Tom Clancy's The Division PlayStation 4

7.0

1. Mar 8, 2016
    If you liked Destiny at launch, there's a strong chance you'll like this. Maybe even more...
    This game has stronger RPG mechanics than Destiny yet the environment is extremely bland and unappealing to me. I strongly recommend to play this game with your friends. With more content and dark zone refinements this game will easily get an 8 or above from me.
  2. Mar 9, 2016
    Don't buy this game yet, wait a year. Ubisoft have laid down a solid foundation for this game, but that's all it is.

It looks beautiful, but it can often be repetitive and lack variety. The controls can sometimes feel clunky, but nothing that ruins the experience. It seems to be suffering from the teams own ambition, like Watch Dogs they made a lot of promises that they weren't able to fulfill. The world is vast but the content is limited.

The Dark Zone (The games multiplayer area) can be fun, especially with friends, but I worry about the longevity. Whilst the campaign can be enough to draw someone in, the multiplayer is what will keep people loyal and still playing your MMO. Is the Dark Zone enough? Potentially, but it needs work.

I wanted to avoid comparisons with Destiny, as they are two very different experiences. However, it shares similar upsetting disappointments, upon release, and doesn't meet expectations. Destiny, fortunately, had Bungie and Activisions experience of being able to build an amazing FPS, which kept people coming back.

I really hope Ubisoft can work hard and make this game a success.
  3. Mar 8, 2016
    The Division is a long way off a great game with so many strange design choices and faults, but it's still fun to aimlessly run around ruined New York with friends completing missions, even if the overarching purpose of the whole thing is somewhat nebulous.
  4. Mar 8, 2016
    They activated me, a Division agent, in the world's darkest hour. The time had come. I left my wife and child behind, and headed for the nightmare that New York City had become. I didn't know if I'd ever see them again. I had my orders.

My mission? Simple.

Try on every beanie hat and scarf in the city.
  5. Mar 10, 2016
    Is this game worth $60.00? yes after playing for roughly 30 hours I already feel like I have gotten my moneys worth out of this game, still not sure what end game has to offer but I easily see this game being a 100+ hour game. Will update in another 20 hours of gameplay.

Pros - *Graphics *Tons of Missions *Worth $60.00 *Co-Op *Loot *Customization *Crafting Cons -

Pros -

*Crafting

Cons -

*Missions are repetitive

*Very Little Variety of Enemies So Far

*Servers sometime kick you for no reason and you have to restart an entire mission

*Not much to character creation - about 7 premade faces that you can deck out with tattoos, different hairstyles and color and accessory's, some customization but they could have easily improved it.
  6. Mar 8, 2016
    Despite some Unrealistic and completely pointless reviews ( Metacritic is always full of smart people giving 0 for no reasons and in my opinion they should be banned forever) the game is great: Beautiful New York reconstruction, fantastic level design and nice combat style/ cover and shooting mechanics. The bad are the poor character customization possibilities and the damn "spongy effect"Despite some Unrealistic and completely pointless reviews ( Metacritic is always full of smart people giving 0 for no reasons and in my opinion they should be banned forever) the game is great: Beautiful New York reconstruction, fantastic level design and nice combat style/ cover and shooting mechanics. The bad are the poor character customization possibilities and the damn "spongy effect" (you literally have to vomit bullets on some enemies to kill them). Besides that the Divison in my opinion is a great game, similar to the less famous "Spec. Ops: The Line" but also much, much better! Expand
  7. Mar 8, 2016
    So far, the game shows a lot of content. Microtransactions are only for outfit that does not change your character status. Some minor bugs as expected, but the game runs ok on PS4. A bit of improvement on the graphics since the beta, not too much. Raiding with other players was cool and the Dark Zone is always fun.
  8. Mar 8, 2016
    Unlike those just marking a negative review and leaving no details as to why they have done so I will list you readers why I have marked this game a 9.

I fell for the destiny hype, it wasn't even that the story lacked but the replayability to earn new gear to bring into multiplayer bored me. Thankfully, ubisoft have in no way hyped this game to the same level as Bungie did for

Thankfully, ubisoft have in no way hyped this game to the same level as Bungie did for Destiny. I have played several hours of this game so far and I can honestly say its worth its money.

The graphics are great, unlike the linear levels of destiny I am in New York with many a pathway to my objective. I can run into random events or decide to follow a side mission instead of the one I originally chose. I can find a random apartment block that has intel inside of back history and new gear hidden in its rooms. The skyline looks beautiful and I really do feel like I am in the game at times.

Weapons/Customisation - Brilliant. Such a variety that I can loot or buy and customise. I grew bored of Star Wars Battlefront for its lack of cusomisation. One thing that keeps me playing a multiplayer is changing aspects of my weapon to take a different approach. All of these cusomisations as expected effect the gun you are choosing and also change its look. A big thing to touch on is obviously the perks/attributes/talents. I have only started exploring this area but again the variety of choice I have read into is great. Want to heal your team singplayer or multiplayer then explore the medic side....want to be badass and take a shield with a pistal to flank the enemy then go right ahead. These are just the firs two perks for me - many more exist and can be altered to again change your approach. Not only this but the constant look of gear to change what my character wears is an added bonus.

Story wise I haven't came across anything worthy of an award but that does not mean its sh*t either. I helped rescue a friends lost sister and defeated a group of maniacs trying to storm the bridge. What I did find cool was that after completing one of these missions I was shown a feed from a police car camera that showed them being murdered by a massive group of bad F%@Ks and it was marked on my map to investigate.

I havent even touched into the darkzone yet but I did play the BETA and it convinced me to buy this game. I grouped up with two random guys for over an hour and tried taking on other groups in the streets of new york. Not only this but I knew at any point I could turn on one of them to steal their loot or just pick on a random guy who had spawned into the city. For me on a console I have never played a multiplayer that offers that choice. For example I did go rogue and stole a guys hard earned goods however how do we know he hadnt turned rogue to earn them himself? Also the tension as I waited for the helicopter to escort my goods out was brilliant. I kept thinking who else is going to try and take what I stole from him or is he going to come back to get me. As well as this I remember going rogue to a high level and having all players in that area designated to hunt me down and it truely did result in a great experience. The variety and replayability factors are all there so get the game.
  9. Mar 8, 2016
    READ THIS BEFORE MY REVIEW:
    READ THIS BEFORE MY REVIEW:
    Since the game is from Ubisoft, we can never trust the trailers or gameplay at E3 as they are always misleading. Ubisoft is a very unpredictable developer that sometimes releases great games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag but also releases some disappointing games as well like Assassin's Creed: Unity and Watch Dogs. Ubisoft is just WAY to unpredictable.

The Division was a games that promised more than it could actually provide. There was a huge hype train for this game and many people considered it as a "modern" version of Destiny. The gameplay is is very fun for the first couple hours until it becomes very repetitive and the graphics are average and definitely way worse than the graphics we saw in all of the trailers at E3 before the game was released. The combat feels like a generic cover-based 3rd person shooter. The voice acting is not that good and sounds very dull. Even at 30fps, the game still has many frame rate drops on consoles and the open world does not feel that "natural" and feels more artificial and fake. It is pretty empty. The character customization is average but not the best. But players can still look unique among others. The game had a great idea but was put in the hands of the wrong developer which is what my opinion is. So much content is being locked out and put in 3 expansions! However, I have hope that with further updates, this game still has potential to be a great game. But for now, this game needs plenty of improvement. Thank you for reading this review! :)
  10. Mar 8, 2016
    First ubisoft game that live up to the hype in nowdays.I really loked forward for this game and i dont dissapointed with it finaly a good shooter with a good pvp not as boring as others.
  11. Mar 8, 2016
    Its best ubisoft game.i love it. I play it with my friend and its very good.good graphics.good sound.great gameplay and story.now i trust ubisoft more than ever.!!!
  12. Mar 8, 2016
    Well, Ubisoft have done it!! Very impressive, immersive gameplay, with good PvP integration. No issues with servers or lag and all the bugs discovered in Beta have been rectified. I am in love with this game already! The longevity of the game looks good, bolstered by the fact that 3 new missions/DLC maps will be released. All in all, I believe this truly is the Destiny killer!!
  13. Mar 8, 2016
    Why do people keep calling it "grafics" its graphics you idiots... You all are gamers. you should be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously, how do you screw that up?!
  14. Mar 8, 2016
    I can't believe it has been 3 years already. This game is a blast! I can't believe all the different styles of games they fit into one. The guns are awesome, the graphics are awesome, the coop is amazing! Just a great game. Well done Massive!
  15. Mar 8, 2016
    Ubisoft was my fav developer and publisher. I liked Far Cry 3 a lot. Hated AC Unity of many reasons. But it's getting worse, my opinion. I've, we've waited for 3 years long? Let's keep it simple.
    First of all: I like the setting of The Division. Originality? Nah. There are some Destiny elements in it. Some Watch Dogs things. Overall: I don't see myself and my group playing The Division in about a year. Normally I don't write a review about a game. But we need to stop hyping up a game. Wait and have patience. And that last one will save your wallet. Thank you
  16. Mar 8, 2016
    The very definition of mediocrity. Bland mechanics, shooting feels uninspired, missions are mind-numbingly repetitive. An unsuccessful mishmash of tactical shooting, RPG, and MMO; Ubi should have picked one and stuck with it. Wait for this game to drop in price, or borrow from a friend.
  17. Mar 8, 2016
    Shallow is the perfect description. It has no substance, no quality, just a shallow safe-play cash grab. Nothing new to see from any genre - as a shooter, rpg shooter, mmo-esque destiny type, or even video games in general. Quests, characters, story, npc's, ability tree, upgrades, gameplay styles - the total package here people, all are a resounding... eh. Forgettable and highly deletable.Shallow is the perfect description. It has no substance, no quality, just a shallow safe-play cash grab. Nothing new to see from any genre - as a shooter, rpg shooter, mmo-esque destiny type, or even video games in general. Quests, characters, story, npc's, ability tree, upgrades, gameplay styles - the total package here people, all are a resounding... eh. Forgettable and highly deletable. More Ubisoft trash. Stop supporting developers with no talent!!! Expand
  18. Mar 9, 2016
    This game is just a cheap cash in that does nothing original. It's just a shallow third person cover shooter with other players and loot (whoop de do). The graphics are good but they pulled a Watch Dogs again, meaning they lied to their consumers. There are microtransactions and plenty of connection problems. Just a overall shallow and cheaply made game for the casual gamers everywhere.
  19. Mar 8, 2016
    Updated to Version 1.01, still got this Gamebreaker Bug (cant activate agent) before the first mission even. I paid 60 Euros for this piece of Shyte that refuses to let me play....WTF UBISOFT ???????????????

gonna sell the game to a colleague at work whom i dont like haha
  20. Mar 25, 2016
    The Division, in its current state, legitimately needs two separate scores.

On Leveling: Score - 8 Leveling in The Division is very enjoyable. Apocalyptic New York City has been lovingly crafted in fine detail and really sets the stage for the story. The story itself is simply OK - it's not the greatest but it's not bad either. The gunplay is well doneand the six weapon types all feel
    The Division, in its current state, legitimately needs two separate scores.

On Leveling: Score - 8
    Leveling in The Division is very enjoyable. Apocalyptic New York City has been lovingly crafted in fine detail and really sets the stage for the story. The story itself is simply OK - it's not the greatest but it's not bad either. The gunplay is well doneand the six weapon types all feel distinct and meaningful. There is a lot of fun to be had running around in a small group, switching roles based on talents. Even the Dark Zone (more on this in a moment) is a blast while leveling, as it's separated into level brackets to keep things even and (more or less) fair.

There are problems that hold back the basic leveling side of the game. The side-missions and resource encounter missions are extremely repetitive and you will be doing the exact same things in each zone. Elite and veteran NPC mobs and bosses are bullet sponges. The game is riddled with texture bugs including falling through the world, guns that sometimes randomly float above or beside teammates, grenades that don't display an animation or make a sound, occasional invisible items that can lock you in place, and enemies that don't fully appear on screen until you're directly on top of them. Friendly AI is dumb as a box of rocks and never shuts up. Of course, the game ALSO suffers the Ubisoft Syndrome, which is to say the map is littered with hundreds of collectibles.

On end-game: Score - 2
    Once you reach 30 and have gotten full superior-level gear (an easy feat to achieve), the wheels fall off the bus.

If you want to progress in any meaningful fashion after max level, you need Phoenix Credits, Dark Zone credits and High-End crafting materials, including high-end Division Tech materials. The means to obtain these items are extremely limited and, as such, "end-game" is extremely barebones.

The Dark Zone (DZ) is a set of PvEvP hybrid zones where players can kill enemy AI or engage in rogue PVP and kill other players. The first six zones are separated by DZ rank (from ranks 1 to 30) and the final two zones are for "high end" DZ rank (ranks 31-50+). It's an interesting concept in theory but in practice it's horrible.

The loot the NPC mobs drop in the DZ simply is not all that rewarding until you get to the final two tiers. This means grinding 30 DZ levels just to get into the higher two tiers where you might have a better-than-zero chance of finding high-end gear. Likewise, the best crafted items from the DZ are gated behind DZ rank 50 blueprints. The DZ is just a zone to grind in, meandering around killing for DZ rank until you reach 50 when you can finally buy decent 'rewards'. The problem with this is that your progress can be completely stopped by rogue PVP agents because, when you are killed for ANY reason in the DZ, you *lose* experience, credits, and chest keys. You also lose any loot you've picked up but not yet extracted out of the DZ. I would be fine with this risk/reward scenario if the devs hadn't made recent changes to the game that reduces the penalty for going rogue, essentially promoting griefers and gankers. If you weren't DZ rank 50 before the most recent patch, good luck getting there.

This isn't the only change they've made that makes DZ a pointless slog. They've nerfed the frequency of NPC bosses in the DZ and severely nerfed the amount of Phoenix Credits you can obtain from bosses. After this latest patch, although not listed in the notes, it has become rare to find high-end level division tech crafting materials, which are needed for ALL of the DZ blueprints.

Put simply, the DZ is another a grindfest with extremely nerfed drop rates, except this grind also includes players who are given the green light to be jerks, making ranking up more annoying if not outright impossible.

That leaves the end-game PVE dailies. With only four total challenge modes and two daily hard modes earning enough to buy weapons and blueprints from the vendors at the Base of Operations is atrocious. Bear in mind that challenge modes require a competent team with decent gear and can take anywhere from 30 mins. to 3+ hours depending on the mission. Unless you have the time and friends required to spend all day grinding challenge modes, progress will be painfully slow.

After obtaining a few high-end items, I've already become tired of the grind. It is, IMO, arguably worse than vanilla Destiny at launch (and I'm certainly no Destiny fanboy, check out my scathing reviews for Destiny here). At least vanilla Destiny offered many more scaled up end game strikes, a split between PVE and PVP gear paths, dedicated PVP, an initial raid with raid gear, and public events. Back in 2014, I compared that to other pseudo-MMOs and called Destiny's offerings barebones. Sadly, The Division has set a new bar for barebones end-game. Given how enjoyable the 1-30 leveling path was, I'm deeply disappointed in the state of The Division's end game.

All things considered: 6.0
  21. May 24, 2016
    is not bad... not that good too... enjoying with friends the first 2 weeks

darkzone suck! (geared player > new player)

always a new glitch/bug each patch lol
  22. Apr 13, 2016
    I thought the Beta felt a little rough round the edges, but the final game is solid, polished and fantastic fun to play. As team shooters go this is up there with the best and hours just melt away going from mission to encounter across the game map. Kit management can become a bit of a headache and that's when the social aspect of the game dies (you'll notice stunned silence in yourI thought the Beta felt a little rough round the edges, but the final game is solid, polished and fantastic fun to play. As team shooters go this is up there with the best and hours just melt away going from mission to encounter across the game map. Kit management can become a bit of a headache and that's when the social aspect of the game dies (you'll notice stunned silence in your earpiece as your team starts tweaking kit, modding weapons etc). That said, once you have your character as you like it, you and your squad will start romping through the city again - that is until you level up, get more gear, find better weapons and the whole process starts over and over and over.

Dark Zone will have you looking over your shoulder wondering if that "friendly" agent really is friendly or just waiting to put 2 in your skull and steal your kit.

Solid game with loads to do. Great fun and worth every penny.
  23. Aug 13, 2016
  24. Aug 15, 2016
    It was suppose to be a sortie. I little jaunt among the debilitated cars that marked the streets like a kind of headstone for a New York that once was but will maybe never be again. The dark zone is a really depressing place, I though. My squad agreed. We picked through what remained, spared the other players who strayed into our lines of sight and made to the extraction with a really niceIt was suppose to be a sortie. I little jaunt among the debilitated cars that marked the streets like a kind of headstone for a New York that once was but will maybe never be again. The dark zone is a really depressing place, I though. My squad agreed. We picked through what remained, spared the other players who strayed into our lines of sight and made to the extraction with a really nice haul. We bated our time and waited for the helicopter to fly in and drop our only means of securing our new toys. I waited for the clock to drop and then I stroke. Kicking the only member of our squad that we had picked up at random and robbing his carcass of anything he worked hard to collect. We divided it up, extracted, and then went our separate ways. It still feels like I left some small part of my soul back there, on the snow covered LZ where myself and two friends led our new buddy to the slaughter after spending an hour fattening him up loot.

So I put it on youtube with some funny sound effects to make myself feel better, and we went about repeating the process.

God, I love this game.
  25. Jan 17, 2017
    This is one of my first games on PS4 and to this day, close to Dark Souls 3, kept me for the longest time. After 106h in game I come back with pleasure. For few quests, for few dungeons etc. Just to relax. To upgrade character. For me this is very solid game, with amazing potential. I highly recommned it to everyone.
  26. May 17, 2016
    The story is....forget the story, lets head out there make a party and kill some outlaw gang out there. lvl up quick and wait for DLC.

It's like destiny but more entertaining altou the mission are like copy paste and the enemy looks the same(but slighty stronger each time). But more mission than Destiny at launch. give it a 6/10 for the entertainment it gave me but definitly not a

give it a 6/10 for the entertainment it gave me but definitly not a game to rememeber. 7/10 for Co-op.

It's game not worth 60-70 Eur/ Dollars, more like 40-50Eur/Dollars.
  27. Apr 7, 2016
    Not bad...............................................................................................................................................
  28. Dec 1, 2016
    Pros:
    - Highly addictive game-play with impeccable first person shooting and RPG mechanics.
    - Well designed ability upgrade system with plenty of incentive. - Excellent single player mode integrated with a fully functional and outstanding multiplayer experience. - Subtle yet intelligent plot with extremely well written dialogue. - Doesn't overload you with dialogue cut scenes. -
    Pros:
    - Well designed ability upgrade system with plenty of incentive.
    - Subtle yet intelligent plot with extremely well written dialogue.
    - Doesn't overload you with dialogue cut scenes.
    - Immersive open world environment with plenty of fun things to do.
    - A hefty amount of unlockable story lore and optional cut scenes that are actually amazing.
    - Incredible graphics and character animations.
    - Surprisingly memorable soundtrack that does an amazing job at not sounding repetitive.

Cons:
    - Clothing doesn't offer any defense perks until they release Survival mode.
    - Underground mode is a solid DLC add-on but offers no instruction on the steps to access it.

This is an unbelievably underrated game. It was difficult for me to think of any major flaws. Many people complain about the bullet sponge tendencies but it was never something that bothered me. And remember, it is an RPG after all. This has become one of my favorite games of all time and I really don't care how anyone else feels about it. This game is my ****
  29. May 10, 2016
    This game is fun, but would be better if the there was something different to keep you wanting to play the game. I am going to hope that there will be a Destiny like experience where the game gets way better with every DLC update. Time will tell. But for now, I am bored with it.
  30. Mar 30, 2016
    I find the game to be fun in adventure and customization and to be able to solo it alone without the interference of other players makes it possible to play alone but it being online only I cannot give it anything higher than 8. it is possible to play it with lesser types of internet access unlike Destiny you need a good amount of internet access. so overall the game is fun, great story,I find the game to be fun in adventure and customization and to be able to solo it alone without the interference of other players makes it possible to play alone but it being online only I cannot give it anything higher than 8. it is possible to play it with lesser types of internet access unlike Destiny you need a good amount of internet access. so overall the game is fun, great story, good customization and having to be able to play alone is good but the biggest downside is the online only, which limits the range of people who can play it. Expand
  31. Feb 10, 2017
    Outstanding NY enviroment, great coop/multi immerse play and loot system.
    In my opinion one of the best new IP's of this console generation.
    Hope The Division 2 will be placed in Tokyo:).
    Must check...
  32. May 18, 2016
    Was initially unimpressed by this game but the more I played it the more I got into it and the more fun I had. The graphics are beautiful though the combat system needs work. It takes about 15 bullets at minimum to down a bad guy. They even survive head shots! But other than that this is the best modern military game I have played; it's far better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. LookingWas initially unimpressed by this game but the more I played it the more I got into it and the more fun I had. The graphics are beautiful though the combat system needs work. It takes about 15 bullets at minimum to down a bad guy. They even survive head shots! But other than that this is the best modern military game I have played; it's far better than Call of Duty and Battlefield. Looking forward to seeing what follows this title. Expand
  33. Mar 12, 2016
    This game is fantastic one of the best RPG MMo games by far I hate comparing it to destiny but it is clear that this game is better, highly reccomend as an avid tom clancy fan I think any MMO gamer and person who is a fan of his past work should pick this game up, highly reccomend.
  34. JTV
    Apr 5, 2016
    A good third person RPG/MMO with guns, Good storyline that is base on the Coldwar era, the graphics are decent, game play is very fun at the same time can be very repetitive and the loading times can be annoying to look at.Once you hit level 30 you can very much do Daily missions which is like Instances in World of Warcraft which they have Heroics mode called Challenge Mode which can beA good third person RPG/MMO with guns, Good storyline that is base on the Coldwar era, the graphics are decent, game play is very fun at the same time can be very repetitive and the loading times can be annoying to look at.Once you hit level 30 you can very much do Daily missions which is like Instances in World of Warcraft which they have Heroics mode called Challenge Mode which can be very hard if you don't have good gear. As for PVP you very much venture out to the Dark Zone for by killing NPC or players by going rogue farming for Dark Zone for money,and loot but not much incentive to do this stuff. Expand
  35. Apr 10, 2016
    [[positives]]:graphics are good especially the lighting system,NY is very detailed and realistic,skills and talents are diverse and useful i also like the base building and upgrading system of the game and dark zone is a blast with friends.
    [[negatives]]:the story is lackluster and forgetful,missions are repetitive and boring,characters are generic and uninteresting,game requires a constant internet connection,no offline mode.
    {{overall}}:buy if u have good friends to play with otherwise wait for a price drop.
  36. Apr 12, 2016
    The Division is a well made game, the character feels good to move around, guns feel good to shoot, and the cover system is solid. The Darkness Zone is fun and can add some nice tension to the game when you visit it the first few times, but after that it becomes just another area to shoot targets that sometimes happen to be other players, which is fine as the core gameplay is fun but thisThe Division is a well made game, the character feels good to move around, guns feel good to shoot, and the cover system is solid. The Darkness Zone is fun and can add some nice tension to the game when you visit it the first few times, but after that it becomes just another area to shoot targets that sometimes happen to be other players, which is fine as the core gameplay is fun but this area feels like it was a missed opportunity. The main problem is that while the city of New York is beautiful it feels like nothing more than a big sandbox. The story is there but because it doesn't directly present itself to you it often times feels like background noise to just shooting more targets, and it's not as if the world is interesting enough to want to learn the story anyway like in a game like Bloodborne.

Ultimately The Division is a good base of a game and there is a lot to expand on, but initially is lacking in any compelling content. Let's hope Excursions change that.
  37. May 27, 2016
    The game its self is good up until you finish the story. When you do finish the story the game gets kind of boring. Yeah you could always go to the dark zone and replay missions but whats the point. I will give the game props for looking beautiful.
  38. Jul 30, 2016
    I'm as confused writing this review as I was reading reviews of it; the best way I can describe this game is to say that it's sort of like being a kid and knowing you're allergic to something, but you love the way it tastes, so you eat it anyway knowing it'll make you sick. The game is not fun. Lots of time spent running. After about level five average enemies take about 6 headshots toI'm as confused writing this review as I was reading reviews of it; the best way I can describe this game is to say that it's sort of like being a kid and knowing you're allergic to something, but you love the way it tastes, so you eat it anyway knowing it'll make you sick. The game is not fun. Lots of time spent running. After about level five average enemies take about 6 headshots to kill, let alone "elite" enemies. Loot drops are unpredictable and useless. The leveling up and base improvement systems appear to give you lots of freedom, but ultimately you just unlock everything and choose between three special powers. Story missions can take up to an hour and may devolve into you waiting in cover with your cursor in one place, waiting for the enemy to pop up, shooting him, taking enough bullets to almost kill you, and retreating to heal. God help you if you join up with another player who is a dumbass and keeps getting himself killed, because once he dies, the game will leave you alone and stick you with multiplayer enhanced difficulty. Auxiliary missions, required to upgrade your base, are painfully repetitive and unrewarding. The character attributes aren't well explained, so item equipping is sometimes a total crapshoot. The PvP aspects of the "dark zone" are a total mess but are capable of providing some fun.

Perhaps most irritating is the game's online requirement. You encounter chilling moments where you shoot enemies endlessly and their health does not go down, they will stand still as you move around, and you suddenly realize you're in the middle of a lag. When the game finally comes through, anything could have happened. That is, if the game doesn't just crash and send you back to login.

Despite all of these complaints, you will keep going back to the Division. Something about a shooter RPG with MMO elements will tickle your gamer scrot and you will want to play. I hope you have a good internet connection.
  39. Sep 26, 2016
    As my humble review i wold say that in generals terms, if you liked the ambience of watchdogs, the shooting of Borderlands (weapon stats and crafting, status effect added to bullets, etc), and the looting system of diablo, this game is for you.

Pros: + Incredible details not just on the graphics, but on the sound. It has a dynamic night/day cycle, and even climate cycle. + Details to

Pros:
    + Details to the minimum. You can hear the echo that makes a dog and a pigeon when flying on a snowy street, people fighting over food, dogs pissing and living their day, baggage bags stacked on the corridors of abbandoned buildings, and one thing that personally liked a lot that got me immersed, when doing sidequests i got into this IT building, and saw at guy desk, a picture of his wife and daughters at Paris.
    + Fun campaign and story, the one that you go completing by getting the audios, drones, and stuff arround the map.
    + Fun gameplay. You can craft, fight, personalize your character and gear.
    + Lots of loot.
    + After completing the campaign (30+hrs). you still have tons of fun on the Dark Zone wich has its own mechanics).
    + A game that can be played Solo or with a Group of friends.

Cons:

- UI could do some improvements. (Wich are coming on the 1.4 patch).
    - Unbalance on the Dark Zone. (Also coming on the patch).
    - Some secondary misions can get repetitive.
    - Had some crashes during the game that got me restarting the game.

In general terms is a very solid game made by ubisoft, got me immersed all the weekend playing and doing all the sidemissions and stuff. Tagging along with some random guys to try some difficulty missions and discovering the ruined city by myself. Watching my steps because you never know how powerfull some enemies arround the corner may be. And apreciating every detail that the developers did put on the game. 9/10.
  40. Oct 6, 2016

My mission? Simple.

Try on every beanie hat and scarf in the city.
  41. Mar 13, 2016
    Ok so is this game worth the money? Now considering how much we pay for games now in general and what games these days offer us in game play and quality, i have to say it has a lot more in it at day one than some other resent games (Destiney, Star wars, Batman, The Crew just to mention a few). so ye i would say its worth it.

There are however some things to consider before running out

There are however some things to consider before running out to buy this game.

First off its not a FPS! This game does not play like an FPS it doesn't have the same pace as an FPS and the set of skills required to play it are completely differant.

Secondly, this game doesn't give you the story on a plate. Many Games are in the habbit of giving you all the story on an easy to follow part one leads to part two system and though you can go from story mission to story mission this only gives you the bere bones of the story (A little like Destiny except with no web page), by collecting items and doing side missions you get all the back story which make the story more interesting.

Thirdly this is an RPG, meaning higher lv enemies will take more damage. This shocked a lot of people when playing The division as it can make the game unrealistic but understand RPG's with one shot head kills don't work.

The last thing to think about before deciding if this game is for you or not, is its an MMO and like many MMO's you do get people who just want to be a jerk to everyone else, fortunately for myself i've only come across this one or twice and both times i just logged out and back in and continued to play on a server with no jerks.

Now the game it's self, I think this is one of the best games i've played this year (true it is early). As i've mentioned if we keep in mind the type of game it is and the level of work gone into this its just stunning. The graphics are amazing even after the infamous down grade and the lesser mentioned lighting upgrade. The sound is solid and the game play though diffrent is ace. This is a game that has changes the normal practices of how we play, for example, the difficulty levels in missions aren't geared towards leveling you up faster but more towards returning at later game to receive better loot.

Over all i think its a well balanced game that has been adjusted to avoid the normal pitfalls that MMO's fall into in the late game areas.

I give the game a 9 because i do feel its had a few server issues and at this stage i can't give a 10 un-till that's fixed. Hope this helped.
    Peace out.
  42. Mar 11, 2016
    This is my first ever review, so I wanna make it a good one. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWERS. The Division is NOT a perfect game but it's a damn fun one. The more you sink some time into this the better it gets, as with most RPG's/MMO's. Playing online with a team and tackling missions from different points will never get old. My only gripes would be the repetitiveness of some ofThis is my first ever review, so I wanna make it a good one. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWERS. The Division is NOT a perfect game but it's a damn fun one. The more you sink some time into this the better it gets, as with most RPG's/MMO's. Playing online with a team and tackling missions from different points will never get old. My only gripes would be the repetitiveness of some of the missions and the world outside the mission areas is a little thin. Other than that, it's amazing. Expand
  43. Mar 16, 2016
    First off I'm a big solo player fan.I was worried at first if you could really play this game and max out solo. I was very happy that i was able to.Haven't even been in the dark zone yet. I am sure i will later on, but for now i am just enjoying the PVE aspect of the well crafted game. Speaking of crafting, its here,simple but very well done. Great superb game. Beautiful environment, greatFirst off I'm a big solo player fan.I was worried at first if you could really play this game and max out solo. I was very happy that i was able to.Haven't even been in the dark zone yet. I am sure i will later on, but for now i am just enjoying the PVE aspect of the well crafted game. Speaking of crafting, its here,simple but very well done. Great superb game. Beautiful environment, great guns,loot story isn't naughty dog level, but i wasn't expecting a masterpiece in story, but that said the story was very well done, especially for MMO-Shooter. Way better of a story then destiny. AI is smart for the most part. There isn't ever a perfect AI system. Its very well done. Just the whole atmosphere that ubisoft has created here is just awesome, can not get enough. Haven't been this addicted to a game since destiny first lunched. Great game ubisoft. Does it have a problems a few bugs but all the positives far out way and bugs or glitch's. Must buy. Its like dioblo 3 and spec ops the line had a baby. Can't Wait to play. Great Job. Looking forward to all the DLC. Even if the quality of the DLC is half as fun as the main game it will be amazing. Expand
  44. Mar 12, 2016
    There's something about the atmosphere. I got into a gun fight during sun down and after it was over I realized it turned to night. Standing there in the middle of downtown, looking up at the buildings and the sky, its snowing and its quiet. It's something the game does right. I love the atmosphere.
  45. Mar 13, 2016
    The Dark Zone is unlike any gaming experience I'v encountered. It has it's flaws like any other game but once you grind your way to 30, get good gear and have a competent team the game is turns into a harsh reality where no one can be trusted and situations can turn hairy in a split second. The Dark Zone can be very unforgiving, but extremely satisfying as well. Have around 3 days loggedThe Dark Zone is unlike any gaming experience I'v encountered. It has it's flaws like any other game but once you grind your way to 30, get good gear and have a competent team the game is turns into a harsh reality where no one can be trusted and situations can turn hairy in a split second. The Dark Zone can be very unforgiving, but extremely satisfying as well. Have around 3 days logged into this game and I can't get enough of it.

It does need it's fixes. Like, maybe rather than fixing the loot drop rates they can focus on the glitches. Tired of trying to check out my accessories and cannot because my player is just a black silhouette. Tired of falling threw the maps. Tired of getting caught on invisible walls. Tired of not being in combat and not being able to access a safe zone. Tired of NPCs spawning on you.

All in all, worth the 60 bucks for sure.
  46. Mar 9, 2016
    great game, with a lot of secondary missions, hard mode it have great AI, the weather changes are great and the DarzkZone it is the best PvP I played in new generation with a lot of tense and tactical orientation.
  47. Mar 10, 2016
    Excellent game, really great fun with co-op with your freinds and graphics are absolutly amazing! Fights feel tense and the AI on hard mode is very good. Dark zones are hardcore. 9.5 definitly. Would be a perfect 10 but feels like the UI needs a little love.
  48. Mar 10, 2016
    This game really deserves two scores. Co-Op with friends, and Solo. Co-Op is what I am scoring. With a group of friends, this game is great. They watch your back, revive you, and in general, make encounters go smoother. As you progress into the Dark Zones, they do the same, and you get strength in numbers.

Single player, the game is stark, and lonely. They nail that ambiance, but

Single player, the game is stark, and lonely. They nail that ambiance, but it is not, in my mind, quite as fun. Don't get me wrong, still a very fun game, but it really does shine with 4 people to play with. Even with two it plays well.

All in all, this is a very solid game, and quite a bit of fun. Something I look forward to playing each day.
  49. Mar 11, 2016
    Lives up the the hype, a rich and deep world, a great and fair loot system and intense 4 player co op, the dark zone is also brilliant, makes up for the shower of sh1t that Destiny was
  50. Mar 10, 2016
    A lot of fun so far and would recommend to anybody. Mechanics work well and grouping up is easy. Sometimes shooting a guy in a hoodie 10 times feels strange, but other than that I'm really enjoying it.
  51. Mar 9, 2016
    Remember when reading user reviews that there is a lot to do in this game and very few players, if any, have reached the end game content and have gotten to try everything. The closer the review was published to the release date, good or bad, keep this in mind. This includes my own. Same reason there are so few professional reviews.

About 17~ hours in now and I'm very happy with the

About 17~ hours in now and I'm very happy with the game. The graphics are great and the quarantined New York is surprisingly detailed. Good variety of weapons and armor. Gun and clothing customization is right where it needs to be with plenty of options to tailor your build. Being able to swap active skills at any time is very useful, especially when playing co-op. Matchmaking with strangers or friends is pretty painless. The missions themselves take you to a variety of settings within the city and have all kinds of different objectives, but mostly boil down to shooting lots of enemies and a boss at the end. Rewards and drops all fair and there are plenty of vendors to visit always with different items for sale, so you'll always find something better to equip.

A few people have complained about griefing, but you should expect that a little in the PVP area. The whole thing about a player standing in the safehouse doorway and preventing progress is not a real problem. The only time it can happen is during the tutorial. While it is annoying, it's rare and should not impact your view of the game. The servers have handled everything well now that the initial heavy traffic at release has normalized.
  52. Mar 9, 2016
    I find this game a lot of fun. It has something for those who enjoy playing online and those who do not. My friends and I can team up in the dark zone to combat rouges, or I can play the campaign by myself with no issues. There is a lot to do in the campaign, although I do see how people could say that it does get tedious after a while. I would have given it an 8.5 if possible, but a 9 isI find this game a lot of fun. It has something for those who enjoy playing online and those who do not. My friends and I can team up in the dark zone to combat rouges, or I can play the campaign by myself with no issues. There is a lot to do in the campaign, although I do see how people could say that it does get tedious after a while. I would have given it an 8.5 if possible, but a 9 is accurate. It's a game I really enjoy and one that I'll get many hours out of. Expand
  53. Mar 9, 2016
    To be a 10, you'd have to blow me away... this game comes pretty close. Not only do I consider this the premier RPG/MMOish Shooter, the fact that it's in Manhattan makes it that much cooler. So many iconic sites.

My only reserves (and they are just reserves) are held for when I finally see the end game content. That will determine my replay factor. The raid isn't released yet so we have no way of knowing and I haven't been in the dark zone.

But let me say one thing... I OFTEN spend $60 on a game and after beating it in a week I'm disappointed and burnt out. This game has enough depth and the crucial EXCELLENT co-op in their 26 missions to be worth my 60 bucks alone.

Well done, Ubisoft. I used to love Rainbow Six 1-2, and avoided siege like the plague when I realized it didn't have the same mount-up system. This game brings back memories of my glory days. Now give me something akin to terrorist hunt mode (survival expansion?!) and I'm golden.
  54. Mar 14, 2016
    I thought I was going to be disappointed with this game but my fears have been laid to rest. I cant testify about how the game plays on console but I can tell you on PC its absolute eye candy with decent fps running high/max settings. The game play is very immersive. I usually team up with my bro in law for some action and when hes not on I usually do the side missions. Its enough contentI thought I was going to be disappointed with this game but my fears have been laid to rest. I cant testify about how the game plays on console but I can tell you on PC its absolute eye candy with decent fps running high/max settings. The game play is very immersive. I usually team up with my bro in law for some action and when hes not on I usually do the side missions. Its enough content to keep me busy for a while. Expand
  55. Mar 15, 2016
    i haven't played destiny so i cant comment on originality. i am not very found of ubisoft, but they nailed this time. I never played such an imersive game, ever. The adrenaline of you waiting the chopper to collect a rare item on the dark zone is top notch. As when you defeat a hard mission with 3 agents you matched all of them kicking asses in a tatical way. And the map is incredible,i haven't played destiny so i cant comment on originality. i am not very found of ubisoft, but they nailed this time. I never played such an imersive game, ever. The adrenaline of you waiting the chopper to collect a rare item on the dark zone is top notch. As when you defeat a hard mission with 3 agents you matched all of them kicking asses in a tatical way. And the map is incredible, the building i stayed in the hells kitchen on my last trip to ny is there, and even the coffe shop in the corner. There is even the pizza store in the corner of b&h store, its everything there. The weapons customizations is great either. 10! Expand
  56. Mar 14, 2016
    Very good start for this MMO Shooter its got the feel and polish of a single player game that ever other MMO i`ve played lacked. I`m having a real blast i`ve got 30+ hours so im as happy as larry Ubisoft are no longer the worst developer 4 good games in a row there back on track.
  57. Mar 11, 2016
    As a gamer who's never been intrigued by titles such as Mass Effect or Destiny, The Division stood out to me as the initial beta approached. I tried it several weeks ago and found it confusing and unapproachable in the few hours I had to play before the beta closed. As launch approached, I tossed those initial doubts aside and purchased the game. I am deeply satisfied that I made thisAs a gamer who's never been intrigued by titles such as Mass Effect or Destiny, The Division stood out to me as the initial beta approached. I tried it several weeks ago and found it confusing and unapproachable in the few hours I had to play before the beta closed. As launch approached, I tossed those initial doubts aside and purchased the game. I am deeply satisfied that I made this decision!

The Division is moody, dramatic, gritty and action packed. It's a more sophisticated Call of Duty mixed in with a huge open world akin to GTA Online. The RPG elements are abundant and the loot system gives you a feeling of accomplishment and progression. I've never wanted to explore in a game like this just as much as I wanted to shoot things. You can see that the developers put a lot of thought and work into every subtle nuance of the game. Those initial feelings of confusion will probably go away after your first few hours of gameplay. I'm looking forward to playing this game more and more as it expands.

Pros: Graphics, Gameplay, Music, Level Design, Boss Fights, Matchmaking

Cons: Initial learning curve, limited character creation, enemy variety
  58. Mar 17, 2016
    Played nearly three days worth of this game and I'm still enjoying it. There are a lot of fun things to do in this game. The graphics are beautiful, combat is fun and makes you think very strategically rather than running straight into a firefight. The options to switch out roles from Healer, Crowd Control, Tank, and DPS on the fly makes every mission engaging and exciting. Crafting inPlayed nearly three days worth of this game and I'm still enjoying it. There are a lot of fun things to do in this game. The graphics are beautiful, combat is fun and makes you think very strategically rather than running straight into a firefight. The options to switch out roles from Healer, Crowd Control, Tank, and DPS on the fly makes every mission engaging and exciting. Crafting in this game is very well done. There are many weapons and mod options to tailor your load-out to fit your fighting style.

I will say this is an RPG first Shooter second game. If you don't like RPGs or are expecting this to be a CoD game then you will want to rethink buying this game.

There are a number of bugs in this game, but that is to be expected at launch. Ubi/Massive are listening to fan feedback and making regular updates/patches/fixes. As long as this continues I'm sure most if not all the bugs will be addressed and not hold this game back.

If you like RPG Shooter Looters (Bordlerands Series, Destiny, etc) then you will enjoy this game.
  59. Mar 17, 2016
    I have had such a fun time playing this game so far (and can foresee my still enjoying it for a long time to come). Let me begin by saying that before this game I was pretty much a solo (non multiplayer) gamer... but since my first step into this world I have loved every moment of it. The world constantly surprises me (the amazing physics, the AI (and human) interactions, the absoluteI have had such a fun time playing this game so far (and can foresee my still enjoying it for a long time to come). Let me begin by saying that before this game I was pretty much a solo (non multiplayer) gamer... but since my first step into this world I have loved every moment of it. The world constantly surprises me (the amazing physics, the AI (and human) interactions, the absolute desolate beauty of the world, and the fun of the gameplay), and I recommend to everyone I meet. Expand
  60. Mar 17, 2016
    I have a blast playing this, the New York of the Division looks stunning and play beautifully the Dark Zone feels challenging and tense. The Dark Zone feels like it has real consequences.
  61. Nov 6, 2016
    The Division is a very hard to play game. I hate those checkpoints, when you die and have to go back from let's say 0,3 km or more to the place you died and start again to kill lots of lots of cleaners. It's annoying.
  62. Mar 9, 2016
    i've played approx. 10 hours since the game's launch and I've loved every minute of it. I've been able to reach level 10 and played with and without friends throughout the main and side missions. There are a few minor bugs here and there, but nothing that is even close to game breaking. Once I get to more of the end game material and explore the Dark Zone I can give a finalized review. Ifi've played approx. 10 hours since the game's launch and I've loved every minute of it. I've been able to reach level 10 and played with and without friends throughout the main and side missions. There are a few minor bugs here and there, but nothing that is even close to game breaking. Once I get to more of the end game material and explore the Dark Zone I can give a finalized review. If they live up to the rest of the game so far, this will get a 10 from me. Expand
  63. Mar 9, 2016
    I still suspected this game good or bad , because of this game product by UBI , It always disappointed me , like assassin series , but at this time , It was changed , So I think time could changed something , 3 years is worth .
  64. Mar 11, 2016
    The Division is one of the most beautiful and detailed games I have ever played, the combat is solid, but it becomes very, very repetitive and dull after a some hours.
    I would recommend to rent it first

Graphics 8
    Fun factor 5
    Replay value 6
    Adictivness 2
  65. Mar 9, 2016
    Excellent game. A refreshing take on an RPG with a strong immersion, fantastic gunplay and a seamless co-op experience. Theres been nothing else like this!
  66. Mar 9, 2016
    Great cover based shooter in a post apocalyptic Manhattan with co-op to boot. So far this game is great, looks great, the atmosphere is second to none. I'm not going to compare it to destiny like so many others as its a completely different game, I will say that its a great game especially if you have some friends to enjoy the ride with. The dark zone adds a new level of tension not seenGreat cover based shooter in a post apocalyptic Manhattan with co-op to boot. So far this game is great, looks great, the atmosphere is second to none. I'm not going to compare it to destiny like so many others as its a completely different game, I will say that its a great game especially if you have some friends to enjoy the ride with. The dark zone adds a new level of tension not seen in many games, will I go rogue? or will I hunt the hunter? Only a few minor problems like not being able to crouch and the the enemies are bullet sponges especially on hard, The shootings is decent, not the best but certainly not the worst. I'll continue to play The Division and see where this ride takes us. 10/10 Expand
  67. Mar 9, 2016
    It's horrible to see this with such a low score as I adore this game. Obviously I have only played around 5 hours or so, but what great fun it has been. I think the main reason for this is that I am playing it in more of a co-op style with a friend of mine and I feel as though this is what is making it a great experience.

I have encountered a few bugs so far, none game breaking, but

I have encountered a few bugs so far, none game breaking, but enough to get under your skin a little, but overall I have had great fun with this game and will definitely be playing a tonne more of it.

I would be happy to give this game a 10, if Ubisoft sort out some of the glitching I have encountered.

9/10 Would definitely recommend.
  68. Mar 9, 2016
    A very good RPG , the story is interesting and the game play also cite the lack of loading screens ( restricted to times when you enter in groups ) . The loot mechanics and the possibility of modifications and creations of weapons and equipment enrich the experience .
    The graphics are well made ​​and, to date, the game ran flawlessly on my ps4 console.
  69. Jun 29, 2016
    Welcome to the generic world where everything looks the same, everyone wears the same clothes and uses the same weapons. But do not fret! Visit the daily appearance vendor to buy new weapon skins, we're glad to say that there are 100 different shades of brown to choose between. Highly mediocre game, repeating gameplay and alot of frustration during incursions/DZ which clearly is aimed moreWelcome to the generic world where everything looks the same, everyone wears the same clothes and uses the same weapons. But do not fret! Visit the daily appearance vendor to buy new weapon skins, we're glad to say that there are 100 different shades of brown to choose between. Highly mediocre game, repeating gameplay and alot of frustration during incursions/DZ which clearly is aimed more for group-with-mic people. If you are a solo player. This isn't a game for you. Expand
  70. May 27, 2016
    I did not like this at all.

- Enemy AI are bullet sponges
    - I feel that the city is empty and I'm always walking around
    - Story is pretty light
    - Not many enemy models
    - Aiming and recoil mechanics at times are undesirable
    - Very repetitive.. Just a soulless series of fetch quests.

Graphics and city detail are nice!

Not worth $60
  71. Mar 9, 2016
    Ubisoft often exploits the players with the Marketing but this time, they worked well. New York modeling is impressive and the atmosphere is there.

I play for opening servers and I love it (lvl 25). The game is quite addictive, missions are different and the cooperative is fun. I confess that I cannot understand some negative reviews too fast ... just play more.
  72. Mar 9, 2016
    After 15+ hours of gameplay, This game is fantastic. Top of the line graphics. Combat is pretty fluid. It takes a bit to get used to but simple overall. I haven't had much experience with the multiplayer yet but the matchmaking for co-op missions is fast and I've had zero connection issues. I love the free roam aspect it brings to the FPS experience.
    I don't understand all the 0 reviews.
    I don't understand all the 0 reviews. Release day bugs are unavoidable. Some people are being way too critical. Buy this game.
  73. Mar 9, 2016
    To give this game anything less than a 7 is not being fair. This game off the bat is more fleshed out and has more going on than Destiny. You will get your money out of this game. There are going to be pay for DLC, but there is going to be free DLC including the ability to trade gear. The charecter creation is extremely weak and this game is supposed to be played with friends, it shows.To give this game anything less than a 7 is not being fair. This game off the bat is more fleshed out and has more going on than Destiny. You will get your money out of this game. There are going to be pay for DLC, but there is going to be free DLC including the ability to trade gear. The charecter creation is extremely weak and this game is supposed to be played with friends, it shows. The matchmaking is very welcome helping you find people to help you complete missions or to just join up and get into random trouble. I like this game and im sure it will get even better as more content comes out. Expand
  74. Mar 9, 2016
    Any game that makes me want to come back and play it, is already a solid 7 for me. I love the environments and love how haunting the city feels. Once you get a feel for the cover system it can be pretty cool moving around from cover to cover during a fire fight, as well as timing your grenades to get the most kills out of one. The only thing is, it's repetitive...no where near Destiny'sAny game that makes me want to come back and play it, is already a solid 7 for me. I love the environments and love how haunting the city feels. Once you get a feel for the cover system it can be pretty cool moving around from cover to cover during a fire fight, as well as timing your grenades to get the most kills out of one. The only thing is, it's repetitive...no where near Destiny's grind but still a grind all the same. The RPG elements are great but you can already tell that once you get done with the story line the rest of the game will become bland. I really like the PVP and dark zone aspect of it...you definitely need to make some allegiances quick and even then you don't know who might go rogue on you...I love that aspect of uncertainty. In any event I despised UBISOFT for the longest time...laughed my ass off on launch day when I got the Romeo error but all in all this game turned the page for me with UBISOFT...I sitll don't trust them but I certainly don't hate them anymore...funny that a game called The Division would bring me back to play UBISOFT games. Expand
  75. Mar 9, 2016
    I seriously don't understand all those extremely negative reviews. This game is far from perfect but it's good fun. The graphics aren't bad like people keep on saying, they look quite good on my 55" screen. The gameplay is extremely fun especially when playing with friends. The RPG elements add to the fun and longevity of the game. I do see how solo players may get less out of thisI seriously don't understand all those extremely negative reviews. This game is far from perfect but it's good fun. The graphics aren't bad like people keep on saying, they look quite good on my 55" screen. The gameplay is extremely fun especially when playing with friends. The RPG elements add to the fun and longevity of the game. I do see how solo players may get less out of this game, but knowing well before purchasing that this is mostly an online affair makes this a weak argument against the game.

There are a lot of jaded player reviews on metacritic, so play the game and make up your own mind. Chances are you're going to have a geat time.
  76. Apr 22, 2016
    Once you peel back the thin coat of polish, there is undeniably a turd of a game here at its core. No enemy variety whatsoever. Nothing inspiring about this game compelling me to keep pushing on. And for what? More bullet sponges and beanies? Or how about the same damn coat with 10 different colors?

The Division is just another overrated AAA flop of a game.
  77. Mar 9, 2016
    The Division > Destiny...at least so far. I don't think The Division will be as much of a grind as Destiny, and that's a good thing. So far combat has been great. I have encountered a couple of bugs, but that was playing right after the launch at 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday. I played for 5-hours + yesterday and did not experience one glitch. Loot could be dropped more frequently, but that's whatThe Division > Destiny...at least so far. I don't think The Division will be as much of a grind as Destiny, and that's a good thing. So far combat has been great. I have encountered a couple of bugs, but that was playing right after the launch at 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday. I played for 5-hours + yesterday and did not experience one glitch. Loot could be dropped more frequently, but that's what anyone playing a RPG would say. Anyone reviewing this game without 30+ hours is not giving you the full review. This game is a lot of fun and contains a lot of depth and customization. Should be good for the long haul. Expand
  78. Mar 9, 2016
    This is the first game of this generation of consoles that has given me that feeling of gaming excitement i felt when i was a kid and played the first resident evil. It is immersive gaming at its best. The last time i felt a game was this kinf of special was The Last of Us. That game was about the narrative and character attachment. This is about environment that is so engaging that whenThis is the first game of this generation of consoles that has given me that feeling of gaming excitement i felt when i was a kid and played the first resident evil. It is immersive gaming at its best. The last time i felt a game was this kinf of special was The Last of Us. That game was about the narrative and character attachment. This is about environment that is so engaging that when you put on a pair of headphones and sit down in front of a 60" HD screen you are transported to New York in all its glory, devastation and gloom. The changes in day, nighg and weather as well as lighting and the bewildered survivors that litter the streets all suck you in to the reality that has been created here. The developers have done so much work to give you this bleak but beautiful playground to explore and survive. I have found myself climbing as high as possible just to absorb the views of the environment
    The game must ne experienced to fully understand its value for us as gamers and the work it has done to surely force other developers to change the way they approach and deliver games. The graphics, sound and gameplay are amazing and nothing i write can deliver justice to the experience you deserve to enjoy yourself. The detail in the world, the weapons, the character costumes is sublime. There is no such thing as perfection in gaming. The closest that came for me in my mind and memory was long ago in Metal Gear Solid. But once again for me this is as close as it gets. I am sure some people will disagree and if the game doesnt capture you from the instant you start then it just isnt for you like Uncharted isnt for me. And thats okay. But i can still be objective and i know uncharted is an amazing gaming series even if it isnt a game I can like or love. I hope you all enjoy the experience this game offers in both co op or single play and i wish all you agents good luck out there. Watch your backs in the DZ. Ghost out.
  79. Mar 9, 2016
    Bom maioria das pessoas tiveram acesso ao beta para tirar suas conclusões e acredito que a maior pontuação vem de quem testou o jogo mesmo. Agora fica a outra parte que foi lá e comprou o game porque um amigo falou que era muito bom. Ai o cara não gosta vem aqui e acaba com o jogo.
    Bom vou deixar minha opinião sobre o jogo e espero ajudar.
    1 - O game está mais polido, em questões de
    Bom vou deixar minha opinião sobre o jogo e espero ajudar.

1 - O game está mais polido, em questões de gráficos está melhor que o beta. Pouca coisa? pode ser, mais dá pra ver esta diferença. Para você que está com a cabeça lá na E3, esquece não tá igual. Mais vale a pena mesmo assim.

2 - Muita coisa pra fazer e explorar, tanto sozinho ( ai o desafio é maior ) quanto com um ou 4 amigos. Eu estou jogando sozinho mesmo e bora lá. Não precisa de alguém para fazer as missões, mas será mais difícil. Você pode mudar nas fases principais a dificuldade, achei legal esta parte.

3 - Dark Zone ( zona cega ). Dá pra entrar sozinho sim, mais é aquilo, olhando para os lados o tempo todo. O ideal é entrar com outros agentes ( não necessariamente seus amigos ) pode pedir pra agrupar a outros. Simples.

Bom é isso. Espero ter ajudado.
  80. Mar 9, 2016
    Not sure why so many people are hating on this game. A lot of the negative reviews are from day one and connection issues which I did not have. Game is worth the price and I look forward to playing it a lot more!

Pros: Great map, style of game play, the main missions, weapons and perks, and the dark zone (MP aspect) is awesome! Mix of main area and dark zone allow you to play this game

Pros:
    Great map, style of game play, the main missions, weapons and perks, and the dark zone (MP aspect) is awesome! Mix of main area and dark zone allow you to play this game for extended periods of time.

Cons:
    Some encounters can be repetitive (but you always get different loot), non-mission enemies (encounter or free roam AI enemies), enemy dialog is repetitive (not that big of an issue, just some feedback)

Tips:
    Don't rush while you play. Explore the map to find hidden loot. Play the main missions on hard. Team up with people on main missions and in the DZ. Don't pay too much mind to negative reviews or think of past games, try it out yourself! This game is very enjoyable!
  81. Mar 9, 2016
    balancing all the hate from people who probably haven't even played.
    I got a server error once and about half hour after it launched so yeah servers were flooded. running fine ever since.
    if you think these graphics suck you are blind. I work in the industry and these are top notch no matter what you play on. some texture pop but not very often. controls take some getting used to but
    balancing all the hate from people who probably haven't even played.
    controls take some getting used to but doesn't every game have that? unless you just play COD every year.
    groups work amazingly well and the seamless online gameplay is everything I hoped for.

neg I agree with, many enemies are too powerful. example a lvl 8 mission on normal will give you OP boss fights that can melt you and will take almost your entire ammo supply to kill. levels have more and harder enemies with friends but with the correct tactics, they are easier in the end. going solo can be frustrating. I recommend doing missions 1-2 levels below your current if going solo.

also some glitches here and there but mostly funny stuff, not game breaking, examples: group members on your screen start to "float" basically losing their walk/run animations. other very minor, saw some rats stuck in an endless loop of running in a 1foot space but if you can't laugh at that kind of stuff you aren't a true gamer at heart.

real score 8 /10
  82. Mar 9, 2016
    A very enjoyable and fun game. It has some minor flaws, (many due to publishers still foolishly thinking consoles are the primary gaming market and PC is secondary) none of which take away from the enjoyment and experience. I highly recommend giving this one a go.
  83. Mar 9, 2016
    the game is amazing! the graphics the gameplay the loot the story everyone moaning and i cannot understand why! played it till three this morning and now im stuck in work thinking about it and i cant wait to finish to get back home and log back in its been awhile since any game gave me feels!
  84. Mar 8, 2016
    Amazing game with great amount of missions and hight drop rate, i've played 2 Beta and i have 20h on the final game.
    Destiny is not even close to The Division, this is the game for real MMORPG player

(With friends is simply perfect)
  85. Mar 9, 2016
    Open world RPG looter/shooter with cover-based third person shooting, loot and experience grind. It's all wrapped in a techno-thriller packaging reminiscent of the works of John Ringo or the eponymous Tom Clancy. Game play loop is solid. Shooting is satisfying. Real world weapons are utilized in the loot system using a grading system of varying rarities. Best played with friends,Open world RPG looter/shooter with cover-based third person shooting, loot and experience grind. It's all wrapped in a techno-thriller packaging reminiscent of the works of John Ringo or the eponymous Tom Clancy. Game play loop is solid. Shooting is satisfying. Real world weapons are utilized in the loot system using a grading system of varying rarities. Best played with friends, absolutely, but most games are. Recommend a rent before purchase. Just so you can tell if the game play is your cup of tea. Comes with my recommendation however. Expand
  86. Mar 9, 2016
    DO NOT listen to these whiny hater dweebs who gave this a zero; I'm sure you can deduce that they're being trolls and their opinion isn't to be taken seriously.

Now with that said... I played the open and closed betas extensively and I never got bored one bit replaying those same sections this time around upon the game's release. This game is really fun overall. I'm not going to say

Now with that said...

I played the open and closed betas extensively and I never got bored one bit replaying those same sections this time around upon the game's release. This game is really fun overall. I'm not going to say it's a perfect game, because it is not. We play games to have fun and to forget about the outside world, and this game totally accomplishes that.

It is highly recommended that you have a group of 3-4 players the entire time you play. That's what makes the game so much fun. My one major concern is how much lasting appeal this game has in a few weeks or months, but that's mere speculation. As it stands today, this is a great game and I highly recommend that you try it.
  87. Mar 10, 2016
    While the division had some server problems at launch the game itself is addicting. While there are some areas it could obviously improve upon (ie. more gamemodes or different areas) it does what it promised to do well, which is provide a well structured shooter rpg. The dark zone adds a whole new element to the game and allows the player to partake in pvp. It should also be added thatWhile the division had some server problems at launch the game itself is addicting. While there are some areas it could obviously improve upon (ie. more gamemodes or different areas) it does what it promised to do well, which is provide a well structured shooter rpg. The dark zone adds a whole new element to the game and allows the player to partake in pvp. It should also be added that both the games graphics and sound design are fantastic.
    P.S.- the matchmaking process sucks, but hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  88. Mar 10, 2016
    Super immersive game, the co-op is smooth as hell ! Played the closed and open beta and I really appreciated my experience. I played roughly 10 hours and it don't get borring when you're in co-op mode. At last a game challenging Destiny but in our time. Go buy it !
  89. Mar 10, 2016
    The game is very fun and has a great social aspect to it. Granted, this is a RPG style game (plenty of killing mobs for loot/gear) and not a first person shooter that many reviewers seem to have an expectation of. You will need to work down the health of the AI carefully and methodically. Yes, you can hit a guy in the head 40 times to kill him, but many games have those same mechanicsThe game is very fun and has a great social aspect to it. Granted, this is a RPG style game (plenty of killing mobs for loot/gear) and not a first person shooter that many reviewers seem to have an expectation of. You will need to work down the health of the AI carefully and methodically. Yes, you can hit a guy in the head 40 times to kill him, but many games have those same mechanics as well.

The PvE definitely mode is great fun with friends. The main story line missions can be played on 3 levels- Normal, Hard and Challenging. Each mode gives you greater gear toward your progression of being the ultimate agent. I do wish that there were more of a populated PvE world with other players running around. in the current state of writing this review, It's either you alone or with a group of invited friends.

The Dark Zone (PvPvE) is a great test of one's abilities. Not only do you need to watch out for mobs (AI enemy), but you also need to watch for the rogue agent that is hellbent on taking your loot or griefing you while in a firefight and your health is low. They come right behind you and blast you a few times, take your loot and you respawn without the loot you acquired while in the Dark Zone and lost some DZ xp, DZ currency and DZ lock box keys.

I was a bit disappointed at the fact they downgraded the graphics but that is pretty minor. The current environment is immersive, fantastic and almost true to NYC (I grew up there).

There are some reviews that many of the missions are repetitive and that is true. This is a great foundation and while we all would love variety like GTA5, we definitely can see great things that can be made going forward. I have played on the PS4 console and haven't had many issues with frame rates. I moved the settings to make it more appealing and haven't seen much of a draw down on system resources.

They could make your protagonist (character) better by including dialogue and not just sit there like a boob while others talk to you. The lack of voice script or show of emotions wedges a barrier between the player and their connection to the playable character. It is like Destiny where your character is the silent type that everyone talks to, but you don't respond. I am not trying to sway people in either way about this game. It's a great game that has the frame work of a dynastic RPG style game. I believe with careful consideration, listening to the players and making adjustments to develop a sense of connection of the player to the character, this game can be a benchmark raising game.
  90. Mar 10, 2016
    Incredible well-made technically. I was afraid that there would be major bugs making multiplayer a horrible experience, but it is fantastically smooth and i have had 0 bugs so far. 0 Bugs. Its not even a lie. I cant think of one.
  91. Mar 12, 2016
    Well, I've decided to trade in The Division after less than a week. I'm not sure why I bought it as I didn't like Destiny and have never enjoyed any MMORPG, I guess I was just really hoping I could find the first online co-op game on the PS4 worth playing since Bloodborne as my brothers and I haven't had very much to play together over the last six months.

At best the game could be

At best the game could be described as unambitious but to be honest I've simply found it downright boring. The cover based shooting is functional, but its not even close to being as good as something like Gears of War, and the RPG elements just turn everything into a grind (and don't get me started on the bullet sponge enemies). Add in an instantly forgettable storyline and 6 hours is about as much of The Division as I can take.
  92. Mar 24, 2016
    I waited out a lot to write something about this game and i can say that my enthusiasm hasn't really payed off. I played for 43 hours and 28 minutes and all i can say is that the last 7 have been a really huge bore. The endgame is really lacking and the only reliable way to get gear right now is crafting, which makes replaying missions useless. At the moment i can't say that i am lookingI waited out a lot to write something about this game and i can say that my enthusiasm hasn't really payed off. I played for 43 hours and 28 minutes and all i can say is that the last 7 have been a really huge bore. The endgame is really lacking and the only reliable way to get gear right now is crafting, which makes replaying missions useless. At the moment i can't say that i am looking forward to anything the game has to offer. I will probably be back for incursions, but i will do them once or twice and i will be done. Unless they have some interesting mechanics, which are otherwise lacking in the campaign and dark zone.
    The dark zone is where the division is at its most worst in my opinion. Unless you want to craft things, there is 0 need for you to extract. I heard that the new patch increased the rogue percentage but it's just not enough for me since most of the time the items i get are too boring to extract, and that's what i usually get with 185 scavenging. I had only one yellow drop that wasn't even an upgrade to the vendor stuff. Not even in terms of armor or any other stat that isn't a talent.
    The gameplay is solid but it is severly lacking. There's no variety to anything, since the actives are just that, only actives, and don't require much skill to deploy. The guns are somewhat different and they feel different, which is the only nice thing i can say about the gameplay.
    If you are expecting interesting missions, well, all i can say is that the game is just horde mode. The last boss has some kind of a mechanic (if you pay attention to the dialogues) but can easily be ignored and shot through without any problem.
    What is the most unfortunate thing for me is that i bought the season pass, but i already feel like this is the last game i'm going to play because it is nothing more then a deception and it is so boring it got me bored of gaming in general, and i'm not even salty when i'm saying this.
    Although i cannot say that they failed anything, not even the dark zone is really that bad, it is just boring, which is different from complete failure, this game just doesn't seem to be engaging enough for me to keep playing it. The lack of dropped loot and the lack of boss mechanics really kill it for me.
  93. Mar 12, 2016
    It's a moderate shooter game with good graphics. there's nothing special about it.
    If you were expecting a tactical shooter game with touching scenario or great scenes, you were certainly wrong.
    I would say it's one of the best examples of scam. The marketing team of this game did a great job. They showed 10 but the end product has only 2~3. It had such great potential but Ubisoft

I would say it's one of the best examples of scam.
    It had such great potential but Ubisoft ruined it like always.
    I just cannot believe it took more than about 4 years to make the game.
    It's either the devs ran out of budget/time or the director/person in charge does not have passion.

Rest in peace Tom Clancy. Ubisoft did a **** job even for your posthumous work...
  94. Mar 14, 2016
    This is a fun and well made game. It has some bugs, as all games do when they release nowadays, but I do not judge a game by it's bugs. Bugs will be fixed at some point or another. There are only two main reasons why i have to give this game a 9 instead of a 10.

1. The enemies are bullet sponges. This game has an ultra realistic feel to it. The amount of bullets you have to pour into someone to kill them contradicts the realistic feel of the game.

2. Although it is advertised as an MMO. It actually has a "drop in" style multiplayer like Destiny, Warframe, and Dibalo 3 where you can join other people's games and play with them, but you will never run into another person while out fighting and doing missions. There is one exception to this, the Dark Zone. The Dark Zone is how they can get away with calling this an MMO. It is an open MMO PvP zone where you get the best loot in the game. It's a fairly large zone(About 30-40% of the map).

TLDR: If you like Destiny, Planetside 2, or Defiance, you will probably like this game. Although, the game is not a perfect 10, I will be pouring many late night hours into it with friends.
  95. Mar 15, 2016
    This game does a hell of a lot more things right than it does wrong to start! A few issues aside like recycled dialogue and some clunky controls popping in and out of cover, but the little details from subtle to big are amazing, I mean I just saw a rat fighting with a crow and the rat won Lol! It's little things like that which makes this game so immersive and boy dos graphics!!!!!
  96. Mar 12, 2016
  97. Mar 10, 2016
    Awesome experience for anyone who enjoys a solid MMORPG. A lot of the server issues have been ironed out within hours of launch by a dedicated team. Couldn't recommend it enough.
  98. Mar 10, 2016
    Simply a great game. With a rewarding grinding. Grinders paradise. I was sceptic because it was a UBI release. But they full-filled my expectations. Giving it an 8 because of the lack of some features. No complains with the price of the season pass. 40$ for 3 expansions and monthly rewards plus activities. Destiny Took 40$ for the first two expansions that were Complete CRAP and then 40$Simply a great game. With a rewarding grinding. Grinders paradise. I was sceptic because it was a UBI release. But they full-filled my expectations. Giving it an 8 because of the lack of some features. No complains with the price of the season pass. 40$ for 3 expansions and monthly rewards plus activities. Destiny Took 40$ for the first two expansions that were Complete CRAP and then 40$ more for The Taken King. An entertaining but yet not worth 40$ expansion. Expand
  99. Mar 11, 2016
    The good: Outstanding open-world, strong RPG/MMO component, with an addictive PvPvE (DarkZone). The meh: Early lvl grind (1-12), a few tutorials could have been added early on with regards to attributes, gear stats etc to help one understand better. Overall I've really enjoyed my time with the game. I eagerly look to pick up where I left off the night before, throughout the day (sorryThe good: Outstanding open-world, strong RPG/MMO component, with an addictive PvPvE (DarkZone). The meh: Early lvl grind (1-12), a few tutorials could have been added early on with regards to attributes, gear stats etc to help one understand better. Overall I've really enjoyed my time with the game. I eagerly look to pick up where I left off the night before, throughout the day (sorry work) and have really enjoyed the groups (via Match Making) I've played with on store missions. I think this will be a game MANY stick with for the foreseeable future. A- Expand
  100. Mar 17, 2016
    The game is pretty great for first 20 hours or so until you reach the end game. The endgame content was unsurprisingly lacking, as the beta contents were pretty much all there were. Currently clocked in about 56 hours into the game and I am starting to loath doing same missions and runs every time.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 7, 2016
    It won't win converts to the genre and the plot is problematic, but The Division is a handsome open-world offering, spiked with treachery. [May 2016, p.81]
  2. Edge Magazine
    May 1, 2016
    That's the essential nature, and essential problem, of The Division's underlying structure. It's asking you to hunt gear with no tangible reward in terms of what you can do, how you do it, or what you look like doing it. [May 2016, p.108]
  3. Apr 28, 2016
    It builds a strong foundation on the gameplay front, offering up rewarding combat and simple skills, but doesn’t follow that with anything substantial, being content to let the standard end game grind and excellent-yet-stressful PVP try to cover all the questions its writing leaves you with.