2.7

1. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't waste your money. This should actually be a free to play game! That's how awful it is. Even then it would seem like EA is trying to All it's got going for it is Ultimate Team but Next Gen 2k has already taken care of that with MyTeam upgrades. Should had been scrapped just like there last effort. The low reviews are dead on. Don't get me wrong I am one of the people who play LiveDon't waste your money. This should actually be a free to play game! That's how awful it is. Even then it would seem like EA is trying to All it's got going for it is Ultimate Team but Next Gen 2k has already taken care of that with MyTeam upgrades. Should had been scrapped just like there last effort. The low reviews are dead on. Don't get me wrong I am one of the people who play Live '95, '96, '97, '99, & 2000. In a way wanted a 2nd great basketball sim, but Live is a thing of the past. EA trading garbage for cash again. Thought they'd learn there lesson. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    I just played this game for about 2 hours.... Unlike the so called reviewers, if you know how to play basketball you can appreciate the game. I really like it. I wish there could be more, and there are a lot of areas it needs to get better... but dont listen to all the haters on EA. its a good game and so far the one that comes closet to actual basketball. Its worthy. Nice to haveI just played this game for about 2 hours.... Unlike the so called reviewers, if you know how to play basketball you can appreciate the game. I really like it. I wish there could be more, and there are a lot of areas it needs to get better... but dont listen to all the haters on EA. its a good game and so far the one that comes closet to actual basketball. Its worthy. Nice to have competition again. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    Played this at a friends house, couldn't believe how terrible it actually was. Anyone who says different is either trolling or desperately trying to justify their purchase. 2K is where it's at, period.
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is garbage. EA at it's best, no effort making this game, just finish it fast and sell to the parents who are buying this game for their kids, because none of gamers will buy this garbage itself.
    Ugly graphics. Ehm...EA did you know that it's a next gen game? Looks like you don't. Just stopo releasing such garbage.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Does not feel next gen AT ALL. It imitates 2k poorly in every way. The controls are frustrating and wildly unbalanced, with no where near the speed or fluidity of 2k. The graphics are sub par and easily could be mistaken for a current gen game. It feels like the NBA Elite 11 demo that bombed terribly and never saw release. This game should have been shelved too.
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    for a sports game on its own, and not comparing it to 2k. Live14 is a decent game. player models are not bad. the display and presentation are great, they are solid in both areas. the addition of jalen rose is great. i love that. the best of series against friends is a decent idea. i love the trails or challenges that they have in the game. its a quick and easy way to kill a few min whenfor a sports game on its own, and not comparing it to 2k. Live14 is a decent game. player models are not bad. the display and presentation are great, they are solid in both areas. the addition of jalen rose is great. i love that. the best of series against friends is a decent idea. i love the trails or challenges that they have in the game. its a quick and easy way to kill a few min when your waiting for a friend or a game to play.. overall this game is a solid first start. i am hope full for EA going forward with Live

now i will still play 2k14 on my ps4.. thats my go to game at the moment. but i am enjoying live14 for what it is. a change of pace and a decent game. all i can say is play the demo and keep an open mind.
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    This is a good game in some parts the ball handling and crossovers in the game feel fluid. The graphics are still to me a little Gen 3 and the game play is really not on that level. The addiction of the ultimate team is a plus in my book it gives you the opportunity to play with legends such as Larry bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson. The rising star mode in NBA Live 14 is okayThis is a good game in some parts the ball handling and crossovers in the game feel fluid. The graphics are still to me a little Gen 3 and the game play is really not on that level. The addiction of the ultimate team is a plus in my book it gives you the opportunity to play with legends such as Larry bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson. The rising star mode in NBA Live 14 is okay comparing it to NBA 2414. The game play for NBA Live 14 is bad in some parts like when the user tries to shoot from mid range the ball will get blocked a lot. Rung from end to end of the court feels a little laggy in some parts. The body's all look like they are the same in size but not in height. All out I say NBA Live 14 is a good game for those who want Live to come back here you go. Expand
  8. Nov 25, 2013
    Total garbage. Those defending EA and this game should really get out more. Controls are clunky, graphics remind me more of Minecraft than anything next-gen. Definitely rushed out the door to cash in on parents buying it for their whiny brat kids.
  9. Nov 19, 2013
    The IGN review is clearly off. This game is nowhere near 43. I have put in some great time with this game over the past three days, and I would give this a solid 7. The game is fun once you learn the controls and get the hang of it. Just because you can't score all the time and right away doesn't make it a bad game. The visuals are definitely not up to par with 2K, but the featuresThe IGN review is clearly off. This game is nowhere near 43. I have put in some great time with this game over the past three days, and I would give this a solid 7. The game is fun once you learn the controls and get the hang of it. Just because you can't score all the time and right away doesn't make it a bad game. The visuals are definitely not up to par with 2K, but the features and core gameplay are good.

Recreating recent big moment in the NBA just days later is very fun. The Rising Star mode is pretty decent, but tough. Ultimate Team gives the game a new dimension it has never had. I look forward to EA improving upon a solid title in the next iteration.
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    Ignite Engine? Next Gen? Awesome physics and so on as said and claimed by EA games. To tell you the truth all are just lies. This game has nothing to offer as a next gen title nor it is worth to pick up even if you love NBA series. Certainly 2K's one is just 100% better and a real next gen title. Everything in this game so far is taken wrong as if it is a very lazy and fast port...even theIgnite Engine? Next Gen? Awesome physics and so on as said and claimed by EA games. To tell you the truth all are just lies. This game has nothing to offer as a next gen title nor it is worth to pick up even if you love NBA series. Certainly 2K's one is just 100% better and a real next gen title. Everything in this game so far is taken wrong as if it is a very lazy and fast port...even the ps3 version is better"
    dunt waist your money ^_^
  11. Nov 23, 2013
    Really EA??? Really? This game sucks big time. By far one of the worst basketball games of all time. Maybe EA should ask 2K for pointers. Im not gonna get into the gameplay because it is almost non existent. If you played 2k over the years dont even waste your time picking this up, Seriously
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    This may not be only the worst basketball sim I've ever played, but the worst sports video game I've ever played. The graphics look like something on a PS2 and are even worse than the graphics in the two cancelled games (NBA Elite 11 and NBA Live 13), the ESPN presentation is outdated, the announcing by Mike Breen and JVG (Two of my favorite announcers on TV) is awful compared to previousThis may not be only the worst basketball sim I've ever played, but the worst sports video game I've ever played. The graphics look like something on a PS2 and are even worse than the graphics in the two cancelled games (NBA Elite 11 and NBA Live 13), the ESPN presentation is outdated, the announcing by Mike Breen and JVG (Two of my favorite announcers on TV) is awful compared to previous NBA Live games and NBA 2k14, and worst of all, the game play is chunky and terrible. Shooting forms are way off and the movement of the players makes them feel like toy action figures. The ultimate team is similar to NBA 2k14s myTeam, and while playing the NBA moments mode sounds fun on paper, it really doesn't appeal to me at all. EA darn f****d up. This game is not worth your time or money. This is easily one of the worst sports video games of all time. Expand
  13. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is a disaster. Too bad for EA, I already bought and played 2K14 on my PS4. My friend bought this and went to our house. He wanted to trade it with my 2K14 plus cash. We played it then I was like, ooohh, how disgusting compared to 2K14.

This is not a must buy. This should be free. EA really are not good developers. They always recycle their games. The graphics are like on

The graphics are like on the PS3, NBA Live 2009. I feel disappointed for EA. But I love, SKATE. Bring back SKATE and you'll get my money and trust back.
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    This is a bad game. Played a few game in the dynasty mode. After two games, turned it off, and went back to NBA2k12 (Yes I said 12) on my xbox360. Do yourself a favor and buy NBA2k14, I will. I made the mistake of giving this piece of crap game a chance.

Don't be fooled by the so-call "ballers" saying if you know basketball you will like this game. The game mechanics is terrible. I can score at will against the A.I. even at the hardest setting using a few joystick moves. It looks terrible too. One of the most disappointing game I ever played.
  15. Jan 22, 2014
    This game has everything horrible.
    Gameplay is horrible.
    Graphics is horrible. Animations are horrible. Physics are horrible. Models look plastic. Only good things are: the NET, and the nostalgia of a PS2 game (but since its intention is the NEXT Generation and the future of gaming) Details are horrible or you can say NONE. You can download the demo and see for yourself. Ultimate
    This game has everything horrible.
    Gameplay is horrible.
    Graphics is horrible.
    Animations are horrible.
    Physics are horrible.
    Models look plastic.
    Details are horrible or you can say NONE.
    You can download the demo and see for yourself.
    Ultimate team is nothing special.
    Yeah its nice to see rating changing up and down. JUST LIKE IN FIFA AND MADDEN!
    As I said download a demo, or just watch the gameplay, and you can understand what I'm talking.
  16. Feb 8, 2014
    Anyone giving this game anything above a 3 obviously works for EA. It's an absolutely atrocious game. One of the worst sports games ever created, by far.
  17. Dec 26, 2013
    such good
    very basketball
    much next gen
    buy

Just to be clear, I'm lying. This is one of the worst games ever created, and you should avoid it like plague.
  18. Jan 18, 2014
    EA, EA, EA... what is this? I actually thought EA would surprise us... boy was I wrong.

Pros:
    -The net, not the rim, just the net
    -ESPN scoreboard and presentation overlays
    -Halftime and postgame show "Wired Up" bit

Cons:
    -Everything else

...Thank God for 2K
  19. Dec 10, 2013
    this is honestly the worst game i have ever played in my 15 years of gaming smh and it looks really bad too i do not know why anyone would want to play this game if your not a fan of 2k14 then just leave basketball games alone until next year seriously who could enjoy this?

the net physics are really nice tho only positive thing i could say about it lol
  20. Dec 5, 2013
    This absolute masterpiece is one of the best recreations of a basketball that I have ever witnessed. Every single little detail is perfect to reward you with a grand experience that will not be outdone easily. It outclasses NBA 2K14 with ease beautifully constructed mechanics, extreme attention to detail and an overall feel. On the hardest difficulty, it reminds me of the days of my heroThis absolute masterpiece is one of the best recreations of a basketball that I have ever witnessed. Every single little detail is perfect to reward you with a grand experience that will not be outdone easily. It outclasses NBA 2K14 with ease beautifully constructed mechanics, extreme attention to detail and an overall feel. On the hardest difficulty, it reminds me of the days of my hero Magic Johnson slugging it out on the court and shooting some truly incredible. If Magic Johnson was a game it would definitely be this one. A close contender for game of the year and most definitely Sport Simulation game of the year. Expand
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    This is far from a next-gen video game. The mechanics are atrocious. The graphics are on par with Madden 2008. NBA2K 14 has it's issues, but at least the entire game itself isn't the issue. Avoid NBA Live 14 at all costs.
  22. Nov 23, 2013
    Solid foundation of a game. Giving it a 10 as it's been overly trashed by online TROLLS. If you're a baller, you'd appreciate this work of art. Again, looking forward to this franchise returning to the scene!
  23. Dec 26, 2013
    Nothing but netttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  24. Jan 5, 2014
    Better not listen to the troll reviews. Truth be told, I hated this game at launch and wanted to return it to the game store. I'm now glad I didn't. Since then, EA has made some tweaks and little patches here and there. The game is not that bad now and I'm glad I actually kept it. The pick and roll feels and works great. You have to have your A game to play NBA Live. It still has issues,Better not listen to the troll reviews. Truth be told, I hated this game at launch and wanted to return it to the game store. I'm now glad I didn't. Since then, EA has made some tweaks and little patches here and there. The game is not that bad now and I'm glad I actually kept it. The pick and roll feels and works great. You have to have your A game to play NBA Live. It still has issues, post game is difficult to stop and the animations here and there can be herky jerky. But EA has kept their word of keeping it constantly updated and a big patch to address serious gameplay and graphics is fourthcoming. Looking forward to this. If you're wanting a nice second option, give NBA Live 14 a play. I wouldnt judge by the demo, as that has not been patched. Expand
  25. Apr 11, 2014
    i had to give this game a 10 compared with 2k's next gen mobile game "NBA 2k14". ALL of the missing and exploited features NBA 2K14 are completely overlooked by everyone. C'mon if you bought NBA 2K14 for the 360/ps3 and then played on the next gen and was satisfied then you must not really know the 2k series well. This version game is has 50% less content than the previous generation alsoi had to give this game a 10 compared with 2k's next gen mobile game "NBA 2k14". ALL of the missing and exploited features NBA 2K14 are completely overlooked by everyone. C'mon if you bought NBA 2K14 for the 360/ps3 and then played on the next gen and was satisfied then you must not really know the 2k series well. This version game is has 50% less content than the previous generation also you have to pay for every little thing you want to put on your myplayer, even your contract shoe. Expand
  26. Feb 18, 2014
    I will have to give this game an 8 cause unlike nba 2k14 this game is super fun! so easy to play compared to 2k14 and a 1000x more fun. by the way i traded nba 2k14 for live 14 and 25.00 and im happy with the trade.
  27. Mar 17, 2014
    Overall the gameplay is ok for me. Its difficult to play hero ball. Good ball movement and good defensive rotations are rewarded. What bugs me about this game is the AI in fantasy draft. I play teams with Steve Nash as center and Marcin Gortat as point guard. And Steve Nash can score from a standing position in the paint against Andre Drummond and Omar Asik. And Marcin Gortat won't turnOverall the gameplay is ok for me. Its difficult to play hero ball. Good ball movement and good defensive rotations are rewarded. What bugs me about this game is the AI in fantasy draft. I play teams with Steve Nash as center and Marcin Gortat as point guard. And Steve Nash can score from a standing position in the paint against Andre Drummond and Omar Asik. And Marcin Gortat won't turn the ball over even with immense pressure from Trevor Ariza and Russell Westbrook.

Oh and the updates takes quite a while to download on 1Mbps. And you can't play while the game is updated.
  28. May 1, 2014
    NBA live 14 was suppose to be this game, that was suppose to dominate 2k14. (Which people always say when NBA live comes out, but it never happens) NBA live 14, took 2 years to create, and it was put on next gen. Then everyone starts buying it thinking it's the new 2k. And come to find out it's the same garbage with better graphics, that we were given in 2011.

1. Bland, lacklustre and devoid of excitement. Expect it to hit nothing but net as it lands in your local bargain bin. [January 2014, p77]
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    After a four year hiatus this is definitely not the NBA game we've been expecting from EA.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    While other sports games have slam dunked new-gen, this can't stop dribbling. [Feb 2014, p.74]