Watch Dogs PlayStation 4

6.3

1. Jul 7, 2014
    Lies about the gameplay, lies about the graphics, lies about innovation, lies about next gen, evil DLC policy mixed with evil pre-order bonuses.
    This game is a cynically designed mess which manages to offer no challenge, a pointless gimmick which involves pressing a single button and something awesome happening, which is so down right cancerous that I wish the fad died back in 2008. There really is nothing good to say about this game, it does absolutely nothing, apart from animation, to even try and pretend to be a quality product, let alone a good video game. I can audibly feel shareholders clapping and nodding with satisfaction at this game.
    It makes me sick, products like this are why the game industry is **** and people that buy them are trying to kill video games as an art form.
  2. Aug 11, 2015
    Watch dogs: A big pile of steaming hot s h i t
    Related words: aids, boring, dead babies, feces
    Watch dogs: A big pile of steaming hot s h i t
    Related words: aids, boring, dead babies, feces
    As you have probably already guessed watch dogs is a huge disappointment just like alot of ubisoft games recently. One of my main problems with the game is the huge graphical downgrade thats the equivalent of a toddler with brain damage taking a peice of s h i t and drew the words watch dogs on the wall
  3. Jun 25, 2014
    A terrible, unfinished mess of a game that, despite its ambition, is simply not fun to play. And why is no one mentioning the insanely long load times?
  4. Jul 7, 2014
    This game proves that Ubisoft isn't capable of making good games. They really managed to overhype the game from the beginning with great looking graphics, gameplay and so on. The fact is a different story. The game is extremely dumb, amateurish looking, flawed and glitchy... Compared to other games in the genre this is majorly disappointing...
  5. Jun 6, 2014
    Game gets boring fast, kinda sluggish in some areas and have not seen any dog yet. Why did it sell soo many copies? there is nothing else to play on the PS4.
  6. Jun 23, 2014
    Buying this Game was a bad fail.....it is totally overhyped.
    Story is insulting my intelligence. Cardboard characters, cars are so stupid and there are always the same missions, Kill a guy or drive a race.
    MISSPURCHASE
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    Watchdogs is the first game that I have ever bought and then resold on EBAY within a matter of days. The opening scene was OK but the story just doesn't flow. I got distracted but not in a fun way. The graphics look like previous generation gaming. The game becomes so repetitive within an hour.
  8. Jun 18, 2014
    The Good

-A rich and vibrant world
    -Some good level design
    -Enjoyed the hacking element

The Bad

-Vehicle handling is poor
    -Sound design is woeful, cars and guns in particular sound awful
    -Side quests can become repetitive
    -Doesn't look great for a supposedly "next gen" game

Overall, an
    ok game but definitely not the game we we're promised when announced.
  9. Jun 20, 2014
    This game is a ****fest. Unfinished, riddled with bugs and glitches, has unforgivably bad optimization, forced mouse acceleration, dead enemies respawning when you reload the game to a state which they were already dead and the list goes on. The graphics are not even good! It can't come close to deserve the hype it got. The reasons this game is getting 80 something from reviews areThis game is a ****fest. Unfinished, riddled with bugs and glitches, has unforgivably bad optimization, forced mouse acceleration, dead enemies respawning when you reload the game to a state which they were already dead and the list goes on. The graphics are not even good! It can't come close to deserve the hype it got. The reasons this game is getting 80 something from reviews are reviewers are probably bought out and the hype makes people think this game is good. Couple hours of potential fun can't make this messed up game deserve its asking price and the place it has among gaming community. Do spend your 60 dollars on this. You deserve better. Expand
  10. Jun 17, 2014
    garbage. Overhyped by a lying game company called ubisoft. Boring open world game, with very dumb ai. Stay away if you do not want to get the feeling of wasting your money..
  11. Ian
    Feb 16, 2015
    This game is an absolute travesty. It has no redeeming qualities. The story and characters have some of the worst writing I have ever seen in my life, the story makes no sense ("Why is Aiden a "vigilante of justice"? Why does he hunt criminals when he is himself a thief who steals from people's bank accounts? Why doesn't the game try to make sense of the plot?) Besides the atrociousThis game is an absolute travesty. It has no redeeming qualities. The story and characters have some of the worst writing I have ever seen in my life, the story makes no sense ("Why is Aiden a "vigilante of justice"? Why does he hunt criminals when he is himself a thief who steals from people's bank accounts? Why doesn't the game try to make sense of the plot?) Besides the atrocious writing, the mission design is horrible. Most missions boil down to terrible stealth, boring shootouts, or car chases, which go on way too long since you can't shoot while driving. The ability to hack the city is gimmicky and boils down to switching traffic lights to crash pursuing cars. The driving barely works and feels unfinished. The gunplay is generic at best and often shootouts are repetitive and boring. Sidequests are mostly "knock this one guy unconscious because he's bad, but don't kill him because you're a good guy" despite the fact that you can and often have to kill everyone else first. Graphics are ok but are way lower than promised. Worst 60 dollars I ever spent Expand
  12. Feb 13, 2015
    The graphics did not live up to the previews in any way. The repeating of the same missions was god awful. The driving sucks worse than liking the balls of a goat and I don't know what is the deal with police being able to withstand 3 point blank shotgun blasts and 4 point blank pistol blasts and not just be alive but then pull out a pistol and with one shot take me out, but seems like itThe graphics did not live up to the previews in any way. The repeating of the same missions was god awful. The driving sucks worse than liking the balls of a goat and I don't know what is the deal with police being able to withstand 3 point blank shotgun blasts and 4 point blank pistol blasts and not just be alive but then pull out a pistol and with one shot take me out, but seems like it is tipped a little to far in the computers favor. Don't pull out your gun at ANY point. If you do, 5-10 people will call the cops and you will be killed. If you step foot into a mission red zone. The citizens will call the cops, then the bad guys and the cops will know exactly where you are, team up and kill you. If you bump into a character to firmly in the street, they will call the cops, they will track you, and they will kill you. If you like a broke dick version of GTA without any sort of free world experience and sub par graphics and a nearly Justice League/Avengers strength police force with unlimited tracking ability, then this is your wheel house. Oh and you have the like **** driving physics and cars that pull out in front of you, almost intentionally? hmmm. Expand
  13. Jun 22, 2014
    This game is mediocre at best. It's extremely repetitive, and it's far from what a "next-gen' game should be.
    One of the first things that stands out is the graphics, which are just absolutely pathetic and awful for a "next-gen" game. It honestly looks like an xbox 360 game.
    Like I mentioned above, the gameplay is mediocre, but repetitive. There are a lot of cool concepts and ideas that this game has the potential to build upon, but for the most part, they're pretty undeveloped and pretty shallow.
    Also, "Aiden," the main character, is absolute garbage. He's one of the worst characters in any game I've ever played. His gravelly, monotone voice is annoying, and he really brings nothing to the game. Ubisoft would have been better off having a voiceless, nameless character for their lead, as Aiden just sucks.
    Another horrible aspect of the game is the driving, which is horrendous.

With all these negatives, it's not to say that "Watch Dogs" is a bad game; it's just not good.
  14. Jun 10, 2014
    This game has it all!
    --Excessive hand-holding: Such as icons literally all over the screen that you cannot turn off, not even in the laughable "realistic" mode.
    --Driving physics... there are none. Total failure. --Open world? pffft. Not really. More like.... Open City. --Horrible AI. Too many examples to even expound upon. --Main character is a joke. As is the story.
    This game has it all!
    --Driving physics... there are none. Total failure.
    --Open world? pffft. Not really. More like.... Open City.
    --Horrible AI. Too many examples to even expound upon.
    --Main character is a joke. As is the story.
    --Customization? Gimme a break. Choose colors of your laughable hat/halfmask/jacket. And the levelups are merely unlocks to some more boring abilities to PRESS X HERE. PRESS X THERE.
    --Camera and control: No options here either. Deal with it.
    --Cover system/stealth: is fine, but not at the level one would expect. You mostly cower behind stuff and click the appropriate X HERE... blah blah blah. Until the blind AI walks a few feet in a different direction.
    --Graphics: meh.
    --Sound: Fail. Conversations have no baring on distance/location.
    --Weapons decent to good, but they really don't seem to want you to use them much.

Overall, an innovative idea in the sandbox genre that just fails to live up to the hype.
  15. Jun 16, 2014
    I'm not gonna start blabbing on about how the game is nothing like what they showed us 2 years ago, because let's face it, no game ever looks as good as its E3 demo.
    No, the reason I'm here is because I played the game, and after 40 hours of endless "stop this crime" missions, I have concluded that Watch Dogs is one of the worst open world games to come out in a very long time. My major issue with the game is how dead and empty it feels. Every single mission is milked and repeated over and over again. Several times I found myself asking, didn't I kill this guy before? Didn't I stop this crime a couple hours ago? Didn't I chase this car yesterday?
    I struggle just to explain how repetetive the game is. It's the same with the story. Every single story mission finds you hiding behind a dumpster trying to hack SOMETHING.
    Which brings me to the hacking, the main gimmick behind the game. How is it? Well, for an hour or so, it's actually quite fun. But once you realize that every single hack is scripted, the joy ends. You see, the hacking is basically "press 'square' to watch an animation of something happening". Eveything from exploding underground pipes to moving bridges is scripted.
    When the ONLY marketing draw of the game is bad, you know the game is screwed. But no, the mediocrity continues.
    Before I talk about the driving, let me get this out of the way. As a main character, Aiden is worse than AC3's Connor.
    Driving, as you must have heard a thousand times, is awful. There are no propper physics and the car damage belongs to the PS2 era. The only vehicle that was remotely fun to drive is the motorcycle.
    In brief, the game is terrible beyond redemption. The only thing that is actually good is the soundtrack.
    We all know Watch Dogs 2 is coming out in 2015, or if things go south, 2016, because it's Ubisoft. So let's hope WD2 takes the same road AC2 took: Turn a mediocre game into game of the decade.
  16. May 31, 2014
    Oh Watch Dogs. I remember hoping aboard your hype train when you were first showed off at E3 last year. Then news came out that the PS4 version you showed off at E3 was actually a PC version, using a PS3 controller. Then the delays came, then the announcement of DLC and a Season Pass 5 months before the games actually release killed all of my hopes for you.

First let me start off by

First let me start off by saying. I did not waste $60 for this game. I waited patiently and pirated this game along with a crack. I have a strict code of not giving companies money for a game, when they are announcing DLC 5 months before the game even comes out. It just tells me "Yeah! Its already in the game! You just gotta pay for it!" Fun fact, when you actually look into the game and its files, you will see files that once opened and inspected, contains said DLC.

Onto my review

Graphics:
    Graphics are meh at best. But what do you expect when they are also creating the game for last gen consoles....It sufferers greatly and this game can pretty much be looked at, as a port across the PS4, X1 AND PC platforms. Granted, Ubisoft shoot themselves in the foot by showing off false gameplay that early and wasn't expecting not being able to achieve those graphics without suffering from terrible frame rate issues.

Gameplay:
    So...I can shoot anyone at will....but I can punch them unless they are bad? Whats the point of ether being good or bad then, if you are already limited to what you can do. I can do all this crazy parkour...but I can't jump on my own, unless im running and constantly moving? I can just do a little hop? The cars are like rubber bands and they slide all around. I can't tell you how many innocents I killed, just by attempting to make a turn and end up sliding into the pavement and into a crowd of people. This is what its like for all cars mind you. I tried using each brake once separately while not accelerating, didn't help. I even used BOTH at the same time and it made it even worse. He can drive with one hand, while looking at his phone with the other, not paying attention to the road so he can hack....but he can't stick a pistol out the window and do some "blind fire"? C'mon. If my first three hack attempts fail at stopping the cops, due to poor timing, why can't I shoot out their tires? You're pretty much punishing the player. Climbing Towers and hacking into them to open up more networks? HMMMM....Where have I seen THAT before? Surely not in AC 1-4 and Far Cry 3...where you have to climb ontop of something really high, do something and then unlock that part of the map? Hacking is extremely over hyped. You just point at something or someone and hold a button down. Thats it. Its just a gun that doesn't shoot bullets. Frame Rates have dropped for me to the point I had to do a hard reset after the game freezes. Uplay also doesn't help its cause at all. Why do I need online to play Singler Player again? Ohhh. Justa quick money grab and hoping to sell me stuff thats already in the game! Thats why! derp.

Sound: Soundtrack is decent, nice selection of songs. When it comes to the voice acting...forgettable. The Main Hero is your stereotypical guy who tries to have a deep, grizzly Batman voice but fails. The other characters are also forgettable and extremely cheesy. Then there is T-Bone....A Watered Down, Bootleg version of Trevor Philips from GTA 5.

Game in general is garbage and to those who are still on the fence about buying it. Do yourselves a favor and wait for it to drop down in price or grab it used when it hits $30.
  17. Jun 2, 2014
    I find it interesting that major game review sites are giving this game stellar reviews and a little under half of all the reviews here give it negative or mixed reviews. Clearly, the big game review sites don't want to offend UBI for making yet another crappy game.

So why do I not like this game? Unskippable cutscenes for starters. Then you got the super laggy vehicle controls. Cars handle worse than if I was riding on a drunken, pregnant hippo. Then the "puzzle games." And the story itself. About a guy who steals stuff from other people but on the side he helps the police by stopping bad guys. Sometimes beating the S*** out of them. Sometimes killing them outright. What a freaking mess of a game this is.
  18. Jun 2, 2014
    I was looking for a true NEXT-GEN experience with this game, I looked forward to it highly. I could not have been more disappointed in the final results. This is a half-assed game. The plot is phoned in, the "hacking" is mundane at best, the ONE death animation for shooting someone reeks of laziness. This game is simply BAD. I'm so disappointed that I purchased it, I'm trading itI was looking for a true NEXT-GEN experience with this game, I looked forward to it highly. I could not have been more disappointed in the final results. This is a half-assed game. The plot is phoned in, the "hacking" is mundane at best, the ONE death animation for shooting someone reeks of laziness. This game is simply BAD. I'm so disappointed that I purchased it, I'm trading it in for as much credit as I can get ASAP. Expand
  19. Jun 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i can't believe the dishonest **** who would give this average game a 10 or a 100. The game certainly is not the worst thing... but it not really that good. It was marketed as a new experience with amazing graphics and a tight storyline filled with interesting characters... it is not. As far as the new experience thing goes, i would say it sort of fullfills that promise, we have truly never seen an open world game that has this take on the genre, but it is also not THAT unique. The graphics are AWFULL this game was not well optimized and the """"""gameplay""""" trailer from 2 years ago is complete **** since the actual graphics are really not that good. Thes storyline... was there any? i just remember that if the bad guys would have continued doing their thing without interruption would have caused less misery than what the "hero" of the story causes. The characters are mostly bland, especially the hero, but there are 2 who are actually good but underused, the assassin veteran and the hacker tatooed chick. Overall the low score i am issuing is mostly because the marketing for the game lied completely and the game delivered very little compared to what they promised. Its an average game , or maybe even above average, if this game would have comed out without the bs marketing tecniques i might have issued it a 7 or a 6, but as it stands i can't bring myself to do it.

pd: also Uplay is very annoying and unnesesary.

i am from argentina please forgive the spelling, puntuation and language mistakes thanks
  20. Jun 19, 2014
    Alright, I bought this game less than a week ago. Everyone was all horned up about this game, and to be honest it sounded and looked kinda promising.
    I was reluctant at first since Ubisoft has always disappointed me in almost any game they released - except for "stick of truth" of course but then that wasn't really Ubisoft that deserves the credits for that game.
    I am returning
    I am returning WATCH_DOGS tomorrow since it may very well be the worst game that I have ever bought. I will NEVER again buy a Ubisoft game!
    True, it ain't exactly N64 graphics but heck this is 2014 and I just expect a little more than what this game offers.

And to add to all this is the usual flaws of an Ubisoft game, and I think most gamers understand what that means...
  21. Jul 28, 2014
    Last generation graphics, broken reflections, limited car damage, broken physics (see how poles break), stoned pedestrians, city seems deserted at times. Uninspired and generic open world, concept has holes and fails common sense, why does a hacker has to wonder on the streets, why all communication and data is wired within city's electricity infrastructure, who knows? Nobody, justLast generation graphics, broken reflections, limited car damage, broken physics (see how poles break), stoned pedestrians, city seems deserted at times. Uninspired and generic open world, concept has holes and fails common sense, why does a hacker has to wonder on the streets, why all communication and data is wired within city's electricity infrastructure, who knows? Nobody, just serves the hack concept. If you value your time look elsewhere. Expand
  22. Jul 21, 2014
    The idea of the game sounds good, but after 2-3 hours it is totally boring. It's a GTA clone, without the wits, without the humor, without the charm. The story execution makes you yawn.
  23. Aug 10, 2014
    Was very disappointing. Nothing like what they showed in early trailers. The driving sections (which there is a lot) feels like you're playing on N64 and I'm not joking. I don't care if you find this game for a dollar, save your money. Play GTA instead for a good open world experience.
  24. Aug 16, 2014
    One of the worst games I've played in a long time. I'm still annoyed that I bought it digitally so that I cannot return it. Controls, bad. Story, bad. Setting, blah. Car handling, bad. I cannot emphasise how little this game is worth playing.
  25. Sep 15, 2014
    I really think ubisoft played GTA then decided to remove all of the aspects that makes GTA fun to play. I was excited about the release but within hours I turned off my PS4.
  26. Oct 15, 2014
    Have you ever seen a little kid cursing because he/she thinks it makes them look more mature? That's what this game is, literally, and metaphorically.
  27. Jun 7, 2014
    No one seems to mention the story, and,,the main character,,,,is idiotic...nothing he says, or does, makes any sense at all...he robs people ,kills them, commits murders..but then get upset if he sees a purse snatching or other crime...and must go stop it....he commits all kinds of crimes but suddenly doesn't want to kill a witness and goes way out of his way to not kill him....ofNo one seems to mention the story, and,,the main character,,,,is idiotic...nothing he says, or does, makes any sense at all...he robs people ,kills them, commits murders..but then get upset if he sees a purse snatching or other crime...and must go stop it....he commits all kinds of crimes but suddenly doesn't want to kill a witness and goes way out of his way to not kill him....of course,,killing all kinds of people along the way,,,,,.it's all so very very,,,stupid...there's a game in here somewhere, good luck finding it. Expand
  28. Jun 8, 2014
    I was not expecting anything out of this game, I bought a PS4 just recently and decided this would be the first game I tried. I was highly disapointed with it.

-The story is very predictible and dull, straight out of a B class movie. -The gameplay is ok, but there is little to no challenge. -Cars are literaly unbreakable, car takedowns are terrible, if you create an accident with a

-The story is very predictible and dull, straight out of a B class movie.
    -The gameplay is ok, but there is little to no challenge.
    -Cars are literaly unbreakable, car takedowns are terrible, if you create an accident with a traffic light you get no takedown, but if you press the button when it asks you to, you automaticaly take down the car. Note: I took down a fire truck with an aveo of some sort.

Played the game for about 4-5 hours, never finished the story line, I simply sold it for 50$, I guess its not too bad for testing the ps4.

On a general note, I am a bit disapointed of the lack of game after 8 months of the ps4 being out.
  29. Jun 29, 2014
    This has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number ofThis has to be the most overhyped and overrated game this generation, and in addition to dumping/nerfing all the promised features, it literally plays like a dumbed-down, freedom-stunted version of the original GTA. No, not GTA V, as this game isn't even close to that, the original GTA. The promised "open world" is a joke, and you literally can't do anything outside the limited number of scripted actions. Driving is a joke (think an old PS2 arcade game), the story is idiotic and the mission selection is extremely limited. And worst of all, it looks like crap on next-gen systems, and is obviously a straight port from PS3/Xbox 360. Extremely disappointed and this game will tank at retail very soon. Expand
  30. Mar 18, 2015
    This is really big missed opportunity. Ubisoft had a lot of potential for a good game here, but the execution just drops the ball in every way. In every mission type they have an idea... and then they forget that going through the missions is supposed to be fun. This game also has no idea whether it wants to have a stealth or an action focus so it ends up lacking in both and makingThis is really big missed opportunity. Ubisoft had a lot of potential for a good game here, but the execution just drops the ball in every way. In every mission type they have an idea... and then they forget that going through the missions is supposed to be fun. This game also has no idea whether it wants to have a stealth or an action focus so it ends up lacking in both and making especially the action parts.... I wouldn't say impossibly hard, since they can be done with blind luck something like 25% of the time... but they are thoroughly obnoxious as all hell in ways they didn't need to be. Let's list of a couple of examples. First off you're often tasked with taking out a car. So you get into a car, chase the target down and..... you can change the traffic lights near him in hopes that he has an epileptic seizure when he sees red. You can't shoot from your car. If you get out to shoot, the target will escape and the mission will fail. So what you're left with is spending the next 35 minutes ramming into the enemy car hoping against hope that you will somehow succeed. Eventually you will, but did you have fun? No you didn't. It get's better. Often you are tasked to do this against convoys. In these missions you can intercept them and shoot them with say... a grenade launcher, and it's doable, if quite generic. But then the game tasks to take one or more people from the convoy *alive*. And now you're thinking "okay, so I equip my tranquilizer darts or something like that right?" Wrong. In order to take someone alive is to run into his di*k and hit him. While the rest of the convoy guns you down and kills you. If you stop to kill the rest of the convoy first, the targets will without fail escape. So you your only hope is to kamikaze the targets like an idiot and eventually succeed in your like nineteenth try after which you get to escape against impossibly fast pursuers and you've spent days on this mission. And it sure as all hell isn't fun. The game is filled with missions like this, that practically require you to have Saint's Row IV style superpowers like flight to get these slog missions done.... but you don't. The developers made Aiden Pierce an incapable protagonist who does not have the skills nor the equipment or health to take on these armed enemies. Also points deducted for the impossible drinking minigame that has a trophy tied to it. I was really hopeful for this game even after the graphics controversy, but damn.... there is just nothing fun about this generic sandbox game. Expand
  31. Apr 2, 2015
    I'm going to be completely up front about this. Watch Dogs is not good. It's very bad. I've played Saints Row 4 and I thought this game was going to be like that. But, holy crap, I was wrong. This game has absolutely NO effort put into it. It's overflowing with sex, drugs, and swearing, to the point where you're wondering WHY you're playing such an immature game. The main character isI'm going to be completely up front about this. Watch Dogs is not good. It's very bad. I've played Saints Row 4 and I thought this game was going to be like that. But, holy crap, I was wrong. This game has absolutely NO effort put into it. It's overflowing with sex, drugs, and swearing, to the point where you're wondering WHY you're playing such an immature game. The main character is generic and boring. Hacking has... well... NO purpose!! The city is less alive than Superman Returns. It is overflowing with bugs and glitches. The most you do with hacking is do an occasional puzzle minigame. Yup, that's it. The story is awful and lazy. Ubisoft just TRIES to make a GTA game but this..? This is an AWFUL game. It has NO purpose. YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO, GAMERS!! DO NOT BUY WATCH DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  32. Jun 2, 2014
    I hate the way this game is masked as a "free roam game" there is almost no point in deviating from the main story line other than to buy craft-ables and weapons. The main character is not cool and is inconsistent in his role. Like a lot of people I also do not like the way you can wipe out the entire gang then have to knock down the leader. Another useless part is the reputation bar.I hate the way this game is masked as a "free roam game" there is almost no point in deviating from the main story line other than to buy craft-ables and weapons. The main character is not cool and is inconsistent in his role. Like a lot of people I also do not like the way you can wipe out the entire gang then have to knock down the leader. Another useless part is the reputation bar. Your actions do not matter. One good thing was how alive they made the city, and hacking traffic lights and watching accidents is about all this game was really good for though. Laughable unoriginal characters (girl with dragon tattoo being one of them.), generic main story missions and repetitive gun fights make this a very mediocre game. Expand
  33. Jun 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to say I was heavily disappointed by this game. Personally, I had been looking forward to this for a long time, as soon as the concept was announced I was on board and was excited when things geared up to the release date...this quickly changed after a few hours of Gameplay.
    My main issues include:
    1.) Generic/repetitive gameplay
    I was initially impressed and enjoyed the hacking abilities provided to us in the game as they were new and unique to gameplay in general on such a large format but after a couple of missions the couple of distraction/explosion options became very repetitive, you can only trip a car alarm or raise a forklift to grasp the attention of enemies so many times before it becomes a bore. I know there's only so much that could be done but surely Ubisoft could have held back on some stuff or added more as the game progressed for a bit of variety. In the end it dwindled down to 3 types of gameplay 1.) Sneak/stealth through an area to hack a box; 2.) Escape from or destroy police/fixers who are chasing after you; 3.) Shoot out/kill a bunch of people. Doing the same 3 things with slight variety over and over really does take its toll.
    2.) Very poorly written storyline
    Incredibly generic and boring, a white guy with stuble seeks revenge on the death of family member? Come on Ubisoft, how cliche can you get? The plot for the game really just revolves getting revenge on the people who killed your niece/kidnapped your sister/or (spoilers) killed Clara to some degree. I think a companies writing is very poor when they have to rely on the deaths/suffering of female characters to create drama/plot. I thought this was 2014, can we not get some decent writing that doesn't follow the damsel in distress story-line?
    The areas of plot I was interested in were completely brushed over. The Human Trafficking storyline was only relevant for a couple of missions and was never heard from again (even though that's what Ubisoft marketed the game about) which was disappointing as I think it's such a powerful issue in our society today, especially one that's not very well known about, I think exposing this issues in Watch Dogs could have opened up some new boundaries.
    3.) Poorly done characterisation
    Aiden was a rather bland and unlikable main character, there was nothing notable or unique about him that could make him stand out. He's just another generic white guy with stuble, there's nothing wrong with white male characters but mixing things up now and then really doesn't hurt.
    Characters that were completely brushed aside (i.e. Default) without any reasoning. For example, there's a massive build up and hunt down for the character Default but it all ends in you hitting him over the head in the street and walking away? It just felt so weak, we know nothing about that character, hell we don't even know what he looks like.
    All in all most characters just weren't fleshed out, they had no depth and therefore I felt nothing for them when they went through hardships/died/betrayed/etc. I thought the writing for pretty much all the characters was done to a low standard, AC2 proves Ubisoft can create interesting characters/characters of diversity/strong female characters so I'm not very tolerant to their standard in Watch Dogs.
    4.) Rubbish side missions
    Extremely repetitive, definitely a case of quantity over quality. Even side missions I found really interesting/liked doing initially got boring because of the sheer amount of them (i.e. Crimes detected and Gang Hideouts) and ones that weren't repetitive and were actually interesting ended up having a poor execution (I.e. Missing Persons mission).
    5.) Bad/clumsy controls
    I know people will always agree/disagree on this concept when it came to games but personally I found the handling, especially with driving, to be very poorly done. I found the controls to be very clumsy in some areas which made some missions/gameplay a bit frustrating.

This is by no means the worst game I've ever played, Watch Dogs did have some unique concepts and enjoyable moments but overall I found myself bored/frustrated while playing this game rather than excited/interested, which really says something for all the hype surrounding it prior to release. I'm actually glad I got this game as a gift because if I'd paid for it myself I would have felt like I lost out on a bit of money.
  34. Jun 4, 2014
    Seeing as how this game was pushed back 6 months just to fix bugs, I feel like I need to critique this game a bit more harshly considering the game was finished back when it was pushed back. Considering that, this game is is almost a complete failure in what it tried to do and what it didn't accomplish.
    Firstly, consider the graphics. Considered the first "truly next gen" experience, as it was being billed, this game on the next-gen consoles looks almost exactly like the last gen stuff. There is no way it looks better than InFamous did back in March and, in particular, the facial features were awful. I've seen better facial features on characters in games dating back a year or two. The graphics are a definite let down.
    Next is the gameplay mechanics. The hacking system is the big thing that seperates this game from other GTA-style sandbox games. It doesn't do enough to truly make a name of itself in the genre and that is extremely unfortunate. The genre is in desperate need of an original idea and this didn't quite deliver. The hacking is ok but it's not enough to separate this game from the pack.
    The story is fairly standard but it's passable. The problem I have are with the characters, in particular the main character, Aiden Pierce. They try to bill you as a Vigilante throughout the game but, make no mistake about this, Aiden is a bad guy. He's only got one redeemable trait and that's his love for his family but that doesn't get in the way of him easily killing people for no reason and stealing from people with cancer (yes this is true). They try to make him seem like a poor soul trapped in the world he's living in but the fact of the matter is that he enjoys what he does and he'll never redeem himself because he enjoys it so much. There's so much hypocrisy involved with this character it's astounding and the writers here failed to deliver with him and pretty much everyone else in the game. I certainly won't remember a single character from this game in the next month and that's the sign of bad design
    In the end about the only thing I enjoyed with this game was the online multiplayer stuff, even though that was not handle in the best way, and the fact that there are alot of side missions and distractions to keep you from realizing you're playing a game that, not only doesn't live up to the hype, but isn't even close to the quality of game that InFamous or GTA 5 were. Ubisoft is billing this as a new flagship franchise here and I can only hope that repeat what they did with Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. While 1 is not very good at all, 2 will redeem the franchise just enough to make it a AAA title going forward. Very disappointed by how things turned out here.
  35. May 31, 2014
    0? 2??4? Which mark should I point?
    After first 10 minutes i decided to stop and give a second chance to game tomorrow...
    Next day another 10 minutes and another second chance. Today was the last ten minutes. Why? Graphics is on the 2008 level? - Yes Gameplay is boring, hacking is boring, environment is boring? - yes Characters is unbelievable , missions primitive? - yes Aiden is a
    0? 2??4? Which mark should I point?
    Next day another 10 minutes and another second chance.
    Today was the last ten minutes.
    Why?
    Graphics is on the 2008 level? - Yes
    Gameplay is boring, hacking is boring, environment is boring? - yes
    Characters is unbelievable , missions primitive? - yes
    Aiden is a family man? - yes

What s wrong ubi? Why not october 13? Now gtav looks much much better and nobody forget about it.
    How much parts of game u should publish to get a perfect quality? Watch dogs 3? 5? 7?

Its new line for your assassins team, but this summer you assassinated most part of fans.
    For me better to replay gtav or iv ..

No games to play this summer...but no way watchdogs
  36. Jun 8, 2014
    It's obviously not an absolutely horrible game and so doesn't deserve a zero score. But it does deserve a poor score: It is a disappointment in almost every aspect. Little more that I can say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely not what it was marketed to be- if this defines next gen, then best to take a few year gaming hiatus. But we know that advertising ploy is simply not theIt's obviously not an absolutely horrible game and so doesn't deserve a zero score. But it does deserve a poor score: It is a disappointment in almost every aspect. Little more that I can say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely not what it was marketed to be- if this defines next gen, then best to take a few year gaming hiatus. But we know that advertising ploy is simply not the truth. The marketing was a lie and we know that from playing the game: dull game play, keep holding that button down to hack, worthless plot, last gen graphics, poor driving, awful third person view (how long do you really want to stare at the back of this stereotypical pointless character's dull jacket), lack of freedom/reward/fun... "Fanboys" is such an overused and meaningless insult. Fact of the matter is that yes I would rather be playing GTAV than this every time I try to play this game. I accept the fact that this was a waste of my sixty bucks. Perhaps the fanboys of this game cannot and so they defend it while calling those who compare it to GTAV "fanboys" But the games are very comparable and watch dogs fails against GTAV in almost every regard. Maybe if they hadn't have taken themselves so seriously (if the had taken that cue from GTAV), that the best games combine seriousness and self reflective humor in balance, then this game wouldn't have been such an epic let down. Expand
  37. May 30, 2014
    Another soulless game From Ubisoft. There's absolutely nothing interesting here. Just a copypaste of other games. Supposed to be serious and big but finally is oriented on kids and casual players, tho.

Seems like Ubi is already not interested in making good games for players(like it was before). Those annoying commercials, PR, marketing and imposes of the game looks more expensive than game itself.

Awful, Ubi. Stop doing that sh*t. You'll never be the best if you chase quantity only. U completely destroyed Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Prince Of Persia. STOP IT.

I wish Ubi be like before -_- . When they didn't kill theyr franchises even at the start of theyr existence, indeed, because of stupid audience rush.
  38. Jun 3, 2014
    when this game release it deferent from 2012 a lot it fail
    and physic ingame it bad gun play it bad too

i can not play untill finish real 555555

i hope the divition is not same this
  39. Jun 20, 2014
    Watch_dogs, an incredibly detailed and nice looking world with nothing interesting to do. Controls are bad, story bad, missions lack design and every thing is repeated over and over again. Some missions lacked any consideration of the entertaining value what-so-ever. The required Uplay, which does not allow for shortcuts outside its environment makes it integrate with Windows poorly.
  40. Jun 3, 2014
    A 30 gigabyte loading screen with nothing of great interest on the other side. It's boring. It's dull. It's not an epic action-hacking game. It's a third person shooter with some "hacking" elements (and by hacking, I mean pressing the 'x' button at an object". The AI is embarrassing, the story is a contrived cliche joke with only 1 or 2 memorable, interesting characters. Some parts areA 30 gigabyte loading screen with nothing of great interest on the other side. It's boring. It's dull. It's not an epic action-hacking game. It's a third person shooter with some "hacking" elements (and by hacking, I mean pressing the 'x' button at an object". The AI is embarrassing, the story is a contrived cliche joke with only 1 or 2 memorable, interesting characters. Some parts are frustrating beyond belief (no, not because they're hard, I'm not afraid of a challenge as long as it's fair). Having to chase a guy in a sports car through busy Chicago streets when the only vehicle they give you is an old station wagon isn't fair. It's bland and boring and I was rooting for it to be over after about 2 hours. It's not awful, it's just offensive because it promised so much and delivered on so little. If you want a fun interesting single-player game, get Wolfenstein. Expand
  41. Jun 6, 2014
    The amount of game breaking glitches in this title is truly a sign of indolence on the part of the designers. You didn't save my last mission I've completed, but saved all of my unlocks and purchases after the mission? You ask me to immobilize target(s) and yet they kill themselves with absolutely 0 intervention? I retry the mission - this time peeking around the corner - and they gotThe amount of game breaking glitches in this title is truly a sign of indolence on the part of the designers. You didn't save my last mission I've completed, but saved all of my unlocks and purchases after the mission? You ask me to immobilize target(s) and yet they kill themselves with absolutely 0 intervention? I retry the mission - this time peeking around the corner - and they got themselves into a car accident?

I attempted to record the mission, just to prove how idiotic the game is, but my Ps4 only recorded the last 2 seconds of gameplay. I tried to start a record session, and the game didn't even record. My Ps4 has had 0 issues with any other game in the topic of recording.

The Graphics are obviously downgraded. You should not allowed to fabricate gameplay at any press conference just to garner attention. Every model except Aiden looks as if they were made out of clay - especially the cars and environment during the day. Speaking of cars, do the designers have drivers licenses? Have they ever drove more than one car? Most of the cars drive the same - like ****

Game receives a lowly 3 out of 10 for the innumerable amount of game breaking errors (that example was one of tens) and the impudence the designers treated us with.
  42. May 31, 2014
    We're do I start, very disappointed I want like the but can't seem to, the graphics are not 4th gen at all, I was playing the 2 year old hitman absolution on ps3 and thought this has far superior graphics to watchdogs this can't be right.
    Poor graphics look out for the lack of facial details in the cutscenes especially the one were you meet Aidens sister there bland and not much better than some late ps2 games.
    The open world just doesn't seem fun, especially when you compare the bright Gta 5 world.
    Overall we're all falling for the lack of game availability on ps4 if there was more titles to compare then even the mainstream reviews would be poor.
    All in all I am bored after 3 days back to the superior AC5 that at least taps in to some of the PS4 power.
  43. Jun 18, 2014
    PC players. If you have this game already, do yourself a favor and get the correction done on Guru3D. Some want to call it a mod, but a mod modifies the game. The visuals were already there, just not enabled by Ubisoft. Which brings me to the score they receive. This is either the most gross of incompetent stupidity or a deliberate gimp for parity on the next gen platforms. While itPC players. If you have this game already, do yourself a favor and get the correction done on Guru3D. Some want to call it a mod, but a mod modifies the game. The visuals were already there, just not enabled by Ubisoft. Which brings me to the score they receive. This is either the most gross of incompetent stupidity or a deliberate gimp for parity on the next gen platforms. While it still has many issues, the correction goes a LONG way to correcting this.

If you don't have this game yet, do yourself a favor and avoid this until it is the bargain bin and all the patches have been done. Hopefully Ubisoft will unlock the visuals, but if not, Guru3D will still have it and have made many strides by then. This game would have normally received a 6 or 7, but the gimp is inexcusable.
  44. May 28, 2014
    Does not live up to hype. (this is a parody review). Just because a game doesn't live up to your high expectations doesn't make it instantly bad.
  45. Aug 9, 2014
    it's a disappointment an okay game that was riding on hype. it wouldn't have been able to sell as much as it had if there wasn't hype because god and everybody knows this game was lacking in almost everything. So don't spend your money i sure wished i didn't
  46. May 30, 2014
    When Ubisoft brought out the first preview for this game at e3 2012, I was blown away by the hacking mechanic in the game. Sad to say this but after playing for more than 10 hours, this game is boring...Ubisoft advertised the game by putting "Hacking is your weapon", well in the game..guns are the strongest weapon. Plus the developers decided to downgraded the graphics thanks to theWhen Ubisoft brought out the first preview for this game at e3 2012, I was blown away by the hacking mechanic in the game. Sad to say this but after playing for more than 10 hours, this game is boring...Ubisoft advertised the game by putting "Hacking is your weapon", well in the game..guns are the strongest weapon. Plus the developers decided to downgraded the graphics thanks to the current consoles...sigh. Most overrated and overhyped game of this year. Expand
  47. May 28, 2014
    This game is very familiar in many ways. The world is almost a replica of Grand Theft Auto's Liberty City, the missions all feel very much like Assassin's Creed and the gameplay like any third person shooter. Units oft have started this cycle of familiarity, because they know it sells, look at Assassin's Creed. Even though by 3, people were still buying the game, despite the awful forcedThis game is very familiar in many ways. The world is almost a replica of Grand Theft Auto's Liberty City, the missions all feel very much like Assassin's Creed and the gameplay like any third person shooter. Units oft have started this cycle of familiarity, because they know it sells, look at Assassin's Creed. Even though by 3, people were still buying the game, despite the awful forced stealth missions, horribly underdeveloped characters and story, terrible dialogue and most of all, repetitive missions. People still bought it and said "wow best game ever." Watch_Dogs is Ubisoft's way of molesting their customers, except it's more like date rape because they all agreed to it, including me.

First off, the main character is a cardboard cut out of any third person action game. He's boring and at times unbearably tiring. This character's design is almost exactly the same as an Assassin from the later Assassin's Creed games. Moving onto missions, the prospect of hacking becomes old quite quick as missions degrade into go here, hack that, do some running, or sneak. He game claims to have a busy open world, by busy it means terrible AI and the same one man trying to mug a lady 100 times over. Random events don't become random after about half an hour because they're all the same and it's more fun to try and avoid getting involved.

Hacking something is quite interesting he first time, although, becomes quite ordinary after the tenth time. You're limited to hacking only a number of special highlighted objects in the world. In the end I wasted money on this, you don't have to as well.
  48. May 30, 2014
    Depth of a puddle and an erratic story line make it one of the most disappointing games of the year. The majority of the game stays true to the Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed model, lots of filler, little depth. Spend more time looking for puzzle pieces and collecting worthless items in order to fill your time. Stop comparing it to GTA V, fan boys are delusional.
  49. Aug 19, 2014
    This ame was terrible, the graphics are excellent and multiplayer is fantastic when it chooses to work. 9/10 games i've played didnt work, or my game would crash. The main character had the same emotions through out every single scene, even when i blew up cars and had the police/ swat after me the main character had such a mellow tone i feel the story was ruined. The campaign had itsThis ame was terrible, the graphics are excellent and multiplayer is fantastic when it chooses to work. 9/10 games i've played didnt work, or my game would crash. The main character had the same emotions through out every single scene, even when i blew up cars and had the police/ swat after me the main character had such a mellow tone i feel the story was ruined. The campaign had its moments however the game was so terrible i only played 20% of the game before i returned it. If you like finding errors and flaws in games that you spend $60 for and $400 + for a game system them buy this game, other than that i wouldnt buy this game again unless its $10. I was really excited for this game when it came out but i couldnt buy it during the release i had to wait a few months. I was glad i couldn't, if i had to be stuck with this game i would have been ripped $&%@ Expand
  50. Dec 5, 2014
    This game is a waste of money, it lacks of the FUN factor, it is boring and if I can describe in one word this game, that word would be TRASH, I'm really very disappointed and this game changed my opinion about Ubisoft and the quality of its games.
  51. Oct 21, 2014
    I preordered this because I needed a game to play on PS4 (because, let's face it, at this point in its life cycle, it's a Netflix machine most of the day) and what I got was one of the most bland, mediocre games I've ever played.
  52. Jun 4, 2014
    I would love to give this game a 7 or 8 which is what it was looking like from the first time I got to play it. But after day 1 The game will no longer load. A lot of people are complaining about bugs or game not loading at all like me. I give this game a 1 because that was the amount of days I got to play it since launch. If you are on the fence of buying this game I would say passI would love to give this game a 7 or 8 which is what it was looking like from the first time I got to play it. But after day 1 The game will no longer load. A lot of people are complaining about bugs or game not loading at all like me. I give this game a 1 because that was the amount of days I got to play it since launch. If you are on the fence of buying this game I would say pass because there is a good chance you are flushing your cash down the toilet. Over a week and Ubisoft wont even address the issue. besides a tweet "we are working on it" I will not be supporting any further Ubisoft titles and neither should you. Expand
  53. Jun 19, 2014
    Oh god what happened to this game?! hahaha! I couldn't be more disappointed. Everything about the game is very average, the hacking is unimaginative and bland. The main character and story are deplorably bad. There's this huge world of hacking, yet you're stuck in a very narrow, boring story? Doesn't make sense. I'm usually very flexible with video games, I understand the effort it takesOh god what happened to this game?! hahaha! I couldn't be more disappointed. Everything about the game is very average, the hacking is unimaginative and bland. The main character and story are deplorably bad. There's this huge world of hacking, yet you're stuck in a very narrow, boring story? Doesn't make sense. I'm usually very flexible with video games, I understand the effort it takes to make a video game and can accept when they're rough around the edges. But this is just a straight up, poor game. Expand
  54. Jun 5, 2014
    O jogo é legal mais a mecânica da direção dos veículos é um horror, realmente terrível e como o player passa 60% do game dirigindo a coisa complica e muito...
  55. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has lied to me. I don't know if I just got the wrong game, but there was some weird smartphone/hacking stuff going on. All I wanted to do was watch dogs! There aren't any dogs to watch so 0/10.
  56. Jul 16, 2014
    You got me Ubisoft. So much hype, positive critic reviews that just gloss over this games flaws, and more hype. This game is broken and boring. Vehicular combat is atrocious, shooting is boring, hacking is a barebones gimmick disguised as a deep mechanic. It looks terrible on the PS4, the city feels dead. This is a bad game with excellent marketing. You're better off playing GTA V or DeuxYou got me Ubisoft. So much hype, positive critic reviews that just gloss over this games flaws, and more hype. This game is broken and boring. Vehicular combat is atrocious, shooting is boring, hacking is a barebones gimmick disguised as a deep mechanic. It looks terrible on the PS4, the city feels dead. This is a bad game with excellent marketing. You're better off playing GTA V or Deux Ex rather than their deformed love child. Expand
  57. Jul 18, 2014
    For a triple A title I was sincerely disappointed with the game play. I simply didn't have fun and the game felt pointless and monotonous to me. The story didn't grab me and about 4 hours in I knew that I was going to regret my purchase. The environment didn't feel alive to me to be honest. It lacked grit I suppose.
  58. Jul 11, 2014
    This game is just so boring. That even when I start to play I simply quit. I do max 1 mission or even just a side missions before I quit. Its nothing like what I thought it would be. Nothing like AC4 or FC3. Just a horrible game. AC and FC are amazing. WD is just not close to them. Its great game but just looks ugly, yes I know its meant to be very good looking. But I am talking about theThis game is just so boring. That even when I start to play I simply quit. I do max 1 mission or even just a side missions before I quit. Its nothing like what I thought it would be. Nothing like AC4 or FC3. Just a horrible game. AC and FC are amazing. WD is just not close to them. Its great game but just looks ugly, yes I know its meant to be very good looking. But I am talking about the colours and landscape. Its a boring old city with alot of black, brown and dark blue and it always seems to be night time. Story is good but the rest is horrible. Cars dont drive well at all I cant do a turn with crashing. If this was an attempt to rival GTA it was not great. However I am so damn excited for the new AC. and ACBF is on top of list for the best games I have ever played. Without a doubt. WD however doesnt even break top 10. Expand
  59. Jan 2, 2015
    I was really enjoying this game until I got stuck on a mission where I needed to follow someone through a housing estate, you get spotted by one of his cronies and you fail the mission, after a week of trying and watching numerous youtube videos for help I never finished the mission. I have given up playing, Bed bug I hate you!
  60. May 29, 2014
    Complete crap. Not sure why they delayed it. Clunkiest, clumsiest driving controls I have ever experienced. General character mechanics are terrible. Gets boring really fast. Very repetitive side mission structure.

On the plus, it is not bad graphically. I have seen better, but I feel like I'm playing a PS3 game and that I'm not looking at next-gen graphics. The game concept is great. Would be interested in the game if the character and driving mechanics were more on par with Rockstar, or Assassins Creed.
  61. May 29, 2014
    After how hard people continue to be bent over and **** by companies like EA and Ubisoft it's amazing to me that there are people so impulsive and stupid that they're still buying games day one, let alone week one. Well, for better or worse, my friend's disdain for this game gave me the opportunity to play it. What can really be said? Aside from, "I've played this game before. It wasAfter how hard people continue to be bent over and **** by companies like EA and Ubisoft it's amazing to me that there are people so impulsive and stupid that they're still buying games day one, let alone week one. Well, for better or worse, my friend's disdain for this game gave me the opportunity to play it. What can really be said? Aside from, "I've played this game before. It was called Grand Theft Auto... III". The driving and physics are on par with a PS2 game, and even San Andreas had more to do than Watch Dogs does a decade later, and I am NOT a huge GTA fan, in fact I think the games are pretty much just shock value, and Rockstar's consistent marketing strategy of creating some kind of media controversy to hype the games makes that an undeniable fact. These kinds of games have never really had any kind of great gameplay to them, but the thing that really turns me off about Watch Dogs is the same thing that turns me off about most games nowadays, and that is their predictability. When a company goes to make a game nowadays, they design their game in the spitting image of whatever game sells best in the same genre (for MMOs it's WoW, for FPS it's CoD, ect), gives it a different character/environment, and add a gimmick. The gimmick in this case obviously being the hacking. It's all very predictable and boring, and Watch Dogs does nothing but continue this trend of homogenization. Ubisoft never wanted Watch Dogs to be it's own game. Watch Dogs wants to be GTA V, it wants to be GTA V so badly yet misses the mark by such a colossal distance that they landed back in the PS2 era. Expand
  62. May 28, 2014
    The good:
    So far it is a fun game with good graphics and entertaining open environment. The story line is top notch and one of the best story driven games this year. From bouncing off cameras to causing black outs this game is definitely open to different ways to attack a situation.
    The bad: So far its nothing but camera angle, control scheme, AI, and driving hell. Every time you get
    The good:

The bad:
    So far its nothing but camera angle, control scheme, AI, and driving hell. Every time you get into a car music is on annoyingly loud, it also doesn’t recall the camera mode you had it in. Driving the car is next to impossible, the Q button is used to hack when driving so you have to take your hand off the A button on a already impossible to control car. If you’re in a building and your next to a door pulling your gun this is meet with a wall or a horrid camera angle, so that you can’t see what your shooting at. In one mission your attack a heavily armed gang, if the police are called they completely ignore the heavily armed gunmen, hop over or on a wall, and shoot you in the face. This is an extremely bad game so far and not something I expected out of Ubisoft.

The ugly:
    Along with the above, I don’t like to be lied too. This game doesn’t have any of the stuff we saw at E3 even with my PC maxing out the settings with a R9 295. This game is not what it was marketed as, a next gen game. It’s missing all the stuff it was supposed to have. Now, I looked at it as a last gen game with stating good graphics but as a next gen I expected much more. Never over market your game Ubisoft I’m disappointed.
  63. Sep 8, 2014
    Watch_Dogs was over-hyped and failed to deliver. Missions are difficult and results in multiple attempts to solve the same mission which quickly gets boring and frustrating. It glitches sometimes in the most crucial moments and becomes unplayable. There really is nothing fun to do in this game.
  64. Nov 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game deserves the award for WORST game of 2014. I gave this game many chances, too many. This will be a review from somebody that has not yet played GTA V, so calling me a GTA fanboy is stupid.

The first second that you start playing the game you will notice that graphics are ugly compared to the E3 presentation. I'm not a graphics guy, but I have a huge problem with liers. Don't showcase a game if you can never achieve graphics at such a high level.

Also you will notice very fast that Aiden, as a character, is just not interesting. It's also a stupid story that gets used in almost every open world game these days: Your niece gets killed, and you're out for revenge. That's it. The whole story. It's not even a long story too, with the most boring characters I've ever seen. Jordi for example. What's the point of him? He gives you sticky bombs at one point in the game. Yeah, nice, thank you for that, what else? The only 2 characters that I liked were T-Bone and Badboy17 (Clara). I won't even start explaining why the ending is just god awful.

Who was in charge of the driving mechanics? Fire that guy, please. It sucks when you need to chase down a guy (wich is pretty much 70% of the missions in the game), and the horrible driving mechanics fck you over.

And this is something that I never saw somebody talk about: The civilians and the reputation bar. This is the part where I'm really angry. What's the point of getting points for actually killing a criminal, when the civilians still send cops after your ass because you shot a gun? I know that taking them down is better, but if there is no other option and you just don't want to chase the guy for decades? My bar was all the way to the right (good reputation), but I gave up and I just started to play bowling with my car as the bowling ball and the civilians as bowling pins.

And hacking makes it so this game is not a challenge at all. It's so easy to get away with a 5 wanted level. I had a hard time escaping a 5 star wanted level in GTA IV, but not in W_D.

TLDR; This is a boring game that does nothing right. Mix of GTA, Assassin's Creed, and Saint's Row (side missions). Don't believe that hype, kids. Ubisoft belongs in my list of worst video game developers, with EA. Good marketing though.
  65. Jun 3, 2014
    one of the worst games i've ever played , crappy gameplay , the cars are horrible , controls are awful , everything is bad what a waste of time and money , if u still wanna buy it show yourself to a doctor
  66. Jun 16, 2014
    Had amazing potential. Was to be my game of the year choice for 2014. Instead we got a graphically watered down version from the one shown at E3. The release date was pushed back 6 months for "polish" and fine tuning.

I played about 20 hours mostly doing side missions and events working the story up to the 2nd chapter. Good writing, good motion capture and gameplay mechanics. The

The slow motion or "focus" function becomes lost in the controller and you frequently rediscover it by accidentally activating it from time to time but never actually use it.

The game is an unfinished product with multi platform game breaking bugs. Such as the loading screen bug that prevents me from continuing my game (corrupted save files) Ubisoft has been very sneaky and has avoided the pressure from thousands of players unable to continue playing the game. Others load into the game to find they cannot hack or have their inventories wiped (no guns etc) along with many performance issues with the PC version of the game.

If it weren't for the deplorable customer service and game breaking bugs I would rate the game an 8.5 but in its current state of disrepair with no patch ETA the game is useless to anyone experiencing these issues. Hopefully Ubisoft reads the critic reviews and the 300 Page Official Ubisoft forum thread dedicated to the loading issues and realizes it has angered thousands of people who are now rethinking ever buying another Ubisoft title.
  67. Jun 9, 2014
    Not bad, Ubisoft. BUT! This game looks like first Assassin'sCreed. Sandbox like in Far Cry 3 (not good, not bad), the average quality of the gameplay, but there is no game. And the main story is a simple **** A do not compare this game with GTA V.
  68. Dec 12, 2014
    There is nothing clever, new or challenging about this game. When you are given a mission, instead of it being difficult they just make sure to provide no instruction and overwhelm you with computer generated players so you die, die, die, die and have to do the mission over and over and over. Its like they just copied a GTA map, stuck in their own random side missions, then instead ofThere is nothing clever, new or challenging about this game. When you are given a mission, instead of it being difficult they just make sure to provide no instruction and overwhelm you with computer generated players so you die, die, die, die and have to do the mission over and over and over. Its like they just copied a GTA map, stuck in their own random side missions, then instead of doing anything new, they just make it difficult using the lazy methods mentioned above. Oh and the music, what a joke! It is a bunch of unheard of "tracks" from a bunch of lousy no-name artists. And you are supposed to feel and accomplishment when you unlock new songs?! Oh yeah, great I just unlocked another assault on my senses! Complete waste of time and money. Gonna find someone else to pawn this off on! Expand
  69. Jun 13, 2014
    It's freaking unfinished. This is why AAA games can never be trusted. Sometimes I get so disappointed with mainstream games that it forces me to post on this retarded site. Stop paying reviewers off Ubisoft and actually make a decent game.
  70. May 28, 2014
    What a disappointment.

What a disappointment.

The graphics are above average but not nearly what we expect in next-gen. The gameplay is repetitive and ridiculous. There is no way to physically engage pedestrians to cause mayhem. Either hit them with your car (assuming they don't magically dive out of the way) or start a gunfight which ruins the fun anyways. The vehicle handling is a joke. The cop abilities and response time and the entire chase sequences are complete failures. The hacking feature is silly - there is an object, hit the button and it will magically be hacked and will do one specific thing for you. Tada! The characters are completely forgettable.

This game is best described as Assassins Creed without the heart and soul put into it.
  71. May 28, 2014
    This game is actually pretty legit it's fun to play and mess around the city of Chicago with the hacking abilities as for the driving it's not as bad as what people say its good not the best but good enough.The story is ok nothing special and the side activities are fun for the most part overall I give an 8/10.
  72. May 28, 2014
    wifi grenades
    hackable pace makers
    RFID apartment keys exploding steam pipes "The IP address is coming from that room!" "shoot fired" "don't shot" "an helicopter" "2 on 10, would not bang" criminals talking about their crimes over the phone in an overtly-surveiled city no police Press X to Everything everything is a generic cliched game mechanic redressed in ctOS braindead AI
    wifi grenades
    hackable pace makers
    RFID apartment keys
    exploding steam pipes
    "The IP address is coming from that room!"
    "shoot fired" "don't shot" "an helicopter"
    "2 on 10, would not bang"
    no police
    Press X to Everything
    everything is a generic cliched game mechanic redressed in ctOS
    braindead AI with magic bottomless mags
    barebones cover shooter mechanics
    Press X to make dynamic cover from any one of 35,000 hand-placed forklifts
    PS2-era ragdolls with zero blending
    weak driving physics
    nonexistent destruction
    one crime to stop on foot
    3 ways to end a chase sequence
    undersides of cars are literally a black texture
    world mechanics lifted DIRECTLY from AC1 just like every other open-world ubisoft game
    boring story with inconsistent characters and tone and mediocre voice acting
    casually kill hundreds of sometimes-innocent people in your quest to secure your missing sister
    endless meme references
    ridiculous requirements for downgraded graphics with no optimisation
    horrible, **** soundtrack
    weak licensed radio which is really just a long playlist
    final boss is a QTE
    gunplay sucks
    graphics suck
    glitchy
    souless world
  73. May 28, 2014
    the game is so sh**ty, and already bought it for PS4, i wanna cut my b*lls, since theres no return policy for games in my country.
    -Can't hit people.
    -Car driving is like playing a bad racing game on ipad. -People are dumb. no reactions. -If you left your fuc*ing car crossover the street , the traffic will stop there forever, what the f**k is that?? I dont have the GTA syndrome. At
    -Can't hit people.
    -Car driving is like playing a bad racing game on ipad.
    -People are dumb. no reactions.
    I dont have the GTA syndrome.
    At least i can hear the voice of Sasha Gray in Saints Row.. but this?
  74. ag4
    Sep 1, 2014
    I don't care much about graphics, even small cize of city is fine. Although I find it hard there is no airport in Chicago? Oh I feel bad for people living there. But the biggest let down was how bad story was, the story was so incredibily bad I only finished the game because I did pay for it so I have to finish. But it was more pain than joy.
  75. Nov 14, 2014
    Horribly overhyped dull piece of crap. Add to that the horrible police rubberbanding (which makes it utterly impossible to ever, EVER lose the cops unless you have a gadget to prevent them spotting you in the first place. Just not fun.
  76. Jul 22, 2014
    Man this game is a disappointment. I had the opportunity to get a cheap copy and because of the hype I jumped on it. I have completed the first 3 or so chapters and seriously I don't really want to play it anymore. The different missions are all identical, the characters are dislikeable, Chicago is impressive but its small & lacks the wonderful variety of GTA5. There just really isn't anyMan this game is a disappointment. I had the opportunity to get a cheap copy and because of the hype I jumped on it. I have completed the first 3 or so chapters and seriously I don't really want to play it anymore. The different missions are all identical, the characters are dislikeable, Chicago is impressive but its small & lacks the wonderful variety of GTA5. There just really isn't any incentive for me to keep playing. I am just not emotionally invested in the storyline. I kinda want to complete it for the sake of finishing it but at this point their is just not enough interest in it for me to keep going.

It's not fair to compare it to GTA5 which was one of the all time best. But as a stand alone game it is just not worth the play time. Come on Ubisoft, I'm actually excited about ACU - please don't stuff it up.
  77. Jul 20, 2014
    First of all this game originally had a decent enough story and if they had taken more of a Deus Ex approach (game you be completed without killing anyone) would be much more entertaining. But unfortunately decides stealing the lead female character from girl with the dragon tattoo and something like a worse Die hard 4.0 script. I actually hard more fun playing sleeping dogs and that wasFirst of all this game originally had a decent enough story and if they had taken more of a Deus Ex approach (game you be completed without killing anyone) would be much more entertaining. But unfortunately decides stealing the lead female character from girl with the dragon tattoo and something like a worse Die hard 4.0 script. I actually hard more fun playing sleeping dogs and that was free on xbox games with gold. The games failures can be lowered to just 2 points. being over hyped and poor story .It does look good but not as good it was demoed at E3 and with people looking into the code and finding specific E3 code made just for that leaves a sour taste in the players mouth. Second the story is supposed to make you want to emphasise with the characters loss. But all I was left asking is why am I beating the crap out of everyone? Why am I so heavily armed? And WHY the **** am I forced to kill almost everyone due to no non lethal weapons options save a telescopic night stick. Nothing in this game comes close to something possible, a clear sign that a copy and paste of assassins creed but 'hacking'. Honestly I Didnt even want this game but is was on offer with the console bundle. Save your money. Expand
  78. Aug 1, 2014
    This game disappointed me greatly. Not only does it not live up to it's hype, but it just feels so... unfinished. It handles poorly with driving and the horn sounds on vehicles are very annoying. The story doesn't feel like one that needs finishing and is very similar to a lot of other games. Tasks become a chore after a while and the rewards are not very impressive or useful. This gameThis game disappointed me greatly. Not only does it not live up to it's hype, but it just feels so... unfinished. It handles poorly with driving and the horn sounds on vehicles are very annoying. The story doesn't feel like one that needs finishing and is very similar to a lot of other games. Tasks become a chore after a while and the rewards are not very impressive or useful. This game was hyped to be a competitor for GTA but it has fell short of that by a long distance. Expand
  79. May 29, 2014
    Foremost, before you buy this game I would like to warn you of the terrible car handling, as with most of these type of games from GTA, Just Cause 2 and Sleeping dogs the driving is one of the main part of the game. GTA driving mechanics weren't great, but Watch Dog are just awful, bordering unplayable.

The cars slip and slid around like that the ice part in Zelda: ocarina of time, - Don't turn enough and the car doesn't turn, turn too much and its slips'n'slids and fish tails around like crazy, hitting every, lamp post, car, fence, wall, pedestrian and building, which makes those - Chase guy mission frustrating, or tail that guy and invade the goons are just plan unenjoyable. And there are loads of these, the main campaign is mostly tail this guy, chase those guys oh and the terrible sneak into the build or sneak out without been seen, and if they catch you it's right back to the beginning again.

It take all the worst and annoying elements from other open world games, the parts that are just filling to add more packing to the game, Watch_Dogs is that, filler.

This is a god awful game, and a nasty little PC port..

Do not buy..
  80. Jul 24, 2014
    This game was the biggest disappointment ever. I won't even bother wasting time writing a full review. I just hope no one else wastes their money on this.
  81. May 31, 2014
    I usually do not post comments or reviews but this game is so poor and so over marketed that I had to share my feedbacks:

- the hacking system is really poor, all you have to do is to hold X: absolutely boring, no challenge, and it´s so easy that it´s become ridiculous: the hero is hacking the town with a kind of magic phone. - the driver system is broken: the physic engine is

- the driver system is broken: the physic engine is terrible and driving a car is like driving a block of iron on rails. Then each mission involving car driving is just a pain.

- the hero is just another stereotype of the guy who loose his son/niece/teddy bear/whatever and who now wants to clean the world from the über vilains.

Anyway, this game has been over marketed but it´s very weak, and it does not deserve its rating : it looks good, it smells good but in fact that´s just an empty shell.
  82. May 27, 2014
    Like my username says, I'm going to give my honest opinion of the game. No one has to agree, but I felt that I had to get this out of my system.
    I really don't like Watch Dogs and here's why:
    I really don't like Watch Dogs and here's why:
    1. Hacking- I do love the hacking in this game, don't get me wrong. I love when I'm in a speed chase and the car behind me gets slammed because I switched the traffic light. However, the hacking is mundane after using it to escape. Using hacking in stealth is a bit of a chore and not as much fun as during a high speed chase.
    2. You don't really get to choose what you want to do- Hear me out: I started the game and couldn't play chess with a guy in a coffee shop. Seriously? I have to unlock chess? What's worse is the guy in the shop said point blank, "Care for a game?" while the "NOT AVAILABLE" Sign lingered over his head. This was only a taste however. Whenever the player is trying to do something, say go to the next story way point, there will ALWAYS be something that the game tries to force on you. All criminal missions are randomized and appear on your phone usually when you are focused on something else. Do you want to catch criminals? Too bad, you actually have to wait for one to pop up. Don't want to catch criminals? Here's the next way point to where they are! The worst instance of this is the online multiplayer. TWICE I have gone to activate an activity or mission only to be invaded and forced to interact with someone trying to hack me. Do you want to turn off online? OH SORRY, YOU LOOSE A S*** TON OF PROGRESS POINTS! Seriously annoying.
    3. Boring- Sorry to say, but the characters have nothing going for them. I tried to get into the story, but it's lackluster and stale. There is no real drive or emotion portrayed by anyone.
    4.Failure- Maybe I'm not too good at the game, but whenever I tried to do something new that the game tried to teach me, I died instantly without getting a lesson completed. The only notification system of what you need to do is a bar in the upper left of the H.U.D. and if there are people shooting at you, you aren't going to look there.
    So that's a basic run through of why I don't like the game. For all of you guys posting 0 just because it didn't live up to hype, screw you, give a reason you don't like the game that doesn't involve marketing designed to get you to buy the game in the first game. To all of you posting 10 scores, If you liked it I really appreciate that. I couldn't like this game but you guys found parts to enjoy so congrats. But seriously, if it is a 10 for YOU give it a 10 and support why, don't just post random **** saying "BEST GAME EVER 10/10"
  83. May 28, 2014
    Yes, I played this game.
    Why?
    1. The whole game is like GTA 3.5 - ok, not a BIG problem.
    2. Bugs? Ok, it's 'normal' ...
    3. Camera - where is dynamic camera?
    4. Collision system.. really?
    5. Crowd system control - I thought after all ACs this would be mastered to perfection.
    6. Physics?
    7. Mechanics?

and so many other 'little' things...
  84. Sep 22, 2014
    game simply overrated and boring, ripetitve missions, graphics from old gen, character and story without charm. In summary this is a bad and poor copy of GTA. I've tried it for 2 / 3 hours and then returned. This is also a really bad example of marketing
  85. Jun 3, 2014
    The short version: Anyone saying that Ubisoft vastly under-delivered on what they promised is telling you the truth.

Everything else you need to know: The engine and the framework of the game is perfectly fun, but the entire experience is washed over by the insultingly bad writing and character development. By the end of the play through you start to realize that there are entire sections of game that you expected by watching all of the previews and yet never got to experience.

The Joseph DeMarco scene could specifically be called out as a prime example of what the Ubisoft team promised, however, that scene was almost entirely cut out and what was left was hastily re-used and written over for some completely left-field mouse character that holds zero relevance to the plot and serves only to distract and confuse the entire story.

A pure example of flimsy character development would be Aiden Pearce's original motivation, which is to pursue someone in anger after they made threats about a family member. Aiden Pearce's first move, then, is instantly to threaten that character's family members without ever caring that that was the very kind of action that had driven him to action in the first place.

The other characters are reduced to worn out stereotypes and tropes, and the Ubisoft team was apparently not afraid to seem racist or sexist in their characters. I can only count one female character who isn't brutalized by violence, and she is in the game for maybe 60 seconds. She's supposed to be a psychiatrist, but she's used only as a babysitter. There are zero black or otherwise non-white characters who aren't portrayed as uneducated violent thugs.

In the end this game boils down to the hardcore repressed teenage white male power fantasies that Hollywood has been shamelessly spitting out for ages. At the end of the game all of the heroes are white and all of the women and minorities are dead or forgotten.

Also I'm apparently supposed to be angry about the reduced graphics quality, but all in all that seems like the smallest broken promise from Ubisoft.
  86. May 31, 2014
    The game was terrible. Not only was it a rushed port on PC, but it's not that good of a quality game. This isn't the advertised product from E3. The driving is also terrible. This is why you don't rush games. The game could have been amazing, but the thirst for $ ruined it. This game deserved a late 2014 or a 2015 release date. Never again will I buy another Ubisoft product, for they justThe game was terrible. Not only was it a rushed port on PC, but it's not that good of a quality game. This isn't the advertised product from E3. The driving is also terrible. This is why you don't rush games. The game could have been amazing, but the thirst for $ ruined it. This game deserved a late 2014 or a 2015 release date. Never again will I buy another Ubisoft product, for they just rush things out and don't care if the product is even good quality, or as advertised. Expand
  87. May 27, 2014
    I picked up midnight release and already traded at walmart for 35$. For me it should have never been released. It's not fun or interesting and looks dated. But graphics don't matter if it's fun and it is not . Some interesting ideas in concept. Poor AI, boring hacking, repetitive game play and simple graphics. I bought ps4 version due to ubisoft and invidia deals blocking AMD. NoI picked up midnight release and already traded at walmart for 35$. For me it should have never been released. It's not fun or interesting and looks dated. But graphics don't matter if it's fun and it is not . Some interesting ideas in concept. Poor AI, boring hacking, repetitive game play and simple graphics. I bought ps4 version due to ubisoft and invidia deals blocking AMD. No reasons to waste your money. Expand
  88. May 27, 2014
    At the 2012 E3 reveal Watch Dogs was a promise of the future. It looked amazing, everything was clean. physics were unprecedented: vehicles acted believably upon collision. In the following years as the game was displayed more and more that original vision was put into question. Now the game is out for the final judgment on how it stacks up to that original vision.

The version I played

The version I played was on PS4 and can't speak to the PC version, however, the first thing you notice is how bad the game looks. I usually don't complain about aliasing but it's a big problem here. The shadows have an ugly dithering effect on their edges. Texture quality is all over the place. Items, vehicles, pedestrians, textures, will pop-up all the time in one of the worst immersion breaking aspects of the game. Overall the image quality is inconsistent and nowhere near what was shown at E3 2012.

While the game was sold on it's beautiful immersing world eventually graphics can be forgiven if the gameplay is good. That's not the case here. Gameplay is as equally bad as the visuals.

As soon as you notice how bad the game looks you'll notice how bad it feels. You start off in a small area and it feels cramped. The camera at maximum sensitivity is too slow with heavy acceleration layered on. This contradicts and hinders the playability of some of the arcadier distractions. By itself that's bad enough but upon any movement of Aidens body the camera wobbles around like an inebriated infant. The end result feels like you're wrestling with your avatar instead of being him.

Vehicle handling is just as bad. Even smaller sports cars feel wobbly and unresponsive. It's not a proper feeling of the weight of a vehicle. It just feels like trying to make a lump of play dough go straight in mud with a tooth pick. Vehicle collisions is another major letdown. Maybe the intent was to make the game forgiving but the result is that there is no sense of impact or inertia to collisions. If you hit a vehicle in any way but with dead center of your grill the non-player cars will just fly away and you'll keep going as if nothing happened. If you played the True Crime games this is exactly how it feels.

There are four different camera modes when driving. From behind, a more top down camera that give you a better view of the road ahead, hood cam, and most interestingly the cockpit cam. Unfortunately, the cockpit cam is useless since there's a very small allowable viewing angle and the camera is too slow to look around anyway. You can't even look to the left of the wheel.

One of the game's main selling points was the hacking. You could do some neat things with it like check most pedestrians backgrounds, steal their money, or predict whether they'll be a victim or criminal. However, in practical gaming terms it just acts as a long distance interact button. It's nice but by itself it won't carry the game. Also, the effects and indicators associated with
    hacking look bad and don't blend well with the world.

Overall, this is a game that fails on all of it's promises. It doesn't look good nor does it play well. The game was more than five years in the making with half a year delay and it still ended up feeling like a bad GTA clone from two generations ago. It's one standout feature doesn't do anything to change that. People like to quote Shiguru Miyomoto's, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." If that's the case this game needed another five and a half years of development.
  89. Oct 9, 2014
    Score 3 out of 10.

This new IP was well hyped but I didn't feel it came anywhere near the hype and successfully failed at delivering the vision that was in mind. The world isn't very immersive and hacking is simply a button press which doesn't feel like you're actually commiting the act. Pros - The graphics are really nice and the world itself looks authentic. - Getting invaded by
    Score 3 out of 10.

Pros
    - The graphics are really nice and the world itself looks authentic.
    - Getting invaded by another player can make for a very intense hide & seek.

Cons
    The driving mechanics are very poor & sluggish.
    The voice acting seems very monotone and not well written.
    Hacking is a one button press action that performs the same stuff over and over.
    Online features are like a cheap knock off and bad verison of GTAV.
  90. Aug 11, 2014
    The idea was sadly let down by the end product. The novelty of the hacking quickly disappears when you realise how bad the game mechanics are. More bugs than the Pixar back catalogue and an incredibly dull storyline with even worse side missions. Avoid.
  91. Sep 4, 2014
    If this is next gen then we are in some trouble. The graphics are horrible compared to the pc version. It ran better initially than the pc counterpart , but now all the patches are out on pc this just sits there collecting dust.. much like my ps4 actually.
  92. Sep 10, 2014
    One of the worst games I ever owned. Driving mechanics suck. All cops have perfect aim. You can't even jump in this game. Gameplay is horrible. I don't care about graphics. The graphics looked fine to me. Story got boring and couldn't follow it anymore. I beat this game and sold it for $25.
  93. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is not worth all the hype. Character development in this game is bland, story missions are boring and most of all a big cliche. Game play: Shooting mechanics are so-so, driving mechanics - HOLY **** MOTHER OF GOD, LIKE A PIECE OF TURD. No variety in online modes.
    Couldn't believe I bought in to all this hype. Regret buying it. Future buyers beware....
  94. Oct 12, 2014
    I received a free copy of Watch Dogs when purchasing my PS4 as part of a 4 day offer. The retailer was originally selling it for £54.99 so I considered it to be a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, I really could not get in to this game after each attempt of trying to find something to keep me interested.
    First and foremost, the controls are very different to most games these days, so straight away I was put off having to get used to them.
    Upon finishing the first mission and being able to free roam the City, I was able to access a nice looking sports car which is actually one of the best available in the game; this made the game seem very dull as if there is very little to work towards. Also, the driving psychics are terrible and the car navigation often leads to poor routes; leading straight in to a river for example.
    I typically adapt well to different games however, even some of the early missions required a walkthrough (at least for me).
    Now and then I give this game another try, but I end up turning it off after 20 minutes due to finding the gameplay so dull in general. I'm just glad this game came free with my console.
  95. Jan 11, 2015
    This game reminded me what a great game Grand Theft Auto is.
    I still can't believe Ubisoft considered this project to be GTA-killer.
    Main story is lame and boring. SPOILER ALLERT: AIDEN WILL GET HIS REVENGE.
    Side missions are repetitive and boring.
    Graphics are not impressive at all.
    Soundtrack is just bad.
    Gameplay is even worse.
  96. Aug 30, 2015
    Purely for the humour of finding out In game NPC information, otherwise it was nothing like e3 the promise it showed and what It could have achieved. All I was doing was playing as a character with an interesting skill set but failure to capitalise on this by ubisoft meant a lacking story and mediocre missions, I guess they were too busy developing the next assassins creed game to care forPurely for the humour of finding out In game NPC information, otherwise it was nothing like e3 the promise it showed and what It could have achieved. All I was doing was playing as a character with an interesting skill set but failure to capitalise on this by ubisoft meant a lacking story and mediocre missions, I guess they were too busy developing the next assassins creed game to care for this one, but Unity became a let down as well. Early faults in the game were present with invisible walls restricting movement on occasion. Expand
  97. Jun 5, 2014
    So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.

As this game is a colossal failure beyond my abilties to write in the form of sentences, I'm simply going to list all the problems in this "Sandbox" game:

Watch_Dogs automatically tries to force you into the "Good Karma" route as doing literally any actual "random" event on the world map is just "DURRR, EYM A CRIME SOLVUR, I LISTEN IN ON YUR PHOON N DEN GO 2 SUM PLEYC 2 WITNES SHET LOL". Playing as a bad guy? Well, you'll have no opportunity to say, take advantage of a situation but the worst crime here is the system itself. You need to stay close enough before & when the crime is being commited and If you step in just a little when the game deems it to be 99% close to a crime being commited (as symbolized by the PROBABILITY OF BEING A VICTIM TO A CRIME PERCENTAGE METER above a person's head), both parties (the robber and the one getting robbed, for example) will both fitz into a seizure, ignore eachother and start to casually powerwalk away from the location, and the game saying "HAHA, YOU FAILED TO PREVENT A CRIME, THE CRIMINAL SAW YOU THROUGH THE EYE IN HIS NECK AND NOW HE WILL GO AND COMMIT A CRIME ANOTHER DAY XD". It's just development stupidity beyond my imagination. What did I do subsequently? I shot the criminal in the back of his head and went away smiling. But shame that I got no reward stopping a future crime, nor did I get the opportunity to loot his corpse as the only thing I gained was a "MURDERER!!!!" popup at the top right of my screen.

The police in this game has to be some of the worst I've seen in a while. They are either ignorant, deaf and dumb clutz when you are sneaking around, taking them out loudly with a baton or they're all super-cops, unloading a 100% accuracy barrage of bullets from all directions after rushing to a scene at 160 km/h because they got a report that someone got bumped by a car. I even had the audacity to try and lose them by driving in reversed traffic at full speed in a sports-car. Nope nope nope, said Ubisoft, they have cybernetic implants along with a 600% boost to their handling and breaking capabilities when chasing you, Ubisoft states while jerking off. Don't ask why, our game is perfect and completely justifiles a 60€ pricetag that will drop faster than my libido after orgasm once people start reading reviews for our rubbish. Another police problem would be that patrol cars don't react to traffic laws being broken whatsoever. Drive in opposite lane? No problem. Bump and scratch into people? No problem. Be inches away from driving over a dozen pedestrians? No problem.

Another huge immersive problem would be the people themselves in the city. Apart from a few heavily scripted instances, the personality and overall consistency of the inhabitants are completely off. I've seen dozens of hobos playing virtual reality videogames on their high-end phones while listening in on people that "recently had a panic attack" talk in very deep, collective and calm voices about casually commiting illegal activity. And when that Isn't blatantly obvious, there's also the fact that ALL pedestrians are capable of literally pouncing away from your car If you approach them at even miniscule speeds. This includes eldery people and while seeing an old lady in her 80-90's spasm 4 feet away from my car's hood within the blink of an eye, It's not very realistic while also concreting in the "Good Karma" ideals that the developers have in mind, not letting you do mass murders so easily or realize the absurdly bad car physics to hitting a human body. The cutscenes also look abyssmal with every single NPC set of teeth resembling the detail with that of carved bricks of limestone.

Cars and every aspect of the driving element in this game is copypasted from Sleeping Dogs. While functional, It's FAR from what people expect in this kind of game and more importantly, it's way different from what was advertised as the only "dynamic" thing about cars in this game is that a few plastic covers will fall off after enough damage. The fact that some cars will THROW themselves on the horn 0.0000001 seconds if you slightly bump their rear end is also another example of horrid game design when combined with the constantly occuring scenario where I'd be driving through an intersection, have a truck drive past, I speed up, and the truck suddenly slams on his breaks as he's 85% done crossing the intersection, causing me to crash into his backside because the turd AI in this game told him "SCARY SCARY SITUATION, HE CLOSE, U SLAM BREAKS NOW OK?" It's cheap, It's false advertising and It's Watch Dogs. Stay away.
  98. May 27, 2014
    I did not expected ths game to be perfect. But at least average. Ou man, how I was dissapointed. It feels like PS2 game in early PS3 graphics (just running on PS4). The hacking missions itself are fine. But everything else is so unpolished and rushed. I would almost say unfinished. Driving model is joke. The damage and physics engine too. Each time I drive Im reminded of DeadlyI did not expected ths game to be perfect. But at least average. Ou man, how I was dissapointed. It feels like PS2 game in early PS3 graphics (just running on PS4). The hacking missions itself are fine. But everything else is so unpolished and rushed. I would almost say unfinished. Driving model is joke. The damage and physics engine too. Each time I drive Im reminded of Deadly Premonitions. :-) That is not good in game with many car chases and hack causing mass crashes on intersections.
    I they made it just about hacking missions (structure like Hitman or Splinter cell - semilinear levels in linear story) it could be fun 8/10 game. But they burried this part in so much mess, that I can not recomend this game for full price to anybody.
  99. Jul 12, 2014
    A terrible story with worse game mechanics and AI, which was over-hyped to an epic quality. The truly bored with anything resembling though are giving this high scores, but any thinking person will realize that the protagonist is not an Anti-Hero, he is just a villain. When you start to get into the game where the main hero apparently drops acid so he can have hallucination mini-gamesA terrible story with worse game mechanics and AI, which was over-hyped to an epic quality. The truly bored with anything resembling though are giving this high scores, but any thinking person will realize that the protagonist is not an Anti-Hero, he is just a villain. When you start to get into the game where the main hero apparently drops acid so he can have hallucination mini-games (he is not wearing AR glasses), and generally acting like a maniac in the open street, yet the moronic NPC AI just walks by talking about him as if he were Batman instead of the skell that just hacked their phone to steal their money, the immersion completely breaks down.

When your car wrecks (mostly due to the bad controls), start a chain reaction of explosions, injuries, and fires, you are waiting for the inevitable police, fire department, EMS, or for those moronic NPCs to actually head away from the danger, but apparently UbiSoft has never even heard of GTA. So there is no reaction, unless it was scripted, which completely destroys the claim of this being a sandbox game. If you cannot even be bothered to emulate the best in class for the genre, you really have no point in releasing.

Overall, this just proves the more advertising you see for a game, the worse it will be. I love games like this, as it clearly shows which advertising outlets are 'for sale'. Just search the Critic Reviews and note everyone over 80%, and add them to your blacklist.
  100. Apr 3, 2015
    I really love open world games, but this one is boring from beginning. Somehow they tried to bring something new in genre but completely failed. This game was complete waste of money. Tried to force myself to play few times but didn't make it. Don't know if this game start to be better after few hours but didn't managed to get there. If you like this kind of games get Sleeping DogsI really love open world games, but this one is boring from beginning. Somehow they tried to bring something new in genre but completely failed. This game was complete waste of money. Tried to force myself to play few times but didn't make it. Don't know if this game start to be better after few hours but didn't managed to get there. If you like this kind of games get Sleeping Dogs Definitive or something and enjoy! Don't waste your money on this one. Expand

1. Aug 6, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a fun open world experience. However, the repetitive chases and the formulaic gameplay tend to get tedious and boring after a while. As such, you might want to enjoy the different multiplayer experiences and take frequent breaks to just roam around the city.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 25, 2014
    It’s a bold first step on the new terrain for Ubisoft. The game is enjoyable, offers some interesting mechanics and lasts for long enough, but is bland as a whole. The characters lack personalities, the city could use more distinctness and the story is instantly forgettable. [07/2014, p.46]
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    Overall, it is almost without a doubt the best platformer that has popped up on the current generation of consoles and is a bedrock on which Ubisoft could build a brand to remember.