6.4

1. Feb 25, 2014
    So awesine, reminds me of Dishonored i love the stealth gameplay in this game thank you Square Enix * Eidos Montreal!!!! cant wait for a Thief 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Feb 25, 2014
    Great stealth game, a few things are wrong like audio bugs. But seriously if you play this in hardcore and ghost mode you will have serious fun. A must buy on PS4 and PC.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    So Thief has arrived and I've read many reviews that just punish this game, for many reasons. The first reason I'd like to dismiss is the one where THIEF is just trying to be DISHONORED. There would be no Dishonored without Thief. I loved Dishonored by the way. I'm probably 3 hours into Thief, I bought it day 1 digital, before the reviews came out. While it does borrow from Dishonored mildly it's still a Thief game. I'm have so much fun. It's a really amazing stealth game. You do feel like a Thief. Complaints about the world being confined or claustrophobic, I just don't get. The world has a very distinct feel and flow and I like it. It's moody and beautiful. It's dark. I love it. I love stumbling upon someones' place and looting it. It's very satisfying. The A.I. is not as bad as the reviews say. At least not for me. I think the harder the difficulty level, the smarter the enemies are. As for traversing the world I have yet to fall from anything without it being my fault. My biggest complaint so far with the whole game is the clumsy use of the ps4 touch pad to access my inventory. It's maddening sometimes. You try and select something to use and it becomes a motor skills mini game they never intended. Anyway. If you like stealth games, give it a try. It's pretty damn great. I should address the combat. You should never get into a fight in thief. You are weak and more than one guy will off you. It's not meant to be that game. It's a stealth game. Could of used more polish for sure. But not as bad as they say. If you were excited for this game, give it a shot. I'm sure glad that I did. Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    Thief is truly an excellent game for excellent people. Foreboding atmosphere, superbly controls, complex gameplay systems, intricate graphics, exceptional storytelling, etc. Eidos Montreal have proven once again that their team has the chops to reboot a classic franchise after the incredible Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Thief is a Thief game for fans of the older titles. While some things have changed, 99% of it remains the same but better than ever. 10/10, well deserved! Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2014
    What a great way to revisit the old Thief franchise, I am having a total blast with this game. I turned off the options that help lead the player through the game by the nose (by highlighting every treasure or interactive item) and am really sitting down to take my time and inch my way through, making sure I get every coin on the street. The game shines for me when I slip those lockpicks back into my sleeves, crack that door open to a new room, and start picking it apart for bits of treasure. The story is alright so far, if I have any complaints it is that the maps are sometimes restrictive in making the player stick to the rails - something that drove me crazy about the Bioshocks. The environments are a little more free here at least, and certainly more rewarding to explore.

I'm hoping for some expansion into multiplayer maps (coop or competitive - thieves competing to get the highest total, thieves vs guards, etc?). I'm damn glad that this has finally been released, and I really think it has been worth the wait. The grandfather of stealth games might not have revolutionized the genre here, but it has definitely made one of the most solid entries.

I am running the PC version, and it's too bad that I don't have a PS4 controller to play around with the vibration feedback, that sounds like a great feature. Steam kind of screwed me over with an extra 40 minutes of downloading before I could start playing even though I finished my preload the night before release, but neither of those things are problems of the game itself. Once the post preload finished, I got straight in and had no problems at all.
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    Whats going on how is this a bad game its very exciting to me it has to be the best game out there for next gen for now. i don't really see much wrong in the game i though they nailed it.
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Let me start out by saying I am completely impartial to anyone else's opinions and my review is my own perception of this game.

I played the original thief as a young teen and wasn't capable of completing it or completely understanding the game. What i do remember is it was a hard, dark, and a fun game. The new reboot is exactly that. For one, Square Enix does an excellent job of
    bringing you back into previous worlds from past games. Garret feels like he belongs in this world. He is at home, and it feels and plays like the first one. They also did great at making Agent 47 fit perfectly in the newest Hitman reboot rather similarly. The controls take a minute to get used to, but they work well for this game. The hardest difficulty is pretty decently hard and enemies are pretty smart. They will look for you if they find open doors or cabinets that were left closed. I would recommend disabling most of the hints, item shimmers and waypoints to make the game ore immersive and fun. The sneaking in the dark is alot like the first Splinter Cell, with a dark meter bubble. It shows if you are hidden or not, and the controller lights up brightly when u are in the light. All the things are present from the first as i can tell, water arrows, etc. Im only in chapter 2 but it seems this game will be very very long, which is what i really need in a game. I restarted the first chapter twice looking for all the loot and only got 66% of it. Total about 15 of 350 treasures i have collected. A somewhat slow paced, adult game that requires patience. Something other reviewers are not use to. Some people have dismissed this game already because of the voice actor is different from the rest of the games in the series, but i think the voice acting is pretty good. This game makes you feel like a true thief. Lock-picking and safe cracking are spot on. Ive been waiting for a game like this for a while. I usually beat games pretty fast but this will keep me busy for a while. Many different ways to complete the missions, but the game does seem a bit more linear than the rest. The only thing i don't like about this game is the frame rate drops below 20 sometimes on PS4 which im sure will be fixed in future updates. All in all a solid game which doesn't deserve some of the flak it has received. It is defiantly worth buying to have it before your friends :] hope this helps. Expand
  8. Mar 2, 2014
    Basically this is exactly what i wanted in a new Thief game, a stealth game isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you liked the previous iterations you will enjoy the sneaking in this game!
  9. Feb 27, 2014
    I honestly cannot believe the low scores that this game is getting. I've played through roughly 4 of the 8 chapters so far, and all I can say is that this game is lots of fun, giving you plenty of ways to play each chapter. Sure, one of the big complaints is that the combat mechanics are clunky, but noooooo **** This IS NOT BATMAN, or assassins creed, or any other type of combat game. Even so, the combat is decent enough, with upgrades that help you along the way. This game revolves around figuring out the BEST way to complete a chapter, based on your personal preference. Wanna knock everybody out? Go ahead. Wanna sneak by everybody unnoticed? Go ahead. Wanna combine the two? GO RIGHT AHEAD. These idiots giving this game a 1, or even worse, a zero? In all honesty, they are mentally incapable of writing a decent review. I'm going to rate it a perfect 10 just to help bring up some of these poor reviews. In all honesty, with 20 years of solid gaming experience, I'd rate it an eight and a half. These missions are well thought out by the design team, giving you suspense, action, and some reallly great stealth opportunities. **** the haters, honestly. People these days are so inclined to search for some crazy, shoot-em up gameplay that they can't truly appreciate a good game. Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2014
    Really?? A 0, 1 for a score? I have started the game and it is really fun. I guess this is because I did not play the other games, but the game plays well, controls well. The only framerate issues that I could see were during some of the cutscenes and load times after being discovered could be improved but overall the developers did a great job with this game. Ignore the negative reviews and get this game! You won't be disappointed! Expand
  11. Feb 28, 2014
    Thief has been around a long time. The first game came out in 1998 I believe and it is an iconic game in the industry and inspired lots of other stealth games. Each new game in the franchise has had heavy expectations placed on it. Most Thief games since then have had a mixed reception. There are those who expect each new game to be exactly like the original. And there are others who want Thief to be more of an action game. Then there are those that have always understood what Thief is about and enjoy it for what it is: a damn good pure stealth series.

The new Thief is no exception. Nothing has given me the sense of skulking about in the shadows and having to use stealth in order to survive better than Thief has. This isn't an action/stealth hybrid like Dishonored or Splinter Cell that you can go in guns blazing and cut down half a dozen guards in a short amount of time. In Thief you have to remain undetected or face the consequences.

At first I was disappointed by the fact you can't use the rope arrow on any wood surface as before and can only attach to specially highlighted beams. But the game makes up for it in other ways. The new swoop ability is pure awesomeness. It gives a fluidity and speed to the game while still feeling stealthy and appropriate.

The graphics are quite good, with some of the best lighting and shadows I have ever seen in a game. The world itself is quite dreary and that may turn off some people, but it has character and a strange charm of its own.

The sound could be a little more atmospheric in my opinion, but it is generally still generally good. The voice acting is very good in the case of Garrett and fairly good in the case of most of the other characters. Garrett is such an intriguing character.

All in all I think Thief carries the stealth torch admirably, and probably better than any other modern "stealth" game. I've enjoyed it a lot and if you like stealth I am sure you will enjoy it too.
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    If you are an Assassins Creed fan YOU WILL LOVE THIS GAME !!! I love it !!! the history, the sounds, grapfhics are very good !!! Eidos Montreal..... tomb raider, thief.... I love your games........
  13. Feb 27, 2014
    This game is 10 worthy no question. The only problem i have had is getting around the map and finding side quests, but that will just take a bit of getting used to. I personally don't mind the voice acting at all, the story was good, gameplay fantastic. there were many great customization options, and overall, it was a great game
  14. Feb 28, 2014
    Every once in a while a game comes along that is hard to accurately review for everyone.
    Do I review the quality of the game towards casual gamers? Or towards people who understand and are fans of stealth?
    Because depending on who you're speaking to, the review score will be wildly different.
    Those who never understood stealth games and insisted on playing them as shooters or fighters,
    when the true intent of the design is to AVOID combat, those overly aggressive types will find this terrible.
    Combat is only passable and you are not an assassin. More than one guy on you, you might as well accept death.
    Top it off with the old gen animations and speech (bad acting, overly repeated lines from random AI) and a rather dreary city, it starts off with a bad impression.
    While the buildings are fine enough in detail, the city lacks personality and feels like a series of generic rooms ultimately.

That's the bad stuff.

Now I'll let it be known I'm a big fan of stealth play in old Thief, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell. I'm the kind of guy that, despite them giving you more than enough weapons for a massacre in Splinter Cell, I like playing completely undetected and killing no one (if I'm good enough, usually I do have to knock out one or two).
    And as a stealth fan, playing my PS4 version, I love Thief. The level's furniture and guards may be generic, but the layout of the levels towards your goals is excellent if you play to be a true thief.
    And being a true thief is the key here. I've seen many professional reviews complaining about the focus feature and the highlighting where to go in any given room or even Garret himself telling you what to do.
    And it's true, all of those would be legitimate complaints except for one thing. It can ALL be turned off. The fact there's an individual option to turn on or off Garret's voice impressed me, someone thinking to add that. (I went with off, let me use my brain and not be told answers)

For me, I'm going to judge this game by the merits for a stealth fan with proper settings.
    By proper, I mean turning off everything except your mission marker.
    And with that clean screen, your goal is to pick the pockets and steal the valuables....and no fighting.
    Try going through the game without killing or knocking out anyone and being a true sneak. Then you will see the genius in the control and level layout.
    And instead of ridiculing Square for making a game with added enhancements and hand holding to make it easier on casual gamers, I commend them for it. They made a game with every individual item can be turned off or on, so you can tailor make it towards your skill level. Being all inclusive while adaptive should be the goal of all games.
    When played correctly and understanding and enjoying the slower, deliberate stalking nature of this style of game, this may have an older type feel to the build, but it's a top quality older type.
    It's fair to say it's rough around the edges on a technical level, but nothing that effects gameplay. My PS4 version has not stuttered, had no pop up and surprisingly, I saw no glitches.
    Even Ghosts, Battlefield, and AC4 on PS4 had their occasional glitch. Despite it's aged designed, within those confines it is polished.
    The levels offer tons of hidden treasures and replayability and some of the best levels (in the way of how creative or bold you need to be to remain undetected) I've seen in years. And I play so many games a year, I likely rival a pro game reviewer.
    But the difference between me and a pro reviewer? I'm playing for the love of it, not as a job.

This is one of those games I see getting overly harsh reviews from people who sound like they don't understand this type of game. So here I am, I only posted this to help speak to the true stealth fan trying to figure out if the game is worth it for them. And that answer is yes.
    It's not that those lower scores aren't legitimate. Simply not accurate to people like me who might skip out on a great game because of people who come at a game from a different perspective than stealth fans.
    In the end, I'm giving points towards my personal experience. And I think those points are accurate for those older gamers who've been around and played all the stealth types and are fans of that style. Old stealth fans can safely buy this, knowing they'll get their money's worth. It's a long game even without replaying.
    As for the kids new to these style of games? That's tough to say. I'm not sure how critical they'll be of the animations or if they'll have patience for this style. For them I'm going to knock down the points to about a 6 and say rent.
    And those who treat every game as if it were Call Of Duty and try to barrel through things, yeah, this is 1 or 2 point game for you. Just move on, this game wasn't meant for you.
  15. Feb 27, 2014
    I originally rated this game a 4, and compared it to Godfather III. I may have been to hasty. Indeed, the first couple of missions were clunky and did not showcase the game very well. And there are many problems with movement, such as the intermittent availability of the jump command, and periodic crashes, but still, I am now impressed by the vast detailed areas of the city that you can roam around in. I find myself playing for several hours a day, and that should speak for itself. I guess the trick is to keep playing longer than 2 hours- eventually you will discover it's charms. I still wish they used the old voice actor for Garrett. However, If you are like me, you are going to buy this despite the large amount of bad reviews. I now think it was worth it. BTW- unlike others on this post I think it is valid to compare any game of a series to it's previous titles. If they didn't want you to compare it to the previous titles they should have named it something different. While it breaks somewhat with the spirit of the prior 3 games, it is still worthy enough to call itself Thief. Expand
  16. Mar 2, 2014
    Ahora que ya he jugado un buen número de horas me atrevo a decir que Thief es un fantástico juego de sigilo, que estoy disfrutando mucho.
    Las notas negativas de algunos análisis, como la publicada en Meristation, me estaban haciendo dudar si comprar el juego o no. Me alegro de haber ignorado las rewiews negativas y haberlo adquirido.
    Si te ha gustado Dishonored este Thief también te
    gustará. Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    Personally, I loved this game. The stealth aspects of it, the mechanics, and I didn't see any of the so-called bugs. I had a fun, enjoyable time playing this game. It had a good story, a solid play style, and, in the end, I felt as though there was complete closure on the story with all questions answered. From the beginning mission to the final encounter, it was a non-stop, stealth packed, fun time on my part. Expand
  18. Feb 27, 2014
    Thief is in my opinion a reboot, of an amazing franchise, done the best way possible. It might not have the richest story of the Thief games, but the gameplay is in many ways flawless. The ai acts the way you would expect in a stealth game, but the variety of enemy design may for some lack a bit. The traps in the game are cleverly placed, stopping the playing from rushing through the game, and forces you to stay aware. The shadows play, like in the other Thief games, a big role, and how you use them will determine your success, or at least how you succeed. The game features great HUD customization, that lets you tweak every detail. The graphics options are fairly extensive and features pretty much all the necessary features. the games has 3 preset difficulties, but for the hardcore player, it won't be much of a challenge. But Thief features customizable difficulty options. These options will make the game harder to play, and for every feature you remove, the game will award you with points, that can be compare to other players on a global leaderboard.
    Sadly the game does feature some minor bugs that, for the most part, will force you to restart the game.

All in all a great game, that deserves a 9/10
  19. Mar 7, 2014
    Where can i start, the graphics for a console are amazing the fog, smoke, fire, rain, mud, and lighting effects are awe-inspiring and are expertly done. the controls are extremely intuitive and responsive. you have a range of abilities/perks and combat actions. a range of books/papers to find and read through, collectibles to umm...collect. plenty of side quests alongside the obvious main campaign. The cutscenes are wonderfully crafted and really inspire you to go about in the game and look through every nook and cranny. The game is set in a sort ye olde mid 1800's desolate setting of london, with disease and rats, and a powerful, vile baron ruling over the "lower" people. The game is just so much fun and dynamic, but however is does feel now and then to be a little constrictive in it's level design, with a confusing map and frequent but quick loading times. I do find it quite annoying that you can't actually hide enemies in lockers that you yourself can hide in. arrows don't do a great deal, you have these blunt arrows and all they do it turn off switches which you find very few situations that you have to do that. i would want where the water arrow blinds/disorientates your enemies etc. The atmosphere is creates is astounding, and the world it wraps you is undeniable. I've had a fantastic time with game, a stunning piece of dynamic artwork. people nowadays hate change, but if certain forms of media like games and music stayed the same and went stagnant, people will still complain and say its just another rehash or a copy and paste job. I still think this game is amazing and for me personally well worth the lolly spent on it. Expand
  20. Feb 27, 2014
    Just amazing, if you are a true fan of stealth games this game is a must. The story is weak, some bugs but overall its an fantastic game. Going around stealing stuff is so addictive, cant stop playing!!
  21. Feb 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is really good,on moments and bad. The good things are the graphics,animations,levels,the effects,the many things that can loot,and the combination of every single Thief game into this one. The bad things are the story(it is not so interesting),there are some bugs(1 major in the sound,some bugs in the A.I.). Overall it is really good. I like and the soundtrack - it is awesome(on some moments the tracks can be used for the next Amnesia game,more of those tracks can be heard on the Chapter 5: The Forsaken, where you need to search for documents in haunted asylum,which looks like the one from Outlast). Still,this game is really good,and after some patching it will be even better. I recommend it to most of the Stealth fans. Still,if you are hardcore Thief fan, you will not think so positive about this game. Expand
  22. Feb 28, 2014
    I don't play old thief, but new thief make me happy, i like stealth and this game not bad! I was play 11 our and i want play again and again! This game have good engine, good graphic and interesting story!
  23. Mar 2, 2014
    I have spent countless days playing the original thief games and am an old school diehard fan of the franchise. To say I was excited about this game is an understatement...until the reviews started hitting the web the day before my pre order was ready to pick up. It looked like the negatives outweighed the positives. But regardless, release day came and I trucked my happy butt to GameStop and picked up my copy with mixed feelings. I got home, dimmed the lights and immersed myself with an open mind. Now, 12 hours in I can safely say this game is intoxicating. The mood, the sounds, the gameplay take me back to the dark project days, with some really cool new features. I'm not saying it's perfect, but good god is it ever fun sneaking around the streets of "The City". This game actually far exceeded my expectations. FUN, MOODY and just flat out AWESOME. If you liked the original games, or a newbie to the series but a fan of stealth games, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of Thief. Now, I'm heading back to the shadows... Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2014
    This game is perfect if you enjoyed the old Thief games. Roam the city as you please between missions and to get to mission objectives. Everything seems, not seamless, but seam-minimalistic. The combat is fun and visceral when you get the hang of it, and there's lots of room for exploration and side-quests. The art style and design of Garret is quite different from the old games, and I like the old style better, but the mechanics, story and gameplay really make this game nostalgic to Original Thief fans. Expand
  25. Mar 10, 2014
    now i going to be straight and simple pros:optimized graphics!,ending,music,sounds,gameplay,garett cons:graphics engine old,story is weak all about ERIN,where is the story related thieving?,monsters? really? it was irritating pile of ****. old-gen version have too much downgrade! there is much unreal engine 3 games out there have better grapchics on xbox360 and ps3 than thief (old-gen version) Expand
  26. Mar 7, 2014
    People who slam this game for having bad AI, weird movement, ridonculous story and monotonous graphics are praising the old "Thief" games and claiming a pillaging of the series? That's rich. You guys have obviously played some different kind of "Thief"-series than I have and I played the bajeezus out of them.

Have you forgotten? Standing in front of crates making weird squatlike
    movements and cursing, while you try to jump on top of it? Have you forgotten trying to navigate a narrow pathway over a gap and how you thanked the Lord for the quicksave function? Guards who would ignore open doors and stare at walls for days? The repetitive textures? The twitchy combat? And the story? Have you forgotten all the unexpected "twists"? Oh no, the good guy was the bad guy all along, how could I have trusted him? C'mon now. Those games were flawed, in some ways even flatout bad. And they were fun as hell.

Because there will never be a perfect game. It's not about that. It's about the fun you have while playing them. So, is the new "Thief" even remotly close to perfect? Hell, noes. Is it fun? Well, that depends. In the opinion of this veteran master thief-ninja: yes, it is, though you have to allow yourself to enjoy it.

For once, I personally like the atmosphere it creates. There is a plague on the streets, so the streets are empty and so are the homes. People are dying left, right and center to a "mysterious" sickness and nobody really gives a poop. Dead bodies on meathooks in an old fabric? Hell yeah, count me in! Blade Runner-esque feeling of claustrophobia induced by the city, but in spa..some fake Middle Ages? Pour it on, baby! Old evil mixed with personal traumas for some rather cheap storytelling? Daddy looooves him some daily soap sometimes!

Which brings us to "new Garret". He is a cool dude, I guess. Very reserved, very introvert. Some call him bland. I call it "logical behavior, if you are a guy who shouldn't and doesn't trust anyone", but you know, whatever. Not the brightest lad, but good at what he does. And what does he do?

Stealing. Lots and lots of it. There is a lot of loot. Why don't people keep their stuff together? Would be much easier this way, but then I wouldn't get this nice feeling that I get, when I find an impossible-to-find secret room with just the piece of loot that is missing from my collection. It's warm and fuzzy btw.

The process of pickpocketing is nicely executed, the lockpicking is done well enough so that it doesn't become aggravating (lots of lockpicking in this one, I tells ya) and creates some tense moments. Guards are smart enough to relight fires and notice open doors, which is a clear progress since times long gone. And guys, remember, it's Garrett. The whole point of the character is that he is able to sit in the shadows right under someones nose without being noticed. It's his "gift". So a little less whining and a little more suspension of disbelief and all is fine. Also, it kinda worked the same way in the old series.

Movement is nice and smooth and feels "modern" for better or worse. There were two issues though, that I have to point out. First, Garretts sudden fear of heights sometimes robs him of his ability to jump down ledges. Kinda annoying. And second, the whole "peek in a comical fashion around the corner" thingy still doesn't feel necessary. And third, walking slowly while ducked is weird. Really weird. And forth...ah, who am I kidding there are several issues with the movement, but overall it left a positive impression on me.

Music behaves inappropriately sometimes, but there is an option to turn that sucker off and (if you are a leet hackz0r like me) to listen to your own in the background. For me it's Bob Marley since the dark ages. Get it? Dark Ages! Yeah, moving on.

Ambient sound overall is mediocre, but far from the train wreck that some reviews suggest.

Combat seems to be lacking, but I wouldn't know, since I never play combat.

Replay value is pretty big. Crank up the difficulty, turn all helpers off, put your favorite anti-frustration medicine right beside you and start having fun.

In conclusion: "Thief" proudly hold the flag of the series and stays true to it's traditions - mainly, of being the only one in it's genre, but also of being very good games with some very big flaws. Overall a solid 7.5/10, but I feel urged to rate it 9 here, just because some "zero"-reviews were clearly written by mindcontrolled apes.
  27. Mar 6, 2014
    I am great fan of the original series and this game is also awesome. I don't know what is the reason of all this hate. I love to just sneak around the city and search for loot. Of course it has some bugs, but for me it is not a big deal. I would advise everyone not to listen to butthurted masses and give this game a shot :) btw i am playing on pc and on master level :)
  28. Mar 20, 2014
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game. The stealth aspects are perfect and the graphics are quite nice. The city is also open for exploration as you complete side quests or head towards the next main mission, but sections are separated by short loading times. If you want to go around smacking people with a sword and just causing havoc, you will not have a good time as this is a proper stealth title. There are offensive arrows and a pretty lame melee/fight mechanic, but you are better off sneaking for the best experience. The story is also pretty interesting all the way through (until the bad ending). A few hiccups here and there such as frame rate drops during cut scenes (strange I know) and a glitch or two. Overall though, its really fun sneaking around and stealing stuff. Not the disaster some are claiming it to be, but nothing too spectacular either. Expand
  29. Mar 7, 2014
    I'm actually really enjoying thief,I haven't finished the game yet but so far I think its brilliant, the audio is pretty much the only thing that I am having issues with. The music is often too loud meaning that you cant hear dialogue, even with it turned down in the settings. Also the NPC's spouting the same drivel every 10 seconds is annoying, almost as if its just looped.
  30. Mar 11, 2014
    Интересная, и затягивающая играю, играю сейчас и наслаждаюсь. Играть по стелсу интересно, а когда что не выходит, можно и разобраться с несколькими охранниками
  31. Mar 6, 2014
    Really fun game, I think a lot of people set their expectations far too high. While their are some issues, not being able to jump I find annoying, its still a very fun game and looks great on a decent PC. Dishonored fans will enjoy. I played the original and while there's been some changes it feels very much a Thief game to me. People need to take off their rose coloured glasses when remembering the original. Expand
  32. Mar 5, 2014
    A worth while stealth game that might not be a "true" thief game, but it still is one of the best stealth games that came out lately. Definitely worth a try, also if you do all the side quests the gameplay is around 22-25 hours, which is definitely positive.
  33. Mar 29, 2014
    One of the best action-stealth titles in years and the first real lived game that actually makes you feel like a real thief yourself. This game has potential to start this year right.

Sasha
  34. May 12, 2014
    Thief was a good game. A very good game. There were lots of incredible elements which had me coming back to the game. From the supernatural scares to the interesting campaign, Thief was a joy. It is worth every penny and is one of the best stealth games I have played in years.
  35. Jun 12, 2014
    Giving a 10 to counter the idiotic 0's some people are giving. 0's are meant for utterly broken and unplayable games. That said, I enjoyed playing Thief but felt it average. give it 6/10 realistically.

1. Mar 26, 2014
    The biggest problem for this game is every stealth game that has come since Thief: the Dark Project. Thief can’t match the visual flair and supernatural powers of Dishonored. It doesn’t have the lean efficiency and murderous creativity of the Hitman series; it trails the razor’s edge stealth and gadget lust of Splinter Cell; it lacks the vision and bombast of the Metal Gear series. Hell, it doesn’t even have a very good thief.
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    The return of the master thief Garrett is a mixed bag. Thief builds on its series proud heritage of tactile stealth, focusing on realism but loses some of the way to modern design trends. Thief has some unnecessary padding that smooth out the gameplay as well as some cinematic ambitions that do not reach all the way. Above all, it is plagued by qualitative valleys that appear to be a result of a stressed launch. Nevertheless, Thief gets a weak recommendation because the basic formula is still fun and somewhat unique.
  3. A nail-biting experience needing a few more coats of polish to stand out. [April 2014, p76]