks be the first game on the charts for a next gent console?? Like some other user said, it feels like it's being awarded for it's originality more than anything else.

Yes it has a nice combination of OK graphics with music and it's very original and different and relaxing, but seriously, how can this game have nines and tens all over the place. "Journey" was great, I have to say I really enjoyed completing Journey, but this game is completely overrated IMO.
  5. Dec 6, 2013
    I appreciate the beauty and originality of this game and I think more developers should be thinking outside the box like SCEA is. The motion control using the motion sensors in the controller is accurate and usable, but they should consider incorporating options to use the sony eye camera and voice operations to take this to the next level.
  6. Jul 17, 2014
    Beautiful and enjoyable game with comfortable motion control! Its nice to take a break from all those violent games and relax, Flower will give you just that!
  7. Jun 16, 2015
    More of a relaxing experience than a game. The graphics and music are gorgeous, the six axis is fun to play around with but the positive ends there. It has no replay value and I found myself kind of glad when it was finished rather than hoping for more levels. Not entirely without merit I can see the beauty in it, but in the end far to boring to hold my attention.
  8. Dec 5, 2013
    What a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. If you have no appreciation for art, music, game design and can't stand to go for more than 1min without something crashing, blowing-up, or trying to kill you then you will be bored silly..... for everyone else do yourself a favour andWhat a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. If you have no appreciation for art, music, game design and can't stand to go for more than 1min without something crashing, blowing-up, or trying to kill you then you will be bored silly..... for everyone else do yourself a favour and purchase this inexpensive gem of a game. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    A truly evergreen title that looks and handles noticeably better on your next-gen system. [February 2014, p79]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 7, 2014
    Embrace it like a comfortable pair of shoes. [Jan 2014, p.84]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    Flower is a unique game.