5.3

1. Nov 16, 2013
    Disappointed. That's the one word to describe my feelings toward this game. I thought EA had just rushed through current gen to work harder on next ten, but I was wrong. This game is just a port to the PS4. The presentation and gameplay are exactly the same, and worst of all, the graphics are barely an improvement over the current ten consoles. Why would you do this EA? What makes you think educated people will go out and purchase the same game they got months ago with minimal graphical improvement. Pure disappointment. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2013
    This was supposed to be $10 upgrade if you bought the PS3 version & now EA as usual is RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!!!!!!! Shame on EA for being such bogus liars & thieves!!!!!
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    I am very happy and surprised with this Madden 25. This is basically what I thought we would get with the PS3 version. The PS4 version is beautiful. The Physics are really in play here and will take a few games to get into. the annoying things are gone like the sluggishness of the audible and any menu in the game. Even though its not a game issue but was a major headache to me is the head to head screen doesnt have all that extra loading. You can find an online opponent way quicker especially when they back out of match screen you get to another player without loading again. The game feels more fluid like and all the things that felt weird in ps3 version are pretty much fixed in this version of the game. I give it a 9 because their isnt a perfect game and always room for improvement. I don't break down games to a technical aspect like so many other gamers do. So this game is isnt sluggish doesnt seem glitchy and has MAJOR improvements to the crowd and presentation along with everything in a stadium, and Im having fun playing it, what more can I ask for. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    With the next generation of gaming consoles being released, it's time to pick up and play the next generation of Madden. I have been playing Madden NFL Football going all the way back to Madden 1992 on the Sega Genesis. With each new system that's been released over the years, the first game I always pick up is Madden.

With Madden NFL 25 for the PS4, this game is much more than a
    graphics update. It looks and feels like a completely different game than it does on the XBOX 360. Not only are the graphics top notch, gameplay has been much improved as well. If your game plan is using the running game first like mine is, you will notice just how much the offensive line blocks better than it ever has before in the game. Believe me, I took full advantage of finding holes and following my blockers to run for big gains.

As far as graphics go, you will be hard pressed to find a better looking sports game. The players look like themselves and the football fields look incredible. If you took the time, you could count each blade of grass on the field. My only disappointment is there's still no baseball diamond in September and October in Oakland. Since the were included in the PS2/XBOX versions of the game, I thought for sure that they would be included in next gen Madden but they aren't. Maybe next year.

My biggest pet peeve in the Madden Series is no longer a problem. The sidelines and crowds are move alive and interactive than ever. For years, both the sidelines and the crowds looked liked zombies. That's no longer the case. Players now interact with each other, Coaches interact with other Coaches as well. Coaches now wear headsets like they do in real life games. The crowds come alive when the home team makes a big play. Even Oakland Raiders Coach Dennis Allen celebrated when the Raiders score a come from behind game winning touchdown.

If you are looking for a great sports game to go along with your PlayStation 4, I suggest you give Madden NFL 25 a shot. Getting your video game football fix has never been better.
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    When I first played Madden 25 on the next gen I was disappointed to say the least, the graphics in the actual gameplay were on par with PS3 Yeah cut scenes were awesome, but who cares its on the field that counts names on the names on the jerseys werent crisp and virtually looked identical to the PS3 version. what happened Gameplay well minor differences can be found but certainly not what I was expecting. Really thought it was going to be an eye opener but alas no just left with an empty feeling Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is absolutely horrible. I've never seen such awful game mechanics. If you don't complete a pass, then it's automatically intercepted. Defensive backs have eyes in the back of their heads and have hands of glue. No effort was put into this game at all, and it feels extremely unrealistic compared to past games. Way too many dropped passes. I'm sure some of this can be fixed with game sliders, but it's a pretty pathetic attempt at making a "next-gen" video game. EA is awful, they know everyone will buy their games no matter what they do, so they make no attempt in innovation. Expand
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    EA fooled the whole world The game sold is just not the game teased for 6 months where are the super graphics shown at E3 This game is just a port over ps3/xbox 360. EA must be so embarrassed that they had to sell the game 3 days before critics are allowed I mean Backbreaker already had true steps few years ago, this is not next gen graphics, these are the same old animations. If EA had worked on this game like 2K has with its basketball title, we should SEE it Expand
  8. Dec 26, 2013
    Its alright. Another EA game basically. AI is horrible. Impossible to play. Graphics could be ran on a ps3 at 2K resolution they are so much horrible next gen worthy.
  9. Jan 25, 2014
    If you have Madden 2013 don't bother with 25. I have this for the PS4 and I feel like the last 2 or 3 PS3 Madden titles looked and played the same if not better (and were less glitchy). While I like buying a new Madden title every year or two I very much regret this purchase. The graphics look mediocre even by PS3 standards (especially the faces) and button commands seem delayed and slow. This is a down year for the franchise and I hope the next one takes advantage of the new gen hardware instead of its own customers loyalty. The load times are very, very long as well so make sure you have a handheld or smartphone game ready to go for while you wait. After a few games i'm already an expert in Madden franchise history. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    They didn't just dirty uniforms and cut up grass they also added Contextual Awareness which makes every player on the field react to their surroundings. Gone are the days where players simply run around on a field like they are the only ones on it. You will be impressed to see things like tip toe animations down the sideline as well as receivers hand fighting their way through crowded space over the middle of the field.

Where Madden NFL 25 really shines is from the gameplay enhancements. Zone coverage has improved immensely as defenders read and react to plays like their NFL counter parts. The greatest change to Madden NFL 25 Next Gen is the offensive & defensive line interaction. The fight in the trenches will immediately immerse you into a gaming experience you have never felt before playing any other football game to date. The battle between offense and defense is set on every single play and it brings you one step closer to feeling the emotion of Sundays.

The double team pass blocking, worked on by former NFL player Clint Oldenburg is what makes this game Next Gen. Hands down the offensive line double teams have created the realistic experience that gamers crave. A issue thats plagued the game for years is users rolling around with QB's and still throwing perfect passes. Clint and company has changed that forever. You better stay in the pocket and climb that ladder or else you won't be completing many passes!

Madden NFL 25 has improved in a ton of areas and is a must buy. It's the most authentic football gaming experience ever created.
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    Madden NFL 25 for the next gen systems is an unexpected upgrade over the PS3/360 versions. While no sports game shows much visual improvement from the user controlled angle, all of these sports game look amazing up close. Madden 25 in no exception. The biggest change is in gameplay with the addition of "True Step". Players much slow down to change directions and they will change their footwork and plant their feet accordingly.

Another large upgrade is in the offensive and defensive line play. Blocking assignments have been changed to allow for a more organic experience, including double team blocking. CPU controlled AI is also much improved. On the presentation side we have quite a bit more commentary as well as new user interface in the pause screen in game that provides much more information for the user.

The "Ignite" engine has allowed for many changes to be made under the hood and should provide for much more to be done each year. I would easily suggest purchasing Madden NFL 25 if you have a video game and football fan in the house hold. GREAT GAME. Many of the detractors on these review sites have not played the game, and as dumb as it sounds, have a hidden agenda when giving reviews. Many websites that have given Madden low scores over the last few years have raved at the improvements made so far on the PS4/Xbox One.

Make the choice for yourself, once you play it, you will know you made the right choice.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    Madden 25 has delivered in its jump from Gen 3 to Gen 4 with great improvements in gameplay. Defense has been improved from what there has been a lack of in past versions of the game and physics become even more realistic leading to a very nice simulation football experience. The one big negative to this game is the graphics, not that they are bad but for what was expected for Gen 4 the jump wasn't that huge compared to some of the other titles that jumped from Gen 3 to Gen 4 overall graphics are better than they were before but not a huge noticeable difference. Overall this is a great addition to the series and one Id recommend getting for any football fan and it looks like the developers are finally making progress and heading in the right direction definitely looking forward to future versions of this title to see even more improvements in graphics and gameplay Expand
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    Coming from someone that owned the Ps3 version there are various improvements made here. Graphically its a step up, though looking ahead to next year I expect a lot more. Gameplay so far has been better. New engine may take a little while to get used to but the ai is without question smarter. I would recommend to madden fans and NFL fans alike.
  14. Jan 18, 2014
    It's the best football game out there.... because It's the only football game. Presentation is still mediocre, and Jim & Phil are as repetitive as announcers get. There is a very tiny to no difference from the PS3 version, and honestly I feel like I wasted $65. If you have the PS3 version, I suggest you keep that and save your money.

It's still a good game, but could be vastly improved.
    I'll give EA the nod, but Madden 15 better have some changes. Expand
  15. Feb 22, 2014
    garbage. its that simple..... But for the sake of meeting the 150 character min I'll just say it again.... This game is absolute and complete garbage
  16. Mar 5, 2014
    How can anybody give this pile of crap a 10? Are your standards that low or have you never watched an NFL game before. The commentary alone is simply embarrassing to listen to. Yes, yes, the graphics are nice I will admit that. The gameplay is still awful, CPU DBs will cover an entire half of the field and run the 40 in 2.5 seconds when going for a ball in the air. Whatever happened to Franchise mode? EA is lucky they bought the NFL license because 2K sports would be making football games that made this crap look like an Atari game. Imagine NFL 2K14 on next gen? I wish. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2013
    As both an avid football fan and gamer, I have been eagerly awaiting Madden's release on next gen systems for a very long time. Now that the game is finally here I can safely say that I am not disappointed. At first I had mixed feelings about the release, but the more time I've spent with it, the more I've enjoyed it. When I first started playing I, the graphical jump didn't seem that drastic. The player models were pretty similar, albeit much crisper. The animation set also seemed like a nominal step forward after last years release. However, after several hours of playing, the details really began to jump out at me. The lighting effects are what's most noticeable and really make the game much prettier to look at. The way light reflects off helmets, jerseys and skin looks much more natural than it does on PS3 or Xbox 360 (the helmet reflections in particular go a long ways). The animation set also proved to be much larger than I originally believed. The game improves on Madden 13's enhanced physics engine, and many of the tackles feel unique and natural. EA devs also touted their individually rendered blades of grass in the preview trailers leading up to the game's launch. While I originally laughed off this addition, when comparing next gen fields to their current gen counterparts, the difference is very noticeable. While that alone is obviously not a reason to buy the game, this small enhancement adds a lot to the already solid presentation value. The one disappointing aspect of the visuals to me was the crowd. It still feels static and there are many repeating character models. The less time spent looking at fans the better, especially when the on field product looks as good as it does.
    The game not only looks better, it feels better. From your very first snap, the improved running physics are noticeable. Users now have a lot more control of their running back as they try and hit gaps and evade defenders. The offensive and defensive line play was the other highly touted tweak to gameplay. While it's not as noticeable while playing, over time I learned to truly appreciate the changes they've made in this aspect of the game. It's effects are most noticeable in replays (which look better than ever btw), as it takes time and some attention to detail to realize its impact as you play a game. In terms of game modes, it features all that you would expect from Madden. It fleshes out connected careers (which is now named connected franchise) by adding owner mode along side the coach and player modes, but really it just catches up to where the game was before Madden 13. If you have a few friends to start on online season with, I would highly recommend it.
    As I think is the case with every Madden, realistic scores and stats don't happen from the moment you start the game. I've spent a while adjusting my sliders to produce the most realistic results, but now that I have I'm very satisfied with the product EA has delivered. With my gameplay now matching the greatly improved visuals, I can safely say this is the best Madden release in years, quite possibly ever. I've shared many fan's criticisms of the game with its recent entries but this years title illuminates almost all of them. If your a football fan, this year's Madden is a "must have".
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    I've played a TON of Madden 25 on PS3, so I have a good base to compare the PS4 version with. I spent the majority of my time on M25 through a CCM with a friend and a TON of Ultimate Team, the most MUT I have ever played in the series. The core game of M25 was solid on the last gen systems (odd that I am now calling PS3/360 as last gen now). The Connected Career and Ultimate Team were great, and are still great on the PS4 as nothing has really been changed, except unfortunately GameFace is not on the next gen systems. That is a little disappointing because it is really cool to see your mug on either a coach or owner.

The key differences on the PS4 version come from performance and visuals, but most of all game play. The visuals are stunning. The menus are slick, and I really like the dark theme to them. They are responsive and fast to load unlike in the PS3/360. One key difference, in MUT, you'd have to sit there for a little while for your cards to load in your lineup, but on the PS4, they are probably a good 3x faster to load. That is huge when you're trying to navigate things in Ultimate Team.

The performance and visuals also translate onto the field as well. The game is beautiful, especially close up shots that you can use your PS4 to take pictures of now and share. Now only does it look pretty, but the gameplay is also more refined than it was on the PS3, and it is really making the game enjoyable.

The key thing with the first entry of Madden in the new generation of consoles is the fact that EA didn't repeat the same mistake they made with Madden 06. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, they took what they had and made it better. Don't expect a brand new game compared to the PS3 and 360, just expect a nice start onto the new generation of gaming.
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    With the previous generational transition in mind, there was certainly reason to approach Madden NFL 25 on PS4 with a “wait and see” perspective. For all the hype invested, no actual gameplay camera footage was made available in the marketing push until the consoles made it out into the wild, leading many to speculate that the game would not live up to expectations.

For the most part,
    the new gameplay elements come into play as advertised. “True Step” player motion is noticeable almost immediately, as the range of “jerky” player control is limited even more. The result is gameplay which feels more grounded in reality, since it’s considerably more difficult to make sweeping directional changes without the player taking the appropriate amount of time to adjust to that new heading. Once you overcome the learning curve, player movement feels much better on PS4.

Beginning the transition from the running game to the passing game, “Player Sense” contextual awareness comes into play by having your players on the field react more appropriately to the context of their situation on the field; for example, stepping over an engaged lineman’s legs instead of tripping over them, or tiptoeing along the sideline instead of just rushing out of bounds.

It may be a good thing that the run game is so able in “Gen 4” Madden NFL 25, as the passing game seems much tougher so far compared to the previous version of the game. The “War in the Trenches” elements allow for the creation of an organic pocket around the quarterback, but part of the improvement to interactions between offensive and defensive lineman means that the pass rush has been improved as well.

As much as the CPU defense has improved, it feels as though user defense has gotten more difficult in the PS4 version of Madden NFL 25. Player switching seems sluggish and sometimes doesn’t give you the best player for the situation once a play is in action, and the CPU quarterbacks do a great job at reacting to play development more quickly as they are aware of the pocket crashing around them.

If you bought Madden NFL 25 for PS3 or Xbox 360, you’ve already seen much of what the “Gen 4” version of the game has in store with regard to presentation. That said, the addition of what’s being called “Living Worlds” has added more detailed and varied crowd models in each of the NFL stadiums, and they do a better job reacting to the action on the field as big plays build up. You’ll also notice a big change with regard to crowd noise.

One new element of presentation which doesn’t work quite as well yet involves “Living Sidelines.” Sidelines are certainly more populated than they were on PS3 and Xbox 360, and you can see these characters having some basic interaction with the game as its played on the field. However, one of the big advertised facets of this feature—players running from the field to the sideline at the end of a play and interacting differently whether they were on a “friendly” or “hostile” sideline—has yet to come into play for me.

Helmets reflect light more correctly on the new console, particularly at indoor stadiums or in rainy, snowy, or night games, which were always particularly ugly on the “Gen 3” consoles for Madden NFL and NCAA Football. On the topic of weather, rainy games see great uniform degradation through mud caking on players and their jerseys and pants.

Animations are also cleaner as a result of the game moving on to next-generation consoles, boasting the same additional catching animations added over the past few installments as well as what looks to be a newly-revised running animation which looks more correct than the too-long strides of recent titles. Tackle animations and interactions remain largely impressive through the development of the Infinity Engine, though there are still occasional “wonky” animations on tackles or other collisions which break the immersion.

Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of Madden NFL 06 when it was released on the Xbox 360 is that so many features were left behind in the generational transition. By comparison, Madden NFL 25 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is coming across from “Gen 3” with pretty much all features intact.

After an uneven “Gen 3” history for the Madden NFL franchise, Madden NFL 25 on PS4 is the beginning of a new era; an era begun by the release of a game which is focused strongly on pure gameplay requests as its selling points, even though features like revamped offensive and defensive line interactions do not make a “sexy” list of bullet points for the back of the box. The game is far from perfect, but looking over the past eight years makes it clear that the game that is launching for PS4 and Xbox One is moving in a promising direction. The gaming community will continue to watch development of the series closely but Madden NFL 25 for PS4 represents a solid starting point to build from for the next years to come.
  20. Nov 24, 2013
    Hexagon first down markers and side line player animations pulled from NCAA 14 along with the create a coach whose shoulders glitch through his shirt this is complete trash DON'T BUY IT!! Try and rent it like I did but its trash none the less!
  21. Nov 18, 2013
    I'm happy that EA has brought some more realism to the virtual gridiron football field with "True Step". No longer can a guy run full speed one way and cut up the field without momentum being involved. The graphic upgrade are very noticable when you zoom in but still a slight upgraded look from the user perspective, the crowd looks better than ever and they finally react the right way based on whats going on the field. You playing poorly at home, then the crowd will let you know. You throw a big bomb down the field the crowd will stand up in anticipation of a big catch and touchdown.

All of those who had a problem with defense not being in current gen will be happy to know that NexGen Madden 25 defense is a lot better. Zone defense is real and DBs will jump routes and react quickly enough to make a play on the ball.

The OL/DL has been improved as well as the pass pocket.

You are not going to be blown away by the graphical change, but the gameplay change is legit for anyone looking for a football simulation.

Anyone who claims Madden on the PS4 is the same on the PS3 hasn't really played both.
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    Looks amazing! Great start to a great new generation of Madden! Amazing physics, and I'm really not sure why it has such a low user score...it's a nice fresh start for the series.
  23. Nov 18, 2013
    -Overall-
    Within the first hour or so of playing this game, I quickly saw some early positives. Now, after having played 10 user games and tinkering around in practice mode, my opinion is even more favorable. This is clearly a good game that incorporates simulation aspects long missing from past EA football games, while still retaining a big fun factor. We're finally at the point where if
    you see something screwed up in the game, it's more because "it's a video game designed by imperfect humans," as opposed to "it's an EA football game designed by morons." Commishes in "sim" leagues may find less of a need for those micromanaging gameplay rules ("no zigzagging," "no immediate sprint-outs from the pocket on pass plays," etc.) because the game sort of polices itself.

Note: this is a more concise version of a review that I've posted elsewhere

-General Player Movement-
    My biggest complaint about EA football over the years is that the pixelated players have never come close to moving around on the field like you would expect real human beings to move around. This has been the core problem related to various follies in the game: players moving like they're on ice skates, players unrealistically warping to the ball or to a spot on the field, ballcarriers changing directions at extreme angles with no foot planting and barely any change in speed. After reviewing numerous highlights after my user games, I can say this is a huge area of improvement for the game, with several positive consequences.

-Realistic Running with the Ball
    It took me about 5 or 6 user games to really get a handle on TrueStep, and along the way I really gained an appreciation for how well the mechanic works. At first, it felt clunky and a little unresponsive, because my muscle memory was so used to controlling ice skating players whose weight didn't shift when changing directions. But after awhile, you start to see the benefit of not trying to make ridiculous cuts with your ballcarrier (or trying to sprint directly toward the far sideline and cut upfield), and running within the design of the play is now increasingly important. Once you have the hang of it, you'll be back to picking up good yards on the ground in situations where you would expect to do so, and when you watch the highlights/replays, you can see how you're picking up these yards honestly. Special moves are perfectly calibrated, neither underpowered nor overpowered, and can be effective when used judiciously instead of just spamming them.

All that said, if you're user controlling Jamaal Charles, and he hits a hole with daylight in front of him, he's able to take off for big gain. One of the best things I like about TrueStep is that it limits backs to realistic cuts but doesn't limit the explosiveness of backs who are explosive.

-Mobile QB Users Beware
    We've all seen (and done) the ridiculous plays with QB's out of the pocket. Like sprinting or drifting out of the pocket with the mobile QB (or even non-mobile QB) so that you can take off for big yards (after swerving a defender in a spy assignment) or buy tons of time to make a pinpoint throw downfield. One of the biggest things I noticed when I started playing user games on PS4 is that this has been toned down. The combination of TrueStep and better defender pursuit means that it's harder to just take off and pick up big gains on plays that are not designed runs. That's not to say that you don't have to worry about Cam Newton and Mike Vick and RG3, etc., but you can now more reasonably work against the frequent take-off-and-run users and they will be generally less successful in using that approach to the game. And using a 65 SPD quarterback to swerve a spy is certainly tougher, if not impossible.

-Better Defender Reaction and Pursuit
    I'm going to venture to say that there is still no gap assignment AI in the game; however, the pursuit angles taken by defenders seems considerably improved, and it has the effect of LB's often working to plug the holes they should be plugging in the run game. On plays going to the edge, smart LB's will take smart angles, rather than a terrible angle concluded by a dumb dive and miss. Of course how much "better" this stuff is depends on the players involved: highly rated defenders will play like highly rated defenders.

In pass coverage, defender reaction to receivers and the ball is the best I've seen in EA football. No, it's not perfect, and yes you will see defenders occasionally glitch out, but in 10 user games I've seen numerous occasions where a defender in zone coverage played intelligently and made a realistic play based on where receivers were located and what routes were being run. I've seen flat zone defenders backpedal when nothing was goidng to the flat, I've seen CB's in hook zones take away curls and out routes. These are plays that you simply did not see in previous versions of the game.

More to say but I'm hitting the character limit. Highly recommend this game.
  24. Nov 18, 2013
    This Madden is just the beginning of what can be accomplished on Ps4. If you enjoy Football and love matchups and strategy then this Madden has it. The days of running around in circles and throwing hail marys seem to be over, as this Madden has an Oline/Dline interaction that has not been met in Football gaming. Defensively, the Coverages seem to be fixed from current gen. This allows the game to get more of a football feel, and not so much of an arcade feel. Presentation wise, Madden has a new living worlds feature. This allows the crowd to actually show emotion when big plays happen. To me if you have a next gen console, this Madden is a must have. Expand
  25. Dec 24, 2013
    Graphically no improvement from previous games other than higher resolution. textures etc. all the same, the grass during play just looks like green paint. New crowd animations but they look like ps2 characters yet the presentation always tries to show them off. Mechanics have been changed but feels like for the worse. Caution online competitors as lots of bugs that can wreck a game. Yes probably "The best madden ever' but there is so little innovation going on at EA with this game it's a joke. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2013
    This game has a few physics engine flaws but is a huge improvement from the ps3 model. The AI is harder and tackling is much better. The game speed seems to have gotten a bit faster also making it more challenging. A few improved camera angles and way faster menu speeds. A big improvement on an already decent game
  27. Jan 19, 2014
    Well you know I like football and I always have loved Madden, but I hear that 2K has the best football game around it is just that Madden blocked them from using the NFL Rights and I hear that is up this year, so in the fall perhaps 2K will come back with a football game for old gamers like me. The competition is needed to keep EA on its toes and make some good quality games for us gamers of sports. But don't get me wrong now, I still love Madden NFL 25. Expand
  28. Apr 11, 2014
    I will never understand how big name franchises like Call of Duty and Halo keep getting barked at for lack of innovation, but this series literally changes NOTHING and continues to maintain such a loyal and defensive fanbase. How does it do it?! I'm aware that its football, and you can't really change a sport that already exists, but this is just a rehashed version of the game from last year, and the year before that, and so on. The game operates well enough, and the graphics are okay, but in terms of gameplay, you're basically buying an update for the last title. My advice? Buy it if you want Madden 13 with better graphics, but that's where the innovation stops. Honestly, This game really isn't worth $60. Expand
  29. Mar 20, 2014
    Overall Madden 25 is a solid game. My major gripe with this franchise is that there's little change overall between each game. I'd love to see more and more customization with each game, and you'd think that'd happen, but unfortunately it just hasn't with recent Madden installments. Madden 25 certainly does not break that chain. Mechanic wise it's good, the only issue I've run into is that I wish there was at least an option for user controlled player tackle assist. By this I mean "more suction" to the player you wish to tackle. I can't tell you how many times my user controlled player has simply brushed up against an opposing player rather than tackling or even tripping up the opponent. Other than that there's not much to complain about mechanic wise. If you're a football fan, Madden 25 is a great pick up. If you're a football game fan, it's solid and average at best. Expand
  30. Mar 20, 2014
    not that great. pretty much the exact same thing as madden 13. its got some good graphics but tackling, intercepting, and block shedding are still as impossible as ever no matter who the player is. i wish they would change a lot on the gameplay, make it more lie a realistic football game.
  31. May 10, 2014
    **** Madden. i hate this game, its been the same game since 2008. and there's no fun at all. there is no fun in creating a character or anything like that. compare it to backbreaker where when you created a team, it was cool to make these funny teams. and then you have madden witch is like a big "give ea money" game
  32. Jul 26, 2014
    This game is horrible I actually created this account to birch about this game not only do you have receivers who can't catch. You have running backs who's mechanics are broke you cannot run in a straight line then the defense is like vs the 85 bears defense as they show ridiculous effort and get stupid sacks interceptions and countless other things

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Madden NFL 25 is the best American football game on the market. Mainly because it's the one and only. Even with this series EA seems to have fallen asleep, focusing more on the reaffirmation of the good aspects of the past rather than the introduction of something new.
  2. Whether you're a rookie or an in-the-know veteran, this is an enjoyable package. [January 2014, p78]
  3. Dec 20, 2013
    Some may find that it’s too realistic, but I believe that Madden purists won’t be able to get enough of it.