7.6

1. Jan 28, 2014
    Personally I found the game to be mediocre last year, but this is a new low. It's a blatant cashgrab made to exploit the empty window of next-gen titles by releasing the same game again at full price with a few tweaks. If you've already played the game, don't bother with this. If you have yet to play it, either get it on PC, the older systems, or just wait for this to drop to the affordable price that something like this should actually be. 'Definitive', perhaps but 'Essential'? No. Expand
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Upgrading the graphics doesn't make the game better, it's still a boring game full of QTEs, **** cover shooting and puzzles that you can just get the anwser to by pressing a single button.
  3. Jan 28, 2014
    its just a port, i mean its okey if games ask 10 euros so you can play a last gen game on a next gen but, but not 60! also, i the game still looks better on pc :P the chances to this game are minimal and i didnt like the original to begin with so with version isnt much better. if u liked the game, still dont buy it, you have already had your fun with it and as i said the chances are minimal so dont buy this cheap cash grap. Expand
  4. Jan 30, 2014
    Just a quick cash grab. The game was only decent to begin with but now it is just a shameful display of the current gaming industry. Same game is before, slightly better graphics...
  5. Jan 28, 2014
    the game is mediocre alright, I don't get it, instead of making an 'upscale' port why not just make a new game already? 60 bucks for a port? fan or not I think people would pass on this, I'm not paying just to see the difference in graphics. This game barely has any unlockables or rewarding achievements, I could finish in less than a week for a none gamer! I used to play Tomb Raider games for months lol, this game is so short it hardly worth your time, moreover your MONEY. Expand
  6. Jan 31, 2014
    Tomb Raider at one time was a great game series. I remember the thrill of playing Tomb Raider 2 for the first time on PC and thinking it was something special. Now: the series is stale and really should have fade out by now. Tomb Raider tries so hard to be edgy, gritty and fresh that it falls flat on its face. The game feels more like just a video game than any other in the series. The levels (or fake open world) are so badly designed that I (for the first time in my gaming life) just pushed forward and ran past every enemy just to try beat the game so I could trade it. The weapons are useless the enemies hilarious and the plot and cut scenes feel like a deliberately badly made comedy. One section had a locked door and you had to run around a square section of forest with perfectly placed video game platforms to gather wood to upgrade a weapon. I honestly nearly fell asleep.

The game really is a snooze fest I didn’t even bother to complete it. Compared to the last few games I've played The Last Of Us, Bioshock Infinite, GTA 5 (All on ps3). This feels like it belongs on the PS2. Okay, the graphics are nice in places but that doesn’t matter because you spend half the time looking at them in black and white. Yes, they may have spent hours upon hours creating some quite stunning environments but then some idiot though it was a good idea to give you survival sense which takes away all the lovely colors and makes you feel as if your playing the game on an old black and white TV. Why? They could use a GPS system like in Dead Space which doesn’t affect the colour on screen and is not intrusive.. For me this was a real game breaker, it really pulled me out of the game and made me realise, this is just a game.

The plot is not really there either. I skipped half the cut scenes because they were so dull (not something I’d usually do). Also the characters were bland, the script laughable and Lara was dam annoying.

I really wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone who has been playing games for the last twenty years. Kids and new players will no doubt find it fun and challenging but to any seasoned gamers it’s a stale game from a dying series.
  7. Jan 31, 2014
    As for my PS3 this game has been quite enjoyable, but an extra 60 Bucks for some high resolution textures? Come on, you can't be serious about that, right?
    I would be willing to pay an extra of 10 $ for that, but definitely not the full price.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is a prettier version of a dull game. If you are a graphic junkie, then this is worth it...maybe. Last year's edition was suppose to be emotionally engaging, and was up until the point where the person you're supposed to want to protect picks up an Ak47 and starts mowing bad dudes over like a overgrown lawn. The story is pretty mediocre, nothing you can't get from a hundred other games, movies, TV, books, or talking to an old drunk at a bar. Expand
  9. Apr 21, 2014
    Three quarters into the game, three questions come to mind. Will one ever be able to re-sell a digital copy? How does an anemic, lobotomized Uncharted clone earn 85 on Metacritic? And where did the actual tombs and raiding go?

One will never know. What stays for sure is poor writing, bland characters, clunky controls, dull levels and unremarkable gunplay. All the frosting can't quite
    obscure a dud. Expand
  10. Feb 7, 2014
    It crashed on me during a cut-scene, corrupting my file, and I lost all progress. Be prepared for that reality.

The combat was smooth, the graphics were very impressive, exploring was okay (it was another Easter egg hunt), the puzzles were not memorable, and the story was weak with characters being unrelatable. It was sold as "Lara's first adventure in an story of survival!" This is
    your typical cliche action game where the character always takes Option A and it works. "Oh, but there's crying!"

People make decisions based on objectives, and we choose paths that are most useful to ourselves via cost/benefit analysis. It's a weighing process of truths and possibilities. The objectives in the game are cliche; "You'll have to go to the ___ to turn on the ___, in that abandoned ___."
    Why go there? What are the odds of success? What dangers could be there? How does a character never setting foot in the story's location know where to go, if there is equipment there, let alone if it works properly? There is a lot of this contrived junk in the story. When the objectives don't prove to be logical or significant, then you're convinced the character just acts because someone else tells them and they lose believability. Ironically, she continues to say, "Oh my god, this is so stupid." Yes, it is. How does a college girl survive the wild again? At least we could imagine the first Lara spent her riches on some military training. There were some use of 'deus ex machina' too. "How is Lara ever going to get out of this one?!" Oh, there is a grenade launcher at her feet. Triumph ensues.

In conclusion, it's a pretty game with a pretty female for fan-boys to marvel and fill their fantasies with... and their socks. If this game wasn't full of decision-making found in a slasher horror flick, I might have enjoyed it more; not forgetting the game crash. I always appreciate unstable games; they always remind me of my precious time and then I remind sellers by returning them. It's bittersweet, really.
  11. Mar 14, 2014
    Some wapanese-produced drake's influenced game with a little retexture of main character and nothing more for money that i spend. Don't matter what version you have. Game itself is lame on every console.
  12. May 31, 2014
    Great game with great graphics and a great story.... For about 6 hours. Then it is and empty open world game with boring collectibles and NO side quests. There are some tombs that give it a little more play time but don't do much. Could have been great but lacks in replayability and overall length. Its like watching a TV show that only has one very short but powerful episode. Great and all, but if its shorter than most tutorials... why bother? Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    It is better to be relaunched than forgotten. [March 2014]
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Not played the original? Then this is essential, but there's not enough new here for returners. [Apr 2014, p.69]
    I was absolutely wowed by this game the first time I played it through because I was paying so much attention to the cut scenes and redesigned Lara Croft was a joy to behold...But having had a year to sit and consider the game's broader meaning, the second time around the game's flaws are all the more apparent.