6.8

1. Nov 21, 2013
    I made it to Ch 4 in Killzone. I was kind of bored, so I tried Warframe. I haven't booted up Killzone since that. Warframe just scratches that itch for me. It's fun. The co-op matches are varied. Sometimes you have to defend an object, sometimes just survive, sometimes capture, or sometimes kill a target.

A big part of the fun is leveling up your gear and swapping out mods to suit
    your playstyle. It might feel like farming/grinding to some, but the maps are different every time. The set pieces are numerous enough that it hasn't felt overly repetitive for me. I'm many hours in and still having fun. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    Absolutely one of the top 3 if not 1# of all F2P games i have ever played. 300+ Hours of enjoyment speak for themselves. If you have seen this game grow into what it is now you just have to be proud of the developers. But ATTENTION: This game will change very often! Weekly updates and major updates almost monthly. Some people might be upset about the fundamental changes of the game that come pretty quick but in my opinion this makes the game pretty alive and i don´t mind that the developers sometimes test new things or take a step into the wrong direction because they learn from their mistakes and listen to the community. So if there´s an update that destroys content you liked before be sure to have a hotfix inbound the same week in most cases! Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2013
    PC PLAYERS ON PS4 READ: Don't forget you can skip that tutorial

I played Warframe on the PC and all I can say is what the hell DE? What did you do to the Braton and the Lato; made em into nerf guns lol. Anyway, my PC sucks so when I played it on the PS4 I immedeatly noticed the fidelity of the game's graphics and FPS making it a great F2P title for the PS4. The gameplay is sound however
    I must warn all PS4 players that you should probably check the sensitivity and do not worry about your weapon sucking because they will get much better *Cough* *Cough* get the Boltor.

READ THIS FOR MICROTRANSACTION WARNING
    I must warn all of you PS4 newbies though that if you haven't played Warframe on the PC, then you'll probably notice the Microtransactions of the game. You will either love it or hate but more than likely hate the weapons slots and Warframe slots. It isn't Pay to Win but it is annoying nevertheless.

This game gets an 8/10 for maintaining the great gampelay of Warframe from PC and instead giving us low end PC players a chance to experience 60 FPS on the PS4.
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    The game is downright amazing. Even better than many paid games on the PS4's launch. Why people would rate it poorly, is beyond comprehension. There's a nearly endless amount of levels, tons of customization and weapons (and warframe suits), and most importantly endless fun online with 3 other people. When you have more FUN than CoD and Killzone combined, you know they did this right.

On top of that? It's free. That's right... doesn't cost a nickel. Have I given them money? Sure, about 20 dollars. But everything other than color options for your warframe can be earned without paying by grinding through the game to find items to forge your new acquisitions.

So even if you're cheap and refuse to pay a penny, you get a fully realized, addicting, and most importantly FUN game. Rating it anything less than a 10 honestly doesn't make a lick of sense..
  5. Feb 15, 2014
    review update since there are more updates and stuff.

a lot of the lag is fixed, they added some new warframes. the game once you understand it is pretty great. there is lots of value in getting better gear, getting orokin void keys and running those levels, farming bosses for warframe part drops.

the game is fun. but many levels involve annoying platforming elements which suck.
    other than that it isn't bad though.

overall, one of the best ps4 games out right now, and best of all it's free. 9/10 easily especially for the price, can't wait for more updates.
  6. Dec 12, 2013
    For what you pay for this game is Great...Wait You pay NOTHING. the graphics could be a bit better but they are still good. the game-play is fun and even funner if you have a friend to play with. and its nice that you can build just about anything for your character or if you wand you can get them through micro transactions. the combat somewhat reminds me of Mass Effect but without the cover system. If you don't have this game you should at least try it out whats it going to cost you? NOTHING Expand
  7. Jan 28, 2014
    First of all its not pay to win. When you play this game the 1 time its hard to understand what ur objective is. I played it on the pc and i dindt like it my first impression and the controlls on pc sux. When i bought my ps 4 i give it a try again. This game is allot of fun if you a little patience. The basics of the game u need to learn by yourself or wikipedia. If u want to get fast stuff u can buy platinium but i advice u dont do that at start. Later in the game you will understand that u can find stuff very easy without the paying. Play this game with friends and you will have a very good time. If u like organization this game is fun to u can make ur CLAN the way u want it (STRUCTURES) Expand
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    Let me start by saying "wow, this is free?". Its rare these days to find a game with so much content, let alone a free game with this much content. Considering you can pay $49.99 for angry birds on ps4, this is a no-brainer.

I think we've gotten too used to having games you can wrap in a day or even a week, and this game could potentially take you more than a year to fully master if you
    have, you know, a life beyond gaming. Its extiemely refreshing to see a publisher make a game that can't be finished in a weekend. Not since the days of diablo 2, and possibly world of warcraft have you seen a game that takes this long. And in my opinion, thats what sets it apart from a lot of other games these days.

The gameplay has a decent learning curve that, while difficult, brings an appropriate degree of difficulty to the table. I don't want a game thats mindlessly easy, I need something that will take a while to get really good at. The gunplay is suitably challenging, likewise for the swordplay. Though the swordplay can be a little counter productive at times. I question wether a melee targeting system would be beneficial though, as I feel it would take away the challenge, and thus the satisfaction of cutting baddies in half with a well-timed strike.

The crafting system reflects my earlier statement of this game takes a while. Getting all the mats needed to make a gun or sword or warframe can definitely take a while, but again, it adds to the replay value. I personally view the microtransaction aspect as a bonus, the game itself IS free after all. And while some have said the prices are a little steep, I again think its appropriate, given that $60 is not enough to unlock every single item, and thus remove the incentive to spend the time it takes to play this properly.

The modifications you can make to your gear are also near infinite. With the ability to not only upgrade your weaponry AND abilities, but to upgrade the UPGRADES is something new to me, at least in its implementation. You can spend more time customizing than it takes to wrap call of duty: ghosts. Even down to the color scheme of your whole gear set. Oh, did I mention this game is free?

All that being said, my main gripe comes from the lack of instructions. Upgrading, even the gameplay is not very well explained, and thats where it loses a point. Overall, the game makes up for it with sheer content volume, and frequent updates. Also, do NOT come into this game with a run-of-the-mill shooter mindset. This is definitely a form of action rpg in my opinion, with the grinding and itemization. It just happens to also be a shooter. If you've come this far in my review and are still on the fence, let me hammer this home for you. This. Game. Is. Free. It won't cost you a dime unless you get greedy and decide you want fancy gadgets with minimal effort. Even then, theres plenty of game here. Absolutely %100 worth a spin. Just don't come expecting call of duty... see you in the void!

1. Warframe is an enjoyable free-to-play co-op shooter that's held back by confusing interface. [January 2014, p81]
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    Warframe is worth your time, especially on PS4 with its limited array of games. [02/2014, p.56]
  3. Jan 23, 2014