War Thunder PlayStation 4

6.0

1. Dec 30, 2013
    War thunder is another great flying game from Russia's Gaijin Entertainment. They have created other great flying games such as IL2 STURMOVIK. This is a fun flying game which is probably the best in its genre. If you play it on the PS4 it cross games with the PC gamers which means more people playing and the beta would be more busy. This is a good game that can keep you busy for a coupleWar thunder is another great flying game from Russia's Gaijin Entertainment. They have created other great flying games such as IL2 STURMOVIK. This is a fun flying game which is probably the best in its genre. If you play it on the PS4 it cross games with the PC gamers which means more people playing and the beta would be more busy. This is a good game that can keep you busy for a couple of hours and the graphics are exceptional. However on the negative side: There is not enough planes to choose and buy. Aswell when you customise your plane there is a little to choose Overall This is a nice Flying MMO which is by the way FREE! Probably one of the best FREE games I have played! This is a great start for the nest-gen free to play gaming! Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    frustrating game, with lots of potential... aerial combat has always been difficult for me and the lack of aim assist options and poor single player campaigns is frustrating...

although its beta the graphics are not worthy of next gen
  3. Jul 9, 2014
    Now if you have never played this game on the PC and would be starting from scratch anyways then this is a must play for anyone who likes flight sims and or combat.

But.... If you are already a long time PC player, The game will not let you link your existing account. That right their ruins the experience, after sinking countless hours grinding my way in this pay to win game with out

But.... If you are already a long time PC player,
    The game will not let you link your existing account. That right their ruins the experience, after sinking countless hours grinding my way in this pay to win game with out spending money I now have to start from scratch. I can do without this game and if you have been playing it on PC you can too.

3 out of 10 if you already have a PC account

8 out of 10 if you have never played it before
  4. iXF
    Feb 22, 2014
    Совершенно не работает никакой кроссплеи с PC. Не возможно пользоваться старым аккаунтом на PS4, а с новосозданного на PS4 нельзя зайти в PC версию. В меню провалы fps. Само по себе меню игры не адаптированно под геймпад.
  5. Jun 11, 2014
    Probably the most realistic flight-sim game available for the WW-II era, and free to play, so as a simulator it's pretty good. But as a game it kinda stinks, since game-play is totally repetitive (go into battle; shoot things down; get shot down; repeat; see the same map; use the same planes; repeat again; get bored; repeat again again) and since imbalances in favor of certain nations /Probably the most realistic flight-sim game available for the WW-II era, and free to play, so as a simulator it's pretty good. But as a game it kinda stinks, since game-play is totally repetitive (go into battle; shoot things down; get shot down; repeat; see the same map; use the same planes; repeat again; get bored; repeat again again) and since imbalances in favor of certain nations / airplanes are never addressed by the developers. The community of players is rapidly learning to shut up about the game's weaknesses, because negative feedback leads to immediately falsified records which support bans or similar control-the-community measures. Try to submit a bug report? Get banned! Ask in public why you got banned? Get banned again!

Wait? What about money? Can they ban you if you paid something? Yes. See, War Thunder claims to be in perpetual Beta, but it'll take your money! And then change the game so that the cool new plane you just bought is no longer half as effective. Pay at your own risk ... a funny but futile attempt by members of a rather non-market-oriented culture to create "market friendly" goods, by DEMANDING that the market be SUPPLIED with their product. See, supply-and-demand? Right ... you silly Russkies, that's NOT how it's supposed to work!

I think it could be a great game because it has such a great simulator-engine running behind all the airplanes. But because the people making the simulator don't know how to make a decent game, the only thing they've got is an excellent simulator masquerading as an annoying game that will slowly die because of their dreadfully abusive attitude toward their player-base. Pay money? Get banned! Oops ...
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    Кого может затянуть данная игра ? Не меня. Почему ? Да потому что тут все строится на донате. Отличная графика, физика, неплохая ветка развития. Но. Одно большое Но - кроме аркадных боев, в остальные режимы вы играть не будете. Нет, не потому что там сложно, нет упреждения огня и прочее. Просто потому, что это ужасно скучно. Единственный годный режим - аркадные бои : быстрые, насыщенные,Кого может затянуть данная игра ? Не меня. Почему ? Да потому что тут все строится на донате. Отличная графика, физика, неплохая ветка развития. Но. Одно большое Но - кроме аркадных боев, в остальные режимы вы играть не будете. Нет, не потому что там сложно, нет упреждения огня и прочее. Просто потому, что это ужасно скучно. Единственный годный режим - аркадные бои : быстрые, насыщенные, вполне и вполне годные, но опять же - все это упирается в донат. Не хотите качаться с месяц до 4 ранга самолетов ? Нет проблем, можете купить деньги(орлы) за реал. валюту. Что ? А как же опыт, его ведь не купишь ! А вот и нет, опыт вы тоже можете купить, проще говоря, вы можете зайти в эту игру, закинуть 2-3к рублей, и вуаля, вы уже на 3-4 ранге самолетов. Ну, а если вы все же честный игрок, который часами просиживал и набивал очки исследований и деньги, вкачивал новые пушки и обработку фюзеляжа в своего крылатого друга, не удивляйтесь, если вас с двух выстрелов убьет самолет врага за донат. Все, что есть в этой игре хорошего, абсолютно все, перекрывается донатом. Ну, а так, годная игра, для тех, кому хочется посрывать нервы. Спасибо. Expand
  7. Aug 5, 2014
    Definitely worth a shot. Great for f2p however, I get the feeling I'm only playing it due to a lack of quality ps4 games. Graphics are good. Plane selection is amazing. Ultra steep learning curve. You will be at a distinct disadvantage for a long time as a beginner... especially if you don't drop a few (actual) dollars to upgrade your crew, boost your plane research, or buy a decentDefinitely worth a shot. Great for f2p however, I get the feeling I'm only playing it due to a lack of quality ps4 games. Graphics are good. Plane selection is amazing. Ultra steep learning curve. You will be at a distinct disadvantage for a long time as a beginner... especially if you don't drop a few (actual) dollars to upgrade your crew, boost your plane research, or buy a decent plane. It's GREAT to be able to use mouse + keyboard for a console.
    One thing hinders my enjoyment immensely - most rounds just don't feel fair. Most of my kills come from loading a plane with so much lead that it can't carry the weight anymore and it just sinks into the ground (while satisfying, it often takes just under a minute of chase and firing), yet when I get killed I am blown into several pieces in the air almost immediately by someone that never seemed to appear on my radar. I'm guessing since this is a cross-platform game, the PC users have some sort of advantage, because there's no way people that dispatch of my planes so quickly are experience the same herky-jerky aiming that I am with my mouse. Don't bother if you are going to try to use the dualshock 4... you will not compete. If you're like me and wondering why you even bought a ps4 at this point due to the lack of games, you probably won't be disappointed playing this one for a week or two.
  8. Nel
    Mar 22, 2017
    Free to play war tanks game with some chance to drive different kind of aircrafts. The game is enjoyable, for a short while, but the flying part is extremely hard with little help.
  9. Jun 12, 2016
    great concept, endless downloads and updates,... few players use mikes, newbs are usually cannon fodder and eventually, depending on your interest level, it becomes predictable and repetitive. If there was an easy way to set up voice comm in a battle, it would help. maps are nice and big and allow for flanking movement.
  10. Jul 13, 2017
    For a free game it is quite good. War Thunder is a dream come true for World War 2 and Korean War enthusiast. The aerial combat is the best thing about this game.

1. Jul 9, 2014
    While the initial learning curve is daunting, this is one of those games that opens up dramatically the more that you play it, so the time commitment is worthwhile whether you're a laidback dogfighter or a hardcore simmer.
  2. Jul 6, 2014
    The Ground Forces expansion makes War Thunder even bigger than it was already, an MMO F2P that lets you choose the war you want: simulation or arcade, air or ground, challenging or relaxing, competitive or cooperative, free or with fee, PC or PS4.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    It’s mostly the moments in between battles that bring the whole experience down, as a lack of information and poor menus tarnish this flying ace.