Sniper Elite III PlayStation 4

7.0

1. Nov 1, 2014
    Sniper Elite 3 is neck and neck with Battlefield 4 for the most annoying, aggravating and broken game on PS4. It's boring. It's irritating. It's not fun.

The GOOD: -X-Ray kill cam is a neat addition, for a while. It does get old when it's used on basically every sniper kill. -Graphics are good. Very clean looking. The BAD: -Controls can be extremely annoying and wonky at times.

The GOOD:
    -Graphics are good. Very clean looking.

The BAD:
    -Controls can be extremely annoying and wonky at times.
    -Enemy AI is comically bad. Extremely easy to exploit and lure from groups. They won't hear 5 trucks being blown up, but will hear you jogging from 75m away.
    -Multiplayer is a joke with it being 3rd person and all. It's basically who is best at whack-a-mole.

The UGLY:
    -Brutally linear map and mission design.
    -Repetitive
    -Story is wholly non-existent

Overall, really disappointed. Sniper Elite 2 was a pretty bad game, this is basically a carbon copy with no improvements. Video games should be fun and interesting, this is neither.

Infamous Second Son and Wolfenstein The New Order are MUCH better alternates if you're on next gen, and looking for games to play. I'd advise skipping this unless you can get it cheap.
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    This game is well and truly terrible. there are more complex mechanics in a ps2 game. the AI is retarded and its insanely linear and boring. pointless
  3. Jul 22, 2014
    I'll start off by saying I was a HUGE fan of the previous Sniper Elite game. I loved it and could not wait for the sequel. After playing this game and not being able to finish it, I can say that I am nothing but disappointed. I'll start with the good:

-Graphics are fantastic. We're not talking high-end PC graphics but good for a Sniper Elite game; -Sound effects are top notch; -Big,

-Sound effects are top notch;
    -Big, wide open levels with many different routes to take;

Now for the bad..

-The game is PLAGUED with bugs and glitches. On several occasions I could not finish a level because the game would just freeze, causing me to have to restart my PS4 only for it to freeze again moments after re-starting the game;

-Animations are awful. Moving from cover to running, turning corners, close quarter kills, the animations are blocky and VERY low quality;

-The X-ray kill cam does not offer what the game advertised. Only certain points of the body can be seen breaking because of the bullet and the anatomy of a person is not very detailed at all. Sometimes the sound of a bullet striking an enemy will play before the bullet actually does and the camera sometimes goes above the enemy causing you not to see the kill at all;

-You have to play several levels into the game before ANY weapon customization options become available;

-Enemies have an auto lock-on. If a tank or foot soldier sees you and begins to shoot, they can not miss;

-The AI in the game is awful. Enemies make NO attempt to find cover and will blindly run out in the open to be killed;

-The AI will sometimes reset during a firefight. An enemy will one second be shooting at you determined to take you out, and the next they stand up out of cover and begin to walk away like normal..oblivious to the fact that their allies are dying and they were just in a gunfight.

-Levels are the same color, same art, same type of environment. You get one game setting: desert. Nothing else but different variations of a desert.

If you want a good Sniper Elite game, play V2. Stay away from this game as you will not have fun playing it. I made it about 4 missions in before I could not play the game anymore due to a freezing glitch. This game lacks what the previous one had: the wow "OMG!" moments of the x-ray kill cam. The game just doesn't have the same level of fun that the previous one did. Sniper Elite 3 is a HUGE disappointment. The game could have used A LOT more time in QA to fix all the bugs and glitches that ruin the game.
  4. Jan 1, 2015
    Buggy, short, pitiful story and characters, dumb ai.
    Not only three quarters of the weapons are unlockable only by buying DLC packs 4 euros each, but they make fun of you by letting you use a couple of them during training. Of course they're vastly superior to the ones available in the 70 euros version.
    It has some really nice scenery, africa is one of the coolest aspects of ww2. The
    Buggy, short, pitiful story and characters, dumb ai.
    It has some really nice scenery, africa is one of the coolest aspects of ww2.
    The gameplay can be enjoyable but it's really linear.
  5. Sep 10, 2014
    I hated this game. Gameplay is super boring, AI is stupid. The silenced pistol had very little ammo so you were forced to use a sniper with no silencer and when you are heard you must relocate. So basically you shoot someone and then run away and run straight back, very repetitive and not very fun. I sold it only on the third level as I had enough of this game. The slow-mo killcam was justI hated this game. Gameplay is super boring, AI is stupid. The silenced pistol had very little ammo so you were forced to use a sniper with no silencer and when you are heard you must relocate. So basically you shoot someone and then run away and run straight back, very repetitive and not very fun. I sold it only on the third level as I had enough of this game. The slow-mo killcam was just a gimmick and got boring quickly. Save your money and don't buy it. Expand
  6. Sep 27, 2014
    The semi-serious attempt at in-flight ballistics and open levels make this fun for a while, but the shine soon wears off. The AI is beyond moronic, as a result the game-play basically becomes sit-shoot-run 100 yards-sit-shoot-run-repeat with the exception of the rare times you mess up and have to run 300 yards.. The head-shot cam while amusingly graphic has more to do with dice rolls thanThe semi-serious attempt at in-flight ballistics and open levels make this fun for a while, but the shine soon wears off. The AI is beyond moronic, as a result the game-play basically becomes sit-shoot-run 100 yards-sit-shoot-run-repeat with the exception of the rare times you mess up and have to run 300 yards.. The head-shot cam while amusingly graphic has more to do with dice rolls than terminal ballistics and this also quickly becomes apparent.

Something to pick up for £10 in 2 years time, there are better target shooting simulators, there are better 3rd person shooters, and WWII has been flogged to death long ago, bring absolutely nothing new to the table while getting a lot of things very badly wrong.
  7. Nov 12, 2014
    Disappointing game, may be because its my first game in the series but when I saw the gameplay I thought this game would be great. Well it was for the first 45 minutes after that I just got bored it, got repetitive. The best part of the whole game was the kill-cams in the campaign. In my opinion the story was just boring. Who knows maybe if I try v2 may I will like this more. Well I hopeDisappointing game, may be because its my first game in the series but when I saw the gameplay I thought this game would be great. Well it was for the first 45 minutes after that I just got bored it, got repetitive. The best part of the whole game was the kill-cams in the campaign. In my opinion the story was just boring. Who knows maybe if I try v2 may I will like this more. Well I hope anyone who's reading had a better time than I did Expand
  8. May 12, 2017
    This is very boring game..... the AI is retarded and its insanely linear and very repetitive...... i would not recommend for anyone... no interesting story in it but graphics are very good, thats it. I deleted after 2 missions...

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 25, 2014
    Third time is not the charm. AI is still bad, but offers moving targets for sniping, which is still pretty fun. You don’t need to always hit the bulls eye. [Oct 2014]
  2. Sep 6, 2014
    With its high-quality ballistic modelling and gruesome death scenes, Sniper Elite 3 offers exactly what fans of the series demand, but still comes nowhere near living up to its potential.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 25, 2014
    Has made big steps beyond V2, particularly in terms of level size and multiplayer options. Still requires polish. [September 2014, p68]