7.7

1. Jan 27, 2014
    This is the best Lego game so far but it, for me, still doesn't have that cutting edge. There is no doubt that the CO OP is great fun and collecting the super heros gives the game more depth then previous lego games.

The store is amusing and is in the true spirt of Marvel and captures all the cheese from the recent movies along with some smooth graphics. I'd like to see a wider

I'd like to see a wider multiplayer experience with 4 players and maybe a mini game mode.

Overall one to pick up after the price cut to around £20-25.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    This being the first modern day Lego game I've played, I have to say I'm really interested in this franchise. Lego Marvel Super Heroes will make all Marvel fanboys and Lego fans feel at home with a huge roster of characters. However, the lack of a proper free roam with using any character until you've beaten the single player is just unforgivable even if the story is pretty good. If thereThis being the first modern day Lego game I've played, I have to say I'm really interested in this franchise. Lego Marvel Super Heroes will make all Marvel fanboys and Lego fans feel at home with a huge roster of characters. However, the lack of a proper free roam with using any character until you've beaten the single player is just unforgivable even if the story is pretty good. If there are any flaws with the story, it mostly revolves around with the objectives. This game does a horrible job at telling you what to do, I can't even begin to count how many times I got stuck and just ended up saying "screw this, I'm playing a different game!" But when you do beat the game and unlock free mode, it is unfortunately underwhelming. Characters you think could do certain things like crawling on walls are non existent. Heck, they even do this with Spider-Man, all he can do is stick to walls, not crawl them in free roam. In the end Lego Marvel Super Heroes is a good game and I recommend it to any Marvel or Lego fan, you'll have a fun time with it. Expand
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    This was my first LEGO game - I was not particularly impressed as the puzzles, once figured out or experienced once or twice, simply repeated themselves throughout.

With no real penalty for failure, or dying, game play was fairly boring and risk-free. This might be ok if the story was engaging but unfortunately it was not (at least for a discerning adult). I mostly felt I was going

I mostly felt I was going through the motions to move the story along with no real sense of excitement, etc. Note that I am not a comic or superhero fan-boy, the simple fact I am playing as Hulk, or Spiderman does not make an otherwise boring game more interesting to me.

Conclusion: Pass unless you are really into superheros or comics and simply playing as these characters excites you.
  4. Sep 1, 2015
    Just got platinum on this and it's as advertised a fun Lego filled to the brim with content. You know what you buy and while no big changes have been made to the formula, the game remains fun and fresh. Perfect inbetweener.

The only 'point of criticism' I can give personally is that some of the cooler characters are give too late in the game, when I've pretty much finished the game.
  5. May 18, 2015
  6. Jan 20, 2016
    It's fun for a while, but in the end it is just a regular old lego game. The thing that got me disappointed was despite having over 50 different superheroes, there were only about 6 "power sets" or out of the 50 characters there were only 6 different powers distributed. Overall it was an okay game, but still ended up being a little disappointing.
  7. Feb 18, 2016
    As embarrassing as it is to admit this game is surprisingly hard. my only other Lego game experience was a trial of he Jurassic park version which I didn't have any trouble with. Perhaps it's the number of characters you can control that has me flummoxed but I've found it very difficult to figure out who to use and what to do so much so I've found myself cheating online just to get pastAs embarrassing as it is to admit this game is surprisingly hard. my only other Lego game experience was a trial of he Jurassic park version which I didn't have any trouble with. Perhaps it's the number of characters you can control that has me flummoxed but I've found it very difficult to figure out who to use and what to do so much so I've found myself cheating online just to get past the beginning levels. My score could change. To higher if I finally conquer the learning curve to worse if that never happens and the game becomes repetitive. Expand

1. Feb 18, 2014
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes represents Traveler’s Tales finest work with the LEGO property. All of the requisite hooks are there: a fun story, good humor, solid gameplay and healthy challenges. The studio’s reverence for the source material really pays off in the end, with content and character options that should be more than enough for any type of Marvel fan.
  2. Beautiful LEGO graphics, lights and textures; the fun never ends when LEGO's around.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    You only need a shallow appreciation for the Marvel super heroes culture to enjoy the newest Lego game. It has a lot of playable characters and the variation between exploration and standard levels is great. That makes it hard not to take the sometimes antiquated design for granted.