7.1

1. Aug 1, 2014
    This game is a decent game, but it seems it's not for everyone. I found that it has some deeper philosophical connotations, some kind of hidden meaning, but what it is precisely is not specified, nor is it strictly easy to work out.

It is incredibly short; you may be able to get through the main "story" within about an hour, perhaps a little longer. The game also has extra collectibles
    in the form of green flowers, which are hidden within different levels.

The game is a short journey throughout a bizarre and twisted world, making use of the motion within the Dualshock 4 controller. It can feel a bit sluggish at times, but overall, it is pretty sleek and once you get used to it, it feels perfect. There is no narrative, there isn't even strictly any instructions. The only hint you really get is a little visual message at the beginning about how to use the controller correctly, but that's about it. This lack of communication makes for a rather cryptic voyage of trial and error, trying to fully understand what it is precisely you hope to achieve. However, the main game is pretty self explanatory, and you shouldn't get too lost trying to work it all out.

The reason I have deducted two points is for these two reasons; one, the game is about £6.49, which I feel is a little excessive for a game that happens to be so short. Two, the game can be repetitive, and you'll end up playing the same level numerous times trying to find the little secrets, which can be a pain.

The reason I have given it a positive score, however, is that it feels fresh, different, new, and can be incredibly therapeutic. I don't know of many games that make me feel relaxed, and that never make me feel frustrated.

so, in closing, if you want a game that is easy to get into, that feels relaxing and different, then this game may be just for you. However, don't expect a complicated interface, a whole load of objectives, and a lot of different options. This game is the bare minimum, but it works.
  2. Jul 17, 2014
    Beautiful and enjoyable game with comfortable motion control! Its nice to take a break from all those violent games and relax, Flower will give you just that!
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    Amazing, Simple, Pure, Enthralling, Exciting, Small, Fast, True, Beautiful, Intuitive, multi-playability, CHEAP$$ and well worth it!
    I would recommend this to anyone with a PS4.
  4. May 25, 2014
    a peaceful zen like adventure through the fields of heavens.... For a change of pace in gaming and a side adventure to set your mind free, enjoy. Excellent buy for those who also liked journey and games of the same nature
  5. May 24, 2014
    I really don't understand all the fuzz about this game. How can a game that lasts 25 min, and that costs almost 10 bucks be the first game on the charts for a next gent console?? Like some other user said, it feels like it's being awarded for it's originality more than anything else.

Yes it has a nice combination of OK graphics with music and it's very original and different and
    relaxing, but seriously, how can this game have nines and tens all over the place. "Journey" was great, I have to say I really enjoyed completing Journey, but this game is completely overrated IMO. Expand
  6. May 12, 2014
    Simple and Beautiful. Just press a button and move your controller. This game is not going to be for everyone but it is definitely worth a try. The PS4 version of the game only delivers a better experience of this piece of art.
  7. Apr 22, 2014
    I am the type of person that thinks video games are a form of art. And this is the type of game that will lead the charge in getting video games to be accepted as such. It is beautiful and tells a story about the terrible thing humans do, with out a single cut scene or word of dialogue. Which is more impressive than most games that require cut scenes and such to tell a story (don't get me wrong, those games are still really great- games like Bioshock and the Last of Us- but it's not as impressive). Sure it may not be as good as Journey, but it is still an amazing game. Expand
  8. Apr 12, 2014
    It felt kind of cheesy. If I was high it would've been absolutely amazing, but otherwise it's just a bunch of pedals floating. I guess it just isn't for me though so I won't give it a horrible review, I could see how some people could like it.
  9. Apr 7, 2014
    Normally I would give this game an eight, but because of all the trolls, haters, and Xbox fanboys giving this game zeroes, I'm being forced to give it a ten.
  10. Apr 6, 2014
    This game is incredibly boring; you spend 2 hours flying as a petal which takes more petals until you make everything pretty. It's barely a game, and while it did stir emotions towards the end the experience felt shallow. It has absolutely no replay value, and there are far better ways to unwind. Looks pretty, but has no substance whatsoever.
  11. Apr 3, 2014
    If ever was an argument for games as art it is Flower. Which means it can be pretty polarising too. It is the marmite of the gaming world. Personally, I find it amazing. The PS4 version manages to look even prettier than its PS3 version too!
  12. Mar 31, 2014
    Just a nice, peaceful game. Immersive from start. The control mechanism is a nice gimmick but the story and gameplay, while seeming simple on paper, are actually quite captivating. Added bonus that it is free on PSN.
  13. Mar 20, 2014
    This is not a game, it feels more like a screen saver. if you are into that, then I guess... spend your money. Chances are you have something more compelling on your computer already, just wait 30 minutes and you'll see what I mean.
  14. Mar 18, 2014
    If you wan to sit at home relax listen to some good calming music and look at some really nice visuals then you can't go wrong with Flower. It's not a game i'd recommend doing in one sitting (which you can) but something you play when stressed out or when you just want to chill for about an hour. I don't think this game is worthy of a perfect 10/10 but i damn sure know it's not worthy of any of the 0's and 1's that users are giving it. Now i've played this both on ps3 and ps4 and i have to say it performs a bit better on ps4, the controls are tighter and it's cool to see the light bar change colors depending on where you are. It also looks a bit better and the sound quality got a nice boost too. Overall flower is a wonderful game but it's not for everyone. Expand
  15. Mar 12, 2014
  16. Mar 12, 2014
    I'm sorry to say that this game is just boring, if I wanted to relax and look at flowers I'd go to a flower shop... I understand why some people like this game, because it's relaxing, but it isn't a game. There is nothing fun about it and the only purpose of the game is to make the flowers blossom... Maybe it's art, I don't know.. This game is overrated. Do you think at its 91 score that this game will be talked about for years to come>? I think not.. This game gets a better overall review then games that are actually games.... This game reminds me of those interative satellite t.v games they had while back.. I'm sure the people who made this game worked so hard......yeah right.. Expand
  17. Mar 5, 2014
    Bought this because everyone says it's a 9/10. I was disappointed. Gameplay: You move flower petals around over other flowers to accumulate more. There is no words to read, no story at all. Just you moving your controller and not understanding why you have to collect more petals. Story:None Replayabllity: None Controls: You have to use the six axis which no game ever uses, and it shouldn't because it feels clunky. And since there is literally no words in this entire game there is no way to learn the controls other than fumbling your way through trying to figure out what any of the 14 buttons do.

I paid 7 dollars for this game, and I feel it was a waste of 6 of those dollars. Even after reading these good reviews, I don't understand how people can call this a form of entertainment.
  18. Mar 2, 2014
    The game flower is the most amazing game I have ever played. For a price of 5 dollars, I had a extreme amount of fun. Even though some people say it doesn't, this game has a story that made you feel, it is a very powerful experience for a video game. It has wonderful music and motion controls and I would recommend it to anyone.
  19. Feb 21, 2014
    Simple and Beautiful. This game is not going to be for everyone but it is definitely worth a try especially for the earlier levels. Plus with the dualshock 4 this game is easier to control.
  20. Feb 10, 2014
    overall kinda boring. something you throw on once or twice, or show a friend. basically demo software for a graphics engine. it's just ok, and it's been just ok since it came out on ps3 imho. didn't look CRAZY different on ps4.
  21. Feb 7, 2014
    What the hell? Alright first the game has good graphics but the idia of this game is stupid. The point on this game is apsolute joke. ALL the reviews all of them are fake.
  22. Jan 30, 2014
    Really Beautiful with a blissful soundtrack. Easily my favorite game that uses the sixaxis. Its a little short though. PS4 recaptured my attention with Flower again. World 5 will probably stress you out though so beware.
  23. Jan 30, 2014
    I tried Flower ... its not for me !
    What I can't understand though is why it's rated so highly ?
    My guess is that a critic or two saw something magical within it ... probably the same critics who view a piece of wool on a plate of melted ice cream and poo and call it art !!
    Quite frankly .. I think its a joke. Poor sound, awful graphics and basic (we're talking zx spectrum ) levels of
    control and interaction is the top scoring game on ps4 ! ha ..
    That is .. quite frankly disrespectful to the hard working, dedicated and creative people who strive to give us "real" games for our new gen consoles.
    Why strive for greatness when critics lap up poo on a plate
  24. Jan 25, 2014
    I purchased this game on impulse from the amazing reviews it received. Started playing it and found it was very slow and relaxing, boring to most people. I try to enjoy the calmer parts of a game sometimes. To be honest I still wasn't a huge fan by the time I was 2-3 levels in. I waited a few weeks and tried it again when I had a friend over and showed him what it's all about. Then BAM OUT OF NOWHERE the game turned into this masterpiece that kept you on the edge of your seat for a couple of hours. This is my first review ever written, just had to do it for this game to let people know that you cannot judge it from the first few levels. Sure this game cannot compare to the depth of many bigger games out, but for the fun factor, I got more than what I paid for. Expand
  25. Jan 25, 2014
    This is one game that didn't need to exist much less be ported. The gameplay is pointless and completely uninteresting. The graphics are really the only good thing about this game. Why they ported this waste of time and not Journey is completely beyond me.
  26. Jan 21, 2014
    It's the simplest form of video game expression. If you don't enjoy art, you will find yourself bored. If your looking for a new experience. It's definitely worth the money.
  27. Jan 18, 2014
    This is simply a game you can't hate. It's meant to be relaxing, it's meant to look pretty, it's beautifully simple, and all of this adds up to a surprisingly elegant game. You're just a gust of wind picking up petals, restoring beauty/nature to the land, listening to a wonderful soundtrack (not spectacular, just... wonderful. Try not to laugh), and... that's it. And it's one of the single greatest games I've ever played. No shooting, no hardcore action, not characters... just you, some nice music, pretty visuals, and... flowers. If you have a PS3, BUY IT NOW. If a PS4, get it only if you don't already have it. It's just an update on the visuals, and just something to show off the new system. And also to remind you of why this was one of the few must buy games of/for the old system; because it's brilliant. Expand
  28. Jan 14, 2014
    This isn't a very addictive game but the graphics and soundtrack are enough to give this stunning game a 10 out of 10. I really think the graphics in this game are sooo pretty. Especially with the soothing soundtrack. Great game!
  29. Jan 7, 2014
    One point for being visually beautiful. That's it. There's nothing else to say about this game. If you want a beautiful game, get flower. If you want a game with anything else at all, don't.
  30. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. It is a wonderful journey told without words. This game, is a graphical achievement, along with the amazing gameplay. It is great.
  31. Dec 28, 2013
    When a great Game comes along, its a good day for video games, but when a genuine piece of art comes to gaming, its a milestone, Flower is an minimalist journey into Humans and urbanization. Everyone should experience it.
  32. Dec 22, 2013
    jak można takiej grze dać 91%!!!!! skandal, po kilku minutach gry człowiek ma dosyć! to już ciekawszy i lepiej wykonany jest Kill Zone, a Assasin przy tym to mistrzostwo świata!
  33. Dec 22, 2013
    What a wonderful alternative to all the usual console games. The kids really love it, the only problem is the serenity is broken up by arguments over whose go it is next. I like playing it myself especially after a session of BF4 to start winding down.

Would be interesting if they could use the camera, I can see the kids really liking a version the can swoop around using justtheir bodies.
  34. Dec 20, 2013
    This "game" gets a 0, all the critics giving it 10's are just pretentious its an over priced HD fluff piece that makes wet pain seem like a keg party. Its the equivalent of a childs pop up book, hardly engaging or entertaining. You could go talk a walk and get more enjoyment from that than anything this glorified video could give you.
  35. Dec 20, 2013
    I hate dis game.

makes no sense.

its just turning stuff green.

cod ghosts is better.

This game is not better that NBA!
    i dont like this game, its a waste of time, it not nice.
    everybody should hate it.
    all u do is goaround turning stuff green and thats not cool.
  36. Dec 19, 2013
    This is not a game, and should not be classified as such.
    This is a phone application with enhanced graphics.

It is beautiful, but is not a game.

I found myself bored, and wondering why the critics acclaim this game while busting Knack.
  37. Dec 6, 2013
    I appreciate the beauty and originality of this game and I think more developers should be thinking outside the box like SCEA is. The motion control using the motion sensors in the controller is accurate and usable, but they should consider incorporating options to use the sony eye camera and voice operations to take this to the next level.
  38. Dec 5, 2013
    What a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. If you have no appreciation for art, music, game design and can't stand to go for more than 1min without something crashing, blowing-up, or trying to kill you then you will be bored silly..... for everyone else do yourself a favour and purchase this inexpensive gem of a game. Expand
  39. Dec 5, 2013
    this game is one of the most beautiful and sooting games i have ever played. some poople dont like because it dosent appearent show any micheal bay stuff and other badass things, but truth be told this game is legendary if you can see its uniqueness and meaning.
  40. Dec 5, 2013
    This game has very, very little to offer. I can not understand anyone actually playing this game for more than 5 minutes without turning it off through sheer boredom. There are so many 10s here and for what? Scenery? Ludicrous. One of the worst games I have ever played, and will never, ever play it again.
  41. Dec 4, 2013
    It's a decent game for the price, but it gets boring fast. I don't understand how people are giving this a 10, it doesn't feel like a proper game. More like a mini game that should be free for all users. There are games that developers put many man hours into it that truly deserves a 10 and Flower just doesn't deserve it. People that love art and uniqueness can grow fond of Flower, but for the average gamer.... a pretty scenery isn't justified for giving a game 10/10. There are many other factors into judging a game.

Pros:
    Simple
    Pretty
    Unique
    Cheap

Cons:
    Boring
    Too simple
    No replayability
    Way over rated
  42. Dec 1, 2013
    I've had more fun lighting my farts. What a ridiculous game. This should be free, it was free on the Windows Phone and it was still terrible. On the plus side compared to the ridiculous price of Angry Birds Star Wars which is 32.99, which, quite simply, left me speechless, then this is a steal.
  43. Nov 26, 2013
    Wow is all I have to say, I never heard of this game and was very reluctant to buy it; this game suprised me in so many ways. I figured it was going to be a lame game that was a ripoff for the price. I could not have been more blow away buy the beauty and calming affects of this game.
  44. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm trying to figure out why Flower is so popular. I've played it on the PS3 and now on the PS4. Obviously the graphics are a vast improvment and yes the blades of grass look cool but I can't take this game seriously. After about 15 minutes I get extremely bored and will start to fall asleep. I know it's suppose to be a relaxing game but there's no challenge to it, you may as well just go for a walk... outside! It's only $7 and can be played on 3 systems so that is a positive but too me it's still not worth it. Expand
  45. Nov 23, 2013
    I have both fl0w and Journey on my PS3, but had never gotten around to this one until I decided that the best way to spend the $10, that Sony gifted all new PS4 owners with, was to spend $7 of it on a triple platform game purchase called Flower. Now that I've had a chance to play it on all 3 consoles, I can definitely say that the PS4 version is, hands down, the best version of this game. It not only looks stunningly better, but the motion controls work so much better on the Dual Shock 4 controller. The sound is also vastly improved. The soundtrack is even more soothing coming from the PS4, and the occasional sounds of blowing wind and the chime when you find hidden flowers on your journey will come through on the controllers built in speakers, making the game that much more immersive than it already was. It's like this game was made for the PS4, but came out a generation early. Highly recommended, especially given that you get all 3 versions of the game. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2013
    This great game makes it's way to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and motion controls. This is a game where you can pick up, play and admire the art rather than rushing to complete stages. Turning your petals on a dime is more achievable with the Dual Shock 4. If I had a gripe, it would be that there were no extra levels with the port to PS4. Game is also free for PS4 and Vita if previously purchased on PS3. Collapse
  47. Nov 20, 2013
    Incredible game! The graphic are amazing and the gameplay is very fun. It is a must buy for any Playstation 4 owner. It is a great game for any player in general as well.
  48. Nov 17, 2013
    This game puts me to sleep which is a good thing because its on of the most relaxing games Ive ever played in my life I love just watching ur flowers connect with each other and at the end saving the tree this game will be a must have for the full ps4 experience
  49. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is a must have for all PS3 and PS4 owners. All of thatgamecompany's titles are great but flower is a unique showcase for the new console. 10/10
  50. Nov 15, 2013
    A great game made even better!

The graphics look so crisp in clean in 1080p with 60FPS. There appears to be a better draw distance, more grass, better AA and the controls are better than they were on PS3.

And best of all, you don't even need to buy it again if you already did on PS3!
  51. Nov 20, 2013

1. A truly evergreen title that looks and handles noticeably better on your next-gen system. [February 2014, p79]
  2. Embrace it like a comfortable pair of shoes. [Jan 2014, p.84]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    Flower is a unique game.