7.3

1. May 14, 2015
    I really wanted to like this game. I was hoping beyond hope that it would've been my dream sports game, which would be a non-pro league licensed, somewhat cartoonish (cel shaded graphics), very stat intensive (individual and team), with adequately believable mechanics/A.I., adjustable difficulty sliders, and FULLY customizable players, teams, uniforms, and stadiums. But alas, this dreamI really wanted to like this game. I was hoping beyond hope that it would've been my dream sports game, which would be a non-pro league licensed, somewhat cartoonish (cel shaded graphics), very stat intensive (individual and team), with adequately believable mechanics/A.I., adjustable difficulty sliders, and FULLY customizable players, teams, uniforms, and stadiums. But alas, this dream has not come true, and it likely never will. It would be WAY too awesome, which is why I know it will never exist.

Anyhoo...

Super Mega Baseball is not an abject failure, but it's barely more than a cell phone game. You cannot adjust the game's difficulty once you've begun a season, at least not that I'm aware of. You cannot adjust individual difficulty. In other words, you can't have hitting be set to one level, while pitching is set to something else, fielding set to another difficulty level, etc. etc. Because you can't adjust the difficulty level while in season, your stats get really unrealistic. I'm 20 games in and I still have players batting over .500 on my roster. The game mechanics are really wonky and not intuitive at all. The between-game interface is weird. The people in the game, both on the field and in the stands, look like 19th century grotesque caricatures straight out of a Lewis Carroll novel. Overall, thumbs down.

1. May 12, 2015
    Despite being incredibly easy to get into, Super Mega Baseball is built upon an accurate simulation that makes it quick and solid at the same time and places it in the same league as a timeless classic like HardBall!.
  2. Apr 10, 2015
    The thing is, the core game is so good that the lack of such things is far from a dealbreaker. I’d go as far as calling this a must-play for anyone even remotely interested in sports games. You won’t regret it.
  3. Apr 10, 2015
    Super Mega Baseball is one of the best baseball games out at the moment. Sure it may not be a licensed game like The Show, but the gameplay is as good as the official MLB game.