7.0

1. Nov 18, 2014
    A Lego game that was underrated, but I still platinumed should deserve more than it asked for. A great addition to the Lego franchise, and better than most games in it.
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    Its an average lego game, its not as good as the others out there such lego hobbit and marvel but its fun nonetheless, it does provide a good amount of laughs and is great to pass some time but it misses some key elements from other lego games.
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    This is a great Lego Game. You can't really mess up a Lego game though, that would be a feat that would be interesting to see. If you enjoyed the movie as well as the humor that went along with the movie, you should give this game a chance. It's a lot of fun and it also includes a bunch of clips from the movie, so it's a win win for everyone.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    LEGO games are great. This is no exception. While unfortunately being a little short compared to some of the others, it's still a solid entry into the LEGO video game franchise. This is one of the few movie tie-ins that doesn't completely suck.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    Fantastic entry in the lego series, more focused on action and varied levels.

After 40 hours spent in Lego Marvel, i was happy to see that this new lego title takes another route focusing shorter more action packed levels !
    Still the classic lego puzzles and collectables, but much less tedious collecting 100% of the stuff.

As usual , legendary local coop. a game for everyone.
  6. Feb 26, 2014
    I have not enjoyed a Lego game this much since Lego City Undercover, the combination of next gen graphics, a well woven story, the integration of the lego build system all combine to make this one of my favourite Lego games so far.

Players assume the character of Emmett, the everyday construction worker who is whisked away by Wyldstyle to help save the Lego universe from the evil Lord Business. Along the way you collect characters from the movie like Batman, Unikitty and Vitruvius to help complete the levels. Like every other Lego game, the formula is pretty much the same. The great thing about the individual levels in this game is that unlike previous instalments, they are not long and drawn out. They seem to have finally found a balance with the length of the levels and just how much time players can invest in this unfamiliar territory.

A stronger emphasis on the puzzles has been part on this game. Players will spend the majority of the levels finding instruction guides to build Lego objects to get past the block in the level. It’s not just enough to have the instructions, you also need a master builder to carry them out for you. This adds in to the platforming, open world gameplay that provides the most versatile and interesting Lego gameplay to date.

In terms of length, it may feel a little short compared to previous Lego games, it takes about 20 hours to get 100%, when you compare this to something gargantuan like Lego Marvel or Batman 2, but this is still a decent amount of gameplay to keep it moving and not feeling like it overstays its welcome. The four realms you can move between are set in an open world style but are not littered with too many things to find so younger players can still finish it without too much difficulty.

Graphically this is definitely the best that Traveller’s Tales have put out. I reviewed this on the PS4 and everything about it was exactly the next gen experience I wanted from a Lego game. The colours shine out in levels in the Rainbow Cloud with Unikitty using every colour of the rainbow to decorate, cut scenes directly from the movie mix in with the graphical interface of the game, and it was a struggle to spot a massive difference.

This is by far one of the best movie tie in games I have ever played and will continue to come back to revisit. No DLC has been announced for the game apart from maybe a few more characters if it does well (this is just speculation!) The characters are just as loveable as they are in the movie and the addition of the Lego construction puzzles keep this Lego game from being just a carbon copy of the previous ones. Kids and adults will love playing this game and it really keeps the fun spirit of the movie all throughout the game. Superior next gen graphics and highly detailed worlds bring the Lego movie to life on the console.

The Lego Movie : The Videogame gets 4 and a half gold bricks out of five!
  7. Feb 18, 2014
    If i had the money to buy all the other LEGO games that ive never played because in my mind at the time I misrated the series, I would. The LEGO series is very underrated and deserves more attention especially to those who go after Trophies/Achievements.
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    This game has surprised me so much I felt I had to leave a review. Firstly, this is easily the best LEGO game I've ever played just beating LEGO City: Undercover by a small margin and secondly this may just be the best movie tie-in game ever too! It's not just a good LEGO game, it's not just a good movie tie-in game...it's a good game, PERIOD. I've never been a fan of the LEGO games, I'veThis game has surprised me so much I felt I had to leave a review. Firstly, this is easily the best LEGO game I've ever played just beating LEGO City: Undercover by a small margin and secondly this may just be the best movie tie-in game ever too! It's not just a good LEGO game, it's not just a good movie tie-in game...it's a good game, PERIOD. I've never been a fan of the LEGO games, I've always found them boring, but with this game it kept me entertained from beginning to end. Now, I hear the criticism about it being essentially the same as all the other LEGO titles and not bringing anything new to the table, this may be true but it doesn't apply to me as, like I've said, I've never played through any other LEGO games (accept LEGO City) so, bare that in mind with my review, it's a 9 out of 10 for me because I've not been playing LEGO games for all these years, so it's pretty much all new. Expand
  9. Feb 10, 2014
    Es el primer juego de Lego que compro, nunca me han llamado la atención los juegos de Lego pero este lo compre por la película y mas que nada para jugarlo con mi hija y hasta el momento me ha parecido bastante entretenido, tiene un cierto encanto y buen humor, esta muy bien para jugarlo en modo cooperativo
  10. Feb 9, 2014
    This is one of the best tie in games for a movie that I have played in a long time. It's good enough that it would easily stand on it's own without the movie based on how well the levels fill in the gaps along the story line.

The levels are fun and brimming with hidden areas, characters and collectibles. Having the actual voice actors really pulls the game together and gives it the charm that the movie brings tot the table.

The music is amazing and really gets you into the action and story.

The only thing about this game that was a disappointment was the lack of online co op. These games are meant to be played with another person, and as much fun as it is playing with someone next to me - there are others whom I would love to play this with that do not live in the same province as me.

With that aside - this game is a solid platforming collecting haven of fun. Everything is indeed, awesome.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    Absolutely fantastic plastic magic!!!! Much like the movie everything about this game is awesome. How is it that the Lego games never lose their charm? If you were even remotely interested in Lego Marvel or enjoyed the film(who didn't) then I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will adore this game.
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    Who Knew a Movie-Licensed Game would be so great :D
    Pros
    -Great Grahics
    -Solid Gameplay
    -Simple Premise
    -Good Puzzles
    -Superb Voice Acting
    Cons
    -Can feel a bit Repetitive
    Recommendation: Any Lego Fan or Hardcore Gamer
  13. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is fabulous , LEGO games have always been fun but many of them lacked the originality that few games in the series had . The story is quite simple you are Emmet who is a construction worker and work to recover the ' Kragle ' from Lord Businessman .. The characters are funny and have goofy names as well there a lot of characters to choose from and unlocking them is addicting ...This game is fabulous , LEGO games have always been fun but many of them lacked the originality that few games in the series had . The story is quite simple you are Emmet who is a construction worker and work to recover the ' Kragle ' from Lord Businessman .. The characters are funny and have goofy names as well there a lot of characters to choose from and unlocking them is addicting ... You will be putting a lot of hours in getting the trophies and all collectibles which is fun and challenging at times , Remote play works exceptionally well . Though there is a minor complaint that open world could be expanded a bit , Game play is classic LEGO style and each charterer has some special ability .. All in all everyone would love the game especially the ones who have watched the movie ! 9/10 ! Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    This is one of the best Lego game's i have ever played its almost flawless, my rating might change later,but overall its worth the money. I recommend this game its fantastic. Plus if your truly into legos most of the stores throw in legos.Perfect game for everyone.

Maki.

Maki.
  15. Feb 9, 2014

The music is amazing and really gets you into the action and story.

1. Shorter than your average LEGO adventure, doesn't build upon the formula in meaningful ways. [May 2014, p81]
  2. Apr 21, 2014
    It’s certainly not as ‘awesome’ as its movie counterpart but there’s some genuine fun to be had with this.
  3. Apr 18, 2014
    It's clearly visible that authors of The LEGO Movie Videogame rushed its development to release it simultaneously with the movie. Therefore it lacks quality of the other LEGO games. Nonetheless, it serves fine as the movie's appendix.