• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 21, 2014
7.9

1. Mar 22, 2014
    The big reason i got the ps4 turned out awesome. The graphics are great, the AI is good and the story is exactly what i would've expected it to be. There's also tons of stuff to do just cruisin around Seattle. Unfortunately, i feel like there aren't enough evil/good powers. The different sides of the games does present different story perspectives, but the powers only get modified a bit. IThe big reason i got the ps4 turned out awesome. The graphics are great, the AI is good and the story is exactly what i would've expected it to be. There's also tons of stuff to do just cruisin around Seattle. Unfortunately, i feel like there aren't enough evil/good powers. The different sides of the games does present different story perspectives, but the powers only get modified a bit. I would've wanted more radical changes in power between evil and good (like the sulfur bomb turning into a flame bomb or something, not added range or longer bursts). SPOILER!!! Also, i feel that neon and smoke were thoroughly made, while video and concrete felt like they were of no use at all. Expand
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    Wow just Wow! This game showcases what the ps4 is capable of. Its gorgeous, plays great and the attention to detail and particle effects are INSANE. The story is good so far and the powers are varied and fun to use (I only have smoke and Neon). Not sure about the replayability though it looks like it can get repetititve after being beat but with two paths to follow good and evil, its likeWow just Wow! This game showcases what the ps4 is capable of. Its gorgeous, plays great and the attention to detail and particle effects are INSANE. The story is good so far and the powers are varied and fun to use (I only have smoke and Neon). Not sure about the replayability though it looks like it can get repetititve after being beat but with two paths to follow good and evil, its like playing two seperate games. Dont listen to hate basing reviews or ppl who say this game sucks or is ugly. They are not true the game is not perfect but it sure is fun and beautiful. I definitely recommend this game to any ps4 owner. Its the best looking and most fun ps4 game to date imo. Enjoy your power. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    This is a good game that is nowhere near original in what it does. It's probably the best game on the system but it's not good enough to sell the system outright. There's alot to love here with the lovely graphics and the wonderful acting done by guys like Troy Baker, who does a stellar job as the main character Delsin Rowe. However this game just really suffers from the "same old, sameThis is a good game that is nowhere near original in what it does. It's probably the best game on the system but it's not good enough to sell the system outright. There's alot to love here with the lovely graphics and the wonderful acting done by guys like Troy Baker, who does a stellar job as the main character Delsin Rowe. However this game just really suffers from the "same old, same old" problem. It does nothing different than the first two games did and it does nothing different from any game like this out there. It doesn't set itself apart from other games like this beyond the fact that it's on a next-gen console. It is alot of fun and very enjoyable but, even getting 100% in the world is not that difficult. It's a fun game that deserves to be played if you have the system already. But this is not the type of game that sells the system, as it's trying to be billed as right now. This is a AAA game that looks pretty but will soon be forgotten once more games are released for the console. But there's alot to be said about how fun it is and that's why I gave it the score I did. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    After seeing some mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. On the other hand I knew that a lot of people didn't like the first three games and that there would be trolls knocking it as people do exclusives these days.

As other reviews have said, if you liked the others, you will most likely like this one. The powers offer a nice change up to the game play and makes the experience fresh and precise. Deslin is far more likable than I thought he would be and the story is quite good too.

I have to say that the only down side is that the city, being based off of a real city, just is not as good as Empire City. Which, in all honesty isn't too bad seeing as in my opinion, neither was New Marais and again, in my opinion Sucker Punches Seattle is gorgeous and better than New Marais was.

So to recap: If you were a fan, you will like it! So that's great news for people like me. The graphics are great, performance is good.

I'm giving this a 9 because I feel that it deserves in between a 8/9 as a fan. It's better than Infamous 2 but still no infamous 1 (Although the game play is the best the series has offered.) I will not stoop to giving it a 10 just to fight off the trolls scoring the game low.
  5. Mar 21, 2014
    Beautiful game with open and living world. Graphics of the game in one world is just amazing, it shows true power of current gent console. Story line was never strongest part of the series, but if you want to play a game with great and long story you should play RPG or jRPG game. Game gives a lot of fun. I like the way it uses touch pad. Definitively best game so far in ps4 portfolio.Beautiful game with open and living world. Graphics of the game in one world is just amazing, it shows true power of current gent console. Story line was never strongest part of the series, but if you want to play a game with great and long story you should play RPG or jRPG game. Game gives a lot of fun. I like the way it uses touch pad. Definitively best game so far in ps4 portfolio. Must have and must play. Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    This games great visuals and sound design take center stage here. In short they are amazing. The gameplay is tried and true, and there's nothing wrong with that. The only major complaint I have with the game is that as you get later into the game, you'll notice very little variety in the mission structure or side quests. Still, this is a great game that every PS4 owner should look into.
  7. Mar 21, 2014
    This game controls absolutely flawlessly and while the story may lack a bit behind its still an amazing showing. The graphics as far as the cityscape and the powers look amazing and always impress no matter how many times you use them. Obviously this has to be a must buy and not even because there is a lack of games atm, just because its a great game.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    InFamous Second Son is the best in it's series so far. With immersive, varied powers, and a good/evil storyline, this is a must-have for ps4 gamers. The detail in the environments is tremendous, and the overall production value of the game is top notch. Of course there are downsides to the game such as a slightly muddled plot-line, but the overall experience makes up for that to create aInFamous Second Son is the best in it's series so far. With immersive, varied powers, and a good/evil storyline, this is a must-have for ps4 gamers. The detail in the environments is tremendous, and the overall production value of the game is top notch. Of course there are downsides to the game such as a slightly muddled plot-line, but the overall experience makes up for that to create a fantastic superhero title. Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous is ALWAYS a game seen as mediocre, when in fact its the exact opposite of that it is amazing. From the characters to the smooth flow of platforming and the beautiful visual experience. The game is totally new from the previous 2 and still lovers of the previous games are bound to enjoy this. What I like most about it is the fact that we can see the developers put their passionInfamous is ALWAYS a game seen as mediocre, when in fact its the exact opposite of that it is amazing. From the characters to the smooth flow of platforming and the beautiful visual experience. The game is totally new from the previous 2 and still lovers of the previous games are bound to enjoy this. What I like most about it is the fact that we can see the developers put their passion into this game and produce something totally unique and always an amazing experience worth every cent of the full R.R.P. Also you can play it twice because you can go evil or good and this alters the story line (although these choices aren't exactly too accurate)

Aside from a few problems this game is a SOLID 8.5-9
  10. Mar 21, 2014
    Great story, gameplay and graphics. What else can you ask for in a game? If you own a PS4, this game is a must buy. And if you don't own a PS4, it's definitely worth getting one just to be able to play this game. It's that good.
  11. Mar 21, 2014
    If you're a fan of Infamous, this game will not disappoint. Story and gameplay wise, it is the best in the series in my opinion. They've upped the quality of the voice acting, story telling and presentation.

Graphically, this game is a show piece for the PS4. It is undoubtedly the best looking console game I've seen, and it's open world! Considering they achieved this within months of the PS4's launch, the PS4's future is bright.

Playing the other Infamous titles isn't necessary, so I highly recommend this for everyone. But do play the other Infamous games if you enjoyed this.
  12. Mar 21, 2014
    Buttery smooth action, intelligent AI, well written story and script, decent choices to make, beautiful graphics, vibrant city. Each infamous seems to improve on the last. Well worth the money.
  13. Mar 21, 2014
    Pros
    -Definitely amazing visuals (especially light effects and particles)
    -Roaming in Seattle is fun and impressive -Skill animations are great. -Story is not that bad in contrast to other game's so called "sequels". -İndividual char. are unique. -Combat is diverse and fluent and so much fun!!! Cons -Main character is not that likeable -Other characters effects story limitedly..
    Pros
    -Definitely amazing visuals (especially light effects and particles)
    -Roaming in Seattle is fun and impressive
    -Skill animations are great.
    -Story is not that bad in contrast to other game's so called "sequels".
    -İndividual char. are unique.
    -Combat is diverse and fluent and so much fun!!!
    Cons
    -Main character is not that likeable
    -Other characters effects story limitedly.. they forget to incorporate their existence..
  14. Mar 21, 2014
    The graphics are stunning, the combat is fun and fluid and some of the dialog is genuinely funny. My only fault with the game so far is that I feel the story is not as interesting or engaging as the previous 2 games which is a shame since the story is one of the things I loved before.
  15. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous second son has a great story and the graphics really look good, it's a shame other consoles struggle to have good graphics in a game.
    If your one for a good story, fun gameplay and great graphics then buy Infamous.

If you prefer a shooter with 7 maps and no depth whatsoever then buy something else.
  16. Mar 21, 2014
    Excellent entry in a great series, with fantastic graphics and incredibly fun gameplay! There seems to be a lot of complaints regarding the main character being negative, this in no way impacts the fun there is to be had in this excellent sandbox!
  17. Mar 21, 2014
    Never been a fan of infamous but playing this game has changed me, amazing graphics, great story line and great gameplay, I recommend this game to anyone who has a playstation 4, but I still can't get over how amazing the game looks, so far the best game I played 2014!

I'm owner of both Xbox one and Playstation 4, I'm not a fan boy from any side
  18. Mar 21, 2014
    I had more fun playing the 1st Infamous than this one. Wasn't a fan of the main character. The game was just good for me. It appears there are a lot of users here who loved it though.The game has it's moments, but no way is this any higher than a 7 in my book.
  19. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous: Second Son is a phenomenal game, and a must-play for any PlayStation 4 owner. If you don’t own a PS4, it’s worth buying one now, just to play second son. If you’re looking for an action open-world game with lots of side quests, a satisfying story told through groundbreaking animation, and you like the TV Series Heroes, with a lot of superpowers, Infamous: Second Son has it all.
  20. Mar 21, 2014
    Wow, this game is awesome. Graphics are beautiful and well detailed, and the super powers are just kick-ass! It's a pretty fun game and I like how you can choose to be good or evil. If you have a PS4, just get this game, it's a true next gen experience and probably more good games to come.
  21. Mar 21, 2014
    This Game is truly a showcase of what the "Next-Gen" is capable.
    Its an impressive improvement over its predecessors and a lot of fun for all PS4 owners.
    The replay value is very high due to the different decisions made by the player.
  22. Mar 21, 2014
    The game is a gem no doubt about it. Just when you see something you dont lke or get tired of the game addresses it right away. Slow climbing? here you go have some vents. Tired of dispersing baddies? heres a brand new arsenal of powers. Not to mention the awesome voice acting Troy Baker gives which is A+
  23. Mar 21, 2014
    It may not be the best story in a game, but for the money, it is certainly worth it. The opening screams "WELCOME TO NEXT-GEN!" and the graphics only get better. The attention to detail would be enough to justify this game existing, but the combat is ridiculously fun, and getting around the gorgeously rendered Seattle is a dream. It might not be the first next-gen graphics showcase, likeIt may not be the best story in a game, but for the money, it is certainly worth it. The opening screams "WELCOME TO NEXT-GEN!" and the graphics only get better. The attention to detail would be enough to justify this game existing, but the combat is ridiculously fun, and getting around the gorgeously rendered Seattle is a dream. It might not be the first next-gen graphics showcase, like Killzone, but damn, it is certainly the first PS4 exclusive that justifies spending the money for it, and it is most definitely worth it. Expand
  24. Mar 21, 2014
    The Best of ...

• Graphically sublime: one of the best games seen in PS4 so far. • City beautiful and meticulously detailed. Day or night, it will be a feast for your eyes. Properly exploits the potential of PS4. • varied and well designed with marked differences between them, a feature that provides freshness to the gameplay because you can experiment with your own combinations
    The Best of ...

• Graphically sublime: one of the best games seen in PS4 so far.

• varied and well designed with marked differences between them, a feature that provides freshness to the gameplay because you can experiment with your own combinations Powers.

• Good level of challenge and difficulty, especially in expert mode.

• flawless from the Presentation menu to credits.

• Paragraph neat sound and soundtrack that fits perfectly with the plot and the events of the game.

The worst ...

• Although its history is appropriate, consider that it was able to overcome what we saw in the first two titles in the series.

• Plenty to do in the city, however, some of the side missions might feel repetitive over several hours of play
  25. Mar 21, 2014
    Unbelievably fun game that seems like it has improved all areas from infamous 1 & 2. This is the best next gen game so far across all platforms. Graphics are brilliant and characters and acting are well done. Definitely should be system seller for ps4.
  26. Mar 21, 2014
    A true Infamous game and the first game which truly let's next gen shine! Incredible graphics which put any PC game to shame, impressive effects and very fluid gameplay. Some people don't seem to like Delsin but to me Sucker Punch did a great job in portraying him as a young adult which still is not very stable so he could easily fall to both sides, the good or the bad one, depending onA true Infamous game and the first game which truly let's next gen shine! Incredible graphics which put any PC game to shame, impressive effects and very fluid gameplay. Some people don't seem to like Delsin but to me Sucker Punch did a great job in portraying him as a young adult which still is not very stable so he could easily fall to both sides, the good or the bad one, depending on his own decisions. I for my part liked the story even though it is no The Last Of Us For sure (not gonna spoil anything). It easily is Sucker Punchs best try on the formula yet. I really don't get a lot of these so called "professional" reviewers these days. If you liked the Infamous games before you will love this! Expand
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    Simply incredible game. The gameplay in fun and enjoyable. The city looks wonderful, in fact the whole game looks superb. The animation system used is very impressive. Top marks SuckerPunch!
  28. Mar 21, 2014
    First off : welcome nextgen graphics ! The lighting and particle effects are simply stunning, and very realistic facial animations.
    Oh my dear, Seattle at night with heavy rain.... looks amazing. The beauty stay in the detail !
    The controls feel perfect and its super easy navigate the big city with your superpowers. Its a pretty lengthy game collecting all orbs and both evil and good
    Its a pretty lengthy game collecting all orbs and both evil and good path.

And well , its damn fun . Buy it. Finally pushing the ps4.
  29. Mar 21, 2014
    Impresionante, ese es la palabra,llevo bastante jugado ya y me esta encantando en todos los sentidos.No os fieis de las notas que dan las revistas de videojuegos debeis probar por vosotros mismos esta joya de PS4. Lo primero que impresiona son los graficos, es lo mas bruto que he visto hasta ahora incluso en pc, esto si que es next gen de verdad, simplemente en muchos paisajes te quedarasImpresionante, ese es la palabra,llevo bastante jugado ya y me esta encantando en todos los sentidos.No os fieis de las notas que dan las revistas de videojuegos debeis probar por vosotros mismos esta joya de PS4. Lo primero que impresiona son los graficos, es lo mas bruto que he visto hasta ahora incluso en pc, esto si que es next gen de verdad, simplemente en muchos paisajes te quedaras mirando las texturas, parace casi fotoreal. La jugabilidad me parece buenisma, tienes mucha libertad para llegar donde quieras, y puedes hacerlo mediante poderes cuyos movimientos son super fluidos. Para mi lo mas importante es la diversion que te da este juego, que es lo importante. Ademas Delsin tiene un gran carisma que te sacara una sonrisa mas de una vez Lo dicho juego superdivertido,abrumador en graficos y que te da una libertad enorme. Si tienes PS4 este juego es IMPRESCINDIBLE Expand
  30. Mar 21, 2014
    I enjoyed a lot playing first two inFamous games and so far I like inFamous Second Son. Like no other game it creates a unique feel of being a superhero.
  31. Mar 21, 2014
    Amazing game amazing graphics. First true next gen. Controls are responsive powers are amazing. Story is great. Anyone who says otherwise is, is not a fan of the series. This is easily the best installation yet.
  32. P0p
    Mar 21, 2014
    I'll echo that Delsin is a great character. Love him

I'll echo that Delsin is a great character. Love him

So I've been playing for about 2 hours now and I'm blown away. I'm really digging the art design in this and mix that with all sorts of colors in game, makes me very happy. Now the graphics, it's been covered enough but damn does it look amazing. Best yet. SS is really really fluid in motion, it's wonderful. I'm liking how all the moves seem really well part together, they work great for sick aerial kills. This is all with just smoke power too. I loved the first two Infamous games and SS takes everything great about those and improves upon them. So far so good. Best Ps4 game as of right now.
  33. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous second son is really fun to play. They've really made the series blend and shine with the new abilities and enviroment that the game has. Now the game is brighter and not as dull as the past 2 games especially inFamous 1. The graphics are incredible and he flow of the game is massive good. I recommend this game to everybody who's tired of playing online all the time and just wantInfamous second son is really fun to play. They've really made the series blend and shine with the new abilities and enviroment that the game has. Now the game is brighter and not as dull as the past 2 games especially inFamous 1. The graphics are incredible and he flow of the game is massive good. I recommend this game to everybody who's tired of playing online all the time and just want to take it easy and roam the beautiful city of Seattle. Expand
  34. Mar 21, 2014
    Welcome the new generation of consoles. A fun, dynamic and amazing game. Simply an extension of the inFamous universe without leaving the origins. Gorgeous graphics and special effects eye popping. Wonderful, footnote 10 is little. Best game of 2014 so far. Great job Sucker Punch.
  35. Mar 21, 2014
    The graphics on infamous are amazing. I love the neon and it really is the first real next gen game.
    Still playing though atm and tbh if you have a ps4 don't hesitate.

Great game!
  36. Mar 21, 2014
    +Beautiful visuals
    +Realistic dialogue
    +Paced character development
    +Amazing voice acting
    +A plethora of different powers
    +An exceptional amount of upgrades
    +Huge city

-A bit repetitive
    -Campaign story is not good enough for an InFamous title.

Overall, an amazing game. Definitely buy it. 10/10.
  37. Mar 21, 2014
    inFAMOUS Second Son is nothing short of amazing. Hands down best infamous to date. I'm about 3.5 hours in and I'm loving every second of it. Graphics are beautiful, voice acting is top notch, story is immersive and the gameplay is phenomenal. It handles like a dream. Seattle is a pretty big playground as well, lots too explore. Not sure why so many critics were disappointed with this game.inFAMOUS Second Son is nothing short of amazing. Hands down best infamous to date. I'm about 3.5 hours in and I'm loving every second of it. Graphics are beautiful, voice acting is top notch, story is immersive and the gameplay is phenomenal. It handles like a dream. Seattle is a pretty big playground as well, lots too explore. Not sure why so many critics were disappointed with this game. I honestly think they expected too much. There was a lot of secrecy around this game and I think in the end it hurt it. I think people were assuming there were going to be around 8-10 power sets, which is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, there is some familiarity between second son and the previous two infamous games, but that's not a bad thing. It's still at it's core an infamous game just improved in every way. This is the first must own PS4 game, truly a next gen experience. Can't wait to see where the series goes next. Expand
  38. Mar 21, 2014
    I'm speechless for the graphics of this game. Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a true and authentic next-gen game. Congrats Sony for another very well produced game.
  39. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous Second Son is a Epic game, amazing graphics, great story telling, excellent facial animation.
    I'm loving this great experience...
    I I think the reason that this people are giving bad grades its because they didn't have play the game and i think that it´s time to take messieurs against it.
    Make it that only people with achievements/Trophies can give a score
  40. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is just BRILIANT!
    It´s clearly an Infamous game but it´s so much better than the previous ones
    AWESOME graphics,great gameplay,funny-cool lead protagonist...what more can we ask for?
  41. Mar 21, 2014
    Good graphics - Great gameplay - free from objectionable-Sony made ​​- high elasticity - Good Design Environment-Not boring - in general there is no problem -Good design environment - good quality tissue
  42. Mar 21, 2014
    Amazing graphics, insanely fun gameplay, good story. Love the style and aesthetics of the game. It's definitely running up to be the best PS4 exclusive so far. :D Huge step-up from the prequels. It's very seldom when a story of the game interests me enough to play it through, so far, this is the best example.

Top job Suckerpunch
    Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to the game.
  43. Mar 21, 2014
    Picked this up @ the midnight release and played for a good 8 hours, i tend to grind out all side missions etc so im just under 40 percent completion but one could essentially beat a game with less than that anyways lets talk second son

I played the other two installments ( will get to that coming into play in a bit ) and enjoyed them so i did have high hopes of a larger scope, grander and smarter version in SS but what i got was a marvelous 21 gbs of eye candy, visually impressive and this being said by an avid pc gamer and enthusiast . The partical effects , lighting and brilliant design paired with a solid framerate is glorious but the fantastic visuals cant pawn the flaws within the gameplay, graphics will only please our eyes but the gameplay is what grasps our gaming soul.

The A.I is bad point blank and this is where the game clashes withit self, looks every bit a next gen game but that quickly feels like a mirage and also breaks that momentum set up by the wonderfully set stage aka visuals only to have god aweful actors aka a.i. There are alot of gamers this gen who prioritize how good it looks first and plays second and with the next gen consoles being all about bigger, faster and stronger we expect a certain standard by way of graphic fidelity and framerate but many of us expect smarter games, a larger scale in terms of innovation but so far its been all about what game holds the graphics crown and if you want a contender second son is it.

The gameplay has not changed a bit it may appear so due to some fancy glitter and shine but ultimately the you will be doing the same generic side missions with the same sense of accomplishment and impact in the story = none. I do appreciate the new shards makeover and the added powers which look great but i was so underwhelmed by the repetitive play, lack of variety via enemies who pretty much are all the same except for bosses and late game the lookalike baddies equip super powers but can you see how it can make repetitive a reminder everytime you face the clone a.i's and to add salt to the wound they make the boy scouts look like the sas, same old a.i you fought in the previous and tbh last gen prototype 2 had more advanced a.i.

Moral system is in place for what power loadout you prefer and whether or not killing civilians and street performers is justified and the ssame for subdue or kill an enemy and its also in place to encourage a 2nd playthrough but what it isnt implemented for is the impact via story, sound familiar? Infamous 2.

The story doesnt suck donkey butt it just feels like its there because it has to be, some of the cutscenes are funny and diolgue well written but forgetable.

This is a much prettier, smoother traversing, vamped up power tree, casual version of infamous 2 which isnt a bad thing. The world of second son looks gorgeous and alive while smoke dashing amongst the roof tops but its when you touchdown to ground level is when the same world feels hollow and bland.

I enjoy what im seeing, i love dashing around and launching skywards via the vents.
    The sound of my spray paint can comes out of my controller as i shake it before i tag.
    The same can be said whenever i draw power from a smoking car or shard, entering his are while the sound exits my controller. This felt fresh and i enjoy this feature but i just wish they didnt stop there.

basically i feel like been there done that with second son but im still having fun just wish there was more depth, smarter a.i and a smarter game overall.

Second son is an achievement visually and i cant praise SP enough for making one of the best looking console games i ever laid eyes on but the game is underwhelming in respect to what i buy and play games for = good exp and in this gen consoles around 4 to 5 hundred with price of games expected to go up well i expect nothing less than a great exp but regardless of gen it seems settling for less while paying premium has become the trend but with gaming politics aside Second Son delivers on 3 fronts: awesome visuals , free roam and open world environment but it also has action packed moments with great destruction .

I dont hate the game i hate the missed opportunity because this couldve been epic but somewhere down the line they lost focus on innovating the gameplay etc and im guessing graphic fidelity took up most oft he space on the drawing board.

My psn is piixelprov1 and i owne this game. Ps tired sorry about the spelling
  44. Apr 12, 2014
    What do you get when you cross an open world game with a linear story driven adventure game that has the intellectual depth of your average tabloid? Saints Row the Fourth: Hipster Edition.
  45. Mar 22, 2014
    expected more from this game. The graphics are excellent, the lighting, particles, textures but that's not enough to be a good game. This game the first 2 hours are interesting then gets boring and very repetitive, I think infamous 2 was much better than this.
  46. Mar 21, 2014
    What I can say for sure is the graphical leap from the last generation on display in this game is spectacular and I also absolutely loved the music. however there are some significant problems with the AI in this game and things tend to get rather repetitive towards the latter half. also the story is nothing to write home about. I suppose when a game joins the elite games of any generationWhat I can say for sure is the graphical leap from the last generation on display in this game is spectacular and I also absolutely loved the music. however there are some significant problems with the AI in this game and things tend to get rather repetitive towards the latter half. also the story is nothing to write home about. I suppose when a game joins the elite games of any generation every one of these elements have to be polished. I am very much looking forward to what this development team can do with the sequel to this game. Expand
  47. Mar 22, 2014
    It seems that the game created in a hurry, very flat story with strange characters, which does not feel sympathy, empty dialogue and gameplay variety of tasks and devoid of fun.
    Side quests in the game are made for show: shooting CCTV cameras or useless fight against drug traffickers and gangs do not bring any pleasure.
    Graphics in the SS looks weird. On the one hand across very
    Graphics in the SS looks weird. On the one hand across very beautiful and worked on landscapes and on the other cloned buildings with low poly textures and bad LOD in the distance (soap everywhere). Animation characters and facial expressions look too unnatural.
    Infamous SS - game without a soul and imagination made as soon as possible with a focus on future patches and updates.
  48. Jul 6, 2014
    Gorgeous art, rendering, environment design, great character models, and animation, but the story is a royal piece of turd. No joke, the story is eye rolling bad it made me sick to my stomach it was so stupid. How the main character comes into his powers and gains new powers doesn't make any sense, and what you're doing feels totally random and clueless. It's like they gave up trying. ThisGorgeous art, rendering, environment design, great character models, and animation, but the story is a royal piece of turd. No joke, the story is eye rolling bad it made me sick to my stomach it was so stupid. How the main character comes into his powers and gains new powers doesn't make any sense, and what you're doing feels totally random and clueless. It's like they gave up trying. This would be forgivable if these sacrifices in story made the gameplay better, but no, most of the time these illogical jumps in no way improve or actually make the game worse. For example, some reason the main character gains a power in the middle of no where that requires cars in order to jump high into the air.... ? WTF. How does this improve the story or gameplay? What a dumb game. Expand
  49. Apr 11, 2014
    While the game plays and looks great, the story is meh at most.

The powers are awesome and while you use these powers (Video, Smoke, Neon, and Concrete), it feels great. The graphics look beautiful and you can tell they spent a lot of detail with the shadows and the recreation of Seattle. While there is some good in this game, the story is the negative part of this game. The campaign
    While the game plays and looks great, the story is meh at most.

While there is some good in this game, the story is the negative part of this game. The campaign took me about 6 hours to complete, while also doing some of the side missions.

The karma decisions in this game are WAY dumbed down in this game and do not really affect the story at all until the ending. When I played through as evil, I felt that Delsin was being forced to be evil, and there was no appearance change like in Infamous 1 and 2 to make it seem that he was more of a villain.

Overall, Infamous Second Son is a okay game, but dissapointing as a fan of the series. The graphics and powers are great but the story felt rushed.
  50. Apr 14, 2014
    Just finished doing both play throughs both good and evil karma. good points of the game, the graphics are smooth and vibrant (next gen!), i enjoyed the story and the characters within the game and overall its alot of fun. however there are bad aspects :/. i personally felt that the game was way too easy (even on expert)especially to get trophies. i would of liked to see a bit moreJust finished doing both play throughs both good and evil karma. good points of the game, the graphics are smooth and vibrant (next gen!), i enjoyed the story and the characters within the game and overall its alot of fun. however there are bad aspects :/. i personally felt that the game was way too easy (even on expert)especially to get trophies. i would of liked to see a bit more variation when doing the side activities for example taking control of sections of the map by destroying the D.U.P sectors and gaining shards is just too much the same and the novelty can wear off quickly. also i would of like to see a bit of character customisation within the game instead of just being able to change his jacket. the bad parts are only my opinion and dont really hinder the game, overall its enjoyable. Expand
  51. Apr 26, 2014
    I'm afraid I was slightly disappointed in this game. Ultimately, it wasn't something special and didn't feel that next gen. It didn't have real time day/night cycles and you were unable to swim in its world. It's small things, but they just take you away from the experience. The story was mediocre, with some bits rushed and uninteresting. But I don't want to knock the game down too much.I'm afraid I was slightly disappointed in this game. Ultimately, it wasn't something special and didn't feel that next gen. It didn't have real time day/night cycles and you were unable to swim in its world. It's small things, but they just take you away from the experience. The story was mediocre, with some bits rushed and uninteresting. But I don't want to knock the game down too much. It's a good game with excellent graphics and solid gameplay. It just isn't the killer AAA app the PS4 deserves. 7/10. Expand
  52. Apr 30, 2014
    It looks good and plays good, but I found myself getting board of it pretty fast. A lot of the aspects got really repetitive. Worth a rent but not a buy in my opinion.
  53. Apr 17, 2014
    The visuals are outstanding and the mechanics are solid. However, I didn't get the same feeling, playing this, as I did on the original. I had the same issue with infamous 2. I don't know why.
  54. Apr 11, 2014
    Infamous 2 came out in 2009. I played it, with no knowledge of the first one, and after finishing it two times, it made me want to play the first entry as well. Years later comes a totally different entry in the universe, with Troy Baker leading as new hero Delsin Rowe instead of the two-voiced Cole McGrath. How is it? Well, it is good, fun, but not fresh nor rewarding. Is an InfamousInfamous 2 came out in 2009. I played it, with no knowledge of the first one, and after finishing it two times, it made me want to play the first entry as well. Years later comes a totally different entry in the universe, with Troy Baker leading as new hero Delsin Rowe instead of the two-voiced Cole McGrath. How is it? Well, it is good, fun, but not fresh nor rewarding. Is an Infamous experience waiting to be forgotten.
    Sucker Punch, firstly, has really pushed the limits of PS4 to boundaries that really makes the future of the console look exciting. I mean the visual quality of this game is astonishing. Seattle has never looked prettier. The textures are crisp, the lightining is just amazing and the way the game's atmosphere develops is just mind-blowing. Just look at the puddles on the street after it rains. It truly is a very detailed experience.
    Sucker Punch also learned from PlayStation's sweetheart studio Naughty Dog, and that's why they casted Troy Baker to play a more Nathan Drake-ish hero in Second Son. Delsin, at the beginning, is a complete dirtbag. I guess they tried to make a Nathan Drake with powers but ended up getting a more Dante Sparda vibe. I also didn't give a damn about his brother or any of the particular other characters you meet for split seconds and then vanish until the last mission. His brother is throughout the story though.
    The story, from the beginning, I knew where it was going. I know games shouldn't be compared to movies, but nowadays the game industry has really developed its narratives, developing amazing story-driven games like Gone Home, The Last Of Us, Bioshock or The Walking Dead. So yeah, story in Second Son is not so good. The chemistry between the brothers eventually pays off, but really, the narrative is so predictable that what you think will happen to them will eventually happen, no matter what path (Good or Evil) you take.
    Now, this game took a lot of criticism about the karmic decisions, described as pretty extreme or not extreme enough. I always thought these were the worst thing about the Infamous games, because they always seemed to favour being bad instead of good. This game has really found a balance, making either of the choices to play equally badass and I found that very satisfying.
    Gameplay, meh. It is not revolutionary. In fact, it is a very, VERY easy game and instead of being compared to previous Infamous, the most logical of comparisons would be to tie it up with Saints Row IV. Hell, even the open world structure is very similar to Saint Row's. In other words, the humour, the map, the side missions. It is all very Saints Row-y. And that's the problem with gameplay in Infamous Second Son. It seriously lacks originality.
    You still feel like an unstoppable Sylvester Stallone when pulling out those special moves, but they get repetitive quickly, and as you gain more and more powers, difficulty starts being more about overwhelming enemies than strategic gameplay. The enemies are also very repetitive, and the boss battle, while long, is one of the worst boss battles I have ever played in my life.
    InFamous Second Son lacks tons of polish. It is not a bad game, by any means, but it is barely good really. The writing is chuckle-worthy, the powers are fun, Delsin Rowe is amiable, so is his brother, but there is nothing that wants me to play it again, unlike the two previous InFamous.
  55. Apr 21, 2014
    This is the first Infamous game I've played and it is a great introduction to the series. it has all the things I love in action-adventure games but it's lacking a lot in the story telling department and the karma points on both sides can be quickly maxed out as well as the side missions but what it is really lacking is that Next-Gen feel to it that makes it seem like more than just a goodThis is the first Infamous game I've played and it is a great introduction to the series. it has all the things I love in action-adventure games but it's lacking a lot in the story telling department and the karma points on both sides can be quickly maxed out as well as the side missions but what it is really lacking is that Next-Gen feel to it that makes it seem like more than just a good PS3 games with above average graphics. Expand
  56. Apr 28, 2014
    Well here is Infamous: Second Son. Infamous: Second Son is special as it was supposed to be the game that would sell the PS4 similar to how Titanfall was supposed to sell the XBO. These games were hype to hell. Titanfall while fun missed some basic FPS needs, probably brought by the developers inexperiance. If I reviewed it, it would pro...bably get a 7/10. What about Infamous: Second Son?Well here is Infamous: Second Son. Infamous: Second Son is special as it was supposed to be the game that would sell the PS4 similar to how Titanfall was supposed to sell the XBO. These games were hype to hell. Titanfall while fun missed some basic FPS needs, probably brought by the developers inexperiance. If I reviewed it, it would pro...bably get a 7/10. What about Infamous: Second Son? I mean it's developed by Sucker Punch who made the previous installments and the Sly Cooper series, so you think with this, the game would top of the line, right? Unfortunately no. This game is a huge dissapointment. First I have to talk about the story, It is pretty boring. It amounts to: Character gets powers(conduit); Character is attacked by military against powers(D.U.P.) who attack his people(who will die); Character recruits others with powers; Character finds main boss and beats her. Thats it. It's a shame too, because the actual characters are actually interesting. They develop and have outstanding and even dark backstories. With special mention going to Fetch. She's a former junkie whose parents sold her out to the D.U.P, but she is saved by her brother, they seek refuge from drug dealers and become addicts. Her addiction causes her to kill her brother by accident and as vengence she kills drug dealers. That's good stuff, but if the story is bland than good characters can't save it. With that said the Moral system returns, but again it isn't interesting. In the last game your choices have big impacts, here it seems so small a detail. And the endings are barely different, so causes you to wonder if you should play again. Plus being evil actively contradicts the story and of what Delsin(the main character) is trying to accomplish **** up the story as a whole. I swear by the end I was saying wtf? With that said the Graphics are pretty good and the world is detailed though there is a moment where I got shot into a building(you can't go into buildings) and got stuck because of a glitch. Though this is the only one I found in the game. But of course what matters is the gameplay. So, how is it? First returning is the fact that you absorb material to attain empowerment. What I really like are the powers. In previous games the powers, while fun, were also generic. Here the powers are pretty inventive. By the end you will have Smoke, Neon, Concrete and my favorite Video. These can be upgraded by collecting blast shards and what you get adds tons of fun, because you get certain abilities depending on your Karma(whether it be good or evil). With these you can develop your own style of gamplay. There is also stuff to do in order to increase your karma. Spray-painting, freeing people and drug bust increase good karma and killing civillians of any kind increases bad karma. The main goal aside from completing the story is driving the D.U.P. from the city. This is accomplished by beating up D.U.P, destroying their equipment and taking over their zones. Now reviewers will say the combat isn't that good and I disagree. With all the ways to take down enemies it makes battles versitile. However the problem is the enemies themselves. There isn't a huge veriety in the enemies which means there isn't a need to change your strategy much. The Boss fights are a huge Dissapointment. They aren't even the least be creative or fun. What happened to an awesome boss like Kessler? Augustine is a poor replacement. Hell, the most creative "He Who Dwells", is also the most annoying. Fortunately you won't have to worry about enemies for too long as the main storyline is only five hours long. you could do tjhe other Karma and double it but come on that is short for a next-gen sandbox game. With all this I stand by what I think. This game isn't bad, but with all that hype, it's dissapointing. So this game is pretty much like Titanfall and will have a score of 7/10. This game had a lot of good things going for it, but fell short. It needed a better story and enemies to complement the cool powers. I would try it, but only as a rental. Expand
  57. Apr 3, 2014
    Good, but not great. It looks fantastic as you would expect and whilst the game play is similar to the 1st two games, the additional powers certainly mix it up a bit and give you a bit more variety. I thought the gameplay was again, good but not great. The game was pretty short, I completed everything in a week. Definetly worth the price of admission but dont expect anything mind blowing
  58. Jul 28, 2014
    Infamous SS is a reasonable sandbox game that looks impressive but the gameplay and general narrative lack any real substance, making this a slightly above average title.

Firstly, the game looks absolutely superb on the PS4; the lighting and general textures are fantastic and the colourful effects really add to the gorgeous backdrop. The game performs solidly throughout and with it being such an early game in the consoles lifespan; it's definitely encouraging to see. Too many areas around the Seattle location are copy and pasted though and this makes for a repetitive feel to the scenery and the overall gameplay in time.

You play a young man called Delsin who acquires superpowers through an accident and it up to you how you use them - you can either be good or evil. The lead character is extremely irritating although he is supported by a significantly more mature and intriguing cast. However, the narrative doesn't go deep enough and most of the time you are given 50/50 choices on how to proceed. It just feels a bit linear. Whether you are good or evil; it opens the doors to a couple of play-through's but you may be bored after just one outing.

The game takes about 12-15 hours to finish which isn't very long and with a lack of an engrossing story, an poor lead character and repetitive gameplay; Infamous just lacks what is required of such a game. It's a sandbox but the overlay structure and depth is somewhat lacking. For an early PS4 game; this will pass as an acceptable title but it fails to maximise the potential of the console and the growing genre. This game is not worth full price and even around the £25 mark; it may be wise to skip and look elsewhere. In a few years time; this game will be gone and long forgotten.
  59. Apr 16, 2014
    They ruined Infamous as a series in my opinion. Sucker Punch tried to emulate the feel of modern trends and culture but it feels so cartoony even though it tries to be serious. The powers aren't interesting, Delsin is shallow compared to Cole, and tries so hard to go with a "Rise up or step down" message that feels like hipster propaganda. Delsin somehow thinks writing on a wall is causingThey ruined Infamous as a series in my opinion. Sucker Punch tried to emulate the feel of modern trends and culture but it feels so cartoony even though it tries to be serious. The powers aren't interesting, Delsin is shallow compared to Cole, and tries so hard to go with a "Rise up or step down" message that feels like hipster propaganda. Delsin somehow thinks writing on a wall is causing to cause a city to rebel when it really just ticks off homeowners. The story line feels like an rip-off of some of the X-men narratives. It's glitch for a next-gen game. Expand
  60. Mar 31, 2014
    Infamous: Second Son sometimes is fun and some feels boring. I haven't seen 'much' effort in story, music effects and gameplay playing Infamous: Second Son, exactly in the story. why would I complete predict what's happening with an uninteresting story. Honestly, doesn't feel like a story. the point is a "mediocre" walkthrough. "5.9 out of 10".
  61. Apr 2, 2014
    It's hard to rate this game, It's all about the graphics, because there is nothing new in this game ( and it was the same with the second part comparing to the first one). It is not an open world, because there is nothing to do, you can keep jumping from one building to another, but after 10 minutes it will be very boring. A good experience for a short time (when changes the special powerIt's hard to rate this game, It's all about the graphics, because there is nothing new in this game ( and it was the same with the second part comparing to the first one). It is not an open world, because there is nothing to do, you can keep jumping from one building to another, but after 10 minutes it will be very boring. A good experience for a short time (when changes the special power or the phases of the day), but nothing more. Expand
  62. Apr 28, 2014
    The game itself is visually stunning. Often I would just stop and take in the view. The powers are quite fun...I was very fond of the "video" Power. The story line is quite average and disappointingly short! I was very shocked to find I was near the end of the game. And this is playing it very slowly doing everything over a matter of a few long sessions. Delsin is an alrightThe game itself is visually stunning. Often I would just stop and take in the view. The powers are quite fun...I was very fond of the "video" Power. The story line is quite average and disappointingly short! I was very shocked to find I was near the end of the game. And this is playing it very slowly doing everything over a matter of a few long sessions. Delsin is an alright character but not as good as Cole...I found myself comparing the two thinking how much I missed Coles voice and just character in general. This was the first game I played on the new gen and I did buy the ps4 with this game in mind and I honestly could have waited until more games came out for me to enjoy. The town is not as big as previous games. The people walking are detailed but more than often I would see about 4 of the same in one small area. The game is beautiful. So detailed and stunning to look at. The story is ok. The side quests are actually where I had more fun. I thought Fetch was a great character...I would have enjoyed her as the main player! She had a really interesting back story! Replay value...yeah maybe once but only to get trophies! I am quite easy to please and I was a bit disappointed with this. Expand
  63. Apr 2, 2014
    Amazing game would recommend it to anyone, the choices don't feel as heavy as the first 2 games though, everything about it is 10/10 besides the fact it's an exclusive. 7/10 would be 10/10 on the superior system/multiplatform.
  64. Apr 6, 2014
    I want to offer a specific, honest, objective review. This game was a bit below average in my opinion.
    The good parts:
    - graphics are attractive in terms of appealing colors and details. - arcade feel meaning simple to pick up and play - the price. It's a bit cheaper than other main titles. The disappointing: - AI and opponents. Boss battles lacked inspiration and the as you
    The good parts:
    - graphics are attractive in terms of appealing colors and details.
    - arcade feel meaning simple to pick up and play
    - the price. It's a bit cheaper than other main titles.

The disappointing:
    - AI and opponents. Boss battles lacked inspiration and the as you progressed, the opponents merely spammed more shots on you. They equally required merely more hits to defeat. It gets disinteresting.
    - Combat. My gosh, this was the weakest link. Lacked fluidity in linking attacks, didn't require skill, and movement is clumsy!
    - missions were truthfully boring. With the exception of the last power, the entire game had repetitive missions that were a chore to complete. I struggled to get engaged or moved by progression or completing missions which were too formatted like previous ones.
    - side activities lacked purpose. These are for building karma or getting things to upgrade your powers, yet contributed so insignificantly towards it.
    - the "world" won't engage you. Okay I wasn't expecting gta or assassins creed environments. But come on the whole mood and interactivity of the city was so dull! It looked good graphically but it just wasn't interesting to roam, explore, or build a liking towards. Pity.
    - the audio. Voice acting was below average, cheesy, and the sound effects were repetitive
    - the "new" control features. These are executed in a corny way. Ie cellphone rings coming from control or swipe to open cages, or shake control for spray can.
    - story is weak. Many plot holes, generic story, and short of ideas.
    - lack of character. There's nothing enjoyable or likeable about your main character, nor the ones you meet. Hard to find interest here or buy into dialogue.
    - framerate not as smooth as advertised, and graphics have been overrated by media.

Well honestly I could have given this game a 3 or 4 but I respect the amount of work that went into making this game. I am sympathetic as the game was a good idea in theory and at least had bits of final quality. It's unfortunately overhyped and even if it wasn't hyped, it's average and forgettable for one key reason: it has many aspects (story, open world, combat, karma, skill upgrades, etc) but never does any of those aspects well. It ticks many boxes but just gets a C for each. Disappointed people are praising this.
  65. Apr 6, 2014
    While Infamous Second Son is a fun game, it still feels like the same old game. Yes, the draw distance is much farther and, the characters are highly detailed. You know, maybe it's just me. I've bought each of the Infamous games and I always felt let down to a degree; like there was so much game missing.

Prototype did this game type well, and gave gamers what they wanted with all the destruction and gore. Infamous could be better. Take off the filters and let the game get crazy. Remove the uninspired copy and paste missions that I eventually had to stop watching and mute after (the 99th graffiti tag) repeating the same thing so many times. Just painful. The AI of the living inhabitants is dreadful; they love you or hate you and they have no lives, it's just all about you. At least the baddies were a small challenge to kill at times.

This game is mediocre and doesn't improve on previous installments. Game play is the same with different powers. Visuals only go so far. Dialogue is cheesy as well.
  66. Apr 8, 2014
    This game was a hit and miss in certain areas-

Graphics-Pretty good for a console that has just came out Bugs- This game had some funny bugs not game breaking but for some odd reason the things that are supposed to be the easiest such as climbing walls, lock on, jumping/landing can be a frustrating experience. Ex: I want to do a drug bust sounds easy right.....you walk up to the
    This game was a hit and miss in certain areas-

Graphics-Pretty good for a console that has just came out

Bugs- This game had some funny bugs not game breaking but for some odd reason the things that are supposed to be the easiest such as climbing walls, lock on, jumping/landing can be a frustrating experience. Ex: I want to do a drug bust sounds easy right.....you walk up to the goons and try to do a normal attack with the chain on the closet person but since there is a crappy auto lock it locks on the furthest guy which I cant reach, now im in the middle of 4+ goons that are shooting me, i do my smoke escape move and try to climb a wall(that has windows and other items that I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GRAB A HOLD OF) but to my surprise im just doing the whole animation of scaling a flat wall. Keep in mind that Im still getting shot. So now i know i have to fight to survive. Lets start with a jump attack.....WAIT there isnt a normal jumping attack....WTF!!!! Ok i can just use Comet Drop but when i jump i either get caught in some weird jumping motion(usually a potted plant or something small keeps me from actually landing), or i try to catch something to hold onto, or by the slim chance Ill actually do a proper jump and land. These small things are very frustrating

Combat-Garbage compared to BATMAN or even Assassins Creed. There isnt a real jump attack, slide kick, combos, just hit Square over and over with a small mix of X/O. What doesnt make any sense is that for such simple combat mechanics its broken mostly cause theres NO LOCK ON, NO ENEMIES ON THE MINIMAP, NO INDICATOR THAT YOUR ABOUT TO GET SHOT IN THE BACK! I get shot in the back so often its very frustrating that i can see whats behind me and i have no idea what so ever whats going on behind me.

Story- Im over a quater of the way through and i guess its my sense of humor that i dont mind the story. Its not OMG like Halo, Metro, or Batman its just passable like the scripts for those action movies.

Overall Gameplay- With all the bugs and combat issues this would be a game that I would have liked to be able to just run around and thats about it. Bugs and crappy combat mechanics dont make the action fun. Glad to have a DECENT Sandbox game but this is straight mediocre are best!
  67. Apr 12, 2014
    Nice graphics, nice-enough combat system, and great narrative and voice acting. But it's the same thing, over, and over, and over. Same enemies, same buildings, same missions. How this games scores 8+ in reviews baffles my mind.

It's fun for couple of hours, but it's just so empty. I was really bummed how it turned out and really lacked a proper storyline after such a good beginning.
  68. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a fantastic celebration of the PlayStation 4's somewhat powerful hardware. The graphics are beautiful and the game manages to maintain performance and frame rate, even in the most hectic situations. Even it's gameplay feels distinctively smooth, with smoke and neon feeling having fluid movements. However the games aesthetics and solid is hindered by a surprisingly short story, unforgivable repetition and a binary karma system, which could of been designed by a 7 year old.

I think the main problem with Second Son is it's repetitious campaign and side missions. Too many missions rely on you fighting through endless hordes of the same rock enemy, over and over and over. Sucker Punch I applaud you for creating some cool, original powers (Neon,smoke,video) but why didn't you apply these to any of the enemies? Missions would of been more challenging if you threw in enemies with the same or different elemental powers. Why not make it like Pokemon, where a wind conduit fights you and will kick you're ass if you play smoke (because he/she can just blow the smoke away) but if you turn to rock, its much easier. Furthermore, not all missions have to consist of, blowing a generator or tower up. In this day and age, especially with the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 (which isn't a perfect game and undoubtedly had problems) offers a wide range of mission objectives and is more diverse than you and lasts 30 hours longer.

Another issue is the silly, black and white, Pepsi or coke, Marvel or D.C., COD or Battlefield, Dreamworks or Pixar, Playstation or xbox binary and so on binary system. This is next gen folks, a clean slate, time for developers to try new things and have the powerful hardware to back them up and this fails to do anything innovative with a choice mechanic and rather reverts back to the old and tested gimmick of pure pedophilia, baby crushing evil and pure, brown nosing angelic, symbolic of the lord himself, good. In the first game and second it was sorta forgivable, as each power clearly changed and it gave reason go with either play style and offered replay value. But here they don't even make the powers that different. (SPOILER ONWARDS!!!) The morality of outright killing or reveling the villain to the public, isn't as simple as black and white, my first play through was good karma and the that last choice left a sour taste in my mouth, it was rushed, not thought out and lacked Infamous 2's awesome **** ending. Now If i was writing the story, I would of designed the ending to have more than 2 choices, more like 5 or 6... theyd be branching and go like this:

Don't reveal- She stays in charge of Seattle and keeps the conduits safe. They live a sheltered life but without freedom and experience. Also you bargain, for yourself to be left alone, but in this process you're also letting the woman who killed you're brother get away with it.

Reveal that she's a bio-terrorist sympathizer and was keeping conduits locked up for their own benefit. The goverment and her own men might turn on her and she gets fired or killed and her prison for the conduits is taken over by the government- (with the chance of the conduits being experimented on or even executed) Plus you have just condemned a woman, who was trying to help your kind.

Hurt her, badly- Not kill her per-say, rather just inflict alot of damage on her, until shes unable to walk or you cut of her arm or something :') (Of course she has fast healing so this choice would be kinda pointless)

Kill her and leave- You kill her, revenge for your brother and your people she tortured. A satisfying ending, but now you have to consider you've killed a powerful official.... will the DUP ever stop chasing you? They might murder you're whole tribe trying to find you, you'll more than likely live your life on the run... always looking over you're shoulder and can never settle down.

Kill her and take over- Ok, so this one is just in their for the awesome factor.. What if you decided to kill her and take over the DUP. Releasing the conduits and protecting them. However no you've just released potentially angry, extremely powerful people. Who were put in that prison and experimented on by their friends and family because they were rightfully scared. The death-count of innocent civilians could rise dramatically, but you have given the conduits freedom.

I don't know if those choices seemed any better, but it think if they had something like that, it would of been far more satisfying.
  69. Apr 24, 2014
    Muy bueno el juego. Tremendas graficas e imagenes. Demasiado corto y poco desmotivador. Apesar de que la historia tiene mucho potencial, no hizo nada por mi. No recomiendo comprarlo, alquilalo o veelo en youtube.
  70. May 2, 2014
    The game does look great, and the super powers get progressively more enjoyable, but the game involves very frustrating boss battles similar to games from the 90s. The storyline is also somewhat disappointing. There are good dialogue exchanges mixed in, as well as some good humor, but overall the story seems cobbled together to support the game play, as opposed to playing through a realThe game does look great, and the super powers get progressively more enjoyable, but the game involves very frustrating boss battles similar to games from the 90s. The storyline is also somewhat disappointing. There are good dialogue exchanges mixed in, as well as some good humor, but overall the story seems cobbled together to support the game play, as opposed to playing through a real story. That might be fine if this were a true open world game, but it's really a linear story and just doesn't hold up well in the final stretch. I apologize if this is a spoiler, but the game ends with a boss battle and by the time I finished it (after numerous attempts), I was basically so frustrated that I hated the game. Knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have purchased it. Then again, there aren't that many great options for PS4, so it may be worth playing. Expand
  71. Sep 13, 2014
    Fun while it lasts but has an extremely low replay value. Also combat is overly reliant on projectile attacks, and its one of those games where you will find yourself being knocked down every 5 seconds (like force unleashed)
  72. Oct 29, 2014
    The game is more like a tech demo than anything else. The story is uninteresting, the main character is a typical edgy hipster non-conformist type (I guess that's cool these days). The game play is uninteresting and world is lifeless. Moving along
  73. Dec 11, 2014
    Worst game in the series, it feels like it is set in an entirely different universe to the first 2, in every aspect. There is a massive step back in gameplay, you are given multiple boring super powers instead of 1 fleshed out/ good power. The game world is very boring and I often walk through streets with no NPCS or vehicles. But what really killed the game for me is the fact it isWorst game in the series, it feels like it is set in an entirely different universe to the first 2, in every aspect. There is a massive step back in gameplay, you are given multiple boring super powers instead of 1 fleshed out/ good power. The game world is very boring and I often walk through streets with no NPCS or vehicles. But what really killed the game for me is the fact it is boring, repetative and has none of the qualities of previous games in the series. The game just feels really dead in comparison to the last 2, no returning characters, no interesting quests, a boring/short main story, the list goes on. I will give the game credit for its impressive graphics and sound/music. Even though the graphics are realistic , they are very grey and have no colour, in the end they make the game look very dark and depressing. Expand
  74. Apr 2, 2014
    The Good: Creative power set, open world exploration, interesting story and great execution, good sound effects, interesting characters, great animations, interesting use of PS$ motion control

The Bad: limiting gameplay choice (powers) for the two boss fights (I was so annoyed that I was introduced to a half thought out stone power and forced to use it for the last boss fight. Does it make sense to play hours using these interesting powers we enjoyed and invested points in, only to be denied them for the final boss fight? The side missions got repetitive, chase this person, follow this audio signal, blow up that scanner, kill that APC. It was also buggy, every drone got stuck in a light, or on a roof, or on a stair, I fell through floors at the final boss fight numerous times.

Summary- This is an enjoyable game. Yet it bears similarities to games like Saints Row 4, Crack down, and the original infamous. It's nothing original and not much of a wow factor but it's an enjoyable time. Rent it beat it in a week and send it back.
  75. May 11, 2014
    It's an open world game with little replayability.. Yes you can be good or bad and you may want to replay the game as a good character or a bad one but that is not enough for me to go back to it... I played through the game once and after I was done with it, no part of me wanted to go back to it... That is the type of game it is..
    Super powers are cool, graphics are pretty decent but I
    Super powers are cool, graphics are pretty decent but I wouldn't expect too much...
    For a full price game I would say to wait until it comes down in price... If you don't like side missions and could care less then you will be done with the game pretty quickly...
  76. Apr 4, 2014
    Second Son takes the inFamous series in a new direction. Don't expect the traditional 3rd-person cover-based shooter from the previous games. Instead the focus has been shifted to dashing in and out of combat. Don't worry, it's still super fun. Each power you get has it's strengths and weaknesses compared to the others and depending on your karma alignment. Unfortunately, some feel tooSecond Son takes the inFamous series in a new direction. Don't expect the traditional 3rd-person cover-based shooter from the previous games. Instead the focus has been shifted to dashing in and out of combat. Don't worry, it's still super fun. Each power you get has it's strengths and weaknesses compared to the others and depending on your karma alignment. Unfortunately, some feel too weak and others feel too strong. It's up to you to find what you like the most. Rest assured though, moving around the city is incredibly fun, not only are the combat powers different, the traversal powers are too. Second Son really blue balls you with the story. It's extremely short, something that has been happening with each subsequent release of the series. The characters are much more interesting and relatable, but you never see enough of them and they see very little development. Side missions are barely tied to the story, an instance barely varies from the rest of each of its type. The karma system stays black and white, it's never been hard to make a decision, you're a good guy, so you should make the good choice. There's no reason to do otherwise. Not much of the story even changes based on your decisions. Karma plays a part in combat, where you must combo actions differently as good or evil in order to earn a special karmic ability. The game feels real and visceral with great audio-visual (and vibration) feedback. The game is beautifully next-gen. Unfortunately it falls short of a lot of my expectations. The innovations are appreciated, but the rest of the game feels worse than it's predecessors. Expand
  77. May 14, 2014
    There's plenty to be said about the gameplay, but that's not what did this game in for me.

My problem is the God awful story. Now the last two weren't "the last if us" good, but they had style, character motivation, consistent game logic, and cool villains. Not so in this one. Every character feels like they were put there because the formula of a story needed them there. Nobody

Not so in this one. Every character feels like they were put there because the formula of a story needed them there. Nobody feels real. Plot twists occur when they need to for the story but nothing seems to have any justification. And there aren't any rules to how the powers work. The game just uses cores from the old games without explanation and you're restricted from using powers at random when it serves the story. It has the depth of fan fiction.

Such a shame too, because the powers were way cool.
  78. Apr 5, 2014
    Having been a fan f the first two infamous games Second Son was rather disappointing in a number of ways but gets a few things right.

The Good +Looks amazing. +Some genuinely fun powers. The Bad +Seattle while looking amazing doesn't have the diversity of Empire city or New Marais and lacks diverse locations. +DUP are dull compared to the factions of infamous or the militia,

The Good
    +Looks amazing.
    +Some genuinely fun powers.

The Bad
    +DUP are dull compared to the factions of infamous or the militia, mutants and conduits of Infamous 2.
    + Good and Evil decisions are kinda bland and the story is very cliched.
    +Delsin is really annoying.
    +Repetitive side missions.

Overall as an Infamous fan I was expecting it to be more pulp like as the first two infamous games were pure comic book fun while Second Son to me is just dull. A shame as I was really looking forward to it but it is definitely a case of first gen looks with last gen gameplay
  79. Apr 6, 2014
    This game could not hold my interest. Overall, nothing new or engaging here. I can forgive a game a lot if the story is interesting. This one is ok, but not great. What killed the game for me are the boss fights. What a trope. Such a boring aspect of gaming. I don't play games to get frustrated. I gave this game a real chance, but it blew it. Sold it.
  80. Jun 2, 2014
    Infamous second son is, in many ways a game that wants to be something amazing, but falls flat in certain parts.

While visually amazing and at times quite fun and entertaining, it loses its steam through cliche characters, an extremely dull and annoying main protagonist, repetitive game-play and a world that seems to fall flat. Don't get me wrong, infamous second son is a good game,

Don't get me wrong, infamous second son is a good game, but its just not a great game.
    It has the illusion of being an open world; however turns out to be just a big playground for destroying whatever gets in you way and becomes nothing more.
  81. Apr 5, 2014
    Infamous is a series I am proud to say is one of my all time favorite series, however, I was afraid that this would be a game with one-too-many sequels, inevitably bringing it to it's own fall; maybe it was complete lack of expectation - but this game was surprisingly good.
    PROS:
    PROS:
    +They have some wonderfully written characters. For example, you get a strong brotherly bond between Reggie and Delson.
    +The game is beautiful - a game, like The Last of Us, silences boastful PC fascists.
    +The AI is one a lot of other game developers should study. It felt surprisingly realistic, and two steps ahead of it's predecessors.
    +Multiple powers all carry their own independent sense of extreme power while still maintaining a sense of agility. Shards are much easier to find and seem to hold more use when they have the potential to unlock a myriad of abilities.
    +Executes open-world well.
    CONS:
    -The choice system was incredibly black-and-white: right away they throw a convincing character into an evil situation and he becomes dreadfully unbelievable! You're exposed to a gentle, humorous and kind young man, and then the game wants you to believe this lovable soul has the emotional capability of killing innocent people. Yeah, right...
    -They could have done a lot of things with some characters that quickly disappeared (Betty, Fetch, etc.).
    -While Reggie is almost as lovable as Delson, he seems to be their only as weight for the bland decision making; again, falling to the evil situation, why would a cop let his brother do evil things - and still support him? The character writing backfires, were it's previous titles had flawless decision making, and believable characters on both sides of the road.
    -Both endings are garbage, sorry.
    I guess the bottom line is if you're looking for a open-world superhero game - or just an Infamous fan - you should by this game, but I wouldn't even come close to saying it's worth picking up a PS4 for.
  82. Apr 16, 2014
    This time, mainly thanks to graphics tech, the city - Seattle is more diverse and dimensional than New Orleans in Infamous 2, but still lack of vitality. I am still disappointed with the fact that there is almost no inside-building elements, the casual things you can do are very limited only with side missions so repetitive, and citizens are pretty dumb and mindless. If dev could createThis time, mainly thanks to graphics tech, the city - Seattle is more diverse and dimensional than New Orleans in Infamous 2, but still lack of vitality. I am still disappointed with the fact that there is almost no inside-building elements, the casual things you can do are very limited only with side missions so repetitive, and citizens are pretty dumb and mindless. If dev could create 20-30 unique side missions with characteristic citizens sprinkled on the city, the city could be much vivid.

A good thing about the city is its changeable atmosphere during storying going, not automatically. There are rain, fog, sun day, dawn, noon, dusk and night, which are very contrasted one another and immersing.

The story is childish, but telling is smooth. Main missions still can't escape me a feeling of going from one checkpoint to another and doing the similar things agin and again.

Some other things i like are Doodle, climbing on Space Needle and insane power, which will be lift in my mind for a while. But it is so regretting that the city is hardly destroyable, or ranged power could be much much more enjoyable.
    I give the game around 6.5/10, compared to Infamous 2.
  83. May 11, 2014
    DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOUR USED TO CRAP CONSOLE PORTS AND DON'T MIND! (Seach for Infamous Second Son Stuttering, and if you can take that happening throughout the game, then buy it)

Infamous Second Son is a real pleasure to look at. I mean it is just beautiful. This and Killzone Shadow Fall are the best two looking games on PS4. Killzone Shadow Fall is still the king of graphics though and it's miles more fluid.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: I do notice a LOT of judder, being that the game isn't capped at 30 FPS, instead it goes from 30-45 from time to time causing a TERRIBLE stutter when running really fast and also moving the camera around really fast. It also has horrid looking texture pop-in, that also causes a stutter in the game. Personally I think it makes the game UNPLAYABLE. But I'm a PC gamer. But for those of you who don't mind gamebreaking stuttering and are used to playing crap console ports and don't mind(I know a lot of you won't see this cause you don't care about this), I'll continue my review like this doesn't exist.

The gameplay is fun. I think it's so much fun to run around with all these super powered and blast people apart, or save them. And the difficulty on "Normal" is JUST right I think. I heard at the last minute they increased it just a bit. So you don't feel too over powered in the game. But you do have to retreat to gain health every now and then and you will find yourself dying if you aren't really trying your best to retreat and regain health.

The game is also long enough to keep you engaged for quite a while. I've been playing since Tuesday and it's Thursday today and I am just a little past getting the second power out of the 4 powers you get. I've played about 4 hours per day for 2 days, so I'm 8 hours in and less than half way through. They say the game takes 10-15 hours to complete the story mode. But personally I can see this game taking me about 15 hours for full completion. And then I'll probably still roam around more or complete the "Evil" version of the game.

Now with such a great job they did creating the city, and Delsin, and his powers, I figured they'd have A LOT more to do in this game, but besides the story, and unlocking the city from DUP, there isn't hardly anything to do that's the least bit fun. It's not remotely close to GTAV as for things to do, you can tell this game only took 2 years to make and not 3-4. Hopefully Watch Dogs has a LOT more to do.

Graphics 10/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Storytelling 7/10
    Game Longevity 7/10
    Game Smoothness/Play ability 0/10

OVERALL: Infamous Second Son SHOULD be a solid 8/10 game, but because of technical issues that have NOTHING to do with my PS4 or the disc(I know because I returned my PS4 and the disk and it still happens), the game is pretty much unplayable, even Sucker Punch admits this problem but says it has to do with the engine and they can't fix it.
  84. May 24, 2014
    Most of what made the original inFamous and its sequel so unique and fun have been completely left out of this installment. What's left is a nice looking, competent action game that offers nothing more than 12 hours of "shooting a bunch of bad guys". A major disappointment in nearly every regard, it's confounding that Sucker Punch would dismantle the franchise in such an epic way. It'sMost of what made the original inFamous and its sequel so unique and fun have been completely left out of this installment. What's left is a nice looking, competent action game that offers nothing more than 12 hours of "shooting a bunch of bad guys". A major disappointment in nearly every regard, it's confounding that Sucker Punch would dismantle the franchise in such an epic way. It's not "more of the same" inFamous, it's far, far, less of something vaguely similar. If you were a fan of the first 2 games, there is very little here to enjoy. I would wager that you're actually going to be heartbroken, much like I was.

The original InFamous still remains one of my favorite games in the genre. The free-running traversal of a beautifully crafted environment and emphasis on collection made exploring the environments a joy and worthwhile. It could (and should) be argued that the franchise was so much fun not just because of the "super powers" but because exploring the open world was a compelling experience. What Second Son offers is a graphically beautiful rendition of Seattle with absolutely no reason to explore it.

You won't be climbing up and jumping around buildings in fantastic displays of athleticism looking for treasures and leaping around town. This just isn't that game, that mechanic has been more or less completely omitted. You won't be facing a multitude of exciting and different enemies, there are only two types: Soldiers and drug dealers. Missions are repetitive, laborious and require a great deal of time running away from enemies to recharge instead of facing them head-on. Unlike the first two titles, finding recharge stations is much more difficult and frustrating.

What's left is a very average action game that offers no appeal other than the scenery which you'll have no reason to explore. Your enjoyment of the game will come down to what you liked about the original titles. If you weren't fond of the locomotion and collection aspects and simply had fun mindlessly shooting enemies with something other then bullets, you may well enjoy Second Son. If you valued the core gameplay mechanics of the first two titles and accompanying artistic direction, prepare for an unrivaled let down in every regard and another 4 year wait in hopes that Sucker Punch can restore some of what made the original such a joy.

I want to rate the game a 0 as I have no reason to spend time playing it and am, frankly, so very, very sad. However, I want to remain objective and rate the game accordingly. It's technically proficient, the voice acting is very good and the controls are solid. Average in every regard and a major let down for fans of the series.
  85. Apr 21, 2014
    If you've played previous inFamous games you'll know exactly what you're in for. You'll have some other powers, but gameplay wise it's still very much the same. The game looks next gen and the controls are very smooth once you get the hang of them. The developers tried to use the new features of the Dualshock 4 to give the player more immersion, like using the controller as a spray can andIf you've played previous inFamous games you'll know exactly what you're in for. You'll have some other powers, but gameplay wise it's still very much the same. The game looks next gen and the controls are very smooth once you get the hang of them. The developers tried to use the new features of the Dualshock 4 to give the player more immersion, like using the controller as a spray can and using your fingertip to identify yourself at checkpoints. The game is running smoothly and I've noticed only a few framedrops when the action got a little bit too crazy. but nothing to be alarmed by.

In inFamous Second Son you play as Delsin, an unlikable guy who gets superpowers by touching other "conduits" (that's people with superpowers). There are 4 powers to be gained throughout the story, each with some unique abilities. However, these unique abilities are not enough to keep things fresh and you'll soon stick to your favourite power. The game sometimes forces you to use a specific power to proceed, but mostly you can choose which power you want to use. It's is fun to mix things up, but you can't combine powers for different combo's as you'll need to find a power source to change powers.

The story is paperthin and the main character is an unlikable dickhead. The gameplay makes up for a lot, but it does get repetitive. The story isn't that long either and it'll be over before you know it. You can play the game again making different choices, but it doesn't chance the experience that much.

As one of Sony's flagship franchices I expected a bit more. Second Son plays it by the book and delivers a polished game, but it doesn't really do anything new and it doesn't set the bar for years to come. At a price point of $69,99 I wouldn't pick it up a second time. Get it once it's cheaper or wait for it on PlayStation Plus.
  86. May 20, 2014
    Great to look at and the game-play is also really good. The only thing is that for me is not working, is that I can get hardly connected to the characters. The story seems a bit too boring for me.
  87. May 27, 2014
    This game was more of the "been there, done that" as every other open world game so far. The graphics are impressive, but that's where the good stops.

The main character is boring, and a bit of an ass. The story is shallow and does nothing to pull you in, or even make you care about it's characters. Then you get to the game play. The new powers are fun for the first few minutes you have them, but then you realize that even with these powers you are STILL under powered no matter how high up you level them. the same enemies that gave you trouble with your first set will still give you trouble with the "powerful" third set. Add in the repetitive, boring mini missions you have to do for every single subsection of a REALLY dull and uninteresting city, and you have yourself a nice shiny repeat of the first InFamous game. Once you played the game for about an hour you pretty much have played the whole game.
  88. May 17, 2015
    I love the Infamous franchise. They are all fun, and prove that a game does not have to be rated M to be successful. Second Son is not the best of the franchise, but I loved it. If your a die hard fan of the old games, you may find that this installment doesn't set the same mood as the previous games with Cole Magrath. Luckily I played Second Son first. The story is good, maybe dull orI love the Infamous franchise. They are all fun, and prove that a game does not have to be rated M to be successful. Second Son is not the best of the franchise, but I loved it. If your a die hard fan of the old games, you may find that this installment doesn't set the same mood as the previous games with Cole Magrath. Luckily I played Second Son first. The story is good, maybe dull or lacking in small areas. The side missions in this game are not as fun as the ones in the older games. Also your main character can seem cliché, but all of the characters still feel real. They did an excellent job on the characters. The powers, maybe not. I won't reveal too much but the powers are strange. I found that only 1 of the 4 I ever liked. So how do I still give this game a 9 even though I have listed many cons. Because those cons are minisquelle, compared to the great and enjoyable content of this game. You have to play it. It is one of those games that you won't be satisfied with until you beat it more than once and complete every side mission and collectible at least once. The graphics are amazingly beautiful and has a unique style. Something about the textures and face that confuse you whether it is a movie or a game. Very few games even attempt this effect nowadays. Please. Try it. You won't regret it. Expand
  89. Mar 22, 2014
    Great game from start to finish I wasn't to sure about the new character delsin rowe at first but over time u start to like him the graphics and gameplay are pretty awesome and the story is good I don't think its better than the first two but its a great game nonetheless I definitely recommend it if u own a PS4
  90. Mar 25, 2014
    The first game, for me, that shows what the PS4 can do, at this early stage of the console's life with a lot of promise...and questions...to come. But Second Son is a great game for play-ability, an engaging story with witty and smart writing and very well done cutscenes that'll have you rubbing your eyes in the realism of the facial expressions, even if characters do still move likeThe first game, for me, that shows what the PS4 can do, at this early stage of the console's life with a lot of promise...and questions...to come. But Second Son is a great game for play-ability, an engaging story with witty and smart writing and very well done cutscenes that'll have you rubbing your eyes in the realism of the facial expressions, even if characters do still move like they've had a stroke sometimes.

The Infamous series has been an equal mix of the ambitious and the pedestrian, and SS is no real exception to that. Let me splain. First off, we've got to the 3rd game in the series and the protagonist may actually have an excuse to have the parkour/free-running skills that the bike messenger of the first game was supposed to have, but not really. Just like, for example, Assassin's Creed II is to have you believe Ezio didn't need any real training to do most of what he does in AC II, then the Infamous games just get you right into the action. Second Son is light on the tutorial part as well, which is welcome, but it still has to do the whole "see, he can get around the countryside like a Tomb Raider, see?" and there is a VERY brief moment of panic from Delsin Rowe when he first gets powered up, then he quickly sees the advantage of what he's got now and cool, we can move on. What is also contrived is when and how Delsin acquires new powers and upgrades as well as blast shards, which just so happen to be the same things from the first two games, but they appear here from a totally different method. These are arbitrary game design decisions to get you powers when they want you to, but to also let you get a few powers in quick succession so you can have a good time playing the game. What I'm getting to is the game never lets you forget i'ts a game, but at the same time wants you to care about the story, the characters and immerse you in the environment. But some issues with gameplay do hinder this ambitious objective.

First off, the free running/parkour stuff is a bit loose and not as fun and smooth as the first two games for some reason. I don't remember having this much trouble getting around Empire City or New Marais. In fact, the (spoiler) neon power of just running up buildings and the smoke power of using vents almost seems like a fix for this issue as much as fun elements. Also, fighting enemies, of which the variety is low, seems awkward and hurly burly. Some enemies can launch themselves out of nowhere to slam into you and the environments are often so BUSY with civilians, cars and other detail in the background it's often hard to pick out enemies in the scrums, especially if you're paying as Good and want to not kill the peeps. Some attacks that stun enemies can help with crowd control, but again, these attacks as well as the BIG attacks you earn for karma streaks seem like solutions to problems as much as an enjoyment.

Ironically once of the biggest issues is the level of graphical detail and lighting. Quite a bit of the game takes place mid-afternoon...although since it's also an open world game, meaning you can spend dozens of hours with time basically frozen (another contrived element in Infamous rather than day/night cycles...it's an open world game, but in which certain story sections take place a certain times of day/night, which has never worked for me in this series) ...but with heavy shadows, that creates a dim, muddy palette in which some enemies are just shadows. Also, how much realism should we have in these next-gen games? I'm sure the Devs appreciate the "meh, too short, I'll wait until it's $30" stuff I've seen out there. But I'm wondering if the level of detail, which in this game is pretty shocking, I mean this game is a labor of love people, and the bar is set very high now...but I'm wondering if things like lighting and level of detail in the sense of saturation of objects isn't getting in the way of making a great video game.

All that relative nit-picking out of the way, the game is great fun, the power options, letting you choose different powers pretty much on the fly most of the time that do have some uniqueness to them, the level of immersion that is here, the interesting characters, the tagging, the voice acting, just the sheer effort that went into this game, etc. This is a great game, maybe not the "have to have PS4 now" game it wanted to be, but a success with just a few issues to keep it from being a 10 for me.
  91. Mar 25, 2014
    This is the most beautiful looking game I have played since Last of Us on PS3. The scenery and colors are amazing looking. The game play is great as well. It has humor and hardship.
  92. Mar 23, 2014
    The best parts about this game are the graphics, the explosions, the action, and the graphics. The graphics really show what next-gen (current-gen now) have to offer. If you want a game to show off your new PS4 to your friends, this is it. The game play works very well in my opinion. The game is responsive, and it's a very enjoyable experience to blow up everything the D.U.P. has to offer.The best parts about this game are the graphics, the explosions, the action, and the graphics. The graphics really show what next-gen (current-gen now) have to offer. If you want a game to show off your new PS4 to your friends, this is it. The game play works very well in my opinion. The game is responsive, and it's a very enjoyable experience to blow up everything the D.U.P. has to offer. But this gets old after a while. You start to just do the same things over and over again. This is InFamous Second Son's largest problem, repetitiveness. Very similar missions and tasks are repeated many times. While I never got completely bored of the game, it became more of a chore towards the end. When playing a game, you should not want the game to end, you should want to keep on coming back for more. Story wise, this game is kind of a letdown. There was a lot of potential, but it wasn't fulfilled. At the very beginning, the game does a great job of setting up Delsin and his companions. The middle of the game has a loose story, but most of the time all you know is that you need to blow something up, or catch someone. If the middle of the game had more cut scenes, this could have been avoided, but almost all of the cutscenes are at the beginning, with a few towards the end as well. I know I have said it already, but the environments are absolutely beautiful. Seattle seems alive, but at the same time, very dull. There are many characters roaming the streets, but none of them are very smart, using the same animations and dialogue over and over again. This takes away from the realism of Seattle. There aren't very many memorable locations either. This creates an unmemorable experience for a lot of the game. The powers that Delsin uses look absolutely amazing and are a blast to use. Learning new abilities are what keep me coming back to the game, which makes the game difficult to play more than once. So far I've only played the evil side of Delsin. While there are minor changes on the good side story wise, there are very few power wise. Generally, everything is the same. This makes the game a one time play through, until you have forgotten some of the story and feel like playing again. The main story probably takes about 10 hours to complete, not including side missions. For some, that may not be worth $60. If you are a big fan of open world superhero games, want something to show off your new PS4 with, or just need a game to play on PS4, you will probably enjoy this game. I fit into a couple of those categories, which is why I gave InFamous Second Son a 9/10. Expand
  93. Mar 24, 2014
    So far I love the game. I am a huge fan of the series so I am biased but I can genuinely say infamous second son is the reason I bought a ps4. The positives:
    game play is smooth, the particles are beautiful, I noticed zero clipping, the frame rate did not drop (it is 30) even during chaotic fights, the AI is intelligent and very mobile (DUP soldiers especially) and finally the powers are diverse.

the negatives:
    diverse side missions that effected karma in the first two games have been really stripped down to like two or three in second son, the enemy variety isn't as good as the first two games in which you had to combat multiple factions. I second son you have: the DUP, drug dealers, cops, and gangsters. The last three are no where near as dynamic to fight as the DUP, however, there are times when you are fighting the DUP plus one more two of the other groups so that makes it more interesting. My last negative has to deal with one of the powers, the last one you get ( before dlc anyway). The last power feels stripped down compaired to the others. There have even been cases of animations errors with this particular powerset. Hopefully sucker punch will improve on it with patches and even dlc.
  94. Mar 25, 2014
    For a console with so few titles this game is good. I think it could have been better if they put more into it. The story is short , I finished in one day and the side mission are boring and repetitive.. The powers are pretty cool and different then anything ive ever seen. If it was me Id get it if your tired of the other games but dont expect it to blow your mind.
  95. Aug 12, 2014
    This game is just... nothing. It has nothing to do with the first two chapters, having a story that doesn't follow the main storyline.
    From my point of view it has only good graphics, but the amount of powers is highly reduced -yes, you have different kinds of powers, but they all do the same things in a slightly different way, come on, some bring some variety!
    The game is very short and
    The game is very short and the story is not catching, it's just... Nothing special.
  96. Nov 14, 2014
    A terrible storyline punctuated with annoying characters and infuriatingly bland and repetitive gameplay make Infamous Second Son one of the worst and most dull sandbox games I've played in a long time. This is not a good launch title by any means and a massive step down in the series.
  97. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed this entry in the infamous series. Amazing graphics and smooth fps are just examples of how amazing this was. The 4 powers used in the game were original and fun to use. Combat is fun but annoying at times and the story was pretty predictable but the gameplay was outstanding. Really great game. reccomended for all PS4 owners Expand
  98. Mar 22, 2014
    Smooth action. Outstanding Graphics. The game is just fun to play. I got lost with in an hour with side objectives and clearing zones. The emotion in the facial reactions is outstanding. I generally felt bad after a few evil choices and actually started going with the good choices. Is the game a perfect 10? Well, no, the combat can be a little jumpy. The story is predictable in someSmooth action. Outstanding Graphics. The game is just fun to play. I got lost with in an hour with side objectives and clearing zones. The emotion in the facial reactions is outstanding. I generally felt bad after a few evil choices and actually started going with the good choices. Is the game a perfect 10? Well, no, the combat can be a little jumpy. The story is predictable in some areas. Over all I just enjoy playing this game. Great addition to any library. Expand
  99. Mar 22, 2014
    THIS REVIEW IS NOT ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF. We all know it looks great. Seattle's open world looks good. The story is a bit bland. It doesn't get me invested into Deslin. The fighting starts to get a little boring. Ya the powers are cool and look great but how many times can you do the same moves? I can't compare it to the other infamous games because I didn't play those. It's openTHIS REVIEW IS NOT ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF. We all know it looks great. Seattle's open world looks good. The story is a bit bland. It doesn't get me invested into Deslin. The fighting starts to get a little boring. Ya the powers are cool and look great but how many times can you do the same moves? I can't compare it to the other infamous games because I didn't play those. It's open world but not open world GTA5. You can go anywhere but you don't interact with the people all that much. You can kill them and they will run away. I just feel like something is missing. Not sure what. Overall it's a good not great game. Expand
  100. Mar 24, 2014
    This game in my opinion nailed Next gen requirements. The visual effects from rain drops, to lighting, and even seeing reflections in the puddles on the ground are nothing short of breath taking greatness. It truly showed off beautiful art styles and design that you will not see in many games. The story did a great job at bringing infamous back to life and I felt more connected to DelsinThis game in my opinion nailed Next gen requirements. The visual effects from rain drops, to lighting, and even seeing reflections in the puddles on the ground are nothing short of breath taking greatness. It truly showed off beautiful art styles and design that you will not see in many games. The story did a great job at bringing infamous back to life and I felt more connected to Delsin from his witty sarcastic charm. The bonus content in the Collectors edition which gave you brief insight to how the conduits survived was welcomed, but felt a little short and craving for more development. So let us get right to it.
    The Good:
    Great story kept you looking forward to the next mission and power, unraveling what was the next step.
    Beautiful graphics. Any of the people who say Titan Fall has better graphics are talking bananas to pineapples. You can't compare the two because they are on different scales.
    Amazing powers, each felt unique and tailored to using in different circumstances or using whatever is readily available.
    Character Development was spot on and gave you a feeling of caring for what happen's to group like you did in the other 2 games.
    I personally enjoyed the fact that side missions blended together with the game allowing you to complete everything without truly realizing it.
    The bad:
    The parkour jumping system seemed a little buggy and broken at times really frustrating and eventually it just seemed better to use a power to get to the top of a building.
    The side missions were a little repetitive as far as what to collect how to clear areas and what not.
    The Cole Legacy missions felt short and a little rushed made it hard to engage in the story when you got cut off at the knees so quickly.
    Frustrating that when you absorb a power and are almost done that if you get hit you would lose everything and have to try again.

Verdict Overall a great game and really enjoyable. Will definitely help people get their fill of Infamous while waiting for a possible third game. A must buy for fans of the series and for PS4 owners.

1. Jun 28, 2014
    It definitely isn’t one of those games you talk about years after its release, but it showcases PS4’s capabilities well and in contrast to Killzone: Shadow Fall also does something else – guarantees fun from the beginning till the end. [CD-Action 05/2014, p.58]
    Fun romp, beautifully rendered and executed. Fantastic superpowers make up for the lack of depth. [Issue#241]
  3. May 11, 2014
    inFamous: Second Son is not a bad sandbox game at all! Serves as an interlude while waiting the heavy hitters to arrive. [Apr 2014]