• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 20, 2015
6.8

1. Feb 20, 2015
    I will start off by saying unfortunately a lot of what you may have read is in fact accurate.

While The Order: 1886 is a graphical masterpiece it has far more in common with titles released by TellTale Games than it does third person shooters like Gears of War. In it's brisk 5-7 hour run time (largely depending on player skill and the want/need to find the collectibles). The game offers no incredibly noticeable difference in challenge across the difficulties nor does it present a trophy for beating it on any specific difficulty so feel free to play it as you see fit.

Out of the entire run time of the game approximately half of that time is not player controlled due to the use of frequent and at times long cutscenes (similar to the presentation in most Metal Gear Solid games), at times these segments will feature small interactive QTE's to keep the player invested but otherwise offer no actual gameplay. The story is primarily told through these cutscenes and QTE's and as such they non playable segments are 100% unskippable, meaning you must watch them, all the way through, every time you play the game...

One of the major downfalls for me was I felt the game was more or less sold as a supernatural cinematic action game, while the cinematic part is correct The Order features VERY little action and the supernatural aspect is almost non existent. The same can also be said for some of the games more unique weapons as you find yourself using the same weapons for 90% of the already short actual play time, only allowing for around 10% of hands on times with the "cool weapons". The game controls well enough as a third person shooter, but I can not stress enough that for such a minute amount of gameplay time, it should have been absolutely exceptional.

The characters and atmosphere are the strongest aspects of the game outside of the graphics, it made me frustrated that the narrative moved away from it's supernatural elements too quickly as I felt that was the element that really could have made The Order stand out from other third person shooters or cinematic adventure games. I only hope that Ready at Dawn moves the series in a slightly different direction if the series continues and given the events at the end, I would say it's entirely possible we could eventually get a sequel.

To actively address the cinematic ratio black bars, they did not hurt my experience with the title, nor did they provide any benefit. They meant absolutely nothing to me either way and did not effect the score of this review in anyway. The game is beautiful and well acted but none of that can change the fact it's just not very good.

(Note: Any review under a 5 is an absolute joke and anything above a 7 is laughable and both cases should raise questions about the review/reviewers agenda.)
  2. Feb 20, 2015
    Absolutely love this game. It wasnt made to be a sandbox type of game nor have tons of game action. The story line is amazing and the graphics are beautiful. I actually really enjoyed the QTE's. I also believe that the characters are really well done and are believable throughout the game. You can definitely tell that the Order has a purpose and that members respect that andAbsolutely love this game. It wasnt made to be a sandbox type of game nor have tons of game action. The story line is amazing and the graphics are beautiful. I actually really enjoyed the QTE's. I also believe that the characters are really well done and are believable throughout the game. You can definitely tell that the Order has a purpose and that members respect that and themselves. I was drawn in from the beginning. I also really enjoyed the prologue and how it drops you into the story. Great stuff! Expand
  3. Feb 20, 2015
    i have finished the game on hard difficulty and it took me roughly about 6 hours and half ( perhaps close to 7)
    i should admit like Ryse, The Order is more like a commercialized product showcasing PS4 power.
    Part of the game u just walk around, watch cut scenes and investigate items, in these part all you can do is to enjoy the nice atmosphere, fantastic graphics and remarkable voice acting and catchy soundtracks! walking around and checking items are not fun to do since they are not rewarding at all and there is no scope of story in them. It seems RAD developed the game in a way to push gamer to know that Order is the best looking game atm, and yes it is! there are parts in the game that are simply Jaw dropping in terms of visual presentation. but i guess having too much focus on this, makes the game like walking in a half boring half fun museum. specially that story kicks off well and midway it becomes well .... lets just say so so.
    The Other part of the game is QTEs and gunplay, some of the QTEs are fun but mostly they have overloaded the game with QTEs, due to the letterbox presentation and almost there is no sense of gameplay sometimes, u feel like its an interactive movie just like TWDs or Heavy Rain but the lack of meaningful choices, 0 interactivity with the environments and a super linear adventure ( not necessarily a negative but it sounds like the game really sets u on a roller coaster ) makes it much inferior than those titles.
    Another part is the gunplay, the guns are fantastic, shooter feels so good, but bad thing is that it ends fast, just where everything starts to be very cool, bang, the game throws u into a cut-scene and it ends all the fun. (i definitely suggest you to play on hard so it takes longer for the fun to end) it is a shame to see developers preferred all the boring scenes to the cooler parts, even facing half breeds (which is the coolest part of the game) falls pretty short. The game is designed in a way that wants you know there are cool things awaiting but in the end the outcome is not satisfying and all the cool parts are pretty short.
    I should say there are a few cool parts in the game, shooter is smooth and nice, atmosphere and the world is engaging but the content and overall balance of gameplay is lacking attention.
    definitely worthy of playing once !
  4. Feb 20, 2015
    While the game has some substance, and somewhat stands out on its own graphics, and atmosphere wise, its gameplay is a complete bore. And by that I mean quick time events plague this game from being better than it could. I don't care about the length as much as I do what you're getting out of the game, and most of it consists of just mashing buttons or following button prompts. Game wouldWhile the game has some substance, and somewhat stands out on its own graphics, and atmosphere wise, its gameplay is a complete bore. And by that I mean quick time events plague this game from being better than it could. I don't care about the length as much as I do what you're getting out of the game, and most of it consists of just mashing buttons or following button prompts. Game would have left a way better impression if the developers ditched the tutorials, and let us figure everything out ourselves. It's literally one of the easiest, hand holding games I've ever played. The story isn't even that good but the models and facial animations are superb. I just can't seem to recommend this game right now at full price. People at Ready At Dawn went from making the complex Warcraft 3, to this on rails, hand holding, quick time event, fiesta. If there is a round 2, I expect Ready at Dawn to step it up when it comes to gameplay. STOP TRYING TO MAKE GAMES MOVIES PLEASE. Expand
  5. Feb 20, 2015
    This game will put you in a big dilemma. It is a masterpiece from a technical standpoint. Great directing, wonderful art design on every level, the voice acting is flawless (one of the best, if you ask me) and also great character design with no typical stereotypes (particularly the women). The characters are very well written and you will care about them till the last minute.

But why

But why oh why is the rest of the game so mediocre. And let me make this perfectly clear. The problem of The Order is not the amount of Quick Tim Events (QTE) or all the cut scenes (there are a lot, but all are very very good and fun to watch), There is more gameplay that you would expect after all the negativity in last few weeks. But the gameplay is comepletely generic. The shootouts have not enough dynamic and the AI does not set you under pressure and always stay behind the cover. The presentation of the werewolves are underwhelming. No suspense, no horror and the same attacking scheme every time (they run towards you, short QTE, they run away while you shoot them, after not even 1 second they start running again. It is the same thing over and over). Especially the werewolves would have been a great opportunity for some horror elements and scares.

Next are the weapons. In a steam punk scenario yu would expect some crazy stuff especially with Nicola Tesla in the Game. But no, the weapons are all comepletly dull and generic. All your standard stuff like handgun, MG, Shotgun (except for the Arc Gun, which shoots a focused stream of electricity). Why they did not use the scenario to develop some crazy steampunk weapons like the Arc Gun? The disappointment in this regard becomes mostly clear when you first enter Tesla's research laboratory. Now you think there will be great gadgets and inventions, right? No, you can not touch one if the great inventions in his laboratory (except one gadget which is used for a mini game throughout the rest of the game). And the "greatest invention" Nicola Tesla shows you (this are his own words in the game) is a boring sniper rifle. Seriously? You are in Nicola Tesla's laboratory and all you get to see is a sniper rifle.

The Order can not decide what it really wants to be. A 3rd Person Shooter a la Gears of War or a cinematic game like Heavy Rain. If the developers would have focused on either one of the sides the game would have been great.

And here lies the dilemma. If you like a game with new gameplay aspects and a lt of surprises, then you will hate The Order. If you like the technical aspect and great cinematic and well written characters you will love it.

I think I am between those two sides. I hope The Order sells well and the developers can make a sequel where they can completely focus on the gameplay aspects. Because the artwork and technical foundation is great and I am looking forward to dive in the world of The Order again.
  6. Feb 20, 2015
    I have played this game for about 5 hours now. I have really enjoyed it. This game has been getting pretty bad reviews, but I think you should give it a try yourself. The story is very engaging, and the setting draws you in.

I see the basis in most of the complaints, like the shooting not being inspired or the vertical bars making shooting harder, but these are mostly overshadowed by the great tale on tap.

I give this game an 8, as it is not perfect, it is not ground breaking, but it is a really good game worth your time.
  7. Feb 20, 2015
    Needless to say, the graphics are incredible, the story is great and the perfect gameplay. I think the game would still be even better if placed one dlc with a 4x4 or 8x8 mutiplayer.
    I see that many idiots who like that garbage xbone, get jealous and are giving negative scores for the order, I think the metacritic should delete and ban these idiots by IP to prevent spam.
  8. Feb 20, 2015
    Crossover between movie (TV mini series) and game.Graphical benchmark for PS4, visual and audio presentation triumphed over simplistic and short gameplay so typical for cove-based shooters.Imagine that HBO called Zack Snyder and give him enormous budget in order to create mini-series and add a little bit of gameplay. Visual "orgies" meets alternative history set in Victorian era,Crossover between movie (TV mini series) and game.Graphical benchmark for PS4, visual and audio presentation triumphed over simplistic and short gameplay so typical for cove-based shooters.Imagine that HBO called Zack Snyder and give him enormous budget in order to create mini-series and add a little bit of gameplay. Visual "orgies" meets alternative history set in Victorian era, mysterious story consisting all typical "blockbuster" elements and archetypes, but everything is extremely well-executed. A mix of too many QTE events, and short gameplay sequences compared to long cutscenes might be disappointing for typical gamers, but The Order 1886 can be still perceived as a good game for beginners and extremely casual players. Expand
  9. Rem
    Feb 20, 2015
    The Order 1886 struggles with finding identity between an interactive movie and an actual game. Without a doubt, this is among the most gorgeous of games, every little detail crammed into the game and its presentation is top-notch which helps its blockbuster feel. Following in the footsteps of the Evil Within, it uses a letterbox presentation using black bars in the top and bottom to evokeThe Order 1886 struggles with finding identity between an interactive movie and an actual game. Without a doubt, this is among the most gorgeous of games, every little detail crammed into the game and its presentation is top-notch which helps its blockbuster feel. Following in the footsteps of the Evil Within, it uses a letterbox presentation using black bars in the top and bottom to evoke a cinematic feel which in turn makes it feel more cinematic, but detrimental to the gameplay as there is almost a lack of a HUD. The plot of the Order 1886 at its best feels like eating popcorn along with friends except I'm supposed to have a controller in my hands. Alternate history London is a joy to watch, but the gameplay restricts you to only looking at it as there is absolutely nothing off the beaten path, if there was. So many times the game cuts between what is played and what is meant to be watched that is broken up by needless piles of QTE's which is this game's biggest sin .The characters are superbly acted though the writing is sort of hit and miss but then again is negated by some truly incredible voicework by the main protagonist. The shooter portions is solid, but nothing superb though the excellent presentation makes some of the moments fiery for brief moments with the era-inspired weaponry. Finally, the game hardly makes an effort to do much more than tell its short story which took me around 9 hours to complete with no incentive to return. The Order 1886 is certainly a disappointment in getting you to play it, but it sure is dandy to watch, much like David Cage games. Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2015
    I made a game analysis with a few hours of gameplay only and I think I rushed. In chapter 3 of the game on everything is very good and engaging. The story becomes magnificent and the cut scene become sporadic. Is also the occasional quick time and the game begins to have an intense action. There is still a difficulty in gameplay and as said before the black bars very atrabalham theI made a game analysis with a few hours of gameplay only and I think I rushed. In chapter 3 of the game on everything is very good and engaging. The story becomes magnificent and the cut scene become sporadic. Is also the occasional quick time and the game begins to have an intense action. There is still a difficulty in gameplay and as said before the black bars very atrabalham the shooting time. It really is a game that is worth and by the end of the game, I hope a sequel. Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2015
    The details in this game are impressive, the fact that every characters and objects are fully detailed and different is worth a lot. I prefer having a shorter campaign like this than a long one with copy pasted assets and repetitive events. I don't get the comments saying the cinematic-genre, QTE and linearity is bad. It's in my opinion the best type of game and I want more like this.
  12. Feb 20, 2015
    The game has ist flaws, but it also does many things extremely well: The visuals and Art Design are the best I've seen on a console (and in General, tbh) and I like the rather slow pacing. What's really important: It's BUGFREE and the game Mechanics are really polished and work well (unlike e.g. the horrible controls in Assassins creed).
    i don't get all the negativity, as this game does
    i don't get all the negativity, as this game does many things as good or better than other games that have gotten better scores. it's by no means perfect, but it's not as bad as many reviewers say it is.
  13. Feb 20, 2015
    why Sony why. this game had so much potential but once again sony **** up everting -.-'

technically The order is amazing grafics, sound, atmosphere of the game, everting is gorgerous but why this game has so many QTE why only 6 hours why has no have MP $60 game for 6 **** hours of gameplay honestly Sony is taking the huge success of the PS4 and **** up everting first party game

knack, KZ SF, LBP3, Drive Clube, all games is bad or very dissapointing

Pros
    Grafics
    soud
    jogability

Cons
    QTE
    MORE QTE
    6 Hours of Gameplay
    Stupid I.A
    No MP
    3 hours of cinematics
    This game runs on 30 FPS and SUB-FULL HD

6.5/10
  14. Feb 20, 2015
    There is several things to like about the game. Firstly, its graphics. It is straight up amazing. Every place, character and location looks atmospheric, stunning and detailed. It is definitely the best looking game in this generation. Secondly, the voice acting is superb. It also has one of the most unique setting I have ever seen in recent years. However, besides these, most other thingsThere is several things to like about the game. Firstly, its graphics. It is straight up amazing. Every place, character and location looks atmospheric, stunning and detailed. It is definitely the best looking game in this generation. Secondly, the voice acting is superb. It also has one of the most unique setting I have ever seen in recent years. However, besides these, most other things fall flat. Firstly, The Order: 1886 try to get many things merged into one together, but none of them were really outstanding. Cover-based shooting is okay, but generic, weapons are overpowered, AI is relatively not smart, pathetic enemy types. Its stealth also feel half-finished. and I have no idea why they even include some puzzle-solving in this game. There is some great moment found in this game, but they are very often too far between. The game also feels linear, you are often forced to do what the game told you to do. You have no choice but to do so. Labeled as a cover-based shooter I actually spent a lot of the time watching cutscenes, which is acceptable. You walk and initiate another cutscene, well I don't really like that. This is also a cinematic experience, as what RAD has promoted. Therefore they add a lot of Quick Time Events (QTE). I do believe that it can help players to further immerse into the story. However, if every action required you to press button then it become something tiring. Most importantly, I don't found playing this game fun. It is straight up boring. The campaign last for 7 hours, which is short when compared with other games in the market. For a already boring game with such length, a multiplayer option would be awesome as it can effectively extend the game's lifespan. Unfortunately it didn't has any. It is really a pity because it have a lot of potential to become a 4-player co-operative games. Even the gameplay aren't done right, the story can still saves the game. It is pretty good and quite engaging. It also has a rich back story, However, for such as a short game, the story is under-developed and there is a huge cliffhanger in the ending of the game. Disappointing. The repetitive color tone can also be a problem. It has made every places feel like the same. Overall it is Crysis 3 again, another tech demo with superb graphics and pathetic length. While Crysis 3 gets its gameplay and multiplayer right. The Order didn't. To me it is surprisingly disappointing. It's hard to believe that the creator of Daxter and God of War will make such a under-performing game. If they planned a sequel (They probably does considering that cliffhanger), I hope they can make the game more rich in content. Expand
  15. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics is super and charatcers is fantastic,story is very good finally not a elfish fairy tale lol...Ready at dawn studio know how to make a super game and finaly no idiot multiplayer mode! cant stand hearing the little kids rage on mic. but why the haters is hate this game? i dont know, they say no gameplay and? look heavy rain and beyond two souls those dont have a gameplay stillGraphics is super and charatcers is fantastic,story is very good finally not a elfish fairy tale lol...Ready at dawn studio know how to make a super game and finaly no idiot multiplayer mode! cant stand hearing the little kids rage on mic. but why the haters is hate this game? i dont know, they say no gameplay and? look heavy rain and beyond two souls those dont have a gameplay still people scoring high! and why? i dont know those two game is not better in anything than order 1886. Expand
  16. Feb 20, 2015
    Im about 4 hours in and just wanted to get a quick review up since there is so much hate towards this game. Visually it is stunning the attention to detail is amazing. The voice acting is also very well done, and helps the story and characters. The quick time events are usually short and enjoyable. The gun play is pretty straight forward but is very well done. Getting to experience theIm about 4 hours in and just wanted to get a quick review up since there is so much hate towards this game. Visually it is stunning the attention to detail is amazing. The voice acting is also very well done, and helps the story and characters. The quick time events are usually short and enjoyable. The gun play is pretty straight forward but is very well done. Getting to experience the crazy weapons in the game is where the fun factor comes in during gun play. I feel the cinematics and gameplay are balanced fine. You feel like you are along for a ride but its enjoyable.

*I may update this if something goes terribly awry but as of now this game is solid and worth checking out. **when you see that many reds the night the game comes out its just haters hating IMHO. Also, no AAA title is a 0 lol.
  17. Feb 20, 2015
    The Order 1886 is quite possibly the most visually impressive videogame ever created on console to date; unfortunately, it is also one of the most tedious experiences you'll ever play and a wasted opportunity as this title sacrifices gameplay ahead of delivering a cinematic experience that fails to captivate.

The game suffers from a dreadful design with a rolling format of cutscenes,

The game suffers from a dreadful design with a rolling format of cutscenes, quick-time events, occasional shooting and pointless walking around played out over a few hours. The pacing is dreadful and almost every element of the gameplay is bland and ultimately boring. The cutscenes are incredibly impressive but offer little to the weak narrative. The single-button press QTE's are painfully annoying and any combat events are few and far between. Exploring is restricted to narrow paths and limited interactions with the environment. You can pick up a few items which offer absolutely no meaning to the game and there is no real engagement with fellow characters in Victorian London as you walk around aimlessly to progress.

You will finish this game once, and once only in around 6 hours. There is absolutely no replay value here whatsoever. Two reasonable gaming sessions and your £50/$60 investment in this product will be reached with a pitiful return in terms of an engrossing experience and longevity. I'd really struggle to recommend this at even a third of the retail price as there is nothing to this product apart from staggering visuals.

Overall, The Order 1886 will go down as possibly one of the biggest wasted opportunities in gaming history. 5 years of development for a measly 6 hours of mundane gameplay is completely unacceptable. This product is merely a tech demo to showcase the future possibilities of the PS4 and offers absolutely nothing in respect to an absorbing title. The lackluster story, dreadfully generic mechanics and shoddy design structure render this game a major letdown and should be avoided at all costs unless you can borrow the game and even then; it may not even be worth your time.
  18. Feb 20, 2015
    I decided to give this game a rating of 5, just like how long the game is. Despite the game being buggy, extremely short for a game that costs $60, and also has no replay ability what so ever, "The Order: 1886" has nothing fun to offer other than a decent story with mostly walking and cutscenes. It is only acceptable to make a game 5 hours long if it's a free roaming game, or if its $10,I decided to give this game a rating of 5, just like how long the game is. Despite the game being buggy, extremely short for a game that costs $60, and also has no replay ability what so ever, "The Order: 1886" has nothing fun to offer other than a decent story with mostly walking and cutscenes. It is only acceptable to make a game 5 hours long if it's a free roaming game, or if its $10, unfortunately it's neither, and I will be returning this game back to the store I bought it from. Expand
  19. Feb 20, 2015
    All the commotion around this game is so pathetic. It's probably the best story and engaging game I've experienced in the past years. The game looks stunning, combat may be straightforward but at least it's solid and it feels like the media and people/haters who (obviously) haven't played the game are exaggerating everything about the game. Apparently criticasters were expecting a trueAll the commotion around this game is so pathetic. It's probably the best story and engaging game I've experienced in the past years. The game looks stunning, combat may be straightforward but at least it's solid and it feels like the media and people/haters who (obviously) haven't played the game are exaggerating everything about the game. Apparently criticasters were expecting a true innovative gameplay experience where the developer never promised any. Yes there are a few QTE battles in there but not as much as people like others to believe. And the next complaint many people have is the overall +/- 7 hour playthrough. It does sound short, but it's about 7 hours of pure quality, story-driven immersion. Compared to certain other titles such as Dragon Age: Inquisition and Shadow Of Mordor which supposedly offer a much longer playthrough experience this doesn't sound like much, but in either of those games (and many others) 95% of the game is completely made up of filler quests and objectives just to reach a certain level to reach your end-game, overall the true valuable gameplay combined those campaigns offer much less hours.
    I can't wait for a sequel, and I will gladly drop another 60 euro's for this excellent IP.
  20. Feb 20, 2015
    I'm a fan of critics review, I have always check them prior to buying any game. Last week I was surprised that The ORDER:1886 is already available (18th Feb), and by Gut Feel I bought it...and played the next day (around 6 hours already and have not yet finished). The graphics are outstanding...but felt that it is like a movie in a way, the game mechanics are mediocre and basicallyI'm a fan of critics review, I have always check them prior to buying any game. Last week I was surprised that The ORDER:1886 is already available (18th Feb), and by Gut Feel I bought it...and played the next day (around 6 hours already and have not yet finished). The graphics are outstanding...but felt that it is like a movie in a way, the game mechanics are mediocre and basically acceptable but at the end of the day, I have played it longer than any game that I have bought for PS4 that received better review than this game.

All that said, I just realized that we just need to buy the games that we want and not let reviews ruin the experience...This game is just my cup of tea...you may not like it but for me...it quench my thirst for a well worth game.
  21. Feb 20, 2015
    An engaging, unique and thoroughly exciting thriller.

The Order 1886 has been copping a lot flack by reviews, I would like to pint out a few things to help YOU decide if this is a game for you... If you prefer constant action, gameplay and the bullets flying (and that is totally cool btw) then you need not keep reading, go play Call of Duty or Gears of war. However if you enjoyed
    An engaging, unique and thoroughly exciting thriller.

However if you enjoyed games like Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead and Life is Strange but also love a bit of third person action then this a game you will want to check out.

ready at dawn have created a wholly unique piece of gaming art, it is completely story driven- with a lot of QTE's splashed around that don't feel lazy- they help progress the story, as this is exactly what the game has set out to be- a long, cinematic period movie.

The story itself is full of mystery, intrigue and lore with amazing characters who you come to truly care about by the end of the game.

The graphics are stunning, almost life-like in parts but it is the atmosphere and progression, just like a film that really got me engaged.

I see The Order: 1886 being seen as a 'fail' by mainstream audiences, however I also see this as a cult classic for the niche market of gamers who enjoy a great tale of history and revenge.

I am giving a perfect 10 because for what it is, that is exactly what the game deserves. It is epic beyond words.

Again, I can not stress enough if you are looking for an action title, best save your $$.
    But if you are willing to try something new, have an open mind and are not bogged down by the pretty unfair negative press you will be pleasantly surprised by what i would call a masterpiece of cinematic gaming.
  22. Feb 20, 2015
    I haven't finished it yet, so I can't account for length, but I've no bothers with the story as of yet. The setting, plot, characters, it's all got me invested so far. I can't lie that the characters aren't the most stand out and original, they're enjoyable and likeable and feel real, but I probably won't remember most of us them come next week. The setting is a pretty sweet premise, theI haven't finished it yet, so I can't account for length, but I've no bothers with the story as of yet. The setting, plot, characters, it's all got me invested so far. I can't lie that the characters aren't the most stand out and original, they're enjoyable and likeable and feel real, but I probably won't remember most of us them come next week. The setting is a pretty sweet premise, the Queens's Order of Knights preserve the peace in Victorian London from rebellions and the supernatural with technology way beyond it's time, created by Nikola Tesla. I've only seen some elixir in cutscenes that heals grave wounds instantly, and some of the characters are talking as though they've been around for centuries with no sense of humour, so that's got me wanting to know more. The plot so far is dealing with betrayal within the Order, and the rebellion possibly allying with half-breeds (half werewolf/human I think). I'm wiling to bet all this would make for a kickass immersive world RPG or film.

The gameplay though. It's Ryse with guns. Like, if you've played Ryse then play this, you will see exactly what I mean. One problem is that I'll be finally really be getting into combat, and then it'll yank the control away from me again for a cutscene that you can't skip or look away from incase there's a QTE, so it holds your attention hostage when it shouldn't have to. On the combat, it could feel weightier and grittier. They've already decided on creating a gritty world, but the combat doesn't match that. It feels the kind of game that would warrant a bit of gore, as it would have fitting context. Honestly though, it's the kind of third person shooter that ticks the boxes smoothly and that's about it as far as I've seen. There's honestly way too **** many QTEs, it's as though Ready At Dawn tried to translate some of their God of War experience to this, and they've brought the QTEs with them, not realising that shooters like this work best when the firefights are frantic, brutal, and organically paced by the player and AI. The button prompts break immersion like a **** and this game needs every bit of immersion it can get.

This game had the potential to be so much more, but they spent too much time making a tech demo instead of a game.
  23. Feb 20, 2015
    Well...
    1st Non-skippable cut scenes, so if one goes for the second time, he must see again and again the same scenes.
    2st Cutscene and QTE account for about 50% of the game with a game time of 5-7 hours. 3rd Enemy AI is as AI from Lemings. 4th Animation of lycanthrope are continuously repeated. So far I counted 4 again and again repeating. 5th Duel with boss on the principle of QTE
    Well...
    3rd Enemy AI is as AI from Lemings.
    5th Duel with boss on the principle of QTE is something shocking. But it isnt the worst thing. Finall boss and one boss in half of game are the "same". Same QTE and animations....
    6th Trimmed graphics. Somewhere I found how the game should look like and how it looks. Better are the shadows, but the rest is hacked, including details around a single character.
    7th Untapped potential of Victorian England is a great steampunk inventions of Nikola Tesla in the background of the war with werewolves.
    8th Boring coridor and stupid stealt passages which indicate that the authors put it there either forced or over them completely considered.
  24. Feb 20, 2015
    This game is underated for what it is...the flak this game is getting is for not being like other games that offer far more freedom in the way you approach a mission..which can be overshadowed by what this game does right...which is extremley well written dialogue, story and characters...if you enjoy a great cinematic experience youll love this game...if you couldn't give a rats rectumThis game is underated for what it is...the flak this game is getting is for not being like other games that offer far more freedom in the way you approach a mission..which can be overshadowed by what this game does right...which is extremley well written dialogue, story and characters...if you enjoy a great cinematic experience youll love this game...if you couldn't give a rats rectum about graphics or story you will be very dissapointed... Expand
  25. Feb 20, 2015
    Do not mistake it for what it is not, it is NOT a fast paced shooter. Do not follow the haters. It is a cinematic masterpiece, with incredible action alongside. It is graphically beautiful, the best visuals I've ever seen in a game. The smoke rising from grenades and explosions, the materials of the characters clothing, the detail put into the weapons are astounding. There are a variety ofDo not mistake it for what it is not, it is NOT a fast paced shooter. Do not follow the haters. It is a cinematic masterpiece, with incredible action alongside. It is graphically beautiful, the best visuals I've ever seen in a game. The smoke rising from grenades and explosions, the materials of the characters clothing, the detail put into the weapons are astounding. There are a variety of epic weapons, my favourite being the Arc Rifle, The story is amazing. I have enjoyed every second, and i will enjoy every second again. Expand
  26. Feb 20, 2015
    It's incredible how much hate from fanboys this game stirrs up. If you take the game for what it wants to be, a cinematic shooter experience in a breathtaking and fresh environment with interesting characters, unrivaled graphics and little to no replay value, this game is amazing. Few games take me in like this, this are the next gen graphics we all were waiting for!
    If you can forgive it
    If you can forgive it the relatively safe gameplay and like cinematic games, you will absolutely love this game. Read the Gameinformer review and not one of those hateful publications. If you expected a heavily gameplay oriented game (which the developers never wanted to make) look somewhere else.
  27. Feb 20, 2015
    Excelente juego es evidente que si tiene muy poca duración pero la diversión que me dio para esa cantidad de horas fue un deleite que hacen que merezca este 10 que le estoy dando!
  28. Feb 20, 2015
    The game is simple but it has awesome graphics. Some reviews mention http://youtu.be/ivwc4S6egLM that design is strange, I don't see anything strange in design. It may not be exactly what we expected, but still this is a decent game worth trying.
  29. Feb 20, 2015
    Do not be deterred by all the negativity surrounding the release of The Order. As you will read 100's of times the graphics have no equal on console. But the gameplay is not near as bad as all these critics with unrealistic expectations want you to believe. I am a huge Uncharted fan one of the greatest reviewed series on any Playstation console. I will tell you that the gunplay here isDo not be deterred by all the negativity surrounding the release of The Order. As you will read 100's of times the graphics have no equal on console. But the gameplay is not near as bad as all these critics with unrealistic expectations want you to believe. I am a huge Uncharted fan one of the greatest reviewed series on any Playstation console. I will tell you that the gunplay here is much tighter, headshots which I struggle with in Uncharted are much easier to accomplish in The Order. Sure the Uncharted series has a much more open structure and great exploration. But this game is striving for a truly cinematic experience. To me the results are jaw-dropping. The atmosphere and sound design are the best I've seen since The Last of Us. The production values are probably the likes of which we won't see until the new Uncharted. Ready at Dawn just might be the next Naughty Dog. They have learned to push the hardware to heights that other develops can't come close to. Sure the game is short and linear. But I would rather have 8 hours of perfection then 100 hours of open world average gameplay where most of the stuff is just there to pad the length. The Order is a breath of fresh air in a world where develops concentrate on huge amounts of content instead of perfecting what is there. What's here in The Order is beautiful, exciting and executed to near perfection. If you have been waiting for a game to show your friends what your PS4 is capable of this is finally the game. Do I truly believe that this is a perfect 10, I don't. But it is much better then it is being given credit for. If this is the direction the new gen of gaming is going I'm all in. I just pray that the negative reviews don't prevent Ready at Dawns' masterpiece from reaching the audience it deserves. Because I really want a sequel to explore this incredible world they have created further. Expand
  30. Feb 20, 2015
    The hate this game is receiving is disgusting. In my 20 years of gaming, I have never seen such a vicious act of hate, trolls and biased reviews towards a new IP. And this has been on since day one. I wonder what people get out of bashing The Order? If this game had been multiplatform, a couple hours longer and couple pf QTE`s lighter, people would have been praising it through the roof.The hate this game is receiving is disgusting. In my 20 years of gaming, I have never seen such a vicious act of hate, trolls and biased reviews towards a new IP. And this has been on since day one. I wonder what people get out of bashing The Order? If this game had been multiplatform, a couple hours longer and couple pf QTE`s lighter, people would have been praising it through the roof.

The game is good. It is really really good. If your`e a fan of story driven games in the vein of Uncharted, The Last Of Us, Heavy Rain and TellTale`s The Walking Dead, you`re in for a treat. everything works great as a whole in this game, and everyone has to remember, it`s a new IP. Everything will be bigger and better in the next installment. I hope there is The Order 1887 in the horizon, despite some petty people trying to ruin everything.

Graphics are great, setpieces engaging, the setting marvellous. QTE`s are a bit on the heavy side and the story and it`s conclusion somewhat lacking. And the game could be unboubtedly a little longer. Other than that, it`s all good.
  31. Feb 20, 2015
    I find it hard to illustrate how good or bad this game is, on one hand it isn't the worst product on the market, yet on the other it's almost an embarrassment to video gaming as a whole. I'll give it credit for being occasionally pretty, the visuals can be quite nice even withe the FPS and all that. Next I'll give it a point for not being riddled with bugs like some other games can be, soI find it hard to illustrate how good or bad this game is, on one hand it isn't the worst product on the market, yet on the other it's almost an embarrassment to video gaming as a whole. I'll give it credit for being occasionally pretty, the visuals can be quite nice even withe the FPS and all that. Next I'll give it a point for not being riddled with bugs like some other games can be, so that's a positive.

Now onto the actual game, it's incredibly short. You are looking at around 2.5-3 hours of play time with the rest being cut scenes, some cut scenes are almost 45 minutes long. Straight. Fighting is basic cover, shoot followed by tons on QTE's. As has been mentioned there are even QTE sequences that are literally copied throughout the game. It's the same exact sequences.

This game has no replay value, no extra modes, no real anything extra. There are no choices, there is no exploring, it's an on the rails cinematic experience with poor FPS and a bad, poorly thought out story. Rent this game, beat it in a couple hours and you will still feel ripped off. This game is the definition of bad. It's the definition of a video game failure. The only reason I won't score lower is because it technically could have been completely broken and never looked pretty at all.
  32. Feb 20, 2015
    I haven't written a review in a while but felt it was probably necessary given the amount of mixed press surrounding the release of The Order. I'll point out initially that I haven't yet completed the game so these are just my impression of the first few hours of game play (I'm on Chapter 5 out of what I believe are 16 so about a third of the way through the game) which I hope will helpI haven't written a review in a while but felt it was probably necessary given the amount of mixed press surrounding the release of The Order. I'll point out initially that I haven't yet completed the game so these are just my impression of the first few hours of game play (I'm on Chapter 5 out of what I believe are 16 so about a third of the way through the game) which I hope will help people undecided about whether to buy it. The main criticisms coming out of the press are aimed at the game play (or lack thereof) and also the story. In my opinion there are some grounds to gripe with the game play but certainly not the story. The order is a cover shooter and really wants you to know it, in fact aside from Heavy Rain style QTEs (think press X to Jason) and a lot of walking that's pretty much all the game play you will be doing . There's absolutely nothing wrong with the cover shooting system, it works very well and for the most part is pretty enjoyable, but the thing that other successful cover shooters on PlayStation achieve is to have some additional elements to the game play. Uncharted throws in the odd bit of driving along with plenty of platforming and puzzle solving, Vanquish had a suit with crazy abilities to add some melee combat in, and games like Sleeping Dogs and GTA V have an open expansive world to explore with plenty of side activities. I'm not saying that The Order needs all or any of these elements but it certainly would benefit from the odd change up in a while, hell even a levelling system would spice things up. On the subject of the story, I haven't found any reason to find fault so far, in fact I'm fairly gripped both by the topic and the performances. I'm genuinely interested to find out how everything unravels! The final thing I will mention is the graphics. I'm sure PC gamers will point out that high end PC's have been sporting these kind of graphics for ages blah blah blah, but for console gaming it really is a wonder to behold. Be it a reflection in a window, a cloud of smoke from an explosion or just the glow of a lamp in the dark, the sheer impressiveness of the visuals is there for all to see!

Whether or not you should buy The Order boils down to a few things, if you aren't strapped for cash and enjoy a decent bit of story driven gaming then definitely check it out. If you are interested in experiencing the graphics and story but are unsure about the game play and the cost, then wait to get a pre-owned copy (there is unlikely to be any worthwhile DLC to miss out on). Finally if your games collection consists of only FIFA and/or CoD/Battlefield then give it a miss, you wont enjoy it and will probably spend the next month slagging it off on message boards!

I hope this has been useful for anyone on the fence about whether to pick up The Order: 1886 this weekend.
  33. Feb 20, 2015
    The most immersive and engaging game I think I have ever played. The polish and level of perfection is setting a new standard. The story is interesting and keeps you guessing, the gunplay is on point and the weapons are fun to use. London feels alive and vibrant, gives beautiful screenshots and is worthwhile listening in on conversations. The game is quite unique actually and IS definitelyThe most immersive and engaging game I think I have ever played. The polish and level of perfection is setting a new standard. The story is interesting and keeps you guessing, the gunplay is on point and the weapons are fun to use. London feels alive and vibrant, gives beautiful screenshots and is worthwhile listening in on conversations. The game is quite unique actually and IS definitely worth buying. Expand
  34. Feb 20, 2015
    That now a GAME in pure case of a word - but this is enjoyable experience - i love it. There is some downsides about lenght of the game, but it feel's complete anyway.
  35. Feb 20, 2015
    Best graphics ever! Why the hell I have to write 150 characters long review. I love the game and give it a 10/10. Isn't that enough for you metacritic.
  36. Feb 20, 2015
    So I started to write a long review, but unfortunetly I refreshed the site by mistake and it's all lost...
    So I will be quick. The game is NOT SHORT by any means. I've just finished Chapter 3 and I played around 3 hours, there is no way I will finish the last 13 Chapters under 2 hours.... The gameplay is intense and the gunplay is really fun. Yes, there are a lot of cut-scenes and QTEs, but it's a cinematic game. I expected the game to be like this, the developers said it many times that the game will be like this. So if you like cinematic games and don't minde QTEs, you should buy this game. There are some interesting new QTEs too when you need to choose what "weapon" to use.
    The whole game is working very well, but ofcourse there are some negative things too, like when you can explore, there are a lot of places you can go in, like rooms and stuff, but in these rooms there is nothing. You can go in, but nothing is there. It would be good if we could find some interesting stuff there. But that's all what I don't like.
    What I can't understand what the reviewers expected from the game? Because if someone followed the game from the announcment to the release that person must have known what the game will be like. I mean gameplay wise. If you expected a sandbox game with only gameplay, you did something wrong. If you expected a cinematic expereince with lot of cut-scenes and QTEs, than you will like this game a lot.
    So if you are the kind of person who like that stuff, buy it. No matter what other people says. If you want only gameplay and not, basically an interactive movie, than don't go even near to it. I wanted a game like this, so I love it's every aspect. I don't really care what other people say. The game is amazing for me, and I hope if there will be a sequel in the future, it will be the same. I don't want to see an amazing game's sequel like this to be ruined by people who don't know what they want to play... If you want to play a basketball game, don't buy FIFA. If you don't want to play an interactive movie game with TPS elements, don't buy The Order 1886!
  37. Feb 20, 2015
    The Order 1886 is honestly one of the best games I have played in years. Ever since the 8th generation of consoles started and Nintendo and Micro$oft did nothing but shell out disappointments, Sony took the lead and did what needed to be done. The Order is a true next gen experience that Sony has provided for all of us, along with the talent at Ready at Dawn. This is for the gameThe Order 1886 is honestly one of the best games I have played in years. Ever since the 8th generation of consoles started and Nintendo and Micro$oft did nothing but shell out disappointments, Sony took the lead and did what needed to be done. The Order is a true next gen experience that Sony has provided for all of us, along with the talent at Ready at Dawn. This is for the game lovers, this is for the people just entering next gen, this is for those who want a TRUE next gen cinematic experience. This...is 4 the players. Expand
  38. Feb 20, 2015
    The story is just boring with characters you don't care about, Game play there is hardly any, huge cutscenes that make you feel you are watching the End scene of the game almost from the start, pointless QuickTime events where there doesn't need to be any, as for any shooting the guns seem ridiculously overpowered and obliterate everything in sight without even having to bother about anyThe story is just boring with characters you don't care about, Game play there is hardly any, huge cutscenes that make you feel you are watching the End scene of the game almost from the start, pointless QuickTime events where there doesn't need to be any, as for any shooting the guns seem ridiculously overpowered and obliterate everything in sight without even having to bother about any aiming accuracy.
    The graphics seem to of been the priority of this game and everything else just an afterthought.
  39. Feb 20, 2015
    Took me a little over 9hours on hard. and to be honest thats about the time I took to finish Last of Us.
    The true flops for this next gen was, Titanfall...took 3weeks to empty servers, masterchief i couldnt even play the game it was broken, sunset, sigh returned it on next day.
  40. Feb 20, 2015
    Un historia intensa y muy gratificante, te metes en ella desde el primer momento, unos gráficos jamas vistos en la nueva generación, las mecánicas de juego son divertidas y muy rejugable para los que nos gustan este tipo de juegos.
  41. Feb 20, 2015
    I really like the graphics and world design. It is like a next gen Dishonored. The constant letterboxing and qte's are a definite minus though. It could have been a great game if the gameplay and level design were at the same level as the graphics.
  42. Feb 20, 2015
    Amazing graphic, music and story but many cutscenes. Its really nice game - dont trust haters who giving game 0 i bet they are xbox fans - this game dont deserves 0...
  43. Feb 20, 2015
    The most hated and unfairly rated game in history of the industry. The Order 1886 is really beautiful game, with amazing story and mind blowing next-gen graphics. 10/10 for me.
  44. Feb 20, 2015
    So as you might expect i really don't like this game, don't get me wrong graphically it is a beautiful cinematic experience, but there lies the problem, i want a game not a movie, the graphics are the only thing in the orders corner, everything else about the game is bad, the pace is slow, the movement of your character is slugish and sometimes unresponsive, the QTE's are far to often, theSo as you might expect i really don't like this game, don't get me wrong graphically it is a beautiful cinematic experience, but there lies the problem, i want a game not a movie, the graphics are the only thing in the orders corner, everything else about the game is bad, the pace is slow, the movement of your character is slugish and sometimes unresponsive, the QTE's are far to often, the characters are not engaging, they give you no reason to care about them.

i played for around 2 hours last night i became bored very quickly, i mean just over an hour of that was cut scenes and QTE's.

Its a shame really because it is a very big missed opportunity for a game that had so much potential to be something more. my verdict the order 1886 doesn't just stumble out of the gate it face plants.
  45. Feb 20, 2015
    I'm giving this 2 points because of the visuals alone. They are great. The problem is that is all there is to the Order 1886. There is almost no gameplay worth speaking of, the story is cliche and not interesting, enemies are recycles, the characters are flat. Maybe the developers shouldn't have said "Gameplay is something that...it's a game, we can't get around it."

Well there

Well there certainly is little to do in this title other than the odd QTE or failproof cover based shooter section. For a game that was going to rely so much on its story that area is really poor as well. I assume the writers' penmanship was too bad for Hollywood so they went for the video game industry. Please don't repeat this.
  46. Feb 20, 2015
    Finished the game in 7 hours.
    But how long did I really play?Between the cinematics, QTE's and forced walking/infiltration (because yes, the game decides how you are supposed to play, don't expect to run when they want you to walk or crouch) there is actually very few actual gameplay.
    Finished the game in 7 hours.
    Sadly, we get nothing else than endless corridors with wave of enemies to kill (terrible level design), hidden behind whatever is in front of us.The AI, simply isn't there.They either run at you, stay still, or try to hide with their head out in the open.
    There is absolutely no innovation.This is something you would expect in 2005, not 10 years later.

As for the scenario, it isn't much to talk about, for the same price you could buy yourself 10 books or so if what you're after is a good story.
    The Order is an empty shell, there is no gameplay and the story is passable.Boring is the best way to describe it.

As for the graphics, we know the new consoles are far behind computers.But who cares, because only gameplay matters right?
    Funny, because now all we hear are people discarding the gameplay completely and praising the game just for it looks.
    Personally, I'm not impressed at all.The black bars are the main reason there is little aliasing, and people would freak out if they were to become a new trend (plus they become quickly a nuisance in shooting scenes because you can't see enough).That and we have heavy blur (that you wouldn't have on PC) and below 30 FPS.Which is kinda sad because there isn't that much action going on in the screen and we're mostly inside enclosed sections so there's less things to process.
  47. Feb 20, 2015
    This game by no means deserve this criticism. There are some technical downsides but still, story and the atmosphere... Something that you must try for yourselfe!
  48. Feb 20, 2015
    This is a new concept in video games, merging a PS4 tech showcase , with a good story, immerse situations and impressive graphics. Gameplay wise is a Gear of Wars clone, with the problem it seems to be less videogame and more movie based.

QTEs are not a lot like people said a lot. The good thing is most QTEs are fun and looks pretty awesome, so it doesnt affect the overall experience.

Sound field is just perfect, like in a good SCI FI movie.

Overall this is a good game if you like new stuff, just because its not a normal game like everything else out there. This is a new concept for the industry and some people may like it and some others may hate it. Thats the truth about a game that kinda changes the normal videogame concept.

Some people like changes, others fears from it. This is why a lot of people gave it really bad reviews and some others not.

The game is interesting and it does meet to attract the player attention. You must play this game for what it is. When you realize you must do that, you will enjoy it a lot. Otherwise you will just miss the entire idea from the developers and just hate it.

For all this i give this game a 9 , because its not a masterpiece in this "new concept" but it does succeed because is something new and well done.
  49. Feb 20, 2015
    Amazing graphics, amazing characters, and the story is just WOW! Worth every penny. If you looking for a next gen game and immersive as well, you found it: The Order: 1886
  50. Feb 20, 2015
    This game will be an embarrassment to anyone who enjoys video games, incredibly short, 3:0 and 2:0 of custcenes, linear to the extreme, very basic coverage system, very QTE in main parts, fights against the werewolf are repetitive, replay factor is zero, there is no what to explore, on Rails, bad story.
  51. Feb 20, 2015
    The Order 1886 is a movie with some game play on it, but it was advertised as a third person shooting game, not as a visual novel. Black bars letter boxing, a 5 hour campaign with 2 hours of unskippable cut scenes... don't buy.
  52. Feb 20, 2015
    8.5 is what I would of give this but I can't on this site the game is no award winner it's certainly no the best game this gen Far Cry 4,Sunset Overdrive or Driveclub (now it's fixed) take that award for me but it's still a great game it really is visually the best game I have seen on any console the story took me 7/8 hours on hard which is short as it has nothing to offer once the game8.5 is what I would of give this but I can't on this site the game is no award winner it's certainly no the best game this gen Far Cry 4,Sunset Overdrive or Driveclub (now it's fixed) take that award for me but it's still a great game it really is visually the best game I have seen on any console the story took me 7/8 hours on hard which is short as it has nothing to offer once the game has finished.

This game could of been the next Last Of Us and I still think the critics would of panned the game because they panned the game for the past 2 years..
    Buy it you will like it if you don't sell it.
  53. Feb 20, 2015
    My only problem with this game is that it left me wanting more, graphically is the best game I've ever seen, art direction is perfect and the characters are really believable thanks to the the facial animations and the stellar voice cast, the gunfights are fun and engaging, stealth sections are sort of the worst part but are few.
    Story is very good and the amount of cutscenes just works
    Story is very good and the amount of cutscenes just works well in making you feel inside the plot.
    Don't believe those who give it a 0, they've never played it for sure.
  54. Feb 20, 2015
    About 1-2 hours of actual user game play. If I wanted to watch a movie I would go to the theaters. Visuals are awesome and best I've seen on the PS4 but that does not make up for the lack of everything else. Seems like the game was made to get you too buy sequels as there really isn't an ending, more like a proof of concept or showing off of the engine. If this was on the PC i would waitAbout 1-2 hours of actual user game play. If I wanted to watch a movie I would go to the theaters. Visuals are awesome and best I've seen on the PS4 but that does not make up for the lack of everything else. Seems like the game was made to get you too buy sequels as there really isn't an ending, more like a proof of concept or showing off of the engine. If this was on the PC i would wait until its on a Humble Bundle! Expand
  55. Feb 20, 2015
    Everything is good.
    I think this game really looks like different and look like perfect.. Im waiting for The order next game..
    Story really amazing and good.
  56. Feb 20, 2015
    Good Game
    Und you know how the Game works, it would be Perfect for you :)
    It makes very much fun with brilliant graphic, Sound and armosphere
    This Game is Perfect
  57. Feb 20, 2015
    Too short and more quick time events and cutscenes than actual gameplay. Whats left of the "gameplay" is stupid walking from point A to B and some Moorhuhn action.

Hint: Watch a good movie and download Moorhuhn for free.
  58. Feb 25, 2015
    Flat out bloody awesome on so many levels. I haven't loved a game this much in ages and I play alot of games across all formats. The games score here is a disgrace and people need to read different points of view and not just the totally self righteous and cynical gaming press who aren't fit to lick the games considerably polished and buckled leather boots. It's clear from the outset thatFlat out bloody awesome on so many levels. I haven't loved a game this much in ages and I play alot of games across all formats. The games score here is a disgrace and people need to read different points of view and not just the totally self righteous and cynical gaming press who aren't fit to lick the games considerably polished and buckled leather boots. It's clear from the outset that 1886 is a highly cinematic experience with lots of scripting and relatively constrictive gameplay. If you want a more open world game with tons of collectible crap and rat run errands buy something else. If you want a game with a great focused story, truly memorable characters you root for and movie quality tension and action set pieces look no further. All backed up by some of the best audio visual work ever done for a video game. It's worth owning a PS4 just for this and I pray the sales are good enough for a sequel. Expand
  59. Feb 25, 2015
    I stopped reading critics reviews a while ago. And luckily for that cause i might have missed out on this gem based on their review score.

This game has it all: An interesting story Believable characters Amazing atmosphere Intense action/gunfights And the best graphics, litterly the best graphics I've seen. This game has balance, you get into heavy gun fights then off to a

This game has it all:
    An interesting story
    Believable characters
    Amazing atmosphere
    Intense action/gunfights
    And the best graphics, litterly the best graphics I've seen.

This game has balance, you get into heavy gun fights then off to a consuming story part then off to cinematics and then back into the action. Everything is very well balanced.
    The content is mature, and am i happy for that, as i grow older i get more and more tired of cartoonish protagonist and stereotype villians, you won't find any of that here.

Try this game at your friends house then run out and buy it cause you will definitely miss out on a grand game if you pass on this one.
    I really cannot understand all the hate this game has gotten. Two thumbs up for delivering such a great experience..
  60. Feb 24, 2015
    I love games like this one. The visuals are amazing. I have not seen a game that has looked better in my entire 30 plus years of gaming, console or PC. It truly sets new standards for how good games can look. Even dust particle are simulated! The visuals alone are worth the 60 bucks.

I don't see how a game like this gets bad reviews. The game play and story are solid, the presentation is a master piece. The game took me around 8.5 hours to beat and I had a blast playing it.

Watch this game on twitch and decide for yourself.
  61. Feb 25, 2015
    I am glad that I didn't listen the critic's reviews or else I would have missed out on what was an outstanding single player game.

I've been searching for a game that would engage me from the start and bring me to a climatic ending and The Order: 1886 delivered. I've started Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive. I have not finished either game as I lost interest quickly and the game became very repetitive. Their stories were not engaging so it was very easy for me to put my controller down and move on to the next game which was The Order.

It was the first game that I've finished in months. It will also be the second one since I'm playing it all over again.

If you are looking for a 3rd person shooter with an engaging story and brilliant pacing, this game is for you. I highly recommend it.
  62. Feb 25, 2015
    Outstanding game. Cinematic presentation? Check. Amazing visuals? Check. Superb voice acting? Check. Zero padding or pointless quests? Check. Don't be fooled by the QTE complaint as there isn't a whole lot of them. I think the "critics" are counting regular button presses, such as opening doors or view items, since a button pops up when you're near, which doesn't count becauseOutstanding game. Cinematic presentation? Check. Amazing visuals? Check. Superb voice acting? Check. Zero padding or pointless quests? Check. Don't be fooled by the QTE complaint as there isn't a whole lot of them. I think the "critics" are counting regular button presses, such as opening doors or view items, since a button pops up when you're near, which doesn't count because that's just a basic action.

All in all, this is something you want to experience for yourself because the "critics" are absolutely wrong bashing this game. I'm more than glad with spending $60 for this type of game and will be pre-ordering the next one as soon as it's available.
  63. Feb 26, 2015
    Where to start with The Order 1886. It really feels like this game has been a victim of a media furor and bad circumstances. The game is by no means as bad as some outlets are reporting in fact it is indeed very much the opposite. I can understand why some people will find this game hard to swallow mainly because the game play mechanics are quite simple and the time between them can beWhere to start with The Order 1886. It really feels like this game has been a victim of a media furor and bad circumstances. The game is by no means as bad as some outlets are reporting in fact it is indeed very much the opposite. I can understand why some people will find this game hard to swallow mainly because the game play mechanics are quite simple and the time between them can be quite spaced out. Is this a problem? Only if you are incapable of not itching to press the buttons on your controller at all times. The negativity toward this particular aspect of the game is puzzling to me especially when you consider games like 'Gone Home' received such critical acclaim despite being arguably a very dry experience depending on your preference. I am aware that the game falls into the so called 'triple A' camp and therefore is rather pricey at launch but its just a good game despite what has been said about it so its a worth while investment.

To be honest I actually respect this game for allowing down time between action segments. It might feel like you're not doing much at the time but the whole time you're absorbing your environments and taking in the atmosphere. It really reminds me of old point and click adventures at times. Granted you're not usually out to solve puzzles but the dynamic feels the same. Perhaps I'm just not a 'real gamer' but I believe there's space in the gaming world for these sorts of titles. I'd very much like to see a sequel and the main aspects I'd like to see altered would perhaps be the addition of some more lore or indeed a little more opportunity to interact with the world around you and indeed have the world fleshed out the world in general.

Give the game a chance for yourself and judge for yourself.
  64. Feb 26, 2015
    I'm not really sure how to rate this game. I'd just finished playing Dying Light prior to this and would give it the same score. Two completely different games, but both very enjoyable in their own ways. My first play-through in Dying Light took me 37 hours. I finished The Order in about 7 hours. Again, two completely different games.

I went into this game with the lowest of

I went into this game with the lowest of expectations. I initially was very excited and pre-ordered the game months ago. After reading all of the critic reviews and negative feedback related to the game, I cancelled my pre-order and didn't plan on playing it. After watching game-play on LFP and Twitch, I decided to go ahead and try the game myself. I'm extremely happy I did. While a lot of the comments about the game are accurate, cutscenes, QTE, etc., it's done incredibly well and I really can't see this game being done any differently. It is a very heavily story based game. It took me about 2 hours to really get into it, but at that point I was totally hooked. I finished the game and immediately was excited to play the sequel (hopefully all of the negative attention doesn't prevent this from happening!).

In closing, anybody that was excited and then skeptical based on all of the negative attention, you really won't be disappointed. While you could consider it short, it really didn't feel short while playing it. I don't think a 7-8 hour game is short. It's got great graphics and a phenomenal story. This is possibly my favorite exclusive game to date ("next gen").
  65. Feb 25, 2015
    This game is not so good if you consider it as a typical TPS, but nearly a master piece as a movie experience game.
    Of course many people is disappointed by the length of the story, but I enjoyed it, and I love the experience of the whole game, gorgeous graphics, complicated story, and terrific handling, personally.
  66. Feb 25, 2015
    Not only is this not as bad as many reviewers are claiming, but it's actually good.

The game is visually stunning, with great audio and voice acting. It has great world building and a good story. Most reviewers are finding faults with what the game isn't than what the game is. The game isn't an open world game, so gripes about being linear seem unfair when that is what the game is going for. There aren't as many QTEs as they claim, unless they're counting every time you get a button prompt to open a door. There's nothing wrong with a shorter game, finishing it in under 8 hours if you're not rushing things. I had no problem with the preset weapons for each mission; this isn't a multiplayer FPS, but a specifically designed experience.

The only problem with the game are the cover mechanics. I found myself wanting to take cover sometimes where the game wouldn't let me, while snapping into cover when I didn't want to. There also was a lack of cover-to-cover movement, forcing you to pop out and back into cover if you wanted to go around a corner or move forward. These are lessons that should have been learned from games such as The Last of Us.
  67. Feb 25, 2015
    Fascinating and excellent game. I've been playing for 3.5 hours and am on chapter five, out of I think 15 or 16 chapters. So not a long game, but I prefer it to Dragon Age: Inquisition, which was mostly fetchquests and padding. Great story, amazing acting. and believe it or not, fun gameplay. Why do we always think that we need to innovate in gameplay? There are plenty of innovations inFascinating and excellent game. I've been playing for 3.5 hours and am on chapter five, out of I think 15 or 16 chapters. So not a long game, but I prefer it to Dragon Age: Inquisition, which was mostly fetchquests and padding. Great story, amazing acting. and believe it or not, fun gameplay. Why do we always think that we need to innovate in gameplay? There are plenty of innovations in this game, mainly they are in story and visuals, which are both stunning. The gameplay is fun and not just every once in a while like people say. Whatever. Go check this game out, it is really cool. Expand
  68. Feb 26, 2015
    There are a lot of overly critical reviews out there for this game that review it based on what they wanted out of the game rather than reviewing the game based on it's own merits and what it was intended to be.

It was never intended to be the next great shooter, nor was it ever intended to be a multi-player game. That said, it makes no sense whatsoever to critique it for not being either of these.

On it's own merits, this game offers some of the best production quality you'll ever find in a game. It plays very well and performs very well. Unlike most games these days, there is no need for a huge day one patch to fix a conundrum of game breaking or new game breaking issues or performance bottlenecks.

The voice acting is very well done, and the story is very good and will draw most players in easily.

The main reason this game gets an 8 instead of a 9 or a 10, is the lack of content. It is a shorter game than you'd want to have out of a full price retail title. That said, what you get for the full price is some of the highest quality you'll get these days, and this game easily has the best visuals, music, and sound, if not voice acting as well, that you'll get in a next gen console game, by far.

It's definitely worth a play through, and once you're done, just resell the game used, or trade it in for a credit. You can easily do that and save a good bit of money within a week or less, even if you sparingly play games.
  69. Feb 25, 2015
    A much better game then many people are giving it credit for. With well designed weapons, top notch graphics and attention to detail, a very well told story with some of the best voice acting and animations, the wolf fights are fun and they look very disturbing while they morph right infront of your eyes. A short game but you'll be left wanting more as the setting and characters keeps youA much better game then many people are giving it credit for. With well designed weapons, top notch graphics and attention to detail, a very well told story with some of the best voice acting and animations, the wolf fights are fun and they look very disturbing while they morph right infront of your eyes. A short game but you'll be left wanting more as the setting and characters keeps you thinking about the story long after you finish it. Can't wait to see more in the series, a great entry with an interesting world that needs to be expanded upon. Expand
  70. Feb 26, 2015
    The Order 1886 doesn't deserve the hard hitting criticism it's getting. Over-exaggerations from critics and the media are plaguing this game, it saddens me. It isn't perfect, but what this game offers in terms of story and atmosphere is exceptional. I played the game on hard, which to me was the perfect playing setting. Never once in the game did I feel that the cut scenes were too long orThe Order 1886 doesn't deserve the hard hitting criticism it's getting. Over-exaggerations from critics and the media are plaguing this game, it saddens me. It isn't perfect, but what this game offers in terms of story and atmosphere is exceptional. I played the game on hard, which to me was the perfect playing setting. Never once in the game did I feel that the cut scenes were too long or there wasn't enough combat to compensate it on the other end, don't let others determine your opinion until you try it yourself. Expand
  71. Feb 25, 2015
    I highly recommend playing this game. This website has a requirement that I make this review 150 characters long so I'm going to...okay now i'm done.
  72. Feb 24, 2015
    I really love this game and it's worth every penny! It's easily the best looking game I have ever seen. The character models and backgrounds are highly polished and beautiful. Game play is a blast and reminds me of the Gears of War franchise. I searched for all of the collectibles and the game took me around 11-12 hours to complete and I plan on playing it again. The story is reallyI really love this game and it's worth every penny! It's easily the best looking game I have ever seen. The character models and backgrounds are highly polished and beautiful. Game play is a blast and reminds me of the Gears of War franchise. I searched for all of the collectibles and the game took me around 11-12 hours to complete and I plan on playing it again. The story is really interesting and kept my attention throughout.

Don't let the critic reviews put you off from buying this game. There is something bad wrong when a mediocre game like Evil Within gets 8s and 9s and then the same sites dump on The Order.
  73. Feb 26, 2015
    Are the beautiful graphics enough to cover up the gameplay? Thats kind of a mixed reaction to be honest.
    Yes the game looks gorgeous, probably the most beautiful game ever, but when it comes to gameplay is it as bad as everyone thinks it is? No. it most certainly is not, yes there are pitfalls and yes sometimes it may not be for everyone who wants that fast paced run and gun kind of gameplay, but it works well if you are patient enough.
    The story is great in my opinion, i really did enjoy it and the time to beat the game didn't upset me because i finished the game and was totally satisfied.
    The voice acting was on par with some of the best hollywood films.
    I believe in a way that this was supposed to be a launch title to show off what the ps4 could do, but with that said it still was a brilliant game.
    And i wish Ready At Dawn take from what WE the consumers said were wrong and make it better for when the sequel eventually comes out, because we all know there will be another one.
    Do i think this game is worth the asking price? Yes, because you will play a game with a different kind of story, some amazing characters, and beautiful visuals and fun gameplay. Just be patient to go through the long cut scenes, even though they normally keep you intrigued the whole time. The second play through might not.
  74. Feb 26, 2015
    The Order: 1886 a misunderstood game, not for everyone,.

+Story
    +Graphics ( obviously )
    +Unique Weapons
    +OST
    +Victorian Era

-Not much replay value...
  75. Feb 24, 2015
    How has this rated lower than games like Infamous Second Son and Watch Dogs not only by critics but (more importantly) users is absolutely beyond me.

The game is not perfect true, Yes it is short in length, yes there are alot of cut scenes and no its not the most original of games in terms of game play but ..... 1.The graphics are the best I have ever seen on any given console

1.The graphics are the best I have ever seen on any given console (seriously).
    2. The voice acting is unfaultable
    3. The story and the acting is (unlike what most are saying) actually pretty damn interesting and you will want to see it through until the end.
    4. London looks amazing and it really does have the feel of a late 19th centry city with a futuristic feel.
    5. The game has a balance of how much story and action it throws at you which for me at least, was very refreshing.

Now number 5 is probably what's got this game the low scores, too many people wanting to jump straight in and shoot anything that moves from start to end and that fine, but people should respect this game for pacing it different to the typical shooter and focusing equally on story.

Is the game perfect? No, but everyone (just as in Destiny) was expecting something mind blowing and this game delivered that in graphics alone but it should not be punished for its high expectation in every aspect that the public had, that does not make it a bad game!

This is a beautiful game which if you have the attention span which is longer than that of a gun-ho "kill everything every second" pre teen should invest in, especially if you value a decent story.

8/ 10 and certainly a heck of alot better than what many of the new gen mediocre games so far have brought us.
  76. Feb 25, 2015
    Played through twice, and this game is squarely in the 8-9 range. Graphics. presentation, gunplay & cover mechanics are all fantastic! The characters are all voiced and acted superbly and are fully realized. Really, really good game. I can't believe the hate this game is getting...it's quite absurd.
  77. Feb 25, 2015
    The Order is a fun game with an interesting story. Unfortunately it's pretty short and has zero replay value which makes it a tough suggestion for a $60-70 purchase. It's set a great foundation for a potential series to grow off of. Kind of reminded me of the first Gears of War but would have benefited from the coop and multiplayer additions that game provided. In a way, I applaud theThe Order is a fun game with an interesting story. Unfortunately it's pretty short and has zero replay value which makes it a tough suggestion for a $60-70 purchase. It's set a great foundation for a potential series to grow off of. Kind of reminded me of the first Gears of War but would have benefited from the coop and multiplayer additions that game provided. In a way, I applaud the developers for not tacking on a crap multiplayer game (I'm looking at you tomb raider), but after all is said and done its linear nature (even the trophy list is almost too easily achievable) is a detriment. Definitely worth a play through, just wait for a price drop. Expand
  78. Feb 24, 2015
    This game was an awesome for me. Some critics fedup...Some games are too long for you,some are too short. You critic the just for critic,nothing more...
  79. Feb 25, 2015
    I was hesitant on buying this game after reading many reviews on this sight and others. After some thought I decided to give it a try. I am very glad I went against the cynical reviews. This game looks amazing! I don't think I have ever seen a video game look so good before in my life. The combat is very fun and tense. The story and characters are very easy to like and the atmosphere feelsI was hesitant on buying this game after reading many reviews on this sight and others. After some thought I decided to give it a try. I am very glad I went against the cynical reviews. This game looks amazing! I don't think I have ever seen a video game look so good before in my life. The combat is very fun and tense. The story and characters are very easy to like and the atmosphere feels so "right". That all being said I do have one small complaint. The trophies are WAY too easy to accomplish. If you want the easiest Platinum trophy buy this game! There are 22 trophies in total, all are easier to get than the last. Overall I'd say this is an amazing game and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a story-driven steampunk shooter. Expand
  80. Feb 26, 2015
    You deleted my review again. If you delete it again i will eat you for my dinner. I am tired to write this review 3 time so quick overview: 10/10 i like story, and i like this game because i am too lazy for playing games like this
  81. Feb 26, 2015
    This is the best game I have ever played, I love The Last of Us but this takes the cake, it's story is simply awesome, the shooting is very satisfying and the characters are unique.I hope it gets a sequel because this game is the best for me.
  82. Feb 24, 2015
    The Order 1886 is like a Telltale game without the option of changing the plot, I mean, there are more cutscenes than gameplay. However, the outstanding graphics and the gripping history make this a good game.
  83. Feb 24, 2015
    I'm sorry to all the haters, but I've been enjoying the hell out of this game. I think the biggest problem is the unrealistic expectations that people place on games nowadays. This isn't a first-person shooter, it isn't an expansive open-world game, it isn't a side-scroller. If you only like some other type of game, you won't enjoy this.

What is is is a beautiful interactive story

What is is is a beautiful interactive story that is deserving of some praise. Can't wait for the next title in this franchise.
  84. Feb 24, 2015
    The Order 1886 ended up being one of the best games I have played in a long time. Even though the combat is what you would expect, the game is unique in the fact that it is more of a movie in which you act out the action sequences. The all the characters are surprisingly deep and the story is engrossing. Once it ended I only wanted more. This will become a great new franchise for PS4The Order 1886 ended up being one of the best games I have played in a long time. Even though the combat is what you would expect, the game is unique in the fact that it is more of a movie in which you act out the action sequences. The all the characters are surprisingly deep and the story is engrossing. Once it ended I only wanted more. This will become a great new franchise for PS4 players!

Highly Recommend!
  85. Feb 24, 2015
    Lot of people have giving bad score to this game and the only thing I can think is they are just fan boys that want every game be like halo or call of duty full of action. This game is very good great graphic and environment. When is action is very good and challenging if you play it on hard mode. Overall this game get me the same felling when I play resident evil 4.
  86. Feb 24, 2015
    Listen, if you want an open world, over the top shoot em up action with 16 hours of gameplay, look somewhere else. If you are looking for something completely unique and a game to really satisfy your craving for a beautiful game with good gameplay and a pretty cool story......this is a solid choice. The characters are interesting and the premise is a good. The graphics are unreal andListen, if you want an open world, over the top shoot em up action with 16 hours of gameplay, look somewhere else. If you are looking for something completely unique and a game to really satisfy your craving for a beautiful game with good gameplay and a pretty cool story......this is a solid choice. The characters are interesting and the premise is a good. The graphics are unreal and anybody that says anything else are on crack or are completely bias. 10/10 for sure....but only because I like this sort of stuff....not everybody will buy in. Expand
  87. Feb 25, 2015
    Kinda glad this bombed review wise, because it set my expectations very low. When I played it? Wow. Absolutely breathtaking in terms of artistic craft and narrative. I would put this just behind Shadow of Mordor and DA:I as my third favourite game this gen. Fantastic stuff.
  88. Feb 25, 2015
    Way better than the evil within. Feels a lot like Gears of War but with better weapons and is aimed toward adults instead of frat boys. The story is great! and the graphics alone make this game worth the buy. The game seemed slow to me at first and after reading a few reviews I began to worry that I jumped the gun. But then I kept playing. The games story and gameplay pick up tremendouslyWay better than the evil within. Feels a lot like Gears of War but with better weapons and is aimed toward adults instead of frat boys. The story is great! and the graphics alone make this game worth the buy. The game seemed slow to me at first and after reading a few reviews I began to worry that I jumped the gun. But then I kept playing. The games story and gameplay pick up tremendously after chapter 7 and take you for an emotional and action packed journey with great character design and plot twists you wont see coming. Play the game. Play the game. Play the game. Expand
  89. Feb 25, 2015
    I absolutely love this game. For me, the most amazing game I've played in the generation of console systems. Bad reviews are hurting the game based probably on the "hype" created before around it. It's clear that it's not an actual FPS, full of online features and to spend thousend of hours playing to get your character level up, is more old fashioned style. For the players who love theI absolutely love this game. For me, the most amazing game I've played in the generation of console systems. Bad reviews are hurting the game based probably on the "hype" created before around it. It's clear that it's not an actual FPS, full of online features and to spend thousend of hours playing to get your character level up, is more old fashioned style. For the players who love the plot of the history and the Cinema-style-scenes is a masterpiece. Great atmosphere, fantastic graphics and remarkable voice work. Expand
  90. Feb 26, 2015
    I recommend this game to everyone who prefer storytelling games.
    Amazing atmosphere, amazing graphics and soundtrack! The characters are great and the story is breathtaking, especially in the second part of the game.
  91. Feb 26, 2015
    Can't say I understand the reason for negative reviews. Has gaming become all about open world, minecraft hyped, multiplayer type of products?

I think its unfair to compare this game with the above and expect things you wont ever get from a title like that. The Order offers an immersive experience, stunning artwork, atmosphaire and visuals. Its a cinematic experience with solid gameplay. I cant believe a part of us is not amazed by how immersive and smooth the whole story runs, but since i was a little kid i dreamt of a game where you cant tell when you re in a cutscene or controlling the character. NO GAME HAS DONE THAT till now. So kudos for that developers. Only downside is that i was thirsty for more, it kind felt like a lord of the rings movie that the end is a bit sudden and then you wait 1-2 years for the sequel... Let it be it.. I m gonna wait!
  92. Feb 26, 2015
    Absolutely love this game. It wasnt made to be a sandbox type of game nor have tons of game action.The story line is amazing and the graphics are beautiful. I actually really enjoyed the QTE's.
  93. Feb 26, 2015
  94. Feb 26, 2015
    Just finished The Order 1886, and I thought it was an awesome game just a little too short (7-8hrs). It's definitely not a game for non-stop action junkies or open-world filler content junkies, it's an interactive cinematic with QTEs and third-person cover based shooting/stealth elements. It does what it was made to do very well, the atmosphere and technical aspects of this game areJust finished The Order 1886, and I thought it was an awesome game just a little too short (7-8hrs). It's definitely not a game for non-stop action junkies or open-world filler content junkies, it's an interactive cinematic with QTEs and third-person cover based shooting/stealth elements. It does what it was made to do very well, the atmosphere and technical aspects of this game are flawless and top-tier (zero bugs to boot).Considering it's the first in what I presume will be a series of great games it has set the stage wonderfully in my opinion. If you love cinematic gaming experiences you'll love this game. Expand
  95. Feb 25, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Order 1866 is a lot like a Gears of War, but it has the tunnel vision that Final Fantasy 13 brought to that franchise. Now I know I may not sound like I am reflecting the score, but keep in mind there is more to read. The game has an excellent presentation, Solid to Ok gameplay mechanics, and a lot of empty. I will focus on the Good, Ok, and the bad in that order.

The presentation is pretty much mind blowing, and I own a ultra high end PC, Xbox1, PS4, etc gaming system I have it. However, the visuals, audio, and just atmosphere in this game is just excellent. I like the lore and due to the way it is presented this game is aching for a 2nd and or maybe even a third game. A lot of the times there will be a beautiful cutscene and the game will pan out to a gameplay moment and I am sitting there waiting for something to happen, as I can not believe that this game is actually in real time. The cutscenes are great, but what makes them truly special is the acting which is on par with some of the best movies. The visuals and sound leaving nothing to be desired its just that good.

Gameplay is where the game starts to drag not because they don't work well or are sloppy, but because utilization is not as deep as it could have been. The shooting feels as good or better then any cover shooter, the cover system is the best I've ever used. However, all enemies are funneled to their death and its just not enough or lacks any variation. The QTE are not all over the place as some had me believe, but rather minimalistic and appear in appropriate moments. I wish there was a hand to hand combat, and especially during spoiler**** when you face one of the lycans in the hospital**** I wish it had some sort of Batman Arkhan style combat system. Oh well its not bad just wish there was more and maybe more of a variation.

Now my biggest gripe with the game it reminds me of the old school RE games on PlayStation one in a not good way. See the visuals are breath taking, and the environments are amazing; however, everything around you is dead... no pun intended. I mean Its all for show you do nothing with it, and when there is a interaction or collectible there is no notification that this is something special you found. The level of detail is sickening, and my biggest wish for this game is Sony allows Ready At Dawn to add some more menus and maybe a inventory system.

I take two steps in the right direction and one back, but overall I have had great fun with it and is an excellent show piece of what current gen systems are capable visually. I hope that on the next games my issues with lack of quantity or variety in gameplay is addressed, and just maybe add a notification system when I find a cool item. This is a solid game and great entertainment and I will defiantly revisit it if any DLC or sequels are announced.
  96. Feb 23, 2015
    It seriously took me a while but most of the red reviews are written by individuals who haven't played the game plain and simple. I have played through it and received the platinum trophy. Yes it didn't take too long, just a few days of slow enjoyment of everything it had to offer especially the gameplay and trophies. Sweet story, amazing gamplay, and the graphics are of course unmatched.
  97. Feb 25, 2015
    This game is one hell of a ride. The gunplay feels great, the atmosphere is superb, the story is interesting, I liked the characters and graphics are outstanding. It took me about 11 hours to beat so I`m fine with it. It has some flaws concerning gameplay but there are no real dealbreakers.
  98. Feb 24, 2015
    The Order 1886 is my guilty pleasure. You either love it or hate its guts.

I sometimes like to just sit back and put down the controller for a minute and get immersed and immersion is what The Order does extremely well. I like movies and I enjoyed the **** out of this game. The plot itself was great and it had some interesting twists that cought me off guard but what hooked me was the
    The Order 1886 is my guilty pleasure. You either love it or hate its guts.

I like movies and I enjoyed the **** out of this game. The plot itself was great and it had some interesting twists that cought me off guard but what hooked me was the characters and the way they're voiced - it really brought them to life along with the best lip/mustache animations I have ever seen (up there with L.A. Noir).

As to the gameplay - it just plays really good. I know that the game is really cutscene-heavy but the firefights in it are really solid and challenging on a harder difficulty. The cover system is just like any other and it feels super fluid. There is a variety of guns 4 pistols, 2 assault rifles, 2 shotguns, grenade launcher, arc gun (electrical gun that splits people), and a gun that sprays fuel or powder on the bad guys and then lights them on fire... I've never seen a gun that requires you to use fire and alt-fire for it to work, cool stuff and all of those guns feel different and satisfying. Did I mention the sound effects... I'd imagine it would hurt if I was shot with that 3-barrel shotgun, the guns really pack a punch.

I don't know what people were expecting but the game was advertised to be very cinematic, with heavy narrative and focus on characters. And in the end that's exactly what it was and a very good one at that.

I respect Ready at Dawn for taking the risk of creating a game that doesn't cater to everyone.
  99. Feb 25, 2015
    I am enjoying my time with the game... the QTEs could have been less... somethings like opening doors etc seem like QTEs because you get a prompt, but are actually regular actions activated by the action button.
  100. Feb 24, 2015
    Alien isolation was the first game that stopped me reading some commercial reviews!
    The order 1886 is the best game I have ever played, and now I will never read commercial reviews again
    I will now only read user reviews!
    Think for yourselves
    This game is best enjoyed with no expectations

1. Feb 26, 2015
    As a story, it’s all deeply unsatisfying. And that’s a real shame, because a cogent narrative could have papered over some more of The Order’s cracks. As it is, that job is left to visual splendour, decent shooting and a marvellous, if squandered, setting. And, while it lasts, The Order is a game that entertains almost as much as it frustrates. But not quite enough to shake the feeling of a wasted opportunity.
  2. Feb 26, 2015
    The "original sin" of The Order: 1886 is that it never manages to open up and share its wonderful world with the player.
  3. Feb 26, 2015
    You get two for one price: a boring movie and a poorly-designed game.