7.0

1. Dec 7, 2014
    Underrated... Period. AAA Game Studios get your pencils and start taking notes.... Played the game straight for a month and then on/off for another 3 when the PS4 launched. Biggest surprise of a game I've come across. Loved blasting through the procedurally generated maps with my diverse group of Tenno, and their crazy diverse makeup due to the mod system. Love the unique art design, andUnderrated... Period. AAA Game Studios get your pencils and start taking notes.... Played the game straight for a month and then on/off for another 3 when the PS4 launched. Biggest surprise of a game I've come across. Loved blasting through the procedurally generated maps with my diverse group of Tenno, and their crazy diverse makeup due to the mod system. Love the unique art design, and the game play was great fun. Rusty around some of the edges, but solid. Immediately met more than a few long-term gaming friends via in game chat, and expanded on that with our own personalized "dojo". After months of gaming started to feel a little dab when the grind came.... (What game doesn't have it, at this point :)... ) Needed a change up, so played around on a few other "next gen" offerings. Recently logged back in after Destiny's round 1 wasn't as anticipated. And low and behold; I'm impressed, and playing again. I had to blink twice, graphics looked better and Archwing WHAT!? Love the way this team continues to innovate and introduces new things to do. So what it costs a little coin at some point. I've been used to forking out $180 a yr to Blizzard ($15 a month. WoW sub). Paying $60 for the slots is no big deal. I'll gladly pay it if the $/time value is right. And let me tell you this game delivers that in spades. Just look up the 2yr Warframe summary on Google, enough said. This studio puts out more content than anyone in the PS4 industry right now... Where Arch-wing is going is just genius. The new tile set variations make some of the other reviews on here obsolete. Monthly, daily, and weekly events keep things interesting. Factions with actual rewards. Love it. This game has a lot to be discovered and that is part of the journey. Factions, player hubs (coming), diversified and rewarding events, plentiful true exclusive content that give YOU personality (IE enough content that when someone misses it they don't feel they are left out, because to attain it all is hardly possible), continually evolving universe, again... personalityyyy... This game is were "replay-ability" is happening in the current. Until developers can capitalize on the idea portrayed in No Man's Sky. "This" , in my opinion is the best example yet. To each their own. But as for me, a "sci-fi" lovin, first/third person who gives a lovin, super-power toatin', take soma' my ' _insertfavoriteweapon_ to the... / melee as a primary WHAT! :) ! ... Love this game!

Gave it a rounded up 9.5. My 10 wish list includes improves improved dual-shock vibration to give a more unique feel to weapons and add polish, continued capitalization on the graphics optimization, keep digging into that story... more immersion, and most importantly.. Keep doing what you're already doing. Re-defining the norm .... and I'll keep giving you my money :)
  2. Dec 21, 2014
    honestly this game feels like a improved version of destiny. I mean it is a ton of fun and will definitely keep me entertained until bloodborne comes out. Also if you are a person and you give this game a lower score than destiny, cod, or any given mario series.... just die for me thanks ;*. oh and the pay for stuff you can earn relatively easily so no harm no foul.
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    Absolutely one of the top 3 if not 1# of all F2P games i have ever played. 300+ Hours of enjoyment speak for themselves. If you have seen this game grow into what it is now you just have to be proud of the developers. But ATTENTION: This game will change very often! Weekly updates and major updates almost monthly. Some people might be upset about the fundamental changes of the game thatAbsolutely one of the top 3 if not 1# of all F2P games i have ever played. 300+ Hours of enjoyment speak for themselves. If you have seen this game grow into what it is now you just have to be proud of the developers. But ATTENTION: This game will change very often! Weekly updates and major updates almost monthly. Some people might be upset about the fundamental changes of the game that come pretty quick but in my opinion this makes the game pretty alive and i don´t mind that the developers sometimes test new things or take a step into the wrong direction because they learn from their mistakes and listen to the community. So if there´s an update that destroys content you liked before be sure to have a hotfix inbound the same week in most cases! Expand
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    For what you pay for this game is Great...Wait You pay NOTHING. the graphics could be a bit better but they are still good. the game-play is fun and even funner if you have a friend to play with. and its nice that you can build just about anything for your character or if you wand you can get them through micro transactions. the combat somewhat reminds me of Mass Effect but without theFor what you pay for this game is Great...Wait You pay NOTHING. the graphics could be a bit better but they are still good. the game-play is fun and even funner if you have a friend to play with. and its nice that you can build just about anything for your character or if you wand you can get them through micro transactions. the combat somewhat reminds me of Mass Effect but without the cover system. If you don't have this game you should at least try it out whats it going to cost you? NOTHING Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2014
    Let me start by saying "wow, this is free?". Its rare these days to find a game with so much content, let alone a free game with this much content. Considering you can pay $49.99 for angry birds on ps4, this is a no-brainer.

I think we've gotten too used to having games you can wrap in a day or even a week, and this game could potentially take you more than a year to fully master if you have, you know, a life beyond gaming. Its extiemely refreshing to see a publisher make a game that can't be finished in a weekend. Not since the days of diablo 2, and possibly world of warcraft have you seen a game that takes this long. And in my opinion, thats what sets it apart from a lot of other games these days.

The gameplay has a decent learning curve that, while difficult, brings an appropriate degree of difficulty to the table. I don't want a game thats mindlessly easy, I need something that will take a while to get really good at. The gunplay is suitably challenging, likewise for the swordplay. Though the swordplay can be a little counter productive at times. I question wether a melee targeting system would be beneficial though, as I feel it would take away the challenge, and thus the satisfaction of cutting baddies in half with a well-timed strike.

The crafting system reflects my earlier statement of this game takes a while. Getting all the mats needed to make a gun or sword or warframe can definitely take a while, but again, it adds to the replay value. I personally view the microtransaction aspect as a bonus, the game itself IS free after all. And while some have said the prices are a little steep, I again think its appropriate, given that $60 is not enough to unlock every single item, and thus remove the incentive to spend the time it takes to play this properly.

The modifications you can make to your gear are also near infinite. With the ability to not only upgrade your weaponry AND abilities, but to upgrade the UPGRADES is something new to me, at least in its implementation. You can spend more time customizing than it takes to wrap call of duty: ghosts. Even down to the color scheme of your whole gear set. Oh, did I mention this game is free?

All that being said, my main gripe comes from the lack of instructions. Upgrading, even the gameplay is not very well explained, and thats where it loses a point. Overall, the game makes up for it with sheer content volume, and frequent updates. Also, do NOT come into this game with a run-of-the-mill shooter mindset. This is definitely a form of action rpg in my opinion, with the grinding and itemization. It just happens to also be a shooter. If you've come this far in my review and are still on the fence, let me hammer this home for you. This. Game. Is. Free. It won't cost you a dime unless you get greedy and decide you want fancy gadgets with minimal effort. Even then, theres plenty of game here. Absolutely %100 worth a spin. Just don't come expecting call of duty... see you in the void!
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    I made it to Ch 4 in Killzone. I was kind of bored, so I tried Warframe. I haven't booted up Killzone since that. Warframe just scratches that itch for me. It's fun. The co-op matches are varied. Sometimes you have to defend an object, sometimes just survive, sometimes capture, or sometimes kill a target.

A big part of the fun is leveling up your gear and swapping out mods to suit

A big part of the fun is leveling up your gear and swapping out mods to suit your playstyle. It might feel like farming/grinding to some, but the maps are different every time. The set pieces are numerous enough that it hasn't felt overly repetitive for me. I'm many hours in and still having fun.
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    PC PLAYERS ON PS4 READ: Don't forget you can skip that tutorial

PC PLAYERS ON PS4 READ: Don't forget you can skip that tutorial

I played Warframe on the PC and all I can say is what the hell DE? What did you do to the Braton and the Lato; made em into nerf guns lol. Anyway, my PC sucks so when I played it on the PS4 I immedeatly noticed the fidelity of the game's graphics and FPS making it a great F2P title for the PS4. The gameplay is sound however I must warn all PS4 players that you should probably check the sensitivity and do not worry about your weapon sucking because they will get much better *Cough* *Cough* get the Boltor.

READ THIS FOR MICROTRANSACTION WARNING
    I must warn all of you PS4 newbies though that if you haven't played Warframe on the PC, then you'll probably notice the Microtransactions of the game. You will either love it or hate but more than likely hate the weapons slots and Warframe slots. It isn't Pay to Win but it is annoying nevertheless.

This game gets an 8/10 for maintaining the great gampelay of Warframe from PC and instead giving us low end PC players a chance to experience 60 FPS on the PS4.
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    The game is downright amazing. Even better than many paid games on the PS4's launch. Why people would rate it poorly, is beyond comprehension. There's a nearly endless amount of levels, tons of customization and weapons (and warframe suits), and most importantly endless fun online with 3 other people. When you have more FUN than CoD and Killzone combined, you know they did this right.The game is downright amazing. Even better than many paid games on the PS4's launch. Why people would rate it poorly, is beyond comprehension. There's a nearly endless amount of levels, tons of customization and weapons (and warframe suits), and most importantly endless fun online with 3 other people. When you have more FUN than CoD and Killzone combined, you know they did this right.

On top of that? It's free. That's right... doesn't cost a nickel. Have I given them money? Sure, about 20 dollars. But everything other than color options for your warframe can be earned without paying by grinding through the game to find items to forge your new acquisitions.

So even if you're cheap and refuse to pay a penny, you get a fully realized, addicting, and most importantly FUN game. Rating it anything less than a 10 honestly doesn't make a lick of sense..
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    review update since there are more updates and stuff.

a lot of the lag is fixed, they added some new warframes. the game once you understand it is pretty great. there is lots of value in getting better gear, getting orokin void keys and running those levels, farming bosses for warframe part drops. the game is fun. but many levels involve annoying platforming elements which suck.
    review update since there are more updates and stuff.

the game is fun. but many levels involve annoying platforming elements which suck. other than that it isn't bad though.

overall, one of the best ps4 games out right now, and best of all it's free. 9/10 easily especially for the price, can't wait for more updates.
  10. Jan 28, 2014
    First of all its not pay to win. When you play this game the 1 time its hard to understand what ur objective is. I played it on the pc and i dindt like it my first impression and the controlls on pc sux. When i bought my ps 4 i give it a try again. This game is allot of fun if you a little patience. The basics of the game u need to learn by yourself or wikipedia. If u want to get fastFirst of all its not pay to win. When you play this game the 1 time its hard to understand what ur objective is. I played it on the pc and i dindt like it my first impression and the controlls on pc sux. When i bought my ps 4 i give it a try again. This game is allot of fun if you a little patience. The basics of the game u need to learn by yourself or wikipedia. If u want to get fast stuff u can buy platinium but i advice u dont do that at start. Later in the game you will understand that u can find stuff very easy without the paying. Play this game with friends and you will have a very good time. If u like organization this game is fun to u can make ur CLAN the way u want it (STRUCTURES) Expand
  11. Apr 1, 2015
    Warframe is not only a game that looks polished and gorgeous, but it is a fair opportunity for players to revive Killzone type fun, but for free. The free to play model is unconvincingly good, with extra weapon mods and in game currency to be bought, but I played Warframe without spending a single penny. There is no energy bar, so you can spend hours looting and grinding for items withWarframe is not only a game that looks polished and gorgeous, but it is a fair opportunity for players to revive Killzone type fun, but for free. The free to play model is unconvincingly good, with extra weapon mods and in game currency to be bought, but I played Warframe without spending a single penny. There is no energy bar, so you can spend hours looting and grinding for items with your friends for no cost. But, then there are the really boring missions, with a bland story and really bad A.I help. But you can ignore that and jump straight into social multiplayer with a Destiny-Like MMO hub, where players can chat and become friends. I found more friends in Warframe than the godforsaken Destiny, where every player countsand is treated as a total sh*tbag. So, you find no classy jerks like the ones in Destiny's hub and you get to play for free. And as an icing on the cake, the game itself runs smooth. With fast paced 3rd Person Shooter mechanics, smooth leg tricks and an awesome katana that slices you enemies in half. I played as a Tenno, who can use force fields and bullet attractors to magnetically pull bullets out of other's guns! It's that awesome. There are some pther free to play games on PS Store and Loadout and DC Universe Online are downloading in my queue, but I'd rather play another round of Warframe with my friends than crazily shooting lunatics in Visceral's Battlefield Hardline. And the PS4 version is the best version to experiance Warframe. Now, if you will excuse me, I want to feed my addictive itch of shooting more robots and aliens and slashing them in half with my katana. Expand
  12. May 13, 2014
    This game literally is the true definition of F2P as it doesn't make you pay for a single thing, where as everything can made in the foundry. Only things the game makes you pay is Visual Effects such as colors and scarfs, but the kicker is the Micro Transaction Money can be traded for in game property such as mods or Parts. If you don't have PS Plus and want a game that doesn't nickle andThis game literally is the true definition of F2P as it doesn't make you pay for a single thing, where as everything can made in the foundry. Only things the game makes you pay is Visual Effects such as colors and scarfs, but the kicker is the Micro Transaction Money can be traded for in game property such as mods or Parts. If you don't have PS Plus and want a game that doesn't nickle and dime you for anything i truly recommend this game. One thing that that set me from giving this a ten was that it doesn't have much of a story , but it makes up with it by its expansive lore on its official Wiki page. This is a highly underrated game that needs to be discovered. Most people that called it pay to win haven't truly played it to the point where everything is available. Another thing that doesn't stick to well is the frame rate issues it can have due to crazy moments where a lot is going on or the host doesn't have good connection. Expand
  13. Feb 11, 2015
    This is completely free, you do not need to pay to win. I truly admire the developers approach to this game's pay model, as you achieve anything without paying a penny. However, this means nothing if the game itself is not fun, and I have to say this game is a huge amount of fun.

There is a lot of variety of classes, missions, weapons, etc. You never play the same game twice since the maps are always different, which is a very clever idea that the developers have used.

It seems like the game is constantly under development and it has undergone cast improvement since it was released and I really would recommend anyone to try it.
  14. Oct 23, 2014
    After saving up for about 5 months I finally picked up a PS4 and since there wasn't any money left for purchasing games I browsed through the Ps Store and stumbled upon Warframe. I was familiar with the game from steam and I had watched a few videos but after reading a couple of daunting reviews I decided it's not worth destroying my low capabilities laptop with a game that heavy to run.After saving up for about 5 months I finally picked up a PS4 and since there wasn't any money left for purchasing games I browsed through the Ps Store and stumbled upon Warframe. I was familiar with the game from steam and I had watched a few videos but after reading a couple of daunting reviews I decided it's not worth destroying my low capabilities laptop with a game that heavy to run.

Since that wasn't an issue on the PS4 I decided I'd give it a go as there wasn't anything better to do, and I must say I am utterly and pleasantly surprised thus far. First of all it is my humble opinion that the developers have done a marvelous job with the character designs and the overall game aesthetics. I would dare say that so much 'badassery' and 'coolness' is rarely found. Futuristic ninjas (20 of them) so well designed that would make even the best of animations of every other game out there envy the looks of every single one of the warframes and each and every one of them customizeable to the point it becomes ridiculous. Other than appearance, the movement, poise, stance, attack animations and everything else there is regarding the overall image of the Tenno (that's how the warframes are called) is just 'icy' cool and amazing. Do a wall run, land, run, slide, pull out your bow, grab an arrow and aim it right to the enemy's head while still sliding... Yeah, that can happen. Bow yes, bows, swords, axes, hachets, knuckles, polearms, glaves, rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, smgs... Name it. It's available. All with amazing movesets that makes you enjoy beating enemies to a pulp or chopping them to pieces endlessly.

Now concerning gameply, I'd say it could be smoother but that doesn't mean it's not fun. It's a stealth-hack and slass-shooter mash up that doesn't do any of those anywhere near perfect but then I can't really remember any other game that actually does. Having said that, I have actually found my self, depending on the mission, having tons of fun while either slashing away DMC style, shooting Mass Effect style, or stealth killing Splinter Cell style. Everything is there for you and the possibilities are endless if you have patience and know where to look. If you find yourself overwhelmed by paying users and do nothing than picking up drops on a mission you can always disable matchmaking and go solo, and that's where I've had the most fun; just doing things my way and on my pace. There are a lot of types of missions and bosses, and yes it can get a bit repetitive but when there is the option of playing a mission with 20 different warframes (characters) with unique sets of abilities, I think repetitiveness is not a problem you'll have to worry about early on. Concerning how much time it'll take to actually build(yes build, you don't have to buy them necessarily and I'll get to that later) all of the warframes, and level them up and enjoy them to their maximum capabilities I'd say you could be in it for a long long time. So trust me, duration is not an issue on this game as it plays as an MMO and can have you hooked for ages, especially if you DON'T pay to win.

As you very well know the game is free to play, a fact that in most cases translates to a pay to win situation and that's what people are saying about warframe as well. First of all there's no wining involved... It's not a competitive multiplayer game, even though there is an option for that as well. It's mostly co-op and could be a lot of solo as well. So you can have your own fun without just blasting everything away one shot, which actually not that much fun in my opinion. Fun in gaming comes from challenge and this game is challenging for the non paying user and even encourages you to slowly nuild your way up through a long, fun and challenging experience. Almost everything is available for the non paying user if he/she has the patience to build them which requires the most simple of activities concerning gaming and that is actually playing through the game. Play the game long enough and you'll be highly rewarded. Now if that's not the mechanics all true gamers are looking for, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I'm exceeding the word limit here so I'll just close it up and say that I bothered writing this review cause I've seen a lot of hate for this game and for no particular reason really. I think those who are being judgemental just haven't played it enough. If you love 3rd person shooters and ninjas as much as I do I urge to give this FREE TO PLAY game a try.
  15. Nov 10, 2014
    I have been playing Warframe on the PlayStation 4 going on 1 year now. The first thing that Caught my eye for Warframe was the that it was Free to Play.

First off Warframe is still considered in Beta although i do not think this term properly explains the way Warframe is. Warframe is more like an Early Access game at this point all progress will remain but the game is still being built up for example the drastic changes in UI brought about via Title update 14 as such the game in my opinion is around 50% done with plenty more to come when it ends it's "Beta."

With all Free to play games there do come the most hated part by some "Micro-Transactions" however in my opinion Warframe got the model right. While you can purchase almost all the weapons and Warframes, you can acquire all the Weapons and Warframes in the game by playing missions either to get the parts or materials. The only thing that DE(Digital Extremes) has locked behind Platinum(Premium Currency) are Cosmetic items such as color palettes and additional armor pieces that are Cosmetic only. You start out with 2 Warframe Inventory slots 1 already taken by your starting Warframe and 5 for your weapons. while this does not seem like very many Slots to start with they are priced well early on and while still being new to the game is more than enough to get you started.

now if you are not one who wants to spend anything on the game you can earn Platinum by going through missions acquiring Mods , and Prime Weapon Parts and Void Keys to sell to other players for platinum Via the Trade System. (Must be a Mastery Rank 2 to unlock access to trade). By selling items you can acquire additional weapon and Warframe slots with Ease.

Game play on Warframe is quite fluid while the rare occasional bug creeps up that is best explained that the game is still in Beta and changing drastically with each new update.

Warframes each come with a set of 4 Abilities that allow them to affect the flow of Combat as well as your weapon choices. each Warframe can be enhanced by adding Mod Cards that affect things such as armor Shield Health and more.

There are a Vast choice of Weapons in Warframe currently as of this posting over 125 choices between primary secondary and Melee . each weapon can also be customized in damage type by adding any kind of elemental damage to most weapons ( Fire, Ice, Toxin, Lightning ) as well as damage types by combination of the four base types( Radiation, corrosive, Blast , Viral , Gas, Magnetic, ) so there are a great many ways each weapon can be Modified.

The maps have a semi Dynamic approach to them where the Mission will not be the exact same each time. while certain rooms will look and feel familiar the way they are laid out may not be the same each time you play it . When you take into Account that Each map is either a Faction Facility or Ship in Space it makes sense that there would be Similarities in Design each time you play but it is different enough to keep it feeling fairly fresh.

while Warframe has some issues with some FPS issues on the PS4 as well as a couple of glitches with the UI when taken into account that this is in my opinion an "Early Access Game" it becomes a little easier to take the bugs as the come knowing they will be fixed.

Warframe has one of the Best FTP models i have seen and I am looking forward to the years to come it is a fun game with plenty of content to keep you playing.

I Suggest if you have not tried it yet you should pick it up and give it a go , there is no reason to pay for Platinum unless you want to and want to support the Developers.
    Since it is Free to Play you can download and play it Absolutely Free and does not require PS Plus to play with friends.

1. May 15, 2014
    One year from now, Warframe will be a distant memory, almost completely forgotten. It's one of those games that just doesn't leave a clear mark. Then again, it does offer violence with swords, and it does it for free. What's the worst that could happen?
  2. May 11, 2014
    Warframe is a decent grind-based F2P shooter. [Feb 2014]
  3. May 2, 2014
    Warframe is a good free-to-play TPS, but the action is too repetitive to make it an essential.