7.4

1. Nov 22, 2013
    pretty fun so far, but kind of sucks that i bought this version instead of the ps3 version and paid $10 to upgrade it for ps4. this way i'm stuck with only a ps4 version. no regrets about purchase but buyer beware your fight stick may not work right away on ps4.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    The thing I liked about this game is that the Ultimate Edition comes with all the DLC Characters and all star lab mission but why not ultimate edition on the Xbox One or Wii U. On PS4 you can record gameplays and on the PSVita you can play portable. Not bad of a game after all.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    I myself am not a huge video game player,but i have recently discovered the greatness of the PlayStation 4 and was very excited to find Injustice.Its a very FUN game in single player , versus,or story mode. I would recommend this game to anyone would loves a good fighting game with a great story and WONDERFUL Graphics !!
  4. Feb 2, 2014
    A very entertaining fighting game that came out early last year, this is what amounts to the GotY edition as it comes with all the characters and costumes that came out as DLC. It's made by the people who do Mortal Kombat, meaning it'll give you the most enjoyable single-player fighting game experience out there. Most fighters just focus on multiplayer and give a small single-playerA very entertaining fighting game that came out early last year, this is what amounts to the GotY edition as it comes with all the characters and costumes that came out as DLC. It's made by the people who do Mortal Kombat, meaning it'll give you the most enjoyable single-player fighting game experience out there. Most fighters just focus on multiplayer and give a small single-player campaign. Here, a whole new world within the DC universe was created for the game, with tons of back story and intrigue. The fighting is obviously the show here though and that works wonders, especially for someone who doesn't usually play fighting games, like myself. I personally love the combat system here but I've never been able to get past the fact that the characters feel too stiff all the time. It's a small thing really but it's always bugged me about fighters from Netherealm. Regardless, this is one of the best fighters on the market now, and the only option for a fighter on the PS4 atm. But I can't recommend someone picking this up if they've already played the previous versions to death. Very little reason to do so unless you're just a die hard fan. Anyway this is a very fun game and I'd recommend it to all. Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2014
    Injustice is terrible. Fighting games were great in the late 80s and early 90s but now these dumb button mashers belong as relics in museums. The problem is that most one-on-one beat um ups are boring, within an hour you have seen all the game has to offer and have no reason to keep playing. Injustice is especially bad because the badly animated story which has constant frame rate drops isInjustice is terrible. Fighting games were great in the late 80s and early 90s but now these dumb button mashers belong as relics in museums. The problem is that most one-on-one beat um ups are boring, within an hour you have seen all the game has to offer and have no reason to keep playing. Injustice is especially bad because the badly animated story which has constant frame rate drops is so embarrassing to watch it makes the few short fight sequences forgettable.

Multiplayer is a dull affair and often you will come across a geek performing the same move over and over until you either lose or quit out.

There is a large amount of fighters to choose from the DC universe which look okay but the game mechanics are so old and rusty and dull that it really didn't matter if I played as Bane or Batman, I was falling asleep with all characters.

The backgrounds are reasonably drawn but lack anything special to compete with modern full priced games. Because it was free I have given it a 1 rating. If I had paid it would be a zero. Avoid at all costs unless you enjoy mindless button mashing games which require no thought, brain power or skill.
  6. Jan 16, 2014
    First off one thing I hate is you don't unlock everything in the ultimate edition like nightfall Bane or Lockdown Superman etc etc... you still have to download and Play there iOS/Android which I hate I have PS4 with Injustice I don't want to play my iPhone, I heard the PS4 gets a New 52 Black Adam Skin but Sadly you have to play the App to unlock him. Anways I love super heroes and letsFirst off one thing I hate is you don't unlock everything in the ultimate edition like nightfall Bane or Lockdown Superman etc etc... you still have to download and Play there iOS/Android which I hate I have PS4 with Injustice I don't want to play my iPhone, I heard the PS4 gets a New 52 Black Adam Skin but Sadly you have to play the App to unlock him. Anways I love super heroes and lets face it who doesn't when I heard of a DC fighting game made by Mortal Kombat developers I thought great this is not going to be a let down and it is not I like it better than MK although I really like MK but just because it is super heroes and has good controls it is the best fighting game. Many things I like and don't like about this is scorpion why is he in here when we could of had a great DC villain like Metallo you know the robot with the Kryptonite Heart I really hate that they had to add Scorpion, The arenas to fight in feel like there is too little to choose from but the character selection is pretty good. I hate after you win the other character still gets up then falls down instead of just being down cause they are knocked out, but voice acting is great costumes are awesome graphics look a bit better one PS4 Overall it is a good game and fun remote play works great as a second controller and it is fun in general. Expand
  7. Mar 6, 2014
    Man I love this game....but they didn't even up the textures or anything. The cut scenes look horrible. Colors are washed out....but damn its fun and the story is great. I had already beat it on PS3 but sold it to get this version....seriously...no difference...except now I don't have to turn on my PS3. I love it but really wish they would have put some effort into making it actually WORTH it.
  8. May 27, 2014
    I haven't played a lot of fighting games in the past. Sure, I'd participated in some occasional button smashing with friends on a Mortal Kombat game, but the most experience I'd ever had with fighting games had been Super Smash Brothers. I'm also not a big DC fan. This game was given to me as a gift... And it changed me!

Seriously, I went into it with very low expectations and I fell in

Seriously, I went into it with very low expectations and I fell in love with it! It made me want to get more fighting games and I have since purchased Mortal Kombat on my Playstation Vita (which is also a good game). I don't have a lot to compare against, but I love the combat style in Injustice. Button mashing isn't going to win you many matches, but the difficulty level isn't so steep that I couldn't enjoy myself. I even went online and sure enough there was plenty of people there that I could compete with. Even after beating the story, my wife and I sometimes hop on to fight each other. Speaking of the story, I thought it was very compelling. It wasn't overly long, but it kept me entertained.

In conclusion, any game that can take someone largely un-interested in the genre and churn up some previously unknown excitement, is a good game.
  9. Dec 14, 2014
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is fighting game I picked up for free on the Playstation store as it was part of the deal of the month in December, so I didn't hesitate to pick it up. I did recently play Injustice previously on Xbox 360 but never experienced the story until now.

The story is quiet interesting because you would usually expect superheroes vs villains scenario to play out, but you're facing off against other superheroes maybe because of manipulation or not agreeing with views etc. but I wondered before hand whether or not it would become stale fighting villains constantly until it switched and did well to keep it fresh. You usually play out 3 fights with each character until you switch to another characters timeline.

The graphics as well as the game play has improved from the gen switch, as you aren't just drawn to the characters but the backdrop as well and because most things are interactive, seeing a heroes fly into a stone statue at full speed is that much more salivating. The game play compares to that of Mortal Kombat in the way its not as fast paced as Street Fighter and not as slow as Tekken but a solid middle, so you can expect to still link up combo moves if your good with a certain character.

My final review would be the game is good and it does match up with other fighting games and is certainly one I will continue playing in the future. The stuff I didn't particularly like was a repetitive the story ;me as a timid DC fan myself I didn't appreciate the character switch every 5 minutes or so, I would much prefer a campaign for every character in my honest opinion. You end up just grinding the story out and when you're favorite character comes up but don't get to attached because they can be gone in an instant. I found the touch pads interaction too cheesy also.

The game is a good purchase if paying and worth a try with this deal as its free at the moment.
    Love the variety of different outfits and a good solid roster.

Thanks for reading m review of Injustice: Gods Among Us-Ultimate Edition (Ps4)

Ninjo
  10. Dec 15, 2014
    This is one of the most enjoyable fighting games you will ever play. The DC Universe cast makes the game exceptionally accessible. It's a fairly full roster. More than that, the game is well crafted. Each character not only feels unique but feels individual to the characters and well balanced. The environments are well crafted full of interactive objects to crash onto your opponents, levelThis is one of the most enjoyable fighting games you will ever play. The DC Universe cast makes the game exceptionally accessible. It's a fairly full roster. More than that, the game is well crafted. Each character not only feels unique but feels individual to the characters and well balanced. The environments are well crafted full of interactive objects to crash onto your opponents, level transitions, and crumbling backgrounds. The story mode is as good as a fighting game's plot can be. There's always room for improvement, but as far as replay, there's plenty to keep you entertained. As far as online matching, it's not hard to find an opponent. Online play is as good as any other fighter. Expand
  11. Mar 1, 2014
    Now this is a no Brainer. best fighting game I've played in years.I'm a huge DC Comics fan so being able to play as all my favorite DC characters is superb.I played injustice on Ps3 and now Ps4 and the ps4 version looks and feels great on the Ps4 Controller.
  12. Nov 28, 2013
    Best darn fighting game of any gen. Bought the standard ed. for 360 and when I got the PS4 I got the Ultimate ed. Like Mortal Kombat before it, it's easier to get into than most fighting games with plenty of depth. The devs really showed off their love of everything DC in this effort.
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    One of the best fighting games ever made!
    Imagine a fighter with DC characters that is just freaking awesome then imagine better, then imagine a story about Superman losing it and that's what this is!
  14. Jan 14, 2015
    A fairly entertaining game, especially when you can pull off one of the over-the-top special moves. But I’ve never found myself dying to play it again.
  15. Dec 1, 2013
    it's basically the same game but it is still fun to play on next gen with friends. I just wish they made some big improvements on the graphics for this game.
  16. Dec 25, 2014
    Injustice the mortal kombat in the DC universe.
    The game is a good fighter with some new features from the mortal kombat reboot.
    Story is good and interesting enough to keep playing it. It took me about 6,5 hour to complete. The game should be played in co-op ( 1 v 1 ) or in multiplayer. There are several modes to keep you playing. The ultimate edition has the dlc included so even
    Injustice the mortal kombat in the DC universe.
    The game should be played in co-op ( 1 v 1 ) or in multiplayer. There are several modes to keep you playing. The ultimate edition has the dlc included so even better.
    But to be honest it's nothing new. More of the same and priced a little bit to high. The graphics and textures aren't that impresive on ps4 as I hoped them to be. There better then on ps3 but not that much.
    If you like the DC Universe and fighting games then Injustice is for you but if you're a fighting game enthusiast I would stick to TEKKEN TAG 2 or Mortal Kombat.
    7 out of 10 for me. Bought it for 15£ and it's an ok buy.

It's free on PS PLUS for Decembet 2014 so it's worth picking up for "free" ;)
  17. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is alright, the controls are meh. The story is pretty enjoyable though and seeing all the DC characters fighting is also pretty nice to see.
  18. Dec 9, 2014
    THE GAME IS FREE ON PSN FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER, GET IT NOW IT'S FREE. It's also a damn goof game with a short but overall okay story and a multiplayer that doesn't always lag the frick out. If there was anytime to replay this game or experience it for the first time, it's now.

Verdict: It's a great game that should be played for the multiplayer and CO-OP not for the story which only

Verdict:
    It's a great game that should be played for the multiplayer and CO-OP not for the story which only took me about 5 hours to beat.
  19. Jan 22, 2015
    I recently downloaded this for free with my PS+ membership. I'm not a huge fan of this style of game, but I do enjoy being able to play as all the superheroes.

PROS: -Fun to kill time, especially with friends -Playing as superheroes is neat and entertaining -Decently challenging -Didn't cost me anything for the game CONS: -The cut scenes are horrid, the graphics are almost

PROS:
    -Fun to kill time, especially with friends
    -Playing as superheroes is neat and entertaining
    -Decently challenging
    -Didn't cost me anything for the game

CONS:
    -The cut scenes are horrid, the graphics are almost embarrassing
    -The game genre is tired, this style of game has been done too much
    -The dialogue can be a bit corny.
  20. Sep 24, 2014
    Amazing game, is fun, is creative, is intelligent and have the dc characters, i really love play this game in my xbox, all the times i play is great is a perfect pass-time
  21. Dec 15, 2014
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is merely an okay fighting game, one with little in the way of lasting appeal or engaging gameplay, but decent enough for the first couple of hours. The next gen upgrade has DLC included on the disk and a slight graphical overhaul, and I find it difficult to recommend not just to people who owned the game on last gen but newcomers entirely, unless it's a rental.
  22. Nov 8, 2014
    a solid good fighting game. really enjoyed the story but the block button being back is really annoying. interesting and enjoyable storyline with frustrating star lab missions. but still worth it if your looking for a fighting game.
  23. Nov 30, 2014
    This game is freaking amazing all the way through. I really like how the cut scenes transition smoothly into the actual gameplay. Your not gonna put ur controller down until you've beatin it. It's only like 2-3 hours anyways.
  24. Jan 14, 2015
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is an ungodly disaster The gameplay is boring and brainless, a good deal of the characters have little distinction from one another, the story is terrible, and the graphics are laughable. Not to mention the horrid character designs and bland environments. I have nothing good to say about Injustice, it is a simply horrible experience full of suffering.
  25. Dec 12, 2014
    Honestly after trying this game out I still can't believe how great this fighter it is I mean it's actually the first fighter that I have played that has a great storyline that you can fight and play along to solo in a innovative way in along time and I haven't been this happy or excited about a fighting game since I was a kid (16 bit Days with Capcom xD) with the fighting which shocked meHonestly after trying this game out I still can't believe how great this fighter it is I mean it's actually the first fighter that I have played that has a great storyline that you can fight and play along to solo in a innovative way in along time and I haven't been this happy or excited about a fighting game since I was a kid (16 bit Days with Capcom xD) with the fighting which shocked me because it was unexpected to see this in a fighting game. If you like fighting games you will love it for that alone since the fighting in it is great, everything is very polished, along with great backgrounds that you can interact with in more then one way, and and there's plenty of DC characters as well for you to choose from but the best part for me and a added bonus was the main story/chapter mode that you can play solo along to as I said above and that along with everything I mentioned is what makes this game a must play for both fighter fans and DC fans alike. Lastly this game is only 19.99 right now 12/14 and if your a PS Plus member you can even get it free for a limited time which is crazy because this is truly one of the best fighting games ever and most innovative at the moment as well and gives me hope for future fighting games if they choose to follow this direction more often. Expand

1. Not worth the upgrade if you already own it on PS3. Definitely worth a next-gen late-adoption. [January 2014, p83]
  2. Feb 16, 2014
    A quick fighting game that is easy to get into and doesn't require the player to memorize very much to be good. The Playstation 4-version has a graphics overhaul with higher resolution and better anti-aliasing, but aside from that there is nothing new.
  3. This straddles the generation gap rather awkwardly. [Feb 2014, p.90]