6.4

1. Nov 17, 2013
    I played for about a half hour before I had to stop. I don't understand the high critic reviews for NFS. The handling is as ridiculous as always and I guess it'll stay that way. The graphics look alright, but not "next-gen"
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    How can I buy a racing game that dont have 2 players split screen? I have to buy 2 consoles and 2 games to play with my brother?

Is that it? REALLY? These developers, they've been much better, long time ago.

Today we live on a very ironic time, you can use 4 joysticks, but even a racing game allows play with 2.

EA GO HOME, YOU ARE DRUNK.
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    Sadly disappointed to have wasted my money on this game. The AI is ridiculous and unfair; there is no skill involved with this game. You can be racing a perfect race, using nitrous on the home stretch and the AI will still blow past you taking turns at full speed while there is literally nothing you can do. Earned thousands of Speed Points by playing the game like "Destruction Derby" meanwhile the races are completely unbalanced and all of your skillful racing goes out the window due to unfair AI speed advantages.. Another reviewer called it "Rubberband AI", never heard the expression but whatever it is blows. Going back to the store for whatever I can get in Trade In Value, the game sucks. All of these high reviews make me laugh , they must have reviewed it after playing for a short period of time while the game still is a little bit fun Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is not representative of the arcade racing games that I am accustomed to playing. I haven't written an official review before this because nothing infuriated me like this game. As I would like to point out, this is from an individual who doesn't buy yearly installments of any franchise, so my expectations for this game weren't too high for this game.

If you get busted, you'll
    lose everything. In something like this game where collisions occur so frequent, it feels so out of place and makes the so much more frustrating. Before I interacted with rival cops, I would wait near an exit to see how the AI would react. In all but 2 cases, they would completely drive past me. Oh, and did I mention that you can get busted without any cops in sight if you take too much damage.

The online components were abysmal as well. There was too high frequency of drivers popping in and out of the course when my friends and I all had a strong signal in our private match (Ping is around 22).

I wasn't expecting much from this and got an incredibly frustrating experience. It's a frustrating time to be a racing fan in general right now, but this might just be a slump that won't last too long (hopefully).
  5. Mar 26, 2014
    By far one of the most frustrating games I have ever played. I love racing games. I've played nearly all of the Need for Speed games, this sucks. It's not fun to win a race escape the cops be found then have your car destroyed by 4 or 5 cops who all of a sudden show up out of no where.
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    This game is worst racing game that I've ever played. I'm now sorry that I gave GRID 2 score of 1. Even Big Rigs is better then this **** in my opinion.
  7. Apr 22, 2014
    No manual transmission and only two types of camera, and the 3rd person camera is too low for this kind of game.

i i wanted to race with a shopping cart i would have go to the market.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    Why would EA make a next gen racing game with out wheel support, it really make's me feel like I wasted $60 plus tax. Sony left it up to the developers for wheel support and EA dropped the ball on this one. Just in case you want to know I have a Logitech G27 racing wheel I have been using it on my ps3 and my PC for about a year and a half now. It has worked on all my racing game's on the ps3, even ridge racer 7. EA this will be the last racing game that I will buy from you it's a real shame because I have been playing the NFS series for about 15 years now. I guess I will be waiting for drive club to come out now let's hope sony doesn't take too long with that one. Expand
  9. Feb 7, 2014
    I got this game today from PS store. It took 3 hours to download. I started the game, watch an un skippable video for about 4 minutes, started the tutorial, tried to drive when it told me to, and............oh, my car wont move. Googled the issue and found out that a lot of folks that downloaded it had the same problem. Almost two months and AE hasn't fixed it yet. I tried AEs "workaround" with no success. Finally contacted PSN and got a refund, gotta wait 3-5 days for refund to hit my wallet though.Shame on AE for releasing an incomplete and unplayable game!

The game looks like it's cool for those that can play it. Because I pretty much got conned into paying AE to be able to beta test their game that's unplayable, I rate it a 0
  10. Dec 7, 2013
    the graphics look incredible and the controls are way better than Hot Pursuit... but that's pretty much it. There is no significant storyline like the classic Most Wanted and Carbon games, and there is a very limited selection of cars/small map. Also I was interested in the NFS network, but I never saw any other drivers because they were never around me, and it didn't turn out to be much.

Overall, I'm very disappointed and I won't be playing any future NFS games.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    Игра ни о чём , дерьмовая графика , вообще не понимаю зачем NFS Rivals делали на движке Frostbite 3.
  12. Mar 27, 2014
    I have only played it for round about 2 hours and am very frustrated and disappointed with my experience so far. After completing the frankly rubbish tutorials my hopes for a good game rapidly disappeared. I somehow got my car stuck where it shouldn't do and couldn't escape as every time I moved the car broke down even tho it had no damage. Cops appeared out of nowhere. Just as you escape from the relentless and brutally hard and fast cops they would literally appear out if nowhere to resume the chase. The car modification and upgrades seem limited at best. You can add a number plate, decals and change the paint and that is it.
    The graphics are not next- gen standard. I felt like I was playing a ps3 not 4 game. After playing beautiful games with amazing graphics such as infamous second son and killzone this doesn't reach the same level. It is the worst thing I have ever brought worth £50. I felt myself getting angry and annoyed at pretty much everything. The amount of glitches that I have experienced in my short time of playing it are unreal. EA should be ashamed of the quality of this game. I read good reviews of this game before I purchased it and can't see why so many people have rated it so highly.

DO NOT BUY!!
    RUBBISH GRAPHICS!!
    RUBBISH GAMEPLAY!!
    FRUSTRATING AS HELL!!
    SAVE YOUR MONEY!!
  13. May 19, 2014
    Played the NFS series since Underground and have always loved the stories and customizability.
    Bought a PS4 last month and just got the jones for a racing game so I went out and bought Rivals with high expectations. Started it up and what felt like the majority of the first hour of gameplay was unskippable tutorials. There really isn't much a story to speak of and customizability is
    extremely limited compared to titles like Most Wanted. This game is a far cry from the arcady NFS titles i'm use to and i'm not a big fan. I've feel like i've wasted $50. When I have no other games to play and have nothing else to do i'll pop this game back in the system but for now it's just going to be sitting on the shelf gathering dust. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2014
    im 50 yrs. old. over the years ive played thousands of games and i gota say this game pist-me-off almost as much as the ancient game for nintedo "E.T" . peepl say they luv and i would LUV to know why?? it has the worst god$%^* 4 control and response of ANY car game ive played in the last 18 yrs...literally! It's like guidaing an 18 pound bowling ball on a piece of frikn 5 pound test kite string. I was stupid enuff to even get suckered into spending another MF'n 9.99 for the "garage - add -on" Guess what? it dont help krap!!! maybe if you van ever get thru 10 levels it will but its a real krap-bowl of a frikn game man. worst $ ive blown on games in a long furkn time... EA -Sports just sux major capitalistic ballz. but i will give it 4 out of 10 for the grafix....yeh they look great and drive like some stupid flash game you use on a 9600 baud telephone - modem connection...
    you wana play arcade style racing??? look up asphalt-8 for yer phone/pad/smart tab ...watever. grafx are incredible and the stress level is insane. just try it out and you will mourn the day you spent even 59.$ on this garbage...
  15. Jul 27, 2014
    Using the XBox One at work, this game is unplayable. Since signing in to Origin is not an option (no internet, shared console) you can't save progress. This means you have to sit through a 10 minute unskippable and boring intro every single time you start the game, only to be forced to play a **** tutorial. TWICE. Once as cops, once as racer. You get a popup every two minutes that stops the game and makes you watch endless explanations on how everything works, narrated with some computerized woman's voice you also can't skip. Since I read ten times faster than she speaks, this pisses me off.

It takes over 40 minutes before you actually get to playing and by then I've realised this is basically Burnout: Paradise but not as fun, with worse controls and sound, same graphics (Burnout is years older) and a higher annoyance factor.

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A fast and furious racing game, where cops constantly try to catch the racers. Multiplayer is seamless, but it feels like a single player mode, since you rarely bump (pun intended) into other players. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Need for Speed: Rivals is nothing if not ridiculously dumb fun, but that just makes its multiplayer failings all the more disappointing.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    So a very good racing game, rather than a great one.