Thief PlayStation 4

6.2

1. Mar 1, 2014
    One of the best action-stealth titles in years and the first real lived game that actually makes you feel like a real thief yourself. This game has potential to start this year right.

Maki.
  2. Feb 26, 2014
    All in all, Thief is not a bad game. It may have its flaws, but at the end of the day it's fun to play and to be honest I don't see why it got poor reviews aside from the fact that there is too much nostalgia being applied by reviewers who want the new Thief to be like the games from 10+ years ago.

I've never played the old Thief games, so perhaps that's beneficial for me since I have no previous expectation of what the game should be like.

The PS4 graphics look fine. They're not "next gen" but then this is a game that was in development for many years, primarily for PS3 and XBox, so you're not going to see Killzone Shadow Fall type visuals but it's no worse than any other game I've played over the past few years. The next-gen games will come, but it's too early at this point so people should stop expecting it.

Gameplay is fine. It's a stealth game and there's lots of opportunity for sneaking around, and there's a ton of collectibles if you're into trophy hunting that will keep you busy for some time. Combat is weak, but then combat is to be avoided anyway so if you take that approach (the correct approach for this sort of game) then it won't be an issue.

The story is sort of weak, and the voice acting isn't anything to get excited about, but it's a game not a Oscar contender so again I'm not all that bothered. I want to play the game, not watch endless cutscenes. Not every game is going to have the story quality of The Last of Us, that's just a fact.

Is it worth $60? That depends on what sort of game you like. If you like stealth games where sneaking around is the preferred method of gameplay and aren't too bothered by games that lead you from checkpoint to checkpoint (as most do) then you'll probably enjoy it. If you're looking for an open world Thief game along the lines of Red Dead Redemption or GTA then no, you're going to find it restrictive.

But, to me it's a good game. I'm enjoying it and it's fun to play. That's what I want in a game.

PS: I would ignore any reviews that rate this game below a 5, there's absolutely no reason why anyone should rate the game this low, and those that do are not looking at it honestly.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    I have enjoyed this game so far and while it is not a 10 or 9 and if i am honest 8 might be stretching it this game is still solid 7.5-7.9 range. To address some concerns i have heard 1.Load times yes they do occur in the city but from what i have seen they are forewarned before hand and also they can be lengthy but they appear not to as abundant as some have stated 2. frame rate duringI have enjoyed this game so far and while it is not a 10 or 9 and if i am honest 8 might be stretching it this game is still solid 7.5-7.9 range. To address some concerns i have heard 1.Load times yes they do occur in the city but from what i have seen they are forewarned before hand and also they can be lengthy but they appear not to as abundant as some have stated 2. frame rate during gameplay i have found no stutters however during the fmv their is sometimes a noticeable slowing however it could be meant as a misguided attempt for artistic flair 3. Story ok people lets be honest the story in thief games has always been slightly confusing and tied up in some strange socioreligous themes (see the hammers). My opinion if you play thief mainly for the story and not the game play your missing the point :D. all in all i give it a 7.8 if you enjoy stealth game play you will enjoy this game if not this is not for you Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2014
    So Thief has arrived and I've read many reviews that just punish this game, for many reasons. The first reason I'd like to dismiss is the one where THIEF is just trying to be DISHONORED. There would be no Dishonored without Thief. I loved Dishonored by the way. I'm probably 3 hours into Thief, I bought it day 1 digital, before the reviews came out. While it does borrow from DishonoredSo Thief has arrived and I've read many reviews that just punish this game, for many reasons. The first reason I'd like to dismiss is the one where THIEF is just trying to be DISHONORED. There would be no Dishonored without Thief. I loved Dishonored by the way. I'm probably 3 hours into Thief, I bought it day 1 digital, before the reviews came out. While it does borrow from Dishonored mildly it's still a Thief game. I'm have so much fun. It's a really amazing stealth game. You do feel like a Thief. Complaints about the world being confined or claustrophobic, I just don't get. The world has a very distinct feel and flow and I like it. It's moody and beautiful. It's dark. I love it. I love stumbling upon someones' place and looting it. It's very satisfying. The A.I. is not as bad as the reviews say. At least not for me. I think the harder the difficulty level, the smarter the enemies are. As for traversing the world I have yet to fall from anything without it being my fault. My biggest complaint so far with the whole game is the clumsy use of the ps4 touch pad to access my inventory. It's maddening sometimes. You try and select something to use and it becomes a motor skills mini game they never intended. Anyway. If you like stealth games, give it a try. It's pretty damn great. I should address the combat. You should never get into a fight in thief. You are weak and more than one guy will off you. It's not meant to be that game. It's a stealth game. Could of used more polish for sure. But not as bad as they say. If you were excited for this game, give it a shot. I'm sure glad that I did. Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2014
    Great stealth game, a few things are wrong like audio bugs. But seriously if you play this in hardcore and ghost mode you will have serious fun. A must buy on PS4 and PC.
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    What a great way to revisit the old Thief franchise, I am having a total blast with this game. I turned off the options that help lead the player through the game by the nose (by highlighting every treasure or interactive item) and am really sitting down to take my time and inch my way through, making sure I get every coin on the street. The game shines for me when I slip those lockpicksWhat a great way to revisit the old Thief franchise, I am having a total blast with this game. I turned off the options that help lead the player through the game by the nose (by highlighting every treasure or interactive item) and am really sitting down to take my time and inch my way through, making sure I get every coin on the street. The game shines for me when I slip those lockpicks back into my sleeves, crack that door open to a new room, and start picking it apart for bits of treasure. The story is alright so far, if I have any complaints it is that the maps are sometimes restrictive in making the player stick to the rails - something that drove me crazy about the Bioshocks. The environments are a little more free here at least, and certainly more rewarding to explore.

I'm hoping for some expansion into multiplayer maps (coop or competitive - thieves competing to get the highest total, thieves vs guards, etc?). I'm damn glad that this has finally been released, and I really think it has been worth the wait. The grandfather of stealth games might not have revolutionized the genre here, but it has definitely made one of the most solid entries.

I am running the PC version, and it's too bad that I don't have a PS4 controller to play around with the vibration feedback, that sounds like a great feature. Steam kind of screwed me over with an extra 40 minutes of downloading before I could start playing even though I finished my preload the night before release, but neither of those things are problems of the game itself. Once the post preload finished, I got straight in and had no problems at all.
  7. Mar 3, 2014
    I just finished. For me it's one of the best stealth games. Loved the scenes, characters and the story. I don't know why hating this game. Can only be poser player. Nowadays it seems that no one else knows how to enjoy and have fun in a game.
  8. Feb 25, 2014
    So awesine, reminds me of Dishonored i love the stealth gameplay in this game thank you Square Enix * Eidos Montreal!!!! cant wait for a Thief 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    Thief is truly an excellent game for excellent people. Foreboding atmosphere, superbly controls, complex gameplay systems, intricate graphics, exceptional storytelling, etc. Eidos Montreal have proven once again that their team has the chops to reboot a classic franchise after the incredible Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Thief is a Thief game for fans of the older titles. While some thingsThief is truly an excellent game for excellent people. Foreboding atmosphere, superbly controls, complex gameplay systems, intricate graphics, exceptional storytelling, etc. Eidos Montreal have proven once again that their team has the chops to reboot a classic franchise after the incredible Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Thief is a Thief game for fans of the older titles. While some things have changed, 99% of it remains the same but better than ever. 10/10, well deserved! Expand
  10. Mar 2, 2014
    I recently purchased this game off of the idea that this was purely a stealth game. It's a bit like assassin's creed in first person without all the killing.

I was concerned as this game has had such mixed reviews, but alas I went ahead and purchased. I'm glad I did. This game is good. It's not great, but it is definitely NOT BAD. The graphics and atmosphere are amazing. Sneaking around and trying to steal things off of guards or in front of a sleeping person is just... Gratifying.

Combat is non-existent. You can do some stealth takedowns, but if you get caught by more than one guard, it's game over. As it should be in a true stealth game.

People were complaining about a mass amount of loading screens. I have not noticed an abundance of them. I let my friend play and he took a different route than I did for the same objective. It was interesting to see him play (He was very aggressive and at the end of the level was 78% Predator and then split between Ghost.)

I play with headphones on and the room darkened and it definitely increased my immersion as this game is inherently dark and moody. Make sure to turn off the focus and most of the hand holding difficulty options to make the game more tense and feel more open ended.

Cons: I did notice some choppiness in the PS4 framerates (Like if you'd want to turn VSYNC on if it was a PC...) Also the dialogue with the guards gets repetitive. Sometimes the AI is completely ignorant.

A few patches and I believe this game will be up to many's expectations as for the game. As of right now if you are a fan of pure stealth gameplay and don't mind a bug or two, pick up this game. If not, wait it out for patches or rent it. It is enjoyable.
  11. Mar 2, 2014
    Basically this is exactly what i wanted in a new Thief game, a stealth game isn't everyone's cup of tea but if you liked the previous iterations you will enjoy the sneaking in this game!
  12. Mar 2, 2014
    Whats going on how is this a bad game its very exciting to me it has to be the best game out there for next gen for now. i don't really see much wrong in the game i though they nailed it.
  13. Feb 26, 2014
    Let me start out by saying I am completely impartial to anyone else's opinions and my review is my own perception of this game.

I played the original thief as a young teen and wasn't capable of completing it or completely understanding the game. What i do remember is it was a hard, dark, and a fun game. The new reboot is exactly that. For one, Square Enix does an excellent job of bringing you back into previous worlds from past games. Garret feels like he belongs in this world. He is at home, and it feels and plays like the first one. They also did great at making Agent 47 fit perfectly in the newest Hitman reboot rather similarly. The controls take a minute to get used to, but they work well for this game. The hardest difficulty is pretty decently hard and enemies are pretty smart. They will look for you if they find open doors or cabinets that were left closed. I would recommend disabling most of the hints, item shimmers and waypoints to make the game ore immersive and fun. The sneaking in the dark is alot like the first Splinter Cell, with a dark meter bubble. It shows if you are hidden or not, and the controller lights up brightly when u are in the light. All the things are present from the first as i can tell, water arrows, etc. Im only in chapter 2 but it seems this game will be very very long, which is what i really need in a game. I restarted the first chapter twice looking for all the loot and only got 66% of it. Total about 15 of 350 treasures i have collected. A somewhat slow paced, adult game that requires patience. Something other reviewers are not use to. Some people have dismissed this game already because of the voice actor is different from the rest of the games in the series, but i think the voice acting is pretty good. This game makes you feel like a true thief. Lock-picking and safe cracking are spot on. Ive been waiting for a game like this for a while. I usually beat games pretty fast but this will keep me busy for a while. Many different ways to complete the missions, but the game does seem a bit more linear than the rest. The only thing i don't like about this game is the frame rate drops below 20 sometimes on PS4 which im sure will be fixed in future updates. All in all a solid game which doesn't deserve some of the flak it has received. It is defiantly worth buying to have it before your friends :] hope this helps.
  14. Feb 28, 2014
    Thief has been around a long time. The first game came out in 1998 I believe and it is an iconic game in the industry and inspired lots of other stealth games. Each new game in the franchise has had heavy expectations placed on it. Most Thief games since then have had a mixed reception. There are those who expect each new game to be exactly like the original. And there are others who wantThief has been around a long time. The first game came out in 1998 I believe and it is an iconic game in the industry and inspired lots of other stealth games. Each new game in the franchise has had heavy expectations placed on it. Most Thief games since then have had a mixed reception. There are those who expect each new game to be exactly like the original. And there are others who want Thief to be more of an action game. Then there are those that have always understood what Thief is about and enjoy it for what it is: a damn good pure stealth series.

The new Thief is no exception. Nothing has given me the sense of skulking about in the shadows and having to use stealth in order to survive better than Thief has. This isn't an action/stealth hybrid like Dishonored or Splinter Cell that you can go in guns blazing and cut down half a dozen guards in a short amount of time. In Thief you have to remain undetected or face the consequences.

At first I was disappointed by the fact you can't use the rope arrow on any wood surface as before and can only attach to specially highlighted beams. But the game makes up for it in other ways. The new swoop ability is pure awesomeness. It gives a fluidity and speed to the game while still feeling stealthy and appropriate.

The graphics are quite good, with some of the best lighting and shadows I have ever seen in a game. The world itself is quite dreary and that may turn off some people, but it has character and a strange charm of its own.

The sound could be a little more atmospheric in my opinion, but it is generally still generally good. The voice acting is very good in the case of Garrett and fairly good in the case of most of the other characters. Garrett is such an intriguing character.

All in all I think Thief carries the stealth torch admirably, and probably better than any other modern "stealth" game. I've enjoyed it a lot and if you like stealth I am sure you will enjoy it too.
  15. Feb 27, 2014
    I honestly cannot believe the low scores that this game is getting. I've played through roughly 4 of the 8 chapters so far, and all I can say is that this game is lots of fun, giving you plenty of ways to play each chapter. Sure, one of the big complaints is that the combat mechanics are clunky, but noooooo **** This IS NOT BATMAN, or assassins creed, or any other type of combat game. EvenI honestly cannot believe the low scores that this game is getting. I've played through roughly 4 of the 8 chapters so far, and all I can say is that this game is lots of fun, giving you plenty of ways to play each chapter. Sure, one of the big complaints is that the combat mechanics are clunky, but noooooo **** This IS NOT BATMAN, or assassins creed, or any other type of combat game. Even so, the combat is decent enough, with upgrades that help you along the way. This game revolves around figuring out the BEST way to complete a chapter, based on your personal preference. Wanna knock everybody out? Go ahead. Wanna sneak by everybody unnoticed? Go ahead. Wanna combine the two? GO RIGHT AHEAD. These idiots giving this game a 1, or even worse, a zero? In all honesty, they are mentally incapable of writing a decent review. I'm going to rate it a perfect 10 just to help bring up some of these poor reviews. In all honesty, with 20 years of solid gaming experience, I'd rate it an eight and a half. These missions are well thought out by the design team, giving you suspense, action, and some reallly great stealth opportunities. **** the haters, honestly. People these days are so inclined to search for some crazy, shoot-em up gameplay that they can't truly appreciate a good game. Expand
  16. Mar 2, 2014
    Ahora que ya he jugado un buen número de horas me atrevo a decir que Thief es un fantástico juego de sigilo, que estoy disfrutando mucho.
    Las notas negativas de algunos análisis, como la publicada en Meristation, me estaban haciendo dudar si comprar el juego o no. Me alegro de haber ignorado las rewiews negativas y haberlo adquirido.
    Si te ha gustado Dishonored este Thief también te
    Si te ha gustado Dishonored este Thief también te gustará.
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    I've never played the first thief game, or dishonored and I am not a huge fan of stealth games but I am enjoying every second of this game.

I'm glad I made the purchase, it is really fun and addicting. :)

The only thing I dislike is the touch-pad to change weapons. It doesn't always go to the weapon I want and it can get really annoying. That is why I gave this an 8 instead of a 10. :)
  18. Feb 27, 2014
    Thief is in my opinion a reboot, of an amazing franchise, done the best way possible. It might not have the richest story of the Thief games, but the gameplay is in many ways flawless. The ai acts the way you would expect in a stealth game, but the variety of enemy design may for some lack a bit. The traps in the game are cleverly placed, stopping the playing from rushing through theThief is in my opinion a reboot, of an amazing franchise, done the best way possible. It might not have the richest story of the Thief games, but the gameplay is in many ways flawless. The ai acts the way you would expect in a stealth game, but the variety of enemy design may for some lack a bit. The traps in the game are cleverly placed, stopping the playing from rushing through the game, and forces you to stay aware. The shadows play, like in the other Thief games, a big role, and how you use them will determine your success, or at least how you succeed. The game features great HUD customization, that lets you tweak every detail. The graphics options are fairly extensive and features pretty much all the necessary features. the games has 3 preset difficulties, but for the hardcore player, it won't be much of a challenge. But Thief features customizable difficulty options. These options will make the game harder to play, and for every feature you remove, the game will award you with points, that can be compare to other players on a global leaderboard.
    Sadly the game does feature some minor bugs that, for the most part, will force you to restart the game.

All in all a great game, that deserves a 9/10
  19. Mar 1, 2014
    Great game, it may not be the best game ever, but still it's ton of fun to play. I think the only bad thing about this game is not having ability to jump when you wish but,when it says "you can jump on this box". The game crashed 1 time, so that's not so bad. Thief is like Dishonored (Yes i know thief games were before dishonored) but with more open world and more stealth.
  20. Feb 27, 2014
    This game is great, It is fun to play most of the time and the setting is just beautiful . Graphics are not mind blowing but they are great , The Story suites the setting and the contrast of the gameplay and story matches. The detail is well done in the environment , However to me I just couldn't be overwhelmed by the dialogue . But rest the game is great ! Recommend o any fan of stealthThis game is great, It is fun to play most of the time and the setting is just beautiful . Graphics are not mind blowing but they are great , The Story suites the setting and the contrast of the gameplay and story matches. The detail is well done in the environment , However to me I just couldn't be overwhelmed by the dialogue . But rest the game is great ! Recommend o any fan of stealth based games ! Expand
  21. Feb 26, 2014
    Great game. Some of the best stealth mechanics I have seen in quite a while. Combat is lacks but its not really a focus of the game. Graphics are great. If I have one gripe it is that there is no fence system. Garret seems to just take stuff and turn it into money.
  22. Feb 27, 2014
    I originally rated this game a 4, and compared it to Godfather III. I may have been to hasty. Indeed, the first couple of missions were clunky and did not showcase the game very well. And there are many problems with movement, such as the intermittent availability of the jump command, and periodic crashes, but still, I am now impressed by the vast detailed areas of the city that you canI originally rated this game a 4, and compared it to Godfather III. I may have been to hasty. Indeed, the first couple of missions were clunky and did not showcase the game very well. And there are many problems with movement, such as the intermittent availability of the jump command, and periodic crashes, but still, I am now impressed by the vast detailed areas of the city that you can roam around in. I find myself playing for several hours a day, and that should speak for itself. I guess the trick is to keep playing longer than 2 hours- eventually you will discover it's charms. I still wish they used the old voice actor for Garrett. However, If you are like me, you are going to buy this despite the large amount of bad reviews. I now think it was worth it. BTW- unlike others on this post I think it is valid to compare any game of a series to it's previous titles. If they didn't want you to compare it to the previous titles they should have named it something different. While it breaks somewhat with the spirit of the prior 3 games, it is still worthy enough to call itself Thief. Expand
  23. Feb 27, 2014
    This game is 10 worthy no question. The only problem i have had is getting around the map and finding side quests, but that will just take a bit of getting used to. I personally don't mind the voice acting at all, the story was good, gameplay fantastic. there were many great customization options, and overall, it was a great game
  24. Feb 28, 2014
    Every once in a while a game comes along that is hard to accurately review for everyone.
    Do I review the quality of the game towards casual gamers? Or towards people who understand and are fans of stealth?
    Because depending on who you're speaking to, the review score will be wildly different. Those who never understood stealth games and insisted on playing them as shooters or fighters,
    Those who never understood stealth games and insisted on playing them as shooters or fighters, when the true intent of the design is to AVOID combat, those overly aggressive types will find this terrible.
    Combat is only passable and you are not an assassin. More than one guy on you, you might as well accept death.
    Top it off with the old gen animations and speech (bad acting, overly repeated lines from random AI) and a rather dreary city, it starts off with a bad impression.
    While the buildings are fine enough in detail, the city lacks personality and feels like a series of generic rooms ultimately.

That's the bad stuff.

Now I'll let it be known I'm a big fan of stealth play in old Thief, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell. I'm the kind of guy that, despite them giving you more than enough weapons for a massacre in Splinter Cell, I like playing completely undetected and killing no one (if I'm good enough, usually I do have to knock out one or two).
    And as a stealth fan, playing my PS4 version, I love Thief. The level's furniture and guards may be generic, but the layout of the levels towards your goals is excellent if you play to be a true thief.
    And being a true thief is the key here. I've seen many professional reviews complaining about the focus feature and the highlighting where to go in any given room or even Garret himself telling you what to do.
    And it's true, all of those would be legitimate complaints except for one thing. It can ALL be turned off. The fact there's an individual option to turn on or off Garret's voice impressed me, someone thinking to add that. (I went with off, let me use my brain and not be told answers)

For me, I'm going to judge this game by the merits for a stealth fan with proper settings.
    By proper, I mean turning off everything except your mission marker.
    And with that clean screen, your goal is to pick the pockets and steal the valuables....and no fighting.
    Try going through the game without killing or knocking out anyone and being a true sneak. Then you will see the genius in the control and level layout.
    And instead of ridiculing Square for making a game with added enhancements and hand holding to make it easier on casual gamers, I commend them for it. They made a game with every individual item can be turned off or on, so you can tailor make it towards your skill level. Being all inclusive while adaptive should be the goal of all games.
    When played correctly and understanding and enjoying the slower, deliberate stalking nature of this style of game, this may have an older type feel to the build, but it's a top quality older type.
    It's fair to say it's rough around the edges on a technical level, but nothing that effects gameplay. My PS4 version has not stuttered, had no pop up and surprisingly, I saw no glitches.
    Even Ghosts, Battlefield, and AC4 on PS4 had their occasional glitch. Despite it's aged designed, within those confines it is polished.
    The levels offer tons of hidden treasures and replayability and some of the best levels (in the way of how creative or bold you need to be to remain undetected) I've seen in years. And I play so many games a year, I likely rival a pro game reviewer.
    But the difference between me and a pro reviewer? I'm playing for the love of it, not as a job.

This is one of those games I see getting overly harsh reviews from people who sound like they don't understand this type of game. So here I am, I only posted this to help speak to the true stealth fan trying to figure out if the game is worth it for them. And that answer is yes.
    It's not that those lower scores aren't legitimate. Simply not accurate to people like me who might skip out on a great game because of people who come at a game from a different perspective than stealth fans.
    In the end, I'm giving points towards my personal experience. And I think those points are accurate for those older gamers who've been around and played all the stealth types and are fans of that style. Old stealth fans can safely buy this, knowing they'll get their money's worth. It's a long game even without replaying.
    As for the kids new to these style of games? That's tough to say. I'm not sure how critical they'll be of the animations or if they'll have patience for this style. For them I'm going to knock down the points to about a 6 and say rent.
    And those who treat every game as if it were Call Of Duty and try to barrel through things, yeah, this is 1 or 2 point game for you. Just move on, this game wasn't meant for you.
  25. Mar 7, 2014
    Where can i start, the graphics for a console are amazing the fog, smoke, fire, rain, mud, and lighting effects are awe-inspiring and are expertly done. the controls are extremely intuitive and responsive. you have a range of abilities/perks and combat actions. a range of books/papers to find and read through, collectibles to umm...collect. plenty of side quests alongside the obvious mainWhere can i start, the graphics for a console are amazing the fog, smoke, fire, rain, mud, and lighting effects are awe-inspiring and are expertly done. the controls are extremely intuitive and responsive. you have a range of abilities/perks and combat actions. a range of books/papers to find and read through, collectibles to umm...collect. plenty of side quests alongside the obvious main campaign. The cutscenes are wonderfully crafted and really inspire you to go about in the game and look through every nook and cranny. The game is set in a sort ye olde mid 1800's desolate setting of london, with disease and rats, and a powerful, vile baron ruling over the "lower" people. The game is just so much fun and dynamic, but however is does feel now and then to be a little constrictive in it's level design, with a confusing map and frequent but quick loading times. I do find it quite annoying that you can't actually hide enemies in lockers that you yourself can hide in. arrows don't do a great deal, you have these blunt arrows and all they do it turn off switches which you find very few situations that you have to do that. i would want where the water arrow blinds/disorientates your enemies etc. The atmosphere is creates is astounding, and the world it wraps you is undeniable. I've had a fantastic time with game, a stunning piece of dynamic artwork. people nowadays hate change, but if certain forms of media like games and music stayed the same and went stagnant, people will still complain and say its just another rehash or a copy and paste job. I still think this game is amazing and for me personally well worth the lolly spent on it. Expand
  26. Mar 2, 2014
    Personally, I loved this game. The stealth aspects of it, the mechanics, and I didn't see any of the so-called bugs. I had a fun, enjoyable time playing this game. It had a good story, a solid play style, and, in the end, I felt as though there was complete closure on the story with all questions answered. From the beginning mission to the final encounter, it was a non-stop, stealthPersonally, I loved this game. The stealth aspects of it, the mechanics, and I didn't see any of the so-called bugs. I had a fun, enjoyable time playing this game. It had a good story, a solid play style, and, in the end, I felt as though there was complete closure on the story with all questions answered. From the beginning mission to the final encounter, it was a non-stop, stealth packed, fun time on my part. Expand
  27. crs
    Feb 28, 2014
    First of all let me say "They didnt use the original voice actor the evil developer they must hate us" who really cares about this perhaps the original voice actor couldnt do it, didnt want to or is dead. It doesn't mean its a bad game because they used a different actor.

People say its linear, its not it shows the target but leaves it up to you how to accomplish it. Its not open

Its not open world, it doesn't really matter the world is big enough to explore.

It has a few bugs but what game doesn't and they can always be fixed with a patch.

Buy it and enjoy it for what it is, a lot of fun and don't compare it to dishonoured which for all its plus points was criminally short.
  28. Mar 1, 2014
    If you are an Assassins Creed fan YOU WILL LOVE THIS GAME !!! I love it !!! the history, the sounds, grapfhics are very good !!! Eidos Montreal..... tomb raider, thief.... I love your games........
  29. Feb 26, 2014
    Really?? A 0, 1 for a score? I have started the game and it is really fun. I guess this is because I did not play the other games, but the game plays well, controls well. The only framerate issues that I could see were during some of the cutscenes and load times after being discovered could be improved but overall the developers did a great job with this game. Ignore the negative reviewsReally?? A 0, 1 for a score? I have started the game and it is really fun. I guess this is because I did not play the other games, but the game plays well, controls well. The only framerate issues that I could see were during some of the cutscenes and load times after being discovered could be improved but overall the developers did a great job with this game. Ignore the negative reviews and get this game! You won't be disappointed! Expand
  30. Feb 28, 2014
    Welcome to metacritic, where morons either score a 10 or a zero.
    Look Thief is a good game, yes it does have its flaws but I'm glad it stands on its own two legs because truthfully I've got bored of Assassins Creed games since they went yearly.
    Welcome to metacritic, where morons either score a 10 or a zero.

There is a lot to explore, and many ways to do the missions, replay the whole game as a master thief and try to never get seen if you can handle it.

The majority of reviews here haven't touched the game, bad reviews were surrounding this game over the past two weeks and trolls always follow.
    The same thing will happen with Titanfall in a few weeks.

Good game, worth playing, I paid £33 for it and got it a day early, very happy with my purchase.

Ignore the hate. 8.

1. Mar 26, 2014
    The biggest problem for this game is every stealth game that has come since Thief: the Dark Project. Thief can’t match the visual flair and supernatural powers of Dishonored. It doesn’t have the lean efficiency and murderous creativity of the Hitman series; it trails the razor’s edge stealth and gadget lust of Splinter Cell; it lacks the vision and bombast of the Metal Gear series. Hell, it doesn’t even have a very good thief.
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    The return of the master thief Garrett is a mixed bag. Thief builds on its series proud heritage of tactile stealth, focusing on realism but loses some of the way to modern design trends. Thief has some unnecessary padding that smooth out the gameplay as well as some cinematic ambitions that do not reach all the way. Above all, it is plagued by qualitative valleys that appear to be a result of a stressed launch. Nevertheless, Thief gets a weak recommendation because the basic formula is still fun and somewhat unique.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 18, 2014
    A nail-biting experience needing a few more coats of polish to stand out. [April 2014, p76]