NBA 2K14 PlayStation 4

6.5

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Well this is certainly the best bball game of this gen so far... Most defiantly better than NBA Live.. However I feel that this DRM crap is scary... DRM needs to get put out to pasture.....It's not even funny anymore, not that it ever was.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    2K should be rewarded for taking the new hardware and really showing the capabilities of them...this is a great step forward where it seems all sports games are going to play catch up as 2K demonstrates strides to realism in the way a games visual match up against reality....the shortcomings will get smoothen out in future tiltes.....other reviews complain about the cinematics but this is2K should be rewarded for taking the new hardware and really showing the capabilities of them...this is a great step forward where it seems all sports games are going to play catch up as 2K demonstrates strides to realism in the way a games visual match up against reality....the shortcomings will get smoothen out in future tiltes.....other reviews complain about the cinematics but this is the only sports game thats trying to place u in the atmosphere they isnt so much more 2k can do to push u there.....but they attempt wholeheartedly with my respect to video games that get unjustly compared to real life....its a game people Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    Phenomenal graphics, somewhat dumb AI while playing quick games. Same game as you would expect with minor tweaks. The online however is unplayable at the moment but 2k servers have always been terrible leaving 2pt or for a 8 out of 10
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Honestly NBA 2k14 is the BEST BASKETBALL SIMULATION EVER!!! However, if I was being a severe critic of realism I could say that the old school days of arcade NBA Jam style are still alive & well in this version of 2k. This, for Me, makes this My ATF (All-Time Fav) hoops game, & on the PS4 it's just absolutely gorgeous. The only gripe for true purists will be the over-the-top WWEishHonestly NBA 2k14 is the BEST BASKETBALL SIMULATION EVER!!! However, if I was being a severe critic of realism I could say that the old school days of arcade NBA Jam style are still alive & well in this version of 2k. This, for Me, makes this My ATF (All-Time Fav) hoops game, & on the PS4 it's just absolutely gorgeous. The only gripe for true purists will be the over-the-top WWEish MyCareer mode which includes cheesy cut-scenes & the innately annoying knack for your counterpart to always be catching fire & carrying his team to an unrealistic degree. Having said that, when you're dropping 20 & 10 in your rookie showcase game you can understand the developers pushing your competition. For those who enjoyed catching fire in the heyday of NBA Jam you'll LOVE 2k14's varying levels of getting "ON FIRE!!", including defensively if you make a few good plays on D (steals, blocks, etc). The visuals are stunning, presentation is as realistic as I've ever seen & they even use the Real Voice feature to have real coaches & players during interviews. The online is a different twist on park hoops which allows you to watch & join games going on live by calling "next". There's more modes than you'll even have time for which makes for an overwhelmingly awesome full package. NBA 2k14 is the Best Basketball Game Ever. Good luck NBA Live!!! lol Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    This is what 2k had REALLY been working on since the beginning of the year. Not WWE 2k14, not MLB 2k13, and most certainly not NBA 2k14 for the 360/PS3. This game is amazing in many ways. First of all, the graphics are unbelievably good. The gameplay is relatively similar, but still solid, since 2k has nearly perfected gameplay when it comes to NBA games. Also, the my GM mode is fun andThis is what 2k had REALLY been working on since the beginning of the year. Not WWE 2k14, not MLB 2k13, and most certainly not NBA 2k14 for the 360/PS3. This game is amazing in many ways. First of all, the graphics are unbelievably good. The gameplay is relatively similar, but still solid, since 2k has nearly perfected gameplay when it comes to NBA games. Also, the my GM mode is fun and fantastic, along with a deeper myPlayer mode than ever before. Finally, the presentation is much improved, with a much more real looking format. I'm proud for this to be my honorary 1st game for the PS4, and I in no way, shape, or form regret preordering this fantastic sports game. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    I have always loved the 2K franchise, however on last gen (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC) the gameplay was the same every year and not much new content was given each year.
    The gameplay aspects and graphical aspects of the 2K series has always been fantastic. Yet, NBA 2K14 next-gen delivers the same feeling and gameplay as last-gen does, but improves on every aspect, if that makes sense. The players have more emotions and react differently when an important moment happens in-game. For example, when Ray Allen makes a three, he does a little smirk, or when Westbrook does a devastating jam he pumps himself and the bench up.
    I probably don't need to say this, but the graphic improvement is extraordinary, as expected. Steve Nash no longer looks like a paedophile, to the beads of sweat off every player, the leap in the graphical compartment is brilliant and only takes that next step to immerse the player in that next gen experience.
  7. Feb 20, 2014
    This game is amazing!
    It's not as much a sports game as it is an RPG version of a basketball game and iv'e been playing it for about 500 hours now and i'm not tired yet and this is amazingly fun with friends as well!
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    I've been playing NBA 2K since the dreamcast version and I can say, 2K, even if they release NBA 2K annually, don't recycle their games as what EA is doing with NBA Live.

So far, NBA 2K14 for PS4 is the best basketball video game in terms of visual and gameplay. With state of the art graphics, you'll just say, 'WELCOME to NEXT GEN!'. My wife even thought I am watching a live NBA game. Players have emotion, you can feel them.

Just read video game sites reviews for more.

What I don't want with NBA2K is they are missing the 'Season Mode' and it cost them 1 point.
  9. Dec 2, 2013
    Best sport game again. Just like that. All environments around NBA you can feel, even the interview after the match or between the periods. The gameplay is more fluid then PC or PS3 and the movements are really smooth. The graphics is where PS4 shows its best, you can see the beard, the faces are like photos.
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    Considering this was released with a new system im very very impressed how it turned out, they clearly put all their work into the next gen versions this year, i have 2k13 for ps3, and this is a much better experience, it seems like theirs cut content at first but pretty much all of it is their its just hidden very well this time.

This is the best basketball game out right now and most

This is the best basketball game out right now and most likely this will be better than NBA live
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    Best NBA game you can get, but story mode is super cheesy. Same game on Xbox One but have negative reviews there, what the heck??? I don't get all the hate, graphics difference is barely noticeable, especially when just playing the game....
  12. Dec 14, 2013
    Although I am very bitter against the NBA being located in Seattle, I love the way 2K does its basketball. The graphics and updates for the PS4 launch are killer. The graphics are on par with Killzone Shadowfall for best Next gen game so far graphics wise. Since I don't have a team, I usually just play My Career. This year it is addicting, a great story, cut scenes are awesome, and no moreAlthough I am very bitter against the NBA being located in Seattle, I love the way 2K does its basketball. The graphics and updates for the PS4 launch are killer. The graphics are on par with Killzone Shadowfall for best Next gen game so far graphics wise. Since I don't have a team, I usually just play My Career. This year it is addicting, a great story, cut scenes are awesome, and no more repetative drills all the time to rank up.. One huge dissapointment is the GM mode.. If you want to sim and thats your style, you get no VC!! So you can't use any of the features unless you play everygame, use your My Career VC, or pay. Anyways, game is great like always! Expand
  13. Dec 27, 2013
    This game looks stunning, plays smoothly, and has improved presentation. It's everything I wanted on the current-gen version. The reason it isn't perfect is because of the constant online issues i've experienced since i've played it. And while it's great MyCareer has a story now, it can be corny and linear. But this is clearly the best basketball game 2k has put out.
  14. Jan 4, 2014
    The basketball gameplay is terrific. The visuals are stunning and the myPlayer and myGM career modes are well done. You could easily drown several months on end playing this game. The VC system and methodology for building up your player/career can be a little obnoxious but it adds to the replay value of the game and makes you want to keep working at it. I don't mind the cost of the VC inThe basketball gameplay is terrific. The visuals are stunning and the myPlayer and myGM career modes are well done. You could easily drown several months on end playing this game. The VC system and methodology for building up your player/career can be a little obnoxious but it adds to the replay value of the game and makes you want to keep working at it. I don't mind the cost of the VC in actual money because the game is honestly worth more than the $60 price.

HOWEVER. There are several game breaking issues that users report over and over regarding the myPlayer and myGM saves corrupting, games freezing, critical features missing that make you really question how much time you want to put into the game. The always online or offline save system and 2Ks particularly unreliable and overloaded server system seem to wreak havoc on saves and I know I'm not the only player left holding their breath every time they save or load a file.

If I was not afraid of losing my progress and actual cash I could really pour some time into this game but I'm hesitant to do so after losing major saves in 2k11 and 2k12. An issue that I just can't fathom is not shored up. I don't mind the occasional visual "shorts or shoes" glitch. That happens, but the actual save files and critical game features must work.
  15. Jun 4, 2014
    NBA2k14 is a noticeable improvement from the previous versions of the series. The players look real and the effort put into this is amazing. The gameplay has a few bugs but generally feels smooth and is really fun. The downside is the MyCareer mode that is horribly cheesy and is too embarrassing to play. If you're an nba fan you must buy this game.
  16. Apr 25, 2014
    A good improvement over the last two games on a few things. But many problems still persist:

*Team defence is usually a joke, get ready to concede many three pointers as almost all of your perimeter players sprint into the paint and leave their men open. *2K's beloved suction animations are still here. Hate these! *MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: In MyPlayer mode, your player can't have any

*2K's beloved suction animations are still here. Hate these!

*MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: In MyPlayer mode, your player can't have any stat at 99. NONE. My point guard has attribute caps on many of the things he should be able to max. Speed, Quickness, Ball Control, Ball Security, Shot Medium, Free Throw, Layup etc. all capped at 92. WHO PUT THIS IN??? You have to buy +10 attributes every 5 games if you want to max them out. Butyour overall will be less than 99. That's right. Your MyPlayer's overall will always stay lower than LeBron's. Average 100 ppg, 50 rpg, 50 apg, it will still be lower.

*The Park mode is a joke. I spent the same thought into writing this point as 2K has spent into designing the mode. Which is around 10 seconds.

EVERYTHING ASIDE, 2K did manage to create a beautiful game with many redeeming qualities. Spectacular commentary, graphics and production quality. A great improvement on the last two year's games. I HOPE we won't have anymore suction animations on 2K15, AND PLEASE 2K, LET US MAX OUT ATTRIBUTES.
  17. Mar 15, 2014
    NBA 2K14 is the BEST basketball game there is.The game has all of teams there are,has great basketball simulation than previous in ps3 and it is surely better than nba live14.
  18. Mar 23, 2014
    I was not a big fan of sports a few years ago watched a basketball game and fell in love ever since, I did not play basketball games because when I played NBA Live 09 on PS2 years ago when I was younger I didn't understand the game very well the foul calls etc I got back into playing the games during NBA 2K12 and cracked it for the PC since then I've played 2k13 and 2k14 on the PC myI was not a big fan of sports a few years ago watched a basketball game and fell in love ever since, I did not play basketball games because when I played NBA Live 09 on PS2 years ago when I was younger I didn't understand the game very well the foul calls etc I got back into playing the games during NBA 2K12 and cracked it for the PC since then I've played 2k13 and 2k14 on the PC my friend told me that the console version of the game was different regarding my career which is what a lot of people play the game for its not as bland as the pc version regarding cut scenes coach settings the overall fluidity of how the ai players perform around you etc. I bought the PS4 version after playing the PC version and there were so many other features to the game its hard to name them all. I would only take off a point from making this a 10 because I bought a digital download of the game off gamespot and it takes a while to install the game took me a full day I suggest buying a digital copy I know it wasnt my net connection. I also had a issue where my game stopped loading and the screen going black and i had to reinstall it once so theres a few bugs they have to work out with the game and the server but overall its one of the better PS4 games out atm. Expand
  19. Mar 31, 2014
    With most of the bugs ironed out, this is honestly the best basketball game ever made. Yes, there are still a few kinks to be ironed out for the 2K15 issue but with slick controlling, incredible graphics and the trusted gameplay from 2KSports it simply does not get better than this. I play MyGM mode almost every day, and with imported legends it really makes a dream match up for myWith most of the bugs ironed out, this is honestly the best basketball game ever made. Yes, there are still a few kinks to be ironed out for the 2K15 issue but with slick controlling, incredible graphics and the trusted gameplay from 2KSports it simply does not get better than this. I play MyGM mode almost every day, and with imported legends it really makes a dream match up for my favorite teams. I play as the Warriors (without Legends, Mullin to the Pacers and Hardaway to the Heat) and it is quite satisfying to go up against current teams like the Jazz with additions such as Stockton and Malone and today's Magic mixed in with Penny and Shaq. Everything a basketball fan could ask for. Expand
  20. Jun 8, 2014
    I've been playing 2K Basketball games since the release of NBA 2K11. This game is the first one that I have played on the next generation console (PS4) and I have to say that it is my favorite so far. But I think this is simply because it is on the new console. The game has a lot of defects...the main one for me is the fact that almost all game modes are only available when connected toI've been playing 2K Basketball games since the release of NBA 2K11. This game is the first one that I have played on the next generation console (PS4) and I have to say that it is my favorite so far. But I think this is simply because it is on the new console. The game has a lot of defects...the main one for me is the fact that almost all game modes are only available when connected to the internet. I don't see why I need to have an internet connection to play a regular season mode game. It really has nothing to do with live updates and what not...and in past years, this mode has been a staple of the 2K franchise. Gameplay is solid and the graphics are by far the best on any basketball video game I've seen yet. The game is very connected to today's NBA and provides updates daily. Its a solid game and its a good start for 2K on the next gen console..they have a lot to work on so it will be interesting to see how next year's game turns out. Expand
  21. Jul 24, 2014
    The game is awesome, the graphics are totally out of this world, in my opinion, the best in the ps4 up to now. There were no drastic upgrades in the controls of the game, but somehow, it got a little better and easier to play.
    All the modes are fun to play, i personally love the my career mode, but sometimes play the others modes as well. The only reason i don't give a 10 to this game is two little bugs, that weren't corrected when i wrote this review.
  22. Aug 19, 2014
    Great graphics! Great gameplay! So fun to play and a must buy for any NBA fan because there is no other basketball game available which comes close.. Only bad thing is the reliance on internet in order to edit rosters and rosters have to be saved on the 2K servers.

1. Dec 19, 2013
    A genuine step-up for the NBA 2K series, and a great showcase for next-gen visuals. [Jan 2014, p.71]
  2. Dec 11, 2013
    The inclusion of microtransactions and the need for an internet connection have a major impact on how easy it is to recommend this game. Still, it’s the best basketball game on the market.
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    In this next gen' era filled with crappy ports, NBA 2K14 is an exception, a great example with brand new graphics engine allowing impressive graphics. Visual Concepts's Basketball sim delivers graphics never seen in a sport games, and gives a meaning to the term next gen' on par with Killzone : Shadow fall and Battlefield 4. But beyond impressive graphics NBA 2K14 keeps touching perfection in terms of gameplay, still as precise as ever, with a game experience still more satisfying due to the very well done AI. You still don't know what game to buy for your PS4 or your Xbox One? Think again.