8.4

1. Nov 8, 2017
    -Beautiful story and beautiful art
    -its almost a point and click
    -Made me sad at the end
    -kinda short and nothing to do after, I beat it now what?....
  2. Jun 19, 2017
    This was a new thing that Ubisoft did with the indie stuff and I think it worked out. I liked seeing didn't peoples lives during this war. Taking control of multiple people was really cool. It was a good game but lacked in some. Overall fun.
  3. May 14, 2017
    Un juego de puzles en 2d, que ta importancia a la forma de contar la historia, presentar a los personajes y los sucesos, la historia es buena. Un titulo que no es para todo el mundo, si buscais diversion y graficos no es para vosotros, sin embargo, si os gustan los puzles, aunque no sean una maravilla estan bien, y si os gusta la historia, esta es la historia mas emocional contada jamas enUn juego de puzles en 2d, que ta importancia a la forma de contar la historia, presentar a los personajes y los sucesos, la historia es buena. Un titulo que no es para todo el mundo, si buscais diversion y graficos no es para vosotros, sin embargo, si os gustan los puzles, aunque no sean una maravilla estan bien, y si os gusta la historia, esta es la historia mas emocional contada jamas en un videojuego, o por lo menos una de las 5 mas emocionantes jamas contadas en un videojuego. Por cienrto el apartado grafico es bastante bonito, en 2d y como si fuera pintado con pinceles. Expand
  4. Nel
    Mar 29, 2017
    Great story telling, fun engaging. It will grip you, and it will be hard to put down the controller. The game is really engaging and it also brings some world war history.
  5. Mar 14, 2017
    Hmm, i was expecting something little different, but not bad at all. Heartbreaking and real story. I think i would vote more if my nationality was one of heroes.
  6. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 86/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  7. Sep 13, 2016
    A game that tells the story of war without having you firing a single bullet.

A touching narrative told with some really simple but effective mechanics on a canvas that looks like it came straight out of a french comic book.

The heart and charm this title presents is endearing.
  8. Aug 24, 2016
    I was in need of a new game to play and Valiant Hearts happened to be the only game on sale, and I must say that it was a pleasant surprise.
    The story is well written and interesting especially if you are interested in WWI history. Learning about different groups of people, artifacts etc that were involved in and used throughout the war for me was fascinating.
    Since I did not discover

Since I did not discover all the collectables the first time, this game kept my interest enough to have me go back again and play it. Well worth the price.
  9. Jul 24, 2016
    I got this for free (PS PLUS) and it's really a great experience i hope i paid for it when it first came out. It was emotional and exciting experience despite the easy puzzles it's still a great game. Thanks for the game.
  10. Jun 18, 2016
    Valiant Hearts is a beautiful and really enjoyable game. I can't believe I had it available for like a year since it was given for free on PlayStation Plus and I hadn't played it yet. The historical references to The Great War (WW1) give the game a big plus while you learn a lot of history and details about each army involved. It is one of the greatest games I've played on PS4.
  11. May 19, 2016
    Awesome game, soundtrack is just killer, story is epic, and the designs work, it should be at some point in as history lesson, few games can provoke emotions like this. highly recommendable
  12. May 16, 2016
    Interesting story, cool historical facts, good art direction. Boring repetitive gameplay with search and find elements. You do mostly the same things every single mission.
  13. May 13, 2016
    Had it in my ps4 for 6 months but didn't dare to play more than half an hour. I jumped into it last week and could 'nt stop playing until the end : this is a great game and a very good surprice , historically interesting , full of emotions, script is nice, sometimes it repeats the same game play but overall the story is nice to follow and music is also good. If you want to spend a goodHad it in my ps4 for 6 months but didn't dare to play more than half an hour. I jumped into it last week and could 'nt stop playing until the end : this is a great game and a very good surprice , historically interesting , full of emotions, script is nice, sometimes it repeats the same game play but overall the story is nice to follow and music is also good. If you want to spend a good time with kids to entertain them, yourself while also making them learn about this period it is perfect and will last around 5-6 hours of good fun without having you stuck too much. Imagine such a game with modern 3d fps way investment and you would have at last a game with a real story ! Expand
  14. May 9, 2016
    Valiant Hearts: The Great War se suma al top de grandes aventuras gráficas de los videojuegos, en mi caso, en el primer juego. Una gran historia mezclada con puzzles y desafios que combinan a la perfección. Sin duda es uno de los juegos que hay que jugar al completo. Pocos juegos han conseguido emocionarme y Valiant Hearts lo ha hecho.
  15. May 1, 2016
    This is one of the few games that I got emotional at in parts. For a short, 2-D side scrolling puzzle game I actually cared and liked the characters. But not just the characters, the short (real) letters you discover throughout were quite powerful to read, even if they were just simple letters that didn't say much. Knowing they were letters written during WWI I found powerful.

Since on

Since on my first play through I didn't find all the collectables, it has replay value (personally), as I look forward to collecting everything.
    If you're like me and enjoy learning about WWI and hearing stories of what happened, you should enjoy this game.
  16. Apr 1, 2016
    Valiant Hearts: The Great War doesn't bring anything fresh as far as gameplay is concerned (its basic point-and-click), but it doesn't need to. Its strengths lie in its narrative, showcasing the horrors of the war in a way that is approachable to anyone. The artstyle is minimalistic and the soundtrack is just gorgeous.

Unlike a majority of war-based games where you're basically plowing

Unlike a majority of war-based games where you're basically plowing through waves of nameless enemies, for the most part, you're trying to stay away from violence, and when you do face enemies, its in a non-lethal manner, aside from a single instance, and even this is inadvertent. The human element of the war is given top priority. However, this doesn't mean that the game isn't violent. On occasion, you will be surrounded by death, such as dodging gunfire by using a mountain of corpses as cover.

Collectibles that you find along the way also provide interesting facts about each item, and how they were linked to the war, some of which show just how visceral the war was.

All in all, its a very respectful game that pays homage to the fallen, on a subject that usually is glossed over in comparison to World War 2 due to the sheer brutality. As the game states, "we must do our best to honor their sacrifice, and never forget."
  17. Mar 14, 2016
    Beautiful style and beautiful story. The narration in this game is fantastic. Great to see Ubisoft recognising the popularity of indie games and giving the time and funding to a project such as this.
  18. Jan 8, 2016
    This game has an excellent, really moving, captivating story. The setting, music, graphics etc. are great. Game play wise, it is a bit like the old point and click adventures but a lot simpler, which is not necessarily bad. I also loved all the real historical data, why not learning a bit while playing? Not only that, reading those historical facts and the horrors of the war made meThis game has an excellent, really moving, captivating story. The setting, music, graphics etc. are great. Game play wise, it is a bit like the old point and click adventures but a lot simpler, which is not necessarily bad. I also loved all the real historical data, why not learning a bit while playing? Not only that, reading those historical facts and the horrors of the war made me experience the story in a much more intense way (emotionally speaking). Like a good story and point and click adventures (much simpler that the old ones)? Give this one a try. Expand
  19. Dec 27, 2015
    The game's story is touching and beautiful, but I have a problem with the gameplay. The gameplay is very boring even for a 2D game. All you need to do is go from place A to B. Sometimes you have to search stuff in the world and go back and forth, back and forth with ultimately slow speed, since the characters move quite slow. And the constant mumbling of a certain character was incrediblyThe game's story is touching and beautiful, but I have a problem with the gameplay. The gameplay is very boring even for a 2D game. All you need to do is go from place A to B. Sometimes you have to search stuff in the world and go back and forth, back and forth with ultimately slow speed, since the characters move quite slow. And the constant mumbling of a certain character was incredibly annoying over time.

Points for the story, many minus points for the gameplay
  20. Nov 9, 2015
    If you like puzzles, story, history, and classic animation, Valiant Hearts: The Great War is the game for you. In a refreshing turn that I'm sure many will find odd, Valiant Hearts is a war game with very little fighting. Now and then you can clonk a German soldier or fire a cannon, but mostly, you sneak around solving puzzles and rescuing people. This human side of the war is compelling,If you like puzzles, story, history, and classic animation, Valiant Hearts: The Great War is the game for you. In a refreshing turn that I'm sure many will find odd, Valiant Hearts is a war game with very little fighting. Now and then you can clonk a German soldier or fire a cannon, but mostly, you sneak around solving puzzles and rescuing people. This human side of the war is compelling, and even if you despise the puzzles, the characters' stories will compel you to play until completion.

The puzzles themselves are fairly simple. They mostly involve figuring out which lever to pull and how best to use your helper dog. Some puzzles seem rather contrived for the World War I era story. Some puzzles use a sometimes frustrating grenade throw mechanic. Some puzzles are simply pressing buttons at the right time, such as in the rather clever musical driving segments. Mostly though, the puzzles are well though out and quick to ascertain without the in-game hints.

The setting and story are properly grim. The last few missions in particular are a grind, with death and restarts frequent. This is, I believe, a design choice. What better way to show the horror and futility of battle than horrifically difficult and almost futile gameplay. The compelling story drives me on, and in the end, the character's actions are understandable because, well, the game drove me the player to take that same action, make that same choice. As far as puzzlers go, this isn't a "Where's My Water" or "Cut the Rope".

All in all this game is excellent. For a puzzler, the adventure is meaty. With cut scenes, narration, an in game sort of wikipedia about World War I, and some clever use of split screen, this game is a treat to experience. Highly recommend.
  21. Nov 6, 2015
    Another game heavily focused on story telling, and it does its job well. The artstyle is beautiful, finding collectibles feels rewarding, the story itself is sad and memorable. Nice addition to have to your library.
  22. Oct 16, 2015
    Touching and stirring game that deals with real history and emotionally impacts the player. There are some pretty clever puzzles in here and you can easily redo sections if you die. It's focused on immersing you in war so you can experience what it's like.
  23. Oct 5, 2015
    I can't believe i got it for free when i paid a lot of money for some **** games (like Fifa 16).
    Simple game, easy to play. Great story, i like the games that also give some knowledge.
    They made a great job according to the budget used.
  24. Sep 16, 2015
    Despite my burning distaste for Ubisoft, I quite enjoyed this game. I'm echoing the herd at this point, but it was simplistically delivered, and emotionally touching. It manages to humanize rather than villainize soldiers in the unique setting of WWI. This is definitely not for the twitchy types or adrenaline junkies, it's slow paced and easy going, but in the end it hits you right inDespite my burning distaste for Ubisoft, I quite enjoyed this game. I'm echoing the herd at this point, but it was simplistically delivered, and emotionally touching. It manages to humanize rather than villainize soldiers in the unique setting of WWI. This is definitely not for the twitchy types or adrenaline junkies, it's slow paced and easy going, but in the end it hits you right in the feels. Expand
  25. Sep 13, 2015
    I cried...... I cried at the end of this game, I cried hard as I watched everything in the game unfold. Despite the art style of the entire game which some may thinks takes away from the realism of the game, it's perfectly fitting.

The story, the characters, the settings, the gameplay, sounds, visuals, it's all AMAZING! Everything fits together like a glove and the pieces of historical information the game gives to you while playing help portray this war in a very real light, where it was not a war of victory, it was a war for survival.

I cannot express how much I felt touched by this game, how I felt so attached to the characters I played and how everything I saw in this game shocked me to the core and I was in tears when it ended, and I didn't care if anybody saw me.

A perfect 10/10, a thrilling, tension fuelled story, simple gameplay and characters that make you invested, you WILL cry at the end. Just buy it!
  26. Sep 12, 2015
    First of all, I really hate most of the indie games. The fact that the game is indie doesn't mean that it has to constantly remind of my my ZX Spectrum from '85.

That being said, Valiant Hearts is one of the best games I've played this year (2015) and I would immediately recommend it to everyone. Very nice (and distinctive) graphic, beautiful music and very emotional story. The

The gameplay is easy to play, but never gets boring and constantly throws new ideas at you.
  27. Sep 11, 2015
    The story of crossed destinies and a broken love in a world torn apart. All of them will try to survive the horror of the trenches following their faithful canine companion. In Valiant Hearts: The Great War, the lives of all these characters are inextricably drawn together over the course of the game. Friendship, love, sacrifice, and tragedy befall each one as they help each other toThe story of crossed destinies and a broken love in a world torn apart. All of them will try to survive the horror of the trenches following their faithful canine companion. In Valiant Hearts: The Great War, the lives of all these characters are inextricably drawn together over the course of the game. Friendship, love, sacrifice, and tragedy befall each one as they help each other to retain their humanity against the horrors of war. Expand
  28. Sep 10, 2015
    Wonderful game and it's actually possible to 100% it without cheating as the puzzles aren't ridiculously impossible. Once you get the hang of it. Switch to Veteran Mode and then go back and make sure you get all collectables in each Chapter Section. a wonderful game that shouldn't be rushed through and currently £5.60 on PSN right now.
  29. Sep 4, 2015
    Valiant Hearts is a 2D sidescrolling puzzle game that tells a great story during the events of WWI. While its not an action game which one might expect for a game set in a war but it does get a nice balance and pace for the gameplay and story.

Pluses: + Excellent Art. Ubisoft really nailed it with the Aesthetics of this game. Fantastic animation and art with great colours really set

Pluses:
    + Excellent Art. Ubisoft really nailed it with the Aesthetics of this game. Fantastic animation and art with great colours really set the tone of this game

+Nice story with interesting characters. Great story set across multiple characters and how them come together. Its great to see a game set in WWI as you dont get many of them.

Negatives:
    -Not a whole lot of gameplay variety. Being set in WWI you would think it would have more action scenes but it settles with a puzzle/hidden object type of game with one of two scenes being a dodging driving scene.

Overall its not a bad game but it probably wont excite those who expect it to be an action games set in WWI. I certainly enjoyed it and would recommend it to those who enjoy this type of game.
  30. Aug 3, 2015
    I played this game thanks to the PS+ subscription but I'll be reviewing it like if i paid its full price as it is no longer free to download.

What a gem ! This not so indie game (a little budget but a very big experience inside the studio) is a unique, emotional journey inside the World War 1 (a conflict not often use in entertainment) you'll experience through the eyes of four characters the reality of the conflict and even it the game describes the harsh reality it is never too gruesome or depressive.

Now lets talk about the gameplay, contrary at what you would expect from a war game it is not a shooter, neither a RTS it's a puzzle game , although this is clearly not the main point of the game, the puzzles are good enough and use a few different kinds of mechanics, but I strongly recommend to deactivate the help on the puzzles they already easy enough.

Graphically the game is gorgeous thanks to the awesome UbiArt engine, at first I was sceptical about the use of this engine with a war game but I stand corrected, the handed drawn style it didn't bothered me at all and we still feel the tension.

Too bad it is too easy and a little short for the price (it took me a little more than 4 hours to finish the game with all the collectibles) but if you're looking for a strong story and want something different about war that the classic shooters, Valiant Hearts: The Great War is you're game and I truly hope there will be a sequel (maybe about World War 2 ?).

1. Aug 28, 2014
    While it can be completed in less than six hours, it perfectly explores themes and concepts that triple-A titles still have difficulty grasping: gray morality, a poignant, thought-provoking storyline, and appealing gameplay that isn't based on killing everything in sight.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 25, 2014
    Very pretty, but pretty shallow. Unchallenging – both emotionally and as a puzzle-platformer. [September 2014, p71]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Aug 25, 2014
    A short and simple adventure game with strong atmosphere delivered via an unique visual style. If you're looking for something different, this is it. [Issue#244]