7.7

1. Mar 16, 2016
    GREAT, Absolute fun. play it when people come over and everybody will want to join in. fun party game or play alone and indulge in story mode and tower mode.
  2. Mar 27, 2016
    its been a long time since i played MK and i fancied a bit of nostalgia. the graphics are great, and the gameplay is really smooth, despite the fact i think i prefer street fighters slightly smoother transitions from move to move. its got a decent story mode, tons of characters, other modes to keep you entertained, and if you have friends round it will be great fun to battle each other,its been a long time since i played MK and i fancied a bit of nostalgia. the graphics are great, and the gameplay is really smooth, despite the fact i think i prefer street fighters slightly smoother transitions from move to move. its got a decent story mode, tons of characters, other modes to keep you entertained, and if you have friends round it will be great fun to battle each other, with reasonably simple yet brutal fatalities and x ray moves. the extra horror movie characters are a great idea and they are quite well done actually, and i wasnt really into the new looks of the classic characters but u can unlock various outfits so that they dont look so corny.

i think most of the low scores on here are because people are angry about the full release after they bought the original and maybe paid for dlc (this is why i have started doing reviews for the games i bought, because i am sick of the nonsense and misleading reviews on here) for anyone who didnt buy mortal kombat x, now is the time to buy because its all included in this version and a great fighting game. in fact if u like fighting games then this is probably a nine
  3. Mar 30, 2016
    Not much to say other than a better, more brutal and bloody mortal kombat game with more characters. good stuff! Has great graphics and combat runs smoothly. The game can again feel like previous Mortal Kombat games. However, a Mortal Kombat fan loves the gruesome combat and the improved graphics through the franchise so i recommend a purchase if you enjoy Mortal Kombat

Pros - amazing

Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - more savage combat
    - does what mortal kombat does best
    - brilliant fighting

Cons
    - recommend you to be a fan of the MK series for a next gen Mortal Kombat
  4. Jun 2, 2017
    The only thing lacking is the gameplay mechanics, way too much 50/50 and vortex setups. Other than that, a great roster, great graphics, plenty of offline content, and a really satisfying story mode.
  5. Feb 20, 2017
    Mortal Kombat XL turn MKX one of the best games of MK franchise. This version in a nutshell is an complete version of MKX with more characters, skins, etc. The game is amazing, it has a similar mechanic with MK9, and new good characters like Cassie Cage and Erron Black. But, I missed a lot classic characters, and it seems Ed Boom Won't put they in the game. I wish a 3rd DLC, a 3rd kombatMortal Kombat XL turn MKX one of the best games of MK franchise. This version in a nutshell is an complete version of MKX with more characters, skins, etc. The game is amazing, it has a similar mechanic with MK9, and new good characters like Cassie Cage and Erron Black. But, I missed a lot classic characters, and it seems Ed Boom Won't put they in the game. I wish a 3rd DLC, a 3rd kombat pack, with more characters, stages and skins.
    Finally, I can say that MKXL is one of the best fight games of PS4.
  6. Mar 29, 2017
    Mortal Kombat XL sort of perfects the formula MK already has. The newer characters fit well in with the rest of the roster. (I only have Kombat Pack 1, so I cant speak for #2)

As the single player, all of the standard towers are here, Along with the usual extras. How they made the Krypt this time, is a little nod to all of the fans, which is really done up pretty well. As for the

As for the story mode, it's not AS good as MK9's, but it still is pretty good. Although it seems as there was a few plot holes left open, possibly when they cut certain parts. It almost feels as if they wanted to make a bigger story mode, but got cut short on the budget. But its still pretty good in terms of a fighting game story mode.

The addition of the Online Factions is really cool and adds a depth of competion outside of simply doing online matches. With that said, the matchmaking is okay, but could've been done better. (Then again, fighting games have yet to get a game that has a rock solid net code!!)

As for the roster, there are some great new additions and there doesn't seem to be any throwaway or sh*t designs like the PS2 era had. Dvorrah and Erron Black are my new favorites!

Finally, the new Brutalality moves are fun to pull off and others are just too easy to do. Overall, it adds a nice twist during a fight and gives a great OH SH*T factor, in a match.

Great entry by Neatherrealms Studios!
  7. May 7, 2016
    Excellent graphics, loads of well-balanced characters, good single-player modes, and most importantly a great netcode and fluid, smooth gameplay make Mortal Kombat XL a must-have for any MK or fighting game fan. Much better than a recently released fighting game which was literally unfinished at launch.
  8. Jan 8, 2017
    NetheRealm studion know how to do it and they did it! I am MK fan since the NES version,and this game has it all.There are some unnecessary characters (Cassie Cage) ,but overall,game is a masterpiece,especially to beat the sh*t out of your friends!
  9. Jul 18, 2016
    Best fighting game since Mortal Kombat 9.
    Excellent gameplay.
    Nice story mode.
    Fantastic set of characters.
    TONS of content.
    Beautifull graphics.
    Now updated with more content!!!
    If You like fluid, fun, brutal fighting games - go for MKX.
  10. Jan 16, 2018
    Great game, great fighting. However not all the dlc is not included that's the main problem otherwise good game.
  11. Mar 1, 2016
    Same great gameplay as before, but with all the dlc. After my disappointing purchase of Street Fighter 5 2 weeks ago, playing a game full of content as well as the good gameplay goes a long way. I wish I could have just upgraded my pc version to play in 4K, the Warner Brothers poor pc treatment is in full effect. Gamestop had a great trade in deal with $30 credit toward XL if you turnedSame great gameplay as before, but with all the dlc. After my disappointing purchase of Street Fighter 5 2 weeks ago, playing a game full of content as well as the good gameplay goes a long way. I wish I could have just upgraded my pc version to play in 4K, the Warner Brothers poor pc treatment is in full effect. Gamestop had a great trade in deal with $30 credit toward XL if you turned in the original MKX, so I paid the $35 (after tax) because I love box copies of games. The netcode seems a lot better as well. Finally I feel that Kombat Pack 2 should have been part of the original season pass that so many of us paid for. But again, even the original MKX and MK9 had far more content that Street Fighter V had on launch day for $60 bucks. The economy of video games and dlc is in a sad state. Expand
  12. Mar 9, 2016
    Mortal Kombat XL is a well produced but somewhat unnecessary re-release of an already solid fighting game. The combat in XL is just as fluent and fun as in MKX. Netherealm also bundled up all the DLC and stuffed it in this game, which is very well apreciated. The problem is that it forces people who bought the original MKX to buy THIS, so that they can get the extra content that peopleMortal Kombat XL is a well produced but somewhat unnecessary re-release of an already solid fighting game. The combat in XL is just as fluent and fun as in MKX. Netherealm also bundled up all the DLC and stuffed it in this game, which is very well apreciated. The problem is that it forces people who bought the original MKX to buy THIS, so that they can get the extra content that people that didn't buy MKX now have. Apart from that, you should buy XL if you never experienced MKX, or if you think this game will look good in your collection. Expand
  13. Mar 9, 2016
    so much fun a great game to challenge your friends and it feels like if you're playing the arcade version of mortal kombat but with great graphics and lots of cool features.
  14. Mar 9, 2016
    I love everything about this. game , well produced , good mechanics and game fights lots of online contents if you like arcade games you shall get it.
  15. Jan 29, 2017
    El cuarto mejor juego de lucha de la generación solo detrás de Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR, The King Of Fighter 14 y Killer Insctint, Plante de personajes brutal, por fin tenemos a Tremor, el regreso de un mas malvado Shinnok, nuevas caras para no alargar a los héroes de siempre que ahora han envejecido. excelente jugabilidad excelente modo offline y online, ha perdido cosas con respecto alEl cuarto mejor juego de lucha de la generación solo detrás de Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR, The King Of Fighter 14 y Killer Insctint, Plante de personajes brutal, por fin tenemos a Tremor, el regreso de un mas malvado Shinnok, nuevas caras para no alargar a los héroes de siempre que ahora han envejecido. excelente jugabilidad excelente modo offline y online, ha perdido cosas con respecto al perfecto mk9, como el modo tag, los stage fatalitys y que el modo historia es mas largo. cosas que no me gustaron ahora Ermac es una momia mago... bah es un ninja y siempre lo será. Porque no incluyeron a Kai, Fujin, Jarek recuerden que técnicamente esto es un remade de MK4. y sobretodo porque no incluyeron a REIKO todos los fans de la saga deseamos a Reiko y a Havik y mas luego de leer el comic. Mal hecho Ed Boon lee mas a tus fans o te van a traicionar, deja esa política excesiva de DLC. Fue estúpido que no incluyeras a Tanya, Baraka, Rain y Cindel como personajes desbloqueables dentro del juego y eso que están sus datos ahí a dentro. lo demás es un juego brutal y excelente Expand
  16. May 16, 2016
    Great game but NOT a 10 and also NOT a 0, doesn't deserve the terrible ratings it's been getting! If you don't like what they've done with the series, please move onto something else instead of imposing your personal affections on what is otherwise a solid production.
  17. Nov 11, 2017
    O melhor Mortal Kombat de todos os tempos! Tão revolucionário quanto o primeiro! Pica o jogo!!
    Pode comprar sem medo! Jogar com Jason, Alien... é sensacional!
    Fora que tem conteúdo pra cacete!
  18. Nov 16, 2016
    I don't understand why reviewers are giving such a high score for this game. As mentioned, reviewers are bias to certain games when it comes to review. To me its very lame arcade style of game. You just fight and fight, that's it. Lack of depth of the story telling and simple fighting style made this game somehow being rated as below average to me.
  19. Dec 7, 2016
    De momento sigue siendo el mejor juego de lucha de consola ya que el gran rival street fighter v ha sido un "fracaso "
    Gran abanico de personajes y muy dificiles de dominar
    Multijugador muy activo con varios modos de juegos y una historia bastante entretenida
    Y el modo kripta para desbloquear objetos bastante entretenido.
  20. Feb 27, 2017
    Hear me out! I liked the DLC characters but the game doesn't win. The story is boring and stupid how it ended. The cage family ruined this game and just how annoying it is to do combos. Every time I try doing combos they never respond Its a pain to master the bad-ass Predator. I was disappointed with this game that i traded it for a better game and just made not ever want to play fightingHear me out! I liked the DLC characters but the game doesn't win. The story is boring and stupid how it ended. The cage family ruined this game and just how annoying it is to do combos. Every time I try doing combos they never respond Its a pain to master the bad-ass Predator. I was disappointed with this game that i traded it for a better game and just made not ever want to play fighting games anymore. Fighting games are trash now. Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2018
    Truly annoying compared to mortal kombat 9 which was a masterpiece... Half of the characters here are missing, and are replaced with characters that just don't fit in the game.. Even those characters that I adored in the previous MK are dumbed down, so I end up playing with 2 characters out of 34 all the time, because the rest are worthless... Online multiplayer is kind of the same, youTruly annoying compared to mortal kombat 9 which was a masterpiece... Half of the characters here are missing, and are replaced with characters that just don't fit in the game.. Even those characters that I adored in the previous MK are dumbed down, so I end up playing with 2 characters out of 34 all the time, because the rest are worthless... Online multiplayer is kind of the same, you end up playing against people who have no idea what mortal kombat or a kombo is, and smashing the same moves over and over again most likely with liu kang or scorpion... Expand
  22. Mar 12, 2018
    I know a lot of ppl are helpless zom bots for this franchise, but let's be honest. They made all the characters look american instead of asian (kenshi is a prime example), they still have not fixed the crash and destroy your hundreds of dollars System subzero glitch, you can skip fights for the lazy ones (just don't use it, fan boys will say. True but it still makes the game feel cheapI know a lot of ppl are helpless zom bots for this franchise, but let's be honest. They made all the characters look american instead of asian (kenshi is a prime example), they still have not fixed the crash and destroy your hundreds of dollars System subzero glitch, you can skip fights for the lazy ones (just don't use it, fan boys will say. True but it still makes the game feel cheap thus ruining it some.) Wb has completely ruined MK. The graphics are average at best and most character faces look like anus. Oh and as if we don't have enough political or agenda horseshat in EVERYTHING, they decide to use MK as a Lgbt pedastal. Expand
  23. May 27, 2017
    I played almost all MK games in previous gens. This is the best looking of all time. Graphics & mechanics are all excellent. The new characters idea was fine. Fights are realistic. The big Con is the REGION base servers, shame on NetheRealm!!!. This is ridiculous. You can only play with same region friends.
  24. Jun 9, 2016
    While i haven't beat the game i have seen all it has to offer. This is the full game which lacks some content still like more arenas. Price wise this would be ok for x as xl. I cant wait during this game drought. I don't really play mortal kombat, i've played the classics. The fighting is basic mortal kombat moves split into 3 types. The classic combos are there. The animationsWhile i haven't beat the game i have seen all it has to offer. This is the full game which lacks some content still like more arenas. Price wise this would be ok for x as xl. I cant wait during this game drought. I don't really play mortal kombat, i've played the classics. The fighting is basic mortal kombat moves split into 3 types. The classic combos are there. The animations immediately get repeative though, they always do the same thing, a slight body movement would really help, it's boring. The games graphics are spliced between cgi and realtime, sometimes you can tell and it's jarring. They're okay.The story is weak, but i've never seen one that does it like this, it's well done for the movie fight intigration. The fatalities are the same in that they splice them from sections of the screen. They are gorey and disturbing, it's mortal kombat.Also there's a couple and they're repeative like the animations. Theres no advanced combo system multiplier. I have a chronomax, ialready know the multiplayer online isn't fair. It's a good 2d fighting game. Ps4 gets it for share play. I might play it or sell it later im not sure they don't make fighting games often and i prefer 3d ones which are even rarer. Expand
  25. Mar 10, 2017
    this game is the best fighter ever good amount of content great selection of fighters amazing fighting best to date but where it suffers is the story its to short and does not tell a good story.
  26. Sep 22, 2017
    I enjoyed playing this game. Its graphics are not breathtaking but perfectly pleasant on the eye. The controls are functional, which in this sort of game is all you need. The XL version provides a nice full range of characters and settings. If you see this game for $20/£15 buy it.
  27. Apr 12, 2017
    The story... my god... the story... if the story was good this game definitely was the best mortal kombat ever. The characters are AMAZING, the 3 fight styles is a wonderful idea.
  28. Jun 6, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pros:
    1-X-ray and Fatalities are awesome.
    2-Endings for each character in tower fighting
    3-the graphic and physics are worked quite well
    4- the sound and audio for each character is good.
    5-the game-play has got much more better and challengive
    6-QTE Epic scenes in story.
    7-Being all the DLCs and Skins and Characters in one package.

Cons:
    1-The game is fun playing but it gets boring after a while you tried every each combo and x-ray and fatalities.
    2-the krypt mini-game is trying to be fun by jumping a spider or a wolf at you (in first-person view) once in a while and the whole purpose is to find items to unlock doors to get to the new places to unlock things(Like fatalities and skins etc.)
    I guess it would be better if we could unlock them by just simply buying them in an upgrading menu so we could easily upgrade whoever we wanted.
    3-the story is good but its shallow and sometimes stupid so you have to beat some one 10 times with different characters ......
    stupid because there in the end when you reach white lotus temple with Cassie Cage and her team they can not beat up Kitana all to gather and Takeda and Briggs got hurt but after you beat Kitana alone then the two wounded teammate(Briggs and Takeda) keep up the fight against 5 power-full enemy including Kitana....
    4-The Online fighting is also fine but it lacks balanced match-making because even if you are a newbie you have to face even greater player with experience in the game so they don't let you take a breath in each round .

Conclusion:
    Mortal Kombar XL is a fun game to play but it's not just Great!
  29. Jan 28, 2018
    Goof fighting Game. More Adult than Tekken 7. Nice Story Mode . Online matches are found fast.

1. CD-Action
    May 30, 2016
    The ultimate edition of the best fighting game currently available. [05/2016, p.59]
  2. Apr 6, 2016
    This is still that good fighting game from last year, without any significant additions nor massive changes besides new characters and cosmetics. With improved netcode and all balance fixes NetherRealm has released so far, Mortal Kombat XL is nearly a flawless victory.
  3. Mar 17, 2016
    Mortal Kombat XL is the total package for newcomers, with a lot of content and fighters included. The first day fans however pay a hefty price to get all the new content.