inFamous: Second Son PlayStation 4

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 21, 2014
8.1

1. Mar 22, 2014
    The big reason i got the ps4 turned out awesome. The graphics are great, the AI is good and the story is exactly what i would've expected it to be. There's also tons of stuff to do just cruisin around Seattle. Unfortunately, i feel like there aren't enough evil/good powers. The different sides of the games does present different story perspectives, but the powers only get modified a bit. IThe big reason i got the ps4 turned out awesome. The graphics are great, the AI is good and the story is exactly what i would've expected it to be. There's also tons of stuff to do just cruisin around Seattle. Unfortunately, i feel like there aren't enough evil/good powers. The different sides of the games does present different story perspectives, but the powers only get modified a bit. I would've wanted more radical changes in power between evil and good (like the sulfur bomb turning into a flame bomb or something, not added range or longer bursts). SPOILER!!! Also, i feel that neon and smoke were thoroughly made, while video and concrete felt like they were of no use at all. Expand
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    Wow just Wow! This game showcases what the ps4 is capable of. Its gorgeous, plays great and the attention to detail and particle effects are INSANE. The story is good so far and the powers are varied and fun to use (I only have smoke and Neon). Not sure about the replayability though it looks like it can get repetititve after being beat but with two paths to follow good and evil, its likeWow just Wow! This game showcases what the ps4 is capable of. Its gorgeous, plays great and the attention to detail and particle effects are INSANE. The story is good so far and the powers are varied and fun to use (I only have smoke and Neon). Not sure about the replayability though it looks like it can get repetititve after being beat but with two paths to follow good and evil, its like playing two seperate games. Dont listen to hate basing reviews or ppl who say this game sucks or is ugly. They are not true the game is not perfect but it sure is fun and beautiful. I definitely recommend this game to any ps4 owner. Its the best looking and most fun ps4 game to date imo. Enjoy your power. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    This is a good game that is nowhere near original in what it does. It's probably the best game on the system but it's not good enough to sell the system outright. There's alot to love here with the lovely graphics and the wonderful acting done by guys like Troy Baker, who does a stellar job as the main character Delsin Rowe. However this game just really suffers from the "same old, sameThis is a good game that is nowhere near original in what it does. It's probably the best game on the system but it's not good enough to sell the system outright. There's alot to love here with the lovely graphics and the wonderful acting done by guys like Troy Baker, who does a stellar job as the main character Delsin Rowe. However this game just really suffers from the "same old, same old" problem. It does nothing different than the first two games did and it does nothing different from any game like this out there. It doesn't set itself apart from other games like this beyond the fact that it's on a next-gen console. It is alot of fun and very enjoyable but, even getting 100% in the world is not that difficult. It's a fun game that deserves to be played if you have the system already. But this is not the type of game that sells the system, as it's trying to be billed as right now. This is a AAA game that looks pretty but will soon be forgotten once more games are released for the console. But there's alot to be said about how fun it is and that's why I gave it the score I did. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2014
    After seeing some mixed reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. On the other hand I knew that a lot of people didn't like the first three games and that there would be trolls knocking it as people do exclusives these days.

As other reviews have said, if you liked the others, you will most likely like this one. The powers offer a nice change up to the game play and makes the experience fresh and precise. Deslin is far more likable than I thought he would be and the story is quite good too.

I have to say that the only down side is that the city, being based off of a real city, just is not as good as Empire City. Which, in all honesty isn't too bad seeing as in my opinion, neither was New Marais and again, in my opinion Sucker Punches Seattle is gorgeous and better than New Marais was.

So to recap: If you were a fan, you will like it! So that's great news for people like me. The graphics are great, performance is good.

I'm giving this a 9 because I feel that it deserves in between a 8/9 as a fan. It's better than Infamous 2 but still no infamous 1 (Although the game play is the best the series has offered.) I will not stoop to giving it a 10 just to fight off the trolls scoring the game low.
  5. Mar 21, 2014
    Beautiful game with open and living world. Graphics of the game in one world is just amazing, it shows true power of current gent console. Story line was never strongest part of the series, but if you want to play a game with great and long story you should play RPG or jRPG game. Game gives a lot of fun. I like the way it uses touch pad. Definitively best game so far in ps4 portfolio.Beautiful game with open and living world. Graphics of the game in one world is just amazing, it shows true power of current gent console. Story line was never strongest part of the series, but if you want to play a game with great and long story you should play RPG or jRPG game. Game gives a lot of fun. I like the way it uses touch pad. Definitively best game so far in ps4 portfolio. Must have and must play. Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    This games great visuals and sound design take center stage here. In short they are amazing. The gameplay is tried and true, and there's nothing wrong with that. The only major complaint I have with the game is that as you get later into the game, you'll notice very little variety in the mission structure or side quests. Still, this is a great game that every PS4 owner should look into.
  7. Mar 21, 2014
    This game controls absolutely flawlessly and while the story may lack a bit behind its still an amazing showing. The graphics as far as the cityscape and the powers look amazing and always impress no matter how many times you use them. Obviously this has to be a must buy and not even because there is a lack of games atm, just because its a great game.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    InFamous Second Son is the best in it's series so far. With immersive, varied powers, and a good/evil storyline, this is a must-have for ps4 gamers. The detail in the environments is tremendous, and the overall production value of the game is top notch. Of course there are downsides to the game such as a slightly muddled plot-line, but the overall experience makes up for that to create aInFamous Second Son is the best in it's series so far. With immersive, varied powers, and a good/evil storyline, this is a must-have for ps4 gamers. The detail in the environments is tremendous, and the overall production value of the game is top notch. Of course there are downsides to the game such as a slightly muddled plot-line, but the overall experience makes up for that to create a fantastic superhero title. Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous is ALWAYS a game seen as mediocre, when in fact its the exact opposite of that it is amazing. From the characters to the smooth flow of platforming and the beautiful visual experience. The game is totally new from the previous 2 and still lovers of the previous games are bound to enjoy this. What I like most about it is the fact that we can see the developers put their passionInfamous is ALWAYS a game seen as mediocre, when in fact its the exact opposite of that it is amazing. From the characters to the smooth flow of platforming and the beautiful visual experience. The game is totally new from the previous 2 and still lovers of the previous games are bound to enjoy this. What I like most about it is the fact that we can see the developers put their passion into this game and produce something totally unique and always an amazing experience worth every cent of the full R.R.P. Also you can play it twice because you can go evil or good and this alters the story line (although these choices aren't exactly too accurate)

Aside from a few problems this game is a SOLID 8.5-9
  10. Mar 21, 2014
    If you're a fan of Infamous, this game will not disappoint. Story and gameplay wise, it is the best in the series in my opinion. They've upped the quality of the voice acting, story telling and presentation.

Graphically, this game is a show piece for the PS4. It is undoubtedly the best looking console game I've seen, and it's open world! Considering they achieved this within months of the PS4's launch, the PS4's future is bright.

Playing the other Infamous titles isn't necessary, so I highly recommend this for everyone. But do play the other Infamous games if you enjoyed this.
  11. Mar 21, 2014
    The graphics are stunning, the combat is fun and fluid and some of the dialog is genuinely funny. My only fault with the game so far is that I feel the story is not as interesting or engaging as the previous 2 games which is a shame since the story is one of the things I loved before.
  12. Mar 21, 2014
    Pros
    -Definitely amazing visuals (especially light effects and particles)
    -Roaming in Seattle is fun and impressive -Skill animations are great. -Story is not that bad in contrast to other game's so called "sequels". -İndividual char. are unique. -Combat is diverse and fluent and so much fun!!! Cons -Main character is not that likeable -Other characters effects story limitedly..
    Pros
    -Definitely amazing visuals (especially light effects and particles)
    -Roaming in Seattle is fun and impressive
    -Skill animations are great.
    -Story is not that bad in contrast to other game's so called "sequels".
    -İndividual char. are unique.
    -Combat is diverse and fluent and so much fun!!!
    Cons
    -Main character is not that likeable
    -Other characters effects story limitedly.. they forget to incorporate their existence..
  13. Mar 21, 2014
    Excellent entry in a great series, with fantastic graphics and incredibly fun gameplay! There seems to be a lot of complaints regarding the main character being negative, this in no way impacts the fun there is to be had in this excellent sandbox!
  14. Mar 21, 2014
    Never been a fan of infamous but playing this game has changed me, amazing graphics, great story line and great gameplay, I recommend this game to anyone who has a playstation 4, but I still can't get over how amazing the game looks, so far the best game I played 2014!

I'm owner of both Xbox one and Playstation 4, I'm not a fan boy from any side
  15. Mar 21, 2014
    Buttery smooth action, intelligent AI, well written story and script, decent choices to make, beautiful graphics, vibrant city. Each infamous seems to improve on the last. Well worth the money.
  16. Mar 21, 2014
    Great story, gameplay and graphics. What else can you ask for in a game? If you own a PS4, this game is a must buy. And if you don't own a PS4, it's definitely worth getting one just to be able to play this game. It's that good.
  17. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous second son has a great story and the graphics really look good, it's a shame other consoles struggle to have good graphics in a game.
    If your one for a good story, fun gameplay and great graphics then buy Infamous.

If you prefer a shooter with 7 maps and no depth whatsoever then buy something else.
  18. Mar 21, 2014
    This Game is truly a showcase of what the "Next-Gen" is capable.
    Its an impressive improvement over its predecessors and a lot of fun for all PS4 owners.
    The replay value is very high due to the different decisions made by the player.
  19. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous: Second Son is a phenomenal game, and a must-play for any PlayStation 4 owner. If you don’t own a PS4, it’s worth buying one now, just to play second son. If you’re looking for an action open-world game with lots of side quests, a satisfying story told through groundbreaking animation, and you like the TV Series Heroes, with a lot of superpowers, Infamous: Second Son has it all.
  20. Mar 21, 2014
    It may not be the best story in a game, but for the money, it is certainly worth it. The opening screams "WELCOME TO NEXT-GEN!" and the graphics only get better. The attention to detail would be enough to justify this game existing, but the combat is ridiculously fun, and getting around the gorgeously rendered Seattle is a dream. It might not be the first next-gen graphics showcase, likeIt may not be the best story in a game, but for the money, it is certainly worth it. The opening screams "WELCOME TO NEXT-GEN!" and the graphics only get better. The attention to detail would be enough to justify this game existing, but the combat is ridiculously fun, and getting around the gorgeously rendered Seattle is a dream. It might not be the first next-gen graphics showcase, like Killzone, but damn, it is certainly the first PS4 exclusive that justifies spending the money for it, and it is most definitely worth it. Expand
  21. Mar 21, 2014
    The game is a gem no doubt about it. Just when you see something you dont lke or get tired of the game addresses it right away. Slow climbing? here you go have some vents. Tired of dispersing baddies? heres a brand new arsenal of powers. Not to mention the awesome voice acting Troy Baker gives which is A+
  22. Mar 21, 2014
    A true Infamous game and the first game which truly let's next gen shine! Incredible graphics which put any PC game to shame, impressive effects and very fluid gameplay. Some people don't seem to like Delsin but to me Sucker Punch did a great job in portraying him as a young adult which still is not very stable so he could easily fall to both sides, the good or the bad one, depending onA true Infamous game and the first game which truly let's next gen shine! Incredible graphics which put any PC game to shame, impressive effects and very fluid gameplay. Some people don't seem to like Delsin but to me Sucker Punch did a great job in portraying him as a young adult which still is not very stable so he could easily fall to both sides, the good or the bad one, depending on his own decisions. I for my part liked the story even though it is no The Last Of Us For sure (not gonna spoil anything). It easily is Sucker Punchs best try on the formula yet. I really don't get a lot of these so called "professional" reviewers these days. If you liked the Infamous games before you will love this! Expand
  23. Mar 21, 2014
    The Best of ...

• Graphically sublime: one of the best games seen in PS4 so far. • City beautiful and meticulously detailed. Day or night, it will be a feast for your eyes. Properly exploits the potential of PS4. • varied and well designed with marked differences between them, a feature that provides freshness to the gameplay because you can experiment with your own combinations
    The Best of ...

• Graphically sublime: one of the best games seen in PS4 so far.

• varied and well designed with marked differences between them, a feature that provides freshness to the gameplay because you can experiment with your own combinations Powers.

• Good level of challenge and difficulty, especially in expert mode.

• flawless from the Presentation menu to credits.

• Paragraph neat sound and soundtrack that fits perfectly with the plot and the events of the game.

The worst ...

• Although its history is appropriate, consider that it was able to overcome what we saw in the first two titles in the series.

• Plenty to do in the city, however, some of the side missions might feel repetitive over several hours of play
  24. Mar 21, 2014
    Wow, this game is awesome. Graphics are beautiful and well detailed, and the super powers are just kick-ass! It's a pretty fun game and I like how you can choose to be good or evil. If you have a PS4, just get this game, it's a true next gen experience and probably more good games to come.
  25. Mar 21, 2014
    I had more fun playing the 1st Infamous than this one. Wasn't a fan of the main character. The game was just good for me. It appears there are a lot of users here who loved it though.The game has it's moments, but no way is this any higher than a 7 in my book.
  26. Mar 21, 2014
    Unbelievably fun game that seems like it has improved all areas from infamous 1 & 2. This is the best next gen game so far across all platforms. Graphics are brilliant and characters and acting are well done. Definitely should be system seller for ps4.
  27. Mar 21, 2014
    Simply incredible game. The gameplay in fun and enjoyable. The city looks wonderful, in fact the whole game looks superb. The animation system used is very impressive. Top marks SuckerPunch!
  28. Mar 21, 2014
    First off : welcome nextgen graphics ! The lighting and particle effects are simply stunning, and very realistic facial animations.
    Oh my dear, Seattle at night with heavy rain.... looks amazing. The beauty stay in the detail !
    The controls feel perfect and its super easy navigate the big city with your superpowers. Its a pretty lengthy game collecting all orbs and both evil and good
    Its a pretty lengthy game collecting all orbs and both evil and good path.

And well , its damn fun . Buy it. Finally pushing the ps4.
  29. Mar 21, 2014
    I enjoyed a lot playing first two inFamous games and so far I like inFamous Second Son. Like no other game it creates a unique feel of being a superhero.
  30. Mar 21, 2014
    Amazing game amazing graphics. First true next gen. Controls are responsive powers are amazing. Story is great. Anyone who says otherwise is, is not a fan of the series. This is easily the best installation yet.
  31. P0p
    Mar 21, 2014
    I'll echo that Delsin is a great character. Love him

I'll echo that Delsin is a great character. Love him

So I've been playing for about 2 hours now and I'm blown away. I'm really digging the art design in this and mix that with all sorts of colors in game, makes me very happy. Now the graphics, it's been covered enough but damn does it look amazing. Best yet. SS is really really fluid in motion, it's wonderful. I'm liking how all the moves seem really well part together, they work great for sick aerial kills. This is all with just smoke power too. I loved the first two Infamous games and SS takes everything great about those and improves upon them. So far so good. Best Ps4 game as of right now.
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    Impresionante, ese es la palabra,llevo bastante jugado ya y me esta encantando en todos los sentidos.No os fieis de las notas que dan las revistas de videojuegos debeis probar por vosotros mismos esta joya de PS4. Lo primero que impresiona son los graficos, es lo mas bruto que he visto hasta ahora incluso en pc, esto si que es next gen de verdad, simplemente en muchos paisajes te quedarasImpresionante, ese es la palabra,llevo bastante jugado ya y me esta encantando en todos los sentidos.No os fieis de las notas que dan las revistas de videojuegos debeis probar por vosotros mismos esta joya de PS4. Lo primero que impresiona son los graficos, es lo mas bruto que he visto hasta ahora incluso en pc, esto si que es next gen de verdad, simplemente en muchos paisajes te quedaras mirando las texturas, parace casi fotoreal. La jugabilidad me parece buenisma, tienes mucha libertad para llegar donde quieras, y puedes hacerlo mediante poderes cuyos movimientos son super fluidos. Para mi lo mas importante es la diversion que te da este juego, que es lo importante. Ademas Delsin tiene un gran carisma que te sacara una sonrisa mas de una vez Lo dicho juego superdivertido,abrumador en graficos y que te da una libertad enorme. Si tienes PS4 este juego es IMPRESCINDIBLE Expand
  33. Mar 21, 2014
    The graphics on infamous are amazing. I love the neon and it really is the first real next gen game.
    Still playing though atm and tbh if you have a ps4 don't hesitate.

Great game!
  34. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous second son is really fun to play. They've really made the series blend and shine with the new abilities and enviroment that the game has. Now the game is brighter and not as dull as the past 2 games especially inFamous 1. The graphics are incredible and he flow of the game is massive good. I recommend this game to everybody who's tired of playing online all the time and just wantInfamous second son is really fun to play. They've really made the series blend and shine with the new abilities and enviroment that the game has. Now the game is brighter and not as dull as the past 2 games especially inFamous 1. The graphics are incredible and he flow of the game is massive good. I recommend this game to everybody who's tired of playing online all the time and just want to take it easy and roam the beautiful city of Seattle. Expand
  35. Mar 21, 2014
    Welcome the new generation of consoles. A fun, dynamic and amazing game. Simply an extension of the inFamous universe without leaving the origins. Gorgeous graphics and special effects eye popping. Wonderful, footnote 10 is little. Best game of 2014 so far. Great job Sucker Punch.
  36. Mar 21, 2014
    Excellent game. It's a step-up from inFAMOUS 2 in every aspect. Highly addicting gameplay and breathtaking graphics. This is a must buy for PS4 owners.
  37. Mar 21, 2014
    +Beautiful visuals
    +Realistic dialogue
    +Paced character development
    +Amazing voice acting
    +A plethora of different powers
    +An exceptional amount of upgrades
    +Huge city

-A bit repetitive
    -Campaign story is not good enough for an InFamous title.

Overall, an amazing game. Definitely buy it. 10/10.
  38. Mar 21, 2014
    inFAMOUS Second Son is nothing short of amazing. Hands down best infamous to date. I'm about 3.5 hours in and I'm loving every second of it. Graphics are beautiful, voice acting is top notch, story is immersive and the gameplay is phenomenal. It handles like a dream. Seattle is a pretty big playground as well, lots too explore. Not sure why so many critics were disappointed with this game.inFAMOUS Second Son is nothing short of amazing. Hands down best infamous to date. I'm about 3.5 hours in and I'm loving every second of it. Graphics are beautiful, voice acting is top notch, story is immersive and the gameplay is phenomenal. It handles like a dream. Seattle is a pretty big playground as well, lots too explore. Not sure why so many critics were disappointed with this game. I honestly think they expected too much. There was a lot of secrecy around this game and I think in the end it hurt it. I think people were assuming there were going to be around 8-10 power sets, which is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, there is some familiarity between second son and the previous two infamous games, but that's not a bad thing. It's still at it's core an infamous game just improved in every way. This is the first must own PS4 game, truly a next gen experience. Can't wait to see where the series goes next. Expand
  39. Mar 21, 2014
    I'm speechless for the graphics of this game. Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a true and authentic next-gen game. Congrats Sony for another very well produced game.
  40. Mar 21, 2014
    Infamous Second Son is a Epic game, amazing graphics, great story telling, excellent facial animation.
    I'm loving this great experience...
    I I think the reason that this people are giving bad grades its because they didn't have play the game and i think that it´s time to take messieurs against it.
    Make it that only people with achievements/Trophies can give a score
  41. Mar 21, 2014
    This game is just BRILIANT!
    It´s clearly an Infamous game but it´s so much better than the previous ones
    AWESOME graphics,great gameplay,funny-cool lead protagonist...what more can we ask for?
  42. Mar 21, 2014
    Amazing graphics, insanely fun gameplay, good story. Love the style and aesthetics of the game. It's definitely running up to be the best PS4 exclusive so far. :D Huge step-up from the prequels. It's very seldom when a story of the game interests me enough to play it through, so far, this is the best example.

Top job Suckerpunch
    Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to the game.
  43. Mar 21, 2014
    Good graphics - Great gameplay - free from objectionable-Sony made ​​- high elasticity - Good Design Environment-Not boring - in general there is no problem -Good design environment - good quality tissue
  44. Mar 21, 2014
    Picked this up @ the midnight release and played for a good 8 hours, i tend to grind out all side missions etc so im just under 40 percent completion but one could essentially beat a game with less than that anyways lets talk second son

I played the other two installments ( will get to that coming into play in a bit ) and enjoyed them so i did have high hopes of a larger scope, grander and smarter version in SS but what i got was a marvelous 21 gbs of eye candy, visually impressive and this being said by an avid pc gamer and enthusiast . The partical effects , lighting and brilliant design paired with a solid framerate is glorious but the fantastic visuals cant pawn the flaws within the gameplay, graphics will only please our eyes but the gameplay is what grasps our gaming soul.

The A.I is bad point blank and this is where the game clashes withit self, looks every bit a next gen game but that quickly feels like a mirage and also breaks that momentum set up by the wonderfully set stage aka visuals only to have god aweful actors aka a.i. There are alot of gamers this gen who prioritize how good it looks first and plays second and with the next gen consoles being all about bigger, faster and stronger we expect a certain standard by way of graphic fidelity and framerate but many of us expect smarter games, a larger scale in terms of innovation but so far its been all about what game holds the graphics crown and if you want a contender second son is it.

The gameplay has not changed a bit it may appear so due to some fancy glitter and shine but ultimately the you will be doing the same generic side missions with the same sense of accomplishment and impact in the story = none. I do appreciate the new shards makeover and the added powers which look great but i was so underwhelmed by the repetitive play, lack of variety via enemies who pretty much are all the same except for bosses and late game the lookalike baddies equip super powers but can you see how it can make repetitive a reminder everytime you face the clone a.i's and to add salt to the wound they make the boy scouts look like the sas, same old a.i you fought in the previous and tbh last gen prototype 2 had more advanced a.i.

Moral system is in place for what power loadout you prefer and whether or not killing civilians and street performers is justified and the ssame for subdue or kill an enemy and its also in place to encourage a 2nd playthrough but what it isnt implemented for is the impact via story, sound familiar? Infamous 2.

The story doesnt suck donkey butt it just feels like its there because it has to be, some of the cutscenes are funny and diolgue well written but forgetable.

This is a much prettier, smoother traversing, vamped up power tree, casual version of infamous 2 which isnt a bad thing. The world of second son looks gorgeous and alive while smoke dashing amongst the roof tops but its when you touchdown to ground level is when the same world feels hollow and bland.

I enjoy what im seeing, i love dashing around and launching skywards via the vents.
    The sound of my spray paint can comes out of my controller as i shake it before i tag.
    The same can be said whenever i draw power from a smoking car or shard, entering his are while the sound exits my controller. This felt fresh and i enjoy this feature but i just wish they didnt stop there.

basically i feel like been there done that with second son but im still having fun just wish there was more depth, smarter a.i and a smarter game overall.

Second son is an achievement visually and i cant praise SP enough for making one of the best looking console games i ever laid eyes on but the game is underwhelming in respect to what i buy and play games for = good exp and in this gen consoles around 4 to 5 hundred with price of games expected to go up well i expect nothing less than a great exp but regardless of gen it seems settling for less while paying premium has become the trend but with gaming politics aside Second Son delivers on 3 fronts: awesome visuals , free roam and open world environment but it also has action packed moments with great destruction .

I dont hate the game i hate the missed opportunity because this couldve been epic but somewhere down the line they lost focus on innovating the gameplay etc and im guessing graphic fidelity took up most oft he space on the drawing board.

My psn is piixelprov1 and i owne this game. Ps tired sorry about the spelling
  45. Mar 21, 2014
    One of the best third person shooters I have ever played. Great graphics, great mechanics, and a fulfilling amount of play time. There seems to be new content via some of the pack in codes that will be unlocked weekly!
  46. Apr 12, 2014
    What do you get when you cross an open world game with a linear story driven adventure game that has the intellectual depth of your average tabloid? Saints Row the Fourth: Hipster Edition.
  47. Mar 22, 2014
    expected more from this game. The graphics are excellent, the lighting, particles, textures but that's not enough to be a good game. This game the first 2 hours are interesting then gets boring and very repetitive, I think infamous 2 was much better than this.
  48. Mar 21, 2014
    What I can say for sure is the graphical leap from the last generation on display in this game is spectacular and I also absolutely loved the music. however there are some significant problems with the AI in this game and things tend to get rather repetitive towards the latter half. also the story is nothing to write home about. I suppose when a game joins the elite games of any generationWhat I can say for sure is the graphical leap from the last generation on display in this game is spectacular and I also absolutely loved the music. however there are some significant problems with the AI in this game and things tend to get rather repetitive towards the latter half. also the story is nothing to write home about. I suppose when a game joins the elite games of any generation every one of these elements have to be polished. I am very much looking forward to what this development team can do with the sequel to this game. Expand
  49. Mar 22, 2014
    It seems that the game created in a hurry, very flat story with strange characters, which does not feel sympathy, empty dialogue and gameplay variety of tasks and devoid of fun.
    Side quests in the game are made for show: shooting CCTV cameras or useless fight against drug traffickers and gangs do not bring any pleasure.
    Graphics in the SS looks weird. On the one hand across very
    Graphics in the SS looks weird. On the one hand across very beautiful and worked on landscapes and on the other cloned buildings with low poly textures and bad LOD in the distance (soap everywhere). Animation characters and facial expressions look too unnatural.
    Infamous SS - game without a soul and imagination made as soon as possible with a focus on future patches and updates.
  50. Apr 26, 2015
    A prime example of PlayStation 4's power. And a good sequel to an amazing franchise. Although the story is quite weak compared to the other games in the franchise its fun enough to play for a second run. Voice acting is solid and the gameplay is extremely fun offering 4 powers to have fun with. [8.5/10]
  51. Feb 25, 2015
    This was a hard rating for me to choose. On the one hand at first I hated this game and almost gave up. I pushed past the second hour or so and it really started to become a very good story and great action scenes. The powers become very fun to use and the character is a very realistic and likable. I feel in love with the story almost as much as previous infamous games. It still hasThis was a hard rating for me to choose. On the one hand at first I hated this game and almost gave up. I pushed past the second hour or so and it really started to become a very good story and great action scenes. The powers become very fun to use and the character is a very realistic and likable. I feel in love with the story almost as much as previous infamous games. It still has that wonky camera and weird stickiness needed to jump around, but sometimes you find yourself clinging on to objects you didn't want to. Despite these problems I had a lot of fun and would recommend. Expand
  52. May 17, 2015
    I love the Infamous franchise. They are all fun, and prove that a game does not have to be rated M to be successful. Second Son is not the best of the franchise, but I loved it. If your a die hard fan of the old games, you may find that this installment doesn't set the same mood as the previous games with Cole Magrath. Luckily I played Second Son first. The story is good, maybe dull orI love the Infamous franchise. They are all fun, and prove that a game does not have to be rated M to be successful. Second Son is not the best of the franchise, but I loved it. If your a die hard fan of the old games, you may find that this installment doesn't set the same mood as the previous games with Cole Magrath. Luckily I played Second Son first. The story is good, maybe dull or lacking in small areas. The side missions in this game are not as fun as the ones in the older games. Also your main character can seem cliché, but all of the characters still feel real. They did an excellent job on the characters. The powers, maybe not. I won't reveal too much but the powers are strange. I found that only 1 of the 4 I ever liked. So how do I still give this game a 9 even though I have listed many cons. Because those cons are minisquelle, compared to the great and enjoyable content of this game. You have to play it. It is one of those games that you won't be satisfied with until you beat it more than once and complete every side mission and collectible at least once. The graphics are amazingly beautiful and has a unique style. Something about the textures and face that confuse you whether it is a movie or a game. Very few games even attempt this effect nowadays. Please. Try it. You won't regret it. Expand
  53. Aug 21, 2015
    inFAMOUS Second Son is an action adventure game in which, surrounded by a society that fears them, superhumans are ruthlessly hunted down and caged by the Department of Unified Protection. Step into a locked-down Seattle as Delsin Rowe, who has recently discovered his superhuman power and is now capable of fighting back against the oppressive DUP. Enjoy your power as you choose how youinFAMOUS Second Son is an action adventure game in which, surrounded by a society that fears them, superhumans are ruthlessly hunted down and caged by the Department of Unified Protection. Step into a locked-down Seattle as Delsin Rowe, who has recently discovered his superhuman power and is now capable of fighting back against the oppressive DUP. Enjoy your power as you choose how you will push your awesome abilities to the limit and witness the consequences of your actions as they affect the city and people around you. [Playstation] Expand
  54. Sep 25, 2016
    Com certeza esse é um dos MELHORES exclusivos do PS4. Personagem carismático, movimentação fluida, design ótimo e poderes muito criativos. A Sucker Punch fez um jogo sensacional, com certeza esse é um dos melhores Infamous.
  55. Mar 29, 2016
    Wow!! This game is truly the best infamous yet, it has great and fun powers and beautiful graphics. The scenery in the game looks amazing and is very sharp. Also, the game doesn't miss any details on how it looks, it makes the game a whole lot better to play. It shows what the ps4 is capable of. The AI are VERY challenging making the game even better to play and requires some sort offWow!! This game is truly the best infamous yet, it has great and fun powers and beautiful graphics. The scenery in the game looks amazing and is very sharp. Also, the game doesn't miss any details on how it looks, it makes the game a whole lot better to play. It shows what the ps4 is capable of. The AI are VERY challenging making the game even better to play and requires some sort off technique. The game doesn't deserve a 10 as the story is good but nothing special, it doesn't take long at all to complete.

Pros
    - amazing powers
    - beautiful graphics and city
    - runs smoothly
    - very few glitches

Cons
    - lacks a great story
    - can SOMETIMES fail to stand out from the previous infamous games
  56. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  57. Apr 14, 2016
    It's not a game that would warrant the purchase of PS4, but if you already have a PS4, it's a great bu, especially if you were already a fan of the previous Infamous games. For a console game, the graphics are pretty impressive and the fighting mechanics are pretty fun and satisfying. Story-wise, it's not a very long game, but has a decent plotline. It can drag on a bit sometimes, but theIt's not a game that would warrant the purchase of PS4, but if you already have a PS4, it's a great bu, especially if you were already a fan of the previous Infamous games. For a console game, the graphics are pretty impressive and the fighting mechanics are pretty fun and satisfying. Story-wise, it's not a very long game, but has a decent plotline. It can drag on a bit sometimes, but the game is over before it becomes boring. Again, it's not a must-buy, but it's definitely worth a try. Expand
  58. Sep 5, 2016
    Two years after its release, I can ensure you that Infamous Second Son is a very fun game to play. It is a competent and solid open world third person action game and has a better sense of personality than the preceding two games. Nonetheless much of the open world mini games are enjoyable to unwind to, but quite repetitive. Looks great, and good voice work and the different powers switchTwo years after its release, I can ensure you that Infamous Second Son is a very fun game to play. It is a competent and solid open world third person action game and has a better sense of personality than the preceding two games. Nonetheless much of the open world mini games are enjoyable to unwind to, but quite repetitive. Looks great, and good voice work and the different powers switch up the game play. Also, very clear interface. Delsin isn't super fleshed out as a character though. Expand
  59. Apr 30, 2015
    Wow this was a great game... The music, the controls, the voice acting, the story, the game play, the boss battles... they even used the speaker in the gamepad pretty nicely. I completed every mission... I could not put it down.. I am going to buy and download the prequel tonight. This is what I expect from a launch title.

I can't believe some people gave this a zero? C'mon a zero...

I can't believe some people gave this a zero? C'mon a zero... Even if you did not like this game it does not merit a zero. But these are the same people that are killing creativity in games as all they want is Halo.. I'm red your blue now lets shoot each other. Mindless zombies playing mindless games.. I mean what can you do in Halo that you couldn't do in Quake??? Drive that's about it...
  60. Oct 13, 2015
    I always loved inFAMOUS serial, and this entry is probably my favorite.
    Delsin Rowe is a decent character played by Troy Baker, Delsin is not great like Joel or Booker DeWitt but he is cool and I liked him maybe even more than Cole. Story is good too, but a little short.
    I always loved inFAMOUS serial, and this entry is probably my favorite.
    Superpowers in I:SS are awesome, and very fun to play with, even just running or flying over the town.There are more powers this time and not just electric based like in first two games. Town is beautiful and fun to explore.
    Although it's a short game, it is a very fun game to play, and I would recommend this game to anyone that have PS4, especially now when it's a lot cheaper.
  61. Feb 15, 2015
    If you're a fan of the infamous games you will injoy this one. New playerss will find it more difficult but after a while you should get a hang of it.
    Graphic and the open world part of the game are it's strongest parts. One of the best looking games on tne PS4. Seattle looks amazing and grim at time. The sun and light effects are stunning. Game is a great looker.
    Story isn't anything
    Story isn't anything new but it's good enough. I liked the more goofy stuf that the first infamous did. Second son is more serious. The moral/karma aspect of the game is ok. Would like some more choice or choicr that makes more impact.
    Combat is fast and responsive with a good mix of powers and upgrades. As always you have karma specific powers and appearance like in previous infamous games. There could have been a little more powers for my taste. Fights are interesting and bull rushing isn't the best way.
    Overall inFamous:Second Son is a good game with stunning graphics, responsive combat and a good story. If you liked the earlier games it's a 8 out of 10. If you're new to the series pick it up and try ;)
  62. Feb 21, 2015
    What a great game! The story was not the greatest but the game plays so smooth. The city of Seattle looks so beautiful as an open world by Sucker Punch.
  63. Feb 2, 2015
    Infamous Second Son is a must-buy for anyone, let alone Infamous fans. It excels in every area you want it to, making it a fantastic addition to Sony’s list of PlayStation 4 exclusives.
    + Large open world
    + Fantastic combat (great variety of powers)
    + Gorgeous graphics (LOOKS AMAZING)
    + Story missions
    + Presentation
    + Sound (great choice of soundtrack, sound of the city is very realistic)
  64. Jul 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. inFAMOUS Second Son is one of PS4's best exclusives so far (The Last of Us doesn't count, it's a remaster)! Throughout the game I was having great fun and I earned a well-deserved Platinum Trophy on it. The story is about Delsin Rowe, an average stencil artist in Salmon Bay, an area outside Seattle. When Delsin and his brother Reggie witness a truck full of conduits (people infected with special powers) crash, they go to search for survivors and find Hank, a conduit with smoke powers, who unexpectedly gives his powers to Delsin. Then he chases after Hank and tries to find a way to get rid of his powers, which he is scared of at the moment. At the end of their chase, Delsin meets Brooke Augustine, head of the Department of Unified Protection (DUP). Augustine shoots concrete into Delsin's legs, knocking him out. Then Delsin goes to Seattle to deal with Augustine - a usual revenge story. Over the course of the game, you move around with smoke powers, then neon, then video and finally concrete. When you unlock one power, you can drain from the source of one of the other powers to use it again. You can also do something that doesn't require your powers as a side activity - Stencil Art. You can also kill DUP secret agents, destroy DUP hidden cameras, collect Informant audio logs, destroy DUP mobile command units and drain shards (your upgrade currency) from tracker drones. Do all of the side activities in one district and you'll unlock the District Showdown mission, where you vandalise a DUP billboard and obliterate all of the DUP reinforcements. Once you've done that, the district will be mostly free from DUP attacks. Throughout the game you are also brought into a morality system where you have to choose to be good or evil by doing particular actions and choosing paths in the story. Some of the evil actions don't really fit Delsin's personality, however. This is something that may need improving. The game looks amazing and shows off the power of the PS4 with incredibly detailed motion capture and facial expressions. Overall, this is a great game only brought down to a 9/10 by evil actions that don't fit Delsin's personality and not much reason to keep playing once you've completed everything to 100%. Expand
  65. Feb 23, 2016
    Infamous Second Son , was one of the first games on ps4 and unique that showed that the ps4 came . It is a good game with a great soundtrack, and makes you feel the fight and the character of the conflict in the choices to become a super hero or a villain . Delsim is a dual character, but led by their emotions . A great game!
  66. Dec 30, 2014
    Solid 9.

One of my favorite games ever. One of the best soundtracks, stunning visuals and art. Very artmospheric. The whole stylistics is amazing! It has a good(not such Intrigue for me) but definitely good plot. Devs perfectly dilevered us the idea about how it could happen if some people had super-power. Very stylish and atmospheric game, Seattle is amazing. The game
    Solid 9.

The whole stylistics is amazing!

Very stylish and atmospheric game, Seattle is amazing.

The game delivers perfect performance and stunning graphics, very detailed city. Game balance and AI are perfect. I played on hard and it was very funny meanwlile a bit challenging. AI isn't perfect, but not bad actually.

Delsin is very nice hero, other characters either. Broken destinies of super-people such as Fetch, Gamer, Smoke-Guy.

The gameplay is very funny, but there were not so much tips and hits as i'd loved to. Sometimes actually gameplay seems too monotonous. In the whole amount of superpowers they all give almost the same effect with minimal changes in gameplay and practical advantages between each other. I mean I loved that plenty of powers but, you know, the whole game I could complete with only smoke or neon, or video powers.

It a little disappointed me.

Game isn't 10 only because gameplay sometimes is very monotonous and I wish I could have a little bit more tricks, combos and tactics using different powers.
  67. May 29, 2015
    While not a game changer, inFamous second son in a fantastic game. It's like an X-men game without being a Marvel product. An entertaining story with some great gameplay but some will find the missions repetitive. I put off buying this for a while, it really didn't attract me but after putting some time in with inFamous first light after getting it free on ps plus I was hooked. Highly recommend
  68. Dec 21, 2015
    inFamous: Second Son

Game-play: I liked the game-play is fast and it feels powerful and with the combination of 4 different powers you are more powerful than ever although I have to say I miss the electric powers from the previous games. Story: This is the week point of the game with some very boring characters and cliche story line but still the story is just enough to make you play
    inFamous: Second Son

Story: This is the week point of the game with some very boring characters and cliche story line but still the story is just enough to make you play the game to the end.The story will take you about 10 to 11 hours to complete.

Graphics: This game is very beautiful amazing graphics really.

Notes: Although I did not like the main character this game is great and it worth the full price one of the best ps4 titles this year.
  69. May 2, 2016
    I purchased this game the day I purchased the PS4 back in June, 2014 and I'm glad I did. It was a great way to start off my next gen experience. I just ran through the gameplay recently and I still really enjoy it. I was not a big fan of Infamous 1 and 2, they just didn't have enough to pull me in, but Infamous: Second Son I gave a chance and I'm really glad that i did. Its a very colorfulI purchased this game the day I purchased the PS4 back in June, 2014 and I'm glad I did. It was a great way to start off my next gen experience. I just ran through the gameplay recently and I still really enjoy it. I was not a big fan of Infamous 1 and 2, they just didn't have enough to pull me in, but Infamous: Second Son I gave a chance and I'm really glad that i did. Its a very colorful and unique game. I love the character Delsin and Troy Baker does a great job voicing him as he usually does. Its a very beautiful game and I love the fact that you can hold a variety of different powers unlike the first two Infamous games. Definitely a great first PS4 game. Expand
  70. May 16, 2015
    Fun gameplay, beautiful visuals and animation, good actors play, decent story. Only the open world is kinda meh, but anyway this game is one from my pretty short list of games which I've fully completed.
  71. Jan 18, 2015
    the first time i saw this game on the stores. i prefered to go with alien isolation. infamous second so was so much cheaper than alien isolation. despite i love alien isolation imma wait.

when i got this game. i wasn't that excited. but then i opened the ps4 and played. in the begin i kinda didn't knew how to use with the controller good. but then i started to get it. and then i gone into the world of this game. a world with breathtaking graphics that are the best looking on the ps4 non including remasters and remakes. the bio-terrorists powers are **** awesome ! i didn't wanted to stop playing it cuz of this. the game story is kinda interesting and full with details.

first of. delsin is a **** badass. second. a bit of a negative review on 2 things. voice acting of delsin which is kinda feels lifeless and uninspired. and another problem in the game is the fact you couldn't cover. but the AI is so **** anooying sometimes and smart. that you don't need the cover system

overall. infamous second son is my contender for now as the best ps4 exclusive. until we'll see uncharted 4 or bloodborne or the order 1886
  72. Jun 16, 2015
    This was a phenomenal game that every PS4 owner must purchase. There are a lot of different powers, good character chemistry, and a fun campaign that makes this game so awesome. The only reason I give this game a 9 is because of plot and morality issues here and there.
  73. Aug 17, 2016
    Best **** game of the franchise and the open world is fantastic whit places beatiful and foto mode really gives a replay value. so It´s totally recomended.
  74. Jan 9, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is amazing the graphics are amazing story is even better they have really expanded the powers in the last 2 you only had electricity now you have so many more like neon, smoke concrete and video in the previous games it took forever to get around the city now it is so much quicker because of your powers I love how you can spray paint it is so cool they really took advantage of the touch pad it is a big city great for free roaming one of the best games I have ever played by far Expand
  75. Sep 20, 2016
    The first and one of the best PS4 exclusive games i've played! Great story, amazing graphics, action, and open-world is just great for this game. Never had much interest in Infamous games until this.
  76. Apr 26, 2015
    This is the game thats beats triple-A titles like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. inFamous: Second Son is a game all PS4 owners should get. A beautifully designed American town, crisp and precise controls and a mixture of challenging and easy stages, this is the game the PS4 deserves along side The Last of Us Remastered (2014) and No Man's Sky (December 2015)
  77. Jan 2, 2015
    The story is truly a masterpiece and the graphics are beautiful while the gameplay is crisp and smooth. I say this is the best of the infamous series. The characters are remarkably amazing because of there characteristics and qualities that make them who they are. This game hit a home run and is and will also be one of the greatest games in my eyes
  78. Jan 20, 2015
    Infamous Second Son is a wonderful game in terms of game play and graphics.
    The new control lay out of PS4 offered something new in the game play dynamics and interaction.
    However the story is plain and did not offer something new to the franchise. Enemies are very limited and repetitive, you have a hard time to relate or attach to the characters. Positive things: + Next gen
    Infamous Second Son is a wonderful game in terms of game play and graphics.
    However the story is plain and did not offer something new to the franchise.

Positive things:
    + Next gen graphics.
    + 100 % utilization of PS4 control lay out.
    + Smooth game play and a lot of super powers.

Negative things:
    - Story is plain.
    - Enemies are very repetitive.
  79. Jan 25, 2015
    Love game where they make you feel so powerful. This game is very much like infamous 1 and 2 but brings a new character, new setting, and new/more powers. The next gen graphics goes to the limit with this game and makes it feel just that much better.
  80. Jan 27, 2015
    Finally, a game that has relatable characters with good gameplay to go along with it. They out did themselves by making this a launch title. Worth the money, worth your time
  81. Feb 17, 2015
    This game was so good that I played through it three times on various difficulties so that I could get all the trophies, and I don't usually go for the platinum. Controls are intuitive, the powers that you get are just incredible, and I liked that there were moral choices to make as well. Definitely get this game.
  82. Apr 7, 2015
    With this game, I felt like I was playing to have fun...no other reason. The story is quite short and maybe it lacks a bit of depth but I personally found it very enjoyable. It's a very player friendly game where all collectables and laid out for you on the map. It's worth mentioned the graphics are stunning and still probably one of the best available.

My only criticism would be that

My only criticism would be that on the the game you can make the choice to be either "Hero" or "Evil"...on my first play through I chose "Hero" and the story made perfect sense and there was obvious character arc. The "Evil" play through didn't really make any sense and doesn't fit in with the story.
  83. Feb 23, 2015
    Visually, inFamous: SS is simply gorgeous! Game-play wise, it also packs a punch. Overall, this delivers on a true Next-Gen or may I say Current-Gen experience. Simply put, if you're a PS4 owner, getting this is highly recommended..
  84. Feb 23, 2015
    This game is just freaking awesome! So many upgrades and too much power :D. This was my first Infamous game so now I really want to try out inFamous 1 & 2. Love it! If you have a PS4 get this!!
  85. Feb 24, 2015
    This game is amazing. It's quite a surprise since inFamous 2 really sucked. No point in talking about the graphics, which has been the symbol of the whole series. The rest of the game is actually very good this time, which is for the first time in this series. The story is definitely among the best video games. It even beats most of the X-Men movies, which have a similar setting. GameplayThis game is amazing. It's quite a surprise since inFamous 2 really sucked. No point in talking about the graphics, which has been the symbol of the whole series. The rest of the game is actually very good this time, which is for the first time in this series. The story is definitely among the best video games. It even beats most of the X-Men movies, which have a similar setting. Gameplay is much much better. Each of the 4 super powers provides a somewhat unique experience. Enemies are smart and tricky but still no match of the great protagonist. It really finds the delicate balance, so that the protagonist is powerful but not invincible. Side missions are well designed but lack variety. But they come with the right amount. You run out of side missions before you get bored, unlike these UBI sandbox games. Stencil art, skills, playstyle and the story of the other karma are enough reason for a second playthrough. And by the time you've finished your second playthrough you are minutes away from your platinum trophy. Expand
  86. Aug 1, 2015
    The reason I wanted a Play station 4 was because of this game. I was not disappointed for a second. The story, while pretty short, had great characters, good voice acting, and some funny moments. But the most important part of the game is the game play, and this is where the game shines. Its incredibly fun! Dashing around, shooting smoke, missiles, and beating up bad guys is awesome! ThereThe reason I wanted a Play station 4 was because of this game. I was not disappointed for a second. The story, while pretty short, had great characters, good voice acting, and some funny moments. But the most important part of the game is the game play, and this is where the game shines. Its incredibly fun! Dashing around, shooting smoke, missiles, and beating up bad guys is awesome! There are three other powers in the game, but I will not spoil them for anyone who hasn't played the game yet. The best part is, that I never felt like I wasn't having fun, and that's the most important part of any game in my personal opinion. Also, the game does give you all these great powers, but it is still challenging. You feel like you can take on anything, but still know that you can die if you get too reckless. Like I said before, I feel like the only problem with the game is the short story. Also, the Infamous series still has the problem of not giving better story paths based on your good or evil intentions. But the fun game play and funny dialogue make this game a must play for anyone who likes super powers. Expand
  87. May 20, 2016
    I thought the story was weak but other than that I thought it was a good game. It looks good and plays great. Enemies are very frustrating however even on normal, I sometimes get barraged by projectiles and don't have time to get up and recover which results in me dying. But I digress, I'd give this game a VERY high 7 or a low 8.
  88. Jul 8, 2016
    Infamous second son is one of the PS4s best exclusives and you should definitely buy it. Delsin is an interesting character and has interesting relationships that play put over the course of the game. You also get to use a large variety of powers which are all useful and fun to use. Finally unlike the other two preceding games the morality system makes you feel like you're actually makingInfamous second son is one of the PS4s best exclusives and you should definitely buy it. Delsin is an interesting character and has interesting relationships that play put over the course of the game. You also get to use a large variety of powers which are all useful and fun to use. Finally unlike the other two preceding games the morality system makes you feel like you're actually making serious choices. Buy this game. Expand
  89. May 20, 2015
    Another big game for PS4 system bytheway. I wasnt played another infamous before Second Son (I had downloaded the infamous 1 but its horrible game) and because I wasnt enter in the hype train, this game for me is a TOO MUCH HAVE game of PS4 libray nowadays.

Amazing gaphics with a smooth gamplay. Have a open world system too (not like GTA) but has a great place to expend your time. History is OK, and replay is another great resource of this game.
    If you have PS4, get this game, its amazing game.
  90. Mar 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't expected much from this PS4 exclusive in 2014, but I gave this game a chance. The first week was already fantastic. The graphics, fluence gameplay. Nice job! Sony's first positive rated exclusive for PS4 is a fact for me. Expand
  91. Mar 13, 2016
    One of the first real PS4 exclusives to come out, great graphics and decent story. Lots of pretty lights and powers. Great PS4 exclusive. Good price at $20.
  92. Dec 16, 2015
    The game is SO MUCH FUN!! It has a great protaginist, great story, and wonderful beutiful environemnt. And when you beat the game, theres many side missions, and upgrades you can still do. Throughout hte game, you have a choice of doing good deeds, or bad deeds. So that gives you another reason to go back to the story, and play it again with different decisions.
  93. May 28, 2015
    inFamous Second Son is a great game with stellar, diverse, fun and rapid combat, terrific open-world freedom and a decent story that is simple but nothing special. Characters are surprisingly deep, however, and the artwork during character cutscenes is super cool. Side-content can get repetitive, but it's mixed up just enough and with combat being so diverse, every battle plays outinFamous Second Son is a great game with stellar, diverse, fun and rapid combat, terrific open-world freedom and a decent story that is simple but nothing special. Characters are surprisingly deep, however, and the artwork during character cutscenes is super cool. Side-content can get repetitive, but it's mixed up just enough and with combat being so diverse, every battle plays out differently.

Neon power is amazing. Potentially one of the best set of abilities in video game history.
  94. Aug 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never played Infamous 2 (although thanks to a friend i am aware of the canonical good ending), letting you know before hand. I did play infamous 1 though, and enjoyed the heck out of it. I had so much fun in the game's open world, choosing the villain's path in all of the game's though moral choices. I am glad to say Infamous: Second son is a worthy successor to Infamous (and it's sequel which i heard was also great).

The story takes place almost a decade after the second, following the death of Cole, along with many conduits being detained and thrown in jail. We play as Delsin Rowe, a regular young adult (or so he believes, who is the average representation of what adults think young people are like nowadays. Yes Delsin, along with many of the supporting characters who we meet along the way are cardboard cutout, two-dimensional stereotypes. It's not that huge of a problem though. Now, a conduit invades Delsin's lodge or something, and after touching his arm, Delsin learns that he has the conduit power of absorbing other powers. The conduit hunters come in, and their leader, Augustine, in a search for the truth of what happened, jacks up all Delsin's people with her rock powers. This leads Delsin on a quest for her powers so he can save his friends and family. It's a little underdeveloped for my tastes, but still delivers. The story is short yes, but with the two different endings that can be achieved, it makes you want to play the game twice. I of course went the villain path first, no hesitation.

The gameplay is more refined and entertaining as ever. It's the standard infamous first person shooting, but what's different here is the inclusion of FOUR different conduit powers to be unlocked and used in battle. I personally enjoyed the Neon powers, which felt like Cole's signature electric abilities. Each ability has it's own unique attacks and special attacks, they all feel different. Now the moral choices. They don't have as much impoact as infamous 1. Having played the game twice to get both endings, the game progresses the same way no matter what you pick. You don't get any special phone calls from allies, nothing. The only thing that is different is some of the powers you can unlock. Oh, and one more thing, the game looks beautiful, no doubt one of the best looking PS4 games currently.

Infamous Second son, while not as good as the first, is a worthy successor to it's two predecessors.
  95. Aug 23, 2015
    my first ps4 game and a great game. good graphics, good boss fights. the game looks a kind repetitive if you want the clean it all from D U P, but it's very fun!
  96. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The big reason i got the ps4 turned out awesome. The graphics are great, the AI is good and the story is exactly what i would've expected it to be. There's also tons of stuff to do just cruisin around Seattle. Unfortunately, i feel like there aren't enough evil/good powers. The different sides of the games does present different story perspectives, but the powers only get modified a bit. I would've wanted more radical changes in power between evil and good (like the sulfur bomb turning into a flame bomb or something, not added range or longer bursts). SPOILER!!! Also, i feel that neon and smoke were thoroughly made, while video and concrete felt like they were of no use at all. Expand
  97. Aug 4, 2015
    One of the best Infamous games i played! Its really a must have game the powers, the side missions. and of course the campaign is spot on. The developers nailed the graphics and art here, great game physics and also the actors here also nailed it! If you don't own this game i highly recommend it!
  98. Sep 23, 2015
    Great game, great story and refreshing for it's brevity in an age of 100+ hour time sinks. Just before the district tasks start to get repetitive, a major story event shows up to break the monotony. Some of the boss fights can be slightly frustrating due to the games stun/slow cam mechanics, but on Normal difficulty the challenge level seemed just right.
  99. Aug 19, 2015
    This is one of the best games i have ever played, it's just pure fun and it has great sound track and that's important to me and also such unparalleled graphics and of course a very good gameplay i really liked it, it shows how well a game can be and should be
  100. Aug 26, 2015

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    It definitely isn’t one of those games you talk about years after its release, but it showcases PS4’s capabilities well and in contrast to Killzone: Shadow Fall also does something else – guarantees fun from the beginning till the end. [CD-Action 05/2014, p.58]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    May 16, 2014
    Fun romp, beautifully rendered and executed. Fantastic superpowers make up for the lack of depth. [Issue#241]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    inFamous: Second Son is not a bad sandbox game at all! Serves as an interlude while waiting the heavy hitters to arrive. [Apr 2014]