6.8

1. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has its flaws. It is not long (8-9hours). The narative is little slower (someone may call it boring). And due to lack of action and only few stealth scenes, the gameplay is kind of simple and not challenging. On the other hand the story is interesting, the investigation elements are kind of new (similar to L.A. Noire, but that is just only one competition so the novelty did notThis game has its flaws. It is not long (8-9hours). The narative is little slower (someone may call it boring). And due to lack of action and only few stealth scenes, the gameplay is kind of simple and not challenging. On the other hand the story is interesting, the investigation elements are kind of new (similar to L.A. Noire, but that is just only one competition so the novelty did not wore of yet). The small open world with many side areas to exprose was a surprise for me (I expected linear tunel) For me the most important part is that once I started the game I did not leave it until I finished it. I was not able to stop playing and exploring the world and story. And I finished satisfied. This is something that I dont find in many games these days. So if you can get over the lack of action. If you like the games like Heavy Rain, Beyond, last Telltale Games or you like the L.A. Noire investigation parts, then give this game a change. You may be very plesantly surprised. Expand
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    While I love a good mystery there just isn't much else to love here. The gameplay just isn't interesting except for the occasional combat sequence. The open world is small and restrictive, the last thing an open world should be. The best parts of the gameplay are very scripted and so the game as a whole feels restrictive. The main character fits the detective cliché perfectly and is prettyWhile I love a good mystery there just isn't much else to love here. The gameplay just isn't interesting except for the occasional combat sequence. The open world is small and restrictive, the last thing an open world should be. The best parts of the gameplay are very scripted and so the game as a whole feels restrictive. The main character fits the detective cliché perfectly and is pretty boring. The other characters are no better. Murdered Soul Suspect is a boring attempt at a murder mystery game lacking both good gameplay or an interesting story. Expand
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing The visuals, the gameplay, are all spectacular and it's refreshing. they have completely redefined storytelling in gaming with this masterpiece. It's about being a detective and boy, does it ever do it well.
  4. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun, not sure why the professional reviewers hate it so much. Maybe they're expecting it to be a fast-paced action game or something like that which it definitely isn't.

It's a detective game with an interesting story and characters that draws you in. It's also pretty novel in that you're playing a criminal-turned-detective's ghost who's trying to find the identity of his killer. You spend the game collecting clues to figure out your killer's identity while stopping along the way to help out other lost souls in little sidequests where you figure out how they died so they can pass on. There are also lots of collectibles, some of which provide background for the story, such as notes left by the main character's wife, or that unlock stories about unsolved crimes connected to hauntings. You end up collecting a lot of clues and you have to figure out which ones will help you solve whatever crime you're working on. They make sense and its fun. You can also posess the living, and while you can't move them, you can help them remember and eavesdrop on their conversations or thoughts. You can, however, posess cats which allow you to reach places you can't reach on your own. Everything about the game makes sense...you can't walk through the outdoor walls of buildings that have been consecrated, the demons you have to sneak past to take down from behind are souls who never passed on, etc. The mood the game sets just enhances the experience, being creepy and immersive.

Overall, this game is a lot of fun. Story is great, gameplay is fun, voice acting is well done. The only drawback is the graphics aren't as fancy as some of the other games coming out this year, but they are still pretty decent, especially the lip synching. If you like story-driven games, or mystery/adventure games then you'll probably like this game. If you want this game to be a gritty shooter, then go buy Max Payne instead, because you won't get that with this game.
  5. Jun 3, 2014
    Not sure bout this one.Is this one bad like ' beyond two souls' was bad but great at the same time or is it 'Duke Nukem' bad? Cause I ranked beyond in my top 5 last year and it got similar reviews as Murdered Soul Suspect.Hey the Ramones got terrible reviews and they did not suck whereas Ace of Base got terrible reviews and they did suck.somebody please weigh in here and if your gonna beNot sure bout this one.Is this one bad like ' beyond two souls' was bad but great at the same time or is it 'Duke Nukem' bad? Cause I ranked beyond in my top 5 last year and it got similar reviews as Murdered Soul Suspect.Hey the Ramones got terrible reviews and they did not suck whereas Ace of Base got terrible reviews and they did suck.somebody please weigh in here and if your gonna be ignorant don't bother. I need an intelligent person's help. Expand
  6. Jun 7, 2014
    Murdered: Soul Suspect

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Story: I am currently half way through the story and will admit it does get you hooked, you start wanting to find out the killers motives and on top of that more about the main characters personal life, before he became a cop and what happened to him along the way. The only thing i can honestly say is wrong with the story is that the revelations about the killer is done by the collection of artefacts, therefore you if decide to just run from one checkpoint to the other without any exploration then you will miss some parts of the story.

Characters: The main character is quite intriguing, he is definitely a tortured soul, raised rough and seemingly a changed man in all aspects, instead of breaking the law he now rules it. This changeover of course has its sceptics and finding out more about what made him change and why keeps you stuck to the character and his development. The other characters you find out bits and pieces of but this in all keeps you keen to find out more.

Graphics: The Graphics to be honest are quite good in some parts and in others you can kinda tell that the creators spent more money on some stuff and sacrificed the others. This doesn't make it unbearable but it doesn't quite show what the PS4's true capability is. The only other thing that truly bugged me even though it is small is that when he talks to other ghosts his mouth stays shut and yet words are coming out. This is one of the smaller quirks they decided to sacrifice i suppose.

Result: The story and character development is this games main point of merit, the choices you make to bring the clues to life and give you the story is very interesting, but the lack of action will have some gamers at a loss.
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    I really don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the narrative based detective type genre, you will love this game. It is not action-packed, nor is it supposed to be. That being said, it is not boring either, as long as you like a good story and piecing clues together. I took a chance and bought this even with the professional reviewers defecating all over the game. I'mI really don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the narrative based detective type genre, you will love this game. It is not action-packed, nor is it supposed to be. That being said, it is not boring either, as long as you like a good story and piecing clues together. I took a chance and bought this even with the professional reviewers defecating all over the game. I'm very glad I did as it is a very rewarding experience in my opinion. I have only had one bug so far, when I used the "peek" option on a cop at the very beginning to see his notepad it wouldn't let me move the cursor on screen. I had to reload the latest checkpoint then all was fine. Other than that small thing, the game has been great. Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    I don't understand all the low reviews for this game ? This is not an action game it was never promoted as an action game its a fun puzzle game at it's core with a rich and compelling world. The demons and the little bit of combat that is in the game is perfect anymore would really be a drag and break the immersion. It's not a perfect game but it is a very fun game with a damn good story.I don't understand all the low reviews for this game ? This is not an action game it was never promoted as an action game its a fun puzzle game at it's core with a rich and compelling world. The demons and the little bit of combat that is in the game is perfect anymore would really be a drag and break the immersion. It's not a perfect game but it is a very fun game with a damn good story. If you are going into this game expecting lots of action instead of lots of exploration then yeah you are not going to be very happy.But since i am tired of all the FPS clones out now that are instantly forgettable i'm glad some developers have chosen to go a different route and give us something different to play. The game is a solid 8.5 and i would recommend it to everyone tired of run n gun shooters. Expand
  9. Jun 6, 2014
    The game is so boring. There are 75% of cutscenes in the game. Primitive, stupid and ridiculous story. The graphics isn't very good too. This is the second disappointment of 2014 after the Watch Dogs. I don't recommed you to buy this game.
  10. Jun 7, 2014
    This is a really great game with an unique and interessting story, fun gameplay and nice crime solving puzzles. The Charakters are great and the german translation is superb.
  11. Jun 11, 2014
    THIS is what's wrong with the industry. Reviewers and websites want to insure business, They do that by "pleasing" the majority, and they do that by guessing what the majority would and wouldnt like and let that bias affect their own review of the games. This works sadly. But that is also why many who would enjoy a game such as Murdered Soul Suspect won't even try it. Sad reality.

This

This game doesnt have "action" it doesnt have shooting, stealing cars, and destruction. And it is better for it. In its own genre and taken as a separate entity, this game shines.
    It is a mix of old school adventure atmosphere, smartass detective work, it is slow but it is great. The Story keeps you interested, the acting is top notch, the relationship between the main character and his partner is akin that of Booker and Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite.
    This game is fun and funny, ok in some areas and amazing in others. It is a relaxing experience, and one that should be experienced. You'll feel like you are watching Ghost (the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze flick) at times, at others it'll be a Tex Murphy experience.

It is a fun and enjoyable experience, I am more than glad I bought this game, and if this genre is your cup of tea, you will be quite glad you had this adventure. You can't beat possessing poeple and reading their thoughts.

Buy this game and enjoy it, if you have your doubts, wait for a sale. But don't miss it.
  12. Jul 9, 2014
    The problem with most game reviewers and gamers today, is that if it doesn't explode and flash in your face every three seconds, it's considered sub-par. Long gone are the days of games which were slower paced, more thoughtful and engaging to a different kind of gaming audience. I really liked this game, plain and simple. The story and characters were very good and every mission feltThe problem with most game reviewers and gamers today, is that if it doesn't explode and flash in your face every three seconds, it's considered sub-par. Long gone are the days of games which were slower paced, more thoughtful and engaging to a different kind of gaming audience. I really liked this game, plain and simple. The story and characters were very good and every mission felt different, keeping it from feeling meticulous. Yes, there are flaws in this game, but not every game can have the production value of a GTA 5. There's a lot to be admired in this game if you look for it. Take your time with it, don't rush it, enjoy it and see where it takes you. Well worth getting. Expand
  13. Nov 5, 2014
    While the idea could be good, this game fails under many aspects:
    1) game play: boring and repetitive.
    2) story: superficial and fulfilled of plot holes 2) graphics and animations: ugly textures and even more ugly models (look at the cat..are we in in late '90?) 3) length: since this game is so boring, the fact that is so short could actually be a plus The only crime here is not the
    While the idea could be good, this game fails under many aspects:
    1) game play: boring and repetitive.
    2) story: superficial and fulfilled of plot holes
    The only crime here is not the murder of the character, but the price you have to pay for such game
  14. Ed_
    Jun 5, 2014
    I am always up to a great cop story. No matter if it is realist L.A. Noire or ghostly Murdered: Soul Suspect. I simply love police work and investigation and this game perfectly gives it back.

Pros.: Fantastic story, no difficulty with controls, great sounds and graphics. Cons.: Sometimes more explanation would be needed on missions. There could have been more potential in the game.

Pros.: Fantastic story, no difficulty with controls, great sounds and graphics.

When I first played with the game, I was skeptical because I didn't think I would enjoy the gameplay without actually doing anything as a ghost but I was mistaken. Things will be strange first, like you can't get into buildings through the doors or can't easily find your way to a location. Later you will get used to it and will surely enjoy game. When you have to collect clues, make up the story in your head and then finally get a cutscene where everything what happened will be shown is just amazing. Amazing like controlling a cat by possessing it.
    Characters are well written. You will get to know them very well, you can feel that they were part of Ronan's life and you can completely sympathize with them. The afterlife-Ronan's friends and allies are also likeable and has definitive goals.
    All in all, it is an enjoyable and first-class game. I don't understand how some people and even professional reviewers can give it a negative or mixed review. Try the game, I am sure you will like it if you like investigation and some mystery.
  15. Jun 23, 2014
    Murdered: Soul Suspect has some very positive things going for it. It has an engaging story and interesting side stories. It is fun to possess people and see what they are thinking which really adds to the atmosphere that the game creates. However this game has some drawbacks I felt that Ronin was not able to impact his environment very much except for when the story specifically guidesMurdered: Soul Suspect has some very positive things going for it. It has an engaging story and interesting side stories. It is fun to possess people and see what they are thinking which really adds to the atmosphere that the game creates. However this game has some drawbacks I felt that Ronin was not able to impact his environment very much except for when the story specifically guides the player to do so. In many ways this game is really an interactive story that involves the player to explore the environment and become absorbed in its plot. The game however is incredibly easy (Quite possibly the easiest game I've ever played) and for some may be boring if they do not care about the story. I would not recommend this game to anyone who getting this expecting a challenging game that requires fast reflexes or even someone that is getting the game thinking it will be a difficult puzzle game. This game is neither of those it is an easy interactive story that is fun and interesting.

Pros: Engaging story, fun side stories.
    Cons: Very easy, lacks interaction with environment, lacks gameplay mechanics, virtually no reason to replay the game.

Overall: I rate it a 6.5 (I pushed it up to a 7 because there is no 6.5 rating
  16. Sep 1, 2014
    It's alright, defiantly not bad, has some good visuals and scary enemies but is just too easy and doesn't have more consequences for your choices like it should.
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    I believe this game had more potential to be longer and have more mechanics, however, its intriguing story and collectables are what hooks you to the game and not put it down till over. I admit I didn't know what to expect, as the gameplay videos and the so called "pre-reviews" didn't give much detail on what the game is really about. It feels like it has similar story telling as the gameI believe this game had more potential to be longer and have more mechanics, however, its intriguing story and collectables are what hooks you to the game and not put it down till over. I admit I didn't know what to expect, as the gameplay videos and the so called "pre-reviews" didn't give much detail on what the game is really about. It feels like it has similar story telling as the game "Beyond two souls" and I think the uncertainty of the game and the way it advertised itself made many people disappointed.

In my opinion:

Story: 8/10

Story is intriguing and inmersive, and hooks players

Gameplay: 7/10

There are bugs and glitches that shouldn't even be there, and the mechanics are easy and even unchallenging.

Replayability:

Not really unless you want the collectables and side stories.

Graphics: 8/10

Nice for new gen, not so much in older versions.
  18. Jun 4, 2014
    Murdered: Soul Suspect is at best described as a modern version of the point and click adventure along the lines of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls with some of the more open control options found in Alan Wake.

The game is a pseudo open world game in which you are provided limited access to the city of Salem, MA during your investigations. I say limited access because your movement (even as a ghost) is blocked in this world to very specific paths, making the game feel very linear. I consider this a flaw in the game, but Square Enix has tied it to some existing lore which makes it hard to fault them. Basically as as ghost you can pass through anything that exists in the same plane as yourself and you can't go in to any consecrated location without having a door or window opened to invite you in, (It's amazing how much you learn through watching Supernatural) and while I find these to be specific design issues they do flow with the context of the game.

The game presents very little challenge in terms of difficulty as everything is pretty much multiple choice with unlimited choices and I am not certain that you can actually fail, even in the event you can fail, once you reload your save your right back on target without having lost anything. It's a saving grace in that you don't have to replay areas in the event you screw up but it's also a fault in that the game comes off as incredibly easy. This did make the game relaxing to play though with the context of the story attempting to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Your ghost powers do not feel as freeing as I feel they should have as once again everything is pretty much multiple choice. Once you possess a human NPC you will be presented with any number of four possible options regarding that character. It might be to influence, read mind, listen, and/or see. Each of these options have a limited number of multiple choice options and are required to some extent to move on in each questline but do not seem to have any huge impact on the narrative. Ronan will also find various ghost to interrogate throughout the primary and side questlines, these interrogations are more like basic conversations in which you ask one or two questions and get one or two responses and your back to moving right along. Some of them tie in to other parts of the story and those can be interesting while the others just feel more like filler. I have to make a side note on this, the best part of your ghost powers is that you can possess cats, like common house cats. I'm not joking at all, It was awesome playing as the douchiest creature on planet earth.

While making your way through the primary questline of the Bell Killer you will be able to solve additional crimes throughout Salem. They may come from other ghost trying to get closure allowing them to move on to the afterlife or collectibles located in a each specific area that tells the story about why that area is haunted. This extends the game a little as it keeps you from just running from point to point and completing it in a few hours. The investigations are not as complex as they appeared in LA Noire but does feel familiar to those who played that title. I do feel the story is very predictable on almost every level but others may find themselves surprised by some of the twist and turns, it isn't quite a walking cliche, but it's certainly close.

Graphically this game will remind people of Resident Evil 6 (as does the art style), which isn't a bad thing as it was a great looking game last gen. That is one of the major issues for me. We are now eight months in to the Xbox One / PlayStation 4 generation and we are still getting last generation graphics, this is primarily due to cross generation support and quite frankly it's time to move on. The game controls are as solid as most modern third person games with nothing to make it stand out or hold it back, again Resident Evil fans will be familiar with the default camera and movement as it also feels like it was pulled directly from Resident Evil 6.

I feel that many people who would enjoy this game are afraid to commit to it due to price and reviews. I feel this game is a solid rental and could be 100% completed in 1-2 days of casual play. Those who need to find all 200-ish collectibles (for achievements & trophies) may need a third day to play through it but I really don't see much replay value after that. I highly recommend checking Red Box, Gamefly, or any other rental service in your area and give this game a shot. If we see a price drop below $19.99 it would be worth the price of admission.
  19. Jun 4, 2014
    This game awesome. Absolutely better than king of this genre - Alan Wake. Great graphic with good sound ambient make it -game of the year. maybe the story of it not new. We seen it before in RIPD and etc. But who say that we can't rewrite this with some improvements which gracefully turn it in all new story.
  20. Jun 6, 2014
    Sure this game has it's flaws but what game doesn't? Also I don't understand the low "critic" scores. This game is fun, with a story that is actually really clever. Sure it's a bit cheesy at times, but still clever. The gameplay mechanics are easy to understand and we'll executed. Overall great game.
  21. Jun 11, 2014
    I can't believe people underrated this game that much, it has a solid story, good mechanics and good graphics for a PS3 game which for instance Watch_Dogs didn't and this game is 10 times better than that and with 10 times less hype, a true gem of it's genre
  22. Jul 24, 2014
    This game has some HUGE potential but i feel the developers (square enix) have not used it at all, the game is buggy, some really bizzare things happen like for example the whole benefit of being a ghost is going through walls etc however i notice normal members of the public doing the same or getting stuck in walls, the voice acting is quite poor, sadly as much as i would love to - iThis game has some HUGE potential but i feel the developers (square enix) have not used it at all, the game is buggy, some really bizzare things happen like for example the whole benefit of being a ghost is going through walls etc however i notice normal members of the public doing the same or getting stuck in walls, the voice acting is quite poor, sadly as much as i would love to - i cannot find many positives. its not a terrible game by any means, its mediocre

EDIT - Just finished the game, i liked the story, it was different so i have increased my score from a 6 to a 7 and thats very generous of me, cannot blame anyone for rating it lower than that.
  23. Jun 30, 2014
    Game was a solid 7.
    Game was a solid 7.
    The story was on par with most horror films, but for a game you need just a little more thrills to feel that the value in the 4 hour campaign is supported the by the demand the publisher & developer wanted at there $60.00 retail price. This is why it's getting mixed and negative reviews, if the game released at a $20.00 digital copy and $30.00 retail, it would have sold faster than Justin Beiber concert tickets would at middle school pep rally. So developers need to re-think there model for digital sales and games that don't offer the bells and whistles most conventional next gen games offer, of even current gen games as well.
  24. Sep 25, 2014
    Square-Enix style is definitely there, I can see why they picked up Airtight's game. You have to have an open mind to their artistic license because if you overthink the reality of it all, you'll get annoyed.

The puzzles were a little easier than they should have been near the end of the game. The added dimension of fighting the demons wasn't so fun to me. It just seems like a lackluster attempt at putting action into a game not designed to have action. Not to say I wouldn't have enjoyed some action, but that wasn't the way to do it.

I can't say there's much post-gameplay or replay value. It has no New Game Plus. The collecting quests were ok, but all in all I was unimpressed by the side-quests. Everything was easy, and nothing really felt that rewarding when it came to most of the game's peripheral activities.

The voice acting and music were good, the graphics were good, the game took me probably under a dozen hours to beat completely. All in all, I felt a little disappointed, it was much shorter than I expected, the mystery wasn't that hard to figure out, the extras were the same boring extras every RPG has at the absolute minimum, the player has no influence on the ending or the overall outcome of the story. It's a very basic game.

Audio Visual Overall: 8

Game Value: 2.5
    Length: 4
    Freedom: 4
    Extras: 2
    DLC: 0 (Because Airtight Games closed, there more than likely will never be any, so this short little game is probably as big as it's ever going to be.)

Overall: 5.72
    It looks like an unfinished game with a world of potential. Gamers want more control, more hours of story and extra things to do, this game is good for a day off, nothing more. I suggest renting it instead of buying it, but if you are buying it, get the disc, and hold onto it, the company that made it won't be making anymore games, and who knows, it could be worth something in a decade or so, but I wouldn't count on it.

Let me reiterate, this game has one outcome, and everything is restrictive. Your experience in this game will not be like Heavy Rain or Beyond: 2Souls, one ending, an unchangeable mystery plot. It's not the same, if you enjoyed it, good for you, but this game wasn't nearly the quality of Heavy Rain or Beyond: 2Souls.
  25. Sep 29, 2014
    The worst game I played in my life!
    Graphics seens like a old gen.
    No action.
    Poor Puzzles.
    I play 1 hour and makes me tired and i go to bed.
    Most dialogues.
    You have to kill some demons this demons seems like a bright shadow.
    Basically is possess and read people's mid.
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    7.5/10 ...First of all this isnt nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. It really is a great game if you're into puzzle solving and crime fantasy. To me, it felt like a cross between the games CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Fatal Frame/Project Zero. I think the biggest problem people have with it is there isnt a lot of action. Its very story driven and7.5/10 ...First of all this isnt nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. It really is a great game if you're into puzzle solving and crime fantasy. To me, it felt like a cross between the games CSI: Fatal Conspiracy, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Fatal Frame/Project Zero. I think the biggest problem people have with it is there isnt a lot of action. Its very story driven and you interact with your surroundings as you go; collecting clues and putting the pieces together. Sometimes its not always obvious and other times the game doesnt do a very good job at wording things correctly, so sometimes your choices are hit and miss. Overall its a fun game, not much to do after you finish it but I would certainly recommend it to fans of crime adventures or the games i mentioned above. Very happy I bought it after sitting on the fence for a while. Expand
  27. Oct 28, 2014
    Sadly, Murdered feels massively unfinished. It's sad because what is there is really quite decent.
    The setting and story are well realised, but there is too much left on the drawing board in gameplay terms.
  28. Aug 31, 2014
    A decent game - I'm compelled to write as I totally disagree with the critic reviews who perhaps wrongly believed they were getting thier hands on COD or BF4 or something?
    This is not run and gun!
    Think Heavy Rain, sprinkle with LA Noire and you have Murdered: Soul Suspect. Now, it is not as good as Heavy Rain nor LA Noire but its not a AAA release (and associated price tag) afterall -
    This is not run and gun!
    Think Heavy Rain, sprinkle with LA Noire and you have Murdered: Soul Suspect.
    Now, it is not as good as Heavy Rain nor LA Noire but its not a AAA release (and associated price tag) afterall - its an A or AA at best release - that said, if you like the genre I'm talking about its worth a look.
    Its easy to beat (8-9 hours) but has a decent story and and a fair amount of side quests, plenty of collectables and trophies and an Ok/good story.
    Hand on heart - this is one of those games that requires being picked up at your local store 'used' section, taking home and beating and then trading back in - think about it - for the amount you'll actually pay, its decent value for money entertainment for a couple of nights..
    Taking this into account, 7 is a FAIR score...
  29. Nov 6, 2014
    The story itself is not terrible, it is actually interesting. Trying to find who the killer is and when you seem to have figured it out, a wrench is thrown in to take you somewhere else. However, The story itself is quite short. 4-6 hours. Also the empty, lifeless (no pun intended) open world ruins the feeling of the game. there is absolutely no reason for the open world other than a fewThe story itself is not terrible, it is actually interesting. Trying to find who the killer is and when you seem to have figured it out, a wrench is thrown in to take you somewhere else. However, The story itself is quite short. 4-6 hours. Also the empty, lifeless (no pun intended) open world ruins the feeling of the game. there is absolutely no reason for the open world other than a few side missions and the monotonous item search. Some games need to have a longer story line and a linear arc. looking at games like "Heavy Rain" it shows us that we don't necessarily need an open world to make the game longer. Sometimes all we need is a great riveting story line. Expand
  30. Aug 9, 2014
    If you are looking for a game with combat or stealth or something of this nature, stay away from it, as the game is not one of those types of games. This game is in the vein of something like La Noire or Beyond Two Souls, it is a game about looking for clues, investigating, and occasionally using your ghost powers. If having constant gameplay is something you dont need, youll get drawn inIf you are looking for a game with combat or stealth or something of this nature, stay away from it, as the game is not one of those types of games. This game is in the vein of something like La Noire or Beyond Two Souls, it is a game about looking for clues, investigating, and occasionally using your ghost powers. If having constant gameplay is something you dont need, youll get drawn in by the world of the game, which is very well thought out. Your main character is not the usual archetype. He is a bit of a badboy, being a wiseass who chainsmokes, but truly wants to help, and not just because he is dead. There are some pretty interesting characters and a story that has a unique twist to it and not an ending you can easily call out. It is a fun game, and I rate it an 8.5, I edged it to a 9 due to some of the bad user reviews on here that complaim about lack of aforementioned gameplay aspects. The problems with the game are 3 things: 1) it is too linear, it doesnt have any kind of branching like LA Noire does. It is also om the short side, took me around 9 or 10 hours to complete. And the final part of the game, if you are a completionist and want to do everything for a trophy, youll want to wait to do it until you complete ALL of the side stuff. You can 100% this in the first playthrough, but you wont be able to go back once you go to the final part, youll have to start a new save if yoi wanna do that stuff, which is just a glaring flaw, but one that at the same time is really small. Expand

1. Oct 2, 2014
    If you're looking for a relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon, Murdered fits the bill, but that's about it.
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    I expected Murdered to be an interesting, modern adventure game. Instead I got a very shallow story paired with irritating gameplay mechanics. [08/2014, p.52]
  3. An interesting concept with half-decent story beats, dragged to hell by shonky puzzles, odd dialogue jumps and bugs that are far more terrifying than the subject matter. [Aug 2014, p.87]