Sniper Elite III PlayStation 4

7.0

1. Jul 21, 2014
    Don't be fooled by the people giving this a 10... The game gives you a real sniper-feel and can be epic at times but is overshadowed by its long list of flaws.. Retarded AI, serious graphic issues, bugs @ glitches...
    You will enjoy this if you like sneaking around and picking of enemies slowly but when the **** hits the fan or when bugs starting popping up, which both happen at a steady pace, this games biggest flaws come to show.. Mediocre.
  2. Jul 1, 2014
    SE3 is a definite step up from V2 and it's surprising how addictive the gameplay is. It is repetitive but refined (mostly) and the sniping is extremely satisfying. There are however a number of game-breaking bugs floating around in the code which were clearly overlooked due to slapdash work ethic or incompetent testers, perhaps both. Read the forums for more detail, there are a lot ofSE3 is a definite step up from V2 and it's surprising how addictive the gameplay is. It is repetitive but refined (mostly) and the sniping is extremely satisfying. There are however a number of game-breaking bugs floating around in the code which were clearly overlooked due to slapdash work ethic or incompetent testers, perhaps both. Read the forums for more detail, there are a lot of problems...

Shaky sound design doesn't help as you can hear enemies but are unable to pinpoint their location as the sound is essentially unidirectional and this is terrible for immersion. Game looks great and runs smoothly for the most part.

This is a great game littered with imbecilic oversights, get it once it's fixed.
  3. Jul 1, 2014
    Its alright, you shoot people in various parts of their body and get to see it in x-ray vision. Sounds cool right? Wrong. First of all its cool the first couple of times you do it and it glitches out half the time anyway so i just ended up skipping it. The AI is awful, they run into walls and they are so unpredictable that close combat kills are a pain in the ass. But it was still fun, iIts alright, you shoot people in various parts of their body and get to see it in x-ray vision. Sounds cool right? Wrong. First of all its cool the first couple of times you do it and it glitches out half the time anyway so i just ended up skipping it. The AI is awful, they run into walls and they are so unpredictable that close combat kills are a pain in the ass. But it was still fun, i liked killing everyone even though all they did was look at me funny. Expand
  4. Jul 7, 2014
    Its a solid game, much better than the second with loadouts, challeges and a decent multiplayer. gave it a 7 because it did have its flaws. The cpu AI was pretty bad, along with some dumb glitches and game problems. For instance, i literally got everything in the game, but my progress bar still showed 73% completed? Multiplayer is fun but has its problems, especially when you try to do coIts a solid game, much better than the second with loadouts, challeges and a decent multiplayer. gave it a 7 because it did have its flaws. The cpu AI was pretty bad, along with some dumb glitches and game problems. For instance, i literally got everything in the game, but my progress bar still showed 73% completed? Multiplayer is fun but has its problems, especially when you try to do co op with a buddy. The slow mo sniping is awesome for awhile but eventually you find yourself skipping it. Overall the game has worth to it, but your not in dire need of picking up this title right away Expand
  5. Jul 3, 2014
    Feels like a downgrade over Sniper Elite V2. Graphics got some overhaul and that's it. The gameplay is still great, but it's exactly the same game.

Level design are much worse. It's always the same kind of environment, and they give you a big area with a few houses and sniping tower. There's no concept of events in a mission except some more enemies spawning. The "Pont Du Fahs Airfield" was missing checkpoints, very bad design. The ending is very abrupt and not satisfying.

I saw quite often enemy bodies flying in the air. One time I encountered an enemy in a ladder and he just went through me without even noticing me (no alarm). One time the objective marker did not even appear and I had to reload from last checkpoint to see it.

Then the DLC **** 2 out of 5 guns (the best ones) in every categories are only available through DLC. If you don't have them you won't be able to play with them, and if you have you'll feel overpowered.
  6. Jul 9, 2014
    An enjoyable game, but nothing out of the ordinary. In a game called Sniper Elite I often found I used my silenced pistol more than my actual sniper as it was easier. But the moments I did use the sniper were epic. I enjoyed the open mapped levels, giving you a sandbox feel to go and eliminate your enemies how you want. The story and characters are right out of a B grade movie set. TheAn enjoyable game, but nothing out of the ordinary. In a game called Sniper Elite I often found I used my silenced pistol more than my actual sniper as it was easier. But the moments I did use the sniper were epic. I enjoyed the open mapped levels, giving you a sandbox feel to go and eliminate your enemies how you want. The story and characters are right out of a B grade movie set. The game also struggles to flesh out a bit, yes the Campaign is lengthy but after that, there isn't much more to do. If you were thinking of getting this, wait for it to come down in price. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to start ? A comrade who declares himself a spotter but only actually spots one enemy during the entire mission ? Enemies who can be shot in the face, only to return fire and sometimes kill you ? Enemies who stand right in front of you and apparently cannot see you, but another can spot you from 50 metres away ? A pistol (Webley) which is described as having unmatched stopping power, yet doesn't stop enemies any better than the other two pistols in the game ?
    Couple these things with awful movement mechanics, reminiscent of the Drake series - though come to think of it, this probably applies to all third person shooters - and you have a pretty average game.
    Never mind the fact that this is called Sniper, yet you will have to kill more enemies with your pistol and SMG than the sniper rifles in order to progress through the levels..
  8. Aug 7, 2014
    I feel so robbed by buying this game, the multiplayer does not work properly I have tried to load about two dozen times and I have only played about 2 matches. Plus there is only about 4 multiplayer maps! Which will be remedied will paid future dlc no doubt, and day one dlc, which say's to me that they produced the material at the same time so therefore should be in the game. There are aI feel so robbed by buying this game, the multiplayer does not work properly I have tried to load about two dozen times and I have only played about 2 matches. Plus there is only about 4 multiplayer maps! Which will be remedied will paid future dlc no doubt, and day one dlc, which say's to me that they produced the material at the same time so therefore should be in the game. There are a plethora of bugs as well with major graphical clipping and texture pop in. The campaign has elements of arcade style shooter, mixed with stealth and action. I just feel so angry that it does not work, I paid full price for half a game, and I will never buy from 505/rebellion ever again. Publishers/developers don't realize that if they have people over they will never buy from them again, and thus they loose out on consumers. If you take a minute to have a look at my profile you will see I'm a very positive reviewer but I just feel so utterly disappointed and ripped off. Never again. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2014
    This game was fun... for the first couple of hours. After those two hours of watching bullets blow people's faces apart the game becomes very boring as you find that the bullet time gets very repetitive. The game was alright, slightly above average at best.
  10. Mar 16, 2015
    SE3 (PC) is an addictive extension to SE2 and I'm waiting patiently for the zombie DLC to hit Steam. With that said, the developers apparently feel that random error for shots past 80 meters constitutes realism worthy of the higher game levels. The enemy can snap-shoot you apart at said distance with an MP-40 (that's a 9mm CQC round) the second you show your mug firing a bolt-action thatSE3 (PC) is an addictive extension to SE2 and I'm waiting patiently for the zombie DLC to hit Steam. With that said, the developers apparently feel that random error for shots past 80 meters constitutes realism worthy of the higher game levels. The enemy can snap-shoot you apart at said distance with an MP-40 (that's a 9mm CQC round) the second you show your mug firing a bolt-action that is several times the long range accuracy of the pistol round. BTW, "realism" also entails shooting the enemy at least twice since the first shot is seldom enough. They nearly always get back up; yeah right. The tweaked arcade-like feel kind of ruins the experience. Happy gaming! Expand
  11. Jul 29, 2014
    hi there u sniper elite lovers the campaign is excellent and survial is epic but they need to uprgrade multiplayer but still good SORT OUT THE INVINCIBLE PEOPLE
  12. Jan 7, 2015
    I have played SE 2 and i am going to compare SE 3 with it and as it stands on its own...

First of all,the game is decent!The graphics are pretty good,surely better than SE 2,the forest,the mountains,the lighting of the sun and the shades can even concern u when u are using your binoculars or ur sniper,even the water goes smoothly and nice and the FPS is overall about 50,at least for PS4,so graphically could take an 8/10 with more variety than SE 2

The story is....as usually,a story where u have to destroy/sabotage something or kill somebody as in SE 2 was(and basicly every game in a world war time)so from that aspect its a regular 5/10

Now the important thing,the gameplay is both good and bad!The X-Ray is good combining it with the slow motion and the track of the bullet when it goes off from ur gun!I was always saying that X-Ray is good and should be used more,as it was awesome on Mortal Kombat too BUT its pretty much the same as it was on SE 2,while-at cases-the organs of the body doesnt "brake"realisticly depending on the impact and the track of the bullet(but ok,maybe i am judging very strictly)while also the frequency of the X-Ray slow-motion can be modified from the options wich is pretty good!
    The guns arent many,they are pretty few,but they are still ok having much equipment and some customization for the sniper(while the 2 different medics still feel pretty strange to me)i also feel that the welrod(the only gun with silencer)is pretty much the only one u will use because there is nothing else with silencer
    The AI is...ok i guess,but it still feels pretty buggy as in SE 2 was while they are still say complete the same thing like"what was that?"and "huh"?haha...jezus
    I also like the fact that u start from a corner and u have to find a good spot and place urself judging whether u should start wasting ppl or not,depending on the position,the whole map,ur objective and ofc this "sound-mask",while i feel like having this **** red thing telling u where the bullet will go takes off the whole fun and the difficult but since u can play this game on "authentic"or custom the difficult is ok
    So overall u could give this game a 7-7.5/10 BUT then there is this **** walking thing that really gives on ur nerves!Because the enemies are **** supermans they can hear u from like miles away unless u are cruching and since u dont know where the fk they may be u have to play it low which is so so frustrating and if the enemy is moving there is no way u can reach him and stealth-kill him....JEZUS this **** is so **** annoying and it is exactly as it was on SE 2,.....DAMN!

So after all a 6/10 is pretty much just,making u wanna play the game decent enough at the beggining but its getting a little boring as the hours pass!
    P.S In this review i am talking about the campaing only,cause i havent try the multiplayer and from what i saw on outube it isnt something special,since BF 4 offer many many more
  13. Sep 9, 2014
    The rifle has more personality than the main character. I played the first three missions but to keep trucking on felt like work. Xray kills got old fast, but shooting Nazis was usually satisfying. Gamefly worthy, no chance I'd buy it.
  14. Sep 11, 2014
    The AI is insanely weird and glitchy, really made the game 'meh' for me. The sniping aspect is definitely cool but you can find that in other games that have competent enemies. I might go back to it and give it another try.
  15. Sep 29, 2014
    This game is not for anyone first you need to like de gameplay style and hidden games. This game seens like a old gen, I don't liked the graphics and the ambient. But the gameplay and game style is awesome hide, mask you shoots and don't be spotted makes you think 3x times before you shoot.
  16. Aug 23, 2016
    I played this game recently after picking it up used. I notice many people talking about bugs/glitches so I'm not sure if they were patched or not, but I encountered no issues whatsoever with this game.
    The game surprised me as I actually thoroughly enjoyed it and had a fun time playing it.

My biggest issue is the length. While each mission can last quite a while, the game overall feels very short. I was prepping for my next mission when the end credits started to roll. Since I purchased the game used it didn't come with any additional DLCs and it appears you can no longer buy them on the PS store. If you purchased the game, I personally would opt only for the Ultimate edition, so you can squeeze a bit more length out of the game.
  17. Jan 23, 2017
    Waited for the sales to buy it. To sell such a game for the price, you(the developers)produces seems to be as a full game, and it seems that the usual addition. However, this is not the most notable minus. The game lacks dynamics and diversity. The levels are similar to each other, it's pretty predictable. The game easily can go without the use of sniper rifles(except for mandatory cases).Waited for the sales to buy it. To sell such a game for the price, you(the developers)produces seems to be as a full game, and it seems that the usual addition. However, this is not the most notable minus. The game lacks dynamics and diversity. The levels are similar to each other, it's pretty predictable. The game easily can go without the use of sniper rifles(except for mandatory cases). Online modes died out pretty quickly. Hope to continue this franchise will be no more. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 25, 2014
    Third time is not the charm. AI is still bad, but offers moving targets for sniping, which is still pretty fun. You don’t need to always hit the bulls eye. [Oct 2014]
  2. Sep 6, 2014
    With its high-quality ballistic modelling and gruesome death scenes, Sniper Elite 3 offers exactly what fans of the series demand, but still comes nowhere near living up to its potential.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 25, 2014
    Has made big steps beyond V2, particularly in terms of level size and multiplayer options. Still requires polish. [September 2014, p68]