6.2

1. Jun 10, 2014
    I really wanted to like it.
    I was sold by the hype machine at E3 for the game and eagerly awaited the day I could get my hands on it.
    Now that I am playing it, I feel like it has become a chore to finish.
    GTA5 knocks this game out in the first round. GTA5 had characters and story and a real feel to the world, Watch Dogs is cold and lame and just doesn't capture me.
    Such a disappointment.
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    Well, massive disappointment, it's not that it's really bad, or glitchy. It works ok, and that's just it, OK sums up the entire game. It's not managed to live up to any kind of PS4/ next gen expectations. The whole game has had me just thinking 'meh' every step of the way! Sure it's got lots to do in the game, I have lots of housework to do and odd jobs around the house, doesn't make itWell, massive disappointment, it's not that it's really bad, or glitchy. It works ok, and that's just it, OK sums up the entire game. It's not managed to live up to any kind of PS4/ next gen expectations. The whole game has had me just thinking 'meh' every step of the way! Sure it's got lots to do in the game, I have lots of housework to do and odd jobs around the house, doesn't make it fun to do. And so, like my odd jobs around the home I do them little and half heartedly as I know there is other things I'd rather be doing! The campaign is dull, the side missions are dull, the cars are dull, the music is dull, the... Look, it's just dull. OK?

I just got a couple of campaign missions further and I turned it off to buy and download Worms Battlegrounds... why? because I was pretty bored, and I shouldn't be.

the 0's given to this game are from butt hurt kids no doubt, but the 8-10's need to seriously question whether they are really satisfied with this kind of mediocre 'entertainment'

The delays on launch of this game were because they honestly knew this would have disappeared off the gaming map if they hit the next gen console launch date! Just like Killzone Shadowfall did. Instead release it when the market is dry, charge a fortune for it and walk away counting the money.

And that's why I can understand the low reviews, they hyped the hell out of this game, the media machine was huge and in full swing for this one. And it had no chance to deliver. ever.

I'm bored of this game. I'm done with this game. I will forget entirely about this game in a few months. I just hope Destiny is hell of a lot better!
  3. Jun 12, 2014
    First off, Watch_Dogs isn't a horrendus game. Its main flaw is the GTA V was released. Whilst GTA V felt like a next gen game in last gen's body, this feels the opposite. The one major twist that this game has going for it is the hacking element, which is a one button deal, but adds an extra element of gameplay to missions, both on foot and off. However, On certain missions, I found myselfFirst off, Watch_Dogs isn't a horrendus game. Its main flaw is the GTA V was released. Whilst GTA V felt like a next gen game in last gen's body, this feels the opposite. The one major twist that this game has going for it is the hacking element, which is a one button deal, but adds an extra element of gameplay to missions, both on foot and off. However, On certain missions, I found myself not even having to enter the "restricted area" to complete the mission, making the game a matter of finding the right camera to do the job, rather than a game of skill.
    The major bane of mine though is the driving. It is awful. Beyond words. Cars feel very cartoony, smashing through anything apart from trees always in a massive cloud of dust and sparks, yet losing little momentum. Cars feel the same, with variations only in speed, and have no weight to them. Another thing about this game (and not only this game) is how the game seems to rush. An example. Your character never walks anywhere. Another example. He gets in a car, and somehow, the engine is started before he even sits down and shuts the door. The whole process of breaking in a car to driving away lasts about 2-3 seconds.
    And the character. He is dull. And just seems to mess up not only his own life, but his family's lives. And he never apologises for putting them in danger. Also, for someone who cares sooo much about his family, he doesnt seem too concerned with taking the lives of civilians, stealing their money or spying on them. The best characters in the game are the side characters.
    Tech wise, this game has a veneer of prettiness, that is all too easily scraped off. Why is the reflection on the side of a skyscraper a reflection of an empty city road. On every building? Why do the L Train tracks sometimes run nowhere? Why when it rains, do cars not get wet, or splash as they go through puddles? Why are there so many people in Chicago related to Olympic athletes? And why oh why is Chicago so lifeless and devoid of traffic?
    Storyline wise, Im not sure sometime what is going on. I am aware of the general direction, that he is avenging the death of his niece, but missions confuse me sometimes. Why was Jordi holding some people hostage in "Not the Pizza Guy"? Why will no one meet Aiden face to face without leading him on a merry chase?"
    Chicago itself is a dull place. Too quiet, boring and lifeless. Look at Los Santos. Full of character, always something happening, a joy to explore. Chicago has none of this. There is no inspiring areas to play about in, everything just feels the same.
    Music in the game is terrible, so much so that I switched it off. Look at GTA V. The music hand picked to suit the feeling of the city Enough said.
    All together, Watch_Dogs is an OK game at best, but is by no means a next gen game. Wait for GTA V to come out and show Ubisoft what a next gen open world should be. Ubisoft should seriously consider finishing their games before release, this has the same unfinished feel as the AC games. From now on, I shall not be buying any open city game unless the Rockstar Logo is on it, I have been massively dissapointed by everything else.
  4. May 31, 2014
    I bought this game even though many people said the graphics were terrible...that's the least of your worries with this game. The game has its upside, the voice acting and shooting mechanics ( on console, PS4) are very good, there is and abundance of other things to do besides the main story also. That's it, the rest is pretty terrible, the AI pathing ( the AI in general ), the driving isI bought this game even though many people said the graphics were terrible...that's the least of your worries with this game. The game has its upside, the voice acting and shooting mechanics ( on console, PS4) are very good, there is and abundance of other things to do besides the main story also. That's it, the rest is pretty terrible, the AI pathing ( the AI in general ), the driving is like driving on ice with bald tires and the Audio for everything is un-synced, and very cheesy C-Rate movie sounding, the hacking gets boring and the city feels dead and uninviting. There is some entertainment value, but not enough to get me through the entire game, very repetitive. Rather than spend $60 on it, red box it or use gamefly and just try it out, this game would be better suited at the 39.99 range even then it's a bad deal. This game was delayed for 7 months, SEVEN and it's still extremely buggy and is lacking in a lot of features...The Multiplayer is a gimmick, nothing more. There is NO customization to be had online, and it offers very little replay value. Save the full price, and give Wolfenstein: A New Order a try instead. This game could be great, maybe they get it right with the sequel. Have a nice day
    - Sam
  5. Jun 18, 2014
    This game was all talk and no delivery. It is flawed in so many ways. Constant repetition over and over again of almost identical quests and side quests. No ability to surrender during a police chase without being gunned down for your sometimes minor criminal act. Selecting a weapon in the weapon wheel draws the weapon automatically meaning that every weapon selection outside of a questThis game was all talk and no delivery. It is flawed in so many ways. Constant repetition over and over again of almost identical quests and side quests. No ability to surrender during a police chase without being gunned down for your sometimes minor criminal act. Selecting a weapon in the weapon wheel draws the weapon automatically meaning that every weapon selection outside of a quest could result in 911 being called. This game is one of those nice ideas that just did not measure up when delivered. The developers have a great concept but it needs way more to make it a game that is worth holding onto. Expand
  6. Jun 16, 2014
    I feel like i've wasted $60 for a game that is not totally bad as many haters reviewed, but its absolutely not the 'next-gen' experience we've been promised.

This game does not look that bad but it pales in comparison with Infamous Second Son, with the graphics during daytime looking bland and washed out. Ubisoft also for me, failed to nail the scale of a bustling city. Hate to say it, but truthfully no one has ever come close to GTA V in replicating a really realistic living breathing city, not even Infamous Second Son. This felt like a wasted opportunity.

I'm disappointed that after reading a few reviews from reviewers that I've held in high regards, I could not seem to get to enjoy Watch Dogs at all like they did. I've bought it on launch day, and since then has only played this dull game 6 times. I'm seriously considering selling this game.

For those who enjoy taking your time to soak in the atmosphere, driving leisurely around open world maps and stopping at certain places to enjoy the atmosphere, this game is not for you. It feels like a botched up job and the ultra big budget marketing campaign feels like an exaggerated lie.

And the driving physics is just plain wrong. For an open world game where the majority of the time you have to traverse the large map by driving, I feel that Ubisoft really crashed and burned on this aspect of the game. There are no two ways about it. Its just dumb elastic car physics. You will fail a lot when trying to turn. It's so unrealistic how the cars turn it felt like a cheap low budget racing game you play on your phone.

Try the game first before you buy
  7. Jun 10, 2014
    I'm a little dissapoint of this game. The most comercial game and dont work propely because Ubisoft AGAIN show how not know the word Optimalizaction. The Hacking is very nice but is only a little plus.
  8. Jun 11, 2014
    The hacking game play is great and combined with the items (grenades,IEDS, proximity mines) you can craft it makes all the side stuff a great deal of fun in how many ways you can approach enemy encounters. The gunplay is solid but the weapons are all very standard and you can't upgrade or modify them which would have been fun. The story started out ok kind of letting you get to know AidanThe hacking game play is great and combined with the items (grenades,IEDS, proximity mines) you can craft it makes all the side stuff a great deal of fun in how many ways you can approach enemy encounters. The gunplay is solid but the weapons are all very standard and you can't upgrade or modify them which would have been fun. The story started out ok kind of letting you get to know Aidan and a little about his back story but it just became something we have played through so many times before.

For me the most of the fun came from side missions and running into random events in the open world, there was some good characters but most of them where not fleshed out as much as they could have been. It seems to me this could have been a great game on all fronts but suffered due to it being developed for so many platforms. I hope the next installment is like Assassins Creed 2 in that it expands upon the great ideas the original put forward.
  9. May 31, 2014
    Poor, not next gen, large, funny moments, it's not the game they show us, ubisoft liers... No es lo promotional ni de lejos. No vale la pena el dinero q piden. Conduccion mala. Historia mala, tiroteos se salva. No es un juego coherente pero al nenos es largo
  10. Jun 6, 2014
    As much as I enjoy the game I find it terribly boring. The game was, as a lot of people say, hyped way too much. What I played versus what I wanted was very different. The missions and story weren't very well put together and for a game that's so focused on the tools you can use to fight back with it feels like just a plain 3rd person shooter most of the time, and a painfully boringAs much as I enjoy the game I find it terribly boring. The game was, as a lot of people say, hyped way too much. What I played versus what I wanted was very different. The missions and story weren't very well put together and for a game that's so focused on the tools you can use to fight back with it feels like just a plain 3rd person shooter most of the time, and a painfully boring one....I feel as though the game could have been a lot more in terms of potential when in all reality most of the game is either hit or miss....I tried to like it, but I really just didn't. Expand
  11. Jun 2, 2014
    Watch Dogs was one of the most anticipated games when it was first shown at E3 back in 2012. Two years later and we finally got a chance to play it, and does it live up to the hype and anticipation? Some say yes, some say no, some people are still unsure, and others never cared in the first place! As far as I’m concerned the game is a total flop. Some things work, most don’t at all, andWatch Dogs was one of the most anticipated games when it was first shown at E3 back in 2012. Two years later and we finally got a chance to play it, and does it live up to the hype and anticipation? Some say yes, some say no, some people are still unsure, and others never cared in the first place! As far as I’m concerned the game is a total flop. Some things work, most don’t at all, and the issues are extremely distracting from the game.

First of all I don’t know what I was expecting, but I think I was expecting a little more than GTA V or Assassins Creed but with hacking. It feels like an older concept and I was really hoping for something fresh. The repetitiveness of missions gets old after about five hours. An endless cycle of car chase, sneak/hack aspect, and then another shootout; eventually it makes you want to rip your hair out. Don’t get me wrong the hacking is fun and cool to a point, but it just wasn’t enough to save this game. It’s countless other issues make it less enjoyable and more frustrating to be honest.

The voice acting isn’t great, but it’s far from terrible! A lot of the characters, mainly Jordi Chin, shine strong while others fall flat and add little to nothing to the story. Speaking of the story, it’s cool I guess but it feels forced and it frequently gets sidetracked! All in all this aspect of the game adds nothing and it may as well just been an open world hacking game.

Easily the most frustrating component of Watch Dogs is the online hacking, where other players can interrupt your story to hack you for points. It’s not that it’s difficult to deal with, but that you cannot progress with the campaign if somebody is hacking you. It detracts from the interest in the storyline, which is already boring enough on it’s own.

I wouldn’t say Watch Dogs is a bad game; it’s just barely mediocre. Certain aspects are positive; such as the driving that everybody seems to be complaining about but I love, some of the main characters are entertaining and well-acted, while the hacking eventually bores it is very cool and new, and it is truly visually stunning! Other components have ruined the game for me and that’s unfortunate because I was really looking forward to it for a while. So while I could not stand Watch Dogs, I see it’s appeal and encourage fans of GTA or AC to check it out. ShaunaOH gives Watch Dogs a 5/10!!
  12. Jun 2, 2014
    It'd get a better score if this were a good representation of Chicago. There are no mountains with hydroelectric dams anywhere near Chicago. Six total dams in Illinois and none of them are in a mountain!!! Did they ever visit Chicago? I've read that they did, but they got SO MUCH SO WRONG!!!

There is no stadium to the South West of Chicago either. There's three in town and none are where the "May Stadium" is located.

As a game, it's okay. Graphics seem pretty dated. Gameplay mechanics also seem pretty dated. Looks like the cross-gen development really hurt the game.

Did the players of Infamous Second Son feel like their town wasn't represented properly?!?
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    Very disappointed with the game. The main character is so bland and the story itself is very generic. Ubisoft clearly tries way too hard to make this their Grand Theft Auto and congratulations, it's a sandbox game with no heart and soul.
  14. May 31, 2014
    The fools who allow a game's graphics to determine the game's quality are children who are complaining the keys being jingled in their face aren't shinny enough. Graphics do not tell you whether a game is good or not. When it comes down to it the most important aspect is the gameplay. And as much as I want to love this game I feel a bit disappointed. This is not GTA 5 and should not beThe fools who allow a game's graphics to determine the game's quality are children who are complaining the keys being jingled in their face aren't shinny enough. Graphics do not tell you whether a game is good or not. When it comes down to it the most important aspect is the gameplay. And as much as I want to love this game I feel a bit disappointed. This is not GTA 5 and should not be compared to it in any way. What the game should be held up to is Sleeping Dogs or Deus Ex Human Revolution. And in that regard I'd say Sleeping Dogs is a better game, and Deus Ex is leagues better. But I wouldn't say the game is bad, there are some great redeeming factors. But where the game falls short is the missed opportunity to explore the issues regarding Big Brother and NSA issues, the story seems to be misguided. It can't tell whether it wants to be silly like Saints Row 4 or if it wants to be the Dark Knight. The story is the same cookie cutter story you'll see anywhere else. Revenge and betrayal. The driving mechanics are... eh. The cars feel clunky, it's hard to describe what I don't like about the driving. It just doesn't feel smooth or realistic like Sleeping Dogs. Comparing the driving to GTA 5 seems unfair as GTA 5 relied heavily on driving mechanics and with the online mode giving players the ability to race one another they really needed to have the driving down perfectly. Watch Dogs use them as a means of transportation, chasing and escaping. They are not such a big focus as other games had.

Now, my major issue is the gameplay. Sleeping Dogs wanted to give players a modern open world experience but not have guns be the main focus. They did so cleverly, as the country does not allow citizens to own guns. They could make them extremely rare thus focusing more on combat, and the game's fighting was very well done because of it. This game needed to make the gun a last resort. Watch Dogs throws you into way too many gunfights. When the game should have you focus more on hacking and stealth. At times you'll be able to choose hack/stealth or gun it out. I'd recommend giving yourself the challenge to go with hacking and stealth. That is where the game truly shines. Finding a clever way to navigate heavily guarded areas feels rewarding. But the game makes shooting the faster means of solving the problem. Deus Ex Human Revolution gave players the ability to choose stealth or shoot, but you were much more rewarded for using stealth and not killing people. Stealth non-lethal takedowns gave you much, much more experience. And this is why I bring up that game, Watch Dogs needed to break the mold on shoot em up missions by making hacking and tactics the overall better option. Also the times you'll use stealth and hacking to get around you'll notice how repetitive the solutions are. Some are extremely clever and you'll give yourself a pat on the back for doing so. But many times you'll often repeat that one clever solution.

The game is still a lot of fun, I love hacking and stealing data although I wish the world was more full of NPC and buildings you can enter. You'll interactive with the many electronics around the world but you won't interact with the world it's self. But I'd still recommend you try it. The online play is fun and the game will throw you some tough challenges. It's a good start and I hope this game becomes a franchise, because I would love to see it improve in Watch Dogs 2. But ultimately I'd say Deus Ex Human Revolution is a much better game, Sleeping Dogs is better too but that's not to say this game isn't good. I'd give it a meh/10
  15. Jul 4, 2014
    Not sure why I spent $60 on this game. It's a shoddy copy of GTA with lame hacking. Definitely one of the most overrated games of the year. I'd feel more satisfied selling it to GameStop and getting $20. Not sure why I spent $60 on this game. It's a shoddy copy of GTA with lame hacking. Definitely one of the most overrated games of the year. I'd feel more satisfied selling it to GameStopNot sure why I spent $60 on this game. It's a shoddy copy of GTA with lame hacking. Definitely one of the most overrated games of the year. I'd feel more satisfied selling it to GameStop and getting $20. Not sure why I spent $60 on this game. It's a shoddy copy of GTA with lame hacking. Definitely one of the most overrated games of the year. I'd feel more satisfied selling it to GameStop and getting $20. Not sure why I spent $60 on this game. It's a shoddy copy of GTA with lame hacking. Definitely one of the most overrated games of the year. I'd feel more satisfied selling it to GameStop and getting $20. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2014
    The Good

-A rich and vibrant world
    -Some good level design
    -Enjoyed the hacking element

The Bad

-Vehicle handling is poor
    -Sound design is woeful, cars and guns in particular sound awful
    -Side quests can become repetitive
    -Doesn't look great for a supposedly "next gen" game

Overall, an
    ok game but definitely not the game we we're promised when announced.
  17. May 29, 2014
    I have played the version for both "next generation" consoles and the PS4 version has a better image and resolution than the XBox-one version, however the game in both consoles is monotonous and boring no new tricks or challenges at the time to hack things, it is really disappointing it feels like ubisoft rush to finish the game and the results were really far from our expectations. ThisI have played the version for both "next generation" consoles and the PS4 version has a better image and resolution than the XBox-one version, however the game in both consoles is monotonous and boring no new tricks or challenges at the time to hack things, it is really disappointing it feels like ubisoft rush to finish the game and the results were really far from our expectations. This game is another Titan fall, another waste of time and not worth to be played. Expand
  18. Jun 5, 2014
    There are 2 things significantly wrong with this game and I'll list them in order of Gameplay and then Technical issues.

Gameplay: 1) The controls are not intuitive on PC controls. The use of middle mouse button clicks and then scrolling to control menu is slow, cumbersome and frequently inaccurate. Its impossible this was not highlighted in play testing. 2) The crouch hide mechanism

Gameplay:
    2) The crouch hide mechanism is daft. It only works when you are in specific area otherwise you character will just stand then taking fire. And then when it works is still doesn't work corretly and you'll find yourself hiding in the wrong side of a barrier.
    3) Frustrating elements of having to take down (non lethal enemies). This is stupid. You are tasked to attack and probably kill tons of enemies armed to the teeth but you must melee them to take them "down". Totally useless especially when these target can killed by explosives accidentally and you have to restart.
    4) When you finish the game you cant redo old missions you can only replay those mostly crappy VR games.
    5) Driving controls are crap in the game and the game forces you to use vehicles that you dont want. If you enter a mission (first time) with a vehicle you want you get one try. If you fail and restart it will remove everything you had before that like you own vehicle. So sometimes these driving/chasing missions are depend on luck if you get a good vehicle for you. Other times they force you to use crap vehicles. This just feels forced and a waste of time.

Technical (on PC)
    I tried to like this game but its a horrible pile of code on the PC. With a decent rig the game will and sometimes take out the OS as well. It also will degrade performance if you restart / reload too many times. Then game will get gradually slower until unplayable (about 3-5 reloads / mission restarts) then you have to restart you the game or your computer to get back to normal performance. Tested on two different machines and a google of performance issues on Watch Dogs will give you tons of hits.

Lack of in game save of PC is just stupid. You cant select different save slots etc you only have checkpoint saves that you cant chose. So you something goes bad and it check points you then you are practically screwed. In essence you cant experiment because unless you played a mission before you dont want to end up in a situation where you experimented but are check pointed badly. The only alternative is then restarting the entire mission. Possibly a game limitation for old (PS2) era limitations but surely not for modern consoles and definitely not for PC.

I see such high meta scores, I'm wondering if Ubisoft are paying them off or something... sounds fishy.
  19. Jun 25, 2014
    A terrible, unfinished mess of a game that, despite its ambition, is simply not fun to play. And why is no one mentioning the insanely long load times?
  20. Jun 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i can't believe the dishonest **** who would give this average game a 10 or a 100. The game certainly is not the worst thing... but it not really that good. It was marketed as a new experience with amazing graphics and a tight storyline filled with interesting characters... it is not. As far as the new experience thing goes, i would say it sort of fullfills that promise, we have truly never seen an open world game that has this take on the genre, but it is also not THAT unique. The graphics are AWFULL this game was not well optimized and the """"""gameplay""""" trailer from 2 years ago is complete **** since the actual graphics are really not that good. Thes storyline... was there any? i just remember that if the bad guys would have continued doing their thing without interruption would have caused less misery than what the "hero" of the story causes. The characters are mostly bland, especially the hero, but there are 2 who are actually good but underused, the assassin veteran and the hacker tatooed chick. Overall the low score i am issuing is mostly because the marketing for the game lied completely and the game delivered very little compared to what they promised. Its an average game , or maybe even above average, if this game would have comed out without the bs marketing tecniques i might have issued it a 7 or a 6, but as it stands i can't bring myself to do it.

pd: also Uplay is very annoying and unnesesary.

i am from argentina please forgive the spelling, puntuation and language mistakes thanks
  21. May 29, 2014
    First I want to say here that in my opinion graphics are not important , but what Ubisoft has crossed the line and tricked the entire gaming community .

Watch_Dogs fou advertised with surreal graphics course in the PC version , with realistic physics and realism by the AI . The game looked stupidly gorgeous and wonderful visuals. But came to E3 2013 and the first downgrade of the game was visible . Here's a visual look and there it spawned a revolt in the community , then came the joke referring Ubisoft will GTAV and then the game was delayed EIGHT months and Ubisoft excuse was : " We need to enhance the game , fix some bugs "

And if memory serves me , the more gameplays Watch_Dogs emerged in the period of late 2013 and early 2014 and a further downgrade was visible again , the visuals of E3 2012 were gone and the game was getting ugly. After Ubisoft released a trailer for a SEASON PASS for Watch_Dogs and this widespread revolt , at least for me .

After the game was leaked and many people downloaded it for PC , of course it was not the full version but the game was completely different from the game we saw at E3 2012 and slightly worse than the version of E3 2013.

The game has several flaws , starting with the graph, which loses old games like GTAIV , gameplay , physics of cars and DAMN DETAIL REFLECTIONS plus SEVERAL bugs .

The positives are the history and fun Easter Eggs , otherwise the game does not deserve to be bought , so my rating is 5 .

Forgiveness for the bad english , I'm using Gogle Translate because I'm Brazilian and do not dominate the American language .
  22. May 31, 2014
    I'm very disappointed by this game. First of all the graphics are good but so far away from the E3 2012 trailer. I don't understand why this game has been delayed when you see the outcome.
    The gunfights and the AI are very good but that's all. The driving gameplay is just horrible, there are no shadows with the lights of your car, the physics is 5 years dated. The hobbies the game proposes are pointless but fun. The story is simple and give me a feeling of "Deja vu". My point is Watch dogs is over-hyped and he don't get things done. Sorry Ubisoft but maybe Watch Dogs 2 will be as good as this one should have been.
  23. Jun 3, 2014
    It's nice to see how polarized the critics are on that game. Either you like or you don't. I stand right in the middle, where after ~20 hours of gameplay, I'm not sure what to think of that game.
    I've never been a fan of Ubisoft, for their habit to milk the s*%t out of a franchise and force it down your throat (just like Activision is doing, however they got MP right!). Watch Dogs seems to be another attempt at pushing something down your throat, something you already experienced somewhere in other Ubi games and that they tried to hide (Ubi is found of their towers and unlocking them to reveal the map...)

For a start, this is not a next gen game. Especially after playing Second Son or Kill Zone. This game doesn't look better than The Last of Us or GTA V but on par. TLOU and GTAV were on last gen console by the way. There is a tremendous let down compared to what they showed at E3 2 years ago.

While the game might have been delayed because of GTA V, I don't see why it took so long to release something that looks unfinished: the free running missions, digital trips and NVZM missions look like they're patched over the game, for no reasons at all. While other side missions are part of the game and fall into the flow of the game, some others seem like a botched attempt at adding content.

The game aslo suffers of the "Skyrim" syndrome, where you can just go everywhere and do what you want, without guidance and boundaries. Right out of the box, you get thrown in there with no real incentive to do the main quest. On top of that, side quests keeps poping in you HUD, like they're trying to convince you to do other stuff than the main quest. By the time I was at the 3rd mission of act one, I already had unlocked 7 guns, without shooting anything or anyone. You get rewards for side quests, that aren't relevant to the main quest, therefor overpowering you quickly.

Ubisoft has the tendency to throw tips and help at your face when you start to play a game. However, instead of making short and concise, they give you a whole freakin paragraph, that you need to read, while getting shot at, hacked, hanged by the balls and raped... Just to learn how to run... Either show me how to play slowly, or give me quick tips, with concise sentences : "Press R2 to run", "Hold O to jump over obstacles", etc.

There is one thing that I don't understand. While Ubisoft is know for milking their franchises, some of them got really good, like AC. Controls are spot on in AC. So I don't understand why they decided to remap the whole controller with new controls instead of using those from AC. They might claim that it's a new game and they don't want us to associate it with other games they made, but we know you Ubi, so why pretend when we know that most of Watch Dogs mechanics come from other games?

The main story is fun, secondary characters are well written and interesting. Online is new and fresh, but often bring bugs into the game when you leave a MP match.

Controls are clunky, driving is bad (like driving a Zamboni with a Turbo), side quests are irrelevant and badly implemented, HUD is overcrowded with info. Can't shoot while driving and hitting the car doesn't affect it much, though the AI is pretty dumb when you race a NPC.

Watch Dogs is awfully standard at best. Far from next gen, this game isn't worth 69.99 CAD. Then again, when there is nothing to play on PS4 you might think about getting it. If I were to get the game again, I would wait for a price cut. This is not GOTY material: scale isn't everything... Ask Arkham Asylum ;)
  24. Jun 16, 2014
    I'm not gonna start blabbing on about how the game is nothing like what they showed us 2 years ago, because let's face it, no game ever looks as good as its E3 demo.
    No, the reason I'm here is because I played the game, and after 40 hours of endless "stop this crime" missions, I have concluded that Watch Dogs is one of the worst open world games to come out in a very long time. My major issue with the game is how dead and empty it feels. Every single mission is milked and repeated over and over again. Several times I found myself asking, didn't I kill this guy before? Didn't I stop this crime a couple hours ago? Didn't I chase this car yesterday?
    I struggle just to explain how repetetive the game is. It's the same with the story. Every single story mission finds you hiding behind a dumpster trying to hack SOMETHING.
    Which brings me to the hacking, the main gimmick behind the game. How is it? Well, for an hour or so, it's actually quite fun. But once you realize that every single hack is scripted, the joy ends. You see, the hacking is basically "press 'square' to watch an animation of something happening". Eveything from exploding underground pipes to moving bridges is scripted.
    When the ONLY marketing draw of the game is bad, you know the game is screwed. But no, the mediocrity continues.
    Before I talk about the driving, let me get this out of the way. As a main character, Aiden is worse than AC3's Connor.
    Driving, as you must have heard a thousand times, is awful. There are no propper physics and the car damage belongs to the PS2 era. The only vehicle that was remotely fun to drive is the motorcycle.
    In brief, the game is terrible beyond redemption. The only thing that is actually good is the soundtrack.
    We all know Watch Dogs 2 is coming out in 2015, or if things go south, 2016, because it's Ubisoft. So let's hope WD2 takes the same road AC2 took: Turn a mediocre game into game of the decade.
  25. Jun 6, 2014
    Game gets boring fast, kinda sluggish in some areas and have not seen any dog yet. Why did it sell soo many copies? there is nothing else to play on the PS4.
  26. Jun 23, 2014
    Buying this Game was a bad fail.....it is totally overhyped.
    Story is insulting my intelligence. Cardboard characters, cars are so stupid and there are always the same missions, Kill a guy or drive a race.
    MISSPURCHASE
  27. Jun 2, 2014
    From the user reviews I've read so far, the people who gave high ratings, say that people who gave it low ratings was only because they had high expectations. While that may be true for some people. I didn't even hear about this game until a couple months ago. The concept seemed cool, but it fell on its face, when i started playing it i quickly realized "this is GTA but lets just addFrom the user reviews I've read so far, the people who gave high ratings, say that people who gave it low ratings was only because they had high expectations. While that may be true for some people. I didn't even hear about this game until a couple months ago. The concept seemed cool, but it fell on its face, when i started playing it i quickly realized "this is GTA but lets just add environmental interaction through 'hacking' ". While some parts of the game are fun, not being able to shoot while driving, being forced to sneak around for some parts. I would recommend installing the game on your hard drive, because if you mess up a mission the loading times are irritating. The side missions are passable, most of them are not that fun, Most of the time you will mess up more than once and you have to learn the encounters(not what i'm looking for in a game like this). I only really like stopping the crimes. Some redeeming factors of the game that i like is the main story, it's actually intriguing. I like that you can hop the L-train and fast travel or just go for a ride to where you want to go if you're feeling leisurely. I also liked they way they introduced a form of PVP in the game with the mobile app to console play, it's fun but also sometimes can be unfair when another play is hacking you, It can be on the annoying side when you're about to start a mission then all of a sudden you get invaded out of nowhere (you should choose to PVP and not almost be forced to). It's a cool concept but, i think it needs some improvement Also one review i read said that it was a similar to how 'assassins creed 1' was, If this were remotely true i would have enjoyed it more. I was quickly bored with this game, other than the main story (I'll give Ubisoft that, they write some good stories for their games) Watch Dogs was not what i had expected the 'hacking" should be more prevalent and less of the guns and shoot em up aspects(it didn't really fit the main character to be a hacker but just be ok with shooting people, doesn't make sense to me), i had more fun playing Saints Row 3 and 4, Sleeping Dogs, and GTA V, Watch Dogs seemed to Hype up changing this genre of games but it fell flat to me. Expand
  28. Jun 20, 2014
    This game is a ****fest. Unfinished, riddled with bugs and glitches, has unforgivably bad optimization, forced mouse acceleration, dead enemies respawning when you reload the game to a state which they were already dead and the list goes on. The graphics are not even good! It can't come close to deserve the hype it got. The reasons this game is getting 80 something from reviews areThis game is a ****fest. Unfinished, riddled with bugs and glitches, has unforgivably bad optimization, forced mouse acceleration, dead enemies respawning when you reload the game to a state which they were already dead and the list goes on. The graphics are not even good! It can't come close to deserve the hype it got. The reasons this game is getting 80 something from reviews are reviewers are probably bought out and the hype makes people think this game is good. Couple hours of potential fun can't make this messed up game deserve its asking price and the place it has among gaming community. Do spend your 60 dollars on this. You deserve better. Expand
  29. Jun 10, 2014
    This game has it all!
    --Excessive hand-holding: Such as icons literally all over the screen that you cannot turn off, not even in the laughable "realistic" mode.
    --Driving physics... there are none. Total failure. --Open world? pffft. Not really. More like.... Open City. --Horrible AI. Too many examples to even expound upon. --Main character is a joke. As is the story.
    This game has it all!
    --Driving physics... there are none. Total failure.
    --Open world? pffft. Not really. More like.... Open City.
    --Horrible AI. Too many examples to even expound upon.
    --Main character is a joke. As is the story.
    --Customization? Gimme a break. Choose colors of your laughable hat/halfmask/jacket. And the levelups are merely unlocks to some more boring abilities to PRESS X HERE. PRESS X THERE.
    --Camera and control: No options here either. Deal with it.
    --Cover system/stealth: is fine, but not at the level one would expect. You mostly cower behind stuff and click the appropriate X HERE... blah blah blah. Until the blind AI walks a few feet in a different direction.
    --Graphics: meh.
    --Sound: Fail. Conversations have no baring on distance/location.
    --Weapons decent to good, but they really don't seem to want you to use them much.

Overall, an innovative idea in the sandbox genre that just fails to live up to the hype.
  30. Jun 17, 2014
    garbage. Overhyped by a lying game company called ubisoft. Boring open world game, with very dumb ai. Stay away if you do not want to get the feeling of wasting your money..
  31. Jun 22, 2014
    This game is mediocre at best. It's extremely repetitive, and it's far from what a "next-gen' game should be.
    One of the first things that stands out is the graphics, which are just absolutely pathetic and awful for a "next-gen" game. It honestly looks like an xbox 360 game.
    Like I mentioned above, the gameplay is mediocre, but repetitive. There are a lot of cool concepts and ideas that this game has the potential to build upon, but for the most part, they're pretty undeveloped and pretty shallow.
    Also, "Aiden," the main character, is absolute garbage. He's one of the worst characters in any game I've ever played. His gravelly, monotone voice is annoying, and he really brings nothing to the game. Ubisoft would have been better off having a voiceless, nameless character for their lead, as Aiden just sucks.
    Another horrible aspect of the game is the driving, which is horrendous.

With all these negatives, it's not to say that "Watch Dogs" is a bad game; it's just not good.
  32. Jun 20, 2014
    Watch_dogs, an incredibly detailed and nice looking world with nothing interesting to do. Controls are bad, story bad, missions lack design and every thing is repeated over and over again. Some missions lacked any consideration of the entertaining value what-so-ever. The required Uplay, which does not allow for shortcuts outside its environment makes it integrate with Windows poorly.
  33. Jun 11, 2014
    Hugely let down. Just a normal shooter with average shooting with ELEMENTS of hacking in a HACKING GAME. The plot is terrible aside from some stand out character, but this is nowhere near GTA V standards. Even if GTA had a bigger budget than WD , WD is supposedly next gen. I'm not even half one done and I'm definitely returning this. It just can't knock off it's GTA similarities, which isHugely let down. Just a normal shooter with average shooting with ELEMENTS of hacking in a HACKING GAME. The plot is terrible aside from some stand out character, but this is nowhere near GTA V standards. Even if GTA had a bigger budget than WD , WD is supposedly next gen. I'm not even half one done and I'm definitely returning this. It just can't knock off it's GTA similarities, which is a shame for everybody that saw the e3 2012 demo and thought it was true next gen. You're better off with that GTA V next gen port coming out in Fall. This game is average, taking elements from Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed, GTA, and other popular games and makes them bland. Just don't believe the hype. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2014
    After playing a finishing the game, I return to "fix" my previous rating of 7. This is definitely not a 7.

I don't really understand how people can say this is a different kind of gameplay. The Watch Dogs (all platforms) gameplay is nearly identical to GTA V or Assassin's Creed. You have the same "main story" structure, about the same actions to perform and same side-quests/minigames.

The main difference is that this game contains a much more annoying forcible push to multiplayer but in modes that are unimaginative and repetitive. They get really old and really fast and are much worse than the also repetitive single player "side quests".

The city isn't breathing life, it's idiotic. Shoot a person? Police are on to you and you lose "street cred", ok. Run over a civilian? No police but you get a drop in reputation. Cause an accident killing tens of civilians or intentionally push a car to crush pedestrians? Nothing.

Civilians behave idiotically following accidents. Often they remain in burning cars or sit around burning cars waiting to explode. They don't tend to each other, no police goes on the scene and no ambulances come as well, no matter how many dead.

The story is bland (although not as predictive as some say), the world isn't immerssive (nowhere near Assassin's Creed for example), the characters are stereotypical cardboard and some are downright annoying.

Also, Aiden is unable to jump over stuff. Sure, he can vault over obstacles, but he can't jump over a half a meter pit to get from a railing to a roof (the kind of jumps they breeze through in Assassin's Creed).

I am willing to disregard technical issues but the failing in storytelling and gameplay I can't forgive. I'm giving it a 5 because it's slightly better than the PC version
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    I was looking for a true NEXT-GEN experience with this game, I looked forward to it highly. I could not have been more disappointed in the final results. This is a half-assed game. The plot is phoned in, the "hacking" is mundane at best, the ONE death animation for shooting someone reeks of laziness. This game is simply BAD. I'm so disappointed that I purchased it, I'm trading itI was looking for a true NEXT-GEN experience with this game, I looked forward to it highly. I could not have been more disappointed in the final results. This is a half-assed game. The plot is phoned in, the "hacking" is mundane at best, the ONE death animation for shooting someone reeks of laziness. This game is simply BAD. I'm so disappointed that I purchased it, I'm trading it in for as much credit as I can get ASAP. Expand
  36. Jun 6, 2014
    The amount of game breaking glitches in this title is truly a sign of indolence on the part of the designers. You didn't save my last mission I've completed, but saved all of my unlocks and purchases after the mission? You ask me to immobilize target(s) and yet they kill themselves with absolutely 0 intervention? I retry the mission - this time peeking around the corner - and they gotThe amount of game breaking glitches in this title is truly a sign of indolence on the part of the designers. You didn't save my last mission I've completed, but saved all of my unlocks and purchases after the mission? You ask me to immobilize target(s) and yet they kill themselves with absolutely 0 intervention? I retry the mission - this time peeking around the corner - and they got themselves into a car accident?

I attempted to record the mission, just to prove how idiotic the game is, but my Ps4 only recorded the last 2 seconds of gameplay. I tried to start a record session, and the game didn't even record. My Ps4 has had 0 issues with any other game in the topic of recording.

The Graphics are obviously downgraded. You should not allowed to fabricate gameplay at any press conference just to garner attention. Every model except Aiden looks as if they were made out of clay - especially the cars and environment during the day. Speaking of cars, do the designers have drivers licenses? Have they ever drove more than one car? Most of the cars drive the same - like ****

Game receives a lowly 3 out of 10 for the innumerable amount of game breaking errors (that example was one of tens) and the impudence the designers treated us with.
  37. May 31, 2014
    Oh Watch Dogs. I remember hoping aboard your hype train when you were first showed off at E3 last year. Then news came out that the PS4 version you showed off at E3 was actually a PC version, using a PS3 controller. Then the delays came, then the announcement of DLC and a Season Pass 5 months before the games actually release killed all of my hopes for you.

First let me start off by

First let me start off by saying. I did not waste $60 for this game. I waited patiently and pirated this game along with a crack. I have a strict code of not giving companies money for a game, when they are announcing DLC 5 months before the game even comes out. It just tells me "Yeah! Its already in the game! You just gotta pay for it!" Fun fact, when you actually look into the game and its files, you will see files that once opened and inspected, contains said DLC.

Onto my review

Graphics:
    Graphics are meh at best. But what do you expect when they are also creating the game for last gen consoles....It sufferers greatly and this game can pretty much be looked at, as a port across the PS4, X1 AND PC platforms. Granted, Ubisoft shoot themselves in the foot by showing off false gameplay that early and wasn't expecting not being able to achieve those graphics without suffering from terrible frame rate issues.

Gameplay:
    So...I can shoot anyone at will....but I can punch them unless they are bad? Whats the point of ether being good or bad then, if you are already limited to what you can do. I can do all this crazy parkour...but I can't jump on my own, unless im running and constantly moving? I can just do a little hop? The cars are like rubber bands and they slide all around. I can't tell you how many innocents I killed, just by attempting to make a turn and end up sliding into the pavement and into a crowd of people. This is what its like for all cars mind you. I tried using each brake once separately while not accelerating, didn't help. I even used BOTH at the same time and it made it even worse. He can drive with one hand, while looking at his phone with the other, not paying attention to the road so he can hack....but he can't stick a pistol out the window and do some "blind fire"? C'mon. If my first three hack attempts fail at stopping the cops, due to poor timing, why can't I shoot out their tires? You're pretty much punishing the player. Climbing Towers and hacking into them to open up more networks? HMMMM....Where have I seen THAT before? Surely not in AC 1-4 and Far Cry 3...where you have to climb ontop of something really high, do something and then unlock that part of the map? Hacking is extremely over hyped. You just point at something or someone and hold a button down. Thats it. Its just a gun that doesn't shoot bullets. Frame Rates have dropped for me to the point I had to do a hard reset after the game freezes. Uplay also doesn't help its cause at all. Why do I need online to play Singler Player again? Ohhh. Justa quick money grab and hoping to sell me stuff thats already in the game! Thats why! derp.

Sound: Soundtrack is decent, nice selection of songs. When it comes to the voice acting...forgettable. The Main Hero is your stereotypical guy who tries to have a deep, grizzly Batman voice but fails. The other characters are also forgettable and extremely cheesy. Then there is T-Bone....A Watered Down, Bootleg version of Trevor Philips from GTA 5.

Game in general is garbage and to those who are still on the fence about buying it. Do yourselves a favor and wait for it to drop down in price or grab it used when it hits $30.
  38. May 31, 2014
    We're do I start, very disappointed I want like the but can't seem to, the graphics are not 4th gen at all, I was playing the 2 year old hitman absolution on ps3 and thought this has far superior graphics to watchdogs this can't be right.
    Poor graphics look out for the lack of facial details in the cutscenes especially the one were you meet Aidens sister there bland and not much better than some late ps2 games.
    The open world just doesn't seem fun, especially when you compare the bright Gta 5 world.
    Overall we're all falling for the lack of game availability on ps4 if there was more titles to compare then even the mainstream reviews would be poor.
    All in all I am bored after 3 days back to the superior AC5 that at least taps in to some of the PS4 power.
  39. Jun 2, 2014
    I find it interesting that major game review sites are giving this game stellar reviews and a little under half of all the reviews here give it negative or mixed reviews. Clearly, the big game review sites don't want to offend UBI for making yet another crappy game.

So why do I not like this game? Unskippable cutscenes for starters. Then you got the super laggy vehicle controls. Cars handle worse than if I was riding on a drunken, pregnant hippo. Then the "puzzle games." And the story itself. About a guy who steals stuff from other people but on the side he helps the police by stopping bad guys. Sometimes beating the S*** out of them. Sometimes killing them outright. What a freaking mess of a game this is.
  40. Jul 7, 2014
    This game proves that Ubisoft isn't capable of making good games. They really managed to overhype the game from the beginning with great looking graphics, gameplay and so on. The fact is a different story. The game is extremely dumb, amateurish looking, flawed and glitchy... Compared to other games in the genre this is majorly disappointing...
  41. Jun 19, 2014
    Alright, I bought this game less than a week ago. Everyone was all horned up about this game, and to be honest it sounded and looked kinda promising.
    I was reluctant at first since Ubisoft has always disappointed me in almost any game they released - except for "stick of truth" of course but then that wasn't really Ubisoft that deserves the credits for that game.
    I am returning
    I am returning WATCH_DOGS tomorrow since it may very well be the worst game that I have ever bought. I will NEVER again buy a Ubisoft game!
    True, it ain't exactly N64 graphics but heck this is 2014 and I just expect a little more than what this game offers.

And to add to all this is the usual flaws of an Ubisoft game, and I think most gamers understand what that means...
  42. Jun 18, 2014
    PC players. If you have this game already, do yourself a favor and get the correction done on Guru3D. Some want to call it a mod, but a mod modifies the game. The visuals were already there, just not enabled by Ubisoft. Which brings me to the score they receive. This is either the most gross of incompetent stupidity or a deliberate gimp for parity on the next gen platforms. While itPC players. If you have this game already, do yourself a favor and get the correction done on Guru3D. Some want to call it a mod, but a mod modifies the game. The visuals were already there, just not enabled by Ubisoft. Which brings me to the score they receive. This is either the most gross of incompetent stupidity or a deliberate gimp for parity on the next gen platforms. While it still has many issues, the correction goes a LONG way to correcting this.

If you don't have this game yet, do yourself a favor and avoid this until it is the bargain bin and all the patches have been done. Hopefully Ubisoft will unlock the visuals, but if not, Guru3D will still have it and have made many strides by then. This game would have normally received a 6 or 7, but the gimp is inexcusable.
  43. LTR
    Jul 4, 2014
    The most hyped game of the year turns out to be the ultimate disappointment. The story is boring, the gameplay is boring, the music is terrible and the online was terrible.
  44. Jul 7, 2014
    Lies about the gameplay, lies about the graphics, lies about innovation, lies about next gen, evil DLC policy mixed with evil pre-order bonuses.
    This game is a cynically designed mess which manages to offer no challenge, a pointless gimmick which involves pressing a single button and something awesome happening, which is so down right cancerous that I wish the fad died back in 2008. There really is nothing good to say about this game, it does absolutely nothing, apart from animation, to even try and pretend to be a quality product, let alone a good video game. I can audibly feel shareholders clapping and nodding with satisfaction at this game.
    It makes me sick, products like this are why the game industry is **** and people that buy them are trying to kill video games as an art form.
  45. May 29, 2014
    In short:
    Ubisoft has failed to deliver a good product. Things that are in almost all games since 2000, like for instance the effect of splashes when you shoot on water, should have been implemented. You could say that this is a tiny error. But there are lots of those.
    The story is not interesting at all. The game becomes repetitive and boring very quickly. The multiplayer is be
    In short:

The multiplayer is be fun. But I'm afraid it will get very boring after a while. (I haven't played that for a long time)
  46. Jun 7, 2014
    No one seems to mention the story, and,,the main character,,,,is idiotic...nothing he says, or does, makes any sense at all...he robs people ,kills them, commits murders..but then get upset if he sees a purse snatching or other crime...and must go stop it....he commits all kinds of crimes but suddenly doesn't want to kill a witness and goes way out of his way to not kill him....ofNo one seems to mention the story, and,,the main character,,,,is idiotic...nothing he says, or does, makes any sense at all...he robs people ,kills them, commits murders..but then get upset if he sees a purse snatching or other crime...and must go stop it....he commits all kinds of crimes but suddenly doesn't want to kill a witness and goes way out of his way to not kill him....of course,,killing all kinds of people along the way,,,,,.it's all so very very,,,stupid...there's a game in here somewhere, good luck finding it. Expand
  47. Jun 8, 2014
    I was not expecting anything out of this game, I bought a PS4 just recently and decided this would be the first game I tried. I was highly disapointed with it.

-The story is very predictible and dull, straight out of a B class movie. -The gameplay is ok, but there is little to no challenge. -Cars are literaly unbreakable, car takedowns are terrible, if you create an accident with a

-The story is very predictible and dull, straight out of a B class movie.
    -The gameplay is ok, but there is little to no challenge.
    -Cars are literaly unbreakable, car takedowns are terrible, if you create an accident with a traffic light you get no takedown, but if you press the button when it asks you to, you automaticaly take down the car. Note: I took down a fire truck with an aveo of some sort.

Played the game for about 4-5 hours, never finished the story line, I simply sold it for 50$, I guess its not too bad for testing the ps4.

On a general note, I am a bit disapointed of the lack of game after 8 months of the ps4 being out.
  48. Jun 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to say I was heavily disappointed by this game. Personally, I had been looking forward to this for a long time, as soon as the concept was announced I was on board and was excited when things geared up to the release date...this quickly changed after a few hours of Gameplay.
    My main issues include:
    1.) Generic/repetitive gameplay
    I was initially impressed and enjoyed the hacking abilities provided to us in the game as they were new and unique to gameplay in general on such a large format but after a couple of missions the couple of distraction/explosion options became very repetitive, you can only trip a car alarm or raise a forklift to grasp the attention of enemies so many times before it becomes a bore. I know there's only so much that could be done but surely Ubisoft could have held back on some stuff or added more as the game progressed for a bit of variety. In the end it dwindled down to 3 types of gameplay 1.) Sneak/stealth through an area to hack a box; 2.) Escape from or destroy police/fixers who are chasing after you; 3.) Shoot out/kill a bunch of people. Doing the same 3 things with slight variety over and over really does take its toll.
    2.) Very poorly written storyline
    Incredibly generic and boring, a white guy with stuble seeks revenge on the death of family member? Come on Ubisoft, how cliche can you get? The plot for the game really just revolves getting revenge on the people who killed your niece/kidnapped your sister/or (spoilers) killed Clara to some degree. I think a companies writing is very poor when they have to rely on the deaths/suffering of female characters to create drama/plot. I thought this was 2014, can we not get some decent writing that doesn't follow the damsel in distress story-line?
    The areas of plot I was interested in were completely brushed over. The Human Trafficking storyline was only relevant for a couple of missions and was never heard from again (even though that's what Ubisoft marketed the game about) which was disappointing as I think it's such a powerful issue in our society today, especially one that's not very well known about, I think exposing this issues in Watch Dogs could have opened up some new boundaries.
    3.) Poorly done characterisation
    Aiden was a rather bland and unlikable main character, there was nothing notable or unique about him that could make him stand out. He's just another generic white guy with stuble, there's nothing wrong with white male characters but mixing things up now and then really doesn't hurt.
    Characters that were completely brushed aside (i.e. Default) without any reasoning. For example, there's a massive build up and hunt down for the character Default but it all ends in you hitting him over the head in the street and walking away? It just felt so weak, we know nothing about that character, hell we don't even know what he looks like.
    All in all most characters just weren't fleshed out, they had no depth and therefore I felt nothing for them when they went through hardships/died/betrayed/etc. I thought the writing for pretty much all the characters was done to a low standard, AC2 proves Ubisoft can create interesting characters/characters of diversity/strong female characters so I'm not very tolerant to their standard in Watch Dogs.
    4.) Rubbish side missions
    Extremely repetitive, definitely a case of quantity over quality. Even side missions I found really interesting/liked doing initially got boring because of the sheer amount of them (i.e. Crimes detected and Gang Hideouts) and ones that weren't repetitive and were actually interesting ended up having a poor execution (I.e. Missing Persons mission).
    5.) Bad/clumsy controls
    I know people will always agree/disagree on this concept when it came to games but personally I found the handling, especially with driving, to be very poorly done. I found the controls to be very clumsy in some areas which made some missions/gameplay a bit frustrating.

This is by no means the worst game I've ever played, Watch Dogs did have some unique concepts and enjoyable moments but overall I found myself bored/frustrated while playing this game rather than excited/interested, which really says something for all the hype surrounding it prior to release. I'm actually glad I got this game as a gift because if I'd paid for it myself I would have felt like I lost out on a bit of money.
  49. May 28, 2014
    This is the game I and my roommate have been waiting for too long since 2012-2013 E3. My roommate had some connections and got into E3 2013. He came back and told me how good the game would be. So, we purchased PS4 the moment it released and waited for the game. Sadly it is not exactly what I expect. But make no mistake, the game is good, or at least OK on next gen console. I will goThis is the game I and my roommate have been waiting for too long since 2012-2013 E3. My roommate had some connections and got into E3 2013. He came back and told me how good the game would be. So, we purchased PS4 the moment it released and waited for the game. Sadly it is not exactly what I expect. But make no mistake, the game is good, or at least OK on next gen console. I will go through my feelings about it.
    Graphics: If this game was only available on last gen console, I will applaud for its graphics. Especially the lighting effects are very attractive. I believe that most people would agree that the city looks better at dawn or in mid-night. When comes bad weather, it is also phenomenal. Not just raining effect, but also true storm feelings.
    So what are bads for graphics?
    1. Details are not as we expected. Facial motions, damage, etc.
    2. Even though lighting effects or partical effects are good, the HORRIBLE optimization ruined this game. These effects are good, but are they so good that PS4 can only play it in 900p? If you check PS3 version, you will notice that fps drops dramatically every time when you turn around your visions in the game. Pay attention to the background environment, they don't even vertically lined up.
    3. For PC, I don't want to comment. The recommend system setting is an evidence of bad optimization. Sandbox games are cpu killers, but for graphic cards, you usually do not expect them to be this high level (FPS games do on the other hand).

Gaming experience: since we haven't done online part yet, I will leave it behind and only comment on the single player part. Again, like GTA V, Watch Dogs has the fundamental elements you expected for sandbox games. They are functional, and some aspects like chasing part are better than GTA V. I always find that GTA V has some weird running ways that sometimes make me laugh. In Watch Dogs, it is much better, and very cinematic. I guess most people, who do not satisfied what the game offering, are just like me, who find this game somehow boring. I think the problem is because of the hacking system. The hacking system is a brilliant idea, but maybe because of first time attempt, it executes in a wrong way. What I expect is that the system is not only a police-fooling toy, but also a way to interact with the city and all NPCs. Apparently, this is not the case in the game. You can hack bystanders' bank account, but the thing you can do are limited, not even could you decide how much money you want to withdraw. You can also find personal information about strangers, but so what? It won't affect the way you solve those missions. Believe me, every time ends up with a chase and ass-kicking. When those information being just messages instead of intels or tools to solve a puzzle, what is the fun of hacking? If not hacking, then why am I purchasing this game instead of playing a classical masterpiece like GTA V?
    Again, this is just a review from a somehow disappointed gamer. I like this franchise and the idea behind it. But Ubisoft really need more time to get out of the shadow of GTA V and build a new world that people want to hack into.
  50. Jun 8, 2014
    It's obviously not an absolutely horrible game and so doesn't deserve a zero score. But it does deserve a poor score: It is a disappointment in almost every aspect. Little more that I can say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely not what it was marketed to be- if this defines next gen, then best to take a few year gaming hiatus. But we know that advertising ploy is simply not theIt's obviously not an absolutely horrible game and so doesn't deserve a zero score. But it does deserve a poor score: It is a disappointment in almost every aspect. Little more that I can say that hasn't already been said. Absolutely not what it was marketed to be- if this defines next gen, then best to take a few year gaming hiatus. But we know that advertising ploy is simply not the truth. The marketing was a lie and we know that from playing the game: dull game play, keep holding that button down to hack, worthless plot, last gen graphics, poor driving, awful third person view (how long do you really want to stare at the back of this stereotypical pointless character's dull jacket), lack of freedom/reward/fun... "Fanboys" is such an overused and meaningless insult. Fact of the matter is that yes I would rather be playing GTAV than this every time I try to play this game. I accept the fact that this was a waste of my sixty bucks. Perhaps the fanboys of this game cannot and so they defend it while calling those who compare it to GTAV "fanboys" But the games are very comparable and watch dogs fails against GTAV in almost every regard. Maybe if they hadn't have taken themselves so seriously (if the had taken that cue from GTAV), that the best games combine seriousness and self reflective humor in balance, then this game wouldn't have been such an epic let down. Expand
  51. Jun 19, 2014
    I admit I fell for the hype and bought this game, The first 3 acts is basically a tutorial that contains repetitive missions such as tailing and get this guy in some building called A and escape... similar to AC Black Flag, Aiden Pearce is unrelatable and fight's for a greater cause even though he is less greater, other issues such as chunky driving, small side missions and online modesI admit I fell for the hype and bought this game, The first 3 acts is basically a tutorial that contains repetitive missions such as tailing and get this guy in some building called A and escape... similar to AC Black Flag, Aiden Pearce is unrelatable and fight's for a greater cause even though he is less greater, other issues such as chunky driving, small side missions and online modes which run there course after the first few hours of playing, The game though does pick up into the 4th and 5th act but by then i was burnt out, plus the online aspect of hacking and 4 v 4 is enjoyable, my conclusion is buy this when on sale. Expand
  52. Jun 4, 2014
    Seeing as how this game was pushed back 6 months just to fix bugs, I feel like I need to critique this game a bit more harshly considering the game was finished back when it was pushed back. Considering that, this game is is almost a complete failure in what it tried to do and what it didn't accomplish.
    Firstly, consider the graphics. Considered the first "truly next gen" experience, as it was being billed, this game on the next-gen consoles looks almost exactly like the last gen stuff. There is no way it looks better than InFamous did back in March and, in particular, the facial features were awful. I've seen better facial features on characters in games dating back a year or two. The graphics are a definite let down.
    Next is the gameplay mechanics. The hacking system is the big thing that seperates this game from other GTA-style sandbox games. It doesn't do enough to truly make a name of itself in the genre and that is extremely unfortunate. The genre is in desperate need of an original idea and this didn't quite deliver. The hacking is ok but it's not enough to separate this game from the pack.
    The story is fairly standard but it's passable. The problem I have are with the characters, in particular the main character, Aiden Pierce. They try to bill you as a Vigilante throughout the game but, make no mistake about this, Aiden is a bad guy. He's only got one redeemable trait and that's his love for his family but that doesn't get in the way of him easily killing people for no reason and stealing from people with cancer (yes this is true). They try to make him seem like a poor soul trapped in the world he's living in but the fact of the matter is that he enjoys what he does and he'll never redeem himself because he enjoys it so much. There's so much hypocrisy involved with this character it's astounding and the writers here failed to deliver with him and pretty much everyone else in the game. I certainly won't remember a single character from this game in the next month and that's the sign of bad design
    In the end about the only thing I enjoyed with this game was the online multiplayer stuff, even though that was not handle in the best way, and the fact that there are alot of side missions and distractions to keep you from realizing you're playing a game that, not only doesn't live up to the hype, but isn't even close to the quality of game that InFamous or GTA 5 were. Ubisoft is billing this as a new flagship franchise here and I can only hope that repeat what they did with Assassin's Creed 1 and 2. While 1 is not very good at all, 2 will redeem the franchise just enough to make it a AAA title going forward. Very disappointed by how things turned out here.
  53. Jun 2, 2014
    I hate the way this game is masked as a "free roam game" there is almost no point in deviating from the main story line other than to buy craft-ables and weapons. The main character is not cool and is inconsistent in his role. Like a lot of people I also do not like the way you can wipe out the entire gang then have to knock down the leader. Another useless part is the reputation bar.I hate the way this game is masked as a "free roam game" there is almost no point in deviating from the main story line other than to buy craft-ables and weapons. The main character is not cool and is inconsistent in his role. Like a lot of people I also do not like the way you can wipe out the entire gang then have to knock down the leader. Another useless part is the reputation bar. Your actions do not matter. One good thing was how alive they made the city, and hacking traffic lights and watching accidents is about all this game was really good for though. Laughable unoriginal characters (girl with dragon tattoo being one of them.), generic main story missions and repetitive gun fights make this a very mediocre game. Expand
  54. May 29, 2014
    Why are there so many reviews about other people's reviews? That's their opinion and here is mine. Watch Dogs was suppose to be the first game I got for PS4. Then it got delayed so Ubisoft could "fine tune" it. So after all the wait and hype I finally get my hands on this game and my lust for Watch Dogs quickly faded. I wanted to love this game, but it was just such a let down. AlmostWhy are there so many reviews about other people's reviews? That's their opinion and here is mine. Watch Dogs was suppose to be the first game I got for PS4. Then it got delayed so Ubisoft could "fine tune" it. So after all the wait and hype I finally get my hands on this game and my lust for Watch Dogs quickly faded. I wanted to love this game, but it was just such a let down. Almost every aspect of this games seems so unpolished and rushed. They turned a very good concept into a very lackluster game. I would not recommend wasting $60 on this game. Expand
  55. Jun 3, 2014
    A 30 gigabyte loading screen with nothing of great interest on the other side. It's boring. It's dull. It's not an epic action-hacking game. It's a third person shooter with some "hacking" elements (and by hacking, I mean pressing the 'x' button at an object". The AI is embarrassing, the story is a contrived cliche joke with only 1 or 2 memorable, interesting characters. Some parts areA 30 gigabyte loading screen with nothing of great interest on the other side. It's boring. It's dull. It's not an epic action-hacking game. It's a third person shooter with some "hacking" elements (and by hacking, I mean pressing the 'x' button at an object". The AI is embarrassing, the story is a contrived cliche joke with only 1 or 2 memorable, interesting characters. Some parts are frustrating beyond belief (no, not because they're hard, I'm not afraid of a challenge as long as it's fair). Having to chase a guy in a sports car through busy Chicago streets when the only vehicle they give you is an old station wagon isn't fair. It's bland and boring and I was rooting for it to be over after about 2 hours. It's not awful, it's just offensive because it promised so much and delivered on so little. If you want a fun interesting single-player game, get Wolfenstein. Expand
  56. Jun 19, 2014
    Oh god what happened to this game?! hahaha! I couldn't be more disappointed. Everything about the game is very average, the hacking is unimaginative and bland. The main character and story are deplorably bad. There's this huge world of hacking, yet you're stuck in a very narrow, boring story? Doesn't make sense. I'm usually very flexible with video games, I understand the effort it takesOh god what happened to this game?! hahaha! I couldn't be more disappointed. Everything about the game is very average, the hacking is unimaginative and bland. The main character and story are deplorably bad. There's this huge world of hacking, yet you're stuck in a very narrow, boring story? Doesn't make sense. I'm usually very flexible with video games, I understand the effort it takes to make a video game and can accept when they're rough around the edges. But this is just a straight up, poor game. Expand
  57. May 31, 2014
    0? 2??4? Which mark should I point?
    After first 10 minutes i decided to stop and give a second chance to game tomorrow...
    Next day another 10 minutes and another second chance. Today was the last ten minutes. Why? Graphics is on the 2008 level? - Yes Gameplay is boring, hacking is boring, environment is boring? - yes Characters is unbelievable , missions primitive? - yes Aiden is a
    0? 2??4? Which mark should I point?
    Next day another 10 minutes and another second chance.
    Today was the last ten minutes.
    Why?
    Graphics is on the 2008 level? - Yes
    Gameplay is boring, hacking is boring, environment is boring? - yes
    Characters is unbelievable , missions primitive? - yes
    Aiden is a family man? - yes

What s wrong ubi? Why not october 13? Now gtav looks much much better and nobody forget about it.
    How much parts of game u should publish to get a perfect quality? Watch dogs 3? 5? 7?

Its new line for your assassins team, but this summer you assassinated most part of fans.
    For me better to replay gtav or iv ..

No games to play this summer...but no way watchdogs
  58. May 30, 2014
    Another soulless game From Ubisoft. There's absolutely nothing interesting here. Just a copypaste of other games. Supposed to be serious and big but finally is oriented on kids and casual players, tho.

Seems like Ubi is already not interested in making good games for players(like it was before). Those annoying commercials, PR, marketing and imposes of the game looks more expensive than game itself.

Awful, Ubi. Stop doing that sh*t. You'll never be the best if you chase quantity only. U completely destroyed Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Prince Of Persia. STOP IT.

I wish Ubi be like before -_- . When they didn't kill theyr franchises even at the start of theyr existence, indeed, because of stupid audience rush.
  59. Jun 3, 2014
    when this game release it deferent from 2012 a lot it fail
    and physic ingame it bad gun play it bad too

i can not play untill finish real 555555

i hope the divition is not same this
  60. Jun 5, 2014
    O jogo é legal mais a mecânica da direção dos veículos é um horror, realmente terrível e como o player passa 60% do game dirigindo a coisa complica e muito...
  61. May 28, 2014
    Does not live up to hype. (this is a parody review). Just because a game doesn't live up to your high expectations doesn't make it instantly bad.
  62. Jun 1, 2014
    The gameplay felt mediocre at best. The driving was positively abysmal, controls felt ridiculously floaty and disconnected. The story didn't go anywhere near to drawing me in. Bland and predictable. I tried to play the game as stealthily as possible and it boiled down to simply distracting guards and pressing "O" over and over. It got old quick. Like most games with bolted on RPG elements,The gameplay felt mediocre at best. The driving was positively abysmal, controls felt ridiculously floaty and disconnected. The story didn't go anywhere near to drawing me in. Bland and predictable. I tried to play the game as stealthily as possible and it boiled down to simply distracting guards and pressing "O" over and over. It got old quick. Like most games with bolted on RPG elements, this one could be easily completed by not putting any points in to any skill trees. The game's rendering of the city of Chicago was monotone and boring to explore. Expand
  63. May 30, 2014
    For starters, the game was not downgraded graphics wise, it ran on a PC at E3 and now you're seeing console gameplay, those who think it was are sheep who believe that because of rumours.

I had cancelled my pre ordered, but decided I would pre order it again a few days before it's release. I had worries that the handling of cars wouldn't be done right, which for me is a game breaker in an open world game and I was correct, the cars feel underpowered, I hate that it burnouts every time you smash the throttle, it just doesn't feel right having to slowly increase the pressure on R2. The controller rarely vibrates and the cars bounce off objects like they're made of rubber. Even the little things, like driving into the water and he instantly jumps out instead of potentially drowning. It's like the first few 3D GTA's, they just didn't have everything right at the time.

The story is boring and does very little when trying to invoke feelings towards the character(s), voice acting is dull, especially that BadBoy character *knock off Batman voice*, the lip sync is terrible, hacking doesn't go deep enough for my liking and I found the map wasn't very well designed, areas such as city and rural are too close, highways are short, the whole map seems to compact.

Very disappointed, I'm returning the game this weekend while I can still salvage some money for it. Maybe buy it when it's in the bargain bin. not worth the 69.99 price I had to pay in Canada...
  64. Jun 28, 2014
    Watchdogs is the first game that I have ever bought and then resold on EBAY within a matter of days. The opening scene was OK but the story just doesn't flow. I got distracted but not in a fun way. The graphics look like previous generation gaming. The game becomes so repetitive within an hour.
  65. May 28, 2014
    This game is very familiar in many ways. The world is almost a replica of Grand Theft Auto's Liberty City, the missions all feel very much like Assassin's Creed and the gameplay like any third person shooter. Units oft have started this cycle of familiarity, because they know it sells, look at Assassin's Creed. Even though by 3, people were still buying the game, despite the awful forcedThis game is very familiar in many ways. The world is almost a replica of Grand Theft Auto's Liberty City, the missions all feel very much like Assassin's Creed and the gameplay like any third person shooter. Units oft have started this cycle of familiarity, because they know it sells, look at Assassin's Creed. Even though by 3, people were still buying the game, despite the awful forced stealth missions, horribly underdeveloped characters and story, terrible dialogue and most of all, repetitive missions. People still bought it and said "wow best game ever." Watch_Dogs is Ubisoft's way of molesting their customers, except it's more like date rape because they all agreed to it, including me.

First off, the main character is a cardboard cut out of any third person action game. He's boring and at times unbearably tiring. This character's design is almost exactly the same as an Assassin from the later Assassin's Creed games. Moving onto missions, the prospect of hacking becomes old quite quick as missions degrade into go here, hack that, do some running, or sneak. He game claims to have a busy open world, by busy it means terrible AI and the same one man trying to mug a lady 100 times over. Random events don't become random after about half an hour because they're all the same and it's more fun to try and avoid getting involved.

Hacking something is quite interesting he first time, although, becomes quite ordinary after the tenth time. You're limited to hacking only a number of special highlighted objects in the world. In the end I wasted money on this, you don't have to as well.
  66. May 30, 2014
    Depth of a puddle and an erratic story line make it one of the most disappointing games of the year. The majority of the game stays true to the Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed model, lots of filler, little depth. Spend more time looking for puzzle pieces and collecting worthless items in order to fill your time. Stop comparing it to GTA V, fan boys are delusional.
  67. May 30, 2014
    When Ubisoft brought out the first preview for this game at e3 2012, I was blown away by the hacking mechanic in the game. Sad to say this but after playing for more than 10 hours, this game is boring...Ubisoft advertised the game by putting "Hacking is your weapon", well in the game..guns are the strongest weapon. Plus the developers decided to downgraded the graphics thanks to theWhen Ubisoft brought out the first preview for this game at e3 2012, I was blown away by the hacking mechanic in the game. Sad to say this but after playing for more than 10 hours, this game is boring...Ubisoft advertised the game by putting "Hacking is your weapon", well in the game..guns are the strongest weapon. Plus the developers decided to downgraded the graphics thanks to the current consoles...sigh. Most overrated and overhyped game of this year. Expand
  68. Jun 4, 2014
    I would love to give this game a 7 or 8 which is what it was looking like from the first time I got to play it. But after day 1 The game will no longer load. A lot of people are complaining about bugs or game not loading at all like me. I give this game a 1 because that was the amount of days I got to play it since launch. If you are on the fence of buying this game I would say passI would love to give this game a 7 or 8 which is what it was looking like from the first time I got to play it. But after day 1 The game will no longer load. A lot of people are complaining about bugs or game not loading at all like me. I give this game a 1 because that was the amount of days I got to play it since launch. If you are on the fence of buying this game I would say pass because there is a good chance you are flushing your cash down the toilet. Over a week and Ubisoft wont even address the issue. besides a tweet "we are working on it" I will not be supporting any further Ubisoft titles and neither should you. Expand
  69. Jun 3, 2014
    This game has lied to me. I don't know if I just got the wrong game, but there was some weird smartphone/hacking stuff going on. All I wanted to do was watch dogs! There aren't any dogs to watch so 0/10.
  70. May 29, 2014
    Complete crap. Not sure why they delayed it. Clunkiest, clumsiest driving controls I have ever experienced. General character mechanics are terrible. Gets boring really fast. Very repetitive side mission structure.

On the plus, it is not bad graphically. I have seen better, but I feel like I'm playing a PS3 game and that I'm not looking at next-gen graphics. The game concept is great. Would be interested in the game if the character and driving mechanics were more on par with Rockstar, or Assassins Creed.
  71. May 29, 2014
    After how hard people continue to be bent over and **** by companies like EA and Ubisoft it's amazing to me that there are people so impulsive and stupid that they're still buying games day one, let alone week one. Well, for better or worse, my friend's disdain for this game gave me the opportunity to play it. What can really be said? Aside from, "I've played this game before. It wasAfter how hard people continue to be bent over and **** by companies like EA and Ubisoft it's amazing to me that there are people so impulsive and stupid that they're still buying games day one, let alone week one. Well, for better or worse, my friend's disdain for this game gave me the opportunity to play it. What can really be said? Aside from, "I've played this game before. It was called Grand Theft Auto... III". The driving and physics are on par with a PS2 game, and even San Andreas had more to do than Watch Dogs does a decade later, and I am NOT a huge GTA fan, in fact I think the games are pretty much just shock value, and Rockstar's consistent marketing strategy of creating some kind of media controversy to hype the games makes that an undeniable fact. These kinds of games have never really had any kind of great gameplay to them, but the thing that really turns me off about Watch Dogs is the same thing that turns me off about most games nowadays, and that is their predictability. When a company goes to make a game nowadays, they design their game in the spitting image of whatever game sells best in the same genre (for MMOs it's WoW, for FPS it's CoD, ect), gives it a different character/environment, and add a gimmick. The gimmick in this case obviously being the hacking. It's all very predictable and boring, and Watch Dogs does nothing but continue this trend of homogenization. Ubisoft never wanted Watch Dogs to be it's own game. Watch Dogs wants to be GTA V, it wants to be GTA V so badly yet misses the mark by such a colossal distance that they landed back in the PS2 era. Expand
  72. May 28, 2014
    The good:
    So far it is a fun game with good graphics and entertaining open environment. The story line is top notch and one of the best story driven games this year. From bouncing off cameras to causing black outs this game is definitely open to different ways to attack a situation.
    The bad: So far its nothing but camera angle, control scheme, AI, and driving hell. Every time you get
    The good:

The bad:
    So far its nothing but camera angle, control scheme, AI, and driving hell. Every time you get into a car music is on annoyingly loud, it also doesn’t recall the camera mode you had it in. Driving the car is next to impossible, the Q button is used to hack when driving so you have to take your hand off the A button on a already impossible to control car. If you’re in a building and your next to a door pulling your gun this is meet with a wall or a horrid camera angle, so that you can’t see what your shooting at. In one mission your attack a heavily armed gang, if the police are called they completely ignore the heavily armed gunmen, hop over or on a wall, and shoot you in the face. This is an extremely bad game so far and not something I expected out of Ubisoft.

The ugly:
    Along with the above, I don’t like to be lied too. This game doesn’t have any of the stuff we saw at E3 even with my PC maxing out the settings with a R9 295. This game is not what it was marketed as, a next gen game. It’s missing all the stuff it was supposed to have. Now, I looked at it as a last gen game with stating good graphics but as a next gen I expected much more. Never over market your game Ubisoft I’m disappointed.
  73. Jun 16, 2014
    Had amazing potential. Was to be my game of the year choice for 2014. Instead we got a graphically watered down version from the one shown at E3. The release date was pushed back 6 months for "polish" and fine tuning.

I played about 20 hours mostly doing side missions and events working the story up to the 2nd chapter. Good writing, good motion capture and gameplay mechanics. The

The slow motion or "focus" function becomes lost in the controller and you frequently rediscover it by accidentally activating it from time to time but never actually use it.

The game is an unfinished product with multi platform game breaking bugs. Such as the loading screen bug that prevents me from continuing my game (corrupted save files) Ubisoft has been very sneaky and has avoided the pressure from thousands of players unable to continue playing the game. Others load into the game to find they cannot hack or have their inventories wiped (no guns etc) along with many performance issues with the PC version of the game.

If it weren't for the deplorable customer service and game breaking bugs I would rate the game an 8.5 but in its current state of disrepair with no patch ETA the game is useless to anyone experiencing these issues. Hopefully Ubisoft reads the critic reviews and the 300 Page Official Ubisoft forum thread dedicated to the loading issues and realizes it has angered thousands of people who are now rethinking ever buying another Ubisoft title.
  74. HHJ
    May 28, 2014
    I played Watch Dogs on PC for a few hours and the one thing that kept repeating in my head was: This is GTAV without the humor. Yeah, their is hacking in the game, but really it's just a superficial mechanic. Ultimately the goal is still the same - just with a new obstacle in the form of hacking "puzzles" that require no real intelligence to solve.

I could have dealt with that if the

I could have dealt with that if the missions didn't force me into a linear play style. In certain scenarios you MUST knock your opponents out rather than shoot them down. That alone killed the immersion for me. The main character can massacre an entire gang yet he must knock out 2 of those gang members without good reason. If you're gonna be batman you gotta be batman all the way. Batman doesn't kill 100s of people and knock out a couple random dudes. It just doesn't work.
  75. Jun 3, 2014
    one of the worst games i've ever played , crappy gameplay , the cars are horrible , controls are awful , everything is bad what a waste of time and money , if u still wanna buy it show yourself to a doctor
  76. Jun 13, 2014
    It's freaking unfinished. This is why AAA games can never be trusted. Sometimes I get so disappointed with mainstream games that it forces me to post on this retarded site. Stop paying reviewers off Ubisoft and actually make a decent game.
  77. May 28, 2014
    What a disappointment.

What a disappointment.

The graphics are above average but not nearly what we expect in next-gen. The gameplay is repetitive and ridiculous. There is no way to physically engage pedestrians to cause mayhem. Either hit them with your car (assuming they don't magically dive out of the way) or start a gunfight which ruins the fun anyways. The vehicle handling is a joke. The cop abilities and response time and the entire chase sequences are complete failures. The hacking feature is silly - there is an object, hit the button and it will magically be hacked and will do one specific thing for you. Tada! The characters are completely forgettable.

This game is best described as Assassins Creed without the heart and soul put into it.
  78. Jun 9, 2014
    Not bad, Ubisoft. BUT! This game looks like first Assassin'sCreed. Sandbox like in Far Cry 3 (not good, not bad), the average quality of the gameplay, but there is no game. And the main story is a simple **** A do not compare this game with GTA V.
  79. May 28, 2014
    This game is actually pretty legit it's fun to play and mess around the city of Chicago with the hacking abilities as for the driving it's not as bad as what people say its good not the best but good enough.The story is ok nothing special and the side activities are fun for the most part overall I give an 8/10.
  80. May 28, 2014
    wifi grenades
    hackable pace makers
    RFID apartment keys exploding steam pipes "The IP address is coming from that room!" "shoot fired" "don't shot" "an helicopter" "2 on 10, would not bang" criminals talking about their crimes over the phone in an overtly-surveiled city no police Press X to Everything everything is a generic cliched game mechanic redressed in ctOS braindead AI
    wifi grenades
    hackable pace makers
    RFID apartment keys
    exploding steam pipes
    "The IP address is coming from that room!"
    "shoot fired" "don't shot" "an helicopter"
    "2 on 10, would not bang"
    no police
    Press X to Everything
    everything is a generic cliched game mechanic redressed in ctOS
    braindead AI with magic bottomless mags
    barebones cover shooter mechanics
    Press X to make dynamic cover from any one of 35,000 hand-placed forklifts
    PS2-era ragdolls with zero blending
    weak driving physics
    nonexistent destruction
    one crime to stop on foot
    3 ways to end a chase sequence
    undersides of cars are literally a black texture
    world mechanics lifted DIRECTLY from AC1 just like every other open-world ubisoft game
    boring story with inconsistent characters and tone and mediocre voice acting
    casually kill hundreds of sometimes-innocent people in your quest to secure your missing sister
    endless meme references
    ridiculous requirements for downgraded graphics with no optimisation
    horrible, **** soundtrack
    weak licensed radio which is really just a long playlist
    final boss is a QTE
    gunplay sucks
    graphics suck
    glitchy
    souless world
  81. May 28, 2014
    the game is so sh**ty, and already bought it for PS4, i wanna cut my b*lls, since theres no return policy for games in my country.
    -Can't hit people.
    -Car driving is like playing a bad racing game on ipad. -People are dumb. no reactions. -If you left your fuc*ing car crossover the street , the traffic will stop there forever, what the f**k is that?? I dont have the GTA syndrome. At
    -Can't hit people.
    -Car driving is like playing a bad racing game on ipad.
    -People are dumb. no reactions.
    I dont have the GTA syndrome.
    At least i can hear the voice of Sasha Gray in Saints Row.. but this?
  82. May 29, 2014
    Deceived!!, Slipped a second-rate product! and this is not the 1st time sostorony Frogs

Обманули!!!!, подсунули второсортный продукт!!! и это уже не 1й раз состорону лягушатников
  83. May 27, 2014
    Meh is how I feel about this game. I was completely underwhelmed. The driving is sloppy, the hacking is really boring and when the peoples occupation and things about them pop up I actually find it distracting, overtaking my screen. You can't shoot your gun out of your car which is a frickin joke. The side missions are a borefest. The main story is like a 12 year old wrote it. Aiden is oneMeh is how I feel about this game. I was completely underwhelmed. The driving is sloppy, the hacking is really boring and when the peoples occupation and things about them pop up I actually find it distracting, overtaking my screen. You can't shoot your gun out of your car which is a frickin joke. The side missions are a borefest. The main story is like a 12 year old wrote it. Aiden is one if the most unlike able characters I've ever had to play has. Ubisoft royally dropped the ball. I wish I wouldn't have bought it. Expand
  84. May 29, 2014
    Foremost, before you buy this game I would like to warn you of the terrible car handling, as with most of these type of games from GTA, Just Cause 2 and Sleeping dogs the driving is one of the main part of the game. GTA driving mechanics weren't great, but Watch Dog are just awful, bordering unplayable.

The cars slip and slid around like that the ice part in Zelda: ocarina of time, - Don't turn enough and the car doesn't turn, turn too much and its slips'n'slids and fish tails around like crazy, hitting every, lamp post, car, fence, wall, pedestrian and building, which makes those - Chase guy mission frustrating, or tail that guy and invade the goons are just plan unenjoyable. And there are loads of these, the main campaign is mostly tail this guy, chase those guys oh and the terrible sneak into the build or sneak out without been seen, and if they catch you it's right back to the beginning again.

It take all the worst and annoying elements from other open world games, the parts that are just filling to add more packing to the game, Watch_Dogs is that, filler.

This is a god awful game, and a nasty little PC port..

Do not buy..
  85. May 27, 2014
    Like my username says, I'm going to give my honest opinion of the game. No one has to agree, but I felt that I had to get this out of my system.
    I really don't like Watch Dogs and here's why:
    I really don't like Watch Dogs and here's why:
    1. Hacking- I do love the hacking in this game, don't get me wrong. I love when I'm in a speed chase and the car behind me gets slammed because I switched the traffic light. However, the hacking is mundane after using it to escape. Using hacking in stealth is a bit of a chore and not as much fun as during a high speed chase.
    2. You don't really get to choose what you want to do- Hear me out: I started the game and couldn't play chess with a guy in a coffee shop. Seriously? I have to unlock chess? What's worse is the guy in the shop said point blank, "Care for a game?" while the "NOT AVAILABLE" Sign lingered over his head. This was only a taste however. Whenever the player is trying to do something, say go to the next story way point, there will ALWAYS be something that the game tries to force on you. All criminal missions are randomized and appear on your phone usually when you are focused on something else. Do you want to catch criminals? Too bad, you actually have to wait for one to pop up. Don't want to catch criminals? Here's the next way point to where they are! The worst instance of this is the online multiplayer. TWICE I have gone to activate an activity or mission only to be invaded and forced to interact with someone trying to hack me. Do you want to turn off online? OH SORRY, YOU LOOSE A S*** TON OF PROGRESS POINTS! Seriously annoying.
    3. Boring- Sorry to say, but the characters have nothing going for them. I tried to get into the story, but it's lackluster and stale. There is no real drive or emotion portrayed by anyone.
    4.Failure- Maybe I'm not too good at the game, but whenever I tried to do something new that the game tried to teach me, I died instantly without getting a lesson completed. The only notification system of what you need to do is a bar in the upper left of the H.U.D. and if there are people shooting at you, you aren't going to look there.
    So that's a basic run through of why I don't like the game. For all of you guys posting 0 just because it didn't live up to hype, screw you, give a reason you don't like the game that doesn't involve marketing designed to get you to buy the game in the first game. To all of you posting 10 scores, If you liked it I really appreciate that. I couldn't like this game but you guys found parts to enjoy so congrats. But seriously, if it is a 10 for YOU give it a 10 and support why, don't just post random **** saying "BEST GAME EVER 10/10"
  86. May 31, 2014
    I usually do not post comments or reviews but this game is so poor and so over marketed that I had to share my feedbacks:

- the hacking system is really poor, all you have to do is to hold X: absolutely boring, no challenge, and it´s so easy that it´s become ridiculous: the hero is hacking the town with a kind of magic phone. - the driver system is broken: the physic engine is

- the driver system is broken: the physic engine is terrible and driving a car is like driving a block of iron on rails. Then each mission involving car driving is just a pain.

- the hero is just another stereotype of the guy who loose his son/niece/teddy bear/whatever and who now wants to clean the world from the über vilains.

Anyway, this game has been over marketed but it´s very weak, and it does not deserve its rating : it looks good, it smells good but in fact that´s just an empty shell.
  87. May 28, 2014
    Yes, I played this game.
    Why?
    1. The whole game is like GTA 3.5 - ok, not a BIG problem.
    2. Bugs? Ok, it's 'normal' ...
    3. Camera - where is dynamic camera?
    4. Collision system.. really?
    5. Crowd system control - I thought after all ACs this would be mastered to perfection.
    6. Physics?
    7. Mechanics?

and so many other 'little' things...
  88. May 31, 2014
    There are so many game breaking glitches in this game that at this point it deserves a 0. I cannot even load my game anymore because it gets stuck at 90% loaded when I click on continue. Other people have lost all their weapons, abilities, clothes, and more after being killed online. I haven't been able to play my game I payed 60$ for 3 days now. Who knows when a patch will be releasedThere are so many game breaking glitches in this game that at this point it deserves a 0. I cannot even load my game anymore because it gets stuck at 90% loaded when I click on continue. Other people have lost all their weapons, abilities, clothes, and more after being killed online. I haven't been able to play my game I payed 60$ for 3 days now. Who knows when a patch will be released that will allow me to actually PLAY the game instead of staring at a loading screen forever.

WARNING this problem WILL affect you eventually especially if you redeem any in-game awards from UPLAY which may be the cause of this glitch.
  89. Jun 3, 2014
    The short version: Anyone saying that Ubisoft vastly under-delivered on what they promised is telling you the truth.

Everything else you need to know: The engine and the framework of the game is perfectly fun, but the entire experience is washed over by the insultingly bad writing and character development. By the end of the play through you start to realize that there are entire sections of game that you expected by watching all of the previews and yet never got to experience.

The Joseph DeMarco scene could specifically be called out as a prime example of what the Ubisoft team promised, however, that scene was almost entirely cut out and what was left was hastily re-used and written over for some completely left-field mouse character that holds zero relevance to the plot and serves only to distract and confuse the entire story.

A pure example of flimsy character development would be Aiden Pearce's original motivation, which is to pursue someone in anger after they made threats about a family member. Aiden Pearce's first move, then, is instantly to threaten that character's family members without ever caring that that was the very kind of action that had driven him to action in the first place.

The other characters are reduced to worn out stereotypes and tropes, and the Ubisoft team was apparently not afraid to seem racist or sexist in their characters. I can only count one female character who isn't brutalized by violence, and she is in the game for maybe 60 seconds. She's supposed to be a psychiatrist, but she's used only as a babysitter. There are zero black or otherwise non-white characters who aren't portrayed as uneducated violent thugs.

In the end this game boils down to the hardcore repressed teenage white male power fantasies that Hollywood has been shamelessly spitting out for ages. At the end of the game all of the heroes are white and all of the women and minorities are dead or forgotten.

Also I'm apparently supposed to be angry about the reduced graphics quality, but all in all that seems like the smallest broken promise from Ubisoft.
  90. May 31, 2014
    The game was terrible. Not only was it a rushed port on PC, but it's not that good of a quality game. This isn't the advertised product from E3. The driving is also terrible. This is why you don't rush games. The game could have been amazing, but the thirst for $ ruined it. This game deserved a late 2014 or a 2015 release date. Never again will I buy another Ubisoft product, for they justThe game was terrible. Not only was it a rushed port on PC, but it's not that good of a quality game. This isn't the advertised product from E3. The driving is also terrible. This is why you don't rush games. The game could have been amazing, but the thirst for $ ruined it. This game deserved a late 2014 or a 2015 release date. Never again will I buy another Ubisoft product, for they just rush things out and don't care if the product is even good quality, or as advertised. Expand
  91. May 28, 2014
    Wow... where do i begin... at the begining i suppose;

Wow... where do i begin... at the begining i suppose;

Casting my mind back to e3 2012 and the first time i saw this game in action i thought wow, thats looks really good, and it did - the graphics looked true next gen and the concept was intriguing. The following year at e3 2013 they showed the game again - this time it looked a little off from the previous year in terms of visuals, but this was (we were told) because it was running on the PS4 (or at least a PC with the same specs), it still looked good so i wasnt too concerned. Anyway come launch day May 27th, i went to my local game store and picked up the game, got home and started to play...

Initialy the game looked ok at the start, being night time and raining created a nice atmosphere and some pretty looking visuals, not e3 pretty, but nice all the same. But my impression of the game quickly changed when i saw the day time, lets not beat around the bush - it looked bad, in fact i have seen better looking last gen games that this. The lighting during the daytime is awful, its bland, dull and washed out, with very soft shadows that lack any real definition, the who lighting system lacks contrast, nothing stands out, instead it all just blends together in a drab mash of grey and beige. In my opinion GTA V looks more next gen...

Some objects look ok, things like trees look ok although they are nothing special and look like they would be right at home in the console version of skyrim, they lack any self shadows which can make them look a bit flat. Colors in the game are muted and washed out. Character models are probably the best looking things in the game, but while they are not bad, they are also nothing to write home about either - also some NPCs can look like they are glowing, especially in shadowed areas.

For the most part buidings look fine, even if they do look slightly last gen, although some buildings just look down right bad, they look very flat, especially in the distance where they look like upscaled PS2 buildings.

Textures are boring, flat, drab and lifeless with not real definition at all, most of them being the exact same shades of grey and beige, and it looks like ubisoft just copied and pasted these all over the game.

Car models are OK, but ive seen much better. They look very last gen, and the textures on the cars is rather dull.

Driving in this game is among the worst ive ever encountered in a game, with cars being both very twitchy AND unresonsive and heavy at the same time (dont know how they did that), to give you some idea of how bad it really is - try to imagine driving a car both underwater and on ice at the same time, then you will have some idea of how bad the driving physics are. Cars can also feel like they are floating at times - speaking of floating, i have actually seen some vehicles that do for a brief time float a couple of inches off the road, before quickly falling down again to the roads surface... Also the slightest press on the accelerator sends to car to full throttle with tires screaching, its very difficult to move at anything other that flat out in this game. Car damage is terrible - for example, you can smash into a group of cars at full speed, hitting them with such force that they burst into flames, yet your car can be completely undamaged - no im not joking. Everytime you hit something you will see sparks and bits of glass and debris flying everywhere, but a quick check shows you have received absolutely NO damage to your car what so ever.

But i hear you cry - its not all about the visuals... and yes you are right - so how is the story and gameplay? Well the story is not great either, it is very cliché and is one of revenge. The main character Aiden Pearce is unrelatable and boring, you certainly wont feel anything for him at all, his voice also becomes very irritating after a while. The hacking at first feels fresh and new, but quickly gets old once the novelty wears off. Missions feel very repetitive, having you do the same things over and over again, sort of assassins creed style. Some of the games characters can be interesting and humourous, certainly more interesting than Aiden... The main story will take about 30hrs to complete, after that there are plenty of side missions and minigames to do - although these feel more like padding just to bult up the game.

I havnt the multiplayer so cannot really comment on it, but ive heard that its similar to GTA Online which i have played and found a bit boring.

In summary this game is completely over hyped and over rated - possibly the most overhyped/ rated game in recent history. Having just paid full price for this, i am completely disappointed in it. If you havnt bought the game yet or are not sure what to do - take my advice, spend your money elsewhere, it will save to the disappointment.

Score 5/10
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.So let me get this straight.. They have been making this game for over 4+ years, having several massive delays to "bring it up to quality standards" while boasting some of the most intrusive and annoying DRM (with outages at release like SimCity) there is just to have pirates crack the game a whopping week before release? I mean, holy f*ck Ubisoft, you screwed up big time with this one.

As this game is a colossal failure beyond my abilties to write in the form of sentences, I'm simply going to list all the problems in this "Sandbox" game:

Watch_Dogs automatically tries to force you into the "Good Karma" route as doing literally any actual "random" event on the world map is just "DURRR, EYM A CRIME SOLVUR, I LISTEN IN ON YUR PHOON N DEN GO 2 SUM PLEYC 2 WITNES SHET LOL". Playing as a bad guy? Well, you'll have no opportunity to say, take advantage of a situation but the worst crime here is the system itself. You need to stay close enough before & when the crime is being commited and If you step in just a little when the game deems it to be 99% close to a crime being commited (as symbolized by the PROBABILITY OF BEING A VICTIM TO A CRIME PERCENTAGE METER above a person's head), both parties (the robber and the one getting robbed, for example) will both fitz into a seizure, ignore eachother and start to casually powerwalk away from the location, and the game saying "HAHA, YOU FAILED TO PREVENT A CRIME, THE CRIMINAL SAW YOU THROUGH THE EYE IN HIS NECK AND NOW HE WILL GO AND COMMIT A CRIME ANOTHER DAY XD". It's just development stupidity beyond my imagination. What did I do subsequently? I shot the criminal in the back of his head and went away smiling. But shame that I got no reward stopping a future crime, nor did I get the opportunity to loot his corpse as the only thing I gained was a "MURDERER!!!!" popup at the top right of my screen.

The police in this game has to be some of the worst I've seen in a while. They are either ignorant, deaf and dumb clutz when you are sneaking around, taking them out loudly with a baton or they're all super-cops, unloading a 100% accuracy barrage of bullets from all directions after rushing to a scene at 160 km/h because they got a report that someone got bumped by a car. I even had the audacity to try and lose them by driving in reversed traffic at full speed in a sports-car. Nope nope nope, said Ubisoft, they have cybernetic implants along with a 600% boost to their handling and breaking capabilities when chasing you, Ubisoft states while jerking off. Don't ask why, our game is perfect and completely justifiles a 60€ pricetag that will drop faster than my libido after orgasm once people start reading reviews for our rubbish. Another police problem would be that patrol cars don't react to traffic laws being broken whatsoever. Drive in opposite lane? No problem. Bump and scratch into people? No problem. Be inches away from driving over a dozen pedestrians? No problem.

Another huge immersive problem would be the people themselves in the city. Apart from a few heavily scripted instances, the personality and overall consistency of the inhabitants are completely off. I've seen dozens of hobos playing virtual reality videogames on their high-end phones while listening in on people that "recently had a panic attack" talk in very deep, collective and calm voices about casually commiting illegal activity. And when that Isn't blatantly obvious, there's also the fact that ALL pedestrians are capable of literally pouncing away from your car If you approach them at even miniscule speeds. This includes eldery people and while seeing an old lady in her 80-90's spasm 4 feet away from my car's hood within the blink of an eye, It's not very realistic while also concreting in the "Good Karma" ideals that the developers have in mind, not letting you do mass murders so easily or realize the absurdly bad car physics to hitting a human body. The cutscenes also look abyssmal with every single NPC set of teeth resembling the detail with that of carved bricks of limestone.

Cars and every aspect of the driving element in this game is copypasted from Sleeping Dogs. While functional, It's FAR from what people expect in this kind of game and more importantly, it's way different from what was advertised as the only "dynamic" thing about cars in this game is that a few plastic covers will fall off after enough damage. The fact that some cars will THROW themselves on the horn 0.0000001 seconds if you slightly bump their rear end is also another example of horrid game design when combined with the constantly occuring scenario where I'd be driving through an intersection, have a truck drive past, I speed up, and the truck suddenly slams on his breaks as he's 85% done crossing the intersection, causing me to crash into his backside because the turd AI in this game told him "SCARY SCARY SITUATION, HE CLOSE, U SLAM BREAKS NOW OK?" It's cheap, It's false advertising and It's Watch Dogs. Stay away.
  93. May 27, 2014
    I picked up midnight release and already traded at walmart for 35$. For me it should have never been released. It's not fun or interesting and looks dated. But graphics don't matter if it's fun and it is not . Some interesting ideas in concept. Poor AI, boring hacking, repetitive game play and simple graphics. I bought ps4 version due to ubisoft and invidia deals blocking AMD. NoI picked up midnight release and already traded at walmart for 35$. For me it should have never been released. It's not fun or interesting and looks dated. But graphics don't matter if it's fun and it is not . Some interesting ideas in concept. Poor AI, boring hacking, repetitive game play and simple graphics. I bought ps4 version due to ubisoft and invidia deals blocking AMD. No reasons to waste your money. Expand
  94. May 27, 2014
    At the 2012 E3 reveal Watch Dogs was a promise of the future. It looked amazing, everything was clean. physics were unprecedented: vehicles acted believably upon collision. In the following years as the game was displayed more and more that original vision was put into question. Now the game is out for the final judgment on how it stacks up to that original vision.

The version I played

The version I played was on PS4 and can't speak to the PC version, however, the first thing you notice is how bad the game looks. I usually don't complain about aliasing but it's a big problem here. The shadows have an ugly dithering effect on their edges. Texture quality is all over the place. Items, vehicles, pedestrians, textures, will pop-up all the time in one of the worst immersion breaking aspects of the game. Overall the image quality is inconsistent and nowhere near what was shown at E3 2012.

While the game was sold on it's beautiful immersing world eventually graphics can be forgiven if the gameplay is good. That's not the case here. Gameplay is as equally bad as the visuals.

As soon as you notice how bad the game looks you'll notice how bad it feels. You start off in a small area and it feels cramped. The camera at maximum sensitivity is too slow with heavy acceleration layered on. This contradicts and hinders the playability of some of the arcadier distractions. By itself that's bad enough but upon any movement of Aidens body the camera wobbles around like an inebriated infant. The end result feels like you're wrestling with your avatar instead of being him.

Vehicle handling is just as bad. Even smaller sports cars feel wobbly and unresponsive. It's not a proper feeling of the weight of a vehicle. It just feels like trying to make a lump of play dough go straight in mud with a tooth pick. Vehicle collisions is another major letdown. Maybe the intent was to make the game forgiving but the result is that there is no sense of impact or inertia to collisions. If you hit a vehicle in any way but with dead center of your grill the non-player cars will just fly away and you'll keep going as if nothing happened. If you played the True Crime games this is exactly how it feels.

There are four different camera modes when driving. From behind, a more top down camera that give you a better view of the road ahead, hood cam, and most interestingly the cockpit cam. Unfortunately, the cockpit cam is useless since there's a very small allowable viewing angle and the camera is too slow to look around anyway. You can't even look to the left of the wheel.

One of the game's main selling points was the hacking. You could do some neat things with it like check most pedestrians backgrounds, steal their money, or predict whether they'll be a victim or criminal. However, in practical gaming terms it just acts as a long distance interact button. It's nice but by itself it won't carry the game. Also, the effects and indicators associated with
    hacking look bad and don't blend well with the world.

Overall, this is a game that fails on all of it's promises. It doesn't look good nor does it play well. The game was more than five years in the making with half a year delay and it still ended up feeling like a bad GTA clone from two generations ago. It's one standout feature doesn't do anything to change that. People like to quote Shiguru Miyomoto's, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." If that's the case this game needed another five and a half years of development.
  95. May 28, 2014
    Watch Dogs is the most average, uninspired, by-the-numbers triple-A game I've played in a long time. Considering an Ubisoft game's usual high level of quality and polish I'm amazed by how flat Watch Dogs is from a gameplay and story perspective.

Gameplay: Driving feels like a PS2-era GTA III clone. Coming from GTA V/GTA Online driving to this is shocking. It also just doesn't feel fun. Travel in an open-world game like this should not be an unpleasant chore. The gun play is flat like the driving. On foot the controls seem more refined and your guy walks around with decent animations, and can climbs and run around convincingly. In general, the story missions and side missions just aren't fun, and I don't feel the player agency I get in games like GTA V.

Story: I hate the story, the characters, even the stupid cap/over coat outfit that is your only wardrobe choice. I remember people complaining about the characters in GTA V (not because they were boring , flat or not fleshed out but because they found Trevor repugnant) I wonder how these people will feel about watch Dogs protagonist Aiden Something or Another? I'll take interesting but unlikeable over the Watch Dogs guy any day.

Graphics and Sound: Other than the fact that Watch Dogs runs at a higher resolution there's not a thing that visually exceeds what's been accomplished with GTA V on last-gen consoles. I saw reviewers mentioning the water effects. They aren't on par with GTA V's water. Also the music sucks, but the ambient city sounds make up for this. The playlist approach to music gives you no context for the city as a character (like GTA V!) so again, one more thing that makes the game feel flat and uninspired.
  96. May 27, 2014
    I did not expected ths game to be perfect. But at least average. Ou man, how I was dissapointed. It feels like PS2 game in early PS3 graphics (just running on PS4). The hacking missions itself are fine. But everything else is so unpolished and rushed. I would almost say unfinished. Driving model is joke. The damage and physics engine too. Each time I drive Im reminded of DeadlyI did not expected ths game to be perfect. But at least average. Ou man, how I was dissapointed. It feels like PS2 game in early PS3 graphics (just running on PS4). The hacking missions itself are fine. But everything else is so unpolished and rushed. I would almost say unfinished. Driving model is joke. The damage and physics engine too. Each time I drive Im reminded of Deadly Premonitions. :-) That is not good in game with many car chases and hack causing mass crashes on intersections.
    I they made it just about hacking missions (structure like Hitman or Splinter cell - semilinear levels in linear story) it could be fun 8/10 game. But they burried this part in so much mess, that I can not recomend this game for full price to anybody.
  97. May 27, 2014
    I usually don't write reviews but after playing this game for a few hours I feel as if I owe it to my fellow gamers….I am just unimpressed. As others have stated the driving physics are just poor and the controls rather clunky. Furthermore the visuals of this game just didn't impress. Many are comparing it to GTAV from last generation…I say GTAV might even look better at times. Some ofI usually don't write reviews but after playing this game for a few hours I feel as if I owe it to my fellow gamers….I am just unimpressed. As others have stated the driving physics are just poor and the controls rather clunky. Furthermore the visuals of this game just didn't impress. Many are comparing it to GTAV from last generation…I say GTAV might even look better at times. Some of the effects are good and do spruce up the experience a little but the game is still lacking overall. I know graphics are not everything but I do think it would make this game a lot more enthralling and immersive if they had polished it quit a bit more. The map is large but more of a quantity thing than quality. I feel Ubisoft really shot itself in the foot with this one with all the marketing hype which made my expectations high which is probably why I am being so critical in my review. It just doesn't live up to the hype. An "A" for Ubisofts marketing department though! Expand
  98. May 27, 2014
    Watch_Dogs is a mediocre GTA/sandbox-world game. Boring main character, terrible driving mechanics, endless reminders to join online games, and a bland hacking mechanic make WD a game to rent or borrow.
  99. May 27, 2014
    Pros:
    Good graphics. Not E3 2012 but still good.
    Well designed open world city.
    Cons:
    Badly optimized for PC.
    It's so boring. Boring story and even hacking gameplay is boring.
  100. May 27, 2014
    20 horas de juego - 30 horas de misiones secundarias. ¿Realmente espere todo este tiempo solo para eso? Ademas el contenido grafico expuesto en la E3 fue solamente una farsa, me siento realmente descepcionad.

1. Aug 6, 2014
    Watch Dogs is a fun open world experience. However, the repetitive chases and the formulaic gameplay tend to get tedious and boring after a while. As such, you might want to enjoy the different multiplayer experiences and take frequent breaks to just roam around the city.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    It’s a bold first step on the new terrain for Ubisoft. The game is enjoyable, offers some interesting mechanics and lasts for long enough, but is bland as a whole. The characters lack personalities, the city could use more distinctness and the story is instantly forgettable. [07/2014, p.46]
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    Overall, it is almost without a doubt the best platformer that has popped up on the current generation of consoles and is a bedrock on which Ubisoft could build a brand to remember.